PDA

View Full Version : Big Z to Miami....

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Damn, death to Cleveland.

PDcavsinsider Agent Herb Rudoy says Ilgauskas has chosen to sign with Heat. Z hopes to return & be part of #Cavs organization when his career is over.

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm sure Cavs fans understand this, Z deserves a ring.

Se
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Roster is rounding out nicely in Miami.

CT: Ilgauskas/ Howard/ Pittman
PF: Bosh/ Haslem/ Varnado
SF: James/ Miller/ Butler
SG: Wade/
PG: Chalmers/

They just need to get hold of TMac and Iverson.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Damn, death to Cleveland.
if i was as mad as the cavs owner, i wouldnt give big z no job. maybe he can go goon for lebron when his career is over.

33teeth
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM

Why?

KB2009Champ
:oldlol: :oldlol:

poor cavs

Cangri
Big Z is a huge liability on D, and really wouldn't fit Miami's fast pace play at all.

Micku
Big Z? Isn't he pushing 40? I thought they would get Tyson Chandler or somethin'. Their bench is gonn'a be a bench of old men with wheelchairs or a bench of rookies.

But this is going to be their first decent 7 footer in a while.

Batz
07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Royalty ftw.

lakers_forever
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
PDcavsinsider Agent Herb Rudoy says Ilgauskas has chosen to sign with Heat. Z hopes to return & be part of #Cavs organization when his career is over.

Signing with the Heat might kill his hopes of returning to the Cavs when his career is over.

(e)
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Sucks to be a Cavs fan.

I don't think Miami is done with bigs. I can definitely see them sending rookies down to the Dleague.

Dampier is going to get cut, he could come play.
Kwame Brown is still out there.
Joel Anthony will likely return.

Jerry Stackhouse has said he'll play for the min, wouldn't be surprised if he was Wade's backup.

They'll still need a backup PG though.

OneMoreSucka
07-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Another poor signing

BFRESH44
Big Z is a huge liability on D, and really wouldn't fit Miami's fast pace play at all.

He's going to be a back-up. Pick & Pop player..

HylianNightmare
[QUOTE=Se

(e)
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Big Z? Isn't he pushing 40? I thought they would get Tyson Chandler or somethin'. Their bench is gonn'a be a bench of old men with wheelchairs or a bench of rookies.

But this is going to be their first decent 7 footer in a while.

You do know Tyson Chandler will make over 12 million this year, he isn't a free agent.

Yung D-Will
07-13-2010, 03:00 PM
The man deserves it. He gave up 12 years to the organization and all of his prime he deserves to be in a position to get a ring. We always know he's a cav for life

HylianNightmare
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM

too many good vets to pick from in this FA class, the heat will get a solid guy for cheap

Jason williams
Alston
arroyo
Anthony johnson

are all available still and are probably still trying to get rings

And who will be starting C for Miami 'couse Ilgauskas cant play more than 25 min.

dampier will get cut, kwame could smarten up and come down, you can end up splitting the PT between 3 guys and that would still get it done

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Another poor signing

:oldlol:

AirJordan23
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Final nail in the coffin for the Cavs.

bagelred
07-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Another one of Lebron's friends. This team is like "Lebron James Support Group".

HylianNightmare
07-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Another one of Lebron's friends. This team is like "Lebron James Support Group".

isn't earl barron a free agent, you guys better lock him up quick before he joins the miami party

Indian guy
07-13-2010, 03:07 PM

You can bet LeBron recruited the sh!t out of him. If only to p!ss Cleveland off even more, because I don't know if Z has anything left. He looked done last season.

Anyway, if Cleveland fans end up hating Z for this, then you know they were always bullsh!tting about how "it's not that he left, but the WAY he left".

07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Z is close to being done. Not afraid.
Haslem is too small for Pau. Pau owns Bosh. Bynum will own Z. Not afraid.
Hopefully Caracter pans out too a la DeJuan Blair.

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM

You can bet LeBron recruited the sh!t out of him. If only to p!ss Cleveland off even more, because I don't know if Z has anything left. He looked done last season.

Z's size alone caused L.A plenty of problems last season. Z won't have to play many minutes to be a factor his size alone will help Miami clog the paint.

