PDA

View Full Version : Is Kevin Durant starting to get a bit overrated ?

Mr Clutch Melo
09-11-2010, 04:01 PM
False or True ?

Samurai Swoosh
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
False or True ?
False.

Kurosawa0
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
He's still got to prove it. He's had a real good season and he's played well this summer, but I want to see him do it in the playoffs. Wade, Kobe and LeBron have all played at amazing levels in the playoffs. Durant needs to do the same.

Still, he's coming.

Nelson14
09-11-2010, 04:05 PM
maybe a little, but he is one of the best scorers in the L

Bigsmoke
a 21 year old scoring champ would get a lot of peoples attention.

Sarcastic
True. He will never be better than Lebron, yet he is talked about in the same breath. Lebron's skill set is just much better than Durant.

BDiesel324
09-11-2010, 04:08 PM
True, He really hasn't done shit yet. Yet everyone says this guy is a Top 5 Player in the NBA, specifically 4th best behind Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. Durant has done none of that, mainly because he sucked ass in the playoffs.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:10 PM
False, probably the greatest scorer we will ever see. Also a great rebounder for his position, good defender, average passer, and incredible teammate. Oh and he's only 21.

Kurosawa0
09-11-2010, 04:11 PM
True. He will never be better than Lebron, yet he is talked about in the same breath. Lebron's skill set is just much better than Durant.

To me what separates the two is the physical component. LeBron has always put it on the other team in terms of fouls and wearing out his defender physically. Durant has ridiculous length, but LeBron's speed and power gives him the edge.

No way I take Durant over LeBron to start my franchise. You can play LeBron at four positions. Would you really think of putting Durant at the point?

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:17 PM
To me what separates the two is the physical component. LeBron has always put it on the other team in terms of fouls and wearing out his defender physically. Durant has ridiculous length, but LeBron's speed and power gives him the edge.

No way I take Durant over LeBron to start my franchise. You can play LeBron at four positions. Would you really think of putting Durant at the point?

LeBron can't play with a point guard so your point is null. You put a great point guard with LeBron and he becomes a shooting guard

jlip
09-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Yes. I've seen and heard several people claim that after just one season of leading the league in the single easiest statistical category to dominate (scoring) that he's all of a sudden a top 2-3 player in the game. As of today he has not really proven that he can do much more than score. He's a top 6-8 player, but not a top 2-3 IMO.

BlackWhiteGreen
09-11-2010, 04:18 PM
True, He really hasn't done shit yet. Yet everyone says this guy is a Top 5 Player in the NBA, specifically 4th best behind Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. Durant has done none of that, mainly because he sucked ass in the playoffs.

The guy is 21, and had to lead his team against the champs who have one of the best perimeter defenders in the league guarding. Not a whole lot of 8 seeds last 6 games. He was amazing in the first quarter today. Will be one of the top 3 players in the league as people begin to underrate LeBron/Wade when they are on the same team, and will probably win an MVP. I agree that he is he 4th best player in the league now.

Kurosawa0
09-11-2010, 04:20 PM
LeBron can't play with a point guard so your point is null. You put a great point guard with LeBron and he becomes a shooting guard

Why would you want to play LeBron with a true point? It's the same reason why Jordan and Pippen never needed a true point. It takes away from their game if you do that.

I'm sorry, but come on man... You're a Durant fan and that's fine, but you get so ridiculous with it.

Yung D-Will
09-11-2010, 04:20 PM
True.

But doesn't everyone in the offseason?

SCdac
09-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't think he's overrated at all, considering how much he carried that team (that wasn't even expected to make the playoffs). I'd like to see him in the playoffs versus a team that's not coming off a championship (that team even upgraded perimeter defense w/ Artest to go out and win another one). Let him go up against a Jazz team, the Nuggets, Portland, just some other team where it's not SUCH an up hill battle for a weaker OKC Thunder team. That Thunder team did beat the Lakers twice and evened up the series though, which is more than some other teams can say, like like '10 Jazz, '09 Magic, or '08 Spurs for instance. Have to wonder what Durant and Co. could do against some other teams.

Kblaze8855

As did magic with Norm Nixon. Play anyone over like...6'5'' with a great point guard they will be moved. doesnt mean they couldnt play the point. Steve Smith was 6'8'' and he was a perfectly good point. And then when they got a more traditional one...he wasnt. Penny was a point...then he played with Kidd...and he wasnt. Grant Hill wasnt a point...then he was...then he wasnt.

All of them(and Lebron) perfectly capable of it.

Anyway...

Pretty much all young great scoring swingmen get overrated by someone. Penny, Hill, AI, Tmac, Kobe, Lebron, Vince, Arenas, Durant, Melo, Wade...all of them. Because at some point someone sees a kid play well...acts like its never happened before and this time it means ____.

I was on here with people arguing with me that Arenas was elite and might do this and that...becauseh e scored like 35ppg a month or two.

Crazy scoring/flashy young swingmen come and go so often its hard to get behind any of them.

Kurosawa0
True.

But doesn't everyone in the offseason?

That's so not true.

Hey, by the way, wouldn't adding Eric Dampier win just about every team in the league a championship??? :oldlol:

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Why would you want to play LeBron with a true point? It's the same reason why Jordan and Pippen never needed a true point. It takes away from their game if you do that.

I'm sorry, but come on man... You're a Durant fan and that's fine, but you get so ridiculous with it.

I have never said that Durant was better than current LeBron. But Durant at this stage is much better than LeBron was.

Also Durant doesn't have to dominate the ball.

Kurosawa0
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I have never said that Durant was better than current LeBron. But Durant at this stage is much better than LeBron was.

Also Durant doesn't have to dominate the ball.

I don't think it's a negative for LeBron to dominate the ball. It was in Cleveland because they had horrible offensive sets, but in general, I certainly would want the ball in his hands 90% of the time.

At this stage, you can argue that Durant's the better scorer, but he's not better now than LeBron was at this age. Go back and watch how the Pistons had to shift their entire floor balance to what side of the court LeBron was on. Durant has never warranted that kind of defensive pressure. It's that physical component I mentioned earlier. Durant doesn't really have it. If his shot is off, I don't fear him putting his head down and going to rim like I would with LeBron or even Wade.

NugzFan
09-11-2010, 04:37 PM
False or True ?

false. It's just beause of joyners homerism that we think this. If he didn't post here this thread wouldn't exist

NugzFan
09-11-2010, 04:39 PM
False, probably the greatest scorer we will ever see. Also a great rebounder for his position, good defender, average passer, and incredible teammate. Oh and he's only 21.

ok maybe true.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't think it's a negative for LeBron to dominate the ball. It was in Cleveland because they had horrible offensive sets, but in general, I certainly would want the ball in his hands 90% of the time.

At this stage, you can argue that Durant's the better scorer, but he's not better now than LeBron was at this age. Go back and watch how the Pistons had to shift their entire floor balance to what side of the court LeBron was on. Durant has never warranted that kind of defensive pressure. It's that physical component I mentioned earlier. Durant doesn't really have it. If his shot is off, I don't fear him putting his head down and going to rim like I would with LeBron or even Wade.

Do you not realize that is exactly what the Lakers did to Durant?

Durant is a better scorer now than LeBron was last season and the comparison is a joke against 21 year old LeBron. Rebounding is equal, Durant is a better defender, LeBron is a better passer, Durant is better off of the ball, Durant's a better shooter, LeBron's a better driver, and they're equal at finishing at the rim.

Durant is the better player and the advanced stats agree.

Kblaze8855
09-11-2010, 04:45 PM
What do advanced stats say about Durant last year vs Jordan in say....97 or 98?

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
What do advanced stats say about Durant last year vs Jordan in say....97 or 98?

That Jordan was better...although 98 was close as Jordan was clearly on the decline.

madmax
09-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Durant is a better scorer now than LeBron was last season and the comparison is a joke against 21 year old LeBron. Rebounding is equal, Durant is a better defender, LeBron is a better passer, Durant is better off of the ball, Durant's a better shooter, LeBron's a better driver, and they're equal at finishing at the rim.

:facepalm :roll: Now you are getting ridiculous dude...Lebron is arguably the best finishing wing in the history of the game, and you have a nerve to put Durant as equal to him in this department? Your boy MAY be a better scorer, but what about other aspects of the game? All arround play? Assists? Defense?

Simple Jack
09-11-2010, 04:53 PM

You listed 7 aspects of basketball, credited LeBron as being better in 2 while Durant 3 (and equal in 2). Even if that's true, that makes the comparison a "joke"?

NuggetsFan
09-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I tad bit IMO. When Melo was younger(He wasn't like Durant when he was younger tho so maybe that's why) people always hated on him for being just a scorer. He got alot of hate for not doing anything in the playoffs also. Seems like Durant has got a pass for both from alot of people. Whenever you bring up the playoffs tho people just say bring up his age. Same with clutch play and everything else when he doesn't stack up people just use his age and I don't really get that because what does age matter when your comparing players at there current state?. I get for when your talking about the future\potential but it shouldn't affect comparing players now.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:56 PM
:facepalm :roll: Now you are getting ridiculous dude...Lebron is arguably the best finishing wing in the history of the game, and you have a nerve to put Durant as equal to him in this department? Your boy MAY be a better scorer, but what about other aspects of the game? All arround play? Assists? Defense?

LeBron shot 73% last season at the rim. Durant shot 70% at the rim last season. Durant also averages more dunks/game than LeBron.

As for the other things, congratulations on LeBron averaging more assists than Durant. What was LeBron's assist total at 21 including his starting point guard? Durant's was 10.8 with Westbrook.

Also Durant is a better defender at 21 and it's not even that close. He's unquestionably a better scorer and rebounding is fairly equal although Durant holds an advantage.

And I'm not attempting to compare the 2 players today...this will be LeBron's 8th year in the nba :lol

Sarcastic
09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
The only thing Durant has on Lebron is outside shooting. Other than that, Lebron is better at every other facet of the game.

There is no way Manu is doing this to Lebron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm9Y-vqZsEo

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 04:57 PM
No. Kevin Durant is very good, we saw what he did in the Fiba tournment and the NBA season. He is skilled, long and can score with ease. Just needs to learn how to pass better.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 04:58 PM
You listed 7 aspects of basketball, credited LeBron as being better in 2 while Durant 3 (and equal in 2). Even if that's true, that makes the comparison a "joke"?

I'm comparing LeBron @ 21 vs Durant @ 21. LeBron today is a better defender but it's not a large margin. Durant is a better scorer but it's close. LeBron is unquestionably a better passer and driver while being an equal rebounder. Durant is a better shooter which correlates to his supreme play off of the ball.

magnax1
09-11-2010, 04:58 PM
A few people over rate him, but the vast majority have him about right.

ShaqAttack3234
09-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, he's a bit overrated as an overall player. He's not a complete player yet, just a great scorer and a good rebounder for his position, but as far as elite perimeter players, he's well below average as a passer/playmaker.

He doesn't have the impact on games that Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Howard and Paul do.

:roll: :oldlol: :roll:

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes, he's a bit overrated as an overall player. He's not a complete player yet, just a great scorer and a good rebounder for his position, but as far as elite perimeter players, he's well below average as a passer/playmaker.

He doesn't have the impact on games that Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Howard and Paul do.

i dont see how that is funny @ all.:confusedshrug:

NuggetsFan
Durant's was 10.8 with Westbrook.

So now we combine assists with there PG? :oldlol: . Just shut up there's no argument for playmaking at all. Throw assists out the window Durant simply can't do what LeBron does with the ball.

Sarcastic
I'm comparing LeBron @ 21 vs Durant @ 21. LeBron today is a better defender but it's not a large margin. Durant is a better scorer but it's close. LeBron is unquestionably a better passer and driver while being an equal rebounder. Durant is a better shooter which correlates to his supreme play off of the ball.

Lebron at 21 scored 31.4 ppg, and took his team past the first round. Durant at 21 scored 30.1 and lost in the first round.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 05:02 PM

First player since Jordan in 92 to average >30ppg with a TS>60%

Youngest scoring champ in history

Explain why Durant was 2 or 3 in every advanced metric last season if he doesn't have the same impact as those players. I can't wait to hear this explanation.

Sarcastic
i dont see how that is funny @ all.:confusedshrug:

He called him the greatest scorer we will ever see. That is knee slapping hysterical to me.

madmax
LeBron shot 73% last season at the rim. Durant shot 70% at the rim last season. Durant also averages more dunks/game than LeBron.

As for the other things, congratulations on LeBron averaging more assists than Durant. What was LeBron's assist total at 21 including his starting point guard? Durant's was 10.8 with Westbrook.

Also Durant is a better defender at 21 and it's not even that close. He's unquestionably a better scorer and rebounding is fairly equal although Durant holds an advantage.

And I'm not attempting to compare the 2 players today...this will be LeBron's 8th year in the nba :lol

you are simply delusional dude:facepalm So apparently Durant is SOOO much betther at scoring that he averaged basically the same PPG as Lebron, yet shot worse than him?:roll: What more ridiculous things are you gonna come up with - that your boy's skinny ass is more physical than Lebron?

joyner82
09-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Lebron at 21 scored 31.4 ppg, and took his team past the first round. Durant at 21 scored 30.1 and lost in the first round.

LeBron took over 23 shots to score 31.4 ppg
Durant took 20.2 shots to average 30.1 ppg

Durant played the champs
LeBron played the Wizards

The 2 times LeBron has played the eventual champion in the playoffs, 2007 and 2008, he put up worse numbers than Durant did against the Lakers.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 05:04 PM
you are simply delusional dude:facepalm So apparently Durant is SOOO much betther at scoring that he averaged basically the same PPG as Lebron, yet shot worse than him?:roll: What more ridiculous things are you gonna come up with - that your boy's skinny ass is more physical than Lebron?

You do realize that FT and 3P shooting is a part of scoring, correct?

Durant had a higher TS% than LeBron while averaging more ppg, he's clearly the better scorer of the 2.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
He called him the greatest scorer we will ever see. That is knee slapping hysterical to me.

False, probably the greatest scorer we will ever see.

Nope he didnt say that.

Mr Clutch Melo
09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
People, who else on that USA team can score ? :confusedshrug:

Put Kobe,Lebron,Melo, Wade etc in Durant shoes on that team and they would drop the same or even better numbers.

Sarcastic
09-11-2010, 05:07 PM
LeBron took over 23 shots to score 31.4 ppg
Durant took 20.2 shots to average 30.1 ppg

Durant played the champs
LeBron played the Wizards

The 2 times LeBron has played the eventual champion in the playoffs, 2007 and 2008, he put up worse numbers than Durant did against the Lakers.

Lebron went 7 games in the second round against the Pistons who were 1 year removed from the finals, and 2 years removed from being champions. That was a damn good Pistons team with a great defense, and Lebron was the only one on the Cavs who showed up. Everyone else got shut down.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM

Put Kobe,Lebron,Melo, Wade etc in Durant shoes on that team and they would drop the same or even better numbers.

Durant is putting up better numbers on this team than they did on a loaded team. He's putting up unheard of efficiency numbers. 70TS% is just insane and he's playing with scrubs and no PG. GTFO

Sarcastic
09-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Nope he didnt say that.

Sorry, he put "probably" in there. Still incredibly funny and yet totally wrong.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Sorry, he put "probably" in there. Still incredibly funny and yet totally wrong.

Who is better? Jordan matched Durant's efficiency of last season 1 time in his career. The only other players who have scored 30+ on that type of efficiency are Kareem, Malone, Dantley, and Jordan.

Harison
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Some posters surprise me, of course he isnt overrated, unless someone thinks he is better than Lebron or Kobe. Other than that, he is one of the best players in the NBA, and will only get better. Lebron wasnt without shortcomings as 21 years old either (and Durant is already much better shooter than LBJ will ever be, just not a physical freak of nature).

Give him some time, and I think Durant will surprise the doubters out there, he already did surprise me. I didnt think he will get this good, this fast. Plus he has the right mentality, which is a huge plus. Kobe is as good as he is because of it, Lebron on the other hand will never be as good as he could have been because of mentality either.

Mr Clutch Melo
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Durant is putting up better numbers on this team than they did on a loaded team. He's putting up unheard of efficiency numbers. 70TS% is just insane and he's playing with scrubs and no PG. GTFO

Because they had to SHARE the ball....

lol @playing with scrubs:roll:

DirkNowitzki41
09-11-2010, 05:13 PM
A bit

Yung D-Will
Did someone just say Kevin Durant is the greatest scorer we'll ever see?

I'm switching my Vote to way overrated.

OnceInADECADE

its not funny @ all. Did you watch the FIBA games where this guy was looking like a passive Kobe Bryant out there and still drop 38:applause: wow.

Hope KD can teach his BFF Michael Beasley a few things:confusedshrug:

ShaqAttack3234
09-11-2010, 05:14 PM
First player since Jordan in 92 to average >30ppg with a TS>60%

Youngest scoring champ in history

Explain why Durant was 2 or 3 in every advanced metric last season if he doesn't have the same impact as those players. I can't wait to hear this explanation.

Because I don't give a rats ass about advanced stats. Find me some GMs who would take him over Kobe, Lebron, Wade or Howard for a season. I say a season because Kobe and Wade are older.

And as far as being the greatest scorer ever, Durant hasn't even approached Jordan's level yet. Hasn't reached Kobe's level either, but I don't feel like going back and forth with you speculating on what kind of efficiency Durant could maintain on prime Kobe's volume of shots.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Did someone just say Kevin Durant is the greatest scorer we'll ever see?

I'm switching my Vote to way overrated.

He said probably.

Kblaze8855
09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
That Jordan was better...although 98 was close as Jordan was clearly on the decline.

You feel free to correct any of this as these are not numbers I much care about and may be suggesting someone is better...when a lower number = better for that number...but...

At a glance Durant last year vs 98 Jordan:

Per - Durant
EFG - Durant
TS% - Durant
ORP - Jordan
DRP - Durant

A lower percentage of Durants shots are assisted

Hiw offensive rating is higher than Jordan...his defensive rating I think is lower(104 to 100...).

Durant had a higher win share.

Per minute durant scored more, had more rebounds, and more blocks. Jordans more steals and assists. Durant shot better overall, from 3, and from the Ft line.

I dont know about the adjusted plus/minus shit or if it even goes back that far.

What advanced stats am I missing?

joyner82
09-11-2010, 05:30 PM
You feel free to correct any of this as these are not numbers I much care about and may be suggesting someone is better...when a lower number = better for that number...but...

At a glance Durant last year vs 98 Jordan:

Per - Durant
EFG - Durant
TS% - Durant
ORP - Jordan
DRP - Durant

A lower percentage of Durants shots are assisted

Hiw offensive rating is higher than Jordan...his defensive rating I think is lower(104 to 100...).

Durant had a higher win share.

Per minute durant scored more, had more rebounds, and more blocks. Jordans more steals and assists. Durant shot better overall, from 3, and from the Ft line.

I dont know about the adjusted plus/minus shit or if it even goes back that far.

What advanced stats am I missing?

If you're not including 97 then yes Durant was better than Jordan was in 98. Jordan was on the decline and a shell of his former self.

27/5/3 on 46.5/24/78 isn't all that great. Wade & LeBron last season were also better than 98 Jordan.

Jordan went through a massive decline from 97->98

I'm not saying Durant would have led that Bulls team to a championship as Jordan was obviously the heart and soul of that team, but as an individual player putting him on a random team yes Durant was better.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
If you're not including 97 then yes Durant was better than Jordan was in 98. Jordan was on the decline and a shell of his former self.

27/5/3 on 46.5/24/78 isn't all that great. Wade & LeBron last season were also better than 98 Jordan.

15-35

The_Yearning
09-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Durant got shut down by Artest...nobody really cares about shutting anybody down in the regular season. Durant TS won't ever be over 60% playing against any real legit team in the playoffs. Durant lucky he is in the west..

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Durant got shut down by Artest...nobody really cares about shutting anybody down in the regular season. Durant TS won't ever be over 60% playing against any real legit team in the playoffs. Durant lucky he is in the west..

wtf?
same thing goes for Kobe then

RoseCity07
09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
You almost had a point until this. WTH? How is playing in the west any easier on Durant?

Yung D-Will
09-11-2010, 05:46 PM
You mean that silly conference where teams like Atlanta can look like contenders throughout the season?

Bodhi
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm not saying Durant would have led that Bulls team to a championship as Jordan was obviously the heart and soul of that team, but as an individual player putting him on a random team yes Durant was better.

You're just looking at scoring. Jordan played far better defense than Durant ever has. And Jordan was saving energy for the playoffs, where he was great. Whereas Durant was terrible in the playoffs. You'd have to be crazy to take Durant over Jordan on any team.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 06:24 PM

Among the top 5 scorers in the league(Kobe, Carmelo, LeBron, Wade, & Durant) he posted by far the best numbers vs the top 5 defenses in the league last year.

You should probably go look at LeBron's numbers vs the Spurs in 07 or Celtics in 08. Or maybe Kobe's 04/08 Finals numbers.

Indian guy
09-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Among the top 5 scorers in the league(Kobe, Carmelo, LeBron, Wade, & Durant) he posted by far the best numbers vs the top 5 defenses in the league last year.

You are wrong.

Durant(12 games): 28/6/3/48% Record 5-7
LeBron(16 games): 29/7/8/49% Record 10-6

joyner82
09-11-2010, 06:59 PM
You are wrong.

Durant(12 games): 28/6/3/48% Record 5-7
LeBron(16 games): 29/7/8/49% Record 10-6

Wrong

LeBron James
29.2 PPG 47.8 FG% 80.5 FT% 58.8 TS%

Kevin Durant
30.1 ppg 51.5 FG% 91.0 FT% 62.4 TS%

Carmelo Anthony
27.6 ppg 43.5 FG% 85.1 FT% 52.3 TS%

Kobe Bryant
24.2 ppg 40.7 FG% 81.0 FT% 49.16 TS%

Dwayne Wade(LAL is #6 substituted in place of Miami)
23.6 ppg 42.9 FG% 76.9 FT% 47.4 TS%

Indian guy
09-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Wrong

LeBron James

Kevin Durant

Carmelo Anthony

Kobe Bryant

I take it you chose ESPN's Top 5 defensive teams. I used basketball-reference.com, where LeBron's superior to Durant in ALL major categories. Either way, even looking at those numbers you posted, where are you getting "by far" from? Durant's scoring 1 more point on slightly better efficiency. And whatever happened to rebounds and assists? I guess they didn't help your case.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I take it you chose ESPN's Top 5 defensive teams. I used basketball-reference.com, where LeBron's superior to Durant in ALL major categories. Either way, even looking at those numbers you posted, where are you getting "by far" from? Durant's scoring 1 more point on slightly better efficiency. And whatever happened to rebounds and assists? I guess they didn't help your case.

basketball-reference>>>ESPN

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Wrong

LeBron James

Kevin Durant

Carmelo Anthony

Kobe Bryant

Damn look @ Kobe:facepalm How is he better than Bron?

Yung D-Will
09-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Damn look @ Kobe:facepalm How is he better than Bron?
O I didn't know stats determined how good a player is.

Might as well stop airing games for the fans and just put Box scores on the TV and Internet.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:10 PM
O I didn't know stats determined how good a player is.

Might as well stop airing games for the fans and just put Box scores on the TV and Internet.

So chucking up shots and missing means your good?
:lol

joyner82
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM

Nah I used defensive rating

Yung D-Will
09-11-2010, 07:12 PM
:rolleyes:

If you're talking about J.R smith that's a whole different conversation.

But Yea I'm not arguing with a clear anti kobe agenda

Birmingham1955
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
LOL at the 1 Kevin Durant homer saying he would take this past season or this upcoming season Durant over 98 Jordan.

I don't give a f*ck what the advance stats says, I am not taking anyone over playoff Jordan period. I would think about LeBron, but he has a weak mentality. Jordan got it done in the playoffs and most importantly the finals.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
:rolleyes:

If you're talking about J.R smith that's a whole different conversation.

But Yea I'm not arguing with a clear anti kobe agenda

ok sure he plays defence but Lebron plays better, Lebron also does a better job of getting his teammates invloved. Same thing goes for Wade.

Yung D-Will
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
ok sure he plays defence but Lebron plays better, Lebron also does a better job of getting his teammates invloved. Same thing goes for Wade.

I'm not really arguing if he's better then Wade or Lebron.

I'm just loling at the fact people think you can look at advance stats and box scores and determine who the better player is.

The_Yearning
09-11-2010, 07:16 PM

If your Kobe, than yes. Dude is the BLACK MAMBA baby.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm not really arguing if he's better then Wade or Lebron.

I'm just loling at the fact people think you can look at advance stats and box scores and determine who the better player is.

I watch their games too. And from what i seen the past 3 season Lebron is superior to both Wade and Bryant.

Knicks101
09-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I watch their games too. And from what i seen the past 3 season Lebron is superior to both Wade and Bryant.

Nice green bar bro. REAL TALK.

brandonislegend
09-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Durant has so much potential its scary.

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Nice green bar bro. REAL TALK.

thanks bro

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Durant has so much potential its scary.

yeah i have wet dreams about it too

whatever666
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Not saying he aint good, but yes... very overrated... he should not be compared to Lebron, Kobe, Wade... he aint better than Carmelo.... and he is arguably better than Danny Granger.... You see, he is a great scorer, but thats about it....

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Not saying he aint good, but yes... very overrated... he should not be compared to Lebron, Kobe, Wade... he aint better than Carmelo.... and he is arguably better than Danny Granger.... You see, he is a great scorer, but thats about it....

again with the Danny Granger bullsh!t:lol

Kevin Durant 2nd season in the NBA was better than Danny Granger allstar season

joyner82
09-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Durant scored 38 points today

Danny Granger played 44 seconds

Yep Granger is right on Durant's level :facepalm

Willkill24
09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Espn is overrating him!

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Durant scored 38 points today

Danny Granger played 44 seconds

Yep Granger is right on Durant's level :facepalm

:cheers:

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Espn is overrating him!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cYGzCgL6U-8/S-Jo-NE_8SI/AAAAAAAAALM/ZGmRkcr0fVo/s1600/Kobe+ESPN+Mag.jpg
http://sneakermestupid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kobe_doin_work.jpg

Willkill24
09-11-2010, 07:38 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cYGzCgL6U-8/S-Jo-NE_8SI/AAAAAAAAALM/ZGmRkcr0fVo/s1600/Kobe+ESPN+Mag.jpg
http://sneakermestupid.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kobe_doin_work.jpg
Lol

whatever666
09-11-2010, 07:48 PM
again with the Danny Granger bullsh!t:lol

Kevin Durant 2nd season in the NBA was better than Danny Granger allstar season

Danny Granger can do anything Kevin Durant can do + Danny is a better defender and competitor....

Even the scoring, what you failed to notice the reason to Kevins 30 ppg season is the high FG attempts and ridicilous amount of trips to the FT line where he shoots 88%..... Give Danny that many FG attempts and lets see who averages more points...

joyner82
09-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Danny Granger can do anything Kevin Durant can do + Danny is a better defender and competitor....

Even the scoring, what you failed to notice the reason to Kevins 30 ppg season is the high FG attempts and ridicilous amount of trips to the FT line where he shoots 88%..... Give Danny that many FG attempts and lets see who averages more points...

I really hope you're a troll and not this dumb for your own sake

OnceInADECADE
09-11-2010, 07:54 PM

http://northstationsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/danny_granger.jpg

Just 2 more shot attempts. That dude is chucking up 7 3point shots a game:facepalm :facepalm . He is good but not Melo-KD-Roy good. He is on Iggy love.

Danny"Lebron James wannabe"Granger:lol

Flamboyant
09-11-2010, 08:19 PM

Put Kobe, Lebron, Melo, Wade etc in Durant shoes on that team and they would drop the same or even better numbers.

LeBron/Wade putting up better numbers than Durant? How can they do so, when they are not in the same stratosphere as far as shooting goes? You might take them over KD for NBA games, but there is little to no chance they'll do anything close to what Durant does in international stage. I know they bring other things to the table, but it won't make up for what you lose. Tonight's game, and the game against Brasil would have definitely been lost if USA had them (or even Melo) instead of Durant.

People who say he is overrated: Have you ever seen anyone have such a complete offensive game at his age. Personally I haven't. He is definitely on his way to be the greatest scorer we have ever seen. Sure he isn't there yet, but in future I can see him average 35ppg on 50%/40%/90%. And he will improve his all-around game as well. Dude is the new generations MJ/Kobe, the guy that works every single day to get better. His desire gets a bit overlooked because he is a much nicer guy than them.

I don't think anyone has said he's the best in the league atm. But he can get there really soon.

Sarcastic
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Um, did you read the thread. Someone called him "probably" the greatest scorer we have ever seen.

Simple Jack
09-11-2010, 09:03 PM
LeBron/Wade putting up better numbers than Durant? How can they do so, when they are not in the same stratosphere as far as shooting goes? You might take them over KD for NBA games, but there is little to no chance they'll do anything close to what Durant does in international stage. I know they bring other things to the table, but it won't make up for what you lose. Tonight's game, and the game against Brasil would have definitely been lost if USA had them (or even Melo) instead of Durant.

People who say he is overrated: Have you ever seen anyone have such a complete offensive game at his age. Personally I haven't. He is definitely on his way to be the greatest scorer we have ever seen. Sure he isn't there yet, but in future I can see him average 35ppg on 50%/40%/90%. And he will improve his all-around game as well. Dude is the new generations MJ/Kobe, the guy that works every single day to get better. His desire gets a bit overlooked because he is a much nicer guy than them.

I don't think anyone has said he's the best in the league atm. But he can get there really soon.

LeBron/Wade were both extremely efficient in FIBA IIRC. LeBron went ape-shit in FIBA America's.

Flamboyant
09-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Um, did you read the thread. Someone called him "probably" the greatest scorer we have ever seen.

Actually joyner called him the greatest scorer we will ever see. Obviously he meant future Durant. I know his Durant love gets annoying sometimes, but you can't deny that the potential is there.

LeBron/Wade were both extremely efficient in FIBA IIRC. LeBron went ape-shit in FIBA America's.

I never said they'd be crap, but they won't be able to better up Durant (as the TS suggested). Plus Fiba Americas are not nearly as serious as WCs/Olympics. They have lost like 5 times in international stage already. And while I can overlook 04 Olympics, losing to Greece in WC06 is unforgivable. That same Greek team was destroyed by Gasol-less Spain team in the final. They can put up great numbers against inferior teams, but their production won't be on par on games that matter. Don't take it as offense, but their games simply don't suit international play as much as KDs game does.

thomaspynchon
09-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I like Durant but he was abysmal in his first playoffs appearance, so it's hard to proclaim him best in the NBA already. He's beasting against weak competition now but I do hope to continues his play against Turkey.

I think folks who watch the NBA religiously know how good he is.

Sarcastic
09-11-2010, 09:32 PM
Actually joyner called him the greatest scorer we will ever see. Obviously he meant future Durant. I know his Durant love gets annoying sometimes, but you can't deny that the potential is there.

Durant is not and will not be the best at anything. He is a great player, and will win many accolades, but I can assure you he will not pass Wilt nor Jordan nor Kareem in ability to score.

Cork5
09-11-2010, 09:53 PM
The only thing Durant has on Lebron is outside shooting. Other than that, Lebron is better at every other facet of the game.

There is no way Manu is doing this to Lebron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm9Y-vqZsEo

hahahaha well what about kyle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9EwZkEbW8Q&feature=related

chris2010
09-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Sky is the limit for him. Has all the tools to rule the nba and he is still humble about it.

Sarcastic
09-11-2010, 09:58 PM
hahahaha well what about kyle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9EwZkEbW8Q&feature=related

Not nearly the same.

Lebron was avoiding Williams and trying to lay it in.

Durant was going for the clean dunk and instead got punked.

Willkill24
09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't wanna hate but durant will never win a title as a first option ever period and he is not top 5 right now and to me he is just another Carmelo Anthony. A good scorer but that's it.

fbnyc
09-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Of course Lebron is better overall at this point and is not even on the same level.

Durant is a great shooter, decent rebounder, decent on-ball defender and doesn't really command the ball which is good and bad if you really look at it.

He is what he is....does he really need to be that much better than Lebron in other facets of his game to be considered at his level? I say give him a year or two with some playoff experience.

I think people are just drawn by his work ethic and humble personality. Kid is only 21 and this summer (albeit with a little lesser competition) he showed to us what he is capable of. Let's see if it can translate to this upcoming season.

Simple Jack
09-11-2010, 10:26 PM

I never said they'd be crap, but they won't be able to better up Durant (as the TS suggested). Plus Fiba Americas are not nearly as serious as WCs/Olympics. They have lost like 5 times in international stage already. And while I can overlook 04 Olympics, losing to Greece in WC06 is unforgivable. That same Greek team was destroyed by Gasol-less Spain team in the final. They can put up great numbers against inferior teams, but their production won't be on par on games that matter. Don't take it as offense, but their games simply don't suit international play as much as KDs game does.

Are you unaware that both Wade and LeBron played fantastic in the Olympics? Everyone here but Lakers Fan agrees that the Olympic competition is much harder than the WC.

fbnyc
09-11-2010, 10:27 PM

You cannot play Lebron at four positions. I would say 3 but that's stretching it. Durant probably 2.

If we're talking in terms of fouls Durant is better at wearing down his defender with the fouls. Lebron wears his defender down by his penetration and open court play. Lebron also has more power in his drive yes, but he could use that power even more if he developed any type of post game which he does not have at all. That's the only reason why I say you can't put him at the 4.

I do agree if I was GM I would rather have Lebron obviously for his play. No doubt about that. Although in the back of mind if I was thinking more as in terms of looking at the future, the ability to build a team around him and marketing factor I would seriously consider Durant. Kids only 21 and has a great upside.

Flamboyant
09-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Durant is not and will not be the best at anything. He is a great player, and will win many accolades, but I can assure you he will not pass Wilt nor Jordan nor Kareem in ability to score.

No you can't. Durant is a more versatile scorer than them. I said I can see Durant having 50/40/90 season, while averaging well over 30ppg. Thats something none of the goat scorers have ever even got close to. For scoring Durant is the all-time best at his age, and there is no reason for me to believe he will not be better than everybody when he hits his prime.

Are you unaware that both Wade and LeBron played fantastic in the Olympics? Everyone here but Lakers Fan agrees that the Olympic competition is much harder than the WC.

I know Olympics are a step ahead of World Cups in basketball, but World Cups are just as serious. And while they were great in 08, they weren't exactly like Durant. I repeat that I didn't say they'll play bad. But the guy I replied said if they were in Durant's shoes they'd do the same, and probably better. Durant just had a 38pt/9rb game while shooting 56% from the field, 42% from 3, and 100% from the line. LeBron/Wade never had anything similar to this kind of production, and there is nothing to suggest they'd do any better. Currently I'd take both players over Durant for NBA games, but for international play the answer shall be obvious.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 11:37 PM
What Durant is doing is way more impressive then what those guys did at the olympics. Durant is dominating as the only scorer on this team and the only great player on this team. That Olympic team was full of HOFer's/NBA all stars.

That team had a team FG% of 56% which is just absurd. You had people like Chris Bosh shooting 78% from the field just being fed layups by Chris Paul.

Durant on the other hand is scoring in ISO sets constantly as he's the only offensive weapon this team has. Durant has ended every run a team has made every game thus far. He has just decimated the competition with virtually no offensive help.

Nobody has ever put on a performance like this for team USA, EVER.

Bring-Your-Js
09-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Nobody's been in Durant's position to do it either.

I'd say its safe to say MJ, LeBron, Wade or Kobe would rip them a new asshole the same if they were playing with merely nba talent rather than Superstars.

joyner82
09-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Nobody's been in Durant's position to do it either.

I'd say its safe to say MJ, LeBron, Wade or Kobe would rip them a new asshole the same if they were playing with merely nba talent rather than Superstars.

Yes I'm sure they would be putting up 22 ppg on 55/44/94 which equates to 68 TS%(#1 among all teams in the tourney) with average players when they couldn't even match it with superstars to set them up with easy baskets.

Durant just became the first player since Jordan in 1992 to average >30ppg on TS>60%

I guess everyone could do it if they were put in position, right? Yet you have the Kobe's/Melo's of the world putting up 27/28 ppg on 55 TS%

plowking
09-11-2010, 11:51 PM
I seriously think joyner is the only one who does it. I used to like Durant before he came here.

The dude knows nothing about basketball and likes to regurgitate advanced stats. No one cares about TS% or PER or whatever the hell else you use.

And no, it wasn't the greatest scoring season ever, or in the top 10 for that matter.

Maga_1
09-12-2010, 12:21 AM
I seriously think joyner is the only one who does it. I used to like Durant before he came here.

The dude knows nothing about basketball and likes to regurgitate advanced stats. No one cares about TS% or PER or whatever the hell else you use.

And no, it wasn't the greatest scoring season ever, or in the top 10 for that matter.

He doesn't no anything about basketball, but he knows EVERYTHING about Durant.

Willkill24
09-12-2010, 12:28 AM

Yep and durants ts% is so high cause he is like 95 ft% shooter

joyner82
09-12-2010, 12:33 AM
Yep and durants ts% is so high cause he is like 95 ft% shooter

And your point? Last time I checked missing 2 free throws is the same as missing a FG

Durant's ability to get to the line 10+ times a game @ 90% is probably the biggest single weapon a player in the league has. That's basically 9 free points.

Willkill24
09-12-2010, 12:44 AM
And your point? Last time I checked missing 2 free throws is the same as missing a FG

Durant's ability to get to the line 10+ times a game @ 90% is probably the biggest single weapon a player in the league has. That's basically 9 free points.
Yea but look at Jordan he was one of the best slashers period and he took a like 25 shots per game and shot 50% and that's impressive and durant gets a lot of dumbass calls that's how he gets to the line

Rocker09
09-12-2010, 12:50 AM
He's only 21 years old and he's already giving opposing teams problems....He's a better scorer than Lebron but IMO he still lacks a good passing ability...His defense also needs to improve......

38 pts in the FIBA semis is not overrated....

thejumpa
09-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Kevin Durant-Taller, longer version of Carmelo Anthony without the post game. Young and super deadly when he wants to score(99% of the time). Overrated? Eh depends on what you mean. Most people say he's the best scorer in the league. He probably is. 30ppg in the NBA is no joke and 38 in FIBA is nothing, either. He's a beast and is super young.

....But he isn't ****ing wiht Wade,Kobe,LeBron,Dirk,blah blah blah...soon though. Until people start saying he's better then those people, he isn't overrated to me.

joyner82
09-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Yea but look at Jordan he was one of the best slashers period and he took a like 25 shots per game and shot 50% and that's impressive and durant gets a lot of dumbass calls that's how he gets to the line

Prime Jordan was taking 22.7 FGA and 7.4 FTA to get 30.1 ppg. 7.4 FTA converts to about 3.3 FGA. So Jordan was using 26 shots to get 30.1 PPG.

Last season 21 year old Durant average 20.1 FGA and 10.3 FTA to get 30.1 ppg. 10.3 FTA converts to 4.5 FGA so Durant required 24.5 FGA to get 30.1 ppg.

If you can't see how that's insanely efficient I don't know what to tell you.

Willkill24
09-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Prime Jordan was taking 22.7 FGA and 7.4 FTA to get 30.1 ppg. 7.4 FTA converts to about 3.3 FGA. So Jordan was using 26 shots to get 30.1 PPG.

Last season 21 year old Durant average 20.1 FGA and 10.3 FTA to get 30.1 ppg. 10.3 FTA converts to 4.5 FGA so Durant required 24.5 FGA to get 30.1 ppg.

If you can't see how that's insanely efficient I don't know what to tell you.
It's efficent but so was Ray Allen in his prime. Yes durant is efficient but saying he is the best scorer scince mj is stupid

Simple Jack
09-12-2010, 01:36 AM
No you can't. Durant is a more versatile scorer than them. I said I can see Durant having 50/40/90 season, while averaging well over 30ppg. Thats something none of the goat scorers have ever even got close to. For scoring Durant is the all-time best at his age, and there is no reason for me to believe he will not be better than everybody when he hits his prime.

I know Olympics are a step ahead of World Cups in basketball, but World Cups are just as serious. And while they were great in 08, they weren't exactly like Durant. I repeat that I didn't say they'll play bad. But the guy I replied said if they were in Durant's shoes they'd do the same, and probably better. Durant just had a 38pt/9rb game while shooting 56% from the field, 42% from 3, and 100% from the line. LeBron/Wade never had anything similar to this kind of production, and there is nothing to suggest they'd do any better. Currently I'd take both players over Durant for NBA games, but for international play the answer shall be obvious.
:wtf:

LeBron overall, on a higher stage of competition, was certainly comparable with even better players around him (less opportunity for production). He was a more imposing physical presence on the court.

mayo'sgrizz
09-12-2010, 02:16 AM
last 2 games he has absolutely erupted and has been unstoppable scoring the ball with 33 and 38.

def false bout him bein overrated hope ur kidding

Mr Clutch Melo
09-12-2010, 04:16 AM

Pthere really soon.

Did you see the Olympics? Wade was BEASTING and James also played well, he also BEASTED in FIBA 06.

Look, all I'm saying is that Durants play in FIBA is getting overrated. Give the elite scorers in the league the same amount of shots, and they also would be dropping 35 +++ points.

joyner82
09-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Did you see the Olympics? Wade was BEASTING and James also played well, he also BEASTED in FIBA 06.

Look, all I'm saying is that Durants play in FIBA is getting overrated. Give the elite scorers in the league the same amount of shots, and they also would be dropping 35 +++ points.

LMFAO!!!!! 35 points on 25 shots....that has been done averaged 0 times in NBA history. GTFO

j3lademaster
09-12-2010, 04:33 AM
I don't know about you guys but I was actually quite impressed by Durant's defense his first playoff appearance. Yeah Artest beat him up that series, but he's arguably the best perimeter defender of the 00's and I can't think of any other 21 year old who wouldn't be petrified by that beast. Let's not forget Artest had the best of Lebron in Lebron's earlier years. If you want to say he's a top 5 player and most valuable (in terms of age, skill and upside) I don't think that's a stretch at all. Comparing him to the likes of MJ is... yeah.

Sarcastic
09-12-2010, 04:39 AM
FIBA play has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with will happen in the NBA next year.

Mr Clutch Melo
09-12-2010, 04:39 AM
LMFAO!!!!! 35 points on 25 shots....that has been done averaged 0 times in NBA history. GTFO

Give the elite scorers 25 shots, and they would also drop 38 +++ points

Get Durants d*ck out of your mouth:facepalm

joyner82
09-12-2010, 04:57 AM
Give the elite scorers 25 shots, and they would also drop 38 +++ points

Get Durants d*ck out of your mouth:facepalm

Durant is leading the entire tourney in TS%. That includes idiots from Australia who shoot 75% from the field on nothing but put back dunks.

GTFO Melo with an all star team in the 06 FIBA games barely matched Durants numbers from the 2010 regular season as far as efficiency goes. There is a reason he is getting so much praise, he's destroying EVERYONE.

Sarcastic
09-12-2010, 05:08 AM
For the last time, FIBA means absolutely nothing at all. Absolutely, positively nothing.

Lebron23
09-12-2010, 05:11 AM
For the last time, FIBA means absolutely nothing at all. Absolutely, positively nothing.

This

Luis Scola is averaging 30 ppg in the FIBA Competition. Is he the best player in the World?

Rojogaqu11
09-12-2010, 05:11 AM
After Kobe, Durantula is my favorite player to watch. He's so young and has the potential to be the scoring champion for the next 10 years and break many records.

All Net
09-12-2010, 07:27 AM
Durant has been overrated a little here, don't get me wrong guy has played great but does anybody really think guys like Lebron, kobe and Wade wouldn't be doing the same if they were on this team instead of KD?

ZenMaster
09-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Durant has been overrated a little here, don't get me wrong guy has played great but does anybody really think guys like Lebron, kobe and Wade wouldn't be doing the same if they were on this team instead of KD?

No but those 3 are the 3 best players in the world at their positions. Mentioning those 3 guys just shows that KD is up there.

All Net
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
No but those 3 are the 3 best players in the world at their positions. Mentioning those 3 guys just shows that KD is up there.

He certainly is, top 5-7 I feel. Wouldn't surprise me if he considered 4th this year.

oh the horror
09-12-2010, 08:05 AM
You're either not very bright.....are too young to have grown up watching various other superstars mature over time, or you're hating if you do not think this kid is going to be an absolute monster in due time.

People forget that this kid is putting up grown ass man numbers, and hes what? 21, 22 years old so far?

I know its hard for some of you to comprehend, because YOU, YOURSELVES are either that age, or younger, but GENERALLY 20-25 year olds in the league are still vastly maturing, and havent even come close to entering their peak years in the league.....

Throughout the years a player matures mentally as well as physically....Kevin Durant, LIKE LEBRON is another freak of the game....in that both players make it look extremely easy.

Durant, has gotten better, and BETTER as he has had more time, growth, experience, and age. You can clearly see he is improving, getting smarter, and getting stronger, and with that, his game continues to grow more and more.

You're kidding yourselves if you dont think this kid is going to be unstoppable in a few years.

So in short, NO....he is not overrated....hes just that good.

Its basically going to be Durant and James running the league during the next decade kiddies.

Flamboyant
09-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I know Olympics are a step ahead of World Cups in basketball, but World Cups are just as serious.

:wtf:

Lol, I guess I deserved the wtf. :lol

What I meant was winning in Olympics is more respectable than winning WCs. But WCs are just as serious as tournaments, and every teams ultimate goal is to get the gold. They prepare to it just like they do for the olympics. This years tournament set a bad example because so many players didn't come, but this was the first time it was the case.
Americas never create the buzz the other two do, and while they sure want to get the gold these tournaments are just viewed as getting tickets to the bigger ones.

LeBron overall, on a higher stage of competition, was certainly comparable with even better players around him (less opportunity for production). He was a more imposing physical presence on the court.

Once again you can pick LeBron (or Wade) for his all-around game. He is obviously a better all around player. But as a scorer Durant is better. They beasted the competition throughout the tournament, but there is a reason they lost to Greece in 06, and differed to Kobe in crunch against Spain in 08. You can't expect them carry the teams offensive load the way Durant is. Against elite international teams penetrating becomes much much tougher, and you'll need more reliable shooting skills to match up Durants production, which both LeBron & Wade lack.

Durants Fiba play can't be overrated since it's the best we've ever seen by anyone under team USA jersey. I don't know if it's that you guys are Durant haters, LeBron/Wade fans, or simply annoyed by joyner, but the fact is Durant is shotting 55/45/95 % and those numbers aren't easy to match. You mentioned that their production would go up if they were in the same circumstances, but at the same time their percentages would go down. There is nothing to support your theory of them dropping 35+ in the same amount of shots. You're just speculating.

monkeypox
09-12-2010, 09:33 AM
It's kind of natural, he fills a niche very well. People who don't like Kobe, who have been turned off by the super team, and want to get in on the bandwagon early basically have one player to turn to. The younger players like Wall and Jennings are still too young and unproven, the older guys everyone already has an opinion on and are probably too late for even the flakiest bandwagon fan to jump on to. So they're pretty much left with Durant if you want a safe bet for the next big thing. I guess it's the nice thing about being a loyal fan, you don't have to worry about stuff like this.

AK47DR91
09-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Besides Wade, I think Durant has had the best first 3 seasons since Jordan as a scorer/scoring threat.

Definitely better than LeBron and Melo's first 3 seasons when it comes to scoring.

OnceInADECADE
09-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Besides Wade, I think Durant has had the best first 3 seasons since Jordan as a scorer/scoring threat.

Definitely better than LeBron and Melo's first 3 seasons when it comes to scoring.

:facepalm

necya
09-12-2010, 05:18 PM
no, he is the future of the league. healthy,he will be better than any players who actually play.

JellyBean
09-12-2010, 05:37 PM
False. How is he overrated when he is the team leader?

heyhey
09-12-2010, 05:59 PM
This thread is ironic coming from a poster named Mr. Clutch Melo. Carmelo Anthony is the most overrated "superstar" in the league. He has never led his team anywhere until his Buck Tooth Chauncy came to town. The guy is a glorified scorerer. Thug life is never going to win a championship.

HBKMGa
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Thug life is never going to win a championship.

The Thuggets will no longer exist after next season.

ILLsmak
09-15-2010, 04:38 PM
lol wow let's go from one overrated thread to the other.

Nah, I don't think KD is overrated by anyone except his fan boys. He is a lot better than "just a guy who can shoot", but he's not "the best player in the NBA."

I think he will be soon, though. Anyone who can get 30ppg and lead a bad team to the playoffs and a few wins vs the champions is not overrated. Even if he did get owned in that series...

Plus, I admit I didn't watch much but everyone is saying KD killed FIBA. So that's going to be fresh in people's minds.

-Smak