PDA

View Full Version : LeBron agrees to pay Girlfriend $25 Million for her Loyalty & Silence...

Jordan-esque
09-01-2010, 12:59 PM
[quote]In an attempt to preempt a messy break-up from the mother of his children, LeBron James has reportedly negotiated a lump sum deal for Savannah Brinson

Kurosawa0
09-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Learning from Wade's mistakes, huh?

Lakerlove420
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
and his girl looks like LeBron

edit: just kidding Fish. I swear I didn't mean it ..
I swear buddy . . ...

Rose
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Just in case America didn't hate you enough! Now you leave your high school sweetheart/ baby mama. OUCHHHH. Needs a new PR depo.

Ruh-Roh
09-01-2010, 01:05 PM
and his girl looks like LeBron

http://www.khurak.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/derekfisher.jpg

With that forehead she looks like she should be in a Predator movie...

Kurosawa0
09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Just in case America didn't hate you enough! Now you leave your high school sweetheart/ baby mama. OUCHHHH. Needs a new PR depo.

Seriously, if anyone hates on him for ending a personal relationship...

Rose
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Seriously, if anyone hates on him for ending a personal relationship...
They will. Remember all the jokes about how he was going to leave her and start partying it up with the south beach sluts/models?

Younggrease
09-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Damn, just makes you wonder what did Lebron do that is worth 25 million dollars to keep out of the public. Seems like a good deal for her, because she would also get child support.

I would still need to see a more legit source

DuMa
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
wtf man. it aint no marriage. keep that money to yourself fool!!!

Kurosawa0
They will. Remember all the jokes about how he was going to leave her and start partying it up with the south beach sluts/models?

That's ridiculous.

plowking
What else did people expect when he moved to Miami, and the fact he hadn't married her after all this time?
Probably just keeping her around for the sake of his kids.

Younggrease
09-01-2010, 01:12 PM
What else did people expect when he moved to Miami, and the fact he hadn't married her after all this time?
Probably just keeping her around for the sake of his kids.

yeah, because its better to be in a relationship and cheat on the mother of your kids then to show her and your children respect and just end it and move on....:facepalm

Rose
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I rest my case now. I think he's given up on having a good image.

#1RubioFan
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Damn, just makes you wonder what did Lebron do that is worth 25 million dollars to keep out of the public. Seems like a good deal for her, because she would also get child support.

They aren't breaking up...This article is saying IF Lebron and his girl break up she will get 25 million.

Kurosawa0
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
yeah, because its better to be in a relationship and cheat on the mother of your kids then to show her and your children respect and just end it and move on....:facepalm

Maybe that's what he's doing...

Besides, I'd imagine she's known the deal for a long time. Kinda like Magic's wife did.

barbaroi
09-01-2010, 01:18 PM
They aren't breaking up...This article is saying IF Lebron and his girl break up she will get 25 million.
And yet he chooses now, right after moving to miami, as the time to suddenly decide it's good to have a backup plan :lol . They won't last the season.

Batz
09-01-2010, 01:20 PM
They aren't even married... :facepalm

gasolina
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't even think it's legal to make agreements based on relationships other than marriage.

Seriously how would you draft up the wordings?

plowking
09-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Why the hell do you care?

Maybe they agreed on staying together and seeing other people, though for the kids benefit they lived together.

gts
09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
kids involved, it's a good deal for both sides and keeps the kids from hearing anything messy.... it's the way parents should be thinking when kids are involved, big money to her small hit to lebron's wallet in the end

C-Webb4
09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Did he cheat on her or something?

Jordan-esque
09-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't even think it's legal to make agreements based on relationships other than marriage.

Seriously how would you draft up the wordings?
It's called a "bribe".

But really, LeBron has NO obligations to pay her anything, not even a dime, since they're both not legally married.

The only thing LeBron would be legally required to pay her is Child Support if / when he does leave her.

The $25 million agreement is a "mutual contract for legality" (not an obligatory legal contract); it only basically becomes legally enforce if the agreement has been signed.

Some politicians who cheat on their wife usually make the same agreement with their mistresses. They usually do it AFTER they get caught though. LeBron however seems to be planning ahead BEFORE he gets caught... so good move for him!

C-Webb4
09-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Ok, I just read up on it, and it's pretty much just him covering his own ass so his reputation doesn't get trashed like Tiger in the event of a breakup. That could be a smart move on his part.

According to a VERY RELIABLE NBA insider, LeBron negotiated a $25 MILLION DEAL with Savannah. And under the terms of the reported deal, Savannah would receive the money “in case their relationship ends.”

The insider explain, “It’s actually a paternity/confidentiality agreement, many NBA players have it with their child’s mothers. But LeBron’s is a lot more detailed and Savannah gets a lot more than most.”

The deal, the snitch tells MediaTakeOut.com, guarantees Savannah a lump sum of $25 MILLION if she and LeBron separate. In exchange, Savannah is NOT ALLOWED to talk about LeBron to the public.

gts
09-01-2010, 01:39 PM
It's called a "bribe".

But really, LeBron has NO obligations to pay her anything, not even a dime, since they're both not legally married.

The only thing LeBron would be legally required to pay her is Child Support if / when he does leave her.

The $25 million agreement is a "mutual contract for legality" (not an obligatory legal contract); it only basically becomes legally enforce if the agreement has been signed.

Some politicians who cheat on their wife usually make the same agreement with their mistresses. They usually do it AFTER they get caught though. LeBron however seems to be planning ahead BEFORE he gets caught... so good move for him!depends on the state, in california after so many years and kids there is an assumption that treats even non married couples as married...

she may not be entitled to the same rulings as if they were married but due to the fact they lived together for so long, had a couple kids together and acted as a married couple except for the paperwork some states would see them as basically married and judging by the big payday i'm assuming ohio is one of them

kabalcage
09-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Shrewd business move.

Nobody believes that this relationship is going to last. He had the gull to have two kids with her and never bothered to marry her.

He might as well pay her now to shut her up because LeBron probably has other skeletons that'd cost him more than this petty $25 million.

DKLaker
09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I heard Kim Kardashian is on a plane to Miami.......look out Lebron!!!!! :oldlol:

Never trust a big butt and a smile....lol :banana: (Bel Biv Devoe "Poison")

Jordan-esque
09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
depends on the state, in california after so many years and kids there is an assumption that treats even non married couples as married...

she may not be entitled to the same rulings as if they were married but due to the fact they lived together for so long, had a couple kids together and acted as a married couple except for the paperwork some states would see them as basically married and judging by the big payday i'm assuming ohio is one of them
I don't know if Ohio has a Common Law Marriage Rule, but if that's the case with LeBron, if I were his baby's momma, I'd try and get LeBron to double the offer at the very least, or at least get it beyond the $30-40 million range in exchange for my dirty laundry that may add more insult to LeBron's image.

niko
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
wtf man. it aint no marriage. keep that money to yourself fool!!!

she lives with him, has for several years, and takes care of his kids. it's a common law marriage. He'd wind up paying up one way or another, why not preempt it? It's basically a pre-nup. He has a pre-nup, one which very nicely takes care of the mother of his children, a women he has NOT married. If this was me in NY, i know i'd be considered common law married.

2LeTTeRS
09-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't get why more celebrities don't do this. Smart move. Although depending on the terms of the contract and the state I'm not sure how enforcable this agreement would prove to be in court.

niko
09-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't get why more celebrities don't do this. Smart move. Although depending on the terms of the contract and the state I'm not sure how enforcable this agreement would prove to be in court.

if she agreed to it i don't see why it wouldn't be enforcable. its a contract, you get something, i get something, money exchange hands. its enforcable.

NBASTATMAN
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM

No wonder she didn't look so happy when he chose Miami over Cleveland... Lebron is just a mess these days... :ohwell:

Jordan-esque
09-01-2010, 03:01 PM
If you think about it, both seriously and kidding aside, it's almost a win-win for both LeBron and Savannah:

For LeBron:

+ He gets to save his brand / image

+ Gives him reassurance to sleep with other women

+ Small change compared to the damage it may cause if she writes a book

For Savannah:

+ Saves her the trouble of writing a book; the book may not even sell $25 million

+ She gets $25 million on top of the millions she will get annually from Child Support

:cheers:

wang4three
09-01-2010, 03:06 PM
It pays to be a woman.

Rose
09-01-2010, 03:09 PM
she lives with him, has for several years, and takes care of his kids. it's a common law marriage. He'd wind up paying up one way or another, why not preempt it? It's basically a pre-nup. He has a pre-nup, one which very nicely takes care of the mother of his children, a women he has NOT married. If this was me in NY, i know i'd be considered common law married.
That's what I thought.

RoseCity07
09-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Sorry but it just seems in poor taste to dump your high school sweetheart once you move to Miami. It's just so obviously about being a jack ass and wanting to be single. He should have dumped her in Cleveland so it doesn't look like he is only doing this now that he lives in a place with a ton of hot chicks.