07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Heat signed Juwan Howard too? Haha, well Florida is a retirement state anyway. :roll:

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Heat signed Juwan Howard too? Haha, well Florida is a retirement state anyway. :roll:

Juwan was very soild for Portland last season.

HylianNightmare
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
z will do fine against bynum, if bynum is even healthy enough to play in the finals.

big if, and bosh will do fine on gasol, if they meet in the finals the matchups will be so amazing to watch

wade/kobe
lebron/artest
bosh/gasol

it will be fun to watch

hawksdogsbraves
07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Very good signing by Miami, this has to sting like a ***** for Cleveland though.

Indian guy
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Just visited the Cavs board and guess what? They're now calling Z a "traitor" too. "Sold Out"...."Can't respect him no more"...."Ring Chaser".....that's what I'm reading.

Didn't I tell you? This whole "It's not that LeBron left, but the way he left...that's why I hate him". That was always a BIG load of bullsh!t. These losers have a weird sense of self-entitlement. And that is why they're so deserving of this misery.

Se
07-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Z is working as a spy for Dan Gilbert, and will injure LeBron in practice.

Terrible signing by Miami.

Micku
07-13-2010, 03:16 PM
You do know Tyson Chandler will make over 12 million this year, he isn't a free agent.

I thought he was a free agent this year? But then he just got traded, right?

hawksdogsbraves
07-13-2010, 03:18 PM
I knew Miami would get quality guys with their meager remaining cap room. Within a week they already got Mike Miller, Haslem, Ilgauskas, Juwan Howard, and Stackhouse. That is pretty a pretty good veteran bunch of ring chasers with a few more still to add on.

boozehound
07-13-2010, 03:19 PM
The man deserves it. He gave up 12 years to the organization and all of his prime he deserves to be in a position to get a ring. We always know he's a cav for life
this is so ****ing dumb. he didnt give up shit. He got paid millions to be a marginally decent center in the league. no one deserves a ring, ever.

except for uncle cliffy! Wha! He deserves a wing! Wha!

AznTacoLover
Waii waaat? but this probably be his last season. and he knew he wasn't going to win one with the cavs...

I expect both Big Z and Howard to be useless. :roll:
Caracter will most likely contribute more than both of them :D

boozehound
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I knew Miami would get quality guys with their meager remaining cap room. Within a week they already got Mike Miller, Haslem, Ilgauskas, Juwan Howard, and Stackhouse. That is pretty a pretty good veteran bunch of ring chasers with a few more still to add on.
since when is 15 mil in cap space meager? Z and howard are pretty much non-factors IMO. and they dont have stack yet.

boozehound
07-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I thought he was a free agent this year? But then he just got traded, right?
not a FA. he had a player option, which he wisely took.

GOBB
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Tyson Chandler elected NOT to opt out after he said he planned on going to. So he is under contract for 1 more year. He's an expirer basically. $12mil one at that. Him going back on opting out was under the radar given all the hoopla of the popular free agent frenzy/buzz going around.

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I expect both Big Z and Howard to be useless. :roll:
Caracter will most likely contribute more than both of them :D

:oldlol: Trying to convince yourself?

boozehound
07-13-2010, 03:27 PM
:oldlol: Trying to convince yourself?
you are a ****ing fool

Rowe
07-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Big Z & Howard are very minor moves. They're not going to have that much of an impact on the Heat next season, they are there as veteran experience for the locker room. They'll get some PT but signing Big Z & Howard isn't like signing guys like Haslem & Miller who will be important for Miami next season.

I wonder if Big Z will take more 3's this season. He shot 48% from 3 last season.

Phanatik
07-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Why are you guys worrying about match-ups now. The season hasn't even started. A lot of things look good on paper but won't pan out on the court. Let's just hope both Miami and the Lakers make the finals this upcoming year, then we'll worry about the match-ups.

boozehound
07-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Why are you guys worrying about match-ups now. The season hasn't even started. A lot of things look good on paper but won't pan out on the court. Let's just hope both Miami and the Lakers make the finals this upcoming year, then we'll worry about the match-ups.
why in the world would I hope for that?

paintingshade
07-13-2010, 03:36 PM
this is gonna be fun to watch...

miami will not win in 2011, or 2012. MAYBE 2014

GOBB
07-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Big Z & Howard are very minor moves. They're not going to have that much of an impact on the Heat next season, they are there as veteran experience for the locker room. They'll get some PT but signing Big Z & Howard isn't like signing guys like Haslem & Miller who will be important for Miami next season.

