PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2011 - who else got the fever?

baseketball4life
07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Couple more weeks before this gem comes out, can't wait to start playing it those of you who were in the xbox360 ISH online league are you guys down to play again?

Brujesino
07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Iam not falling for this shit again.

Finn T-Mac
07-23-2010, 06:03 AM

Good for you!

I have NFL 2k5 fever! :rockon:

Skywalker
07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Good for you!

broke fagg0t!

ukballer
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Never played a Madden game before. I'm not an NFL fan, but have heard the game is good. Is it something that somebody like me, who has virtually no knowledge about the sport that I can just pick up and play at a reasonable level? I'm not completely clueless, like I know a few things about it, but not nearly enough.

Brujesino
07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Good for you!

greatest football game of all time:rockon:

Finn T-Mac
07-26-2010, 03:01 AM
broke fagg0t!

:facepalm

I ain't gonna spent my money on crappy game if I already have a better one with new rosters

knickballer
07-26-2010, 09:26 AM
greatest football game of all time:rockon:

Yep. No game will be the same.

**** the Monopolists known as EA sports..

MK2V1GP
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
2K5 was a great football game, true. BUT, some people EXTREMELY OVERRATE it. Its just like the EA haters use 2K5 b/c its all they got. If you had a totally unbiased sports gamer and made them play one game of Madden 11 (or 10) and one game of 2K5, they'd choose Madden.

And no, I'm not an EA fanboy. I really, really, really wish there wasn't this EA monopoly over the NFL, because I'd like the competition between the games, but its not like Madden is putting TOTAL garbage out year in and year out. Madden 10 was a HUGE leap from the previous games. And if Madden 11 makes any similar leap, it'll be great.

Brujesino
07-26-2010, 11:31 PM
2K5 was a great football game, true. BUT, some people EXTREMELY OVERRATE it. Its just like the EA haters use 2K5 b/c its all they got. If you had a totally unbiased sports gamer and made them play one game of Madden 11 (or 10) and one game of 2K5, they'd choose Madden.

And no, I'm not an EA fanboy. I really, really, really wish there wasn't this EA monopoly over the NFL, because I'd like the competition between the games, but its not like Madden is putting TOTAL garbage out year in and year out. Madden 10 was a HUGE leap from the previous games. And if Madden 11 makes any similar leap, it'll be great.
Graphics is the only thing i can think of

baseketball4life
07-27-2010, 03:14 AM
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/25955180

other guy was going for FG before half i had santana moss back there returned it 105 yards... it doesn't show but i broke it up the left first then brought it back to the right where it picks it up then i break tackle and make a semi circle then up the gut

Go Getter
07-27-2010, 05:02 AM
Never played a Madden game before. I'm not an NFL fan, but have heard the game is good. Is it something that somebody like me, who has virtually no knowledge about the sport that I can just pick up and play at a reasonable level? I'm not completely clueless, like I know a few things about it, but not nearly enough.

You will be destroyed by guys who have done nothing but play madden for the past 10 years.....try it out on an easy setting and see how much you can tolerate and then think about delving deeper.

Madden is an acquired taste and if you don't have friends of equal playing skill to match up against I'd say it would be boring for you.

Skywalker
07-27-2010, 10:54 AM
You will be destroyed by guys who have done nothing but play madden for the past 10 years.....try it out on an easy setting and see how much you can tolerate and then think about delving deeper.

Madden is an acquired taste and if you don't have friends of equal playing skill to match up against I'd say it would be boring for you.

dunno bout that if you like sports and you like video games 99% chance you like madden

GOBB
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
er played a Madden game before. I'm not an NFL fan, but have heard the game is good. Is it something that somebody like me, who has virtually no knowledge about the sport that I can just pick up and play at a reasonable level? I'm not completely clueless, like I know a few things about it, but not nearly enough.

They've added quite a bit of features for people like you who have no clue about football but may be intrigued at playing Madden. With that said I would reccommend you renting or borrowing the game (Madden 10) IF possible. Or if you can buy a game and return it? Cool. Here in America we have Gamestop and you can buy a used game and so long as you return it within a week? You can return it and get your money back. I'd do it this way. Mess around with it and see if it captures your interest. If it doesnt? Do not buy Madden 11, no matter how much hype it gets. No matter how goo the reviews are. Trust me.

I borrowed Tiger Woods golf game which has awesome graphics. But my understanding of golf is poor. So I didnt find myself enjoyin the game nor wanting to learn on the fly and somehow understand it. I was wacking at the ball aimlessly posting bad scores. I almost purchased Fifa 10 but didnt. NHL as well. People hype the game up because they like the sport. They understand the sport. So playing it on a video game is good for them. But for you? Not so much.

The one difference with all these games is Madden is very popular so you may see more people with it than without. I need more than 2 hands to count the Madden gamers on my xbox friends list. I only need 2 hands with fingers to spare of gamers with Fifa. Only 1 hand for gamers with NHL AND Tiger Woods golf. So sometimes your gaming buddies can influence if you purchase a game or not. But again, I would find a way to play Madden 10. If none of your friends offline have Madden and there is no way to rent it?

Do not waste your money on Madden 11. $60 is too much money to risk whether or not you'll enjoy the game or not. Just my advice.

Skywalker
07-27-2010, 04:26 PM
demo sucks

2 boring AZZ teams

J23
07-28-2010, 03:24 PM
I thought the demo was sick. I just wish LT was in for the Jets. The game seems more realistic with less bullshit.

scott0326
07-29-2010, 05:22 AM
I cant wait for Madden 11, it looks sick.

ukballer
07-29-2010, 07:57 AM
They've added quite a bit of features for people like you who have no clue about football but may be intrigued at playing Madden. With that said I would reccommend you renting or borrowing the game (Madden 10) IF possible. Or if you can buy a game and return it? Cool. Here in America we have Gamestop and you can buy a used game and so long as you return it within a week? You can return it and get your money back. I'd do it this way. Mess around with it and see if it captures your interest. If it doesnt? Do not buy Madden 11, no matter how much hype it gets. No matter how goo the reviews are. Trust me.

I borrowed Tiger Woods golf game which has awesome graphics. But my understanding of golf is poor. So I didnt find myself enjoyin the game nor wanting to learn on the fly and somehow understand it. I was wacking at the ball aimlessly posting bad scores. I almost purchased Fifa 10 but didnt. NHL as well. People hype the game up because they like the sport. They understand the sport. So playing it on a video game is good for them. But for you? Not so much.

The one difference with all these games is Madden is very popular so you may see more people with it than without. I need more than 2 hands to count the Madden gamers on my xbox friends list. I only need 2 hands with fingers to spare of gamers with Fifa. Only 1 hand for gamers with NHL AND Tiger Woods golf. So sometimes your gaming buddies can influence if you purchase a game or not. But again, I would find a way to play Madden 10. If none of your friends offline have Madden and there is no way to rent it?

Do not waste your money on Madden 11. $60 is too much money to risk whether or not you'll enjoy the game or not. Just my advice.

Thanks, GOBB. Appreciated. Think I'll go rent Madden 10 first for a couple of days, and see what I think. Think the last NFL game I've played was on Gameboy. :lol NFL Blitz or something like that. It was pretty easy.

Raj Da Dodge
07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
looks good!!! after playin the demo they're makin this game more and more realistic every year! LOVE the gameflow mode...gonna make me feel like I'm coach Kub! lol it looks sick though.

baseketball4life
07-29-2010, 01:33 PM
looks good!!! after playin the demo they're makin this game more and more realistic every year! LOVE the gameflow mode...gonna make me feel like I'm coach Kub! lol it looks sick though.
Texans are gonna be sick there to

Foye&McCants
07-29-2010, 01:38 PM

nice to see the gameflow is appealing to twisted rodent retards like they intended

baseketball4life
07-29-2010, 01:40 PM
nice to see the gameflow is appealing to twisted rodent retards like they intended
:wtf:

Ketchup
07-29-2010, 11:21 PM
This.

The same game, over and over with improved graphics.

Do you realize how long it took EA to surpass 2k5?

The fact that people are still comparing madden each year with a predecessor that is six years old says enough.

SEEBASS1234
07-30-2010, 02:22 PM
im not getting madden 11 because they took off hit stick

baseketball4life
07-30-2010, 02:34 PM
im not getting madden 11 because they took off hit stick
heard about that, i heard it will automatically hit harder? i dont get it oyu just control ur defender then 'run' into the offensive player to makea tackle? or is there a tackle button now?

also i heard there is no turbo up/speed button on offense? and that is automatic to?

i dont like either of those changes at all.

Raj Da Dodge
07-30-2010, 02:37 PM
bb4life what system u got? 360 or PS3?

baseketball4life
07-30-2010, 03:13 PM
bb4life what system u got? 360 or PS3?

going to DL the demo soon

Raj Da Dodge
07-30-2010, 03:23 PM

going to DL the demo soon
oh aite

TruthKGRay3412
08-04-2010, 11:19 AM
6 days.:cheers:

baseketball4life
08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
6 days.:cheers:
Juiced! Gonna get my paycheck this friday and pre-pay for my sh!t at gamestop

The GM
08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Is there going to be a madden online franchise league this year?

baseketball4life
08-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Is there going to be a madden online franchise league this year?
i hope so who was the commish last yr? sky?

Skywalker
08-04-2010, 05:48 PM
ill do it up get 8 people

baseketball4life
08-04-2010, 06:07 PM
ill do it up get 8 people
I'm down

think TruthKGRay is down

Rake2204
08-05-2010, 12:44 AM
I haven't been a Madden fan since. . .well. . .2K5 came out but then again I'm not a humongous NFL guy so it's not a necessity that I have a football game in my hands each season. After rolling with 2K's version of NFL football, it's always been real tough to reestablish a solid feel for Madden. I try the demo each season and the game does indeed seem as if it's a good game, but I personally just haven't been feeling it.

I'll say this though, I saw that video of the Lions winning the Super Bowl. Pretty fresh. I'll give Madden a shot again this year but it'd take an awful lot to get me to put that money down. I am not rich.

ukballer
08-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Just bought a hard drive for my xbox, so finally have enough memory to download some demos. Currently downloading Madden 11 demo as I type this.

Us Euros won't get the game until August 13th. :cry:

Though I'll base my decision on whether to get it or not on the demo. It will be the first NFL game I'll have played since NFL Blitz which I had for Gameboy Color. :lol

KeylessEntry
08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
cant wait!! 5 more days.

baseketball4life
08-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Prolly Imma use the Lions, 49ers, and a couple other teams exclusively to start out

ukballer
08-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Just had a go on the demo, love the game! Just ordered it now, and I'll hopefully get it on release date! 13th here. :(

Rake2204
08-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I came across this article on ESPN this morning and I think you guys might like it. It regards the origin of Madden football and how we got to where we are now (including year-by-year graphical comparisons).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=100805/madden

baseketball4life
08-10-2010, 12:33 PM
it's here, going to pick it up at lunch... work til 5 PM, then gym from 6-8 PM, i'll be on and playing from like 830 PM to midnight.... probably going to run franchise with the 49ers or Lions for a few days before i go online maybe this weekend.

KeylessEntry
08-10-2010, 01:20 PM
hurry up and deliver it already UPS guy....

ukballer
08-10-2010, 01:29 PM
We don't get it till Friday. :cry:

Even then, our useless postal service probably means I won't get it till Saturday or even Monday.

Hope you guys enjoy today! :cheers:

baseketball4life
08-10-2010, 01:38 PM
hurry up and deliver it already UPS guy....
you order from Wal-Mart.com? I heard they were giving out 20 dollar gift cards for free with purchase online.

1manfastbreak
08-10-2010, 01:57 PM
does anyone else hate the new kicking system?

baseketball4life
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
does anyone else hate the new kicking system?
it was weird at first but good after a couple... i just played an hour during my lunch break lol i work 8 am to 5 pm mon-fri but my house is a block away so i guess ill be putting in a game everyday at lunch.

i drafted a franchise team for offline

QB Cutler, WR Marshall, Crabtree, Mike Wallace... RBs Ronnie Brown/Jahvid best

first game i won 35-24...
Cutler 200 yards 1 TD 0 INT
Marshall 8 rec 138 yds 1 TD
Ronnie Brown 20 carries 83 yards 2 TD
Jahvid Best 19 carries 136 yards 2 TD...

I actually love the gameplay, even better than last year... looking forward to playing online soon maybe after i get off work

scott0326
08-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I hate the new kicking system.. I'm also having all kind of issues on all madden level.. I was playing Titans and Chris Johnson is like impossible to stop..

ALBballer
08-11-2010, 11:47 AM
it was weird at first but good after a couple... i just played an hour during my lunch break lol i work 8 am to 5 pm mon-fri but my house is a block away so i guess ill be putting in a game everyday at lunch.

i drafted a franchise team for offline

QB Cutler, WR Marshall, Crabtree, Mike Wallace... RBs Ronnie Brown/Jahvid best

first game i won 35-24...
Cutler 200 yards 1 TD 0 INT
Marshall 8 rec 138 yds 1 TD
Ronnie Brown 20 carries 83 yards 2 TD
Jahvid Best 19 carries 136 yards 2 TD...

I actually love the gameplay, even better than last year... looking forward to playing online soon maybe after i get off work

How is franchise in terms of player progression, player signings, draft picks etc. I always hated how the cap was so lax in Madden and I can sign everyone. The player progression for last year was messed up b/c only younger players grew and players who had great years at i.e. 28 years old wouldn't grow. And finally, the draft picks were rated too high. I find too many starters 80+ in the later rounds.

baseketball4life
08-11-2010, 12:19 PM
How is franchise in terms of player progression, player signings, draft picks etc. I always hated how the cap was so lax in Madden and I can sign everyone. The player progression for last year was messed up b/c only younger players grew and players who had great years at i.e. 28 years old wouldn't grow. And finally, the draft picks were rated too high. I find too many starters 80+ in the later rounds.
I'm like 3 games in so I don't know now

I played my first online game last night

lost 32-42 to a good Raiders guy. I was Lions, Jahvid Best 24 carries for 234 yards 2 TDs... losing effort though I couldn't stop Jason Campbell he was like prime Donovan McNabb on me slingin' it everywhere running around.

Sharp
08-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Loving Gus Johnson as a commentator.

"hes running, HE is running!! da da da da dadadada.. TOUCHDOWN!"

Skywalker
08-11-2010, 03:27 PM
yeah Gus and Collinsworth is good

baseketball4life
08-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Just won 2 in a row... im 2-1 now online... won with redskins 21-14 in a ugly game LJ had 18 carries for 71 yards 0 TD, McNabb 240 yards 2 TD 1 INT...

then won with KC 28-14 big game from Cassel 23/25 passing for 303 yards and 3 TD 0 INT...

Dwayne Bowe was huge with 145 yards receiving and 2 TDs.

Jamaal Charles was useful with 17 carries for 92 yards and a score.

jbot
08-12-2010, 01:11 PM
i overheard some guys at work saying it hasn't changed since last year's game and that they were pretty disappointed in it.

ALBballer
08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Ye I've been reading alot of bad things as well.

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in through the mail.......

KeylessEntry
08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
you order from Wal-Mart.com? I heard they were giving out 20 dollar gift cards for free with purchase online.

I actually ordered from Amazon, they also had a $20 video game gift card included with purchase. Gonna use it on my pre-order of 2k11 probably.

So far I have mixed feelings about the game. The game feels almost identical to Madden 10 to me. Whether this is a good or bad thing I dont know, I love Madden 10, but I was hoping for something new. The gameflow system is mediocre at best, and I dont use it for the majority of my gaming (exhibition games vs roomate or friends). I tried to play a game online but it feels really laggy. The most fun I have had so far is managing my 49ers franchise.

Lakers13
08-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Its aight. Been playing Madden Ultimate team and Superstar mainly. Took me a few kicks to get used to the kicking change, but other then that seems to be the same.

Rose
08-12-2010, 11:48 PM
a few of my friends got it. and it's all mixed reviews so far. One guy thinks it's the greatest football game since 2k5. Another thinks that it's okay. But not really different than last year's. Someone else says it's pretty good graphics wise, but the new addition of "gameflow" really isn't all that good and it plays like Madden10. two other guys have taken it back already, but one is regretting it somewhat.

So basically what I'm asking is...should I just pick up madden 10 and save myself the hassle(I'm using madden 09 and just updated the rosters last year). Or what? I was thinking I might just rent it for a few days and see what all this is about. I thought the demo kind of sucked, I hated gameflow, but maybe that's because it's a demo?

SayQueensbridge
08-13-2010, 03:15 AM
Hey I started a league last year and it was alright until the guys who had losing records dropped out. (lost pw for old ish account) I'll probably start another franchise with some friends so if anyone wants to join in it's good. I have a couple ideas for the league that will make it more interesting. I'm sure I'm still on some of your friend lists. I'll post info tomorrow prob.

ukballer
08-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Release date is today in Europe, and my copy arrived woohoo! Put in a bit of time on Superstar mode. Made a HB and got drafted by the Broncos, did about 6 games of that and did pretty well before I tried an online game, and got absolutely destroyed. :lol

My only excuse is that I'm still pretty clueless about NFL and I'm still learning haha. About to start franchise mode, with the Raiders.

It's pretty addictive, even though I don't understand everything. You can tell I'm a first time Madden player!

baseketball4life
08-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Release date is today in Europe, and my copy arrived woohoo! Put in a bit of time on Superstar mode. Made a HB and got drafted by the Broncos, did about 6 games of that and did pretty well before I tried an online game, and got absolutely destroyed. :lol

My only excuse is that I'm still pretty clueless about NFL and I'm still learning haha. About to start franchise mode, with the Raiders.

It's pretty addictive, even though I don't understand everything. You can tell I'm a first time Madden player!
:cheers:

been playing since 96' when I was 7 years old :oldlol:

you are damn right it's addicting! even more if you are a NFL fan

niko
08-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Ye I've been reading alot of bad things as well.

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in through the mail.......

its not bad, its basically Madden 10 with a very slightly improved running game and a whole bunch of changes you will turn off or never use to help newbies (note to EA: people who don't like football DONT BUY FOOTBALL GAMES.) I sold it already on ebay for like $50 (only paid $45). I don't need it with so much coming out, its just not different enough. A bit disappointing in that way.

baseketball4life
08-13-2010, 08:29 PM
i cant stop anyone on this yrs game dont know if im just playing gurus or i suck at def or what i was good at def last yrs game... my offense is good dunno

scott0326
08-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Yeah, defense is like impossible for both sides, I'm 7-9 online, I couldn't stop anyone at first, so I decided to just do what they do.. Dump offs and toss plays dominate on this game.. last game with Jammal Charles of Chiefs I had over 400 rushing yards and 100 receiving yards.

Skywalker
08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
10-2 online

it takes great focus to get stops

baseketball4life
08-14-2010, 12:18 AM
10-2 online

it takes great focus to get stops
thank you rex ryan

KeylessEntry
08-14-2010, 02:06 AM
man its frustrating how many people quit when it becomes clear that they cannot win in an xbox live game. my record is 0-2 but should be 3-2 cause douchebags keep leaving games. The last game made me especially pissed off because I was playing ultimate team mode for points and I had endured 3 of my own turnovers and been down by 14 points only to claw my way back into the lead and have this fcker quit on me.

baseketball4life
08-14-2010, 02:29 AM
upset of the year took out 10-2 skywalker 42-30.

49ers for me titans for him gore 400 yards 7 TDs alex smith 334 yds 3 td 1 int

VY choked for him

my rec is 6-6

ukballer
08-14-2010, 02:41 AM
Great job on the win man!

What difficulty level do you guys play on Franchise mode? I've only had time to get one pre-season game in, and I think it was on the default 'Pro' mode, and it was way too easy.

Also, what minutes per quarter do you play?

baseketball4life
08-14-2010, 03:47 AM
Great job on the win man!

What difficulty level do you guys play on Franchise mode? I've only had time to get one pre-season game in, and I think it was on the default 'Pro' mode, and it was way too easy.

Also, what minutes per quarter do you play?
all-madden in franchise mode and 7 min qtrs no run off in franchise mode

but online v others is all-pro and 7 min qtrs 15 sec run off

ukballer
08-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Anyone else think Ultimate Team mode is trash?

Madden 10 had it, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, you all would know better than I do.

I'm doing ok on All-Madden level in exhibition matches and franchise mode, but just to stay competitive with my 53 overall team in Ultimate Team I've had to lower the difficulty down to either All-Pro, or sometimes even Pro, against the CPU. No way I'm spending or buying Microsoft points to buy new cards either.

It's not trash, it's a quite inventive idea really, but I just haven't got motivation to play with such a crappy team in the beginning stages.

knickballer
08-14-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't think they even touched franchise mode.. Not 1 single fix in a crappy franchise mode.:banghead:

SayQueensbridge
08-14-2010, 09:23 AM
http://fjfl.webs.com/

Read over the rules. Played in a league that went 3+ seasons with similar rules. We will play about 1 game every 3 days hopefully. I deleted my IshFL leagues otherwise I'd just message those guys that were in it. No cheesers.

Again, if you join ... read the rules. Don't just go sign the best FAs to make your team better. There is a FA period during the offseason where we bid on players.

PowerGlove
08-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't think they even touched franchise mode.. Not 1 single fix in a crappy franchise mode.:banghead:
:roll:

My friend was b*tching about that in the car and he was so mad about spending 60 on this game. (we were on our way to sell to a guy from craigslist, he got 45 for it.)

scott0326
08-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Anyone else think Ultimate Team mode is trash?

Madden 10 had it, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, you all would know better than I do.

I'm doing ok on All-Madden level in exhibition matches and franchise mode, but just to stay competitive with my 53 overall team in Ultimate Team I've had to lower the difficulty down to either All-Pro, or sometimes even Pro, against the CPU. No way I'm spending or buying Microsoft points to buy new cards either.

It's not trash, it's a quite inventive idea really, but I just haven't got motivation to play with such a crappy team in the beginning stages.
I know what you mean, my highest rated players are Caleb Hanie, Ian Johnson and Danny Woodhead, I got worst starter pack or whatever, EVER. :lol

ukballer
08-15-2010, 05:34 AM
I quite like the 'My skill' level thing. Had a good mix of wins and losses using it, which I like. I don't want to be dominant and find it too easy, but at the same time I don't want to be struggling every match either. My skill makes a nice balance. Though at times it does seem that if you're down maybe 2 posessions or more, it makes it easier for you to come back. One time I was down 19-3 against the Vikings (I was the Bengals) and ended up winning 25-19 or something like that. I don't know how much it lowered the skill level, but it did seem a bit easier once I was down so big.

GOBB
08-15-2010, 10:47 AM

What are some things you dont understand?

KeylessEntry
08-15-2010, 10:59 AM
I think I am going to sell this game and go back to madden 10. Offense is just too easy, defense is really watered down this year. Overall its basically the same game as Madden 10 minus the gameflow system which I never use. All the game modes like franchise, be a superstar are exactly the same, so whats the point? I am not even convinced that the graphics are better this year.

GOBB
08-15-2010, 11:03 AM
I think I am going to sell this game and go back to madden 10. Offense is just too easy, defense is really watered down this year. Overall its basically the same game as Madden 10 minus the gameflow system which I never use. I am not even convinced that the graphics are better this year.

:oldlol:

Madden is a cult following game. People buy it because its well Madden. Kinda like the Jordans sneaker. Could be ugly but they are Jordans. Another factor is everyone has Madden. Your friends, the people you game with online. So you feel the need to get it just to play against them. I dont have Madden yet but I know I'll end up getting it soon if not today. I do hate buying games like this year after year tho. I didnt get Madden 08, 09 for 360. But Madden 10 I did and that was the best Madden in a long time.

ukballer
08-15-2010, 12:22 PM
What are some things you dont understand?

I've surprisingly picked it up pretty quickly now. I know gameflow is there to help you now, but at first it was a case of knowing what plays to run, and even with gameflow there, as someone who has probably only watched 3 NFL games in his lifetime? At times it was a job to understand exactly how to 'execute' the play. But I picked it up quickly, it's pretty straightforward. Maybe took me 45 mins or so to grasp the basics.

All-Pro is too easy now. But at the same time All-Madden is too hard, so I'm probably gonna customize my levels for a bit, adjust it and see what it's like. Destroying teams in franchise mode with the Raiders on All-Pro. Won 73-7 against the Cowboys (might have to tell -primetime-/-playmaker- about that one) which of course yeah, it's great, but I'm after realism, and a reasonable challenge.

Online is a joke for me though. Tried 4 games now, 2 I've had the connection lost message after ridiculous network lag between me and my opponent, 1 time we suffered a powercut, and the 1 game I did manage to complete was another lagfest. Not my connection either, it's always been superb in other games. Must be because I'm playing guys from across the ocean, but I don't have these troubles playing 2K10. Oh well, think I'm done with online play unless someone I know gets a franchise mode going. I've got a 75% rating for disconnecting now, so even if I wanted to play, most people look at that and just think I'm gonna quit all the time, so they leave the lobby.

NY-Knicks
08-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Never had a madden game before, play nba 2k and GTA IV on my 360 but I will try a football game. Guess I'll buy Madden 10, much cheaper and based on the reactions in this thread not much worse than 11.

Skywalker
08-15-2010, 05:46 PM
three times in the last 24 hours ive been slamming opponents only for them to quit before half time, and i dont get anything for it? wtf is ea sports thinking **** do something right you retards

SayQueensbridge
08-16-2010, 12:05 AM
GOBB, Skywalkers, you guys down to do another league again? I started some really good leagues last year after the IshFl ones. and I know I can get 12 in a week. A few people I know still have to buy the game. No cheesing. More realistic franchise with FA bidding. I remember Skywalker was the Vikings in the ISHFl and GOBB was the Eagles right? FJFL.webs.com. Check out the rules and if you're interested join.

B-Easy8
08-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Got the game a couple of days ago and I have noticed that the difference between all pro and all madden is quite insane. I started my Chiefs franchise on all pro last night and beat the Chargers 51-3 with Brandon Carr getting 3 interceptions (2 of them being returned for a TD). I want realism in my games and I like a challenge and nothing I just said would ever happen.

Raj Da Dodge
08-16-2010, 11:38 PM
So after readin some reviews on here and other people's feedbacks, before doin all that I said I'm gettin this game for sure cuz I got a PS3 now, but then after readin all this, and finding out about GT5, I'm thinkin of jus buying Madden 10, but then u also gotta think why not just get the latest one...and also what GOBB said, everyone would be playing the latest one. Also, the last Madden I bought was 08. So idk...I'm in a dillema lol.

baseketball4life
08-17-2010, 12:17 AM
GOBB, Skywalkers, you guys down to do another league again? I started some really good leagues last year after the IshFl ones. and I know I can get 12 in a week. A few people I know still have to buy the game. No cheesing. More realistic franchise with FA bidding. I remember Skywalker was the Vikings in the ISHFl and GOBB was the Eagles right? FJFL.webs.com. Check out the rules and if you're interested join.
Im down for this again

NY-Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Just got Madden 11. Haven't had a Madden game before so can't compare to previous releases but I really like this game. Have only played a couple of games but I like it.

Raj Da Dodge
08-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Jus rented it! Tired of the demo, been playin w/the same team since the demo came out lol. Bout time I start playin w/my team!

baseketball4life
08-17-2010, 04:29 PM
man they really need to fix the sh!t when the other player pulls his or her plug you don't get the W. Now has happened to me 5 times I should be 14-9 instead im 9-9. Weak.

Truth Teller
08-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Yo I'm down to play as long as there is no fantasy draft and what system would it be for because I'm on the 360..

niko
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
i finally got it, did the trade in 2 and get for $20 thing at EA. very cool.

baseketball4life
08-17-2010, 06:26 PM
i finally got it, did the trade in 2 and get for $20 thing at EA. very cool.
what is the trade in 2 thing?

I have NBA 2K10 and Madden 10' I would love to trade them in for 20$

Raj Da Dodge
08-17-2010, 07:52 PM
same thing I was gonna ask.

craigthomasb
08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
started franchise with the giants, got some nice young players in at back up to develop, then traded for Roy williams (dallas) lawrence timmons and shawn merriman, used up all my draft picks and osi and some scrubs, got a mean D now and a solid offense, barring injuries, were going to the bowl this year, won first game of season easily, playing the colts now, manning V manning, lets see what happens!

craigthomasb
08-17-2010, 08:19 PM
up date- half ttimne, brandon jacobs got off to a flie, hitting some big runs, then brasdshaw found his way into the end zone, 7-0, made peuton look stupid, got he ball back, running game started to stall, went to the air, boom INT, got the ball back, running game is now losing yards, poor descions from me= another INT, 2 now for brackett, peyton egts going, reggie wayne makes me look like a mug, manage to get to half time with the score 7-7 but the Offense is sucking right now

craigthomasb
08-17-2010, 08:47 PM
chris johnson is un-playable in this game, he just runs circles around you, its bull shit

Raj Da Dodge
08-17-2010, 09:14 PM
craig what difficulty u play on?

baseketball4life
08-17-2010, 10:07 PM
chris johnson is un-playable in this game, he just runs circles around you, its bull shit
same sh!t last year to

niko
08-17-2010, 11:13 PM

I have NBA 2K10 and Madden 10' I would love to trade them in for 20$

they are not on the list.

Go to gamestop website and click on trade in offers and there is a big list of Xbox, PS3 and Wii games you can trade in (any 2) to get $40 off Madden.

Raj Da Dodge
08-18-2010, 12:04 AM
they are not on the list.

Go to gamestop website and click on trade in offers and there is a big list of Xbox, PS3 and Wii games you can trade in (any 2) to get $40 off Madden.
yup knew thats what you were talkin bout.

SayQueensbridge
08-18-2010, 12:40 AM
Im down for this again

Join FJFL.webs.com (http://fjfl.webs.com)

Once we get 12 players, we will bid on FAs for 1 week then start the season. I added players 80+ up to the site. If you want a player 79- then add them to the forum in the format that I have already started. You have an available 100 pts to bid on FAs. Click on the rules to see what's up. I've played in a league with almost these exact rules so I know its a near perfect set up. When you make an account use your XBOX LIVE name and for the profile picture use the helmet/logo of your team.

SayQueensbridge
08-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Yo I'm down to play as long as there is no fantasy draft and what system would it be for because I'm on the 360..

It's on the 360. Read the post above. No cheesing. And there is no Fantasy Draft but there is FA so teams can progress fairly and easily if managed correctly.

baseketball4life
08-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Join FJFL.webs.com (http://fjfl.webs.com)

Once we get 12 players, we will bid on FAs for 1 week then start the season. I added players 80+ up to the site. If you want a player 79- then add them to the forum in the format that I have already started. You have an available 100 pts to bid on FAs. Click on the rules to see what's up. I've played in a league with almost these exact rules so I know its a near perfect set up. When you make an account use your XBOX LIVE name and for the profile picture use the helmet/logo of your team.
okay I'll sign up tomorrow

SayQueensbridge
08-18-2010, 02:45 AM
I was wooping some guys ass who is 7-0 and he pulls the cord. What a ****** ... Can't accept a loss. ShaggyApples5 is his GT.

Raj Da Dodge
08-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Aite franchise on Pro is easy but on All-Pro its hard...got killed 31-0 to the Skins on All-Pro.

scott0326
08-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I know, you should seem him in online play.. CJ, Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson are like unstoppable in online play, I've had like 400 yard rushing and 200+ yard receiving games with each, I've won 9 in a row online.

NY-Knicks
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
I like to use Chris Johnson, he really is unstoppable :oldlol:. At WR my favorite is Larry Fitzgerald, catches nearly everything thrown at him. I finally figured why I couldn't get a sack for 4 games straight (had 7 in the game before that). I always control Justin Tuck on defense but I hardly get around the offensive line. I didn't know you could use a swim move, now I get around and sack the QB very often.

craigthomasb
08-18-2010, 06:26 PM

i play on all-pro, pro was way too easy, i like the challenge more, i really get into it when every throw, every run, every catch matters (PS **** you roy williams you cant catch shit at the minute)

CJ was hard last year, but this year is just impossible to stop, i simmed that shit, (still lost) gonna go to game 4 now.

its a bit weird having brandon jacobs, cause he just hasnt got the speed someone like CJ has, but if you get a hole and blast through it, hes goot for 10 every time

craigthomasb
08-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Really like the sound track this year BTW :rockon:

and they got all the right tunes the stadium :rockon: :rockon: :cheers:

NY-Knicks
08-18-2010, 07:04 PM
I actually don't like the song tracks on Madden 11. It's one of the negatives for me. More of a hiphop guy tho.

Raj Da Dodge
08-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Buyin this game for sure. Really good w/the Texans. Also my friend and I just played 4 games and went 1-3 against him. All were close, first 2 were Texans, next two I was Patriots and they're unstoppable in this game. Won the first one on All-Pro, lost the 2nd in OT. Both were SB games, all games were close. Gonna buy this game for sure during Thanksgiving break!

baseketball4life
08-18-2010, 10:50 PM
ran 20 carries for 159 yards with Marshawn Lynch on a guy still lost 7-21, Edwards blew it for me numerous times missing wide open WR's. I need a running team that has a accurate QB but isn't cheese or too good of a team.

scott0326
08-19-2010, 04:27 AM
ran 20 carries for 159 yards with Marshawn Lynch on a guy still lost 7-21, Edwards blew it for me numerous times missing wide open WR's. I need a running team that has a accurate QB but isn't cheese or too good of a team.
How good is too good? Steelers? Bengals? Both have good running backs and good QB's who are good on this game and aren't like rated as high as teams like Ravens, Jets, Colts, Saints, etc.

craigthomasb
08-19-2010, 11:13 AM
you need the giants then or the 49ers

B-Easy8
08-20-2010, 03:33 AM
I play on 360 and have been playing on all pro but have been dominating on it so decided to switch to all madden. I can't tackle any RB's they brake every tackle I attempt. Williams and Stewart owned me for a combined 350 yards and 4TD's but I thought that was ok as they are a good tandem in real life. I just played SD and Ryan Matthews had 200 and 3 TD's in the third quarter before I rage quitted. Can someone explain what im doing wrong, I use the hit stick to tackle should I be using a different button?

caliballer
08-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Why is turbo disabled this year? :confusedshrug:

ukballer
08-20-2010, 04:46 AM

I believe you can still enable it again in the control settings. I've never played Madden until this one, so don't ask me what I think of the difference between using turbo and not using it.

scott0326
08-20-2010, 05:13 AM
I play on 360 and have been playing on all pro but have been dominating on it so decided to switch to all madden. I can't tackle any RB's they brake every tackle I attempt. Williams and Stewart owned me for a combined 350 yards and 4TD's but I thought that was ok as they are a good tandem in real life. I just played SD and Ryan Matthews had 200 and 3 TD's in the third quarter before I rage quitted. Can someone explain what im doing wrong, I use the hit stick to tackle should I be using a different button?
I'm in same situation, I dominate on all pro and get dominated on all madden.. I think All Madden is just impossible.

baseketball4life
08-20-2010, 12:01 PM
so epically gay :banghead:

was up 28-3 in the 2nd quarter on a guy with a better record (14-9) than me (13-13) and he still pulls his plug and I don't get the win, thats the 6th time i shoulda had a win so instead of 19-13 im 13-13... gay i found my groove though havent lost in 5 games... using different playbook on offense seems to be way more consistent and hard to stop.

NY-Knicks
08-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow, that really sucks. Especially if you were playing really well and would have gotten an easy win. You can see how often people pull the plug right? Unfortunately that doesn't help your record.

The GM
08-21-2010, 01:39 PM

It's not disabled you have to go into settings then game options and if you go down you can disable the auto turbo. That's what I did because I'm so use to hitting the turbo when I want instead of the computer doing it for me.

scott0326
08-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow, that really sucks. Especially if you were playing really well and would have gotten an easy win. You can see how often people pull the plug right? Unfortunately that doesn't help your record.
Actually, EA just fixed this problem, if somebody quits on you, pulls the plug or whatever, they get a loss and you get the win, I just got 3 wins within an hour.

The GM
08-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Actually, EA just fixed this problem, if somebody quits on you, pulls the plug or whatever, they get a loss and you get the win, I just got 3 wins within an hour.

Good. I haven't played online since I got it early and after I heard all the B.S. about this quitting I was going to wait till it was fixed to go back on. If anyone wants to get down later add me GT: all dayy247 and I'm on the 360.

Raj Da Dodge
08-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Aite does anyone here play on PS3? Cuz idk if its cuz I rented the game but do u gotta buy some kind of pass to play online? Anyone played online on PS3?

scott0326
08-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Aite does anyone here play on PS3? Cuz idk if its cuz I rented the game but do u gotta buy some kind of pass to play online? Anyone played online on PS3?
I have a 360, but I bought the game and I had to enter a code to activate online play and the code is only usable once, Id assume its same on PS3.

Raj Da Dodge
08-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I have a 360, but I bought the game and I had to enter a code to activate online play and the code is only usable once, Id assume its same on PS3.
gotchu.

RapsFan
08-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Lame question, but how do I set it up so I can have 2 backs share the carries? Do I put the RB sub slider to the max, and then leave the RB2/RB1 slider in the middle?

MeloMike
08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Some positives, mostly negatives though.

My thought: With the exception of updated rosters and a few new plays in the playbooks, this looks very much like the same game as last year. Superstar mode is the same boring shit, and I haven't noticed much difference in gameplay.

Oh, and the new play by play guy is terrible.

I don't know what to make of the new audible system. I basically memorized all the buttons for moving DL, LB, DBs and I was able to make tons of adjustments pre-snap...and now I have to learn this new system. I don't mind it though, just will take some getting used to.

I just cannot wait for EA to get their servers going at a better pace. Is it laggy for anyone else too? At least quitters get an L now when they leave after you score two quick TDs on them. One of the positives that I noticed.

The soundtrack is awesome. Loving the classic songs. Don't care much for the automatic turbo though...I like to be able to control what I'm doing.

If you have '10, you basically have '11.

Maybe I'm being to harsh though.

caliballer
08-21-2010, 09:36 PM
It's not disabled you have to go into settings then game options and if you go down you can disable the auto turbo. That's what I did because I'm so use to hitting the turbo when I want instead of the computer doing it for me.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. :cheers:

Raj Da Dodge
08-21-2010, 10:58 PM
idk why everyone thinks Gus Johnson sux...he's IMO CBS's best commentator and they got him on Madden now. Not pointin out toward just MM cuz he's the 3rd person I've heard that from.

MeloMike
08-21-2010, 11:47 PM
idk why everyone thinks Gus Johnson sux...he's IMO CBS's best commentator and they got him on Madden now. Not pointin out toward just MM cuz he's the 3rd person I've heard that from.

I just think he is a little bit over the top too frequently. I guess you either love him or hate him lol.

niko
08-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Some positives, mostly negatives though.

My thought: With the exception of updated rosters and a few new plays in the playbooks, this looks very much like the same game as last year. Superstar mode is the same boring shit, and I haven't noticed much difference in gameplay.

Oh, and the new play by play guy is terrible.

I don't know what to make of the new audible system. I basically memorized all the buttons for moving DL, LB, DBs and I was able to make tons of adjustments pre-snap...and now I have to learn this new system. I don't mind it though, just will take some getting used to.

I just cannot wait for EA to get their servers going at a better pace. Is it laggy for anyone else too? At least quitters get an L now when they leave after you score two quick TDs on them. One of the positives that I noticed.

The soundtrack is awesome. Loving the classic songs. Don't care much for the automatic turbo though...I like to be able to control what I'm doing.

If you have '10, you basically have '11.

Maybe I'm being to harsh though.

slightly harsh but not really. you left out one thing. the running really does feel different

RapsFan
08-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I am pretty impressed so far. Not perfect but I can't complain too much.

Franchise with the Jets, won the first game 20-19 against the Ravens. Revis had a game saving pick in the 4th and Braylon made his first grab late for a TD to win it. Tried to have split carries, increased the RB sub in/out's pretty high, but Greene still had 23 carries to like 3 for Tomlinson. Any ideas how to fix that? Increase fatigue as well? Or do I do something in the offense philosophy...where there is a slider that is set at the mid point between RB2 and RB1? Any help would be great.

jazz873
08-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Thank god they changed the quitting and not getting a win thing. It was so bad that you would have to let your opponent score just to make sure they wouldnt quit. i just got 3 wins in like a half hour from people quitting. Some people dont understand that fake punts and going for it on 4th down inside your 20 is why you will go down 21-0 in the first quarter. Some kid scored on me on his first drive then thought he could quit and get the win. :oldlol: :oldlol:

scott0326
08-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Thank god they changed the quitting and not getting a win thing. It was so bad that you would have to let your opponent score just to make sure they wouldnt quit. i just got 3 wins in like a half hour from people quitting. Some people dont understand that fake punts and going for it on 4th down inside your 20 is why you will go down 21-0 in the first quarter. Some kid scored on me on his first drive then thought he could quit and get the win. :oldlol: :oldlol:
I know what you mean, I was playing someone last night and its 4th and 21 so they fake a punt, WTF? Then he threw a pic 6 and quit so I got the win, it was my easiest win yet, I'm so glad EA fixed the quitting problem.

MeloMike
08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
5-0 online early. Played this guy that used the Saints and I don't think we stopped each other once. 49-42. I think we each fumbled one away and that was it. Fun game.

I find it easier this year to avoid tackles, and I find it more difficult to break a big kick off return...the return team gets down there a bit quicker. Also, more kicks make the endzone.

jazz873
08-22-2010, 07:58 PM
5-0 online early. Played this guy that used the Saints and I don't think we stopped each other once. 49-42. I think we each fumbled one away and that was it. Fun game.

I find it easier this year to avoid tackles, and I find it more difficult to break a big kick off return...the return team gets down there a bit quicker. Also, more kicks make the endzone.
After reading your post i just played a guy who used the saints too and the final score was like 63-48. We each threw for 500+ yards lol. Rodgers threw 8 tds

scott0326
08-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Almost every time I play the guy I'm playing is the Saints or Vikings.

NuggetsFan
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I just picked it up for the 360. Don't know much about football\haven't played any Maddens recently but played the demo quite abit so sprung for it. Shit was expensive :oldlol:

MeloMike
08-23-2010, 01:12 AM
I have come to a realization that I cannot stop anybody this year. :lol

I can score on anyone, even the nano blitzers, but I basically rely on others making mistakes, or forced fumbles to get stops. Anyone got any good playbooks? I seem to get beat up the middle alot. Stopping the run is no problem.

NuggetsFan
08-23-2010, 04:56 AM
I just got beat 51-0. Worst part is he was calling timeouts with 30 seconds left in the 4th to make sure he got the last TD. On top of that he attempts an outside kick with like 2 seconds left :oldlol:

RapsFan
08-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I find it impossible to rush the QB when playing the computer. I also have no kick return game at all despite a 99 rated returner. Other then that, I am liking the game. Wes Welker was unstoppable though when I played the Pats....unrealistic. I might have to play around with the sliders.

craigthomasb
08-23-2010, 07:05 PM
I find it impossible to rush the QB when playing the computer. I also have no kick return game at all despite a 99 rated returner. Other then that, I am liking the game. Wes Welker was unstoppable though when I played the Pats....unrealistic. I might have to play around with the sliders.

my giants are really great at getting at the QB, we messed up matt shaub the other night, got 2 great DE's, MLB and Saftey coming through, once i get ontop of a team, like 10 points up and they have to go to the air, my boys are after them

RapsFan
08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
my giants are really great at getting at the QB, we messed up matt shaub the other night, got 2 great DE's, MLB and Saftey coming through, once i get ontop of a team, like 10 points up and they have to go to the air, my boys are after them

I am the Jets and I am using a 3-4, so maybe it's easier with 2 rush ends? I have Pace and Dumervil (traded for) coming off the outside all the time but I can't do anything.

KG215
08-23-2010, 09:13 PM
So, I bought my game today, tried putting in my code for Madden Online access, and it keeps telling me the code is invalid. Anyone have any suggestions?

craigthomasb
08-23-2010, 09:28 PM
I am the Jets and I am using a 3-4, so maybe it's easier with 2 rush ends? I have Pace and Dumervil (traded for) coming off the outside all the time but I can't do anything.

yeah, i'd say a 4-3 is much better for rushing the passer, one of your ends will find some space, if not you will have tied up more linemen, leaving space for a LB or safety to run through, its all about timing IMO, you take a chance, and if the qb holds onto the ball too long, you take him down, you can get burned, quite a lot, but you just got to be smart about it

MeloMike
08-24-2010, 06:38 PM
I just finished a game where we were tied 21-21 with inside two minutes left. I had the ball on his 20, and he had no time outs left.

So I was gonna just milk the clock down to nothing, call a time out and kick the FG.

But I was having problems doing that as his players got injured three times and the clock stopped everytime. This doesn't happen in the NFL, does it? No timeouts left, so you get hurt and the clock just stops. I don't think that is right, teams would just fake injuries.

Still won the game, but if he had some timeouts, that really would have effected things.

This happen to anyone else? I don't remember this happening in '10.

Edit- rule book check. Can't do that. Bad glitch to have in your game.

jazz873
08-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I went into overtime with this kid and he kicked a fg and thought the game was over. I guess he didn't know about the new ot rules. He kept yelling and getting mad. "cmon dude why isn't the game over." Too bad i ended up losing it would of been funny to hear his reaction if i won.

artex
08-24-2010, 09:56 PM
about to get this!

Carbine
08-24-2010, 10:42 PM
If you have no timeouts left in a game and one of your guys gets injued after the 2 minute warning, I wonder what the penalty is? I have never encountered this on television before, and I would tend to argue that a team should not be penalized if their player gets hurt legit. You can't penalize a team for getting hurt, no matter where it happens.

Go Getter
08-25-2010, 05:19 AM
I thought it was hard to run [in 2k11] until I realized that the Bears running game just sucked.

:mad:

Legend of Josh
08-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I haven't bought a Madden game since 07 ... truth be told - I strongly preferred the 2K franchise (as did many others).

Madden just isn't 'realisitic' enough for me. Being 4th down and 20, you can throw a 50 yard bomb connecting for a touchdown.

:rolleyes:

They claimed to have 'fixed' this issue but still the same old story.

PowerGlove
08-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I agree with LOJ, this game is just flat out garbage. I have played and this is just ass backwards.

NY-Knicks
08-25-2010, 06:41 PM
I decided to start the NFL Superstar Mode. It's a runningback for the Steelers and I started off with a 68 or 69 rating. One game into the season the rating is 70. After the first day of training camp it improved but afterwards I couldn't see any increase in the ratings. Do I have to go somewhere to add points (like in the NBA 2k10 My Player Mode) or does it take a long time to improve?

KeylessEntry
08-30-2010, 01:04 PM
so fcking disappointed in this game. fcking typical EA sports garbage. I almost broke my controller a minute ago because i am so pissed at the steaming pile of bullshit that they call madden ultimate team.