PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio can't score

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 04:02 PM
All this guy can do is pass, he can't shoot, he can't penetrate, he can't score.

It's delicious watching Rubio completely useless in the final minutes of the game.

And there were people comparing him to Steve Nash and Pistol Pete, LOL.

Yung D-Will
08-31-2010, 04:05 PM
All this guy can do is pass, he can't shoot, he can't penetrate, he can't score.

It's delicious watching Rubio completely useless in the final minutes of the game.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

InspiredLebowski
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
And he's younger than John Wall. I know it's because of the insane amount of hype, but people forget how damn young this kid STILL is.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:07 PM

This just now donned on you? How many times did I tell this forum he is OVERRATED. The most overrated player in the HISTORY of Europe.

How many times does it have to be said here before people grasp it?

Sakkreth
08-31-2010, 04:07 PM
Well he got outplayed by underrated Kalnietis today.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 04:08 PM
And he's younger than John Wall. I know it's because of the insane amount of hype, but people forget how damn young this kid STILL is.

And he sure as hell isn't going to improve dramatically if he keeps hiding in Europe.

Yung D-Will
08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
And he sure as hell isn't going to improve dramatically if he keeps hiding in Europe.

So players can't improve playing international ball O god.
You crack me up :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Well he got outplayed by underrated Kalnietis today.

Rubio is the most overrated player of all time from Europe and maybe in the history of the world. Eventually all these idiotic NBA fans will grasp that.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:10 PM

Actually he will get much better in Europe than the NBA. Notice how he almost ONLY plays decent against the US? The US has the worst defending guards of any team in the world.

His game would never advance in the NBA.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 04:11 PM
So players can't improve playing international ball O god.
You crack me up :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I said improve dramatically, learn to read.

Yung D-Will
08-31-2010, 04:12 PM

O I'm sorry

So players can't improve dramatically overseas :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

barbaroi
08-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Actually he will get much better in Europe than the NBA. Notice how he almost ONLY plays decent against the US? The US has the worst defending guards of any team in the world.

His game would never advance in the NBA.
:oldlol: So people don't improve in the NBA? That's just as retarded as saying players can't improve in Europe.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:14 PM

In the NBA not one guard in the entire league can play defense. As you can see, Rubio has no problem scoring and passing on the ***** defense of NBA players.

Against European defenses he has always sucked because they actually play defense and without skills on offense you will struggle against that.

Rubio is the perfect NBA player. All flash, no substance. All hype, no ability. He will be the golden boy of $tern for years to come.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:17 PM
:oldlol: So people don't improve in the NBA? That's just as retarded as saying players can't improve in Europe.

I said Rubio won't improve in the NBA. I am talking about Rubio and not "players". Besides, in the no hand check zero defense, ***** NBA league Rubio will do whatever he wants. And if you look at him wrong he will shoot free throws.

In the Euroleague or FIBA, where real basketball is played, and not a fake entertainment show (NBA), he will continue to be the scrub that he really is. But he would get better playing there against actual competition, and not fake competition like the NBA. But it won't matter, because he will become another fake manufactured NBA "star" the second he hits the NBA.

Yung D-Will
08-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Lol people can improve in the college game, Nba game or international game.

You improve based on how hard you work.

bokes15
He can definitely score, but what I see out of him (at least early on) is a lot of flash and not a lot of substance.

jbryan1984
Don't forget, the same person who drafted the kid think's Darko Milicic is going to be a superstar and compared Darko's career to C-Webb's in Chris Webber's face.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:19 PM
In the NBA not one guard in the entire league can play defense. As you can see, Rubio has no problem scoring and passing on the ***** defense of NBA players.

Against European defenses he has always sucked because they actually play defense and without skills on offense you will struggle against that.

Rubio is the perfect NBA player. All flash, no substance, all hype, no ability. He will be the golden boy of $tern for years to come.
Is this a joke? Not one guard in the entire leauge can play defense? Dwayne Wade? Kobe Bryant? Selfolosha? Rondo? Paul? What the hell are you talking about?

TAZORAC
08-31-2010, 04:19 PM

he's younger then john wall? he must have been playing international ball when he was like 15 then

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:21 PM
He can definitely score, but what I see out of him (at least early on) is a lot of flash and not a lot of substance.

He can't score against any real defense. Don't use games against team USA, where not one player can play defense if his life depended on it as an example.

Yes........in the NBA he WILL be able to score. In the ACB, where the defense is almost as bad as the NBA even, yes he can score. Not in FIBA or the Euroleague. He can't score in those competitions where they play defense.

barbaroi
I said Rubio won't improve in the NBA. I am talking about Rubio and not "players". Besides, in the no hand check zero defense, ***** NBA league Rubio will do whatever he wants. And if you look at him wrong he will shoot free throws.

In the Euroleague or FIBA, where real basketball and not a fake entertainment show (NBA) he will continue to be the scrub that he really is. But he would get better playing there against actual competition, not fake competition like the NBA. But it won't matter, because he will become another fake manufactured NBA "star" the second he hits the NBA.
When the US wins the World Championships are you finally going to shut your mouth? A team of good but not great NBA players thrown together for one month playing under rules they aren't accustomed to, and they beat teams that play together for years and are used to the rules. That should tell you all you need to know about the difference in talent.

Lakas Fan Yo
Is this a joke? Not one guard in the entire leauge can play defense? Dwayne Wade? Kobe Bryant? Selfolosha? Rondo? Paul? What the hell are you talking about?

Not one single guard in the NBA plays any defense.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
When the US wins the World Championships are you finally going to shut your mouth? A team of good but not great NBA players thrown together for one month playing under rules they aren't accustomed to, and they beat teams that play together for years and are used to the rules. That should tell you all you need to know about the difference in talent.

They won't win it. And if you look at the likely brackets........they won't even medal at all.

Droid101
08-31-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm literally shocked that everyone hasn't put this Lakas no Links clown on ignore.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:24 PM

In the Euroleague or FIBA, where real basketball is played, and not a fake entertainment show (NBA), he will continue to be the scrub that he really is. But he would get better playing there against actual competition, and not fake competition like the NBA. But it won't matter, because he will become another fake manufactured NBA "star" the second he hits the NBA.
Watching any other team in the FIBA championships than USA(and even them at times)go against each other is just pure torture to me. They make ridiculous turnovers, travel so damn much, and don't look like they're putting a whole lot of effort into their game. I hate it.

Sakkreth
08-31-2010, 04:25 PM

Tbh they play, but most likely only in 4th quarter when game is close or in playoffs, in other words when it matters. But NBA defense is bit more about flashy things like blocks and steals, players in there more often risks to get a steal or block while letting attacker to drive instead getting into better defensive position.

mrhoopfan

I agree rubio is VERY young; however, he will be 20 in October and is only a month and a half younger than John Wall. Basically they are the same age.

barbaroi
They won't win it. And if you look at the likely brackets........they won't even medal at all.
So when they do win, since you stated as fact that they won't, doesn't that mean that your predictions are all hopelessly pathetic, and since predictions are based on assessments, doesn't that also mean that your assessment of talent/skill is hopelessly pathetic, and since your assessments are terrible, doesn't that mean that we should just ignore whatever you claim as true, knowing that it is in fact hopelessly wrong. So when the US wins or medals, you really might as well just not talk, since we will know your contributions to be without value.

Rowe
08-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Lol people can improve in the college game, Nba game or international game.

You improve based on how hard you work.

Cut down on all the smilies.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

MasterDurant24
Do you get all the games over in Europe anyway? Have you actually seen all of the teams?

Rowe

Thats exactly why you are red.

The **** is wrong with you.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh ok. I see now.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Remember how RUbio choked at the last minutes during the game vs. USA

ZenMaster
08-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Wow Lakas you really have taken it up a notch here during the world cup.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Tbh they play, but most likely only in 4th quarter when game is close or in playoffs, in other words when it matters. But NBA defense is bit more about flashy things like blocks and steals, players in there more often risks to get a steal or block while letting attacker to drive instead getting into better defensive position.

OK, they play it when the game is on the line. But during 90% of the game 90% of the season there is literally ZERO defense in NBA games. All of a sudden there is defense deep in the playoffs..........after about 100 games have been played.

mrhoopfan
08-31-2010, 04:31 PM
I was diasappointed in Rubio's performance today I must say and I feel that in the NBA teams will just go under the pick and roll with him. With that being said, the NBA has the defensive 3 second rule which FIBA does not. Therefore, bigs defending won't be able to just clog the lane. Rubio can still be good NBA player but SUPERSTAR, i don't see it at this point. he'd be wise to work with Juan Carlos Navarro on his one and two foot floaters going baseline and middle

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:31 PM
So when they do win, since you stated as fact that they won't, doesn't that mean that your predictions are all hopelessly pathetic, and since predictions are based on assessments, doesn't that also mean that your assessment of talent/skill is hopelessly pathetic, and since your assessments are terrible, doesn't that mean that we should just ignore whatever you claim as true, knowing that it is in fact hopelessly wrong. So when the US wins or medals, you really might as well just not talk, since we will know your contributions to be without value.

They won't win it.

mrhoopfan
08-31-2010, 04:32 PM
OK, they play it when the game is on the line. But during 90% of the game 90% of the season there is literally ZERO defense in NBA games. All of a sudden there is defense deep in the playoffs..........after about 100 games have been played.

One of the biggest myths on tape. i recored over 200 NBA games this year that I watch repeatedly......not true.

UNCNY
08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Lakas shut up already. I've been lurking around the boards for a few weeks now,and all I see that is you are a clear troll.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:34 PM
I was diasappointed in Rubio's performance today I must say and I feel that in the NBA teams will just go under the pick and roll with him. With that being said, the NBA has the defensive 3 second rule which FIBA does not. Therefore, bigs defending won't be able to just clog the lane. Rubio can still be good NBA player but SUPERSTAR, i don't see it at this point. he'd be wise to work with Juan Carlos Navarro on his one and two foot floaters going baseline and middle

It's a good idea, but not practical. Navarro has probably the best floater in the history of the game. Ever since Navarro was about 18 he was just a scoring machine at every level he ever played at. Rubio on the other hand is one of the worst scorers playing in the Euroleague. I don't think he has the agility, nor the eye hand coordination to even learn La Bomba.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:36 PM
One of the biggest myths on tape. i recored over 200 NBA games this year that I watch repeatedly......not true.

Of course it is true. NBA teams and players have the most insanely and absurdly ridiculously inflated stats. There is virtually no defense in the NBA regular season. None.

If a player even attempts to play defense he is called "lock down defender". That means he plays defense, not that he is actually even a decent defender. In fact, you can be a horrible defender in the NBA and just by waving a hand up make the all defense team.

The NBA is an entertainment show. The rules, the refs, the league are all designed to encourage that no one plays any defense. In the NBA the Spurs are considered a good defensive team, or the Celtics, teams like that.

In the Euroleague they would be considered below average defensively.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
It's a good idea, but not practical. Navarro has probably the best floater in the history of the game. Ever since Navarro was about 18 he was just a scoring machine at ever level he ever played at. Rubio on the other hand is one of the worst scorers playing in the Euroleague. I don't think he has the agility, nor the eye hand coordination to even learn La Bomba.
You think Navarro has a better floater than Tony Parker?

Toizumi
08-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Lakas shut up already. I've been lurking around the boards for a few weeks now,and all I see that is you are a clear troll.

lol. Welcome to ISH :cheers:

BlueCrayon
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Of course it is true. NBA teams and players have the most insanely and absurdly ridiculously inflated stats. There is virtually no defense in the NBA regular season. None.

If a player even attempts to play defense he is called "lock down defender". That means he plays defense, not that he is actually even a decent defender. In fact, you can be a horrible defender in the NBA and just by waving a hand up make the all defense team.

The NBA is an entertainment show. The rules, the refs, the league are all designed to encourage that no one plays any defense. In the NBA the Spurs are considered a good defensive team, or the Celtics, teams like that.

Can you show me some clips of euroleague players playing defense and tell me how it is different from the NBA?

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM

How so?

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
You think Navarro has a better floater than Tony Parker?

Parker has the second best one. Navarro can hit his running floater from 3 point range.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:43 PM

Then why can't the international teams guard the NBA players? Derrick Rose can blow by his man every time, Durant can score at will, they get more fastbreaks than any other Euro team, and just beat down teams by 20. And this is the second rate USA team.

And I'll bet you money, that if they're giving full effort, that the Spurs, Celtics, and Lakers could shut down and dominate the FIBA teams.

whatever666
08-31-2010, 04:44 PM

He is compared to Pete mostly because of kindof looking exactly like him and playing like him with his flashy passing at similar size and position.... But thats about it, he aint no Pete and he aint at Petes level at all considering he cant score like him, aint clutch like him and so on.

I dont see the similarity between Ricky and Nash though? Besides both being white pointguards that like to pass?

MasterDurant24
Parker has the second best one. Navarro can hit his running floater from 3 point range.
Video please?

Lakas Fan Yo
Can you show me some clips of euroleague players playing defense and tell me how it is different from the NBA?

Do you really believe that NBA scores are serious and not fake? 120-109 and all those scores................

It would never happen even once in any league that played defense.

UNCNY
How so?
Hmmm I don't know maybe when someone makes a rational argument that you can't answer to we see this"You're on NBA fan,you know nothing about basketball"

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:45 PM
The defense seems worse to me. Especially in that Spain-USA game.

barbaroi
08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Do you really believe that NBA scores are serious and not fake? 120-109 and all those scores................

Or maybe it's because the game is nearly 25% longer dumbshit.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Then why can't the international teams guard the NBA players? Derrick Rose can blow by his man every time, Durant can score at will, they get more fastbreaks than any other Euro team, and just beat down teams by 20. And this is the second rate USA team.

And I'll bet you money, that if they're giving full effort, that the Spurs, Celtics, and Lakers could shut down and dominate the FIBA teams.

LOL...............unbelievable.

BlueCrayon
08-31-2010, 04:48 PM

So all the games in the euroleague are close games?

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:49 PM
He is compared to Pete mostly because of kindof looking exactly like him and playing like him with his flashy passing at similar size and position.... But thats about it, he aint no Pete and he aint at Petes level at all considering he cant score like him, aint clutch like him and so on.

I dont see the similarity between Ricky and Nash though? Besides both being white pointguards that like to pass?

I've said it here a hundred times. Rubio is the Spanish version of Rondo. He has no similarity to Nash and he is the 180 degree polar opposite of Maravich. The reason he is compared to Nash and Maravich is because of the idiot writers at Sports Illustrated, SLAM Magazine, and ESPN, claiming he was as good as them.

They do that because the NBA pays them to. Part of NBA hype and marketing in order to make a big splash in the Latino market. Rubio is a fake, manufactured "star", just like LeCon is.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Hmmm I don't know maybe when someone makes a rational argument that you can't answer to we see this"You're on NBA fan,you know nothing about basketball"

I am just stating what is true. Don't call me a troll, for calling it like it is. If anything the fan boys here are the trolls.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
The defense seems worse to me. Especially in that Spain-USA game.

Since when was Spain versus USA friendly game a Euroleague game? Since when does it have anything to do with a Euroleague game? Apparently you do not even know what the Euroleague is.

Rubio's easiest games are when he plays against Team USA because the US cannot play any defense. Rubio in FIBA, or Euroleague has never been a good offensive player.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:52 PM

So wait, are you saying that the Euro's leauge defense is better than the defense of the past? Because they put up those numbers back then as well. Before the removal of handchecking and the addition of the 3 seconds in the lane rule. And that's when they put a bunch of effort into defense. I surely don't see any defenders busting their ass like Charles Oakley, Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowen, Ben Wallace, Kurt Rambis, Dave Debusschere, or just plain dominant on D like Bill Russell, Hakeem, D-Rob, Garnett, Jordan, Payton, or Stockton.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Or maybe it's because the game is nearly 25% longer dumbshit.

No. It's because in the NBA there is no defense. That is a fact.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 04:53 PM
Since when was Spain versus USA friendly game a Euroleague game? Since when does it have anything to do with a Euroleague game? Apparently you do not even know what the Euroleague is.

