PDA

View Full Version : Jonas Valanciunas - possible top 5 pick

Grinder
07-24-2010, 05:24 PM
The 6'11" PF/C is only 18 years old from Lithuania and is projected as a top 5 pick in next year's draft should he declare.

He's currently playing in the U18 European championships and just had 18 points and 11 rebounds and kept his team undefeated. He's averaging 17 points, 12 rebounds, 2 blocks and shooting 80% from FT line and 56% from the field.

He played on an average team in Lithuania this past season and averaged 12 points (62% from the field; 75% FT), 8 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks in 24 minutes per game. He's considered a better prospect than Motiejunas so it'll in be interesting to see his development in the next year.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/files/%7B71CD298F-5008-4B6A-9CA4-EB0F7A54FFC3%7Dflexible.jpg

HisJoeness
07-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Who does he compare to?

Grinder
07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Who does he compare to?

He excels at the pick and roll and triple threat position facing the basket. I'd say he's a less athletic (still a good athletic), longer, more defensive oriented Amar'e Stoudemire type player.

madmax
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
He excels at the pick and roll and triple threat position facing the basket. I'd say he's a less athletic (still a good athletic), longer, more defensive oriented Amar'e Stoudemire type player.
once again you show your complete lack of knowledge about european guys...Valaciunas is nothing like Amare - he's traditional center with a nice touch and a feel for rebounds. He's also blessed with very long hands and has a knack for offensive put-backs. He's actually already a better NBA material than Motiejunas is.

Grinder
07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
once again you show your complete lack of knowledge about european guys...Valaciunas is nothing like Amare - he's traditional center with a nice touch and a feel for rebounds. He's also blessed with very long hands and has a knack for offensive put-backs. He's actually already a better NBA material than Motiejunas is.

LMAO. Have you watched any of the games at the Euro championships? His offensive game is face up like Amare. He excels at using one or two dribbles to get to his spots and gets a lot of plays on the pick and roll.

Traditional center? GTFO.

Your posts about Motiejunas were about as inaccurate as I've seen.

madmax
07-24-2010, 05:52 PM
LMAO. Have you watched any of the games at the Euro championships? His offensive game is face up like Amare. He excels at using one or two dribbles to get to his spots and gets a lot of plays on the pick and roll.

LOL:roll: He's my compatriot dude - I've watched plenty of him last season in Rytas...sure, he's versatile enough to play a face-up game, but his best skills are rebounding and post-up moves. Stop spreading misinformation on these boards

Grinder
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
LOL:roll: He's my compatriot dude - I've watched plenty of him last season in Rytas...sure, he's versatile enough to play a face-up game, but his best skills are rebounding and post-up moves. Stop spreading misinformation on these boards

To say he's a traditional center is a joke. I don't care if you're Lithuanian and have seen him play a lot, doesn't mean much when you don't accurately describe his game. He's probably a 4 in the NBA anyway. He can't post up NBA big men, he's at his best facing up.

You lost all credibility when you said Ibaka wasn't good enough to make the Spanish NT. :facepalm

broy
He should have moved to college league, like Enes Kanter did. No way he can be selected at top 5 picks, while playing in europe.

CLTHornets4eva
So is Valanciunas actually a better prospect than Montiejunas? If so, how?

Grinder
07-27-2010, 01:50 AM
Valanciunas exploded to the tune of 34 points/13 rebounds/4 blocks (14-16 from the field).

He's now averaging 21/10/3 for the tourney.

Remember the name.

ashbelly
07-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Is he tougher than ernes kanter ???

madmax
07-27-2010, 03:16 AM
Is he tougher than ernes kanter ???
well, he's more athletic and faster - that's for sure...

CeltsGarlic
07-27-2010, 03:17 AM
He looks great in U18, just unstoppable, and his team mates are giving him a lot of balls.

twolvesfan
07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
I have never seen him play, but after reading several reports on the guy he seems willing (and able) to play defense while Motiejunas doesn't. Hopefully i can catch this guy play a few games

Yung D-Will
07-27-2010, 11:32 AM
In before Lakas

Grinder
07-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Valanciunas continues to dominate in the U18 Euro championships. He's been the best player in the tournament for the best team leading Lithuania to an undefeated 6-0 record so far.

He had 20 points (7-9), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks in just 20 minutes of play against Spain yesterday.

Today he posted 22 points (8-11), 17 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Numbers for the tournament:

21 ppg / 12 rpg / 2.5 bpg - 70% FG and 81% FT

madmax
07-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Valanciunas continues to dominate in the U18 Euro championships. He's been the best player in the tournament for the best team leading Lithuania to an undefeated 6-0 record so far.

He had 20 points (7-9), 6 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks in just 20 minutes of play against Spain yesterday.

Today he posted 22 points (8-11), 17 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Numbers for the tournament:

21 ppg / 12 rpg / 2.5 bpg - 70% FG and 81% FT
yup, and his numbers could even be better if liths had PG's who knew how to use him properly...I just wonder if he could be used as a backup C for our NT in Turkey - he can't be worse than that stick Andriuskevicius

Lakas Fan Yo
07-28-2010, 03:27 PM

Motiejunas is just like Rubio. Mostly pure hype.

madmax
07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Motiejunas is just like Rubio. Mostly pure hype.
stop talking crap about non-greek Euro players:banghead: Motiejunas had a good season with Treviso and was one of their best frontcourt guys

Grinder
07-28-2010, 03:38 PM
yup, and his numbers could even be better if liths had PG's who knew how to use him properly...I just wonder if he could be used as a backup C for our NT in Turkey - he can't be worse than that stick Andriuskevicius

He's definitely good enough to play and would be useful if Javtokas and Andriuskevicius get in foul trouble. He's already proven to be a valuable contributor for Rytas and had a few good games against Zalgiris in the finals, I doubt he'll play both the u18 and the WC though.

What do you think the Lithuanian roster will look like?

My guess:
Kalnietis / Delininkaitis
Gecevicius / Seibutis
Jasaitis / Maciulis
Kleiza / Jankunas / Motiejunas
Javtokas / Andriuskevicius

Maybe Kleiza starts at the 3 and Jankunas at 4.

madmax
07-28-2010, 03:46 PM
He's definitely good enough to play and would be useful if Javtokas and Andriuskevicius get in foul trouble. He's already proven to be a valuable contributor for Rytas and had a few good games against Zalgiris in the finals, I doubt he'll play both the u18 and the WC though.

What do you think the Lithuanian roster will look like?

My guess:
Kalnietis / Delininkaitis
Gecevicius / Seibutis
Jasaitis / Maciulis
Kleiza / Jankunas / Motiejunas
Javtokas / Andriuskevicius

Maybe Kleiza starts at the 3 and Jankunas at 4.
I'd assume that would be the roster of our NT in Turkey. Obviously we are very shaky at the PG position, but we've been through this crap before - hopefully our coach will somehow manage to use other guards if Kalnietis sucks too badly. Gecevicius and Seibutis can perform PG duties as well if required. As for our big guys, I expect Kleiza to start at the 3 or 4, depending on the opponent, with Jankunas being our main PF.

maxwellcu
07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Dude will need to get bigger to play in the NBA.

DaniloGallinari
07-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Top 2 center prospects from Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SOU7J3_wZc

Lakas Fan Yo
07-28-2010, 04:58 PM
stop talking crap about non-greek Euro players:banghead: Motiejunas had a good season with Treviso and was one of their best frontcourt guys

Like I said, mostly pure hype just like Rubio.

DaniloGallinari
07-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Like I said, mostly pure hype just like Rubio.

Reported. Keep posting crap.

Grinder
07-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Valanciunas keeps Lithuania undefeated with an 84-51 rout of Greece.

He had 10 points on only 2 FG attempts and 8-10 from the FT line to go along with 17 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Lakas Fan Yo
07-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Valanciunas keeps Lithuania undefeated with an 84-51 rout of Greece.

He had 10 points on only 2 FG attempts and 8-10 from the FT line to go along with 17 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Yes, he's a great player. Far better than the hype machines Rubio and Motiejunas.

And Chrysikopoulos outplayed him in the game.

Lakas Fan Yo
07-30-2010, 03:22 PM
FIBA compares Valanciunas to Sabonis (the comparison has already been made for a long time in Lithuanian basketball circles).

http://www.fibaeurope-u18men.com/en/Default.asp?coid={B9E362EB-7EE5-4960-8FE9-3355781835B1}&articleMode=on

madmax
08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Big fella finishes Euro champ with a bang - 31 points and 18 rebounds game, leading his team to gold nonetheless. He finishes the tourney with 19 ppg, 13 rpg and 3 bpg average, while shooting 70 % from the field:rockon:

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Big fella finishes Euro champ with a bang - 31 points and 18 rebounds game, leading his team to gold nonetheless. He finishes the tourney with 19 ppg, 13 rpg and 3 bpg average, while shooting 70 % from the field:rockon:

Stay away from Euros being top 5 picks. It is like we never learn our lesson. There has yet, to be a Euro ever to be a legit franchise player that can win the big one.

ZenMaster
08-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Stay away from Euros being top 5 picks. It is like we never learn our lesson. There has yet, to be a Euro ever to be a legit franchise player that can win the big one.

It's bound to happen at some point.

Dirk was a MVP you know... Which means that at one point the best player in the league was from Europe, that's pretty major.

madmax
08-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Dirk was a MVP you know... Which means that at one point the best player in the league was from Europe, that's pretty major.
the irony of them all is that this Euro kid plays nothing like Dirk or other typical Euro:oldlol: His game is as american as it comes

twolvesfan
08-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Pau was taken 3rd over all as well.

ZenMaster
08-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Pau was taken 3rd over all as well.

He's also one of the best players in the league today and still has some good years left. Great great player!

ZenMaster
08-01-2010, 06:00 PM
the irony of them all is that this Euro kid plays nothing like Dirk or other typical Euro:oldlol: His game is as american as it comes

Players who develop in Europe are pretty different though. You have Ibaka and you're going to see Pekovic this year who you wont think is typical euro either.

No matter what you think of them big white guys from Europe who can shoot has a spot in the league. Dirk, Danilo, Bargnani are all big wing/face up players who can shoot. It happens at young age here, look at this 7feet 15year old winning 3-point competitions at major Euro tournaments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRayttfXp0

You have to give them and the European development system credit, you don't see too many american 6-10+ white guys who can shoot like the Euros and be NBA rotational players.

Qwyjibo
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Next year's draft could be the golden opportunity for a European to cash in.

The Raptors are going to be terrible and likely get a top 5 pick. If Bryan Colangelo is still around, one of these guys will be a happy and rich man after draft night.

Grinder
08-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Amazing talent and put it all on display in the title game. The Raptors would be foolish not to draft him with a top 5 pick and play him alongside Bargnani.

Top 5 Euro prospects for next year's draft in my opinion:
1. Jonas Valanciunas
2. Enes Kanter
3. Jan Vesely
4. Elias Harris
5. Donatas Motiejunas

Nastradamus
08-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Doesn't sound much like Amare

kap
08-01-2010, 08:30 PM
too bad he's white

jamal99
08-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Amazing talent and put it all on display in the title game. The Raptors would be foolish not to draft him with a top 5 pick and play him alongside Bargnani.

Top 5 Euro prospects for next year's draft in my opinion:
1. Jonas Valanciunas
2. Enes Kanter
3. Jan Vesely
4. Elias Harris
5. Donatas Motiejunas

IMO Vesely might do better in the NBA then any of other players on that list. He's so long and athletic, plus hustles hard every game.

Another prospect too look is Nemanja Nedovic (plays at same time like Nemanja Bjelica did until now), a 6'2" very athletic point guard. He can shoot pretty well and is improving his decision making and passing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNssDFqhE0

and here he hits a 3pointer and then assists Bjelica for a dunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcpvirLKQ2w&feature=related

He is born in 1991.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
IMO Vesely might do better in the NBA then any of other players on that list. He's so long and athletic, plus hustles hard every game.

Another prospect too look is Nemanja Nedovic (plays at same time like Nemanja Bjelica did until now), a 6'2" very athletic point guard. He can shoot pretty well and is improving his decision making and passing.

He is born in 1991.

I like Vesey more than those others also.

Grinder
08-02-2010, 12:12 PM

He is born in 1991.

This Nedovic guy looks like an interesting prospect, that dunk was sick too. I'll have to keep an eye on him, we'll see if he can get some significant minutes at the Eurocup level.

I like Vesely - I think he's got a lot of translatable skills to the NBA game and above average athleticism, he had a chance of going top 10 this past year.

Valanciunas won the tournament MVP.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/files/%7BC9473946-E6FE-4E24-83C3-F92351941EFB%7Dbig_h.jpg

The all tournament team was: Lithuania's Deividas Pukis, Russia's Dmitry Kulagin, Latvia's Davis Bertans and Serbia's Nikola Silad.

Don't get how Gentile and Chrysikopoulos didn't make the team.

Grinder
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Center - Jonas Valanciunas (Lithuania)
Stats: 19.4 ppg, 13.4 rpg, 2.7 bpg, 70% 2P FG
As mentioned already this isn't the first time Jonas Valanciunas wins the gold and the MVP award at a European Championship. In 2008 with the U16 team Lithuania and their upcoming star were at the exact same spot, and this year proves they maintain one of the most important things in basketball - continuity. Valanciunas dominated this championship from the first moment and posted no less than six double-doubles. His best performance came against France in the Qualifying Round when he left on the floor 34 points with only two missed shots, 13 rebounds and four blocks. In the title game he reached double-double already before the end of the first half before writing almost better figures with 31 points and 18 rebounds. Such combination of size, agility, instincts, length and athleticism isn't common in European Basketball and while his one-on-one offensive game is still under development his dominance under the boards was one of the most impressive seen in the last years in youth basketball. The MVP is ranked top six in no less than 14 different statistical categories and even more impressive in 12 of them he's ranked in the top two among them Total Rebounds (#1), Defensive Rebounds (#1), Blocked Shots (#2), Field Goal Percentage (#1), Free Throws Attempted (#1), Free Throws Made (#1) and 2 Pts Field Goal Percentage (#1).

From FIBA.com

jamal99
11-20-2010, 12:30 AM
This Nedovic guy looks like an interesting prospect, that dunk was sick too. I'll have to keep an eye on him, we'll see if he can get some significant minutes at the Eurocup level.

Nedovic made one more highlight dunk few days ago against Cibona.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsyVQMv8djk&feature=related
it was damn nasty dunk for a point guard...

Rekindled
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM

he is a way better prospect then montiejunas. he actually plays inside unlike montiejunas who is bargnani lite

Grinder
01-12-2011, 03:43 PM

You copied the exact thing I said a few months later. You're a ****ing idiot.

I personally believe Vesely and Valanciunas could become stars in NBA. Vesely could be a longer improved version of Kirilenko and Valanciunas plays very much like Amare + defense included

lilWesleyJ4
01-12-2011, 04:21 PM
You copied the exact thing I said a few months later. You're a ****ing idiot.
:BOX::roll:

BarberSchool
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Anyone who thinks Valanciunas will be able to explode off his first step and score in the paint like Amare....against NBA defense, is delusional.

Take Linas Kleiza's foot speed and leaping (not bad but far from Amare) and stick it on a taller, anorexic Kevin Love, with none of Love's intelligence on the court = Valanciunas.

gasolina
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
My gripe about these Euro big men who were supposed to have a traditional inside game is that nobody (apart from the Gasol brothers) seemed to have transitioned well.

Dirk and Bargs are different, since they were primarily jump shooters in Europe, and are still jump shooters in the NBA. Pau and Marc I think are exceptions. Hands down Pau is the most skilled big man in the NBA, and Marc, given his size is no slouch either. Both brothers use their skills to excel, its not like they just take you off the first step and dunk on you.

I've yet to see an explosive big man to come out from Europe and make it in the NBA. When you think about it, the only athletic big from Europe to stick around the league was Darko. And he only got to stick around because of his D, and now because of his still developing post game.

alenleomessi
01-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Kanter and Vesely are guys to look for

madmax
01-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Anyone who thinks Valanciunas will be able to explode off his first step and score in the paint like Amare....against NBA defense, is delusional.

Take Linas Kleiza's foot speed and leaping (not bad but far from Amare) and stick it on a taller, anorexic Kevin Love, with none of Love's intelligence on the court = Valanciunas.

once again - he's only 18 and still growing into his body, he won't be a stick his whole life. He has a good frame and very long arms to succeed playing NBA ball. Think about european Javale McGee or Fran Vazquez (who would do very well if he decided to play NBA basketball). He's amazing rebounder and hustle guy too. He'll do just fine.

Euroleague
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
My gripe about these Euro big men who were supposed to have a traditional inside game is that nobody (apart from the Gasol brothers) seemed to have transitioned well.

Dirk and Bargs are different, since they were primarily jump shooters in Europe, and are still jump shooters in the NBA. Pau and Marc I think are exceptions. Hands down Pau is the most skilled big man in the NBA, and Marc, given his size is no slouch either. Both brothers use their skills to excel, its not like they just take you off the first step and dunk on you.

I've yet to see an explosive big man to come out from Europe and make it in the NBA. When you think about it, the only athletic big from Europe to stick around the league was Darko. And he only got to stick around because of his D, and now because of his still developing post game.

Fran Vazquez and Robertas Javtokas are/were as athletic as any center in the NBA is. They just never decided to play in the NBA.

Euroleague
01-12-2011, 05:48 PM
once again - he's only 18 and still growing into his body, he won't be a stick his whole life. He has a good frame and very long arms to succeed playing NBA ball. Think about european Javale McGee or Fran Vazquez (who would do very well if he decided to play NBA basketball). He's amazing rebounder and hustle guy too. He'll do just fine.

Jonas Valanciunas is now 2.13 meters (7-0) tall and his wingspan is now 2.29 meters (7-6) and he is supposedly still growing......

The NBA will be drooling over this guy before the draft, due to their insane obsession with such vitals.

Grinder
01-13-2011, 12:05 PM

Sounds nothing like Valanciunas, my man.

Kombo
01-13-2011, 01:59 PM
For a guy his size, and someone that is still growing, he looks completely comfortable in his body. I love the way he glides around the court. He's doesn't have heavy feet at all compared to many with his size.

I don't think he's super explosive, and if he is, he doesn't use it in a game. The great thing is he is a quick finisher on the offensive end due to being so long. He can just catch a slam while only elevating about a foot. He doesn't waste time with a dribble and can always go up strong with two hands.

I think he'll be a good one. He won't have a monster rookie year, but by year three he could really be a real force.

Grinder
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Bump once again to show how much of an idiotic hypocrite our special Lithuanian friend madmax is. :lol

lilWesleyJ4
02-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Bump once again to show how much of an idiotic hypocrite our special Lithuanian friend madmax is. :lol
Been a huge fan of Valanciunas since I first heard about him a year ago. Part of me hopes the Wolves don't get a top 3 picks just so we can draft him:lol

jamal99
05-14-2011, 02:33 PM

Yesterday he toyed with players of the best team in the country (and a very good Euroleague team). Great potential, he really looked like Derrick Rose out there!

His highlights from that game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0NYJn1h-nM

knickballer
05-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Yesterday he toyed with players of the best team in the country (and a very good Euroleague team). Great potential, he really looked like Derrick Rose out there!

