PDA

View Full Version : AK47 just screwed the Jazz for their next game against the Lakers

hotsizzle
11-25-2006, 04:09 AM
About Kobe:

"When I guard him, I don't remember him scoring any points," said Kirilenko, who rushed to avoid making that sound like a boast. "Don't get me wrong, next game will be different. He will take it personally. But I did my part for tonight."

I wouldnt have said that if I was him. Good luck AK

Cool
11-25-2006, 04:10 AM
About Kobe:

"When I guard him, I don't remember him scoring any points," said Kirilenko, who rushed to avoid making that sound like a boast. "Don't get me wrong, next game will be different. He will take it personally. But I did my part for tonight."

That I kind of a little cocky of him to say. Being his first game back. But whatever Kobe will get him back for that.

LakersDynasty
11-25-2006, 04:11 AM
:roll: He's in for it regardless, going to be at the game. Staples will be crazy, not even thinking about the games in between. :banana:

rezznor
11-25-2006, 04:15 AM
just got home, who won

LakersDynasty
11-25-2006, 04:17 AM
114-108 Utah won. We were tied with 2 mins left but Smush Parker's heroics sealed the deal for Utah. :rolleyes:

Loki, they are playing this Thursday.

Loki
When do they meet again? Yeah, he probably should've held that back. He should concentrate on getting his own anemic offensive game going; he's been invisible on the offensive end this season, averaging a mere 7.9 ppg as compared to 15.3 ppg last season.

hotsizzle
just got home, who won

lakers were up all game but deron lit smush up with 10 of his 15 pts in final 3 mins or so and utah won by 6...one of the best games of the yr though

rezznor
11-25-2006, 04:24 AM
i see...thanks

konex
11-25-2006, 05:04 AM
LOL, Kobe didn't try to score in the 4th till the last minute. Lakers were working the Kwame/Okur mismatch and it was working pretty good. AK should let a sleeping dog lie...

ManUtd
11-25-2006, 05:10 AM
You better watch out you ****in Ivan Drago wannabe. It's on, ****er!!!!

Kblaze8855
11-25-2006, 05:11 AM
The Jazz and rest of the west would be better off if Kobe did try to win games by scoring on his own. If he wants to play the role of 01-04 Tmac they will let him. If he comes out looking to win a personal matchup the Lakers will be worse for it. And I suspect hes old enough to know that now. Best revenge is a win no matter if he has 15 or 50.

Horde of Temujin
11-25-2006, 05:19 AM
Just like Ivan Draco to say something like that.
I will crush you!

ManUtd
11-25-2006, 05:33 AM
I Must Break You

I win for me! FOR ME!

ManUtd
11-25-2006, 05:34 AM
The Jazz and rest of the west would be better off if Kobe did try to win games by scoring on his own. If he wants to play the role of 01-04 Tmac they will let him. If he comes out looking to win a personal matchup the Lakers will be worse for it. And I suspect hes old enough to know that now. Best revenge is a win no matter if he has 15 or 50.

During the fight, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way I feel about you, and the way you feel about me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I can change, and you can change, EVERYONE CAN CHANGE

ManUtd
11-25-2006, 05:35 AM
If he dies, he dies!!!

LakersDynasty
11-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Are you drunk dude? :confusedshrug:

ManUtd
11-25-2006, 05:37 AM
Are you drunk dude? :confusedshrug:

You call him a killer. He's a professional fighter, not a killer. We are getting death threats. We are not involved in politics. All I want is for my husband to be safe, and to be treated fairly. You have this belief that you are better than us. You have this belief that this country is so very good and we are so very bad. You have this belief that you are so fair and we are so very cruel.

LakersDynasty
11-25-2006, 05:39 AM
I'll take that as a yes.....:applause:

Amare32
11-25-2006, 02:07 PM
About Kobe:

Utah are 12-1

Why do they need luck? not like AK said this to a living legend or anything.

He didn't bash Kobe anyway.

joewait
11-25-2006, 02:52 PM
he's right though. I saw that game and he locked up Kobe. I don't see how ben wallace is a better defender than kirielnko, but i know why kirilenko won't get DPOY

geeWiz15
11-25-2006, 02:59 PM
wrong.

he just won the game for the Jazz. Kobe is going to take it personally and try to win the game on his own. and we all know what happens when Kobe tries to win on his own. he shoots 35% and his team loses. Kobe is not Jordan, he does not score at will. one time in 10, Kobe will be successful trying to carry on his own. see: 81 pt game. but most of the time Kobe brings himself down.

MaxFly
11-25-2006, 03:04 PM

Lol, I love trash talking. It makes the game so much more interesting. I love how he quickly tries to take it back at the end with the "Don't get me wrong..." and then makes things worse with the "He will take it personally."

