PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley FULL VIDEO

Round Mound
07-31-2010, 01:53 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/this.day.sports.history.feb20/images/charles-barkley.jpghttp://www.eba-stats.com/images/legends/charles_barkley_91.jpg

ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley (Part 1 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CnEumKsC-E&feature=related

ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley (Part 2 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5xgipUVzyA&feature=related

ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley (Part 3 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ9WsbchF9A&feature=related

ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley (Part 4 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFMJaSDyXBQ&feature=related

ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley (Part 5 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXf5zl40Jl4&feature=related

ESPN Sportscentury Charles Barkley (Part 5 of 6)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqw4HHYvJkU&feature=related

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/this.day.sports.history.march30/images/charles-barkley.jpg

Round Mound
07-31-2010, 05:41 PM
No Love for the GOAT PF? :confusedshrug:

Kurosawa0
07-31-2010, 05:42 PM
No Love for the GOAT PF? :confusedshrug:

Even Barkley himself has said that Tim Duncan was better.

FormerSunsFan
07-31-2010, 05:46 PM
wasn't the best, but he was my favorite.

thanks for the vid

tpols
07-31-2010, 05:48 PM
I've watched so many barkley highlight segments and old suns games and it's funny how great you make him out to be.

He couldn't dribble (his motion was very choppy and he couldn't do much from a stand still).

He wasn't a great shooter.

He was inconsistent on defense.

He was vastly undersized for a PF.

In all actuality, he was a lebron james with no dribble, less range, inferior passing skills, and a worse jumpshot, with better offensive and defensive rebounding.

He also couldn't lead a team half as well as duncan could.

Foster5k
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Over-rated.

But hey, I like Sir Charles. He is a cool guy.

ImmortalD24
07-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Goat PF my ass.

Give me Duncan, Garnett, Malone, and even Nowitzki over Barkley anytime anywhere outside of an eating contest.

ImmortalD24
07-31-2010, 06:03 PM
In all actuality, he was a lebron james with no dribble, less range, inferior passing skills, and a worse jumpshot, with better offensive and defensive rebounding.

He also couldn't lead a team half as well as duncan could.
Bad comparison.. since LeBron is actually at least 2 inches taller, and Barkley has about 10 extra inches horizontally. Also, Barkley actually had a post game.. LeBron..

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/07/18/100718111857416429.gif

tpols
07-31-2010, 06:12 PM
Bad comparison.. since LeBron is actually at least 2 inches taller, and Barkley has about 10 extra inches horizontally. Also, Barkley actually had a post game.. LeBron..

http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/07/18/100718111857416429.gif
Barkley's post game was nothing special compared to other PFs and garnetts, and duncan's were much better (seriously he was 6'5, it's tough to play on the post at that height).

Lebron is actually a much better player than barkley ever was. The only things barkley does better are rebounding and posting up (which I'm sure lebron will develop as he gets older). These two things were also position oriented. Lebron's impact on the court is much bigger.

ImmortalD24
07-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Barkley's post game was nothing special compared to other PFs and garnetts, and duncan's were much better (seriously he was 6'5, it's tough to play on the post at that height).

Lebron is actually a much better player than barkley ever was. The only things barkley does better are rebounding and posting up (which I'm sure lebron will develop as he gets older). These two things were also position oriented. Lebron's impact on the court is much bigger.
Dude, I agree that LeBron is the superior player.. never disputed that. But the comparison you're making between these two is just "turrible". Totally different players.

tpols
07-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Dude, I agree that LeBron is the superior player.. never disputed that. But the comparison you're making between these two is just "turrible". Totally different players.
I know they're different players but they both have that aggressive 'get to the rim' game except that lebron has the duties of a 'point forward' while barkley played power forward.

XxSMSxX
07-31-2010, 07:42 PM
What was chuck's actual height, I always hear people talk about him being 6'4 /6'5 but i know everyone's seen those pics of his mugshot with his head reaching around 6'8

Round Mound
07-31-2010, 08:55 PM
I've watched so many barkley highlight segments and old suns games and it's funny how great you make him out to be.

He couldn't dribble (his motion was very choppy and he couldn't do much from a stand still).

He wasn`t a great dribbler but he was a "Great Ball Handler" the Best at PF Position in small spaces and by far the "Best Spin Move PF Ever"

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4-ZUGmeUT0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7NCcOoFd1w (GOAT SPIN MOVE POWER POST PLAYER EVER)

:rolleyes: :roll: :facepalm

Another Myth by Kiddos....

He only DOMINATED the MID RANGE GAME and 2-Point FG% Region in Ways Only Comparable to Dantley at SF, McHale at PF and Kareem-Shaq at C:

21.6 PPG on only 12.9 Two-Point FGAs PG (Season) and 58.13% Two-Point FG%
22.5 PPG on only 14.5 Two-Point FGAs PG (Play-offs) and 55.13% Two-Point FG%

:violin:

-By Far "Best Offensive PF Ever"

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJu-8oxvm4&feature=related

- Great Shot Blocker for a 6`5 dude in the Paint
- Great Floor Defender
- "Greatest Stealing PF Ever"

[B]

Round Mound
07-31-2010, 09:11 PM
What was chuck's actual height, I always hear people talk about him being 6'4 /6'5 but i know everyone's seen those pics of his mugshot with his head reaching around 6'8

6`4 3/4 basically 6`5.

Watch Him Next to Mark Aguirre a LEGIT 6`6 player (young Barkley)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-eCf-UWgZg

Next to Dennis Rodman who really was not 6`7 or 6`8 but closer to 6`6 3/4 at best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX_HXlTV-Q

Round Mound
07-31-2010, 09:12 PM
I know they're different players but they both have that aggressive 'get to the rim' game except that lebron has the duties of a 'point forward' while barkley played power forward.

Barkley had a Superior:

-Post Game
-Mid Range Game
-Lateral Movements
-Rebounder
-Rim Defender
-Fundamentally More Sound etc

tpols
07-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Barkley had a Superior:

-Post Game
-Mid Range Game
-Lateral Movements
-Rebounder
-Rim Defender
-Fundamentally More Sound etc
And lebron had a superior:

-Playmaking ability
-Passer
-Ballhandler
-Scorer in General
-3 pt shooter
-Pull up jumper

Do you really think lebron,whose entering his prime now, does not/ will not have a better dribble and pull up game?

You keep bringing up trivial stats based on efficiency that favor your player but the fact is he wasn't a huge scorer and never put up as big of point totals as lebron.

He could not have led that cavs team to 50 wins, let alone 60+.

He was a hustler who was fundamentally sound, BUT he was undersized and didn't have the talent of a lebron james.

He didn't have a reliable post game like duncan and he couldn't create for himself and his teammates like lebron.

I love how you bring up he could do xxx well for his size. Well guess what, being smaller doesn't mean you get a pity pass. The more athletic guys tend to be the best to play. Just review a top ten all time list and you'll see.

Round Mound
08-01-2010, 04:35 AM

-Playmaking ability:

He is a Point-Forward its obvious. Barkley a PF capable of playing some SF and C, although his game was more Center like although only 6`5. He is the ONLY PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY TO PLAY BIG AND SMALL

-Passer: Not as a Pure Passer Not Really...More Like Ball Handler-Passer. His speed-quickness mixed together makes him get doubled so he has easy passes to open men: kind of like Magic but more athletic-faster-more potent etc

-Ballhandler Yes he is a Point-Forward

-Scorer in General

:facepalm

Not Even Close!!! :oldlol: :roll: :banghead: : Barkley`s ORT is one of the Highest Ever and He Was 2nd to Bird in the 80s and early 90s In Terms of Usage/Possesion/Lead to Own Score and Others Score and Second to Magic All Time in ORT/Usage.

And I Already Mentioned his Two Point FG Points and %s plus Magical Mid Range Game. Which Was Above All Players in his Time

-3 pt shooter

Yes

-Pull up jumper

Not Really. Around Same Level. Nobody Seems To Know Barkley`s Mid Range Game :rolleyes:

Do you really think lebron,whose entering his prime now, does not/ will not have a better dribble and pull up game?

You keep bringing up trivial stats based on efficiency that favor your player but the fact is he wasn't a huge scorer and never put up as big of point totals as lebron.

He could not have led that cavs team to 50 wins, let alone 60+.

He was a hustler who was fundamentally sound, BUT he was undersized and didn't have the talent of a lebron james.

He didn't have a reliable post game like duncan and he couldn't create for himself and his teammates like lebron.

I love how you bring up he could do xxx well for his size. Well guess what, being smaller doesn't mean you get a pity pass. The more athletic guys tend to be the best to play. Just review a top ten all time list and you'll see.

Barkley`s Post Game Was Insane and Only Comparable To Dantley-McHale. Reliable Post Game? :roll: :facepalm I Will have To Explain How Dominant Barkley was in The TWO-POINT REGION AGAIN:

CAREER:

21.6 PPG on only 12.9 Two-Point FGAs PG and 58.13% Two-Point FG% (Season)
22.5 PPG on only 14.5 Two-Point FGAs PG and 55.13% Two-Point FG% (Play-offs)

Barkley was a Better:

-Total Offensive Player: Missed Less, Scored More Per Shot Taken and Higher FG%.
-By Far Mid Range Shooting and Game
-Post Game
-Lateral Movement Game
-Defensive Rebounder
-Offensive Rebounder
-Front Up Rim Protector: Shot Blocker
etc
-Stealer

Barkley ranks Top 10 in EFF, PER and Statistical Plus Minus. Only Jordan has achived that much EFFICIENCY AND IMPACT PER GAME.

PHILA
08-01-2010, 04:41 AM
Won't see to many 6'4/6'5 players shooting 60% from the field.

1989-90

25.2 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 60% FG

[I]"Pat Riley said the NBA doesn

PHILA
08-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Goat PF my ass.

Give me Duncan, Garnett, Malone, and even Nowitzki over Barkley anytime anywhere outside of an eating contest.

Round Mound
08-01-2010, 04:48 AM
[QUOTE=PHILA]Won't see to many 6'4/6'5 players shooting 60% from the field.

1989-90

25.2 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 3.9 apg, 60% FG

[I]"Pat Riley said the NBA doesn

EoJ
08-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the video. Charles was a beast.

iamgine
08-01-2010, 05:59 AM
The Barkley - Pippen drama was interesting.

tpols
08-01-2010, 10:04 AM
:applause:

I posted a topic last year (maybe i will have to re-do it) regarding what is said in this jewl of article (Finally!) you post and Barkley`s Scoring in the Two-Point Region.

Barkley hardly ever or once shot less than 50% from the Two Point FG and for like 10 years was scoring 22-26 PPG through shooting 60%, 61%, 62%, 63% and 64% in the Two Point FG Region

Great Job!
I'm trying to figure this out man. I've seen barkley play a handful and he didn't seem to be the guy who could dribble penetrate with a crossover or whatever and pull up on a dime. He didn't have the midrange creativity of a wade or kobe for instance and couldn't create in that sense. You keep bringing up two point fg% but that shit counts everything even layups so that doesn't tell me anything about how many pull up or spot up 12-18ft jumpers he took and made.:confusedshrug: Sorry man you're just overrating the guy. Barkley was a great player but he couldn't do a lot of the things that some of the current players do. Please don't tell me that barkley takes that cavs team anywhere near the level lebron was able to.

Manute for Ever!
08-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm trying to figure this out man. I've seen barkley play a handful and he didn't seem to be the guy who could dribble penetrate with a crossover or whatever and pull up on a dime. He didn't have the midrange creativity of a wade or kobe for instance and couldn't create in that sense. You keep bringing up two point fg% but that shit counts everything even layups so that doesn't tell me anything about how many pull up or spot up 12-18ft jumpers he took and made.:confusedshrug: Sorry man you're just overrating the guy. Barkley was a great player but he couldn't do a lot of the things that some of the current players do. Please don't tell me that barkley takes that cavs team anywhere near the level lebron was able to.

'Round Mound' used to post under the name 'Sir Charles' and was pretty much known soley for his multi-coloured, smiley-infested, Barkley-fellating, statistical shitscripts. Don't bother trying to figure him out, he is oblivious to reason.

Quickz
08-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Like an ealier poster said Barkley was taller then 6'5....

I always curious of this but in his mug shot he clearly is right at 6'8(I'm guessing with shoes on)...I dont know how to post a picture (newb), but everyone take a look at his mug shot so we can settle this barkley was only 6'5 debate

Round Mound
08-01-2010, 06:24 PM

Doesn`t seem like it. Barkley had a a mid range game ala Adrian Dantley-Bernard King yet with More Power. His Post Play Was Slow and Bird-Like in Straight Up Shooting (from 12-15 ft only) that mixed with his Speed-Quickness-Power and Natural Strength (and his football leggs), he was like a mini Shaq. That made him unstoppable 10-12-15 ft away from the rim, espeically for Spins and his Off Two Legg Jumps to Dunk after a Spin.

He would also Post up Straight Up Looking Forward in some ones face while waiting for the clock to run up many times (watch Suns vs Blazers from 95).

As Buck Williams said (hardest player to guard in the 2-Point Region).

That is why he recieved alot of double teams yet he would just use power move and penetrating before many like Lebron does but quicker in small spaces.

Barkley had a superior lateral movement than Lebron (although not as good a dribbler) so him at 6`5 and 260 lbs (sometimes more) made him very difficult for smaller or taller forwards to guard him. He was guarded by some dudes that where 6`6 250 lbs or dudes that where 6`9, 6`10, 6`11 and over 7`0 ft (240-260 lbs) still no result.

Yes he could dribble and penetrate here is rare mixes of him doing: spins, drives, mid ranges, post ups etc

As MJ said he was the only player that could really PLAY BIG AND SMALL.

Very...Very Unique Style of Play. It was like Watching a Guard-Center Play sometimes (he had great shot block timing of two leggs in the paint too in his 20s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwxGTjEwcg8

0:55 vs Jordan: Superb Shot Block Timing of Two Leggs. Ala Center

0:56: Typical Fadeway in the 2-Point Region

1:19: Typical Spin By Barkley...on Malone

1:25: Superb Stealer

1:34: Typical Post Play, Foot Work and Spin by Barkley while Tripled.

1:44: Typical Bull Power Move by Barkley (using superb lateral movement)

1.52: Typical Bull Power Move by Barkley and Fade

2:20: Typical One Handed Power Dunk by Barkley Off Two Leggs (check out the power).

2:26: Master Spin Moves in the Post. He was the "PRECUSOR OF SHAQ`s BLACK TORNADOES" but with More FINESS

3:06 vs Celtics: Superb Lateral Movement and Ball Handling

Coast to Coast, The Original Chase Down Blocker, Dunks etc...Analyze the whole vid

Typical Barkley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4-ZUGmeUT0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7NCcOoFd1w

(GOAT SPIN MOVE BASE LINE POWER POST PLAYER EVER)

Barkley was 6`4 3/4 so almost 6`5 but he wieghed in 284, 252, 255, 265 and 288 lbs. His weight flcutuated alog in the course his career (he never liked to train or do weights much, he was a natural)

Mark Aguiree and Dan Majerlie where two legit 6`6 ers and they where clearly Taller. Watch the games vs the Mavs and others with the Suns vs Bulls and Rodman (6`6 3/4 ft)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Pat Riley said the NBA doesn’t keep field goal percentage right. They should separate the (two-point shots) from the (three-point shots). They separate the three’s, but overall they don’t separate the two’s. So one of the categories I keep is field goal percentage for two’s. Charles Barkley was the leader in the two-point category for years."

-Harvey Pollack

Great Job Phila

Round Mound
08-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the video. Charles was a beast.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Like an ealier poster said Barkley was taller then 6'5....

I always curious of this but in his mug shot he clearly is right at 6'8(I'm guessing with shoes on)...I dont know how to post a picture (newb), but everyone take a look at his mug shot so we can settle this barkley was only 6'5 debate

He is the same height as Michael Jordan 6`4 3/4

tpols
08-03-2010, 12:33 AM
He is the same height as Michael Jordan 6`4 3/4
he was taller, longer, and twice the thickness of michael jordan.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 01:06 AM
he was taller, longer, and twice the thickness of michael jordan.

:facepalm :roll: :no: taller

highwhey
08-03-2010, 01:10 AM

I posted a topic last year (maybe i will have to re-do it) regarding what is said in this jewl of article (Finally!) you post and Barkley`s Scoring in the Two-Point Region.

Barkley hardly ever or once shot less than 50% from the Two Point FG and for like 10 years was scoring 22-26 PPG through shooting 60%, 61%, 62%, 63% and 64% in the Two Point FG Region

Great Job!
LOL AS SIR CHARLES? AND WTF, REP IS BACK??!!??!

OldSchoolBBall
08-03-2010, 01:19 AM

He had the best handle for a PF of all time with the possible exception of KG. What are you even talking about?

Uhh, yes he was, from 20 feet and in.

True.

Yet he still managed to be one of the 5-8 best rebounders of all time, one of the 3-5 best offensive rebounders of all time, and a 25-28 ppg scorer on ridiculous efficiency (65+% TS). He was also a top 3 player in the league for 3-5 seasons amidst other all time greats (MJ/Magic/Hakeem/DRob/Ewing/Malone etc.). Go figure.

ShaqAttack3234
08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
He had the best handle for a PF of all time with the possible exception of KG. What are you even talking about?

Uhh, yes he was, from 20 feet and in.

True.

Yet he still managed to be one of the 5-8 best rebounders of all time, one of the 3-5 best offensive rebounders of all time, and a 25-28 ppg scorer on ridiculous efficiency (65+% TS). He was also a top 3 player in the league for 3-5 seasons amidst other all time greats (MJ/Magic/Hakeem/DRob/Ewing/Malone etc.). Go figure.

Well, that basically shut down the other guy's argument. :oldlol:

And did some idiot say he'd pick Dirk over Barkley? :wtf:

nbacardDOTnet
08-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Great Video. Thank you for sharing =)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Charles%20Barkley/1.gif

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Charles%20Barkley/2.gif

JM720
08-03-2010, 01:42 PM
thanks for the video

Rasheed1
08-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Charles was a beast...

But he wasnt a great shooter... he was good inside the arc, but Barkley was lazy and took alot of 3's especially by the time he left philly and played for the suns.. he wasnt a 3 pt shooter and he didnt seem to understand that

he was a monster to the rack and a pretty decent passer....

Again though he was lazy on defense

he played with a great group in Phoenix..... their offense was near unstoppable... but he was the farthest thing possible from a leader, really divisive at times and nowadays he simply makes a fool of himself often because he talks too much...

he was a great player, but not the GOAT of anything

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Charles was a beast...

But he wasnt a great shooter... he was good inside the arc, but Barkley was lazy and took alot of 3's especially by the time he left philly and played for the suns.. he wasnt a 3 pt shooter and he didnt seem to understand that

Good Inside? :facepalm :no: :rolleyes: More like

MASTER INSIDE MID RANGE PLAYER :confusedshrug: .

Only Shaq has a higher 2-Point FG% for the Season on over 20 PPG.

Barkley`s Inside and Mid Range Game Game:

21.6 PPG on 58.13% Two-Point FG% on 12.9 Two-Point FGAs PG (Season)
22.5 PPG on 55.13% Two-Point FG% on 14.5 Two-Point FGAs PG (Play-Offs)

True, he did take unecessary threes. He got bored of dominating the Two-Point Region

he was a monster to the rack and a pretty decent passer....

Great Passer for a PF. Wan`t to see the Real Sir Charles?

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYUfmUSpldQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_Bhk9czrM&feature=PlayList&p=949D35AF41387CB2&playnext=1&index=38

Again though he was lazy on defense

Lazy true but he could play it.

He was 7th In Defensive Rating in 1985-86. Yet he did not have a Center to Anchor his D. That was the same year Moses left for those same play-offs. He never had a Center in his Prime and Peek

he played with a great group in Phoenix..... their offense was near unstoppable... but he was the farthest thing possible from a leader, really divisive at times and nowadays he simply makes a fool of himself often because he talks too much...

:facepalm In Phoneix The Suns had a Better Record with KJ injured. He took games over in a team that had no Center.

he was a great player, but not the GOAT of anything

Top 10 All Time EFF
Top 10 All Time PER (Season and Play-Offs)
Top 10 Statistical Plus/Minus

Only Jordan was as as Efficient and Dominant at the same time.

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Round Mound, stop overrating the f*ck out of Barkley you dumb troll. His 2 pt FG% doesn't show how good of a mid range jumper he had. His mid range game was good up to 18 feet or so but anything beyond that, it was subpar. And he jacked up the occasional 3 because he was either lazy or too fatigued to bang inside. It's the truth. And get out of here with this PER, EFF garbage. Don't act like he was some sort of great leader. Guy was known for clubbing, golfing and partying in the '94 and '95 playoffs which is part of the reason Phoenix didn't advance. If you saw those series, you would know his performance would often significantly deteriorate in most second halves due to fatigue and KJ would end up carrying the load. You look at game 7 of the '94 WCSF, he ended up getting ejected although the game was out of reach by then and he took a grand total of 7 threes. And game 5 in '95, HE CHOKED AT THE LINE which is why they didn't win. He missed three FTs in a row, Dream ended up tying the game and the Rockets took over in OT. He hits those FTs they win the series. Game 3 in '94, they were up 2-0. Leading at halftime yet Barkley didn't show up in the second half. And they go up 3-0? They series is over. Am I saying that everything was his fault? No. But, don't act like he was some kind of GOAT and never did anything wrong in his career.

Just STFU you *******.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Round Mound, stop overrating the f*ck out of Barkley you dumb troll. His 2 pt FG% doesn't show how good of a mid range jumper he had. His mid range game was good up to 18 feet or so but anything beyond that, it was subpar.

:roll: KJ troll spoted!

His Mid Range Shot 18-12-8 Feet Away from the RIM WAS ALWAYS SUPERB and Dantley-Bernard King like aswell as Jabbar-McHale-Shaq Like Inside.

That is where a PF Scores his Points and Barkley excelled at with no questions asked :facepalm

He was a Monster "Pure Face Up Mid Range Shooter" (ala Bird)

*Barkley`s 2-Point FG% and Scoring

21.6 PPG on ONLY 12.9 Two-Point FGAs PG at 58% Two-Point FG% (Season) and
22.5 PPG on ONLY 14.5 Two-Point FGAs PG at 55% Two-Point FG% (Play-Offs)

He scored at 60% on 20 PPG plus 5-6 Times during his career (and around and over 64% twice)

*Only Player to Score 20 + PPG on 60% + 2-Point FG% in the last 19 Years Not Named Shaq

*Insane since he was the Most Doubled Mid Range Player of his Era (Shaq later on)

And he jacked up the occasional 3 because he was either lazy or too fatigued to bang inside. It's the truth.

[B]It was because he got bored of dominating the Mid Range Region and sometimes it was because the team did not pass him the ball where he needed to. This was because of KJ`s constant "Me 1st Drive and Score attitude" (un PG-like)

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 08:32 PM
If you saw those series, you would know his performance would often significantly deteriorate in most second halves due to fatigue and KJ would end up carrying the load. You look at game 7 of the '94 WCSF, he ended up getting ejected although the game was out of reach by then and he took a grand total of 7 threes. And game 5 in '95, HE CHOKED AT THE LINE which is why they didn't win. He missed three FTs in a row, Dream ended up tying the game and the Rockets took over in OT. He hits those FTs they win the series. Game 3 in '94, they were up 2-0. Leading at halftime yet Barkley didn't show up in the second half. And they go up 3-0? They series is over. Am I saying that everything was his fault? No. But, don't act like he was some kind of GOAT and never did anything wrong in his career.

Just STFU you *******.

If you want to know who choked. It was KJ during the 1993 Bulls Finals .

Not only did he NOT HELP HIS TEAM WIN AT ALL DURING THE SEASON!

HE ONLY PLAYED 49 GAMES AND THE SUNS HAD A BETTER WINNING% WITHOUT HIM

(that should have been Chucks 2nd MVP, he was robbed from the 89-90 MVP)

But he did not show up and play at all in the Finals while Barkley defended him in the Post Game Confrences (while he would envy Barkley behined scenes as he did when he got the MPV award not even clapping):

Minute 6:38:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhjNGxU4dg8&feature=related (Pure Envy) and

Then Barkley defends this idiot him in the Post Conference against All The Fans: (one of his biggest flaws was to defend the people that envied him)

Seconds 0:26 to 1:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XENN5Uerpk&feature=related

KJ shot 42.1% TFG% on 15.8 FGAs PG (exscessive attempts for PG: should only shoot at 10-12 FGAs PG at most)...only 6.5 APG (pathetic for an Elite PG)

Barkley on the other hand "ELBOW INJURED" AFTER GAME 2 vs the BULLS

Still managed to do this:

- 27.3 PPG (47.6 TFG%/49.2% 2-Point FG on 26.2 PPG)

- 13.0 RPG
- 5.5 APG (only 1 Assist Less than THE ALL STAR PG...KJ? :wtf: )

KJ ofcourse was a "1st Me Drive, Me Shoot and 2nd Pass-Create PG" unlike other REAL PGS that think "1st Team, then me"

Regarding....the Rocket Series in 1995 u keep on forgeting that

Barkley was injured the whole series Minute 2:48-3:23:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI3BeJ6zEPk

Yes finally KJ showed 1st time in his whole career that series while it was needed cause Barkley was and Played Injured

Still managed to be in double figures and rebounded like a maniac:

22.3 PPG (Total FG% 48.0% FG /Two-Point FG% 53.5% Two-Point FG on 15.1 PPG)
13.3 RPG
3.1 APG

KJ finally delivered in the play-offs (about time) but still Charles put up Solid Numbers unlike KJ during the 1993 Finals, who was pathetic.

Batz
08-03-2010, 08:39 PM

-Playmaking ability
-Passer
-Ballhandler
-Scorer in General
-3 pt shooter
-Pull up jumper
Lebron? Pull up jumper? Okay, there goes your credibility. :oldlol:

tpols
08-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Lebron? Pull up jumper? Okay, there goes your credibility. :oldlol:
lebron doesn't have a better pull up off the dribble jumper? Barkley was good at face up shooting and shooting out of the post but he couldn't cross you up and pop the jay as well as lebron. Why do people think lebron can't shoot? I've seen him shoot lights out plenty of times.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
lebron doesn't have a better pull up off the dribble jumper? Barkley was good at face up shooting and shooting out of the post but he couldn't cross you up and pop the jay as well as lebron. Why do people think lebron can't shoot? I've seen him shoot lights out plenty of times.

Barkley was a MASTER FACE UP SHOOTER IN THE MID RANGE REGION

Regarding How Good Barkley was Offensively, Read This:

http://www.rootzoo.com/articles/view/NBA-Basketball/General/UBJSC-4-A-Basketball-Analytics-Primer_3549

Putting it together: Offensive Rating. By now, you're probably impatient for a number that tells us how efficient a player is overall with the possessions that he uses, and the answer comes in the form of Dean Oliver's Offensive Rating (OR). The formula is a bit complicated to reproduce here (I refer you to Oliver's excellent Basketball on Paper for its full derivation), but it suffices to say that Offensive Rating provides a rating of how many points a player scores per 100 possessions that he uses while on the floor. The league's typical rating has varied throughout history, but today stands at around 107.

The best OR belong to jump-shooting guards and, to a lesser extent, high-percentage post players. The career leaders are Steve Kerr (122.06), Reggie Miller (121.48), Magic Johnson (120.79), John Stockton (120.55), and Kiki Vandeweghe (119.49).

In general, the more possessions that a player uses, the lower we expect his OR to be, because player who use more possessions have to use more possessions in precarious situations.

---------------------------------------------------------

If a player has a high career Usage Rate and a high OR, that indicates that he is a monster on offense. Magic Johnson falls into this category, as does Charles Barkley (119.31) , Adran Dantley (118.40), the incomparable Michael Jordan (who, with the highest career Usage Rate, had a career OR of 117.97, the 13th best in history), and Dirk Nowitzki (117.80).

Bigsmoke
08-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Lebron would eat Charles Barkley... ALIVE

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Lebron would eat Charles Barkley... ALIVE

:facepalm Please Kid Learn About the Game

Barkley scored most of his points in the Mid Range Region and the Paint

Bigsmoke
08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
:facepalm Please Kid Learn About the Game

i know enough and Lebron is better than Barkley at both ends. He's a better scorer that was a Dwight Howard away from winning DPOY. Lebron is only 25 and already carried a team above 60 wins more than Barkley did and won more MVPs and both went to the finals the same number of times.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
i know enough and Lebron is better than Barkley at both ends. He's a better scorer that was a Dwight Howard away from winning DPOY. Lebron is only 25 and already carried a team above 60 wins more than Barkley did and won more MVPs and both went to the finals the same number of times.

Barkley played in the Golden Era of the NBA: 80s and Early 90s...

Was the Only Player to Get an MVP when it was the GOAT`s Peek (MJ) Not To Mention he was ROBED FROM THE 1989-90 SEASON MVP thanks to the many haters back then and yes, still alive.

[B]Lebron is a Better Man To Man Defender. against dudes that don

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
I`ve never seen Lebron block dudes that where 7`3, 7`2, 6`11, 6`10---240-260 lbs plus in The Paint...And...Taking No Steps...while I`ve seen Barkley block Shaq`s dunks, Coleman`s Dunks, Hakeem`s Dunks, Robinson`s Dunks that way...

Barkley was called the Zone Buster. You literrely could not play Zone cause of his Fundamentally Sound Mid Range Scoring and Passing Game.[/B]

STFU you retard. First of all, try learning the English language. Secondly, LeBron > KJ > Barkley. And oh don't act like you saw Barkley play. Barkley was winning the MVP at around the same time your mother was contemplating abortion. All you do is watch these youtube videos and get an orgasm watching Barkley play.

KJ is the greatest Phoenix Sun ever. u mad?

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CnEumKsC-E

2:58 to 3:05

An Example of Chucks NATURAL and INTERIOR PULLING-TORSO and LEG STRENGTH....It was OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Look at how he just moved Gret Ostertag for the rebound who was 7`2 ft and 280 lbs :wtf: :bowdown:

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM
STFU you retard. First of all, try learning the English language. Secondly, LeBron > KJ > Barkley. And oh don't act like you saw Barkley play. Barkley was winning the MVP at around the same time your mother was contemplating abortion. All you do is watch these youtube videos and get an orgasm watching Barkley play.

KJ is the greatest Phoenix Sun ever. u mad?

[B] Yes, that was Chuck was called :confusedshrug:

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Easy there with the handjob. Are you his wife? Hell, even his wife doesn't blow him as hard as you do.

KJ > Barkley. u mad?

Bigsmoke
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM
I`ve never seen Lebron block dudes that where 7`3, 7`2, 6`11, 6`10. [/B]

thats why u think Barkley is better... u never watch Lebron play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_0RXfSTG88

and **** this "golden era" bullshit. Lebron led the Cavs to 66 win with Mo Williams being his sidekick... MO ****ing Williams.

Calabis
08-03-2010, 10:03 PM

So your taking a power forward, versatile enough to play SF at times and comparing his ball handling skills too two great Shooting guards???:facepalm. Just looking at the damn vids will show you how good a ball handler he was at the PF position at the washed up age 36, he put 14/10.....Barkley would be destroying mf's today, especially a league with no physicality.

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
[QUOTE]Yes, that was Chuck was called

tpols
08-03-2010, 10:08 PM
So your taking a power forward, versatile enough to play SF at times and comparing his ball handling skills too two great Shooting guards???:facepalm. Just looking at the damn vids will show you how good a ball handler he was at the PF position at the washed up age 36, he put 14/10.....Barkley would be destroying mf's today, especially a league with no physicality.
Well that guy round mound was talking about how he could do everything from what a big man does to what a smaller guy does so I was saying he wasn't as elite at any one thing as the listed guys who specialize in one of them. Charles was a great player and very unique but he didn't have the intangibles (leader, killer mentality, scoring propensity, clutchness). That's why he never won anything and left the league ringless.

Calabis
08-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Well that guy round mound was talking about how he could do everything from what a big man does to what a smaller guy does so I was saying he wasn't as elite at any one thing as the listed guys who specialize in one of them. Charles was a great player and very unique but he didn't have the intangibles (leader, killer mentality, scoring propensity, clutchness). That's why he never won anything and left the league ringless.

My bad

And I agree with your assessment

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 10:29 PM

Jordan was the one who said that and Barkley yes reminded you of a Guard-Forward-Center at the same time IN MANY SINGLE MOTIONS OF PLAY at 6`5.

Only player that had skills from taking it Coast to Coast for a Dunk or Pass or Block Shots Front Up or Under the Rim with his typical Two Leg Jump Timing in the style of Centers (he played Center in College)

He was so hard to define as a player and guard (they changed the rules cause of him) that Bill Walton said that only him, Magic and Bird where the players that played a Multi Positional Role Skill wise.

Barkley ofcourse was doubled more than any player in the two-point region and still owned.

He would have gotten more assists if he was not doubled but he was the Shaq before Shaq.

People seem to forget HOW STRONG here really was. He was not strong for HIS SIZE...HE WAS A MONSTER STRONG BEYOND SIZE or WEIGHT.

Here are some great games for kiddos to learn about him

Bulls vs.Sixers 1990 game 3 (1/...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z_jaFgSKDI&feature=PlayList&p=60006655C6353670&playnext=1&index=14

*Tjhunt76 has the Whole 1989-90 Series

Pistons vs Sixers 1989-90 Season

*Same game where Bill Laimbeer and Charles get it on with a brawl for the ages :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY17ri42I6w

Bulls vs. 76ers 1991 game 1 (10/...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6jKYMi4zmI

*Tjhunt76 has the Whole 1990-91 Series too

Wan`t clutchness?

Vs Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyFVKd2Nw-s&feature=related

Vs the Bullets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kdRGF85zA&feature=related

etc

His Play-Off PER seems to be high aswell :facepalm

Scoring Propensity?

Well he only scored 56 vs the Warrios in 1994 in 41 minutes of play.

O Yeah, i forget,... 27 points the 1st quarter :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq2XKRonc-8&feature=related

I guess u disagree with Larry Bird himself who was asked "If you have a Last Second Shot who would get the Ball in the Dream Team?"

He said: "I would give to Charles. If you have a 2-Pointer instead of a 3. At that Point he was the Most Unguardable Player in the World "

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103619

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Larry-Bird-on-the-Dream-Team-Redeem-Team-and-mu?urn=nba-102494

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Yup. KJ is better than Barkley.

tpols
08-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Jordan was the one who said that and Barkley yes reminded you of a Guard-Forward-Center at the same time IN MANY SINGLE MOTIONS OF PLAY at 6`5.

Only player that had skills from taking it Coast to Coast for a Dunk or Pass or Block Shots Front Up Front or Under the Rim with his typical two Leg Jump timing in the style of Centers.

He was so hard to define as a player and guard (they changed the rules cause of him) that Bill Walton said that only him, Magic and Bird where the players that played a Multi Positional Role Skill wise.

Barkley ofcourse was doubled more than any player in the two-point region and style owned.

He would have gotten more assists if he was not doubled but he was the Shaq before Shaq.

People seem to forget HOW STRONG here really was. He was not strong for HIS SIZE...HE WAS A MONSTER STRONG BEYOND SIZE or WEIGHT.

Here are some great games for kiddos to learn about him

Bulls vs.Sixers 1990 game 3 (1/...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z_jaFgSKDI&feature=PlayList&p=60006655C6353670&playnext=1&index=14

*Tjhunt76 has the Whole 1989-90 Series

Pistons vs Sixers 1989-90 Season

*Same game where Bill Laimbeer and Charles get it on with a brawl for the ages :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY17ri42I6w

Bulls vs. 76ers 1991 game 1 (10/...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6jKYMi4zmI

*Tjhunt76 has the Whole 1990-91 Series too

Wan`t clutchness?

Vs Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyFVKd2Nw-s&feature=related

Vs the Bullets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-kdRGF85zA&feature=related

etc

His Play-Off PER seems to be high aswell :facepalm

Scoring Propensity?

Well he only scored 56 vs the Warrios in 1994 in 41 minutes of play.

O yeah i forget 27 points the 1st quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq2XKRonc-8&feature=related
He was ringless, blew the series against the rockets (his best chance to win), and could never beat jordan (which is understandable but the rockets series was inexcusable; his best chance and he and the team blew it big time)

04mzwach
08-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Great insight to backup your opinion. This debate is getting heated. :facepalm

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
I guess u disagree with Larry Bird himself who was asked "If you have a Last Second Shot who would get the Ball in the Dream Team?"

He said: "I would give to Charles. If you have a 2-Pointer instead of a 3. At that Point he was the Most Unguardable Player in the World "

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=103619

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-102494

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 10:51 PM

:roll: :facepalm

Head to Head

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=barklch01&p2=garneke01

tpols
08-03-2010, 10:56 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=103619

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-102494

What does this have to do with the chokejob in 95 against the rockets where they had their most solid chance at a title? Charles didn't get it done and did not have that killer mentality like jordan or kobe where they absolutely refuse to ever give in. That killer instinct coinsides with work ethic and motivation, two things even you would admit barkley lacked compared to other all time greats.

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 10:59 PM
http://img.fannation.com/upload/si_blog_post_images/43401/tx_barkley.jpg

KJ's reaction to that picture.
http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/080305/080305-Kevin%20Johnson-hmed-617p.hmedium.jpg

KJ still won.

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
What does this have to do with the chokejob in 95 against the rockets where they had their most solid chance at a title? Charles didn't get it done and did not have that killer mentality like jordan or kobe where they absolutely refuse to ever give in. That killer instinct coinsides with work ethic and motivation, two things even you would admit barkley lacked compared to other all time greats.
LOL @ you trying to be rational with that clown.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 11:08 PM

For idiots who say whe wasn`t clutch zzzz...which is obviously ontrue

Such as the one against Portalnd in 1993 where he scored off a rebound with less than a second to give the Suns a one point win.

PER will agree that Barkley is one of the Greatest Play-Off performes and yes he had an important amount of great 4th quarters and last 2nd heroics

He was injured against the Rockets didn`t u watch the comments numb nuts? :hammerhead:

He still managed to have a decent 23-13-3 for the series. You call that a bad performence?

PER, EFF, Statistical Plus Minus, What I Saw and Bird`s comments will Disagree with you.

Barkley was one of the Clutchest Performers in NBA History.

Has the highest amount of 20-20 games in play-off runs per games played in NBA History

Barkley is by far THEE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY.

All broken stats suggest so and what i saw is exactly what i`ve been saying since 1989.

AirJordan23
08-03-2010, 11:10 PM
http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/02/barkleyandvabetta.jpg

Round Mound wishes he was Dick Bavetta. :cry:

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Since you people forgot this topic was about Barkley and not Garnett...They i will do the same:

Charles Barkley vs Kevin Garnett

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=barklch01&p2=garneke01

Charles Barkley vs Tim Duncan

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=barklch01&p2=duncati01

Ohhh Barkley was just a good player for a 6`5 PF :roll:

tpols
08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
For idiots who say whe wasn`t clutch zzzz...which is obviously ontrue

Such as the one against Portalnd in 1993 where he scored off a rebound with less than a second to give the Suns a one point win.

PER will agree that Barkley is one of the Greatest Play-Off performes and yes he had an important amount of great 4th quarters and last 2nd heroics

He was injured against the Rockets didn`t u watch the comments numb nuts? :hammerhead:

He still managed to have a decent 23-13-3 for the series. You call that a bad performence?

PER, EFF, Statistical Plus Minus, What I Saw and Bird`s comments will Disagree with you.

Barkley was one of the Clutchest Performers in NBA History.

Has the highest amount of 20-20 games in play-off runs per games played in NBA History

Barkley is by far THEE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY.

All broken stats suggest so and what i saw is exactly what i`ve been saying since 1989.
Again I want you to answer these questions:

Why was such a great player, as you say, not able to win a ring despite making the playoffs every year?

How did the suns lose a 2-0 lead over the eventual champion rockets?

Did barkley lack work ethic/motivation during his career?

Nothing else but those questions. No more hyperbole rainbow colored bullsh!t.

Round Mound
08-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Why was such a great player, as you say, not able to win a ring despite making the playoffs every year?

Very simple he faced Prime Jordan...Prime Pippen....Prime Grant

Faced Hakeem and Otis and Superior Perimeter Defenders than the Suns had both 94 and 95.

He never played with a Decent Defensive Center (Moses only played for 2 seasons with Rookie Charles One, and the Next Season...He Left For the Bullets During the Play-Offs: that year Charles ranked 7th in Defensive Rating and never again)

He played in a Tough Era...The 80s and Early 90s.

He was washed up after 1995 at age 32-33. Was set to retire in 1995 actually.

PER has him as one of the Great Play-Off Performers.

Its a Team Game and the Bulls and Rockets had Great Teams.

tpols
08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Very simple he faced Prime Jordan...Prime Pippen....Prime Grant

Faced Hakeem and Otis and Superior Perimeter Defenders than the Suns had both 94 and 95.

He never played with a Decent Defensive Center (Moses only played for 2 seasons with Rookie Charles One, and the Next Season...He Left For the Bullets During the Play-Offs: that year Charles ranked 7th in Defensive Rating and never again)

He played in a Tough Era...The 80s and Early 90s.

He was washed up after 1995 at age 32-33. Was set to retire in 1995 actually.

PER has him as one of the Great Play-Off Performers.

Its a Team Game and the Bulls and Rockets had Great Teams.
the rockets in 94 had hakeem and role players...If barkley was as good as you say he would've been able to beat them. His team choked a 2-0 lead away.

Do you mind posting hakeem's numbers in that series?

Round Mound
08-04-2010, 12:44 AM

Already answered. :rolleyes:

His PER for the Play-Offs his quite high...GTFOUH

AirJordan23
08-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Already answered. :rolleyes:

His PER for the Play-Offs his quite high...GTFOUH

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

KJ is still > Barkley.

Round Mound
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
the rockets in 94 had hakeem and role players...If barkley was as good as you say he would've been able to beat them. His team choked a 2-0 lead away.

Do you mind posting hakeem's numbers in that series?

Role Players that where better than the Sun`s role players

Mark West could not even guard an Old ex All Star Cartwright`s Post Game in 93 the year before...how was he going to slow down Hakeem?

Oliver Miller who was 6`9 300 lbs plus couldn`t jump to block anything

The Rockets had Better Athletic players and also in the Perimeter Defenders: Maxwell, Casell, Horry and Elie (underrated defensivly) as well as the same level of 3-Point Shooters (but 4: Cassell, Smith, Elie and Horry) that the Suns had in only Thunder Dan and sometimes old Ainge. They had more guns on the perimeter (Offensively and Defensivly as a Total) and Not to forget:

Otis Thorpe (who was by far the Best Defender on Barkley; not McHale or Rodman) whp was an Ex All Star. Watch the games and you will see how good Thorpe was one of the Best PFs of the late 80s and early 90s

Check out the Most Underrated PF of the 80s-90s:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/thorpot01.html

The Rockets where More Athletic, Better Defensively on the Perimter and with Hakeem at C and also had More Shooting Weapons

SinJackal
08-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Even Barkley himself has said that Tim Duncan was better.

Tim Duncan is also Barkley's favorite current player.

But in any case, Barkley's underrated if people are calling him overrated. The guy doesn't get enough credit for his prowess just because he's a silly fat guy now. It's the George Foreman phenomena or something. That dude was smashing people bigtime when he boxed, but everyone thinks of him as a silly fat guy, and not a walking concussion giving machine with legs.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/VespertineIconoclast/obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

KJ is still > Barkley.

No he isn't, and it isn't even close.

Round Mound
08-04-2010, 05:04 PM

But in any case, Barkley's underrated if people are calling him overrated. The guy doesn't get enough credit for his prowess just because he's a silly fat guy now. It's the George Foreman phenomena or something. That dude was smashing people bigtime when he boxed, but everyone thinks of him as a silly fat guy, and not a walking concussion giving machine with legs.

Only Duncan is close to the level of Prime Barkley

AirJordan23
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM

Ok but why you mad breh?

KJ > Barkley.

Round Mound
08-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Ok but why you mad breh?

KJ > Barkley.

:oldlol: :facepalm Blind Kid

AirJordan23
08-04-2010, 05:59 PM
:oldlol: @ how mad this Round Mound clown is. KJ is the greatest Phoenix Sun ever.

SuperPippen
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Barkley was a beast with an incredibly unique game, but the real reason I like him so much is 'cus he's so damn hilarious in pretty much whatever he does.

Round Mound
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Barkley not only outplayed Malone for 70% of their meetings before his injuries (1985-1996) but he also outplayed Garnett and Duncan as a crippled 34-36 year old.

That i find interesting especially since against Duncan...Hakeem (who was also wearing out) only played in 4 of those 8 meetings.

Charles Barkley vs Kevin Garnett

MPG: 36.1 vs 32.7
PPG: 17.7 PPG (49.0% FG) vs 13.4 (46.5% FG)
2-Point FG%: (53.6% FG) vs (47% rounding up)
RPG: 11.5 RPG vs 7.7 RPG
APG: 4.6 vs 3.0
BPG: 0.5 vs 1.5
SPG: 1.5 vs 1.0
PFs: 2.9 vs 2.7
TOvs: 2.5 vs 1.9

Charles Barkley vs Tim Duncan

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duncati01&p2=barklch01

MPG: 34.5 vs 38.5
PPG: 17.0 PPG (47.2% FG) vs 16.0 (46.4% GFG)
2-Point FG%: (50.0%) vs (46.4%)
RPG: 11.8 RPG vs 10.0 RPG
APG: 2.4. vs 4.0
BPG: 0.5 vs 1.6
SPG: 1.9 vs 0.3
PFs: 3.0 vs 3.6
TOvs: 2.0 vs 2.3

Prime Barkley was the Most Dominant PF Ever (EFF, PER and Statistical Plus/Minus also show what i saw at court Charles ages 22-31/32)

Round Mound
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
More clear proof of Sir Charles Superiority in both their primes

Player Comparison Barkley vs Malone ages 22-31/32 (1985-1996)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=barklch01&y1=1995&p2=malonka01&y2=1995

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=barklch01&y1=1996&p2=malonka01&y2=1996
:sleeping

godofgods
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
:oldlol: @ how mad this Round Mound clown is. KJ is the greatest Phoenix Sun ever.

You are both wrong. Steve Nash is the greatest Phoenix Sun ever.

liquidrage
08-04-2010, 11:53 PM

Since you're 12 I'll help you out. There was a time when not everyone tried to play like Jordan, a time when big men didn't spend all summer working on 3's. Today's game, and you hear it all the time, is lacking in fundamentals.

A prime Barkley would tear up today's league. Why? For the same reason he tore it up then. He was unguardable. If you put someone his height on him he would easily back them to the basket and because he had a great post game would easily score. If you put a big man on him he was faster and could take him off the dribble. And if you played off him, well, he had a great mid range jumper.

You seriously sound like a muffin head. You don't get it, and that's OK. But then don't act cocky because you're ****ing stupid.

Today's athletes are certainly better then yester-years. But you know what, pulling up off a cross over really just gets you separation. It's overused in today's game half the time its done it isn't even needed. It becomes a rushed shot. And it doesn't matter if you can't hit the shot how special you looked taking it. Barkley had a good fadeaway he used for seperation when needed. A great post game. There's a reason he was able to score so much.

Oh, and Charles took a 76ers team with much less talent to the playoffs and didn't win crap. And took a Suns team with probably slightly more talent to the finals against a stronger opponent. So it's a wash in what they've done thus far. Lebron will go down as the better all time player. But Barkley's a legit Top 20 all time player and if Lebron retired today for some reason I'd have Barkley over him.

Round Mound
08-05-2010, 12:32 AM
Since you're 12 I'll help you out. There was a time when not everyone tried to play like Jordan, a time when big men didn't spend all summer working on 3's. Today's game, and you hear it all the time, is lacking in fundamentals.

A prime Barkley would tear up today's league. Why? For the same reason he tore it up then. He was unguardable. If you put someone his height on him he would easily back them to the basket and because he had a great post game would easily score. If you put a big man on him he was faster and could take him off the dribble. And if you played off him, well, he had a great mid range jumper.

You seriously sound like a muffin head. You don't get it, and that's OK. But then don't act cocky because you're ****ing stupid.

Today's athletes are certainly better then yester-years. But you know what, pulling up off a cross over really just gets you separation. It's overused in today's game half the time its done it isn't even needed. It becomes a rushed shot. And it doesn't matter if you can't hit the shot how special you looked taking it. Barkley had a good fadeaway he used for seperation when needed. A great post game. There's a reason he was able to score so much.

Oh, and Charles took a 76ers team with much less talent to the playoffs and didn't win crap. And took a Suns team with probably slightly more talent to the finals against a stronger opponent. So it's a wash in what they've done thus far. Lebron will go down as the better all time player. But Barkley's a legit Top 20 all time player and if Lebron retired today for some reason I'd have Barkley over him.

[B]Decent Post.

Barkley is Statistically a Top 10 Player. I don

Round Mound
08-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Most Dominant PF Ever!

:bowdown:

Round Mound
08-05-2010, 04:48 PM
:rockon:

AirJordan23
08-05-2010, 04:54 PM
You are both wrong. Steve Nash is the greatest Phoenix Sun ever.
Nope. KJ > Nash > Barkley. Barkley was definitely overrated throughout his career.

Round Mound
08-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Nope. KJ > Nash > Barkley. Barkley was definitely overrated throughout his career.

[B]More like Underrated

Top 10 All Time EFF (N