PDA

View Full Version : John Wall's Potential

Boogaboog
07-25-2010, 09:34 PM
How long until he's better than Rose, if ever?

Sarcastic
07-25-2010, 09:43 PM
In b4 "heavy legged".

creamanshrimp
07-25-2010, 10:09 PM
will never be better than rose/10

MasterDurant24
07-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Should be a bonafide hall of famer. But so might Rose.

EoJ
07-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Dragic > Wall

chips93
07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
hes better than rose was at this point in his career(that is not having played a single nba game, with a better jump shot)

rfoster24
07-25-2010, 10:50 PM
He won't ever be as good as Rose. Rose is more athletic and can control his speed.

VishaltotheG
07-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Derrick Rose at best, prime Derek Fisher at worst.

aem
07-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Ok their games must be identical because people on this thread love starting "Will John Wall be better than Derrick Rose" threads.

Why arent we comparing him to D Will or CP3 or Rondo for that matter.

Positive
07-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Derrick Rose at best, prime Derek Fisher at worst.

I don't see this at all, I feel like his game's way closer to someone like Nick Van Exel rather than Fisher.

DC Zephyrs
07-25-2010, 11:44 PM
As a Wizards fan I may be biased, but I've always seen Wall as a better PG prospect than Rose, even before we got the #1 pick. Like Rose, he's an elite athlete who can score, but he's also a natural playmaker and plays with a pass fist mentality. His game is part Wade, part Rondo. He's a guy who doesn't have to score 20 every night to have a big impact on the game, although he might end up doing that anyways.

That's not to say he'll actually be better than Rose. Rose has already proven himself in the NBA, and Wall hasn't. But coming out of college, I didn't see the same potential in Rose as I do in Wall, and I liked Rose a lot.

TheTruth11
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Funny how Rose is the standard for Wall to try to aspire to. Rose is the goal

I think that says more about Rose than Wall. It says how great Rose is

creamanshrimp
07-26-2010, 12:08 AM
As a Wizards fan I may be biased, but I've always seen Wall as a better PG prospect than Rose, even before we got the #1 pick. Like Rose, he's an elite athlete who can score, but he's also a natural playmaker and plays with a pass fist mentality. His game is part Wade, part Rondo. He's a guy who doesn't have to score 20 every night to have a big impact on the game, although he might end up doing that anyways.

That's not to say he'll actually be better than Rose. Rose has already proven himself in the NBA, and Wall hasn't. But coming out of college, I didn't see the same potential in Rose as I do in Wall, and I liked Rose a lot.

uve obviously never seen a bulls game b4. derrick never look 2 score he jus always has the oppurtunity 2 hes unguardable

DC Zephyrs
07-26-2010, 12:25 AM
uve obviously never seen a bulls game b4. derrick never look 2 score he jus always has the oppurtunity 2 hes unguardable

I'm not saying Rose is selfish or doesn't pass. But he hasn't shown that he's a natural playmaker in the way that Paul, Williams, and Nash are. I think Wall will end up being that type of player, while Rose will continue to be more of a scoring PG.

Go Getter
07-26-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm not saying Rose is selfish or doesn't pass. But he hasn't shown that he's a natural playmaker in the way that Paul, Williams, and Nash are. I think Wall will end up being that type of player, while Rose will continue to be more of a scoring PG.
So Wall having tons of turnovers trying to make impossible passes and being sloppy lead you to believe he will be a natural playmaker?

Or it because his low field goal percentage means that to hype him up his passing ability has to be overstated?

Any PG in SL that had McGee would have racked up easy assists he was by far the most athletic big man there.

OnceInADECADE
07-26-2010, 12:51 AM
not this again.

Wall and Rose and Westbrook all have the same amount of potential. Who ever say Wall is better than Rose at the same age must be smoking up some OG Kush REAL TALKS BRO!!

OnceInADECADE
07-26-2010, 12:54 AM
So Wall having tons of turnovers trying to make impossible passes and being sloppy lead you to believe he will be a natural playmaker?

Or it because his low field goal percentage means that to hype him up his passing ability has to be overstated?

Any PG in SL that had McGee would have racked up easy assists he was by far the most athletic big man there.

McGee :bowdown: :bowdown:

rich men tyson chandler

brandonislegend
07-26-2010, 01:45 AM
Potential? Best point guard of all-time on both ends of the court.

Go Getter
07-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Wall will never be as dominant on defense as GP, Dennis Johnson, or Mo Cheeks.

It's a different game now.

entropy35
07-26-2010, 01:49 AM
true dat

brandonislegend
07-26-2010, 01:50 AM
Wall will never be as dominant on defense as GP, Dennis Johnson, or Mo Cheeks.

It's a different game now.

He will be better offensively...I meant whole package.

Go Getter
07-26-2010, 01:51 AM
He will be better offensively...I meant whole package.
I can only go by what you said which is best at both ends of the court which is as far fetched as me making an NBA roster next year.

Boogaboog
04-10-2016, 10:03 PM
:banana:

IllegalD
04-10-2016, 10:10 PM
:banana:

Wizards are out of the playoffs.

I wouldn't be celebrating so much if I was you.

Even a gimpy Rose made it farther in the playoffs than Wall ever will. :roll: