PDA

View Full Version : Tracy McGrady may sign with Bulls

Grinder
07-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Pretty much pending a physical.

The Bulls are prepared to sign Tracy McGrady if he proves to be sufficiently healthy in a workout Monday and he can convince the team he is willing to accept a bench role, one source familiar with Chicago's thinking said Sunday.

"Nothing is done until it's done, but I expect the Bulls to sign McGrady later this week," the source said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5408617

T-Mac was awesome in about two games for the Knicks and terrible for most of them. I think with a full off season of training under his belt and if he can stay healthy (:oldlol: ) he could be a very nice addition to this team. Would he start? Even though they talk about accepting a bench role, he might be capable.

Rose/Watson
McGrady/Brewer
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Thomas/Asik

That's a very,very complete lineup and anything McGrady can add would be a bonus. I can't wait to watch these guys against the Heat, Celtics, and Bucks among others.

New York Knicks
07-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Expect him to miss 30+ games.

OmniStrife
07-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Man it seems like the Bulls are in for a 3-peat 1st round exit... :(

L.Kizzle
07-25-2010, 02:59 PM
After he made his return, he only missed ONE game all season, if I remember correctly.

boozehound
07-25-2010, 03:00 PM
well, would he start over brewer at the 2? maybe, if hes truly healthy and has enough left in those varicose, old lady legs. I dont see him starting over deng at the 3. In some ways, he could be instant offense/point forward off the bench, allowing them to get rose some rest (foul trouble, another look for strong team D). I dont think he will contribute that much though.

I gotta say, I really like the way the bulls have addressed their team this offseason.

IMO boozer was the best fit at pf for them and will look great on that team (especially with a capable defender at the 5). korver and brewer are opposite role wings who really compliment each other as a platoon and KT provides a very nice and savvy backup tandem with the young gibson. In many ways, a better fit than miller for them (defensively minded, not looking for his on O). If they can add t-mac as either the starting 2 (seems like he is way better playing on ball though) or as their primary bench scorer/handler, I think this team could make a run at a top 3 seed in the east.

juju151111
07-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Idk about that. better team,bench,coach,etc...

wang4three
07-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Come on T-Mac!

niko
07-25-2010, 03:02 PM
I don't know what to think of McGrady. The first day, he had a great game, everyone went WOW and he said "don't expect too much". He pulled himself out of games at strange times, but after the Knicks started limiting his minutes (so we wouldn't play without him in the 4th), he got mad. he also was super super negative after only a very short time. It took him about ten seconds to turn on the team.

he is a good talent, and i would sign him if i were teh bulls but it's hard to ingore how sour and angry he is. i think he is angry that he can no longer be what he was, and it comes out ina bad way.

boozehound
07-25-2010, 03:04 PM
this is just a dumb post. there biggest weakness since they've been a playoff team (deng's rookie year) has been their reliance on jumpers falling or perimeter penetration. Putting one of the best post scorers in the league on that squad opens up so much for them, especially in getting buckets late in tough, contested playoff games. Having to react to boozer in the post will give players like deng much better spacing for jumpers (not to mention they added an awesome outside shooter in KK) as well as open up the court for rose to drive and finish/PnR.

boozehound
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't know what to think of McGrady. The first day, he had a great game, everyone went WOW and he said "don't expect too much". He pulled himself out of games at strange times, but after the Knicks started limiting his minutes (so we wouldn't play without him in the 4th), he got mad. he also was super super negative after only a very short time. It took him about ten seconds to turn on the team.

he is a good talent, and i would sign him if i were teh bulls but it's hard to ingore how sour and angry he is. i think he is angry that he can no longer be what he was, and it comes out ina bad way.
yeah, he is kind of a crybaby you have to keep happy. maybe they can hire an assistant to play with him on the bench.

Captain Kirk
07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
For the team's benefit as well as his, he should come off the bench and provide that offensive spark (ala Gordon). It really wouldn't make much sense to me to have him start when you have Rose, Boozer, Deng, and Brewer who can all together give you stability on both ends.

I know it's a joking thing about McGrady being a human curse that keeps any team he's on from going past the first round, but his signing sorta scares me, lol.

fatboy11
07-25-2010, 03:06 PM
This is a good position for him, if he really does have anything left. Off the bench or starting, he should get some good minutes. We'll see how it goes. He could help this team as a 6th man if he can stay healthy.

game3524
07-25-2010, 03:06 PM
If McGrady is healthy, he should be the starter IMO. The guy can still play, this could be a steal for the Bulls.

hawkfan
07-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Good signing for the Bulls.

He's the best wing out there, and if he is healthy, then he can provide 15-20 minutes per night.

Expectations will be way less, and he will be the third or fourth option, so the pressure is off. If he is on, the Bulls all of a sudden get someone else to space the floor for Rose, Boozer, Deng, Noah, Korver, Brewer.

If not, it's probably a small deal, so it shouldn't kill cap wise.

niko
07-25-2010, 03:09 PM
yeah, he is kind of a crybaby you have to keep happy. maybe they can hire an assistant to play with him on the bench.

He played one game too much in the first half, and in the 4th he couldn't go. Next game, they gave him a minute limit for the half. So first half he's cooking...but they take him out according to what they said they would. After the game he gives this solliloquy about how the Knicks don't care about winning and no stars would ever come there, etc. I get the frustration, and maybe those were his real thoughts but it was like 15 games into his time there. He already felt ok complaining publicly? (BTW, that's how lost the season was, McGrady went off postgame, and no one cared.)

i can see this if he feels good being great, and he's a huge compliment, and if he's hurting him being grouchy and ultimately just getting cut. It's low money though so why not, but they need to make sure they protect their first year coach.

Chalkmaze
07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
I've been reading all the interviews with Ronnie Brewer, and part of the excitement of him going to the Bulls was that he fully expects to be a starter, so I expect to see McGrady coming off the bench. I would rather have Brewer start for my team anyway, he's young, fresh legged, quick, athletic, and a good defender. I'd want McGrady coming off the bench and filling in for matchup problems or situations where outside shooting becomes a need.

A great pick-up for Chicago if McGrady still has a few minutes a game left in him.

MeLO MvP 15
07-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Good fit for both sides... this way McGrady doesn't have to rush back from an injury and is just a luxury for Chicago when he's healthy...

step_back
07-25-2010, 03:52 PM
I have been saying on the Bulls forum how much I would like to have him on our team if he is willing to take on the 6th man role. There is no free agent left who has the same or better talent then he does (Unless Iverson comes back)

Mcgrady is also capable of creating mismatches and scoring in volumes, not that I think our offence will suffer anymore now that we have a low post scorer in Boozer so I say take the risk and sign him to a one year deal.

you have got to take the best of what's left!

Bigsmoke
07-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I dont want that loser here!

step_back
07-25-2010, 03:57 PM
I dont want that loser here!

Who do you want? Eddie house? because he definately is not a chucker:roll:

Ben Jordan
07-25-2010, 03:58 PM
T-Mac piggybacking D-Rose to get out of the 1st round. Despicable.

Just kidding, I very excite for this season.

sixerfan3511
07-25-2010, 03:59 PM
1 of the conditions is that he accepts a bench role, which would be best. Start Brewer, have Korver and T-Mac as backups.

Bigsmoke
07-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Who do you want? Eddie house? because he definately is not a chucker:roll:

not Tmac. Watch, he gonna come here while taking stupid shots thinking he still got it and then get hurt and then ***** about his minutes.

i already know

Fudge
07-25-2010, 04:07 PM
not Tmac. Watch, he gonna come here while taking stupid shots thinking he still got it and then get hurt and then ***** about his minutes.

i already know
O RLY?!

You're stupid, gtfo.