I think Bryant's mentality has changed though. He's not going to jeopardize the next game to settle a personal score. His reaction to Kwame Brown's dunk a few games ago sheds light on his mentality. I had the Jazz penciled in for a win on thursday, but Kirilenko damaged their chances. I also feel somewhat sorry for NJ fans tomorrow...

MaxFly
11-25-2006, 03:05 PM
wrong.

he just won the game for the Jazz.

Why do you insist on making bold statements about games you didn't watch?

hotsizzle
11-25-2006, 03:08 PM
wrong.

he just won the game for the Jazz. Kobe is going to take it personally and try to win the game on his own. and we all know what happens when Kobe tries to win on his own. he shoots 35% and his team loses. Kobe is not Jordan, he does not score at will. one time in 10, Kobe will be successful trying to carry on his own. see: 81 pt game. but most of the time Kobe brings himself down.

one time outta ten???..hes done it and won 45 times last year with a 45 FG% not a 35...Lakers had a very good win% when he scored 40+ last yr...in the long run, its not good for the team but did win alot of the games by just taking over last yr

Glove_20
11-25-2006, 03:08 PM
What is this?

Lakers aren't on the same level as the Jazz

The Jazz will beat LA again

Lakers were lucky to only lose by 6, Kwame, Kobe, and Odom won't have big games again

MaxFly
11-25-2006, 03:43 PM
What is this?

Lakers aren't on the same level as the Jazz

The Jazz will beat LA again

Lakers were lucky to only lose by 6, Kwame, Kobe, and Odom won't have big games again I hope.

Fixed that for you.

geeWiz15
11-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Why do you insist on making bold statements about games you didn't watch?
once again will you STOP ACTING LIKE YOUVE CAUGHT ME MASTTURBATING IN MY ROOM. you're not Sherlock Holmes and you have not spotted an inconsistency in my argument.

last time I made an OFFHAND COMMENT. and this time I'm talking about a game that NOBODY has watched yet, that hasn't even taken place yet.

GOD.

one time outta ten???..hes done it and won 45 times last year with a 45 FG% not a 35...Lakers had a very good win% when he scored 40+ last yr...in the long run, its not good for the team but did win alot of the games by just taking over last yr
well he wasn't playing on a personal vendetta every game, was he?

Glove_20
11-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Fixed that for you.
Probability says: There are more chances they won't then they will

So you hope

MaxFly
11-25-2006, 03:57 PM
once again will you STOP ACTING LIKE YOUVE CAUGHT ME MASTTURBATING IN MY ROOM. you're not Sherlock Holmes and you have not spotted an inconsistency in my argument.

last time I made an OFFHAND COMMENT. and this time I'm talking about a game that NOBODY has watched yet, that hasn't even taken place yet.

GOD.

You just said...

he just won the game for the Jazz. Kobe is going to take it personally and try to win the game on his own.

Is that based on his play this season? You're not watching any games. How can you predict what he will do?

hotsizzle
11-25-2006, 03:57 PM
well he wasn't playing on a personal vendetta every game, was he?

my bad then, thought you meant whenever he "takes over"...or goes off for 50 pts or something... against raptors though, it wasnt personal either, he came in the game, they were losing by 18 (had 26 at halftime) then he decided to take over and they won by 16..I wouldnt call that personal vendetta..hes had to take over many times that season hence his 27 or something 40 pts games..but as I said, its not good for the team in the long run.

EuJazz
11-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Why is AK 'in for it' when he spoke the truth?

Kobe didn't try to score because he was locked down by AK. Not one bucket against him. It's not going to light a fire under Kobe's ass, he knows he was "like a vault baby, locked down."

CakeorDeath
11-25-2006, 07:40 PM
This is why a lot of people can't stand Laker fans.

Kobe goes scoreless against an elite defender in the league and Laker fans can't give credit where it is due. The only response they can muster up is "oh, well Kobe didn't try to score." Maybe he did but he was unable to because a 6'9" defensive juggernaut with a 7' wingspan was in his face.

Then, AK says that he played good defense on Kobe and Laker fans freak out like AK just woke up a sleeping dragon by running his mouth off. AK isn't Charles Dickens, people; sometimes completely benign statements can be made to seem inflammatory simply by taking them out of context because AK's English isn't that great. He just said that he thought he played good D on Kobe, what's wrong with that?

Nobody said that the Lakers were in for a world of hurt because Kobe said he was licking his chops at the opportunity to go off against the Jazz. That's more trash-talk than AK ever did.

Kobe says: "I'm licking my chops in anticipation of playing Utah."
Laker fans say: "Oh yeah, Utah is screwed!"
End result: Jazz win

AK47 says: "I think I played good defense on Kobe, but it will be different next game."
End result: TBD

Props to the Lakers on last night's game, though; they played about as well as I've seen them play all year. They hit an amazing percentage of their threes, got to the line consistently (though due to a lot of flopping), and kept the Jazz out of sync for 2 1/2 quarters.

Should be a great game on Thursday.

hotsizzle
11-25-2006, 07:45 PM
This thread wasnt made with the intent of downplaying AK's defenseive performance on Kobe. But it is very well know from the past, that Kobe takes stuff like that personal and responds. It is by no means to bash AK.

AND

Kobe goes scoreless against an elite defender in the league and Laker fans can't give credit where it is due. The only response they can muster up is "oh, well Kobe didn't try to score."

Kobe didnt go scoreless, he had 25 pts in 3 qtrs. Props to AK for containing him in the 4th

indy
11-25-2006, 07:55 PM
This is why a lot of people can't stand Laker fans.

Kobe goes scoreless against an elite defender in the league and Laker fans can't give credit where it is due. The only response they can muster up is "oh, well Kobe didn't try to score." Maybe he did but he was unable to because a 6'9" defensive juggernaut with a 7' wingspan was in his face.

Then, AK says that he played good defense on Kobe and Laker fans freak out like AK just woke up a sleeping dragon by running his mouth off. AK isn't Charles Dickens, people; sometimes completely benign statements can be made to seem inflammatory simply by taking them out of context because AK's English isn't that great. He just said that he thought he played good D on Kobe, what's wrong with that?

Nobody said that the Lakers were in for a world of hurt because Kobe said he was licking his chops at the opportunity to go off against the Jazz. That's more trash-talk than AK ever did.

Kobe says: "I'm licking my chops in anticipation of playing Utah."
End result: Jazz win

AK47 says: "I think I played good defense on Kobe, but it will be different next game."
End result: TBD

Props to the Lakers on last night's game, though; they played about as well as I've seen them play all year. They hit an amazing percentage of their threes, got to the line consistently (though due to a lot of flopping), and kept the Jazz out of sync for 2 1/2 quarters.

Should be a great game on Thursday.
But the problem is kobe didn't try just like the second half of the game 7 against Suns.
A week ago against detroit again he didn't try to do anything except when the game was out of reach.
Strange performances from kobe especially from a player whose supposed to be only desire is winnig games.

lakers-city
11-25-2006, 07:56 PM
just spit the hate out, is bad for your health

NBAEMoreira022
11-25-2006, 08:00 PM
AK47 is just mad that Kobe's wife actually cares about their relationship together. His wife let's him have another women as a treat once a year. ROFL. All jokes aside, Kobe just got back from surgery, AK47 should just shut up. I lost all respect that I had for him.

Prodigy
11-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Kobe just got back from surgery, AK47 should just shut up. I lost all respect that I had for him.

AK47 was just playing his first game back from injury... Kobe has at least played a dozen games... :hammerhead:

hotsizzle
11-25-2006, 08:08 PM
But the problem is kobe didn't try just like the second half of the game 7 against Suns.
A week ago against detroit again he didn't try to do anything except when the game was out of reach.
Strange performances from kobe especially from a player whose supposed to be only desire is winnig games.

Kwame: 10+ points in the 4th qtr

Odom: 8 or 9 points I think in the 4th qtr

Luke had his share...

Kobe was still effective passing the ball to them. good job by AK but this kobe quit sh!t is BS. dude won 3 titles (sure he did it with a prim shaq) but kobe had his share of perforiming in the clutch and leading the lakers on unbelievable comebacks.

CakeorDeath
11-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Kobe didnt go scoreless, he had 25 pts in 3 qtrs.

Didn't mean to suggest that he went scoreless for the game, just scoreless when AK was guarding him. Most of those 25 came against Brewer, Giricek, and Miles.

Strange performances from kobe

In defense of Kobe (and I can't believe I'm actually doing this), his knee might have been a factor late in the game. If you look at the last shots he took, and his missed FTs in the 4th, he didn't appear to be getting much lift out of his legs. Fatigue definitely could have played a role.

AK47 is just mad that Kobe's wife actually cares about their relationship together. His wife let's him have another women as a treat once a year.

"Caring" about the relationship hasn't stopped Kobe from having other women.

AK may have permission but he's never used it. I guarantee Kobe has had more mistresses than AK.

I lost all respect that I had for him.

If that's all it took, you must not have had a whole lot of respect for him in the first place.

LakersDynasty
11-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Phil Jackson said yesterday after the game that Kobe was really tired in the 4th quarter and I watched the game again last night. Early in the 4th when Kobe was sent to the line he was literally gasping for air. Shouldn't be an excuse but might have something to do with it. Besides, Kwame and Odom caught fire during that stretch, the problem wasn't offense. It was our defense, especially in the last 2 minutes with Deron going off for 10 points.

The Mamba
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Could because of the mountains and the thin air in that region? It used to happen to the Bulls when they went out there.

Kobe24
11-25-2006, 08:44 PM
I guarantee a win next thursday.

telephone
11-25-2006, 08:46 PM
I dont think you have the credibility to guarantee a win when you dont even contribute to the lakers.

CakeorDeath
11-25-2006, 08:54 PM
I guarantee a win next thursday

I suspect that you will, too, if for no other reason than the Jazz will be playing the second night of a back-to-back, the first game being against the Spurs.

I imagine we'll roll into L.A. pretty worn out. But thems the breaks, no excuses, gotta go out and play.

Younggrease
12-01-2006, 01:01 AM

Kobe didn't try to score because he was locked down by AK. Not one bucket against him. It's not going to light a fire under Kobe's ass, he knows he was "like a vault baby, locked down."

All i gotta say is AK is lucky he got out the way, or it would have been a poster. HE was trying to dunk on him all first half.

Younggrease

All i gotta say is AK is lucky he got out the way, or it would have been a poster. HE was trying to dunk on him all first half.

Younggrease

The Mamba
12-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Did Kobe dunk on someone? I missed it...

Just got home from my men's league game.

SoCalMike
12-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Did Kobe dunk on someone? I missed it...

Just got home from my men's league game.

Kobe has had several awesome dunks over the Jazz team!

lol

:pimp:

WADE MONEY
12-01-2006, 01:32 AM
kobe with 39 at the end of the third

edit: my bad, **** nba.com's laggy piece of **** javascript scoreboard

kobe with 52 through 3

SoCalMike
12-01-2006, 01:34 AM
the JAZZ are Kobe's BIOTCH tonite!!!

:banana:

Younggrease
12-01-2006, 01:36 AM
None of this had to happen AK41. All you had to do was shut your mouth. But now look what you did. Kobe is Od'ing on you team, and i think he took your heart.

""When I guard him, I don't remember him scoring any points," "

I'm pretty sure you'll remember now.

The Mamba
12-01-2006, 01:41 AM
Kobe with 50 through 3.

geeWiz15
12-01-2006, 01:44 AM
uhhh yea so...

good call, Wiz.

*owned*

StraightHustlinInTDOT
12-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Kobe is just like MJ, no one talks trash to him and gets away with it

hotsizzle
12-01-2006, 02:29 AM
called it

24/7
12-01-2006, 02:31 AM
called it

props

wild orchid
12-01-2006, 02:45 AM
So does this mean we won't hear any more excuses about Kobe's knee when he is getting torched like he did the other night?

Younggrease
12-01-2006, 02:48 AM
So does this mean we won't hear any more excuses about Kobe's knee when he is getting torched like he did the other night?

thats the thing he isnt even a 100%, his footwork is that good. You could tell on the dunks he didnt have his normal lift.

wild orchid
12-01-2006, 02:55 AM
thats the thing he isnt even a 100%, his footwork is that good. You could tell on the dunks he didnt have his normal lift.

I watched the postgame interview Kobe said his legs feel great.

Younggrease
12-01-2006, 03:01 AM

kobe did respond to that game on his website. He simply says "MArch 7", the next time they meet. Kobe will then put the clamps on him while dropping 40 and getting the W.

kobedaman24
12-01-2006, 03:18 AM
30 in the third... 52 for the game. Hell of ajob by Kobe tonight.

ClutchCityReturns
12-01-2006, 06:04 AM
About Kobe:

I know because you'd be too busy saying "OMG I just played against Kobe freaking Bryant...excuse me while I pleasure myself to the memory...again".

j/k but not really because it's basically true :D

fatboy11
12-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Sizzle proves to be prophetic.

ManUtd
12-01-2006, 09:14 AM
Kobe's still not at 100 %..either that or he's lost a few steps for good.

heavensdevil
12-01-2006, 01:46 PM
ak said kobe didnt score on him?.. I just watched a vid and he scored on AK like 4 times.

MaxFly
12-01-2006, 01:55 PM
ak said kobe didnt score on him?.. I just watched a vid and he scored on AK like 4 times.

Wrong game.

konex
12-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I was rolling after AK got pulled in the 3rd after Kobe dropped like 4 straight on him. Never seen him get served like that :bowdown:

fpliii
09-13-2012, 11:15 PM
nearly 6 year old bump

what do you guys expect from AK this season?

Rowe
09-14-2012, 10:21 AM
nearly 6 year old bump

what do you guys expect from AK this season?
I expect him to screw the Jazz for their next game against the Lakers.

B-Easy8
09-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Hopefully he can give us about 12 points, 6 boards, 1 steal, 1 block per game, as well as playing on the best offensive player.

I really liked what I see from him and Shved in the Olympics.

fatboy11
09-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Whatever happened to Hotsizzle?

Raz
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM
Whatever happened to Hotsizzle?

I guess he retired, I miss his mini-fro.

There's not many of us guys left that post on the regular.