PDA

View Full Version : Shaq signs with the Celtics!

Pages : [1] 2

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Two NBA sources told the Globe that the Celtics are in negotiations with NBA icon Shaquille O’Neal on a one-year contract (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/08/04/celtics_close_in_on_shaq/) that would bring the Big Aristotle to Boston to join Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen, forming perhaps the most interesting roster in recent history. Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2010/08/04/celtics_close_in_on_shaq/)

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0ve7ACwCJ (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/../nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0ve7ACwCJ)

Comcast Boston reports Celtics close to a contract with Shaq. According to sources, #Cavs are not involved in sign-and-trade talks w/Celtics

So if Shaq goes to Boston, it is likely going to be on a veteran's minimum contract of $1.4 million.

CSNNE.com (http://www.csnne.com/08/04/10/Shaq-to-become-a-Celtic/v1_landing_celtics.html?blockID=283326&feedID=3945)

Shaquille O'Neal has agreed to become a Boston Celtic, which would give the C's one of the most star-studded, Hall of Fame-bound lineups in recent memory.

He joins a team that already includes perennial all-stars Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.

Although O'Neal has said he wants to play at least two more seasons, his contract will be a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum.

KG5MVP
08-03-2010, 04:54 PM
lol if this was the early 2000s this team would be god like

shaq
garnett
paul pierce
ray allen
rasheed
finley

D-Rose
I'm guessing in the playoffs the two O'Neals come off the bench. This could be their major advantage over Miami.

Any news on rasheed?

Snoop_Cat
Does this jeopardize Shaq's chances of a retired jersey in LA

TylerOO
http://boston.sbnation.com/2010/8/3/1603402/shaquille-oneal-free-agent-celtics-contract-nba

Can't he just retire already?

Desperado
08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
:facepalm

Should have stayed in Cleveland and got rid of the ring chaser label.

It's just gonna be strange seeing a player like Shaq play for 6 different teams.

Kingsfans818
interesting

if they can now pick up Delonte West to replace Tony Allen they're extremely dangerous again.

BFRESH44
The Celtics vaunted Screen & Roll defense goes to the crapper, the minute Shaq steps onto the court.

SourGrapes
08-03-2010, 04:56 PM
ugh. just retire already

Jr Llaban
08-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Really doubt the 34 is gonna be retired in LA now. It's just not fair, 3 FMVPs for the Lakers and he gives the organization so many reasons to not retire his jersey.

chazzy
08-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Good pickup if Sheed is gone. His role won't be as big as it was in Cleveland

Batz
08-03-2010, 05:00 PM

Maniak
Im just ignoring Shaq now.

HylianNightmare
well come playoff time the magic are going to have to pick between miami and thier big three or boston with perk, shaq and JO to throw at dwight...

crisoner
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I thought Sheed was gunna retire?

Is he still on the Celtics roster? Team is old and get older signing Shaq but they can still be very dangerous.

AznTacoLover
08-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Damn, Now he trying to play for celtics? meh, hey if we can somehow help the celtics I'm all for it.

Lakers13
08-03-2010, 05:02 PM
When Perkins returns for the 2nd half of the season, the Celtics will have a nice frontline to battle LA with, as well as try to keep the Heat out of the paint.

DuMa
08-03-2010, 05:04 PM
well its gonna be weird seeing shaq in 3 different jerseys in 3 different years. people who usually criticize this decision usually looks at shaq's legacy first before shaq as a basketball player. and that is exactly why you are not employed to make basketball decisions as a NBA organization.

paperstreet
08-03-2010, 05:05 PM
meh, i like the idea of him, tmac, and iverson joining up in cleveland

bagelred
08-03-2010, 05:05 PM
"What happens when two washed up centers sign with the same team? And they decide to adopt a baby girl? Hilarity ensues!!!!"

TWO AND A HALF O'NEALS

Coming to TNT this Fall!!!!........."

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2010, 05:07 PM

Is he still on the Celtics roster? Team is old and get older signing Shaq but they can still be very dangerous.
he is...he's helping the cs out tho by not announcing it yet so that they can trade his contract to a team for a salary dump...something like that :lol

josh99
08-03-2010, 05:14 PM
well come playoff time the magic are going to have to pick between miami and thier big three or boston with perk, shaq and JO to throw at dwight...
I pick Miami.

gts
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
"What happens when two washed up centers sign with the same team? And they decide to adopt a baby girl? Hilarity ensues!!!!"

TWO AND A HALF O'NEALS

great photo shop op using big baby davis as the kid, for all the ISH artists

lilbeastnani
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I pick Miami.
As of right now:
Boston > Orlando
Miami > Orlando
Miami ? Boston

D-Rose
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
great photo shop op using big baby davis as the kid, for all the ISH artists
:oldlol:

Big Baby, that'd be the perfect name too.

HylianNightmare
08-03-2010, 05:19 PM
As of right now:
Boston > Orlando
Miami > Orlando
Miami ? Boston

i like the magic's chances over boston than miami, they just have way too many threats.

boston will be missing perk, who is great at defending dwight, and rasheed who also does a good job and replacing them with JO and shaq

BFRESH44
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
Is Shaq really going to sign for the veteran minimum?

Jermaine O'Neal who has been washed up for years, gets a Median Exception figure for 2 years after his dreadful post-season showing.

Yet Shaq settles for the vet min(who was all NBA 3rd team just 2 years ago)? Hard to believe. :oldlol:

Gotta figure a sign & trade is in the works.

crisoner
08-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I wanted Shaq to come back to the Lakers to be honest.
But I know he would not play off the bench etc.
It would just be nice to see him go out as a Laker...he brought 3 titles to our franchise and played his best ball here. But oh well....honestly not to mad seeing him go to the Celtics of all teams. I except Shaq for who he is.....ring chasing. But at least he is toward the end of his career so he gets a pass.

talk at ya
08-03-2010, 05:22 PM
i like the magic's chances over boston than miami, they just have way too many threats.

boston will be missing perk, who is great at defending dwight, and rasheed who also does a good job and replacing them with JO and shaq

Perk will be back by playoffs though. And Orlando almost got swept last year, I don't see them turning around and beating Boston this year.

lilbeastnani
08-03-2010, 05:24 PM

They had just as many threats last year, and haven't added anything new to the team. In fact they lost their best perimeter defender. The Celtics are the same team that almost swept them last year plus with the additions of Jermaine O'neal and possibly now Shaq.

1~Gibson~1

Perk is only out for the first half of the season, if not only a tad more. he'll be there during playoff time tho.

Is Shaq really going to sign for the veteran minimum?

Jermaine O'Neal who has been washed up for years, gets a Median Exception figure for 2 years after his dreadful post-season showing.

Yet Shaq settles for the vet min(who was all NBA 3rd team just 2 years ago)? Hard to believe. :oldlol:

Gotta figure a sign & trade is in the works.
according to Brian Windhorst the Cavs have nothing to do with this

Comcast Boston reports Celtics close to a contract with Shaq. According to sources, #Cavs are not involved in sign-and-trade talks w/Celtics

ProfessorMurder
That must mean Sheed will actually retire, probably after trading his contract.

barkleynash
08-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Great Signing, especially with Perk out. Shaq and JO will fit in great with these other vets. Play em both 20 minutes per with Big Baby getting the left over from them and KG. That's a great 4 post rotaion. When Perk comes back then it will be dec time, but with all those old bodies one of them will probably break down solving the logjam.

Lakers13
08-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I wanted Shaq to come back to the Lakers to be honest.
But I know he would not play off the bench etc.
It would just be nice to see him go out as a Laker...he brought 3 titles to our franchise and played his best ball here. But oh well....honestly not to mad seeing him go to the Celtics of all teams. I except Shaq for who he is.....ring chasing. But at least he is toward the end of his career so he gets a pass.

Sasha for Shaq :oldlol:

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
With Kendrick Perkins likely out until next January or February after suffering a torn ACL in Game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals, the Celtics need size. They've already signed Jermaine O'Neal, and now, they might be signing another big-name player.

According to A. Sherrod Blakely of Comcast SportsNet, the Celtics are "closing in" on a deal for none other than Shaquille O'Neal. This will obviously raise some eyebrows, because of Shaq's advanced age and his ineffectiveness in Cleveland last year, but with the Celtics' need for size, it's a logical signing.one of the biggest lies of the off-season

Kujo
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
This make sense with Perkins out until next year. Shaq should be able to put the same numbers as Perkins.

04mzwach
08-03-2010, 05:27 PM
If Shaq signs, I've got the Celtics to win the championship in 2011.

lilbeastnani
08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
If Shaq signs, I've got the Celtics to win the championship in 2011.
To be honest, this signing would push them over the top IMO for at least the best team in the east. Yes Miami has great talent but Boston is so battle tested and veteran laden right now I think they might just have one great year left in them.

barkleynash
08-03-2010, 05:42 PM
To be honest, this signing would push them over the top IMO for at least the best team in the east. Yes Miami has great talent but Boston is so battle tested and veteran laden right now I think they might just have one great year left in them.

spit the truth fellow bargs fan

ZenMaster
08-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Tom Thibadeu and Allen out.

Von Wafer and Shaq in.

There goes your defense down the crapper..

That1Dude07
08-03-2010, 05:45 PM
people care about Shaq still? i didnt realize this was 1999

Blackisbig
08-03-2010, 05:47 PM
one of the biggest lies of the off-season

Exactly. Second leading scorer in the playoffs and he wasn't even pulling thirty minutes a game, and he was coming in totally stale after suffering a fluke injury. Before the injury Shaq was rounding into form quite nicely while still getting limited minutes. Shaq is a great fit for the Celtics. He's still a low post option, and he's not going to clog the paint on the offensive end any more than Perkins would. Sure, he's not great on the pick and roll, but Perkins wasn't great at it either. He still can block shots around the rim, and he can defend other big men. In games against teams like the Lakers and the Magic he'll be very useful, just like he was for the Cavs last year.

Perkins comes back and Shaq's one of the best backup centers in the league. If Perkins doesn't come back or is severely hampered then I'd much rather roll into the playoffs if I was the celtics with Shaq at center over Jermaine.

HylianNightmare
08-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Perk is only out for the first half of the season, if not only a tad more. he'll be there during playoff time tho.

according to Brian Windhorst the Cavs have nothing to do with this

but then i'm taking into account time for perk to get back into the grove of things, and once perk gets in foul trouble they don't have sheed to come back and hastle dwight, then it's onto JO and shaq, neither of who are the defensive stoppers that bother dwight

MayCeltics
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Von Wafer and Shaq in.

There goes your defense down the crapper..

:confusedshrug: Celtics still have Pierce, Ray, KG, JO, Rondo, and Perk. All good/great defender. So I don't understand your point. Those additions would mean no more 5-8 minutes without scoring. Celtics suffered a lot last season because of long drought without any offense.

:hammertime:

Droid101
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Worse on defense, better on offense. I guess that's okay since they're usually top-5 defense lately anyway.

Good pick up. Hope he lays a good elbow into RuPaul on opening night.

HylianNightmare
08-03-2010, 06:12 PM
so whats the depth chart for the celtics right now?

Perk/Shaq/JO
Kg/Baby/ Harangody
Pierce
Ray/daniels
Rondo/nate

something like that right

i don't really remember who they drafted

barkleynash
08-03-2010, 06:17 PM
but then i'm taking into account time for perk to get back into the grove of things, and once perk gets in foul trouble they don't have sheed to come back and hastle dwight, then it's onto JO and shaq, neither of who are the defensive stoppers that bother dwight

I'd actually prefer Shaq over Wallace any day of the week vs Dwight cause now there's a much higher possibility of getting Dwight in foul trouble. Shaq usually saves his best games vs Howard

barkleynash
08-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Worse on defense, better on offense. I guess that's okay since they're usually top-5 defense lately anyway.

Good pick up. Hope he lays a good elbow into RuPaul on opening night.

I also hope he lays some lumber on Lebron too. That should be the game plan vs the heat. Rough them up old school Piston/Knicks style...

west
08-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Perk/Shaq/JO
Kg/Baby/ Harangody
Pierce
Ray/daniels
Rondo/nate

Perk/Shaq/JO(Maybe Sheed)
KG/Baby/Harangody
Pierce/Quis
Ray/Wafer/Bradley
Rondo/Nate
I like it.:pimp:

HylianNightmare
08-03-2010, 06:25 PM
KG/Baby/Harangody
Pierce/Quis
Ray/Wafer/Bradley
Rondo/Nate

thats right, i forgot about wafer

that lineup doesn't look bad

barkleynash
08-03-2010, 06:25 PM

Perk/Shaq/JO
Kg/Baby/ Harangody
Pierce
Ray/daniels
Rondo/nate

They need to sign West and move Daniels up as Pierce's back up. I also don't see Perk taking back the starting role upon his return, barring an injury to Shaq

Shaq(5)/Perk(5)/JO(5,4)
Kg(4,5)/Baby(4,5)
Pierce(3)/Daniels(2,3)
Ray(2)/ West(2,1)/ Wafer(2,3)
Rondo(1)/Nate(1)

Team_Hollywood
08-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Shaquille O'Neal signing with the Celtics. Just another reason why the Celtics are done. They're desperate, like Shaq is going to do anything against the Miami Heat. This is just a desperation signing. Even Rasheed, who didn't give a flying fuc*k about the team, is a better player than Shaq. Congrats Boston, end of an era for you guys. You won a title, and I think that should be enough for you guys.

The Miami Heat is the team to beat now, we are destined to win multiple titles.

New York Knicks
08-03-2010, 06:38 PM
He only signed with them so he could break Big Baby's thumb in practice.

crisoner
08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Shaquille O'Neal signing with the Celtics. Just another reason why the Celtics are done. They're desperate, like Shaq is going to do anything against the Miami Heat. This is just a desperation signing. Even Rasheed, who didn't give a flying fuc*k about the team, is a better player than Shaq. Congrats Boston, end of an era for you guys. You won a title, and I think that should be enough for you guys.

Question who the f*ck are you and why do you exists on these boards all of a sudden?

Damn clones man. I bet they are all the same person.

MayCeltics
08-03-2010, 06:41 PM

Done, :facepalm Even though they just finished the finals. :confusedshrug:

I smell pussi, Be Afraid :lol

He only signed with them so he could break Big Baby's thumb in practice.

ha ha, thats actually funny

ZenMaster
08-03-2010, 06:44 PM
:confusedshrug: Celtics still have Pierce, Ray, KG, JO, Rondo, and Perk. All good/great defender. So I don't understand your point. Those additions would mean no more 5-8 minutes without scoring. Celtics suffered a lot last season because of long drought without any offense.

:hammertime:

My point is that their defensive mastermind, assistant coach left for the Bulls. So there goes a lot of the defensive gameplanning.

And Shaq is a liability these days, opposing teams basically go full pick'n roll and run the break as much as they can when he's on the floor. It happened with Cleveland last year and it's going to happen to the Celtics this year.

JO and Shaq doesn't balance each other out very well as front court subs as neither of them has their legs and foot speed anymore.

Same thing with Nate Robinson and Von Wafer, they don't balance each other out very well since they're both huge ball stoppers on offense without much defense.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Big guy for the vet min, a decent pick up at that price. We could trade Sheed for Battier now (has been reported, I think) and have

Rondo/Nate/Bradley
Ray/Wafer/Bradley
Pierce/Battier/Quis
KG/Big Baby/Harangody
JO/Shaq

Sheed retires, then comes back for the playoffs (a la PJ Brown). Big man rotation:

KG/JO/Baby
Perk/Shaq/Sheed

Perk and Shaq wouldn't even need to play vs Miami though; KG/Davis/JO/Sheed would be sufficient. vs Orlando, Perk/Shaq/KG/Davis. vs LA, KG/JO/Shaq/Sheed.

EDIT: never going to happen, but imagine if it did.

JohnnySic
08-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I love it. The Celtics needed size against the Lakers (I'm sorry, fans of other teams, but the smart money says Celtics vs Lakers in the Finals, again) and no one's bigger than Shaq.

Yes, he's old, slow, and immobile. But you can't teach 7'1" 350lbs LOL.

Shaq
JO
'Sheed
KG
Shrek
Perk when he gets back

That is A LOT of tonnage. Good luck matching up.

MayCeltics
08-03-2010, 07:00 PM
My point is that their defensive mastermind, assistant coach left for the Bulls. So there goes a lot of the defensive gameplanning.

And Shaq is a liability these days, opposing teams basically go full pick'n roll and run the break as much as they can when he's on the floor. It happened with Cleveland last year and it's going to happen to the Celtics this year.

JO and Shaq doesn't balance each other out very well as front court subs as neither of them has their legs and foot speed anymore.

Same thing with Nate Robinson and Von Wafer, they don't balance each other out very well since they're both huge ball stoppers on offense without much defense.

oh, I see your point. But now Celtics will have options. Doc can basically Pick n Choose which combination works best. One night it could be KG/Perk, next night could be Baby/Perk, night after JO/ShaQ. Sheed could be back too. Depth is what matters right now.

The one glaring weakness I see is a perimeter defender off the bench. But that is yet to be determined. Rookie Avery Bradley was a great defender in college. Marquis is a decent defender, but not great. Von has the tools, maybe he can step it up? So will see if one of them steps up, or they'll have to make a trade down the road.

All in All, great off season.

Re-sign Pierce
Re-sign Ray
Re-sign Nate
Re-sign Marquis
Sign Von Wafer
Sign Jermaine O'neal
Sign Shaquille O'neal (If the reports are true)

Doc Rivers is back too

Jasper
08-03-2010, 07:04 PM

shaq
garnett
paul pierce
ray allen
rasheed
finley

Sheed is retired / Finley don't know about

I suppose you might want to add a small asset they have in Rondo.

Rondo and Shaq alone could beat 1/2 the teams in the league just on their pick and roll , and pop play :cheers:

QuebecBaller
08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
KG/Baby/Harangody
Pierce/Quis
Ray/Wafer/Bradley
Rondo/Nate

I don't want to see what this team will look like in 2-3 years. Many of them will retire

Haymaker
08-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Big guy for the vet min, a decent pick up at that price. We could trade Sheed for Battier now (has been reported, I think)

who in his right mind would give away battier for sheed?

ZenMaster
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM
oh, I see your point. But now Celtics will have options. Doc can basically Pick n Choose which combination works best. One night it could be KG/Perk, next night could be Baby/Perk, night after JO/ShaQ. Sheed could be back too. Depth is what matters right now.

The one glaring weakness I see is a perimeter defender off the bench. But that is yet to be determined. Rookie Avery Bradley was a great defender in college. Marquis is a decent defender, but not great. Von has the tools, maybe he can step it up? So will see if one of them steps up, or they'll have to make a trade down the road.

All in All, great off season.

Re-sign Pierce
Re-sign Ray
Re-sign Nate
Re-sign Marquis
Sign Von Wafer
Sign Jermaine O'neal
Sign Shaquille O'neal (If the reports are true)

Doc Rivers is back too

They still don't balance each other out well, that's the whole point. You say pick and chose what works best, but that still doesn't mean they work well compared to other contenders. And Perk isn't coming back for a while, and even when he does don't expect too much, his knee got torn up pretty bad and he's going to take a while to get into great playing shape. And when he finally does come back, he's on shortened time to become used to the rotation and new players.

It's not that I don't like Shaq at 1.4 mill, but I don't think their roster the way it is now is a legit contender. Teams just don't win with Shaq on the court anymore, you can see that from the +/- stats last year with Shaq in Cleveland.

The Celtics need KG to come back with better knees, I don't know if he can do that or not.

And still don't neglect the fact that Thibodeau wont be there. I know a lot of posters here underrate coaching because they don't know anything about coaching basketball, but he will be missed.

Don't count on a guy like Won Vafer all of the sudden becoming a defensive stopper.

Blackisbig
08-03-2010, 07:17 PM

A team that wants to get out of Battier's contract.

ZenMaster
08-03-2010, 07:18 PM

Yeah that doesn't sound legit at all.

ZenMaster
08-03-2010, 07:20 PM
A team that wants to get out of Battier's contract.

He's on the last year of his contract, 7mill. And is one of the best defensive players in the league, why would Houston give that up?

He's their #1 defensive option, you don't give a guy like that away when you're going to be competing for the playoffs in the west.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
He's on the last year of his contract, 7mill. And is one of the best defensive players in the league, why would Houston give that up?

He's their #1 defensive option, you don't give a guy like that away when you're going to be competing for the playoffs in the west.

His name has been mentioned because Houston are at the luxury tax threshold, and they have a few options on the wings. It won't happen, but it's a slight possibility.

Nash
08-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Great, I want Shaq to stay in the game.

SinJackal
08-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Good pickup. Fits in very nicely with their team. Imo the Celtics were arguably the best possible fit for him too.

Celtics might not be the #1 or even #2 seed, but they're going to be very dangerous in the playoffs. Just have to hope Allen doesn't shoot 10% in multiple games in the same series again, and they will be a top contender.

Desperado
08-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Celtics are the NBA's retirement home.

VishaltotheG
08-03-2010, 09:06 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/Sadbuttruefromyoutube.PNG

AMISTILLILL
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM

A retirement home that still takes the Lakers to seven games.

Sounds like that retirement home is doing pretty well for itself.

indiefan24
08-03-2010, 09:08 PM
If this was 2004-05 the Celtics would automatically be the champions.

GiveItToBurrito
08-03-2010, 09:10 PM

shaq
garnett
paul pierce
ray allen
rasheed
finley

Even with a fifteen year old Rondo, I think they'd be able to win a few titles.

GiveItToBurrito
08-03-2010, 09:12 PM
This would be great for Boston, they need another big body and their second unit offense is so piss poor that I think he'd help. For some reason, him, Nate Robinson, and Glen Davis on the same team makes me really happy. Almost reminds me of one of those Russian dolls.

Kurosawa0
08-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm done thinking Shaq is some sort of missing piece anymore. The guy has been on good teams and hasn't been past the second round in four years. He's done.

nbacardDOTnet
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM

Perk/Shaq/JO
Kg/Baby/ Harangody
Pierce
Ray/daniels
Rondo/nate

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/1%20Draft%20n%20Trade/2010%20NBA%20Draft/3cb670f6.jpg

Desperado
08-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow!

Penny, Kobe, D-Wade, Nash, Lebron and now the big 3?

Real Men Wear Green
08-03-2010, 10:48 PM
A rather Big problem, should this happen:

Paul Pierce is already #34.

Se
08-03-2010, 11:03 PM

I think he'll wear #13 (His Olympic number)

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2010, 11:16 PM
if everyone is healthy, i see their roster/depth chart as:

PG: Rajon Rondo / Nate Robinson / Oliver Lafayette
SG: Ray Allen / Avery Bradley / Tony Gaffney
SF: Paul Pierce / Marquis Daniels / Luke Harangody
PF: Kevin Garnett / Jermain O'Neal / Glenn Davis
C: Kendric Perkins / Shaquille O'Neal / Semih Erden

*Rasheed Wallace retired

Derka
08-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Clearly a move orchestrated to not end up on the short end of rebounding ever again.

Healthy KG, JO, Shaq, Erden, possibly Sheed if he sticks it out (Rondo, Paul and JO have been buzzing in his ear about getting in shape and giving it a go), and Perkins when he's healthy. They can be old...as long as they all stay HEALTHY no one should be too worried.

Pick up Delonte to shore up the wing and we've got ourselves a team that wins the East, hands down.

BallsOut
08-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I'm done thinking Shaq is some sort of missing piece anymore. The guy has been on good teams and hasn't been past the second round in four years. He's done.

You didn't think Shaq was done last year when you were on the Lebron James/Cavs bandwagon. But aren't you a Heat fan this year (cough bandwagoner)? Whoops did I do some exposing? :lol :lol

BallsOut
08-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Clearly a move orchestrated to not end up on the short end of rebounding ever again.

Healthy KG, JO, Shaq, Erden, possibly Sheed if he sticks it out (Rondo, Paul and JO have been buzzing in his ear about getting in shape and giving it a go), and Perkins when he's healthy. They can be old...as long as they all stay HEALTHY no one should be too worried.

Pick up Delonte to shore up the wing and we've got ourselves a team that wins the East, hands down.

Trade Rasheed for James Posey and sign Delonte as well :lol :lol

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2010, 11:22 PM
anyone that says Shaq is done doesnt watch the game of basketball. he sure as hell isnt the Shaq of old that played with Kobe and was the main option on the Lakers, but he still is a big body, defensive force and good rebounder. on a team like the Celtics [that took a hit on the boards and will probably take a hit on defense due to Tom leaving], he'll do great in his reduced role imo.

Shaq isnt done yet, and i honestly dont know what people are talking about.

west
08-03-2010, 11:25 PM
anyone that says Shaq is done doesnt watch the game of basketball. he sure as hell isnt the Shaq of old that played with Kobe and was the main option on the Lakers, but he still is a big body, defensive force and good rebounder. on a team like the Celtics [that took a hit on the boards and will probably take a hit on defense due to Tom leaving], he'll do great in his reduced role imo.

This. Shaq isn't gonna be full time starter, i remember Shaq was probably the second best player on the Cavs in Celtics series, he put us in the penalty early a few times. And for vet min, that's a no brainer.

1~Gibson~1
08-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Trade Rasheed for James Posey and sign Delonte as well :lol :lol
[i realize the joke but] the reason Boston didnt re-sign Posey is because he wanted a big contract...they definitely dont want him now that he's declined/still declining :lol

ProfessorMurder
08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I hope Lafayette gets to play some this year. He looked pretty good in summer league.

Harangody/Bradley looked good too.

raptorfan_dr07
08-04-2010, 12:49 AM

It's funny because just a few weeks ago, it was considered an AWESOME signing for the Lakers to get Theo Ratliff :rolleyes: yet somehow Shaq is a bad pick up for the Celtics. Shaq at 38/39>>>>>>>Theo Ratliff. When Perkins comes back Shaq will likely come off the bench and even at his age, he'd be the best backup C in the league, easily. If this signing goes through, Boston's got the best front court rotation in the NBA. KG/Perk/Shaq/JO/Big Baby. That's a ton of size, size that can and will contribute. They'd be even more dangerous if they can convince Sheed to play one more year. They can matchup with any front court in the NBA and will dish out their fair share of hard fouls. If they can nab a Delonte West, this team is looking set for yet another championship run.

jbot
08-04-2010, 01:05 AM
Boston is stacking up against Miami. not sure who'd get more PT...slow & old Shaq or hobbled Jermaine?

LA_Showtime
08-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Wow; even if Pierce, KG, and Allen lose another step, the Celtics are going to be really good. Watch out, Team Diva.

RazorBaLade
08-04-2010, 01:51 AM
It's funny because just a few weeks ago, it was considered an AWESOME signing for the Lakers to get Theo Ratliff :rolleyes: yet somehow Shaq is a bad pick up for the Celtics. Shaq at 38/39>>>>>>>Theo Ratliff. When Perkins comes back Shaq will likely come off the bench and even at his age, he'd be the best backup C in the league, easily. If this signing goes through, Boston's got the best front court rotation in the NBA. KG/Perk/Shaq/JO/Big Baby. That's a ton of size, size that can and will contribute. They'd be even more dangerous if they can convince Sheed to play one more year. They can matchup with any front court in the NBA and will dish out their fair share of hard fouls. If they can nab a Delonte West, this team is looking set for yet another championship run.

theo is great for a 9th man

thejumpa
08-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Wow; even if Pierce, KG, and Allen lose another step, the Celtics are going to be really good. Watch out, Team Diva.

Team Diva? The C's are loaded with big men who can rebound/score/play defense. I think you meant watch out Lakers. Assuming they are all healthy, this team can beat anyone.

I never understood why people doubt and underrate the Celtics so much. Let's be real...they were 1 game away from going to the Finals 3 straight years. KG is old...Pierce is fat and sucks.....Ray Allen is done....yet they keep winning and improving. I really don't understand it.

LA_Showtime
08-04-2010, 01:56 AM
Team Diva? The C's are loaded with big men who can rebound/score/play defense. I think you meant watch out Lakers. Assuming they are all healthy, this team can beat anyone.

I never understood why people doubt and underrate the Celtics so much. Let's be real...they were 1 game away from going to the Finals 3 straight years. KG is old...Pierce is fat and sucks.....Ray Allen is done....yet they keep winning and improving. I really don't understand it.

What are you talking about? I made the comment because the Heat, who are widely considered the favorites to come out of the East, are going to have a lot of trouble beating the Celtics.

And who the hell is doubting the Celtics? Saying "Watch out, Team Diva" does not sound like somebody who's underrating them. Lmao.

White Chocolate
08-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Could have a Boston/Miami ECF. Miami is in for a nice surprise once they run into a team with depth.

thejumpa
08-04-2010, 02:02 AM
What are you talking about? I made the comment because the Heat, who are widely considered the favorites to come out of the East, are going to have a lot of trouble beating the Celtics.

And who the hell is doubting the Celtics? Saying "Watch out, Team Diva" does not sound like somebody who's underrating them. Lmao.

I understood what you were saying perfectly. I agree with what you said. I just wanted to add that they have reloaded and can beat anyone. Not just Miami. I didn't even mention if Sheed comes back.

And....I wasn't talking about you when I said people are underrating the Celtics. I mean, it's pretty clear that you weren't. However, surely you have seen people on here talking about how Shaq is done and how the C's are done yet they continue to prove otherwise every year.

BallsOut
08-04-2010, 02:10 AM
I was one of the few people who openly stated that the Celtics would stop Lebron and the Cavs just like in 2008 before the 2010 series began even when some of the own Celtics fans were doubtful of themselves.

If the Celtics can add Delonte and a big defensive wing like a James Posey, they will destroy the Heat just like they've destroyed the Cavs for the past few seasons.

It still comes down to playing the game of basketball. The heat look stacked on paper because they have 3 of the top 10 players in the league, but the Celtics are just great defensively. They just shut you down, frustrate you, and eat your heart out. That's why I'm not buying all this bandwagon talk. The heat haven't won smack.

El Kabong
08-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Well i'm glad he found a team. It would have been a sad ending to his career if nobody wanted to pick him up. Hopefully he'll take note of this and retire at the end of next year rather then go down this road again.

ashbelly
08-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Shaq signing to Celtics means Orlando aint going far in the Playoffs.. They don't even have to worry about guarding dwight by comittee.. Shaq and perkins will get the job done easily. I smell a sweep if Orlando meet the Celtics in the Playoffs. They still don't have anyone to guard Pierce and Rondo.. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Team_Hollywood
08-04-2010, 02:20 AM
Lets be honest, Shaq is done, and he doesn't bring anything to the table. He is overweight, has poor work ethic, doesn't care about winning, thinks he's still in his prime, has a bigger ego than Kobe Bryant, is this really a good signing? No, of course not, good luck Boston. Your championship hope relies on this the big embarrassment. Boston makes it to the 2nd round, at best.

WE DA BESS

LA_Showtime
08-04-2010, 02:21 AM
Even if Shaq isn't that effective, a front court rotation that includes him, KG, Perkins, Jermaine O'Neal, Big Baby, and possibly 'Sheed is a scary thought. Hell, the Lakers might rather face Team Diva.

west
08-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Even if Shaq isn't that effective, a front court rotation that includes him, KG, Perkins, Jermaine O'Neal, Big Baby, and possibly 'Sheed is a scary thought. Hell, the Lakers might rather face Team Diva.
That's a hell of a compliment.....:eek: :pimp:

ProfessorMurder
08-04-2010, 02:46 AM
For people saying Shaq is done don't seem to realize Perk's stats.

Last year Shaq put up 12/6.7 in 23.4 mins
Perk had 10.1/7.6 in 27.6 mins

They'll sacrifice some defense with Perk out, but Shaq gets teams in foul trouble and put up pretty similar stats, and clogs the middle. That's all he needs to do.

JO put up 13.6/6.9 in 28.4 mins last year.

JO and Shaq can split minutes and combine for like 20/12 while Perk is out. That's not bad... Oh and Perk/JO/Shaq all shot over 52.8% last year. That's solid.

I'm really curious to see what happens with Sheed.

JohnnySic
08-04-2010, 06:01 AM
SG: Ray Allen / Avery Bradley / Tony Gaffney

*Rasheed Wallace retired
'Sheed has not officially retired yet and you forgot Von Wafer...

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 07:01 AM
So now that Thibs left, the Celtics are just gonna throw away the defensive system they've been using for 3 years? :oldlol: It's not like they're going to forget the defensive system.

SinJackal
08-04-2010, 07:07 AM
Shaq signing to Celtics means Orlando aint going far in the Playoffs.. They don't even have to worry about guarding dwight by comittee.. Shaq and perkins will get the job done easily. I smell a sweep if Orlando meet the Celtics in the Playoffs. They still don't have anyone to guard Pierce and Rondo.. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Celtics would most likely be playing the Heat, and not the Magic in the second round. Unless you don't think the Heat will get the 1 seed, or that the Celtics/Magic will easily get the 2/3 seeds with no chance to catch the Heat and no chance by the Bulls do get more than 4th.

Either way, those teams will all be clashing in the second round. Heat could get knocked out early, as predicted. They better home they earn home court.

Team_Hollywood
08-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Question who the f*ck are you and why do you exists on these boards all of a sudden?

Damn clones man. I bet they are all the same person.

Another case of a butt hurt Lakers fan. B*tch and bark all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the Miami Heat is the best team in the NBA.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh are legit top 10 material. You are mad, and I can't blame you. Because haters hate, and they hate the best.

WE DA BESS

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Another case of a butt hurt Lakers fan. B*tch and bark all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the Miami Heat is the best team in the NBA.

LeBron, Wade, Bosh are legit top 10 material. You are mad, and I can't blame you. Because haters hate, and they hate the best.

WE DA BESS

http://www.strategicprofits.com/wp-images/posts/pic-gun_to_head.jpg

TruthKGRay3412
08-04-2010, 08:37 AM
almost cried when i heard the news..I pray Shaq doesnt sign with the Celtics.

Rambis
08-04-2010, 08:40 AM

WE DA BESS

Why are you hyping the Heat in a discussion about the Celts?

Basically, at worst, Celtics just added someone to destroy Big Z. Shaq has enjoyed doing that for YEARS.

Seriously, if the Celts are healthy, they could make it to the Finals and have a shot of winning. Would be very interesting to see Shaq play the Lakers in the finals.

Soundwave
08-04-2010, 08:42 AM
I still think everything on the Celtics rides on Garnett's knees.

If he's healthy, then they got a shot. If he's not ... I think you can pile on all the aging depth into their front court you want .... it's not going to be the same if he's hobbling up and down the court.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 08:43 AM
So now that Thibs left, the Celtics are just gonna throw away the defensive system they've been using for 3 years? :oldlol: It's not like they're going to forget the defensive system.

No, but he was GREAT at game planning defensively for specific players and teams, they'll miss that.

If you really think he doesn't make a difference they mind as well have fired him now that they know the defensive system.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 09:08 AM
No, but he was GREAT at game planning defensively for specific players and teams, they'll miss that.

If you really think he doesn't make a difference they mind as well have fired him now that they know the defensive system.

Von Wafer and Shaq in.

There goes your defense down the crapper.. ^ This was your original statement.

It's funny how people give him full credit for the Celtics defense, his system will still be implemented by Doc and the other coaches. The Celtics also picked up Lawrence Frank who is also a decent defensive coach and can add a thing or two to the system.

Desperado
08-04-2010, 09:15 AM

WE DA BESS

STFU!

Y'all haven't won sh*t yet...

Lakers are the 2x defending champions and still the best until another team takes our title.

Why would we be butt hurt for? LA upgraded their bench which was really our only weakness. The rest of the league is worried about how they are gonna beat the Lakers not Miami, just ask Rondo.

Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, Barnes, Blake, Ebanks, Ratliff + the GOAT coach Phil Jackson >>>>> Team Diva

Y'all look like a good team on paper but rings aren't handed out for winning the free agency and being the best team on paper.

Until y'all prove you can win on the court stfu and sit you ass down!

WE DA BESS

JohnnySic
08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Question: When did Tony Allen become a critical cog in the wheel? Before his good showing in the playoffs, most Celtics fans hated the guy, and most non-Celtics fans didn't know who he was. I have always been a staunch defender of Tony the Tiger, but lets not start overrating him either.

TA was a very good man defender, but his offense was a train wreck. I'd rather get a more balanced player in that slot. Remember, the C's still have teh 'Sheed contract to deal (assuming he does indeed intend to retire).

As for Thibadeu... he will be missed, but lets not overstate this either. It still comes down to the players, especially on a veteran team. And the C's did bring in Lawrence Frank, who is an excellent defensive coach as well.

west
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Shaquille O'Neal has decided to join the Boston Celtics, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. He is expected to tell the team of his intentions Wednesday morning.

The length of the contract is not known, but O'Neal, who has been seeking a two-year deal, will play for the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million annually.

Celtics coach Doc Rivers began pursuing O'Neal last month when the two met in Orlando. Boston and the Atlanta Hawks were the two clubs most interested in O'Neal, and sources say O'Neal chose the Celtics because he believes they have a better chance of winning what would be his fifth NBA championship.
:rockon: :pimp: :banana:

Team_Hollywood
08-04-2010, 10:06 AM
STFU!

Y'all haven't won sh*t yet...

I can tell you're already butt hurt after this statement, try hiding your insecurities a little bit.

Lakers are the 2x defending champions and still the best until another team takes our title.

That wasn't the case when Boston won 3 yrs ago. They were the defending champions yet L.A and Cleveland were favored over them. Who cares if L.A won last year. Team Hollywood didn't exist last year, this year it does.
Team Hollywood > overrated soft Lakers team

Why would we be butt hurt for? LA upgraded their bench which was really our only weakness. The rest of the league is worried about how they are gonna beat the Lakers not Miami, just ask Rondo.

Rondo also said he's better than Chris Paul. Try again, kid.

Kobe, Gasol, Artest, Bynum, Odom, Fisher, Barnes, Blake, Ebanks, Ratliff + the GOAT coach Phil Jackson >>>>> Team Diva

LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane wade >> your entire Laker team

Y'all look like a good team on paper but rings aren't handed out for winning the free agency and being the best team on paper.

Until y'all prove you can win on the court stfu and sit you ass down!

The best team will win the title, and the Miami Heat are the best team this year. You're blind hater, an obvious case of a mind rape.

Haters hate, and hate on the best.

WE DA BESS

leopoldstotch
08-04-2010, 10:13 AM
i am just speechless about this acquisition.

this in my opinion is a solid acquisition by the celtics. also, they don't have to depend on shaq as much as shaq's previous teams (cavs, suns) so he can do his thing 15-20 minutes a game.

celtics are quietly having one of the best offseasons out of all the teams. :lol

Rolando
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Unlike most other teams, the Celts can handle and absorb Shaq's huge ego. I don't predict any chemistry problems.

Gonna be great to see Shaq playing along side Garnett.

ashbelly
08-04-2010, 11:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/columns/story?columnist=forsberg_chris&id=5436019

Happy now, Paul Pierce?

Shortly after opting out of the final year of a bloated contract to sign a team-friendly, four-year, $61 million deal last month, Pierce expressed disappointment in the lack of impact moves being made by Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge this offseason.

Boston quietly retained Pierce, Ray Allen, Marquis Daniels and Nate Robinson -- a fine offseason haul to most -- but the lack of big-name additions as much of the Eastern Conference loaded up left Pierce leery of his team's chances to get back to the NBA Finals.

Sure, the Green inked Jermaine O'Neal, utilizing its midlevel exception, but that was considered a move of necessity given that starting center Kendrick Perkins will miss as much as the first four months of the regular season after having offseason knee surgery. Even when Perkins returns, O'Neal could fill the role vacated by Rasheed Wallace, who the team insists still intends to retire.

Little more than a month after free agency began, amid a picked-clean free-agent crop, the Celtics seemingly made their big-splash move Tuesday, as sources indicated to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that Shaquille O'Neal has decided to sign with the Celtics for the veteran's minimum of $1.4 million annually.

Yes, O'Neal is 38. Yes, his game has diminished. But the Celtics appear set to add a four-time NBA champion and a 15-time All-Star to a roster that came six minutes shy of winning a world title this past season.

If there were any doubts before, this move would show the Celtics don't plan to simply lie down and cede the East to the likes of the Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls.

Maybe the only real surprise is the fact that it took this long for the sides to come together. Ainge expressed a desire for another big body throughout the summer, and O'Neal suggested he wanted to play for a contender.

Whispers trickled out about mutual interest in late July, but the Celtics quietly noted there would be no relationship unless O'Neal agreed to a low-money deal and a reserve role (leaving the potential for an annulment should the union go sour).

In the end, it seems both sides need each other more than they originally were willing to admit.

With the addition of Shaq, the Celtics would have the sort of height Ainge only dreamed about during flirtations with Robert Swift. Suddenly, Boston would boast a 7-foot-1 body it could mix and match with Jermaine O'Neal (6-11), Glen Davis (6-9), Kevin Garnett (6-11), Semih Erden (7-0) and (when healthy) Perkins (6-10). Heck, Boston might even have the most intimidating frontcourt in the East if Wallace (6-11) decides to come back for one more rodeo.

Regardless, the team no longer would have to lean on the Shelden Williamses of the world. For a Boston squad whose rebounding struggles were exposed in the final games of its 2009-10 campaign -- on the league's biggest stage, no less -- Shaq's addition would significantly beef up the frontcourt.

Meanwhile, with suitors dwindling, O'Neal was starting to get questions about whether he'd be forced to play overseas to net that one final payday. Besides developing an international audience for "Shaq Vs.," what good would a tour with Olympiakos do for O'Neal, who has earned $291 million in basketball contracts for his 18-year career? He needs a place he could win a championship before riding off into the sunset.

But there's reason to worry this could backfire against Boston. After all, O'Neal didn't exactly integrate seamlessly last season with Cleveland -- a team that won 61 games and earned the top spot in the East (before being bounced in the second round of the playoffs by the Celtics). Isn't winning supposed to cure all that ails?

However, the leadership on the Celtics, most notably coach Doc Rivers, won't allow one player to disrupt the chemistry that's been forged over the past three seasons. O'Neal's role would be well defined entering the season, and expect him to utter the same company line that Jermaine O'Neal did when he was introduced, noting that Perkins is the starter when he returns and he wants to do whatever he can to help the team.

So can Shaq truly be happy with reserve minutes? It might work better in Boston than anywhere else, considering that both Garnett (29.9 minutes per game last season) and Perkins (27.6) don't average heavy minutes. As we pointed out in last week's Celtics mailbag, that leaves roughly 38.5 minutes per game for frontcourt reserves. Last season, Wallace (22.5) and Davis (17.3) split those, but with Perkins out to start the season, that leaves a total of nearly 66 minutes for the O'Neals, Davis and Erden (who should be eased into NBA competition in his rookie season).

Yes, the pie will be harder to divide once Perkins returns, but given the advanced age and injury history of the Celtics, an abundance of minute-hungry big men is a phenomenal problem to have.

You'll hear how Shaq is a defensive liability, particularly in the pick-and-roll. This is pretty much indisputable, but remember this: Shaq's defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) actually dipped to a respectable 102 this past season in Cleveland, which is exactly what it was when he won a title in Miami in 2005-06 and just a point more than his rating when the Lakers won a title in 2000-01. Put quality defenders like Rajon Rondo, Garnett and Pierce in the same lineup, and it's unlikely O'Neal will be exposed.

The stats suggest Cleveland was a more productive offensive team without O'Neal on the floor, and there's concern he could bog down the Celtics' running offense by being unable to get up and down the floor. On the flip side, the attention he commands around the basket could loosen the defense in a half-court set (where Boston really struggled), and his ability to score around the basket is a bonus for a Celtics team that lacks around-the-cylinder finishers (Perkins regressed late last season, while Garnett now favors a perimeter game).

That's not to suggest that O'Neal's addition would be all sunshine and rainbows. Adding another ego to an already-combustible locker room would challenge Rivers' ability to control the circus, while there's genuine concern about the productivity and reliability of any 38-year-old.

But Pierce wanted impact bodies. The Josh Boones and Kwame Browns don't bring the ability and mystique O'Neal does. Boston needs a player who will make the rest of the East stand up and take notice. That's exactly what the buzz of a potential deal did Tuesday.

It's fitting that word spread just hours before the NBA unveiled its season-opening and holiday schedules for the 2010-11 campaign. The new season tips off Oct. 26 as Boston's Big Three host the Miami Thrice of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on national television. It presumably will also be O'Neal's debut in green, and even Miami's Super Friends will have to share the spotlight with the "Diesel."

What's more, O'Neal's history with the Heat is reason enough to bring him in. He teamed with Wade to help bring Miami a title in 2006, then spent a disappointing year in Cleveland with James last season. There surely will be motivation when he sees the Heat line up across the court.

Then there's his history with Orlando and Los Angeles, two other teams the Celtics likely would have to go through in search of Banner 18.

Which is the only thing the 2010-11 Celtics will settle for this season. And that's exactly the reason Pierce wants a player like O'Neal.

bagelred
08-04-2010, 11:11 AM

TWO AND A HALF O'NEALS

The show was picked up by the network!!!!!:banana:

boozehound
08-04-2010, 11:13 AM
already a sticky, douche

HylianNightmare
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
wow... good pickup for the celtics of course, but i just keep losing respect for shaq...

Team_Hollywood
08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
'The Big Embarrassment' is now with the Celtics. Congrats Boston, you guys are done. Seriously, that fat slob isn't going to make a difference. He is a horrible defender, he's lazy, poor work ethic, no athleticism what so ever, huge ego problem, etc. I can go on, I'll have some mercy this time. Oh, did I mention he hogs the ball in the paint? :oldlol:

Seems to me like this guy should have retired as 'The Big Cactus'.

- WE DA BESS

TruthKGRay3412
08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Looking at the bright side,this cant hurt our team..because no other player could be worse than Rasheed Wallace was last year during the regular season.

Team_Hollywood
08-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Looking at the bright side,this cant hurt our team..because no other player could be worse than Rasheed Wallace was last year during the regular season.

Why are you looking at the regular season? Rasheed came to play in the playoffs. It doesn't matter how much you want to twist reality, facts will remain facts.

Shaq is NOT a good acquisition, he's been irrelevant to the NBA for quite some time now. Take a look at his most recent teams. Phoenix, Cleveland...You can keep living in your little Boston fan world, at the end of the day....Shaq is still a bad player who can't bring anything to the team except for hogging and asking for the ball in the paint.

-WE DA BESS

JellyBean
08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
The Big Shamrock will go for ring #5. Nice move by the C's. This is really a good move. Nobody in the East can stop the C's starters. And now that they may add Shaq, this gives the C's the best bench in the East. I am about to become a Celtics fan.

ashbelly
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Anyone noticed that Celtics have 4 centers and shaq has the best knees out of all of them ??? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

TruthKGRay3412
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Why are you looking at the regular season? Rasheed came to play in the playoffs. It doesn't matter how much you want to twist reality, facts will remain facts.

Shaq is NOT a good acquisition, he's been irrelevant to the NBA for quite some time now. Take a look at his most recent teams. Phoenix, Cleveland...You can keep living in your little Boston fan world, at the end of the day....Shaq is still a bad player who can't bring anything to the team except for hogging and asking for the ball in the paint.

-WE DA BESS

I hate Shaq,hated him in Cleveland and nothing has changed..I think he is a washed up bum who can occasionally have a good offensive night..like I said im tryna look at the bright side since im a diehard C's fan.

BTW drop the "we da bess" nonsense,probably the gayest sig idea i have ever witnessed.

Desperado
08-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I can tell you're already butt hurt after this statement, try hiding your insecurities a little bit.

That wasn't the case when Boston won 3 yrs ago. They were the defending champions yet L.A and Cleveland were favored over them. Who cares if L.A won last year. Team Hollywood didn't exist last year, this year it does.
Team Hollywood > overrated soft Lakers team

Rondo also said he's better than Chris Paul. Try again, kid.

LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane wade >> your entire Laker team

The best team will win the title, and the Miami Heat are the best team this year. You're blind hater, an obvious case of a mind rape.

Haters hate, and hate on the best.

WE DA BESS

http://www.bostoncelticsproshop.com/images/products/fullimages/3041_Los_Angeles_Lakers_2010_NBA_Finals_Champions_ Ultra_Decal.jpg

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/assets_c/2010/06/Fisher%20Trophy-thumb-275x559-13967-thumb-275x559-13968-thumb-250x508-14023.jpg

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/270386-3/Pau+Gasol_+Phil+Jackson_+Kobe+Bryant_+and+Lamar+Od om+formal+NBA+Championship+photo+2009.jpg

U :mad:?

WE DA BESS

Rashard
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I think this move puts the Celtics back in the finals. They have a legit 6 (if Sheed returns) starting calibar front court guys.

Perk/JO/Shaq
KG/Baby/Sheed

I dont see how the Heat handle that at all with Z, Anthony and Haslem. Just far to much size, strength and length. The Celtics need to add more wing defense and they are set.

FlipBaller31
08-04-2010, 11:53 AM
the Magics will have a tougher time now

ashbelly
08-04-2010, 12:00 PM

Magic aint going nowhere. if they play the celtics in the Playoffs, i guarantee a sweep..

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Update. Shaq has officially signed with the C's.

SG: Ray Allen / Avery Bradley / Von Wafer

Probably Depth Chart, when healthy.

ispin69
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
'The Big Embarrassment' is now with the Celtics. Congrats Boston, you guys are done. Seriously, that fat slob isn't going to make a difference. He is a horrible defender, he's lazy, poor work ethic, no athleticism what so ever, huge ego problem, etc. I can go on, I'll have some mercy this time. Oh, did I mention he hogs the ball in the paint? :oldlol:

- WE DA BESS

U MAD? :lol

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 12:06 PM
ironically [even though this thread has zero to do with the Heat of Lakers], there is a Heat vs. Lakers war going on in a Celtics/Shaq thread :facepalm

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 12:09 PM
^ This was your original statement.

It's funny how people give him full credit for the Celtics defense, his system will still be implemented by Doc and the other coaches. The Celtics also picked up Lawrence Frank who is also a decent defensive coach and can add a thing or two to the system.

The statement is based on the combining factors of Von Wafer + Shaq - Thibadeu and Tony Allen. I did not give all credit to the coach, it's funny how people have problems reading and comprehending an entire post.

It's not only about having a system implemented, I said Thibadeu was great at defensive gameplanning, which is something that changes for every opponent.

Also I didn't know they hired Frank, thats a great signing.

jrong
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Come on, Big Dissension Stirrer. Let's make it six-for-six!

AznTacoLover
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't mind him signing, but it's going to be weird wearing a different jersey every year geez

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Anyone noticed that Celtics have 4 centers and shaq has the best knees out of all of them ??? :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
they also have insurance in the rookies, Semih Erden and Luke Harangody along with the proven Glenn Big Baby Davis to fill in if anyone gets hurt [which is pretty much guarenteed with all of their oldies :lol ]

OrlandoAnderson
08-04-2010, 12:13 PM

- WE DA BESS

must suck being a cavs fan this year.
facepalm.

Fatstogie
08-04-2010, 12:16 PM
Id say it was a good move but they paid him way too much money and got him a way too long a contract.

So bad move. But Perkins should still be getting the most playing time. So IMO thats way too much money for someone who aint gonna be a starter.

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
Id say it was a good move but they paid him way too much money and got him a way too long a contract.

So bad move. But Perkins should still be getting the most playing time. So IMO thats way too much money for someone who aint gonna be a starter.
are you talking about Shaq? because he got the veterans minimum for only a year :lol

OrlandoAnderson
08-04-2010, 12:20 PM
they also have insurance in the rookies, Semih Erden and Luke Harangody along with the proven Glenn Big Baby Davis to fill in if anyone gets hurt [which is pretty much guarenteed with all of their oldies :lol ]

II particularly like the size we have , hmm yeaa i'd probs prefer to get Sheed back but Shaq's the next best thing for this situation, fark Kwame .. Rondo should work well with the big's.. he's got more offensive weapons to activate , and Pierce, Ray and the likes of Von Wafer etc. can be silent scopes from afar. With Nate Robinson rounding off quarters with his Energy off the bench and Marquise relieving Pierce in stretches where the offence can lax.

What was shaq's biggest game of last season?

GreatHILL
http://www.inewscatcher.com/timages/0a6d9b27f496c7f16084a59b479b1fd8.jpg

Kevin_Garnett_5

So bad move. But Perkins should still be getting the most playing time. So IMO thats way too much money for someone who aint gonna be a starter. The vet minimum is too much for someone who isn't going to start?

ashbelly
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
II particularly like the size we have , hmm yeaa i'd probs prefer to get Sheed back but Shaq's the next best thing for this situation, fark Kwame .. Rondo should work well with the big's.. he's got more offensive weapons to activate , and Pierce, Ray and the likes of Von Wafer etc. can be silent scopes from afar. With Nate Robinson rounding off quarters with his Energy off the bench and Marquise relieving Pierce in stretches where the offence can lax.

What was shaq's biggest game of last season?

VS memphis in the Q.. dude was abusing their Front court. Also game 1 vs Bulls in the playoffs was good too.

jrong
08-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Can't went to see Wade and James get their payback dunks over him. An alley-oop from one to the other, with Shaq getting put on a poster in the process? Fantastic!

boozehound
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
are you talking about Shaq? because he got the veterans minimum for only a year :lol
hes either confused between oneals or is joking. BTW, ashhole, its hardly official.

ispin69
08-04-2010, 12:23 PM
I guess I'm a new celtic fan! :cheers:
Where Shaq goes I am a fan of the team.

Always liked Boston. Hate the LA Rapists.
They could have beat the lakers if they had Shaq last year.

OrlandoAnderson
08-04-2010, 12:24 PM
VS memphis in the Q.. dude was abusing their Front court. Also game 1 vs Bulls in the playoffs was good too.

statline

thk

ashbelly
08-04-2010, 12:34 PM
statline

thk

he had some good games vs boston/orlando/thunder scroing over 20 points.

But the memphis game i liked it mostly because he was dominating the rebounds ..

He had 13 pts/15 rebounds and beasted Marc gasol. He had multiple 20 point games against Boston but his rebounding was not great.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 12:43 PM
The statement is based on the combining factors of Von Wafer + Shaq - Thibadeu and Tony Allen. I did not give all credit to the coach, it's funny how people have problems reading and comprehending an entire post.

It's not only about having a system implemented, I said Thibadeu was great at defensive gameplanning, which is something that changes for every opponent.

Also I didn't know they hired Frank, thats a great signing. Oh so all the credit doesn't only go to Thibs, it goes to Thibs AND Tony Allen. :facepalm

The TA situation reminds me of when Posey left and how everyone thought the Celtics defense would take a big hit. One player does not make or break the Celtics defense, we'll still be among the top 5-7 defensive teams next season at worst.

BTW, do you really think Wafer will have any impact on the Celtics D? The guy will be lucky to get 8 minutes a game. Shaq shouldn't be much of a problem either when you have KG, JO and Perk sharing minutes with him.

hawkfan
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
That's seriously pathetic that the Hawks didn't offer more than the vet minimum. Just pathetic. They are sufficiently under the luxury tax to have signed him to a bigger offer.

Who are we looking at now? Kwame Brown - at least he's better than Jason Collins.

JohnnySic
08-04-2010, 12:55 PM
NICE. The one weakness the team had, rebounding, has been addressed with the 2 O'Neals. This team is going to be unbeatable in a series. Please hate on me all you like. :D

SourGrapes
08-04-2010, 12:59 PM
he had some good games vs boston/orlando/thunder scroing over 20 points.

But the memphis game i liked it mostly because he was dominating the rebounds ..

He had 13 pts/15 rebounds and beasted Marc gasol. He had multiple 20 point games against Boston but his rebounding was not great.

pleezebelieve is a weird person. you need help loser!

also, it's a pity shaquille has to associate himself with so many teams

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-04-2010, 01:00 PM
SHAQ in a month:

Paulina Pierce is the Best player in the League and he is the best ever player after shaq played with Kobe, Wade & Lebron

Ray Allen has the sweetest jump shot in the whole league

after the year.....he will start bashing Ainge/Do & PP

All being said...I like Boston's Size in the middle...

bagelred
08-04-2010, 01:07 PM

JohnnySic
08-04-2010, 01:09 PM
ironically [even though this thread has zero to do with the Heat of Lakers], there is a Heat vs. Lakers war going on in a Celtics/Shaq thread
Par for the course! And sadly its gonna be that way all season. :lol

How can anyone say that Shaq for $1.4 million is bad? :confusedshrug: :lol

ispin69
08-04-2010, 01:10 PM
Still getting hate from Laker fans. Lame. :rolleyes:

Venja42
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
What number does he wear for them?

#32 and #33 retired, #34 to Pierce

He wore #13 in the Olympics...

What y'all think?

Meticode
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
must suck being a cavs fan this year.
facepalm.
Actually it's been great.

niko
08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
No, it really hasn't.

YouGotServed
08-04-2010, 01:21 PM

:oldlol: One day you're just going to snap.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh so all the credit doesn't only go to Thibs, it goes to Thibs AND Tony Allen. :facepalm

The TA situation reminds me of when Posey left and how everyone thought the Celtics defense would take a big hit. One player does not make or break the Celtics defense, we'll still be among the top 5-7 defensive teams next season at worst.

BTW, do you really think Wafer will have any impact on the Celtics D? The guy will be lucky to get 8 minutes a game. Shaq shouldn't be much of a problem either when you have KG, JO and Perk sharing minutes with him.

It's about the players going out vs the players coming in.

Shaq will be a defensive liability, and he will be commanding playing time, he always does.

Next year off the bench you'll have Robinson, Shaq, Von Wafer and Big Baby. None of these guys provides positive defense.

Add in that Perk wont be back until mid-season(I think) and that he has to get used to playing with the new guys as well, that's also a liability.

Fact is if the Celtics doesn't play some of the best defense in the league come playoffs it wont work because they're not good enough offensively in a HC setting.

Also the Celtics didn't get any younger, and they already have a big problem being one of the worst 4th quarter teams in the league.

Lakers13
08-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Nice signing, See you guys in the Finals again :cheers:

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 01:38 PM

Shaq will be a defensive liability, and he will be commanding playing time, he always does.

Next year off the bench you'll have Robinson, Shaq, Von Wafer and Big Baby. None of these guys provides positive defense.

Add in that Perk wont be back until mid-season(I think) and that he has to get used to playing with the new guys as well, that's also a liability.

Fact is if the Celtics doesn't play some of the best defense in the league come playoffs it wont work because they're not good enough offensively in a HC setting.

Also the Celtics didn't get any younger, and they already have a big problem being one of the worst 4th quarter teams in the league. I'm positive Shaq is fine with limited minutes, otherwise he wouldn't have signed with the Celtics, and even if he isn't Doc will sit him any way.

You can list the bad defensive players on the Celtics all you want. I can easily counter that with an even bigger list of good defenders on the Celtics. The bottom line is the Celtics have always played the best team defense. And as far as them being bad on offense, that is completely false. If you believe that you haven't watched the Celtics play, they have some of the best ball movement and offensive structure in the league. BTW, they were the worst 4th quarter team in the regular season. In the Playoffs they were excellent at closing out games.

Lakers13
08-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Can't went to see Wade and James get their payback dunks over him. An alley-oop from one to the other, with Shaq getting put on a poster in the process? Fantastic!

Shaq will intentionally try to hurt one of them if they try to pull that crap, please try it

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm positive Shaq is fine with limited minutes, otherwise he wouldn't have signed with the Celtics, and even if he isn't Doc will sit him any way.

You can list the bad defensive players on the Celtics all you want. I can easily counter that with an even bigger list of good defenders on the Celtics. The bottom line is the Celtics have always played the best team defense. And as far as them being bad on offense, that is completely false. If you believe that you haven't watched the Celtics play, they have some of the best ball movement and offensive structure in the league. BTW, they were the worst 4th quarter team in the regular season. In the Playoffs they were excellent at closing out games.

Just wait until you see your team playing 5on4 in all fast breaks settings both defensively and offensively. Trust me there's a reason why the Cavs last year was better with Varejao playing the 5 instead of Shaq.

And the Celtics thrive in the open court with Rondo running the show, not in a half court setting.

And no the Celtics weren't excellent at closing out games in the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

They where outscored in the 4th quarter 14 times in the playoffs and had 1 tied out of 24 games, in their only OT game they also lost. And in the biggest 4th quarter of the season they got outscored by 8 in a game they lost by 4.....

JohnnySic
08-04-2010, 02:08 PM
And in the biggest 4th quarter of the season they got outscored by 8 in a game they lost by 4.....
And had Shaq (and JO) been there, they would not have gotten out-rebounded as badly as they did throughout the game, and the 4th quarter wouldn't have mattered. See, it all depends on how you look at it.

HylianNightmare
08-04-2010, 02:09 PM

yeah but i'd much rather dwight shit all over shaq than get shut down by perk

JohnnySic
08-04-2010, 02:11 PM
And the Celtics thrive in the open court with Rondo running the show, not in a half court setting.
At least Shaq can grab those quick passes from Rondo with his soft hands. If I have to keep watching passes clank off of Perkins' stone hands, I'm gonna puke blood.

And you cant cheat off Shaq like you can off of Perk. That's another one.

Allows the C's to mix and match according to the matchups...

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Just wait until you see your team playing 5on4 in all fast breaks settings both defensively and offensively. Trust me there's a reason why the Cavs last year was better with Varejao playing the 5 instead of Shaq.

And no the Celtics weren't excellent at closing out games in the 4th quarter in the playoffs.

They where outscored in the 4th quarter 14 times in the playoffs and had 1 tied out of 24 games, in their only OT game they also lost. And in the biggest 4th quarter of the season they got outscored by 8 in a game they lost by 4.....
dont be silly, Zen. [when Perkins come back] Shaq wont be playing 30 mpg like he did in Phoenix or even the 20 mpg that he played in Cleveland. Shaq will be a backup, not a starter. probably playing around 15 minutes per game, or even less with all of the servicable big men Boston has this year.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Shaq is not going to start for the Celtics and most definitely won't play in crunch time. You're acting as if Shaq will play more minutes than JO and KG who are both great defenders.

And the Celtics thrive in the open court with Rondo running the show, not in a half court setting. Again, Shaq is playing a reserve role. You act like the Celtics just traded KG and Perk for Shaq. If anything Shaq improves our 2nd units half court offense, which has been pretty atrocious at times last season.

They where outscored in the 4th quarter 14 times in the playoffs and had 1 tied out of 24 games, in their only OT game they also lost. And in the biggest 4th quarter of the season they got outscored by 8 in a game they lost by 4..... Those stats don't tell the whole story at all. The Celtics blew out the Heat, Cavs and the Magic a few times, of course they're going to get out scored with their reserves playing most of the 4th quarter. When it came down to it and the Celtics needed to close out games down the stretch, they were able to do it. Games 1 & 3 against the Heat, games 2, 4 & 6 against the Cavs, games 1 & 2 against the Magic, and games 3 and 5 against the Lakers are great examples of this.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 02:16 PM
And had Shaq (and JO) been there, they would not have gotten out-rebounded as badly as they did throughout the game, and the 4th quarter wouldn't have mattered. See, it all depends on how you look at it.

Doesn't work like that. Had Shaq played for the Celtics last year Varejao would have gotten more burn and maybe the Cavs would have been in the finals and not the Celtics..

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 02:25 PM
dont be silly, Zen. [when Perkins come back] Shaq wont be playing 30 mpg like he did in Phoenix or even the 20 mpg that he played in Cleveland. Shaq will be a backup, not a starter. probably playing around 15 minutes per game, or even less with all of the servicable big men Boston has this year.

I'm trying not to go over the top, but I just see a lot of the same stuff that Cavs fans where saying last year in regards to O'Neal, and when it came down to it he was a defensive liability. Also, it's not like I don't think the Celts will be good, I just don't think they're championship good. Too old, they need some mobility in the front court and they need some wing defense with Allen gone. Their biggest rival will feature 2 of the best wing players in the world next year, everything I point out is in relation to that.

AMISTILLILL
08-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Also the Celtics didn't get any younger, and they already have a big problem being one of the worst 4th quarter teams in the league.

Just curious... have you ever even watched a Celtics game before?

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Shaq is not going to start for the Celtics and most definitely won't play in crunch time. You're acting as if Shaq will play more minutes than JO and KG who are both great defenders.

Again, Shaq is playing a reserve role. You act like the Celtics just traded KG and Perk for Shaq. If anything Shaq improves our 2nd units half court offense, which has been pretty atrocious at times last season.

Those stats don't tell the whole story at all. The Celtics blew out the Heat, Cavs and the Magic a few times, of course they're going to get out scored with their reserves playing most of the 4th quarter. When it came down to it and the Celtics needed to close out games down the stretch, they were able to do it. Games 1 & 3 against the Heat, games 2, 4 & 6 against the Cavs, games 1 & 2 against the Magic, and games 3 and 5 against the Lakers are great examples of this.

They where still outscored in the 4th of some of the games you mention and one was tied.

And when it really came down to it the Celtics didn't close it out.

Shaq in a limited role as you say is kind of the same as last year, and when it came down to it he still wanted to be featured in the playoffs even though it made no sense for the team.

And JO, well I don't know about him, he didn't have enough gas for the playoffs last years playoffs, but maybe a limited role will suit him better.

The Celtics are getting older and they will need to go through a season that's tougher than last year because level of the eastern teams have gone up.

And they still need better wing defenders to guard Lebron and James.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Just curious... have you ever even watched a Celtics game before?

Nate Robinson, reliable defender?

Von Wafer, reliable defender?

Shaq, reliable defender?

Big Baby is a favorable matchup for a team like the Lakers, I clearly remember him guarding Pau in crunch time and the Lakers took advantage.

Seen the Celtics plenty last year.

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
They where still outscored in the 4th of some of the games you mention and one was tied.

And when it really came down to it the Celtics didn't close it out.

They won every game I listed down the stretch. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of closing out the game.

Shaq in a limited role as you say is kind of the same as last year, and when it came down to it he still wanted to be featured in the playoffs even though it made no sense for the team. Doc Rivers is not Mike Brown. Doc will have no problem sitting him. And the Cavs didn't have the option of playing guys like JO, Perk and Big Baby ahead of Shaq.

And JO, well I don't know about him, he didn't have enough gas for the playoffs last years playoffs, but maybe a limited role will suit him better.
Well, its not easy when you're being defended by arguably the best post defender.

The Celtics are getting older and they will need to go through a season that's tougher than last year because level of the eastern teams have gone up.

And they still need better wing defenders to guard Lebron and James. They still have one of the best defensive systems in the league, plus Pierce & Marquis are decent defenders. The Celtics can still use Sheed's contract to get a decent wing.

AMISTILLILL
08-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Nate Robinson, reliable defender?

Von Wafer, reliable defender?

Shaq, reliable defender?

Big Baby is a favorable matchup for a team like the Lakers, I clearly remember him guarding Pau in crunch time and the Lakers took advantage.

Seen the Celtics plenty last year.

They're decent defenders. You, however, paint them out to be completely terrible. They serve their purpose. Could they be stronger? Of course. But just because they aren't Posey or T. Allen it doesn't make them garbage.

I don't know how people can misconstrue picking up Shaq for pocket change as anything less than a positive. The guy is as productive as Perkins and demands multiple defenders around the basket. He brings tons of pluses to a team that was six minutes from a championship a few months back.

highwhey
08-04-2010, 02:58 PM
cELTICS=official superstar/all star graveyard

AMISTILLILL
08-04-2010, 03:01 PM

As opposed to Phoenix which is just a graveyard.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
They won every game I listed down the stretch. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of closing out the game.

Yeah well they're supposed to win some right? I mean, it's the playoffs and all.

They lost game 4 vs the Heat by 9 after being outscored by 15 in the 4th.

They lost game 1 vs the Cavs by 8 after being outscored by 7 in the 4th.

They lost game 4 vs the Magic being outscored by 1 in the 4th for overtime which they lost by 4.

They lost game game 5 vs the Magic being outscored in the 4th by 12 after being down by 9 at the start of the quarter.

They lost game 3 vs the Lakers by 7 after being outscored by 1 in the 4th.

They lost game 4 vs the Lakers by 4 after being outscored by 8 in the 4th.

Doc Rivers is not Mike Brown. Doc will have no problem sitting him. And the Cavs didn't have the option of playing guys like JO, Perk and Big Baby ahead of Shaq.

True, but could still mean chemistry problems with Shaq bickering like it did for the Cavs in the playoffs.
And Brown had guys like Varejao and Hickson he could have played instead.

Well, its not easy when you're being defended by arguably the best post defender.

I know, but he looked REALLY bad.

They still have one of the best defensive systems in the league, plus Pierce & Marquis are decent defenders. The Celtics can still use Sheed's contract to get a decent wing.

Yep, will be interesting to see who they can pick up with that contract, they need a good one.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
They're decent defenders. You, however, paint them out to be completely terrible. They serve their purpose. Could they be stronger? Of course. But just because they aren't Posey or T. Allen it doesn't make them garbage.

I don't know how people can misconstrue picking up Shaq for pocket change as anything less than a positive. The guy is as productive as Perkins and demands multiple defenders around the basket. He brings tons of pluses to a team that was six minutes from a championship a few months back.

IMO Nate Robinson is a horrible defender along with Wafer.

The problem about how you talk about Shaq is that it's only offensively, defense is what wins championships and he's a liability there. He's slow and fouls a lot.

LA_Showtime
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Well, this officially ends any chance of the Magic advancing to the NBA Finals. The Celtics are their kryptonite; ironically, they added Superman.

Anyways, the Celtics look like a god damn dream team. I can't believe both O'Neals, Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rondo, and possibly 'Sheed all play on the same team. That's ridiculous, even if they're past their primes.

1987_Lakers
08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
I see him being a better fit with the Celtics than he was with the Cavs. In Cleveland when he was on the floor he really hurt the offense, Boston fits his style better.

LA_Showtime
08-04-2010, 03:12 PM

What are you talking about? O'Neal signed a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum.

B-Low
08-04-2010, 03:16 PM

They just need to get AI and they'll have the early 00s MVP race all dying on their team :oldlol:

Kevin_Garnett_5
08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah well they're supposed to win some right? I mean, it's the playoffs and all.

They lost game 4 vs the Heat by 9 after being outscored by 15 in the 4th.

You're right, but this was not really a critical game for the Celtics.

They lost game 1 vs the Cavs by 8 after being outscored by 7 in the 4th.

I'll give you this one

They lost game 4 vs the Magic being outscored by 1 in the 4th for overtime which they lost by 4.

Again, there wasn't really much pressure on the Celtics in this game

They lost game game 5 vs the Magic being outscored in the 4th by 12 after being down by 9 at the start of the quarter.

The Celtics were playing catch up throughout the entire game, it wasn't really a close game in the 4th. On top of that by the 4th quarter Perk was ejected, Baby got knocked out and Pierce was in foul trouble.

They lost game 3 vs the Lakers by 7 after being outscored by 1 in the 4th.

I'll give you that

They lost game 4 vs the Lakers by 4 after being outscored by 8 in the 4th.

I'm pretty sure you mean game 7. I'll give you that one too
Either way, that's 6 games vs the nine games I posted. And each game I posted was a critical game.

True, but could still mean chemistry problems with Shaq bickering like it did for the Cavs in the playoffs.
And Brown had guys like Varejao and Hickson he could have played instead.
I doubt Shaq will cause too much problems. The Celtics have always had great chemistry, I don't think Shaq can break that. He knows what he's getting into. He obviously knew his role would be limited when he decided to sign.

I know, but he looked REALLY bad.

There won't be nearly as much pressure on him with the Celtics. He doesn't even need to score more than 7pts a game

Yep, will be interesting to see who they can pick up with that contract, they need a good one. I'm sure we'll get something decent. Danny isn't going to let that contract go to waste.

LA_Showtime
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Honestly, I'm equally excited to watch the Celtics this year as I am the Heat. Having this many former superstars who are hungry for a ring has never been seen before. The ball movement and defense should be off the charts.

AMISTILLILL
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
IMO Nate Robinson is a horrible defender along with Wafer.

The problem about how you talk about Shaq is that it's only offensively, defense is what wins championships and he's a liability there. He's slow and fouls a lot.

Everyone knows Shaq is a defensive liability, and it's about as widely known as the sky being blue or grass being green. With that said, teams have managed to acclimate to his limited defensive prowess (save for maybe Cleveland) and have made it work, to the tune of four championships and multiple playoff appearances. I fully expect Boston's offense to slag as well, with Shaq refusing to hoof it down court to get back, but I will take the handful of negatives for the positives of having a future HOFer coming off the bench.

As far as fouling is concerned, I'm not too worried about it. He's essentially giving teams free points at the stripe but Boston has an unbelievable big man rotation right now. Similar to what Boston did against Dwight in the ECF, except this time the fouling won't be intentional. If the Big Fella gets in foul trouble, substitute with any of your other bigs capable of putting up sufficient numbers. His offensive output will be more than worth his racking up five fouls a night before sitting, which is something you couldn't say for Boston's previous foul prone acquisitions (Mikki Moore, Shelden Williams, or even Sheeds chucking and tech receiving). At least Shaq will be putting the ball in the basket in the midst of his foul frenzies.

I see your point though, for sure. But I still feel that Boston boasts enough patches for their defensive holes that tossing a guy like Shaq in the fray won't have such a dramatic effect. I felt pretty good about Robinson's man defense in the Magic series. For a guy who has traditionally been a spotty defender he was pulling his weight with limited minutes.

I'm eager to see what sort of wing they're able to pick up for Sheeds contract. I wouldn't mind seeing West in a Boston uni again but it would take some getting used to after rooting against him in Cleveland for so long.

AMISTILLILL
08-04-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL @ the Magic fan who said they paid Shaq too much. Did you even read the article?

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Everyone knows Shaq is a defensive liability, and it's about as widely known as the sky being blue or grass being green. With that said, teams have managed to acclimate to his limited defensive prowess (save for maybe Cleveland) and have made it work, to the tune of four championships and multiple playoff appearances. I fully expect Boston's offense to slag as well, with Shaq refusing to hoof it down court to get back, but I will take the handful of negatives for the positives of having a future HOFer coming off the bench.

As far as fouling is concerned, I'm not too worried about it. He's essentially giving teams free points at the stripe but Boston has an unbelievable big man rotation right now. Similar to what Boston did against Dwight in the ECF, except this time the fouling won't be intentional. If the Big Fella gets in foul trouble, substitute with any of your other bigs capable of putting up sufficient numbers. His offensive output will be more than worth his racking up five fouls a night before sitting, which is something you couldn't say for Boston's previous foul prone acquisitions (Mikki Moore, Shelden Williams, or even Sheeds chucking and tech receiving). At least Shaq will be putting the ball in the basket in the midst of his foul frenzies.

I see your point though, for sure. But I still feel that Boston boasts enough patches for their defensive holes that tossing a guy like Shaq in the fray won't have such a dramatic effect. I felt pretty good about Robinson's man defense in the Magic series. For a guy who has traditionally been a spotty defender he was pulling his weight with limited minutes.

I'm eager to see what sort of wing they're able to pick up for Sheeds contract. I wouldn't mind seeing West in a Boston uni again but it would take some getting used to after rooting against him in Cleveland for so long.

Shaq is a way bigger liability now though than he was 5-10 years ago. Him being what 39? is the biggest factor for this obviously.

And him fouling a lot isn't only about the free points they're getting from those fouls. It's also about the rest of the team having to play in the bonus more than what they really should.

I hope that the additions will be enough to take care of the rest of the east, I'm just really doubtful though because Shaq is so old, Perk will have to come back from a rough injury and JO's knees are shot. I'm very interested in seeing how KG will come back, I've heard him say that he's getting a lot of knowledge on how to rehabilitate his knee and that he'll come back stronger than last year, but it remains to be seen.

indiefan24
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
official official

http://www.nesn.com/2010/08/celtics-officially-announce-signing-of-shaquille-oneal-says-he-will-wear-no-36.html

indiefan24
08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
official official

http://www.nesn.com/2010/08/celtics-officially-announce-signing-of-shaquille-oneal-says-he-will-wear-no-36.html

oh the horror
08-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Well, this officially ends any chance of the Magic advancing to the NBA Finals. The Celtics are their kryptonite; ironically, they added Superman.

Anyways, the Celtics look like a god damn dream team. I can't believe both O'Neals, Pierce, Garnett, Allen, Rondo, and possibly 'Sheed all play on the same team. That's ridiculous, even if they're past their primes.

One can only sit back and just think....wow, imagine if this was like even 5 years ago?! Boston is going to be a tall order for a LOT of teams....I dont give a f*ck HOW old they are right now.

Mr. Jabbar
08-04-2010, 05:06 PM
So the last bridge is finally burning...

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
official official

Ya old news.. We where just having a good discussion in this thread.

crisoner
08-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Celtics over Heat in the season opener.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/photos/shaq_big_shamrock500414.jpg

Jeannot
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
interesting

if they can now pick up Delonte West to replace Tony Allen they're extremely dangerous again.

They just went to the finals and lost by 4 points... How are they dangerous 'again'? Its funny that nobody is picking celtics for a change of winning, while they didnt do that before this playoff and look what theve managed

Jeannot
08-04-2010, 05:16 PM

They have some more younger players then they had before.

Jeannot
08-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Its s

Jeannot
08-04-2010, 05:43 PM

He will wear number 36

Jeannot
08-04-2010, 05:46 PM

I dont think theyll do less on defense. KG, Shaq etc dont need tom to teach them how to defend. The most celtics already learned that defense over offense. With that mind set your defense increased too, tom or no tom

indiefan24
08-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Ya old news.. We where just having a good discussion in this thread.

ya um didn't see where the team made an official announcement

thejusman1
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Shaq is dead to me. How do you do that to the Lakers, man? The Heat was one thing. The Suns were another. The comments as a Cav that Lebron was the best player he's ever played with (an obvious snub of Kobe) was annoying. But joining THE ENEMY?! Sorry Shaq, your credit has run dry with me. Thanks for the three championships, but you're no longer a Laker great. I hope your number is never retired, and they just give it some bum down the road.

Blackisbig
08-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Shaq came into the playoffs completely rusty. He had missed like two months and was then thrown into the starting lineup right away. He actually didn't do that bad against Perkins given that he wasn't even getting thirty minutes a game either. People act like he came in and had a JO performance or something, when in actuality he was the Cavs' second leading scorer against the Celtics.

And the pick and roll thing is seriously tiresome. It isn't just about the center. Perkins is immobile, Sheed is immobile, but the Celtics have incredible rotations on the pick and roll and Rondo is a great defender. The last two teams Shaq has been on have sported Nash and Williams at PG, two of the worst defenders in the league. Sure, if you're asking Shaq to be some force on pick and roll defense you're gonna fail, but I don't think the Celtics are asking for that..............

Rowe
08-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Shaq came into the playoffs completely rusty. He had missed like two months and was then thrown into the starting lineup right away. He actually didn't do that bad against Perkins given that he wasn't even getting thirty minutes a game either. People act like he came in and had a JO performance or something, when in actuality he was the Cavs' second leading scorer against the Celtics.

And the pick and roll thing is seriously tiresome. It isn't just about the center. Perkins is immobile, Sheed is immobile, but the Celtics have incredible rotations on the pick and roll and Rondo is a great defender. The last two teams Shaq has been on have sported Nash and Williams at PG, two of the worst defenders in the league. Sure, if you're asking Shaq to be some force on pick and roll defense you're gonna fail, but I don't think the Celtics are asking for that..............
:cheers:

Well said.

Shaq is basically a 7'1 version of Perkins for Boston. He's better offensively than Perkins, and if hes playing the space eater role under the basket hes stronger and longer(no homo) than Perkins around the basket. Perkins is just in much better shape, while Shaq's conditioning was horrible last season.

If Shaq can actually get in shape this season, and can play at least 25 minutes on any given night then this could be a great move for Boston. If he comes in fat, out of shape, and then complains about his minutes, then this will be a bad move. KG & Shaq are 2 huge personalities that would clash if Shaq is playing half assed and giving no effort.

alanLA92
08-04-2010, 06:54 PM
doesnt help them that much really but hurts them in pick and roll defense when shaq's in the game and it makes this team much older

BOSTON-Where former all-stars past their primes happens

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 07:01 PM

No it deserves mentioning.

Dwight Howard gets smashed for him being a "foul machine" and what not.

Reality is that Shaq only committed 0.3 fewer fouls per game than Howard last year, in 11.4 fewer minutes played per game..

Your post is a classic example this type of fan:

"Defense wins championships... But look how many points this guy scores"

Here's a statistic for you, the most played lineup last season for the Cavs was Williams - Parker - James - Hickson - O'neal

They played 383 minutes and had a negative +/- of -42

Same lineup but with Varejao in instead of Shaq was +29 in 94 minutes played

Add Varejao instead of Hickson so it's Williams - Parker - James - Varejao - Shaq and you got 137 minutes played with a negative +/- of -9

BlackWhiteGreen
08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
How much mobile than Shaq do you think Perk is? fooking hell.

Fact of the matter is you're an LA fan and you know that with size Boston would have beat you last year. TA played well, yeah, but he wasn't a major X factor in any of the games. If he is on the floor with Nate and any of Wafer, Pierce or Ray Marquis will be able to focus on his defence, and defend Kobe where necessary. Nate can explode, everyone knows that, and Wafer averaged ~16 ppg as a starter in Houston. Davis might be a slight liability but he's still an excellent player and practically won game 4 of the Finals. JO or Sheed or even Shaq are excellent bigs to come off the bench.

People keep saying, oh the Celtics are old. Well yeah, they are. Which is why they are working until KG's contract ends and then blowing it up, most likely. And it's also why, with a now stacked frontline, it barely matters if JO and Shaq and both really old - hell, if Perkins comes back we don't even need one of them in the playoffs.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
How much mobile than Shaq do you think Perk is? fooking hell.

Fact of the matter is you're an LA fan and you know that with size Boston would have beat you last year. TA played well, yeah, but he wasn't a major X factor in any of the games. If he is on the floor with Nate and any of Wafer, Pierce or Ray Marquis will be able to focus on his defence, and defend Kobe where necessary. Nate can explode, everyone knows that, and Wafer averaged ~16 ppg as a starter in Houston. Davis might be a slight liability but he's still an excellent player and practically won game 4 of the Finals. JO or Sheed or even Shaq are excellent bigs to come off the bench.

People keep saying, oh the Celtics are old. Well yeah, they are. Which is why they are working until KG's contract ends and then blowing it up, most likely. And it's also why, with a now stacked frontline, it barely matters if JO and Shaq and both really old - hell, if Perkins comes back we don't even need one of them in the playoffs.

I was going to take your post seriously but you started the argument by saying that i'm saying these things because i'm an LA fan, so whatever..

1 thing about Von Wafer, yeah he did average 16 points for Houston, yet they let him go to Europe...

BlackWhiteGreen
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Here's a statistic for you, the most played lineup last season for the Cavs was Williams - Parker - James - Hickson - O'neal

They played 383 minutes and had a negative +/- of -42

Same lineup but with Varejao in instead of Shaq was +29 in 94 minutes played

Add Varejao instead of Hickson so it's Williams - Parker - James - Varejao - Shaq and you got 137 minutes played with a negative +/- of -9

Sample size is an issue there. Also, the Celtics are not using Mike Brown's offense. Perkins is a similar build and player to Shaq, so they can both play a very similar position - and as such, Shaq is a perfectly fine addition as he is basically an upgrade on offense and a downgrade on defence, and is only a stop-gap whilst Perk recovers.

stickfigure87
08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
good move from the celtics. one year for minimum? damn.

that front court is going to be crazy.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Sample size is an issue there. Also, the Celtics are not using Mike Brown's offense. Perkins is a similar build and player to Shaq, so they can both play a very similar position - and as such, Shaq is a perfectly fine addition as he is basically an upgrade on offense and a downgrade on defence, and is only a stop-gap whilst Perk recovers.

Sample size is an issue? 383 minutes played as a lineup hardly lies.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I was going to take your post seriously but you started the argument by saying that i'm saying these things because i'm an LA fan, so whatever..

1 thing about Von Wafer, yeah he did average 16 points for Houston, yet they let him go to Europe...

OK, fine; do you disagree with this statement: If Perkins did not get injured, Boston would be the reigning champions.

Wafer is also going to be the 10th man or so, and most likely won't see huge minutes in the important games. I was merely making the point about his offense as it would allow Quis to focus defensively.

BlackWhiteGreen
08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Sample size is an issue? 383 minutes played as a lineup hardly lies.

383 vs 94? You also ignored the main point of the post.

Derka
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Its foolish not to take this man at $1.4 million. A good low-risk move, especially if we end up injured again this year.

EnoughSaid
08-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Good job Celts! They added a lot of depth inside this off season.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 07:36 PM
383 vs 94? You also ignored the main point of the post.

Yeah I ignored it because you basically said that because I'm a Laker fan my opinion is no good.

94 mins is still almost 2 complete games, they should still tell the story pretty well.

The point is that most of the lineups last year that had Shaq in them had a negative or close to negative +/- meaning the guy is a liability and it's getting pretty obvious at this point.

That's because he can't keep up on defense, other teams will go small and outrun the big fella and make him commit fouls so they can play in the bonus.
Cavs/Lebron fans where screaming loud about this in the series vs the Celtics last year.

33teeth
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Good job Celts! They added a lot of depth inside this off season.
depth as in a deep pile of corpses that used to be good basketball players.

SinJackal
08-04-2010, 07:38 PM
http://www.pingceleb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/kobe-bryant-and-shaquille-oneal.jpg

Shaq's~ got their back. mmhmm.

AMISTILLILL
08-04-2010, 07:41 PM
depth as in a deep pile of corpses that used to be good basketball players.

Reigning 2009-2010 Eastern Conference Champions, took out the #1 ranked team in the NBA, four points away from the 2nd title in three years.

http://netdugout.com/boston/files/2010/05/Ainge-ECF-Champs.jpg

http://www.mocksession.com/30fps/%20/BIGBABYLIP.gif

Yep, a bunch of corpses. Tell me, what incredible team do you back?

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeah I ignored it because you basically said that because I'm a Laker fan my opinion is no good.

94 mins is still almost 2 complete games, they should still tell the story pretty well.

The point is that most of the lineups last year that had Shaq in them had a negative or close to negative +/- meaning the guy is a liability and it's getting pretty obvious at this point.

That's because he can't keep up on defense, other teams will go small and outrun the big fella and make him commit fouls so they can play in the bonus.
Cavs/Lebron fans where screaming loud about this in the series vs the Celtics last year.
losing to the Cs had alot more to do with Rondo having big games, Antawn not being able to guard KG and Lebron "quitting" than Shaq.

but all in all, Shaq as a 15 mpg guy isnt really all that bad. like EVERY other play, Shaq has his negatives. and at the same time he has his positives. Shaq to the Celtics [for the Vets. Min] was a great addition imo

SinJackal
08-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Why does every Hea fan assume those two teams will be playing eachother in the second round? Do they think Heat are guaranteed to get #1 seed, and that those two are guaranteed to get the 2 and 3 seeds?

If either of them get the 4 seed, or the Heat don't get the top seed, they are playing one of them in the second round.

If that happens (and it probably will), I predict the Heat get exposed and lose early. Been predicting that all along. They might luck out and get to the ECF, but then they lose.

The Heat have a good team for NBA 2k, sure. But they need better bigs if they want to go far in the real life playoffs.

Mr. Jabbar
08-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Why does every Hea fan assume those two teams will be playing eachother in the second round? Do they think Heat are guaranteed to get #1 seed, and that those two are guaranteed to get the 2 and 3 seeds?

If either of them get the 4 seed, or the Heat don't get the top seed, they are playing one of them in the second round.

If that happens (and it probably will), I predict the Heat get exposed and lose early. Been predicting that all along. They might luck out and get to the ECF, but then they lose.

The Heat have a good team for NBA 2k, sure. But they need better bigs if they want to go far in the real life playoffs.

Agreed

D-Rose
08-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't care what year it is it still baffles me that Shaq and KG will be in the same front court :wtf: And throw in O'Neal Junior too.

monkeypox
08-04-2010, 08:08 PM
So is Shaq a cancer or not? They were discussing the Shaq to the Celtics thing on the radio today, and they mentioned how he tended to burn bridges on his way out of town. From what I remember when he was with the Lakers he was a jovial guy that got along with all the players. But the radio host John Ireland, who's also the Lakers sideline reporter and travels with the team, told an anecdote about the day Shaq got traded that made it seem he was a problem player. He said he was attending a large dinner function with several Lakers execs the day Shaq got traded. Before the dinner one of the execs said grace and added in something along the lines of "...and thank the lord that Shaq is out of here and someone else's problem now."

Now looking at other players that have been considered cancers, how different are they from Shaq? The Cavs may be the only team he didn't end on bad terms with. Would any other player not be considered a locker room problem with a track record like that? Albeit he's had a clean off the court record, he has shown time and time again that he has a tendency to run his mouth. Now that he's in decline and he faces the possibility of his play no longer being able to pay for checks his mouth is writing, I think it's fair to ask whether or not he is deservedly labeled a cancer.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. I'm not saying he's not funny and doesn't get along with lots of people. I'm not saying he's one of the best centers ever. Just saying that maybe it's time to consider that the guy is a problem player.

Desperado
08-04-2010, 08:14 PM
It just dosen't feel right seeing Shaq play for the Celtics.

He had his best years as a Laker.

flintstone
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM
"From what I remember when he was with the Lakers he was a jovial guy that got along with all the players"

You have a bad memory?

But no, he'll be fine in Boston......he already knows where he fits in, or he would not sign.........he didn't get traded like AI.

G-train
08-04-2010, 08:19 PM

Not really.

G-train
08-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Simply put he is a better player than Sheed and Shelden Williams.

Perk will come back and Shaq/Jermaine split 35 mins a night.

sodapop
08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
This off season is incredibly insane and shocking at the same time. I was happy about Memphis picking up TA. The Miami situation was insane and not shocking. I knew Bosh, Wade and James would team up in Miami. It was obvious if you really, truly look at it closely. Hints of James leaving Cleveland was planted in the back of our minds for awhile. The insanity was the overly hype the new big three (the big 2 + one half) received from the media. At first, I got caught up in the hype. Then came this huge adjustment by the Celtics. Shaq in Boston? Shocking? Yes. Insane? Depends on the chemistry and how Doc use Shaq. For all of you Shaq haters, doubting Shaq's abilities and claiming he didn't make a difference in Cleveland. One name. Mike Brown. Think about it for a second? Shaq is an incredible player if he has a good coach. Doc will get Shaq ready to play, no question. Can you imagine Shaq & KG combination or Shaq & JO combination? How about KG & JO combination? I cannot wait for the NBA season opener, Miami vs Boston.

ZenMaster
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Not really.

I disagree.

bagelred
08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Shaq is not a Cancer.

He was born March 6 - he's a Pisces.

monkeypox
08-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Lol, well obviously not all the players. But from what I remember he was by the better liked player between Kobe and himself. Although he did like to divide things in a sort of "if you're not my friend you're my enemy" type of way, creating factions in the locker room.

mlh1981
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
When he joined my Cavs last year, to suit my argument, I said "no." Now that he's joined a team I don't like, I'll reverse course and say....."yes"

OnceInADECADE
08-04-2010, 08:30 PM
4 titles

ispin69
08-04-2010, 08:31 PM
lol u mad or bitter?

Mr. Jabbar
08-04-2010, 08:32 PM
At this point, he's not. You could make a case for that when he was in PHX though.

Rendezvous32
08-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Shaq is not a Cancer.

lol :oldlol:

ispin69
08-04-2010, 08:36 PM
It just dosen't feel right seeing Shaq play for the Celtics.

He had his best years as a Laker.

Rivalries are overrated.

heyhey
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Shaq is not a Cancer.

:roll: I repped you for this one bagel. It was too legit.

1~Gibson~1
08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Shaq is not a Cancer.

:bowdown:

zass
08-04-2010, 08:52 PM
The Big Leprechaun?

DixieNourmous
08-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Shaq is such a whore. I bet Lakers fans feel backstabbed by this round of BS from Shaq.

By the same token,, The true Celtics fans would have felt backstabbed if Larry Bird finished his career in LA.

Ive lost respect for Shaq.

That said, Good for the Celtics to fend off the diva team.

ispin69
08-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Shaq is such a whore. I bet Lakers fans feel backstabbed by this round of BS from Shaq.

By the same token,, The true Celtics fans would have felt backstabbed if Larry Bird finished his career in LA.

Ive lost respect for Shaq.

That said, Good for the Celtics to fend off the diva team.

Why would the Lakers STILL be on his jockstrap?

:violin:

DixieNourmous
08-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Why would the Lakers STILL be on his jockstrap?

:violin:

good question.

Lakers didnt want Shaq eariler this offseason so you have a point.

Just like Larry Bird going to the Lakers to end his career, its just wrong,whorish/cheap/ no honor, that kinda feeling to me.

G-train
08-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I disagree.

If you think you can make a thorough assessment of a lineup in 2 games you're not very good at assessing.