PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose will be the Best Point Guard

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Derrick Rose will be the Best Point Guard. BOOK IT.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/skillschallenge/images/skills5.jpg

QuebecBaller
07-14-2010, 09:20 PM
It's true... when Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and Steve Nash will retire

305Baller
07-14-2010, 09:21 PM
It's true... when Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo and Steve Nash will retire

THIS

Sarcastic
07-14-2010, 09:23 PM
What's up with you and the 2008 draft class?

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 09:54 PM
What's up with you and the 2008 draft class?

fav class.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 09:55 PM

yea rite. Call me when Rondo gets a jump shot n text me when Nash plays D

Dontstop
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/S5eH_9JVM3I/AAAAAAAALcY/tntW7OS1jqw/s400/Deron+Williams+Dunks+On+Derrick+Rose+2.jpg

Ill let you guess what happens next.

ginobli2311
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM

call me when derrick rose plays D. he is awful on that end of the court.

paintingshade
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/S5eH_9JVM3I/AAAAAAAALcY/tntW7OS1jqw/s400/Deron+Williams+Dunks+On+Derrick+Rose+2.jpg

Ill let you guess what happens next.
:oldlol:

Sarcastic
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
fav class.

2010 > 2008

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't think Derrick will ever be double-digit assist playmaker those guys are, but none of them have his ceiling as an unstoppable offensive player, either.
I think he's developing more into a Dwayne Wade-like scoring lead guard than a pure point like Deron or CP3, and with Kobe on the downside of his career and Wade going to be 30 soon- with his injury history- I think DRose could be the best guard in the league, period, within 3-4 years. Point guard or otherwise.

And as much as I'm biased as a Bulls fan, I'm even more biased for Deron as an Illini fan. Derrick's playmaking abilities will be greatly enhanced by having an All-Star power forward and he's going to become a very good defender.

QuebecBaller
07-14-2010, 10:06 PM

Call me when Rose win 2 MVP trophy
Call me when Rose bring his team to the finals

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:08 PM
call me when derrick rose plays D. he is awful on that end of the court.
No, he's not. He's definitely unrefined, but he's not awful. How many 21-year old point guards are awesome defenders, in the first place? Deron, CP3 and Wade (I know, not a point guard, but someone you can compare Derrick to in terms of style of play) weren't very good defenders early in their careers either, and they all came into the league older than Rose.

With Tom Thibodeau as his coach, I'll be a little surprised if Rose doesn't become one of the best on-ball defenders in the league within a couple years.

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Call me when Rose win 2 MVP trophy
Call me when Rose bring his team to the finals
Call me when Nash deserved those trophies.

And call me when Rose plays with three Hall of Famers. Rondo was the fourth-best player on the 2008 Celtics. And while you could rightly call him the best player on the 2010 Celts, he was still playing with three great- albeit slightly older- veterans that kept him from having to shoulder anywhere near the same load that Rose shouldered in 2010. Call me when Rondo can average 27 points per game in the playoffs against a 61-win team with the league's best player guarding him at times.

And that last part is why is it's not crazy to think Rose will be the league's best point guard, or best guard, period, within a couple of years: he's a big-time player who, at ages 20 and 21, had phenomenal playoff series against 60+ win, outstanding defensive teams in his first two seasons. As he continues to add range on his jumper- he's already an above-average 16-20 foot shooter- he'll be totally unstoppable.

Cangri
07-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Offensively he'll probably be top 3 next season imo, he was great in the playoffs and he'll continue to get better.
Like someone else said, his defense is average, but I have no doubt that he'll work on it and get better at it.
He's also a beast @ getting to the rim.

JtotheIzzo
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Derrick Rose will be the Best Point Guard. BOOK IT.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/skillschallenge/images/skills5.jpg

now if he could only team up with Beasley, we'd have a squad worthy of challenging Miami.

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:24 PM
now if he could only team up with Beasley, we'd have a squad worthy of challenging Miami.
I don't know who "we" is, but I don't want Michael Beasley within 500 miles of the Bulls roster.

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 10:26 PM
So I'm assuming this is after Deron and Paul get to at least age 32

QuebecBaller
07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Call me when Nash deserved those trophies.

So give me your phone number and I'll call you TWICE :lol

But seriously, the first one was fully deserved

JtotheIzzo
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't know who "we" is, but I don't want Michael Beasley within 500 miles of the Bulls roster.

you're obviously not familiar with the OP.

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
you're obviously not familiar with the OP.
No, I try not to post in the NBA forum much. I moderate the college forum and try to stick to just that (even though I like the NBA and college game equally as much).

But I can glean from the context of this thread that he's obsessed with the 2008 draft class for some reason. Kind of strange; pretty damn good class, but Rose is the only potential superstar in the group (apologies to Westbrook and Lopez).

JtotheIzzo
07-14-2010, 10:33 PM
No, I try not to post in the NBA forum much. I moderate the college forum and try to stick to just that (even though I like the NBA and college game equally as much).

But I can glean from the context of this thread that he's obsessed with the 2008 draft class for some reason. Kind of strange; pretty damn good class, but Rose is the only potential superstar in the group (apologies to Westbrook and Lopez).

he's a troll who spends his days spamming the forum with nonsensical love threads about Michael Beasley. This is the first rose one I have seen.

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:34 PM
So give me your phone number and I'll call you TWICE :lol

But seriously, the first one was fully deserved
No, it wasn't. He deserved to be in the top five in 2005-2007, and 2010 also. But a 15-point per game scorer who can't defend his shadow is not the MVP.

In fairness, I probably would've had him No. 2 or 3 in 2005, but Shaq should've won it. And Kobe, LeBron or Dirk should've won in 2006. Oddly enough, I think the best case for Nash to be MVP would've been 2007, when he had one of the greatest offensive seasons ever- and easily his best season- and Phoenix won 61 games with neither Amare nor Marion being near the level they were in 2005, and for that matter Diaw being nowhere near where he was in 2006.

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:38 PM
he's a troll who spends his days spamming the forum with nonsensical love threads about Michael Beasley. This is the first rose one I have seen.
Does anyone moderate this forum? I try to shut down trolls quick in the college forum. (Not that we get 2% the traffic of the NBA forum, but still.)

And it's too bad he killed his credibility with the Beasley spam before posting this about Rose, because he might actually be right.

Does anyone else see what I see with Pooh (and if you don't know to call him that, you've not been following him since he was a high school freshman like I have)? That he's developing more into a Wade-like combo guard than a DWill/CP3-like pure point guard? I don't think one style is better than the other; the important thing is the ability to create, to generate offense regularly. I just think it'll be interesting to see which way he goes.

entropy35
07-14-2010, 10:42 PM
even if he becomes a 25/8 player?

entropy35
07-14-2010, 10:48 PM
A point guard is supposed to set up people, while rose does that he doesn't do it on an elite level. To me he's more of a combo guard than a pure guard like Paul, Williams, Rondo, Wall. He could be one of the best scorers in the league if he can get to the line more, but i like my PG's to pass more than score.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
A point guard is supposed to set up people, while rose does that he doesn't do it on an elite level. To me he's more of a combo guard than a pure guard like Paul, Williams, Rondo, Wall. He could be one of the best scorers in the league if he can get to the line more, but i like my PG's to pass more than score.

Rose is going to average at least 8 assists. I wouldnt be surpised if he averages 10

btw whats up my nigg@. Heard Beasley is having the press confernce for the trade 2mmorr

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Sure. But he's not going to. And if he does, it'll be in Sharif Abdur-Rahim fashion: a decent player putting up All-Star numbers on a crappy team because, well, someone has to shoot.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 10:58 PM
So I'm assuming this is after Deron and Paul get to at least age 32

bet u any money both those guyz wont make playoffs.

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:01 PM
bet u any money both those guyz wont make playoffs.

I Loled

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:01 PM

no man. Yo u heard how KURT RAMBIS is playing uptempo basketball now.

28/10 underrated rebounder

entropy35
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah, Beasley conference at 3PM tomorrow. Hey, did you know he switched to #8.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:02 PM
I Loled

u scared.

gtfo u thought Memphis was going 2 playoffs last year lol lol

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
u scared.

gtfo u thought Memphis was going 2 playoffs last year lol lol

Before they dropped A.I. And weren't they only like 4 games out the playoffs?

And I'm scared of a point guard with averge passing skills at best becoming better then Deron or Paul?

Until Rose gets as good as Rondo I won't be worying about him

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Yeah, Beasley conference at 3PM tomorrow. Hey, did you know he switched to #8.

:wtf: WHY 8 FUCCKING NO
I'M MAD :mad:

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't forget that CP3 and Deron are 20 ppg scorers, too. So were Magic and Isiah. The very best point guards need to be doing both.

But like I said, I'm not really worried about the point guard/combo guard designation. That's why I think he's developing more into a Wade-like player, which would be great for me. Wade's handled the ball in a playmaking capacity every bit as much as Deron or Paul. He doesn't get classified as a "point guard" because he's a scorer, but he acts in the ballhandling, playmaking capacity just as much. It's just that he finishes more on his own.

For the record, I do think Rose has the passing gene. He was phenomenal in this role in high school with Chicago Simeon and in AAU with Meanstreets. He was putting up triple-doubles and drawing Jason Kidd comparisons when he was teaming up with Eric Gordon. (Which should've happened for more than one summer in AAU...should've happened for one season in Illinois uniforms. But that's a bitter story for another day....)

He hasn't functioned in that capacity with the Bulls because he's needed to do more on his own. With Hinrich no longer around to help with the ballhandling and a bona fide low-post threat in Boozer- not to mention a true three-point threat in Korver to kick out to- I think it'll be interesting to see if Derrick functions more in that Deron, CP3 capacity or if he continues to develop into a scorer first, playmaker second combo guard like Wade. I don't particularly care, as long as he becomes one of the league's best players, which I'm convinced he will.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Before they dropped A.I. And weren't they only like 4 games out the playoffs?

And I'm scared of a point guard with averge passing skills at best becoming better then Deron or Paul?

Until Rose gets as good as Rondo I won't be worying about him
so it wasnt like it was A.I. fault.

average passing skills lol lol funny stuff.

Rose is cleary better then Rondo n its not even close bro.

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:23 PM
so it wasnt like it was A.I. fault.

average passing skills lol lol funny stuff.

Rose is cleary better then Rondo n its not even close bro.

Rondo's defense >>Rose's defense
Rondo's rebounding> Rose's rebounding
Rondo's playmaking>Rose's plamaking
Rondo's Passing >Rose's passing

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Rondo's defense >>Rose's defense
Rondo's rebounding> Rose's rebounding
Rondo's playmaking>Rose's plamaking
Rondo's Passing >Rose's passing
You could give Rondo the checkmark in all of those categories over Dwayne Wade, too.

How are you differentiating between playmaking and passing, just out of curiosity? And are you compensating for the fact that Rose is three years younger and is already borderline unstoppable, while Rondo's ceiling is capped by the fact that he'll never be a reliable scoring threat?

You can say Rajon Rondo is better than Rose through the 2009-2010 season and make a pretty good case, but even if it's true- and I'm not convinced it is- it won't stay that way for long.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:26 PM
yo THEGAME i bet u were really pissed off bout EJ n Rose not going to illni.

Soft u got Jereme Richmond coming there and hopefully u guys can get some MAC IRVIN FIRE STUDS

lilojmayo
07-14-2010, 11:37 PM
http://sneakermestupid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/chris_paul_2.jpg

Chris Paul when healthy is on a different level than any other PG in the league and will be for at least the next 5 years. I didn't realize this until I actually started watching him. I always thought by his numbers he was just another ball dominate stat padder. I also thought that Deron Williams was just as good, but he is a distanct second in reality.

His reads in transition makes it feel like he sees where everything in slow motion. The way he uses the pick and roll should be thought to every pg from now on. He can go over it, seal you underneath, split it, can find the big man rolling. Is an amazing ball handler the best in the NBA, i think. He is basketball IQ is out of this roof.

He is wasting his career in New Orleans, if you give him a perimeter that's a gamebreaker, he could be a threat in the playoffs.

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
yo THEGAME i bet u were really pissed off bout EJ n Rose not going to illni.

Soft u got Jereme Richmond coming there and hopefully u guys can get some MAC IRVIN FIRE STUDS
I actually wasn't pissed about Rose because once all five of his final schools- Memphis, Indiana, UCLA, Notre Dame and DePaul- were announced and were all adidas schools, we knew what was up. In fact, those really paying attention knew Memphis had bought off his brother nearly a year before he signed. Even when Rose supposedly reconsidered Illinois and visited in October, it was just a PR ploy by his brother. Gordon was the heartbreaker. Derrick never really received any ill will from Illinois fans. (Then again, he didn't go to Indiana.)