Rubio's easiest games are when he plays against Team USA because the US doesn't put any effort into defense. Rubio in FIBA, or Euroleague has never been a good offensive player.
Fixed.

artificial
08-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Important notice:

LakasFanYo is simply making propaganda to make people hate international basketball, and piss you off. He doesn't know a single thing about NBA nor international basketball. Don't let him get his way.

There, my 2 pennies for ISH.

Lakas Fan Yo
So all the games in the euroleague are close games?

Brandon Jennings could barely even make a basket in the Euroleague. With barely any NBA experience he scored 55 in a game. The defense in the Euroleague is vastly superior to the defense in the NBA.

MasterDurant24
LOL...............unbelievable.
How so? I actually want to hear the full explanation that Euroleauge players are more skilled at defense than the Americans.

BlueCrayon
08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
How so? I actually want to hear the full explanation that Euroleauge players are more skilled at defense than the Americans.

His reason is in the NBA there are blowouts.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 05:02 PM
So wait, are you saying that the Euro's leauge defense is better than the defense of the past? Because they put up those numbers back then as well. Before the removal of handchecking and the addition of the 3 seconds in the lane rule. And that's when they put a bunch of effort into defense. I surely don't see any defenders busting their ass like Charles Oakley, Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowen, Ben Wallace, Kurt Rambis, Dave Debusschere, or just plain dominant on D like Bill Russell, Hakeem, D-Rob, Garnett, Jordan, Payton, or Stockton.

How do I have to explain it to you? The NBA plays no defense. It never has, except for that 90s era. Why do you think that EVERY NBA fan that is American repeats the same EXACT catch phrase?

"Euros can't defend"? Why is that universal amongst all American NBA fans as a belief?

It's because you are told it endlessly, over and over, by NBA related media and marketing for years now. It is a never ending NBA marketing gimmick. And the reason why it is such an enormous point of emphasis is because that the NBA does not play defense and is designed that way.

It's an entertainment show and not a serious sports competition. The only time that defense is allowed even is during the playoffs. That's why only certain kinds of Americans are ever able to play in big clubs in Europe.

It's a very select and certain type of American player. The typical American players that cannot play any defense and don't even know how, simply cannot play in the high level in Europe. But in the NBA they can even have excellent careers. Because they can jump high, they can dunk, etc. It;s what the NBA wants.

The NBA is about ratings. The Euroleague is about competition. It's that simple and the fact that most NBA fans have not yet figured that out is actually rather pathetic.

It's amazing to watch say an NFL game and then an NBA game and to think that most sports fans in the US can't seem to see the difference. NFL is a competition, NBA is sports entertainment, just one small step above the WWE.

UNCNY
08-31-2010, 05:04 PM
How do I have to explain it to you? The NBA plays no defense. It never has, except for that 90s era. Why do you think that EVERY NBA fan that is American repeats the same EXACT catch phrase?

"Euros can't defend"? Why is that universal amongst all American NBA fans as a belief?

It's because you are told it endlessly, over and over, by NBA related media and marketing for years now. It is a never ending NBA marketing gimmick. And the reason why it is such an enormous point of emphasis is because that the NBA does not play defense and is designed that way.

It's an entertainment show and not a serious sports competition. The only time that defense is allowed even is during the playoffs. That's why only certain kinds of Americans are ever able to play in big clubs in Europe.

It's a very select and certain type of American player. The typical American players that cannot play any defense and don't even know how, simply cannot play in the high level in Europe. But in the NBA they can even have excellent careers. Because they can jump high, they can dunk, etc. It;s what the NBA wants.

The NBA is about ratings. The Euroleague is about competition. It's that simple and the fact that most NBA fans have not yet figured that out is actually rather pathetic.

It's amazing to watch say an NFL game and then an NBA game and to think that most sports fans in the US can't seem to see the difference. NFL is a competition, NBA is sports entertainment, just one small step above the WWE.
Just wondering what country are you from?

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM

Okay break down how to play defense and tell us how NBA players can't do it, you probably don't have a clue of how to play the game.

Lakas Fan Yo

You don't listen. NBA is a league where you are not supposed to play defense. There is a handful of players that defend in the whole league. In a lot of European clubs, like say Greek or Adriatic ones, most NBA players would be benched, or cut within a week.

Because they don't defend and it's not allowed. If LeBron took off a play on defense in Europe he would be benched and then the press and fans would be mad at him. In the NBA if the coach did that he would probably be fired the next day.

It has nothing to do with "defensive skills". You are just imagining nonsense and making things up. It's simply that the NBA is a league that emphasizes not to play defense.

It's not just good FIBA level, or good European leagues either. It's most leagues other than the NBA. And it's also NCAA. NCAA plays way harder defense and more physical game than what you see in the NBA.

MasterDurant24
His reason is in the NBA there are blowouts.
Yeah, and it's ironic when many of the games so far have been blowouts.

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 05:11 PM
Just wondering what country are you from?

I'm Basque. And yes, I think the ACB has the worst defense of all the important leagues in Europe.

UNCNY
08-31-2010, 05:13 PM
You don't listen. NBA is a league where you are not supposed to play defense. There is a handful of players that defend in the whole league. In a lot of European clubs, like say Greek or Adriatic ones, most NBA players would be benched, or cut within a week.

Because they don't defend and it's not allowed. If LeBron took off a play on defense in Europe he would be benched and then the press and fans would be mad at him. In the NBA if the coach did that he would probably be fired the next day.

