Fizdale
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
[quote]MANILA, Philippines - Gary Payton, who played with Shaquille O

icewill36
08-26-2010, 09:16 PM
wade >>>>>> kobe

FormerSunsFan
08-26-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree with Gary, but the last image I remember of Gary Payton is him and Wade yelling at each other in the huddle during those playoffs. Maybe he is still salty. Or maybe he just has some sense.

Wade is not touching Kobe.

rawimpact
08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Interesting, but i don't think many people are going to argue who has the better work ethic.

icewill36
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I agree with Gary, but the last image I remember of Gary Payton is him and Wade yelling at each other in the huddle during those playoffs. Maybe he is still salty. Or maybe he just has some sense.

wade against boston, 33 ppg, 50+ % from the field

try again. wade is flat out better IMO, and if he was on the lakers he would easily win titles. wade shreds the best defenses in the league... kobe? not so much. kobe has been unbelievably fortunate to have been apart of the lakers organization. i swear he would be ringless if he hadn't

Al Thornton
08-26-2010, 09:32 PM
gp is right, kobe's work ethic is far greater. but they both have a strong will to win, and wade puts more into his defense.

G-train
08-26-2010, 09:33 PM

You can say Kobe is better at Wade, but that is inaccurate.

Kobe8
08-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Both have different work ethic... sounds about right

imdaman99
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
You can say Kobe is better at Wade, but that is inaccurate.
Yeah, Wade is a great player. By the time Wade retires, he shouldn't be far at all from Kobe, if not ahead of him. I can see him being the 3rd best SG of all time by the time his careers done.

The_Yearning
08-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Touch Kobe? Wade isn't even sniffing Kobe. I don't even think Wade sees Kobe with a 100x microscope.

PowerGlove
08-26-2010, 09:46 PM
:sleeping

How is this news?:oldlol:

It's clearly obvious that Kobe is the hardest working basketball player in the history of the world and that Wade doesn't even come close to matching the amount of work he puts in. Dude was out of shape the beginning of last season if that isn't enough evidence, then whatever.

Kobe works so hard, vacations are just light workouts.

Samvt
08-26-2010, 09:52 PM
no surprise there. like has been said, kobe has the work ethic. If wade had his work ethic, we'd be discussing him being the GOAT.

HiphopRelated
08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
yet Wade produces better

says something......

ImmortalD24
08-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Wade has a tremendous work ethic from what I remember. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and later on the legend with grow and people will overrate it.

Not saying Kobe's work ethic is overrated btw, It's been well documented even in his early 20's that his work ethic is/ was phenomenal.. but people tend to exaggerate things as time progresses and about a player.

EarlTheGoat
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM

try again. wade is flat out better IMO, and if he was on the lakers he would easily win titles. wade shreds the best defenses in the league... kobe? not so much. kobe has been unbelievably fortunate to have been apart of the lakers organization. i swear he would be ringless if he hadn't

Awful post, its players who make up the legacies for teams and not the opposite. Anyways, I dont want to get this thread into another Kobe vs X debate, its annoying.

Desperado
08-26-2010, 09:58 PM

Well you can't compare Wade's numbers against Boston this year to Kobe's because the Miami series was in the first round while the series against the Lakers was in the Finals. Kobe has had some good performances against top rated defensive teams in his career also but has had his share bad ones, that shouldn't be held against him though because he still willed his team to victory. There is a lot more pressure in the Finals then the 1st round of the playoffs, so you can't coampre a players numbers against a team in the first round to a players numbers against the same team in the Finals. Shit have you seen MJ's numbers against top rated defenses before?

Also every great player that has won championships have been ''fortunate''. It's pointless to say Kobe's rings are only because of playing for the Lakers organization. You can say the same thing for Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq etc.

Fatal9
08-26-2010, 10:00 PM
It's clearly obvious that Kobe is the hardest working basketball player in the history of the world and that Wade doesn't even come close to matching the amount of work he puts in. Dude was out of shape the beginning of last season if that isn't enough evidence, then whatever.

Kobe works so hard, vacations are just light workouts.
Kobe never stops. Even God rested on the seventh day.

catch24
08-26-2010, 10:00 PM
GP pretty much saying what we ALL know. Kobe's work ethic is what makes him a top 3 player at 32.

barbaroi
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM
yet Wade produces better

says something......
Mmhmm :rolleyes:

chazzy
08-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Let's not belittle Wade's work ethic though. The way he recovered from his injuries and tore up the league in 08-09 was impressive.

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Kobe never stops. Even God rested on the seventh day.
:lol

ImmortalD24
08-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Let's not belittle Wade's work ethic though. The way he recovered from his injuries and tore up the league in 08-09 was impressive. Ditto. :cheers:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9946/wadebrandjordans.jpg

So many people wrote him off, yet he came back better than ever.

Meticode
08-26-2010, 10:12 PM

You can say current Wade > current Kobe, but prime Kobe > prime Wade so far.

Meticode
08-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Ditto. :cheers:

:oldlol: Look who's pictured in the background on the poster. :lol

Wukillabeez78
08-26-2010, 10:17 PM

I agree. Cosign x 1000000000000!!!

EarlTheGoat
08-26-2010, 10:23 PM

Like they are doing with Chris Paul. Im so glad the "what have you done for me lately" mentality will come to strike them back.

FormerSunsFan
08-26-2010, 10:30 PM
:oldlol: Look who's pictured in the background on the poster. :lol

his idol and inspiration :bowdown:

icewill36
08-26-2010, 10:45 PM

like prime kobe against the pistons in the finals ???? say what type numbers did wade not even in his prime do against them again ??? roasted them ? oh ok

im sorry but kobe aint ****in with wade

barbaroi
08-26-2010, 10:48 PM
like prime kobe against the pistons in the finals ???? say what type numbers did wade not even in his prime do against them again ??? roasted them ? oh ok

Wade put up 10.8 ppg against the 04 pistons. I don't think that qualifies as roasting them...

crosso√er
08-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Basketball player's endowment goes beyond the statistical inferences...

Bigsmoke
08-26-2010, 11:06 PM
the funny thing is that Wade was better in 2006 than Kobe in 2004. :lol

KenneBell
08-26-2010, 11:12 PM
But not better than Kobe in 2003. Hmmm...

gts
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM

funny kobe was better in 2006 than wade has ever been

Bring-Your-Js
08-26-2010, 11:14 PM
kobe 4 straight 50+ pt games > wade's career total

deeznut
08-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Did you know how good pistons was that year? their defend was 1 of the best all the time

BallsOut
08-26-2010, 11:18 PM

Isn't that Kobe in the back? :roll:

Bring-Your-Js
08-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Isn't that Kobe in the back? :roll:

ImmortalD24 is clowning a lot of people

Bladers
08-26-2010, 11:26 PM
Dwayne wade has only averaged 28 or more points ONE TIME in his entire career.

Kobe has averaged 28 or more six times..
:roll: @ Wade being better.

KenneBell
08-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Dwayne wade has only scored 28 or more points ONE TIME in his entire career.

Kobe has scored 28 or more six times..
:confusedshrug:

EDIT: You've meant averaged.

ImmortalD24
08-26-2010, 11:28 PM
ImmortalD24 is clowning a lot of people
:confusedshrug: How so?

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Dwayne wade has only scored 28 or more points ONE TIME in his entire career.

Kobe has scored 28 or more six times..
glad ur bringing some good strong facts to the table.:cheers:

RazorBaLade
08-26-2010, 11:38 PM
wow no one can say kb fans are by far the worst after this thread. look at some of these people... dude needed a coloring book for his birthday not a computer

Bladers
08-26-2010, 11:44 PM
glad ur bringing some good strong facts to the table.:cheers:

Yep wade has only averaged 28 or more, ONCE. While Kobe has 6 times and counting...

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Yep wade has only averaged 28 or more, ONCE. While Kobe has 6 times and counting...
not only that, but wade is ony like 2 or 3 years younger than kobe....so it's not like he has a super long time to show up the mamba.

Bladers
08-26-2010, 11:55 PM
not only that, but wade is ony like 2 or 3 years younger than kobe....so it's not like he has a super long time to show up the mamba.

Not only that, he is now playing with Lebron, which cancels any open window he once had. Though technically, he never had one. :oldlol:

Kobe 4 The Win
08-27-2010, 12:20 AM
GP pretty much saying what we ALL know. Kobe's work ethic is what makes him a top 3 player at 32.

It also confirms the gut feeling I had about Wade. I think he is a great talent but there has always been something about that dude I didn't like. In my opinion Kobe comes off as supremely confident, like Jordan. Wade comes off like an arrogant douche, like Lebron.

What was that thing where he was using a colored band-aids on his face as some kind of a fashion statement? He seems obsessed with how he looks and his clothes like a woman. Which is funny because he's ugly as sin and he ain't gonna look cool rocking those ugly ass Jordans with the big round window on the side.

macpierce
08-27-2010, 12:38 AM
lets compare number of 40 point and 50 point and 60 point games for fun guys :roll:

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 01:00 AM
lets compare number of 40 point and 50 point and 60 point games for fun guys :roll:

Actually ive seen this recently on different forums.

Something like kobe had 27 40+ point games in a season. Wade 28 for his career.

Kobe 50+ in four straight games, wade 3 career total.

HiphopRelated
08-27-2010, 01:18 AM
how many double digit assist games does Kobe have compared to Wade?

Wade 74

Kobe 65

macpierce
08-27-2010, 01:47 AM
so kobe is a better scorer while wade is a better assist guy.......
OK I'll live with that :roll:

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 01:50 AM
What ever comparisons Wade had with Kobe is over when he went and recruited Lebron James to his team.

Lebron>>>>>>>>>>Pau

barbaroi
08-27-2010, 01:50 AM
how many double digit assist games does Kobe have compared to Wade?

Wade 74

Kobe 65
How many seasons of 4+ turnovers?
Kobe 1 (out of 14 seasons played)
Wade 3 (out of 7 seasons played)

How many playoff runs of 4+ turnovers?
Kobe 2 (out of 13)
Wade 4 (out of 6), including twice of 5+

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 01:51 AM
In all seriousness, Wade is a lethal player. He probably won't acquire Kobe's full skill set but it's a fallacy to say he's not improved his shooting. Depending on what defenses decide to do with Miami, he's likely to see a lot more isolation for the next six years.

Grinder
08-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Wade's better in my opinion. Payton doesn't say who's better, he just says he thinks Kobe has a better work ethic, which most would agree with...

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Wade's better in my opinion. Payton doesn't say who's better, he just says he thinks Kobe has a better work ethic, which most would agree with...

Its to difficult to keep wade in front of you, even when kobe is determined and motivated. He's a sick player for sure.. Really improved both shooting and defensively the last few years.

I still dont think he's any match for kobe in the low post tho. Games are always great to watch and they have similar numbers head to head.
:cheers:

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 04:44 AM

Greatest picture of all time?

Go Getter
08-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Gary is still salty that Wade cussed him out in the Finals.

I mean cussed him out GOOD.

How can anyone here say that Kobe has a better work ethic than D. Wade unless they are an insider?

Go Getter
08-27-2010, 04:52 AM

But how would they know without actually seeing with their own eyes?

Seems like Wade puts in MUCH work in the weight room and is buffer than Kobe just from eye sight.

All Net
08-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Kobe's work ethic is nuts, guy is in the gym most mornings by 5am and is in there a long ass time. I get the impression Wade is very laid back when it comes to working out.

Go Getter
08-27-2010, 06:07 AM
Kobe's work ethic is nuts, guy is in the gym most mornings by 5am and is in there a long ass time. I get the impression Wade is very laid back when it comes to working out.

And that's why he's probably the most intimidating guard in the NBA besides Corey Maggette?

All Net
08-27-2010, 06:09 AM
And that's why he's probably the most intimidating guard in the NBA besides Corey Maggette?

Intimidating? really? anybody who does come into training camp abit fat and out of shape It really is hard to take their work ethic too seriously. Not saying Wade doesn't workout hard now but his work ethic has always been abit iffy at times.

Go Getter
08-27-2010, 07:01 AM
Intimidating? really? anybody who does come into training camp abit fat and out of shape It really is hard to take their work ethic too seriously. Not saying Wade doesn't workout hard now but his work ethic has always been abit iffy at times.
Physically D. Wade is a monster....When he goes to the hole it is a bit intimidating just like Corey M.

Proof, other than your opinion that he came to camp a bit fat?

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 07:11 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Wade is always out of shape when season starts. :facepalm

He gets it going months into the season.

All Net
08-27-2010, 07:11 AM
Physically D. Wade is a monster....When he goes to the hole it is a bit intimidating just like Corey M.

Proof, other than your opinion that he came to camp a bit fat?

Not saying Wade isn't very good physically thats what is game is based on. Getting to the rim. I'm basing my opinion from a few seasons ago when he did come into camp abit out of shape. He started last season poorly and watching him play he struggled and that might of had something to do with his game shape. He has the past few seasons started the season off not as good as he should and that to me is down to lack of fitness.

Go Getter
08-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Not saying Wade isn't very good physically thats what is game is based on. Getting to the rim. I'm basing my opinion from a few seasons ago when he did come into camp abit out of shape. He started last season poorly and watching him play he struggled and that might of had something to do with his game shape. He has the past few seasons started the season off not as good as he should and that to me is down to lack of fitness.

Still, I see no proof.

Sometimes players rest their bodies during the summer to heal injuries and they put on weight.

How can you lift when you have a messed up shoulder and a bum knee [for example]

All Net
08-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Still, I see no proof.

Sometimes players rest their bodies during the summer to heal injuries and they put on weight.

How can you lift when you have a messed up shoulder and a bum knee [for example]

I'm not stating what I'm stating based on facts, purely opinion and what I have seen the past few seasons of watching him play. To start the season Wade doesn't look anywhere near as fit as he should after a couple of months in.

You also don't need to lift weights to keep in great shape. There are plenty of other ways to keep in shape

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 07:17 AM
[quote]

Miami Heat president Pat Riley told The Miami Herald Wednesday that he plans to address some concerns about Dwyane Wade

step_back
08-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Wade definately has a strong work ethic, you don't become a top 5 player in the NBA and an all star every year by not giving it a 100%.

The difference I see is kobe can be more effective in scoring, one minute he is spliting the double team the next he could come off a screen. He doesn't need to rely on athleticism, he can post up, shoot the jump shot from anywhere on the floor and still go to the basket when he gets an open lane.

this is what seperates Kobe from all the other stars in the league, his versatility to score is unbelieveable.

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 07:21 AM
More proof that Wade doesn't have great work ethic.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/britt_robson/12/22/wade.riley/index.html

I have destroyed this thread with my last 2 posts.

jrong
08-27-2010, 08:43 AM
I expect Wade, James, and Bosh will all come into camp in the best shape of their careers. These guys are too motivated, and there is no way they will let each other slack off.

plowking
08-27-2010, 08:52 AM
I love it.

When Kobe comes to camp bigger, he's buffing up, when Wade does, he let himself go and is fat.

Wade in 08-09 (his best individual season) was at the heaviest he had ever been in terms of playing weight. So in 09-10, who's to say he didn't think maybe a little more weight would further help?

I love how people are so quick to dismiss everything.

Rhyen
08-27-2010, 09:03 AM
I expect Wade, James, and Bosh will all come into camp in the best shape of their careers. These guys are too motivated, and there is no way they will let each other slack off.

Circle J*rking really keeps the arms strong

2LeTTeRS
08-27-2010, 09:05 AM
More proof that Wade doesn't have great work ethic.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/britt_robson/12/22/wade.riley/index.html

I have destroyed this thread with my last 2 posts.

Did you read the article you quoted? It basically ripped Riley for even questioning Wade's work ethic, and said Wade was performing an elite level while he was slumping. How does that destroy the thread?

PurpleChuck
08-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Did you read the article you quoted? It basically ripped Riley for even questioning Wade's work ethic, and said Wade was performing an elite level while he was slumping. How does that destroy the thread?

Haha he linked an article with the heading, "Wade the least of Heat's problems"

Fail...:facepalm

Bigsmoke
08-27-2010, 10:09 AM

Payton wasnt on the Lakers that season.

I'm saying that Wade was better than Kobe at the time when Payton was teaming up with those guys.

jrong
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Wade in 08-09 (his best individual season) was at the heaviest he had ever been in terms of playing weight. So in 09-10, who's to say he didn't think maybe a little more weight would further help?

That's true. But (and I know stats don't bear this out) honestly once he got into shape last year, he was even better than in 09 (the only thing lacking was that his jumpshot didn't get back from vacation until March). His quickness and athleticism were verging on a return to pre-surgery levels which I never thought we would see again. So, I hope he stays at his 2010 weight and size for the rest of his career.

The_Yearning
08-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Too bad Wade has lost his handle on the ball ever since getting fat. No wonder he called LBJ down to MIA to take over the PG reigns. Can't do it alone can you D-Wade? SmH

Ikill
08-27-2010, 10:41 AM
Paul Perice is fat

Allstar24
08-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't care about Gary Payton's opinion...Kobe is better, I don't need him to tell me that.

PowerGlove
08-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't care about Gary Payton's opinion...Kobe is better, I don't need him to tell me that.
Obviously, we all know you have it embroidered in your pillow cases.

plowking
08-27-2010, 11:53 AM
:oldlol:

Allstar24
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I see that you're not funny anymore.

LA_Showtime
08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Cool. I thought Payton would kill Kobe in the article. Never got the vibe that he and Kobe got along during their time as Lakers.

DKLaker
08-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Touch Kobe? Wade isn't even sniffing Kobe. I don't even think Wade sees Kobe with a 100x microscope.

:oldlol: :cheers: :oldlol:

okayabc123
08-27-2010, 12:33 PM
I think at this point, there is one thing you can hate Kobe for, and that is his work ethic.

The comparison with Kobe to Wade, Lebron, Jordan will never end. And it's easy to pull up numbers and idiot opinions on who is better. But can you really hate Kobe for his passion for the game?

plowking
08-27-2010, 12:36 PM

You just said Kobe is extremely tiny dumbass. :oldlol:

The word you're looking for is 'telescope'. :oldlol:

Jordan-esque
08-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Not surprising.

crosso√er
08-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Gary is still salty that Wade cussed him out in the Finals.

I mean cussed him out GOOD.

How can anyone here say that Kobe has a better work ethic than D. Wade unless they are an insider?

Kobe's peers continuously mention his intense work ethic and dedication to the game; not only on the practice court but on the chalk board. That's the most reliable insider to me.

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I laugh @ those who say the 'Old Guard' give Bryant these compliments because they're "doing it for the league"

BULLSHIT.

if that was truly the matter, you wouldn't of had three of the most relevant players in History slam a entering-peak LeBron James.

Kobe has grown up. Time for some people to do the same.

Ikill
08-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I laugh @ those who say the 'Old Guard' give Bryant these compliments because they're "doing it for the league"

BULLSHIT.

if that was truly the matter, you wouldn't of had three of the most relevant players in History slam a entering-peak LeBron James.

Kobe has grown up. Time for some people to do the same.
What are you talking about

wang4three
08-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I heard Kobe trained himself to do pushups while he sleeps.

Jordan-esque
08-27-2010, 01:18 PM
No reason to be surprised.

Everyone's too pre-occupied about LeBron's "LIST" and "mental notes", but Kobe's own "LIST" just got a little longer:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1044245

Added:
- Gary Payton

Along with:
- Dwight Howard
- Kevin Durant
- Caron Butler
- Deron Williams
- Trevor Ariza
- Ron Artest
- Laron Profit
- John Celestand
- Ronny Turiaf
- Robert Horry
- USA Basketball

P.S.
- Hakeem Olajuwon just dropped by too :)

Jordan-esque
08-27-2010, 01:21 PM
^ That could somewhat be an actual NBA roster complete with a coaching staff :pimp:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-27-2010, 01:55 PM
^ That could somewhat be an actual NBA roster complete with a coaching staff :pimp:
team kobe

Jordan-esque
08-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Team Kobe
Team LeBron's Mental Notes List line-up is insane though!

- Michael Jordan
- Magic Johnson
- Larry Bird
- Charles Barkley
- Karl Malone
- Dennis Rodman

SinJackal
08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Work ethic is overrated. You don't need to work as hard if you're naturally talented. If Player A puts up the same stats/performance as Player B while "working on it" half as much, he shouldn't be looked down on for not working as hard.

chazzy
08-27-2010, 02:25 PM
But how would they know without actually seeing with their own eyes?
Payton played with both of them

Seems like Wade puts in MUCH work in the weight room and is buffer than Kobe just from eye sight.
Having bigger muscles =/= better work ethic :oldlol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
08-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Work ethic is overrated. You don't need to work as hard if you're naturally talented. If Player A puts up the same stats/performance as Player B while "working on it" half as much, he shouldn't be looked down on for not working as hard.
yeah perfect example..kobe vs iverson

Mor'Fiyah
08-27-2010, 02:31 PM

Of course not... until the legs start to go and the spring just isn't as springy anymore and all those days of relying on just your athleticism decides to bite you in the butt.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-27-2010, 02:46 PM
The Glove was so good in his prime. Man was that guy amazing could score on you had an outside shot, could rebound pass lock you down. Easily the most complete point guard ever. Gave you 24/7/9 in his prime while getting 2 steals and locking the best player down. In OJ Mayo I see some Gary Payton in him. What a talent.

The_Yearning
08-27-2010, 02:47 PM
The Glove was so good in his prime. Man was that guy amazing could score on you had an outside shot, could rebound pass lock you down. Easily the most complete point guard ever. Gave you 24/7/9 in his prime while getting 2 steals and locking the best player down. In OJ Mayo I see some Gary Payton in him. What a talent.

They are both black and can't speak coherently is the only similarities.

Kobe 4 The Win
08-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Wrong.

tpols
08-27-2010, 04:48 PM
LOL work ethic is what separates the winners from the losers. Stats don't mean shit without rings.

KOLBCTEW
08-27-2010, 05:03 PM
LOL work ethic is what separates the winners from the losers.Mmm.. doesn't seem to bother Shaq.

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Mmm.. doesn't seem to bother Shaq.

...because he had the luxury to play with a top 5 player of all time.

MasterDurant24
08-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Who?

Samurai Swoosh
08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
They are both black and can't speak coherently is the only similarities.
Mayo is actually fairly articulate.

KOLBCTEW
08-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Heh, top 5...
I thought Kobe was generally considered the sidekick during those runs.

barbaroi
08-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Heh, top 5...
I thought Kobe was generally considered the sidekick during those runs.
Kobe's run as a "sidekick" in 01 was better than Wade's run as "the man" in 06 :confusedshrug: .

Kobe in 01 - 29/7/6 3TO
Wade in 06 - 28/6/6 4TO

crisoner
08-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Work ethic is overrated.

You need to stop right there dude.....I think you need a reality check.
Do you still believe in the tooth fairy and santa clause as well?

TheLogo
08-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Kobe's run as a "sidekick" in 01 was better than Wade's run as "the man" in 06 :confusedshrug: .

Kobe in 01 - 29/7/6 3TO
Wade in 06 - 28/6/6 4TO

PWNED.

I love when kids try to argue with Laker or long term fans, who actually remember those Kobe classic games.

"What have you done for me lately" generation don't get it.

:facepalm

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 05:17 PM
You need to stop right there dude.....I think you need a reality check.
Do you still believe in the tooth fairy and santa clause as well?

Spoken like a true... well, I'm not going to get into it.

Silly Post though IMO.

Fatal9
08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
- Hakeem Olajuwon[/B] just dropped by too :)
I remember that game too. Hakeem was in the crowd, flew from out of the country to come check Kobe play. Kobe deliberately began using a variety of post moves in that game, even though it didn't make sense to do it with a bigger Battier defending him. At the end Kobe ended up torching the Rockets from the post, dropped 40 pts and won the game with clutch shots. Think about the level of greatness you need to drop 40 on one of the best defenders in the game, just because you felt like showing off a specific skillset to someone in the crowd.

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 05:24 PM
I remember that game too. Hakeem was in the crowd, flew from out of the country to come check Kobe play. Kobe deliberately began using a variety of post moves in that game, even though it didn't make sense to do it with a bigger Battier defending him. At the end Kobe ended up torching the Rockets from the post, dropped 40 pts and won the game with clutch shots. Think about the level of greatness you need to drop 40 on one of the best defenders in the game, just because you felt like showing off a specific skillset to someone in the crowd.

It's stupid ridiculous.

Kobe is the most skilled player I've ever seen. Not saying the greatest, best or even most dominant.

His ability to keep pace with guys that have HALF his mileage using every knife in his arsenal is beyond filthy to me. These young dudes are nothing to play with from athletic level. Kobe, and how he gets his on a nightly basis just strikes me as far more impressive.

DatWasNashty
08-27-2010, 05:25 PM
:roll:

Wow.

crisoner
08-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Spoken like a true... well, I'm not going to get into it.

Silly Post though IMO.

True what?

This dude just said work ethic is overrated.
Only a ignorant 12 year old kid would say something like that. Hence the tooth fairy reference. Are you trying to back his statement up? Are you that dumb as well?

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 05:32 PM
True what?

This dude just said work ethic is overrated.
Only a ignorant 12 year old kid would say something like that. Hence the tooth fairy reference. Are you trying to back his statement up? Are you that dumb as well?

LMAO.

No, I was expanding on what you said regarding his post. Simply didn't remember ISH doesn't multi-quote, hence it appeared the way you interpreted it. :cheers:

thejumpa
08-27-2010, 05:38 PM
I have my reasons for never liking Kobe, but you can't help but admire and respect the guys work ethic or determination to be the greatest. I'm still not wearing any of his track/basketball hybrids, though.

KOLBCTEW
08-27-2010, 05:40 PM

Kobe in 01 - 29/7/6 3TO
Wade in 06 - 28/6/6 4TO
Oh... with Kobe shooting 46.9% and Wade shooting 49.7% and having more than double the steals and blocks.

And then of course there's Shaq who averaged 30.1 ppg and 15.4 rebounds in 01 with Kobe while with Wade only 18.3 ppg and 9.8 rebounds.

...Huh.
PWNED.

I love when kids try to argue with Laker or long term fans, who actually remember those Kobe classic games.

"What have you done for me lately" generation don't get it.

:facepalm
Meh.. seems like Wade got the short end of the stick to me.

Jacks3
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Wukillabeez78
08-27-2010, 06:06 PM

Mayo is nothing like Payton. Gary was a playmaker who could still score. Mayo is not a playmaker. He doesn't set up his teammates well. Mayo plays with a great transition and half-court finisher in Rudy Gay and he averages 3 assists a game for his career. Do you know how many assists Gary Payton would average a game playing with a finisher like Gay? We do know, he played with Shawn Kemp and averaged over 8 assists a game setting him up in addition to scoring over 20 pts a game himself. Let me know when Mayo can do this.

Gary played lockdown defense and made things tough for larger shooting guards (even though he was a point guard) like Jordan and Drexler. Mayo gets destroyed when he goes up against players like Brandon Roy, Kobe Bryant, etc... Mayo is no where close to Payton defensively or offensively. Mayo has talent, just not as much as Gary Payton. Mayo doesn't have the demeanor and aggresiveness Payton and other team leaders like Jordan, Kobe and others have.

Jasper
08-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Slow news week so figured to make a thread, but what yall think???
It appears some athlete's don't have to work as hard to be successful on the court.
-----------------
Shaq , Kobe , glove , Mailman (the big 4) didn't get it done ... so it really doesn't matter if we call it the big 3 or 2.5 or whatever ...

Papaya Petee
08-27-2010, 08:32 PM
funny Wade was better in 2008-2009 then Kobe has ever been

tpols
08-27-2010, 08:42 PM
funny Wade was better in 2008-2009 then Kobe has ever been
2008-09 Wade:30/7.5/5 TS 57.4%
2005-06 Kobe:35/4.5/5.3 TS 55.9%

Playoffs (for those years)
Wade: 29/5/5 TS 56.5%
Kobe:28/6/5 TS 58.7%

Kobe outscored him, outplayed him, was a more efficient scorer in the playoffs, and had more historic performances, clutch shots:confusedshrug:

Also, for the defensive side of the ball. Kobe got the nod over wade and was 1st team defense for SGs and wade was second team.

So, even though they were close offensively, the margin on defense makes it clear who was better.

hawkfan
08-27-2010, 08:45 PM
How about Gary Payton giving back that ring he won with the Heat due to Wade's play?

What an absolute faker.

Papaya Petee
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
2008-09 Wade:30/7.5/5 TS 57.4%
2005-06 Kobe:35/4.5/5.3 TS 55.9%

Playoffs (for those years)
Wade: 29/5/5 TS 56.5%
Kobe:28/6/5 TS 58.7%

Kobe outscored him, outplayed him, was a more efficient scorer in the playoffs, and had more historic performances, clutch shots:confusedshrug:

Hilarious how you use TS%.

How can you possibly say outplayed him, when one played in 2005-2006 and one played in 2008-2009? So Wade went back in time or Kobe went to the future and they played each other?

How can you prove that he was more clutch? Wade won 6 games for the Heat last year with his defensive clutchness, and he hit 2 game winners on the offensive end. Not counting all the huge plays with under 2 minutes left.

You also forgot to mention that Wade finished 3rd in DPOY and Kobe only 5th.

You also forgot that Wade averaged 2.1 SPG and 1.3 BPG while Kobe only averaged 1.8 SPG and .4 BPG, Wade was called by some the GOAT shooting guard shot blocker.

Wade finished 3rd in MVP Kobe only 4th.

Both lost in 7 games to the first round, and put up almost identical numbers, so you have no argument on saying that Kobe was better in the playoffs.

Wade averaged only 30.2 PPG to Kobes 35.4 PPG, but he was much more efficient. 49% FG to 45% FG. He was also a much better playmaker. 7.5 APG to 4.5 APG. Kobe averaged .3 RPG more, but Wade had .1 more offensive rebounds per game, so once again, a tie.

You can argue it any way you want, I consider Wade slightly better.

tpols
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Hilarious how you use TS%.

How can you possibly say outplayed him, when one played in 2005-2006 and one played in 2008-2009? So Wade went back in time or Kobe went to the future and they played each other?

How can you prove that he was more clutch? Wade won 6 games for the Heat last year with his defensive clutchness, and he hit 2 game winners on the offensive end. Not counting all the huge plays with under 2 minutes left.

You also forgot to mention that Wade finished 3rd in DPOY and Kobe only 5th.

You also forgot that Wade averaged 2.1 SPG and 1.3 BPG while Kobe only averaged 1.8 SPG and .4 BPG, Wade was called by some the GOAT shooting guard shot blocker.

Wade finished 3rd in MVP Kobe only 4th.

Both lost in 7 games to the first round, and put up almost identical numbers, so you have no argument on saying that Kobe was better in the playoffs.

Wade averaged only 30.2 PPG to Kobes 35.4 PPG, but he was much more efficient. 49% FG to 45% FG. He was also a much better playmaker. 7.5 APG to 4.5 APG. Kobe averaged .3 RPG more, but Wade had .1 more offensive rebounds per game, so once again, a tie.

You can argue it any way you want, I consider Wade slightly better.
If you factor in 3pt shooting and ft shooting kobe was only a percentage point behind him in the regular season and was actually more efficient in the playoffs.

Reread my post. I edited it. Kobe actually got the nod over wade for 1st team all defense at the SG spot and wade got second place. Thats about as close as it'll get to telling you who was the better defensive player and kobe's offensive numbers were superior as well.

The fact that he had so many memorable games where he went off on tears and was incredibly clutch, combined with his much higher scoring volume/better rebounding and, as voted by the people around him, won the first spot on the all defensive team over wade makes his season the better one.

tpols
08-27-2010, 09:03 PM
^Wade has had one 28+ ppg season to kobe's 5. Kobe has the higher peak by a good margin. Kobe has way more playoff success. If it wasn' for the mavs choke job and 6 games in 2007 wade would be a mere footnote and a laughing stock next to kobe.

Jacks3
08-27-2010, 09:20 PM
03 Kobe>09 Wade
06 Kobe>09 Wade
01 Kobe>=09 Wade
07 Kobe>09 Wade
08 Kobe>09 Wade

That's 5 seasons alone better than Wade's best. :oldlol:

Bring-Your-Js
08-27-2010, 09:36 PM
03 Kobe>09 Wade
06 Kobe>09 Wade
01 Kobe>=09 Wade
07 Kobe>09 Wade
08 Kobe>09 Wade

That's 5 seasons alone better than Wade's best. :oldlol:

Jacks, this is just getting ridiculous. I don't know how many times we've got to go over it.

It's like this regarding the numbers: When Kobe has played on 'good teams' i.e. 2000-04 and 08-10, his numbers are equal to or better than Wade on a bad team, meaning Wade has the opportunity to go off for whatever he'd like offensively or otherwise. However, when Kobe's been in Wade's position team-wise the last few seasons, what did we see? Nuclear Offensive Warfare.

So now that Wade is playing with the most talent in the NBA, he'll have better numbers than Kobe who was already >= Wade even with good teammates?

NO!

SinJackal
08-27-2010, 10:51 PM
In reply to the people who were crying about what I said:

My point was, if one player spend 6 hours a day training, and working on his shot, as opposed to another player spending half the time (i.e., three hours) doing the same things, and yet both produce the same level of play, the player who "worked harder" is not any more special than the other guy.

And I also said performance, not just stats, to specifically avoid some of the replies that obviously came anyway. So, I wasn't saying players who don't work at all are "cool". I was saying, a player who doesn't work all day long on his game, and yet produces the exact same as a guy who does. . .isn't somehow a lesser player. The emphasis on total volume of work time for athletes is what I was saying was overrated. Not working period. Obviously they have to work to stay good.

You guys have really poor reading comprehension skills.

tpols
08-27-2010, 10:57 PM
In reply to the people who were crying about what I said:

My point was, if one player spend 6 hours a day training, and working on his shot, as opposed to another player spending half the time (i.e., three hours) doing the same things, and yet both produce the same level of play, the player who "worked harder" is not any more special than the other guy.

And I also said performance, not just stats, to specifically avoid some of the replies that obviously came anyway. So, I wasn't saying players who don't work at all are "cool". I was saying, a player who doesn't work all day long on his game, and yet produces the exact same as a guy who does. . .isn't somehow a lesser player. The emphasis on total volume of work time for athletes is what I was saying was overrated. Not working period. Obviously they have to work to stay good.

You guys have really poor reading comprehension skills.
If you look at the greatest players to play the game, guys who dominated the league during their eras, they worked harder than anyone else to get to that point.

Obviously if a person has a huge physical advantage on someone else they will play better regardless of if they spend less time in the gym, but when you reach the level of the nba the margin of room between the all stars in terms of athleticism is very slim. Work ethic puts people over the top. What do you think separated michael jordan from dominique wilkins or charles barkley, two guys that had just as many physical advantages as him? What do you think separated kobe from vince carter, AI, and tmac? What do you think separated bird and magic from the pack? What do you think separated duncan from from the rest of the power forwards of the 00s? These guys all had incredible skills developed from their work ethics.

Nobler
08-28-2010, 06:55 AM
How the hell does this always degenerate into player x vs player y? A thread about GPS comments on the big 3 spirals into wade vs kobe 500000. And icewill gtfo here with your weak ass arguements. I like Wade too but better than Kobe? CMON MAN

amfirst
08-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Gary Payton is basically saying, Kobe >> Wade but doesn't want to flat out say it to piss off Wade. :lol

amfirst
08-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Personally, I would like to see what wade can do with a team like

Smush
Luke
LO
Kwame

I know for a fact Wade would be shut down from game to game because no one will be guarding those guys and invest time in trapping him. LO is the only decent player, but he won't score only rebound and defer. :lol

Ikill
08-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Smush
Luke
LO
Kwame

I know for a fact Wade would be shut down from game to game because no one will be guarding those guys and invest time in trapping him. LO is the only decent player, but he won't score only rebound and defer. :lol
Wades team was just as bad JO and Kwame LO and Haslem smush and arroyo Beasley and Luke and Wades teams won more games with higher seeds

ILLsmak
08-28-2010, 11:38 AM

Smush
Luke
LO
Kwame

Did you forget about the Heat last year...?

-Smak

amfirst
08-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Did you forget about the Heat last year...?

-Smak

Hahah wade's team last year is nothing like the 2006 lakers. JO can give Bynum and Gasol trouble from what I saw, Haslem mid shot is butter, and the Heats guards can bomb crazy threes like the win against the 2010 Lakers. 2006 Lakers can never do such things. :lol

And the year Wade had Smush, they won like what 11 games? :lol

NBASTATMAN
08-28-2010, 03:02 PM
yet Wade produces better

says something......

Imagine if Wade had Kobe or even Lebron's work ethic... Too bad Wade is at the clubs more than he is at the gym... :(

HiphopRelated
08-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Hahah wade's team last year is nothing like the 2006 lakers. JO can give Bynum and Gasol trouble from what I saw, Haslem mid shot is butter, and the Heats guards can bomb crazy threes like the win against the 2010 Lakers. 2006 Lakers can never do such things. :lol

And the year Wade had Smush, they won like what 11 games? :lol
LO put up 20/10 vs the suns

The Heat's frontcourt probably combined for 20/10 in the playoffs