PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin vs Michael Beasley

OnceInADECADE
09-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Who is gonna have a better career and who is better?

Al Thornton
09-09-2010, 09:51 PM
blake griffin and blake griffin.

SinJackal
09-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, I can easily say Beasley's been less of a disappointment so far.

Griffin's upside is supposed to be better though, but really, who even knows. Griffin gets no points from me until he can play a damn game.

Dresta
09-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Beasley .

Fizdale
09-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Beasley.

Swaggin916
09-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Blake will and Blake is better. Both can finish, but Blake is more explosive, and will develop a great faceup game and decent post game... Something Beasley probably won't ever develop. he definitely has the potential to be a good faceup player, but I don't think he does.

b0bab0i
09-09-2010, 11:40 PM

Griffin's upside is supposed to be better though, but really, who even knows. Griffin gets no points from me until he can play a damn game.

Griffin played summer league last year and was MVP

kabalcage
09-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Beasley and Griffin arrived in the Big 12 at the same time and Beasley was considered a much better prospect, perhaps causing Griffin to delay his draft to the next year.

However, Bealey is a bit undersized and a pothead; it's looking doubtful that he'll fulfill his hype. Griffin is a bit less talented but he plays with force and seems like a better NBA fit. I'd pick Griffin.

zORi
09-09-2010, 11:43 PM

Echos exactly how I feel.

plowking
09-09-2010, 11:47 PM
I think a lot of people will be disappointed with Blake next year.

I mean, a lot of people point to his size/strength/athleticism as to why he'll be better than Beasley. Looking at their pre draft measurements, they're pretty much equal across the board. When you take into consideration Beasley did it a year younger, he probably would have had better numbers at the same age (a year after).

Considering Blake isn't as skilled as Beasley, I don't see how he's going to be scoring the ball all that efficiently. He's not going to be pushing guys out of the way and scoring like he did in college.

plowking
09-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Blake will and Blake is better. Both can finish, but Blake is more explosive, and will develop a great faceup game and decent post game... Something Beasley probably won't ever develop. he definitely has the potential to be a good faceup player, but I don't think he does.

Do you watch Beasley at all? That's pretty much his whole game on offense.

SCdac
09-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Griffin is the real deal. His athleticism, strength in the paint, explosiveness, it's all built for the NBA. He was scoring in that initial summer league with relative ease, against players trying to make teams, even posterizing people and shit. Should be taken with a huge grain of salt of course, but I don't think his game is completely about "potential", of all the draftees since then he's one of the most NBA ready. Vinny Del Negro has already talked about Blake being opening day starting PF, and according to Blake he's been going "almost full blast" for a couple of months now. I'd take him over Beasley personally.

entropy35
09-10-2010, 04:05 AM
Beasley is more talented. Also he is the same age as griffin and already got 2 years nba experience. I still think Beasley can get close to fulfilling his potential.

SGK_81
09-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Hint: One of them has never played a NBA game

dab0yech0
09-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Blake Griffin by far

alenleomessi
09-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Blake Griffin will be top 5 PF next year

Papaya Petee
09-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Blake Griffin will be top 5 PF next year
:roll:

B-Easy8
09-10-2010, 09:40 AM

Is this a joke? Have you ever watched Beasley play? 90% of his points coming from facing up and driving past pf's or hitting jumpers.
I think they will both be very good but I give Beasley the advantage as he is more skilled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxwlkye9sI

mayo'sgrizz
09-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Griffin is the real deal. His athleticism, strength in the paint, explosiveness, it's all built for the NBA. He was scoring in that initial summer league with relative ease, against players trying to make teams, even posterizing people and shit. Should be taken with a huge grain of salt of course, but I don't think his game is completely about "potential", of all the draftees since then he's one of the most NBA ready. Vinny Del Negro has already talked about Blake being opening day starting PF, and according to Blake he's been going "almost full blast" for a couple of months now. I'd take him over Beasley personally.

this^^^ blake is a beast unlimited post moves! extremely athletic and will put up some big numbers. to answer the OP blake griffin and blake griffin

chitown13
09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
blake griffin

Kobe8
09-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Blake isnt better than beasley right now because lack of experience. But He will be better than beasley , he has the height and strength.

Zack Ryder
09-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Bro both of these players are gonna be sick, but i'm going to say Beasley for both.

DirkNowitzki41
09-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Bro both of these players are gonna be sick, but i'm going to say Beasley for both.

This.

DC Zephyrs
09-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Barring further injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if Blake Griffin approaches 20 ppg this season. He's a very good ball handler for his size, is a solid passer, and has pre-injury Amare type explosiveness. Nobody is going to stop this guy from getting to the rim.

jimmyzegg
09-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I was living in another state at the time so I didn't get to see Griffin play at Oklahoma, I've just seen Youtube highlights which aren't that reliable.

However, as a former Heat fan, I was very interested in Beasley's game and have watched him intently since he was a rookie. Beasley obviously has talent for scoring, but he either never gelled with Spoelstra and his methods, or he's an idiot.

Griffin is said to have amazing work ethic. Beasley's has been called into question many times in the past.

Really I think it all depends on if Beasley gets his act together and really focuses on basketball. It also depends on if Griffin can stay healthy.

Any other answer is probably based on bias or homerism because I don't think we've come close to seeing either of these players potential.

plowking
09-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Barring further injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if Blake Griffin approaches 20 ppg this season. He's a very good ball handler for his size, is a solid passer, and has pre-injury Amare type explosiveness. Nobody is going to stop this guy from getting to the rim.

They have the same vertical and 3/4 sprint... Beasley and Griffin that is.

TheCalmInsanity
09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
smh.. The #1 pick, who is untouchable right now and has the most unbelievable work ethic you've ever seen, vs a guy who just got traded for a bag of peanuts to the Timberwolves... The question answers itself

Sorry Onceinadecade, I've read ISH for a long time and I agree with you about the Gordon love and the hate against Mayo stans (HIGH FIVE BRO! Even though there are a few Mayo stans who are unbiased and nice) but this question isn't even a question at the moment.

Can Beasley resurrect his career and become the player you think he'll be this season? Sure, he could. But until then, right now his stock is really low and he has to prove himself to get back up in the ranks.. Meanwhile, Blake Griffin had 11 hour a day sand dunes training that other NBA players couldn't handle, and this was his freshman year of college.. The guy has more work ethic than you guy will realize, and he's still just a kid...

He's really explosive and not just athletic but STRONG as hell. I've seen him live, he played in the preseason too not just Summer League. His hustle electrifies the crowd and he has a knack for rebounding (kinda like Camby did).

He didn't play much D in college but later it was revealed that his coaches told him NOT to.. so he wouldn't get into foul trouble. And I've seen my fair share of blocks from BG in the preseason and Summer League that really impressed me.. He blocked lots of dunks that I was cringing like "oh shoot he's gona get dunked on.. WTF?!?! HE BLOCKED THAT?!?!"

Not to mention his passing ability (something I didn't even know about, even watching him in college). He's thrown so many no look passes, passes while he's falling out of bounds, and he throws PERFECT alley oops to teammates. He doesn't take stupid shots and he's very efficient.

You guys are really underrating BG. If he was as bad as you guys saying why was he the consensus #1 pick? There was plenty of talent in his draft.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Barring further injury I go with Griffin because he seems more explosive and aggressive. I like Beasley but he needs to play with more fire, an undersized PF can't be so passive. Beasley is also in a bad situation, as the team's franchise player (non-Spanish division) is actually another undersized PF. If Beasley can't play SF pt will be an issue while Griffin seems to be the Clips' franchise player already.

Stephen_H
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Blake Griffin

OnceInADECADE
09-10-2010, 04:12 PM

I mean, a lot of people point to his size/strength/athleticism as to why he'll be better than Beasley. Looking at their pre draft measurements, they're pretty much equal across the board. When you take into consideration Beasley did it a year younger, he probably would have had better numbers at the same age (a year after).

Considering Blake isn't as skilled as Beasley, I don't see how he's going to be scoring the ball all that efficiently. He's not going to be pushing guys out of the way and scoring like he did in college.

i think Blake will average 14/9 49fg% next season and they miss the playoffs. Which is good.

Yes. Beasley is also longer than Blake.

I see Blake getting most of his points by put-backs, and dunks like Amare. Beasley is a way better scorer than Blake.

OnceInADECADE
09-10-2010, 04:15 PM

GTFO with that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sntJ0tfgs

OnceInADECADE
09-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Is this a joke? Have you ever watched Beasley play? 90% of his points coming from facing up and driving past pf's or hitting jumpers.
I think they will both be very good but I give Beasley the advantage as he is more skilled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxwlkye9sI

Melo like ala:pimp:
D.C. ******
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sntJ0tfgs

Al Thornton
09-10-2010, 08:23 PM

one of the worst posts i've ever read in this forum. do you not understand that most players in the league are very athletic? of course beasley is going to have similar measurements to griffin. why wouldn't he? blake utilizes his athleticism far more than beasley and we've seen that in the summer league and the pre season already.

Al Thornton
09-10-2010, 08:27 PM
They have the same vertical and 3/4 sprint... Beasley and Griffin that is.

:roll: and im sure amare has similar draft measurements as lamarcus aldrige. you're f*cking clueless. measurements don't account for how a player actually plays.

Go Getter
09-10-2010, 08:29 PM
:roll: and im sure amare has similar draft measurements as lamarcus aldrige. you're f*cking clueless. measurements don't account for how a player actually plays.

You should work for the Bucks...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/14/Joe_Alexander.JPG/220px-Joe_Alexander.JPG

eliteballer
09-10-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DPmb4JCcok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBHHmwH3m_o

OnceInADECADE
09-10-2010, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DPmb4JCcok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBHHmwH3m_o

wait which 1 is Beasley and which 1 is Blake, they both look like brother from far away:D

TheCalmInsanity
09-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Again I think Michael Beasley might become a great player if he's put in the right situation.. But:

Michael Beasley- second pick of the NBA, traded for a second round pick...

Blake Griffin- consensus first pick of the NBA, Nuggets wanted to trade Melo for him

I think Blake Griffin is worth more than a second round pick.. so there's the answer for this thread

plowking
09-11-2010, 12:52 PM

I already said they posted similar athletic stats though I think Beasley is going to be better due to being more skilled.

Posters before me were pretty much saying he was going to be a beast because of how athletic he is. Fact is, Beasley is just as athletic.
And no, from a few pre season games and summer league games we don't get the full picture of his athleticism. Beasley has dunked on the likes of Pau and other NBA starters.

Get a clue.

SayTownRy
09-11-2010, 01:01 PM
gotta go with blake griffin on this one.

he had as any or more (can't remember) 20 pt 15 board games in college as duncan. one of the most dominant big men to go consensus number one since duncan. they say rebounding is one of the most likely skills to transfer from the college game to the nba too.

22/14 in his 09 season. duncan was a 20/14 guy his senior year at wake forest.

i just think he has the size and skillset to become a consistent 20/10 player very quickly.

TheCalmInsanity
09-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I already said they posted similar athletic stats though I think Beasley is going to be better due to being more skilled.

Posters before me were pretty much saying he was going to be a beast because of how athletic he is. Fact is, Beasley is just as athletic.
And no, from a few pre season games and summer league games we don't get the full picture of his athleticism. Beasley has dunked on the likes of Pau and other NBA starters.

Get a clue.

Yes VERY skilled.. It takes a lot of skill for a 2nd pick in the NBA to be auctioned off for a bag of potato chips right? What has is skill got him so far?

Beasley has had a bad attitude even before he came to the NBA. That was the knock on him and it came true, with the lack of work ethic and the marijuana situations (from the freaking first rookie day).

I'm glad that Beasley is saying he wants to work hard and do well on the T-Wolves but why hasn't he done it so far? And you can't blame Blake Griffin for getting injured. I don't think you know just how "athletic" he is. He's a lot stronger and more explosive than Beasley was. He also has INSANE handles.. Look at the :35 second mark in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4VpCsF1bq8

Just cause he hasn't played an NBA game doesn't mean he's gona be worth less than a second round pick.. Get your facts straight. Griffin is untouchable.. The Clippers didn't let the Nuggets ask about him even if it included Melo. Beasley was obviously not untouchable... You'll see man

Yung D-Will
09-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Yes VERY skilled.. It takes a lot of skill for a 2nd pick in the NBA to be auctioned off for a bag of potato chips right? What has is skill got him so far?

Beasley has had a bad attitude even before he came to the NBA. That was the knock on him and it came true, with the lack of work ethic and the marijuana situations (from the freaking first rookie day).

I'm glad that Beasley is saying he wants to work hard and do well on the T-Wolves but why hasn't he done it so far? And you can't blame Blake Griffin for getting injured. I don't think you know just how "athletic" he is. He's a lot stronger and more explosive than Beasley was. He also has INSANE handles.. Look at the :35 second mark in this video

Just cause he hasn't played an NBA game doesn't mean he's gona be worth less than a second round pick.. Get your facts straight. Griffin is untouchable.. The Clippers didn't let the Nuggets ask about him even if it included Melo. Beasley was obviously not untouchable... You'll see man

So because a team trades you for basically nothing it means you're not skilled.

I guess Pau Gasol is horrible.

TheCalmInsanity
09-11-2010, 01:13 PM
So because a team trades you for basically nothing it means you're not skilled.

I guess Pau Gasol is horrible.

Pau demanded out. They also got Marc Gasol who is not terrible at all.. Also helps to have Jerry West in the middle of things. I usually agree with you Yung D-Will but not this time lol.

Beasley was shipped off in a fire sale.

#1RubioFan
09-11-2010, 01:27 PM

Where the hell did this notion of Beasley not having a work ethic come from? He practically lived in the gym when he was the heat. Work ethic is no issue or concern with Beasley, all the concern is with his head. Anyway, this discussion won't even be close once Rubio comes over and starts spoon feeding Beasley all night long.

TheCalmInsanity
09-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Where the hell did this notion of Beasley not having a work ethic come from? He practically lived in the gym when he was the heat. Work ethic is no issue or concern with Beasley, all the concern is with his head. Anyway, this discussion won't even be close once Rubio comes over and starts spoon feeding Beasley all night long.

Rubio doesn't want to play for the Timberwolves, or at least from what I've heard.

The concern is in his head, yeah.. But just because he's a gym rat doesn't mean he's always trying to improve and get better. Most of it shows on the court too. Although I agree, his attitude problem is probably why it hasn't translated onto the court.

I've seen Griffin live. He dives all over the court. Fights 3 guys for rebounds. Strips people and dives in the air saving the ball while falling out of bounds. Jumps over scorers tables. In one game I watched he dove over the scorer's table, saved the ball... Jumped back in the game, recieved a pass, and dunked it. The effort and energy from the kid is just insane.

SCdac
09-11-2010, 01:40 PM

Get a clue.

You're telling people to get a clue, but I think you're putting too much stock in skill set, or versatility, and not enough in overall impact. Blake, with his power game, in combination with his passing skills (better than Beasley's) and ability to get his hands on steals and block shots (also better), could have more of an impact than Beasely's more perimeter oriented jump shooting game, at least IMO. Blake could potentially finish a season making half of his field goals, which I think Beasley will struggle to do when taking a high volume of shots in the NBA. He took over 100 three's last season in Miami, yet only made 28, that's either falling in love with his three point shot, too much settling for jumpshots, or bad shot selection. Considering Blake has similar measurements (though I think he's about an inch taller, and 20 pounds heavier), he's probably going to utilize his frame much better/more often I think. It's not all about athleticism for the sake of it, it's about how it's used, and Griffin uses it well and showed no signs of it not translating in the summer league / preseason.

plowking
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
You're telling people to get a clue, but I think you're putting too much stock in skill set, or versatility, and not enough in overall impact. Blake, with his power game, in combination with his passing skills (better than Beasley's) and ability to get his hands on steals and block shots (also better), could have more of an impact than Beasely's more perimeter oriented jump shooting game, at least IMO. Blake could potentially finish a season making half of his field goals, which I think Beasley will struggle to do when taking a high volume of shots in the NBA. He took over 100 three's last season in Miami, yet only made 28, that's either falling in love with his three point shot, too much settling for jumpshots, or bad shot selection. Considering Blake has similar measurements (though I think he's about an inch taller, and 20 pounds heavier), he's probably going to utilize his frame much better/more often I think. It's not all about athleticism for the sake of it, it's about how it's used, and Griffin uses it well and showed no signs of it not translating in the summer league / preseason.

I'm telling him to get a clue due to summarising my posts as something they're not. It's fine if he disagrees, though don't make it seem as if I'm saying something I'm not.

TheCalmInsanity
09-11-2010, 01:52 PM

Good post. I've based the whole bust/star predicament over work ethic.. There's players who have an insane amount of skillset but no work ethic and they end up not being as good as they're supposed to be. Then there are guys who are not too skilled or athletic, but work hard (Guys like Varejao, Oberto, Kevin Love, Brand in his Clippers days, etc.. They do have skill and athleticism but their focal point was their work ethic) that get to where they are mostly because of their work ethic.

Well Blake Griffin is all of that and more, and strong as hell while also being super athletic. The best thing about his is his cardio.. The dude's energy never ends!! Those 11 hour sand dune training sessions made his 7 hour a day workouts at Oklahoma feel like nothing.

Demitri98
10-09-2014, 11:07 AM
:oldlol:

Random_Guy
10-09-2014, 11:55 AM
:oldlol:
once again a thread taken out of context:facepalm

chips93
10-09-2014, 01:24 PM
once again a thread taken out of context:facepalm

some people really whiffed on their evaluation of beasley (myself included), what context are we missing here?

hawke812
10-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Blake Griffin.

KyleKong
10-09-2014, 03:32 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Alstradomous

sportjames23
10-09-2014, 03:46 PM

Thread should have been done after this post.