PDA

View Full Version : whos the better athlete, D Wade or Kobe ?

DatDudeD
07-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I think they are very comparable with d wade obviously being the smaller quicker player and kobe while not that far behind when he was in his athletic prime (02-03) season. Its almost a toss up to which one is the better athlete. what do you guys think?

I do realize that D wade is in the middle of his right now and has battled major injuries.

DC Zephyrs
07-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Wade is a great athlete, but I think Kobe has a better build for basketball.

dyna
07-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Wade

Latina Heat
07-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Wade's my favorite player and I think Wade is right now, but if ur gonna look at both of their primes then it's definitely Kobe

ImmortalD24
07-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Wade's athleticism impresses me more than a prime athlete Kobe did.. So I'm going with Wade.

DatDudeD
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Wade's athleticism impresses me more than a prime athlete Kobe did.. So I'm going with Wade.

The funny thing is other than wade being super quick his athleticism has never really made me say wow, he is obviously one of the most athletic players in the leauge, very long arms for his size , big hands and a very strong guy for being 6'4". I still think its [retty much a tie i think kobe is easily the better leaper in his prime and had better body control.

ashbelly
07-24-2010, 07:56 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: is ths even a question ?

LA_Showtime
07-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Wade obviously can jump higher, run faster, and is more explose than prime Kobe. However, Kobe has shown to be more durable. Therefore Kobe is the better athlete.

creepingdeath
07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Another Kobe comparison thread. :applause:

ashbelly
07-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Wade obviously can jump higher, run faster, and is more explose than prime Kobe. However, Kobe has shown to be more durable. Therefore Kobe is the better athlete.

he's not, If he attempted half of the things Wade does out there he wont play 30 games. Kobe stopped driving into the hoop and settles for the jumpshot so he doesn't expend too much energy.. Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe as an Athlete.

Samvt
07-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Wade is not smaller, he's just slightly shorter. He's stronger and faster. Has more ups as well. Much more explosive.

macpierce
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
kobe in his prime was a better leaper period..........not even up for discussion
wade however, is better at driving to the basket :violin:

Indian guy
07-24-2010, 08:43 PM
Wade obviously can jump higher

Maybe off 1 feet. Kobe's easily the better 2 footed leaper.

run faster

And quicker.

and is more explose than prime Kobe

Off the dribble, yes. Not off the ground though.

I'd call their athleticism a toss up. Wade has speed and quickness, Kobe's got leaping and body control.

cotdt
07-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Wade is more athletic today but is injury prone and shorter.

Human Error
07-24-2010, 09:06 PM
LOL at Kobe fans who think Kobe is better than everyone in every single aspect.

These are a few threads that I saw recently;

Is Kobe the best pure shooter ever?
Is Kobe a better post scorer than Hakeem Olajuwon?
Is Kobe the best defensive 2 guard ever?

What's next? Is Kobe a better passer than Magic/Stockton/Kidd?

SAKOTXA
07-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Wade is not smaller, he's just slightly shorter. He's stronger and faster. Has more ups as well. Much more explosive.
Kobe destroys Wade in the post.

Samvt
07-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Kobe destroys Wade in the post.
Thats because he is an older, more seasoned veteran. Higher BBall IQ & Way more post skills. Kobe is 5x more fundamentally advanced as wade. Post skills isn't about athleticism.

FormerSunsFan
07-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Depends on your definition of "athlete."

Thing is Wade is only 3 years younger Kobe and has been much more injury prone/has less threshold for pain. Who knows how much longer his prime "athletic" years really are.

SSSTRESSS
07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
I think they are very comparable with d wade obviously being the smaller quicker player and kobe while not that far behind when he was in his athletic prime (02-03) season. Its almost a toss up to which one is the better athlete. what do you guys think?

I do realize that D wade is in the middle of his right now and has battled major injuries.

Dwade better Athlete | Kobe better talent

SAKOTXA
07-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Thats because he is an older, more seasoned veteran. Higher BBall IQ & Way more post skills. Kobe is 5x more fundamentally advanced as wade. Post skills isn't about athleticism.
Yes, but strength has a lot to do with it. I am saying that Kobe is stronger than Wade...

Samvt
07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, but strength has a lot to do with it. I am saying that Kobe is stronger than Wade...
Kwame brown & darko are probably stronger than KG. Doesn't mean they're better athletes or post players. :facepalm

joyner82
07-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Overall athlete? Wade without question

Better basketball athlete? Prime Kobe

Courtside View
07-24-2010, 09:43 PM

Don't forget Kobe most clutch ever
Kobe best scorer ever
Kobe most skilled ever
Kobe most determination ever

And on and on..........

SAKOTXA
07-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Kwame brown & darko are probably stronger than KG. Doesn't mean they're better athletes or post players. :facepalm
Chuck Hayes is shorter than KG and Shaw, he still holds his ground against them, because of his strength... :facepalm

hawke812
07-24-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-3s90fR1ak

Kobe>Wade

macpierce
07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
kobe's a better dunker than wade no question about it when comparing athletic primes.
wade is better at driving and is quicker off the dribble:violin:

Samvt
07-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Chuck Hayes is shorter than KG and Shaw, he still holds his ground against them, because of his strength... :facepalm
but would you ever say chuck is a better athlete than KG. ? No you wouldn't, so i don't know what point you're trying to make.

Kobe the better post player =/= better athlete than wade
It also =/= being stronger.

RazorBaLade
07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
It's a shame how underrated Kobe's athletic prime is

DatDudeD
07-24-2010, 10:38 PM

It is a bit underrated on this board, during his prime i can say only vince and t mac were above him but they still lacked his body control and footwork. its still pretty close either way though with d wade being quicker off the dribble and kobe being the better jumper.

eliteballer
07-25-2010, 01:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGxX80NHuRs

john_d
07-25-2010, 01:21 AM
people forget kobe got to be an allstar without even starting on his team. he didn't do that by shooting fade aways..

in his younger days kobe usually teabagging somebody every other day.
afro kobe was a nasty dunker

Vragrant
07-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Don't forget Kobe most clutch ever
Kobe best scorer ever
Kobe most skilled ever
Kobe most determination ever

And on and on..........

Yeah its actually quite funny. The "most determination" ever and other intangible qualites that cant even be seen or measured that Bryant fans use to say he's the greatest, because hey....... he HAS to be the best at everything right? He's Kobe after all.

Oh and I cant believe someone actually posted a topic comparing Bryant and Hakeem's scoring in the post. That has to be a fake, but knowing his fans Im actually not surprised now that I think about it.

Lebron23
07-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Current Wade

But a young Kobe Bryant had a higher vertical leap than Prime Wade.

Mr. Jabbar
07-25-2010, 03:42 AM
"Oh damn"

- Dwayne Wade

Batz
07-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Give me prime Kobe really.

PurpleChuck
07-25-2010, 04:15 AM
Give me prime Wade really.

scm5
07-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Kobe's athleticism stems mostly from his body control. He was also a very good leaper in his prime. I don't know if he was a better leaper than Wade, he's taller and longer though, making it easier for him to dunk over people.

Wade is just flat out quicker in just about every aspect of the game. He's got more acceleration and is faster down the court than Kobe ever was.

They're probably equal in terms of athleticism, when speaking about prime to prime.

Kobe right now is nowhere near Wade athletically.

HighFlyer23
07-25-2010, 05:26 AM
'03 kobe maybe as good as wade ...

Andrei89
07-25-2010, 07:27 AM

You show me when Kobe will jump from 2 feet, standing still out of bounds and get a putback dunk over garnett and then i will say you were not out of your damn mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZ71ZJLOg8

check his block. He possibly the goat Sg blocker due to his blocking ability and vertical leap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU0li3UCqh8

eliteballer
07-25-2010, 07:58 AM
You show me when Kobe will jump from 2 feet, standing still out of bounds and get a putback dunk over garnett and then i will say you were not out of your damn mind

check his block. He possibly the goat Sg blocker due to his blocking ability and vertical leap

:facepalm

Wade has an above average vertical, but its nothing too special. Dude gets a lot of swats and has some good dunks because he has a huge wingspan for his size.

^Ya boy aint messin with that.

amfirst
07-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Kobe is more athletic in his younger days, but Wade is more athletic now.

Lets not forget on those videos of Kobe dunking on people when he was in his prime, especially that Dwight video. Wade can't do that....