I know that's not how relationships work. But dude picked the worst time to leave her.

KenneBell
09-01-2010, 03:19 PM
But dude picked the worst time to leave her.
LeBron has picked the worst time to do a lot of things. This shouldn't be a surprise. :oldlol:

insidehoops
09-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Source of this appears to be some random person on a random entertainment blog

RaceBannana
09-01-2010, 03:23 PM
damn.... whos the tall guy next to Lebron?

ZenMaster
09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
They haven't broken up yet, why are people talking like they already did?

gyu
09-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't it be smarter for her not to make the deal? In the event that they do separate, she would get half his things by default wouldn't she?

Rose
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Wouldn't it be smarter for her not to make the deal? In the event that they do separate, she would get half his things by default wouldn't she?
If they're common law married. but none of us are going to investigate to see if by Ohio standards they are lmao.

knickscity
09-01-2010, 03:37 PM
LeBron probably did like Dave Chappelle-style....l'm rich *****!", "now step".

But this doesn't hurt his image no more than anything else has.

It's really not surprising.

All Net
09-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Can anybody say this is a surprise?

dab0yech0
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Smart move. Now he can party it up with the Latinas in South Beach. Lebron James is a Latina Lover. Gonna be tons of Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Dominican chicks running around his mansion

ZenMaster
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM

They're not married.

GMW
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Man, when you ask your girl to make arrangements for in case you break up, it is over :lol

Draz
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
With that forehead she looks like she should be in a Predator movie...

LMAOOOO :banana: :banahttp://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/banana.gifna: :banana: :banana:

SinJackal
09-01-2010, 05:41 PM

I was thinkin the same thing. But we don't know just how accurate that source is. 25 million. . .wtf? :\

AK47DR91
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
If you think about it, both seriously and kidding aside, it's almost a win-win for both LeBron and Savannah:

For LeBron:

+ He gets to save his brand / image

+ Gives him reassurance to sleep with other women

+ Small change compared to the damage it may cause if she writes a book

For Savannah:

+ Saves her the trouble of writing a book; the book may not even sell $25 million

+ She gets $25 million on top of the millions she will get annually from Child Support

:cheers:

She's still dumb for not marrying him.

Black women, you all need to marry these scumbags and take half of everything they got!!!!!

Cangri
09-01-2010, 08:28 PM
She's still dumb for not marrying him.

Black women, you all need to marry these scumbags and take half of everything they got!!!!!
What makes you think she didn't want to? I bet Lebron was the one that didn't want to get married (smart move).

Yung D-Will
09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Source of this appears to be some random person on a random entertainment blog
Notice how this post gets ignored

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Glide2keva
09-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Ok, I just read up on it, and it's pretty much just him covering his own ass so his reputation doesn't get trashed like Tiger in the event of a breakup. That could be a smart move on his part.
Why would you quote anything from media fake out?

And anyway, this is none of our business.

whatever666
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
yay another rumor.... this has not happened i guess? Would be good if you changed the title of the thread in that case... Even if this is true, who the hell cares? Is this just another way for you to bash Lebron or something haha... for splitting up with his GF? How pathetic.

AK47DR91
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
What makes you think she didn't want to? I bet Lebron was the one that didn't want to get married (smart move).

If she was smart enough, she would convince and manipulate him to propose.

Every man will eventually bow down to the power the of the p*ssy. :bowdown:

I bet Dwyane Wade's love was too strong and it kept LeBron away from marriage. Perhaps LeBron is bisexual and is on the down low. :confusedshrug:

bada bing
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM
he wants to hang around and date models. he wants to be something like ronaldo.

Jasper
09-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Lebron must be in contact with Tiger :confusedshrug:

icewill36
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
women dont deserve money for getting to live in luxury and have children by world class athletes (when it could be by joe the busdriver). lebron should be able to sleep with as many women on the side as he wants. she would be nothing without him.

Rose
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
women dont deserve money for getting to live in luxury and have children by world class athletes (when it could be by joe the busdriver). lebron should be able to sleep with as many women on the side as he wants. she would be nothing without him.
I thought Joe was a plumber?:confusedshrug:

And....cheating is wrong.

LA_Showtime
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
The media is retarded. When the source is "rumor reports" you should stop reading.

The_Yearning
09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Suave move by King James

LA_Showtime
09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Suave move by King James

It was probably Maverick Carter's idea. They aren't actually fighting. The only reason this came out was to boost LeBron's popularity.

bdreason
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
If it's on the internetz it must be true.

kmartshopper
09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
medialameout...yeah.

Lebron23
09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Smart move. Now he can party it up with the Latinas in South Beach. Lebron James is a Latina Lover. Gonna be tons of Puerto Rican, Cuban, and Dominican chicks running around his mansion

LeBron should hook up with a Filipina. I want to see LeBron's future kids play for the Philippine National Team.

Lebron23
09-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Notice how this post gets ignored

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

They believe everything that they read on the internet.

The_Yearning
09-01-2010, 11:26 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

They believe everything that they read in the internet.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

TheAnchorman
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
They did NOT break up! Always make it a point to read the source, get it through your heads guys! it just showcases an agreement akin to a prenup without any actual marriage.

YAWN
09-02-2010, 02:25 AM
Im not too familiar with these agreements. but whats to stop her from taking that 25 million then still writing a book, or being "caught" on tape talking shit. Is she then supposed to pay that money back? What are the consequences of a breach?

Fatstogie
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM

LOL just incase you didnt notice, america needs to mind their own mother****in business and stop worrying bout anything he does, besides play basketball.

Dude is a basketball player. Not the president. Shit is ridiculous, the state of stupidity in this country. Who gives a shit who hes ****in?

niko
09-02-2010, 09:47 AM
LeBron should hook up with a Filipina. I want to see LeBron's future kids play for the Philippine National Team.
no, japanese from japan. i want to see some 6'9'' japanese dude yelling BANZAI and dunking on people.

NoName22
09-02-2010, 10:01 AM

:facepalm :facepalm

DukeDelonte13
09-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Im not too familiar with these agreements. but whats to stop her from taking that 25 million then still writing a book, or being "caught" on tape talking shit. Is she then supposed to pay that money back? What are the consequences of a breach?

I would assume that the damages of the breach are stipulated in the contract. The damages are too speculative otherwise.

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: This guys business saviness is the best in the world. Got to respect that.

04mzwach
09-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Just a rumor..

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Just a rumor..
even if it is a rumour, lebron now knows whats at stake. unlike Kobe, his wife will clean him up once he retires :oldlol: :oldlol:

niko
09-02-2010, 11:34 AM
even if it is a rumour, lebron now knows whats at stake. unlike Kobe, his wife will clean him up once he retires :oldlol: :oldlol:
what does that mean? She will give him a shower?

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:36 AM
what does that mean? She will give him a shower?

she will take half when they divorce. :oldlol: If she decides to write a book when they divorce, it will sell 100 million copies. she has him by the Balls :oldlol:

niko
09-02-2010, 11:37 AM
she will take half when they divorce. :oldlol: If she decides to write a book when they divorce, it will sell 100 million copies. she has him by the Balls :oldlol:

clean him OUT you idiot. not clean him up.

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:40 AM
clean him OUT you idiot. not clean him up.

ok, grammer police. :oldlol:

niko
09-02-2010, 11:41 AM
ok, grammer police. :oldlol:
i'm goign to take all your money, really clean you up.

MORON.

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:42 AM

MORON.

spell check bro, use it. :oldlol:

niko
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
spell check bro, use it. :oldlol:

i'd have to care more to do that. btw, nice proof you are PB. incorrect usage of common phrases. a PB staple.

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:47 AM
i'd have to care more to do that. btw, nice proof you are PB. incorrect usage of common phrases. a PB staple.

:oldlol: :oldlol: You care so much about grammer, but spelling is not your strong point. Weird if you ask me :oldlol:

NoName22
09-02-2010, 11:50 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: You care so much about grammer, but spelling is not your strong point. Weird if you ask me :oldlol:

It's grammar. Not only you wrote wrong, but you bolded it :facepalm

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
It's grammar. Not only you wrote wrong, but you bolded it :facepalm

:oldlol: :oldlol: Thank you Mr Obvious.

niko
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM

it's not a grammar mistake, you misused a simple phrase in a funny way, i pointed it out. she's going to clean him up, it's funny. you being a moron, funny.

boozehound
09-02-2010, 11:54 AM

MORON.
well, you are arguing with assbelly, so what'd you expect?

niko
09-02-2010, 11:54 AM
well, you are arguing with assbelly, so what'd you expect?
:mad: you make me mad with your correct observation.

NoName22
09-02-2010, 12:00 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Thank you Mr Obvious.

I'd love to return the favor, but I obviously can't call you Mr Grammar :confusedshrug:

ashbelly
09-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I'd love to return the favor, but I obviously can't call you Mr Grammar :confusedshrug:

Thank you again Mr Obvious.