I wonder if Big Z will take more 3's this season. He shot 48% from 3 last season.

Of course they are minor moves. Heat are filling out the roster which some didnt think would be possible. Pretty obvious you're not going to get major pieces handing out vet minimums. :confusedshrug:

Grinder
07-13-2010, 03:40 PM
this is so ****ing dumb. he didnt give up shit. He got paid millions to be a marginally decent center in the league. no one deserves a ring, ever.

except for uncle cliffy! Wha! He deserves a wing! Wha!

Exactly. He sucked 100+ million out of the Cavs organization through several injury prone seasons.

crisoner
07-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Final nail in the coffin for the Cavs.

That's what I thought.

That Riley guy is a genius....wow.

He is getting guys around the Miami Thrice...Miller and Haslem great signings....Big Z as good as you can get for a Center.

Good enough to win a title though? Don't think so.

crisoner
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Exactly. He sucked 100+ million out of the Cavs organization through several injury prone seasons.

Yeah Big Z can afford the paycut...poor Cavs fans. Man I would hate the f*ck out of the Heat if I was one.

CLE[216]
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Z's length will give Dwight a lot of problems come playoff time.

lol

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 03:43 PM
This team is going to steamroll towards a title(s).

Steamroll. :eek:

CLE[216]
07-13-2010, 03:47 PM

http://blog.cleveland.com/mycleveland_impact/2009/01/large_Zydrunas-Ilgauskas-my-cleveland.jpg

GAME OVER.

boozehound
07-13-2010, 03:49 PM
']Z's length will give Dwight a lot of problems come playoff time.

lol
not really. ah, white text

The Iron Fist
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
This signing makes perfect sense. When the Heats fail to win it all, they can always fall back on the ole Lebron faithful excuse,

"he didn't have anyone to help him"
"management failed to surround him with the right players".

Looking at it from another angle, if part of the reason Lebron left Cleveland was because "he had no teammates",

why sign someone from that very same team?

SinJackal
07-13-2010, 03:52 PM
i honestly hope the heat pick up stackhouse too

If they get him an Iverson, they'd be one of the oldest teams in the NBA.

Lakerlove420
07-13-2010, 03:53 PM
not really. ah, white text

how did you spot that?

Clifton
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Obviously a good signing. "won't fit in with the Heat's fast-paced play?" How many guys does a team really need to be running and jumping at one time? Was Showtime "slowed down" by Kareem? These guys are trying to win a title every year until Wade turns 35. Averaging 102ppg instead of 106ppg in the regular season because Z's 20mpg encourage halfcourt play is not going to bring this team down, let's be serious.

I for one thing the Z signing is ideal. Remember in Cleveland, when all Lebron had for like 2 years as an option besides himself was hitting Z who had just popped out to 18-20 feet for a jumper that went in, it seems like, every single time? Don't you think it's good that the Heat have a center like that, considering their 2 main options both need the paint opened up for them to be their best?

If this team truly can get Miller, Haslem AND Z around the big 3, they don't just have 3 top 10 players; they have 3 top 10 players surrounded by 3 of the best roleplayers imaginable. These guys are the very definition of solid. The only way they could top it would be to add Fisher and Battier, or something.

TheCorporation
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
']http://blog.cleveland.com/mycleveland_impact/2009/01/large_Zydrunas-Ilgauskas-my-cleveland.jpg

GAME OVER.

LMFAO!

Post of the day haahahahahaha

InfiniteBaskets
07-13-2010, 03:55 PM
If they get him an Iverson, they'd be one of the oldest teams in the NBA.

The Heat were one of, if not, the oldest team in the NBA in 2006.

OneMoreSucka
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM

:cheers:

Clocian-IGN
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
that front court is getting killed and I cannot wait for the bulls to do it!

SinJackal
07-13-2010, 04:04 PM
The Heat were one of, if not, the oldest team in the NBA in 2006.

Their balance back then was far better than it is now. Shaq was still very good, Zo was very productive still. Replacing that with the crappy Ilgauskis and overrated Bosh. . .their interior defense isn't even half what it was back then. Heat are primarily a driving/shooting team (even Bosh is more of a shooter and off the dribble scorer). They lack size up front, and their oversized backcourt does not make up for it imo.

It's not gonna work like 2006. imo

InfiniteBaskets
07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Their balance back then was far better than it is now. Shaq was still very good, Zo was very productive still. Replacing that with the crappy Ilgauskis and overrated Bosh. . .their interior defense isn't even half what it was back then. Heat are primarily a driving/shooting team (even Bosh is more of a shooter and off the dribble scorer). They lack size up front, and their oversized backcourt does not make up for it imo.

It's not gonna work like 2006. imo

They have more offense than they did in 2006. And if you thought that there were a lot of whistles in the 2006 finals...

SinJackal
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM
They have more offense than they did in 2006. And if you thought that there were a lot of whistles in the 2006 finals...

Oh god, don't remind me.

Thier offense is def' better, I agree 100%. Their D is far worse though. I'm not seeing that style beating whoever comes out of the west. Every top western conf' team has a lot of bigs.

NugzFan
07-13-2010, 04:09 PM

no player deserves a ring. not even lebron. you earn a ring.

ring chasers = gay

NugzFan
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM

:oldlol: well said.

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
SinJackal is a character, man....:oldlol: :oldlol:

ElPigto
07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Obviously a good signing. "won't fit in with the Heat's fast-paced play?" How many guys does a team really need to be running and jumping at one time? Was Showtime "slowed down" by Kareem? These guys are trying to win a title every year until Wade turns 35. Averaging 102ppg instead of 106ppg in the regular season because Z's 20mpg encourage halfcourt play is not going to bring this team down, let's be serious.

I for one thing the Z signing is ideal. Remember in Cleveland, when all Lebron had for like 2 years as an option besides himself was hitting Z who had just popped out to 18-20 feet for a jumper that went in, it seems like, every single time? Don't you think it's good that the Heat have a center like that, considering their 2 main options both need the paint opened up for them to be their best?

If this team truly can get Miller, Haslem AND Z around the big 3, they don't just have 3 top 10 players; they have 3 top 10 players surrounded by 3 of the best roleplayers imaginable. These guys are the very definition of solid. The only way they could top it would be to add Fisher and Battier, or something.

Big Z at one point was good, but now he is just slow. I don't think he will help the Heat all that much. Haslem and Miller though, they are definitely going to help a lot, however I would still be concerned about the interior defense. If Dampier were to sign here (I'm sure Bobcats will release him) then that definitely would be a HUGE help.

33teeth
07-13-2010, 04:16 PM

:cheers:

Glide2keva
07-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Who wants to buy some DVD's?

triangleoffense
07-13-2010, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Se

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Some of ya'll dudes need stop with the nonsese about Miami's interior defense.

Miami under Pat Riley and is disciples(Spoelstra and company) will ALWAYS be a compentant interior/paint defense team.

Miami LAST YEAR with a washed up Jermaine O'Neal, Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem?

They were TOP 5 in all major categories defensively.

2nd in opponent points game.

2nd in defensive field goal percentage

5th in 3point field goal percetange

4th in blocks.

And those results were not with 'great' defensive players. I mean for christ sakes Miami started Carlos Arroyo, Michael Beasley, and Q-Rich last year.

Its Just a great defensive system. And now we have Wade and LeBron(two all NBA defenders) anchoring the defense together.

MMKM
07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
their frontcourt is still lacking toughness. If I were Riley right now I would be seriously looking at Brandon Bass (drafted by mavs) and Haywood (more expensive Bass). Z/Howard/Haslem is just not going to cut it.. and Bosh has even been criticized for being "soft", even though I think that is a bunch of baloney.

Don't sleep on Dexter Pittman. He could come out and be another Kendrick Perkins.

triangleoffense
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Don't sleep on Dexter Pittman. He could come out and be another Kendrick Perkins.

