PDA

View Full Version : Kobe "Any player crazy enough to mess with me, is crazy enough to play with me"

opps
07-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Matt Barnes said Kobe sent this to him in a text & it sold him. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JDKMagic
07-23-2010, 12:50 AM
:oldlol:

Rake2204
07-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I like it.

Rashard
07-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Laker practices this season should be incredibly intense. Artest/Barnes/Kobe/Blake/Fisher, none of those guys back down to anyone. Im so ready for the season to begin. So ready.

KIRA
07-23-2010, 12:54 AM
Lakers now one of the toughest teams in the league to go with our superior talent.

nosurrender
07-23-2010, 12:55 AM
ron artest #'s are gonna go down even further

and he will not appreciate matt barne's taking his time

chemistry issues will ensue

while the miami heat have no chemistry to begin with

celtics 2011 champs

Allstar24
07-23-2010, 12:57 AM

celtics 2011 champs
I feel dumb for reading this garbage.

PistolPete
07-23-2010, 12:58 AM
:oldlol: all this excitement for Matt F'n Barnes

who??

DTD
07-23-2010, 01:01 AM
....There is also that ineffable something known as will. Earlier this season Orlando's feisty Matt Barnes was standing close to Bryant when he feigned throwing a ball at Bryant's face. Bryant never even flinched. "That scared me a little," Barnes said later. "I mean, that wasn't even human."

Barnes tonight on Tony Bruno show: "Kobe has been calling me for the past 2 weeks. He and I have been like boyfriend/girlfriend."....

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-23-2010, 01:01 AM

who??

exactly.

Orlando Magic
07-23-2010, 01:03 AM

celtics 2011 champs

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber, for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

StacksOnDeck
07-23-2010, 01:05 AM

celtics 2011 champs

Oh god, I feel like I need to read a book after reading this garbage.

Anyways, that quote is HILARIOUS. :roll:

Rashard
07-23-2010, 01:09 AM

who??

It's not about who he is, but about what he brings to this team. Which is another much needed perimeter defender who can hustle, finish, and hit the outside shot. It addresses a major weakness on this team. He also brings more needed toughness. His presence also makes things easier for Kobe on the perimeter.

Rarely will there be a night during the season where Kobe will have to expend extra energy on the defensive end guarding the opposing team's best perimeter players. Artest and Barnes will handle that while Kobe will have more energy to focus on the offensive end of the court.

While Matt Barnes may not be a superstar he is EXACTLY the type of addition the Lakers needed to make the team stronger and a favorite to win the title again. I think that's the cause for all the excitment.

opps
07-23-2010, 01:11 AM
It's not about who he is, but about what he brings to this team. Which is another much needed perimeter defender who can hustle, finish, and hit the outside shot. It addresses a major weakness on this team. He also brings more needed toughness. His presence also makes things easier for Kobe on the perimeter.

Rarely will their be a night during the season where Kobe will have to expend extra energy on the defensive end guarding the opposing team's best perimeter players. Artest and Barnes will handle that while Kobe will have more energy to focus on the offensive end of the court.

While Matt Barnes may not be a superstar he is EXACTLY the type of addition the Lakers needed to make the team stronger and a favorite to win the title again. I think that's the cause for all the excitment.

:cheers: :applause: :bowdown:

EXACTLY only idoits dont understand

strike first
07-23-2010, 01:16 AM

who??

x2 this

laker fanbois are trippin over this scrub

KIRA
07-23-2010, 01:18 AM
crazy Magic fans were making a ton of Matt Barnes threads when he signed with them last year, he's a good role player

JustinJDW
07-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Kobe is such a ***.Haha, I have to admit, I would be lieing if I said that same exact thought didn't cross my mind. :oldlol:

lilgodfather1
07-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Here is to Matt Barnes helping Kobe become the GOAt.

cotdt
07-23-2010, 01:25 AM
....There is also that ineffable something known as will. Earlier this season Orlando's feisty Matt Barnes was standing close to Bryant when he feigned throwing a ball at Bryant's face. Bryant never even flinched. "That scared me a little," Barnes said later. "I mean, that wasn't even human."

Barnes tonight on Tony Bruno show: "Kobe has been calling me for the past 2 weeks. He and I have been like boyfriend/girlfriend."....

LOL... it took Barnes that long to figure out that Kobe isn't human?

plowking
07-23-2010, 01:27 AM
OMG, colluding! Investigate!

StacksOnDeck
07-23-2010, 01:30 AM

who??

Damn you're on a basketball forum and don't know basketball?

Rizko
07-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Kobe is such a ***.
LOL look at this Lebron fanboy. KOBE is DA BEST *****. Say it with me.

KOBE IS DA BEST ***** ALIVE

You just mad dat Kobe will cement his greatness after beating team diva and your IDOL Lebronze, Lebrick, Lerobin, Lebitch, etc. And place himself, along with Jordan as the 1A. 1B. of greatest players EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shafir
07-23-2010, 01:46 AM
^Holy shit, I just wanna pour some mouth wash in my head to somehow clean this sh*t out of my head.

RazorBaLade
07-23-2010, 01:49 AM
So close to becoming new goat sooo closeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RazorBaLade
07-23-2010, 01:50 AM

So where are all the people that said the ball was clearly not gonna go at Kobe's head? Clippersfan and other Kobe haters were all over that shit where are ya now!

PistolPete
07-23-2010, 01:51 AM
Damn you're on a basketball forum and don't know basketball?

You could put anyone's name there and fanboys would be flipping out saying role player this and role player that. Seriously, this is an already championship built team. There's no need for such commotion.

RazorBaLade
07-23-2010, 01:53 AM
You could put anyone's name there and fanboys would be flipping out saying role player this and role player that. Seriously, this is an already championship built team. There's no need for such commotion.

Honestly I have trouble agreeing with this, there's very minimal excitement for Blake and Ratliff, but ever since PG was confirmed to return all Laker fans have been really wanting Raja or Tmac. Since Barnes is very similar to Raja of course we are gonna be excited. He fills exactly what we need.

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 01:54 AM
So where are all the people that said the ball was clearly not gonna go at Kobe's head? Clippersfan and other Kobe haters were all over that shit where are ya now!

I'm here. And I still don't think it was a big deal that he didn't flinch...mostly because I've seen this exact scenario on the court with players who actually were going to fight.

RazorBaLade
07-23-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm here. And I still don't think it was a big deal that he didn't flinch...mostly because I've seen this exact scenario on the court with players who actually were going to fight.

But you were saying it was OBVIOUS that the ball wasn't going at Kobe and that's why he didn't flinch. So now you admit that you were wrong correct?

raptorfan_dr07
07-23-2010, 02:19 AM

Plus he knows that Matt Barnes would never really do that, and even if he did, the refs would jump in there and protect Kobe like crazy. Kobe has a proven track record of running from any sort of physical altercation, and the times that he didn't(Chris Childs, Reggie Miller), he got his @$$ beat.

oh the horror
07-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Plus he knows that Matt Barnes would never really do that, and even if he did, the refs would jump in there and protect Kobe like crazy. Kobe has a proven track record of running from any sort of physical altercation, and the times that he didn't(Chris Childs, Reggie Miller), he got his @$$ beat.

Hmm, I dont recall Kobe ever getting his "ass beat" dude. I think youre exaggerating a bit there.

DetroitPistonFan
07-23-2010, 02:28 AM
How did Kobe get his a$$ beat by Childs when after the punches, Childs ran off.

StacksOnDeck
07-23-2010, 02:29 AM

Only on the internet where getting your ass beat means getting hit by a weak punch from Childs that didn't even phase Kobe and only to have Childs backpedal to the rescue of his teammates. I don't know about you guys but from where I'm from, that's despicable.

Oh *sees username*

No wonder....

How did Kobe get his a$$ beat by Childs when after the punches, Childs ran off.

Don't bother with that loser. He's still trying to get over the past two Junes.

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 02:30 AM
But you were saying it was OBVIOUS that the ball wasn't going at Kobe and that's why he didn't flinch. So now you admit that you were wrong correct?

I said it was obvious he wasn't going to throw it. Why would he get ejected over that ?

LA KB24
07-23-2010, 02:33 AM

who??

serious post?

he's an excellent fit for us. :confusedshrug:

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 02:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRKqSGct9OE

Both fights on this vid...

He got ragged dolled by Reggie Miller and his 8" guns...

Childs backed up to make more space to tag him again and Shaq came over and got in between then the ref got in between before his teammates ever did anything.

They caught fade one on one. Kobe threw a elbow/push thing and Childs tagged him. Why be a revisionist ? Kobe's still a great player, but the n!gga can't fight

oh the horror
07-23-2010, 02:43 AM

Childs backed up to make more space to tag him again and Shaq came over and got in between then the ref got in between before his teammates ever did anything.

They caught fade one on one. Kobe threw a elbow/push thing and Childs tagged him. Why be a revisionist ? Kobe's still a great player, but the n!gga can't fight

You're the one making up something in your head bro. Ive seen the Chris Childs footage, and i remember all of these "altercations"....They're hardly "fights".

To sit there, and base those little nonsensical instances, and assume someone cannot fight based on those little situations, is silly. I dont care if Kobe can, or cannot fight, but lets be real here...None of us know for sure.

kobesabi
07-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Matt was showing his skill to kobe to pick him up in the summer.
Kobe was thinking...hrmmm...a crazy player...I want to draft this guy to my army.

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 02:48 AM
You're the one making up something in your head bro. Ive seen the Chris Childs footage, and i remember all of these "altercations"....They're hardly "fights".

To sit there, and base those little nonsensical instances, and assume someone cannot fight based on those little situations, is silly. I dont care if Kobe can, or cannot fight, but lets be real here...None of us know for sure.

You can see in seconds if somebody has been in fights. He look like he's never been in one. He was scared to death and threw a retarded middle school push elbow thing then ain't even get his hands up after and got tagged. That is not somebody who chunks em or knows how to chunk em.

Stephen Jackson can fight. In the Malice in the Palace he went up in the stands puttin in WORK

StacksOnDeck
07-23-2010, 02:49 AM
I said it was obvious he wasn't going to throw it. Why would he get ejected over that ?

99% of the NBA would have flinched. Still can't get over June I see?

Lol who backpedals at that speed to throw in another punch? Jesus christ, you're trolling is not even funny.

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 02:53 AM
99% of the NBA would have flinched. Still can't get over June I see?

Lol who backpedals at that speed to throw in another punch? Jesus christ, you're trolling is not even funny.

I really have no emotion over the NBA. Lakers WILL win next year too. I called 3 peat long time ago. I tune in for entertainment like I used to tune into wrestling.

Would YOU or would YOU not make space if you seen Shaq coming at you while you are trying to fight somebody else ? He was moving away from Shaq to square off again

chuuuch
07-23-2010, 02:53 AM
You can see in seconds if somebody has been in fights. He look like he's never been in one. He was scared to death and threw a retarded middle school push elbow thing then ain't even get his hands up after and got tagged. That is not somebody who chunks em or knows how to chunk em.

Stephen Jackson can fight. In the Malice in the Palace he went up in the stands puttin in WORK

You're talking like you could fight.. Watch out now ISH lol!

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 02:54 AM
You're talking like you could fight..

I can. I don't see how that has ANY relevance

StacksOnDeck
07-23-2010, 02:58 AM

I'm sure you can. Anyone who backpedals at a fast speed while the opponent is attacking you is a bad fighter.

TheLogo
07-23-2010, 03:00 AM

ROFL.

You and I would have been knocked the fack out with that punch.

Taking a punch is half the battle and Kobe has a pretty strong chin and that punch that didn't even phase him.

It's like big brother letting little brother hit him...he wasn't even dazed.

kobesabi
07-23-2010, 03:00 AM
I tune in for entertainment like I used to tune into wrestling.

There will be some smackdown to the Heat on at least 5 courts for entertainment and epic BOOing and banners against 1 player. That's entertaiment :D

chuuuch
07-23-2010, 03:03 AM

Says who? Btw you're the one telling everyone here Kobe can't fight...:violin: Kobe trains to play ball not to fight, I thought u knew that already :banghead:

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm sure you can. Anyone who backpedals at a fast speed while the opponent is attacking you is a bad fighter.

In a potential brawl you don't want to square off in a zone like that. You wanna make space so you don't get blind sided.

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 03:04 AM
Says who? Btw you're the one telling everyone here Kobe can't fight...:violin: Kobe trains to play ball not to fight, I thought u knew that already :banghead:

I never said he needed to be able to fight...I'm also not the one claiming he prolly got chunk ems

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 03:04 AM
ROFL.

You and I would have been knocked the fack out with that punch.

Taking a punch is half the battle and Kobe has a pretty strong chin and that punch that didn't even phase him.

It's like big brother letting little brother hit him...he wasn't even dazed.

That punch was weak. You could have took it

TheLogo
07-23-2010, 03:05 AM
I doubt a guy like Kobe would even flinch on a punch like that. His will to win and his will wouldn't let him go down like that.

He took Childs' best punch and still stood there unaffected.

TheLogo
07-23-2010, 03:06 AM
That punch was weak. You could have took it

If the punch was weak and Kobe wasn't knocked the f out...than how is it that Kobe got beat down like you said he did.

Remember...Kobe built the building your franchise plays in.

StacksOnDeck
07-23-2010, 03:08 AM
If the punch was weak and Kobe wasn't knocked the f out...than how is it that Kobe got beat down like you said he did.

Game over.

thejumpa
07-23-2010, 03:10 AM

I remember watching both those fights as they happened. As a basketball player, dude is off the charts. However, I've always said that Kobe isn't built for fighting or any kind of physical confrontation. Reggie got at him, Childs got at him....even when Artest got at him, he was throwing rocks and hiding his hands. You can tell he's not used to those kind of situations. Not a huge deal really...he can still burn you with his shot and make you pay.

Connoisseur
07-23-2010, 03:13 AM

celtics 2011 champs

Phil Jackson is the master of micromanaging rotations, substitutions and positions. Barne's playtime will NOT conflict with Artest's.

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 03:13 AM

I didn't say Kobe got beat up. Somebody else said that. I said he don't know how to fight. He fought like a 6th grader in his 1st fight

LAClipsFan33
07-23-2010, 03:14 AM
I remember watching both those fights as they happened. As a basketball player, dude is off the charts. However, I've always said that Kobe isn't built for fighting or any kind of physical confrontation. Reggie got at him, Childs got at him....even when Artest got at him, he was throwing rocks and hiding his hands. You can tell he's not used to those kind of situations. Not a huge deal really...he can still burn you with his shot and make you pay.

This.

That's all I was saying. WTF he need to be able to fight for when he's so wicked with the rock ?

jaydacris
07-23-2010, 03:14 AM
barnes wants some thug luvin from kobe

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3162/2897770874_62f4641df5.jpg

kobesabi
07-23-2010, 03:59 AM
I didn't say Kobe got beat up. Somebody else said that. I said he don't know how to fight. He fought like a 6th grader in his 1st fight
He fought to win the bigger battle.

Probably it's this...if Kobe respond or snap back...gets ejected, lose the same, and get suspended lose another game...and gets mocked even more...for nothing. Double lost.

On the other hand...don't bother unless you win something back bigger...like win the game...maybe one day draft him to as your bull dog later and win a bigger game. In the end of the day...this is a better play.

Had Kobe snap (burning the bridge), MB wouldn't even think of Lakers by now.

This is the Sun Tzu way of thinking.

Dilly
07-23-2010, 04:58 AM
Kobe is such a ***.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a355/jerboski/misc/you_mad_5.jpg

momo
07-23-2010, 06:20 AM
http://memegenerator.net/matt-barnes-kobe/ImageMacro/1766424/matt-barnes-kobe-BFFs.jpg

KB2009Champ
07-23-2010, 09:20 AM
man clipper fans are pathetic and always will be pathetic.

so used to losing that they themselves stay losing. :oldlol:

G-Funk
07-23-2010, 09:41 AM

celtics 2011 champs

I feel sorry for u, may god be with u

Jon101
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Kobe would beat the shit outta any of you in a fight, that I know for a fact.

Rocker09
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM
IMO, this is a great signing for the lakers...matt barnes is exactly the right kind of player that they need...

sodap
07-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Lakers Celticsized themselves this offseason (in a good way)

glidedrxlr22
07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Fukc Kobe and his arrogant comments.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-23-2010, 10:46 AM

you guys better hope you get CP3, otherwise the primes of Roy and Aldridge may be wasted.

Lakerlove420
07-23-2010, 10:50 AM

:violin: :rolleyes:

OneMoreSucka
07-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Made me like Kobe a little bit more

Kappy
07-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Kobe is the anti-LeBron ......

Lebron - Joins other superstars.
Kobe - Kicks the 3-time Finals MVP off his team.

Lebron - Joins his beast friends.
Kobe - Recruits his worst enemies.

:pimp:

opps
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM

LOL :roll: :roll:

I know he kicked Shaq off but who else?

gts
07-23-2010, 04:11 PM

:pimp:lol

Samurai Swoosh
07-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Hmm, I dont recall Kobe ever getting his "ass beat" dude. I think youre exaggerating a bit there.
Seriously ...

The way haters over exaggerate the Chris Childs thing is hilarious.

Find the GIF or clip some where.

Chris Childs a known antagonizer (tried to start stuff with Jordan all the time too)

They get in each other's face, Bryant puts an elbow in his jaw / neck area to keep him out.

Childs BACKS up ... then swings. Connects on Kobe's adam's apple ... Bryant not even phased now leaps at Childs ... who starts backing away like say ... Carmelo Anthony.

Yeah ... he sure got his ass beat.

Same goes for the situation with Reggie Miller.

nevetslc88
07-23-2010, 04:25 PM

LA_Showtime
07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
5 years ago nobody wanted to play with Kobe. Flash forward to today, and everyone wants to. :oldlol:

Barnes is a solid addition, but I don't expect more than 6-8 points off the bench. Can he guard point guards?

B-Low
07-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Lebron - Joins his best friends.