PDA

View Full Version : Lebron to purchase a $49.5 million mansion in South beach

ashbelly
07-17-2010, 11:36 PM
What does a $110 million contract buy a person these days?

Apparently a lot of house.

A real lot of house.

Life & Style is reporting that LeBron James, who recently signed a six-year, $110 million deal with the Miami Heat, has started the paperwork to buy a $49.5 million mansion in the most expensive portion of Coral Gables, Fla. The home was once owned by Pat Riley, and was taken off the market shortly after "The Decision."

The home is the most expensive in Coral Gables, according to Life & Style, and features:

* eight bedrooms and 11 bathrooms;

* 880 feet of waterfront on Biscayne Bay;

* a master suite with a full gym;

* a private guest suite with its own tennis court and courtyard on an acre of land.

* a 150-foot dock

Taxes are about $1 million per year, with an additional $150,000 price tag for utilities. South Florida auto magnate Alan Potamkin owns the home, and he has listed the home for $49.5 million.

Life & Style reports it's a "slam dunk" the home will soon belong to James.

nevetslc88
07-17-2010, 11:37 PM
already stalking dang.

NotYetGreat
07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
8 bedrooms? For who?

crisoner
07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Oh my god this means he is probably going to the Heat!

Really dude this is news because?

cotdt
07-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Whoa even for Lebron that's quite expensive.

mattevans11
07-17-2010, 11:45 PM
wasnt he going to be the first billionare athlete? not with purchases like this!!!!!

pete's montreux
07-17-2010, 11:45 PM
What an amateur. :rolleyes:

Who buys a $50 million dollar house? Especially an athlete? Money's not going to be rolling in forever, sonny. If I was him [and I am, surprise!] I'd rent a pent-house suite in a 5-star hotel and invest the rest. Future, kiddos!

ashbelly
07-17-2010, 11:46 PM

Who buys a $50 million dollar house? Especially an athlete? Money's not going to be rolling in forever, sonny. If I was him [and I am, surprise!] I'd rent a pent-house suite in a 5-star hotel and invest the rest. Future, kiddos!

I wouldn't be surprised if he's paying way below what is being said. The Mansion was owned by pat riley :confusedshrug:

boozehound
07-17-2010, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's paying way below what is being said. The Mansion was owned by pat riley :confusedshrug:
and its not south beach, its coral gaybles

NuggetsFan
07-17-2010, 11:52 PM

I'm sure LeBron probably knows how to handle that type of money better than yourself considering you probably don't have that type of money and for someone like LeBron? money is most likely going to be rolling in forever.

mattevans11
07-17-2010, 11:52 PM

said it was once owned by riley... not sure if it means that riley is the current owner... either way... riley is not gonna hook him up with THAT MUCH of a deal....... its not like riles is gonna say "here bron have this place for half its calue"

Papaya Petee
07-17-2010, 11:53 PM
The guy will make 110mil in 6 years, without crazy endorsment money, plus already made 3 times as more as that being in Cleveland, the guys set for life. 49.5 MIL is insane to us, but not to him.

midatlantic09
07-17-2010, 11:56 PM
What does he need a $50 million house for? He's rich, but he's not THAT rich. Even billionaires (like Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, investor Warren Buffet, and numerous hedge fund founders) don't live in $50 million houses and those guys are worth like 100-500x what Lebron is worth. He should just buy a $10 million house and call it a day; this purchase is definitely excessive for a guy who probably doesn't even have $200 million in the bank.

RoseCity07
07-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Honestly, I thought the House looked nice, but then the more I looked at it, not really for 50 million. I'd say it's worth about half that money, maybe less.

He's paying double for the location.

The house that Paul Allen just bought is a lot nicer for about half of the asking price.

Skywalker
07-17-2010, 11:57 PM
What does he need a $50 million house for? He's rich, but he's not THAT rich. Even billionaires (like Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and Warren Buffet, numerous hedge fund founders) don't live in $50 million houses and those guys are worth like 100-500x what Lebron is worth. He should just buy a $10 million house and call it a day; this purchase is definitely excessive.

Lebron prob thinkin go big or go back to Cleveland.

pete's montreux
07-18-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm sure LeBron probably knows how to handle that type of money better than yourself considering you probably don't have that type of money and for someone like LeBron? money is most likely going to be rolling in forever.

$50 million dollar house is retarded no matter who you are. You cannot convince me otherwise.

AK47DR91
07-18-2010, 12:04 AM
The guy will make 110mil in 6 years, without crazy endorsment money, plus already made 3 times as more as that being in Cleveland, the guys set for life. 49.5 MIL is insane to us, but not to him.

I don't think he takes in all that money. Dude will be paying some fees to his agent, his marketing team, his publicists, and even his homies, etc...

I wouldn't be shock if sometime down the road, 20-30 years from now, we get an MC Hammer type of story for LeBron. If he's not careful.

noob cake
07-18-2010, 12:06 AM
BronBron shouldn't be dropping $50m on houses without becoming a billionaire first.

midatlantic09
I don't think he takes in all that money. Dude will be paying some fees to his agent, his marketing team, his publicists, and even his homies, etc...

I wouldn't be shock if sometime down the road, 20-30 years from now, we get an MC Hammer type of story for LeBron. If he's not careful.

Correct. Lebron might GROSS $50 million a year, but that's definitely not his net income. I'd guess that after taxes, agent fees, publicists fees, etc, he probably NETS about $20-25 million a year.

Posterize246
"Got 11 bathrooms I could shit all day..."

wang4three
07-18-2010, 12:10 AM

If you were worried about the future, you wouldn't be renting.

ashbelly
07-18-2010, 12:11 AM
"Got 11 bathrooms I could shit all day..."
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

cotdt
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM

Look what happened to Wade. Wade is broke now after all those lawsuits against him.

NuggetsFan
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
$50 million dollar house is retarded no matter who you are. You cannot convince me otherwise.

Meh. It's not like he doesn't have the money to pull it off. It's not like he can't it's going to make him go broke or really matter in the long run.

Alot of the things people spend money on is retarded. If I have that type of money I'd rather have an extremely nice house to live in rather than overpaying for some tricked out vehicle. All a matter of opinion I suppose.

blaze_itt
07-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Correct. Lebron might GROSS $50 million a year, but that's definitely not his net income. I'd guess that after taxes, agent fees, publicists fees, etc, he probably NETS about $20-25 million a year.
tax on that house costs a million a year + more than $150k? in utilities.. DAMN.

mlh1981
07-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Hell of a place for some killer hide n' go seek.

D-Rose
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Hopefully he doesn't end up like Antoine Walker and blow his money on his posse and absurd real estate. The taxes on a house like this alone are staggering. I saw pics though from a link and its crazy.

Fallguy20
07-18-2010, 12:36 AM
What recession?

J_Rock3ts
07-18-2010, 12:42 AM
On Friday, WEEI reported LeBron put an offer down on the estate long before "The Decision." So much for him waking up that morning and making that decision.

Duranthebest
What an idiot.

TrueRob
I wonder if he has 50 million on hand, or does he have to take out a loan and pay interest. It seems like a lot of rich folk take out loans for these types of extravagant purchases.

ImmortalD24
07-18-2010, 12:45 AM

A real lot of house.

Life & Style is reporting that LeBron James, who recently signed a six-year, $110 million deal with the Miami Heat, has started the paperwork to buy a $49.5 million mansion in the most expensive portion of Coral Gables, Fla. The home was once owned by Pat Riley, and was taken off the market shortly after "The Decision."

The home is the most expensive in Coral Gables, according to Life & Style, and features:

* a private guest suite with its own tennis court and courtyard on an acre of land.

* a 150-foot dock

Taxes are about $1 million per year, with an additional $150,000 price tag for utilities. South Florida auto magnate Alan Potamkin owns the home, and he has listed the home for $49.5 million.

Life & Style reports it's a "slam dunk" the home will soon belong to James.How does Pat Riley afford a $49.5 million dollar home?

El Kabong
07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
How does Pat Riley afford a $49.5 million dollar home?
Probably didn't cost that much when he bought it.

Kobe Jnr
07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Forbes say he made around 40 million last year...

plus all the other years..

pete's montreux
07-18-2010, 12:48 AM
If you were worried about the future, you wouldn't be renting.

You really think I'd rent for the rest of my life? The total cost of rent for a year would be less than the taxes he pays on his fifty million dollar home.

Doranku
07-18-2010, 12:56 AM
At least there are plenty of showers where Gloria can smash the homies in.

Tito Beasley
07-18-2010, 12:57 AM

No, it is still insane for him. Not saying it will bankrupt him, but it is a huge commitment nonetheless. I don't know much about Lebron's other expenditures, i.e. whether he has a pricey car collection or whether he's jewelry crazy and all that. Yeah, Lebron does make wild dough, but even still.... he doesn't own McDonalds or Wal Mart. That's the kind of person that would pay 49M for a house.

snipes12
07-18-2010, 01:01 AM
no, its part of the package of what heat did offer him , they just made up this news so they could avoid legal issues

Chalkmaze
07-18-2010, 01:05 AM
How does Pat Riley afford a $49.5 million dollar home?

That ****er is smart, he made several million just off of copyrighting the word's "Three Peat". You and I could have easily could have done the same thing and made a few million to put in our own bank account.

Funnyfuka
07-18-2010, 01:06 AM
if he doesnt know what to do with his millions just send em to me ffs. 50 n house? what for? uterly retarded. Nice planning to buy it long before the "decision"...who does he thinks he s kidding here.

strike first
07-18-2010, 01:08 AM
way overboard :roll: :roll:

Pinkhearts
07-18-2010, 01:10 AM
I dunno how much he makes on his endorsements, but he is splashing almost all his after tax earnings on salary on this house. He'll be one of those who go broke after retirement.

MeLO MvP 15
07-18-2010, 01:13 AM
he also has a house in the suburbs area...

yeaaaman
No, it is still insane for him. Not saying it will bankrupt him, but it is a huge commitment nonetheless. I don't know much about Lebron's other expenditures, i.e. whether he has a pricey car collection or whether he's jewelry crazy and all that. Yeah, Lebron does make wild dough, but even still.... he doesn't own McDonalds or Wal Mart. That's the kind of person that would pay 49M for a house.

That is an insane amount of money but I'm not sure it's as big as some people on here are making it out to be. This guys is looking to become a billonaire athlete, granted it hasn't happened yet but he has the chance to make it there or somewhere close. And let's not forget, I'm sure he pays big coin for financial advisors who's knowledge on his earnings and expenditure far outstretch the knowledge of some of our very own ISH experts.

rezznor
while i agree i think 50 mil is too much, he does have warren buffet on speed dial so i'm assuming he will be ok.

Positive
07-18-2010, 01:19 AM
I wonder if he has 50 million on hand, or does he have to take out a loan and pay interest. It seems like a lot of rich folk take out loans for these types of extravagant purchases.

you ever hear of a mortgage, that's how most people pay for homes. Most people don't pay in full for their house at the time of purchase...

wang4three
07-18-2010, 01:23 AM
You really think I'd rent for the rest of my life? The total cost of rent for a year would be less than the taxes he pays on his fifty million dollar home.

I'm not implying that this house purchase was smart, but renting when he has that much money wouldn't be smart as well.

TrueRob
07-18-2010, 01:51 AM
you ever hear of a mortgage, that's how most people pay for homes. Most people don't pay in full for their house at the time of purchase...

Most people try to finish paying for their homes before they retire. A lot of athletes retire before they finish paying off their loans. That's one of the reasons why a lot of them go broke.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 01:58 AM

This.

He gets financial advice form Warren Buffet.

/thread.

chopchop20
07-18-2010, 02:01 AM

A real lot of house.

* a 150-foot dock

Life & Style reports it's a "slam dunk" the home will soon belong to James.

What a Luck Bas.tard! :oldlol:

In a way, I'm glad that LeBron is doing his thing. I think the guy obviously wanted out of the Midwest at all costs. After growing up in Akron and playing in Cleveland, I understand that.

Lakers have unfinished business though... 2 more in a row and a 4-peat would be other-worldly. Hope it happens... after that, Lebron can get a few

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 02:04 AM
This.

/thread.

Warren Buffet isn't hardly thinking or worried about Lebron James. In the grand scheme of things, Lebron is very small potatoes when compared to those in Buffet's circle. That said, I highly doubt Buffet is Lebron's top financial advisor. Why would a guy worth $40 BILLION waste his time on a guy who doesn't even have $200 mil in the bank and who probably won't even crack the Forbes 400 list ever? Let's use some logic here.

Also, if buying a $50 million house is such a prudent financial decision, why don't Buffet and numerous other BILLIONAIRES live in one? Think about it...

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 02:08 AM
He can pay that off with his endorsemernt deals and still have hundreds of millions to spare idk why people are hating if they had as much money as Lebron they'd slurge too.

It's only stupid if he ends up broke but as of right now 49.5 mil is nothing when you've been in the NBA for 7 years and just signed 100 mil + contract.

Scribbles
07-18-2010, 02:08 AM
50M is insane.

Anyone have pictures of that house?

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 02:13 AM
He can pay that off with his endorsemernt deals and still have hundreds of millions to spare idk why people are hating if they had as much money as Lebron they'd slurge too.

It's only stupid if he ends up broke but as of right now 49.5 mil is nothing when you've been in the NBA for 7 years and just signed 100 mil + contract.

Thanks for your two cents, but I'm almost certain you know nothing about investments. If you do some research, you'll find that the people buying $50 million houses are almost always billionaires who can buy the property outright, not NBA ball players with a contract and some endorsements that net them $20-25 million per year (Lebron doesn't net $50 million/yr). Hopefully, he doesn't end up like MC Hammer, Antoine Walker, Lenny Dystra, Scottie Pippen, Iverson, etc.

It's an unwise financial decision for a guy who hasn't reached billionaire level yet.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 02:15 AM
Warren Buffet isn't hardly thinking or worried about Lebron James. In the grand scheme of things, Lebron is very small potatoes when compared to those in Buffet's circle. That said, I highly doubt Buffet is Lebron's top financial advisor. Why would a guy worth $40 BILLION waste his time on a guy who doesn't even have $200 mil in the bank and who probably won't even crack the Forbes 400 list ever? Let's use some logic here.

Also, if buying a $50 million house is such a prudent financial decision, why don't Buffet and numerous other BILLIONAIRES live in one? Think about it...

I don't pretend to know as much as you do.

All I do know fore sure is that he and Warren are on good terms and he met with him to plan his financial future.

That doesn't sound like a young man who takes his finances lightly.

From what I've heard and seen they are on good terms and he has his number for financial advice.

What you speculated is totally made up....where is it written that Buffet can only care about or give advice to people that have around 40 billion?

How do you know he and Lebron don't share an admiration for each other's talents?

Scoooter
07-18-2010, 02:16 AM
It's probably hideous. 35 million sq. foot McMansion loaded with beige marble and Corinthian columns. Blech.

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 02:19 AM
I don't pretend to know as much as you do.

All I do know fore sure is that he and Warren are on good terms and he met with him to plan his financial future.

I'm 99.9998% sure that Warren Buffet did not advise Lebron to purchase a $50 million house in Miami.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 02:19 AM
Thanks for your two cents, but I'm almost certain you know nothing about investments. If you do some research, you'll find that the people buying $50 million houses are almost always billionaires who can buy the property outright, not NBA ball players with a contract and some endorsements that net them $20-25 million per year (Lebron doesn't net $50 million/yr). Hopefully, he doesn't end up like MC Hammer, Antoine Walker, Lenny Dystra, Scottie Pippen, Iverson, etc.

It's an unwise financial decision for a guy who hasn't reached billionaire level yet.

I'm pretty certain that you don't have a 49.5 million dollar house and an escrow/portfolio to die for either.

Bron has made more than 50 million from Nike already. He is worth more than a couple hundred million with more money coming in.

He is the one putting his knees, ankle and back on the line so if he wants to spend big on a mansion that's his M.O.

How are you going to say it's not 'wise?'

Because it's too rich for your blood?

Odds are that Bron has his finances under control and WON'T go broke unless he gambles, uses drugs, or gives too much away.

Other than that he'll be fine.

You think you have a better financial mind than his advisor and Warren Buffet?

GTFOH son.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm 99.9998% sure that Warren Buffet did not advise Lebron to purchase a $50 million house in Miami.

Where did I say that Warren advised him to do that?

How much is your house supposed to cost in relation to your net worth Mr. Financial Guru?

How much has Lebron made in endorsements?

I bet you he could pay for the house in Vitamin Water, Sprite, and Bubble Yum money.

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 02:23 AM
Bron has made more than 50 million from Nike already. He is worth more than a couple hundred million with more money coming in.

Yes, he's GROSSED more than $50 million from Nike already, not NETTED. Gross and net are not the same thing. I'm sure he has grossed over $200-250 million since his career began, but the idea of him having a couple hundred million sitting around is ridiculous. I don't think you factored in taxes, agent fees, publicist fees, etc.

While we're at it, find me someone with a net worth of less than $500 million who lives in a $50 million house.

yeaaaman
07-18-2010, 02:33 AM
Yes, he's GROSSED more than $50 million from Nike already, not NETTED. Gross and net are not the same thing. I'm sure he has grossed over $200-250 million since his career began, but the idea of him having a couple hundred million sitting around is ridiculous. I don't think you factored in taxes, agent fees, publicist fees, etc.

While we're at it, find me someone with a net worth of less than $500 million who lives in a $50 million house.

Why would anyone look that up when we have you to assure us that this is a horrible financial decision and that he's going to go broke. You know more about his financial situation than he and his advisors, so we don't need any outside information, just your testimony

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 02:35 AM
Why would anyone look that up when we have you to assure us that this is a horrible financial decision and that he's going to go broke. You know more about his financial situation than he and his advisors, so we don't need any outside information, just your testimony

I'm sure Antoine Walker, Scottie Pippen, Iverson, Lenny Dykstra, Mike Tyson, MC Hammer, Eddy Curry, Latrell Spreewell, Derrick Coleman, etc. all had great financial advisors who made sure they made excellent financial decisions. Bron Bron can do no wrong.

whoartthou
07-18-2010, 02:36 AM
lebrons a f*king idiot for purchasing a house that costs that much.

cavsfanatic
07-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Lebron made 44 million last year and 40 the year before. That's nothin to that fool

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 02:57 AM

People mortgage houses that cost more than what they earn in a year and Lebron could buy his house outright if he really, raelly wanted to.

If he doesn't go crazy on bling, cars, gambling, drugs, and women he will be fine.

And I think he's made more than 50 mil from Nike.

Add that to his other endorsements and he can buy the house without touching basketball money.

SinJackal
07-18-2010, 03:04 AM
wasnt he going to be the first billionare athlete? not with purchases like this!!!!!

The value of the mansion is considered to be part of his "net worth", so he wouldn't actually need 1 billion in liquid cash. It's cash + assets = 1 billion to be a billionare.

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 03:10 AM
People mortgage houses that cost more than what they earn in a year and Lebron could buy his house outright if he really, raelly wanted to.

He's cutting it awfully close and for no good reason. Even Shaq, aka Mr. $885k/month in ridiculous expenses, didn't splurge on a $50 million house in Miami.

bdreason
07-18-2010, 03:12 AM
I wish I was his real estate agent. A commission on a deal like that would range anywhere from 500,000 to 2 million.

I've been in real estate for 6 years and my largest commission was ~100,000. :cry:

GOAT24
07-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Google maps of the house

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/alan-potamkins-house/view/?service=1

http://www.cggazette.com/upload/public/n_1532_1.jpg

http://www.cggazette.com/upload/public/n_1532_2.jpg

http://www.cggazette.com/upload/public/n_1532_3.jpg

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 03:14 AM
He's cutting it awfully close and for no good reason. Even Shaq, aka Mr. $885k/month in expenses, didn't splurge on a $50 million house in Miami.

A good reason to me or you doesn't really mean spit in Lebron's life.

Of all the things you could splurge on with your wealth; house in a great location....I can see it.

GOAT24
07-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Wade doesnt even have waterfront

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/dwyane-wades-house/view/?service=1

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/d-wade-house-1-17-09.jpg

pete's montreux
07-18-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm not implying that this house purchase was smart, but renting when he has that much money wouldn't be smart as well.

Fair enough. I would rent a pent-house suite myself, but a modest $5-10 million dollar home is certainly not bad, either. I just can't fathom the thought of someone paying $50 million for a home already built. If I'm paying that much, I'm designing a new one.

heyhey
07-18-2010, 03:45 AM
Over and under on six years after retirement before the King goes broke and does car dealer commercials in Akron to make ends meet. But hey there's always a space in Delonte's entourage for Gloria...

InsideGame
07-18-2010, 03:51 AM
You guys are idiots... he's doing this for tax relief. Obviously this house is going to be on a loan... smart move if he doesn't plan on investing on others where he expects a loss.

My parents company purchased land in temecula as "storage"/farm land, the company gets tax breaks because of loss from the farm which takes care of the tax from the profit made from the actual company itself.

DuMa
07-18-2010, 03:56 AM
still not a big enough house to hold his ego :sleeping :sleeping

momo
07-18-2010, 03:59 AM

Twan? Is that you?

momo
07-18-2010, 04:08 AM
http://www.positivenation.co.uk/issue120/pics/Cover1.jpg

NuggetsFan
07-18-2010, 04:12 AM
Twan? Is that you?

Comparing someone who was irrelevant when he stepped off the court to someone like LeBron? not to mention wasn't even close to as marketable among other things.

If he couldn't pull this type of move off than he simply wouldn't be doing it. There's a reason he's thinking about buying this because he simply can. It might not be the smartest purchase but whatever.

I'd put money down LeBron doesn't go broke.

Big One
07-18-2010, 04:16 AM
i dont see what all the big fuss is about, you guys make it seem as if that spends 50 million on this house, its like 50 million dollars that he can never get back.

buying a house is an investment, and eventually if he wanted to sell the house he could get roughly the same amount of money back if not more a few years down the line.

i dont see how this is a complete waste, its not like buying a big mac for 50 million where you eat it once then hit it out and you lose that money.:confusedshrug:

Kobe Jnr
07-18-2010, 04:22 AM
How did Pat Riley own that?

InsideGame
07-18-2010, 04:24 AM
i dont see what all the big fuss is about, you guys make it seem as if that spends 50 million on this house, its like 50 million dollars that he can never get back.

buying a house is an investment, and eventually if he wanted to sell the house he could get roughly the same amount of money back if not more a few years down the line.

i dont see how this is a complete waste, its not like buying a big mac for 50 million where you eat it once then hit it out and you lose that money.:confusedshrug:

You're either an idiot, or nicholas cage's real estate agent

brantonli
07-18-2010, 05:05 AM

True, but:

Riley doesn't own it anymore. Although I suppose he could've made connections with Potamkin and persuaded him to use the house as an additional attraction for James (not that he needed any more).

Andrei89
07-18-2010, 05:13 AM
Look what happened to Wade. Wade is broke now after all those lawsuits against him.

he got 110 mil deal + endorsement. He will pick it back up

InsideGame
07-18-2010, 05:26 AM
he got 110 mil deal + endorsement. He will pick it back up

thats not the point stan

kap
07-18-2010, 05:54 AM

he will be a billionaire considering not just the amount of cash he has in a bank account, but how much he is worth (companies, property, money, etc)

CLTHornets4eva
07-18-2010, 05:59 AM

1 Million in Taxes on the home alone is extremely high. It is obviously supplementing the no FLA income tax. Plus in FLA a home cannot be taken in bankruptcy because of the Homestead Act. Surely the home was sold for 75% of the listing price, maybe even less. Most other cities I would agree to buy a condo, but in a city like MIA beachfront is key. Watch out for the hurricanes- Maybe Dan Gilbert can pray for one; but his prayers dont usually work out too well.

strifed169
07-18-2010, 06:11 AM
lbj isnt just a basketball superstar, he's a celebrity, known worldwide and has superpower endorcements, the guy is set for life. the house he bought, 50m, is chump change compared to other celebrity mansions, that average around 150-200m.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 06:16 AM
lbj isnt just a basketball superstar, he's a celebrity, known worldwide and has superpower endorcements, the guy is set for life. the house he bought, 50m, is chump change compared to other celebrity mansions, that average around 150-200m.

But he's black and plays basketball so he doesn't deserve to spend his fortune on a nice house he should live modestly and put the money in his coffin.

Jasi
07-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Sh!t, I liked that house for my August vacations.
Should have been quicker.

Pinkhearts
07-18-2010, 07:23 AM
You realised he spent almost all his money he is going to earn from his contract for the next 6 years on this house right?

So now he's only living on sponsorship money. God knows if that can last for the rest of his life.

Why did he bother signing this contract here anyway? If he stayed and Cleveland he can stay at his house and get a free $120mil that he doesnt have to spend on a house...

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 07:30 AM
You realised he spent almost all his money he is going to earn from his contract for the next 6 years on this house right?

So now he's only living on sponsorship money. God knows if that can last for the rest of his life.

Why did he bother signing this contract here anyway? If he stayed and Cleveland he can stay at his house and get a free $120mil that he doesnt have to spend on a house...

And whatever will he do? How will he live off of the millions he made in Cleveland, his endorsements, and the 40 mil left as far as his Miami contract?

O woe is Lebron....

Pinkhearts
07-18-2010, 07:47 AM
And whatever will he do? How will he live off of the millions he made in Cleveland, his endorsements, and the 40 mil left as far as his Miami contract?

O woe is Lebron....

He can easily spend his money wisely and buy a reasonable house and still have enough money to maintain his current lifestyle for the rest of his life.

Currently, he is spending all his Miami contract money on this house. He will have almost none left after income tax. So if he has to survive after he retires, he has to scale back on his lifestyle. So the point is why not live within your means now and not have to scale back in the future?

Steve212
07-18-2010, 08:03 AM
That's a good look. Waterfront home. :cheers:

plowking
07-18-2010, 08:09 AM
He can easily spend his money wisely and buy a reasonable house and still have enough money to maintain his current lifestyle for the rest of his life.

Currently, he is spending all his Miami contract money on this house. He will have almost none left after income tax. So if he has to survive after he retires, he has to scale back on his lifestyle. So the point is why not live within your means now and not have to scale back in the future?

He has a $50 mil home as investment... Which he probably bought for say $35 after haggling... Give it a few years, he'll sell it for $50 mil...

Give house prices time, and all they'll do is go up.

Take Your Lumps
07-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Wade doesnt even have waterfront

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/dwyane-wades-house/view/?service=1

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/d-wade-house-1-17-09.jpg

Can you imagine being D-Wade....surfing around the net...and seeing aerial high-resolution photos of your family's home posted on an NBA internet message board? Shit would creep me the **** out.....

w00terz
07-18-2010, 08:35 AM
ITT: People acting like they are financial advisors and explain how LeBron cannot afford to purchase this house.

Shax
07-18-2010, 08:59 AM
People thinking Lebron can't pay for this? :lol The dude is rolling in money from endorsements as others have said.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 09:09 AM

Dude is worth almost around 400 mil....50 million is affordable for him....he can move into a smaller house after his playing days are over.

His money. His house. His future.

Odds are he will be fine....

SevereUpInHere
07-18-2010, 09:30 AM
At least there are plenty of showers where Gloria can smash the homies in.
:roll: :roll:

Pinkhearts
07-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Dude is worth almost around 400 mil....50 million is affordable for him....he can move into a smaller house after his playing days are over.

His money. His house. His future.

Odds are he will be fine....

Thing is sport athletes rarely downgrade their lifestyles. Once you've tasted the top, it's hard to go down below....

Rather than move to a smaller house in the future why not move down now?

Yeah his future. Just like the futures of 60% of basketball players who go broke.

Clifton
07-18-2010, 10:40 AM
If I was him [and I am, surprise!] I'd rent a pent-house suite in a 5-star hotel and invest the rest. Future, kiddos!
If you were him, you'd spend a lot of money on something and not own it at the end of the day? If you were him, you'd turn down the chance to take a $50 million mansion at the absolute nadir of real estate values, make it Lebron James' house, and flip it when he's tired of it? This house could be worth way, way more than $50 million once he's won a half-dozen championships. And there's always some sucker out there who thinks he needs a $50 million house.

That said, Lebron is a huge douche, and I mean that. There was never a bigger ego on the face of the earth. The reason I don't mind it that much is that in the basketball court, he makes his teammates better and passes to them when he should. And I don't know or care about him really as a person.

But what a douche.

I read somewhere sometime that Tim Duncan used to drive home after winning Finals MVP in a Saturn. A Saturn. That's what I'm *talking* about. You don't have to be insane like that, but come on Bron, a $50 million mansion? 11 bathrooms? For whose use, Bron? For whose use?

Steve212
07-18-2010, 10:42 AM
Bron can sell the house(s) he has in Akroon also.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Thing is sport athletes rarely downgrade their lifestyles. Once you've tasted the top, it's hard to go down below....

Rather than move to a smaller house in the future why not move down now?

Yeah his future. Just like the futures of 60% of basketball players who go broke.

They go broke trying to keep up with Lebron, Kobe, and the like.

Twan went broke gambling with MJ, giving money away, and by making unwise investments.

Lebron can afford a house that expensive. Don't be mad if his values are different than yours.

Dude can't go out and enjoy himself without getting mobbed....I'd buy a swanky house too if I was him.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 10:46 AM
If you were him, you'd spend a lot of money on something and not own it at the end of the day? If you were him, you'd turn down the chance to take a $50 million mansion at the absolute nadir of real estate values, make it Lebron James' house, and flip it when he's tired of it? This house could be worth way, way more than $50 million once he's won a half-dozen championships. And there's always some sucker out there who thinks he needs a $50 million house.

That said, Lebron is a huge douche, and I mean that. There was never a bigger ego on the face of the earth. The reason I don't mind it that much is that in the basketball court, he makes his teammates better and passes to them when he should. And I don't know or care about him really as a person.

But what a douche.

I read somewhere sometime that Tim Duncan used to drive home after winning Finals MVP in a Saturn. A Saturn. That's what I'm *talking* about. You don't have to be insane like that, but come on Bron, a $50 million mansion? 11 bathrooms? For whose use, Bron? For whose use?

If I was rich as lebron id have family living with me...aunts, cousins, mom, friends....who knows how many mouths he feeds.

LA_Showtime
07-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Wow; those athletes make too much money. Even worse, they spend their money on the stupidest shit. Who the hell needs 4 swimming pools, 25 bathrooms, a 50 car garage, and 3 kitchens?

Samvt
07-18-2010, 10:57 AM
in a year or two when the south florida real estate is booming he's going to look very good holding a 75 million dollar house. Buying houses in south florida is a good investment right now if you can afford to hold it for a year or two...

The_Yearning
07-18-2010, 11:40 AM
This N!GGA is done for...

OneMoreSucka
07-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Lebron going to play for THE U

ReturnofJPR
07-18-2010, 12:03 PM
With moves like this, it is no wonder so many NBA athletes go broke.

Clifton
07-18-2010, 12:08 PM
If I was rich as lebron id have family living with me...aunts, cousins, mom, friends....who knows how many mouths he feeds.
That's a good point, and I feel kind of stupid that hadn't occurred to me. Actually the reason it probably hadn't occurred to me is that considering it's Lebron James it hadn't occurred to me that he was thinking of someone other than himself. I thought he was just going to have parties every night and the bedrooms would be occupied by supermodels.

Living Being
07-18-2010, 12:09 PM

A real lot of house.

You came up with this journalistic language all by yourself? Impressive.

GOBB
07-18-2010, 12:10 PM
With moves like this, it is no wonder so many NBA athletes go broke.

Says the guy who told ISH he bought his dream house for $400,000. :oldlol:

GOBB
07-18-2010, 12:14 PM
That's a good point, and I feel kind of stupid that hadn't occurred to me. Actually the reason it probably hadn't occurred to me is that considering it's Lebron James it hadn't occurred to me that he was thinking of someone other than himself. I thought he was just going to have parties every night and the bedrooms would be occupied by supermodels.

Why would you want family to live with you?

ReturnofJPR
07-18-2010, 12:14 PM

Unlike your Momma, his Mother is not a crackhead prostitute. That's why. :lol

midatlantic09
07-18-2010, 12:57 PM

O woe is Lebron....

I'm convinced that you have the mindset of a poor person. Similiar to a poor person who just won the $200 million lottery.

OneMoreSucka
07-18-2010, 01:00 PM
ITT: people who know nothing about real estate

IBrickShots
07-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Daammmm man after his contract ends he better sell it cause its gonna be worth more then $50 mill but what rich man out there is going to but let say after 6 years it $80 mill house? He is going to be the next Shimmy Walker.

goldenryan
07-18-2010, 01:39 PM

yeah the money doesnt stop rolling for someone who's smart and/or talented.
unfortunately bron is only good @ basketball. he won't have b-ball past the age of 38 or so.

ask this guy

http://minorityfortune.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/antoinewalker2.jpg

joyner82
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
LOL @ people claiming this is a good investment. It's a 50 million dollar house you imbeciles, there is no market for this type of home. This was an incredibly dumb purchase and given his expenses are likely $10 million~ per year for his posse/family not including random purchases, we could very well see LeBron broke within 25-30 years. LeBron has grossed around 250 million during his career thus far. After taxes/agent fee's that number is more like 140 million. Given his expenses there is no way he is not financing this house as he can't afford to pay straight cash for it. But for fun let's just say he bought it straight cash.

Cars/Jewelry/Clothes/Travel expenses/family/friends @ 10 million per year over 7 years=70 million
50 million house=50 million

That's 120 million LeBron has spent which likely leaves him less than 40~ million. This guy is spending at an incredible rate which can only be described as reckless.

Given the taxes on this house/utilities/upkeep on this house is likely around 2 million/yr, this is one of the worst investments in history given LeBron's current net worth.

What if LeBron broke his spinal in a car accident tomorrow? Or had a career ending injury?

What's he going to do with a 50 million dollar house that he can no longer afford which has no market in any economy?

Athletes should really seek financial advisers who actually know wtf they're talking about.

Big One
07-18-2010, 02:44 PM

deltone west begs to differ

Big One
07-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Says the guy who told ISH he bought his dream house for $400,000. :oldlol:

says the 35 year old loser who doesnt even own a house and lives in his moms basement

Pinkhearts
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I'll actually like to know the education levels of people who are posting here. Methinks uneducated retards are the ones who are arguing for Lebron here. The guy just spent 6 years salary on a house where he might only have a 15 year career. Yea he probably won't go broke because of this alone, but seeing how he spents he certainly isn't too smart about spending on other things too.

PowerGlove
07-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Ummm.... wtf kind of house is 50 million in South Beach?

Seriously? Is this a real number? :oldlol:

rezznor
07-18-2010, 03:52 PM

instead, she gives it up to Delonte west for free

Clifton
07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I'll actually like to know the education levels of people who are posting here. Methinks uneducated retards are the ones who are arguing for Lebron here. The guy just spent 6 years salary on a house where he might only have a 15 year career. Yea he probably won't go broke because of this alone, but seeing how he spents he certainly isn't too smart about spending on other things too.
If he runs out of money, he can sell the house.

Get it?

For a significant profit.

Is it immoderate as hell and unecessary? Yes. Is Lebron thinking about anything besides having a big gaudy house? Probably not. But this in itself is not that bad a financial move. If he's bankrupt at 45 this won't be why.

I'm opposed to this kind of purchase in every possible way, *except* on financial grounds. The eyes of the world, of the rich, are on him. Perfect time to buy a big mansion and double its value.

rezznor
07-18-2010, 03:54 PM
LOL @ people claiming this is a good investment. It's a 50 million dollar house you imbeciles, there is no market for this type of home. This was an incredibly dumb purchase and given his expenses are likely $10 million~ per year for his posse/family not including random purchases, we could very well see LeBron broke within 25-30 years. LeBron has grossed around 250 million during his career thus far. After taxes/agent fee's that number is more like 140 million. Given his expenses there is no way he is not financing this house as he can't afford to pay straight cash for it. But for fun let's just say he bought it straight cash.

Cars/Jewelry/Clothes/Travel expenses/family/friends @ 10 million per year over 7 years=70 million
50 million house=50 million

That's 120 million LeBron has spent which likely leaves him less than 40~ million. This guy is spending at an incredible rate which can only be described as reckless.

Given the taxes on this house/utilities/upkeep on this house is likely around 2 million/yr, this is one of the worst investments in history given LeBron's current net worth.

What if LeBron broke his spinal in a car accident tomorrow? Or had a career ending injury?

What's he going to do with a 50 million dollar house that he can no longer afford which has no market in any economy?

Athletes should really seek financial advisers who actually know wtf they're talking about.

voice of reason

goldenryan
07-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Ummm.... wtf kind of house is 50 million in South Beach?

Seriously? Is this a real number? :oldlol:
yeah seriously. florida is a right to work state (no unions)

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2009/3/31/1238494715274/Flight-of-the-Conchords-001.jpg
why are we paying sooo much for houses when you have them made by illegal mexicans? what is you're overhead?

Pinkhearts
07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
If he runs out of money, he can sell the house.

Get it?

For a significant profit.

Is it immoderate as hell and unecessary? Yes. Is Lebron thinking about anything besides having a big gaudy house? Probably not. But this in itself is not that bad a financial move. If he's bankrupt at 45 this won't be why.

I'm opposed to this kind of purchase in every possible way, *except* on financial grounds. The eyes of the world, of the rich, are on him. Perfect time to buy a big mansion and double its value.

Smart people don't plan to sell their house when they run out of money. Smart people try to maintain their current sustainable lifestyles. Read the millionaire next door, it will educate your immature mind.

And you understand that the house is a liability right? He has to pay 1million in taxes as wells as maintenance money. And what if he can't sell the house? Not many people have $50 million lying around to buy it from Lebron. The house will continue to suck his money dry in taxes and maintenance. Chances are some smart rich investor will come in and "save" him from this financial blackhole by buying the house from him for cheap.

I have no idea how this house can double its value. It's not a house that your everyday man can afford. Lebron better start praying there will be some other billionaire who just happens to like Miami to take the house away from him because its as untradeable as a huge contract.

1~Gibson~1
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
call me a hater, but i never understood why athletes went off and bought 30 cars and 10 houses with 30 bedrooms per house :lol

*and no, this isnt a direct response to LeBron*

omarnyc
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
What does he need a $50 million house for? He's rich, but he's not THAT rich. Even billionaires (like Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, investor Warren Buffet, and numerous hedge fund founders) don't live in $50 million houses and those guys are worth like 100-500x what Lebron is worth. He should just buy a $10 million house and call it a day; this purchase is definitely excessive for a guy who probably doesn't even have $200 million in the bank.

thats why those guys are owners, lebron is a well paid employee. people look at these big contracts and assume these guys are gonna be rich forever but there are enough stories to prove otherwise.after taxes,agents,lawyers,homies,family,hoes and partying i doubt if lebron has 50 million in the bank

thesighter
07-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Very dumb move by Lebron, but then what do you expect from basketball players.

bluechox
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
each bedroom is for one bit*ch a night

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm convinced that you have the mindset of a poor person. Similiar to a poor person who just won the $200 million lottery.

My mom is set financially and sent me to a uppity boarding school with folks that like to look down on others like you.

Facts are that Lebron can afford the mansion, it isn't too expensive for him, it's his money to spend, and you're a condescending asshole.

I am not rich. I live within my means. I personally would never but a house that expensive no matter what.

But I, unlike you, recognize Lebron has the right & capability to buy what he wants, and know that arguably the nations top athlete gets better financial advice than you or I can meter out.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 06:31 PM

As big as that house is its not like youd notice that much. Id have a little penthouse apartment for myself, but id love to have a big ass house like that with my family man especially if I was an athlete that would he sick.

joyner82
07-18-2010, 06:33 PM
My mom is set financially and sent me to a unity boarding school with folks that like to look down on others like you.

Facts are that Lebron can afford the mansion, it isn't too expensive for him, it's his money to spend, and you're a condescending asshole.

I am not rich. I live within my means. I personally would never but a house that expensive no matter what.

But I, unlike you, recognize Lebron has the right & capability to buy what he wants, and know that arguably the nations top athlete gets better financial advice than you or I can meter out.

You're an idiot, LeBron cannot afford this house.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Lolwut?

So top flight real estate agents give the keys to mansions to 25 year old black men that can't afford them?

That's news to me.

You, my friend are the idiot. You and the clowns who think that since AI,Twan,and Pip went broke that LBJ will too.

Not saying that there is no chance he does go broke I'm saying you don't know what Lebron has in his portfolio, you dont know who is giving him financial advice.

All you guys knoe is he bought a big ass house that you can't afford so it must ne unreasonable.

If there was no market for this house then how did it get sold?

How much is the beqch front property worth?

How many people right now are paying the mortgage on a house that worth more than their savings? What is your house supposed to he worth compared to your savings as told by financial experts?

thejumpa
07-18-2010, 06:44 PM
To anyone saying LeBron can't afford this house, get a life. He has a ton of money and is due to get a ton more for at least the next 6 years. Furthermore, the rumor is he put an offer on the table. I highly doubt it is $50M....probably $5-10M less, depending on how long it's been on the market(I'm assuming a while). This dude is doing $30-50M a year and has been making big money since he was 18. He's paid and you are not.

Go Getter
07-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah because you are waaaaaaay smarter than the person that sold the house who probably just gave Lebron the keys without doing any research on whether it was feasible for him to buy it without going broke.

Magic Vinsanity
07-18-2010, 07:07 PM
If I paid $50 million for a house it better have built in orgasm machines that make me c.um with every step I take or that shit is overpriced!

CLTHornets4eva
07-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Can you imagine being D-Wade....surfing around the net...and seeing aerial high-resolution photos of your family's home posted on an NBA internet message board? Shit would creep me the **** out.....

I believe he sold this sold this house earlier this year.

adamcz
07-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Mansions like this seem like a frivolous expense to me. You can only sit in one room at a time. I understand the purpose of bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room... but why would I want to pay taxes on 25 extra rooms after that? Will I enjoy watching TV in the living room more just knowing that there are 40 other rooms in my house?

I'm not trying to play it off as if I would live in a trailer if I had his money - I would certainly want to live in a nice home - but this just seems like a lot of waste. Wasted tax money, wasted electricity, rooms that you pay people to clean but don't use, etc.

hawksdogsbraves
07-18-2010, 09:27 PM
What's the point of being the world's best basketball player if you aren't buying 50 million dollar houses on South Beach?

mattevans11
07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
The value of the mansion is considered to be part of his "net worth", so he wouldn't actually need 1 billion in liquid cash. It's cash + assets = 1 billion to be a billionare.

i really cant believe you think that having 50 mill in a house and 50 mill in the bank is the same thing.

i could live off of the interest from 50 mill in the bank FOR A LONG TIME....

there is no interest on the home, unless the value goes up, which i highly doubt a home at this price varies very much.

mattevans11
07-18-2010, 09:39 PM
he will be a billionaire considering not just the amount of cash he has in a bank account, but how much he is worth (companies, property, money, etc)

aother guy that does not understand interest......

50 mill in the bank or in otehr investments >>>>>>> 50 mill in a house

PowerGlove
07-18-2010, 09:42 PM
aother guy that does not understand interest......

50 mill in the bank or in otehr investments >>>>>>> 50 mill in a house
we understand that, but it is not as bad as others make it out to be. no matter what, that house is in prime real-estate and for that price, it has to be a waterfront property. that house is going to hold its value.

he isnt going to be making any money, but if that's what he wants, what can we say?

yobore
07-18-2010, 09:50 PM
This is a house not a car. Probably at its lowest value right now anyways

mattevans11
07-18-2010, 09:57 PM
This is a house not a car. Probably at its lowest value right now anyways

im guessing with a house like this that it almost loses value from owner to owner.....

there are only a few guys that could even think of getting into this place.

i think bron is in this group of people that can afford it, but does not make it a smart move.

who really knows what the real details are or what brons plans with the place are, but the taxes and utilities is the true money pit part of this.

mattevans11
07-18-2010, 10:00 PM
we understand that, but it is not as bad as others make it out to be. no matter what, that house is in prime real-estate and for that price, it has to be a waterfront property. that house is going to hold its value.

he isnt going to be making any money, but if that's what he wants, what can we say?

sorry glove but these post by these two guys were in response for my initial post of " for a billionaire wannabe, this was an odd decision",

i dont think it is as bad as others are saying, but seems like a whole lot of money to put out there.....

i agree that bron can and will do what he wants..... but somehow this got this many replies and has more to do with bron haters than actually people looking at it financially....so whatever!!!!

flipogb
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
lol, he wants to be like MC Hammer

http://cdn.concreteloop.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/espy7.jpg

BRabbiT
07-18-2010, 10:26 PM
http://www.alexshay.com/listings/uploads/M1311206_101_49.jpg
http://www.alexshay.com/listings/uploads/M1311206_401_73.jpg

http://www.alexshay.com/listings/uploads/M1311206_301_13.jpg

http://www.alexshay.com/listings/uploads/M1311206_801_18.jpg

http://www.alexshay.com/listings/uploads/M1311206_A01_22.jpg

http://www.alexshay.com/listings/uploads/M1311206_501_76.jpg
http://www.alexshay.com/listings/propertylistings.asp?propertyID=297

:ohwell: :ohwell:

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Lolwut?

So top flight real estate agents give the keys to mansions to 25 year old black men that can't afford them?

That's news to me.

You, my friend are the idiot. You and the clowns who think that since AI,Twan,and Pip went broke that LBJ will too.

Not saying that there is no chance he does go broke I'm saying you don't know what Lebron has in his portfolio, you dont know who is giving him financial advice.

All you guys knoe is he bought a big ass house that you can't afford so it must ne unreasonable.

How much is the beqch front property worth?

How many people right now are paying the mortgage on a house that worth more than their savings? What is your house supposed to he worth compared to your savings as told by financial experts?

Well now I know you're ignorant and not well educated.

So top flight real estate agents give the keys to mansions to 25 year old black men that can't afford them? YES. Heard of the sub-prime crisis? Agents do not care whether you can afford the house as long as they get their commission. If Lebron wants to buy 100 peanuts from me for 100 million I'll sell them to him right now. I don't care if he goes broke 5 years from now due to it. If you haven't heard of this you've been living in a shell.

There is NO market for this house. It isn't sold until Lebron bought it.

And you're saying that people paying for a mortgage worth more their savings (whatever that means) justifies that Lebron should be spending all his money on a house. You sir are not smart at all. There is no talking to you.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 05:45 AM

So top flight real estate agents give the keys to mansions to 25 year old black men that can't afford them? YES. Heard of the sub-prime crisis? Agents do not care whether you can afford the house as long as they get their commission. If Lebron wants to buy 100 peanuts from me for 100 million I'll sell them to him right now. I don't care if he goes broke 5 years from now due to it. If you haven't heard of this you've been living in a shell.

And you're saying that people paying for a mortgage worth more their savings (whatever that means) justifies that Lebron should be spending all his money on a house. You sir are not smart at all. There is no talking to you.

Did I say it was smart?

Tell me where I said it is smart to spend all that money on a house.

I said it was his choice, that he could afford it, and that if he doesn't go crazy spending, gambling, drugging, or giving, that he would be fine.

Personally I wouldn't do it but I can't hate on him for doing what he wants.

-------------

With that aside you my friend are an idiot if you think a 25 year old black man is not going to be looked at and have his finances approved/glanced over before he is given the keys to a house of that magnitude.

You're a dumbass if you let your merchandise/house go without knowing whether or not Lebron will be in jail or bankrupt in a few years.

Don't they check your financial statements and make sure your FICA is straight, get some references, income estimates [well in Lebron's case references might not be needed], etc?

Or do they just say "hey, here comes Lebron lets give him the keys to a mansion because he's a basketball player."

You tell me how it goes genius.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 05:49 AM

If Lebron bought a house that someone used to live in then there is a market for the house....a small one...but to say there is NO market for a house that's in the process of being sold is you being ignorant and arrogant.

It's freaking beach front property...who knows what he will do...maybe buy up the surrounding land and build high-end condos.

Fact is that Lebron has a team of advisors that are smarter than you.

You can't handle the fact that the brother made it big and is doing what he wants.

Bottom line is that he bought the house, he's still filthy rich, and us arguing about it stupid in itself.

Good day to you sir.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 05:52 AM

How much is the beach front property worth?

novocaine
07-19-2010, 05:53 AM
if he wants to buy himself a ****in $50mil estate, he should!

thats non of our business. do u know how much money he actualy has? no u dont

stop talking BS and oracle about smth. you will never achieve.

damn wANNabe real estate agents. not even out of school, but big business knowledge...

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 05:57 AM
Did I say it was smart?

Tell me where I said it is smart to spend all that money on a house.

I said it was his choice, that he could afford it, and that if he doesn't go crazy sending, drugging, or giving, that he would be fine.

Personally I wouldn't do it but I can't hate on him for doing what he wants.

-------------

With that aside you my friend are an idiot if you think a 25 year old black man is not going to be looked at and have huis finances approved before he is given the keys to a house of that magnitude.

You're a dumbass if you let your merchandise/house go without knowing whether or not Lebron will be in jail or bankrupt in a few years.

Don't they check your financial statements and make sure your FICA is straight, get some references [well in Lebron's case that ight not be needed], etc?

Or do they just say "hey, here comes Lebron lets give him the keys to a mansion because he's a basketball player."

You tell me how it goes genius.

C'mon just admit that you got exposed for your ignorance.

Sure they will check his credit score and everything. But they only care enough to know that they will get paid. Lebron has a 110 million contract, obviously he can afford the house. Those guys will certainly hand him the keys. What they don't care about is Lebron running out of money after his retirement. In fact, they forward to it, because they can repossess the house at a lower price if Lebron is bankrupt.

Obviously Lebron has the money to pay for the house. I just said it isn't smart for him to buy it and his line of thinking might lead him to degeneracy. I can afford to buy a nice car with my savings now, and I'm sure the salesman will be happy to hand me the keys to my new car since I have money in the bank to pay for it. But blowing all my cash on a car is never a smart move. I will have zero savings left, zero money for emergencies and zero investments as well as an expensive car sucking my money with maintenance and tax. The sales agent won't car as long as my credit checks out and he gets paid. If I go bankrupt he can repossess my car again.

Maybe Lebron really has his finances sorted out and just wanted to splurge on a house which he can afford. However from our impression of him he doesn't seem like the smart sort to have his finances sorted out as he buys cars and have huge entourages...etc. And with so many high profile bankruptcies and 60% of NBA players going broke after 5 years I think we should not give him the benefit of the doubt.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:01 AM
If Lebron bought a house that someone used to live in then there is a market for the house....a small one...but to say there is NO market for a house that's in the process of being sold is you being ignorant and arrogant.

LOL what kind of retarded logic is this? There is no market HD DVD players. Well I'm going to buy 10 HD DVD players! How can you say there is NO market for HD DVD players when there are now 10 in the process of being sold? You are being ignorant and arrogant!

LOL:roll:

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:08 AM
LOL what kind of retarded logic is this? There is no market HD DVD players. Well I'm going to buy 10 HD DVD players! How can you say there is NO market for HD DVD players when there are now 10 in the process of being sold? You are being ignorant and arrogant!

LOL:roll:

[B]mar

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:10 AM
C'mon just admit that you got exposed for your ignorance.

Sure they will check his credit score and everything. But they only care enough to know that they will get paid. Lebron has a 110 million contract, obviously he can afford the house. Those guys will certainly hand him the keys. What they don't care about is Lebron running out of money after his retirement. In fact, they forward to it, because they can repossess the house at a lower price if Lebron is bankrupt.

Obviously Lebron has the money to pay for the house. I just said it isn't smart for him to buy it and his line of thinking might lead him to degeneracy. I can afford to buy a nice car with my savings now, and I'm sure the salesman will be happy to hand me the keys to my new car since I have money in the bank to pay for it. But blowing all my cash on a car is never a smart move. I will have zero savings left, zero money for emergencies and zero investments as well as an expensive car sucking my money with maintenance and tax. The sales agent won't car as long as my credit checks out and he gets paid. If I go bankrupt he can repossess my car again.

Maybe Lebron really has his finances sorted out and just wanted to splurge on a house which he can afford. However from our impression of him he doesn't seem like the smart sort to have his finances sorted out as he buys cars and have huge entourages...etc. And with so many high profile bankruptcies and 60% of NBA players going broke after 5 years I think we should not give him the benefit of the doubt.

You just did a good job of proving me right while backpedalling and looking like a jealous degenerate....thanks.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:15 AM
:roll: :roll: :oldlol:

Running out of material that you have to paste from dictionary.com, and arguing semantics with someone who said "NO market" to mean an insignificantly small market that you should never count on.

So when someone says "No sweat doing this favor for you!", are you going to stare hard to see whether if he has one drop of moisture on him and call him an idiot when u see a small bead of sweat?

Obviously he means it's barely any effort to do the task for you!

:roll: :roll: IDIOT

Parade
07-19-2010, 06:20 AM
The football/soccer field is only 30 yards long. ghey

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:21 AM
You just did a good job of proving me right while backpedalling and looking like a jealous degenerate....thanks.

That is backpedalling to you??? LOL your lack of education and ignorance is now bursting out for all to see.

Being able to afford something by paying for the price upfront and being able to afford something and still maintain your lifestyle are two different things. Obviously no one here doubts that Lebron has the cash now to buy that house. And you shouldn't doubt that I have the money to buy a nice car either. What they worry is that he'll run out of money eventually as he is not rationing it and he doesn't seem to have the mindset to adjust his lifestyle after his paychecks run out. Because he is smart enough to do that he would have rationed out his money in the first place. All the high profile bankruptcies are proof of this. They will only learn when they get hit hard by the hammer.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:25 AM
That is backpedalling to you??? LOL your lack of education and ignorance is now bursting out for all to see.

Being able to afford something by paying for the price upfront and being able to afford something and still maintain your lifestyle are two different things. Obviously no one here doubts that Lebron has the cash now to buy that house. And you shouldn't doubt that I have the money to buy a nice car either. What they worry is that he'll run out of money eventually as he is not rationing it and he doesn't seem to have the mindset to adjust his lifestyle after his paychecks run out. Because he is smart enough to do that he would have rationed out his money in the first place. All the high profile bankruptcies are proof of this. They will only learn when they get hit hard by the hammer.

Who is they?

How many NBA superstars are borke because of bad habits and not poor financial planning?

You are a lost cause man, so much like Lakas it's not even funny.

You can't debate with a moron that doesn't know the meaning of market, uses superlatives and then back pedals when he gets called on their innaccuracy, and is generally a bull headed egotistical simp.

RazorBaLade
07-19-2010, 06:25 AM
What features does a 50 mil dollar house have over a 30 mil dol house and 20 mil gaining interest un the bank?

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:26 AM

No, but when you say there are NO houses on the market and I spot THREE I'm going to call you an idiot/liar though.

You typed NO MARKET all big and bold like no other rich guy would ever want beach front property in Miami you buffoon.

Lebron bought a big house and you're looking down on him because you would live another way.

All-in-all you're a goofy for even thinking the way you do.

Lebron's company is representing other top notch athletes....did you know that?

Do you know how much he has in the bank?

Again, no.....so you look stupid.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Being able to afford something by paying for the price upfront and being able to afford something and still maintain your lifestyle are two different things.

Lebron is a superstar athlete with more money than most pro players...he will still have money after he retires [considering he doesn't go wild] and I'd bet dollars to donuts he made sure he got someone that knows better than you to make sure of this.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Who is they?

How many NBA superstars are borke because of bad habits and not poor financial planning?

You are a lost cause man, so much like Lakas it's not even funny.

You can't debate with a moron that doesn't know the meaning of market, uses superlatives and then back pedals when he gets called on their innaccuracy, and is generally a bull headed egotistical simp.

*** you and good night.

Who is they? Have a nice read:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/1/index.htm

By the time they have been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.

You are obviously an uneducated kid. Not only that, you have shown a poor learning attitude by not admitting to your mistakes and keep stubbornly running off your mouth with nonsense and repeated points that are debunked.

Spend some effort reading my post and you can see that it does not contradict or backpedal to the points previously made in any way. If you fail to identify that, I think it's time for you to sign up for extra English classes.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:34 AM
Lebron is a superstar athlete with more money than most pro players...he will still have money after he retires [considering he doesn't go wild] and I'd bet dollars to donuts he made sure he got someone that knows better than you to make sure of this.

And you don't consider buying a 50million house as "going wild"? What exactly constitutes "going wild" to you?

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:48 AM
And you don't consider buying a 50million house as "going wild"? What exactly constitutes "going wild" to you?

Spending a good chunk of money on a house might not be wise as it stands right now, but if he manages his money well it could be a good investment/expenditure according to HIS VALUES.

It's not like he bought a dinosaur egg, the elephant man's remains, or put a zoo in his backyard.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Who is they? Have a nice read:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/1/index.htm

By the time they have been retired for two years, 78% of former NFL players have gone bankrupt or are under financial stress because of joblessness or divorce.

Within five years of retirement, an estimated 60% of former NBA players are broke.

You are obviously an uneducated kid. Not only that, you have shown a poor learning attitude by not admitting to your mistakes and keep stubbornly running off your mouth with nonsense and repeated points that are debunked.

Spend some effort reading my post and you can see that it does not contradict or backpedal to the points previously made in any way. If you fail to identify that, I think it's time for you to sign up for extra English classes.

Who specifically you ninny.

What did they do to go broke?

Most times it's not the house....it's drugs, alcohol, women, gambling, and keeping up with the James' of sports.

Young athletes that don't have Lebron money trying to kick it with the big dogs.

Lebron is the big dog.

Michael, Magic, Kobe, Bird, etc aren't broke.

Barkley is...because he gambles, drinks, and lives an unhealthy lifestyle.

You read that exerpt and used numbers but didn'/t dive into the factors that really drive them to the poor house.....my main point agiain is that Lebron will be okay if he lives a healthy lifestyle....he has the money to slurge and still be rich.

5th grade reading and comprehension.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Spending a good chunk of money on a house might not be wise as it stands right now, but if he manages his money well it could be a good investment/expenditure according to HIS VALUES.

It's not like he bought a dinosaur egg, the elephant man's remains, or put a zoo in his backyard.

LOL the fool blew through 50mil on a house just like that. Does he seem like the sort who will "manage his money well so it could be a good investment/expenditure according to HIS VALUES"?

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Who specifically you ninny.

What did they do to go broke?

Most times it's not the house....it's drugs, alcohol, women, gambling, and keeping up with the James' of sports.

Young athletes that don't have Lebron money trying to kick it with the big dogs.

Lebron is the big dog.

Michael, Magic, Kobe, Bird, etc aren't broke.

Barkley is...because he gambles, drinks, and lives an unhealthy lifestyle.

You read that exerpt and used numbers but didn'/t dive ibnto the factors that really drive them to the poor house.

5th grade reading and comprehension.

What? Scottie Pippen isn't a big enough name for you? How about Shawn Kemp? Sprewell is a multiple time all star too. Are you still using ninny as an insult little kid? LOL

Of course it isn't just the house. Everything adds up to take down a huge fortune. You have to be smart to avoid such financial blackholes to remain rich. Blowing all his contract money on a house gives us a good insight on Lebron's mindset on money, and that isn't looking good.

This isn't Warren Buffett buying a 50 million house. Buffett has proven that he has a great financial mind and has amassed a huge fortune based on his thrifty principles. If Buffett decides to splurge on a 50 million house I think it's safe to assume he knows what he's doing and can afford to enjoy himself a little bit. Lebron and thousands of athletes hasn't shown financial savvy worth shit. Doing things like this certainly does not make him look smart.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 07:07 AM
What? Scottie Pippen isn't a big enough name for you? How about Shawn Kemp? Sprewell is a multiple time all star too. Are you still using ninny as an insult little kid? LOL

Of course it isn't just the house. Everything adds up to take down a huge fortune. You have to be smart to avoid such financial blackholes to remain rich. Blowing all his contract money on a house gives us a good insight on Lebron's mindset on money, and that isn't looking good.

This isn't Warren Buffett buying a 50 million house. Buffett has proven that he has a great financial mind and has amassed a huge fortune based on his thrifty principles. If Buffett decides to splurge on a 50 million house I think it's safe to assume he knows what he's doing and can afford to enjoy himself a little bit. Lebron and thousands of athletes hasn't shown financial savvy worth shit. Doing things like this certainly does not make him look smart.
One purchase doesn't give you an insight on his whole mentality you dime store shrink you.

So you have to live like Warren Buffett to be smart? I bet you he wastes money on all type of weird things...and if he doesn't he can be miserly too that's his business.

Magic Johnson hasn't done well? MJ? Countless others?

giving money to an athlete who doesn't have the best education and financial mind is risky....but you have to let a man be a man and do what he wants....seems to me that you are insulted that Lebron doesn't think like you.

Fact is that Buffett is his friend and he probably gets advice from Buffett so you lose again sir.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 07:13 AM
One purchase doesn't give you an insight on his whole mentality you dime store shrink you.

So you have to live like Warren Buffett to be smart? I bet you he wastes money on all type of weird things...and if he doesn't he can be miserly too that's his business.

giving money to an athlete who doesn't have the best education and financial mind is risky....but you have to let a man be a man and do what he wants....seems to me that you are insulted that Lebron doesn't think like you.

Fact is that Buffett is his friend and he probably gets advice from Buffett so you lose again sir.

Yes one purchase does show a lot about you. I know people who spent all their money on a car to pick up chicks. Well they're older now and have nothing to show for in their lives. I can tell what their mentality is like simply by knowing their income and spending habits.

If you read the link you would have realized that Magic had spent time and effort studying and learning about business and had invested wisely instead of blowing it all. And now he's rich, worth much more than MJ. Lebron hasn't shown that kind of maturity yet.

Solid Snake
07-19-2010, 07:17 AM

I bet you smell.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 07:29 AM
I bet you smell.

Actually I am kinda musty right now I jogged to work.

Thanks for your concern cupcake.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Yes one purchase does show a lot about you. I know people who spent all their money on a car to pick up chicks. Well they're older now and have nothing to show for in their lives. I can tell what their mentality is like simply by knowing their income and spending habits.

If you read the link you would have realized that Magic had spent time and effort studying and learning about business and had invested wisely instead of blowing it all. And now he's rich, worth much more than MJ. Lebron hasn't shown that kind of maturity yet.

Um Lebron's agency signed CP3 iirc.....did you know that? Doesn't he represent John Wall too? What kind of investments does he have?

What's his net worth? If you want to say oh he's gonna go broke you need to be more specific and have solid facts not just the stories of some other men that aren't exactly the same as him and don't share his same mindset.

You lose on so many levels man.

Lebron is not one of your friends that's over extending his finances.

Your comparison is too basic and narrow minded dog.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 07:33 AM

And Magic is a better person than MJ because he has more net worth?

MJ is doing what makes him happy [funding a racing team] and so is Magic.

So what.

You are a petty individual man, sad.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
You're absolutely pathetic. You have no idea what you are talking about anymore, but you still want to keep up with your attitude insulting people instead of apologising and learning. You lose at life.

We are talking about money managing here. Magic worked hard and saved and studied and hence he has more money than MJ. We are not talking about who is the better person is. Obviously you have run out of material on the topic at hand but rather than admit your mistakes and move on you want to continue to spew shit and look e-cool. I feel sorry for you.

You have no idea how Warren Buffett and other billionaires live their lives. Yet you are spewing shit saying he probably wastes money on shit. Buffett is the second richest man on earth who drives a used car that he bought cheap because it was damaged by a hailstorm so he got it for a good price. A little bit of repair work and the car is as good as new and he paid much less for it than a brand new undamaged car.

You have no idea what you are talking about with "Lebron's agency" too. Simply pulling shit out of your ass now.

Lebron obviously isn't broke right now when he is still getting paid, but people here see that his spending habits are terrible and similar to all the other stars who are now broke.

There is obviously no talking to you until the hammer hits you in the head. Just like all those multi million athletes who are now broke.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
You're absolutely pathetic. You have no idea what you are talking about anymore, but you still want to keep up with your attitude insulting people instead of apologising and learning. You lose at life.

We are talking about money managing here. Magic worked hard and saved and studied and hence he has more money than MJ. We are not talking about who is the better person is. Obviously you have run out of material on the topic at hand but rather than admit your mistakes and move on you want to continue to spew shit and look e-cool. I feel sorry for you.

You have no idea how Warren Buffett and other billionaires live their lives. Yet you are spewing shit saying he probably wastes money on shit. Buffett is the second richest man on earth who drives a used car that he bought cheap because it was damaged by a hailstorm so he got it for a good price. A little bit of repair work and the car is as good as new and he paid much less for it than a brand new undamaged car.

You have no idea what you are talking about with "Lebron's agency" too. Simply pulling shit out of your ass now.

Lebron obviously isn't broke right now when he is still getting paid, but people here see that his spending habits are terrible and similar to all the other stars who are now broke.

There is obviously no talking to you until the hammer hits you in the head. Just like all those multi million athletes who are now broke.

Magic is better at managing money, or is MJ content with his money and is not into investing like Magic?

So you're telling me that Buffet is a billionaire and doesnt slurge on anything? Hookers, expensive foods, trinkets, vacations? I'm just asking.

Tell me how I'm wrong. Lebron's agency doesn't represent top flight athletes?

Tell me about what you know about finance.

Tell me how much financial experts recommend you spend on your home as compared to your net worth.

Compare Lebrons net worth to that percentage.

Enlighten me to the facts and not the bullshit.

Because all you're saying is that Lebron is stupid because he doesnt share the same values as you and Buffett.

You never know...Lebron could eat P, B & J for lunch and save all his ones for a rainy day...

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Oh before you knock someone's education you need to know how to mount a decent argument and spell "apologize."

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Sorry I'm not American. Apologise is right.

Still stuck up in your e-pride and attitude despite being completely annihilated in your argument?

So what exactly is your education level btw?

Papaya Petee
07-19-2010, 10:44 AM
People are saying after basketball ends LeBron won't be making money, why the hell not? Why can't he have his own cologne, shoes, clothes, etc etc. Why can't he do what Jordan did and purchase lets say 20% of a NBA team. Why can't he open up landscaping companies or any other business? Who says once he retires money STOPS coming in?

Funnyfuka
07-19-2010, 10:44 AM
to the two guys insulting each others; you re both poor losers, why go in a dispute over multimillionaires guys who dont give a shit about you. Talk about bieng vain. Whoever "wins" you re still losers in the end.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Sorry I'm not American. Apologise is right.

Still stuck up in your e-pride and attitude despite being completely annihilated in your argument?

So what exactly is your education level btw?

You don't need to know anything about my personal life sport.

I have relented and now I'm kindly asking you for information.

1. How much should one's house be worth in relation to their net worth?
2. What is Lebron's net worth?
3. Does Lebron represent other athletes (his Co. Rather)?

I am an open book awaiting your information.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 10:50 AM
to the two guys insulting each others; you re both poor losers, why go in a dispute over multimillionaires guys who dont give a shit about you. Talk about bieng vain. Whoever "wins" you re still losers in the end.

I know there is no winner I'm working two jobs (one graveyard) until school starts back up. I'm just passing the time....I really don't have any animosity against him old chap.

Judging is doesnt make you insightful, cool, or witty either. You're just butting into something that has nothing to do with you.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Magic is better at managing money, or is MJ content with his money and is not into investing like Magic?

So you're telling me that Buffet is a billionaire and doesnt slurge on anything? Hookers, expensive foods, trinkets, vacations? I'm just asking.

Tell me how I'm wrong. Lebron's agency doesn't represent top flight athletes?

Tell me about what you know about finance.

Tell me how much financial experts recommend you spend on your home as compared to your net worth.

Compare Lebrons net worth to that percentage.

Enlighten me to the facts and not the bullshit.

Because all you're saying is that Lebron is stupid because he doesnt share the same values as you and Buffett.

You never know...Lebron could eat P, B & J for lunch and save all his ones for a rainy day...

At least you are asking questions now instead of confidently spewing bullshit. That's progress.

But I'm not going to feed you free answers to these questions. You should take time to do your homework so you'll learn better. Go do your research and answer those questions here and it'll be much more rewarding for you. That's what learning is all about, and once you understand that you'll see things my way.

To get you started I'll tell you that Buffett doesn't live the rap star-Balla lifestyle that's for sure. You'll be surprised by the size and look of his office despite the value of his company. Go find that out.

And you shouldn't use net worth to measure how much you should save and spend. Use take home income after tax. Net worth is used to evaluate your value after applying your earning power and spending habits. Go find out how financial managers do it.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
At least you are asking questions now instead of confidently spewing bullshit. That's progress.

But I'm not going to feed you free answers to these questions. You should take time to do your homework so you'll learn better. Go do your research and answer those questions here and it'll be much more rewarding for you. That's what learning is all about, and once you understand that you'll see things my way.

To get you started I'll tell you that Buffett doesn't live the rap star-Balla lifestyle that's for sure. You'll be surprised by the size and look of his office despite the value of his company. Go find that out.

And you shouldn't use net worth to measure how much you should save and spend. Use take home income after tax. Net worth is used to evaluate your value after applying your earning power and spending habits. Go find out how financial managers do it.

I asked you those questions (first) hours ago man.

I don't need to know about Buffett's money or lifestyle he is one man. If he wants to drive a hoopty and eat cheese and crackers that's on him.

I asked those questions because I knew you weren't going add any facts to the argument, you were just going to pull a Lakas move, talk down to people, provide no facts, just point out that everyone that disagrees with you is unintelligent.

If you knew anything about the subject of interest or importance you would just say it. But once again when faced wirh pertinant questions on the subject you backpedal.

Lebron does represent other athletes, lol.

And I doubt you know anything about James' finances and portfolios.

U mad he has a better house than your hero, lmao....

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
And once again, I would never buy a Rolls and a fifty million dollar home even if I had James' money.

But I'm not going to talk bad about James because I wouldn't do it or because OTHER MEN in his profession have failed financially.

Se
07-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Stupid purchase by a stupid child.

The_Night_Elf
07-19-2010, 12:33 PM
Well a typical rule of thumb when it comes to home buying is to not spend more than 1/3 of your income on said housing. So as long as his endorsments can cover 40 Million to bring his earnings to 150 this won't be so bad...:D

OneMoreSucka
07-19-2010, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Se

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I asked you those questions (first) hours ago man.

I don't need to know about Buffett's money or lifestyle he is one man. If he wants to drive a hoopty and eat cheese and crackers that's on him.

I asked those questions because I knew you weren't going add any facts to the argument, you were just going to pull a Lakas move, talk down to people, provide no facts, just point out that everyone that disagrees with you is unintelligent.

If you knew anything about the subject of interest or importance you would just say it. But once again when faced wirh pertinant questions on the subject you backpedal.

Lebron does represent other athletes, lol.

And I doubt you know anything about James' finances and portfolios.

U mad he has a better house than your hero, lmao....

I provided no facts in this thread? Go back and read I provided plenty of facts and links unlike you. You don't have any facts and is reduced to asking questions!:roll: . I already gave you some starting points to those questions, go get cracking on them.

Yet again you fail to point out where I was backpedalling. Spewing repeated bullshit that has been debunked again.

And I'm sure my hero lives a better and happier life than your hero. LOL my hero can buy your hero many times over.

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Well a typical rule of thumb when it comes to home buying is to not spend more than 1/3 of your income on said housing. So as long as his endorsments can cover 40 Million to bring his earnings to 150 this won't be so bad...:D

Lebron doesn't make 110million in a year. You also have to factor in taxes. He'll get about half that after taxes.

Anyway don't help that fool do his homework. He needs to learn.

JtotheIzzo
07-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I heard he wanted to call it 'The Batcave' but then DWade made him change the name to 'The Robin's nest'

zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

boozehound
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
because, as with many of the nouveau riche, its all about displays of conspicuous consumption. Its not enough to be rich, everyone has to know how successful you really are! From the guy living in subsidized housing while driving a pimped-out escalade to the star athlete who insists on wearing 100k around his neck, its the same attitude. and, no, its not just black people.

JtotheIzzo
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
I heard he wanted to call it 'The Batcave' but then DWade made him change the name to 'The Robin's nest'

zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoop_Cat
07-19-2010, 01:35 PM

zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO. Hah!

The_Night_Elf
07-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Lebron doesn't make 110million in a year. You also have to factor in taxes. He'll get about half that after taxes.

Anyway don't help that fool do his homework. He needs to learn.

Yeah, but you don't pay off a house in a year as well. At least the half of 110 is Guaranteed income. Plus he probably has a nice down payment set up for the house as well. :lol.

That quote of yours I bolded is gold btw.:cheers:

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
I provided no facts in this thread? Go back and read I provided plenty of facts and links unlike you. You don't have any facts and is reduced to asking questions!:roll: . I already gave you some starting points to those questions, go get cracking on them.

Yet again you fail to point out where I was backpedalling. Spewing repeated bullshit that has been debunked again.

And I'm sure my hero lives a better and happier life than your hero. LOL my hero can buy your hero many times over.

You haven't presented one fact that says why Lebron shouldn't buy this home feoma financial standpoint.

You gauged what Bron does in regards to what Buffett does.

Are you Lakas Fan Yo?

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 02:25 PM

But Lebron is worth more than three times as much as his house, hell his endorsements could pay for the house and taxes for a substantial amount of time.

Basically, what it boils down to is that he can afford the house, and you were wrong in saying that he couldnt afford the house.

You dont know how much Lebron is worth, and your whole argument is hased of what Buffett makes.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah, but you don't pay off a house in a year as well. At least the half of 110 is Guaranteed income. Plus he probably has a nice down payment set up for the house as well. :lol.

That quote of yours I bolded is gold btw.:cheers:

Notice that while he's hurling insults he has no clue of how much Lebron is worth and he had to wait on you to answer the question because he didnt know himself.

Cerebral Jedi
07-19-2010, 02:27 PM
This.

/thread.

Oh for reals? But does he follow that advice? That's even if he gets it. You're going simply on the fact they are friends.

You think you have a better financial mind than his advisor and Warren Buffet?

GTFOH son.

You must've mentioned Warren 10-20 times during this thread. You a Warren Buffet Stan?

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Notice that while he's hurling insults he has no clue of how much Lebron is worth and he had to wait on you to answer the question because he didnt know himself.

If anyone here doesn't have a clue here its you. You think I have no idea what Lebron's net worth is when that information comes easy from google?

How are you doing with your homework? Too hard for you?

Phong
07-19-2010, 03:21 PM
LeBron James: $90 million

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/lebron-james-net-worth/

As a comparison (from the same website):
- MJ: $500 million
- Shaq: $250 million
- Kobe: $140 million

Pinkhearts
07-19-2010, 03:25 PM
lol really stop doing homework for this fool. I want to see him arrive to the conclusion by himself. But I think he's too much of a lazy fool to do all that work anyway.

macmac
07-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Story is not even true....

http://cbs4.com/heat/lebron.james.home.2.1812831.html

amfirst
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
This is how NBA players go broke. The house is built for a billonaire not a millionaire.

49 mil + 40 mil taxes for 40 years = 89 mil. The dude will have only 20 mil to spend from his new contract. That's excluding interest which will doube/triple the loan amount in the life of the loan.

Kobe is smart, rich azz dude with a house only worth less than 4 million and a bunch of other smaller ones.

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Oh for reals? But does he follow that advice? That's even if he gets it. You're going simply on the fact they are friends.

You must've mentioned Warren 10-20 times during this thread. You a Warren Buffet Stan?
I know lol, dude keeps measuring Lebron by Buffett standards. It was late, I've been up for 28 hours it seems like....thats my excuse.....I'VE stated time and time again that I wouldnt buy this house, just like you stated, no one knows the true outcome of this expenditure until he retires really.

You PB CJ?

Go Getter
07-19-2010, 05:01 PM
If anyone here doesn't have a clue here its you. You think I have no idea what Lebron's net worth is when that information comes easy from google?

How are you doing with your homework? Too hard for you?
Ok
Here you go with that homework shit....lame joke man...I would laugh at it myself if it was funny.

The_Yearning
07-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok
Here you go with that homework shit....lame joke man...I would laugh at it myself if it was funny.

Yo...don't even front...it was funny.

Pinkhearts
07-20-2010, 01:07 AM
I know lol, dude keeps measuring Lebron by Buffett standards. It was late, I've been up for 28 hours it seems like....thats my excuse.....I'VE stated time and time again that I wouldnt buy this house, just like you stated, no one knows the true outcome of this expenditure until he retires really.

You PB CJ?

He was talking about you moron.

I only used Buffett as an example because YOU brought him up. Little did I know you have NO IDEA who Buffett is and is just name dropping and talking shit.

Well if you've done your homework you'd have learned abit about Buffett by now. Too bad you're too lazy and hopeless to learn anything.It's a real pity as you really could benefit from Buffett's teachings given your current shitty mindset on how to deal with money.