It's kinda funny how Mac Irvin kids are gonna play a big part in (hopefully) taking Illinois back to an elite level because there was a perception that our coaching staff and the Irvins weren't on good terms, though Jerrance Howard probably played a big part in fixing that. Not just Richmond, but Meyers Leonard and Crandall Head are also Mac Irvin alums and hopefully we have two more on the way in 2011 with Mike Shaw joining Mycheal Henry. Hell, if Richmond could play the point, we could put together an all-Mac Irvin starting five in 2-3 years. (Not that we would, but it would be possible.)

Crystallas
07-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Make your Beasley look like an idiot, leave our Rose alone.

Ikill
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
i think its between him or chris paul

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Chris Paul when healthy is on a different level than any other PG in the league and will be for at least the next 5 years. I didn't realize this until I actually started watchign him. I always thought by his numbers he was just another ball dominate stat padder. I also thought that Deron Williams was just as good, but he is a distanct second in reality.

His reads in transition makes it feel like he sees where everything in slow motion. The way he uses the pick and roll should be thought to every pg from now on. He can go over it, seal you underneath, split it, can find the big man rolling. Is an amazing ball handler the best in the NBA, i think. He is basketball IQ is out of this roof.

He is wasting his career in New Orleans, if you give him a perimeter that's a gamebreaker, he could be a threat in the playoffs.

I loled at most of this post. But mostly at the bolded part.

Cause Nash and Deron haven't done everything you described regarding pick and rolls for the past 3 years

TheGame414
07-14-2010, 11:41 PM
I also thought that Deron Williams was just as good, but he is a distanct second in reality.

No, he's not. There's never been a shred of truth to this. You can certainly say CP3 is better, but it's extremely close either way.

And Derrick Rose might be a year or two away from making the Deron/CP3 argument irrelevant.

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:42 PM
No, he's not. There's never been a shred of truth to this. You can certainly say CP3 is better, but it's extremely close either way.

And Derrick Rose might be a year or two away from making the Deron/CP3 argument irrelevant.
This

Ikill
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM
2010 > 2008
naw 2010 nba draft class is horrible, i would say 2008 is the second best draft class of the decade

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:43 PM

Chris Paul when healthy is on a different level than any other PG in the league and will be for at least the next 5 years. I didn't realize this until I actually started watching him. I always thought by his numbers he was just another ball dominate stat padder. I also thought that Deron Williams was just as good, but he is a distanct second in reality.

This is exactly how a pick and roll should be taught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFSmW0dggqU

KobeDaMamba
07-14-2010, 11:44 PM
CP3 doesnt approve this thread. By far the best point in the league. As good as Deron Williams is, he is on a tier below Paul. Williams is better at things you would want your SG to do such as move off ball, coming off screens, catch and shoots. Paul is better at running the picknroll, penetrating and dishing and finishing around the rim. Better defender too. His steals are a result of on ball defense. He has some quick hands and great anticipation. Williams is a distant second with Nash behind these two.

Paul on Lakeshow = jizz. Wont work in the triangle, tho.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:48 PM

CP3 is sick but Rose is reaching his of his superstar potential. And we all no Rose has the better upside

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:50 PM
CP3 doesnt approve this thread. By far the best point in the league. As good as Deron Williams is, he is on a tier below Paul. Williams is better at things you would want your SG to do such as move off ball, coming off screens, catch and shoots. Paul is better at running the picknroll, penetrating and dishing and finishing around the rim. Better defender too. His steals are a result of on ball defense. He has some quick hands and great anticipation. Williams is a distant second with Nash behind these two.

Paul on Lakeshow = jizz. Wont work in the triangle, tho.

So because Deron does more things like Post up , Move well of the ball, catch and shooter he's a tier below Paul?

The Logic is beyond me.

drwax26
07-14-2010, 11:50 PM
I loled at most of this post. But mostly at the bolded part.

Cause Nash and Deron haven't done everything you described regarding pick and rolls for the past 3 years

Man are you homo cause u can never take D will's nuts out of your mouth. I went to Illinois when D will was playing there and am the biggest D will fan but good lord you defend him like you are his chick or something. Who says D rose cant average 10 assist a game. He averaged 6 per game and HAD to score 20 a nite just for his team to be competitive. He has even come out and said he likes to pass more but coaches tell him to look for his shot because of the players around him. im not sure if he will be the best PG in the league but he def will be top 3 for a very long time. Whoever says rondo is better than rose, do you dumb fools realize everytime rose plays rondo he embarass' that dude. Its crazy how ignorant and dumb ppl are on this forum....

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:51 PM
naw 2010 nba draft class is horrible, i would say 2008 is the second best draft class of the decade

this

2010 is wack, just favvours, j-wall n cousins

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Man are you homo cause u can never take D will's nuts out of your mouth. I went to Illinois when D will was playing there and am the biggest D will fan but good lord you defend him like you are his chick or something. Who says D rose cant average 10 assist a game. He averaged 6 per game and HAD to score 20 a nite just for his team to be competitive. He has even come out and said he likes to pass more but coaches tell him to look for his shot because of the players around him. im not sure if he will be the best PG in the league but he def will be top 3 for a very long time. Whoever says rondo is better than rose, do you dumb fools realize everytime rose plays rondo he embarass' that dude. Its crazy how ignorant and dumb ppl are on this forum....
Lol what? I defended D-Will against people that were diregarding him? Yep his nuts are in my mouth. How many of my post mention D-Will in them out of my 6,000 post please go check.

Rose not being that great of a passer has nothing to do with me defending Deron. That has to do with Rose's skillset.

And Rose embarrassed Rondo? Are we sure we were watching the same playoffs?

Hint personal insults don't help your argument.

Rose
07-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Can we all agree that D-will and CP3 are equally as talented and you can just pick your flavor, if one is slightly better at one thing the other is slightly better at something else to make up for it.

Onto the topic though, he COULD be the best, but he still has lots of work to go, I think he'll work his way into the discussion of being one of the best this year, and maybe even be the third best point guard by the end of the season. But he's still at least another year(probably two) away from the legit best, with a valid argument.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:56 PM
You do no Rose is entering 3rd year. The 3rd season is when point guards really step-up their game. Real talks bro. Check the stats 4yourself. I expect Westbrook to be a beast as well

Yung D-Will
07-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Can we all agree that D-will and CP3 are equally as talented and you can just pick your flavor, if one is slightly better at one thing the other is slightly better at something else to make up for it.

Onto the topic though, he COULD be the best, but he still has lots of work to go, I think he'll work his way into the discussion of being one of the best this year, and maybe even be the third best point guard by the end of the season. But he's still at least another year(probably two) away from the legit best, with a valid argument.

Best response in this thread

/thread

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Lol what? I defended D-Will against people that were diregarding him? Yep his nuts are in my mouth. How many of my post mention D-Will in them out of my 6,000 post please go check.

Rose not being that great of a passer has nothing to do with me defending Deron. That has to do with Rose's skillset.

Rose rookie season agaisnt a 3rd year vetran
stfu

Rose
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Best response in this thread

/thread

Thank ya! I'm obviously a Rose homer, but even I admit he's still probably a season away from this becoming a legit argument.

KobeDaMamba
07-14-2010, 11:58 PM
So because Deron does more things like Post up , Move well of the ball, catch and shooter he's a tier below Paul?

The Logic is beyond me.

Absolutely. Paul is a much better point. Williams is better at things you want from your SG. Thats all there is to. Statistically, its not even close. Paul's team is a lot more dependent on him than the Jazz are on Williams.

OnceInADECADE
07-14-2010, 11:59 PM

Dude has been working on his game like crazy. If he gets a 3 point jumper OMG:eek: . Watch Out

Yung D-Will
Rose rookie season agaisnt a 3rd year vetran
stfu

So that helps your argument saying that Rose is better then Rondo how??

OnceInADECADE
Thank ya! I'm obviously a Rose homer, but even I admit he's still probably a season away from this becoming a legit argument.

Dude is working on his game like crazy

Rose
07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Dude has been working on his game like crazy. If he gets a 3 point jumper OMG:eek: . Watch Out

speaking of that as someone in the the Bulls forum posted...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0715-bulls-chicago--20100714,0,5243853.story

Ikill
Absolutely. Paul is a much better point. Williams is better at things you want from your SG. Thats all there is to. Statistically, its not even close. Paul's team is a lot more dependent on him than the Jazz are on Williams.
actually this so true

Yung D-Will
O ok . So that consitutes being a tier below. You know cause you wouldn't expect someone who's team is centered around him to put up better stats?

And apparently the more versitle you are adds negative points now.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:01 AM
So that helps your argument saying that Rose is better then Rondo how??

u brought up that Rondo beat Rose in the playoffs u cunnt stfu.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:02 AM
speaking of that as someone in the the Bulls forum posted...
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0715-bulls-chicago--20100714,0,5243853.story

its offical watch out:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 12:03 AM
u brought up that Rondo beat Rose in the playoffs u cunnt stfu.

I'm not getting how stating Rondo's a 3rd year veteran helps your argument for Rose being better then Rondo right now.

(e)
07-15-2010, 12:04 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/pDvbTrE8VBo/0.jpg

Oops.

I love Rose, but him being the best PG in the league? lol.

CP3 and D-Will, are both head and sholders above him.

I have no issues with someone saying he is the third best PG in the league though, because he is right on the other side of the door to being in the same comparrison as those 2 guys.

His third year will say a lot though. From being the rookie of the year to a second year All-Star, it'll be interesting to see where he goes from there. He definitely needs to develop a more consistant 3 point jumper (meaning 30%+), and being a more active and focused defender.

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 12:08 AM
:bowdown:

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:09 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/pDvbTrE8VBo/0.jpg

Oops.

I love Rose, but him being the best PG in the league? lol.

CP3 and D-Will, are both head and sholders above him.

I have no issues with someone saying he is the third best PG in the league though, because he is right on the other side of the door to being in the same comparrison as those 2 guys.

His third year will say a lot though. From being the rookie of the year to a second year All-Star, it'll be interesting to see where he goes from there. He definitely needs to develop a more consistant 3 point jumper (meaning 30%+), and being a more active and focused defender.

Like i said before Rose has been working on his game like crazy. Plus now he has shooters to really open up his game.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:11 AM
:bowdown:

Dude is entering his 3rd year. Isnt that the same time CP3 and D-Will both became the best pg's.

And Rose having better potential then both of them means TAKEOVER

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 12:19 AM
People say Wall could become the best in the league and no one flinches but put ROY, second year all-star D. Rose in the conversation and no one bites.

I hate ranking players most times and I don't know where he'll be next season in my eyes but I just don't get how the kid has so many haters when he does exactly what the Bulls ask of him.

shizzouts
07-15-2010, 12:19 AM
very possible.

DC Zephyrs
07-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Dude is entering his 3rd year. Isnt that the same time CP3 and D-Will both became the best pg's.

And Rose having better potential then both of them means TAKEOVER

Rose has more potential as a scoring PG, but as a playmaker, he's not even close. He doesn't have elite court vision.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Rose has more potential as a scoring PG, but as a playmaker, he's not even close. He doesn't have elite court vision.

have u seen Rose play? huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdC2hx9F1wk

dude check out 1.52 nice pass
36 point 11assists

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 12:25 AM

How many Bull's games did you watch last year?

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:27 AM
People say Wall could become the best in the league and no one flinches but put ROY, second year all-star D. Rose in the conversation and no one bites.

I hate ranking players most times and I don't know where he'll be next season in my eyes but I just don't get how the kid has so many haters when he does exactly what the Bulls ask of him.

Yeah bro too many haters on this site

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:28 AM

dude doesnt no shit. Leave him alone Go Getter he is just a noob lol :roll: :roll:

DC Zephyrs
07-15-2010, 12:35 AM

Does it matter? I've seen Rose play enough over the last 2 years to know he will never be a Paul/Nash/Williams type of passer. That's just not his game.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:37 AM
Does it matter? I've seen Rose play enough over the last 2 years to know he will never be a Paul/Nash/Williams type of passer. That's just not his game.

dude u didnt watch the game on the youtube link?

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 12:38 AM

None of this "matters", I just wanted to know how much of his game you've seen.

Nash [esp], Paul, and Williams were not world beaters as 2nd year players mind you.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 12:59 AM

Nash [esp], Paul, and Williams were not world beaters as 2nd year players mind you.

AMEN

DC Zephyrs
07-15-2010, 01:01 AM

Nash has had a pretty unusual career path, so comparing him as a second year player probably isn't fair.

Paul and Willams, however, were both elite playmakers by their second years, averaging 8.9 and 9.3 APG respectively.

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Nash has had a pretty unusual career path, so comparing him as a second year player probably isn't fair.

Paul and Willams, however, were both elite playmakers by their second years, averaging 8.9 and 9.3 APG respectively.

Paul had a pick and roll PF and Deron had Carlos Boozer and one of the most effective half court systems in basketball. Taking nothing away from their talents, but you can see by the Bull's roster that they were offensively deficient for the past two years.

I can totally see Rose upping his assists from 6-7 to 9 this year with the additions we made.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM

D-Will spent 3 years in illni and CP3 spent 2 in Wake Forest

Birmingham1955
07-15-2010, 01:07 AM
John Wall is the only player that can dethrone Paul or Williams. His upside is scary. He has a better jumpshot then Rose did as a rookie. He is more of a passer I see him averaging more assists this year than Rose. He has more in game athletism. He is so much better on the defensive end, he steals the ball like Rajon Rondo. He can actually use his athletism to get to the free throw line also.

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 01:14 AM
John Wall is the only player that can dethrone Paul or Williams. His upside is scary. He has a better jumpshot then Rose did as a rookie. He is more of a passer I see him averaging more assists this year than Rose. He has more in game athletism. He is so much better on the defensive end, he steals the ball like Rajon Rondo. He can actually use his athletism to get to the free throw line also.

1. I don't know about the jumpshot thing man Wall's J looks really shaky
2. He needs to make safer passes as of right now he isn't a better passer/ball handler than Rose he averages too many turnovers.
3. I really think you're buggin as far as the athleticism lol
4. Good luck getting calls as a rookie.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 01:21 AM
1. I don't know about the jumpshot thing man Wall's J looks really shaky
2. He needs to make safer passes as of right now he isn't a better passer/ball handler than Rose he averages too many turnovers.
3. I really think you're buggin as far as the athleticism lol
4. Good luck getting calls as a rookie.

LOL LOL @ John Wall being more Athletic then Rose lol

Birmingham1955
07-15-2010, 01:24 AM
LOL LOL @ John Wall being more Athletic then Rose lol

He is faster than Rose with the ball. He changes directions a lot quicker than Rose also.

triangleoffense
07-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Is this kid retarded or what?

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 01:38 AM
He is faster than Rose with the ball. He changes directions a lot quicker than Rose also.

A lot quicker? And you can tell with your eyes?

*he may very well be quicker but "a lot?"

People said that Wall was faster and more athletic than Rose before the combine and the numbers didn't support that in full [his height and wingspan are amazing though combined with his talent] so I don't see how you can tell with your eyes.

Wall hasn't put anyone on their butt yet like Rose has, lol {see Felton and Miller}.....

I just babbled all that to say that idk if he is or isn't....but to say that he clearly is with no stop watch is almost impossible.

206kid
07-15-2010, 02:05 AM
Thank you finally someone that agrees with me, Derrick Rose is going to be a beast ! Only 21, 22 ? Wow

Rose
07-15-2010, 02:22 AM

And hey he'll keep is 1:1 assist-to ratio too! And Rose gets robbed of ALOT of calls, because 96% of the time he doesn't whine to the refs. And he isn't a superstar(on both sides of the ball)

Wagon jumper
07-15-2010, 07:05 AM
To be a best pg in the NBA, the minimum requirement is double double. Then you add in leading steal in the league or 50%/40%/90% through out the career. Rose certainly has the talents to be the top tier pg in the near future but at this moment NO he is not the best pg in the league.

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 07:12 AM
To be a best pg in the NBA, the minimum requirement is double double. Then you add in leading steal in the league or 50%/40%/90% through out the career. Rose certainly has the talents to be the top tier pg in the near future but at this moment NO he is not the best pg in the league.

Lol@your silent vote for Steve Nash.

Shooting is one element of being the top dog at the PG position.

Funny how Nash fans never mention how he gets more passes stolen than anyone in the league and has the defense of a high school-er.

Bigsmoke
07-15-2010, 07:43 AM

Rose is better than Rondo now....

OMG Nash is ****ing 36 years old. Dont tell me he's gonna be better than Rose even 3 years from now.

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Rose is better than Rondo now....

OMG Nash is ****ing 36 years old. Dont tell me he's gonna be better than Rose even 3 years from now.
Rondo is better then Rose.

Nash won't be next year

Bigsmoke
07-15-2010, 08:02 AM

i smell bullshit :no:

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 08:11 AM
i smell bullshit :no:

I guess that's just the smell of Rondo being better then Rose at everything besides scoring

Boogaboog
07-15-2010, 08:56 AM
A lot quicker? And you can tell with your eyes?

*he may very well be quicker but "a lot?"

People said that Wall was faster and more athletic than Rose before the combine and the numbers didn't support that in full [his height and wingspan are amazing though combined with his talent] so I don't see how you can tell with your eyes.

Wall hasn't put anyone on their butt yet like Rose has, lol {see Felton and Miller}.....

I just babbled all that to say that idk if he is or isn't....but to say that he clearly is with no stop watch is almost impossible.

Didn't somebody write about the terrible technique Wall used? I don't think he's much faster than Rose either, but I see a difference with the ball in hand.

Go Getter
07-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Didn't somebody write about the terrible technique Wall used? I don't think he's much faster than Rose either, but I see a difference with the ball in hand.

I've seen Rose in person and on film. Never seen Wall in person but I can't tell who is faster with my eyes; Wall, Rose, prime Barbosa, Parker, Ellis, Harris, etc. No one can without a stop watch.

Everyone thought that Wall would be the fastest guard ever and he wasn't clocked faster than Sunny Weems...neither was Rose. I doubt anyone saw Weems as one of the fastest guards in the league...

I did see Eric Bledsoe catch up to Wall from behind (even though Wall finished the play)...people are overtaking his abilities when there is no need to. It's obvious he has game.

jasonresno
07-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I guess that's just the smell of Rondo being better then Rose at everything besides scoring
Bahaha.

Is this all you do on this forum? You sniff out Rose threads like a ****in dog and then start posting Rondo shit.

Swear to God. Every Rose thread I see you go in there just to say World>Rose.

****in hater.

Rose doesn't shoot 30% from the in the Finals and cost the Celtics the series.

Rose>>>>Rondo and it's not even close.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM

Nash won't be next year

HATER

drwax26
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM

Hint personal insults don't help your argument.

A rookie guard carrying a team averaged 19.7 points against a defensive specialist guard. Hell rose put up 36 in his first playoff game if that isnt getting embarass on rondo part then i dont know what is. That shouldnt happen if the best thing you do is defense....LOL

entropy35
07-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Rondo is a better PG than rose but rose is a better player. if you know what i mean.

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Bahaha.

Is this all you do on this forum? You sniff out Rose threads like a ****in dog and then start posting Rondo shit.

Swear to God. Every Rose thread I see you go in there just to say World>Rose.

****in hater.

Rose doesn't shoot 30% from the in the Finals and cost the Celtics the series.

Rose>>>>Rondo and it's not even close.
Yep Cause I have an anti rose agenda and a Pro Rondo agenda even though I was against Rondo in nearly every thread in the playoffs. And Rose does get triple doubles on a regular bases, Defend at a high level or pass at a high level. So I don't get your point

VishaltotheG
07-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Rose is more talented, less choke prone, and has a better attitude than Rondo. Rose is the most athletic PG of all time. Rondo f*cked the Celtics by shooting worse on free throws than on his own mid range shots and that's f*cked up. Plus, he seemed to fight with Pierce for the Finals MVP, which disrupted chemistry. I have no doubt that if Rose was on that Celtics team, they would have won it all. On the other hand, if Rondo was on the Bulls squad of last year, they would not have won 30 games.

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Rose is more talented, less choke prone, and has a better attitude than Rondo. Rose is the most athletic PG of all time. Rondo f*cked the Celtics by shooting worse on free throws than on his own mid range shots and that's f*cked up. Plus, he seemed to fight with Pierce for the Finals MVP, which disrupted chemistry. I have no doubt that if Rose was on that Celtics team, they would have won it all. On the other hand, if Rondo was on the Bulls squad of last year, they would not have won 30 games.

You having no doubt contibutes nothing to this discusiion. I could easily say I have no doubt that if Adam Morrison was on the Wizards they would win 60 games. Either way neither are backed up by any evidence.

You say Rondo ****ed up the Celtics yet Rondo's triples doubles an amazing plays were a big reason they got to the finals in the first place

Athleticism =?

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 11:05 AM
Why do u hate Rose so much? Is it because he is compared to as the next Dwayne Wade meets Dwill? Dude is gonna blow up next year!!

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 11:06 AM
Why do u hate Rose so much? Is it because he is compared to as the next Dwayne Wade meets Dwill? Dude is gonna blow up next year!!

I don't hate him. I said I need to see him surpass Rondo before I put him into consideration about being the best pg in the leauge

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't hate him. I said I need to see him surpass Rondo before I put him into consideration about being the best pg in the leauge

Rondo? Like i said early email when he gets a legit jump shot like Derrick Rose. Now Rose has 3 point shot. I think he is draining 65-85

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Rondo? Like i said early email when he gets a legit jump shot like Derrick Rose. Now Rose has 3 point shot. I think he is draining 65-85
Like I said email me when

Rose defends anywhere near Rondo , When Rose rebounds like Rondo, When Rose gets triple doubles like Rondo, When Rose passings like Rondo, When Rose gets steals like rondo.

Ext

Quickz
07-15-2010, 11:16 AM

But scoring includes better shooter, dunking, finisher... his faster, his stronger, better at free throws, higher potential, theres no way a team could stand 6 feet away from him at all times throughout the game like the lakers did to Rondo.

Rondo is a better defender and Rebounder I'll give him those his amazing at getting rebounds.

But before you got crazy on me Deron Williams is still the best point guard imo.

Quickz
07-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Rose defends anywhere near Rondo , When Rose rebounds like Rondo, When Rose gets triple doubles like Rondo, When Rose passings like Rondo, When Rose gets steals like rondo.

Ext

When Rondo can score like Rose, When Rondo can drive like Rose, When Rondo can shoot a mid range jump shot like Rose, When Rondo can Dunk like Rose, When Rondo can Run as fast as Rose, When Rondo can hit a threethrow like nvm Rose but Shaq, When Rondo has to be guarded within 3 feet like Rose....

Come on it's pretty easy to do that, I think Rose wins out on that one.

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 11:31 AM

Ext

watch Rose is gonna be 1 of the best point guard defenders next year watchout.

2spg book it

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

2spg book it
:applause: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Quickz
07-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Ya thats a stretch, Rose does to much on offence I dont see him working his ass off to get 2 steals a game...that's not his game

Bigsmoke
07-15-2010, 12:44 PM

my ***** :pimp:

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 12:46 PM
my ***** :pimp:
So you agree with a point made off complete speculation :lol

Bigsmoke
07-15-2010, 12:58 PM
So you agree with a point made off complete speculation :lol

what... about Rondo better better than Rose at everything besides scoring? Some of the areas what Rondo is capible of doing more effectily than Rose are shit that i could care less about. rebounding? come on now the Bulls are the best rebounding team in the league so him being liability at that department shouldnt affect us that much. But what could **** us up is having a point guard that couldnt make his free throws and shoot the back 15 feet away from the basket. Lets be for real, Rondo looks better than he actually is because he have Ray Allen and Pierce spreading the court for him. I'm not saying he isnt going to get better at his jumpshot but have him play on the Bulls and weaknesses will be exposed. I love how people always underestimate Rose' passing ability. Hell, put Rose on the Celtics and they would have beat the Lakers in 6..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBxWii3ZbxU

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt262/Huricane1232009/derrick_rose.jpg

:cheers:

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 01:00 PM
what... about Rondo better better than Rose at everything besides scoring? Some of the areas what Rondo is capible of doing more effectily than Rose are shit that i could care less about. rebounding? come on now the Bulls are the best rebounding team in the league so him being liability at that department shouldnt affect us that much. But what could **** us up is having a point guard that couldnt make his free throws and shoot the back 15 feet away from the basket. Lets be for real, Rondo looks better than he actually is because he have Ray Allen and Pierce spreading the court for him. I'm not saying he isnt going to get better at his jumpshot but have him play on the Bulls and weaknesses will be exposed. I love how people always underestimate Rose' passing ability. Hell, put Rose on the Celtics and they would have beat the Lakers in 6..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBxWii3ZbxU

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt262/Huricane1232009/derrick_rose.jpg

:cheers:

About switching their teams. It's a point based on pure speculation.

I could say switch Adam Morrison and Nash and Nash will be exposed.

And it still has no evidence to support it

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
:applause: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

coach Tom will force rose to be a force on the defensive end

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
coach Tom will force rose to be a force on the defensive end

Defense can't be forced into you. It's a mindset. You have to go in their every game and take it personally whenever your man scores on you. You have to have the mindest to be prepared to lock down your man for 48 minutes.

detotronix
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Nah, there's this guy in the Bay Area...

OnceInADECADE
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Defense can't be forced into you. It's a mindset. You have to go in their every game and take it personally whenever your man scores on you. You have to have the mindest to be prepared to lock down your man for 48 minutes.

remember when bron was a bad defender cuz he didnt try......................... now look at him mike brown defences first made me see the really defender bron is

same things goes 4 KD

2010splash
07-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Deron Williams being seriously overrated here. Nobody with sense trades Rose for Deron considering how much more advanced Rose was at the same age, and Rose's superb athleticism (Deron is a mediocre athlete)

Deron has also played with a top flight big his entire career. Rose is just playing with one for the first time next year. You'll see how much better Rose is with a legit pick and roll big and sharpshooters on the wings and how much worse Deron is now that he lost all his good teammates.

