PDA

View Full Version : Report: Knicks Have To Deal Gallinari To Acquire Carmelo

Rowe
08-17-2010, 02:39 PM
As for the Melo chatter, Knicks fans have to be ready to part with Gallinari if their team has any shot at trading for Carmelo. Fact.
http://twitter.com/alanhahn

The Nuggets are going to shop Melo for 50 cents on the dollar at best, but the price-tag is going to have to be reasonable. The Knicks aren't going to get Carmelo for a package built around newly acquired Anthony Randolph. Gallinari is perhaps the Knicks' most attractive piece with his deadly shot and rising all-around game.

Not a chance. :no:

I'd rather we wait until the summer to try to get Melo so he can play with Gallo, not giving up Gallo, Chandler, & maybe Randolph for Melo.

Andrei89
08-17-2010, 02:41 PM

I'd rather we wait until the summer to try to get Melo so he can play with Gallo, not giving up Gallo, Chandler, & maybe Randolph for Melo.

but wouldn't u just do it right now instead of taking your chances?

What i mean to say if you now have your chance to get a top 5 player in the NBA for Gallinari. Do you wait until other teams serenade him or you just take it right now

If Melo would want to be traded right now at this moment to NY for gallo and some other pieces to fill the salary, NY should take it

Skywalker
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
obvious move to make then

they both play the same position and one is 10x the player the other is

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-17-2010, 02:44 PM

What i mean to say if you now have your chance to get a top 5 player in the NBA for Gallinari. Do you wait until other teams serenade him or you just take it right now

If Melo would want to be traded right now at this moment to NY for gallo and some other pieces to fill the salary, NY should take it
what other teams have the cap space to sign him?

Truth Teller
08-17-2010, 02:44 PM
As long as Melo' doesn't sign that extension, Denver will have to take whatever they can get from the Knicks because it's pretty evident he's leaving and has his heart set on NY. So it's pretty much the Nuggets can take a talented Anthony Randolph and scraps for Melo or the Knicks wait till the off-season and just sign without having to give up key pieces.

ShaqAttack3234
08-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Bye Gallo, welcome Melo. :cheers:

bdreason
08-17-2010, 02:46 PM
If the Nuggets can get Gallo, Chandler, and something else for Melo now... they better jump on it. They aren't going to get much better offers than that.

tpols
08-17-2010, 02:48 PM

:wtf: You're not willing to give up gallinari, an unproven SF who hasn't shown he'll be that great for a top 5 wing player in the league? You want to wait till next year for him? Oh like you guys did for lebron?

Jump on it while you can.

Sarcastic
08-17-2010, 02:50 PM
As much as I don't want to see him go, I would probably do the deal if that were all we had to give up (maybe throw in a future pick too).

Bcogswell
08-17-2010, 02:52 PM
:wtf: You're not willing to give up gallinari, an unproven SF who hasn't shown he'll be that great for a top 5 wing player in the league? You want to wait till next year for him? Oh like you guys did for lebron?

Exactly what i was thinking. :applause:

Draz
08-17-2010, 02:52 PM

Exactly stop nut riding Gallo, all these riders. If you have the opportunity to take Melo why wait & play jeopardy?

DaniloGallinari
08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
**** that, and **** your ugly ass avatar Draz.

I'll keep Gallo. Thank you.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Gallinari, two first rounders and some cap space might do it. Be real here, Melo is going to be a top scorer for another 8 years and have a few MVP-candidate seasons. And you want to hesitate over who? Danilo Gallinari? Come on. If you want to be great you have to pay the price. The Cs had to give up Al Jefferson to get KG and Big Al is/was more valuable than Gallinari. Not to mention, Gallinari plays Melo's position so he'd not be as valuable to NY. If this option is ever on the table it's a no-brainer. Thinking that NY is guaranteed to get Anthony as an FA takes way too much for granted, if the Bulls have cap space still (I'm not sure) they would be a better option for Melo to win, as just one example, and a lot can happen in a year for some new team to emerge as Melo's best option. Don't let it get that far if you can avoid it.

boozehound
08-17-2010, 03:00 PM
wow, some of you knicks fans are delusional. So, a bird in hand in exchange for gallo or two in the bush? Cmon now, I know we all overrate our team's young players, but you (DG and Rowe specifically) are being ridiculous.

niko
08-17-2010, 03:05 PM

you're right. i think knick fans at times take too much for granted. what if he goes somewhere and they are a cinderella story? w hat if he wakes up, his knee hurts, and he calls and says GIVE ME THAT EXTENSION NOW!

Note to Knick fans - if we get Melo, Gallo is a bench player.

thejumpa
08-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Melo+Amar'e+Parker or CP3=2004-2007 Phoenix Suns

They will put up great numbers but won't play defense. It will make for some great games, though.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Melo+Amar'e+Parker or CP3=2004-2007 Phoenix Suns

They will put up great numbers but won't play defense. It will make for some great games, though.
No they don't. Marion is a better rebounder and defender but the difference in scoring ability is so vast it's not worth discussing. Part of SA's postseason issues was that Marion would get routinely crushed by someone like Bruce Bowen. A great defender may keep Melo from running wild but he's not getting held in the low teens by anybody and will still get into the 20s.

Plus, those Suns were better than anything we've seen from the Knicks since Ewing's prime, including the '98 squad.

game3524
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
New York better jump on this, while they can.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Nah, let's wait till 2011. Why give away Gallo? Let's take our chances. We don't want Melo anyway.....punched Mardy Collins in the face and backpedaled away....at the Garden.

zORi
08-17-2010, 03:24 PM
you're right. i think knick fans at times take too much for granted. what if he goes somewhere and they are a cinderella story? w hat if he wakes up, his knee hurts, and he calls and says GIVE ME THAT EXTENSION NOW!

That's the thing, they couldn't share meaningful minutes anyway, why hesitate to trade him?

Jameer Nelson is one of my favorite Magic players and basically carried us through a playoff series, but I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for Chris Paul should we get the chance.

game3524
08-17-2010, 03:28 PM
That's the thing, they couldn't share meaningful minutes anyway, why hesitate to trade him?

Jameer Nelson is one of my favorite Magic players and basically carried us through a playoff series, but I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for Chris Paul should we get the chance.

Exactly.

thejumpa
08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
No they don't. Marion is a better rebounder and defender but the difference in scoring ability is so vast it's not worth discussing. Part of SA's postseason issues was that Marion would get routinely crushed by someone like Bruce Bowen. A great defender may keep Melo from running wild but he's not getting held in the low teens by anybody and will still get into the 20s.

Plus, those Suns were better than anything we've seen from the Knicks since Ewing's prime, including the '98 squad.

I'm just saying....Melo and Amar'e are very similar in that they both are excellent scorers and thrive in fast-paced offenses. Add a quick PG like Tony Parker or CP3 and we will see a lot of scoring and assists. Unless NY were to get some random 7 footer who could play D, would you trust Amar'e guarding the paint? I sure as hell wouldn't. They would get murdered in a half court set. Carmelo can commit at times way but is way too inconsistent. I didn't even mention who their coach would be:oldlol:

The Phoenix comparisons are obvious. Not necessarily with the individual player comparisons, but moreso about the history of players/coaches and style of offense. It's never really won anything in the history of the league:confusedshrug:

Batz
08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Basically. Any GM would be a fool to not do the trade.

Rowe
08-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Im fine with that. However I dont like the idea of giving up Gallo & others like Chandler/AR to get Melo, when we could have all of them if we're patient enough to wait until 2011.

DaniloGallinari
08-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Gallo is going to develop into a LEGIT STAR!!!

bagelred
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM
There's no reason to give Gallinari away. Just play the waiting game. If Melo signs an extension somewhere else and goes to another team, so be it. I won't be broken up about it.

tpols
08-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Im fine with that. However I dont like the idea of giving up Gallo & others like Chandler/AR to get Melo, when we could have all of them if we're patient enough to wait until 2011.
Like you did with lebron?:lol

Honestly, all these knick fans would be terrible as GMs (hmm.. sort of like their real gms:roll: )

niko
08-17-2010, 03:50 PM

Honestly, all these knick fans would be terrible as GMs (hmm.. sort of like their real gms:roll: )

Our GM is not terrible. Isiah is NOT our GM. Welcoem to 2010.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 03:51 PM

What are you even talking about? We couldn't trade for Lebron anyway. We cleared cap space for 2010 and ended up with Amare, Felton, Randolph, Turiaf, Azubuike, and Mozgov. I think that's a pretty good summer. We didn't clear out space for one man, despite the media's obsession with him. Cleared out space for options and flexibility and to start from scratch.

As far as Melo, no reason to give up big time assets for him. Patience.....do we really want to cheer for him anyway?:confusedshrug:

ZenMaster
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm just saying....Melo and Amar'e are very similar in that they both are excellent scorers and thrive in fast-paced offenses. Add a quick PG like Tony Parker or CP3 and we will see a lot of scoring and assists. Unless NY were to get some random 7 footer who could play D, would you trust Amar'e guarding the paint? I sure as hell wouldn't. They would get murdered in a half court set. Carmelo can commit at times way but is way too inconsistent. I didn't even mention who their coach would be:oldlol:

The Phoenix comparisons are obvious. Not necessarily with the individual player comparisons, but moreso about the history of players/coaches and style of offense. It's never really won anything in the history of the league:confusedshrug:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dcl9NJavxeDd/340x.jpg

http://cluster.rsnnew12009.pairsite.com/gallery/2009/09/17/mozgov_640.jpg

Knicks101
Our GM is not terrible. Isiah is NOT our GM. Welcoem to 2010.

I'd much rather have the GM who managed to bring Johan Petro and Jordan Farmar to Jersey. Teams were really after those guys, but the Nets got them!

Oh and how can I forget Sean May. Stud!

bagelred
I'd much rather have the GM who managed to bring Johan Petro and Jordan Farmar to Jersey. Teams were really after those guys, but the Nets got them!

:roll: :roll:

Rowe
08-17-2010, 03:53 PM

Carmelo isn't anywhere near the type of impact player CP3 is. Carmelo doesn't improve the Knicks, if we give up our best young rotation players to do so. A team with just Melo/Amare/Felton isn't going anywhere further than where a team of Amare/Gallo/Chandler/Randolph/Felton is going.

If the Magic traded Jameer and get CP3 back in the process, thats an upgrade that gives Orlando a better chance against teams like Boston/Miami because CP3 makes other players better around him. Carmelo doesn't make anyone better, he is nothing more than a scorer. That isn't a knock on Melo, because hes a Top 15 player in the NBA, but hes not a player who makes everyone around him better. I'd love to have him on the Knicks because that added scoring will make us better, but thats only if we had our current players to help also.

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
So are you all just acting like Denver even has a ****ing GM right now? use your brain people, nothing has gone down.

PP34Deuce
08-17-2010, 04:00 PM
I dont know about you guys but if I have a chance to take a 26 year old player whos guranteed to give me 27ppg 7rpg and a couple assists I take him.

Raymond Felton says THANK YOU.

DaniloGallinari
08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
People think that having a great player=success. Look at Denver over the years. It takes a team to win. When's the last time a 1 man team won the championship?

MeLO MvP 15
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
Lmao at Knicks fans not willing to give up Gallo to get Melo... Melo won't be traded... I'd rather him leave for nothing (which won't happen, cuz he's re-signing) then trade him before or during this season... Might as well go for at all again with this group one more time

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
People think that having a great player=success. Look at Denver over the years. It takes a team to win. When's the last time a 1 man team won the championship?
So you'd rather have a collection of bad players? I'll take my good player, thanks.

Knicks101
08-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Lmao at Knicks fans not willing to give up Gallo to get Melo... Melo won't be traded... I'd rather him leave for nothing (which won't happen, cuz he's re-signing) then trade him before or during this season... Might as well go for at all again with this group one more time

:lol It's remarkable how much you guys sound like the Cleveland fans did last year.

PP34Deuce
08-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Carmelo isn't anywhere near the type of impact player CP3 is. Carmelo doesn't improve the Knicks, if we give up our best young rotation players to do so. A team with just Melo/Amare/Felton isn't going anywhere further than where a team of Amare/Gallo/Chandler/Randolph/Felton is going.

If the Magic traded Jameer and get CP3 back in the process, thats an upgrade that gives Orlando a better chance against teams like Boston/Miami because CP3 makes other players better around him. Carmelo doesn't make anyone better, he is nothing more than a scorer. That isn't a knock on Melo, because hes a Top 15 player in the NBA, but hes not a player who makes everyone around him better. I'd love to have him on the Knicks because that added scoring will make us better, but thats only if we had our current players to help also.

You might be putting too much in Gallinari. Hes young,hes italian and he can shoot. he was the bright spot on your team, but chances are he wont be better than Carmelo Anthony.

Melos recognition alone will open up the game for others on the team. You have a player who can run with Felt and Amare, and a guy who can play post offense.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Lmao at Knicks fans not willing to give up Gallo to get Melo...

That's right. He's a good player who's getting better that fans really like. If we are patient, we can have both of them. There's no reason to panic. If Melo truly wants to go to the Knicks, then Denver is f-cked either way. Denver should just keep him already and go for a championship with this group.

Denver could let Anthony, Martin, Smith, and Billups all walk with Nene possibly opting out. That would be major cap space to simply start over.

tpols
08-17-2010, 04:13 PM

Oh and how can I forget Sean May. Stud!
Who were the nets supposed to get? We weren't getting lebron so we signed solid young guys to new short contracts:confusedshrug: What were we supposed to do? The knicks, on the other hand, put all their eggs into one basket to get lebron and flopped.

And now you guys are denying the opportunity to get melo because of some unproven euro?:facepalm This is like dumars and darko all over again:roll: :cheers:

Andrei89
08-17-2010, 04:16 PM
That's right. He's a good player who's getting better that fans really like. If we are patient, we can have both of them. There's no reason to panic. If Melo truly wants to go to the Knicks, then Denver is f-cked either way. Denver should just keep him already and go for a championship with this group.

Denver could let Anthony, Martin, Smith, and Billups all walk with Nene possibly opting out. That would be major cap space to simply start over.

Bagel no disrespect man

But after what happened this summer i would expect some commons sense in not making the same mistake again

Melo is one hell of a playah i can't believe you wouldn't trade him for freaking gallo and wait for him to resign with Denver or choose another team

With Amare you won't make it pass the first round. With Melo you can reach conference finals

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Who were the nets supposed to get? We weren't getting lebron so we signed solid young guys to new short contracts:confusedshrug: What were we supposed to do? The knicks, on the other hand, put all their eggs into one basket to get lebron and flopped.

:roll: :roll: Nets and Knicks were in same exact situation. How did we put all our eggs in Lebron basket?:roll:

It was the Nets who gave away Yi for nothing. It was the Nets who gave away Vince Carter for just Lee. It was the Nets who tanked for 12 wins and didn't make moves to do SOMETHING.

Nets had all this cap space and got zero. A collection of moderately role players and you are renting Troy Murphy for the year. Congratulations.

Hahaha......put all our eggs in Lebron basket? We didn't even HAVE any eggs. :lol

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Carmelo would thrive in New York.

Besides Billups, Denver is full of nutcases.

fatboy11
The thing that is working against Denver is that Melo obviously wants to go to New York. It's obvious. I wouldn't give up Gallinari either. If Denver has any brains about them, they'll do a sign and trade with NY next summer to get a trade exception or they can be stubborn and get nothing.

I'd wait it out if I were the Knicks. They're in the driver seat. Danilo has a lot of potential and he's shown a steady progression. He could be a very valuable part of that team. Could you imagine him as a 6th man on a team with Amar'e and Carmelo (potentially Chris Paul/Tony Parker also)? Wow.

bagelred
Bagel no disrespect man

But after what happened this summer i would expect some commons sense in not making the same mistake again

Melo is one hell of a playah i can't believe you wouldn't trade him for freaking gallo and wait for him to resign with Denver or choose another team

With Amare you won't make it pass the first round. With Melo you can reach conference finals

Because I'm not a fan of Melo, so I'm indifferent. I don't just want great players, I want players I like. If Melo wants to come here, just wait and he'll come here with Gallo, Randolph, and maybe Chandler still on board. If we lose him, so be it. I like Tony Parker better anyway and he's cheaper.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:20 PM
The thing that is working against Denver is that Melo obviously wants to go to New York. It's obvious. I wouldn't give up Gallinari either. If Denver has any brains about them, they'll do a sign and trade with NY next summer to get a trade exception or they can be stubborn and get nothing.

I'd wait it out if I were the Knicks. They're in the driver seat. Danilo has a lot of potential and he's shown a steady progression. He could be a very valuable part of that team. Could you imagine him as a 6th man on a team with Amar'e and Carmelo (potentially Chris Paul/Tony Parker also)? Wow.

Repped.

jbot
08-17-2010, 04:21 PM
they better go for it. Melo is a damn all-star player.

Melo >>> all those other guys mentioned in the trade.

NY-Knicks
I'd rather give up Gallinari or Chandler than Randolph.
Gallinari and Chandler play the three and would be stuck behind Carmelo.

I dont see the problem. You trade a good young player away who might not even become half the player Melo is for one of the most complete scorers in the League. On the other hand, waiting for Melo and possibly having him sign that extension with another team (a contender) is a bad idea.

Heat>your team
:roll: :roll: Nets and Knicks were in same exact situation. How did we put all our eggs in Lebron basket?:roll:

It was the Nets who gave away Yi for nothing. It was the Nets who gave away Vince Carter for just Lee. It was the Nets who tanked for 12 wins and didn't make moves to do SOMETHING.

Nets had all this cap space and got zero. A collection of moderately role players and you are renting Troy Murphy for the year. Congratulations.

Hahaha......put all our eggs in Lebron basket? We didn't even HAVE any eggs. :lol

Actually, If I recall correctly, NY put 3 years of their seasons eggs into 1 offseason. And all they got was a max player in stoudemire who's injury prone and a sub-par rebounder/defender. There's a reason why New York was the only team who offered him the max.

PP34Deuce
08-17-2010, 04:22 PM

LOL Neither guys can play defense that well, but Melo is more physical,will always be the better offensive player.theres a 4 year diff in age but Carmelo at 19 was a 18ppg scorer.....This is not as close as people think. Melo is clearly better.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 04:23 PM
LOL Neither guys can play defense that well, but Melo is more physical,will always be the better offensive player.theres a 4 year diff in age but Carmelo at 19 was a 18ppg scorer.....This is not as close as people think. Melo is clearly better.What does that have to do with my post?

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:25 PM
People are acting like Walsh is incompetent. There is no sure thing. Denver could very well send him elsewhere so he has to make an offer. Melo wants that extension but he wants to play somewhere else too (at least that's how I understand this situation). Also, with players like that you don't wanna wait it out because he might change his mind. If you can get him now, you get him.

tpols
08-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Actually, If I recall correctly, NY put 3 years of their seasons eggs into 1 offseason. And all they got was a max player in stoudemire who's injury prone and a sub-par rebounder/defender. There's a reason why New York was the only team who offered him the max.
:applause: these knicks fans are delusional acting like the nets were pushing as hard as them. We made a last second effort like every team with capspace did.

You guys tanked two years hard (shit the whole decade pretty much) in hopes of getting an elite wing player, failed miserably, and now want to pass up the opportunity to get another elite wing player.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Actually, If I recall correctly, NY put 3 years of their seasons eggs into 1 offseason.

Well it was 2 seasons first of all. And secondly, WHAT DID YOU WANT US TO DO??!!!! What were our other options? Did you want Walsh to do THE SAME THING Isiah did and take back MORE Contracts? I never understand this "put eggs in 2010 basket". We had no other choice!!!! Getting under cap was the quickest way to turn this around, regardless of who we got.

Such mindless drivel. "Uh, you tanked two years to get Lebron." No we didn't. We tanked for two years because we had sh-t players.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:27 PM
I'd rather give up Gallinari or Chandler than Randolph.
Gallinari and Chandler play the three and would be stuck behind Carmelo.

I dont see the problem. You trade a good young player away who might not even become half the player Melo is for one of the most complete scorers in the League. On the other hand, waiting for Melo and possibly having him sign that extension with another team (a contender) is a bad idea.
Exactly. People are too caught up with homegrown players. It's overrated. If I could trade up for a championship team I would. And I don't care whether my team drafted them or not.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 04:28 PM
People are acting like Walsh is incompetent. There is no sure thing. Denver could very well send him elsewhere so he has to make an offer. Melo wants that extension but he wants to play somewhere else too (at least that's how I understand this situation). Also, with players like that you don't wanna wait it out because he might change his mind. If you can get him now, you get him.He's not going to sign an extension if he can't go to the Knicks.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:28 PM
:applause: these knicks fans are delusional acting like the nets were pushing as hard as them. We made a last second effort like every team with capspace did.

You guys tanked two years hard (shit the whole decade pretty much) in hopes of getting an elite wing player, failed miserably, and now want to pass up the opportunity to get another elite wing player.

The Knicks tanked??? The NETS WON 12 F-CKING GAMES!!!!! They gave away their best player for basically nothing!!!! If that's not tanking, I don't know what is.

There is a difference between tanking and sucking. The Knicks sucked, but THE NETS tanked!!!!!

Knicks101
08-17-2010, 04:30 PM

:roll:

Who did the Nets trade Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter and Jason Kidd for again?

Devin Harris and....?

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:30 PM
He's not going to sign an extension if he can't go to the Knicks.
Haven't people learned from the LeBron situation? There is NO sure thing. Whatever the reports may say, you gotta tune that out.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Well it was 2 seasons first of all. And secondly, WHAT DID YOU WANT US TO DO??!!!! What were our other options? Did you want Walsh to do THE SAME THING Isiah did and take back MORE Contracts? I never understand this "put eggs in 2010 basket". We had no other choice!!!! Getting under cap was the quickest way to turn this around, regardless of who we got.

Such mindless drivel. "Uh, you tanked two years to get Lebron." No we didn't. We tanked for two years because we had sh-t players.

Well, making the presentation for Lebron a little bit more intelligent besides "Hey, this city can make you a billionare!" would have helped.

But I digress, of course getting under the cap was a good thing, and from the hole the Knicks were in, they did pretty well. Regardless of that though, signing Amare to a 100M dollar contract was still a highly risky move.

Gutting the roster was a good thing. But just because you get a little bit of cap space, that doesn't mean you need to immedietly fill it back up with some temporary relief (in the form of stoudemire) without a clear-cut plan on how to build a championship team. Sure, the fans are back on board in a way, but if the team starts losing, then I don't know how patient they'll be.

tpols
08-17-2010, 04:31 PM
The Knicks tanked??? The NETS WON 12 F-CKING GAMES!!!!! They gave away their best player for basically nothing!!!! If that's not tanking, I don't know what is.

There is a difference between tanking and sucking. The Knicks sucked, but THE NETS tanked!!!!!
The nets didn't tank for lebron though. We tanked (non-purposely) to restart with young talent like any team would. Its building from scratch. The knicks have sucked THIS WHOLE DECADE! The only playoff series you guys made ended in you getting SWEPT BY THE NETS! Oh the f!cking irony. You have absolutely no room to talk right now.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, making the presentation for Lebron a little bit more intelligent besides "Hey, this city can make you a billionare!" would have helped.

But I digress, of course getting under the cap was a good thing, and from the hole the Knicks were in, they did pretty well. Regardless of that though, signing Amare to a 100M dollar contract was still a highly risky move.

Gutting the roster was a good thing. But just because you get a little bit of cap space, that doesn't mean you need to immedietly fill it back up with some temporary relief (in the form of stoudemire) without a clear-cut plan on how to build a championship team.
LeBron was going to the place where he can join Bosh and Wade for the most amount of money. There was no way he was going to NY. Only Miami could offer that much money too all cause they already had Wade's bird rights.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Haven't people learned from the LeBron situation? There is NO sure thing. Whatever the reports may say, you gotta tune that out.You mean like how most of the reports had LeBron going to Miami?

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
The nets didn't tank for lebron though. We tanked (non-purposely) to restart with young talent like any team would. Its building from scratch. The knicks have sucked THIS WHOLE DECADE! The only playoff series you guys made ended in you getting SWEPT BY THE NETS! Oh the f!cking irony. You have absolutely no room to talk right now.
LOL. That's basically what the Knicks did. Got rid of bad players/contracts and started over with young talent. You should be the last person to criticize the Knicks because the Nets have been doing the same exact thing the last few years.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
You mean like how most of the reports had LeBron going to Miami?
Reports had him going to NY too. Don't act like you didn't see that.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Gutting the roster was a good thing. But just because you get a little bit of cap space, that doesn't mean you need to immedietly fill it back up with some temporary relief (in the form of stoudemire) without a clear-cut plan on how to build a championship team. Sure, the fans are back on board in a way, but if the team starts losing, then I don't know how patient they'll be.

Oh my Lord, Amare Stoudemire is a Top 20 player!!! Maybe Top 15. Temporary relief? :lol

It's only because we have Amare that Lebron even considered coming here and the reason Carmelo and/or TP want to come here. It probably convinced Felton to make the move.....

C'mon, you are really reaching for something to criticize the Knicks....let it go.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
LeBron was going to the place where he can join Bosh and Wade for the most amount of money. There was no way he was going to NY. Only Miami could offer that much money too all cause they already had Wade's bird rights.

You can buy into that conspiracy, but I'm not so sure. Remember, he was open to Chicago as well, and if it wasn't for Reinsdorf saying his cronies wouldn't get special treatment, then Lebron may have gone to the Bulls.

Similarly, if the Knicks had presented a clear-cut plan for winning, where they explained how they'd do everything they could to get CP3 once eddy curry's contract came off the books, then I'm sure the Knicks pitch would have been much more influential.

tpols
LOL. That's basically what the Knicks did. Got rid of bad players/contracts and started over with young talent. You should be the last person to criticize the Knicks because the Nets have been doing the same exact thing the last few years.
Difference is the nets had successful pieces to make runs for a good 6-7 years in the decade while the knicks have had 0. It'd be foolish to say your gm even competed with ours.

Knicks101

Yup. The Nets trading their Big Three was nothing but a salary dump, much like the Knicks trading their not nearly as talented players. It just wasn't advertised as such. To suggest that the Nets weren't trying that hard to acquire LeBron is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site. They gave away CDR and Yi because they felt like it, I guess.

fatboy11
Reports had him going to NY too. Don't act like you didn't see that.Uh, no. When? New York was about 4th on the list of "reports" after Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland. So, no. I never saw one report of him going to New York from a credible source.

I saw reports that had him going to Chicago and Miami. The Chicago reports were very short lived. The overwhelming majority of the reports had him going to Miami.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh my Lord, Amare Stoudemire is a Top 20 player!!! Maybe Top 15. Temporary relief? :lol

It's only because we have Amare that Lebron even considered coming here and the reason Carmelo and/or TP want to come here. It probably convinced Felton to make the move.....

C'mon, you are really reaching for something to criticize the Knicks....let it go.

Umm, again, the whole cultural/global icon thing influenced Lebron's decision making process to New York much more than Amare's presence. Mostly everyone knew that Amare was a product of Nash and the system he played in, and that would not necessarily translate to a team where Lebron is the primary playmaker/ballhandler.

I see you've decided to neg rep me because you're mad. You're a reputation whore as well? Makes sense considering how blind your fanboyism is.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:38 PM
They gave away CDR and Yi because they felt like it, I guess.

Forgot about CDR. Gave away VC, CDR, and Yi for basically nothing.

Heat>your team
08-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Uh, no. When? New York was about 4th on the list of "reports" after Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland. So, no. I never saw one report of him going to New York from a credible source.

I saw reports that had him going to Chicago and Miami. The Chicago reports were very short lived. The overwhelming majority of the reports had him going to Miami.

Actually, both Bucher and Broussard said they heard New York strong multiple times, like 5 days before the Decision. It was after that when they changed their minds to Miami strong, even though Broussard was still tooting the Cleveland horn.

bagelred
Umm, again, the whole cultural/global icon thing influenced Lebron's decision making process to New York much more than Amare's presence. Mostly everyone knew that Amare was a product of Nash and the system he played in, and that would not necessarily translate to a team where Lebron is the primary playmaker/ballhandler.

I see you've decided to neg rep me because you're mad. You're a reputation whore as well? Makes sense considering how blind your fanboyism is.

I didn't negatively rep you. It was someone else.

But now I will. :lol

Knicks101

Along with Richard Jefferson. They did the same exact thing that the Knicks did, they were just working with more talent than we were.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Uh, no. When? New York was about 4th on the list of "reports" after Miami, Chicago, and Cleveland. So, no. I never saw one report of him going to New York from a credible source.

Those Miami reports were like THE day before his decision. Reports had NY as a strong possibility before those last few days. And even before then. These past few seasons, everyone thought he was either staying in Cleveland or heading to NY. Have you been living under a rock?

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Along with Richard Jefferson. They did the same exact thing that the Knicks did, they were just working with more talent than we were.

Which makes it worse. Nets went from perennial playoff team to garbage by tanking. And posters are criticizing the Knicks. :facepalm

tpols
08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
We gave away a young unproven prospect in CDR, an old VC after milking his entrie prime out of him, and a terrible big man to make way for young guys to come through with one of them coming off a finals team who was a capable defender and solid shooter.:confusedshrug:

Then again why am I explaining this to a knick fan who would rather keep gallo than attain melo.:facepalm

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:42 PM
The only reason I would say no to the deal is if no other teams were making offers. It wouldn't be because Gallo is this immense talent (which he isn't, IMO)

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:43 PM
We gave away a young unproven prospect in CDR, an old VC after milking his entrie prime out of him, and a terrible big man to make way for young guys to come through with one of them coming off a finals team who was a capable defender and solid shooter.:confusedshrug:

Then again why am I explaining this to a knick fan who would rather keep gallo than attain melo.:facepalm
We gave away superstars Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph, and Jordan Hill lolololol

Knicks101
08-17-2010, 04:44 PM

Yeah, they traded those guys because they really really wanted Jordan Farmar. Even though they would have had the cap space to sign him regardless. That makes A LOT of sense.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Those Miami reports were like THE day before his decision.[/qupte]By "THE day before" his decision, do you mean "an entire week, week and a half"?

[QUOTE=New York Knicks]Reports had NY as a strong possibility before those last few days. And even before then."Strong possibility" isn't "he's going to Miami". Never saw a report that said he was definitely going to New York. Saw plenty of those for Miami. Even a few for Chicago. None for New York. Never even saw a report saying he was "leaning" towards New York.

These past few seasons, everyone thought he was either staying in Cleveland or heading to NY. Have you been living under a rock?What is that? Speculation? That isn't a ****ing report, man. Get real. Saying you think someone is going somewhere is no the same thing as someone reporting that someone IS going somewhere. **** outta here with that garbage. Ask me if I'm living under a rock and you're talking ****ing speculation by fans and writers.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Those Miami reports were like THE day before his decision.By "THE day before" his decision, do you mean "an entire week, week and a half"?

"Strong possibility" isn't "he's going to Miami". Never saw a report that said he was definitely going to New York. Saw plenty of those for Miami. Even a few for Chicago. None for New York. Never even saw a report saying he was "leaning" towards New York.

What is that? Speculation? That isn't a ****ing report, man. Get real. Saying you think someone is going somewhere is no the same thing as someone reporting that someone IS going somewhere. **** outta here with that garbage. Ask me if I'm living under a rock and you're talking ****ing speculation by fans and writers.
EVERYTHING WAS SPECULATION. Do you think these Melo reports AREN'T speculation? Are you brain-dead?

tpols
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, they traded those guys because they really really wanted Jordan Farmar. Even though they would have had the cap space to sign him regardless. That makes A LOT of sense.
Because jordan farmar was the best guy we got this off season? Because we unloaded them a year before these aquisitions? :facepalm

I don't get where you're going with this. The guys we let go were either young unproven pieces who conflicted with team interests or old guys past their prime. I know you're excited because you're team may crack the 40 win mark for the first time in the past 10 years but stop wetting yourself.:lol

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Knicks101, you just don't understand. Farmar won TWO championships. Clearly, he has value way beyond his mediocre play.

Honestly, which Jew would you rather have? Amare or Farmar? Clearly, Farmar has more Jewish experience. No contest.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
EVERYTHING WAS SPECULATION. Do you think these Melo reports AREN'T speculation? Are you brain-dead?No, I really do not think the Melo reports are speculation. I take it as pretty much fact. He'll be a Knick.

And, yes, I'm clearly brain dead. Clearly. I can form a complete sentence and navigate my way around a computer, but I am, in fact, brain dead.

You're the one talking about "reports". There were no reports that he was headed to New York. No report with "a source says". A report has a source. Speculation does not.

Blue&Orange
08-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Knicks are willing to lose the c0ck?

boozehound
08-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Which makes it worse. Nets went from perennial playoff team to garbage by tanking. And posters are criticizing the Knicks. :facepalm
who cares about the nets. Why do you two groups always get into a pissing contest of who ****ed up the worst? Neither team is gonna be very good next year.

tpols
08-17-2010, 04:51 PM
No, I really do not think the Melo reports are speculation. I take it as pretty much fact. He'll be a Knick.

And, yes, I'm clearly brain dead. Clearly. I can form a complete sentence and navigate my way around a computer, but I am, in fact, brain dead.
Everything is speculation. A day before 'the decision' everyone was saying he would be a knick because the conference was being held in greenwich, CT. Bagelred was pretty much shitting his pants but now all the knick fans are like ,'Lebron who? I never thought he was coming here. He sucks. Hes a loser:cry: '

bagelred
08-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Bagelred was pretty much shitting his pants but now all the knick fans are like ,'Lebron who? I never thought he was coming here. He sucks. Hes a loser:cry: '

You really enjoy putting word in people mouths. :rolleyes:

Se
08-17-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't think Denver can pass up on a deal of:
Gallinari
Curry (expirer)
1st Round Pick x 2
$3 million

Huge salary relief for them, plus they have the option of packaging Curry and Martin's expirers for some big name players. Ellis and Biedrins?

Knicks:
CT: Turiaf/ Mozgov
PF: Stoudemire/ Randolph
SF: Anthony/ Chandler
SG: Azubuike/ Walker
PG: Felton/ Douglas

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:53 PM
No, I really do not think the Melo reports are speculation. I take it as pretty much fact. He'll be a Knick.

You're the one talking about "reports". There were no reports that he was headed to New York. No report with "a source says". A report has a source. Speculation does not.
And I'm telling you yes there were. Not the day before the decision but several days before. There were several reports that said it. And yes they did say they had sources. Clearly, you have selective memory.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Everything is speculation. A day before 'the decision' everyone was saying he would be a knick because the conference was being held in greenwich, CT. Bagelred was pretty much shitting his pants but now all the knick fans are like ,'Lebron who? I never thought he was coming here. He sucks. Hes a loser:cry: 'No one with half a clue thought he was going to New York because the press conference was in Greenwich. It was pretty clear that was a neutral location.

And how could him going to Miami be speculation when SO MANY people were reporting it and he actually did go there?

Knicks101
08-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Knicks101, you just don't understand. Farmar won TWO championships. Clearly, he has value way beyond his mediocre play.

Honestly, which Jew would you rather have? Amare or Farmar? Clearly, Farmar has more Jewish experience. No contest.

Hey, hey, hey. Farmar wasn't even the best guy they got buddy. Johan Petro? This guy was awesome in NBA Live 06. Dude turns into an 75 overall player after 12 years of development!

Travis Outlaw? Do you know how many game winners he's hit in his career? Three. Yeah, you read that right. Any team would love to have him as their starting Small Forward.

Anthony Morrow man. This guy scored more points in one game than any other player in history. He did it in the Summer League! More than any player in history, yeah that's right more than Johan Petro and Jordan Farmar!

Sean May was the biggest signing(pun intended). This guy doesn't suck, he just can't stay in shape. Once he starts training with Brook Lopez he'll be the best Power Forward in the league.

New Jersey Nets 2010 Offseason

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z167/Great_WhiteSnark/ComicBookGuySmall.jpg
Best. Offseason. Ever

fatboy11
And I'm telling you yes there were. Not the day before the decision but several days before. There were several reports that said it. And yes they did say they had sources. Clearly, you have selective memory.Bust out the links, brother.

Time to defend yourself.

LALakerFan4Life
Report: Carmelo Could Force Trade To Knicks

It seems more and more likely Carmelo Anthony will not sign a contract extension with the Nuggets, which likely will force the team to trade him, perhaps to the Knicks.

ESPN.com reported last night that Anthony is "going to make it real clear that he's not coming back" to Denver, according to an NBA source.

"Both Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke and Anthony already are well aware that they don't have a future together, sources say. That became clear to Kroenke at a reception after Anthony's July 11 (wedding) to La La Vasquez in Manhattan," the report says.

During the reception, Hornets guard Chris Paul and new Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire both mentioned in toasts that Anthony should join the Knicks. Anthony "apparently did nothing to discourage or dismiss the suggestions that he should leave the Nuggets," the report says.

Anthony, who grew up in Baltimore and played at Syracuse, could return to the East Coast in two ways: He could sign the three-year, $65 million extension the Nuggets have offered, then force the team to trade him. Or he could refuse to sign, leaving the Nuggets to trade him or receive nothing when he becomes a free agent after this season.

Either option could have Anthony in a Knicks uniform at the start of this season, or at the league's February trade deadline.

The Denver Post reports the Nuggets have maintained they will trade the high-scoring forward rather than lose him for nothing, and ESPN said, around the NBA, "The persistent belief is New York is where he wants to end up."

According to ESPN, the Knicks could offer Eddy Curry and his expiring contract to the Nuggets, along with players, in a trade.

Last week, Anthony said he had no timetable to sign the extension, a very lucrative deal considering the NBA's unstable labor situation heading into 2011-12. Other reports had those close to Anthony saying the Knicks are "perfect for him."

The Nuggets recently fired their basketball operations chief, Mark Warkentien, and could wait to hire front-office personnel before trading Anthony.

ESPN reports Anthony took a liking to Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni during the 2008 Olympics, where D'Antoni was an assistant coach for Team USA.

The Knicks signed only Stoudemire from a 2010 free agent class that included LeBron James and Chris Bosh, who both joined Miami, with their respective teams (Cleveland, Toronto) getting nothing in return.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/carmelo_could_force_trade_to_knicks_KuuvyH2kRDMAZW xccFM8PN

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 04:58 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/report_lebron_leaning_toward_knicks_9G3ijfy23mybms 3CzExLcJ

Stephen A. Smith himself said on ESPN radio that his sources said LeBron was going to the Knicks. I think Jalen Rose had said something too. And this took all of 10 seconds to google.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:00 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/report_lebron_leaning_toward_knicks_9G3ijfy23mybms 3CzExLcJ

Stephen A. Smith himself said on ESPN radio that his sources said LeBron was going to the Knicks. I think Jalen Rose had said something too. And this took all of 10 seconds to google.10 days later SAS reported he was going to Miami and stayed with that until the end. You're clinging to a report like a month before "The Decision".

But you did produce a link so I'll give you that.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
New Jersey Nets 2010 Offseason

Best. Offseason. Ever

http://i37.tinypic.com/o09m3a.gif

"Duffman!!! Lovin' the 2010 Nets. Oh yeah!!!!"

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 05:02 PM
10 days later SAS reported he was going to Miami and stayed with that until the end. You're clinging to a report like a month before "The Decision".

But you did produce a link so I'll give you that.
Everyone knew he was Miami-bound the day before the decision. The point is there were reports of him going to NY. Doesn't matter when they were released. The point is everything is speculation. Whether they have "sources" or not. They're all just rumors until Melo goes on radio and says he wants out of Denver (like Kobe did with LA).

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
What part of this is so hard to understand? What if 10 days from now all these sources saying Melo's NY-bound says...Melo wants to go to Orlando?

DRoseOwnsACamry
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
WOW at some of these moronic Knicks fans in here not willing to give up ****ing Danilo Gallinari, a guy who they thought was a wasted pick two years ago, for someone who will turn them into a contender! Would you rather stay mediocre or have a chance to win a championship? :wtf:

tpols
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
You really enjoy putting word in people mouths. :rolleyes:
Re: Lebron to the Knicks

I've got my hand lotion all ready to go.....

ah, wtf, I'll just start now.......whistling............
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181445
:roll: :lol I don't have to.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:05 PM
What part of this is so hard to understand? What if 10 days from now all these sources saying Melo's NY-bound says...Melo wants to go to Orlando?They won't. Orlando's being used a smokescreen.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
They won't. Orlando's being used a smokescreen.
Oh, now you're psychic. Obviously, you didn't get my point.

Scoooter
08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
WOW at some of these moronic Knicks fans in here not willing to give up ****ing Danilo Gallinari, a guy who they thought was a wasted pick two years ago, for someone who will turn them into a contender! Would you rather stay mediocre or have a chance to win a championship? :wtf:
It's possible they won't have to though. And if you don't have to, why would you?

Danillo's a gamer. I wouldn't be so quick to dump him.

boozehound
08-17-2010, 05:08 PM
They won't. Orlando's being used a smokescreen.
you are purposely being an obtuse ass in this thread.

bagelred
Re: Lebron to the Knicks

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181445
:roll: :lol I don't have to.

It's like you are trying to find contradictions that don't exist.

New York Knicks
you are purposely being an obtuse ass in this thread.
He is. Absolutely pathetic one too. He just wants to feel like he's right. Doesn't matter what I post.

RajonKGcelts
08-17-2010, 05:09 PM

Yeah take Melo as quick as possible

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:10 PM
you are purposely being an obtuse ass in this thread.No.

Stating my beliefs.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh, now you're psychic. Obviously, you didn't get my point.I got your point.

But it isn't going to happen. The only reason why Orlando is even being mentioned as a possibility for smokescreen purposes.

Never will there be a report that says he's headed to Orlando.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
He is. Absolutely pathetic one too. He just wants to feel like he's right. Doesn't matter what I post.You're right. It really doesn't matter what you post. You can't convince me that he isn't trying to force his way to the Knicks, and that he won't be successful.

tpols
08-17-2010, 05:13 PM
It's like you are trying to find contradictions that don't exist.
Contradictions for what? Fatboy was saying how 'real experts' knew lebron wasn't going to NY meanwhile you and other idiotic knick fans were literally jerking off to the possibility of having an elite wing that could actually make your team relevant. Now you guys want to pass on melo because of some euro coming off his sophomore season at 15ppg?:lol Its not a contradiction, it's just stupidity.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I got your point.

But it isn't going to happen. The only reason why Orlando is even being mentioned as a possibility for smokescreen purposes.

Never will there be a report that says he's headed to Orlando.
See, you didn't get my point. Lol. My point was that everything is speculation. I just threw a random team out there. This is like arguing with a wall.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Contradictions for what? Fatboy was saying how 'real experts' knew lebron wasn't going to NY meanwhile you and other idiotic knick fans were literally jerking off to the possibility of having an elite wing that could actually make your team relevant. Now you guys want to pass on melo because of some euro coming off his sophomore season at 15ppg?:lol Its not a contradiction, it's just stupidity.That's not what I said. I said it wasn't reported (at least heavily since NewYorkKnicks did link me up) that he was going to NY. 98% of the reports had him going to Miami or Chicago.

I know what anyone knew or didn't know. I just know what was reported. And nothing in the month of July was reported for LeBron going to NY.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Now you guys want to pass on melo because of some euro coming off his sophomore season at 15ppg?:lol Its not a contradiction, it's just stupidity.

We're not passing on anything. Denver has no leverage. If Knicks know Melo wants to come here, we don't have to give up anything. We'll just wait.

It's like paying for $40 to park your car, where if you just went two blocks down, you could park for free. There's no reason to pay, where if we wait, we'll get Melo for "free".

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 05:18 PM
See, you didn't get my point. Lol. My point was that everything is speculation. I just threw a random team out there. This is like arguing with a wall.Okay, but do you realize that Orlando is being throw out there by some media as "on his trade list"? There is no trade list. It's all a smokescreen.

Okay. Yes. This is all speculation. We're arguing over semantics here. I don't care. He's going to the Knicks. Speculate on that.

Are you happy now?

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
That's not what I said. I said it wasn't reported (at least heavily since NewYorkKnicks did link me up) that he was going to NY. 98% of the reports had him going to Miami or Chicago.

I know what anyone knew or didn't know. I just know what was reported. And nothing in the month of July was reported for LeBron going to NY.
You can't just make up shit like that. At one point there were just as many reports of him going every which way whether it was to stay in Cleveland or go elsewhere. It wasn't until it really got close to the "Decision" date that all the reports started saying Miami. But who are you to say which reports (at the time) were valid and which weren't? Damn, you're dense.

zORi
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
We're not passing on anything. Denver has no leverage. If Knicks know Melo wants to come here, we don't have to give up anything. We'll just wait.

It's like paying for $40 to park your car, where if you just went two blocks down, you could park for free. There's no reason to pay, where if we wait, we'll get Melo for "free".

That's a good point, the question is how badly he wants to come there.

What if he ends up traded to a contender and changes his mind (and now, I'm not talking about Orl, I mean anywhere).

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Okay, but do you realize that Orlando is being throw out there by some media as "on his trade list"? There is no trade list. It's all a smokescreen.

Okay. Yes. This is all speculation. We're arguing over semantics here. I don't care. He's going to the Knicks. Speculate on that.

Are you happy now?
LOL. We're not arguing over semantics. You keep saying which "reports" are valid like what you say goes. Pathetic. Suck my dick. Speculate on that.

wang4three
08-17-2010, 05:23 PM
You take Melo now, always. Can't be risk-adverse here.

tpols
08-17-2010, 05:24 PM

No it's like paying $40 to park your car, or driving two blocks down for free (illegal) parking in a tow zone. There's no guarantee waiting is going to pay off.

Geez, I would have though you guys had learned your lesson with lebron.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Geez, I would have though you guys had learned your lesson with lebron.

What does that mean? That doesn't even make sense. :lol

mcgeorge
08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't be sleeping on the Magic...

They have one of the deepest teams in the league so the talent they can give up as well as picks would be a pretty good haul for the Nuggets. Include VC's huge contract as well as ability to win games in Denver...

I mean if I am Orlando I give up anyone and everyone not named Howard to get Melo. Team Melo with Howard and you have some serious problems for teams around the league. If I was a Magic fan I would be seriously pissed if they don't go hard for him.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
god i love watching knicks fans be wrong.

again.

tpols
08-17-2010, 05:27 PM
What does that mean? That doesn't even make sense. :lol
It means if you have the chance to get a top ten player in the league who you can build your franchise around you take it. After getting ****ed by lebron I would think you would realize what a good opportunity this is. Why are knick fans so dense?

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't be sleeping on the Magic...

They have one of the deepest teams in the league so the talent they can give up as well as picks would be a pretty good haul for the Nuggets. Include VC's huge contract as well as ability to win games in Denver...

I mean if I am Orlando I give up anyone and everyone not named Howard to get Melo. Team Melo with Howard and you have some serious problems for teams around the league. If I was a Magic fan I would be seriously pissed if they don't go hard for him.

im open to seeing melo traded to any team if the deal is fair. i know we cant get 100% value but 30-40 cents on the dollar?

only problem is what can the magic offer? carter has 0 value for denver.

DRoseOwnsACamry
08-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Anyone else think this situation may end up like Bron's? The media is saying either Orlando or New York, but what if a week from now some team comes out of the blue and nabs him, like Miami did with Bron?

tpols
08-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Anyone else think this situation may end up like Bron's? The media is saying either Orlando or New York, but what if a week from now some team comes out of the blue and nabs him, like Miami did with Bron?
He probably will and then bagel will have been in the exact same situation twice. Deja Vu :lol :roll:

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 05:34 PM

we have no leverage? :oldlol:

knick fans look stupid. again.

TMacYaoRockets
08-17-2010, 05:39 PM

Knicks could have more leverage. Melo is born in New York. His wife is from NY. He probably really does wanna go back home to NY.

tpols
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM

For real. Who says melo def wants in NY? You guys are making shit up like you did with lebron. Your idiotic thought processes and opinions are going to lead to you getting ****ed again.

zORi
08-17-2010, 05:40 PM

I bet that happens, too.

Watch him end up in Chicago or something.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 05:57 PM

If Melo truly wants to end up in NY, then Denver has no leverage. What's hard to understand?

tpols
08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
If Melo truly wants to end up in NY, then Denver has no leverage. What's hard to understand?
IF
IF
IF

Why woudln't the knicks try to entice denver into trading him and make the deal a sure thing (whilst losing some young talent) rather than sitting and waiting and leting melo decide (thereby putting the situation out of their hands and into his)?

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Depends which is more important to Melo, getting that extension while the current CBA is still in effect and getting that security or ending up in NY no matter what. I'm thinking that security+money is pretty important. I think he will sign that extension and a trade WILL happen. Not sure which team. The way I see it, he wants that money and he'll compromise with Denver on where he'll go because if Denver trades Melo for Gallo, Curry, and future 1st they'd be royally screwed.

BUT at the same time he CAN refuse to sign the extension and just enter FA if he can't go to the team he wants via trade. But is it worth it for him?

Knicks101
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
IF
IF
IF

Why woudln't the knicks try to entice denver into trading him and make the deal a sure thing (whilst losing some young talent) rather than sitting and waiting and leting melo decide (thereby putting the situation out of their hands and into his)?

What a stupid question. Nobody should even dignify this with an answer. Think about it for a second Porky, why wouldn't a team want to trade young talent for a player on an expiring contract, if they aren't sure that said player wants to play for their team?

niko
08-17-2010, 06:02 PM
IF
IF
IF

i tend to agree with you. Knicks have leverage (for lack of a better word) now if Melo will not agree to an extension pre trade. it's what kills the nets chances (i know net fans will disagree, but are you really trading your assets with the possibility he leaves across the river next year? you might, your owner won't). the longer they wait, the more variable pop up. if you can get him now, get him. my fellow knick fans are wrong here.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 06:05 PM
i tend to agree with you. Knicks have leverage (for lack of a better word) now if Melo will not agree to an extension pre trade. it's what kills the nets chances (i know net fans will disagree, but are you really trading your assets with the possibility he leaves across the river next year? you might, your owner won't). the longer they wait, the more variable pop up. if you can get him now, get him. my fellow knick fans are wrong here.
Exactly.

Some people aren't getting this key fact. What happens when Denver convinces him to accept the extension+trade to a different team?

tpols
08-17-2010, 06:06 PM
What a stupid question. Nobody should even dignify this with an answer. Think about it for a second Porky, why wouldn't a team want to trade young talent for a player on an expiring contract, if they aren't sure that said player wants to play for their team?You answered after that first comment. Way to follow your own advise. And,
He's going to play with them if he gets traded to them this year. You think he's bailing after one year? Dumbasses man.:facepalm

New York Knicks
The key assumption that everyone here is making is that Melo's #1 priority is to be a Knick. And there's been no indication of that, at least none more than what LBJ gave.

NuggetsFan
Ship Melo to Toronto or Minny. Get drafts picks + dump Harrington's\Birdman's contract. I wouldn't mind Gallo\Randolph but I don't really see it happening and I'd rather just blow it up and try to rebuild.

Whatever the situation is something needs to happen now. Previously I was down for waiting it out and hoping for the best but the extension needs to get signed or Denver needs to make it's move.

tpols
08-17-2010, 06:10 PM
What a stupid question. Nobody should even dignify this with an answer. Think about it for a second Porky, why wouldn't a team want to trade young talent for a player on an expiring contract, if they aren't sure that said player wants to play for their team?

:lol :applause:

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Ship Melo to Toronto or Minny. Get drafts picks + dump Harrington's\Birdman's contract. I wouldn't mind Gallo\Randolph but I don't really see it happening and I'd rather just blow it up and try to rebuild.

Whatever the situation is something needs to happen now. Previously I was down for waiting it out and hoping for the best but the extension needs to get signed or Denver needs to make it's move.
WTF they're not going to get rid of Harrington when they JUST signed him

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Only took Ariza to satisfy CP3.

flipogb
08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Only took Ariza to satisfy CP3.
Paul is not an expiring contract tho

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Paul is not an expiring contract tho
Exactly why Melo would have more leverage. He could be using it as a ploy to get help or he'll walk or force a trade.

baseketball4life
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
rotoworld is reporting that the knicks already offered Gallinari/Curry/1st round pick in the future for Melo

NuggetsFan
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
WTF they're not going to get rid of Harrington when they JUST signed him

He got a pretty lengthy contract for his age. Clearly was signed to compete NOW and probably to help with the convincing Melo to stay. If we didn't use the MLE what do you think that shows Melo?. If Melo leaves it changes Denver's whole gameplan for the future.

I'm sure the Nuggets don't want to be paying Harrington for the next 3 years when he's like 30 and Denver's barely making the playoffs IF they do\when they rebuild.

04mzwach
08-17-2010, 06:33 PM
New Yorkers and their love for Italian athletes. :rolleyes:

New York better grab Melo before Orlando gets him.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 06:42 PM
He got a pretty lengthy contract for his age. Clearly was signed to compete NOW and probably to help with the convincing Melo to stay. If we didn't use the MLE what do you think that shows Melo?. If Melo leaves it changes Denver's whole gameplan for the future.

I'm sure the Nuggets don't want to be paying Harrington for the next 3 years when he's like 30 and Denver's barely making the playoffs IF they do\when they rebuild.

harringtons deal is only guaranteed 3 years. no big deal. birds deal is teh only one worth dumping and his deal isnt even that bad.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 06:43 PM
harringtons deal is only guaranteed 3 years. no big deal. birds deal is teh only one worth dumping and his deal isnt even that bad.
I bet Denver got Harrington to help keep Melo. He's gonna tell Melo how bad the Knicks organization is. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

NuggetsFan
08-17-2010, 06:44 PM

Probably. Just don't really see the need to have Harrington on the roster for 3 years when next year if Denver wanted could completely blow it up. Everybody besides like Nene\Lawson\Afflalo could be gone if they wanted to do that and start new.

kurple
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
as said before. Bird has to go, but Al can stay just because he is an OK replacement and only has 3 years on his contract

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 07:06 PM
rotoworld is reporting that the knicks already offered Gallinari/Curry/1st round pick in the future for Melo
Denver doesn't even have a GM, how the hell can anything be offered? LOL

baseketball4life
08-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Denver doesn't even have a GM, how the hell can anything be offered? LOL
ask rotoworld.com not me :oldlol:

HannibalKid
08-17-2010, 07:22 PM
NY would be stupid not to jump on this, can't wait around after the LeBron debacle.

kurple
08-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Melo would have been a knick by now if all the Nuggets FO (or something like that) wanted was Gallo

jrong
08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
So with Melo and Amare, who exactly would play defense on the Knicks?

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Doesn't matter when you're putting up 130 every night

crisoner
08-17-2010, 07:31 PM

D-Tone teams beat you by putting more points. Defense......who needs that? lol

NuggetsFan
08-17-2010, 07:34 PM

Worked for Golden State?. No. Worked for PHX? Not really not even a finals appearance and they've had loaded rosters. Iverson and Melo combined for like 52 points a game and didn't win anything.

This team would lack defense\rebounding witch is a big key to winning in the playoffs.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Worked for Golden State?. No. Worked for PHX? Not really not even a finals appearance and they've had loaded rosters. Iverson and Melo combined for like 52 points a game and didn't win anything.

This team would lack defense\rebounding witch is a big key to winning in the playoffs.
LOL @ you for putting it as simply as that and not giving credit to their opponents.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 07:41 PM
LOL. We're not arguing over semantics. You keep saying which "reports" are valid like what you say goes. Pathetic. Suck my dick. Speculate on that.Wow. 7th grade all over again.

WE are arguing over semantics. You were the one saying "reports" = "speculation". I disgreed. We're still talking about it. That's called arguing.

You are welcome.

Snoop_Cat
08-17-2010, 07:43 PM
It was nice knowing you Gallo..... will miss you but not THAT much with Melo :D

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
Wow. 7th grade all over again.

WE are arguing over semantics. You were the one saying "reports" = "speculation". I disgreed. We're still talking about it. That's called arguing.

You are welcome.
You didn't even know what we were arguing about. That's how lost you are. I wasn't arguing whether something was a "report" or "speculation". My argument was you were selectively remembering "reports". You were pushing your own opinions around like they're fact. Not that it matters since all you wanna be is right. You don't even care about what's being argued. Run along now random internet troll.

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 07:46 PM

To be fair, Gallo, Toney Douglas, and Chandler are all good defenders. Turiaf brings toughness and rebounding, and Randolph brings hustle. Most people are vastly underrating how good the Knicks would/will be. There were several games last year where the Knicks played great defense and I think it will improve this year

And let's not forget 07 where the Suns in all likelihood would have gotten past the Spurs if it weren't for those ridiculous suspensions. I still feel you can win with offense in the playoffs, it's just a matter of playing good D when necessary.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 07:48 PM
You can't just make up shit like that. At one point there were just as many reports of him going every which way whether it was to stay in Cleveland or go elsewhere. It wasn't until it really got close to the "Decision" date that all the reports started saying Miami. But who are you to say which reports (at the time) were valid and which weren't? Damn, you're dense.I'm not making anything up, man. You found one ****ing link from July 18th. That's almost a month out from when he actually announced his decision. Stephen A. Smith threw out the Miami report (which was speculation at the time) 10 days later. Then Bucher started claiming Chicago. Other than that all the reports I saw had Miami as THE destination about a week before the decision. It's just that no one wanted to believe it or thought they could. But it was true. It wasn't speculation.

Rumors came and went almost by the minute, yes. However, Miami settled in pretty thick about a week before the decision was announced. And guess what? New York was never seriously thought to be a landing spot. People read too much into the meeting with the Knicks running over the alloted time, but that was about it. In fact, most "reports" or "speculation" or whatever you want to call it that I read did not include the New York Knicks. For 2 years, everyone thought it was going to New York (myself included) because of the Nike contract. Other than that, not much. That's not me making anything up, man. Sorry.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
You didn't even know what we were arguing about. That's how lost you are. I wasn't arguing whether something was a "report" or "speculation". My argument was you were selectively remembering "reports". You were pushing your own opinions around like they're fact. Not that it matters since all you wanna be is right. You don't even care about what's being argued. Run along now random internet troll.Troll?

Who the **** are you? I don't even know who are, kid.

I haven't selectively forgotten ANYTHING. You found A report about the Knicks. Which was a bit far out from the actual decision making period (before the ****ing draft even).

I said "most reports had him going to Miami". That's ****ing true. Get over it. You can scour the internet and find the probably 3 reports that LeBron is going to the Knicks (not "what if LeBron goes to NY" or "if LeBron goes to NY), but the fact remains that he was never really reported at any point to go to the Knicks. They never seemed to be a serious contender, along with NJ and LAC.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm not making anything up, man. You found one ****ing link from July 18th. That's almost a month out from when he actually announced his decision. Stephen A. Smith threw out the Miami report (which was speculation at the time) 10 days later. Then Bucher started claiming Chicago. Other than that all the reports I saw had Miami as THE destination about a week before the decision. It's just that no one wanted to believe it or thought they could. But it was true. It wasn't speculation.

Rumors came and went almost by the minute, yes. However, Miami settled in pretty thick about a week before the decision was announced. And guess what? New York was never seriously thought to be a landing spot. People read too much into the meeting with the Knicks running over the alloted time, but that was about it. In fact, most "reports" or "speculation" or whatever you want to call it that I read did not include the New York Knicks. For 2 years, everyone thought it was going to New York (myself included) because of the Nike contract. Other than that, not much. That's not me making anything up, man. Sorry.
LOL. You want me to waste my time looking up other links when everyone here saw them. Everyone else has agreed with me, but you've chosen to ignore those too. The Miami thing didn't settle till it was very close to the actual day of his decision. But the point is that there WERE reports that had LeBron going to NY. It doesn't matter when it was. It matters that they happened and it changed just like that. Just like the report could have Melo wanting to go somewhere else a week from now. What part of this is so hard for you to understand? Who are you to decide when a report is legitimate? Seriously, what a bonehead.

redhonda76
08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
This is still a rumor. The more the media and us talk about Melo, the higher his stocks are. After all the attention LeBron was getting on his "decision", Melo's people probably wanted Melo to have the same attention. Melo's is in the driver's seat and teams spent 2-3 seasons clearing cap space trying to get LeBron and ended up with almost nothing , will do anything to get Melo.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 07:58 PM
LOL. You want me to waste my time looking up other links when everyone here saw them. Everyone else has agreed with me, but you've chosen to ignore those too.Like who? I never saw anything in this thread say that you were right about there being reports of LeBron actually going to New York.

The Miami thing didn't settle till it was very close to the actual day of his decision.Several days is not very close to me. Not in the internet age when news breaks and spreads in seconds.

But the point is that there WERE reports that had LeBron going to NY. It doesn't matter when it was. It matters that they happened and it changed just like that. Just like the report could have Melo wanting to go somewhere else a week from now. What part of this is so hard for you to understand? Who are you to decide when a report is legitimate? Seriously, what a bonehead.I never said there wasn't speculation. See, I'm separating the two. When something is passed off as fact, I do not consider is speculation. It was never passed off as fact that he was going to the Knicks, except for maybe that old Stephen A. Smith report.

It's been obvious since the start of THIS free agency period that Carmelo Anthony wants to play for the New York Knicks and that has NOT died down. It will NOT change. Do I know that for sure? Of course not. But I'll be right. I know I will be.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Troll?

Who the **** are you? I don't even know who are, kid.

I haven't selectively forgotten ANYTHING. You found A report about the Knicks. Which was a bit far out from the actual decision making period (before the ****ing draft even).

I said "most reports had him going to Miami". That's ****ing true. Get over it. You can scour the internet and find the probably 3 reports that LeBron is going to the Knicks (not "what if LeBron goes to NY" or "if LeBron goes to NY), but the fact remains that he was never really reported at any point to go to the Knicks. They never seemed to be a serious contender, along with NJ and LAC.
You still don't understand. The point is not all reports aren't true. Who are you to decide which ones are and which ones aren't? Jesus, you're idiotic. Some reports had the Knicks among the top contenders for LeBron. And then within a few days they weren't. Rumors come and go. But who the **** are you to decide which ones are true?

NuggetsFan
08-17-2010, 08:00 PM
To be fair, Gallo, Toney Douglas, and Chandler are all good defenders. Turiaf brings toughness and rebounding, and Randolph brings hustle. Most people are vastly underrating how good the Knicks would/will be. There were several games last year where the Knicks played great defense and I think it will improve this year

And let's not forget 07 where the Suns in all likelihood would have gotten past the Spurs if it weren't for those ridiculous suspensions. I still feel you can win with offense in the playoffs, it's just a matter of playing good D when necessary.

Fair enough. I suppose if it happens we'll just have to wait and see. I still don't think you want to build around two guys who both have the same strength and don't really have a whole lot to there games. Melo can add abit more IMO. I don't think he can ever be a above average play maker but I think he improve and same with his rebounding. Amare basically has scoring to his game and can pull down some boards. Just wouldn't be the way I'd want to construct a team.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Like who? I never saw anything in this thread say that you were right about there being reports of LeBron actually going to New York.

Several days is not very close to me. Not in the internet age when news breaks and spreads in seconds.

I never said there wasn't speculation. See, I'm separating the two. When something is passed off as fact, I do not consider is speculation. It was never passed off as fact that he was going to the Knicks, except for maybe that old Stephen A. Smith report.

It's been obvious since the start of THIS free agency period that Carmelo Anthony wants to play for the New York Knicks and that has NOT died down. It will NOT change. Do I know that for sure? Of course not. But I'll be right. I know I will be.
It is not passed off as fact that Melo will go to NY. Until Melo himself says "I want to be a Knick" it is not fact. Learn the difference.

Edit: As for who agreed to me, I'm not your ****ing servant. You wanna find something? Google it. You wanna find who agreed with me? Read the ****ing thread. Someone in here even said it was obvious you were being purposely annoying.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
You still don't understand. The point is not all reports aren't true. Who are you to decide which ones are and which ones aren't?Usually when everyone starts saying the same thing, it's probably true. That's when I decide.

Jesus, you're idiotic. Some reports had the Knicks among the top contenders for LeBron. And then within a few days they weren't. Rumors come and go. But who the **** are you to decide which ones are true?Again, when every major and trusted media outlets sings the same tune, I decide to believe them.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Usually when everyone starts saying the same thing, it's probably true. That's when I decide.

Again, when every major and trusted media outlets sings the same tune, I decide to believe them.
Yeah, YOU decide right? Of course, Melo can't change his mind next week and say he wants to go to Orlando right? He's definitely NY-bound because the all-powerful fatboy11 says so.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Edit: As for who agreed to me, I'm not your ****ing servant. You wanna find something? Google it. You wanna find who agreed with me? Read the ****ing thread. Someone in here even said it was obvious you were being purposely annoying.I did.

The best you got is one guy who said that "everyone was saying he was going to be a Knick the day before the decision" (which you admit you disagree with) because the press conference was in Greenwich. And again, no one thought that. Fans maybe. More speculation and no solid media reporting that he was going to NY.

So no really agreed with you. One guy thought I was being an ass. But he never said you were right. :confusedshrug:

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:08 PM
I did.

The best you got is one guy who said that "everyone was saying he was going to be a Knick the day before the decision" (which you admit you disagree with) because the press conference was in Greenwich. And again, no one thought that. Fans maybe. More speculation and no solid media reporting that he was going to NY.

So no really agreed with you. One guy thought I was being an ass. But he never said you were right. :confusedshrug:
I'm not gonna enable your laziness. Read the entire thread. I've been the one looking for everything. Not that it matters because you've twisted the entire argument when I was just using the LeBron debacle as an example. You twisted everything and focused it every which direction so you wouldn't have to move from your position. Pathetic.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, YOU decide right? Of course, Melo can't change his mind next week and say he wants to go to Orlando right? He's definitely NY-bound because the all-powerful fatboy11 says so.He can, but he won't. So why even bring it up? Because there's probably a 3% chance it happens? Come on now.

And he's not NY bound because I so. He's NY bound because his actions say so, his people are obviously saying so, and his wife wants it. That's enough for me.

How about this? If he does not go to New York, I will never post here again. Ever.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm not gonna enable your laziness. Read the entire thread. I've been the one looking for everything. Not that it matters because you've twisted the entire argument when I was just using the LeBron debacle as an example. You twisted everything and focused it every which direction so you wouldn't have to move from your position. Pathetic.Can you read?

I said I read the entire thread. I looked for people who agreed with you. There were none.

Jesus. You're hard to please. Well....except for your admitted need for a male *******.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:12 PM
He can, but he won't. So why even bring it up? Because there's probably a 3% chance it happens? Come on now.

And he's not NY bound because I so. He's NY bound because his actions say so, his people are obviously saying so, and his wife wants it. That's enough for me.

How about this? If he does not go to New York, I will never post here again. Ever.
You're just as bad as the people saying LeBron was NY-bound because he liked the Yankees and wanted to be a billionaire, blah blah blah. You have to know the difference between opinion and fact. You BELIEVE he's NY-bound and that's fine. You can have your opinion. But it's not fact. The last line I like. But there should be a cutoff point or that bet makes no sense.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Can you read?

I said I read the entire thread. I looked for people who agreed with you. There were none.

Jesus. You're hard to please. Well....except for your admitted need for a male *******.

Actually, both Bucher and Broussard said they heard New York strong multiple times, like 5 days before the Decision. It was after that when they changed their minds to Miami strong, even though Broussard was still tooting the Cleveland horn.

Took 10 seconds. I can't believe I let you bait me into this never-ending POINTLESS argument.

New York Knicks
08-17-2010, 08:14 PM
****ing pathetic. Just give it up. All you had to do was admit it was your opinion, which is fine.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 08:30 PM

which isnt happening.

ihatetimthomas
08-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I really do not understand some of you KNicks fans who wouldnt want to deal for Melo.

I would trade anyone outside of Amare for Melo. Of course this is no guarantee of anything when you have talent, but it does give you much better opportunities to win. Melo and Amare alone wont win titles, but you sure as hell would contend much better than you would now. For a team that has been in shambles this long, I am really perplexed by the guys who would be against getting him for Gallanari.

Melo is a top notch scorer in this league, and getting a legit star like him does not come by often. Things can change in a year, who knows where he will go. I would be very pissed if I were a fan of the Knicks and the GM passed on getting him.

There are questions about defense and what not but this team was not going to be a great defensive team either way. Only way you are winning anything with Dantoni at the helm is to score, and Melo can do it with the best of them.

With that all said, I think its very very unlikely he is dealt this offseason. If anything, he will be shopped at the deadline depending on how the Nuggets are doing. But right now, Nuggets still appear to be intent on winning, so it really wouldnt make sense for him to be traded

Sarcastic
08-17-2010, 08:34 PM
I really do not understand some of you KNicks fans who wouldnt want to deal for Melo.

I would trade anyone outside of Amare for Melo. Of course this is no guarantee of anything when you have talent, but it does give you much better opportunities to win. Melo and Amare alone wont win titles, but you sure as hell would contend much better than you would now. For a team that has been in shambles this long, I am really perplexed by the guys who would be against getting him for Gallanari.

Melo is a top notch scorer in this league, and getting a legit star like him does not come by often. Things can change in a year, who knows where he will go. I would be very pissed if I were a fan of the Knicks and the GM passed on getting him.

There are questions about defense and what not but this team was not going to be a great defensive team either way. Only way you are winning anything with Dantoni at the helm is to score, and Melo can do it with the best of them.

With that all said, I think its very very unlikely he is dealt this offseason. If anything, he will be shopped at the deadline depending on how the Nuggets are doing. But right now, Nuggets still appear to be intent on winning, so it really wouldnt make sense for him to be traded

I think most of us don't want to give up Gallo because we know he would make a great 3rd piece to a championship team. We would have Amare for inside scoring, Gallo as our 3 point specialist, and Melo who would lead us overall. It would be a very hard threesome to defend against, and in D'Antoni's offense they would be amazing to watch.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 08:39 PM

How many times do we need to say this? If Knicks know Melo is definitely coming in 2011, then why give up anything? Just play the waiting game. We could have Amare, Melo, Gallo, Randolph and Felton if we simply wait. This is if Knicks org. has good inside info. that Melo to NY is practically a done deal.

Other teams won't trade for him if its just a one year rental. Knicks can lowball Denver with any offer of Curry and Chandler and a pick. "Take it or leave it".

A panic move in giving up Randolph or Gallinari doesn't make sense. Knick fans like Gallinari and don't want to give him up. I don't. I'd rather have players I like than a stacked deck.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 08:43 PM
I think most of us don't want to give up Gallo because we know he would make a great 3rd piece to a championship team. We would have Amare for inside scoring, Gallo as our 3 point specialist, and Melo who would lead us overall. It would be a very hard threesome to defend against, and in D'Antoni's offense they would be amazing to watch.

whats the biggest LOL smilie on this board?

ihatetimthomas
08-17-2010, 08:43 PM

This may be true, but I say you first worry about your #1 and #2 option, and then you worry about the 3rd option. If you have the opportunity to get a #1 option in Melo, then I think its an easy trade to get rid of your 3rd option. Many teams struggle to find legit #1 options, and honestly only a few teams have them.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
How many times do we need to say this? If Knicks know Melo is definitely coming in 2011, then why give up anything? Just play the waiting game. We could have Amare, Melo, Gallo, Randolph and Felton if we simply wait. This is if Knicks org. has good inside info. that Melo to NY is practically a done deal.

the knicks dont know ANYTHING 100% certain. what a joke to imply otherwise

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM

Other teams won't trade for him if its just a one year rental. Knicks can lowball Denver with any offer of Curry and Chandler and a pick. "Take it or leave it".

A panic move in giving up Randolph or Gallinari doesn't make sense. Knick fans like Gallinari and don't want to give him up. I don't. I'd rather have players I like than a stacked deck.
The curveball is what if Denver decides to deal him this season to another team and he ends up really liking it and signs with said team long term?

niko
08-17-2010, 08:47 PM
The curveball is what if Denver decides to deal him this season to another team and he ends up really liking it and signs with said team long term?

People don't seem to get that. As Knick fans, almost nothing our team has ever tried has worked. So, people want to wait, to see if we can sign him, under a new CBA? seems like a plan to me IF we have no other choice. if we can trade for him, its nuts not to.

fatboy11
08-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Took 10 seconds. I can't believe I let you bait me into this never-ending POINTLESS argument.I'm sorry. I missed the one person that had your back. A far cry from "everyone".

Sarcastic
08-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Which is why if they just ask for Gallo, then you make the deal. If they start asking for Gallo + lots of pieces, you wait.

Fatstogie
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM
what other teams have the cap space to sign him?
A team that trades Vince Carter for him. lol

chazzy
08-17-2010, 08:49 PM

Pretty much. You can't reject a Melo for Gallo offer now because you're "pretty sure" he'll sign there a year later, a lot can happen in that time.

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Which is why if they just ask for Gallo, then you make the deal. If they start asking for Gallo + lots of pieces, you wait.
I can assure you Denver is not going to trade their franchise player for just one player

bagelred
08-17-2010, 08:51 PM

True I guess. That's why Walsh and co. really need to assess the situation for what it is........every indication is that NY is the place he wants to be. So you have to use that to your advantage.

It's a risk, but if it falls through....worst case you keep Gallo and Randolph and you still have major cap space in 2011 for TP and/or someone else.

Also, if Denver keeps him, they can just let Melo, Billups, Smith, Martin, and possibly Nene all go and rebuild from scratch with mega cap space. Doesn't Denver want at least one more chance with this nucleus? :confusedshrug:

ihatetimthomas
08-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Just like you said about Lebron in every thread leading up to his decision.

Point is no deal is a done deal until its signed on the dotted line. If you have a chance to acquire a guy like Melo and all you have to give up is Gallinari, then I do not see how you would be in favor of it.

Yea I read through this thread and I have read your ridiculous posts on how you dont want Melo bc you just dont like him and bc he punched Mardy Collins. lol. Give me a stacked team with talent any day.

You guys have played the patience game, and it is working bc the bad deals are coming off the books. Now is the time to go out and get players. And if a deal is on the table for Melo, then it would be insane not to get him. 2011 off season is far away, lots of things cn change, and I hardly believe Melo is a shoe in to be in New York. I understand your logic in wanting to wait for him next season, but you just dont know if it will happen

Sarcastic
08-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I can assure you Denver is not going to trade their franchise player for just one player

We can throw in some future picks. There aren't too many teams that can offer someone with as much potential as Gallinari. He is 21 years old (former #6 pick in the draft), scored 15 ppg last year, was second in total 3 pointers made, and is only getting better. That is the best young player they are gonna be offered from any team.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 08:58 PM
We can throw in some future picks. There aren't too many teams that can offer someone with as much potential as Gallinari. He is 21 years old (former #6 pick in the draft), scored 15 ppg last year, was second in total 3 pointers made, and is only getting better. That is the best young player they are gonna be offered from any team.

do the knicks have any first round picks left?

Sarcastic
08-17-2010, 09:03 PM
do the knicks have any first round picks left?

Oh I forgot. We gave up everything from now until infinity.

LA_Showtime
08-17-2010, 09:13 PM
They make it sound like this is a hard decision for the Knicks. :oldlol:

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Oh I forgot. We gave up everything from now until infinity.

seriously....what picks do they have?

brantonli
08-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Come on, please don't trade for Melo....the Rockets need the Knicks to suck for the next 2 seasons so we can exchange draft picks.

NugzFan
08-17-2010, 09:25 PM
Come on, please don't trade for Melo....the Rockets need the Knicks to suck for the next 2 seasons so we can exchange draft picks.

definitely a top concern for denver

Rowe
08-17-2010, 09:56 PM
They make it sound like this is a hard decision for the Knicks. :oldlol:

It is.

Because we have no reason to trade for him, when we have a 50% chance of signing him this summer.

If we dont get Melo, thats tough luck. We can try for CP3 or Deron in 2012.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-17-2010, 10:08 PM
It is.

Because we have no reason to trade for him, when we have a 50% chance of signing him this summer.

If we dont get Melo, thats tough luck. We can try for CP3 or Deron in 2012.

Before you keep getting flammed Rowe, i understand where he is coming from. You have to wait a year and you can get Melo.

However, your forgetting there is something called a salary cap and potential lockout. Nothing is for sure ask Cavs fans that.

If you have a chance to get Carmelo Anthony and it doesn't involve another top 10 current player you bounce on the opportunity and give anything you can get outside Felton and Amare.

They want Gallo give it to them, they play the same position, but Melo is ten times the player, i'll take my chances on Gallo never being a 28 point scorer for a season. Then work the free agent polls in the off season to build around Melo and Amare.

Melo is a bad man in the playoffs, and will give Celtics and Heat fans heart attacks when he goes off for 45 points. we all know that and is the only one in the league head to head that can matchup LeBron point for point while guarding him.

Nuggets fans don't be in denial just get as much as you can for Melo, don't make it be a case where you let him walk after next season and have nothing to build on.

Rowe
08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Before you keep getting flammed Rowe, i understand where he is coming from. You have to wait a year and you can get Melo.

However, your forgetting there is something called a salary cap and potential lockout. Nothing is for sure ask Cavs fans that.

If you have a chance to get Carmelo Anthony and it doesn't involve another top 10 current player you bounce on the opportunity and give anything you can get outside Felton and Amare.

They want Gallo give it to them, they play the same position, but Melo is ten times the player, i'll take my chances on Gallo never being a 28 point scorer for a season. Then work the free agent polls in the off season to build around Melo and Amare.

Melo is a bad man in the playoffs, and will give Celtics and Heat fans heart attacks when he goes off for 45 points. we all know that and is the only one in the league head to head that can matchup LeBron point for point while guarding him.

Nuggets fans don't be in denial just get as much as you can for Melo, don't make it be a case where you let him walk after next season and have nothing to build on.

I didnt even know I was getting flamed for it.

I like Melo as a player, but he is simply a scorer. He has arguably the best offensive skill set in the NBA, however his only flaw is that he doesn't get others involved at the same rate as LeBron & Kobe. Thus his impact revolves around his scoring, he has to go for big games for his team to win. He doesn't make everyone around him better, he simply takes pressure off of them. Melo finishes the possession, he doesn't start it. I just dont see how trading away 2-4 guys + picks for Melo, makes the Knicks a better team. Our 2 best players would be scoring forwards who finish posessions. Melo & Amare. Who is going to get them the ball? Felton is supposedly a stop gap for Paul. We'll have to wait 2 seasons to try to add CP3 to the mix to make the offense revolve around him so they can become even better.

I'd rather have my cake & eat it too. I'd rather have a core of CP3/Melo/Amare than to have any of the 2.

2 of those 3 would've been good enough a few years ago, but this is the era of super teams and we would have to have a team that can go at Miami.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
we all know that and is the only one in the league head to head that can matchup LeBron point for point while guarding him. http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/paul-pierce-lebron-james--747b6e1d0770ae3f.jpg

Twice.

imdaman99
08-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I dont do it because

1) I love Gallo and KNOW he is a rising star. I love his attitude and he is improving every year, much like Dirk was.

2) I like Melo too but he can be had in the offseason.

3) If Gallo can keep improving his D, I wouldn't mind letting play some SG/PF with Melo out there. Just sayin...

4) Did I mention I love Gallo's attitude? Dude has fire, how often do you see that from a Euro?

5) We may be overrating Gallo, but give the guy a chance. I want to see him grow up here, in the center of the universe, with all eyes on him.

bagelred
08-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I dont do it because

1) I love Gallo and KNOW he is a rising star. I love his attitude and he is improving every year, much like Dirk was.

2) I like Melo too but he can be had in the offseason.

3) If Gallo can keep improving his D, I wouldn't mind letting play some SG/PF with Melo out there. Just sayin...

4) Did I mention I love Gallo's attitude? Dude has fire, how often do you see that from a Euro?

5) We may be overrating Gallo, but give the guy a chance. I want to see him grow up here, in the center of the universe, with all eyes on him.

This is how alot of Knicks fans feel.

Also, what can Orlando even offer the Nuggets? They don't have cheap young talents and their #1 picks aren't exactly that valuable.

If I'm Denver, why not try to win with this group one more time? Then blow the whole thing up since most of their main guys are expirers. Start from scratch with cap space.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I'd say this post sums up everything wromg with how some Knick fans few things.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 10:43 PM
This is how alot of Knicks fans feel.

Also, what can Orlando even offer the Nuggets? They don't have cheap young talents and their #1 picks aren't exactly that valuable.

If I'm Denver, why not try to win with this group one more time? Then blow the whole thing up since most of their main guys are expirers. Start from scratch with cap space.
Denver can offer Nelson, Carter, and/or Lewis. I'd rather have Gallinari than soft Carter or overpaid Lewis, but Nelson is a good player, and a much better option (along with some #1s) than losing Anthony to free agency.

imdaman99
08-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Denver can offer Nelson, Carter, and/or Lewis. I'd rather have Gallinari than soft Carter or overpaid Lewis, but Nelson is a good player, and a much better option (along with some #1s) than losing Anthony to free agency.
You're crazy if you think Denver wants 2 overpaid has-beens and 1 never was PG that has underachieved/got hurt every year on their team. I am sure they would rather Melo walk than take on those guys contracts.

Rowe
08-17-2010, 10:50 PM
You're crazy if you think Denver wants 2 overpaid has-beens and 1 never was PG that has underachieved/got hurt every year on their team. I am sure they would rather Melo walk than take on those guys contracts.

Exactly.

They would have to flip Nelson to a 3rd team.

RMWG, why would Denver want another PG? They have Chauncey/Lawson.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
If the team declines his option Carter's deal becomes an expirer which can be used for Denver to make the money match while they go for other assets, like draft picks or having a third team involved that has talented players but needs cap relief. And "underachieving" Nelson made the All-Star team just 2 seasons ago. Denver doesn't need a pg but if/when Melo goes they could use him as an asset for rebuilding. Lewis is the least desirable but it wasn't too long ago that he was a key to them making the Finals.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Exactly.

They would have to flip Nelson to a 3rd team.

RMWG, why would Denver want another PG? They have Chauncey/Lawson.
Because if they lose Anthony they're rebuilding in which case they need assets, not necessarily players that fit in well.

Rowe
08-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Because if they lose Anthony they're rebuilding in which case they need assets, not necessarily players that fit in well.

That makes 0 sense. Espescially considering Nelson already is an established player, unlike a prospect. What value does Nelson hold when hes not put in a position to show his value?

Having 3 PG's is overkill. Lawson & Billups are enough considering Lawson is good enough to start on several NBA teams.

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 11:02 PM
That makes 0 sense. Espescially considering Nelson already is an established player, unlike a prospect. What value does Nelson hold when hes not put in a position to show his value?

Having 3 PG's is overkill. Lawson & Billups are enough considering Lawson is good enough to start on several NBA teams.
This. Unless you then start Billups at the two which would then limit Afflalo and JR

zORi
08-17-2010, 11:03 PM
The question is, is this really worth the risk for NY?

Say they don't offer up Gallo and decide to wait, and Melo does great this year and the Nuggets are back in the WCF? Maybe the FInals, even? What's to stop him from signing that extension?

Also, if this list is true, then I highly doubt Orlando and NY are the only teams on it. And I'm sure one of the other teams would offer up something appealing.

I still think he's gonna stay, regardless, though.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 11:07 PM

You don't get what value there is in a 28 year-old one-time All-Star PG? And do you think no GM saw him average 19 points in the playoffs? Really?

The team would not be getting him to play him, they are getting him as an asset. A good prime pg that would be just one part of a larger package would be much better returns for Anthony than losing him as a free agent for nothing. Are you understanding me now?

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 11:18 PM
You don't get what value there is in a 28 year-old one-time All-Star PG? And do you think no GM saw him average 19 points in the playoffs? Really?

The team would not be getting him to play him, they are getting him as an asset. A good prime pg that would be just one part of a larger package would be much better returns for Anthony than losing him as a free agent for nothing. Are you understanding me now?
I get that he's an asset but where is he going to get playing time? They're not going to impede the development of Lawson and Billups is the hometown guy.

Rowe
08-17-2010, 11:19 PM

Sorry this isn't NBA2K10.

You're talking about scenarios, without pointing out scenarios that you're predicting will happen. What larger package would Jameer Nelson potentially be in this summer?

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 11:32 PM
I get that he's an asset but where is he going to get playing time? They're not going to impede the development of Lawson and Billups is the hometown guy.
It's not about playing at all. It's not about wins, losses, development, etc. It's this simple: Without Anthony, everything they've built their team for since he was drafted goes for naught. They would have to rebuild, and so are just stockpiling as much talent as possible. There is no rule against trading Nelson, Billups, or Lawson later on down the road. Wait for some team with someone(s) or pick(s) they want to get desperate and then offer them a pg or two.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Sorry this isn't NBA2K10.

You're talking about scenarios, without pointing out scenarios that you're predicting will happen. What larger package would Jameer Nelson potentially be in this summer?
Am I a GM? Don't ask pointless questions, please.

OneMoreSucka
08-17-2010, 11:36 PM
It's not about playing at all. It's not about wins, losses, development, etc. It's this simple: Without Anthony, everything they've built their team for since he was drafted goes for naught. They would have to rebuild, and so are just stockpiling as much talent as possible. There is no rule against trading Nelson, Billups, or Lawson later on down the road. Wait for some team with someone(s) or pick(s) they want to get desperate and then offer them a pg or two.
Unless they have a trade in place as soon as they get Nelson, I just don't see why they do it.

ihatetimthomas
08-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Am I a GM? Don't ask pointless questions, please.

Well it would be pretty pointless to acquire Nelson with no game plan. Just hold onto him until someone bites? You have no leverage that way. Teams would know they are looking to deal him, so they are not going to offer a lot. If that is all the Magic can offer, then its a pretty lousy deal.

Real Men Wear Green
08-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Well it would be pretty pointless to acquire Nelson with no game plan. Just hold onto him until someone bites? You have no leverage that way. Teams would know they are looking to deal him, so they are not going to offer a lot. If that is all the Magic can offer, then its a pretty lousy deal.
It beats losing Anthony for nothing. Most playoff teams would hand you at least a late first for Nelson.

ihatetimthomas
08-17-2010, 11:57 PM
It beats losing Anthony for nothing. Most playoff teams would hand you at least a late first for Nelson.

I would rather play him out the season, and hope for a s&t possibility in the off season instead of that deal.

Scoooter
08-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I hope the Knicks don't hit the panic button just yet. Gallo's going to be good. Having him and Melo on the same team would be sick.