Tez62
07-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Blake/Fish > Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
Artest < Bron
Pau/Odom > Bosh/Haslem
Bynum > Z/Whoever else they sign

That's 4 of the 5 positions.

Wade and Kobe could be considered a wash but that would still be 3 advantages, 1 disadvantage, and 1 wash. Artest is a good defensive match-up for LeBron as well.

ReturnofJPR
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
So are the Bulls.

So are the Blazers.

So are the Celtics.

So are the Grizzlies.

There are a ton of teams better than the Miami Hate down low.

MMKM
07-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Steve Blake BLOWS btw, you'll figure that out soon if you're a Laker fan. Where do Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem fit in on that equation?

bagelred
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
You guys are being delusional.

SinJackal
07-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Honestly. . .that's a good point, rofl.

Wade's a little better than Kobe due to being far younger though. He's got a lot more explosiveness to his game than Kobe at this point. Still, he's not that much better.

Lakers' bench is gonna kill the Heat too.

Carbine
07-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Artest is not a good match up for LeBron, actually - not at this point in his career. Artest lacks side to side movement at his age, and LeBron is one of the best at getting by his defender.

I don't think Kobe can handle Wade, either.

The key to that series, and what would determine it in my opinion, how how well the Heat finish around the hoop and how many fouls Pau/Bynum commit on drives.

True story.

Also the Lakers trio of Kobe, Pau and a healthy Bynum will be better than Wade, LeBron and Bosh.

King Lebron LBJ
Steve Blake BLOWS btw, you'll figure that out soon if you're a Laker fan. Where do Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem fit in on that equation?

No way, Blake is perfect for L.A's system. He will be huge knocking down open threes.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM

Wade's a little better than Kobe due to being far younger though. He's got a lot more explosiveness to his game than Kobe at this point. Still, he's not that much better.

LA has the worst bench out of any of the contending teams from last year. It's EASILY their weakest point.

HylianNightmare
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
bynum is better if he is healthy..

big IF

BFRESH44
Kobe would be the third best player on the Heat. :lol

Micku
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/883922/dlc-o.gif

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-13-2010, 04:52 PM

far younger? aint wade like 2 years younger than kobe?

Artest is not a good match up for LeBron, actually - not at this point in his career. Artest lacks side to side movement at his age, and LeBron is one of the best at getting by his defender.

I don't think Kobe can handle Wade, either.

The key to that series, and what would determine it in my opinion, how how well the Heat finish around the hoop and how many fouls Pau/Bynum commit on drives.

Oh, he can. I just don't wan't Kobe wasting his legs on guarding players of Wade's caliber at his age. That's why I want Bell and Blake to defend Wade. Really hope we get Bell.

Your point against Artest isn't really true either. The key to defending LeBron is team defense, having good shotblockers, something that the Lakers do have. LeBron always struggles against shotblocking teams that play good team defense. He always struggled against the Lakers, anyway. Artest is still Artest and he helps too, obviously.

Kobe should rest on defense by guarding that Chalmers dude or whoever, just not Wade on LeBron. I want other guys to do that. At this point of Kobe's career, it's crucial that he doesn't spend his energy on that.

BlackWhiteGreen

big IF

Yeah. Frankly as the Lakers I would plan for him not being healthy and get another decent big man - worst case scenario you have someone to come off the bench when Odom declines.

john_d
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
you saying mike miller should play PG for the lakers?

GOBB
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
Why does this elementary styled thread get so much attention?

BlackWhiteGreen

You've got to consider Kobe came out of high school though. And Wade missed a fair amount of time due to injury. I imagine his minutes logged is far lower than Kobe's

MMKM
Yeah, the Lakers are better at 4 of 5 positions.

That's why oddsmakers have the Heat currently sitting at 2/1 to win the title next year while the Lakers are sitting at 4/1. And the over under for the HEAT's regular season is currently at 65 games. Someone needs to tell them that these guys haven't played together before! I guess bet against the Heat, because for some reason the people who do this for a living and have it down to a virtual science are getting it all wrong. Maybe the OP should send this thread over to them for review.

SinJackal
LA has the worst bench out of any of the contending teams from last year. It's EASILY their weakest point.

Odom > any player Heat will have coming off the bench. Vujacic (however it's spelled) was decent too.

The Lakers didn't have a full team on their bench or anything, no. . .because their starters are so good. How many minutes do you expect to be played off the bench when you have Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Bynum, and Fisher are your starting 5 with Odom coming off the bench? Seriously?

When you have 3 quality bigs, and 4/5 starters being excellent players, you don't need a super deep bench that can almost win a game by themselves.

07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Kobe would be the third best player on the Heat. :lol

Oh boy, here we go again. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kobe has a challenge once again, good thing I say!
His finger will heal, he"ll get a knee surgery this summer, he"ll be healthy next year.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Why does this elementary styled thread get so much attention?

Because its the HEAT

LeBron ruined his legacy
Bosh is too soft
LeBron took the easily way out
UMAD

etc

Peteballa
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Jesus christ, so many insecure laker fans.

This is like the fifth thread I've seen that's a Laker fan trying to justify the Lakers being better than the Heat.

I'm not saying that the Heat are better, but seriously. Why are some of these people so insecure.

Just let the season play itself out.

BlackWhiteGreen
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Odom > any player Heat will have coming off the bench. Vujacic (however it's spelled) was decent too.

The Lakers didn't have a full team on their bench or anything, no. . .because their starters are so good. How many minutes do you expect to be played off the bench when you have Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Bynum, and Fisher are your starting 5 with Odom coming off the bench? Seriously?

When you have 3 quality bigs, and 4/5 starters being excellent players, you don't need a super deep bench that can almost win a game by themselves.

Because you need bench depth to account for injuries, and if players play 40 a night it takes it's toll. In game 7 Boston didn't utilise their bench enough in the game and they lost because they tired in the 4th. If one of LA's big men go down, who picks up Odom's role?

BlackWhiteGreen
07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Jesus christ, so many insecure laker fans.

This is like the fifth thread I've seen that's a Laker fan trying to justify the Lakers being better than the Heat.

I'm not saying that the Heat are better, but seriously. Why are some of these people so insecure.

Just let the season play itself out.

You've got to admit... it's funny.

Mainly Laker fans doing it as well, most of the Boston/Orlando fans have accepted it. Mainly because I still believe we can beat them in their current form :oldlol: but theyre jumping the gun even before the heat have a roster of players. :confusedshrug:

Peteballa
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
You've got to admit... it's funny.

Mainly Laker fans doing it as well, most of the Boston/Orlando fans have accepted it. Mainly because I still believe we can beat them in their current form :oldlol: but theyre jumping the gun even before the heat have a roster of players. :confusedshrug:

Yeah, I don't get it. Especially since half of them are bandwagoners and are going to be Heat fans in a couple years.

It's annoying as hell.

Tez62
07-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, the Lakers are better at 4 of 5 positions.

That's why oddsmakers have the Heat currently sitting at 2/1 to win the title next year while the Lakers are sitting at 4/1. And the over under for the HEAT's regular season is currently at 65 games. Someone needs to tell them that these guys haven't played together before! I guess bet against the Heat, because for some reason the people who do this for a living and have it down to a virtual science are getting it all wrong. Maybe the OP should send this thread over to them for review.

You obviously are unfamiliar with betting odds.

Oddsmakers don't set lines or odds based on what they predict will happen or what has the best chance of happening... they set odds based on what they think the public will bet on and what the public actually does bet on. Obviously the public and squares are going to be all over Miami.

nevetslc88
07-13-2010, 05:08 PM
John Ireland just said on 710 ESPN radio show that Kobe is recruiting Kurt Thomas to join the team.

Tez62
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not a Lakers fan

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 05:09 PM
John Ireland just said on 710 ESPN radio show that Kobe is recruiting Kurt Thomas to join the team.

Bell and Thomas would be good additions.

madmax
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
uh...no
Chalmers = Blake
Wade > Kobe
Lebron > >> Artest
Bosh = Gasol
Big Z < Bynum

So it's gonna be only 1 position , where Lakers have individual match-up advantage. And Lebron's all-arround game still puts Heat over the top against any team.

King Lebron LBJ
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
uh...no
Chalmers = Blake
Wade > Kobe
Lebron > >> Artest
Bosh = Gasol
Big Z < Bynum

So it's gonna be only 1 position , where Lakers have individual match-up advantage. And Lebron's all-arround game still puts Heat over the top against any team.

I'm sorry but Blake is better than Chalmers, Gasol is better than Bosh and you should still say Kobe is better than Wade or tied.

Connoisseur
07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Blake/Fish > Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
Artest < Bron
Pau/Odom > Bosh/Haslem

Wade and Kobe could be considered a wash but that would still be 3 advantages, 1 disadvantage, and 1 wash. Artest is a good defensive match-up for LeBron as well.

Actually, Chalmers > Fish/Blake

noob cake
07-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Blake/Fish ~= Chalmers/Vet
Kobe = Wade
Artest <<<<< Bron
Pau/Odom ~= Bosh/Haslem

I give >>>> worth of advantage to the heat. Kobe is equal to Wade at best. Bosh is better than Pau, but Odom > Haslem. Bron will eat old Artest for dinner and breakfast the day after.

Tez62
07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
uh...no
Chalmers = Blake
Wade > Kobe
Lebron > >> Artest
Bosh = Gasol
Big Z < Bynum

Chalmers is better than Fish and Blake??? :oldlol:

What about Odom? I will take Gasol's overall game over Bosh regardless.

So that's 3 at worst

AirGauge23
07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/883922/dlc-o.gif

I'm gonna make that into a shirt.

ashbelly
07-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Only position the lakers have an advantage over the heat is Center.

Chalmers = Fisher
Wade > Kobe
Lebron >>>> Artest
Bosh = gasol
Big Z < Bynum

Benches
Mike Miller Steve blake
Udonis Haslem Lamar Odom.

Calabis
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Oh, he can. I just don't wan't Kobe wasting his legs on guarding players of Wade's caliber at his age. That's why I want Bell and Blake to defend Wade. Really hope we get Bell.

Your point against Artest isn't really true either. The key to defending LeBron is team defense, having good shotblockers, something that the Lakers do have. LeBron always struggles against shotblocking teams that play good team defense. He always struggled against the Lakers, anyway. Artest is still Artest and he helps too, obviously.

Kobe should rest on defense by guarding that Chalmers dude or whoever, just not Wade on LeBron. I want other guys to do that. At this point of Kobe's career, it's crucial that he doesn't spend his energy on that.

Wow...I would hate to see what a guy does to the Lakers on a good day

Lebron 2010 vs Lakers: 31.5pts, 9ast, 4.5 Rebs, 49.5 FG%

samballs
07-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Blake/Fish > Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
Artest < Bron
Pau/Odom > Bosh/Haslem

You are right... Kobe's legacy will be hurt by this and Lebrons will only grow when he takes down the mighty Lakers.

broke3113
07-13-2010, 05:48 PM
3 straight finals appearences Chemisty>>>>>>>>Team Diva Chemisty

50/50 Team diva explodes cause if they dont take the finals in one of the first two years its over

jasonresno
07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
You are right... Kobe's legacy will be hurt by this and Lebrons will only grow when he takes down the mighty Lakers.
How will LeBrons legacy grow when he had to use two crutches to POSSIBLY beat the Lakers?

Yung D-Will
07-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Blake>Chalmbers
Kobe=Wade
Artest<Lebron
Gasol>Bosh
Bynum> Anyone the heat have

Tez62
07-13-2010, 06:03 PM

You have it backwards. Legacy is based on perception

Indian guy
07-13-2010, 06:05 PM
I see. So Kobe beating them indeed won't be the super accomplishment it's been promoted as lately?

Tez62
07-13-2010, 06:09 PM
I see. So Kobe beating them indeed won't be the super accomplishment it's been promoted as lately?

In reality, no. In perception, yes. Legacy is based on perception.

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Miami is going to sh*t on the Lakers, and the entire league for atleast the next 5 years. It's going to be a MASSACRE.

Kobe "jumpshooter" Bryant doesn't stand a CHANCE. :eek:

branslowski
07-13-2010, 06:17 PM

It will still be the same....You have Kobe as the main superstar of the Lakers with a talented Gasol who can put up 18-8 on a reg...But still, Kobe is a top 10 All-Time player, is widely known as either the Best, or top 3 player in the game...Get major spotlight....If he beats the Best Player in LeBron, and prob the second best player, along with an All-Star big man in Bosh who is possibly better or on par with his guy Gasol, then man, that would boost his legacy up the charts.

I dont get how ppl (iv'e noticed mostly Bryant haters over the years tend to purposley overrate his teamates so it seems like he isn't important, which is a Fail job see as though Bird, Magic, Shaq, Jordan, exc had talented mates) assume because he has talented teamate, that somehow makes him less great.

I say

Fisher>>Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Artest<<LeBron
Gasol=Bosh
Bynum>>Big Z

2>>1....Lakers win.

What I see in this thread...

Im a Lakers fan..I know my team is good....LAKER haters underrating Lakers players...Kobe homers underrating every Laker player next to Kobe....Kobe haters overrating the f*ck out of every Laker next to Kobe to fit a low iq agenda which equates to a failed logic...

Any, I hope these teams meet in the finals...

D-Rose
07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
Miami is going to sh*t on the Lakers, and the entire league for atleast the next 5 years. It's going to be a MASSACRE.

Kobe "jumpshooter" Bryant doesn't stand a CHANCE. :eek:
:oldlol: @ the arrogance considering this team has never stepped on the court yet. Let's see how long it takes for egos to clash. Team chemistry is very underrated. 2x defending champions with the GOAT coach and improving depth are still the favs.

jjayfive
07-13-2010, 06:24 PM
games are not won by player A>>>>>player B
it's a team game..

BFRESH44
07-13-2010, 06:24 PM
:oldlol: @ the arrogance considering this team has never stepped on the court yet. Let's see how long it takes for egos to clash. Team chemistry is very underrated. 2x defending champions with the GOAT coach and improving depth are still the favs.

Miami has the LEGEND Pat Riley overseeing everything. :eek:

'Ego clashing' will be a non issue!

eddiem4s
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
You mean Pat Riley the coach that the Lakers made into a legend. The same coach who has 4 Laker championship rings and 1 Miami (It actually belongs to Van Gundy). The same coach who is now obsessed with LA. The real coaching legend is in a LA. You little Miami Guppies are trying to chase the big fishes AKA (Boston and Lakers). You need simply get by the Magic first. Come get the title Heat. We will be waiting for you. I am sure Boston will have a word to say about that. That is the only team real Laker fans respect and fear. Period.

Bigsmoke
07-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Blake/Fish > Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
Artest < Bron
Pau/Odom > Bosh/Haslem

i didnt know that the NBA works like that. if so then the Cavs should have beaten the Celtics last year without a sweet.

Bigsmoke
07-13-2010, 07:28 PM
It will still be the same....You have Kobe as the main superstar of the Lakers with a talented Gasol who can put up 18-8 on a reg...But still, Kobe is a top 10 All-Time player, is widely known as either the Best, or top 3 player in the game...Get major spotlight....If he beats the Best Player in LeBron, and prob the second best player, along with an All-Star big man in Bosh who is possibly better or on par with his guy Gasol, then man, that would boost his legacy up the charts.

I dont get how ppl (iv'e noticed mostly Bryant haters over the years tend to purposley overrate his teamates so it seems like he isn't important, which is a Fail job see as though Bird, Magic, Shaq, Jordan, exc had talented mates) assume because he has talented teamate, that somehow makes him less great.

I say

Fisher>>Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Artest<<LeBron
Gasol=Bosh
Bynum>>Big Z

2>>1....Lakers win.

Im a Lakers fan..I know my team is good....LAKER haters underrating Lakers players...Kobe homers underrating every Laker player next to Kobe....Kobe haters overrating the f*ck out of every Laker next to Kobe to fit a low iq agenda which equates to a failed logic...

Lebron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Artest

nba_55
07-13-2010, 07:37 PM
It s not the < or > with each position that will decide which team will win.
But I think that people are underrating the Lebron/Wade combo.
Last year, teams had hard time stopping one of them. Now, they are 2 on the same team. Plus, they have Bosh another all-star.

noob cake
07-13-2010, 07:39 PM

I say

Fisher>>Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Artest<<LeBron
Gasol=Bosh
Bynum>>Big Z

2>>1....Lakers win.

If the difference between Fisher and Chalmer is >>, then LeBron >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Artest

broy
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
i didnt know that the NBA works like that. if so then the Cavs should have beaten the Celtics last year without a sweet.

i don't wanna disappoint you but take a look at the comparison:

Rondo > Mo
Ray Allen > Antoine Walker
Pierce < James
Garnett > Jamison
Perk - Sheed > Shaq - Z

Jumpman10135
07-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Haha. Lakers suck dong.

Lets see 2004 finals.

Chauncey Billups < Gary Payton
Rip Hamilton < Kobe Bryant
Tayshaun Prince < Rick Fox
Rasheed Wallace < Karl Molone
Ben Wallace < Shaq

And we all know how that turned out.

Jasper
07-13-2010, 08:08 PM
My interpretation when ever the Lakers were brought up was that there was
Kobe and a bunch a role players ....

I guess it depends on how you want to make the lakers in each thread to say they are the champs right :applause:

----------------------
Would it not be easier to create one LAKER thread : "Champs are better than everyone "

until next season and put the other 100 threads all into this one :confusedshrug:

The Gr8 Debate
07-13-2010, 08:20 PM
lol most of you guys are real haters you know that kobe was injured last year bad knee two bad fingers on his f*cking shooting hand wade is not on kb level Kobe Bean Bryant deserves to be on a island by his self lebron and wade are kids to him he is who they watched and pretended to be along wit jordan magic etc Kobe>NBA get it through your head

The Gr8 Debate
07-13-2010, 08:24 PM
one more thing idiots have you not learned kobe does the opposite of what you haters expect i mean f*ck yall with the nonsense that shaq was better in the three peat as far as skill as a player come on shaq was by far the most dominant player and i think anyone would agree that but can shaq bring you back in the fourth no he was a weakness alot because of his ft but kobe couldnt win without him two championships later he cant beat a team assembled of people who aint won jack shit but 1 ring really lol

The Gr8 Debate
07-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Haha. Lakers suck dong.

Lets see 2004 finals.

Ben Wallace < Shaq

and we all know your retarded if you think rick fox was better than prince or gary at that point in his career was better than the final mvp billups you a duck

broke3113
07-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Haha. Lakers suck dong.

Lets see 2004 finals.

Ben Wallace < Shaq

Great point TEAM CHEMISTRY trumps all idividual matchups. Teams like lakers and boston who have actual chemisty are better than a heat team who havent played a game yet. its mind boggling that people are actually favoring heat over a Lakers team that made 3 straight finals and Back 2 Back champs.

Tez62
07-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Haha. Lakers suck dong.

Lets see 2004 finals.

Ben Wallace < Shaq

I would actually have it more like:

Billups > GP
Rip < Kobe
Tay > Fox
Sheed > Malone
Wallace < Shaq

Detroit wins 3-2

LakersLaLaLand
07-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Billups > GP
Rip < Kobe
Tay > Fox
Sheed > Malone
Wallace < Shaq

Detroit wins 3-2

Best players in the Finals.

Kobe
Shaq
Next 5 were all the pistons starters.
number 8 was gary payton.

Pistons worked the Lakers this series.

Pha Q
07-13-2010, 11:20 PM
*Healthy* Kobe > Wade

Papaya Petee
07-13-2010, 11:25 PM
*Healthy* Kobe > Wade

Nope, sorry but no.

AirJordan23
07-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Best players in the Finals.

Kobe
Shaq
Next 5 were all the pistons starters.
number 8 was gary payton.

Pistons worked the Lakers this series.

Kobe was better than Shaq in the finals?

F*ck outta here.

cotdt
07-13-2010, 11:29 PM

Wade is older than Kobe, and Kobe gets the better of Wade in their matchups.

Bigsmoke
07-13-2010, 11:30 PM
i don't wanna disappoint you but take a look at the comparison:

Rondo > Mo
Ray Allen > Antoine Walker
Pierce < James
Garnett > Jamison
Perk - Sheed > Shaq - Z

Rondo >> Mo
Allen and Allen > Parker and West
Lebron >>>>>Pierce
Jamison > KG "before the series"
Shaq and Z >>Perk and Sheed

Jamison vs KG goes both way but to me KG was only better than Jamison by goint head to head. I'm sure Jamison would put up better stats against the Magic than what KG put up but then again he wouldnt have shut down Rashard like that. But i still thought that Jamison was able to do more at this point.

Papaya Petee
07-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Wade is older than Kobe, and Kobe gets the better of Wade in their matchups.

Kobe 29\5\5\1\1

Wade 27\7\5\2.5\1

How is he getting the better of him?

Bigsmoke
07-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Kobe 29\5\5\1\1

Wade 27\7\5\2.5\1

Lakers fans are all the same

Kobe great this, Lebron overrated that

Gasol awesome this, and Wade sucks that

cotdt
07-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Haha. Lakers suck dong.

Lets see 2004 finals.

Ben Wallace < Shaq

are u the real brandon jennings

cotdt
07-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Kobe 29\5\5\1\1

Wade 27\7\5\2.5\1

Wade shot under 40% while Kobe was guarding him. Kobe just shoots over Wade so it ain't no big deal.

Bigsmoke
07-13-2010, 11:39 PM

Billups > GP
Rip < Kobe
Tay > Fox
Sheed > Malone
Wallace < Shaq

Detroit wins 3-2
same goes for the 02 Nets and 01 Sixers.

Hell, the 01 Sixers had a better position athan the Lakers in all 5 besides Shaq and you're compare him to the DPOY and the Lakers are still able to win in 5.

thats why i laugh when people say Iverson's 01 Sixers had no skills other than Iverson.

Drinker
07-13-2010, 11:54 PM
Great point TEAM CHEMISTRY trumps all idividual matchups. Teams like lakers and boston who have actual chemisty are better than a heat team who havent played a game yet. its mind boggling that people are actually favoring heat over a Lakers team that made 3 straight finals and Back 2 Back champs.

QFT.

Maybe sameday I'd wake up, I'd read this forums which unfortunately I do not need right atm to spend much time on them as the topics titles is enough guide to not enter on them (which, not being sarcastic I have to thank You)

And maybe some day you will realise this is a TEAM SPORT. (and who the hell I'm trying to convince.. if not just my old desilusional myself if every decade if worse? :( )

Excuse my poor english, always trying my best from far away...

dr. bob's bunch
07-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I can't be bothered with reading all of this thread, but I am bothered enough to post this... James > Fisher/Blake, Wade > Kobe, Miller > Artest, Bosh = Gasol, Big Z/Haslem < Bynum. You can't just look at traditional match ups with Miami IMO, b/c after all, who expects Chalmers to be on the floor in crunch time? Between James, Wade and Miller, I'm pretty sure they can get the ball past half court and get into their sets in a reasonable amount of time. Oh, and I believe the difference between Wade & Kobe and Miller & Artest is small but worthy of an > in each instance. Then again maybe I'm just crazy... I am a Bobcats fan, after all.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
07-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't think LA have a clear advantage over Miami. I look at it this way, who or how many players are needed to matchup to so an so talent/stats.

PG Blake/Fish - This is not saying much at all, only reason Fish is still here is because of his experience with the organization/players/offence/teach the newcomers. People talk about him being clutch but people forget he has no D, can't finish around the basket. Another thing, his so called clutchness comes after getting beat by every PG in the league for 47 minutes. LA wouldn't need those late 3's if he could actually hold his own you know what I mean. Now we go to Blake, I don't know much about his game but guessing he is a decent pg with below avg D who can knock down open shots and able to create his own shots, good fit for the triangle offence.

SG Kobe - This is a squash if matchup up against Wade, he is younger, more athletic, quik thus able to break down the defence and get more assists. If anything Wade might have the upper hand in this matchup.

SF Artest - Not the same Ron people, he's only capable of containing Bron not stop him*noone can* and this is in a good day. HUGE ADVANTAGE FOR MIAMI

PF Pau/Odom - Pau is more skilled in the post, Bosh is a better outside shooter and playing alongside 2 SUPERSTAR is just going to get easier. Odom is too inconsistent but his length and rebounding will help but forget about his D and jumper. Gets majority of his points around the paint, loose balls, easy putbacks, open layups.

C Bynum - Clear advantage for LA here IF he can stay healthy. I say Bynum will be the xfactor for the Lakers when playing Miami.

So I think the PG/SG/SF is in favor of Miami but LA's PF/C positions have the advantage. If Kobe can rest up and play the same type of ball during the first half of 2010 we should be good to go.

Pha Q
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
How can you say that a healthy kobe is not better than wade? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you watch the Suns series?

ginobli2311
07-14-2010, 12:34 AM

lol

did you watch the celtic series? wade shredded them at a better level and the celtics actually play defense.

LOL...kobe stans are the best. using kobe's suns series as evidence.

Pha Q
07-14-2010, 12:40 AM
lol

did you watch the celtic series? wade shredded them at a better level and the celtics actually play defense.

LOL...kobe stans are the best. using kobe's suns series as evidence.

Your an idiot...I was using SUNS series because his knees were drained....and he felt a bit better....I'm saying this...a HEALTHY kobe...(finger fixed) is better than wade...

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
07-14-2010, 12:52 AM

Didn't say a HEALTHY KOBE cannot match Wade but I did say if Kobe can come back and play the way he did last year in the beginning of the season it would be great.
Your talking about HEALTHY Kobe, how about a Healthy Wade 2 years ago, this matchup is basically a squash, or in favor of Wade. Kobe needs to bring his post game and guys like Pau, Odumb, Artest and Blake needs to hit the open shot and Odumb/Artest aren't good/reliable shooters neither.
Who was gaurding Kobe in the Suns series? There you go

cotdt
07-14-2010, 01:01 AM
even an injured kobe plays better than wade. look at the lakers-miami games this season.

amfirst
07-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Kobe is definitely better than Wade hands down. Wade is only good thanks to using screens all day. But adjustments will eliminate that.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
07-14-2010, 01:59 AM
You guys think its a clear cut win by the Kobster. I know stats dont tell all but GO CHECK HIS STATS. Wade is better at breaking down the defence and his man to man de is better. Kobe is more of a roamer and only trys on de against guys like Bron, Melo, Wade. Last season 1/3 of the time I don't think Wade was even trying, 2 years ago now that was BEASTING.

The Gr8 Debate
07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Kobe,Magic,MJ.....Wade lol gtfoh wade is not even better than tmac in his orlando days i understand he is good but on kobe level yall are smoking something strong

Andrei89
07-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Wade> Kobe

his playoff performance shows

Silence now Laker trolls

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 09:52 AM
Kobe's equal to wade at this point.

Lebron is better then Artest

Gasol is better then Bosh

Bynum is better then Z

Blake is better then Chalmbers

Andrei89
07-14-2010, 09:53 AM
you do forget that there is also team play around here? And Wade and Lebron fiercly attacking the rim will kill the Lakers my god so badly they would even throw Jack nicholson out of the Arena

CP_Hornet
07-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Wade> Kobe

his playoff performance shows

Silence now Laker trolls

:roll: :roll:

Kingwillball
07-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Blake/Fish > Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
Artest < Bron
Pau/Odom > Bosh/Haslem

Bosh is as Good or Better than Gasol and Wade is as Good or better than Kobe..

Kingwillball
07-14-2010, 11:23 AM
even an injured kobe plays better than wade. look at the lakers-miami games this season.

U Laker fans make me laugh..Kobe better than Wade but Lebron is Going to Wade's team to play 2nd fiddle..See where I am going with this ??

chazzy
07-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Individual matchups don't necessarily translate to team success, so this is pretty pointless to debate.

G-Funk
07-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I don't get it. Especially since half of them are bandwagoners and are going to be Heat fans in a couple years.

It's annoying as hell.

You Lakers fans were banwagon fans? As if u forgot that a top 3 pplayer in the league couldn't feel up the arena, your about to 'witness' the wrath of a true front running fan base when you see the arena get filled.

Or did you foget that ppl only go see your sorry ass franchise play when they only win? atleast Lakers Arena gets filled even when they suck.

EricForman
07-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Blake/Fish > Chalmers
Kobe > Wade
Artest < Bron
Pau/Odom > Bosh/Haslem

exactly. kobe fans are complaining and crying that bron ran to a stacked team, when the fact is, kobe's cast is still better, as of now (but if the Heat add one or two more solid vets, i'd give the edge to Lebron).

bottom line, kobe's team is STACKED. its not like if the heat, as is, beat the lakers, it'd be unfair because bron has so much more help.

ginobli2311
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
exactly. kobe fans are complaining and crying that bron ran to a stacked team, when the fact is, kobe's cast is still better, as of now (but if the Heat add one or two more solid vets, i'd give the edge to Lebron).

bottom line, kobe's team is STACKED. its not like if the heat, as is, beat the lakers, it'd be unfair because bron has so much more help.

exactly.

i love we are just supposed to overlook the fact that kobe has had his own "superteam" the last 2 years. and that "superteam" has been coached by the greatest coach ever.

LOL at the kobe stans. its just so fun watching them revise history and pretend like the lakers aren't ****ing loaded.

Deltron3030
07-14-2010, 01:09 PM
KFC > Lumpia

You forget the most important position, coaching. Philip is by far > Eric

G-Funk
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
exactly.

i love we are just supposed to overlook the fact that kobe has had his own "superteam" the last 2 years. and that "superteam" has been coached by the greatest coach ever.

LOL at the kobe stans. its just so fun watching them revise history and pretend like the lakers aren't ****ing loaded.

WOW JORDAN SHOULD THANK SUPERMAN FOR MAKING HIM THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER

Papaya Petee
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Wade shot under 40% while Kobe was guarding him. Kobe just shoots over Wade so it ain't no big deal.

Wade is shooting 45.7% vs the Lakers while Kobe is shooting 45.5%, so no.

206kid
07-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Fisher > Chalmers
Kobe < Wade
Artest < Lebron
Gasol < Bosh
Bynum > Whoever

We go the 3 which is better than any 3 LA has

HiphopRelated
07-14-2010, 03:08 PM
lol, which games are you watching?

jjayfive
07-14-2010, 03:08 PM
lakers better because of size and bench... Lamar, blake, and hopefully bell would be a very good bench.. lakers rebounding is the difference..

D-Rose
07-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Fisher > Chalmers
Kobe < Wade
Artest < Lebron
Gasol < Bosh
Bynum > Whoever

Both matchups there are level and can be argued either way.

skaterbasist
07-14-2010, 03:14 PM
"The Lakers are the team to beat"- Dwayne Wade.

At least Wade has his head straight. (Source: See ESPN).

/Thread

Bet On Gold
07-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Fisher > Chalmers
Kobe < Wade
Artest < Lebron
Gasol < Bosh
Bynum > Whoever

Sigh, a PF who made the championship round the last three years; a player who indisputably is a better fit with LA then Bosh is in Miami; a player who is indisputably a more efficient scorer, better play maker and a better shot blocker/defender.

Bosh is so overrated these days, it's starting to nauseate me. He might arguably be a better scorer (maybe because for the past seven years he played in Toronto, a team who completely relied on him carrying them) and is perhaps a better rebound. It's ludicrous to consider him better then Pau, as it pertains to both team success and individual talent. Heck, there is no doubt in my mind that Pau is a much better fit as well for their respective teams.

There is only one PF in this league who I'd probably consider above Pau right now, which is probably Dirk.

King Lebron LBJ
07-14-2010, 03:15 PM
lakers better because of size and bench... Lamar, blake, and hopefully bell would be a very good bench.. lakers rebounding is the difference..

Mike Miller and Haslem are going to be very good bench players also.

dazzer87
07-14-2010, 03:18 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Bynum is the most overrated center out there even when hes healthy.......

dazzer87
07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
lakers fans are delusional. I bet some of them believe they are better then the 92 Dream Team

All Net
07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Bynum is the most overrated center out there even when hes healthy.......

Please, a healthy Bynum gives every team fits. He is a 20 and 10 potenial player. His length is a nightmare match-up even if he doesn't score. Him clogging the paint makes a big impact.

