PDA

View Full Version : Why do people think Wade's career will be over in 6 years?

lacasner
07-30-2010, 07:54 PM
The guy is in his 8th season coming up. While Kobe is in his 13th. Kobe has logged significantly more minutes when you factor in all the finals he's played in, not to mention that he's had to carry the load for his team through all these years.

Why is everyone so certain that Wade will break down in his 13th season, when a guy like Kobe who's logged much more minutes is still as skilled as ever? Especially now that he won't have to bear all the burden, I can see him easily being a force well into his mid 30's. If Miami is able to keep this core together, and conserve their energy like Boston did over the regular season, what will stop them from increasing their level of play in the playoffs, when it actually matters?

I mean, Wade was sidelined because of injury a decent amount of time. Riley basically shut him down during that 15 win season. He hasn't had any permanent knee or ankle damage, so his legs (the most important body part to keep strong for an NBA player) should remain in tact for many years to come. If anything, if he plays smart, he can stay an effective player for another 9 years or so. (effective implying a major contributor).

I mean, I envision Kobe playing at a high level for 3 more seasons at least. He should be 35/36 by then, and as we all know he's the primary load carrier for his team, while Wade won't have that burden.

I guess the point I'm trying to emphasize is that, barring injuries, this Miami Heat team will pretty much be a title contender for the next 8/9 years. Even if they don't really have the draft picks to restock their roster.

Lakers13
07-30-2010, 08:03 PM
I think they refer to his style of play. He's like a pinball with no outside game.

lacasner
If the lockout really happens though, that will be a big blow to these guys who are clearly in mentality of stacking rings. Hopefully, just for the sake of exciting matchups and seeing Lakers v. Heat for the coming years while Kobe is still dominant, that won't happen.

PowerGlove
Because someone said so and enough people kept repeating it.

I have read so much trash here(and contributed some of my own) that I wouldn't really take anything seriously from anyone.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:04 PM
I think they refer to his style of play. He's like a pinball with no outside game.

You should have watched the celtics series this year. He was draining 3's and midrange jumpers like a possessed man. He averaged like 33.5 ppg on 56% shooting.

eliteballer
07-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Pure stupidity. A contender for 8-9 years? You know how much extra mileage long playoff runs put on legs, not to mention cutting down on offseason recovery time? Wade turns 29 early in the coming season. Dudes game is completely reliant on athletic ability. He wont be the same player in 2 years. LeBron is going into what his 8th season? Has played 40+ minutes a game since he was 19 and is also reliant on athletic ability. 8-9 years:roll:

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Pure stupidity. A contender for 8-9 years? You know how much extra mileage long playoff runs put on legs, not to mention cutting down on offseason recovery time? Wade turns 29 early in the coming season. Dudes game is completely reliant on athletic ability. He wont be the same player in 2 years. LeBron is going into what his 8th season? Has played 40+ minutes a game since he was 19 and is also reliant on athletic ability. 8-9 years:roll:

I noticed "Biased Kobe fan" under your username. You're analysis pretty much confirmed that you are one, but I just wanted to let you know that if you find credibility for your opinion somewhere, just let me know.

Lebron already stated that he didn't like the idea of being 31 with bad knees. We can pretty much agree that he won't be able to sustain 250 lbs of weight and expect to keep his knees in great condition, especially considering how much he relies on his vertical game. However, let's assume that his workload will be cut in half this year from what it was. How can you possibly say that these conditions will yield the same results as if he was the sole game dominator, alone on some other team?

RDavis31
07-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Six years is a long time.

eliteballer
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Why dont you try actually refuting what I said. A contender for 8-9 years.:lol :wtf:

brwnman
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM

Which is hilarious, because his game is so multi-dimensional. He can score in multiple ways...

VishaltotheG
07-30-2010, 08:10 PM
In 6 years Wade will be a Ray Allen type but without the superb 3 point shooting and with better defense.

game3524
07-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Wade style of play may cut his career short, he may be a 10 year player who hits the wall when he turns 30.

Guys who smaller and rely on quickiness usually fall off by the time they are 32 at the latest.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Six years is a long time.

True, but surely you must acknolwedge that having 2 other superstar players on his team will allow him to preserve his body for the long run. I mean, for every drive Lebron does into the paint, that's one less that Wade needs to do. For every bucket that Bosh gets, that's one less that Wade would have needed to get last year.

In the past, every time Wade split the pick and roll double team at the 3 point line, he would go in with full force and try to slam it home. I don't think he'll lose that ability as he ages, but instead of dunking it he'll probably use his long arms to cleverly lay it up or something.

Sure, he'll never be as good a jump shooter as Kobe, but he's not that far away. Just look at the statistics.

RDavis31
07-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Who knows whats going to happen. Its possible that this experiment blows up in Miami. If i were to guess I'd say Wade ends up like Iverson. They both take tons of contact and that made iverson slow down a lot faster. It's possible that LeBron and Co. will take pressure off Wade but again we don't know whats gonna happen. Also injurys, etc.

game3524
07-30-2010, 08:15 PM
I noticed "Biased Kobe fan" under your username. You're analysis pretty much confirmed that you are one, but I just wanted to let you know that if you find credibility for your opinion somewhere, just let me know.

Lebron already stated that he didn't like the idea of being 31 with bad knees. We can pretty much agree that he won't be able to sustain 250 lbs of weight and expect to keep his knees in great condition, especially considering how much he relies on his vertical game. However, let's assume that his workload will be cut in half this year from what it was. How can you possibly say that these conditions will yield the same results as if he was the sole game dominator, alone on some other team?

It is still stupid to say they can contend for 8-9 years, the OP is right high schools players generally don't age well, and Wade's style isn't going to translate into a long extend career, Bosh should be fine, but he isn't going to carry them when they get older.The core is good for 5-6 years at the most.

opps
07-30-2010, 08:16 PM
True, but surely you must acknolwedge that having 2 other superstar players on his team will allow him to preserve his body for the long run. I mean, for every drive Lebron does into the paint, that's one less that Wade needs to do. For every bucket that Bosh gets, that's one less that Wade would have needed to get last year.

In the past, every time Wade split the pick and roll double team at the 3 point line, he would go in with full force and try to slam it home. I don't think he'll lose that ability as he ages, but instead of dunking it he'll probably use his long arms to cleverly lay it up or something.

Sure, he'll never be as good a jump shooter as Kobe, but he's not that far away. Just look at the statistics.

Ok going with your arguement should Kobe be good for 5+ years then if he played with superstars his whole career?

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Ok going with your arguement should Kobe be good for 5+ years then if he played with superstars his whole career?

If you take out Artest and replace him with Lebron James, then yes.

Kobe+ Lebron + Pau is not too far off from Wade Lebron and Bosh. I think the results would/will be similar.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:19 PM
It is still stupid to say they can contend for 8-9 years, the OP is right high schools players generally don't age well, and Wade's style isn't going to translate into a long extend career, Bosh should be fine, but he isn't going to carry them when they get older.The core is good for 5-6 years at the most.

Right, his current style. But you're telling me he won't be able to adapt to changing conditions in his body? You'd have to be completely ignorant to assume that.

opps
07-30-2010, 08:20 PM

Kobe+ Lebron + Pau is not too far off from Wade Lebron and Bosh. I think the results would/will be similar.

:wtf: no I mean his whole career Shaq,Gasol,etc. With your arguement the only mileage done on his body were the years he was without Shaq or Gasol, 2005-2008.

Bottom line is it doesnt matter who Wade is playing with his style of play is not going to give him a long effective career

LA_Showtime
07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't see why Wade can't adjust, but he'll be far from dominant in 2016. Still, if James develops a low post game, Wade becomes a point guard, and Bosh stays roughly the same, then I don't see why the Heat won't be contending for championships, especially since they'll have more opportunities to put pieces around those guys.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:24 PM
:wtf: no I mean his whole career Shaq,Gasol,etc. With your arguement the only mileage done on his body were the years he was without Shaq or Gasol, 2005-2008.

Bottom line is it doesnt matter who Wade is playing with his style of play is not going to give him a long effective career

Ok my bad. Even in the shaq days, Kobe bore all the burden of driving to the rim and getting hit. He's never had another elite perimeter player to do that with him on the Lakers. And no, I didn't use the word "only", so I don't know why you stupidly invoked that word.

It's just common sense. If you play with better players, you don't need to exert as much energy to win the game. Consequently, you better preserve your body in the long run. I don't see how you don't understand this.

game3524
07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Right, his current style. But you're telling me he won't be able to adapt to changing conditions in his body? You'd have to be completely ignorant to assume that.

Kobe started to adjust his game in his 9th-10th season. Wade is an Allen Iverson type player where they play reckless, he may be differant, but history isn't kinda to smaller players who rely on their athletic abilities.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Kobe started to adjust his game in his 9th-10th season. Wade is an Allen Iverson type player where they play reckless, he may be differant, but history isn't kinda to smaller players who rely on their athletic abilities.

Wade is 6'4" barefoot, 220 lbs, with a 6'11" wingspan. AI is 5'11" and 170 lbs. Hardly the same scenario.

opps
07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't see why Wade can't adjust, but he'll be far from dominant in 2016. Still, if James develops a low post game, Wade becomes a point guard, and Bosh stays roughly the same, then I don't see why the Heat won't be contending for championships, especially since they'll have more opportunities to put pieces around those guys.

Thats alot of ifs.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Thats alot of ifs.

But are they unreasonable?

I mean, if Dwade can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3xNpyKwsak, can we really assume that Lebron won't be able to learn? I just can't believe that.

game3524
07-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Wade is 6'4" barefoot, 220 lbs, with a 6'11" wingspan. AI is 5'11" and 170 lbs. Hardly the same scenario.

Not size, but style of play. They both thrived at attacking the rim because they were quicker then everyone else, once Wade's quickness is gone he may not be able to dominate, because he is still a bit undersize for the 2-guard spot, and kids today are getting bigger and quicker.

Wade is just not a guy who is going to be the same player in his 12, 13th season etc.

The_Yearning
07-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Wade isn't good enough to adjust his game and maintain that high level of play like Kobe.

There is only one Kobe sorry to say.

PowerGlove
07-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Not size, but style of play. They both thrived at attacking the rim because they were quicker then everyone else, once Wade's quickness is gone he may not be able to dominate, because he is still a bit undersize for the 2-guard spot.

Wade is just not a guy who is going to be the same player in his 12, 13th season etc.

Wade is a better passer playmaker and the size advantage will keep him in the L longer. I see what you're saying, but I wouldn't assume that he'll play the same style and not improve his shooting the rest of his career.

opps
07-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok my bad. Even in the shaq days, Kobe bore all the burden of driving to the rim and getting hit. He's never had another elite perimeter player to do that with him on the Lakers. And no, I didn't use the word "only", so I don't know why you stupidly invoked that word.

It's just common sense. If you play with better players, you don't need to exert as much energy to win the game. Consequently, you better preserve your body in the long run. I don't see how you don't understand this.

You dont see how you contradict yourself. Shaq lived in the post.

Going with your logic Kobe should be good for years to come bc hes played with Gasol,Shaq,etc. But obviously this is not the case. If the Heat are going to be effective Wade wont be playing out of the post.

Lakers13
07-30-2010, 08:34 PM
You should have watched the celtics series this year. He was draining 3's and midrange jumpers like a possessed man. He averaged like 33.5 ppg on 56% shooting.

I'm telling you what I hear, and I did watch the series. It reminded me of LeBron's play with his series against Boston. Great stats but was sent home.

VishaltotheG
07-30-2010, 08:35 PM

Kobe, LeBron, Pau > Wade, LeBron, Bosh

because

Kobe, Gasol > Wade, Bosh

opps
07-30-2010, 08:36 PM
But are they unreasonable?

I mean, if Dwade can do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3xNpyKwsak, can we really assume that Lebron won't be able to learn? I just can't believe that.

Ok if you consider that a good post move

game3524
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Wade is a better passer playmaker and the size advantage will keep him in the L longer. I see what you're saying, but I wouldn't assume that he'll play the same style and not improve his shooting the rest of his career.

He will still be in the league, but I just don't see him being the same guy in 2-4 years.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM
You dont see how you contradict yourself. Shaq lived in the post.

Going with your logic Kobe should be good for years to come bc hes played with Gasol,Shaq,etc. But obviously this is not the case. If the Heat are going to be effective Wade wont be playing out of the post.

Are you stupid? I clearly said driving to the rim and taking contact? When has Shaq ever taken someone off the dribble and driven to the rim?

And yes, this is partially why Kobe has exactly been good for years to come, why he's his 13/14th season and still very dominant. He has had relatively good and consistent support throughout his entire career, barring a few seasons without an elite big man on his team.

Learn to read.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm telling you what I hear, and I did watch the series. It reminded me of LeBron's play with his series against Boston. Great stats but was sent home.

Great Stats? Lebron's stats aren't close to Wade's, look at the box score for game's 5 and 6.

OnceInADECADE
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
here we go comparing dudes again. O well:confusedshrug:

lacasner
07-30-2010, 08:43 PM
here we go comparing dudes again. O well:confusedshrug:

Nice contribution. I really learned a lot!

opps
07-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Are you stupid? I clearly said driving to the rim and taking contact? When has Shaq ever taken someone off the dribble and driven to the rim?

And yes, this is partially why Kobe has exactly been good for years to come, why he's his 13/14th season and still very dominant. He has had relatively good and consistent support throughout his entire career, barring a few seasons without an elite big man on his team.

Learn to read.

Ok you contradicted yourself again. It doesnt matter how Shaq gets to the post, the point of your arguement is that another player besides Kobe takes on the burden of performing in the post.

The reason Kobe is still dominant are because of skills set. His footwork,post moves,abilty to score,etc. When is the last time you've seen Kobe with a highlight dunk? Kobe game doesnt rely on athelticism like Wade's game does.

Lakers13
07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Great Stats? Lebron's stats aren't close to Wade's, look at the box score for game's 5 and 6.

Aside from FG% and game 5 s point total, his stats were still nice.

OnceInADECADE
07-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Nice contribution. I really learned a lot!

ty

ShaqAttack3234
07-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Wade will be 29 next season and while he has a good mid-range jumpshot, he has yet to show much of a consistent post game which is partially what extended Jordan's career and is extending Kobe's. A lot of Wade's game is based on athleticism. I say he has 2-3 prime years left barring injuries, he won't just drop off and become a non-factor. he may remain an all-star caliber player a little longer.

I think Lebron's game is built even less for longevity. As it is, he's very streaky with his jumpshot and seems to almost be more comfortable with off balance shot or shots off the dribble beyond 25 feet than simple catch and shoot shots. He also hasn't showed much of a post game and he gets a lot of elevation on his shot. I can see his jumpshot becoming worse once his athleticism starts to fade just like T-Mac.

I laugh when people say Lebron isn't in his prime yet. He won't get more athletic and he's been in the league 7 years. In fact, if anything his athleticism will start declining a bit soon.

opps
07-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Wade will be 29 next season and while he has a good mid-range jumpshot, he has yet to show much of a consistent post game which is partially what extended Jordan's career and is extending Kobe's. A lot of Wade's game is based on athleticism. I say he has 2-3 prime years left barring injuries, he won't just drop off and become a non-factor. he may remain an all-star caliber player a little longer.

I think Lebron's game is built even less for longevity. As it is, he's very streaky with his jumpshot and seems to almost be more comfortable with off balance shot or shots off the dribble beyond 25 feet than simple catch and shoot shots. He also hasn't showed much of a post game and he gets a lot of elevation on his shot. I can see his jumpshot becoming worse once his athleticism starts to fade just like T-Mac.

I laugh when people say Lebron isn't in his prime yet. He won't get more athletic and he's been in the league 7 years. In fact, if anything his athleticism will start declining a bit soon.

Thank you the OP thinks Wade and Lebron will be playing like 20yr kids when they are 35 year men just because they are on a team together.

HiphopRelated
07-30-2010, 08:56 PM
meh, basically ignorance

@ 6'5" 225, ridiculous wingspan, solid midrange, solid and improving post game and elite playmaking, Wade will be around for quite a while.

The idea being bandied about in here is that he's a 28 year old Rondo.

Anybody saying Wade is the same reckless player he was the 1st couple years doesn't actually watch the Heat.....that will change.

game3524
07-30-2010, 09:01 PM

This.

Lebron is already at the midpoint of his career, people forget it isn't about age it is mileage, the reason Grant Hill is playing so well at an older age is because he basically had 5 years off due to ankle injuries and his body is more of the age of a 30 year old then a 38 year old. High school guys just don't age well, Kobe seems to be anomaly because his game started to change in his 9th and 10th season, Lebron in the next year or two should start to make adjustment.

Father time always wins, but with the proper adjustments you can slow it down.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 09:03 PM
Ok you contradicted yourself again. It doesnt matter how Shaq gets to the post, the point of your arguement is that another player besides Kobe takes on the burden of performing in the post.

The reason Kobe is still dominant are because of skills set. His footwork,post moves,abilty to score,etc. When is the last time you've seen Kobe with a highlight dunk? Kobe game doesnt rely on athelticism like Wade's game does.

No. I didn't. It's not my fault you can't read. My point is that by shooting perimeter jumpers, Kobe doesn't take wear and tear on his body. Driving to the hoop will do that, and now that Wade and Lebron are on the same team, every time Lebron goes into the paint and gets some contact, that's one more posession that Wade doesn't have to, vice versa.

Kobe still uses a lot of his athleticism, just not in the form of highlight dunks. He still gets very high off the ground for his jumpers, and still has great lateral quickness. All I am saying is that considering he will probably continue to do this for until his mid to late 30's, there is no reason to assume that Wade won't be able to adapt in a similar manner.

Reading. I suggest you learn how to do it.

game3524
07-30-2010, 09:08 PM
No. I didn't. It's not my fault you can't read. My point is that by shooting perimeter jumpers, Kobe doesn't take wear and tear on his body. Driving to the hoop will do that, and now that Wade and Lebron are on the same team, every time Lebron goes into the paint and gets some contact, that's one more posession that Wade doesn't have to, vice versa.

Kobe still uses a lot of his athleticism, just not in the form of highlight dunks. He still gets very high off the ground for his jumpers, and still has great lateral quickness. All I am saying is that considering he will probably continue to do this for until his mid to late 30's, there is no reason to assume that Wade won't be able to adapt in a similar manner.

Kobe isn't Brad Miller, but the guy is smart enough to pick his spots better, he cut his driving to the hole because it saves energy and causes less wear and tear, Wade has developed a nice mid range jumpshot, but he is a guy who is always thinking about attacking the basket first and for most.

opps
07-30-2010, 09:14 PM

:facepalm dude you just said Kobe had to drive the basket because there was no one else on the team to do it. And if going by the logic of your new arguement then Kobe will be good for 5+ years because hes only played without Shaq or Gasol for years 2005-2008, but obviously this is not the case. And Kobe is not nearly as athletic as he was in early in his career.

And if you think Wade will still be driving to the basket like he is now when he well in to his 30's then you're a retard. Damn I wonder what you do with your life

Reasoning. I suggest you learn how to do it.

SinJackal
07-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Everyone here thinks age 33-34 = done unless it's Kobe.

Stupidity is why people think he'll be done in 6 years. Ignorant basketball knowledge? Trolling? The obvious reasons dude.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
:facepalm dude you just said Kobe had to drive the basket because there was no one else on the team to do it. And if going by the logic of your new arguement then Kobe will be good for 5+ years because hes only played without Shaq or Gasol for years 2005-2008, but obviously this is not the case. And Kobe is not nearly as athletic as he was in early in his career.

And if you think Wade will still be driving to the basket like he is now when he well in to his 30's then you're a retard. Damn I wonder what you do with your life

Reasoning. I suggest you learn how to do it.

When did I ever say these things? Seriously? My whole arguement is based on the fact that when you have better players on your team, you don't have to exert as much energy to win, and thus you preserve yourself in the long run.

This is combined with the fact that players adapt their games once they can no longer do what they used to as effectively. I said this is what Wade will do. I also said, if you weren't as dumb as a brick wall you might understand, that in addition to Shaq and Gasol, if Kobe had another elite driver/slasher like Lebron on his teams, he would be ever fresher now because he wouldn't have as much of a role/responsibility for his teams success.

It's astounding that fools like you have the right to vote.

game3524
07-30-2010, 09:23 PM
When did I ever say these things? Seriously? My whole arguement is based on the fact that when you have better players on your team, you don't have to exert as much energy to win, and thus you preserve yourself in the long run.

This is combined with the fact that players adapt their games once they can no longer do what they used to as effectively. I said this is what Wade will do. I also said, if you weren't as dumb as a brick wall you might understand, that in addition to Shaq and Gasol, if Kobe had another elite driver/slasher like Lebron on his teams, he would be ever fresher now because he wouldn't have as much of a role/responsibility for his teams success.

Very few star players actually do that, alot of All-stars flame out because they never adjust. Steve Francis is a perfect example of this.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Very few star players actually do that, alot of All-stars flame out because they never adjust. Steve Francis is a perfect example of this.

He had many chronic injuries.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Lebron is already at the midpoint of his career, people forget it isn't about age it is mileage, the reason Grant Hill is playing so well at an older age is because he basically had 5 years off due to ankle injuries and his body is more of the age of a 30 year old then a 38 year old. High school guys just don't age well, Kobe seems to be anomaly because his game started to change in his 9th and 10th season, Lebron in the next year or two should start to make adjustment.

You can throw international players (without college experience) in there as well. A lot of intenational players come over at age 19-20 and have start to break down at about the same time as high schoolers do.

game3524
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
He had many chronic injuries.

True, but his game was going downhill prior to the knee injuries.

ShaqAttack3234
07-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Kobe had more of a post game and turnaround jumper in 2000 before he was even a superstar than Lebron or Wade have now.

opps
07-30-2010, 10:01 PM

Ok your right Wade will still be effective because he will still drive to the post when he is 34yrs old bc hes played with Lebron and he will have developed an effective midrange game out of thin air. And you are some genius who sits behind your computer making dumb a** claims. And Im nothing but a retard who goes to a top 25 college in the country. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

lacasner
07-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Ok your right Wade will still be effective because he will still drive to the post when he is 34yrs old bc hes played with Lebron and he will have developed an effective midrange game out of thin air. And you are some genius who sits behind your computer making dumb a** claims. And Im nothing but a retard who goes to a top 25 college in the country. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

And I just graduated from one this year, a private one. Where do you go?

GiveItToBurrito
07-30-2010, 10:33 PM

Yup. Even taking away the injuries, what makes Wade great? He's an excellent ball-handler who's extremely athletic and maybe the quickest shooting guard in the league. What happens when you hit 29, 30? You stop being so quick and athletic. He's not a great shooter and he doesn't have a very refined post game (even though he's still really effective), plus he's small. Those guys just don't age well. In a way, Wade's almost like a much much better Steve Francis, and we saw how his career went. AI was similar in terms of playing style. These guys lose a step and drop off the face of the earth. Wade will be decent into his early 30s since even at 80% he's better than most people, but he'll be at best average by the time he's 32 (although still getting by on reputation) and basically out of the league by the time he's 35. Of the Heat, Bosh's game will probably age the best, he could be the best player on the team in five years.

game3524
07-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Iverson was pretty damn good till age 32, after that he fell off really hard.

ImmortalD24
07-30-2010, 10:54 PM
The guy is in his 8th season coming up. While Kobe is in his 13th.

1. 1996-97
2. 1997-98
3. 1998-99
4. 1999-00
5. 2000-01
6. 2001-02
7. 2002-03
8. 2003-04
9. 2004-05
10. 2005-06
11. 2006-07
12. 2007-08
13. 2008-09
14. 2009-10

Pretty sure 15th is coming up.. unless you're not counting the years Kobe came off the bench.

lacasner
07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
1. 1996-97
2. 1997-98
3. 1998-99
4. 1999-00
5. 2000-01
6. 2001-02
7. 2002-03
8. 2003-04
9. 2004-05
10. 2005-06
11. 2006-07
12. 2007-08
13. 2008-09
14. 2009-10

Pretty sure 15th is coming up.. unless you're not counting the years Kobe came off the bench.

Ahh, sorry, you're right.

The_Yearning
07-30-2010, 10:58 PM
1. 1996-97
2. 1997-98
3. 1998-99
4. 1999-00
5. 2000-01
6. 2001-02
7. 2002-03
8. 2003-04
9. 2004-05
10. 2005-06
11. 2006-07
12. 2007-08
13. 2008-09
14. 2009-10

Kobe's a f*cking animal.

jrong
07-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Aside from FG% and game 5 s point total, his stats were still nice.

FG% tells you everything about the difference between their performances. Enough chatter has been devoted to James's series, but Wade's performance was NOTHING like James's. Wade was one teammate-contributor away from at the least pushing the Celtics 7 (MIA was in winning positions in Gm 1 and Gm 3-- Wade just needed to have a teammate to average more than 10ppg!). If JO had just thrown up his mediocre 14 ppg instad of 4ppg (on 20% FGs), the series goes 7.

As to the thread when Wade loses his athleticism, I expect to see him play like he did during his injury year. He had no explosion so he had to use guile. He still averaged 25/7, but he just didn't have the strength to win games.

But, even without his athleticism, Wade will still have his all-around game. He'll still be a superb passer. Think Jordan with the Wizards.

ShaqAttack3234
07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
But, even without his athleticism, Wade will still have his all-around game. He'll still be a superb passer. Think Jordan with the Wizards.

Jordan played in the post a lot with the Wizards.

206kid
07-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Dwyane Wade has only been in the league for 7 years now, he hasn't played that many game due to injury, he had one real injury that lead to the knee injury that kept him about for about 2 years. He came to the NBA with 3 years of college experience. Also I don't get when people say he is only a driver, this dude is a very underrated mid-range shooter. I think after 6 years he'll have more of a mid-range game sort of like MJ did when he didn't have his athleticism.

Jacks3
07-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Wade isn't even in Kobe's ball-park in terms of skill. :facepalm

PianoMan
07-30-2010, 11:34 PM
Wade isn't even in Kobe's ball-park in terms of skill. :facepalm
Are you serious lmao. Wade has more skill

The_Yearning
07-30-2010, 11:36 PM

Are you serious lmao. Kobe has more athleticism

Jacks3
07-30-2010, 11:36 PM
LMAO!!!:wtf:

game3524
07-30-2010, 11:39 PM

:roll:

Im so nba'd out
07-14-2014, 07:42 AM
http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/attachments/game-room/163556d1361149394-bump-thread-mario_bump.gif

Marchesk
07-14-2014, 08:54 AM
No thread is safe on ISH.