PDA

View Full Version : Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways

D-Rose
08-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmnYbhkGDM_HHvuch2nL83y8vLYF?slug=aw-anthonynuggets082610)

[QUOTE]Carmelo Anthony wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.This wasn

Rose
08-26-2010, 06:14 PM
and Wes was bringing Bosh and Bronze to chicago. Generally I believe WWW, but as of right now I'm a little unsure.

Scoooter
08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
**** this "World Wide Wes" character.

jaydacris
08-26-2010, 06:15 PM
eric gordon, carmelo, blake griffin

that would be nice.

ElPigto
08-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Countdown for a Knicks fan to come in here say none of this is true just a made up lie by Adrian W. and all because he didn't mention them (since he hates the Knicks so much).

MeLO MvP 15
08-26-2010, 06:18 PM
sounds like recycled info from Bucher and those other BS reports

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 06:20 PM
nothing new here...

BFRESH44
08-26-2010, 06:21 PM
CAA running the league right now...:pimp:

LA_Showtime
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM
It's nice to finally see somebody stand up to WWW and Leon Rose. Those jackasses need to be put in their places.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-26-2010, 06:27 PM
It's nice to finally see somebody stand up to WWW and Leon Rose. Those jackasses need to be put in their places.
umm if they were standing up to www, they wouldn't trade carmelo. or they would trade melo to his least desired destination/

MeLO MvP 15
08-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Just like how Paul was done in New Orleans because of World Wide Wes, how LeBron was def going to NY b/c of WWW (and then Chicago), and all this BS... seriously this guy seems like a sleezy guy in a cheap purple suit who tells good athletes how to look like brats and try to start NBA rumors... ESPN prob made this guy seem so powerful to give them a "source"

Rowe
08-26-2010, 06:41 PM
CAA running the league right now...:pimp:

True.

Its surprising how Stern is letting an agency group basically have such huge power on the NBA's stars.

Lets not forget nearly every top 1 & Done draft pick turning into a NBA star is affiliated in some way with WWW.

Al Thornton
08-26-2010, 06:44 PM
eric gordon, carmelo, blake griffin

that would be nice.

qft.

VishaltotheG
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
and Wes was bringing Bosh and Bronze to chicago. Generally I believe WWW, but as of right now I'm a little unsure.

Why do you call LeBron "LeBronze"? He won a gold medal already.

Batz
08-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Awesome. Giving Knicks fans false hope again. I'm all for it!

fatboy11
08-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Interesting.

Sounds like Melo will have to go sans extension if he really wants to be a Knick. That is unless the Knicks give up some talent.

gts
08-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Between the agents’ bullying and Anthony’s dismissive disposition in Sunday’s meeting, sources said Nuggets owner Stan Kroenke, Josh’s father, finally made a stand with CAA.

Keep it up, and the Nuggets will never do a deal for one of your clients again.

Try to dictate terms of a trade and we won’t move him.

Keep up the heavy-handedness and you’ll get a war.

Kroenke has decided to deal with CAA in a way most of the league is too fearful to try. Leon Rose, the agent who works with Wesley, backed down, sources said, and is willing to be more open-minded on potential trade destinations. Anthony wants to leave Denver and get his three-year, $65 million contract extension now. This partnership is rounding third and rapidly reaching disrepair.

interesting stuff, anthony better curb his agents or he'll find himself looking for work during a lockout....

Rose
08-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Why do you call LeBron "LeBronze"? He won a gold medal already.
Check yo inbox.

New York Knicks
08-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Interesting.

Sounds like Melo will have to go sans extension if he really wants to be a Knick. That is unless the Knicks give up some talent.
Looks like you're gonna have to disappear from here.

Nets fan 93
08-26-2010, 07:32 PM
Why would he want to leave Denver? Why? They have a nice team. Unless it is Houston I dont see why.

magnax1
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
This makes me happy. Less competition for Utah in the northwest, and maybe the conference.

kurple
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Why would he want to leave Denver? Why? They have a nice team. Unless it is Houston I dont see why.

I really don't get it either..

We made the ****ing WCF two seasons ago, and were 22-4 when healthy last season.

+ They showed they were willing to spend on improving the team when they used all they could on FA's (Al Harrington).. And offered Haslem and JO the full MLE as well

And if Melo or Lala hates it in Denver, why would they stay there for 7 years? Why did Melo agree to the extra year on his contract?

ZenMaster
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
True.

Its surprising how Stern is letting an agency group basically have such huge power on the NBA's stars.

Lets not forget nearly every top 1 & Done draft pick turning into a NBA star is affiliated in some way with WWW.

Could you mention which ones?

noob cake
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Lol Melo would be royally pissed if he got traded to the Clippers or Nets. He'll have a career ending injury the after he puts on the Clippers jersey.

Doubt Melo would want to waste his prime with a bunch of rookies in Jersey.

kurple
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Anyways.. As said, this is coming from the guy who said Bron and Bosh were headed for Chicago...

I call BS

gts
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
lazenby
I sure hope Worldwide Wes manages Escape From Denver a lot better than he managed The Last Train From Cleveland. That sha was messy.
11 minutes ago via twitter

Big One
08-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Lol Melo would be royally pissed if he got traded to the Clippers or Nets. He'll have a career ending injury the after he puts on the Clippers jersey.

doubt those teams would agree to trade for melo and give up a bunch of talent unless melo was to sign an extension.

therfore melo essentially gets a huge say in where he goes because sure they can trade him to the raptors if they want but melo will only be there for one season and teams wouldnt offer all there young talent liek knicks giving up gallo unless they were certain by him signing an extension.

LBJMVP
08-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Anyways.. As said, this is coming from the guy who said Bron and Bosh were headed for Chicago...

I call BS

and guess what.... lebron ended up leaving.
now you know how cleveland fans felt all last year and this summer.
he is gone you might as well accept it now. sooner better than later.

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
This makes me happy. Less competition for Utah in the northwest, and maybe the conference.

worried about the wrong team. okc and portland say hi. you can have 3rd.

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM

or he could enjoy another first round exit...and live in houston. double whammy.

magnax1
08-26-2010, 07:49 PM
worried about the wrong team. okc and portland say hi. you can have 3rd.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Excuse me while I think of a biased rant degrading the level of Portland and OKC's teams to write.

magnax1
08-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Seriously though, Jazz are going to end up being third in the west, unless there are some big injuries.

ZenMaster
08-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Melo and JR Smith for Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon?

Add in fillers if needed.

Would the Clippers do it?

I'm sure Melo would hate to be traded with JR Smith, but the Nuggets will probably try their hardest to unload him in the same trade for another good player or pick. Maybe a 3-team trade..

I'd like to get Melo east though, the more talent to the east gets the Lakers a better schedule along with the east teams beating each other up for home court.

Maybe to the Nets for Favors and future first type of deal?

qrich
08-26-2010, 07:53 PM

Clippers would laugh the Nuggets of the phone if that was offered. Why? Melo is an unrestricted free agent that would take up a maximum salary slot while Gordon and Griffin are on rookie scales for another 2 and 3 years each.

Kaman/Aminu/Cook/Minnesota First is the most I'd offer IF an extension is agreed upon

bagelred
08-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Awesome. Giving Knicks fans false hope again. I'm all for it!

OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! It's as good as done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dancin :dancin :dancin
:dancin
:dancin armelo

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Seriously though, Jazz are going to end up being third in the northwest, unless there are some big injuries.

fyp

kurple
08-26-2010, 08:00 PM
bagel, you are one crazy son of a *****

magnax1
08-26-2010, 08:05 PM
fyp
More liked raped the truth out of my post and filled it with Denver propaganda.

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 08:06 PM
More liked raped the truth out of my post and filled it with Denver propaganda.

:oldlol: you gotta explain that.

Al Thornton
08-26-2010, 08:06 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

how is that even a question?

magnax1
08-26-2010, 08:08 PM
:oldlol: you gotta explain that.
Last year's Jazz-
53 wins
Jefferson>Boozer
Bell>>>>>Korver
Millsap>Okur
Next year's Jazz-
55-60 wins

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Last year's Jazz-
53 wins
Jefferson>Boozer
Bell>>>>>Korver
Millsap>Okur
Next year's Jazz-
55-60 wins

oh sorry...didnt realize you were a jazz homer. my bad.

carry on.

VishaltotheG
08-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Last year's Jazz-
53 wins
Jefferson>Boozer
Bell>>>>>Korver
Millsap>Okur
Next year's Jazz-
55-60 wins

lol @ Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Korver
lol @ Jeff > Booz

Korver > Bell
Booz > Jeff

magnax1
08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
lol @ Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Korver
lol @ Jeff > Booz

Korver > Bell
Booz > Jeff
Well, we'll see. I don't see any arguement for Korver over Bell though, and Jefferson is at minimum equal to Boozer in everything except passing.

qrich
08-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Last year's Jazz-
53 wins
Jefferson>Boozer
Bell>>>>>Korver
Millsap>Okur
Next year's Jazz-
55-60 wins

Jefferson and Boozer are pretty equal, but if your playing Jefferson at Center, I'd take Boozer at power forward over him without thinking twice. I'd also take Okur over Millsap at Center.

magnax1
08-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Jefferson and Boozer are pretty equal, but if your playing Jefferson at Center, I'd take Boozer at power forward over him without thinking twice. I'd also take Okur over Millsap at Center.
Agreed, though I think that Millsap is going to have a breakout 17-12 type season. Jefferson is definitely a better team player then Boozer though, as his only real goal in games seemed to be to go after stats, and the defense suffered from it.

qrich
08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Agreed, though I think that Millsap is going to have a breakout 17-12 type season. Jefferson is definitely a better team player then Boozer though, as his only real goal in games seemed to be to go after stats, and the defense suffered from it.

Even so, do you think a Millsap/Jefferson duo is better than Boozer/Memo with Millsap off the bench? Jazz need a defensive Center to counter the defencies of Jefferson & Millsap up front, or at least someone like a Marc Gasol who does the same for Randolph out in Memphis.

ZenMaster

how is that even a question?

It's a question because top 7 players are hard to come by.

Kurosawa0
I love the idea of him going to the Clippers, as long as Blake Griffin works out. Having a legit Clippers-Lakers rivalry would be really cool. Mostly though, I just want Melo to go to a team in the West and provide a real challenge to the Lakers. The West is becoming too weak and the Lakers are the only real power. It would be really good for the league to have Miami, Boston and Orlando fighting it out in the East and the Lakers and Clippers/Houston in the West.

DuMa
08-26-2010, 08:21 PM
yes please stay in the west, Melo.

qrich
08-26-2010, 08:23 PM

Even so, he is an unrestricted free agent and Gordon seems to have a ton of promise as shown in the NBA and play with the US squad. Griffin, as well, seems to have a ton of promise himself being the top pick and I'm sure most of the Clipper front office/fans and the such want to see what they have before they deal him.

Not to mention, the point would be to team up Carmelo with, at the very least, one of those two, if not both. Giving up both, the Clippers would struggle just as much. Baron-Butler-Melo-Craig Smith-Kaman wouldn't top 40 wins and would give up basically all of the Clippers youth.

G-train
08-26-2010, 08:26 PM
If the Nuggets trade Smith and Melo for some team orientated players who play defence they will be very successful. If they continue down the line of selfish players with poor character they will languish.

ZenMaster
08-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Even so, he is an unrestricted free agent and Gordon seems to have a ton of promise as shown in the NBA and play with the US squad. Griffin, as well, seems to have a ton of promise himself being the top pick and I'm sure most of the Clipper front office/fans and the such want to see what they have before they deal him.

Not to mention, the point would be to team up Carmelo with, at the very least, one of those two, if not both. Giving up both, the Clippers would struggle just as much. Baron-Butler-Melo-Craig Smith-Kaman wouldn't top 40 wins and would give up basically all of the Clippers youth.

I was assuming he'd sign the extension if a deal was made.

I agree in Griffin, he's a great talent.

It's just without Gordon or Griffin, who are the Clippers going to offer that Denver could possibly want? If you want great players you have to get up good assets. I doubt Denver pulls the trigger in a trade centered around Aminu as they could probably get a better deal from another team.

kentatm
08-26-2010, 08:33 PM
teams need to start telling this WWW punk ass to f-ck the hell off.

Kurosawa0
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I was assuming he'd sign the extension if a deal was made.

I agree in Griffin, he's a great talent.

It's just without Gordon or Griffin, who are the Clippers going to offer that Denver could possibly want? If you want great players you have to get up good assets. I doubt Denver pulls the trigger in a trade centered around Aminu as they could probably get a better deal from another team.

Simmons mentioned on Twitter that the Clippers have Minny's 2012 unprotected first round pick. Considering where the T'Wolves are currently, that could be a top five pick. Not a bad piece there.

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 08:34 PM
At this point I'd be extremely happy to try and get a lottery pick + dump Birdman's contract. Let Billups\K-Mart\J.R expire and hope you do well in the draft and start fresh.

Would have really loved to see 1 more run from this Denver team. Things could have been much different if Karl\Denver stayed healthy this year. Gotta think it'd increase the chances of Melo staying by alot.

As long as we don't trade em to the Knicks! :oldlol:

ZenMaster
08-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Simmons mentioned on Twitter that the Clippers have Minny's 2012 unprotected first round pick. Considering where the T'Wolves are currently, that could be a top five pick. Not a bad piece there.

That's a good piece, but I still don't see Denver making a trade that doesn't have Griffin or Gordon in it.

Gordon, Aminu and Minny 2012 pick for Melo and Afflalo/JR Smith

magnax1
08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Even so, do you think a Millsap/Jefferson duo is better than Boozer/Memo with Millsap off the bench? Jazz need a defensive Center to counter the defencies of Jefferson & Millsap up front, or at least someone like a Marc Gasol who does the same for Randolph out in Memphis.
I think that while Millsap starts when Okur is out, that it will end up being a pretty much equal defensive front line to Okur-Boozer. Millsap is probably their best defender, and he would be a starter even with Okur if it was feasible for Jefferson to be a long term starting center.

G-train
08-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Melo
Afflalo

for

Curry
Gallinari
Wilson Chandler

That works by the numbers.

icewill36
08-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Last year's Jazz-
53 wins
Jefferson>Boozer
Bell>>>>>Korver
Millsap>Okur
Next year's Jazz-
55-60 wins

lol @ bell >>>> korver

you do realize hes about to be 34 years old right ? Utah is going nowhere

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Melo
Afflalo

for

Curry
Gallinari
Wilson Chandler

Explain to me why Denver gives up Afflalo? He's shown to be a very good perimeter defender and can knock down the 3 on a good %. If Melo signs that extension than it won't be Afflalo but Birdman being dumped.

G-train
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Explain to me why Denver gives up Afflalo? He's shown to be a very good perimeter defender and can knock down the 3 on a good %. If Melo signs that extension than it won't be Afflalo but Birdman being dumped.

They may have to as he only earns $1.9m yet he can play.

Trade anyone else with Melo and its alot of money to match.

JR gets $6m then expires, and Andersen is owed about $18m for the next 4 years.

I cant see Andersen going anywhere when he is owed that.

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 10:14 PM
They may have to as he only earns $1.9m yet he can play.

Trade anyone else with Melo and its alot of money to match.

JR gets $6m then expires, and Andersen is owed about $18m for the next 4 years.

I cant see Andersen going anywhere when he is owed that.

So Denver trades Melo and gets rid of a younger player on a good contract?. I think that's the whole point. If Denver was smart they'd pair Birdman with Melo and make a team take him on.

ElPigto
08-26-2010, 10:19 PM
At this point I'd be extremely happy to try and get a lottery pick + dump Birdman's contract. Let Billups\K-Mart\J.R expire and hope you do well in the draft and start fresh.

Would have really loved to see 1 more run from this Denver team. Things could have been much different if Karl\Denver stayed healthy this year. Gotta think it'd increase the chances of Melo staying by alot.

As long as we don't trade em to the Knicks! :oldlol:

Would you be happy with this:

Jared Jeffries (expiring)
Chase Budinger
Aaron Brooks
Jordan Hill
Alexander Johnson (Non-Guaranteed Contract)
Mike Harris (Non-Guaranteed Contract)
2011 1st round pick (right to swap w/ Knicks only #1 pick protected)
2012 1st round Knicks pick (top 5 protected)

For

Melo

Then in a separate trade:

Rockets 6.3M trade exception

for

Birdman
Balkman

or

Kevin Martin
Jordan Hill
Chase Budinger
2012 1st round Rockets pick
future 2nd rounder
Cash considerations

for

Melo

for

Birdman
Balkman

Sheds quite a bit of salary, plus gives you young players and picks.

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I love the 1st trade you have. 2nd is good two but I wouldn't want Martin. 1st one gets rid of Birdman's contract get's us two prospects and shed's some salary. I'd rather switch Battier\Brooks because I really don't think Denver has much use for Brooks. Doesn't matter either way tho because it's not like Brooks has a bad contract or anything just if Houston would rather keep him.

Houston's seems like the best option. Picks\Prospects\Shed salary.

ElPigto
08-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I love the 1st trade you have. 2nd is good two but I wouldn't want Martin. 1st one gets rid of Birdman's contract get's us two prospects and shed's some salary. I'd rather switch Battier\Brooks because I really don't think Denver has much use for Brooks. Doesn't matter either way tho because it's not like Brooks has a bad contract or anything just if Houston would rather keep him.

Houston's seems like the best option. Picks\Prospects\Shed salary.

I include Brooks or Martin because I really don't want a Brooks/Martin/Melo line-up if Melo were traded to Houston. I love having scorers, but not that many with Yao and Scola also in the line-up. If anything, I want either:

Brooks/Lee/Melo/Scola/Yao --- Martin is traded here

or

Lowry/Martin/Melo/Scola/Yao --- Brooks is traded in this scenario

Also, Brooks is expiring and is a restricted free agent, so whether you have Battier/Brooks in the trade it really doesn't matter plus Nuggets would probably benefit with Brooks financially and he is an asset for a sign and trade if Lawson is the PG of the future.

I rather keep Battier because we need the veteran leadership and Nuggets don't really have a use for him IMO.

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I include Brooks or Martin because I really don't want a Brooks/Martin/Melo line-up if Melo were traded to Houston. I love having scorers, but not that many with Yao and Scola also in the line-up. If anything, I want either:

Brooks/Lee/Melo/Scola/Yao --- Martin is traded here

or

Lowry/Martin/Melo/Scola/Yao --- Brooks is traded in this scenario

Also, Brooks is expiring and is a restricted free agent, so whether you have Battier/Brooks in the trade, Nuggets would probably benefit with Brooks financially, plus he is an asset for a sign and trade if Lawson is the PG of the future.

I rather keep Battier because we need the veteran leadership and Nuggets don't really have a use for him IMO.

Makes sense. I'm hoping if Melo does get traded this is the type of deal we get.

ElPigto
08-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Makes sense. I'm hoping if Melo does get traded this is the type of deal we get.

I hope the Rockets are able to get Melo if he were traded. We have all these "assets" in Houston that Morey has been stockpiling for quite sometime, it's time he nets us a superstar.

ElPigto
08-26-2010, 10:43 PM
BTW

http://www.clutchfans.net/images/houston-rockets-carmelo-anthony.jpg

I like it :).

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Melo
Afflalo

for

Curry
Gallinari
Wilson Chandler

:oldlol:

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Would you be happy with this:

or

Sheds quite a bit of salary, plus gives you young players and picks.

no. doesnt help us at all. melos salary is gone in a year anyways.

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
BTW

http://www.clutchfans.net/images/houston-rockets-carmelo-anthony.jpg

I like it :).

it could happen...if houston had an offer worth talking about. needs a 3rd team.

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Forum I post at just got Melo to respond on twitter.

They told him
@carmeloanthony haha you ***** ass *****, bouncing out of denver and showing no loyalty

He responded with

u want 2secs of fame. You got it. By the time u read this, your time will be expired. Poof

http://twitter.com/carmeloanthony

Thought it was pretty neat :oldlol:

bagelred
08-26-2010, 11:41 PM
bagel, you are one crazy son of a *****

:dancin ........... :dancin
:dancin :dancin
:dancin urple
:dancin :dancin
:dancin ........... :dancin

And btw, what decade is that Hanes banner ad from? Jordan looks about 34 years old.

G-train
08-26-2010, 11:45 PM
LOL at Denver fans if they think teams will take on Andersen to get Melo. They will trade on their terms, as Nuggets wont want to lose for nothing.

At most they get a young player and a pick, the NY trade I suggested was an absolute best case scenario.

Rockets wont give up Martin or Brooks for him. Clippers wont give you Griffin or Gordon.

A Gallinari and picks or some Clippers young junk and picks or Jordan Hill and Budinger and picks are more likely.

No team will take Andersen as part of a deal. Why would they? They can just make a free agent play or go for sign and trade when the Nugz are even more desperate.
Morey is too smart to trade 3 players and picks.

Nuggets are in a terrible bargaining position.

G-train
08-26-2010, 11:46 PM
:oldlol:

You will be lucky to get that.

NuggetsFan
08-26-2010, 11:51 PM

I don't know what your not getting Denver isn't giving up AA with Melo. Your right maybe teams won't take on Birdman but don't tell me it's impossible. Hill\Buddinger\Picks is more than realistic. If Melo signs the extension his value skyrockets. If he doesn't a team like NY\Hou\L.A will still want to take a chance on him. We all seen how FA worked out for some teams this year.

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Forum I post at just got Melo to respond on twitter.

They told him

He responded with

http://twitter.com/carmeloanthony

Thought it was pretty neat :oldlol:

whoa

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
LOL at Denver fans if they think teams will take on Andersen to get Melo. They will trade on their terms, as Nuggets wont want to lose for nothing.

At most they get a young player and a pick, the NY trade I suggested was an absolute best case scenario.

ok. because you say so.

Rockets wont give up Martin or Brooks for him. Clippers wont give you Griffin or Gordon.

ok again.

A Gallinari and picks or some Clippers young junk and picks or Jordan Hill and Budinger and picks are more likely.

No team will take Andersen as part of a deal. Why would they? They can just make a free agent play or go for sign and trade when the Nugz are even more desperate.
Morey is too smart to trade 3 players and picks.

Nuggets are in a terrible bargaining position.

wow...so glad we have this insider. :oldlol:

NugzFan
08-26-2010, 11:56 PM

glad we have you to tell us whats really going on. :oldlol:

bagelred
08-27-2010, 12:00 AM
It's like a game of chicken between Carmelo and Nuggets. Whoever blinks first.....Nuggets blink if they trade Carmelo for $.30 on the $1, to somewhere Carmelo wants to go. Carmelo blinks if he accepts a trade and contract extension to somewhere he really doesn't want to be.

G-train
08-27-2010, 12:06 AM
ok. because you say so.

ok again.

wow...so glad we have this insider. :oldlol:

You don't need to be an insider. Knowledge of the NBA and basic business principles is whats required.

Your posts from day one have contained ZERO insight.

:facepalm

G-train
08-27-2010, 12:08 AM
glad we have you to tell us whats really going on. :oldlol:

So you should be, I'm one of the few intelligent and knowledgeable posters left in the NBA Forum.

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 12:08 AM
You don't need to be an insider. Knowledge of the NBA and basic business principles is whats required.

Your posts from day one have contained ZERO insight.

:facepalm

the difference is you think you have insider info. or that you know whats going on. :oldlol:

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 12:09 AM
So you should be, I'm one of the few intelligent and knowledgeable posters left in the NBA Forum.

:oldlol: keep em coming.

G-train
08-27-2010, 12:13 AM
the difference is you think you have insider info. or that you know whats going on. :oldlol:

what do you think will happen?

do you think teams are going to trade a star player for Melo when he has one year remaining?

what do you have to offer Nugzfan?

Anything but pathetic one liners? Show the board something for once... give us one post that is worth reading.

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 12:15 AM
what do you think will happen?

do you think teams are going to trade a star player for Melo when he has one year remaining?

what do you have to offer Nugzfan?

Anything but pathetic one liners? Show the board something for once... give us one post that is worth reading.

cant say. but doesnt matter. you wouldnt believe anything i would say anyways...

but thats not the point. its that you think you know whats going on. im enjoying this - knowing the truth and knowing you dont know it.

of course this is exactly what someone would say if they didnt know anything so i understand that. but the truth is i cant say. which is also what someone would say if they did.

so keep your thoughts coming...keep talking like you know. this is fun.

NuggetsFan
08-27-2010, 12:16 AM

So we have to give away AA with Melo to get those guys?. Melo without the extension could probably bring them to Denver byhimself. Why give up AA oh great knowledgable one?.

NuggetsFan
08-27-2010, 12:18 AM
It's like a game of chicken between Carmelo and Nuggets. Whoever blinks first.....Nuggets blink if they trade Carmelo for $.30 on the $1, to somewhere Carmelo wants to go. Carmelo blinks if he accepts a trade and contract extension to somewhere he really doesn't want to be.

Pretty much. Best case for both of them is they sign the extension and then trade him. Melo's going to lose out on cash if he doesn't and it'll help Denver get more value if he does. Plus with all that CBA\potential lock out talk you gotta think Melo wants to get locked in.

G-train
08-27-2010, 12:19 AM
So we have to give away AA with Melo to get those guys?. Melo without the extension could probably bring them to Denver byhimself. Why give up AA oh great knowledgable one?.

Because in the trade I suggested the Knicks will want a SG back if possible, and he is the only one worth having.

NuggetsFan
08-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Because in the trade I suggested the Knicks will want a SG back if possible, and he is the only one worth having.

Ohhhhh so know Denver has to give the Knicks there starting SG :oldlol: . Giving them Melo for Gallo\Chandler isn't enough? :facepalm

You must hate Denver.

G-train
08-27-2010, 12:21 AM
cant say. but doesnt matter. you wouldnt believe anything i would say anyways...

but thats not the point. its that you think you know whats going on. im enjoying this - knowing the truth and knowing you dont know it.

of course this is exactly what someone would say if they didnt know anything so i understand that. but the truth is i cant say. which is also what someone would say if they did.

so keep your thoughts coming...keep talking like you know. this is fun.

:roll: Let me guess you roll in Melo's crew? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Dude your nobody. You can't even form an intelligent opinion.

G-train
08-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Ohhhhh so know Denver has to give the Knicks there starting SG :oldlol: . Giving them Melo for Gallo\Chandler isn't enough? :facepalm

You must hate Denver.

He is a below average starting guard and you get Currys expirer.

Gallinari is going to be a star and Chandler is a good player also.

Who do you think you would get for Melo?

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 12:23 AM
:roll: Let me guess you roll in Melo's crew? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Dude your nobody. You can't even form an intelligent opinion.

again, you dont believe me. i dont believe you. difference is i know the truth and know you are full of shit. :oldlol:

if i could post what i know, i would. not allowed.

btw...pot...kettle...black...

hawkfan
08-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Only way the Nets will get Anthony via trade is if they give up Robin Lopez in a deal, which will never happen.

So the Nets can wait until next summer.

The best deal is Jamal Crawford, Marvin Williams and picks for Carmelo. Do it Denver!

Go Hawks!

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Only way the Nets will get Anthony via trade is if they give up Robin Lopez in a deal, which will never happen.

So the Nets can wait until next summer.

The best deal is Jamal Crawford, Marvin Williams and picks for Carmelo. Do it Denver!

Go Hawks!

we all know thats not happening

hawkfan
08-27-2010, 12:30 AM
we all know thats not happening

What kind of reasonable deal do you think you can get for Anthony?

plowking
08-27-2010, 12:31 AM
I heard he's going to the Heat for Shavlik Randolph.

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 12:33 AM

if we are lucky, gallinari and a pick maybe?

NuggetsFan
08-27-2010, 12:34 AM
He is a below average starting guard and you get Currys expirer.

Gallinari is going to be a star and Chandler is a good player also.

Who do you think you would get for Melo?

He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and was knocking down 3's at a GREAT %. He's on a good contract and he's a younger player. He's not just a "throw in" kinda player. Not just going to lose a player like Affalo when were already giving the Knicks more value than were getting and they'd be more than happy to accept that regardless of what there fans think. Melo for Gallo\Chandler? Seems like a good deal for the Knicks too me.

Depends. A resigned Melo on a 3 year deal? Lots of value. A non resigned Melo is a different story. I'm thinking Houston would accept a Hill\Budinger + picks deal for Melo and that's seems pretty good for me. Getting the extension is key for both parties.

trig
08-27-2010, 12:38 AM

Deng, gibson?

FlashDwyaneWade3
08-27-2010, 01:09 AM
again, you dont believe me. i dont believe you. difference is i know the truth and know you are full of shit. :oldlol:

if i could post what i know, i would. not allowed.

btw...pot...kettle...black...
Even if you do know Melo, maybe he said it so he won't hurt your feelings. He knows you'll cry like a baby. :cry:

NugzFan
08-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Even if you do know Melo, maybe he said it so he won't hurt your feelings. He knows you'll cry like a baby. :cry:

Weak. Try again.

And no I don't know melo himself.

Darius
08-27-2010, 01:18 AM
That's a good piece, but I still don't see Denver making a trade that doesn't have Griffin or Gordon in it.

Gordon, Aminu and Minny 2012 pick for Melo and Afflalo/JR Smith

The 2012 pick is beastly.

It will be a top 5 pick in basically 2 stacked drafts (2011 & 2012) which will have to combine because of the lockout.

That's a superstar pick.

momo
08-27-2010, 03:17 AM
:dancin armelo

That is badass.

~~~

WWWes reminds me of the new ...
http://www.charlierose.com/images_toplevel/content/5/582/segment_5824_460x345.jpg

dab0yech0
08-27-2010, 03:27 AM
Befriend the youth of America. Scout around the playgrounds for whoever has talent and befriend em. Keep in contact, hang out with em for a few years, be a part of their entourage. When they blow up, your gonna get to be an advisor or agent, and eventually control the league.

niko
08-27-2010, 09:15 AM

they'd send you the choking idiot first i'd think, or just say go blow yourself and don't do the trade.

I still think the Knicks have a decent chance because i don't think melo will commit to extension pre trade, and i think that scares a lot of people, but doesn't scare the knicks.

fatboy11
08-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Looks like you're gonna have to disappear from here.
It's possible.

However, you never accepted my proposal. You brushed it off. So, no.

kurple
08-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Melo
Afflalo

for

Curry
Gallinari
Wilson Chandler

What the **** is wrong with you? :roll:

Afflalo >> Chandler

Better defender, and better shooter.

And we can get much more for Melo than Eddy ****ing Curry

kurple
08-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Chase Budinger
Aaron Brooks
Jordan Hill
2011 1st round pick (right to swap w/ Knicks only #1 pick protected)

For

Melo

for

Birdman
Balkman

This is much more like it. I would love for Patterson to be included aswell, but the Rockets FO might be high on him? I would take him over Brooks, since we have Lawson

Maybe 3 team trade it and give Brooks to Charlotte for some picks or something.. Or somewhere else

HylianNightmare
08-27-2010, 12:28 PM
to orlando with chris anderson for vince, ryan anderson, gortat and orton

asd
08-27-2010, 12:32 PM
What the **** is wrong with you? :roll:

Afflalo >> Chandler

Better defender, and better shooter.

And we can get much more for Melo than Eddy ****ing Curry

you must be out of your mind.

Chandler >> Afflalo

Chandler's 6'8
Afflalo's 6'5

Chandler can play as a 6'8 sg
and play the 3

2LeTTeRS
08-27-2010, 01:03 PM
This is much more like it. I would love for Patterson to be included aswell, but the Rockets FO might be high on him? I would take him over Brooks, since we have Lawson

Maybe 3 team trade it and give Brooks to Charlotte for some picks or something.. Or somewhere else

Charlotte would definitely take Brooks on if he was offered. Hell we'd probably take J.R. too, we need scorers bad. What do you think of this deal?

Charlotte
- Aaron Brooks
- J.R. Smith
- Mike Harris
- Renaldo Balkman

Denver
- Erick Dampier's Contract
- Jared Jeffires (expirer)
- Chase Budinger
- Jordan Hill
- CHA 1st round pick
- HOU 1st round pick (option to swap with NY)

Houston
- Melo

This still leaves the Rocket's the $6.3 mil trade exception to make another move. If this trade were to go down we'd love to throw you Augustin or Henderson with Carrol for it.

2LeTTeRS
08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
to orlando with chris anderson for vince, ryan anderson, gortat and orton

That Magic team would be ridiculous. Would love to see J.R. go to Orlando with Melo too, and I think SVG can do as well as anybody with Smith. A team with Melo, Dwight, Shard, Jameer, and Reddick/J.R. would be as good as any in the league.

WhySoInsecure?
08-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Charlotte would definitely take Brooks on if he was offered. Hell we'd probably take J.R. too, we need scorers bad. What do you think of this deal?

This still leaves the Rocket's the $6.3 mil trade exception to make another move. If this trade were to go down we'd love to throw you Augustin or Henderson with Carrol for it.
That's a better offer than Curry/Gallo/Douglas?

2 picks in the teens and Jordan Hill?

MiseryCityTexas
08-27-2010, 03:31 PM

rockets need to at least know the players that they are trading for. who in the hell are these guy you are offering???? year round dnpcds?????? get the hell outta hear.

New York Knicks
08-27-2010, 03:32 PM
It's possible.

However, you never accepted my proposal. You brushed it off. So, no.
Lol. Yes I did. Nice, you're backing out. Expected this. And you still haven't admitted you were wrong. I love the internet.

JordanL
08-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Incidentally, so are first overall draft picks.:hammerhead:

qrich
08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
He's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and was knocking down 3's at a GREAT %. He's on a good contract and he's a younger player. He's not just a "throw in" kinda player. Not just going to lose a player like Affalo when were already giving the Knicks more value than were getting and they'd be more than happy to accept that regardless of what there fans think. Melo for Gallo\Chandler? Seems like a good deal for the Knicks too me.

Depends. A resigned Melo on a 3 year deal? Lots of value. A non resigned Melo is a different story. I'm thinking Houston would accept a Hill\Budinger + picks deal for Melo and that's seems pretty good for me. Getting the extension is key for both parties.

So you'd take that over Kaman, Aminu and the Wolves pick,which is probably going to be in the lottery?

Samurai Swoosh
08-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I really wanna see Anthony in New York or Orlando ... I hate all this mentioning of Houston, New Jersey, etc

HylianNightmare
08-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I really wanna see Anthony in New York or Orlando ... I hate all this mentioning of Houston, New Jersey, etc

i agree with this, even though as a magic fan of course i would llike to have him here:lol, i want to see amare teamed up with another star. it would make the east pretty interesting with the heat, celtics, magic bulls and knicks:cheers:

Samurai Swoosh
08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
i agree with this, even though as a magic fan of course i would llike to have him here:lol, i want to see amare teamed up with another star. it would make the east pretty interesting with the heat, celtics, magic bulls and knicks:cheers:
Melo on the Knicks or Magic would make for some EPIC bouts.

against the Bulls, Celtics, and ESP the Heat (if he's on Orlando)

icewill36
08-27-2010, 04:15 PM

i agree. im from houston but id hate to see melo waste his time here since yao will probably never be able to stay healthy a full season and playoffs.

NuggetsFan
08-27-2010, 04:30 PM
So you'd take that over Kaman, Aminu and the Wolves pick,which is probably going to be in the lottery?

I've heard pretty bad things about Aminu and to be honest Kaman doesn't interest me at all if were rebuilding. Has 2 years left on his deal and is injury prone. Pick is good tho. I'd probably take Houston's deal over it.

Melo on Orlando is the best fit out there. Him and Howard paired together is a great fit.

fatboy11
08-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Lol. Yes I did. Nice, you're backing out. Expected this.Oh really? You did? Where?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187627&page=13

That is the page of the thread in question where I posted the proposition.

The last line I like. But there should be a cutoff point or that bet makes no sense.

That doesn't sound like an agreement to me. You wanted stipulations.

And you still haven't admitted you were wrong. I love the internet.
I'm not wrong. Not yet, anyway.

Looks like Stan Kroenke could prove me wrong, though. But I'm okay with it. I like that an owner is standing up to a player and his team of agents.

jbot
08-27-2010, 04:32 PM
trade him to my Pacers. Denver has been wanting Jeff Foster for a bit anyway.

qrich
08-27-2010, 04:47 PM
I've heard pretty bad things about Aminu and to be honest Kaman doesn't interest me at all if were rebuilding. Has 2 years left on his deal and is injury prone. Pick is good tho. I'd probably take Houston's deal over it.

Melo on Orlando is the best fit out there. Him and Howard paired together is a great fit.

What about Aminu have you heard? All I have ever read is that he's been a workhorse to improve his jumpshot and what else he needs a ton of help on.

About Kaman, swap him to Detroit for Monroe and Tayshaun Prince?

So something like:

Detroit Out: Prince, Monroe
Detroit In: Kaman, Sofoklis Rights

Detroit gets an All-Star Center and the rights to a decent PF prospect.

Denver Out: Melo, Birdman
Denver In: Prince, Aminu, Monroe, Minnesota First

Denver gets a stop gap replacement in Prince to help for the season, a future SF prospect and a future bigman while getting the Wolves pick, which could be really high. Also dump Birdman's lengthy deal.

Clippers Out: Kaman, Aminu, Minnesota First, Sofoklis Rights
Clippers In: Melo, Birdman

Clippers give up two very nice young pieces and an All-Star Center, but get a top 3 SF. Taking on Birdman sucks, but he expires a year after Blake's extension and could play 20 minutes a night with DJ playing the other 28.

NuggetsFan
08-27-2010, 04:52 PM
What about Aminu have you heard? All I have ever read is that he's been a workhorse to improve his jumpshot and what else he needs a ton of help on.

About Kaman, swap him to Detroit for Monroe and Tayshaun Prince?

So something like:

Detroit Out: Prince, Monroe
Detroit In: Kaman, Sofoklis Rights

Detroit gets an All-Star Center and the rights to a decent PF prospect.

Denver Out: Melo, Birdman
Denver In: Prince, Aminu, Monroe, Minnesota First

Denver gets a stop gap replacement in Prince to help for the season, a future SF prospect and a future bigman while getting the Wolves pick, which could be really high. Also dump Birdman's lengthy deal.

Clippers Out: Kaman, Aminu, Minnesota First, Sofoklis Rights
Clippers In: Melo, Birdman

Clippers give up two very nice young pieces and an All-Star Center, but get a top 3 SF. Taking on Birdman sucks, but he expires a year after Blake's extension and could play 20 minutes a night with DJ playing the other 28.

Actually that's not so bad if you could turn around and flip Kaman for some decent pieces wasn't really thinking of that. I heard Aminu was going to be a straight up bust. Can't shot and was a 4 in a 3's body. Not sure how accurate that is tho. It's a solid deal. Leaning towards the Houston one still but this seems better than most.

This speculation is going to kill me. Just want something to happen soon.

Dengness9
08-27-2010, 06:31 PM
If Melo was smart he would be looking to force a deal to the Bulls.

Deng/Gibson/Charlottes 1st round pick???

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

would b toooooooo sick.

qrich
08-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Actually that's not so bad if you could turn around and flip Kaman for some decent pieces wasn't really thinking of that. I heard Aminu was going to be a straight up bust. Can't shot and was a 4 in a 3's body. Not sure how accurate that is tho. It's a solid deal. Leaning towards the Houston one still but this seems better than most.

This speculation is going to kill me. Just want something to happen soon.

What about the Rockets offer is more appealing than Aminu, Monroe, Minnesota First & Prince? Hill seems pretty equal to Monroe, at least in my opinion, and Budinger is better than Aminu but I have to say Aminu has more potential. Sure, the Rockets are giving up two firsts, but with this offer, the Nuggets would still be able to put a competitive team on the court with Billups-Afflalo-Prince-Monroe-Nene and a bench of Lawson-Smith-Aminu-??-Martin.

If Melo was smart he would be looking to force a deal to the Bulls.

Deng/Gibson/Charlottes 1st round pick???

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

would b toooooooo sick.

Why would the Nuggets even consider that? Deng's contract is pretty costly, and no clue if he'll play what he's worth and that first will probably be in the late teens/early 20s. No stud young prospects either, Gibson will just be a solid role player, 12/8 tops.

D-Rose
08-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Sam Amico of NBA.com is reporting that the Nuggets are looking at three teams as destinations for All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony -- the Nets, Kings and Timberwolves.

"Early word around NBA is Nuggets will try to trade Carmelo to 1 of 3 teams: Wolves, Kings, Nets. In other words, careful what you wish for," Amico wrote on his Twitter page.

The New York Post reported on Saturday morning that the Nets are a "legit" suitor for Anthony.

An NBA executive was quoted as saying that New Jersey as the right pieces to acquire the forward.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68888/20100828/nuggets_want_to_deal_carmelo_to_nets_kings_or_wolv es/#ixzz0xwDA3ere

Nets would probably offer picks, fillers, and Favors. LOL Melo on the Wolves would be hilarious. If Sac sent Thompson/Landry as the center pieces and kept Evans/COusins/Melo..then wow.

ukballer
08-28-2010, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE]What

New York Knicks
08-28-2010, 05:42 PM
LOL minny. If Melo doesn't go to a team he wants, he's not signing that extension.

crisoner
08-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Melo to Golden Stats please!!!