PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Can Envision Playing For Cavaliers Again

Yung D-Will
08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]In an interview with GQ, LeBron James says he can envision a return to the Cavaliers someday.

"If there was an opportunity for me to return," he says, "and those fans welcome me back, that'd be a great story."

Presumably, James means he would return to Cleveland towards the very end of his career.

While talking about Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert, James evoked the third person.

"I don't think he ever cared about LeBron. My mother always told me: 'You will see the light of people when they hit adversity. You'll get a good sense of their character.' Me and my family have seen the character of that man."

He went on to say that Gilbert's reaction "made me feel more comfortable that I made the right decision."

James also speaks of growing up in Akron, only 30 minutes from Cleveland: "It's not far, but it is far. And Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us.

Mr Clutch Melo
08-17-2010, 01:07 PM
What else was he supposed to say :confusedshrug: I think the haters would bash him even more had he said no

niko
08-17-2010, 01:18 PM
The actual article makes him seem like this really immature pathetic individual who needs constant attenion and reassurance. (Not a bad guy, just a sad figure.) and he REALLY needs to stop talking in 3rd person. That's just silly.

The thing i don't get is he went from never saying goodbye properly to being atagonistic. I don't think either will placate Cleveland and he really seems like he wants to placate them.

JohnnySic
08-17-2010, 01:29 PM
As if the Cavs would take him back when he's old and washed up...

jbryan1984
08-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Only way I could see him coming back here is under new ownership. Clearly when he signed with Miami and the 3 divas came out dancing, his face said he did not want to be there. He is young enough, I would not rule it out.

Sarcastic
08-17-2010, 02:04 PM
I think that bridge is burned.

http://i26.tinypic.com/f01vc.jpg

Andrei89
08-17-2010, 02:12 PM
I still believe he would have been bashed more has he stayed in Cleveland.

Everyone would call him a money whore and that he cares more about money that winning

Either way this dude lost in this free agency fo real

Yung D-Will
08-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Everyone would call him a money whore and that he cares more about money that winning

Either way this dude lost in this free agency fo real

I doubt it. I always look at sticking it through with one franchise as a respectable thing

momo
08-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I doubt it. I always look at sticking it through with one franchise as a respectable thing

Yep.

RedBlackAttack
08-17-2010, 02:26 PM
Only way I could see him coming back here is under new ownership. Clearly when he signed with Miami and the 3 divas came out dancing, his face said he did not want to be there. He is young enough, I would not rule it out.
Wow... I clearly don't speak for everyone in Cleveland or Ohio (are you from here?) when I say that seeing James in a Cavaliers jersey again might mark the end of my days as a fan of the NBA. It sickens me that he is even entertaining the thought of possibly coming back anytime in the distant future.

F#ck him.

G-Funk
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
He's basically saying **** Cleveland, Im from Akron.

ImmortalD24
08-17-2010, 02:27 PM
:facepalm :facepalm Dumb.

k-vil
08-17-2010, 02:31 PM
im excited to see Cavs fANs reaction when the Heat visits Cleveland. it is getting more exciting

Andrei89
08-17-2010, 02:39 PM
im excited to see Cavs fANs reaction when the Heat visits Cleveland. it is getting more exciting

Long time since the NBA has been so exciting

Phong
08-17-2010, 03:12 PM
The Lebron Summer Show:

Lebron: "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it."

LeBron: "I'm taking my talent to South Beach."

LeBron: "Thank you everybody in Akron."

LeBron: "I forgot to say thanks to Cleveland. Thank you!"

LeBron: "I hated Clevelanders since I was young."

:facepalm

Akrazotile
05-02-2015, 05:53 AM
Tee hee

YouGotServed
05-02-2015, 06:43 AM
Wow... I clearly don't speak for everyone in Cleveland or Ohio (are you from here?) when I say that seeing James in a Cavaliers jersey again might mark the end of my days as a fan of the NBA. It sickens me that he is even entertaining the thought of possibly coming back anytime in the distant future.

F#ck him.

lmfao @ end of my days as an NBA fan.

I'm kinda disappointed you didn't actually go through with it, tbh. It's K, everyone in Cleveland was emotional as **** at the time.

Kblaze8855
05-02-2015, 10:03 AM
I never thought he would go back but I was 100% sure the fans would happily take him. I was told I didn't understand Ohio....how they hold a grudge...how deep the hate goes....that it's personal. How the hate was so much more than I believed. I'll say what I said on here then....I don't need to know Ohio. I know people and I know common sense .

Sports fans dramatize these things but in the end all they care about is rooting for a winner.

They would cheer Art Modells zombie taking the Browns over if he could get Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, and Megatron to the team. Any claim otherwise is the same thing that had Cavs and other fans telling me he could never be accepted back....

Emotion blinding people to the obvious.

G0ATbe
05-02-2015, 10:07 AM

F#ck him.:lol

Doranku
05-02-2015, 10:11 AM
I never thought he would go back but I was 100% sure the fans would happily take him. I was told I didn't understand Ohio....how they hold a grudge...how deep the hate goes....that it's personal. How the hate was so much more than I believed. I'll say what I said on here then....I don't need to know Ohio. I know people and I know common sense .

Sports fans dramatize these things but in the end all they care about is rooting for a winner.

They would cheer Art Modells zombie taking the Browns over if he could get Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, and Megatron to the team. Any claim otherwise is the same thing that had Cavs and other fans telling me he could never be accepted back....

Emotion blinding people to the obvious.

It's pretty funny, honestly. I live in Ohio so the majority of my friends are Cavs fans.

Pretty amusing to go from listening to them worship LeBron, to then trashing LeBron with them during his Miami Heat tenure, and finally coming full circle and hearing them slurp his sack once more.

There was no hesitation, either. As soon as the rumors started popping up that LeBron MIGHT come back to Cleveland, these f@ggots were already re-purchasing the LeBron James apparel that turned to ash on July 8, 2010.

Indian guy
05-02-2015, 10:20 AM

I'm kinda disappointed you didn't actually go through with it, tbh. It's K, everyone in Cleveland was emotional as **** at the time.

Funny thing is, he was like that for years. But after 4 years of Cavalier irrelevance, I guess he realized he'd rather see his team win again than continue to remain the league's biggest laughing stock.

Doranku
05-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Funny thing is, he was like that for years. But after 4 years of Cavalier irrelevance, I guess he realized he'd rather see his team win again than continue to remain the league's biggest laughing stock.

To be fair though, anyone would do the same if that happened to their team.

I mean it's not like you're going to stop rooting for your team. What else can you do besides forget about it?

Indian guy
05-02-2015, 11:54 AM
To be fair though, anyone would do the same if that happened to their team.

I mean it's not like you're going to stop rooting for your team. What else can you do besides forget about it?

It's just that he was so vehement in his opposition to LeBron coming back. And not just for some months post-Decison or a year or even 2. He was like that for LeBron's entire tenure as a Heat. Yet as soon as Cleveland had a real shot to get him back, all forgotten.

Fudge
05-02-2015, 11:56 AM
It's just that he was so vehement in his opposition to LeBron coming back. And not just for some months post-Decison or a year or even 2. He was like that for LeBron's entire tenure as a Heat. Yet as soon as Cleveland had a real shot to get him back, all forgotten.
Serious question bud, who you rooting for in the Cavs/Bulls series? Curious.

Indian guy
05-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Serious question bud, who you rooting for in the Cavs/Bulls series? Curious.

Root for LeBron first. Bulls 2nd.

ElPigto
05-02-2015, 12:14 PM

Actually I remember him not wanting LeBron to come back and to continue with the young guys development. It probably wasn't until a few days before his return was official that he gave in to all the non sense of leaving the NBA in the past. I don't blame him. I've always said I'll root for my team til the day I die. The Rockets represent the city I love and no matter how personnel changes there are (ownership, players, management) I will always root for my team.

Spaulding
05-02-2015, 12:16 PM
As if the Cavs would take him back when he's old and washed up...

:lebronamazed:

Kblaze8855
05-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Root for LeBron first. Bulls 2nd.

And here I was thinking you were a Bulls fan. LeBron fan from Illinois?

Akrazotile
05-02-2015, 01:52 PM
And here I was thinking you were a Bulls fan. LeBron fan from Illinois?

Lebron aint no local ass niigguh.

The homie worldwide :rockon:

RedBlackAttack
05-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Faced with turning my back on the NBA, I opted to continue my support for the league. I still get a little weirded out watching him play for the Cavs though. Let's be honest... what LeBron did has never been seen in sports before. We were in an awkward situation.

I was completely content and excited about building a future around Kyrie and Wiggins, plus if LeBron didn't come back, we probably would have ended up with a Gordon Hayward type player (he was strongly considering the Cavs at the time) and maybe someone else with all of that cap room/draft picks.

Instead, we got LeBron, Love, JR, Shump, Mozgov, Jones, Miller and Marion. Talk about a makeover... I don't have control of the organization, so I'm sort of at their mercy.

I'll tell you this... it has been a joy to watch Kyrie and Tristan thrive in this situation. I'll never have much use for LeBron as a person or be a player-fan of his, but him being good means the Cavs being good, so...

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2015, 06:07 PM

F#ck him.

ohh..

Faced with turning my back on the NBA, I opted to continue my support for the league. I still get a little weirded out watching him play for the Cavs though. Let's be honest... what LeBron did has never been seen in sports before. We were in an awkward situation.

I was completely content and excited about building a future around Kyrie and Wiggins, plus if LeBron didn't come back, we probably would have ended up with a Gordon Hayward type player (he was strongly considering the Cavs at the time) and maybe someone else with all of that cap room/draft picks.

Instead, we got LeBron, Love, JR, Shump, Mozgov, Jones, Miller and Marion. Talk about a makeover... I don't have control of the organization, so I'm sort of at their mercy.

I'll tell you this... it has been a joy to watch Kyrie and Tristan thrive in this situation. I'll never have much use for LeBron as a person or be a player-fan of his, but him being good means the Cavs being good, so...

ahhh

upside24
05-02-2015, 06:18 PM
ohh..

ahhh
Home team becoming relevant again can change things.

Spaulding
05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Home team becoming relevant again can change things.

Yep. Cant blame blackattack.

Giaodollo
05-02-2015, 06:26 PM
(he was strongly considering the Cavs at the time

He wasn't, Cavs wanted him and he used it as leverage to get a max deal, Utah would have matched anything.

FatComputerNerd
05-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Cleveland sports fans have been through a lot.

Can't really blame us for getting emotional over a hometown hero bailing, then possibly having mixed feelings when he returns.

I'll be the first to admit I wasn't thrilled either with his return, nor with what seemed like him forcing his hand, and playing GM right from the get-go.

Meticode
05-02-2015, 06:33 PM
I didn't care either way. I was disappointed he left, but I didn't hate the guy. It's a business first and people need to realize that. When he came back, I was glad he came back so early in his career still. He still has some years left on him.

Hate or like it, he's at least back in Cleveland now trying to win. Will he leave? Will he stay? Who knows.

Drake said it best on First Take. Because even if the team is stacked and all these palyers come to Cleveland, he and that team has to overcome so much to just win it. All the nay-sayers. All the teams giving their A+ games because they're the team to beat or the team hated.

"LeBron can go win a third ring on the Heat and everybody's going to be like Oh yea, another ring for LeBron on the Heat. Or he could go to another team, go back home...then that's a win. That's a win for the ages."

Giaodollo
05-02-2015, 06:40 PM
Drake said it best on First Take. Because even if the team is stacked and all these palyers come to Cleveland, he and that team has to overcome so much to just win it. All the nay-sayers. All the teams giving their A+ games because they're the team to beat or the team hated.

You believe the Hawks would give their A- games against Bulls but give their A+ game against Cavs just because Cavs have LeBron?

aj1987
05-02-2015, 07:04 PM

F#ck him.
http://i.imgur.com/cEnYuab.gif

Eric Cartman
05-02-2015, 07:16 PM

F#ck him.

http://img.pandawhale.com/98558-kramer-walking-away-gif-Imgur-RhHa.gif