The heat have Pittman? His work ethic is second to none in my opinion but hasn't he had weight problems in the past/present? Pittman is definitely a wild card at this point.. depends if he shows up in shape.

ElPigto
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Some of ya'll dudes need stop with the nonsese about Miami's interior defense.

Miami under Pat Riley and is disciples(Spoelstra and company) will ALWAYS be a compentant interior/paint defense team.

Miami LAST YEAR with a washed up Jermaine O'Neal, Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem?

They were TOP 5 in all major categories defensively.

2nd in opponent points game.

2nd in defensive field goal percentage

5th in 3point field goal percetange

4th in blocks.

And those results were not with 'great' defensive players. I mean for christ sakes Miami started Carlos Arroyo, Michael Beasley, and Q-Rich last year.

Its Just a great defensive system. And now we have Wade and LeBron(two all NBA defenders) anchoring the defense together.

Man you really need to recognize that even with a washed up Jermaine Oneal, he still gave the Heat really good defense. He is still a shot-blocker and he can still clog up the lane. Haslem, also is an awesome defender and helped out with the interior defense. I don't know much about Joel Anthony, so I won't comment there. My point is that with Jermaine alone, your defense improves a lot. If you put Haslem in the middle instead with just Bosh, your defensive rating will go down. It's a lot easier to attack the paint when you don't have size down there.

The perimeter defense will be decent, but even with great defenders, it is tough to stop players from going to the rack due to handchecking rules. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand either. Unless they get a decent center, like Dampier, that can play with Bosh, your interior defense is going to suffer. Quote me on that. I'll gladly eat my words come next year if I was wrong.

LBJMVP
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
i respect this decision. he did look done last season so im not sure if its gonna help alot

and atleast he gave us 14 seasons. he was a loyal teammate and he told cleveland he was going to leave. today he also adressed cleveland with alot of heart felt words. the organization also told him that if he choose to leave they would respect his decision and he will always be welcome home... which is another plus considering he actually respected our managment enough to talk to him.

toneloc103
07-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Wait... what?

1998 CLE 5 games played
1999 CLE 0 games played
2000 CLE 24 games played
2001 CLE 62 games played

So who gave what to whom? Cavs stayed with Z throughout all of these injury -plauged years. No sour grapes here, but come on

AirJordan23
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM
Man you really need to recognize that even with a washed up Jermaine Oneal, he still gave the Heat really good defense. He is still a shot-blocker and he can still clog up the lane. Haslem, also is an awesome defender and helped out with the interior defense. I don't know much about Joel Anthony, so I won't comment there. My point is that with Jermaine alone, your defense improves a lot. If you put Haslem in the middle instead with just Bosh, your defensive rating will go down. It's a lot easier to attack the paint when you don't have size down there.

The perimeter defense will be decent, but even with great defenders, it is tough to stop players from going to the rack due to handchecking rules. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand either. Unless they get a decent center, like Dampier, that can play with Bosh, your interior defense is going to suffer. Quote me on that. I'll gladly eat my words come next year if I was wrong.
Joel Anthony at this stage is a better shot blocker than JO. However, Joel is offensively handicapped. No hands, can't finish or create his own shot. Defense is pretty good, though. Alters and contest shots. Sometime, he's too aggresive and overplays but he gets more lift than JO did the last season. Post-defense is solid but it won't be much of a problem since there's a lack of exceptional post players in the league. Rebounding is about the same level as JO. JO could take charges, though.

Honestly, you guys are underrating Miami's defense. Pat Riley is a great defensive coach and coached some of the top defenses of the 90s (Knicks, Heat). Granted, he had better defensive personnel back then but point being he knows what it takes to coach a good defense. Wade and LeBron are two of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the league. And they'll be able to exert more pressure on defense since they won't have a huge offensive load to carry. Bosh is also going to look like a better defender in this system. It won't be as big of a problem as it's made out to be.

BallerSkillz
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
no player deserves a ring. not even lebron. you earn a ring.

ring chasers = gay

This!!