It's also laughable for those who think Bosh is better than Gasol. He isn't and never really has been.

Bet On Gold
07-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Comparing LA to Miami; I've already analyze these two teams and I'm not exactly sweating to be honest with you. Why?

Bynum/Pau/Lamar is the biggest advantage LA will have not only offensively and on the boards; but defensively as well. LA will play zone defense while clogging the lanes with the three headed monsters while having some of the better perimeter defenders in the league in Kobe & Artest; Blake isn't bad either. Then you have Fisher taking charges defensively, I'm sorry when LA tries to play defense they are as good as any team.

Miami will not even sniff their defensive prowess; they got weak interior defense with aging Big Z and the skeleton by the name of Chris Bosh; James and Wade are great help defenders. Further more, Miami's two best players mirror each others offensive game. They both need the ball in their hands to be effective; of course I believe either one of them can play effective off the ball but their value will totally be reduced. This team is just not as compatible as people think; I've seen team US get handled by much inferior opponents mainly because of inferior team synergy.

Besides the lack of defense and size; Miami's depth will not even be comparable to LA's. Fisher, Blake, Odom alone triumph anything Miami has to offer besides their starting five. Heck, LA's rookies are tearing it up in the summer league so who knows; maybe they'll be an asset for LA off the bench. Should we talk about the coaching staff? Nah, I don't want to disrespect Phil Jackson like that.

Miami will be a high lite reel team no doubt next season, I just don't think a single hardcore basketball who truly understands this game will believe that this is some super team who will blow every team out.

jjayfive
07-14-2010, 03:30 PM

agreed, i've always been a big fan of haslem's game. i wanted mike miller to the lakers when the rumor came out..

i thought Haslem will be a starter.. ohh forgot about bosh..

jjayfive
07-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Bynum averaged 15/8 as the 3-5 option.. not bad considering he's operating on a bum leg.. what the lakers also have outside of pau and kobe are players that are capable of putting up good numbers on their own team (bynum, odom, artest)

Tez62
07-14-2010, 04:45 PM
exactly.

This is the most star studded team in NBA history. Name me another team with this many stars in their prime...

PejaNowitzki
07-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Bosh>Gasol.

Younger, more athletic, better scorer, better rebounder, going to achieve beast mode down low being the third option. **** Gasol is overrated around here.

jjayfive
07-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Bosh>Gasol.

Younger, more athletic, better scorer, better rebounder, going to achieve beast mode down low being the third option. **** Gasol is overrated around here.

if gasol is overrated, then kobe is the GOAT...

Bet On Gold
07-14-2010, 06:49 PM

I'd take Lamar Odom over Mike Miller any day off the bench due to his size and versatility. Haslem is alright nothing special. LA could potentially have a bench consisting of Bell, Odom, Blake, K.Thomas, Sasha, Walton, Caracter & Ebanks. With a starting five consisting off Bynum, Gasol, Artest, Bryant & Fish. If Drew is healthy next year, I can totally see LA having three all-stars.

I am not even so sure that Wade, James, Bosh are better then Bynum, Gasol & Bryant from a chemistry perspective. The difference is; LA's trio could potentially have backups like Odom, Artest, Fisher, Blake & Bell while Miami's trio will have Miller & Haslem?

Ah that's just the surface like I mentioned before, LA's experience, defense, size, coaching personnel and synergy are all superior to Miami's.

All Miami has right now is talent, and over 40 million dollars for two players who both need the ball in their hands. Miami would be better if they acquired Paul, Howard or even Anthony instead of James.

AirJordan23
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Bosh>Gasol.

Truth.

Micku
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Bumping for a review.

The Lakers didn't make it to the Finals. Nobody really saw the Mavs coming or guessed that the Mavs would sweep the Lakers and reach the Finals.

The Heat are in the Finals. Crazy that they are. I didn't think they would make it pass the Celtics or the Bulls at first, but they are only four games away from becoming the NBA champions.

We'll see who comes out on top.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2011, 03:07 PM
It's simple, really. Despite Kobe unarguably being the best player on the Lakers, they've always won or lost big games because of the play of their bigs. Gasol forgot to show up for the playoffs, the Lakers' defense was atrocious, and they lost.

Heat007
05-31-2011, 03:08 PM
So are the Bulls.

So are the Blazers.

So are the Celtics.

So are the Grizzlies.

There are a ton of teams better than the Miami Hate

:facepalm

LA_Showtime
05-31-2011, 03:13 PM
I just re-read the thread title. I thought we were talking about the Lakers and Mavericks.

The OP is an idiot. The Heat have the two best players in the series, and Bosh has arguably outplayed ANYONE on the Lakers in the playoffs thus far. :lol

BrilliantLegacy
05-31-2011, 03:24 PM

And it's still true.