PDA

View Full Version : Rubio looks incredible...

joyner82
08-22-2010, 03:24 PM
looks like the real deal and his passes are a lot like prime kidd

Nastradamus
08-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Nah, Kahn is just clueless. Lol, that team is going to rape in a year or 2. They still have plenty of cap space,picks and tradeable assets too. Rubio,Love,Johnson is a very nice base, plus the young Cs.

Nets fan 93
08-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I know. I'm lovin it.

mayo'sgrizz
08-22-2010, 03:27 PM
please calm down :sleeping

joyner82
08-22-2010, 03:29 PM
please calm down :sleeping

He's been by far the best guard on the floor during this game..just destroying Rose, Curry, and Westbrook.

BFRESH44
08-22-2010, 03:29 PM
:roll:

Showtime
08-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Defense is horrible IMO. A lot of those passes wouldn't have been made with better P&R defense, and an interior presence.

TAZORAC
08-22-2010, 03:38 PM

yea so does Jason Williams and Rafer Austin.

Rowe
08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
He's been by far the best guard on the floor during this game..just destroying Rose, Curry, and Westbrook.
:wtf: Calm down.

Different style of basketball. All 3 of those guys are better than Rubio when it comes to the NBA game.

KB2009Champ
08-22-2010, 03:45 PM
he looks good but i'd still take a bunch of pgs on this us squad over him.

one person that is incredibly overrated is rudy fernandez

Penny37
08-22-2010, 03:48 PM
he looks good but i'd still take a bunch of pgs on this us squad over him.

one person that is incredibly overrated is rudy fernandez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhF1gOTXVFQ

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Incredible? :oldlol:

He looks like the backup that he is... coming off the bench.

They're playing under FIBA rules with biased referees... the kid is not doing anything special

gyu
08-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Anybody have a link for me to watch this game? Really wanna see this one

Yung D-Will
08-22-2010, 03:57 PM
:wtf: Calm down.

Different style of basketball. All 3 of those guys are better than Rubio when it comes to the NBA game.
And Rubio hasn't played an Nba game.. So what's your point?

That like saying Melo is better at the College game then KG is.

emsteez forreal
08-22-2010, 03:57 PM

destroying? kill yourself.

Yung D-Will
08-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Incredible? :oldlol:

He looks like the backup that he is... coming off the bench.

They're playing under FIBA rules with biased referees... the kid is not doing anything special

So they're playing a more physical game. And are you really talking about biased refs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0w-N_Ryic

Im so nba'd out
08-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Dam its alot of hatters in the world.I dont know why people hate 2 see another person shine so much....Rubio looked like the best guard out there and he was even able to stay with derrick rose.He def is looking like the real deal.I just want to see him vs rondo.Them other guards try to pressure him but he it doesnt even seem to bother him.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Dam its alot of hatters in the world.I dont know why people hate 2 see another person shine so much....Rubio looked like the best guard out there and he was even able to stay with derrick rose.He def is looking like the real deal.I just want to see him vs rondo.Them other guards try to pressure him but he it doesnt even seem to bother him.

Rubio looked like the best guard out there and he was even able to stay with derrick rose.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Undisputed
08-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Rubio is slick. He did some things in the few minutes he played that really impressed me. He is more than ready for the NBA.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 04:07 PM
So they're playing a more physical game. And are you really talking about biased refs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd0w-N_Ryic

Ummmmm... what is that video clip supposed mean?

Moving Screens is not Physical, it's FIBA

Im so nba'd out
08-22-2010, 04:09 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
i held down t 2 long......this is my point exactly its really sad how much hate is out there what your mom didnt give you enough hugs as a kid?

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Rubio is slick. He did some things in the few minutes he played that really impressed me. He is more than ready for the NBA.

I could see how 2 points and 1 assist would make him NBA ready :rolleyes:

He might be a good SYSTEM point guard in the NBA... one day

magnax1
08-22-2010, 04:10 PM
He does look really good.

Showtime
08-22-2010, 04:12 PM
He does look really good.
bad defense will do that.

Batz
08-22-2010, 04:14 PM
It's a f*cking FIBA game, in Spain, against a young American team. Ofcourse he's going to be a spark. Kid still will have little impact in the NBA.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
He's not really explosive, looks like an average athlete. He's going to have trouble creating shots without pick-n-rolls, which might not matter that much depending on the system that he's in. But he definitely won't be turning the corner in the NBA on moving screens. And beyond that, can he adjust to the NBA style of play? These same cats were saying that Rudy was going to be a superstar and we see what he's done so far...

BFRESH44
08-22-2010, 04:20 PM
He's not really explosive, looks like an average athlete. He's going to have trouble creating shots without pick-n-rolls, which won't matter that much depending on the system that he's in. But he definitely won't be turning the corner in the NBA on moving screens. And beyond that, can he adjust to the NBA style of play? These same cats were saying that Rudy was going to be a superstar and we see what he's done so far...

:applause:

Younggrease
08-22-2010, 04:24 PM
bad defense will do that.

is that what made him pick Rose's pocket like a little kid. He is staying in front of Rose better than almost anyone I have seen in the NBA.

bdreason
08-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Curry schooling Rubio.

Hammertime
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
The Spaniels are shooting too many threes. And the Americans ought to put a body on Spain's #11, whoever he is.

Im so nba'd out
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
you can tell who actually knows anything about basketball.Rubio pressing the fastest guards in the league and they cant get by him but its not impressive cause its not in the nba.This is basically a all-star game but if he was playing vs the nets it would be more impressive.online dudes really kill me lmao :lol

Younggrease
08-22-2010, 04:32 PM
you can tell who actually knows anything about basketball.Rubio pressing the fastest guards in the league and they cant get by him but its not impressive cause its not in the nba.This is basically a all-star game but if he wasnt playing vs the nets it would be more impressive.online dudes really kill me lmao :lol

he is pretty much playing Derrick Rose like any other Joe Blow and still not getting blown by....Its extremely impressive imo.

mayo'sgrizz
08-22-2010, 04:37 PM

get of his dikkk please holy hell he would be an average PG in the NBA. thts why he wont play here. he still has a lot to learn and develop

Se
08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not at home. Anyone have a link? PM for rep, cheers

barbaroi
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
he is pretty much playing Derrick Rose like any other Joe Blow and still not getting blown by....Its extremely impressive imo.
He's been pretty damn impressive, just like every time I have seen him play live. I don't understand why people are so threatened by the idea that he might be a top PG when he comes over.

NY-Knicks
08-22-2010, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=Se

Im so nba'd out
08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
need to yank iguodala and bring in either westbrook for better defense or gay so they can have another scoren option at forward other then durant.

thomaspynchon
08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
He's been pretty damn impressive, just like every time I have seen him play live. I don't understand why people are so threatened by the idea that he might be a top PG when he comes over.

Because he's white.

ZenMaster
08-22-2010, 04:55 PM

It's because he's from Spain, they're a real threat to the US team. So Rubio represents the enemy.

Just like Dwade, Lebron and Kobe with the fans of the different teams saying your guy is not better than ours.

mayo'sgrizz
08-22-2010, 04:56 PM

:facepalm
please calm down NOONE is threatened by him lol he wouldnt be a top 10 PG

barbaroi
08-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Because he's white.
I think it's more that he's foreign.

dbugz
08-22-2010, 05:08 PM
He has an old-schoolish skill type of basketball. Very exciting player to watch :applause:

Based on that game. He just need to be careful with the ball especially on crunch time. He's sometimes careless by trying to be too fancy. He has a tendency to gamble too much on stealing the ball (Just like Rondo) instead of staying in front of his man.

Can't wait to see him on the NBA :pimp:

MastahX
08-22-2010, 05:10 PM
he had some nice passes but I'm less impressed with him after watching that game. He was turning the ball over like crazy. bleh

04mzwach
08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
I think it's more that he's foreign.
Nah, he's white. ha.

EarlTheGoat
08-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Lets play the "what have you done for me lately" bullsh*t almost everybody here loves to play.

Rubio played one nice game: Rubio is great, going to be a superstar, a legend, better than those overrated score first PGs of the NBA.

Tomorrow Rubio plays one bad game: Rubio sucks, he is overrated, a white european scrub, doesnt deserve to play in the NBA, screw him.

White or Black, pick your side, a winning side if possible, and constantly change. Thats the recipe to be a sucker.

Bcogswell
08-22-2010, 05:52 PM
Rubio is so overrated. Personally i hope the guy never comes to the NBA.

EarlTheGoat
08-22-2010, 05:55 PM

Go play hockey and STFU.

Jonelo
08-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Today

Calderon -19

Rubio +20

Lakas Fan Yo
08-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Are you blind? Navarro was the best guard in that game.

Rose
08-22-2010, 06:35 PM
He's not really explosive, looks like an average athlete. He's going to have trouble creating shots without pick-n-rolls, which might not matter that much depending on the system that he's in. But he definitely won't be turning the corner in the NBA on moving screens. And beyond that, can he adjust to the NBA style of play? These same cats were saying that Rudy was going to be a superstar and we see what he's done so far...
Didn't people say the same thing about Steve Nash?

Yung D-Will
08-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Didn't people say the same thing about Steve Nash?

Correction. People say the same thing about any guard coming over to the Nba

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Don't worry, he's a wuss.... he aint coming

Yung D-Will
08-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Don't worry, he's a wuss.... he aint coming
The fact he just played very well against a top 5 point guard in a much more physical game I don't think there's much for him to be scared about

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 07:15 PM
The fact he just played very well against a top 5 point guard in a much more physical game I don't think there's much for him to be scared about

Child please... it was a decent performance in a FIBA exhibition game

Yung D-Will
08-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Child please... it was a decent performance in a FIBA exhibition game

Hence the much more physical play. And less bs calls whenever you touch the arm of a perimiter player

Undisputed
08-22-2010, 07:23 PM
How could any fan of the game watch Rubio and not be impressed? His court vision is out of this world. He will never been a dynamic offensive player in the NBA, but as far as basketball IQ and passing goes, the kid is really special.

TROLL_HUNTER
08-22-2010, 07:33 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH man, this is real hate. admit it, would you hire a hitman to keep him from coming? :lol

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Hence the much more physical play. And less bs calls whenever you touch the arm of a perimiter player

And he will have to adjust his game to the NBA where you're not get by your man on 20 moving screens. The NBA is less wide open, can he be equally effective in the halfcourt set? Everybody assumed that it Rudy Fernandez was going to come over and light it up overnight and we see what has happened to him.

The most loaded position in the NBA right now is PG, in terms of talent... CP3, D Will, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, T Parker, Nash. He probably won't even be Top 10 if/when he gets over here.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 08:01 PM
How could any fan of the game watch Rubio and not be impressed? His court vision is out of this world. He will never been a dynamic offensive player in the NBA, but as far as basketball IQ and passing goes, the kid is really special.

Cut drama... you'd think this guy was the 2nd coming of Isiah Thomas the way some of you cats are drooling over him

The_Yearning
08-22-2010, 08:37 PM
And he will have to adjust his game to the NBA where you're not get by your man on 20 moving screens. The NBA is less wide open, can he be equally effective in the halfcourt set? Everybody assumed that it Rudy Fernandez was going to come over and light it up overnight and we see what has happened to him.

The most loaded position in the NBA right now is PG, in terms of talent... CP3, D Will, Rondo, Rose, Westbrook, T Parker, Nash. He probably won't even be Top 10 if/when he gets over here.

CPIII
D-Will
Nash
Rondo
Rose
Paker
Billups
Rubio
Evans
Westbrook

If he were in the NBA today that is where he would rank among the top PG.

Yung D-Will
08-22-2010, 08:40 PM

I wasn't expecting him to be a top 10 pg as soon as he come over he's a young player.

dwadefan11
08-22-2010, 08:44 PM
CPIII
D-Will
Nash
Rondo
Rose
Paker
Billups
Rubio
Evans
Westbrook

If he were in the NBA today that is where he would rank among the top PG.

Evans and westbrook are both better IMO, and your forgetting Curry who I think is better than him. And possibly aaron brooks, darren collison, jameer nelson

DuMa
08-22-2010, 08:45 PM
oh this is the same kid who was too scared to play with the NBA?

hihellohi765
08-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh joyner82 trying to downplay that Westbrook is a good player yet again to build up Durant.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 09:03 PM
I wasn't expecting him to be a top 10 pg as soon as he come over he's a young player.

His success will depend on the system that he's put in, IMO. He just does not seem to be dynamic/explosive enough to take over and dominate games. He could be good in an open system like Nash in Phoenix.

Lebron23
08-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh joyner82 trying to downplay that Westbrook is a good player yet again to build up Durant.

This

Joyner easily forget that Westbrook was very impressive in his first NBA Playoffs series.

He averaged 21 ppg, 6 apg, and 6 rpg on 47.3 FG%.

On topic.

I think Rubio would someday become a top 5 PG in the NBA. He's a very tall PG.

Undisputed
08-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Cut drama... you'd think this guy was the 2nd coming of Isiah Thomas the way some of you cats are drooling over him
Cut drama? Is being a fan of basketball so dramatic to you? If you appreciate the sport, you'd appreciate what Rubio brings at such a young age. I'm not saying he's the second coming of anyone or potentially the greatest ever...I'm saying he's going to be really fun to watch at the point guard position in the future. He has talent that most don't have and could not achieve through practice.

mrhoopfan
08-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not a huge Rubio fan but I have to give it to him, he played awfully darn good today but more importantly, Spain played better with him running the point; however he does get away with the occasional carry and travel, things that were called against the USA team. What i saw today for team USA is more Westbrook and maybe less Rose who needs to taught some of the more simpler aspects of the game like jump stopping, pivoting and using the back drinbble. Back to Rubio, he's no Nash but with athletic team mates and some shooters will be a solid NBA pg, although I'm not sure of him becoming an all star.

PK3434
08-22-2010, 09:37 PM
bottom line rubio is f**king good...he has incredible court vision...he is clearly ten times the player Calderon is. he will def end up being at least a borderline all-star caliber player in the NBA some day...why do alot of u deny his talent??? how can u watch him today and not be impressed?? I was rooting against him the whole time and i still understood how special he is.

Undisputed
08-22-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm not a huge Rubio fan but I have to give it to him, he played awfully darn good today but more importantly, Spain played better with him running the point; however he does get away with the occasional carry and travel, things that were called against the USA team. What i saw today for team USA is more Westbrook and maybe less Rose who needs to taught some of the more simpler aspects of the game like jump stopping, pivoting and using the back drinbble. Back to Rubio, he's no Nash but with athletic team mates and some shooters will be a solid NBA pg, although I'm not sure of him becoming an all star.
More Westbrook and maybe less Rose? What does that even mean? Rose had a great game.

Younggrease
08-22-2010, 09:43 PM
bottom line rubio is f**king good...he has incredible court vision...he is clearly ten times the player Calderon is. he will def end up being at least a borderline all-star caliber player in the NBA some day...why do alot of u deny his talent??? how can u watch him today and not be impressed?? I was rooting against him the whole time and i still understood how special he is.

they have been hating on this kid for a while. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that John Wall had better court vision and was a better passer.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 09:54 PM
they have been hating on this kid for a while. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago stating that John Wall had better court vision and was a better passer.

Maybe the Spanish version of White Chocolate? Jason Williams use to dazzle people with fancy passes too.

liquidrage
08-22-2010, 09:58 PM

This. Westbrook was possibly the best USA player over the weekend. He should have gotten a lot more minutes today. If he had the "pre-destined" playing time a few others are getting he wouldn't about to be cut.

chopchop20
08-22-2010, 10:00 PM

This kid isn't awe inspiring like a 17 year old LeBron James. You knew watching LJ, that he was going to be one of the best players in the league eventually.

Now this is the hype that I'm hearing around Rubio, but I don't see it. He's not dynamic enough to be a dominant player, plus there's so many very good PG's in the league right now who are young and won't be falling off too soon unless they get injured.

The kid is nice, he has some talent. He could be a very solid player, maybe even an All-Star way down the road. But I don't see him being remembered as a great NBA player

Younggrease
08-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Maybe the Spanish version of White Chocolate? Jason Williams use to dazzle people with fancy passes too.

but was he making the easy passes as well. There is a distinct difference between what Rubio is doing and what Jason Williams did. Williams was out of control, Rubio is rarely ever like that. Rubio seems to be able to control tempo like a vet already and his jumper is getting a lot better every year. Plus this guy has amazing hands and defensive instincts.

TheLogo
08-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Rubio is overrated on ISH.

Will you please get off his.

Younggrease
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Some quotes about Ricky's play today

"It was great just to test him. He's a young player and he played great," Rose said. "He really runs the offense well ... I think he's ready for the NBA."

"He's gotten bigger and he plays outstanding defense, and because he's a pass-first guard <emdash /> he's going to be liked by everybody who plays with him," said Krzyzewski, whose U.S. team came up against Rubio in the Olympic final two years ago. "He's improved his shooting and he's not afraid."

"He's an amazing defender, that's one thing that stood out to me is how well he pressured the ball and disrupted our offense," said Durant, who led the game with 25 points. "He's flashy, he's crafty as well and the passes he did tonight were kind of amazing."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/2010-08-22-4288972765_x.htm

DKLaker
08-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Rubio is overrated on ISH.

Will you please get off his.

:applause: :applause: :oldlol: :applause: :applause:

thomaspynchon
08-23-2010, 12:15 AM
The one guy who showed himself overrated was Durant. The dude is an average player when he isn't being coddled by the refs.

FIBA really shows the true colors of many of the US players. No wonder Duncan quit FIBA. He can't just get calls for throwing himself into the defense and crying nonstop to the officials.

joyner82
08-23-2010, 12:18 AM
The one guy who showed himself overrated was Durant. The dude is an average player when he isn't being coddled by the refs.

FIBA really shows the true colors of many of the US players. No wonder Duncan quit FIBA. He can't just get calls for throwing himself into the defense and crying nonstop to the officials.

This could be the worst post in this boards history. Durant destroyed Spain all day long.

thomaspynchon
08-23-2010, 12:20 AM
This could be the worst post in this boards history. Durant destroyed Spain all day long.

Yeah, he played well today but up until that he was something like 14-38, which is atrocious, especially for someone viewed by many on here as a top 5 player.

joyner82
08-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah, he played well today but up until that he was something like 14-38, which is atrocious, especially for someone viewed by many on here as a top 5 player.

And he's now 23-54 which is 43%. It's not great but hell Kobe has shot 43% for an entire season before. Plus Durant is dominating the glass, playing defense at an extremely high level, and getting to the line at will.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-23-2010, 12:28 AM

Nope. I said all along Rudy was extremely overrated. But everyone called me a liar.

thomaspynchon
08-23-2010, 12:28 AM
And he's now 23-54 which is 43%. It's not great but hell Kobe has shot 43% for an entire season before. Plus Durant is dominating the glass, playing defense at an extremely high level, and getting to the line at will.

Do you think he is a top 5 player? what does he need to do to improve?

Lakas Fan Yo
08-23-2010, 12:29 AM
This

Joyner easily forget that Westbrook was very impressive in his first NBA Playoffs series.

He averaged 21 ppg, 6 apg, and 6 rpg on 47.3 FG%.

On topic.

I think Rubio would someday become a top 5 PG in the NBA. He's a very tall PG.

6-3 isn't a very tall point guard.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-23-2010, 12:30 AM

Hell no. He is the same player as Rondo.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-23-2010, 12:32 AM

Exactly. Here is someone that actually can analyze basketball.

joyner82
08-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Do you think he is a top 5 player? what does he need to do to improve?

boarderline top 5, last season he was the 2nd best player in the regular season. If he plays like he did the last 55 (regular season)games last year then he is the 2nd best player in the league.

He averaged 32/8.5/3/2/1 on 52/40/92 which is just ridiculous.

thomaspynchon
08-23-2010, 12:35 AM
boarderline top 5, last season he was the 2nd best player in the regular season. If he plays like he did the last 55 (regular season)games last year then he is the 2nd best player in the league.

He averaged 32/8.5/3/2/1 on 52/40/92 which is just ridiculous.

Yeah but his home/road stats discrepancy is insane, especially against the top teams. It's something he needs to work on if he wants to be an MVP candidate.

vinsane01
08-23-2010, 12:40 AM
Some quotes about Ricky's play today

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/2010-08-22-4288972765_x.htm

I too was impressed by ricky rubio. The only thing he needs to improve on is his shooting. It looks bad ATM. I dont know its effective but everytime he shoots it, he shoots it like a young jason kidd. You know, like its not going in. He also needs to lower down the amount of fancy passes. Its fun to watch but that kind of play results to too much TO. Overall he is definitely nba ready and has the potential to be a top PG in the future.

Also, im reading some of the comments in the first few pages regarding his defense. I thought he played great defense considering he was guarding rose and he pick pocketed him twice with ease, if i remember correctly. Hey guess what coach K also thought he played great D. All those saying he didnt should take off those biased glasses. :lol

joyner82
08-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah but his home/road stats discrepancy is insane, especially against the top teams. It's something he needs to work on if he wants to be an MVP candidate.

He had the best numbers in the NBA vs the top 5 defensive teams...

Killer_Instinct
08-23-2010, 01:06 AM

http://i34.tinypic.com/10gzqs0.jpg

Big R
08-23-2010, 03:55 AM
nash jr!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

caliballer
08-23-2010, 03:59 AM

Please, Rubio impressed me too but saying that is just naive. :facepalm

B-Easy8
08-23-2010, 06:27 AM
I was very impressed by Rubio this coming from a Twolves fan that wanted to ship him out, now im not so sure. He has amazing court vision and his defense seems very good though he gambles a little bit too much.

2LeTTeRS
08-23-2010, 07:09 AM
I like Rubio....he sort of reminds me of a Euro version of a pre-injury SLiv minus a couple of inches. I like his height and I think that can should make him a good defender at the point, and of course he has the ability to make good crisp passes as good as anybody in the league. Because of that alone he should be able to stick in the NBA.

However since transitioning to the NBA game is probably the hardest for a point guard I still don't know how effective he will be in the NBA until he improves his jumper. Still a great prospect though.

Qwertyazerty
08-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Rubio had a great game yesterday even with a few important mistakes. But the most important part for me, regarding Rubio's game vs USA, is that he's shown to many people that he is able of defending on very good offensif NBA pg's.

I've seen several times people in here saying he is not a good deffender... but for me it has allways been his best weapon when playing against top PG's (FIBA or NBA). His D is even better than his passes IMHO. He makes really good pressure on the opponent and has fast and long arms to steal the ball. Then he also uses his court vision to steal the ball from cuting passes.

Jonelo
08-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Rubio will be the main playmaker this Championship . Calderon is out by injury. The sustitute is Raul Lopez . Possibly going to play 30 minutes per game.

http://www.feb.es/NoticiaDesarrollo.aspx?idNoticia=34507

[QUOTE]En la ma

Younggrease
08-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Rubio will be the main playmaker this Championship . Calderon is out by injury. The sustitute is Raul Lopez . Possibly going to play 30 minutes per game.

what is Calderon's injury?

Jonelo
08-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Sorry for the translation

musculotendinous rupture at the top of the left femoral biceps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw2i-hJDU1g#t=01m00s

plowking
08-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Some of you are some serious haters who can't get bias out of the way for a minute. I personally hate the guy and the attitude he came into the NBA with wanting to go to certain teams, not wanting to play for Minnesota, etc. Saying that, when he was on the court he looked like the best point guard out there between himself and the Americans.
Not saying that he's better than any of them, though when he was on the court he had a huge impact. The one thing I was concerned and worried about was his defense, though the kid is literally a defensive beast. Didn't let any of the quicker guards like Rose or Westbrook get by him. Very impressive.
And as per usual his passing was great.

Still not a great scoring threat, though his work on defense in the game I saw made him stick out along with his passing and he did seem like the best point out there at certain times. Curry gave him a bit of trouble though he held his own and some with the other guys.

Another thing, they should stop force feeding Durant. Dude is not as good when he isn't getting touch fouls due to his frame. He's getting pushed around and he's missing some easy shots because of it. Rudy Gay has been awesome, as have Rose and Westbrook IMO.

Pointguard
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
I will say that he usually makes the right pass - tho at times it can be a bit to fansy for his own good. He has a great eye. In Minny I don't know if he will amount to much there. Its hard to say until I see more.

Younggrease
08-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Some of you are some serious haters who can't get bias out of the way for a minute. I personally hate the guy and the attitude he came into the NBA with wanting to go to certain teams, not wanting to play for Minnesota, etc. Saying that, when he was on the court he looked like the best point guard out there between himself and the Americans.
Not saying that he's better than any of them, though when he was on the court he had a huge impact. The one thing I was concerned and worried about was his defense, though the kid is literally a defensive beast. Didn't let any of the quicker guards like Rose or Westbrook get by him. Very impressive.
And as per usual his passing was great.

Finally someone gets it.

This tournament is gonna be Ricky's coming out party to the American public. Now that Calderon is down, Ricky is gonna show everyone his talent.

FireMcFailPlease
08-23-2010, 11:03 AM
I was very impressed by Rubio this coming from a Twolves fan that wanted to ship him out, now im not so sure. He has amazing court vision and his defense seems very good though he gambles a little bit too much.
why would you want to ship him out?? because you had to wait 2 extra years? he'd have so much pressure on him last year and this year, he'd of probably ended up failing. i dont think he was ready for the nba.

next year he will be.:rockon:

Younggrease
08-23-2010, 11:06 AM
why would you want to ship him out?? because you had to wait 2 extra years? he'd have so much pressure on him last year and this year, he'd of probably ended up failing. i dont think he was ready for the nba.

I really hope he gets traded to NY. Minnesota just isnt the right place for his talents. Pairing him with Amare and Danillo would be great!

plowking
08-23-2010, 11:08 AM
I really hope he gets traded to NY. Minnesota just isnt the right place for his talents. Pairing him with Amare and Danillo would be great!

He needs to take his talents to South Beach.

sodap
08-23-2010, 11:11 AM

Anyway Minnesota actually did a good move, they could get some great pieces in exchange for rubio and they already have the position covered

Maga_1
08-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Lol'd when someone said that in the NBA the defense is more agressive, and that there is not a lot of pick n'roll .. lol so hard.

FireMcFailPlease
08-23-2010, 12:59 PM
considering we're building the roster to run with rubio, dont count on it.

mayo'sgrizz
08-23-2010, 03:59 PM
even when he is in the NBA i just honestly dont see him avging double figures in pts bc he is not nearly good enough offensively to score efficiently. he thrives with spain bc he has played with these guys since he debuted as a 14 yr old. he knows the "spanish system" very well. so like i said he wont b a top 10 pg in nba for a while.

joe
08-23-2010, 04:54 PM
My biggest fear is he won't come to the NBA at all. He's already proven he won't make huge sacrifices to come over (I.E.- won't go into debt with his national team), but would he make any sacrifices at all? The sacrifice of not living in his home country? Having to play in a cold weather state, which he's already stated is an issue? With overseas leagues improving there isn't as much incentive for him to come over.

sodap
08-25-2010, 12:20 AM
My biggest fear is he won't come to the NBA at all. He's already proven he won't make huge sacrifices to come over (I.E.- won't go into debt with his national team), but would he make any sacrifices at all? The sacrifice of not living in his home country? Having to play in a cold weather state, which he's already stated is an issue? With overseas leagues improving there isn't as much incentive for him to come over.

the reason he isnt already in the nba is because he would have gone in serious debt with DKV (his former team) I mean

ZenMaster
08-25-2010, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=sodap]the reason he isnt already in the nba is because he would have gone in serious debt with DKV (his former team) I mean

Blackisbig
08-25-2010, 06:47 AM
Rubio looked inconsistent more than anything else. Last USA play on offense. Rubio gambles and goes for the steal, resulting in Rose beating him and driving down the lane where Gasol is forced to foul. If Rubio had simply played off Rose, there is no way that he's going to attempt a long range jumpshot. There were many instances of that happening on the defensive end of the court.

SGK_81
08-25-2010, 07:19 AM
Americans don't want to look at it this way, it's easier just to call him a b1tch and say that he's scared.

People still think of him as the average college kid who have seen a 200$ note in his life. In fact the guy is a millionaire and needs the Wolves and their rookie contract less then they actually need him. He certainly looks more solid than the South Beach king who took his talents down the fun way

Lakas Fan Yo
08-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Lol'd when someone said that in the NBA the defense is more agressive, and that there is not a lot of pick n'roll .. lol so hard.

Go to this site called clutchfans.net

read the comments there. They actually believe that the NBA has far more intense and harder defense and that the NBA plays way more physical than the Euroleague.

It's a good site for laughs. Probably the most delusional sports fan base on the planet.

Go Getter
08-25-2010, 07:31 AM
People still think of him as the average college kid who have seen a 200$ note in his life. In fact the guy is a millionaire and needs the Wolves and their rookie contract less then they actually need him. He certainly looks more solid than the South Beach king who took his talents down the fun way

Wait-a-minute....are you saying that Ricky Rubio's game looks better than Lebron's because I'm confused.

B-Easy8
08-25-2010, 08:47 AM

I wanted him out because I don't see a use for Rubio and Flynn together. I don't believe in making the sixth pick in the draft a backup pg and Rubio and Flynn won't be able to play at the same time as Rubio will get torched by taller sg's. I thought shipping him for a quality young big would have been good.

SGK_81
08-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Wait-a-minute....are you saying that Ricky Rubio's game looks better than Lebron's because I'm confused.

nope, I'm saying that people are hypocrites for calling Rubio a coward when the NBA leading star decided to take the easy way out.
It's off-topic but the draft system is not designed to attract high-calibre international players