Somehow I envision the biggest fail in NBA history. All this manuevering and celebratin'...Lebron's tap-dancin' azz ("Twoo, Three...Sixxx, Seven, Eight Championships!! Yeahhh!") and D-Wade beyotch snickering...just like he did when he got Shaq. What a fake-azz. Don't you see a pattern here???

They'll be shuckin' and jivin'...puttin' on a full blown concert, pre-game. Then, as usual, next May they'll be strippin' off those headbands, stumblin' and slinking off the court, sad faces and no smiles, before the game's over.

Can't wait...enjoy your celebration now Miami...party hard! Lookin' good..........today!!! :roll:

:applause: :no:

jbryan1984
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I am happy for him as its been a long road, he def deserves to have his number retired with us. Unfortunatley, I just know all the LeBron/Cavs band wagoners are going to boo the hell out of him. I'm all for booing LBJ but leave Z alone, he just wants a ring. Also, no doubt LeBron is responsible for this.

Lakers13
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

God I cant wait for the season to start

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM

Miami was tops in all those major cateroigies in the 2008 season before even trading for Jermaine O'neal.

And that was when Miami started 6'9 Joel Anthony(along with Shawn Marion, and and Udonis Haslem).

C'mon now.

Miami is ALWAYS going to be a good defensive team.

Again. Remember who runs this organization. Pat Riley.

Pat Riley.

Honestly, you guys are underrating Miami's defense. Pat Riley is a great defensive coach and coached some of the top defenses of the 90s (Knicks, Heat). Granted, he had better defensive personnel back then but point being he knows what it takes to coach a good defense. Wade and LeBron are two of the top 10 perimeter defenders in the league. And they'll be able to exert more pressure on defense since they won't have a huge offensive load to carry. Bosh is also going to look like a better defender in this system. It won't be as big of a problem as it's made out to be.

:applause: :applause:

Dudes are just grasping for straws at this point. This team is HATED by eveyone outside of South Florida. :oldlol:

Poodle
07-13-2010, 05:07 PM
all they needed was at least one PT freak for matchups when they are getting abused by height. Z works fine, and he's got a nice touch. all they need now is a PG, probably a good shooter and defender. doesn't need to be able to run the point that well imo. jason williams wouldn't be that bad if he's still around.

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I can't blame Z for this move. He is a free agent and he has spent 14 years here. He is a class guy and I will always welcome him back to Cleveland.

It is just too bad that I'm going to have to root against him, now. I do wish that he would have signed somewhere... anywhere else. But, it is what it is. Can't fault the guy for wanting to compete for a title.

I've heard James is in full-on recruit mode. This only confirms it. Must be nice.

ElPigto
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Dudes are just grasping for straws at this point. This team is HATED by eveyone outside of South Florida. :oldlol:

Not everyone hates them. I really don't hate them at all. The only part I have hated about all of this is the way Lebron handled himself, other than that I really don't care that they got together to dominate the league.

triangleoffense
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
I think Riley's job is just to find the nicest guys around the league so it would be impossible to root against them.

Genus against Riley, bravissimo.

AirGauge23
07-13-2010, 05:18 PM

The 80's Lakers weren't too shabby either.

AMISTILLILL
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I want Raja Bell on this team. ASAP.

Funnyfuka
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
how did this slow, lanky ugly looking loser land an offer from miami?

thejusman1
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
If I were Dan Gilbert, I'd rather sign a dead corpse than allow Big Z back onto the squad after this.

kobesabi
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
LeDiva is a cancer to the Cavs, he metastasize to other part of the team. Bad queen destroying the Cavs.

kobesabi
07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Cavaliers = gallant. This is not very gallant like.

oh the horror
07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Given their lack of bigs in general, Z is PROBABLY going to have to play minutes, and a good amount of them...

The issue is see with this is....they should have gone after a big that can run, with quicker feet. Bringing together a random assortment of players isnt just going to be the sudden answer....

But then again he wont be horrible off the bench either.

Im sure they're still looking for an actual starter.

FCN
07-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Lol @ all the non-clevelanders on here bashing Z, or expecting us to hate on him.

You will be hard pressed to find very many Cavs fans/Clevelanders who will hold this against Z.

1-he is beloved

2-he put his time in, and took less money than he was offered elsewhere (when he was still a borderline all-star and a top center in the league)

3-showed his loyalty by returning after the Jamison trade, when he had other options.

4-he didn't embarrass us on national TV like LeBenedict.

I for one hope he does well, and while I would have a hard time rooting for the HEAT, I will always cheer for Z no matter what team he's on.

indiefan24
07-13-2010, 06:27 PM
good move, no reason to stay in that city now that lebron is gone

NBASTATMAN
07-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Z's size alone caused L.A plenty of problems last season. Z won't have to play many minutes to be a factor his size alone will help Miami clog the paint.

at this point Z is just a body.. He cannot defend the pick and roll to save his life... But he may not have too since Bosh can.. It is better than nothing but the Lakers are still the better team and may still be until the Heat can get true solid players at PG AND C... Lakers have truly upgraded their roster with Blake and if they get Bell than they have done a great job...

Maga_1
07-13-2010, 06:40 PM
good move, no reason to stay in that city now that lebron is gone

Indeed.

RedBlackAttack
07-13-2010, 07:00 PM
You know what is going to be interesting? When the Heat visit Cleveland this year and the range of reception that LeBron and Z will get.

I can almost guarantee that Z will get a standing ovation. If he is coming off of the bench, the crowd will go nuts for him when he goes to the scorer's table. You can bet on it.

That will be in stark contrast to the way in which James will be treated. He could take some lessons on how to be loyal and humble from Z.

SRZ66
07-13-2010, 07:16 PM
why is everyone talking about they still cant guard pau and bynum? what has bynum ever done in the playoffs? nothing. hes tall, thats it. big z is taller and just as worthless, so imo he wins

Nastradamus
07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Cleveland needs to move on from older players anyways. You had to figure he'd go there. He's the only decent 7 footer on the market, he has the experience in the postseason and a history with Lebron. Easy call.

C - Haslem - Anthony/Ilgauskas Pittman(probably D league)
PF - Bosh - - J.Howard - Varnado(probably D league)
SF - Lebron - James Jones or Udoka
SG - Wade - Mike Miller - Stackhouse or Mcgrady
PG - Chalmers - Jason Williams/Arroyo/Dooling(1 or 2 of 3)- Mikhail Torrance(if only one of the other 3 signs. He's playing or Mia summer league)

That squad can easily win a title.

BMOGEFan
07-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Christ...

Just hand Lebron his trophy and skip this season.

Anaximandro1
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Looks like it's going to be a solid roster.Pat Riley is a genius.

The Iron Fist
07-13-2010, 09:48 PM
All of a sudden, Z is the savior big man.

Just a few weeks ago, he was one of the many who weren't good enough to put around Lebron.

The flip flopping continues.

rzp
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Is Sabonis still avaliable?

SinJackal
07-13-2010, 10:03 PM

Isn't he like 50?

Solid Snake
07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
I don't consider this a heel turn at all. Sure, he just joined the most hated faction in recent NBA history, but he's so over with the crowd that he'll forever be face, like Taker.

No_Look604
07-13-2010, 10:17 PM

The Sacramento Kings of the early 2000's deserve rings, not big Z.

AirJordan23
07-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah, Zo and GP are also coming out of retirement.

Positive
07-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Lol @ all the non-clevelanders on here bashing Z, or expecting us to hate on him.

You will be hard pressed to find very many Cavs fans/Clevelanders who will hold this against Z.

1-he is beloved

2-he put his time in, and took less money than he was offered elsewhere (when he was still a borderline all-star and a top center in the league)

3-showed his loyalty by returning after the Jamison trade, when he had other options.

4-he didn't embarrass us on national TV like LeBenedict.

I for one hope he does well, and while I would have a hard time rooting for the HEAT, I will always cheer for Z no matter what team he's on.

This, anyone saying that he will be hated by the fans doesn't know what they're talking about. Z is a class act in every sense of the word, I don't think I've ever heard a bad story about him. Having him leave to get a chance at a title is completely respectable after all he's put into that franchise. I'd love to see him go out on top.

The reason why LeBron will be hated is because of the way he did it. I keep hearing stories about how he went about this free agency and it's really making it hard to continue to like the guy. The fact he never returned any of Gilbert's calls/texts and didn't even let him know what he was doing before "The Decision" (he actually made him watch it too) is just ludicrous.

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
07-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Illgaskus can barely run. He just isn't that good.

FCN
07-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Illgaskus can barely run. He just isn't that good.

Illgauskas > Lakers' front line. His length causes problems for Pau, and Bynum sucks.

Meticode
07-13-2010, 11:27 PM
I can't blame Z for this move. He is a free agent and he has spent 14 years here. He is a class guy and I will always welcome him back to Cleveland.

It is just too bad that I'm going to have to root against him, now. I do wish that he would have signed somewhere... anywhere else. But, it is what it is. Can't fault the guy for wanting to compete for a title.

I've heard James is in full-on recruit mode. This only confirms it. Must be nice.
In-my-opinion, retire Big Z's number in Cleveland in front of James when Miami plays at Cleveland in the first game this season. And watch the standing ovation that man gets.

Gilbert, make it happen!

oh the horror
07-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Illgauskas > Lakers' front line. His length causes problems for Pau, and Bynum sucks.

Im sure you didnt even feel confident typing that out with a straight face. :oldlol:

Torious
07-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Heh, nWo? More like 'Fellowship of the ringchasers'

hawkfan
07-14-2010, 12:03 AM
hawkfan called this one!!!!

hawkfan = where amazing happens.

Great fit for the Heat, and LBJ gets to be mean to the Cavs.

DixieNourmous
07-14-2010, 12:10 AM
He didnt sign with the Lakers did he?

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/03/01-07/tom-cruise-400a052307.jpg

Kingwillball
07-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Have watched Plenty of Cavs Basketball in Recent years and Big Z is on his last legs..He can still hit the Pick and Pop but he barely scores within 5 feet of basket at 7"3. As many have stated is a Liability in D so I hoping they are assuming he is a backup Center and not a Starter or that will be a problem.

crisoner
07-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Big Z deserves a what? LOL

Who is he now Ewing? GTFO!

jbot
07-14-2010, 01:54 AM
if i was as mad as the cavs owner, i wouldnt give big z no job. maybe he can go goon for lebron when his career is over.
exactly. wants to be a part of the Cavs' organization when he retires and after he jumped ship to bandwagon for a ring. :oldlol:

artex
07-14-2010, 01:56 AM

really now?

RedBlackAttack
07-14-2010, 02:02 AM
In-my-opinion, retire Big Z's number in Cleveland in front of James when Miami plays at Cleveland in the first game this season. And watch the standing ovation that man gets.

Gilbert, make it happen!
Yeah.... I've heard others over at RCF saying that same idea. That would be great.... I'm all for it.

strifed169
07-14-2010, 03:10 AM
woohoo

big z is destined to win a chip with lbj

Kingsfans818
07-14-2010, 04:11 AM
Sucks to be a Cavs fan.

I don't think Miami is done with bigs. I can definitely see them sending rookies down to the Dleague.

Dampier is going to get cut, he could come play.
Kwame Brown is still out there.
Joel Anthony will likely return.

Jerry Stackhouse has said he'll play for the min, wouldn't be surprised if he was Wade's backup.

Jason Williams, Rafer Alston(leave everything from last season aside), Carlos Arroyo...

Id also like to see Oberto signed...

Micku
07-14-2010, 05:32 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/889314/heat-o.gif

reppy
07-14-2010, 05:54 AM
This sucks. I'd love to see Z get a ring, but there's no way I'm cheering for this Miami team. Oh well.

crisoner
07-14-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/889314/heat-o.gif

They need to win ONE first before saying this sh*t.

I think Wade is understanding that now...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5378876

He is the smart one after all.

Cangri
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM

Finally someone from the new big 3 making sense.

oh the horror
07-14-2010, 02:09 PM

His people probably told him to tone it down a notch.

CLE[216]
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM

LOL, the pressure is already too much to handle for the Three Queens.

Sakkreth
07-16-2010, 05:20 AM

Saw him few times in last year, he looked aviable to vodka only. Yeah i am from lithuania and I finished bball school named after Sabonis.

sefton
07-22-2010, 10:49 AM
big Z will win a championship before he retires!