OmniStrife
this is just a dumb post. there biggest weakness since they've been a playoff team (deng's rookie year) has been their reliance on jumpers falling or perimeter penetration. Putting one of the best post scorers in the league on that squad opens up so much for them, especially in getting buckets late in tough, contested playoff games. Having to react to boozer in the post will give players like deng much better spacing for jumpers (not to mention they added an awesome outside shooter in KK) as well as open up the court for rose to drive and finish/PnR.
Sense of humor.
You dropped yours on the floor, pick it up.

step_back

i already know

If we sign him for the vet minimum that is hardly a great loss if he gets injured, if he causes problems which I don't think he will because he has to prove he can still be worth something just buy out his contract like teams have done with Iverson.

boozehound
07-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Sense of humor.
You dropped yours on the floor, pick it up.
there is nothing funny about the first round virgin!

Bigsmoke
07-25-2010, 04:14 PM
O RLY?!

You're stupid, gtfo.

****ing Tmac dickrider. eat a dick while you at it

If we sign him for the vet minimum that is hardly a great loss if he gets injured, if he causes problems which I don't think he will because he has to prove he can still be worth something just buy out his contract like teams have done with Iverson.

yea i think of Iverson while discussing Tmac. I'm not saying he's going to **** up the Bulls but not sure if he's our missing puzzle piece.

D-Rose
07-25-2010, 04:18 PM
I think he could really help a team like chicago. Good fit imo.

Clocian-IGN
07-25-2010, 04:20 PM
welcome aboard mcgrady(assuming you pass the test tomorrow :D). dunno why some bulls fans are hating on tmac. It's a low risk high reward move...and dont say keith bogans or mason jr....

Meticode
07-25-2010, 04:21 PM
If McGrady even plays half as good as he was in his prime it's a bonus. That is if he can stay healthy. And doesn't bring his first round exit curse along with him.

step_back
07-25-2010, 04:21 PM
****ing Tmac dickrider. eat a dick while you at it

yea i think of Iverson while discussing Tmac. I'm not saying he's going to **** up the Bulls but not sure if he's our missing puzzle piece.

your probably right, but until we get out there and see the team play we might not know who we need in order to win it all, which by the way I think we have a shot at, Miami Boston orlando and even L.A are not invincible.

If he doesn't work out in the first month or show signs of causing problems cut him loose, he needs to realise he's not the same player anymore which I think he does unlike Iverson which is the only reason why people have not picked him up.

bdreason
07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
This first offseason move by the Bulls that I don't like.

T-Mac brings too much drama for the value. Bulls would be better off giving Deng and Korver the majority of PT at SF.

bdreason
07-25-2010, 04:44 PM
And T-Mac can't effectively play SG anymore. He's a complete liability on the defensive end because he lacks the lateral movement to stay in front of his man, or chase his man off screens.

Dengness9
07-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Man, if this goes through..... Bulls are so deep i'm starting to believe they can not only compete w/ the easy way out ******* down in Miami, but possibly beat em.

The Bulls depth is beginning to look like something to not be ****ed w/. This team has allstars, offensive stars, defensive stoppers, rebounders, lack of shooting but still the best 3 Pt shooter in Korver.

Bball is a much easier game when roles are defined. The Bulls seem to have that part figured out w/ this roster.

I LOVE this team on paper. Alot is left to prove quite obviously, however, I never knew the Bulls could look this good w/ out landing one or 2 of LBJ/Wade/Bosh.

If this Bulls team defeated the Heat in the playoffs... I could think of nothing sweeter.

This Bulls team to me, is tougher and has more desire than the Heat.

Duncan21formvp
07-25-2010, 05:39 PM

T-Mac was awesome in about two games for the Knicks and terrible for most of them. I think with a full off season of training under his belt and if he can stay healthy (:oldlol: ) he could be a very nice addition to this team. Would he start? Even though they talk about accepting a bench role, he might be capable.

Rose/Watson
McGrady/Brewer
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Thomas/Asik

That's a very,very complete lineup and anything McGrady can add would be a bonus. I can't wait to watch these guys against the Heat, Celtics, and Bucks among others.

If he comes off the bench that is fine. Chicago is playing it smart. If he is a starter and misses, then he messes up the chemistry. If he is a bench player and misses than no big deal.

Glide2keva
07-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Man, if this goes through..... Bulls are so deep i'm starting to believe they can not only compete w/ the easy way out ******* down in Miami, but possibly beat em.

The Bulls depth is beginning to look like something to not be ****ed w/. This team has allstars, offensive stars, defensive stoppers, rebounders, lack of shooting but still the best 3 Pt shooter in Korver.

Bball is a much easier game when roles are defined. The Bulls seem to have that part figured out w/ this roster.

I LOVE this team on paper. Alot is left to prove quite obviously, however, I never knew the Bulls could look this good w/ out landing one or 2 of LBJ/Wade/Bosh.

If this Bulls team defeated the Heat in the playoffs... I could think of nothing sweeter.

This Bulls team to me, is tougher and has more desire than the Heat.
Tracy McGrady doesn't make us better. Whatever he gives the team is a bonus as I don't expect much from him. You're looking at him from his toronto/ORL/houston days (pre-injury)

Dude is not the same.

OmniStrife
07-25-2010, 05:57 PM
there is nothing funny about the first round virgin!
:roll:
There you go!
:cheers:

bagelred
07-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Smart pickup.

TMac will look great in a Bulls uniform sitting on the bench.

SinJackal
07-25-2010, 06:27 PM
T-Mac is a great pickup. He can play SF and SG properly. They needed a decent SF along with Deng, and honestly I am glad we have a possible starter at SG besides Brewer and Korver. >_>

After he made his return, he only missed ONE game all season, if I remember correctly.

Yup, you're right. Though I don't think T-Mac was 100% even he did come back. It takes more than a year to come back fully healthy from the injury/surgeory he had, so I expect him to really surprise people this season. Big steal for the Bulls.

Blackisbig
07-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Bad signing IMO. I have a feeling that Tracy won't be as willing to come off the bench and be a role player on the Bulls as he would have been on the Heat or the Lakers. The Bulls have a good young nucleus, and McGrady is the kind of cat who could cause a lot of uneasiness in the locker room if he doesn't think he's getting the kind of shots or playing time that he wants.

SinJackal
07-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Bulls also added Kurt Thomas recently too. Excellent defending big man who can play PF and C. He can also hit open mid range shots too. Very versetile player, though old. Good vet pickup.

Bad signing IMO. I have a feeling that Tracy won't be as willing to come off the bench and be a role player on the Bulls as he would have been on the Heat or the Lakers. The Bulls have a good young nucleus, and McGrady is the kind of cat who could cause a lot of uneasiness in the locker room if he doesn't think he's getting the kind of shots or playing time that he wants.

Give the dude more credit than that. You know he knows the situation in Chicago, and knows he isn't going to be "the guy". You don't sign with a team that has Rose and Boozer and expect to be even the #2 option. He's going to have a sort of Michael Finley type role. He might start, but won't be getting more than 12-15 shots per game. Enough to drop in 12-24 points depending on his FG% on a given night. Or he'll come off the bench. Either way, no matter what bad feelings Bulls fans might have for the guy. . .he EASILY makes the team better.

So the Bulls have signed: Boozer, T-Mac*, Kurt Thomas, Brewer, Korver. . .and added them to Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson. . . Their team is looking extremely good right now. I think after getting Thomas and T-Mac I might have to change my mind about my eastern conf' seeding.

Crazy Style
07-25-2010, 09:43 PM

How would it be better if he where to go to the Heat? He most definately wouldn't get as much playing time backing up either Wade or Lebron. With Chicago he would have a bigger role, ecspecially at gaurd. Such a move could be a risk worth taking.

eliteballer
07-25-2010, 09:46 PM
It doesnt say he is expected to sign with them. It says they are prepared to make him an offer BASED ON HIS PHYSICAL and IF HE ACCEPTS A BENCH ROLE. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Blackisbig
07-25-2010, 09:48 PM
How would it be better if he where to go to the Heat? He most definately wouldn't get as much playing time backing up either Wade or Lebron. With Chicago he would have a bigger role, ecspecially at gaurd. Such a move could be a risk worth taking.

Because even his ego would probably realize that he wouldn't get a ton of playing time there behind LBJ and Wade. In Chicago his inflated opinion of himself will make it hard to sit on the bench at all when Korver or Brewer are in the game.

skaterbasist
07-25-2010, 09:50 PM
It's a good sign for the Bulls.

Too bad his health his limited his game tremendously.

VishaltotheG
07-25-2010, 11:14 PM
As long as he isn't Pargo 2.0 I'm happy.

Finn T-Mac
07-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Time for T-Mac to stay healthy so I can change my pic
<---

ronnymac
07-26-2010, 03:06 AM
Last half a season was like a rehab for him. His knee had'nt fully recoverd. It takes 18 months to recover from a micro fracture surgery.This season he should be better. Not allstar but good to very good status. 15-5-6 type season

AK47DR91
07-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Good steal if he's healthy and mature enough to take a backseat.

Duncan21formvp
07-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Last half a season was like a rehab for him. His knee had'nt fully recoverd. It takes 18 months to recover from a micro fracture surgery.This season he should be better. Not allstar but good to very good status. 15-5-6 type season

I agree

brantonli
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Bulls also added Kurt Thomas recently too. Excellent defending big man who can play PF and C. He can also hit open mid range shots too. Very versetile player, though old. Good vet pickup.

Give the dude more credit than that. You know he knows the situation in Chicago, and knows he isn't going to be "the guy". You don't sign with a team that has Rose and Boozer and expect to be even the #2 option. He's going to have a sort of Michael Finley type role. He might start, but won't be getting more than 12-15 shots per game. Enough to drop in 12-24 points depending on his FG% on a given night. Or he'll come off the bench. Either way, no matter what bad feelings Bulls fans might have for the guy. . .he EASILY makes the team better.

So the Bulls have signed: Boozer, T-Mac*, Kurt Thomas, Brewer, Korver. . .and added them to Rose, Noah, Deng, Gibson. . . Their team is looking extremely good right now. I think after getting Thomas and T-Mac I might have to change my mind about my eastern conf' seeding.

I would like to believe you if it wasn't for the fact that McGrady knows exactly what to say in press conferences, gives off a great attitude, but can completely f*ck it up when it actually comes to coming off the bench and all the rest. So personally, I would hold judgement on T-mac, but am leaning towards an unhappy seperation in the middle of the season.

EDIT: Reason: typing fail

YouGotServed
07-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I would like to believe if you if it wasn't for the fact that McGrady knows exactly what to say in press conferences, gives off a great attitude, but can completely f*ck it up when it actually comes to coming off the bench and all the rest. So personally, I would hold judgement on T-mac, but am leaning towards an unhappy seperation in the middle of the season.

Yeah that's Tracy. He says one thing and acts like he understands the situation but in reality he doesn't. Remember last year? He and Adelman had agreed Tracy would play only 15 minutes a game, and Adelman would see how he was doing on the court. Next thing you know Tracy asks Adelman if he can get more minutes, Adelman says no and Tracy acts like a little b*tch about it.

Snoop_Cat
07-26-2010, 09:28 AM

After Iverson, that type of season should be an all-star selection for TMac

ElPigto
07-26-2010, 09:48 AM
If the trend continues, you'll end up hating him by the end of his run at X team.

Good luck Chicago. I spent years defending this guy and sadly I feel it was all a waste of time.

Calabis
07-26-2010, 10:13 AM
If he ever had the dedication like Jordan and Kobe to take care of his body, he probably would have been healthy over the last couple of seasons

icewill36
07-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Yeah that's Tracy. He says one thing and acts like he understands the situation but in reality he doesn't. Remember last year? He and Adelman had agreed Tracy would play only 15 minutes a game, and Adelman would see how he was doing on the court. Next thing you know Tracy asks Adelman if he can get more minutes, Adelman says no and Tracy acts like a little b*tch about it.
tne rockets handled the situation poorly and thats that. it wasnt even 15 min it was abt 7, all in the first half. he looked fine when he was out there. adelman wouldnt give him more minutes even when ariza was out injured. play him, not this 7 min bullshit or not at all. adelman is a prick anyway. tmac will be a great cheap pickup for the bulls. he still knows how to make plays and is an underrated passer. the bulls just might be title contenders if he somewhat returns to form.

Pharcyde
07-26-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd rather have Roger Mason. At least we don't have to worry about him thinking he's a superstar still and has 2 functional legs.

YouGotServed
07-26-2010, 10:58 AM
tne rockets handled the situation poorly and thats that. it wasnt even 15 min it was abt 7, all in the first half. he looked fine when he was out there. adelman wouldnt give him more minutes even when ariza was out injured. play him, not this 7 min bullshit or not at all. adelman is a prick anyway. tmac will be a great cheap pickup for the bulls. he still knows how to make plays and is an underrated passer. the bulls just might be title contenders if he somewhat returns to form.

Houston didn't handle the situation poorly. McGrady simply didn't have the patience he needed to come back. You're right, he was getting about 7 and a half minutes a game, you have to consider now.....he's missed 42 straight games....so 7 minutes a game seems fair to me. 6 games, after six games he got desperate and asked for more playing time. :rolleyes: And no, McGrady didn't look fine. He couldn't get off the floor, and even Houston's broadcaster could notice Tracy wasn't ready to come back. Have fun having Tracy in your team. I can guarantee you, you won't feel the same for Tracy after the season is over.

niko
07-26-2010, 11:35 AM

i'd have thought that more if he didn't do the same thing to the Knicks. They limited his minutes, he got mad. They took off the limits, he pulled himself out of games at bad times, then complained they didn't manage his minutes properly. T-Mac made the situation impossible for himself to be happy.

boozehound
07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Houston didn't handle the situation poorly. McGrady simply didn't have the patience he needed to come back. You're right, he was getting about 7 and a half minutes a game, you have to consider now.....he's missed 42 straight games....so 7 minutes a game seems fair to me. 6 games, after six games he got desperate and asked for more playing time. :rolleyes: And no, McGrady didn't look fine. He couldn't get off the floor, and even Houston's broadcaster could notice Tracy wasn't ready to come back. Have fun having Tracy in your team. I can guarantee you, you won't feel the same for Tracy after the season is over.
both sides handled that situation poorly IMO. For adleman to treat the franchise player of the previous half a decade like that was in poor taste. They jerked him around a little bit. Sure, he handled it like a 6 yr old, but its not like the team didnt play a role in creating that situation.

juju151111
07-26-2010, 01:36 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/2010/07/mcgrady_workout_went_well.html Workout went well.:applause: :banana:

Clocian-IGN
07-26-2010, 01:41 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/2010/07/mcgrady_workout_went_well.html Workout went well.:applause: :banana:

get it done garpax!

Slam13
07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Do you think he can regain his superstar form next season or decline even more? he is still 31, so he is not too old to put up good numbers....

What team do you think T-mac could help the most next season?

dbronx42
07-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Do you think he can regain his superstar form next season or decline even more? he is still 31, so he is not too old to put up good numbers....

What team do you think T-mac could help the most next season?

Ummmm. No. T-Mac has been done for years and will never ever be even close to the player he once was. He is made out of glass and is likely on his last leg in the NBA.

hack_a_shaq
07-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Mcgrady has nothing left, maybe a few more knee injuries and an overpaid contract (any).

He's not going to regain any "superstar" status regardless of what team he signs with. He should sign with LA and hopefully try to ride KB for a ring.

LosBulls
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
15 Points 5 Assist 5 Rebounds

Kingsfans818
07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
His shots looked good... he can be a nice spot up shooter

He still has some scoring ability as well

He's terrible on D though..I mean horrible..

Kurosawa0
07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
15 Points 5 Assist 5 Rebounds

Uh, he might get you that five or six times a season.

hawkfan
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
T-Mac would have been great for the Hawks. He can score and he would sell some tickets.

RaceBannana
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
If he learns to put the team first, he could do so much for the Bulls.
but thats a huge IF.

gasolina
07-26-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm confused... i thought putting "Team First" also involved playing defense.

Quickz
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM
If Mcgrady can put up 10-12 points couple rebounds couple assist and accept a 6th or 7th man role then he could be a great addittions.

Yes his D sucks, but for a 6th or 7th man, I honestly think he could be one of the better bench players.

Now theres a huge if around that, but for vets min how cares take a chance bulls.

eeeeeebro
07-26-2010, 05:08 PM
From the replays that I watched with him in ny alot of teams double teamed him that simple fact. Makes him very valuable to the bulls. Rose kover deng boozer will make you pay if you double Grady. So with that said discus why he is getting double teamed all the time if he is washed up

JayGuevara
07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
12/3-4/3-4 in like 25 minutes a night? With occasional big games, once a month or so?

He's had long enough to recover from his various injuries, so if he's not healthy this year, he likely never will be. This is probably his last real shot to contribute. If he's not healthy and doesn't perform at a decent standard, it's unlikely teams will take chances on him next year or afterwards.

For instance, Chris Webber in Detroit was serviceable, Chris Webber in Golden State (the second time, obviously) was tragic. So if he can perform like Webber did in Detroit, it'll be a success for Chicago or whoever decides to sign him, if it's more like Webber in GS, it's prolly the end of a career.

Jasper
07-26-2010, 06:08 PM
12/3-4/3-4 in like 25 minutes a night? With occasional big games, once a month or so?

He's had long enough to recover from his various injuries, so if he's not healthy this year, he likely never will be. This is probably his last real shot to contribute. If he's not healthy and doesn't perform at a decent standard, it's unlikely teams will take chances on him next year or afterwards.

For instance, Chris Webber in Detroit was serviceable, Chris Webber in Golden State (the second time, obviously) was tragic. So if he can perform like Webber did in Detroit, it'll be a success for Chicago or whoever decides to sign him, if it's more like Webber in GS, it's prolly the end of a career.
^-------- what he said.

I'll add it's almost more about the coaching staff then it is what T-mac brings.
If the coaching staff can get desire from him for 15 solid minutes , playing defense and taking OPEN spot up shots , he can be very helpful.
Because no one has talked about his passing ability , and it is very underrated.... but he has to have a coach that not only motivates him , but also inspires him to play defense.
15 minutes is all he is worth.

kentatm
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.fbodywarehouse.com/fbw/images/T/UGM310.jpg

HylianNightmare
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
6th man averaging anywhere from 10-15 Ppg would be fine

SinJackal
07-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted, but. . .

[QUOTE]Sources say despite reports to the contrary now Miami tried repeatedly to get McGrady to sign and Pat Riley was calling McGrady daily.

McGrady not only said he didn

MrMAgic023
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM
what a man thinks he will help them beat in the heat in best of 7 games.....

AI3Anthony
07-26-2010, 07:47 PM
T-Mac is my boy! The Heat will NOT win the championship this year. Go ahead and write that down.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
T-Mac is my boy! The Heat will NOT win the championship this year. Go ahead and write that down.
pretty sure everybody agrees with you. it's going to be 2 or 3 or 4 years down the road when that is in question.

SinJackal
07-26-2010, 07:54 PM
what a man thinks he will help them beat in the heat in best of 7 games.....

I think he feels the Bulls would have a decent shot of beating the Heat even without him on the team. With T-Mac, perhaps it's a good shot. At least 50/50. Bulls have their talent more spread around rather than 80% of it be inside the bodies of 3 players. I also like Boozer better than Bosh in the playoffs. The Bulls have no direct answer to Wade or LeBron, but the Bulls overall team (aside from their top 3-4 guys) is far better than the rest of the Heat after the Miami 3baggers.

Bulls would be a strong contender in the east with T-Mac (and now Kurt Thomas too). Two players who both refused to play with Miami, not wanting to be a part of that circus.

mike_23_goat
07-26-2010, 07:54 PM
pretty sure everybody agrees with you. it's going to be 2 or 3 or 4 years down the road when that is in question.
It's true, except for team USA and the All Star Game, these guys are used to trying to beat eachother. It's gonna take a while for the chemistry to kick in.

L.Kizzle
07-26-2010, 07:55 PM
T-Mac > LeBron

Draz
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Damm. Tmac for my respect, I thought he was awaiting the chance to play with big free agents like Lebron by coming to the Knicks, guess he stepped it up. I'm going to show love to the Bulls franchise to, I'm hoping they win.

AI3Anthony
07-26-2010, 08:00 PM
T-Mac > LeBron

Now we're talkin

L.Kizzle
07-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Now we're talkin
On the real, I hope he has a Bernard King type comeback.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-26-2010, 08:04 PM

No. Vegas has the Heat as the 7/5 favorite to win it all.

Younggrease
07-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I think he feels the Bulls would have a decent shot of beating the Heat even without him on the team. With T-Mac, perhaps it's a good shot. At least 50/50. Bulls have their talent more spread around rather than 80% of it be inside the bodies of 3 players. I also like Boozer better than Bosh in the playoffs. The Bulls have no direct answer to Wade or LeBron, but the Bulls overall team (aside from their top 3-4 guys) is far better than the rest of the Heat after the Miami 3baggers.

Bulls would be a strong contender in the east with T-Mac (and now Kurt Thomas too). Two players who both refused to play with Miami, not wanting to be a part of that circus.

this...if Derrick Rose takes another step forward then the Bulls will be a team to mess with in the playoffs. They have great shooters, a tough powerforward who thrives against players like Bosh and a great defensive coach.

-M-I
07-26-2010, 08:09 PM

From the Sam Smith article about T-Mac on Bulls.com.

+5 points for T-Mac
Yeah. From Sam Smith. :rolleyes:

We get it, you hate the Heat. Get over it. T-Mac of all people won't make a difference.

creamanshrimp
07-26-2010, 08:10 PM
i think the bulls have a realistic chance 2 beat the heat in the playoffs. they matchup extremely well and i see boozer abusing that skinny little stick bosh

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-26-2010, 08:11 PM
they're fooling the public. if you talk to any idiot with minimal basketball knowledge, they are picking the heat. i guess what i stated should have been said in a more opinionated view.

SinJackal
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM

Vegas also had the Cavs as the team LeBron was most likely going to end up with, then NY, then Chicago, then Miami on the last day.

The odds are that way because they expect people will have been dropping money on Miami. Not everyone is good at properly assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a team and predicting intelligently.

Even the smarters odds makers are incorrect nearly 50% of the time. You realize this, right? Don't put too much stock in that stuff. Assess the teams yourself, your own odds will probably be more accurate than the vegas odds.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-26-2010, 08:15 PM
they're fooling the public.

LOL. bet the house on the Lakers!

honestly, I think the Heat will be right there. It really doesn't take that long to "gell". The Celtic big 3 gelled immediately, before the season had even started, and won the championship. Lakers/Gasol gelled immediately and made it to the championship.

the only thing holding the Heat back, potentially, is their interior defense and maybe low post scoring threat. other than that, they will do just fine.

lacasner
It all depends how the heat gell. If internal problems start brewing, I'd definetly take the bulls over them. The big 3 have to mesh perfectly to make up for the other deficincies on the roster.

RaceBannana
Im no Heat fan or pretending to jump on the Wagon.

But McGrady shouldn

SinJackal
07-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah. From Sam Smith. :rolleyes:

We get it, you hate the Heat. Get over it. T-Mac of all people won't make a difference.

When did I say I hated the Heat? Ever?

I'm tired of Heat "fans" claiming everyone hates their team when they barely have a top 3 team in the NBA. Irritating.

And T-Mac will make more of a difference than at least half the people the Heat signed to their roster to fill in all their holes this offseason.

Edit: By the way, Sam Smith hates on everybody including Bulls players and all potential free agent signings for the Bulls. He isn't a "heat hater", he's a negative columnist.

NoGunzJustSkillz
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
LOL. bet the house on the Lakers!

honestly, I think the Heat will be right there. It really doesn't take that long to "gell". The Celtic big 3 gelled immediately, before the season had even started, and won the championship. Lakers/Gasol gelled immediately and made it to the championship.

the only thing holding the Heat back, potentially, is their interior defense and maybe low post scoring threat. other than that, they will do just fine.
oh i expect lebron/wade/bosh to gell just perfectly. the difference is the lakers bench rite now is deep as sht. u know this. the season the celtics took the championship, they were deep...the heat aren't going thru the entire season without an injury...one guy from that starting 5 goes down with a season ending injury...alarms will be set off.

Duncan21formvp
07-26-2010, 08:37 PM

From the Sam Smith article about T-Mac on Bulls.com.

+5 points for T-Mac

Well let's see if he can even play still.

Inspector Rick
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm always so optimistic with these kind of gamble signings, but they usually never pan out. But I have a good feeling about this one....

HiphopRelated
07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
"Sources say despite reports to the contrary now Miami tried repeatedly to get McGrady to sign and Pat Riley was calling McGrady daily."

stopped reading after this

Sorta like JO "chose" Boston over Miami when he was never offered a contract.

Lol @ T Mac trying to convince people Riley views him as some missing piece. Get your knee right son.

Sam Smith's "sources" also had Miami offering Wade and #2 for #1 in 2008. Better off listening to the wind

SinJackal
07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
"Sources say despite reports to the contrary now Miami tried repeatedly to get McGrady to sign and Pat Riley was calling McGrady daily."

stopped reading after this

Sorta like JO "chose" Boston over Miami when he was never offered a contract.

Lol @ T Mac trying to convince people Riley views him as some missing piece. Get your knee right son.

Sam Smith's "sources" also had Miami offering Wade and #2 for #1 in 2008. Better off listening to the wind

The Heat are missing a lot of "pieces", actually. They were calling a lot of players trying to get them to take less money to play for their supposed "guaranteed winning team".

Do you really think everyone Riley called agreed to play with the Heat for crap money and that nobody turned it down? Please.

plowking
07-26-2010, 10:06 PM
T-Mac's a bum. I'd rather we not sign him.

HiphopRelated
07-26-2010, 10:22 PM
The Heat are missing a lot of "pieces", actually. They were calling a lot of players trying to get them to take less money to play for their supposed "guaranteed winning team".

Do you really think everyone Riley called agreed to play with the Heat for crap money and that nobody turned it down? Please.
I'm not even going to encourage you with this "lots of pieces" stuff

I'm saying it's highly unlikely based on previous comments coming out of the team that someone like TMac(an injured past his prime star who is unlikely to quietly accept mostly DNP-CD and marginal minutes) is high on the list of priorities.

SinJackal
07-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I'm not even going to encourage you with this "lots of pieces" stuff

I'm saying it's highly unlikely based on previous comments coming out of the team that someone like TMac(an injured past his prime star who is unlikely to quietly accept mostly DNP-CD and marginal minutes) is high on the list of priorities.

For a team who will accept any halfway decent 35+ year old player to their team since they have no choice, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't be trying to get a 31 year old T-Mac to bolster their roster which severely lacks talent after their big 3.

HiphopRelated
07-26-2010, 10:42 PM
You don't seem to grasp this simple fact

Chalmers
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Anthony

Miller
Haslem
Arroyo
Z

TMac won't be getting minutes above anyone listed and might not get off the bench on most nights outside garbage time.

He's a broken down player who couldn't do anything last year. When/If the Heat adds another wing it will be a defender/shooter type like Barnes(someone who turned us down for LA)

VishaltotheG
07-26-2010, 10:44 PM
You don't seem to grasp this simple fact

Chalmers
Wade
Bron
Bosh
Anthony

Miller
Haslem
Arroyo
Z

TMac won't be getting minutes above anyone listed and might not get off the bench on most nights outside garbage time.

He's a broken down player who couldn't do anything last year. When/If the Heat adds another wing it will be a defender/shooter type like Barnes(someone who turned us down for LA)

What are you talking about? T-Mac can play the bench SG while Miller plays SF, or vice versa.

HiphopRelated
07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
What are you talking about? T-Mac can play the bench SG while Miller plays SF, or vice versa.
It's a rotation, they're not playing 11 guys a night

Chalmers(24)/Arroyo(20)/Wade(4)
Wade(32)/Miller(16)
Lebron(36)/Miller(12)

That's the perimeter rotation, I don't see who is losing minutes to TMac

opps
07-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Vegas also had the Cavs as the team LeBron was most likely going to end up with, then NY, then Chicago, then Miami on the last day.

The odds are that way because they expect people will have been dropping money on Miami. Not everyone is good at properly assessing the strengths and weaknesses of a team and predicting intelligently.

Even the smarters odds makers are incorrect nearly 50% of the time. You realize this, right? Don't put too much stock in that stuff. Assess the teams yourself, your own odds will probably be more accurate than the vegas odds.

:applause: :applause:

-M-I
07-26-2010, 11:53 PM
http://blogs.bulls.com/2010/07/it-seems-doubtful-the-bulls-have-mcgrady-in-their-future/

Yea I'm sure the Heat were going crazy over the thought of getting him

plowking
07-26-2010, 11:56 PM
With Chalmers playing a combo guard, Miller playing the SF spot, there is no room for T-Mac.

And I don't particularly want a guy who couldn't even be the third best player on that lousy Knicks team last year.

Micku
07-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Awesome. I'm liking this. The Miami Heat are bringing back the hated and competitive fueds. I hope they meet up in the playoffs.

bluechox
07-27-2010, 12:41 AM
tmac knows he can get a starting positon on the bulls

bluechox
07-27-2010, 01:07 AM
10 points a game at best

(e)
07-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Come on down TMac, there is enough depth that you can rest your knees for the Playoffs. Give him something like 20 minutes a game at the 2 spot.

Rose/Watson
Brewer/McGrady
Deng/Korver
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Thomas

Bulls have some nice depth. How about adding Rodger Mason as well?

kentatm
07-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Despite an on-court audition for team officials Monday that one source said raised no significant concerns about his physical condition, McGrady apparently has not convinced the Bulls that he is willing to embrace a secondary role, which is one of two key prerequisites the two-time scoring champ must satisfy to secure a deal from Chicago.

One source close to the process told ESPN.com that the prospect of Chicago signing McGrady was downgraded to "unlikely" after the workout and interview, with the Bulls saying they wanted more time to consider other options. Another source confirmed that the post-workout meeting between McGrady and Bulls' decision-makers did not clinch a deal, as McGrady had hoped.

ESPN.com reported Sunday that McGrady had to show Chicago that he was sufficiently healthy and, perhaps more importantly, eager to take on any role outlined by new Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau -- big or small -- to join a young, promising roster that already has 11 players.

After the workout at the Bulls' practice facility in Deerfield, Ill. --- in a manner that made it sound as though his signing was a virtual formality -- McGrady confirmed to the assembled media that going to Chicago is his first choice in free agency.

"This was a great team, a pretty good team, without adding myself and Carlos Boozer, and some of the key players that they added this offseason," McGrady said.

Yet McGrady, when asked about coming off the bench, seemed to suggest that he expects to be more than a role player in Chicago.

"I won't have a problem, but that's not what I'm really shooting for," McGrady said. "I think, yeah, if I was the player that I was in a Knicks uniform [at the end of last season], I would have no problem coming off the bench. But I've worked extremely hard and I'm far from being that player. Trust me.

"It's up to me in training camp," McGrady continued, "to prove I'm a starter."

..link (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5412508)

maybe they would rather have West?

HylianNightmare
07-27-2010, 01:46 AM
take them both

Go Getter
07-27-2010, 01:49 AM
McGrady is delusional.

I'd take West over him.

VishaltotheG
07-27-2010, 01:51 AM
OK we better sign Roger Mason then.

Glide2keva
07-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Not surprised.

Dude thinks he's still that guy. He is clearly beyond those glory days.

DirkLegend41
07-27-2010, 01:53 AM
T-Mac has become Penny Hardaway.

Glide2keva
07-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Odd that they wore the same number for the same team

Captain Kirk
07-27-2010, 02:03 AM
They should really shoot for West. I really don't see anything to be worried about with West.

Glide2keva
07-27-2010, 02:06 AM
He might want to bang Derrick's mom. Lol

rfoster24
07-27-2010, 02:10 AM
He speaks like he already knows he's made the team.

hawkfan
07-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Please T-Mac, come to Atlanta, Bring The Diesel along with you.

Marvin Williams had 2 points in 23 minutes in the final playoff game against Orlando. The reason had so few minutes was because he was so awful they pulled him.

Can you do better T-Mac? Can you earn a starting spot, with Mo Evans and Pop Sy backing you up?

You won't get much run in Chicago: Deng, Brewer, Korver at the wings.

Come to Atlanta. We can trade away Marvin Williams, and you will have the starting spot. Or if not, you can come off the bench for 20-28 minutes per night, and you will get minutes in the playoffs.

rfoster24
07-27-2010, 02:24 AM
he has everything left! no not really but bulls are dumb if they don't sign him.

Go Getter
07-27-2010, 02:36 AM
^yeah, what he said because i don't want you in the red and black.

Jordandunk23
07-27-2010, 02:45 AM
sad to see how far t-mac has fallen. his career seemed so unfulfilled and it does parallel that of penny hardaway.

i actually think the best case scenario for him is coming off the bench. t-mac is used to being the star. the way he was effective is by having the ball in his hands creating for himself and his teammates. he will not have that opportunity as a starter with rose and boozer being the main options on offense. and its not like he can contribute in any other way as a starter, he doesn't hustle, he doesn't play defense, he can rebound but he doesn't, he doesn't slash to the basket or really move well without the ball, and he is not an effective catch and shoot player they way korver is. I think coming off the bench will allow him to have the ball in his hands and control the offense. he needs to realize his glory days are over and he is lucky to just be able to play basketball.

eliteballer
07-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Microfracture takes 2 years to fully recover from, McGrady still has 7 months until he reaches that mark.

Lebron23
07-27-2010, 03:38 AM
..link (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5412508)

maybe they would rather have West?

Past His Prime Mcgrady is way better than West. He would be a great scorer of the bench.

King Lebron LBJ
07-27-2010, 03:44 AM

:oldlol: Laughable, Heat have a very high chance to win it all this year. Infact alot are picking them.

King Lebron LBJ
07-27-2010, 03:46 AM
oh i expect lebron/wade/bosh to gell just perfectly. the difference is the lakers bench rite now is deep as sht. u know this. the season the celtics took the championship, they were deep...the heat aren't going thru the entire season without an injury...one guy from that starting 5 goes down with a season ending injury...alarms will be set off.

Stop kidding yourself, Lakers bench isn't that much better than Miami's bench. Adding two average players doesn't make Lakers bench amazing. Depth doesn't matter a whole lot in the playoffs anyway.

Go Getter
07-27-2010, 03:51 AM
Past His Prime Mcgrady is way better than West. He would be a great scorer of the bench.
Like he was for the Knicks?

Lebron23
07-27-2010, 03:52 AM
Like he was for the Knicks?

The Knicks sucked last year.

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 03:57 AM
That's too bad. Bulls should be signing T-Mac asap. The guy clearly wants to play for the Bulls at reduced pay, is very eager to play with the Bulls, clearly wants to win, and has made no bones about wanting to play for the Bulls. People are acting like he's washed up. . .he's not. He's 31, barely. He has not "broken down", he just had one injury which he has all but 100% proven he's recovered from.

As T-Mac said, he wouldn't mind coming off the bench with limited play if he was the player he was the player he was in NY, but he's worked hard to get back into form. I think he's worth a shot. He's been saying and doing all the right things this offseason. And the instant returns of T-Mac are far too good to just pass up. Deng is not better than T-Mac pre-injury. T-Mac plays SF and SG very well. There's no reason to not add a 3pt shooter who can drive, create, and hit big shots. He also steps up in the playoffs. He has never NOT done so, ever.

Bulls, please don't screw this up like the other FAs you've screwed up signing since Jordan left. Get T-Mac. He's back. The prophecy will be fufilled if you sign him! Come on! Damn.

Microfracture takes 2 years to fully recover from, McGrady still has 7 months until he reaches that mark.

18 months actually, give or take. So he's 1 month away, or already healed.

Agreed x2. Plus he can start when Deng or Brewer inevitably gets injured, or have increased play when Boozer inevitably gets injured. Seriously, there's no reason to not sign T-Mac besides this whole fear of him wanting 5 extra minutes of play, or the role of starter with same minutes of play he'd be getting anyway.

Dude is good. He will sell jerseys, he will make fans even more excited about the Bulls. Rose wants him. Signing him gives the Bulls a swagger that they can beat any team. All this, at a discounted price!! Win/win situation.

Lebron23
07-27-2010, 04:09 AM
13/5/3

lukekarts
07-27-2010, 04:13 AM
i think the bulls have a realistic chance 2 beat the heat in the playoffs. they matchup extremely well and i see boozer abusing that skinny little stick bosh

As if Bosh won't have the same impact on Boozer at the other end...

Last time they played, Boozer fouled out and Bosh took 10 FT's; the time before, Bosh dropped 32 points 17 rebounds on the Jazz...

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 04:18 AM
I can see him putting up 15/4/4 a game on 42-45% shooting. If the Bulls sign him, he won't be the focal point of the offense and will rarely be doubled and will have open shots, so I could see him shooting 45%.

Good addition to any team even if he isn't 100%, and is 80% and getting better with increased minutes as the season goes along.

WadeBoshBest
07-27-2010, 04:18 AM
I'd rather see Tmac on the Bulls, he's more likely to get more playing time there.

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 04:19 AM

As if Bosh won't have the same impact on Boozer at the other end...

Last time they played, Boozer fouled out and Bosh took 10 FT's; the time before, Bosh dropped 32 points 17 rebounds on the Jazz...

*In the regular season* yes.

Bosh chokes in the playoffs while Boozer shines.

plowking
07-27-2010, 04:28 AM

:oldlol:

Just like this last season right? :oldlol:
I don't know how many easy baskets Gasol got that series.

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 04:35 AM
:oldlol:

Just like this last season right? :oldlol:
I don't know how many easy baskets Gasol got that series.

The Lakers have 3 bigs they throw at people, Boozer got no rest having to always D' up someone who can score at all times. That's why LA is so successful. How do you not know this?

You're also comparing Gasol to Boozer, Bosh is not Gasol. The Heat's bigs are nowhere near the overwhelming power of the Lakers' bigs. Gasol + his backup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bosh and the lame bigs the Heat have. By FAR. FAR!

Also, Boozer career playoff stats: 20/13/3. 50% FG%.

Last season: 20/13/3. 53% FG%.

Consistantly good.

Bosh playoff stats: 20/9/3, 43% FG%. Gets torched on D'.

vinsane01
07-27-2010, 04:38 AM
If this is true, then i have much more respect now for tmac as a basketball player than i have for the charlie's angels..err riley's angels. :lol

lukekarts
07-27-2010, 04:40 AM

Boozer is exactly the same player in the playoffs. Bosh last went there 3 years ago, before his prime. He's never had anyone even remotely close to Wade & LeBron on his team.

You can't assume anything based on out-of-date information without having seen this team play.

MrMAgic023
07-27-2010, 06:23 AM

Rose/Watson
McGrady/Brewer
Deng/Korver/Johnson
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Thomas/Asik

did ne1 c this http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5412508

bulls might not be sure if T-Mac is going to accept as an bench/role player

Go Getter
07-27-2010, 06:45 AM
The Knicks sucked last year.
What does that have to do with T-Mac's durability and individual performance/attitude?

plowking
07-27-2010, 06:49 AM
What does that have to do with T-Mac's durability and individual performance/attitude?

He sucked on a sucky team, meaning he sucks? :confusedshrug:

And lol at those suggesting T-Mac now is better than Delonte West. :oldlol:

Go Getter
07-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Even before his decline T-Mac didn't like to hustle or drive to the hoop against players that he seemingly could beat off the bounce with ease.

I hope Gar & Pax don't invest in Tracy.

HiphopRelated
07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
I can see him putting up 15/4/4 a game on 42-45% shooting. If the Bulls sign him, he won't be the focal point of the offense and will rarely be doubled and will have open shots, so I could see him shooting 45%.

Good addition to any team even if he isn't 100%, and is 80% and getting better with increased minutes as the season goes along.
TMac's been above 42% once in the last 5 years. I doubt the version with no lift is getting there.

You're deciding to put this much faith in a guy that hasn't shown anything in years. That's the difference between expectations.

If Riley rolls dice on Mac, he's a minimal contributor that doesn't get off the bench most nights...you're relying on 15 ppg.

really?

knickballer
07-27-2010, 10:04 AM
T-mac should come off the bench as a 6th man. Chicago's stating lineup looks really balanced with Rose/Korver/Deng/Boozer/Noah. They'll need Korver's shooting ability. T-mac will come off the bench and play 30minutes, backing up Rose and Korver. He can probably average 14ppg

Rose/T-mac
Korver/T-mac/Brewer
Deng/Brewer
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

niko
07-27-2010, 10:26 AM
T-mac should come off the bench as a 6th man. Chicago's stating lineup looks really balanced with Rose/Korver/Deng/Boozer/Noah. They'll need Korver's shooting ability. T-mac will come off the bench and play 30minutes, backing up Rose and Korver. He can probably average 14ppg

Rose/T-mac
Korver/T-mac/Brewer
Deng/Brewer
Boozer/Gibson
Noah

you're a knick fan, you saw him last year, what makes you think he wants to be a 6th man?

Pharcyde
07-27-2010, 11:42 AM
http://blogs.bulls.com/2010/07/it-seems-doubtful-the-bulls-have-mcgrady-in-their-future/

Sam Smith doesn't think we get him, apparently he limped some during the workout.

D-Rose
07-27-2010, 01:48 PM
What an idiot. Just take the bench role you moron. No other team even wants you in a major role.

He should just retire or play overseas at this point IMO.

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Boozer is exactly the same player in the playoffs. Bosh last went there 3 years ago, before his prime. He's never had anyone even remotely close to Wade & LeBron on his team.

You can't assume anything based on out-of-date information without having seen this team play.

How is last year's playoffs out of date information? Boozer's been in the playoffs every year now for years, and been good every time. Bosh has sucked. The information is as up to date as possible.

You're the only person assuming things without having seen the Heat play yet. rofl. I'm going on what each player has already done. Not guessing that Bosh is going to somehow improve dramatically just because he's playing on a team without any other big men who can score at even an average rate.

TMac's been above 42% once in the last 5 years. I doubt the version with no lift is getting there.

You're deciding to put this much faith in a guy that hasn't shown anything in years. That's the difference between expectations.

If Riley rolls dice on Mac, he's a minimal contributor that doesn't get off the bench most nights...you're relying on 15 ppg.

really?

Did I say he was going to the Heat and scoring 15 ppg? No, I didn't. McGracy has publicly said he didn't want to play for the Heat, so that arguably not even an option.

I was more talking about if he signs for the Bulls, or a non contending team. Yes, McGrady hasn't shot over 42% in awhile, but that's because he's been injured. Before injury, he only shot below 42% ONE time, the whole while having to take a lot of contested shots. It's easily and very likely possible he'll shoot 42% or higher when he's not the focal point of the offense.

You convieniently forget McGrady had a major injury that takes almost two years to recover from. The dude is only 31, and hasn't put much wear and tear on his body over the last couple years. He isn't "done" at all.

Riley can't "roll the dice" on T-Mac since T-Mac doesn't want those "dice" in Riley's hands. T-Mac doesn't like what the Heat have done.

Tarik One
07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
:oldlol: @ at Sam Smith being a reliable source

HiphopRelated
07-27-2010, 06:10 PM
How is last year's playoffs out of date information? Boozer's been in the playoffs every year now for years, and been good every time. Bosh has sucked. The information is as up to date as possible.

You're the only person assuming things without having seen the Heat play yet. rofl. I'm going on what each player has already done. Not guessing that Bosh is going to somehow improve dramatically just because he's playing on a team without any other big men who can score at even an average rate.

Did I say he was going to the Heat and scoring 15 ppg? No, I didn't. McGracy has publicly said he didn't want to play for the Heat, so that arguably not even an option.

I was more talking about if he signs for the Bulls, or a non contending team. Yes, McGrady hasn't shot over 42% in awhile, but that's because he's been injured. Before injury, he only shot below 42% ONE time, the whole while having to take a lot of contested shots. It's easily and very likely possible he'll shoot 42% or higher when he's not the focal point of the offense.

You convieniently forget McGrady had a major injury that takes almost two years to recover from. The dude is only 31, and hasn't put much wear and tear on his body over the last couple years. He isn't "done" at all.

Riley can't "roll the dice" on T-Mac since T-Mac doesn't want those "dice" in Riley's hands. T-Mac doesn't like what the Heat have done.
What part can't you comprehend? I never said anything about 15 ppg on the Heat, and never said you did either.

I said if TMac went to the Heat he doesn't get off the bench on most nights. He overvalues himself and still believes he's a starter. If we called him the conversation started and ended for both sides there. You were the one talking about how Miami "needs" whatever talent McGrady supposedly possesses at this stage

The expectations for the teams are different.

my expectations on Heat: garbage time
Your expectation on Bulls : 15 ppg

You have nothing to base your arbitrary 15ppg on for the Bulls. You have nothing to base his supposed health on except on the words of someone hoping to latch on for a min contract. If TMac is on the floor long enough to avg 15 ppg, a team is likely in deep sh1t.

Your own squad doesn't believe in him. I really don't see the point of championing his cause.

I already told you the credibility with me went out the window @ "Sam Smith"

Pharcyde
07-27-2010, 06:39 PM
:oldlol: @ at Sam Smith being a reliable source

He's an idiot but he doesn't make anything up on where the Bulls interests are.

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
What part can't you comprehend? I never said anything about 15 ppg on the Heat, and never said you did either.

I said if TMac went to the Heat he doesn't get off the bench on most nights. He overvalues himself and still believes he's a starter. If we called him the conversation started and ended for both sides there. You were the one talking about how Miami "needs" whatever talent McGrady supposedly possesses at this stage

The expectations for the teams are different.

my expectations on Heat: garbage time
Your expectation on Bulls : 15 ppg

You have nothing to base your arbitrary 15ppg on for the Bulls. You have nothing to base his supposed health on except on the words of someone hoping to latch on for a min contract. If TMac is on the floor long enough to avg 15 ppg, a team is likely in deep sh1t.

Your own squad doesn't believe in him. I really don't see the point of championing his cause.

I already told you the credibility with me went out the window @ "Sam Smith"

T-Mac wouldn't get off the bench much because he plays the same positions as LeBron and Wade, the best players on the team, both of which plays 36-41 minutes per game. Compared to a team where he'd be spelling Ronnie Brewer and Luol Deng. . .obviously he'd get more playing time.

That doesn't mean that he's somehow a shitty player just because the Heat already have two of the best 3 wing position players in the NBA already on their team, and wouldn't play much if he was on the Heat because of that. That would be like saying Wade is a shitty player because he wouldn't get much playing time if he was on the Lakers. Extremely worthless point by you.

15 points isn't baseless? He's scored less than 15 PPG once in the last 11 years, when he was injured and barely played a couple dozen games. 10 years of 15-32 PPG vs half an injury-riddeled season of less than that, is hardly baseless.

As for your failed attempt at trying to discredit me over Sam Smith, Sam Smith sucks because of his opinions, not because of posting what he's heard from the front office. I've yet to see you post something worth reading here.

HiphopRelated
07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
T-Mac wouldn't get off the bench much because he plays the same positions as LeBron and Wade, the best players on the team, both of which plays 36-41 minutes per game. Compared to a team where he'd be spelling Ronnie Brewer and Luol Deng. . .obviously he'd get more playing time.

That doesn't mean that he's somehow a shitty player just because the Heat already have two of the best 3 wing position players in the NBA already on their team, and wouldn't play much if he was on the Heat because of that. That would be like saying Wade is a shitty player because he wouldn't get much playing time if he was on the Lakers. Extremely worthless point by you.

15 points isn't baseless? He's scored less than 15 PPG once in the last 11 years, when he was injured and barely played a couple dozen games. 10 years of 15-32 PPG vs half an injury-riddeled season of less than that, is hardly baseless.

As for your failed attempt at trying to discredit me over Sam Smith, Sam Smith sucks because of his opinions, not because of posting what he's heard from the front office. I've yet to see you post something worth reading here.
I said the article's credibility was lost @ Sam Smith. The supposed Riley calling over and over?..gimme a break. You just lost credibility off bad arguments.

The point is he won't beat out Mike Miller for minutes. That's the point, you're being dense. I already said the reason he "prefers" the Bulls is because he'll actually play because of your weak perimeter rotation. You were the one saying Miami would be happy to get him because we're supposedly desperate for pieces. You can't base an argument on a team being "desperate" for a 12th man.

You think he wants the Bulls because he wants to "take down" the Heat. The real reason is he's trying to resurrect his career and the interested teams are a very short list.

I asked you what indication you have that he's healthy to base your prediction on. Still can't answer that because all anyone has is his mouth. That's usually the last to go on an athlete.

Just take your loss and keep it moving

brantonli
07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I saw a post that really made sense. The Bull's new coach is Tom Thibodeau right? And he was with the Rockets for a good 3-4 years, so he must know McGrady pretty well and can see past his words.

SinJackal
07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I said the article's credibility was lost @ Sam Smith. The supposed Riley calling over and over?..gimme a break. You just lost credibility off bad arguments.

The point is he won't beat out Mike Miller for minutes. That's the point, you're being dense. I already said the reason he "prefers" the Bulls is because he'll actually play because of your weak perimeter rotation. You were the one saying Miami would be happy to get him because we're supposedly desperate for pieces. You can't base an argument on a team being "desperate" for a 12th man.

You think he wants the Bulls because he wants to "take down" the Heat. The real reason is he's trying to resurrect his career and the interested teams are a very short list.

I asked you what indication you have that he's healthy to base your prediction on. Still can't answer that because all anyone has is his mouth. That's usually the last to go on an athlete.

Just take your loss and keep it moving

You do realize, many people were reporting Riley contacting him repeatedly? MANY sources. Those sources were not Sam Smith.

You only wish it's not true since you're a bandwagon douche.

You keep talking about the Heat and McGrady having minutes there, nobody is talking about T-Mac getting 20-25 minutes on the Heat. Only you are. So everything you are arguing about the Heat is only taking place in your mind. Nobody else is talking about it besides you. Hence, everything you constantly keep saying about it is pointless, seeing as how you're the only one talking about it.

Miami has been desperate for pieces. Look who they've signed. Other than Miller, not exactly big names even in the field of roleplayers.

Your hilarious and of course, completely bogus argument about T-Mac wanting to play for the Bulls to ressurect his career is a complete laugh. T-Mac will not be getting time over Luol Deng, and the Bulls have signed both Brewer and Korver to decently sized contracts to lock up their SG spot. He was directly told he would not be a starter if he played for Chicago, and told straight up that he wouldn't be signed if he expected anything more than a bench role.

The Bulls are one of the worst places he could go if he wanted to be considered a star player again. He would be better served going to the Clippers since he'd actually get enough minutes to put up decent numbers.

So once again, just like with every post you make elsewhere, you bring nothing to the table but your bias, and are wrong about everything.

plowking
07-27-2010, 10:17 PM

That's fine and all, though he was never offered anything here in the first place. It's like me saying I don't want to play for the Yankees. Good for me and all, though I was never close to getting a contract so it really doesn't matter what I say.

What are you missing?

Blackisbig
07-27-2010, 10:31 PM

Stand by what I said on page three. This guy would be a bad signing for the Bulls, and they'd be better off sticking with what they've got IMO.

ReturnofJPR
07-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Why did a rumor get stickied? WTF :wtf:

HiphopRelated
07-28-2010, 08:48 AM
You do realize, many people were reporting Riley contacting him repeatedly? MANY sources. Those sources were not Sam Smith.

You only wish it's not true since you're a bandwagon douche.

You keep talking about the Heat and McGrady having minutes there, nobody is talking about T-Mac getting 20-25 minutes on the Heat. Only you are. So everything you are arguing about the Heat is only taking place in your mind. Nobody else is talking about it besides you. Hence, everything you constantly keep saying about it is pointless, seeing as how you're the only one talking about it.

Miami has been desperate for pieces. Look who they've signed. Other than Miller, not exactly big names even in the field of roleplayers.

Your hilarious and of course, completely bogus argument about T-Mac wanting to play for the Bulls to ressurect his career is a complete laugh. T-Mac will not be getting time over Luol Deng, and the Bulls have signed both Brewer and Korver to decently sized contracts to lock up their SG spot. He was directly told he would not be a starter if he played for Chicago, and told straight up that he wouldn't be signed if he expected anything more than a bench role.

The Bulls are one of the worst places he could go if he wanted to be considered a star player again. He would be better served going to the Clippers since he'd actually get enough minutes to put up decent numbers.

So once again, just like with every post you make elsewhere, you bring nothing to the table but your bias, and are wrong about everything.
find these "many sources" and I'll leave this thread. You don't get it. The only person claiming this is Sam Smith yet you keep championing it. So Sam Smith who has never been right about the Heat is someone I'm supposed to believe? Not happening. I'm more willing to believe that Mac is trying to leak "interest" to build his own stock. Riley runs a very tight ship, Heat beat writers barely get any "exclusives".

I could tell you before the workout how it would go. I could tell you he would want to start. If he thought he couldn't beat out Ronnie Brewer who is a subpar player himself, he wouldn't have worked out in the first place. Whatever they saw, wasn't enough, which is why I still don't get why you're arguing.

Heat took a flyer on Fisher and pursued Barnes. Those are the 2 major "losses". An average at best pg(but good vet) and a guy that would be in the same situation as TMac.

The Heat's top 5 players all left 8 figures on the table they could have gotten somewhere else. That's who took less.

The team's top 9 is already set unless some spectacular player comes along.

If you're criticizing who the team got, say who they missed out on.

You haven't made ONE valid point..seriously

Pharcyde
07-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Brewer isn't sub par.

eflat
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
McGrady being asked to take a non-guaranteed contract, so if he acts up or doesn't like the pine, he can be cut. That's funny.

LMS4
07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Hmm, I like the line up. Well if they sign him, i'll be on the look out for the Bulls. Anyone know McGrady's age; i'm curious.

detotronix
07-28-2010, 11:08 PM

L.Kizzle
07-29-2010, 12:12 AM
:confusedshrug:

Chalkmaze
07-29-2010, 02:23 AM
Anyone know McGrady's age; i'm curious. 31

SinJackal
07-29-2010, 02:27 AM
Just turned 31 after the season, that is. He got the knee injury when he was 28, and has been recovering from it since. This is why I feel he will bounce back. Dude isn't old.

brantonli
07-29-2010, 03:41 AM
Doesn't it concern you if he's been recovering from a knee injury for 3 years?

SinJackal
07-29-2010, 05:32 AM
1 1/2 years. But no, not really concerned at all. The spot he'd be stepping in to isn't all that important unless Deng goes down with some injury again.

Let me put it this way. If Roger Mason, Eddie House, Keith Bogans, and T-Mac were all equally productive, and cost the same amount of money, I would want T-Mac because it's T-Mac. I would always rather see a big name guy playing than some borderline scrub guy playing even if they're equally productive.

Quickz
07-29-2010, 09:17 AM
1 1/2 years. But no, not really concerned at all. The spot he'd be stepping in to isn't all that important unless Deng goes down with some injury again.

Let me put it this way. If Roger Mason, Eddie House, Keith Bogans, and T-Mac were all equally productive, and cost the same amount of money, I would want T-Mac because it's T-Mac. I would always rather see a big name guy playing than some borderline scrub guy playing even if they're equally productive.

Ya but a big name guy who wants to be a starter and could possibly be a cancer and cause a ton of drama. Or a guy who understands what his role is and knows what coming off the bench means and can accept that.

I would rather take the other guy who doesn't have a big same but accepted his role better.

creamanshrimp
07-29-2010, 08:02 PM
why is this stickied? no1s even lookin at this thread