Ikill
07-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Deron Williams being seriously overrated here. Nobody with sense trades Rose for Deron considering how much more advanced Rose was at the same age, and Rose's superb athleticism (Deron is a mediocre athlete)

Deron has also played with a top flight big his entire career. Rose is just playing with one for the first time next year. You'll see how much better Rose is with a legit pick and roll big and sharpshooters on the wings and how much worse Deron is now that he lost all his good teammates.
yeah derrick rose is just like deron williams but a better scorer, and more athletic so he'll he easily pass deron williams next year and derons numbers are going down without carlos boozer. i see rose getting 9 assists

Bigsmoke
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
remember when bron was a bad defender cuz he didnt try......................... now look at him mike brown defences first made me see the really defender bron is

same things goes 4 KD

yep yep yep yep :cheers:

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah derrick rose is just like deron williams but a better scorer, and more athletic so he'll he easily pass deron williams next year and derons numbers are going down without carlos boozer. i see rose getting 9 assists
You're stupid.

How are Deron's assist numbers going down without Boozer.

Is it because Al Jefferson doesn't run the pick and roll as good as Boozer?

http://i29.tinypic.com/29gofg3.jpg

Jefferson's a much better post player and he has a legit mid range game.

So how will Deron's assist go down? Do you have anything to back up this baseless statement?

Double digit assist aren't a result of having a better team.

Players like Deron,Nash,Rondo and Paul are just surperior passers to rose.

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 03:29 PM

And you're just a genuine dumbass.

We lose are good teamates?
We gained someone better in Boozer
We gained Bell
Gains improved
Okur's gonna come back off his injury.

Like I said. Watch players like Deron,Rose,Nash and Paul

They're not better passers because of surperior teamates. They're better passers because they're simply better passers

And how is Deron gonna get worse without Boozer? Did he not averge more points and 10 assist when Boozer was out?

Don't say stupid things based on nothing

Ikill
07-15-2010, 03:30 PM
You're stupid.

How are Deron's assist numbers going down without Boozer.

Is it because Al Jefferson doesn't run the pick and roll as good as Boozer?

http://i29.tinypic.com/29gofg3.jpg

Jefferson's a much better post player and he has a legit mid range game.

So how will Deron's assist go down? Do you have anything to back up this baseless statement?

Double digit assist aren't a result of having a better team.

Players like Deron,Nash,Rondo and Paul are just surperior passers to rose.
o my bad i forgot they got Jefferson
rose 25 9 5
chris paul 23 12 6
Deron Williams 19 11 4

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 03:33 PM
rose 25 9 5
chris paul 23 12 6
Deron Williams 19 11 4
And Deron won't averge 20 ppg why?

When he was healthy last season he easily averged 20 ppg. The reason his scoring averge went down was because he had a wrist injury.

So try again.

And if you guys claim the only reason rose has to score alot is he has bad teammates how will he suddenly averge the same ppg once he has more talent?

Rose
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM
rose 25 9 5
chris paul 23 12 6
Deron Williams 19 11 4
Rose isn't averaging 25...I think a more realistic expectation is 20/10/4 and maybe a steal a game.

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Rose isn't averaging 25...I think a more realistic expectation is 20/10/4 and maybe a steal a game.
I don't see him averaging double digit assist just because of Boozer just yet. Boozer isn't that kind of player where you just throw the ball to him down low and he scores.

People need to remember Deron wasn't naturally great at the pick and roll and neither was stockton the pick and roll is something Sloan teaches to perfection .

SinJackal
07-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah Rose ain't averaging no damn 10 assists. . .

He's a scoring PG. 8 tops.

Ikill
07-15-2010, 03:50 PM
did anyone think that durant was going to be leading scorer by his third year?? a players 3rd year is when they break out Hes going to be scoring more since hes going to have more space next year with the new shooters , and boozer joining

Yung D-Will
07-15-2010, 03:51 PM
did anyone think that durant was going to be leading scorer by his third year?? a players 3rd year is when they break out Hes going to be scoring more since hes going to have more space next year with the new shooters , and boozer joining

Yes . They Did

There were about 200 threads about it last offseason. Where people said Durant would be better then Roy and Deron this season

Try again

Rose
07-15-2010, 03:55 PM
I don't see him averaging double digit assist just because of Boozer just yet. Boozer isn't that kind of player where you just throw the ball to him down low and he scores.

People need to remember Deron wasn't naturally great at the pick and roll and neither was stockton the pick and roll is something Sloan teaches to perfection .

I don't either. BUT I think him and korver together could, especially if they add redick, and we'll see about that tomorrow. I think just think with Deng being the only real scorer last year, I mean Kirk had his games last year but still.

DC Zephyrs
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM

What are you talking about? Durant was one of the favorites for the scoring title going into the season. Everyone knew this guy was gonna win scoring titles eventually.

As for Rose, there's no way he's averaging 25+ unless he either dramatically improves his free throw attempts, or develops a consistent 3, or both. He'll probably get there eventually, but I don't think its gonna be next year.

SinJackal
07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I agree. Rose won't be a superstar player until near the end/after the season imo.

He's close, but he's more the type of player that needs to improve a little each year, rather than a guy who suddenly puts it together one year.

Ikill
07-15-2010, 04:07 PM
What are you talking about? Durant was one of the favorites for the scoring title going into the season. Everyone knew this guy was gonna win scoring titles eventually.

As for Rose, there's no way he's averaging 25+ unless he either dramatically improves his free throw attempts, or develops a consistent 3, or both. He'll probably get there eventually, but I don't think its gonna be next year.
thats why i asked about durant i didnt know, but people are saying he better than melo and maybe lebron did they say that before the season started?

Ikill
07-15-2010, 04:09 PM
And Deron won't averge 20 ppg why?

When he was healthy last season he easily averged 20 ppg. The reason his scoring averge went down was because he had a wrist injury.

So try again.

And if you guys claim the only reason rose has to score alot is he has bad teammates how will he suddenly averge the same ppg once he has more talent?
yeah he could score 20

Blue.Legend
07-15-2010, 04:29 PM
All this speculation about Rondo versus Rose can come to an end this coming season.

Rondo have been better every season. Stats proves it and so does playoff records. No need to waste time and argue this point.

Next year bulls are speculated by most people to be 3-4th seed in the east, and so are the celtics. Next year the with Perk out, and the big 3 getting a year older, and with boozer joining the bulls; the playing fields are now leveled.

Great things are expected of Rose and Rondo. Lets see who comes out on top.

OnceInADECADE
07-20-2010, 04:43 PM
BUMP

Just so happy for Rose

Yung D-Will
07-20-2010, 05:15 PM
BUMP

Just so happy for Rose

Why are you bumping a thread about something that won't be happening any time soon? :confusedshrug:

jasonresno
07-20-2010, 05:28 PM
All this speculation about Rondo versus Rose can come to an end this coming season.

Rondo have been better every season. Stats proves it and so does playoff records. No need to waste time and argue this point.

Next year bulls are speculated by most people to be 3-4th seed in the east, and so are the celtics. Next year the with Perk out, and the big 3 getting a year older, and with boozer joining the bulls; the playing fields are now leveled.

Great things are expected of Rose and Rondo. Lets see who comes out on top.
Rondo hasn't statistically been better every season, at all. Compare Rose season 1-3 and Rondo season 1-3. And Rose is clearly better.

Why compare a guy with two more years of experience? On top of that handicap people give Rondo, Rose is still close if not better.

Yung D-Will
07-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Rondo hasn't statistically been better every season, at all. Compare Rose season 1-3 and Rondo season 1-3. And Rose is clearly better.

Why compare a guy with two more years of experience? On top of that handicap people give Rondo, Rose is still close if not better.

But I thought we were talking about who's better right now not in years 1-3?
:rolleyes:

Samvt
07-20-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll always view him as a wade clone that agrees to play the point.

OnceInADECADE
07-20-2010, 06:01 PM
I'll always view him as a wade clone that agrees to play the point.

Who is more athletic Wade or Rose? I give it to Rose

Yung D-Will
07-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Who is more athletic Wade or Rose? I give it to Rose

And who will always be the better player? I give it to Wade.

OnceInADECADE
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM

how do u no?

Yung D-Will
07-20-2010, 06:10 PM
how do u no?
How do you know Derrick Rose will be the best point guard
:confusedshrug:

The_Yearning
07-20-2010, 06:46 PM
He's already better then Deron Williams. That's for sure.

Only PG he is chasing is CPIII.

Pharcyde
07-20-2010, 06:48 PM
But I thought we were talking about who's better right now not in years 1-3?
:rolleyes:
Rose is still better.

Yung D-Will
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

OnceInADECADE
07-20-2010, 06:50 PM
How do you know Derrick Rose will be the best point guard
:confusedshrug:

Potential first of all. He has the most Potential out of anyone point guard

Rose
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM

You're funny. he's not better than Deron...yet.

8BeastlyXOIAD
12-12-2010, 02:07 PM
MASSIVE BUMP THREAD

BTW IF YOU Didnt know OnceInADECADE=8BeastlyXOIAD

BlueandGold
12-12-2010, 02:08 PM
lol @ onceinadecade's first account being banned, and then him making another one soon after.

8BeastlyXOIAD
12-12-2010, 02:09 PM
lol @ onceinadecade's first account being banned, and then him making another one soon after.
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

Glide2keva
12-12-2010, 03:46 PM
And he says he doesn't hate on Rose :rolleyes:

No, he's telling the truth.

MMM
12-12-2010, 11:14 PM
When Rondo can score like Rose.

Yes Rose is a superior scorer

When Rondo can drive like Rose

Rondo is a great driver in terms of looking to score or pass.

When Rondo can shoot a mid range jump shot like Rose

Rose is a better mid range shooter but Rondo's mid range shooting has improved and is shooting a comparable % to rose from mid range. Although obviously Rose takes quite a few more shots.

When Rondo can Run as fast as Rose

I can't really tell who is the faster player to be honest and that goes with a lot of PGs who are always in these conversations. IMO it seems to be that Rose is quicker but Rondo being faster.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-17-2011, 11:51 PM
check the date and ask yourself......................is OIAD Nostradamus?

bagelred
02-17-2011, 11:54 PM
:wtf:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-17-2011, 11:55 PM
:wtf:

BAGELRED ask yourself this question........is OIAD Nostradamus?

Go Getter
02-17-2011, 11:57 PM

Yeah like Chicagoans didn't figure this out until you did lmao.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah like Chicagoans didn't figure this out until you did lmao.

I made the thread first:cheers: :D

hkfosho
02-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Look at those fools in the first few pages :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: what a slap in the face

Go Getter
02-18-2011, 12:01 AM
I made the thread first:cheers: :D
I can show you a threads and pages from 2008 with me and my boys getting blasted for saying this lmao.

For a non Bulls fan though ill give you props.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:02 AM

2spg book it
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Not the 2spg thing thou:oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:03 AM
I can show you a threads and pages from 2008 with me and my boys getting blasted for saying this lmao.

For a non Bulls fan though ill give you props.

I appreciate it :cheers:

8BeastlyXOIAD
Look at those fools in the first few pages :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: what a slap in the face

yeah epically Yung-Dwill :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

That dude is nowhere to be found:roll: :roll:

bagelred

Nostradumbass ?

:roll: I'm just playing. :cheers:

Go Getter
02-18-2011, 12:08 AM
If they get a decent 2 guard out there with him it's gonna be scary for opposing teams.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:09 AM
If they get a decent 2 guard out there with him it's gonna be scary for opposing teams.

I can see them getting one in the near future

Nostradamus

Glide2keva
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
yeah epically Yung-Dwill :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

That dude is nowhere to be found:roll: :roll:
Yeah, where is dude anyway? He's been really quiet now that Rose has pit an emphatic end to that debate.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah, where is dude anyway? He's been really quiet now that Rose has pit an emphatic end to that debate.

Dude probably trying to create a new account? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yung-Rose I see coming around in the near future

Nostradamus

KingBeasley08
02-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Dude probably trying to create a new account? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yung-Rose I see coming around in the near future

Nostradamus
he hasnt been around cuz hes had a lot of school work or some shit

last time he popped up was to comment on sloans retirement

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:19 AM

thanks for the info

Gundress
02-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Derrick Rose = Allen Iverson

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Derrick Rose = Allen Iverson

Derrick Rose = Derrick Rose
Allen Iverson = Allen Iverson
Michael Beasley = Michael Beasley

Glide2keva
02-18-2011, 12:47 AM

I'm swamped with schoolwork too.

DeronMillsap
02-18-2011, 08:54 AM
:bowdown: BeasXOIAD!!!!!!

alenleomessi
02-18-2011, 09:22 AM
This

PoohRose
02-18-2011, 09:58 AM
What are next weeks lottery numbers ONCEINADECADE :cheers: :cheers: