PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Dwyer's Top 10 SGs in the NBA (OJ Mayo is in every pic)

1987_Lakers
08-20-2010, 05:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Ranking-the-shooting-guards-10-through-1;_ylt=AkJTG5HaIPTCmBHMxHMZi9e8vLYF?urn=nba-263900

First Lawson, now Mayo?:lol

Papaya Petee
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Bashing Wade over Kobe comments in 3,2,1...

Batz
08-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Analyst got a thing for young black players with fuzzy beards, team colours are white/blue/yellow and wear white socks on the road games? :confusedshrug:

rawimpact
08-20-2010, 05:43 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4748824&postcount=12

Which game did wade score 50 in 3 quarters? We are all wanting to know. ****ing ****** makes up bullshit...

no pun intended
08-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Which game did wade score 50 in 3 quarters? We are all wanting to know. ****ing ****** makes up bullshit...
LOL I was thinking the same question.

FormerSunsFan
08-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Dwyer never liked Kobe and never will, so this is no surprise. Oh well.

Yung D-Will
08-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Why?

This article already has no crediblity.

It put Ben Gordon, J.J Redick and J.R SMITH

Above O.J mayo

DuMa
08-20-2010, 06:15 PM
nice list and the fact that OJ mayo is in every pic is gold!

Yung D-Will
08-20-2010, 06:16 PM
J.R smith

is a better player then O.J Mayo apparently

No one should ever call this a nice list

OneMoreSucka
08-20-2010, 06:19 PM
kelly dwyer is trolling all of us

Yung D-Will
08-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Since you guys do not seem to understand what is going on here I will show you this again

http://i38.tinypic.com/2rnxx5g.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2n1w5j.jpg

Yung D-Will
08-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes I repeat

18. J.R Smith

19. O.J Mayo

Batz
08-20-2010, 06:25 PM
What's with Kevin Mart so high?

OneMoreSucka
08-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes I repeat

18. J.R Smith

19. O.J Mayo
Two words. Contract year. JR is going to have a career year

DuMa
08-20-2010, 06:26 PM
dont take it so seriously. even the pic of oj mayo has OJ guarding himself. its some kind of light hearted stab to OJ.

Al Thornton
08-20-2010, 07:08 PM
:facepalm tyreke isn't a shooting guard. this whole list is shit.

Kingsfans818
08-20-2010, 07:14 PM
they also have JJ Reddick ahead of Rip Hamilton and Vince Carter lol

barbaroi
08-20-2010, 07:30 PM
:lol Joke of a list

Bring-Your-Js
08-20-2010, 08:11 PM
It's Kelly Dwyer.

jrong
08-20-2010, 11:02 PM

He scored 50 in the first three quarters against the Knicks in April 2009. The game was virtually over by the start of the 4th quarter, so he ended up with 55 for the game.

plowking
08-20-2010, 11:10 PM

In the New York game he scored 50 through 3 quarters, and ended up with another 5 in the 4th. That is 50 points in 3 quarters.

Papaya Petee
08-20-2010, 11:30 PM
In the New York game he scored 50 through 3 quarters, and ended up with another 5 in the 4th. That is 50 points in 3 quarters.

I have never seen more retarded people to be honest. I showed the video about 7 times, and there still asking the same question. 50 points in 32 minutes, not even 3 quarters.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-21-2010, 02:30 AM
Yes I repeat

18. J.R Smith

19. O.J Mayo

It is more sickening to have OJ at 19 spot. Didn't he do 19/4/3 and 18/4/3 his first two years as the 4th option. What the hell are the other 18 supposively averaging.

OJ is a top 10 SG in this league.

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 02:46 AM
lol @ Wade over Kobe. :oldlol:

plowking
08-21-2010, 02:50 AM

How is that laughable?

He was better statistically once again last year.

PurpleChuck
08-21-2010, 02:51 AM

lol @ you lol-ing over Wade>Kobe. :oldlol:

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 02:52 AM
How is that laughable?

He was better statistically once again last year.
Yeah, because Kobe was injured all year and doesn't play on a scrub team. But when Kobe got healthy in the PS? 29/6/6/2 on 57% TS. Better than Wade's regular season stats. :oldlol:

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 02:53 AM
lol @ you lol-ing over Wade>Kobe. :oldlol:
How is that funny? Wade isn't as great. Period.

plowking
08-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Yeah, because Kobe was injured all year and doesn't play on a scrub team. But when Kobe got healthy in the PS? 29/6/6/2 on 57% TS. Better than Wade's regular season stats. :oldlol:

Yeah and when Wade started caring he put up 33/6/7 on 56% shooting and 41% from 3pt in the post season... Better than Kobe's post season stats.
Since you care about the bullshit TS%, that's 65% in TS...

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Yeah and when Wade started caring he put up 33/6/7 on 56% shooting and 41% from 3pt in the post season... Better than Kobe's post season stats.
Since you care about the bullshit TS%, that's 65% in TS...
lol @ when Wade "started" caring. lol @ that subjective bullshit. lol @ comparing a 5 game sample size to 23. Fact is his regular season numbers are inferior to Kobe's post-season numbers. That's sad considering Kobe is on a contender and Wade plays on a shit team.

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:04 AM
lol @ when Wade "started" caring. lol @ that subjective bullshit. lol @ comparing a 5 game sample size to 23. Fact is his regular season numbers are inferior to Kobe's post-season numbers. That's sad considering Kobe is on a contender and Wade plays on a shit team.

Yeah and Kobe's playoff and regular season numbers are far worse than Wade's playoff numbers. That's really sad considering you think he's better than Wade.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:07 AM
5 games against the best defense in the East > 70 games against no-defense playing opponents

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:08 AM
lol @ comparing dozens of games to a 5 game sample. Man Wade stans are the most utterly ridiculous people on Earth.

Quizno
08-21-2010, 03:09 AM
i dearly hope this list is counting stephen jackson as a small forward.

LJJ
08-21-2010, 03:10 AM
i dearly hope this list is counting stephen jackson as a small forward.

Did you miss him? He's no. 8 on the list.

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:11 AM
lol @ comparing dozens of games to a 5 game sample. Man Wade stans are the most utterly ridiculous people on Earth.

It's cool.

Let's compare Kobe's games against Boston to Wade's.

Wade with more defensive pressure was able to shoot better, score more, pass more, etc.

I guess that doesn't matter either though, right?

Quizno
08-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Did you miss him? He's no. 8 on the list.
wow, yeah, i totally missed him. that was weird. thanks for the heads up :oldlol:

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:13 AM
Actually, Kobe drew more defensive attention. Of course, one would have to watch the games to see that. And it case you didn't know, players are judged by how they do vs the entire league.

barbaroi
08-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Yeah and Kobe's playoff and regular season numbers are far worse than Wade's playoff numbers. That's really sad considering you think he's better than Wade.
33.2/5.6/6.8 with 5.2 TO per game for 5 games
(VS)
29.2/6.0/5.5 with 3.4 TO per game for 23 games

I'll take the latter thank you.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:14 AM
33/6/7 with 5.2 TO per game for 5 games
(VS)
29/6/6 with 3.4 TO per game for 23 games

I'll take the latter thank you.
Compare just vs. the Celtics. Kobe stat-padded vs. no-defense WC teams.

catch24
08-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Dude must of been drunk making this list. Tyreke Evans a SG?

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:16 AM
Dude must of been drunk making this list. Tyreke Evans a SG?
I think he made it for the upcoming season. Cause Reke was moved to SG later in the season.

catch24
08-21-2010, 03:18 AM
I think he made it for the upcoming season. Cause Reke was moved to SG later in the season.

Meh, still awful. Kevin Martin, Stephen Jackson > OJ Mayo?

Quizno
08-21-2010, 03:19 AM
man, come on. it's obvious you have an agenda against kobe, but saying this just makes you lose all credibility. the west coast teams played the lakers extremely tough, the jazz got swept but they weren't easy. the suns and thunder both had good chances to beat the lakers. there was no stat padding, the lakers needed those points from kobe. that was a stupid thing to say.

and i'm not saying that kobe is better than wade. i personally think he is a notch above him, but i'm not going to make the argument because it can go both ways and people just end up arguing over obscure stats and twisting things around to fit their agenda.

plowking, you're arguing against Jacks3, you know this won't turn out well. and on top of that, the third person involved in the debate is New York Knicks. you, new york knicks, and jacks3. one of these posters doesn't belong with the others.

edit: i thought jacks3 was thelogo :oldlol: same thing essentially

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Actually, Kobe drew more defensive attention. Of course, one would have to watch the games to see that. And it case you didn't know, players are judged by how they do vs the entire league.

Of course, the double standard.

Wade's supposed to average better numbers due to being on a worse team, though now that he is on a worse team he somehow puts up better numbers and it's due to less defensive attention than Kobe... Do you understand how stupid that statement is? Do you understand how stupid you are?

So, magically, in your world, a player surrounded with more talent is going to draw more defensive attention? :oldlol:

Let's just forget the fact that the Boston commentators described the defense that Boston was playing against Wade and the Heat as "incredibly disrespectful to Wade's team mates"...

And yes, players are judged how they do against the entire league, and Wade put up better numbers in the regular season.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:20 AM
I guess he's making a forecast of how they're gonna play next season. OJ did take a step back last season. And Yao's gonna be back for the Rockets so that'll make life easier for Martin. S-Jax led a team to their 1st playoff berth.

barbaroi
08-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Um, Kobe had 29/8/4 with 3.8 TO vs celtics. I'd still take that in a winning series over 33/6/7 with 5+ TO.

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:22 AM
plowking, you're arguing against Jacks3, you know this won't turn out well. and on top of that, the third person involved in the debate is New York Knicks. you, new york knicks, and jacks3. one of these posters doesn't belong with the others.

I don't mind arguing against him and seeing some of the BS excuses he comes up with.

So far I'm liking superstar on a stacked team draws more defensive attention than superstar with no team mates.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:23 AM
man, come on. it's obvious you have an agenda against kobe, but saying this just makes you lose all credibility. the west coast teams played the lakers extremely tough, the jazz got swept but they weren't easy. the suns and thunder both had good chances to beat the lakers. there was no stat padding, the lakers needed those points from kobe. that was a stupid thing to say.

and i'm not saying that kobe is better than wade. i personally think he is a notch above him, but i'm not going to make the argument because it can go both ways and people just end up arguing over obscure stats and twisting things around to fit their agenda.

It doesn't matter what you think is stat-padding and what isn't. The point is he went up against poor defensive teams in the West. There's a reason a lot of those game had such high scores. How fair of a comparison is it when he just compares Wade's stats vs. Boston (best defense in the East) vs. Kobe's overall playoff performance when his numbers are skewed by teams that just weren't good defensively? If you have to attack someone's credibility instead of the facts they've laid out, you might as well put up a white flag cause that's what you're looking like.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Um, Kobe had 29/8/4 with 3.8 TO vs celtics. I'd still take that in a winning series over 33/6/7 with 5+ TO.
How come Kobe fans never post FG%'s?

LJJ
08-21-2010, 03:25 AM

Last season Jackson carried his team to the playoffs as the first option.

Tha **** has OJ Mayo ever done? Being the fourth best player on the Memphis Grizzlies?

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:25 AM

Clearly you'd take anything in a winning series, though that's not the question.

33/6/7 on 56% shooting and 41% 3pt shooting along with 5.2 turnovers...

or

29/8/4 on 41% shooting and 4 turnovers

Let's not play pretend fantasy land here. :rolleyes:

barbaroi
08-21-2010, 03:26 AM
It doesn't matter what you think is stat-padding and what isn't. The point is he went up against poor defensive teams in the West. There's a reason a lot of those game had such high scores. How fair of a comparison is it when he just compares Wade's stats vs. Boston (best defense in the East) vs. Kobe's overall playoff performance when his numbers are skewed by teams that just weren't good defensively? If you have to attack someone's credibility instead of the facts they've laid out, you might as well put up a white flag cause that's what you're looking like.
Utah and OKC both had top 10 defensive ratings. I don't see how that is stat padding...

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Utah and OKC both had top 10 defensive ratings. I don't see how that is stat padding...
They're pushovers compared to Boston.

catch24
08-21-2010, 03:27 AM
I guess he's making a forecast of how they're gonna play next season. OJ did take a step back last season. And Yao's gonna be back for the Rockets so that'll make life easier for Martin. S-Jax led a team to their 1st playoff berth.

OJ Mayo was more efficient and is the better scorer (more so his skillset). I wouldn't say Jackson led the Bobcats to their first playoff birth...Felton, and Wallace (who's an all around better player than S-Jax) were all great too, and while they may of not been as vocal, their play did a lot of talking. I don't think I really need to mention Brown's exceptional coaching lol.

IMO OJ Mayo has the better upside and will be better next season.

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Kobe against Boston averaged 1.2 more shots than Wade did and still managed to score 4.6 points less...

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:29 AM
OJ Mayo was more efficient and is the better scorer (more so his skillset). I wouldn't say Jackson led the Bobcats to their first playoff birth...Felton, and Wallace (who's an all around better player than S-Jax) were all great too, and while they may of not been as vocal, their play did a lot of talking. I don't think I really need to mention Brown's exceptional coaching lol.

IMO OJ Mayo has the better upside and will be better next season.
I'm not saying they're better than Mayo, just giving some reasons why one COULD put Mayo below them. I mean his lists are clearly absurd for all the positions lol.

catch24
08-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Of course, the double standard.

Wade's supposed to average better numbers due to being on a worse team, though now that he is on a worse team he somehow puts up better numbers and it's due to less defensive attention than Kobe... Do you understand how stupid that statement is? Do you understand how stupid you are?

So, magically, in your world, a player surrounded with more talent is going to draw more defensive attention? :oldlol:

Let's just forget the fact that the Boston commentators described the defense that Boston was playing against Wade and the Heat as "incredibly disrespectful to Wade's team mates"...

And yes, players are judged how they do against the entire league, and Wade put up better numbers in the regular season.

Plowking, it's best to put that troll on ignore. Clearly he's out of touch with reality, dude rather live vicariously through KB.

barbaroi
08-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Clearly you'd take anything in a winning series, though that's not the question.

33/6/7 on 56% shooting and 41% 3pt shooting along with 5.2 turnovers...

or

29/8/4 on 41% shooting and 4 turnovers

Let's not play pretend fantasy land here. :rolleyes:
Look, I'm not saying Wade didn't have a good series. He had a great one. But the first round is certainly not the finals. Maybe Wade had a better individual series against boston, but for the whole of the playoff run you are telling me that 29/6/6 with 3.4 TO on 56% TS isn't better over 23 games than 33/6/7 with 5.2 TO on 65%TS for 5 games. You're a pretty reasonable guy plowking. 5 games of that is not as impressive as what Kobe did over 23 games especially as it culminated in a championship.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Look, I'm not saying Wade didn't have a good series. He had a great one. But the first round is certainly not the finals. Maybe Wade had a better individual series against boston, but for the whole of the playoff run you are telling me that 29/6/6 with 3.4 TO on 56% TS isn't better over 23 games than 33/6/7 with 5.2 TO on 65%TS for 5 games. You're a pretty reasonable guy plowking. 5 games of that is not as impressive as what Kobe did over 23 games.
You can't compare for teams Wade didn't play against. For all you know he averages 50 vs. Phoenix and 45 vs. Utah. And let's not forget the teammate factor.

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:32 AM
You're a dumbass. A player playing on a better team doesn't necessarily mean he's going to see less defensive attention.

Yes, in this case. Kobe is just more dangerous and has greater range.

I'm not saying Wade didn't draw a ton of ton of attention. I'm disputing the fact that he drew more than Kobe. You don't understand the distinction? Dumbass.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, cause Kobe was hurt and doesn't play on a shit team. But Kobe's playoff numbers are superior to Wade's regular season numbers. Dumass

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:33 AM
I don't mind arguing against him and seeing some of the BS excuses he comes up with.

So far I'm liking superstar on a stacked team draws more defensive attention than superstar with no team mates.
:oldlol: @ this moron.

plowking
Look, I'm not saying Wade didn't have a good series. He had a great one. But the first round is certainly not the finals. Maybe Wade had a better individual series against boston, but for the whole of the playoff run you are telling me that 29/6/6 with 3.4 TO on 56% TS isn't better over 23 games than 33/6/7 with 5.2 TO on 65%TS for 5 games. You're a pretty reasonable guy plowking. 5 games of that is not as impressive as what Kobe did over 23 games.

It's not more impressive, though their series against a common opponent showed who can score more, at a higher clip and who was generally better.

It wouldn't be fair of me to compare Wade's 2006 playoff run with Kobe's 2006 one, and I don't. So you pitting last years particular playoff runs against each other is just as invalid.

Jacks3

Wade stans. :facepalm

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Plowking, it's best to put that troll on ignore. Clearly he's out of touch with reality, dude rather live vicariously through KB.
lol @ this piece of shit.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs200.snc4/38351_958333934051_10053624_54058798_6368173_n.jpg

catch24
08-21-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm not saying they're better than Mayo, just giving some reasons why one COULD put Mayo below them. I mean his lists are clearly absurd for all the positions lol.

Oh no doubt. I understood what you were saying. We'll see what happens, maybe his list went over our heads, who knows? :oldlol:

barbaroi
08-21-2010, 03:37 AM
It's not more impressive, though their series against a common opponent showed who can score more, at a higher clip and who was generally better.

It wouldn't be fair of me to compare Wade's 2006 playoff run with Kobe's 2006 one, and I don't. So you pitting last years particular playoff runs against each other is just as invalid.
Their series against a common opponent didn't really show anything. The Boston of the first round was a far different animal than the Boston of the Finals. Comparing the two is just as dumb to my mind as comparing the entirety of their playoff runs is to your mind.

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:38 AM
You're a dumbass. A player playing on a better team doesn't necessarily mean he's going to see less defensive attention.
It does when the players are so damn close in talent and impact.

Yes, in this case. Kobe is just more dangerous and has greater range.
Yep, and Wade ended up shooting 41% from 3...

I'm not saying Wade didn't draw a ton of ton of attention. I'm disputing the fact that he drew more than Kobe. You don't understand the distinction? Dumbass.

I'll go with the Boston commentators opinion, and my own, in saying that Wade drew more attention.

Yeah, cause Kobe was hurt and doesn't play on a shit team. But Kobe's playoff numbers are superior to Wade's regular season numbers. Dumass

So I guess it'd be okay if I compared Wade's allstar numbers this year to Kobe's regular season. I mean, they have nothing to do with one another, but shit, you're doing it, so why not.

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Their series against a common opponent didn't really show anything. The Boston of the first round was a far different animal than the Boston of the Finals. Comparing the two is just as dumb to my mind as comparing the entirety of their playoff runs is to your mind.

You're right. Boston in the finals had more injuries.

tpols
08-21-2010, 03:40 AM
This.

People don't seem to understand the difference between boston's mindset when playing a pushover team they know they'll pretty much sweep (heat) versus the intensity and desperation when duking out a 7 game series against a very tough opponent (lakers) for the ring. SMH....

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:41 AM
And lol at directing that pic at catch24. Dude is a L.A...

Jesus Christ Jacks3, you make baby jesus weep. You are seriously dumber than dogshit.

New York Knicks
This.

People don't seem to understand the difference between boston's mindset when playing a pushover team they know they'll pretty much sweep (heat) versus the intensity and desperation when duking out a 7 game series against a very tough opponent (lakers) for ring. SMH....
LOL. Everyone had that series penned as "the upset series" After Miami built like a 14-point lead in Game 1, everyone was like, "yup Boston's done, Miami's taking this" Boston definitely turned it up in that series.

barbaroi
You're right. Boston in the finals had more injuries.
:oldlol: Aight if you're going to be like that there's no point. Enjoy debating Jack :cheers: .

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:43 AM
:oldlol: Aight if you're going to be like that there's no point. Enjoy debating Jack :cheers: .

Why should I bother?

You and I both know throughout their careers Wade has been one to destroy good defenses, whichever round it is, while the same can't be said for Kobe.

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:43 AM
It does when the players are so damn close in talent and impact.

No, it doesn't. Not with these two.

Yep, and Wade ended up shooting 41% from 3...
Um okay? Kobe still has greater range and is a much better three-point shooter. Wade doesn't force teams to extend their D as much as Kobe.

I'll go with the Boston commentators opinion, and my own, in saying that Wade drew more attention.
:oldlol: The Boston commentators said that Wade drew a bunch of defensive attention. That doesn't mean he drew more than Kobe. Do you understand?

So I guess it'd be okay if I compared Wade's allstar numbers this year to Kobe's regular season. I mean, they have nothing to do with one another, but shit, you're doing it, so why not.
They have plenty to do with each other.

tpols
08-21-2010, 03:44 AM
LOL. Everyone had that series penned as "the upset series" After Miami built like a 14-point lead in Game 1, everyone was like, "yup Boston's done, Miami's taking this" Boston definitely turned it up in that series.
LOL boston won game one and then blew them out by 30 the next game. STFU dude you're clueless. Wade's efforts against boston aren't comparable to anything kobe did because his team got crushed.

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:44 AM

Jesus Christ Jacks3, you make baby jesus weep. You are seriously dumber than dogshit.
No, he's not. Man your stupidity is mind-boggling.

catch24
08-21-2010, 03:45 AM

Shhh... I'm really just an undercover Wade fan/Kobe hater from Miami. :oldlol:

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:46 AM
LOL boston won game one and then blew them out by 30 the next game. STFU dude you're clueless. Wade's efforts against boston aren't comparable to anything kobe did because his team got crushed.
Where did I say Boston lost game 1? I'm guessing you didn't even watch that series. At one point Miami was up double-digits in game 1.

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:46 AM
lol @ catch24, the Kobe hater, being a LA fan. lol @ that idiot plowking.

tpols
08-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Where did I say Boston lost game 1? I'm guessing you didn't even watch that series. At one point Miami was up double-digits in game 1.
Stop trying to spin shit bro. Boston beat them in game one, embarrassed them in game two, and then went up 3-0 in their house. The series wasn't even close. "Oh buts they were up by fourteenz points once!" Please just leave.:facepalm That series was pretty much a joke to boston.

DuMa
08-21-2010, 03:52 AM
No, he's not. Man you're stupidity is mind-boggling.

:facepalm

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Obvious typo.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Stop trying to spin shit bro. Boston beat them in game one, embarrassed them in game two, and then went up 3-0 in their house. The series wasn't even close. "Oh buts they were up by fourteenz points once!" Please just leave.:facepalm That series was pretty much a joke to boston.
lol. Where did I say Boston didn't win? You've spun away from the point. Step 1. Learn how to read. Step 2. Improve comprehension skills

plowking
08-21-2010, 03:54 AM
:facepalm

bang bang :oldlol:

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:54 AM
This was my post:

Your responses have nothing to do with my post, tpols. It's like arguing with a 12-year old.

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 03:55 AM
lol pathetic.

tpols
08-21-2010, 03:57 AM
lol. Where did I say Boston didn't win? You've spun away from the point. Step 1. Learn how to read. Step 2. Improve comprehension skills
Insulting my comprehensive abilities isn't going to work pal. I said that boston didn't look at that series as hard as the ones after it because the heat didn't pose as big a threat. You responded with some bs saying miami was up by 14 once, which while true, doesn't take away from my point (thereby making your post worthless) because the series wasn't close despite the little detail you provided about game one. Now run off to bed kid.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 03:57 AM
Insulting my comprehensive abilities isn't going to work pal. I said that boston didn't look at that series as hard as the ones after it because the heat didn't pose as big a threat. You responded with some bs saying miami was up by 14 once, which while true, doesn't take away from my point (thereby making your post worthless) because the series wasn't close despite the little detail you provided about game one. Now run off to bed kid.
You never even understood the point and still don't. Run along now, little boy. Know your place 90s babies.

tpols
08-21-2010, 04:02 AM
You never even understood the point and still don't. Run along now, little boy. Know your place 90s babies.
:wtf: I'll try to make this understandable even for you.

I said miami wasn't a threat to boston like the lakers were (implying boston played with more intensity against the lakers).

You responded by saying "Miami was up by fourteen in game one; it was said to be an upset."

Your response was attempting to discredit the point I had that the series was easy for boston.

But your response conveniently ignored the other aspects of the series (namely the 3-0 lead and 30 point blowout) that supported my ooriginal premise.

Nice try though.:pimp:

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 04:08 AM
:wtf: I'll try to make this understandable even for you.

I said miami wasn't a threat to boston like the lakers were (implying boston played with more intensity against the lakers).

You responded by saying "Miami was up by fourteen in game one; it was said to be an upset."

Your response was attempting to discredit the point I had that the series was easy for boston.

But your response conveniently ignored the other aspects of the series (namely the 3-0 lead and 30 point blowout) that supported my ooriginal premise.

Nice try though.:pimp:
LOL let me break it down for you:

1. The Boston-Miami series was penned as the "upset series" because of how Boston performed in the regular season
2. Boston was in a 14-point whole mid-way through the 3rd quarter of Game 1 and then torched the Heat from then-on. Hence, they DID turn it up.

What kind of championship-caliber team that's playing in a series that was penned as most likely resulting in an upset won't turn it up?

I knew you clearly misunderstood it. I said that was the series people thought would be the "upset series". Not because of Game 1. People were thinking this before the playoffs started. And that's a fact.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 04:09 AM
How can people here be such morons? I spend 99% of the time trying to explain what I said step-by-step. It's there in plain English.

tpols
08-21-2010, 04:14 AM
LOL let me break it down for you:

1. The Boston-Miami series was penned as the "upset series" because of how Boston performed in the regular season
2. Boston was in a 14-point whole mid-way through the 3rd quarter of Game 1 and then torched the Heat from then-on. Hence, they DID turn it up.

What kind of championship-caliber team that's playing in a series that was penned as most likely resulting in an upset won't turn it up?

I knew you clearly misunderstood it. I said that was the series people thought would be the "upset series". Not because of Game 1. People were thinking this before the playoffs started. And that's a fact.
Who said it was going to be an upset? espn?:facepalm

No reasonable basketball fan thought the heat were winning that series. Wade played perfectly and they still got absolutely destroyed.

If you think boston feared miami more than lebrons cavs, orlando, or LA then your retarded. They knew they couldn't **** around with those guys from the start (the way boston played in the first half of game one against miami is actually a testament to how lowly they thought of the team; after game one they blew them up).

Anyways I digress. People propping up wade over kobe for these 5 games of which his team lost 4 are clueless. If kobe had put up the same numbers taking wade's spot he would get destroyed by you guys 'because his team lost.':rolleyes:

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Who said it was going to be an upset? espn?:facepalm

No reasonable basketball fan thought the heat were winning that series. Wade played perfectly and they still got absolutely destroyed.

ESPN analysts get paid to do what they're doing. Should I just take YOUR word for everything? They've been covering the sport longer than you've been alive, kid.

If you think boston feared miami more than lebrons cavs, orlando, or LA then your retarded. They knew they couldn't **** around with those guys from the start (the way boston played in the first half of game one against miami is actually a testament to how lowly they thought of the team; after game one they blew them up).
Do you think it actually strengthens your argument by stating things nobody has said?

Anyways I digress. People propping up wade over kobe for these 5 games of which his team lost 4 are clueless. If kobe had put up the same numbers taking wade's spot he would get destroyed by you guys 'because his team lost.':rolleyes:
You really think it's easier to score on a great defensive team with shitty teammates? Kobe would not be putting up the same numbers because he's a jumpshooter. They couldn't handle Wade because he's the league's premier slasher. Anyway I don't know why I bother arguing with a Kobe fan from New Jersey, not LA, NEW JERSEY. Good night.

Papaya Petee
08-21-2010, 06:35 AM

But he wouldn't put up Wade's stats. Kobe put up 29\8\4 on 41% and like 30% from 3 while having the best offensive big man in the league taking a huge amount of pressure of off him.

Wade averaged 33\7\6 56% and 41% 3 while having no offence help, and Boston commentators, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo all stressing out how there trying to stop Wade and ignore his teammates.

All Net
08-21-2010, 06:50 AM
But he wouldn't put up Wade's stats. Kobe put up 29\8\4 on 41% and like 30% from 3 while having the best offensive big man in the league taking a huge amount of pressure of off him.

Wade averaged 33\7\6 56% and 41% 3 while having no offence help, and Boston commentators, Paul Pierce, and Rajon Rondo all stressing out how there trying to stop Wade and ignore his teammates.

Actually Boston's gameplan was to let Wade gets his and completely shut everybody else down. They even said as much. Letting Wade go off meant no other player got any kind of consistant flow going and it worked.

Bring-Your-Js
08-21-2010, 07:53 AM
Actually Boston's gameplan was to let Wade gets his and completely shut everybody else down. They even said as much. Letting Wade go off meant no other player got any kind of consistant flow going and it worked.

These Wade v. Kobe threads... :facepalm

Yung D-Will
08-21-2010, 07:57 AM
It is more sickening to have OJ at 19 spot. Didn't he do 19/4/3 and 18/4/3 his first two years as the 4th option. What the hell are the other 18 supposively averaging.

OJ is a top 10 SG in this league.
Exactly

and people are taking this fools words seriously :oldlol:

Yung D-Will
08-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Lebron James

52/11/9/2 in 44 minutes

Dwayne Wade

55/9/4/1 in 39 minutes

Kobe Bryant

61/3/1 in 36 minutes

At new York.

Bring-Your-Js
08-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Lebron James

52/11/9/2 in 44 minutes

Dwayne Wade

55/9/4/1 in 39 minutes

Kobe Bryant

61/3/1 in 36 minutes

At new York.

I'll take Lebron's game of the 3. He's been the most effective/dominant player in the league and I've said as much on this forum more than once.

Wade's is also impressive. However, him scoring 50+ is as isolated of an instance as comparing a couple playoff series to prove he's better than Bryant. It's hardly the entire picture. In this instance, it's 1 of 3. For Bryant, 1 of 24. As a 40+ point game, it's 1 of 28 for Wade, 1 of 104 for Bryant. Since Wade came into the league, 1 of 77.

jrong
08-21-2010, 10:20 AM

No, they didn't. They didn't say anything of the kind. Here's Paul Pierce:

"We tried to stop him. We just couldn't."

The Celtics faced the three best players in the world, and Wade simply played the best individually-- and by a good margin. But, the Celtics aren't the first great defensive team Wade has torched in the postseason. He killed the Pistons in 05 and 06, the same squad, incidentally, that had made Kobe look very bad in 04.

And if you want to bring up the Mavs, well they were a top #7 defensive team during the 2006 regular season, and their defense looked great in beating the Spurs and the Suns. But, Wade is just Wade. Given a halfway-decent team in the playoffs, that's what he does.

BFRESH44
08-21-2010, 10:56 AM

:roll:

I swear the revisionist history that some of you dudes try to resort to...

When I look at these clips...

Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B11-1mAqAo

Game 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EaoXgSSbKs&feature=rec-LGOUT-real_rev-rn-2r-1-HM

It CERTAINLY doesn't appear to be a case of the said team, allowing the said star player to 'get his'.

In the game 3 clip, look at 1:05....And seriously try to me that the Celtics weren't keying on Wade defensively, or that they were 'letting him go off". FOUR DEFENDERS keying on him. Look at 1:33 where Wade finishes in the paint among THREE DEFENDERS. 2:09 where Celtics attempt to trap Wade in transistion, with three defenders.

And this is just in one clip.

I don't even know how you can say that with a straight face. Unless ofcourse you didn't watch the series (which ofcourse is infact the case, with anyone insinuating as such).

Dwade305
08-21-2010, 11:46 AM

Damn those 2-3 player traps at halfcourt/3point line meant letting wade get his?

KenneBell
08-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Are people really comparing a Finals series against a first round matchup? They really can't be compared. Teams adjust and evolve during the playoffs and usually the best ones are at their best towards the end.

As for Dwyer list, I can see why he picked Wade but I'd pick Kobe at #1 for now. 27/5/5 regular season with a couple injuries, All-NBA 1st, All-D 1st, 29/6/6 playoffs run and a Finals MVP. Kind of hard to argue that IMO.

But hey, it's only a list.

The GM
08-21-2010, 01:21 PM
It seems like we have been going through this since 2007. People will always pray and predict for Kobe's decline or downfall just to be looking stupid at the end of the season with Kobe being at the top of the mountain once again all by himself.

New York Knicks
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM

I swear the revolutionist history that some of you dudes try to resort to...

That's like the textbook definition (if there ever was one) of a Kobe fan. But the term is "revisionist history".

BFRESH44
08-21-2010, 07:04 PM
That's like the textbook definition (if there ever was one) of a Kobe fan. But the term is "revisionist history".

I knew that. :lol

Papaya Petee
08-21-2010, 07:19 PM
It seems like we have been going through this since 2007. People will always pray and predict for Kobe's decline or downfall just to be looking stupid at the end of the season with Kobe being at the top of the mountain once again all by himself.

We have been through this since 2008

Wade is individually a better player then Kobe Bryant, he even does the thing Kobe's best at, which is scoring, better, he scores more efficiently.

Btw, Kobe doesn't even know you exist.

tpols
08-21-2010, 07:22 PM

Wade is individually a better player then Kobe Bryant, he even does the thing Kobe's best at, which is scoring, better, he scores more efficiently.

Wade individually being a better player is your opinion also. Most people have it at:

1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Wade

except wade stans...

KenneBell
08-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Exactly. Kobe is getting older, I understand that. But there are a lot of posters on here who have been predicting Kobe's decline since the beginning of the '07 season saying he wouldn't have much longer to go. Many of them were also saying that he'd never win another championship or any type of MVP award.

Now they sit at home behind their computer screens looking like this :( or this :mad: .

Jacks3
08-21-2010, 10:30 PM

gts
08-21-2010, 11:01 PM
i kinda like how the torch was passed from kobe to wade, kobe who has played 394 regular season games the last 5 years plus multiple deep runs into the playoffs passes the torch because he's starting to break down..

since kobe is breaking down and no longer able to defend his number one crown according to KD he passes the torch to the guy who has missed 77 regular season games due to injuries the last 5 years?

HiphopRelated
08-22-2010, 12:21 AM
interesting that you pick 2007

At the height of thKobe can't get it done without Shaq critique.

Yet these same arguments will be used to justify Kobe over Wade. Stats can't be used..period.

So it's team success that determines the better player again.. Well now, Wade should be playing into June.

Excuses have run out.

All Net
08-22-2010, 05:32 AM

He may shoot a higher % but he isn't a better scorer, rebounder, defender, post up player. It's close but the only time you could say Wade was better was when he played amazing to win the title.

plowking
08-22-2010, 05:44 AM
He may shoot a higher % but he isn't a better scorer, rebounder, defender, post up player. It's close but the only time you could say Wade was better was when he played amazing to win the title.

In what world is Wade not a better defender?

I realize you'll bring up defensive teams, but then when you bring the same thing up for Lebron and the fact he got more votes for the defensive teams and was higher on the DPOY voting, Kobe fans waive it off as if it doesn't apply.

I'm not saying you're one of them, though I'm sure you've noticed the double standard as well.

All Net
08-22-2010, 05:52 AM
In what world is Wade not a better defender?

I realize you'll bring up defensive teams, but then when you bring the same thing up for Lebron and the fact he got more votes for the defensive teams and was higher on the DPOY voting, Kobe fans waive it off as if it doesn't apply.

I'm not saying you're one of them, though I'm sure you've noticed the double standard as well.

Point taken I agree, I have always considered Lebron a good defender not great one on one but passing lanes and chasing down he is clearly top draw.

I think with alot of the areas you could go the other way. Kobe's one on one defense is strong when he focuses on it. Wade is a better weak side defender and shot blocker. He is good at gambling and it pays off alot.

I wasn't basing my opinion really on the all defensive teams just what I have seen Kobe do defensively over a period of time and live. You can easily make a case for Wade being better defensively. Wade is certainly a good defender. It is a very close match-up in most areas but just from what I have seen I would say Kobe is better in the areas I mentioned. I have always said Kobe vs Wade is very close but Kobe just has the edge for me.

I don't have problems people saying Wade is better I just disagee. Although that opinion may change some end of the season who knows...If Wade is better than Kobe this year then Miami won't be beat.