His highlights from that game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0NYJn1h-nM

He's extremely quick and fast.. Has some decent handles but he seems to turn the ball over alot. Nonetheless he seems like a good NBA prospect.

iDunk
05-14-2011, 06:49 PM
His ceiling is Tyson Chandler.

Grinder
05-14-2011, 07:02 PM
His ceiling is Tyson Chandler.

Still worth a top 5 pick. Look at Chandler's impact on the Mavs this year.

:roll: @ madmax

alenleomessi
05-14-2011, 07:10 PM
there are some good players in this draft i dont know whats with the weak draft talk
i guess we will see few years from now

jamal99
05-14-2011, 08:01 PM
He's extremely quick and fast.. Has some decent handles but he seems to turn the ball over alot. Nonetheless he seems like a good NBA prospect.

Yeah, he need to slow down a bit sometimes and improve decision making. I hope he will get it with experience as he gets older. Now, he's just a very athletic player with lots of offensive potential.

madmax
05-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Still worth a top 5 pick. Look at Chandler's impact on the Mavs this year.

:roll: @ madmax

what is your issue with me anyway dude?:rolleyes: I've expressed my opinion and you said yours - now how about you stop stalking me and wait to see how this kid develops?

RedBlackAttack
05-14-2011, 08:34 PM
there are some good players in this draft i dont know whats with the weak draft talk
i guess we will see few years from now
I think discussing the strength of a draft prior to any of these guys playing a single NBA game is senseless. I mean, I understand that people like to use their own evaluations to project how players will turn out on the next level, but no one really knows if this is a strong draft, a weak draft or a mediocre draft.

We can check back in a few years from now and then have a real idea about the strength of this draft. I agree with you... There is a lot of potential in this draft, especially at the top.

There seems to be a few really nice international prospects in Valanciunas, Kanter, Vesely, Biyombo and Motiejunas. All of those guys may be gone within the Top 10.

Grinder
05-14-2011, 10:15 PM
what is your issue with me anyway dude?:rolleyes: I've expressed my opinion and you said yours - now how about you stop stalking me and wait to see how this kid develops?

Stalking? Reread the definition.

My issue is that it's easy to dismiss someone and say they have no idea what they're talking about and then come in a few months later and repeat the same exact thing I said and pretend your moronic earlier remarks were never said.

Pretty much what it comes down to is that you're a hypocrite and you were wrong, I was right. As usual. :oldlol:

nerds
05-15-2011, 01:54 AM
I cannot believe you people are getting hyped over an under 18 Euro comp!

Who else is sick and tired of all these Euro's being hyped to be the next big thing?

The are only 2 players that have panned out in recent years to become superstars and thats Dirk and Pau Gasol (no Marc is not a superstar, and does not have the talent to become one).

The 2 Italians (Barganni and Gallinari) at best will be borderline allstars, but have yet done jack sh!t with the opportunities given to them....be interested to see how long the Raptors will keep packaging Barganni as its 'franchise' player

The vast majority of Euro's get exposed in the NBA, and most become average at best!

Euroleague
05-15-2011, 04:22 AM
I cannot believe you people are getting hyped over an under 18 Euro comp!

Who else is sick and tired of all these Euro's being hyped to be the next big thing?

The are only 2 players that have panned out in recent years to become superstars and thats Dirk and Pau Gasol (no Marc is not a superstar, and does not have the talent to become one).

The 2 Italians (Barganni and Gallinari) at best will be borderline allstars, but have yet done jack sh!t with the opportunities given to them....be interested to see how long the Raptors will keep packaging Barganni as its 'franchise' player

The vast majority of Euro's get exposed in the NBA, and most become average at best!

Wait are you actually implying that guys like Bargnani, Galinari, and Valanciunas are among the best European players.......................

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :lol

Yeah, they are nothing more than an average European players. News flash genius, the NBA likes to draft players based solely on hype and nothing more. Hype they create themselves.

Just like how Rubio is an awful Euroleague player.

9 out of 10 of the best European players are never drafted genius.

Seriously, Bargnani and Galinari? You have got to be kidding me. They would just be average players in the Euroleague.

Silenttristo
05-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Stalking? Reread the definition.

My issue is that it's easy to dismiss someone and say they have no idea what they're talking about and then come in a few months later and repeat the same exact thing I said and pretend your moronic earlier remarks were never said.

Pretty much what it comes down to is that you're a hypocrite and you were wrong, I was right. As usual. :oldlol:

How old are you? Really?! Can no-one have a differing opinion to you? You have shown to have a great knowledge of a solid young prospect, and that's great, but why is madmax not allowed to give his take on a prospect?

Yeah, I know I've only got a handful of posts, but that doesn't mean I don't lurk hear all the ****ing time. You are a **** to most people on this forum, and something needs to be said about it.

Go **** yourself, you ****ing child.

GOBB
05-15-2011, 11:57 AM
How old are you? Really?! Can no-one have a differing opinion to you? You have shown to have a great knowledge of a solid young prospect, and that's great, but why is madmax not allowed to give his take on a prospect?

Yeah, I know I've only got a handful of posts, but that doesn't mean I don't lurk hear all the ****ing time. You are a **** to most people on this forum, and something needs to be said about it.

Go **** yourself, you ****ing child.

Well he's pretty well versed in NBA, college, high school, 12 & under, semi pro and any international league outside of America. I remember he talked about a guy in Philly who played at a local rec league and broke down his game. Amazing to say the least. Somewhere a 6yr old is getting yelled at by mum for making a ton of noise on his nerf set. But Grinder has the scouting report on the kid. :oldlol:

Nash
05-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Wait are you actually implying that guys like Bargnani, Galinari, and Valanciunas are among the best European players.......................

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oldlol: :lol

Yeah, they are nothing more than an average European players. News flash genius, the NBA likes to draft players based solely on hype and nothing more. Hype they create themselves.

Just like how Rubio is an awful Euroleague player.

9 out of 10 of the best European players are never drafted genius.

Seriously, Bargnani and Galinari? You have got to be kidding me. They would just be average players in the Euroleague.
Tell me more, who is the best Euro players and how good would they be in the NBA right now?

Maga_1
05-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Here we go again.

Burgz
05-15-2011, 03:24 PM
slow feet but good hands, will be a serviceable big but nothing spectacular

even if he's drafted this year he's still years away from being an NBA player

Rekindled
05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
lol @ comparing him to chandler. he wishes he is anywhere nearly as athletic as chandler.

Borat_Sagdyev
05-15-2011, 05:22 PM
A little strange Jonas highlights from the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLa5yFCF6Go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYAiv2EOsx8

Tell me more, who is the best Euro players and how good would they be in the NBA right now?
He will tell you that this guy :facepalm
http://www.nba.com/spurs/sites/spurs/files/imagecache/story_page_standard_image/spanoulis_070712.jpg

Grinder
05-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Looking more and more like he might be a future Cav.

chips93
05-21-2011, 05:33 AM
Looking more and more like he might be a future Cav.

irving and valanciunas would be a great foundation for the cavs. both smart humble, hard working players from what i can see.

ive always thought the two most important positions to be successful are a perimeter player who can get to the rim and create for others, and a big man who can defend the rim, defend the pick and roll, rebound and finish around the rim. from what i can see iring and jonas would fill these needs fairly well, neither is a star, but its a good start, and maybe we get a star in the 2012 draft.

Sakkreth
05-21-2011, 07:33 AM

He's there to make shame on our country sadly :facepalm

Nastradamus
05-21-2011, 10:51 PM

Much more Noah than Amare. More offensive potential than Noah, though he'll never be a back to the basket guy.

Grinder
07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
One of my favorite threads. :oldlol:

One year later, he's dominating the u19.

chips93
07-11-2011, 07:19 AM
still cant believe the cavs took thompson :banghead: