PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Shooting Form : Kobe Bryant!! (Feathery Touch)

Bladers
07-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Feathery Touch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NExxOKfGjQU#t=2m13s

WOW....
I'm speechless! That's the best shooting form I have seen.
I hope Lebron doesn't stumble upon this video.

Rose
07-22-2010, 01:18 AM
I like Eric Gordon's just a little bit more.

Courtside View
07-22-2010, 01:19 AM
So all of you guys getting your dumb ass Kobe threads deleted means nothing to you, huh? You just don't learn, huh?

Why do you worship a man? Seriously. Please let me know because it truly baffles me.

AllenIverson3
07-22-2010, 01:20 AM
Ever heard of Ray Allen?

:lol @ that chick hitting on Bryant at the end

Bladers
07-22-2010, 01:24 AM
So all of you guys getting your dumb ass Kobe threads deleted means nothing to you, huh? You just don't learn, huh?

Why do you worship a man? Seriously. Please let me know because it truly baffles me.

I'm just pointing out his feathery touch shooting form? The best I have seen so far, seems to work wonders.

Maybe you should try it?:confusedshrug:

Doranku
07-22-2010, 01:24 AM

Damn breh, that chick wanted Kobe almost as bad as you do. :oldlol:

Courtside View
07-22-2010, 01:28 AM

Why do you worship a man? Seriously. Please let me know because it truly baffles me

KobeDaMamba
07-22-2010, 01:30 AM
:oldlol:

tpols
07-22-2010, 01:32 AM
wow youre a dbag:lol kobe's nuts are hanging outta ur mouf...

ImmortalD24
07-22-2010, 01:33 AM
wow youre a dbag:lol kobe's nuts are hanging outta ur mouf... :lol

Bladers
07-22-2010, 01:40 AM
Does anyone have video of Lebron's shooting form? LMAO...:lol :lol :lol
Just Asking...

Rose
07-22-2010, 01:57 AM
Just Asking...

It's kind of hard to find, especially any videos after May. For some reason it's like he stops playing or something around that time of year.

DuMa
07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
I want to subscribe to your daily newsletter

Scribbles
07-22-2010, 02:05 AM
It works for Kobe obviously, but index finger isn't fundamentally correct. Textbook form is middle finger.

Practically no one has perfect textbook form though, everyone's got something different that they use

john_d
07-22-2010, 02:06 AM
lol

kobe's touch is pretty good ( ow shit that didn't sounded good ^^ )
but i have seen better. Ray Allen is pretty smooth himself.

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:06 AM
It works for Kobe obviously, but index finger isn't fundamentally correct. Textbook form is middle finger.

Practically no one has perfect textbook form though, everyone's got something different that they use

I rather follow Kobe than textbook, his stats speaks for themselves. :confusedshrug:

redridinghood
07-22-2010, 02:16 AM
ray ray begs to differ

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:20 AM
ray ray begs to differ

All Ray Ray does is run, get open, catch and shoot.
Kobe actually creates his own jumper and it works out well for him.
So i rather have Kobe's form than ray.
I don't want to run all over the court just to shoot a jumper..:oldlol:
Ray system is catch and shoot.
I wan't a system where i'm able to create my own shot and the feathery touch does wonders for me :D

Scribbles
07-22-2010, 02:20 AM
I rather follow Kobe than textbook, his stats speaks for themselves. :confusedshrug:

I didn't say otherwise

redridinghood
07-22-2010, 02:23 AM
All Ray Ray does is run, get open, catch and shoot.
Kobe actually creates his own jumper and it works out well for him.
So i rather have Kobe's form than ray.
I don't want to run all over the court just to shoot a jumper..:oldlol:
I wan't to be able to create my own shot with the feathery touch :D
We are talking about shooting form aren't we?

devin112
07-22-2010, 02:23 AM

Kobe practices for 8 hours a day, it's his job. He's mentioned how his form isn't perfect- his elbow points out a little, not perfectly in shot line, and this 1 finger finish. If you have 8 hours a day to practice you can make almost any form work out.

Guess you have 8 hours a day to hug Kobe's sack. Kobe's fan base probably has the most unemployed and uneducated among all jock riding fans.

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Kobe practices for 8 hours a day, it's his job. He's mentioned how his form isn't perfect- his elbow points out a little, not perfectly in shot line, and this 1 finger finish. If you have 8 hours a day to practice you can make almost any form work out.

Guess you have 8 hours a day to hug Kobe's sack. Kobe's fan base probably has the most unemployed and uneducated among all jock riding fans.

You don't need 8 hours a day to perfect a form?
1-2 hrs will do...
Kobe does it cause its his Job, his occupation. This is what he gets paid to do, so he wants to do it right.

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:29 AM
We are talking about shooting form aren't we?

But there are different shooting forms for different types of play.
Ray allen can't use that same shooting form and do what kobe does.
His form is for catch and shoot.

He can't dribble dribble, dribble, crossover, crossover, fadeaway falling out of bounds with two defenders on him and make it.

That's not his form, he would airball.

Scribbles
07-22-2010, 02:32 AM
1-2 hrs will do...
Kobe does it cause its his Job, his occupation. This is what he gets paid to do, so he wants to do it right.

Are you serious? 1-2 hours? I really question your basketball knowledge if you think NBA players only spend 1-2 hours perfecting their form. 2 hours isn't enough to even make NCAA

redridinghood
07-22-2010, 02:33 AM
As far as I'm concern, MJ had a better fade away jumper, but nobody says or said that MJ had the greatest shooting form. Kobe strikes me as an elegant jump shooter, a player who has got most of the basics right so I'd still say that he has good shooting form.

However, Ray has a better basic shooting form compared to Kobe. So unless you have an agenda, you don't have to profess your love everywhere in this forum, it's getting annoying.

devin112
07-22-2010, 02:40 AM
1-2 hrs will do...

I wrote that was his job moron.

I guess you can shoot as good as kobe right? Only 1 or 2 hours, anyone can do that. We all shoot like kobe right?

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:43 AM
Are you serious? 1-2 hours? I really question your basketball knowledge if you think NBA players only spend 1-2 hours perfecting their form. 2 hours isn't enough to even make NCAA

NOT NBA PLAYERS, you dummy.
Regular people like me and you, that's if you even play basketball...

devin112
07-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Kobe is a great player and a great shooter, but his fans are the dumbest **** suckers ever.

Scribbles
07-22-2010, 02:45 AM

Read my post again.

07-22-2010, 02:46 AM
This thread confuses me. The topic states Greatest Shooting Form, then how are you arguing that Ray Allen (among others) doesn't have a better shooting form than Kobe? It makes no difference how the shot is taken..

c3zz4rr
07-22-2010, 02:47 AM

You pretty much do the same for Lebron, so I don't understand how you can criticize others.

devin112

so we just need 1-2 hours to shoot like kobe but it takes nba players longer?

stfu and die.

kobe practices more then anyone. one summer he made 100,000 shots to correct improper rotation. he's a perfectionist. if you want to shoot like kobe you have to put in a lot of time you stupid bitzh. that was the point of my post u fukking moron

Bladers
Read my post again.

and I responded with "not nba players"?
What don't you understand or am i missing something?

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:49 AM
so we just need 1-2 hours to shoot like kobe but it takes nba players longer?

stfu and die.

kobe practices more then anyone. one summer he made 100,000 shots to correct improper rotation. he's a perfectionist. if you want to shoot like kobe you have to put in a lot of time you stupid bitzh. that was the point of my post u fukking moron

LOL I don't have to dot the "i's" and cross the "T's" like Kobe.
Its not like i'm trying to get into the NBA or something.. :confusedshrug:
So no, I don't need to spend 8 hours to shoot like Kobe...
Because there is no way in the end I could ever shoot like Kobe.
It's a goal that cannot be reached, cause it can't be tested because I'm not going to the NBA!

Scribbles
07-22-2010, 02:53 AM
and I responded with "not nba players"?
What don't you understand or am i missing something?

How can you miss that next sentence twice is beyond me

devin112
07-22-2010, 02:54 AM
you know what though, i like watching good shooter practice. i have a couple vids of kobe in shooting practice. great vids to watch. so effortless and beautiful.

you're still sucking down way too much dick though.

Bladers
07-22-2010, 02:55 AM
How can you miss that next sentence twice is beyond me
I'm not trying to make the NCAA neither is anyone in this forum...
That's what i mean by me and you. Neither are you trying to make to NCAA...
You don't have to be in some league or trying to get into one to play and enjoy basketball...

So what's your point?:confusedshrug:

whosegameisit
07-22-2010, 02:55 AM
you know what though, i like watching good shooter practice. i have a couple vids of kobe in shooting practice. great vids to watch. so effortless and beautiful.

you're still sucking down way too much dick though.

it'd be great if u can share them with us

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
07-22-2010, 02:56 AM
I love KObe, but these threads where you guys are essentially giving Kobe oral are rediculous. We all know he is good. Stop with the threads.

Scribbles
07-22-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm not trying to make the NCAA neither is anyone in this forum...
That's what i mean by me and you. Neither are you trying to make to NCAA...
You don't have to be in some league or trying to get into one to play and enjoy basketball...

So what's your point?:confusedshrug:

You think that practicing jumpshots 1-2 hours a day gets you near-perfect form, which is entirely idiotic.

Lol@you acting like you know anything about my goals

devin112
07-22-2010, 03:04 AM
it'd be great if u can share them with us

i have a couple i'll upload to youtube later, i'll let u guys know.

but here's a couple i've seen on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpUrGmIso5c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15vWB5wE4Xc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFN05Y817dw

Bladers
07-22-2010, 03:05 AM
You think that practicing jumpshots 1-2 hours a day gets you near-perfect form, which is entirely idiotic.

Lol@you acting like you know anything about my goals

It depends on what you Practice on and how you practice. I have learned a secret. :banana:

and yes I pretty much know your not gonna make the NCAA nor the NBA.
Maybe the WNBA, but that remains to be seen. :sleeping

devin112
07-22-2010, 03:06 AM
scribbles, he's dumb little kid he'll never get it

gutterballer733
07-22-2010, 03:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjKk092NupI
white boy

OldSchoolBBall
07-22-2010, 03:26 AM
As far as I'm concern, MJ had a better fade away jumper, but nobody says or said that MJ had the greatest shooting form. Kobe strikes me as an elegant jump shooter, a player who has got most of the basics right so I'd still say that he has good shooting form.

However, Ray has a better basic shooting form compared to Kobe. So unless you have an agenda, you don't have to profess your love everywhere in this forum, it's getting annoying.

Uhh, Kobe's form is almost a mirror image of MJ's '93-'98 form.

Simple Jack
07-22-2010, 03:29 AM
Feathery Touch

WOW....

WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH KOBE BRYANT.
THIS IS WHY I HATE LEBRON STANS.
ALWAYS BRING UP KOBE WITH THEIR INSECURE SELVES
NO ONE HAS SAID THE NAME KOBE TILL YOU CAME IN.
PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE AND DIE QUIETLY!

What does this thread have to do with LeBron?

Bladers
07-22-2010, 03:30 AM
What does this thread have to do with LeBron?
It was a Joke?

Simple Jack
07-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Just Asking...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14C6dHBfHMk

(2009-2010 Regular Season)
Dirk Nowitzki scored 773 points from 15 feet and out
Kevin Durant scored 740 points from 15 feet and out
LeBron James scored 731 points from 15 feet and out
Joe Johnson scored 681 points from 15 feet and out
Kobe Bryant scored 669 points from 15 feet and out
Danny Granger scored 656 points from 15 feet and out
Carmelo Anthony scored 571 points from 15 feet and out

Simple Jack
07-22-2010, 03:36 AM
It was a Joke?

Was your next post a "joke" too? Can you give it up already?

redridinghood
07-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Uhh, Kobe's form is almost a mirror image of MJ's '93-'98 form.
judging from videos, I felt that MJ had a more stable fade away jumper as compared to Kobe's. Anyhow, that was just my point of view, it's vague.

lilojmayo
07-22-2010, 03:42 AM
I'm just pointing out his feathery touch shooting form? The best I have seen so far, seems to work wonders.

Maybe you should try it?:confusedshrug:

Believe it or not, i stumbled on a video similar to this, but it had the full breakdown of how Kobe shot in full detail maybe 2 months back or so, where it showed this technique that Kobe does where he dominates his shot with his index finger. It works wonders, it helps you control the ball a ton better than if you all 5 fingers or just your middle finger, or middle+plus index finger.

This helps when your taking off balance shots, or pull ups. Fadeaways, it just brings a whole new arensal when you play. If this technique was actually taught many many more players would be better shooters,players, and off the balance tough shot making players.

Kobe is not the only NBA players who uses this technique.

OJ Mayo
Chauncey Billups
Allen Iverson

I know those 3 use it, and probably many others.

devin112
07-22-2010, 03:43 AM
A few years ago, Kobe fractured the fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand. He missed the first fifteen games of the season; he used the opportunity to learn to shoot jump shots with his left, which he has been known to do in games. While it was healing, the ring finger, the one just adjacent to the break, spent a lot of time taped to his pinkie. In the end, Kobe discovered, his four fingers were no longer evenly spaced; now they were separated, two and two. As a result, his touch on the ball was different, his shooting percentage went down. Studying the film, he noticed that his shots were rotating slightly to the right.

that's why you should learn solid fundamentally sound textbook form instead of copying someone you see on tv. you're not him, you don't know WHY he does the things he does, you're not built like him, etc...

kobe never said that's the best way to shoot. he's had probs w/ his fingers, that's probably why he changed his technique a little.

maybe you should let me break one of your fingers so you can shoot like kobe?

lilojmayo
07-22-2010, 03:49 AM
that's why you should learn solid fundamentally sound textbook form instead of copying someone you see on tv. you're not him, you don't know WHY he does the things he does, you're not built like him, etc...

kobe never said that's the best way to shoot. he's had probs w/ his fingers, that's probably why he changed his technique a little.

maybe you should let me break one of your fingers so you can shoot like kobe?

Nah, Kobe isn't the only NBA player that shoots like that a few do. OJ Mayo, Chauncey Billups, and Allen Iverson I know for a fact use it. I learned this technique about 2 months ago, tried it and now my jumper is legit. The biggest thing though that I have seen is I am able to make harder shots like pull ups, fadeaways, hand cover your eyes easier and more consistently.

I believe Kobe was using his middle finger this season to dominate the ball because his index finger was the one that was broken, I could be wrong on that though.

devin112
07-22-2010, 03:58 AM
Nah, Kobe isn't the only NBA player that shoots like that a few do. OJ Mayo, Chauncey Billups, and Allen Iverson I know for a fact use it. I learned this technique about 2 months ago, tried it and now my jumper is legit. The biggest thing though that I have seen is I am able to make harder shots like pull ups, fadeaways, hand cover your eyes easier and more consistently.

I believe Kobe was using his middle finger this season to dominate the ball because his index finger was the one that was broken, I could be wrong on that though.

oj idolizes kobe, start stalker but that's all good. people did that w/ mj.

show me where it says bilups finishes w/ his index finger. i like his shot, unlike kobe/rayray who points his elbow at the rim, billups keeps his upper arm level w/ the ground like eric gordon.

Bladers
07-22-2010, 04:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14C6dHBfHMk

This is not a Lebron vs. Kobe thread dude.
So take your shit somewhere else.

I asked for video of Lebron's form.

GTFO

YouGotServed
07-22-2010, 04:01 AM
This is not a Lebron vs. Kobe thread dude.
So take your shit somewhere else.

I asked for video of Lebron's form.

GTFO

So, you don't want to make this a Kobe vs LeBron thread but you're asking for a video of LeBron's form. :rolleyes:

Bladers
07-22-2010, 04:05 AM

show me where it says bilups finishes w/ his index finger. i like his shot, unlike kobe/rayray who points his elbow at the rim, billups keeps his upper arm level w/ the ground like eric gordon.

He did bad in the 3pt shooting contest. I was rooting for him to win. :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBCSzqevH7w&feature=related

devin112
07-22-2010, 04:07 AM
He did bad in the 3pt shooting contest. I was rooting for him to win. :confusedshrug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBCSzqevH7w&feature=related

where's the vid of kobe in the 3 point contest?..... .....

Bladers
07-22-2010, 04:16 AM
where's the vid of kobe in the 3 point contest?..... .....

I don't think he has ever been in the 3pt contest...

Bladers
07-22-2010, 04:18 AM
So, you don't want to make this a Kobe vs LeBron thread but you're asking for a video of LeBron's form. :rolleyes:

Because i wanted to see other players form aswell.
I saw ray's look more like Kobe's without the support of the index finger.
Arenas, and also different other players.
But I couldn't find lebron so i asked.

Is that a crime?:ohwell:

Ray's looks good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPWtdEDUS80

devin112
07-22-2010, 04:19 AM
I don't think he has ever been in the 3pt contest...

that's my point, why are u dissing billups 3 point contest when kobe's never been in one?

devin112
07-22-2010, 04:28 AM

did you get this from proshotcoach? i've seen his vids on youtube and sells his system like it's the devinci code - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwMRwysXgWE

Bladers
07-22-2010, 04:29 AM
that's my point, why are u dissing billups 3 point contest when kobe's never been in one?

I'm not... Just saying he did bad.
Billups was my favorite player till he was traded to Denver... Bone-head move by Joe dumars...

lilojmayo
07-22-2010, 04:31 AM

I can't speak on if their entire forms are the same in terms of leg power etc, but they all follow through the same way, which is how the aim the ball to the basket. I'd have to look for the video again sometime, but it broke it down. Then it said Kobe, AI, Mayo, Billups use this follow through technique. They also said it was fairly new, and that many NBA players are starting to switch to it.

And the pointing in your elbow to the rim you refer to is another technique they use, it explained it in that video. What they are doing is actually aligning their shooting hip ( right hip for right hand shooters) and shooting shoulder toward the center of the rim, so they are slightly turning their body to the left. This causes your elbow to be directly on line with the center of the rim. It also makes your right foot ahead of your left foot on every shot. This alignment helps on off balanced shots, like a fadeaway shot, you just align your body then follow though. I like to call this "opening towards the rim", and this technique is more common, but isn't textbook either. I know Jordan, Kobe, Wade, KG,Ray and alot more use this.

http://basketballstatisticsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/15.jpg

Notice in this pic. Kobe's body is turned to the left a little. Like, if you would draw a straight line from his "24" it probably wouldn't hit the rim. It is his elbow that he is tryin to align with the rim.

Again, no of this is fundametally sound, and they most likely don't teach it to use if you go/went to a basketball camp. They would most likely say "BEEF" and square yourself and shoulder to the rim. Then it doesn't help that all these NBA shooting coaches and players like to keep all these techniques a secret.

I have adopted this technique and it has worked wonders. I would recommend it to anyone that would ask the question how to improve your shot.

lilojmayo
07-22-2010, 04:35 AM
did you get this from proshotcoach? i've seen his vids on youtube and sells his system like it's the devinci code - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwMRwysXgWE

yessir, that was it, i better add it to favorites. it works, you just gotta get used to it. It helps a ton on off balanced shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDVXmaEXWOI&feature=related.

devin112
07-22-2010, 04:55 AM
yessir, that was it, i better add it to favorites. it works, you just gotta get used to it. It helps a ton on off balanced shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDVXmaEXWOI&feature=related.

have you seen better basketball? just curious what are your thoughts on it.

he mentions MJ but MJ squares up his shoulder and finishes shots w/ 2 fingers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgbdB2ftK0 at 3:55 straight from the goat's mouth. the feet not being squared thing is comfort, no biggie but ray allen and al lot of players talk about squaring up shoulders.

kobe does a couple of unorthodox things, he mentions his elbow is out a little and in this vid here right before he shoots his second ft he says square up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqeWUuQSlM

proshotcoach has no credentials and his vids look like infomercials.

you know what though, to each their own. i'm tired of talking about kobe for the day cya'll later.

DeeDee
07-22-2010, 05:45 AM
Was your next post a "joke" too? Can you give it up already?
His level of retardation is truly unbelievable. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Simple Jack
07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
:applause:

Bladers
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
:applause:

You're a low life scumbag
GTFO & Spare me your change!

whosegameisit
07-22-2010, 02:14 PM
alright guys, squaring your shooting shoulder to the basket is not a myth

I hv been studying this technique for months

but i will just let the following shooters speak for themselves

Type 1:
Kobe bryant (0:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dLxjd9ewk

Dwyane Wade (2:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE14QoY-i1w

Dwyane Wade again (1:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zaXGEChdNQ

MJ (3:42)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOJQOMEJ4Y

Type 2:

Larry Bird (1:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzyfhp67TEk

KG (0:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmhn6LLzHw

Type 3:

Lebron James (2:00 and 4:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRKrXNytqMA

and a lot more....like Kendrin Perkins, many big guys shoot it that way

For example:
LBJ places his right foot towards the CENTER of the rim. His head is "off", not perpendicular to the rim. That's fine. But the problem is that Lebron puts the ball right above his head when he shoots. Therefore, he HAS TO shoot the ball to his RIGHT if he wants the ball to go into the rim.

Larry bird also does that but he puts the ball next to his head, so that the ball is perpendicular to the rim. That's the ball can travel straightly without any adjustments.

Simple Jack
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
You're a low life scumbag
GTFO & Spare me your change!

:banana: :banana:

lilojmayo
07-23-2010, 01:57 AM
alright guys, squaring your shooting shoulder to the basket is not a myth

I hv been studying this technique for months

but i will just let the following shooters speak for themselves

Type 1:
Kobe bryant (0:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dLxjd9ewk

Dwyane Wade (2:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE14QoY-i1w

Dwyane Wade again (1:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zaXGEChdNQ

MJ (3:42)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCOJQOMEJ4Y

Type 2:

Larry Bird (1:00)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzyfhp67TEk

KG (0:40)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVmhn6LLzHw

Type 3:

Lebron James (2:00 and 4:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRKrXNytqMA

and a lot more....like Kendrin Perkins, many big guys shoot it that way

For example:
LBJ places his right foot towards the CENTER of the rim. His head is "off", not perpendicular to the rim. That's fine. But the problem is that Lebron puts the ball right above his head when he shoots. Therefore, he HAS TO shoot the ball to his RIGHT if he wants the ball to go into the rim.

Larry bird also does that but he puts the ball next to his head, so that the ball is perpendicular to the rim. That's the ball can travel straightly without any adjustments.

Yeah you could tell the difference. And it depends on your definition of squaring your shoulders to the rim. If you mean lining up your shoulder to the rim is squaring it, yes they do that. If you mean the traditional way or the way I think most were taught with having both shoulders perfectly and literally squared to where they make a rectangle if you extend an imaginary line to the rim then, no, most players don't square themselves to the rim.

devin112
07-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Billups and Ray Allen are pretty squared.

It's a comfort thing and these professionals know what they're doing. But I've seen teens who've taken this hip thing to far they're almost perpendicular to the backboard.

But whatever works. If you practice enough you can do that grandma shot like rick barry.

dazzer87
07-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Feathery Touch

WOW....

Homo

devin112
07-23-2010, 02:13 AM
I do find it really strange that solid and sound fundamentals are called myths by some. I think nba players tweak the fundamentals to make it more comfortable for themselves. But there is no myth or secret in life, just hard work.

lilojmayo
07-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Billups and Ray Allen are pretty squared.

It's a comfort thing and these professionals know what they're doing. But I've seen teens who've taken this hip thing to far they're almost perpendicular to the backboard.

But whatever works. If you practice enough you can do that grandma shot like rick barry.

true. There is no right or wrong way to shoot, but for guys who are struggling finding a jumpshot, the way kobe shoots i guess the "feathery touch" and opening towards the basket is something they should at least try, because that's how I shoot and it tremendously improve my shot.

Better Basketball is pretty good if you don't have a lot of knownledge on the game. It isn't something that high school coaches would ask their players to watch. It covers all the basics and the intermediate stuff, and how to react to certain situation. Again, most people who grew up playing basketball at an early age that is average in skill would know almost all by they time they were in 8th grade I would think.

The best video I would say would be the moving without the ball and offensive moves. Moving without the ball doesn't teach you anything new, but enforces the stuff you take forgranted like running the wings hard and cutting to the rim when you hit the 3 point line on a fastbreak, or passing it to the post and relocating. Offensive Moves most deals with triple threat.

LA KB24
07-23-2010, 02:23 AM
i like steph curry's form best.

raptorfan_dr07
07-23-2010, 02:23 AM
Reported.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr209/freakdog19/obvious_troll.jpg

daballa13
07-23-2010, 03:15 AM
You people are morons. Ray Allen has a beautiful stroke but his shooting form has many flaws and is worse than Kobe's just look at it. Look how bent it is and another thing is that his shot has no ball spin which isn't very good either, but hey it works.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1052590_f496.jpg

devin112
07-23-2010, 03:22 AM
You people are morons. Ray Allen has a beautiful stroke but his shooting form has many flaws and is worse than Kobe's just look at it. Look how bent it is and another thing is that his shot has no ball spin which isn't very good either, but hey it works.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1052590_f496.jpg

lol, Ray Allen has no ball spin? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPWtdEDUS80

watch that and tell me it has no spin.

What's bent, u fool? the elbow the wrist? it's supposed to be that way. You obviously don't know shit. Ray's shot has a lot of flaws, worse then kobe... what a dumbarse.

we're having a grownup discussion about technique here, get lost dipshizt

LA KB24
07-23-2010, 03:25 AM
skip to :32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXGgMg2Mfs

thejumpa
07-23-2010, 03:54 AM
skip to :32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXGgMg2Mfs

Damn, his shot is cold....:applause:

Personally, I was taught to always have my elbow in because mine flared out until I was about 15 or so. Once I switched it up, I still had a habit of flicking my hand to the right giving the ball sideways rotation. I watched countless Jordan tutorials/games and basically tried to imulate what he does lol. My hands are big so I try to grip the ball on every posession, bend at the knees, get good elevation, and flick it off with 2 fingers. When it comes to FT's, I do the same thing but my feet are facing the hoop like Dirk. It works pretty well for me I think. I really made me realize how important strong legs are to a jumpshot/FT. I gotta work on my pull-up J, though. That shit is hard as hell.

Kobe does have a good shot though. While his shot may be "flawed", his follow-through is so fluid that his shot looks good damn every time. Same goes for Ray Allen. His shot looks dead in the air but it's worked for him for long that it looks good no matter.

Good thread. I have more to comment on but I'm tired as **** lmao.

devin112
07-23-2010, 03:57 AM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5522/curryg.jpg

he's not doing that feathery, 1 finger down 3 up stuff. and was he's squared up at the release. His hip isn't pointing to the rim and his elbow isn't pointing to the rim. quick release, doesn't hang. He has a very fundamental shot.

I'm not saying you all should do that, just breaking down his form. Shoot any way you want.

LA KB24
07-24-2010, 02:39 AM
i tried the feathery touch thing today, it feels weird but seems to work pretty well. :)

Birmingham1955
07-24-2010, 03:28 AM
i tried the feathery touch thing today, it feels weird but seems to work pretty well. :)

I am with devin stick with what you have been taught. Elbows in, use legs, hold your follow thru. This feather stuff is too advance.

Manute for Ever!
07-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Ed Palubinskus (the first Aussie ever drafted in the NBA, btw) would laugh at this thread. Check out his form and get back to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzUvn6vM3o

Birmingham1955
07-24-2010, 04:18 AM
I have always like Jordan's form the best on an appearance scale.

devin112
07-24-2010, 04:34 AM
Ed Palubinskus (the first Aussie ever drafted in the NBA, btw) would laugh at this thread. Check out his form and get back to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byzUvn6vM3o

clean simple sound mechanics. not flashy or smooth, but gets the job done. i think when you keep it simple and sound, it makes trouble shooting so much easier. anyone think so?

Manute for Ever!
07-24-2010, 04:53 AM
clean simple sound mechanics. not flashy or smooth, but gets the job done. i think when you keep it simple and sound, it makes trouble shooting so much easier. anyone think so?

A little more on Ed:

After a four year campaign as the head coach at Central Private High School from 1992–1996, Ed became the assistant coach of the Los Angeles Lakers for the 2000-2001 season. Ed helped lead the Lakers to the 2001 NBA Championship and he is most noted for his help with the notorious free throw woes of Shaquille O'Neal. SInce working with the Lakers he devoted his time to developing shooting skills for Pro players and teams all over the country. He currently coaches at his own basketball shooting academy based in Baton Rouge , Louisiana.
Along with his valuable coaching experience at every level, Ed has served as a shooting consultant for the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA and the Australian Women's Olympic Team which won the gold medal the next year (2006).

In addition, he founded the Palubinskas Basketball Academy in 1996 to teach shooting fundamentals and aggressive scoring techniques to basketball players of all levels.

Career highlights

"Mr. Basketball Australia" - 1970
1972 and 1976 All-World Olympic Team.
Most points scored in Olympic history (269) - 1976
Most free throws made in 1 hour with one ball with Toss back. Made 867/880
Guinness Book of World Records - Most Free Throws Made in 1 Hour (1,206/1265) using 6 balls and 6 rebounders
Guinness book world record- most free throws made in 2 minutes blindfolded.- (8)in Phoenix AZ. at NBA ALL-Star weekend.
Voted #1 All-Time Basketball Player in Australia - 1990
Winner of multiple national and international free-throw shooting competitions
College career 90% free throw shooter. Presently shoots 99% from the line as of 2009
Helped Los Angeles Lakers win NBA title by helping Shaq reach 69.4% from the free throw line.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_palubinskas

devin112
07-24-2010, 05:07 AM
A little more on Ed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_palubinskas

Yeah he's knowledgeable. I've seen his vids on youtube. but it's all myth remember? secrets like in the devinci code lol

HighFlyer23
07-24-2010, 05:16 AM
kobe fans literally have their own religion :lol

Manute for Ever!
07-24-2010, 05:21 AM

The would do anything to trade places with Phil

http://www.truthaboutit.net/pictures/Brokeback-Phil-Kobe.jpg

Bladers
07-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Lebron fanboys are cults...:(