PDA

View Full Version : Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Michael Jordan:

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after finishing tied for 22nd in the American Century Championship golf tournament in Stateline, Nev. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

"Kobe", Jordan, when asked at his basketball camp about who was the better player between Lebron James and Kobe Bryant in the game.

Larry Bird:

"I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."

[QUOTE]

jlauber
07-21-2010, 02:03 PM
This is a new topic...

Disaprine
07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
This is a new topic...
totally

itsGameTime
Finally some different views. Most people choose the player with the best stats as being the best player. In my opinion, Lebron is not the best player. I saw him quit way too many games in that Celtics/Cavs series to give him such a title. It's good to know that the greatest players of all time look at things other than stats when determining who the best is, unlike the hordes of lebron jockeys on this board.

bagelred
http://i26.tinypic.com/34y1cp2.jpg

Yo, we were here first!

SEEBASS1234
07-21-2010, 02:10 PM
http://anonymouslefty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-cat-likes-your-point.jpg

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:12 PM

Yo, we were here first!

That picture doesn't at all look right lol. I don't think basketball, as a sport, would be anywhere as popular today if we didn't have those guys going at each other back in the days. Competition night in and night out. That was what basketball was all about to me. That was what made it exciting.

BlueandGold
07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
http://anonymouslefty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/funny-pictures-cat-likes-your-point.jpg

cat gifs = pwn

jlauber
07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Jordan played on losing teams until Pippen. Pippen was a top-10 player in the league for most of his career (probably top-5 in some), as well as probably a top-25 player all-time.

Bird played on the most stacked teams of the 80's, and alongside as many as FOUR other HOFers.

Magic played with Kareem, who is top-5 all-time, and Worthy who is certainly among the best ever (especially in the post-season.)

Barkley? Without talented teammates and no rings....just where does he rank all-time? He had no argument, since, his lack of rings diminished HIS career.

Kobe won as a sidekick to Shaq...then played several years on mediocre teams...and then won two rings with Gasol (and other quality players.)

Now, aside from a WAY past his prime Shaq...just who the hell has Lebron had?

jaydacris
07-21-2010, 02:18 PM
thats some nice and high praise from bird :bowdown:

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Jordan played on losing teams until Pippen. Pippen was a top-10 player in the league for most of his career (probably top-5 in some), as well as probably a top-25 player all-time.

Bird played on the most stacked teams of the 80's, and alongside as many as FOUR other HOFers.

Magic played with Kareem, who is top-5 all-time, and Worthy who is certainly among the best ever (especially in the post-season.)

Barkley? Without talented teammates and no rings....just where does he rank all-time? He had no argument, since, his lack of rings diminished HIS career.

Kobe won as a sidekick to Shaq...then played several years on mediocre teams...and then won two rings with Gasol (and other quality players.)

Now, aside from a WAY past his prime Shaq...just who the hell has Lebron had?

I think most people are upset that he chose the easiest way out. Had he chosen Chicago or NY, these guys wouldn't question him. He chose the team that already had 2 superstar players in their primes.

Jordan, Magic and Bird never had the luxury of having 2 other superstar players in their primes. Sure, some of them were HOFers who were passed their primes, but that can't be included in the argument since Wade/Lebron/Bosh can't be elected into the HOF yet, but I don't think it'd be unreasonable to say that they will be there when its all said and done.

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 02:29 PM
thats some nice and high praise from bird :bowdown:

I think Kobe has always been one of Larry's favorite players. Here's a more recent quote from Bird himself:

catch24
07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Both those quotes from Bird and Jordan regarding Kobe are 1-2 years old BTW (Bird's being a season or two ago, and Jordan's in 2008, at his camp).

Stop posting misinformation.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Both those quotes from Bird and Jordan regarding Kobe are 1-2 years old BTW (Bird's being a season or two ago, and Jordan's in 2008, at his camp).

Stop posting misinformation.

Jordan's quote was 2009. Magic's quote was in 2010. You stop posting misinformation.

catch24
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Jordan's quote was 2009. Magic's quote was in 2010. You stop posting misinformation.

The vid of Jordan saying 'Kobe was better' is from 2009, you're correct, I meant to say Bird. Bird's quote was from 2008. Stop providing 'links' as if they said it recently. That's misleading people Kobe stan. BTW, who said anything about Magic?

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
The vid of Jordan saying 'Kobe was better' is from 2009, you're correct, I meant to say Bird. Bird's quote was from 2008. Stop providing 'links' as if they said it recently. BTW, who said anything about Magic? I sure didn't.

Those are the latest quotes from all of them. If they changed their mind, I'll update. But its pretty clear who they think is the best as it stands. No need to get mad or anything.

catch24
07-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Those are the latest quotes from all of them. If they changed their mind, I'll update. But its pretty clear who they think is the best as it stands. No need to get mad or anything.

I'm not mad at all to be honest. I just find it funny you have to lie and spin sh*t. Reeks of agenda kiddo.

Bird (this season): LeBron has potential to go down as GOAT.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Bird (this season): LeBron has potential to go down as GOAT.

That's different from saying Lebron is the best player in the game. IMO, Lebron always has had the potential to go down as the GOAT. Just after his decision, he no longer has that potential or even top 10 for that matter.

And again, don't be mad at me. I didn't go out to the media and say Kobe was the best player in the game. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird did. :confusedshrug:

catch24
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
That's different from saying Lebron is the best player in the game. IMO, Lebron always has had the potential to go down as the GOAT. Just after his decision, he no longer has that potential or even top 10 for that matter.

Of course it's different. He never said Kobe has the potential to go down as GOAT :oldlol:

And again, don't be mad at me. I didn't go out to the media and say Kobe was the best player in the game. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird did. :confusedshrug:

And again, no one is mad...I know I'm not. Fact is the quotes are old. The title of your thread is misleading, kid.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Just posting factual quotes. Guess it depends on what you think is old. Magic 2010, Jordan 2009, Bird 2008. Not as old as you make it out to be. Just because they weren't made last week doesn't mean it's old. Bird even said in 2010 that Kobe has always been his favorite player. I see no indication of them changing their minds today.

catch24
07-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Just posting factual quotes. Guess it depends on what you think is old. Magic 2010, Jordan 2009, Bird 2008. Not as old as you make it out to be. Just because they weren't made last week doesn't mean it's old. Bird even said in 2010 that Kobe has always been his favorite player. I see no indication of them changing their minds today.

Yes, factual quotes before LeBron's best season of his career. Most if not everyone recognized LeBron as the best player in the league this past year. lol, 1-2 years (500-730 days) is enough time to form a different opinion (hell, from 2000 to 2001, Kobe became a much better player). Bird said LeBron has the potential of being GOAT, but he's NEVER given Kobe that kind of kudos (despite being his 'favorite player'). Pretty sure his opinion has swayed a different direction (with or without "the decision").

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Yes, factual quotes before LeBron's best season of his career. Most if not everyone recognized LeBron as the best player in the league this past year. lol, 1-2 years (500-730 days) is enough time to form a different opinion (hell, from 2000 to 2001, Kobe became a much better player). Bird said LeBron has the potential of being GOAT, but he's NEVER given Kobe that kind of kudos (despite being his 'favorite player'). Pretty sure his opinion has swayed a different direction (with or without "the decision").

With or without the decision, I certainly didn't see the best player in the NBA playing in the Celtics/Cavs series. I wouldn't consider this season to be Lebron's best season after quitting all of those games. Doesn't matter what stats he put up in the regular season.

catch24
07-21-2010, 03:13 PM
With or without the decision, I certainly didn't see the best player in the NBA playing in the Celtics/Cavs series. I wouldn't consider this season to be Lebron's best season after quitting all of those games. Doesn't matter what stats he put up in the regular season.

I didn't either, and I won't defend his actions Game 5. Despite his playoff woes vs. Boston, it definitely was his best REGULAR season. Better than any season Kobe has put up, that's for sure.

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM
I didn't either, and I won't defend his actions Game 5. Despite his playoff woes vs. Boston, it definitely was his best REGULAR season. Better than any season Kobe has put up, that's for sure.

That's not a sure thing. It's debatable. I think Kobe put up a better 35/5/5 season back when he had a horrible team.

New York Knicks
07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
That's not a sure thing. It's debatable. I think Kobe put up a better 35/5/5 season back when he had a horrible team.
He also had a lower FG% than his team, which is common for him anyway I guess.

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 03:20 PM
He also had a lower FG% than his team, which is common for him anyway I guess.

His FG% was pretty high (45%) considering he has always been a primary jumpshooter.

catch24
07-21-2010, 03:22 PM

That's my favorite individual season from Kobe, he was awesome. His best months of that season were in January and April. 43/5/4 on 47% shooting and 39.7% from 3. 41/4/3 on 50% shooting and 41% from 3.

LeBron had more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, shot a better FG%, eFG and had a 60+TS%. The last perimeter player to score 30 on 50% was Jordan in '92. LBJ was more impressive IMO.

jrong
07-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Kobe needs me. Come on, Kyle, you can do this. Ok, here goes. "LeBron can suck a..."

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
That's my favorite individual season from Kobe, he was awesome. His best months of that season were in January and April. 43/5/4 on 47% shooting and 39.7% from 3. 41/4/3 on 50% shooting and 41% from 3.

LeBron had more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, shot a better FG%, eFG and had a 60+TS%. The last perimeter player to score 30 on 50% was Jordan in '92. LBJ was more impressive IMO.

It really depends on what your favorite aspect of the game is. To me, Kobe was pretty much scoring at will on multiple defenders. Didn't matter who they threw at him. I can't rank Lebron's season higher just because he had more rebounds and assists. Those numbers are a product of the coach's offensive system and his overall position (SFs are better rebounders than SGs). Bryant didn't have the luxury of doing that in the triangle with Phil otherwise he may or may not have had higher assist numbers.

New York Knicks
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
His FG% was pretty high (45%) considering he has always been a primary jumpshooter.
So? I don't get why Kobe fans always say that. They'll use anything as an excuse I guess. Even if they aren't valid. "pretty good" is fine for Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Redd, and Michael Finley. But Kobe was supposedly one of the best players in the game. His team shouldn't be more efficient than he is cause he takes so many shots. If he was gonna be that inefficient he should just pass up some shots.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
"pretty good" is fine for Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Redd, and Michael Finley. But Kobe was supposedly one of the best players in the game. His team shouldn't be more efficient than he is cause he takes so many shots. If he was gonna be that inefficient he should just pass up some shots.

I think the game of basketball is much more than just looking at boxscores. Do you think Jordan, Magic and Bird care that much about his 45% fgs? :oldlol:

momo
07-21-2010, 03:42 PM
They are not dissing Brawn. They are saying they would not do what brawn did and stating an opinion. And I am pretty sure Magic has done his best "player in the game" routine about brawn as well as KB.

You want to hear a diss? This is a diss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjrT29f8fhY&feature=player_embedded

barbaroi
07-21-2010, 03:45 PM
So? I don't get why Kobe fans always say that. They'll use anything as an excuse I guess. Even if they aren't valid. "pretty good" is fine for Jerry Stackhouse, Michael Redd, and Michael Finley. But Kobe was supposedly one of the best players in the game. His team shouldn't be more efficient than he is cause he takes so many shots. If he was gonna be that inefficient he should just pass up some shots.
:rolleyes: Kobe was not being inefficient that year, and he certainly wasn't less efficient than his team:

05-06 Kobe's TS% was 55.9%.
The rest of the 05-06 Lakers combined TS%? 52.9%

People need to stop thinking FG% = efficiency. It doesn't. Free throw shooting affects efficiency, as does 3 point shooting.

Courtside View
07-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I guess Balls is leaving out Magic saying Lebron was the best player THIS YEAR. Magic switches back and forth more than a Jordan layup. Pretty sure Barkley called Lebron the best this year too.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I guess Balls is leaving out Magic saying Lebron was the best player THIS YEAR. Magic switches back and forth more than a Jordan layup. Pretty sure Barkley called Lebron the best this year too.

Magic's latest quote is saying Kobe is the best player in the world. Doesn't matter what he said before that.

Courtside View
07-21-2010, 03:54 PM
:rolleyes: Kobe was not being inefficient that year, and he certainly wasn't less efficient than his team:

05-06 Kobe's TS% was 55.9%.
The rest of the 05-06 Lakers combined TS%? 52.9%

People need to stop thinking FG% = efficiency. It doesn't. Free throw shooting affects efficiency, as does 3 point shooting.

1. Free throw shooting is great, but what Kobe fans love to ignore is that all those missed shots can still be detrimental to the team, regardless of how many free throws he makes. The one thing that no Kobe fan will ever be able to answer satisfactorily is WHY CAN'T HE SHOOT OVER 50% IF HE'S THE GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME? Why so many 6-24 type of games? In my opinion, consistency > unbelievable scoring game here, terrible shooting game there. Kobe IS a great scorer. However, he has way too many poor shooting nights for him to praised as much as he is for scoring. Lastly, you can BET that if he was able to shoot 50% or above for his career, you would NEVER hear the end of it from Bryant fans. Since he hasn't, there has to be all kinds of excuses about it. If he's so great, it's not good enough for him to have TMac, Vince, etc. type efficiency. He should be far and above those guys.

2. Who tells Kobe to shoot so many 3s? I get sick of these excuses. Of course 3 point shooting affects efficiency, but it's still a shot. If you miss a lot of them, it still affects the team. It's like Kobe fans want to somehow give him a pass for taking (and missing) a lot of 3s. That goes to shot selection.

Courtside View
07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Magic's latest quote is saying Kobe is the best player in the world. Doesn't matter what he said before that.

Of course it doesn't matter to you. You have an obvious agenda, which is why you make these kinds of stupid threads as if there aren't a million already created by your type. Magic said as recently as the playoffs that Lebron was the best. Then he went back to Kobe because the Lakers won and he's a Laker. Next year if Bron is crushing it, he'll go back to him again. Maybe Wade. It wasn't like he said Bron was the best and then a year later said Kobe. He changed his mind within weeks! It should be clear what that's about, but like I said you have an agenda so you'll ignore it.

Let me ask you, when he said Bron was the best did you create a thread about it? When Bird said Lebron could retire GOAT did you create a thread? Did you agree? Of course not. Now you think their word is law when it praises Kobe.

thejumpa
07-21-2010, 04:01 PM

Actually, it does. Only until the Lakers won the championship did Magic say that Kobe is the best player. He wasn't saying it throughout the season and wasn't saying it at the start of the playoffs. 1 postseason changed his mind.

I love Magic, but at least be consistent. I have a feeling that MJ has always thought Kobe was better. Maybe even Larry. Same goes for Chuck with LeBron. Magic flip flops like no other.

icewill36
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
what really annoys me is the praise kobe is getting bcuz of this. the guy has been unbelieveably fortunate in his career. he enters the league with a prime shaq in a major market which happens to be one of the top two in the league. then later that same org. gets pau gasol for practically nothing, almost handing the lakers more championships. kobe is great, but overrated at the same time

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
1. Free throw shooting is great, but what Kobe fans love to ignore is that all those missed shots can still be detrimental to the team, regardless of how many free throws he makes. The one thing that no Kobe fan will ever be able to answer satisfactorily is WHY CAN'T HE SHOOT OVER 50% IF HE'S THE GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME? Why so many 6-24 type of games? In my opinion, consistency > unbelievable scoring game here, terrible shooting game there. Kobe IS a great scorer. However, he has way too many poor shooting nights for him to praised as much as he is for scoring. Lastly, you can BET that if he was able to shoot 50% or above for his career, you would NEVER hear the end of it from Bryant fans. Since he hasn't, there has to be all kinds of excuses about it. If he's so great, it's not good enough for him to have TMac, Vince, etc. type efficiency. He should be far and above those guys.

2. Who tells Kobe to shoot so many 3s? I get sick of these excuses. Of course 3 point shooting affects efficiency, but it's still a shot. If you miss a lot of them, it still affects the team. It's like Kobe fans want to somehow give him a pass for taking (and missing) a lot of 3s. That goes to shot selection.

That's like comparing sticks to stones. Kobe has always been a primary jumpshooter which explains the 45% fg. In contrast, Jordan wasn't a primary jumpshooter, which should explain his higher field goal %. You're neglecting the way the points are scored vs. the fg%s. Lebron shot close to 50% this season, but if you look at his midrange to longrange game, it was awful somewhere in the high 30s/low 40s. This was due to the fact that he was a primary driver.

So don't knock Kobe's 45% without taking into consideration how he scored those points. The last time I check, it has always been the case that layups are easier to make at a higher percentage than mid to long range jumpshots.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Let me ask you, when he said Bron was the best did you create a thread about it? When Bird said Lebron could retire GOAT did you create a thread? Did you agree? Of course not.

I only create threads when Jordan, Bird, Magic and Magic all unanimously say one player is the best. You're acting as though I made the quotes. Don't shoot the messenger.

Courtside View
07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
That's like comparing sticks to stones. Kobe has always been a primary jumpshooter which explains the 45% fg. In contrast, Jordan wasn't a primary jumpshooter, which should explain his higher field goal %. You're neglecting the way the points are scored vs. the fg%s. Lebron shot close to 50% this season, but if you look at his midrange to longrange game, it was awful somewhere in the high 30s/low 40s. This was due to the fact that he was a primary driver.

So don't knock Kobe's 45% without taking into consideration how he scored those points. The last time I check, it has always been the case that layups are easier to make at a higher percentage than mid to long range jumpshots.

So what if he's primarily a jumpshooter? I don't care about how the points are scored, only the efficiency of how they're scored.

All you guys do is make excuses

"But but, he has to shoot with the shot clock running down!!" (as if he's the only player in NBA history to have to shoot with the shot clock expiring).

"But but, he shoots a lot of 3s If he didn't he's shoot 50%" (as if we should ignore the 3pointers he takes)

"But but he's primarily a jumpshooter" (as if that MATTERS when talking about what his end production is).

And on and on. Like I said, if he shot 50+% we'd never hear the end of it. IF he has 5 MVPs we'd never hear the end of it. Since he doesn't "All that stuff doesn't matter"

Courtside View
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I only create threads when Jordan, Bird, Magic and Magic all unanimously say one player is the best. You're acting as though I made the quotes. Don't shoot the messenger.

I take it from your nonsense, non answer that you have no coherent reply. Just like I thought. Your stupid little agenda is painfully obvious and normally I ignore you trolls but every now and then it's fun to show you how illogical you are so that people realize it.

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 04:11 PM
So what if he's primarily a jumpshooter? I don't care about how the points are scored, only the efficiency of how they're scored.

He's an SG. That's what Shooting Guards do. They shoot, and they shoot a lot at high shooting percentages. :ohwell:

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
I take it from your nonsense, non answer that you have no coherent reply. Just like I thought.

It's not so hard to understand. The latest from the Jordan, Magic and Bird camp state Kobe is the best player in the NBA.

Again, straight from their mouths, not mine. Don't cry or make insults, because you can't handle it. :lol

Bladers
07-21-2010, 04:15 PM

All you guys do is make excuses

"But but, he has to shoot with the shot clock running down!!" (as if he's the only player in NBA history to have to shoot with the shot clock expiring).

"But but, he shoots a lot of 3s If he didn't he's shoot 50%" (as if we should ignore the 3pointers he takes)

"But but he's primarily a jumpshooter" (as if that MATTERS when talking about what his end production is).

And on and on. Like I said, if he shot 50+% we'd never hear the end of it. IF he has 5 MVPs we'd never hear the end of it. Since he doesn't "All that stuff doesn't matter"

Lebron scored 31ppg in 05-06 season with 48% FG...
People like you look at the FG% and say WOWWWWWWW
and get your stick all caught up in a bunch massaging yourselves.

But none of those came from Jumpshots, the man didn't HAVE A JUMPER... LMAO
FG% Lies, Scored only from layups freethrows and dunk...He couldn't make a jumper if his life depended on it, but just bullies his way to the rim for bailout calls from refs or layups or dunks..

That my friend is what seperates Lebron from Kobe.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 05:18 PM

That season was unbelievable. Even though the Lakers weren't real title contenders. It was amazing watching the guy come out expecting him to drop 40 or 50 every game.

RapsFan
07-21-2010, 05:55 PM
I am sure this has been said, but I can't imagine reading through the thousands of threads on this topic.

I am confused why Wade and Bosh are being compared to top 10 all time greats like Magic and Bird. How is it relevant that MJ wouldn't call them up? He had Pippen and PJax. Bird and Magic both had stacked teams. We're talking all this nonsense about apples and oranges.

If MJ had said, " I never thought about calling up Clyde Drexler and Brad Daugherty" then that might be a reasonable comparison. My response would again have been to that "MJ, you had Pippen and Pjax". But it's not like LBJ is teaming up with Kobe and prime Tim Duncan here. :confusedshrug:

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 06:11 PM
I am sure this has been said, but I can't imagine reading through the thousands of threads on this topic.

I am confused why Wade and Bosh are being compared to top 10 all time greats like Magic and Bird. How is it relevant that MJ wouldn't call them up? He had Pippen and PJax. Bird and Magic both had stacked teams. We're talking all this nonsense about apples and oranges.

If MJ had said, " I never thought about calling up Clyde Drexler and Brad Daugherty" then that might be a reasonable comparison. My response would again have been to that "MJ, you had Pippen and Pjax". But it's not like LBJ is teaming up with Kobe and prime Tim Duncan here. :confusedshrug:

Easy. Same reason why Magic, Bird, etc weren't top 10 all time greats back when they were playing against Jordan. The flaw in your argument is that you are assuming they were ALREADY conducted into the HOF when Jordan was playing against them. Not the case then, nor now. A fair comparison shows Lebron teaming up with 2 other superstar players in their prime (1 other being top 3 in the league), something Bird, nor Magic nor Jordan have ever done.

RapsFan
07-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Easy. Same reason why Magic, Bird, etc weren't top 10 all time greats back when they were playing against Jordan. The flaw in your argument is that you are assuming they were ALREADY conducted into the HOF when Jordan was playing against them. Not the case then, nor now. A fair comparison shows Lebron teaming up with 2 other superstar players in their prime (1 other being top 3 in the league), something Bird, nor Magic nor Jordan have ever done.

Did you watch the NBA back then? Magic and Bird, especially when Jordan was GOAT were easily considered locks for the HOF and top players of all time. Even if they hadn't officially cemented their place in the top 10 (which they had), that still doesn't mean Bosh and Wade are on that level.

And again, Magic, Bird nor Jordan had to team up because they had it already. That's the biggest difference.

Are you also saying that some day Chris Bosh will be considered a top 10 great? Please.

So much of the NBA success is circumstances. If Bosh went to the Cavs, Lebron would have stayed. If they had a reasonable supporting team with a 2nd stud (something ALL winning teams have) and a good coach, he wouldn't have left. Circumstances didn't have that in the cards for him so I find it funny these legends are talking smack. The best part of it all is the Bosh thing. I watched that guy a ton and he's not a top 10 of anything other then a top 10 Raptor of all time.

Finally, do you really think that MJ and Magic are literally speaking about how their mind set was 15 years ago? No, they are talking about teaming up with 2 top 10 greats, which again is something Lebron isn't doing either. And on top of it, it's not like Lebron is MJ! Seems all silly to me.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 06:39 PM
So much of the NBA success is circumstances. If Bosh went to the Cavs, Lebron would have stayed. If they had a reasonable supporting team with a 2nd stud (something ALL winning teams have) and a good coach, he wouldn't have left. Circumstances didn't have that in the cards for him so I find it funny these legends are talking smack. The best part of it all is the Bosh thing. I watched that guy a ton and he's not a top 10 of anything other then a top 10 Raptor of all time.

Finally, do you really think that MJ and Magic are literally speaking about how their mind set was 15 years ago? No, they are talking about teaming up with 2 top 10 greats, which again is something Lebron isn't doing either. And on top of it, it's not like Lebron is MJ! Seems all silly to me.

Lebron put himself into the circumstance, and he chose the easiest way out. Had he chosen Chicago or NY, he'd still have a chance to prove the critics wrong and win with one other big in Amare or Boozer. That's why most of his fans were upset that he copped out on them to join another 2 other alpha dogs.

Bosh is a top 10 player in the NBA.

And yes, hence why Jordan/Magic/Bird were talking about their competitive days in college and how they loved to compete against one another enough that they would never consider joining one another.

NBASTATMAN
07-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Michael Jordan:

Larry Bird:

Magic Johnson:

Charles Barkley:

Sources:
Link#1 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Michael-Jordan-and-Charles-Barkley-aren-t-impres;_ylt=AsG_nJrhuh7AR0xvP_dRFqvYrYZ4?urn=nba,2 56794)
Link#2 (http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/web_100715.html)
Link#3 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Michael-Jordan-weighs-in-on-LeBron-James-and-Kob;_ylt=AkyqIJn_zXwsHwFAWXG4pRDYrYZ4?urn=nba,2554 54)
Link#4 (http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=64255)
Link#5 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5395989)

So there you have it folks. The GOAT players, influences and competitors of the game of basketball have spoken. Seems like the oldschool folks prefer great competitors in today's league. Isn't that the way game of basketball should be? What do you think?

Those Larry Bird Comments were made in 2008... When Kobe was still the best player in the game... Magic changes his mind every day on who is the best but he has lebron and kOBE as the two best.. Mj has Kobe as his beST...

But Jerry West still has Lebron as his best.. I think Wade is the best... Everyone has an opinion... I will take Jerry's as the best.. Larry's is a opinion he gave in 2008.. When Kobe in my opinion was still the best player...

itsGameTime
07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
If MJ had said, " I never thought about calling up Clyde Drexler and Brad Daugherty" then that might be a reasonable comparison.

In fact, a recent thread posted on ISH stated when MJ was asked by Blazers GM who had the chance to draft him if he would like to play with Clyde, he said no that'd be dumb for him to go there. MJ was competitive, an alpha dog. There was no way he would join another alpha dog, let alone 2 alpha dogs, and he didn't.

BallsOut
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Magic changes his mind every day on who is the best but he has lebron and kOBE as the two best.. Mj has Kobe as his beST...
But Jerry West still has Lebron as his best.. I think Wade is the best... Everyone has an opinion... I will take Jerry's as the best.. Larry's is a opinion he gave in 2008.. When Kobe in my opinion was still the best player...

Except in his latest quote, Magic has Kobe as his best, so I don't know where you got "2 bests" from. There can only be one.

SuddenImpact09
07-21-2010, 07:30 PM

But who does that? Honestly if you are the leader of the team you dont play for the box score. Just because you werent efficient enough for peoples standards doesn't mean he didn't make an impact on the court. All of this is nitpicking because at the end of the day if Kobe is having a spot on night or a way off night, the gameplan is to contain him at all costs. That means if all 5 players must commit to stopping Kobe then thats what they do. In all honesty I have NEVER seen a defender sag off of Kobe Bryant(outside of a zone and even still) when having a bad game.

Stats dont tell the whole story and this has been beaten to death. But some people just dont understand that.

RJChPD
07-21-2010, 07:33 PM
smh... another typical day at insidehoops..

RapsFan
07-21-2010, 08:47 PM
In fact, a recent thread posted on ISH stated when MJ was asked by Blazers GM who had the chance to draft him if he would like to play with Clyde, he said no that'd be dumb for him to go there. MJ was competitive, an alpha dog. There was no way he would join another alpha dog, let alone 2 alpha dogs, and he didn't.

Totally irrelevant to what my post was saying. He had an alpha dog on his own team and the best coach ever already. And of course he wouldn't want to go to a team with another young SG? :confusedshrug:

Great article about what I am saying:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/18462/magic-johnson-sought-elite-teammates-too

Bigsmoke
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
man **** those old ******.

this is ****ing 2010, who give a **** how they want the game to be played right now. Lebron is happy with talent so now he's ready to win as many titles. Now move on.

Simple Jack
07-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Lebron scored 31ppg in 05-06 season with 48% FG...
People like you look at the FG% and say WOWWWWWWW
and get your stick all caught up in a bunch massaging yourselves.

But none of those came from Jumpshots, the man didn't HAVE A JUMPER... LMAO
FG% Lies, Scored only from layups freethrows and dunk...He couldn't make a jumper if his life depended on it, but just bullies his way to the rim for bailout calls from refs or layups or dunks..

That my friend is what seperates Lebron from Kobe.

It usually helps when you include statistics or at least some type of reference for evidence. LOL at none of his points coming from jumpshots - all he did was lay it up.

The best part is, you fail to understand that it doesn't matter how you get your points, as long as you get them.

Anyway, who's better, Gasol or Dwight?

godofgods
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't think Bird dissed Bron. He did say that Bron has the freedom to do what he feels is right for him, even though Bird was kind of hoping Bron would stay with Cleveland and get some rings there.

BallsOut
07-22-2010, 03:32 PM
man **** those old ******.

haters are furious :lol

TheLogo
07-22-2010, 03:37 PM
they are totally correct about Lebron.

SSSTRESSS
07-23-2010, 04:26 AM

Yo, we were here first!

LOL

necya
07-23-2010, 10:05 AM

maybe he was in the game 7 of the finals?
typic comment from an asshole.

BallsOut
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Funny how after several months, the consensus on ISH now thinks Kobe is the best player. SMH at those people who think the GOATs' opinions don't matter. :lol

Derka
07-23-2010, 02:18 PM

Yo, we were here first!

I just threw up in my mouth.

Simple Jack
07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Funny how after several months, the consensus on ISH now thinks Kobe is the best player. SMH at those people who think the GOATs' opinions don't matter. :lol

An opinion, without logic, is irrelevant.

God forbid you call out any analyst or "expert opinion" at any time while you post here.

Take a class in logic, it'll do you wonders.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-23-2010, 04:45 PM

God forbid you call out any analyst or "expert opinion" at any time while you post here.

hardly much "logic" involved.
"experts" watch the games, watch the players, and weigh in.
it ain't exactly quantum physics.

BallsOut
07-26-2010, 02:12 PM

That really is the difference between Lebron fanboys like you and real basketball fans. They'll sit behind the computer all day like you and look at boxscores drooling over 27/8/7 on high fg%, and think he's the best player. No, the best player wills his team to win games, not put up huge regular season numbers to quit on them 4 times in a crucial 7 game series.

Simple Jack
07-26-2010, 04:53 PM
hardly much "logic" involved.
"experts" watch the games, watch the players, and weigh in.
it ain't exactly quantum physics.

Of course there is logic; there is logic behind every opinion; whether or not it makes sense is another story.

Simple Jack
07-26-2010, 04:55 PM
That really is the difference between Lebron fanboys like you and real basketball fans. They'll sit behind the computer all day like you and look at boxscores drooling over 27/8/7 on high fg%, and think he's the best player. No, the best player wills his team to win games, not put up huge regular season numbers to quit on them 4 times in a crucial 7 game series.

Why didn't Kobe "will" his team to victory in 05-06 or 07 or 08? How about when he had Shaq/Malone/Payton? Where was his killer instinct then? The best player is the person who consistently, on a nightly basis, plays the best.

By your logic Wade was better than Kobe in 05-06. Pierce was better in 08. You really want to argue that stance? This forum has turned into a joke; Kobe stans are like a virus, slowly spreading through every internet forum.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Of course there is logic; there is logic behind every opinion; whether or not it makes sense is another story.

Then that would make the statement below illogical.
:cheers:

Ikill
07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
why does it have to be kobe or lebron why cant it be someone else

Simple Jack
07-27-2010, 12:09 AM
Then that would make the statement below illogical.
:cheers:

I've given my reasons. I can't imagine how simple your naive life must be if you simply "take peoples word for it" instead of analyzing what they say and forming your own opinion....based on logic.

TryToBeUnbias
07-27-2010, 12:20 AM
I just threw up in my mouth.
I concur, The thought of this is disgusting

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-27-2010, 12:25 AM
I've given my reasons. I can't imagine how simple your naive life must be if you simply "take peoples word for it" instead of analyzing what they say and forming your own opinion....based on logic.

:roll:
so, you proved yourself illogical, and therefore resorted to name calling.
OK, simple jack. Good luck with your logic.

The Choken One
07-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Honestly, no one should even need to hear that Kobe is the best player in the league. Should have known that for like 4 or 5 years now. =/

Simple Jack
07-27-2010, 12:43 AM
:roll:
so, you proved yourself illogical, and therefore resorted to name calling.
OK, simple jack. Good luck with your logic.

You're suggesting I didn't provide a reason; I have, plenty of times, in nearly all of my posts (not just in this thread.) You naivety is not surprising though.

bada bing
07-27-2010, 12:50 AM
hate or love kobe but one has to admit that as of right now, Kobe> Lebron.

lebron made a ***** move and this will stay with him for the rest of his life. he fcked up by listening to the idiots that surround him.

Simple Jack
07-27-2010, 12:58 AM

lebron made a ***** move and this will stay with him for the rest of his life. he fcked up by listening to the idiots that surround him.

Deciding to leave his team doesn't affect how he played over the last season. This is what I mean by having no logic for your opinion.

DixieNourmous
07-27-2010, 01:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/O6peG.jpg

amfirst
07-27-2010, 01:47 AM
People need to stop defending LeBron that was a pussaay move he did. In a few years Kobe would be done and the league would have been LeBron, Durant, Wade for the taking. Instead LeBron decides to ride Wades nuts, knowing fully well he will win a ring with or without him. Dude could have easily went to the bulls and Knicks to have his Pippen in Rose or Amare. But he still didn't believe he could win unless he play with someone possibly better than him and only competition in the future. That's a b17c14 move to me.

MJ didn't play with Bird of Magic, he played with Pippen. Pippen was top ten during that time, not rank #1 or #2. Meaning there was still competition. Imagine Magic and Bird teaming in their prime to beat MJ that would be a b17c14 move, if they were the same age. Or that they all join one team... how stupid would that look.

Soundwave
07-27-2010, 02:19 PM

Uh ... I dunno about that.

The Lakers *barely* beat the Celtics.

Downgrade Gasol + Artest + Odom + semi-injured Bynum to Jamison + old Shaq + Mo Williams and odds are Kobe would lose to the Celtics too.

And vice versa, give LeBron Gasol/Artest/Odom/Fisher and he probably does beat the Celtics.

I don't think individually Kobe is better than LeBron any more. He just was on better teams.

Anyways I agree with this article:

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/07/27/superteams/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

The NBA is different now with expansion diluting the talent pool.

BallsOut
07-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Uh ... I dunno about that.

The Lakers *barely* beat the Celtics.

Downgrade Gasol + Artest + Odom + semi-injured Bynum to Jamison + old Shaq + Mo Williams and odds are Kobe would lose to the Celtics too.

And vice versa, give LeBron Gasol/Artest/Odom/Fisher and he probably does beat the Celtics.

I don't think individually Kobe is better than LeBron any more. He just was on better teams.

Anyways I agree with this article:

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/07/27/superteams/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

The NBA is different now with expansion diluting the talent pool.

The Cavs won 60+ games each of the last two seasons. When will you guys stop making excuses already? All this about inferior teammates when it was Lebron that quit on his team 4 times in that series. Mo Williams had the same amount of good games in that series as Lebron did lmao. Doesn't matter who you give him, his quitting diva attitude never wins.

Soundwave
07-27-2010, 02:38 PM
The Cavs won 60+ games each of the last two seasons. When will you guys stop making excuses already? All this about inferior teammates when it was Lebron that quit on his team 4 times in that series. Mo Williams had the same amount of good games in that series as Lebron did lmao. Doesn't matter who you give him, his quitting diva attitude never wins.

Answer the question.

Would Kobe beat the Celtics if you downgraded Gasol + Odom + Artest to Jamison + old ass Shaq + Mo Williams?

You know damn well what the answer is.

You don't win a prize for winning 60 games, an inflated number because the bottom half of the East stinks worse than dog poop. If the Cavs are such a great team lets see how many games they win this year. They should at least be able to make the playoffs ... the Bulls did the year after Jordan retired in '93, the Magic did in '97 after Shaq left.

Mr. Jabbar
07-27-2010, 02:40 PM

lol!! best cat gif ive seen in a while

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-27-2010, 02:43 PM
You're suggesting I didn't provide a reason; I have, plenty of times, in nearly all of my posts (not just in this thread.) You naivety is not surprising though.

your comprehension appears limited.

First you said: "An opinion without logic is irrelevant"
Then you said: "there is logic behind every opinion"

So, how can there be "an opinion withou logic" if there "is logic behind every opinion".

Just admit you goofed. Also, learn to use the word "naivety" in its proper context.

Simple Jack
07-27-2010, 03:00 PM
your comprehension appears limited.

First you said: "An opinion without logic is irrelevant"
Then you said: "there is logic behind every opinion"

So, how can there be "an opinion withou logic" if there "is logic behind every opinion".

Just admit you goofed. Also, learn to use the word "naivety" in its proper context.

Are you this stupid? Seriously?

An opinion, without logic (as in, if you don't state your logic) is irrelevant. Hence me telling you that taking someones word for it without analyzing or hearing reasoning is stupid and naive.

Naivety was used in its proper context. You was a typo for "your".

Nice try.

BallsOut
07-27-2010, 04:29 PM

:lol :lol

Calabis
07-27-2010, 06:45 PM

I don't know how many times I need to post this, before the Kobehomers quit spewing garbage

According to kobe's shot chart, he scored:

460 pts on layups & dunks
572 pts inside 10 ft
862 pts inside of 15 ft
439 pts from the FT line

Only 669 pts from him were actually scored from15+ ft!! 1,301 of his pts have come INSIDE 15 ft or the FT line!! 66% (2/3 of his pts) came inside of 15 ft & the FT line!! :rant

LA KB24
07-27-2010, 06:55 PM
who cares what magic thinks? dude flip flops all the f*cking time.

he's one of the greatest players, but needs to just stfu.

BallsOut
07-27-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know how many times I need to post this, before the Kobehomers quit spewing garbage

According to kobe's shot chart, he scored:

460 pts on layups & dunks
572 pts inside 10 ft
862 pts inside of 15 ft
439 pts from the FT line

Only 669 pts from him were actually scored from15+ ft!! 1,301 of his pts have come INSIDE 15 ft or the FT line!! 66% (2/3 of his pts) came inside of 15 ft & the FT line!! :rant

77% of Kobe's shot attempts are jump shots.

Source: http://www.82games.com/0910/09LAL5.HTM

Calabis
07-27-2010, 07:03 PM
It's not so hard to understand. The latest from the Jordan, Magic and Bird camp state Kobe is the best player in the NBA.

Again, straight from their mouths, not mine. Don't cry or make insults, because you can't handle it. :lol

Why do Kobefans point out what great players say about Kobe being the best in the NBA and treat it as gold, but when arguing who's GOAT, they ignore the 99.9% of NBA'ers who say number 23 is better....and refer to those same NBA'ers as haters?

LA KB24
07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
lebron should've just went to chicago. the bulls would at least make the finals. he still would be "the man" and his legacy would be intact.

i think he'll regret this decision once he finally grows up.

Calabis
07-27-2010, 07:11 PM

So because he shoots a 10 ft jumper that makes it difficult to make??? Who cares, you are acting like this guy is bombing nothing but 20 footers, I posted where his points were scored, far more important

BallsOut
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
So because he shoots a 10 ft jumper that makes it difficult to make??? Who cares, you are acting like this guy is bombing nothing but 20 footers, I posted where his points were scored, far more important

Do you know what Lebron's % on 8-10ft jumpshots is? Guess :roll: 29-32% sounds about accurate.

I don't remember the last time Kobe was ever open on any of his jump shots. There's always a hand in his face or someone on his grill.

Calabis
07-27-2010, 07:14 PM
lebron should've just went to chicago. the bulls would at least make the finals. he still would be "the man" and his legacy would be intact.

i think he'll regret this decision once he finally grows up.

I agree as a Bull fan, it would have been nice although I preferred Wade, because I thought his game suited Rose better

Bandito
07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Why do Kobefans point out what great players say about Kobe being the best in the NBA and treat it as gold, but when arguing who's GOAT, they ignore the 99.9% of NBA'ers who say number 23 is better....and refer to those same NBA'ers as haters?
What is exactly an NBA'er? Because most people here are either Kobe or Lebron fans and both of those people are stupid as fu...it is very easy to say that neither is GOAT. Kobe is a great player but he lost his bus to be the Greatest went he decided to 'rape' (never was proven) that girl and his attitude when Shaq was in the team (I blame Shaq though because being in the same team with him should've been annoying as hell). Lebron lost his chance when he abandoned his team and city to go to greener pastures in Miami and be the second fiddle to Wade.

The greatest in the game is still MJ and will always be him. (Of course Bill Russell should be in that argument because he was a great player too.)

When he has so many people behind his ass and in his face it is difficult to make. Just ask MJ, he made a career out of that. Heck when he was in the Wiz the only thing he did was jumpshots and he still score 50 on people younger than him.

Calabis
07-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Do you know what Lebron's % on 8-10ft jumpshots is? Guess :roll: 29-32% sounds about accurate.

I don't remember the last time Kobe was ever open on any of his jump shots. There's always a hand in his face or someone on his grill.

Wow...ok,,,,whatever I guess...now the guy has never seen a open jumper:roll:
Pretty sure he saw a ton when Shaq was there

Calabis
07-27-2010, 07:23 PM

Uhh when did I say Lebron was a better scorer than Kobe, your argument was with a guy who was simply pointing out that people act as if Kobe is the GOAT scorer, yet he can not shoot 50%.....your trying to justify that by acting as if he shoots nothing but 20 foot bombs....fact is most of his points 2/3 of his points come from inside 15ft and free throw line...fact is he has bad shot selection, therefore he shots 40%-46%

Calabis
07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
What is exactly an NBA'er? Because most people here are either Kobe or Lebron fans and both of those people are stupid as fu...

When he has so many people behind his ass and in his face it is difficult to make. Just ask MJ, he made a career out of that. Heck when he was in the Wiz the only thing he did was jumpshots and he still score 50 on people younger than him.

No need to, he shot 50% that's my point

BallsOut
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Uhh when did I say Lebron was a better scorer than Kobe, your argument was with a guy who was simply pointing out that people act as if Kobe is the GOAT scorer, yet he can not shoot 50%.....your trying to justify that by acting as if he shoots nothing but 20 foot bombs....fact is most of his points 2/3 of his points come from inside 15ft and free throw line...fact is he has bad shot selection, therefore he shots 40%-46%

lol at Kobe not being the GOAT scorer. He has a strong argument to be the GOAT scorer no question. Who was the last guy that put up 62 in 3 quarters or 81 in 4 or 9 straight 40+ games? Dude at 32 years of age still dropping 24pts in a quarter against a stifling Boston Celtic defense on the road.

And Kobe doesn't shoot 40%, he's a career 45% fg jump shooter. Hard to find many of those in the history of the league. The guy is making volumes of shots with a hand in his face on every one of them. It's no wonder Jordan, Magic and Bird love his game so much. You Lebron fan boys only care about stats. That's why he's still ringless. The game of basketball goes beyond stats.

PowerGlove
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
3/6,800,000,000

BallsOut
07-28-2010, 04:12 PM
3/6,800,000,000

Correction, thread says 5/5 stars and lol @ banned :lol

BallsOut
07-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow...ok,,,,whatever I guess...now the guy has never seen a open jumper:roll:
Pretty sure he saw a ton when Shaq was there

Um no.

Batz
07-29-2010, 03:22 PM

82games...? Really...? :oldlol:

BallsOut
07-29-2010, 08:31 PM

Simple Jack
07-30-2010, 02:29 PM
82games...? Really...? :oldlol:

Batz...? Really...? :oldlol:

SMH at people acting like they are more credible than a website that reports statistics...

clipps
07-30-2010, 04:12 PM
I used to think Kobe fans were the biggest retards. LeBron Fans: not lookin' good.

*waiting for Clipper jokes*

BallsOut
07-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Yo, we were here first!

Thank God this never happened. As a sport, basketball wouldn't be where it is today if these guys were all on the same team.

zizozain
07-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Michael Jordan: NBA Legends Put LeBron James In His Place

''It didn’t take the word of any NBA legend to prove how much of a cowardly, legacy-killing move it was for LeBron James to flee his home state of Ohio and the Cleveland Cavaliers to join up with fellow NBA superstar Dwyane Wade in Miami.

But it sure put the cherry on top.

With quotes from Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and Charles Barkley all out for the public to see, it adds more emphasis to the already pretty obvious assessment of LeBron James’ handling of his free agency.

Jordan said, “There’s no way, with hindsight, I would’ve ever called up Larry, called up Magic, and said ‘Hey look, let’s get together and play on one team. But that’s…things are different. I can’t say that’s a bad thing. It’s an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty I was trying to beat those guys.”

This is Jordan once again living up to the reputation of being a true competitor—something that LeBron has lacked thus far in his career. When the going has gotten tough, LeBron has failed to measure up to his self-imposed royalty standard.

Magic Johnson chimed in with, “We didn’t think about it because that’s not what we were about. From college I was trying to figure out how to beat Larry Bird”

Magic clearly also couldn’t see himself making a move similar to LeBron’s. He accepted the challenge of his rivalry with Bird and used it to elevate his game throughout his career.

Larry Bird added, “There is no way I would have joined Magic or Michael and play with them. The only time I ever wanted to play with Magic was on the Olympic team, and even then our practices were hard, and we beat each other up in practice.”

Bird also gives off the feeling that he was constantly on a mission to be the best and beat the best, another sign of a strong competitor.

Even Charles Barkley responded.

“(Reggie) Miller and I are in 100% agreement on this," he said. "If you’re the two-time NBA MVP you don’t leave anywhere. They come to you. That’s ridiculous. LeBron will never be Jordan. This clearly takes him out of the conversation.

"He can win as much as he wants to. There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as ‘The Man.’ LeBron if he would have won in Cleveland and if he could have got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade’s team.”

Barkley was the hardest the decision, living up to his reputation in not shying away from sharing exactly how he feels. Barkley might not have the strongest standing, but he hit the nail right on the head with his quote.

If LeBron was “King James” and a legitimate threat to be one of the best basketball players of all-time, he needed to do it in Cleveland—or at the very least with a team where he was “the man”.

There are plenty of LeBron James supporters who are blowing off what these legends have to say, claiming they are bitter and rolling with the "LeBron is his own man," argument. But this makes absolutely no sense.

Yes, LeBron is his own man and he can choose to play where he wants and with whom he wants. But they must understand that there are consequences and conclusions that will be made directly from his actions.

When taking into account that he called himself “King James” before he ever stepped foot into the NBA and the fact he wore number 23, he can thank himself for a lot of the hype and high expectations. The rest of the credit can go to ESPN and its ability to feed spectators with constant brainwashing highlights and praise on a daily basis, no matter the result.

As silly as it may sound, the two-time MVP has already failed miserably in his attempt to meet the expectations of his NBA career, despite the fact that it is far from over.

James' ego has reached an absurd level. There is no doubt that he believed he could be the best ever to play the game, and knowing his cocky mindset he might even have thought he already achieved it in his years in Cleveland.

It is no surprise to see LeBron walk around in the offseason rotating “Check My Stats” and “MVP” t-shirts in his wardrobe for the public to see, because this guy really thinks that everything that has gone wrong in his career thus far has been someone else’s fault. He has grown so accustomed to everyone constantly servicing him and providing excuse after excuse for him in times of failure that he really believes that he has never been to blame for Cleveland’s postseason eliminations.

LeBron has constantly not been able to take his team to the next level in the postseason, where he seems to fold under pressure the most. In his eyes this has always been due to the fact of his “lack of a supporting cast,” which is a moronic excuse that will only be tolerated by the ‘witnesses”.

No one is saying that his teammates have been elite and an unstoppable force, but at the same time a player held in such a high standing among his peers, and one that has been compared to the greatest of the greats, could have easily taken at least one of his squads to the "Promised Land" with proper execution.

“The Decision” is further proof of James’ demonstrative ego and lack of good character and judgment. He seems to believe that the world revolves around him and that he was a blessing to the city of Cleveland—that they should have just been thankful that he gave them seven years of his career.

He obviously didn’t feel the need to return any gratefulness, as he chose to not only ditch his Ohio native team but to announce his decision in secretive fashion on Primetime television in an hour-long special on ESPN without as much as a phone call to the Cavaliers.

Apparently this was too much to ask of LeBron, because if he were to call the Cavs and let them know of his departure his decision would have lost its secrecy.

WHO CARES!!!
James was focused on making this whole day and night “About Me,” as opposed to what the whole offseason was I guess. In turn, the Cavaliers and their fan base were betrayed and disrespected on a whole new level thanks to James.

Team owner Dan Gilbert didn’t stand for it, as he retaliated with an extremely emotional letter addressing the former Cleveland superstar. The letter called out LeBron for his narcissistic, cowardly “decision,” chastising him not only for his choice but the stage he created to make his “decision”.

Gilbert also mentioned claims that James had quit in the postseason series against the Boston Celtics, in which the Cavs were eliminated in six games. This may be up for debate amongst the viewers, but anyone who knows and watches basketball can easily view it as a legitimate theory.

Just staring at his stats it may seem absurd, but watching James in the past postseason it certainly seems feasible that he mailed it in when it mattered the most, on more than one occasion.
It is also likely that he dragged all Cleveland supporters along these past two years with full intention of ditching the Cavs since the Olympics. James and Wade probably giggled like schoolgirls together at the thought of joining forces, and throw in a legitimate top five big man in the league like Chris Bosh and they assumed that they would be unstoppable.

Even though they planned it out in their heads, it was still on Pat Riley to execute the dream. But once the offseason began for the three parties involved there was no doubts in LeBron’s head about where he was going to play.

LeBron had no interest in bringing his team to the top and conquering whatever obstacles or challenges he met along the way. His main concern has been to grow his supposed "brand" internationally and become a billionaire.

Little does he know he is going about this mission in a completely mistaken way.

Michael Jordan proved himself and earned his reputation on the court as a competitor and a champion before he branched himself into an international industry. LeBron, on the other hand, is like one of those celebrities on TV that are famous for no reason. He thinks because he was handed a crown that he can just live off of that for the rest of his career and become an International icon for the years to come.

But he is sadly misguided.

He has been fed more compliments and hype than any other athlete in sports history for someone who has never won a championship. Now he claims he would rather be compared to Magic than Jordan because inside he has conceded to the truth and the fact that he can’t live up to the hype and even sniff the Jordan level—or even the Kobe level for that matter.

So anyone who thinks LeBron's decision is just another basic business move that any athlete would have made can only be described in one way: delusional''

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/425824-nba-legends-put-lebron-in-his-place

BallsOut
07-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Great article. Pretty much sums it up.

BallsOut
08-02-2010, 03:48 AM
Oh no, the GOATs are Kobe stans! Haters are furious aren't they? :lol :lol

Simple Jack
08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Oh no, the GOATs are Kobe stans! Haters are furious aren't they? :lol :lol

Why bump a thread you posted in last, just to say what you've been saying all thread? Stop trolling.

BallsOut
08-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Why bump a thread you posted in last, just to say what you've been saying all thread?

Because people need to know who the GOATs think is the best player in the game. :lol

DCL
08-03-2010, 05:48 AM
it was a different era back then. both magic and bird were blessed with competitive and capable teammates early on. so they didnt have to seek elsewhere or ever think about signing anywhere else.

jordan went through down phases early on but he stuck with the bulls and found success later on.

so if those guys got certain opinions about this whole thing, it's because they went through it with their own experiences. they did it differently from lebron.

HOWEVER.... i dont know why the hell is chuck is talking though?? LOL

now this guy was a total ring chaser. tried to chase with the suns and then really really showed his desperate colors when he tried to chase with hakeem and pippen, even though they were all old by then. the plan might had failed but the motive to ring chase was all there. barkley got no room to talk.

nbacardDOTnet
08-03-2010, 08:03 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

BallsOut
08-04-2010, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=zizozain]
Even Charles Barkley responded.

BallsOut
08-05-2010, 04:26 PM

PowerGlove
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
3/6,800,000,000
:applause:

BallsOut
08-20-2010, 04:18 PM

whatever666
08-30-2010, 05:54 AM
:facepalm