The Choken One
07-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Kobe in his prime easily...but as of right now Wade.

Anyone denying this is a moron/troll.

boozehound
07-25-2010, 01:12 PM
what? I am also more durable than wade, so Im a better athlete? Wade is clearly more athletic (and OP, hes not really any "smaller", at all - just a thicker build).
Is he the better bball player? Probably not, but hes the better athlete.

Disaprine
07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
better athlete? i give it to wade by a small margin.

I don't even think some of these ISH people even knew kobe existed back then. :lol

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 07:52 AM
what? I am also more durable than wade, so Im a better athlete? Wade is clearly more athletic (and OP, hes not really any "smaller", at all - just a thicker build).
Is he the better bball player? Probably not, but hes the better athlete.

i wouldnt say he is "clearly" more athletic, yeah now he is but i was talking about kobes prime years like 00-03. I give wade the quickness edge but kobe was blowing by people also during his prime not as often as wade though. Kobe was Easily the better jumper, 1 foot, 2 foot , 360, windmill, in traffic, alley oop the variety of his dunks are only matched by guys like MJ, vince and a few others. Also Kobes body control is on a another level which kinda evens out wades quickness advantage, no knock on wade though the boy is a BEAST.

whatever666
08-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Lets just say the younger Kobe had just a tad bit higher vertical, but speed / quickness / agility and so on should belong to Wade. Today Kobe has no athletic advantages over Wade.

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 08:00 AM

compare wades 2 handed reverse to kobes by the way this isnt even in his PRIME. waaay More exsplosive, more hangtime, and he only took 3 steps. that is a 29 yr old kobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtKnRwECYXM

Bcogswell
08-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Wade is more athletic than Kobe. Hes stronger, quicker, faster, more explosive, and he can jump higher.

KenneBell
08-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Wade is more athletic than Kobe. Hes stronger, quicker, faster, more explosive, and he can jump higher.
Stronger? I doubt it.

In their primes, I think Kobe holds the advantage. Right now Kobe is on the downswing athletically so everything else Wade will have the advantage in.

LBJ 23
08-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Offtopic question...

What do you guys think, can Wade do between the legs dunk?

G-Funk
08-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Wade is nothing to sneeze at but I gotta take pirme Kobe. basketball fans just have very short memories.

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 11:23 AM

If we are talking about prime you fail big time little man with short memory.

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 11:24 AM

LOL next time dont post EVER

PS ur a Wade fanboy

Pointguard
08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Its hard to measure - I have them pretty much even. I think Kobe worked on strength and reverses to the point that he was able to contort more and not get hurt. I think Wade goes to the basket with more fearless abandon so he seems more spectacular but he gets hurt more. Wade is quicker and flashier but Kobe stronger and more efficient. Half a dozen of one and six of another... .

branslowski
08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Prime Kobe shits on Wade in everything.

Im pretty sure Wade ant get his balls on Dwights head..:lol

But right now...Wade.

tpols
08-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Prime kobe was stronger, longer, faster (don't confuse this with quicks), more agile, could jump higher, and had better body control.

The only thing prime wade has over prime kobe is his first step and quicks (ability to change pace while dribbling).

SinJackal
08-23-2010, 12:12 PM
Wade right now since he still has his young body.

Prime Kobe vs prime Wade is a better comparison. Kobe definitely had a better vert than Wade. I don't think Kobe has been more explosive as Wade though. Wade bulls in, draws a lot of contact and goes a lot harder to the rim than Kobe did. Not to say Kobe didn't have explosiveness of course. It's pretty close, but I don't agree that Kobe's stronger than Wade. Kobe's always been pretty skinny until fairly recently, like past 2-3 years, when he already wasn't as athletic as he used to be.

That said, prime Kobe was obviously more skilled than current Wade offensively. So better athlete or not, most people are gonna take Kobe over Wade anyway.

Prime kobe was stronger, longer, faster (don't confuse this with quicks), more agile, could jump higher, and had better body control.

The only thing prime wade has over prime kobe is his first step and quicks (ability to change pace while dribbling).

You realize, you're saying Kobe has more agility, but then saying the only thing prime Wade has over Kobe is his agility, right?

:lol

G-Funk
08-23-2010, 12:36 PM

but I don't agree that Kobe's stronger than Wade. Kobe's always been pretty skinny until fairly recently, like past 2-3 years, when he already wasn't as athletic as he used to be.

I agree with ur opinion but this. Kobe came into this league as a very skinny kid, in 04 he worked hard to gain muscle mass, he was like 220 and gained 6 or 7 pounds of muscle. And in 07 before playing for Team USA he lost almost 20 lbs. And now he's at he's lightest. He is at 205 lbs. now to get his quickness back and his vertical.

SinJackal
08-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I agree with ur opinion but this. Kobe came into this league as a very skinny kid, in 04 he worked hard to gain muscle mass I think he was like 220 and gained 6 or 7 pounds of muscle. In 07 before playing for Team USA he lost almost 20 lbs. And now he's at he's lightest. He is at 205 lbs. now to get his quickness back and his vertical.

He didn't lose 20 lbs of muscle though. . .that was fat.

He did work to gain muscle in '04 though, I do actually remember that, so good point on the time frame there.

G-Funk
08-23-2010, 12:49 PM
He didn't lose 20 lbs of muscle though. . .that was fat.

He did work to gain muscle in '04 though, I do actually remember that, so good point on the time frame there.

Kobe Bryant has been around 8-10% body fat each year of his career. WAde is like at 6.7%

BTW Wade's vertical leap is at 36'' Kobe's is 38''

SEEBASS1234
08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
The one that played with shaq

SinJackal
08-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Kobe Bryant has been around 8-10% body fat each year of his career.

So how did he lose 20 lbs then? Did he lay in bed for 2 years straight so his muscles atrophied that much? -_-

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 01:06 PM

Prime Kobe vs prime Wade is a better comparison. Kobe definitely had a better vert than Wade. I don't think Kobe has been more explosive as Wade though. Wade bulls in, draws a lot of contact and goes a lot harder to the rim than Kobe did. Not to say Kobe didn't have explosiveness of course. It's pretty close, but I don't agree that Kobe's stronger than Wade. Kobe's always been pretty skinny until fairly recently, like past 2-3 years, when he already wasn't as athletic as he used to be.

That said, prime Kobe was obviously more skilled than current Wade offensively. So better athlete or not, most people are gonna take Kobe over Wade anyway.

You realize, you're saying Kobe has more agility, but then saying the only thing prime Wade has over Kobe is his agility, right?

:lol

Why do people never get their facts straight? 04-06 Kobe was 225 get ur shiit straight before u talk none sense about Kobe not being stronger.

Only thing Wade has on Kobe is Quickness and Speed

Go read some SLAM and do ur hw before u type some bs

SinJackal
08-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Why do people never get their facts straight? 04-06 Kobe was 225 get ur shiit straight before u talk none sense about Kobe not being stronger.

Only thing Wade has on Kobe is Quickness and Speed

Go read some SLAM and do ur hw before u type some bs

Sorry but gaining Kobe gaining 15 lbs of fat since his rookie year doesn't mean he got stronger, when he's barely over 200 lbs now, NOT 225, slightly over what he was his rookie season, because he lost almost 20 lbs of fat in '07. Do YOUR homework kid.

I don't need to read a magazine to know losing 20 lbs doesn't mean he gained muscle. He lost fat weight, period. Also, being 215-220 at 6'6" isn't exactly big framed either. It's average size at best for his height. Compared to other athletes, it's fairly small considering 15 lbs of that was obviously fat.

The guy has a small frame.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oEwhnsPjdW8/TBd6nLekSLI/AAAAAAAACbc/u6_9NUXJHMg/s400/kobe+bryant+jordan+jersey.jpg

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Sorry but gaining Kobe gaining 15 lbs of fat since his rookie year doesn't mean he got stronger, when he's barely over 200 lbs now, NOT 225, slightly over what he was his rookie season, because he lost almost 20 lbs of fat in '07. Do YOUR homework kid.

I don't need to read a magazine to know losing 20 lbs doesn't mean he gained muscle. He lost fat weight, period. Also, being 215-220 at 6'6" isn't exactly big framed either. It's average size at best for his height. Compared to other athletes, it's fairly small considering 15 lbs of that was obviously fat.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oEwhnsPjdW8/TBd6nLekSLI/AAAAAAAACbc/u6_9NUXJHMg/s400/kobe+bryant+jordan+jersey.jpg

U Fail again KID.
03 Kobe put on 20-25 pounds of muscles and we are talking about Prime.
Kobe got a small frame. :facepalm How many times you going to fail today?
How many SG is bigger then Kobe in the league.

I can tell you dont read magazines... In that matter you dont read period cause you dont know wtf ur talking about.

This is the same guy who said TP makes more money then Henry :facepalm

On the real side I feel bad for you

macpierce
08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
when kobe was younger, it's kobe without question, he jumped higher and was just as fast.......nowadays it would be wade who is younger

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
wade is definitely strong, but i read somewhere that kobe is very strong also, kinda like who physically has around the same body type as kobe but they each have a lot of LEAN muscle so the way they look can be deceiving. D wade has a bigger frame but that doesnt equate to greater stregnth in this case.

Andrei89
08-23-2010, 02:09 PM
when kobe was younger, it's kobe without question, he jumped higher and was just as fast.......nowadays it would be wade who is younger

I would give Wade the edge cuz of the higher jumping but Kobe was athletic in his prime aswell.

G-Funk
08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
So how did he lose 20 lbs then? Did he lay in bed for 2 years straight so his muscles atrophied that much? -_-

no no!he lost them in 2 months, he just lifted more weights. He wanted to be slimmer and faster and in order to be faster he went on a lean diet, which means he had to eliminate junk foods such as, pizza, hamburgers, candies, fruit juices, cheesy foods, etc... and ate lean foods such as, lean chicken breast, fish, fruits, veggies, water. this type of diet is less fattening.

Eliminating fats/carbs from your diet means your body is losing a lot of muscle mass...so kobe had to make it up by lifting weights...lifting weights help him maintain/develop his muscles and also with his definition....If he diet and didn't lift weight he would be skinny, but very flabby.

this is common sense...

during the 06-07 season I say, Kobe was like 227 lbs....when he played for TEam USA in 07 i think he was more like 200-205 lbs, which was his weight during the 1999-00 season.

KenneBell
08-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I don't know how that 20 pounds he lost was fat. Kobe isn't the type to around on his ass and just gain weight during the offseason.

He usually changed his weight according to his role that next season. He bulked up in '03. Lost a lot of weight in '04 during the trial. Came back in '05 and he was probably the heaviest he's ever been. '06 and '07 he hovered around 220 and has been around 205 since.

Younggrease
08-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I don't know how that 20 pounds he lost was fat. Kobe isn't the type to around on his ass and just gain weight during the offseason.

He usually changed his weight according to his role that next season. He bulked up in '03. Lost a lot of weight in '04 during the trial. Came back in '05 and he was probably the heaviest he's ever been. '06 and '07 he hovered around 220 and has been around 205 since.

what is the average amount of body fat for elite athletes?

SinJackal
08-23-2010, 02:40 PM
U Fail again KID.

I can tell you dont read magazines... In that matter you dont read period cause you dont know wtf ur talking about.

So you're saying Kobe lost 20 lbs of muscle in '07? :facepalm

Also, I said TP made more money than Henry based on their contracts, not endorsements as well. You don't need to log onto a troll account to keep trolling about it tpols.

As for how many SGs are bigger than Kobe, were you seriously asking? Because a lot are. Kobe is 6'6", 205. Which means: Wade, Ginobili, Carter, Johnson, Roy, Redd, etc. . .

Ray Allen and Andre Iguodala are about the same size. Which means of all the "good" SGs in the league, only Rip Hamilton and Kevin Martin are smaller than Kobe.

Good job falling flat on your face.

You'd be surprised. For bigger guys, they can be 200-220 and you could barely tell the difference between the two weights.

For someone smaller, such as maybe, 5'7", 140 lbs or so, 15 lbs is going to be very noticeable. But for a 6'6" 200+ guy, 15 lbs isn't gonna be noticeable at all.

KenneBell
08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Beats me. :oldlol:

These guys have all sorts of nutritionists and trainers watching them, especially the elite ones. I'm pretty much sure they know how to get athletes where they need to be weight and strength wise.

KenneBell
08-23-2010, 02:44 PM
You'd be surprised. For bigger guys, they can be 200-220 and you could barely tell the difference between the two weights.

When it comes to players you watch for years you can tell.

Ask Loki if he couldn't tell the difference between Jordan at 195 and Jordan at 220.

G-Funk
08-23-2010, 02:49 PM

5-12%. The least an athlete can possibly have is 5%. Even if you have 10% of body fat There's no possible way you lose 3% fat and say you lost 20lbs of pure fat.

SinJackal
08-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Ask Loki if he couldn't tell the difference between Jordan at 195 and Jordan at 220.

That was a bigger weight difference though. I couldn't tell there was much of a weight diff between '06 and '07 Kobe, when he lost 19 lbs over the offseason. His jersey and shorts cover the parts of the body where fat is stored the most, so it's difficult to tell if a player's weight is actually fluctuating when fat loss is involved. It's not like his cheeks and arms are going to look fat if he gains 10 lbs. . .it'll be mostly on his torso, which is covered up. :P That's all I'm sayin'.

Bring-Your-Js
08-23-2010, 02:54 PM

Loki could tell you how big Jordan was flacid during any particular game from 84-98, he's on it. :applause:

Ikill
08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Wade, kobe jumps a bit higher than wade but the better overall athlete is wade. Wade is stronger way faster and quicker actually wade might be fastest player in the NBA. From wades draft number he is faster than John wall Chris paul tj ford and derrick rose the only players that i found who were faster than wade were sonny weems and Nate Robinson. http://www.draftexpress.com. Wade has 6.7 body fat percentage and is about 220-230 at 6'5. Kobe has a 8-10% body and about 200. Wade is more explosive and powerful on his dunks but kobe can do more creative dunks.

Noob Saibot
08-23-2010, 03:34 PM
BTW Wade's vertical leap is at 36'' Kobe's is 38''

^ i think this is about right when comparing the jumps between Wade and Kobe. though Wade might be at 38" inches too, just saying. Kobe's jumps better off two feet while Wade can jump high off 1 or 2 feet.

Prime Kobe has good body control, and had decent strength. he weighed over 220lbs in his prime before he lost weight now at 205lbs.

I still give the edge to Wade mainly because of his agility is well above the average basketball player.

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 03:44 PM
So you're saying Kobe lost 20 lbs of muscle in '07? :facepalm

Also, I said TP made more money than Henry based on their contracts, not endorsements as well. You don't need to log onto a troll account to keep trolling about it tpols.

As for how many SGs are bigger than Kobe, were you seriously asking? Because a lot are. Kobe is 6'6", 205. Which means: Wade, Ginobili, Carter, Johnson, Roy, Redd, etc. . .

Ray Allen and Andre Iguodala are about the same size. Which means of all the "good" SGs in the league, only Rip Hamilton and Kevin Martin are smaller than Kobe.

Good job falling flat on your face.

For someone smaller, such as maybe, 5'7", 140 lbs or so, 15 lbs is going to be very noticeable. But for a 6'6" 200+ guy, 15 lbs isn't gonna be noticeable at all.

Again u FAIL. How many times do you want to get owned today?

I never once said anything about 07 Kobe losing weight. Please learn how to read before you make a come back. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE TALKING ABOUT PRIME not PRACTICE PRIME.

LOL Go read urself on that topic you just got owned left and right and u just dipped out of that topic.

Yes Im fuking serious you dumb little boy. LOL Redd, Ginobili, Carter , Roy , Wade aint bigger then Kobe you dumb ***. Go check ur eyes and who are the "ETC" Ray is not even close to being big as Kobe DURING PRIME ONCE AGAIN. U said IGGY :facepalm He plays SF u dumb asss

Only thing Im surprise is how dumb can someone be in one day without knowing anything and thinks she does.

On the serious note go watch some DBZ and jack off to Vegeta doing SS3 because thats the only thing u know how to do right

The_Yearning
08-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Damn and he's still the best. Which 2 guard can stop this man in the post? Which 3 man can stop this guy in the post?

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 04:00 PM
How are you guys going to say Wade is stronger when you can find videos of Kobe posting up on Wade and backing him down with ease.

Also, go find that video of Lebron covering Kobe in the post and you can clearly see how strong Kobe is. Again, backs down Lebron.

eliteballer
08-23-2010, 04:03 PM

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 04:04 PM

I don't remember any other superstar in NBA history who has a top 200 dunk video.

Swine Fluness!

:bowdown:

mayo'sgrizz
08-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Wade NOW
Kobe OVERALL

The_Yearning
08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I don't remember any other superstar in NBA history who has a top 200 dunk video.

Swine Fluness!

Okay that was just a flat out dumb statement.

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 04:07 PM

Swine Fluness!

LOL You really love Kobe

that clip is 10mins long and you reply within a min LOL

Batz
08-23-2010, 04:08 PM

Swine Fluness!

Jordan 500:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0367NfCZqB8

Lebron 200:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUvkOxFobDU

awh shnap.

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 04:09 PM
LOL You really love Kobe

that clip is 10mins long and you reply within a min LOL

I've already seen it.

Think before you comment.

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 04:10 PM
I've already seen it.

Think before you comment.

I did and Im right you do Love Kobe

with that gay asss comment

Noob Saibot
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOro5eqC3UY

after watching both Wade & Kobe 100 or 200 dunks mix. Gotta give the dunking edge to Kobe, his length and body control give him a little more style to work with. Wade's more of a power dunker anyways, but he is still the only other NBA player other than Vince Carter to pull of an alley-oop windmill in a game, very difficult dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87JWB76zDU

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Thanks guys for the positive reps. I am just an unbias fan and I will continue to try and defend Kobe. I hate defending a guy that I hate.

Repped back.

ShaqAttack3234
08-23-2010, 05:49 PM
I think Kobe was more athletic. I hate when people say Kobe was only an average athlete. That couldn't be farther from the truth. His conditioning is also extremely impressive. He's very lean, but still strong which has probably helped his longevity. I know he put on muscle several times and lost weight to become quicker and put less stress on his knees. Kobe had an impressive vertical as well. Wade does too, but I think Kobe could jump higher and was stronger pound for pound while Wade was quicker.

As far as these debates about his weight. His frame is clearly smaller than Wade's. I just looked it up and apparently these were his weights entering the seasons.

2002-2003- 225
2003-2004 205
2004-2005 230
2005-2006 214
2007-2008 200(claimed he was this weight over the summer when he was playing for team USA, down from apparently 219 to end 2006-2007)

He still had his explosiveness when he was bigger. I know he bulked up a couple of times, but lost weight several times to become quicker and put less stress on his knees.

RaceBannana
08-23-2010, 06:00 PM
right now... Wade.

now if we are comparing prime Kobe vs prime Wade..... its a lot closer..... but i think prime Wade has the edge.

Mor'Fiyah
08-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Hmmm... I think people are forgetting that athleticism includes a number of different factors. Its not just who runs the fastest and jumps the highest. Comparing prime Kobe with prime Wade in terms of athleticism you have to look at quickness/speed (there is a difference), strength, jumping, ENDURANCE, agility, reflexes.

I think its very close between Kobe and Wade with both players excelling in all categories and outdoing each other in their respective areas of strength. And then some categories like agility come down to questions like "what type of agility?"

magnax1
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Easily Wade. Kobe isn't that great of an athlete, above average, but nothing like the very top tier guys. Wade however, is faster, longer, and stronger. Probably has bigger hands too since Kobe has pretty small hands for a BBall player.
One category Kobe wins in is his ability to just flex around in weird ways under the basket, and around other players. Not so much he was an amazing finisher, but hes just moved in ways you wouldn't expect a person to move.

hito da god
08-23-2010, 06:36 PM
kobe gets the nod in terms of leaping ability but wade beats him when it comes to quickness/explosiveness and strength. that's the long and short of it.

Yung D-Will
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM

Push TehFuxstix

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Easily Wade. Kobe isn't that great of an athlete, above average, but nothing like the very top tier guys. Wade however, is faster, longer, and stronger. Probably has bigger hands too since Kobe has pretty small hands for a BBall player.
One category Kobe wins in is his ability to just flex around in weird ways under the basket, and around other players. Not so much he was an amazing finisher, but hes just moved in ways you wouldn't expect a person to move.

During his prime i would put only vince and t mac as clear cut more athletic than him. At the very least its close between the 2 with wade being longer and quicker i think they are both very strong. kobe has better body control and could jump higher. yeah kobe does have pretty small hands though he even said that himself. I dont know what your definition of amazing is but if kobe isnt a amazing finisher i dont know who is..:confusedshrug:

magnax1
08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
During his prime i would put only vince and t mac as clear cut more athletic than him. At the very least its close between the 2 with wade being longer and quicker i think they are both very strong. kobe has better body control and could jump higher. yeah kobe does have pretty small hands though he even said that himself. I dont know what your definition of amazing is but if kobe isnt a amazing finisher i dont know who is..:confusedshrug:
Wade's Vert was 36 and Kobe's was 32 (Out of high school and College)

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM

how are you guys figuring that wade is stronger than kobe, only because he looks like it...:confusedshrug: . its not weight lifting its basketball and i have seen kobe easily back wade down in the post and it didnt look like he was having a hard time. I dont know but at the very least the are close in strength.

RaceBannana
08-23-2010, 06:54 PM

yup, but Wade was 21 and Kobe was 18..... Wade had more of a man body.

magnax1
Wade is stronger, because when I watch, he is a stronger player. Simple as that. Its not close either. Kobe is pretty strong, but Wade, DWill and Lebron are by far the strongest at their positions.
And, yeah I know that Kobe's vert would be a bit higher, but I don't think it'd be more then the 36 Wade had.

DatDudeD

thats nice kobe was 17 and dwade was what like 21, there is a difference i am sure by 21 his vert was visibly higher than that.

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Wade is stronger, because when I watch, he is a stronger player. Simple as that. Its not close either. Kobe is pretty strong, but Wade, DWill and Lebron are by far the strongest at their positions.
And, yeah I know that Kobe's vert would be a bit higher, but I don't think it'd be more then the 36 Wade had.

we must be talking about different types of strength then, i am not seeing it i have seen them play against each other many times and in no way has d wade looked EASILY stronger. would you say d wade was stronger than MJ ??

magnax1
08-23-2010, 07:02 PM
we must be talking about different types of strength then, i am not seeing it i have seen them play against each other many times and in no way has d wade looked EASILY stronger. would you say d wade was stronger than MJ ??
I wouldn't say MJ was that strong. 96 MJ when he seemed a bit stronger was probably equal to Kobe most years, and quite a bit weaker then Wade. Wade pushes around more guys when he gets inside, Kobe and MJ were more finesse. Especially MJ.

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't say MJ was that strong. 96 MJ when he seemed a bit stronger was probably equal to Kobe most years, and quite a bit weaker then Wade. Wade pushes around more guys when he gets inside, Kobe and MJ were more finesse. Especially MJ.
:oldlol:..... yes they were finesse but honestly MJ and Kobe developed a POST game which requires you to be strong, they are routinely backing guys down that are bigger than them, i dont see d wade doing that. Dont get me wrong d wade is strong but i wouldnt say he is EASILY stronger than kobe and sure not MJ.

ShaqAttack3234
08-23-2010, 07:12 PM

When did Kobe have his vert measured? I call BS on that 32 number.

magnax1
08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
I can't find it, but I specifically remember the #. I've been looking forever, and all I can find is a bunch of BS 40+ vert #'s on forums with no source. I can find Wade's on draft express though.

Ikill
08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
:oldlol:..... yes they were finesse but honestly MJ and Kobe developed a POST game which requires you to be strong, they are routinely backing guys down that are bigger than them, i dont see d wade doing that. Dont get me wrong d wade is strong but i wouldnt say he is EASILY stronger than kobe and sure not MJ.
Wade doesn't need to post people up because he is so fast and quick i would think wade is stronger by just looking at him he just looks so much stronger than kobe. And wade weighs 20 to 30 more pounds while having a lower body fat %.

ShaqAttack3234
08-23-2010, 07:28 PM
I can't find it, but I specifically remember the #. I've been looking forever, and all I can find is a bunch of BS 40+ vert #'s on forums with no source. I can find Wade's on draft express though.

I've read that Kobe didn't attend the pre-draft camp.

eliteballer
08-23-2010, 07:31 PM
after watching both Wade & Kobe 100 or 200 dunks mix. Gotta give the dunking edge to Kobe, his length and body control give him a little more style to work with. Wade's more of a power dunker anyways, but he is still the only other NBA player other than Vince Carter to pull of an alley-oop windmill in a game, very difficult dunk.

Plenty of players can do windimill alleys, in that rookie video shoot dunk contest vid people were doing it.

Aslo you guys, there are no reliable measurements for verts going back to when Kobe came in the league. Even if there was, his would have been measured when he was 17, he turned 18 the august right before his rookie year. Didnt reach his prime leaping till years later. Anyone with a clue can watch that video and see his vert is at least 40. Wade on the other hand, has huge hands a big wingspan, hes not a spectacular leaper by any stretch of the imagination

magnax1
08-23-2010, 07:32 PM
I've read that Kobe didn't attend the pre-draft camp.
Maybe, I don't know, but I remember reading his vert was 32. I could be wrong since I can't find it.

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Wade doesn't need to post people up because he is so fast and quick i would think wade is stronger by just looking at him he just looks so much stronger than kobe. And wade weighs 20 to 30 more pounds while having a lower body fat %.

i agree wade utilizes his quickness more but i was using that as more of a measurement of how strong they are. looks can be deceiving i said he does have a bigger frame than kobe but that doesnt equate to him being stronger. He might be stronger but in no way is he EASILY stronger, unless one of you guys saw kobe and d wade life weights together...:confusedshrug:

eliteballer
08-23-2010, 07:35 PM

You're gonna watch that and tell me he has a lower vertical than Mayo. OK:lol

New York Knicks
08-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Plenty of players can do windimill alleys, in that rookie video shoot dunk contest vid people were doing it.

Aslo you guys, there are no reliable measurements for verts going back to when Kobe came in the league. Even if there was, his would have been measured when he was 17, he turned 18 the august right before his rookie year. Didnt reach his prime leaping till years later. Anyone with a clue can watch that video and see his vert is at least 40. Wade on the other hand, has huge hands a big wingspan, hes not a spectacular leaper by any stretch of the imagination
Kobe's max vertical was 37-38 at best.

DatDudeD
08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
Kobe's max vertical was 37-38 at best.

that sounds about right, answer this question would you say D wade is stronger than MJ ?

Monkey D Dragon
08-23-2010, 10:26 PM

Its Def a bs number he made up

Kobes vert = 38 that kid just hates Kobe and trying to make his side sound better which is riding Dwades nuts.

MJ and Kobe not strong LOL

Papaya Petee
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Did people actually say Kobe?

Prime Wade>>>>>>>>Prime kobe

macpierce
08-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Did people actually say Kobe?

Prime Wade>>>>>>>>Prime kobe
kobe is a better dunker and he jumps higher, thats a fact
wade is faster with the ball dribbling however with splitting the screen

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 11:29 PM
The sad thing is that this site is full of kids who don't remember or never saw young Kobe play.

I started many threads in the past of Kobe's Greatest Games and a lot of people were amazed and shock how good he is.

This is like the kids that never saw MJ play.

New York Knicks
08-23-2010, 11:30 PM
The sad thing is that this site is full of kids who don't remember or never saw young Kobe play.

I started many threads in the past of Kobe's Greatest Games and a lot of people were amazed and shock how good he is.

LOL. As if you have to be that young to see Kobe play. You think being 20-years old is old? GTFO kid, you're probably in your teens.

Batz
08-23-2010, 11:31 PM
It was actually more like a 38" inch vertical.

Like yourself?

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
LOL. As if you have to be that young to see Kobe play. You think being 20-years old is old? GTFO kid, you're probably in your teens.

I believe this is the first time that I have ever name-called someone on here....you are an idiot.

Did I say 20 years old is old? I said these kids are too young to remember and since you brought it up dummy.....

So the 20 year old now, in 01-03....was the age of 11 through 13?

Yes, they were too young to remember.

TheLogo
08-23-2010, 11:35 PM
It was actually more like a 38" inch vertical.

Like yourself?

I've probably forgotten more MJ games than you have watched.

Batz
08-23-2010, 11:39 PM
I've probably forgotten more MJ games than you have watched.

Doubt it. Mainly because you act like a young person and were born after MJ's second retirement.

But I agree with you on something. People forget how much of an athlete Kobe was.

plowking
08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Overall at their peaks I think it was Kobe. Had a 37-38 inch vertical, nice speed and was explosive off the ground.

Wade has always been stronger and quicker, though not quite as explosive off the ground.

Wade is seriously one of the strongest two guards I've seen in a while along with the likes of Maggette. Dude is built solid. I mean he's 6'4 and plays at what, nearly 230lbs?

Lakas Fan Yo
08-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Wade.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-24-2010, 12:49 AM
U Fail again KID.

Dude, Kobe is the best player in the NBA. But seriously....get real. 6-6 205......the guy is an absolute toothpick.

nek1477
08-24-2010, 01:03 AM

i completely agree, i was 15 when kobe entered the league, he made me a fan since 01' i watched his prime, guys that saw him play would always be like "did you see what kobe did lastnight" and we would always hoop and try to do what he did, i miss those days. I never took kobes greatness for granted :bowdown: i appreciated it

AirTupac
08-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Dude, Kobe is the best player in the NBA. But seriously....get real. 6-6 205......the guy is an absolute toothpick.

Kobe's height is actually questionable. Some sources say his wife measured him and he stood at 6'4. I forgot where i read that from but have you seen Kobe stand next to Dwyane Wade? I'm pretty sure I read it in a recent basketball magazine in where a reporter was about to do an interview with Kobe and the interviewer was shocked because he thought Kobe was a lot taller and Kobe admitted that he is not actually 6'6.

Lurker out! :D

knightfall88
08-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Kobe's height is actually questionable. Some sources say his wife measured him and he stood at 6'4. I forgot where i read that from but have you seen Kobe stand next to Dwyane Wade? I'm pretty sure I read it in a recent basketball magazine in where a reporter was about to do an interview with Kobe and the interviewer was shocked because he thought Kobe was a lot taller and Kobe admitted that he is not actually 6'6.

Lurker out! :D

kobe is 6'4 barefoot.

In NBA they measure with shoes.

VeeCee15
08-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Kobe does not have a 38 inch vert.

More like 34-35 inch TOPS. at his absolute prime.

KenneBell
08-24-2010, 11:33 AM

Nope. We went through this in another thread. He caught an alley vs Denver where multiple posters on here agreed that he was around 38" at the top of his jump. And that was in '08.

He could probably get up a little higher around '02 or '03.

I'm still not seeing the Wade is stronger argument especially after watching Kobe guard and post up guys like Artest, LeBron, and Melo who are all a good 40-50 pounds above his weight.

AirTupac
08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
kobe is 6'4 barefoot.

I'm aware but people should take in account that the shoes may add height but it doesn't add weight to the player ;)

Monkey D Dragon
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM

Stop hating little boy get ur facts straight.

Yes VC can jump higher then Kobe

You happy now fanboy

Monkey D Dragon
08-24-2010, 02:45 PM

Okay ~ Kobe during 03-05 Season was not a toothpick u little prick.

You name me 10 SG in the league during those time that was bigger then Kobe then we can call him a Toothpick or whatever floots ur gay asss homo boat.

ShaqAttack3234
08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Nope. We went through this in another thread. He caught an alley vs Denver where multiple posters on here agreed that he was around 38" at the top of his jump. And that was in '08.

He could probably get up a little higher around '02 or '03.

I'm still not seeing the Wade is stronger argument especially after watching Kobe guard and post up guys like Artest, LeBron, and Melo who are all a good 40-50 pounds above his weight.

Correct, at Kobe's height, he'd need a 42 inch vertical to get his head at rim level, while he hasn't quite got there, he's easily been within 4 inches before.

T-Mac had a 40 inch vertical, he's taller than Kobe and he never got that much higher.

Also correct about strength. People see Kobe and he's a lot thinner than Lebron, Wade, Melo ect. and they assume that means he's not strong, but I'm sure he has very little body fat, easily less than any of the other guys you mentioned and he takes conditioning as serious as anyone in the NBA.

Monkey D Dragon
08-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Correct, at Kobe's height, he'd need a 42 inch vertical to get his head at rim level, while he hasn't quite got there, he's easily been within 4 inches before.

T-Mac had a 40 inch vertical, he's taller than Kobe and he never got that much higher.

Also correct about strength. People see Kobe and he's a lot thinner than Lebron, Wade, Melo ect. and they assume that means he's not strong, but I'm sure he has very little body fat, easily less than any of the other guys you mentioned and he takes conditioning as serious as anyone in the NBA.

There ya go hating nerds and also Kobe has real good lower body strengths which he can back you down on the post just like he does to all dam white girls he be banging

tpols
08-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I've heard kobe has 8-10% body fat Lebron and wade have around 6%
kobe's strength is underestimated. Strength is not only about pure size. It incorporates a lot of body control and emotion. When you get mad and focused you'll be pushing people around a lot harder. Kobe would have wade walking around with lipstick on if they were cellmates.

crisoner
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Again these threads are full of crap...everyone has some sort of bias just turns in to BS.

lefthook00
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
First of all, let me clear this up: MJ had LEGENDARY strength(along with the stamina to keep that strength throughout the whole game. Along with his tensile, wirey frame, he tried his hardest more often than not. He was like a pitbull, once he grabs the ball, you may be able to swing him around b/c you weigh more, but you're not ripping the ball from him.

Now on to prime Kobe vs. prime Wade:

Speed: Wash. Wade may be faster end to end, but Kobe can sustain a very high speed for longer(assumption, b/c of his conditioning). Actually you could give this to Wade b/c he is faster at 100%.

Quicks: Obviously Wade. Prime Kobe was very quick(esp. laterally with his crossover), but Wade is on a historic level in terms of slashing.

Hops: Kobe. Both have some great posters, but Kobe is taller. Kobe could also dunk MUCH more easily without a running start.

Strength: Wash. Kobe has a pretty good reputation for being very strong/feisty, I haven't heard that about Wade as much. I know it has a lot to do with skills/footwork/positioning, but in the post Kobe backs Wade down EASILY without any special pivoting/spinning/angles. I'm talking about straight up pounding him backwards. Wade could never do that to Kobe. But I bet Wade can lift more in the gym though(except maybe squats).

Stamina: Obviously Kobe. He just works too hard. Plus all of those legendary scoring nights, overtime games, and playoff series'.

So, removing the washes, I score it 2-1 in slight favor of Kobe.

New York Knicks
08-24-2010, 06:45 PM

I think maybe that's his vertical WITH the ball. Because he has such small hands, it's probably harder for him to get up to his max with the ball. But I saw him jump to block a shot and his head was only a few inches from the rim so 37-38 is pretty accurate.

Allstar24
08-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I've heard kobe has 8-10% body fat Lebron and wade have around 6%Where did you hear this? I know for a fact that this is a lie.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm aware but people should take in account that the shoes may add height but it doesn't add weight to the player ;)

I looked and Kobe was measured 6-4 3/4 by his wife barefoot and his mug shot showed him at 6-4 1/2 (probably was not standing up all the way) and also time of day....

You can vary in height by time of day. So 6-4 to 6-5 for Kobe barefoot, with 6-4 being the absolute shortest...........

205 pounds and that's probably in clothes and shoes as that's how NBA lists weight...........

so 6-4 or 6-5 and 200-205.............

That's not exactly buff. That's actually pretty skinny.

AirTupac
08-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I looked and Kobe was measured 6-4 3/4 by his wife barefoot and his mug shot showed him at 6-4 1/2 (probably was not standing up all the way) and also time of day....

You can vary in height by time of day. So 6-4 to 6-5 for Kobe barefoot, with 6-4 being the absolute shortest...........

205 pounds and that's probably in clothes and shoes as that's how NBA lists weight...........

so 6-4 or 6-5 and 200-205.............

That's not exactly buff. That's actually pretty skinny.

Well he's neither a toothpick or a roid rager but Kobe does his thing and it obviously works so i don't pay much attention to it :D

Ikill
06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Wade

Dwade305
06-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Wade
04-06 and 2nd half of 09, is Wade in tip top athleic prime, and Kobe falls short of coming close to that.

eliteballer
06-28-2011, 04:20 PM

Ikill
06-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Kobe had more acrobatic dunks but Wade's dunks a lot more powerful/explosive

Jacks3
06-28-2011, 08:11 PM
03 Kobe was more athletic than any version of Wade. Wade fans are delusional.

Only thing Wade has on him is quickness, but Kobe has a better first step, is faster end-to-end, is stronger, better body control, better hops, better body control and better stamina.

Ikill
06-28-2011, 09:14 PM

Only thing Wade has on him is quickness, but Kobe has a better first step, is faster end-to-end, is stronger, better body control, better hops, better body control and better stamina.
really faster end to end :lol Everything Wade does looks so smooth and explosive everything looks difficult for Kobe

bizil
06-28-2011, 09:23 PM

And quicker.

Off the dribble, yes. Not off the ground though.

I'd call their athleticism a toss up. Wade has speed and quickness, Kobe's got leaping and body control.

Bingo! Kobe to me was always more of a two foot dunker while Wade is better off one foot. Even though both guys can bring it either way. But the Mamba was always more of a two foot guys for me. But Wade's first step is more similar to a young MJ than Kobe's. And Kobe's dunk where he takes off vertically from one side of the rim and does a quick windmill on the other side is NASTY!

Jacks3
06-28-2011, 09:25 PM
really faster end to end :lol Everything Wade does looks so smooth and explosive everything looks difficult for Kobe
Difficult? Kobe, along with T-Mac and Jordan,made the game look easier than anybody in history. Wade is the guy who often looks clunky and not very graceful. :facepalm

Chrono90
06-28-2011, 09:41 PM

Were you not born when Kobe was in his prime??

Ikill
06-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Kobe 03:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwsUZztJuhw
top 10- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qf8heZGkog

Wade 06:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDdlEFMIA5Y&feature=fvst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgeK_36Lp8
top 10- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLF-peUuuR8

Ikill
06-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Were you not born when Kobe was in his prime??
i don't know about the smooth part thats just what it seems to me but there is no ****ing way Kobe is faster

catch24
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
While Wade is faster, Kobe is by far more fluid, skilled and aesthetically pleasing. That's just my opinion though.

amfirst
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Prime Kobe, he is like a energizer bunny. Dude can get hot and go at u for all 4 quarters.

Swaggin916
06-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Bingo! Kobe to me was always more of a two foot dunker while Wade is better off one foot. Even though both guys can bring it either way. But the Mamba was always more of a two foot guys for me. But Wade's first step is more similar to a young MJ than Kobe's. And Kobe's dunk where he takes off vertically from one side of the rim and does a quick windmill on the other side is NASTY!

Kobe is almost strictly a 2 footed jumper. His 1 foot jump is probably 3 or 4inches lower than his 2 foot and he doesn't get off the ground as fast. Wade is like Jordan... he can do both pretty much equally well and get around the same height. (Lebron is the other extreme not much of a 2 foot jumper at all 1 foot jump muuuuch better).

I'd say Wade is the better athlete in both of their primes. He's faster end to end, quicker side to side, and can jump about as high if not higher. Both guys are in the top 5% of the NBA when it comes to Athleticism in their primes tho. Humans don't get much more explosive than those 2.

LA_Showtime
06-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Wade's first step is ridiculous, but Kobe wins hands down. Wade would probably have him beat if he had 1/2 of Kobe's work ethic, though.

Dwade305
06-28-2011, 10:14 PM

Only thing Wade has on him is quickness, but Kobe has a better first step, is faster end-to-end, is stronger, better body control, better hops, better body control and better stamina
Kobe was a better conditioned athlete than Wade his whole career, I have rarely seen Kobe get winded while Wade I can count with 2 hands the number of times he has been winded/tired/cramping. Probably Wade's numerous injuries had a large part in this, or maybe he is just a notch below Kobe as far as work ethic.

THat's the only thing, dont be a homer on the other stuff though. The first step is arguable depending on where they get the ball on the court. If's its anywhere in the top of the key, baseline, or elbow area, Wade had the clear edge. If it was in the post(quick spin,jab and blow-by,etc), Kobe made anyone look sillly and has the clear edge over Wade.

Kobe definitely was not faster end to end lol. Watch some of Wade's playoff games in 05 and 06, there was one ridiculous one vs Det on YT that shows he was probably the closest to AI at that time.

Better hops, KObe probably had a higher vertical by a small margin, but off 2 feet look how quick Wade got up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2R-w3zF5HY
That's Shawn MArionesque:bowdown:

Jacks3
06-28-2011, 10:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kxlt-xLo4c&feature=grec_index

Young Kobe. :bowdown:

eliteballer
06-28-2011, 10:51 PM
Wade isn't quicker than a young Kobe. Wade uses screens on 90% of his plays which gives him a step on his defender. He isnt nearly as potent when he doesnt have screens set.

There's a reason Kobe has been compared to the All-Time Greats and called the next Jordan and what not while Wade hasn't. It's because he has the potential and Wade doesn't.

Period.

nevetslc88
06-28-2011, 11:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZe3rP1-ujs&hd=1

thejumpa
06-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Tough call...I'll say Wade because he's already had a knee/shoulder injury early in his career and bounced back. At 29, he looks just as athletic as Kobe has ever been. Plus, he doesn't look like he's slowing down at all. In terms of vertical leap, neither are anything special. They just have long arms, good timing, and great body control.

tpols
06-28-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZe3rP1-ujs&hd=1
If you watch this whole video you'll see Kobe's body control, two footed leaping, dunking ability, and first step are better than Wade's.. Wade is faster in the open court and with a live dribble though which is why he's also the better one footed leaper since he always gets a running start. Wade is craftier at weaving in between people though.. he's smaller and more compact like a bowling ball. Kobe's basketball athleticism looks so damn good though.. he makes it all look effortless.

Jacks3
06-29-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXJkJ95gXg#t=2m18s

Look at the Blazers bench at 1:55. :lol

KenneBell
06-29-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm going to go with Kobe for reasons previously mentioned although the two are very close.

Wade is obviously a better leaper off of one foot and is a good bit more agile through traffic as well. Wade also weighs more which allows him to take contact better around the hoop.

Kobe has always been better conditioned though. Wade rarely plays over 40 minutes while prime Kobe seemed like a he could go 40+ every night and be perfectly fine. I also believe that he has much better body control(probably his best attribute), got higher on his jumpers, and had a better first step. In terms of jumping off of two feet, Kobe is up there with the best.

Ikill
06-29-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm going to go with Kobe for reasons previously mentioned although the two are very close.

Wade is obviously a better leaper off of one foot and is a good bit more agile through traffic as well. Wade also weighs more which allows him to take contact better around the hoop.

Kobe has always been better conditioned though. Wade rarely plays over 40 minutes while prime Kobe seemed like a he could go 40+ every night and be perfectly fine. I also believe that he has much better body control(probably his best attribute), got higher on his jumpers, and had a better first step. In terms of jumping off of two feet, Kobe is up there with the best.
Wade plays a style that takes more energy than Kobe shooting jump shots also think about this in Kobes best year 06 he didn't play very good defense while in Wades best year 09 he played the best defense of his career.

KenneBell
06-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Wade plays a style that takes more energy than Kobe shooting jump shots also think about this in Kobes best year 06 he didn't play very good defense while in Wades best year 09 he played the best defense of his career.
:confusedshrug:

You must be confusing that with '07. His defense in '06 was pretty damn good.

Papaya Petee
06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Wade wins this.

He's got a bigger build, he's definitely quicker and faster, has a better change of direction and agility. Also he might not jump as high as Kobe, his arms are so long that it makes up for it. He's also build better for more contact.

Look at this dunk on Varajao, he jumps off akwardly and not high at all, but still destroys him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRN7iJ5CqQ

Ikill
06-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Wade wins this.

He's got a bigger build, he's definitely quicker and faster, has a better change of direction and agility. Also he might not jump as high as Kobe, his arms are so long that it makes up for it. He's also build better for more contact.

Look at this dunk on Varajao, he jumps off akwardly and not high at all, but still destroys him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRN7iJ5CqQ
I wonder who is longer i know Kobe is about an inch taller but i have this feeling that Wade has longer legs and arms.

Ikill
06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
:confusedshrug:

You must be confusing that with '07. His defense in '06 was pretty damn good.
I thought his defense was better in 07? No?

KenneBell
06-29-2011, 01:40 PM
I thought his defense was better in 07? No?
Had knee surgery before the 06-07 season. Didn't really look like Kobe for a few months and by the time he did he had to concentrate all his energy on offense.

CJ Mustard
06-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Kobe by a comfortable margin in his prime. Right now, it's Wade.

28renyoy
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Wade is a top 5 player in the league and it's almost ALL based on athleticism. Kobe was not a better athlete, if he were he would have been Jordan 2.0.

Eat Like A Bosh
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Kobe is getting old now, so it's really not a comparison right now.
Right now it's Wade.

As for their primes, I'm not sure. Wade is 2 inches shorter, but bulkier than Kobe (220 to 205), quicker, more explosive. he's probably quicker and faster, has a better change of direction and agility. He doesn't have a great vertical like Kobe's, but he has a huge wingspan and pretty damn strong for his size. He's also build better for more contact.
Kobe's more finesse, Wade's more athletic. One thing Kobe has over Wade is durability. Wade has never played 82 games for a season. He has played 79 though.

Ikill
06-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Kobe is getting old now, so it's really not a comparison right now.
Right now it's Wade.

As for their primes, I'm not sure. Wade is 2 inches shorter, but bulkier than Kobe (220 to 205), quicker, more explosive. he's probably quicker and faster, has a better change of direction and agility. He doesn't have a great vertical like Kobe's, but he has a huge wingspan and pretty damn strong for his size. He's also build better for more contact.
Kobe's more finesse, Wade's more athletic. One thing Kobe has over Wade is durability. Wade has never played 82 games for a season. He has played 79 though.
There is a good chance Wade is bigger than 220 that was his listed weight back in 06 he got bulkier in 09 and again this year i say he is a least 230. Kobe is not a full two inches taller either Wade is 6'3 3/4 without shoes that makes him around 6'5 in shoes unless Kobe is taller than 6'6.

eliteballer
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM

How can anyone watch this and think Wade is even in his stratosphere?

gengiskhan
06-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Kobe = Wade or Kobe could be marginally better

Better 1 foot leaper = Wade clearly

Better 2 feet leaper = Kobe marginally

Better leaper sideways = Neither or kobe marginally

Better joint flexion & extention = Kobe clearly

Better power & Hangtime = Wade Clearly

Better transition dunker = Wade

Better breakaway dunker = Kobe

Better facial dunker = Equal (Wade could be better marginally)

Better slasher = Wade

Better finisher = Kobe marginally in his younger days. or Equal.

Better control in mid air = Kobe clearly (wade falls way too much)

Slam Dunk championship = Kobe 1, Wade 0

Kobe beats wade Marginally in athletic ability if not both are Equal.

Samurai Swoosh
06-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Kobe = Wade or Kobe could be marginally better

Better 1 foot leaper = Wade clearly

Better leaper sideways = Neither or kobe marginally

Better joint flexion & extention = Kobe clearly

Better power & Hangtime = Wade Clearly

Better transition dunker = Wade

Better breakaway dunker = Kobe

Better facial dunker = Equal (Wade could be better marginally)

Better slasher = Wade

Better finisher = Kobe marginally in his younger days. or Equal.

Better control in mid air = Kobe clearly (wade falls way too much)

Slam Dunk championship = Kobe 1, Wade 0

Kobe beats wade Marginally in athletic ability if not both are Equal.
Literally on the money ...

Also in terms of athletic ability, I would include "durability"

And they are equal there as well.

Both can be prone to get hurt a lot through nagging injuries, etc.

eliteballer
06-29-2011, 04:23 PM
He isnt close to Kobe in any form of leaping:oldlol:

brownmamba00
06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Call me when Wade dunks on players of the likes of Howard and Big Ben instead of Varejao and Perkins :oldlol:

--------------

When it's come to speed and quickness= def. Wade

But there is no way in hell that Wade even sniffs the dunks Kobe did back in his prime.

this into his 15th season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsGr-DJfhgM

But right NOW it's Wade by a landslide

brownmamba00
06-29-2011, 04:28 PM
@gengiskhan

Wade is not the better facial dunker, I agree with the rest tho.

Samurai Swoosh
Call me when Wade dunks on players of the likes of Howard and Big Ben instead of Varejao and Perkins :oldlol:
Wade is like 6'3 ... Kobe's a legit 6'6.

Varejao is as tall as D12.

Perkins is taller than Big Ben.

eliteballer
Wade dunks through people. Kobe dunks ON them. There is a difference.

Samurai Swoosh
06-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Wade dunks through people. Kobe dunks ON them. There is a difference.
Yea, both impressive. One isn't necessarily better than the other. Wade dunking through someone with such power for someone who is basically a PG sized player ... and knocking them on their ass is as impressive as any Kobe dunk.

The bias right here has to be shut down.

You sound like a fool.

eliteballer
06-29-2011, 04:32 PM
because Kobe can't dunk through people:roll: Wade ISNT PG sized. Who sounds like a fool there.

no pun intended
06-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Sure, Kobe can be be a better passer. We don't know because he rarely passes. Some of his passes are pretty sick though.

Samurai Swoosh
06-29-2011, 04:34 PM
because Kobe can't dunk through people:roll: Wade ISNT PG sized. Who sounds like a fool there.
You just said Wade dunks through people and Kobe dunks on people ...

Basically insinuating one is more impressive than the other.

Yes, Wade is basically combo guard sized.

Kobe is a legit SG / SF height.

Wade has a nice wingspan ... but he's clearly 3 inches shorter than Kobe.

eliteballer
06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6a00d8341c58f853ef0120a560eedc970b-800wi

Not exactly Chris Paul

Samurai Swoosh
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6a00d8341c58f853ef0120a560eedc970b-800wi

Not exactly Chris Paul
But the guy in the middle is LEGIT SG / SF height.

Wade's a little on the shorter side for a SG.

He makes it work because he gets to the basket at will, is strong, and can finish.

eliteballer
06-29-2011, 04:37 PM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+16+Basketball+0yml_pzfJpMl.jpg

"but but...Wade is sooo tiny!!":roll:

Ikill
06-29-2011, 04:39 PM
He is 6'5 230 not 6'4 220 like he is listed but in terms of dunking it depends on what you like Wades power and explosion or Kobes creativity and body control

Samurai Swoosh
06-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Where did I say Wade was tiny?

I just said he's shorter than Kobe.

Remove Mamba's balls from your mouth, kid.

You're being extra defensive.

:oldlol:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TCdErEO7OCM/SHN0RXgvbgI/AAAAAAAAAjM/11v9M-i90LU/s400/USA.jpg

Wade is Jason Kidd's height. And slightly taller than Deron Williams. He's closer to PG height than legit SG / SF height ala Bryant.

gengiskhan
06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
kobe is 6'4 barefoot.

no.

kobe is 6' 4.3/4" bare feet.

brownmamba00
06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
Wade is like 6'3 ... Kobe's a legit 6'6.

Varejao is as tall as D12.

Perkins is taller than Big Ben.

:roll:

I don't give a fvck how tall Varejao and Perk are.

Dunking on Big Ben, DHO, D-Rob, Duncan, prime Yao, etc>>> Anyone Wade has dunked on.

Samurai Swoosh
06-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Dunking on Big Ben, DHO, D-Rob, Duncan, prime Yao, etc>>> Anyone Wade has dunked on.
Not to say they weren't impressive dunks, but none more impressive than some of Wade's best.

brownmamba00
06-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Not to say they weren't impressive dunks, but none more impressive than some of Wade's best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qnhjlEZdwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4ThiRFdo0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeLRym4Q-pg

I'm not trying to discredit Wade but I'll take these over any facials Wade did.
But I'm biased so I'll leave it to the unbiased dudes

IGOTGAME
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM

Kobe's best dunks are better than Wade's. Kobe has one of the best in game dunk resume's in the history of the game. Wade has some nice dunks but not on Kobe's level in terms of number and quality.

KenneBell
06-29-2011, 06:17 PM

I really don't see how it's marginally. Wade rarely jumps off of two feet. I've seen Kobe jump from the dotted line and dunk, come from behind the basket, 360s, etc, etc, off of two feet, none of which I've seen Wade do.

No doubt Wade is better off of one foot though.

knightfall88
06-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Kobe used to 360/Windmill/double pump in traffic. Think about that..

STYLES11
06-29-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeLRym4Q-pg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p5M6KKx6GA

:roll:

eliteballer
06-29-2011, 07:08 PM

This dumps on anything, ANYTHING you can put together for Wade.

Heavincent
06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Kobe's best dunks are better than Wade's. Kobe has one of the best in game dunk resume's in the history of the game. Wade has some nice dunks but not on Kobe's level in terms of number and quality.

Yup. I love how Kobe dunks on elite big men.

lefthook00
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Wade has a really big wingspan and hands for his size. There was a pic/vid of Wade and LeBron standing around during the 2011 finals and it looked like Wades hands were just as big as LeBrons.

LA_Showtime
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+16+Basketball+0yml_pzfJpMl.jpg

That picture is crazy. LeBron and Wade especially look like completely different players.

macpierce
06-29-2011, 08:48 PM
/THREAD

Jacks3
06-29-2011, 09:36 PM
This.

scm5
10-21-2011, 08:01 PM
I would say that Kobe in his prime was the better leaper but Wade is just flat out faster than Kobe.

In fact, I never thought Kobe was that quick. He has always relied a lot on footwork and handles. I believe there's even a video floating around somewhere on how Kobe is relatively slow compared to other "premier" athletes.

eliteballer
10-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Wade relies on picks, it gives gim a step on his defender. Watch the difference on his drives when he doesnt use a pick.

Ikill
10-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Wade relies on picks, it gives gim a step on his defender. Watch the difference on his drives when he doesnt use a pick.
most of Wades crossovers and drives are without picks in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p52I1Oy-7M

D-Wade316
10-22-2011, 06:29 AM

Doctor Rivers
10-22-2011, 10:58 AM

mastery

PJR
10-22-2011, 11:14 AM

:oldlol: Shut the fck up. Dwyane Wade has nasty handles for an off guard, a superb first step, and is one of the most elusive players in the league. He can get seperation from a defender with or without a screen.

L8k3r5
10-22-2011, 11:42 AM
he's not, If he attempted half of the things Wade does out there he wont play 30 games. Kobe stopped driving into the hoop and settles for the jumpshot so he doesn't expend too much energy.. Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kobe as an Athlete.
No wonder your rep is so negative. :facepalm Can this guy be any more biased?:oldlol:

L8k3r5
10-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Kobe's pretty quick though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7sVsEgsp4
Look at the 1:00 mark

Ikill
10-23-2011, 01:37 AM
:wtf: i got negged for this

pauk
10-23-2011, 01:45 AM
today?

Wade ofcourse... ?

The Iron Fist
10-23-2011, 03:23 PM

You just described every single Jordan stan.

Ikill
10-23-2011, 05:25 PM
:wtf: i got negged for this
im the bitch you too afraid say who you are ******

AI3Anthony
10-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Right now definitely Wade.. both at prime level, close, but still Wade.

AI3Anthony
10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Kobe's pretty quick though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7sVsEgsp4
Look at the 1:00 mark

Damn! That was quick

Odinn
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Kobe's athletic prime; 2002-03 season
Wade's athletic prime; 2008-09 season

Prime vs. Prime; I say Kobe.

rodman91
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Wade easily.

Faster,Quicker,Stronger.

His nick was "Flash" for a reason.

Kobe had better vertical though.

AlphaWolf24
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
people forget kobe got to be an allstar without even starting on his team. he didn't do that by shooting fade aways..

in his younger days kobe usually teabagging somebody every other day.
afro kobe was a nasty dunker

don't even bother.....

I'm starting to think most Kobe Haterz don't even watch basketball...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXJkJ95gXg&feature=player_detailpage#t=131s

:eek: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :wtf: :rockon: :banana: :pimp:

AlphaWolf24
10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Wade easily.

Faster,Quicker,Stronger.

His nick was "Flash" for a reason.

Kobe had better vertical though.

From Finals MVP to 15 win season in a "flash"

Chrono90
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
From Finals MVP to 15 win season in a "flash"

lol. Funny and true.

Athletic wise, i say it's a close call and maybe Wade gets the tip over Kobe. But overall career wise, Kobe without a question.

Hank
12-21-2011, 06:47 AM
The funny thing is other than wade being super quick his athleticism has never really made me say wow, he is obviously one of the most athletic players in the leauge, very long arms for his size , big hands and a very strong guy for being 6'4".

Did you watch Wade before the knee injury ? not just quickness but his explosion, elusiveness, change of direction skills breaking ankles, etc etc.. all with supreme body control and handles. Here's a reminder of early Wade:

/thread