It has nothing to do with "defensive skills". You are just imagining nonsense and making things up. It's simply that the NBA is a league that emphasizes not to play defense.

It's not just good FIBA level, or good European leagues either. It's most leagues other than the NBA. And it's also NCAA. NCAA plays way harder defense and more physical game than what you see in the NBA.The NCAA part I agree with you on but I don't enjoy the NCAA more only because of that. I find the atmosphere better,and the long NBA season is hard to watch until playoffs when it gets interesting.

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 05:15 PM

It's not just good FIBA level, or good European leagues either. It's most leagues other than the NBA. And it's also NCAA. NCAA plays way harder defense and more physical game than what you see in the NBA.
I'm going to ask this one more time: are you even able to watch all of the NBA games over where you live?

By the way everybody; here's some videos of Euroleauge to compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC5rsGBLnq0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvY8ZRjpS2c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqQSHQ4Kv8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4JfDr6jczY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhuN2yi4ZW4&feature=related

Lakas Fan Yo
08-31-2010, 05:17 PM
The NCAA part I agree with you on but I don't enjoy the NCAA more only because of that. I find the atmosphere better,and the long NBA season is hard to watch until playoffs when it gets interesting.

So you agree with me then. So why are you arguing so much about it?

MasterDurant24
08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
He said the NCAA part.

UNCNY
08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
I agreed with you on one thing not everything. Do I agree that no one in the NBA plays defense? NO

Go Getter
08-31-2010, 05:48 PM
It's a good idea, but not practical. Navarro has probably the best floater in the history of the game.

Comedy.

Rose
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Stop feeding the troll. they thrive on attention just give it up and starve him to death.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Ricky Rubio's stats for today's game

28 minutes played
1/7 FG, 14.3% shooting
2 rebounds
2 assists
2 turnovers
3 points.

GOAT.

DuMa
08-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Rubio is a bench warmer in the NBA. Minnesota dropped the ball again.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 06:11 PM

he probably can play as a back up back up pointguard

taucesays
08-31-2010, 06:22 PM
If LeBron took off a play on defense in Europe he would be benched and then the press and fans would be mad at him.

This is where you lost all credibility. LeBron could join the NFL tomorrow and he'd be first string by the end of the day. He is one of the top 5 most athletic people in the world and could dominate at almost any sport not involving water. Watching him play in the euro leagues would be the funniest thing to ever happen in sport.

OnceInADECADE
08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
i dont like Rubio at all. Hope Kahn trades his azz.

Rubio is not the next Steve Nash or Pistol Pete

mrhoopfan
08-31-2010, 06:39 PM

He can be very solid. needs a team with athletes that run the floor and can jump. Maybe the Hawks??? ( Jeff Teague may end up being very good pg though)

JustinJDW
08-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Ricky Rubio's style of play will not work in the NBA. He is going to get abused by other Guards. This isn't pickup basketball.

derman
08-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Ricky Rubio's style of play will not work in the NBA. He is going to get abused by other Guards. This isn't pickup basketball.

Yeah, thats why Rubio's two great games in the last 2 years were the ones against NBA opposition, because he cant play against NBA players. Good logic.

DuMa
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Lithuania's Mantas Kalinetis embarrassed Rubio on an out of bounds baseline play when he inbounded off of Rubio's ass and got the ball and scored the baseline layup

derman
08-31-2010, 07:01 PM
Lithuania's Mantas Kalinetis embarrassed Rubio on an out of bounds baseline play when he inbounded off of Rubio's ass and got the ball and scored the baseline layup

Yeah that was the highlight of the game. Rubio today played great ... for Lithuania :lol :lol

Go Getter
08-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, thats why Rubio's two great games in the last 2 years were the ones against NBA opposition, because he cant play against NBA players. Good logic.
Define a great game to me.

Because him having 8 points and a few assists inimited mjnutes doesn't qualify in my book.

derman
08-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Define a great game to me.

Because him having 8 points and a few assists inimited mjnutes doesn't qualify in my book.

In the last friendly against USA, he got Spain from way down to a 1 point loss, and they had the chance to win it in the last min.

Check out the thread of the last friendly game against Usa, to see how almost all posters here were praising him for his performace.

basketballdude
08-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Really lackluster performance by Rubio. If you guys remember, he started out pretty ordinary last year in Eurobasket and turned in a very good performance against all competition.

He does really need to become more of a scorer though because at times like these when Fernandez can't be counted on (can he really ever be counted on?) and Navarro gets a little anxious him being a threat to pass as well as score would make things so much easier for the team.

Go Getter
08-31-2010, 07:22 PM
In the last friendly against USA, he got Spain from way down to a 1 point loss, and they had the chance to win it in the last min.

Check out the thread of the last friendly game against Usa, to see how almost all posters here were praising him for his performace.
I see. However I don't agree. If a US guard had the same game no one would say it was a "great game."

I think that's a little exaggeration.

But that just my opinion.

New York Knicks
08-31-2010, 07:29 PM
He's not younger than John Wall.

DuMa
08-31-2010, 07:41 PM

You can have all the great games in vs superior teams but whats the point if you cant have great games vs inferior teams?

jbot
08-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Rubio is the most overrated player of all time from Europe and maybe in the history of the world. Eventually all these idiotic NBA fans will grasp that.
reminds of of all the hype surrounding sarunas jasikevicius when he came over here. "best pg in europe" didn't do jack shit and couldn't play defense if his life depended on it.

still not sure about rubio. he's fun to watch so far.

Funky Pool
08-31-2010, 08:05 PM
I agree with the critics against Rubio, but damn the kid is 19 years old, and ok he still has lots of weaknesses, but he has something a few players have :

Talent. I Genius talent.

But its not enough i agree. We all know the stories of Felipe Lopez or Sebastian Telfair. But we also know the stories of Lebron or KG.

Let the kid grow, we'll see in a couple of years.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
08-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Rubio is fine he is young, he is going to have A lot of bad games. Let's not forget Kobe when he was young air balled 4 or 5 shots against the Jazz in an elimination game in the closing minutes.

Rubio at worst is a better version of Rondo. taller, longer, better on defense, better shot.

Rubio just needs to play with a bona fide superstar scorer like a Carmelo Anthony

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Anyone else think Rubio is just a Rondo without the penetration and rebounding?

Rose
08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
I think Rubio is just a great passer, facilitator and has a brilliant IQ. Can't shoot, or play defense really.

Go Getter
08-31-2010, 09:41 PM
What's with all this brilliant IQ stuff?

BBIQ is a misused and stupid cliche.

Rose
08-31-2010, 09:43 PM
What's with all this brilliant IQ stuff?

BBIQ is a misused and stupid cliche.
To me its just being able to read the defense, knowing what to do, how to do it, and knowing how the defense will react. and I think Rubio does that....brilliantly.

Real Men Wear Green
08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm certainly no expert, having only paid attention to him once, but the one time I saw him a week or so ago Rubio looked great. He really took it to Derrick Rose and the other Team USA guards on both ends. If not for his play, Spain would have been blown out.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm certainly no expert, having only paid attention to him once, but the one time I saw him a week or so ago Rubio looked great. He really took it to Derrick Rose and the other Team USA guards on both ends. If not for his play, Spain would have been blown out.

The thing with Rubio is that he is not a primary player, meaning he is dependent on goods players around him to show his ability.

But once crunch time comes up and requires one person to take over, Rubio can't be that person, and he can't even be a second fiddle because he's not a good scorer and shooter.

Rubio is all flash and no substance, he has no go-to offensive move at all.

Go Getter
08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
3 for 4 with several turnovers and getting burned on defense by Rose when it counted and he "took it to team USA?"

Real Men Wear Green
08-31-2010, 10:01 PM
3 for 4 with several turnovers and getting burned on defense by Rose when it counted and he "took it to team USA?"
He also stripped Rose on one possession and showed a knack for passing possessed by few along with some good ballhandling ability.

DeeDee
08-31-2010, 10:03 PM
Seeing this guy play is so disappointing.. He tries so hard to do those fancy passes.

Maga_1
08-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Rubio is a "non-stat" player.
If you just see the stats that he made, you'll never know the player that he is.

The best sikills that he have is, make the team play and you can't count that in stats.

He's not playing well in the World Cup, it's a fact .. let's hope to see what he can do if Spain pass the group.

Ohh, and people are saying that he can assume the game? Damn, don't you guys think that the US players are better than "the others"? So , when he come to NBA he doesn't have to assume the game, just to put the ball in the US guys .. and that's what he will do.

Go Getter
08-31-2010, 10:36 PM
He also stripped Rose on one possession and showed a knack for passing possessed by few along with some good ballhandling ability.

Still, not an otherworldly game like some make it seems to be.

KG5MVP
08-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Stripping someone on a posession doesn't mean anything.

Remember how Dudley stripped Kobe or Ariza stripped Lebron, does that make them the better player?

Cangri
08-31-2010, 10:40 PM
Stripping someone on a posession doesn't mean anything.

Remember how Dudley stripped Kobe or Ariza stripped Lebron, does that make them the better player?
And let's not forget what Curry did to Rubio on Back2Back plays :oldlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQ_rXPVLug

Maga_1
08-31-2010, 10:47 PM
And let's not forget what Curry did to Rubio on Back2Back plays :oldlol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQ_rXPVLug

Damn, i wish Curry could play more .. he's a good FIBA player.

GiveItToBurrito
08-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Rubio's not very quick, but he's quick enough, has great instincts, and really long arms, I think he'll be a solid enough defender. Maybe not prime Jason Kidd, but he's not getting torched like Calderon or something. His passing and court vision are great, you can't measure the effect that can have on an offense. All the points he'll create off of not just his passes but second and third ones after will really make his team better. He can score enough, it's not like he'll average ten a game. He can get to the rim in crafty ways (like a quicker Billups) and he's developing a solid enough set shot. I'd love to see him in the Princeton or really any motion offense, maybe the Wolves will trade him to the Cavs or something.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Really lackluster performance by Rubio. If you guys remember, he started out pretty ordinary last year in Eurobasket and turned in a very good performance against all competition.

He does really need to become more of a scorer though because at times like these when Fernandez can't be counted on (can he really ever be counted on?) and Navarro gets a little anxious him being a threat to pass as well as score would make things so much easier for the team.

Not true. Last year Cabezas handled the point at all important moments after the group stage. Rubio does not have Cabezas to save him this time. Spain will have to use Navarro at point guard in critical moments once the real games start.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 01:48 AM
reminds of of all the hype surrounding sarunas jasikevicius when he came over here. "best pg in europe" didn't do jack shit and couldn't play defense if his life depended on it.

still not sure about rubio. he's fun to watch so far.

Just so you know Jasikevicius was leaps and bounds better than Rubio is on offense. I mean LEAPS and BOUNDS better. Rubio is a better defender though. Jasikevicius is the worst defender to play in Europe at point guard in recent memory.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Anyone else think Rubio is just a Rondo without the penetration and rebounding?

He's Rondo with a better set jump shot. That's what he is. I've said it all along. The Nash and Maravich comparisons are absolutely insane.

plowking
09-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Hey Lakas, how come Childress and Kleiza both made all Euroleague teams though you claim they weren't the best on their team?

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 01:51 AM

I've seen almost all of Rubio's games for the past 3-4 years. That was the best game he has ever played in his life. And like I said, he does better against NBA players because they don't defend as well.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 01:57 AM
Rubio is a "non-stat" player.
If you just see the stats that he made, you'll never know the player that he is.

The best sikills that he have is, make the team play and you can't count that in stats.

He's not playing well in the World Cup, it's a fact .. let's hope to see what he can do if Spain pass the group.

Ohh, and people are saying that he can assume the game? Damn, don't you guys think that the US players are better than "the others"? So , when he come to NBA he doesn't have to assume the game, just to put the ball in the US guys .. and that's what he will do.

I keep saying it, he will be better in the NBA than in FIBA and Euroleague. Because he will be allowed to do whatever he wants on offense and not be defended and if anyone tries it he will go to the foul line.

But the fact is that Rubio has never been a good player at the top international and European levels. In Euroleague and EuroBasket he has been barely an average player. We are seeing the same thing in the World Championship.

99% of this forum's NBA fans swear he is the "best point guard in Europe", "best player in Europe" without even ever seeing him play a game.

How many times did I tell these fools it's called NBA marketing 101 and is all BULL SHIT? Over and over and over.

They called me a liar and a troll. Now they finally see the truth.

The truth is that Rubio is an average level player in the Euroleague. I can honestly name 50 guys last season that played better than he did. But yes, in the NBA he will better, simply because he will be able run all over the floor without ever being defended. But the fact remains that all this insane hype and nonsense about him being the best point guard in Europe is literally ludicrous.

He was like the 7-9 best player on his own team last year. In the NBA he will do fine because of the difference in defense. But he's not Nash. He's not going to make players like Nash does, which is how US media hypes him.

He's more like Rondo.........he needs the right team around him. The Wolves are off to a good start with guys like Johnson, Love, Pekovic, but they need more than that for Rubio to work. If Rubio has the right team around him with the NBA rules then he will be good.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Hey Lakas, how come Childress and Kleiza both made all Euroleague teams though you claim they weren't the best on their team?

Do you even know what an all Euroleague team is? Seriously? You act like it's the same thing as an all NBA team. It's NOT. How many times does this have to be explained here?

And no they were not the best players on the team. Kleiza was the best player on his team in the regular season and during the first 3 quarters of games. In the playoffs and in the 4th quarters of important games he was the worst player of his team.

Childress was not even close to being the best player on his team. Childress was nothing but an average player in the Euroleague, if even that good. When important elimination games came up he was actually usually one of the worst scrubs you would see in Europe.

I can honestly say that players making 1/10 of the income of Childress outplayed him.

InspiredLebowski
09-01-2010, 04:25 AM
He's not younger than John Wall.Ricky Rubio was born on October 21st, 1990. John Wall was born on September 6th, 1990.

ZenMaster
09-01-2010, 05:28 AM
I keep saying it, he will be better in the NBA than in FIBA and Euroleague. Because he will be allowed to do whatever he wants on offense and not be defended and if anyone tries it he will go to the foul line.

But the fact is that Rubio has never been a good player at the top international and European levels. In Euroleague and EuroBasket he has been barely an average player. We are seeing the same thing in the World Championship.

99% of this forum's NBA fans swear he is the "best point guard in Europe", "best player in Europe" without even ever seeing him play a game.

How many times did I tell these fools it's called NBA marketing 101 and is all BULL SHIT? Over and over and over.

They called me a liar and a troll. Now they finally see the truth.

The truth is that Rubio is an average level player in the Euroleague. I can honestly name 50 guys last season that played better than he did. But yes, in the NBA he will better, simply because he will be able run all over the floor without ever being defended. But the fact remains that all this insane hype and nonsense about him being the best point guard in Europe is literally ludicrous.

He was like the 7-9 best player on his own team last year. In the NBA he will do fine because of the difference in defense. But he's not Nash. He's not going to make players like Nash does, which is how US media hypes him.

He's more like Rondo.........he needs the right team around him. The Wolves are off to a good start with guys like Johnson, Love, Pekovic, but they need more than that for Rubio to work. If Rubio has the right team around him with the NBA rules then he will be good.

I'd say he's above average. Combine that with his age and that makes him a great talent.

You keep saying he will be good in the NBA because the NBA sucks, but the truth is he'll be good because he'll develop and he has the talent to become an excellent player.

You're kind of coming around to him becoming a good NBA player with the Rondo comparisons, yet you refuse to give him any sort of credit.

Your views on basketball and the players involved are highly negative, you always put a negative spin on everything thats positive for players/teams outside of Greece. I don't know why you keep coming to an NBA forum.

LA_Showtime
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM

Do you remember when Steve Nash first came into the league?

LA_Showtime
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
And who gives a shit if Rubio becomes a superstar? What's obvious is that his basketball IQ is off the charts, and that he's one of the best game managers in the Olympics. Those things translate.

#1RubioFan
09-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Rubio's not very quick, but he's quick enough, has great instincts, and really long arms, I think he'll be a solid enough defender. Maybe not prime Jason Kidd, but he's not getting torched like Calderon or something. His passing and court vision are great, you can't measure the effect that can have on an offense. All the points he'll create off of not just his passes but second and third ones after will really make his team better. He can score enough, it's not like he'll average ten a game. He can get to the rim in crafty ways (like a quicker Billups) and he's developing a solid enough set shot. I'd love to see him in the Princeton or really any motion offense, maybe the Wolves will trade him to the Cavs or something.
Ricky has been developing a jump shot and has been using it more and more, obviously he isn't a sharp shooter by any means but he doesn't only shoot set shots any more. Also why would the Wolves trade him? Ricky has recently been quoted as saying Minneapolis is a great city in which he would be fine living in. Ricky will be a wolf in 2011-12 pending an NBA lockout.

basketballdude
09-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Not true. Last year Cabezas handled the point at all important moments after the group stage. Rubio does not have Cabezas to save him this time. Spain will have to use Navarro at point guard in critical moments once the real games start.
It's very true and you are wrong.

jnn
09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tP5E8KFhmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkCUiHGZHE

It's not his strenght, but he CAN score. Yesterday he played awfully (1-7), that's all. Don't your favorite players play bad sometimes? :rolleyes:

Plus, don't forget Rubio is NINETEEN. And he's the starting PG of the current Europe and World Champion. Calderon's leave killed him. Too much responsability for a teenager. He'll get more experience in a few years, though.

chopchop20
09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
He might be good one day, but he's definitely NOT READY now.

I don't get all of the hype... he's just "White Chocolate" from Spain.

Oooooooooh, he threw a fancy pass :rolleyes:

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
It's very true and you are wrong.

Nope.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tP5E8KFhmY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afkCUiHGZHE

It's not his strenght, but he CAN score. Yesterday he played awfully (1-7), that's all. Don't your favorite players play bad sometimes? :rolleyes:

Plus, don't forget Rubio is NINETEEN. And he's the starting PG of the current Europe and World Champion. Calderon's leave killed him. Too much responsability for a teenager. He'll get more experience in a few years, though.

That was not an "awful" game by Rubio. That was a typical, average, normal game for him. That is how he NORMALLY plays.

jnn
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM
That was not an "awful" game by Rubio. That was a typical, average, normal game for him. That is how he NORMALLY plays.

Nope. You won't fool me cause I'm Spanish and I've been seeing him play since he was 14 :oldlol:

Rubio likes to run, to play in transition, to steal balls... But I repeat he's 19, he's still inmature and he lacks of experience in these kind of games. Specially when things aren't going well for Spain and everybody puts a lot of pressure on him. This pressure should go to Navarro, Marc, Rudy, Felipe, Garbajosa... But it shouldn't be the kid's fault.

Lakas Fan Yo
09-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Nope. You won't fool me cause I'm Spanish and I've been seeing him play since he was 14 :oldlol:

Rubio likes to run, to play in transition, to steal balls... But I repeat he's 19, he's still inmature and he lacks of experience in these kind of games. Specially when things aren't going well for Spain and everybody puts a lot of pressure on him. This pressure should go to Navarro, Marc, Rudy, Felipe, Garbajosa... But it shouldn't be the kid's fault.

Oh so now the Spanish fan boy trolls are coming to the thread...

ZenMaster
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
He might be good one day, but he's definitely NOT READY now.

I don't get all of the hype... he's just "White Chocolate" from Spain.

Oooooooooh, he threw a fancy pass :rolleyes:

Nah that's not it, very narrow minded by you.

ZenMaster
09-02-2010, 08:33 PM

No shit, that guy better not be liking a 19 year old talent from his own country! God damn fan boys!

wigwan
09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Do you remember when Steve Nash first came into the league?

This.

lukekarts
09-03-2010, 05:45 AM
I'd say he's above average. Combine that with his age and that makes him a great talent.

You keep saying he will be good in the NBA because the NBA sucks, but the truth is he'll be good because he'll develop and he has the talent to become an excellent player.

You're kind of coming around to him becoming a good NBA player with the Rondo comparisons, yet you refuse to give him any sort of credit.

Your views on basketball and the players involved are highly negative, you always put a negative spin on everything thats positive for players/teams outside of Greece. I don't know why you keep coming to an NBA forum.

Is Lakers Fan Yo a Greek?

If so that explains everything. Greasy, obnoxious, buttfking sleazebag.

jnn
09-03-2010, 06:50 AM

haha so defending Rubio means that I'm a troll.. :oldlol:

chains5000
09-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Spain vs Greece in the next round.
Lakas could die if Rubio leads Spain to the victory

SpanishACB
09-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Is Lakers Fan Yo a Greek?

If so that explains everything. Greasy, obnoxious, buttfking sleazebag.

He pretends to be Basque, which is a region of Spain. But he was banned for sheer stupidity and now is found exiled in Greece, were he is supported by a middle-high class mature greek male who owns a gym. It is not yet known how he manages to receive such favors from the Greek mature, but many theories have been made.

Basketbolero
09-03-2010, 08:05 AM
He pretends to be Basque, which is a region of Spain. But he was banned for sheer stupidity and now is found exiled in Greece, were he is supported by a middle-high class mature greek male who owns a gym. It is not yet known how he manages to receive such favors from the Greek mature, but many theories have been made.
This would explain his temper...

The Next Jordan
09-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lakas? He can't even spell Lakers write! LOL :roll: