View Full Version : Derrick Rose:"Why can't i be MVP?"

Pages : [1] 2

juju151111
09-27-2010, 03:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5622446 :pimp:

Samurai Swoosh
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Because he isn't close to that caliber ... thats why.

ImmortalD24
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
http://i55.tinypic.com/faa03o.jpg

dr8ked
09-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Because your team won't have enough wins to top out the Heat/Orlando/lakers/Celtics/Thunder

juju151111
We will see about that this season. Stars normally breakout out in their 3rd season.

Samurai Swoosh
We will see about that this season. Stars normally breakout out in their 3rd season.
Do you want to make a bet he won't be anywhere near any MVP talks?

:D

VishaltotheG
09-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Because your team won't have enough wins to top out the Heat/Orlando/lakers/Celtics/Thunder

Why not the Celtics? Do you realize that they only won 50 games last year and now they won't have Perk for a while? How good do you think the O'Neals are going to be?

juju151111
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM

Lets make the Bet then.

Clocian-IGN
09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
:pimp:

Rose
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM

What do you define as "anywhere near"? Note: I don't think he wins it, but has a good shot at finishing top ten.

CJ Mustard
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

RaceBannana
09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
if he puts the number some people here claim he can put next season and the bulls win around 55 games next season.... why not?

CJ Mustard
09-27-2010, 03:51 PM
55 games? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yung D-Will
09-27-2010, 03:52 PM
No one " Can't be mvp"

If you play like an MVP, People will be forced to take notice. Simple as that.

juju151111
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Whats so unbelievable about that??

Rose
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
No one " Can't be mvp"

Avy bet! Rose finishes higher than D-will in mvp voting!

juju151111
09-27-2010, 03:55 PM
No one " Can't be mvp"

Can't have a DR thread without you huh? I agree through, probably gets more votes then Rondo and DW.

RaceBannana
09-27-2010, 03:58 PM

the year Kobe won the MVP....
also the numbers are important, some people here claim he can put 25 pts - 9/10 ast... those are big numbers.... how many players has averaged those? in the modern era of basketball, so no Wilts/Robertsons.

Clocian-IGN
09-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Whats so unbelievable about that??

he prob thinks the bucks will win 55. now THAT is hilarious :lol

juju151111
09-27-2010, 04:01 PM
he prob thinks the bucks will win 55. now THAT is hilarious :lol
:lol :roll: :oldlol:

ImmortalD24
09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
the year Kobe won the MVP....
also the numbers are important, some people here claim he can put 25 pts - 9/10 ast... those are big numbers.... how many players has averaged those? in the modern era of basketball, so no Wilts/Robertsons.
Pretty sure Lakers won 57... and even if the Bulls do win 55+, he'd still have to play at a top 5 level. Right now he isn't even near top 15.

05-06 season the Pistons won a league high 64 games, and Billups at that time > Rose.. yet he still didn't win.

liquidrage
I don't think Rose can be because he's an overrated shoot first PG that people make excuses for on a regular basis.

But there's nothing wrong with what he said. Everyone should think "why not" and work towards their goals.

Yung D-Will
Can't have a DR thread without you huh? I agree through, probably gets more votes then Rondo and DW.

Whatever you say lol.

Like I've said for any player. If you want to be an MVP candidate, Play like and MVP.

Simple as that.

BlazersDozen
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Rose's points will decrease a little bit but he'll be more of a passer this season with the pick and roll with Boozer and kicking out to Korver. Still don't see him in the picture when he's not even the top point guard in the league.

CJ Mustard
09-27-2010, 04:04 PM
he prob thinks the bucks will win 55. now THAT is hilarious :lolNope. IMO the bucks will win around 47-50 games, the Bulls will win around 46-49. Neither of them will win 55 games.

CLE[216]
09-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Why can't I be MVP? Why can't I win championship?

JohnnySic
09-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Heat/Orlando/lakers/Celtics/Thunder

Hmmm, which one doesn't belong?

Clocian-IGN
09-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't think Rose can be because he's an overrated shoot first PG that people make excuses for on a regular basis.

But there's nothing wrong with what he said. Everyone should think "why not" and work towards their goals.

with last seasons roster he had to score, and players on the team either screwed up the assist or missed the shot. doesn't help that we had vinny the dummy as our coach. team will be much better :bowdown:

doinitbig06
09-27-2010, 04:11 PM
No one " Can't be mvp"

the only intelligent post thus far

25.4 ppg 4.1 rpg 8.2 apg 46.4% 31.5% 3ptFGs 85% FTs, Bulls 53-29, 4th in EC

maybe not MVP this season but if he continues to improve what pathetic old children can type on a keyboard in they mama home to say they cannot?

doinitbig06
09-27-2010, 04:13 PM

hmmm, hater mad Durant > Lebron, maybe? :oldlol:

New York Knicks
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
People said that about Kevin Durant before this season. In fact, people that predicted that the Thunder would be a playoff team this year were ridiculed during the off-season.

BlazersDozen
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM

maybe not MVP this season but if he continues to improve what pathetic old children can type on a keyboard in they mama home to say they cannot?

I see something more like 18/4/7.5/1

Undisputed
09-27-2010, 04:16 PM

No one needs to make any excuses for Derrick Rose. Being the rookie of the year and second year all-star says he's doing just fine so far.

LosBulls
09-27-2010, 04:18 PM

Lol @ Thunder having more wins than Bulls this year.

**** you.

AirTupac
09-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Even Rose is overrating himself. :D But for real, I hope he does become one of the best.

step_back
09-27-2010, 04:20 PM
The same was said about Nash just before he got his first well deserved MVP.

Rose has a good chance at being an MVP just like any other rising star has.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
09-27-2010, 04:23 PM

fans are so delusional it is simply unreal. It is a good thing they have to actual perform, just because you say it doesn't mean it will happen.

I don't know what is more ludacris Rose averaging 25+ ppg while dishing 8 assists or Rose shooting over 30 % 3pt or Rose shooting 85% FT this entire year. It is like damned if you damned if you don't or Bulls win 53 games.

Undisputed
09-27-2010, 04:25 PM

**** you.
I'm a Bulls fan, and I believe the Thunder will end up with more wins. Don't underestimate chemistry and they have one of the top 5 players in the league.

CJ Mustard
09-27-2010, 04:39 PM

**** you.
:facepalm

Go Getter
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
fans are so delusional it is simply unreal.

The irony, it burns!

VishaltotheG
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Celtics, though they will be good after the regular season

Bigsmoke
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
that would be pretty sweet.

puppychili
09-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Rose ain't winning MVP this year but I do admire his confidence

liquidrage
09-27-2010, 09:12 PM

**** you.

So your team won 41 games in a weak East that has improved, and really all you added was Boozer who is no help to winning games and hated by every team he played for with good reason, and now you're a 50+ win team?

Thunder are easily a better team then the Bulls and the West is getting easier not harder right now.

Only in Chicago can a loser like Boozer turn a crap team into title contenders. I take that back, it happens in NYC too.

Good luck making up those 9 games. I really love that Watson Gibson Korver Johnson depth you have there :confusedshrug: Talk about a crap bench. It's not like your starting 5 is amazing or anything to make up for it.

Xover
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Rose knows his not worthy of an MVP yet its because the people are throwing the idea up in the air and so hes just questioning it, this was discussed in an interview where fans shouted that he be an mvp canidate but hes like "nuh dont listen to them" lol he's just creating buzz, which in turn is good for us fans =]

bdreason
09-27-2010, 11:23 PM
If the Bulls somehow managed the best record out East, and Rose averages something like 20/5/8... I think he could pull off MVP.

97 bulls
09-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I honestly feel he has a shot. Wade and bron are gonna cancel each other out. Kobe is getting old and is probably gonna decline statistically. The only surefire one is durant. And I don't see the thunder being better than the bulls record wise. So it comes down to stats.

Durant 29ppg 7rebs 5asst on a 50 win team

Rose 24ppg 5rebs 8asst 50 win team

magnax1
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
Right now I'd say he'd have a chance if he gets something like 24-8, which I'm sure he wont, but if he does he can. Right now I think the MVP race looks like
1-Durant
2-Kobe (Who I think should be 1, but media is pushing Durant)
3-Dwight (If he gets his offensive game together, he could easily be the top player in the league)
4-Rose/D-Will/CP3/someone else

97 bulls
09-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Right now I'd say he'd have a chance if he gets something like 24-8, which I'm sure he wont, but if he does he can. Right now I think the MVP race looks like
1-Durant
2-Kobe (Who I think should be 1, but media is pushing Durant)
3-Dwight (If he gets his offensive game together, he could easily be the top player in the league)
4-Rose/D-Will/CP3/someone else
I would agree

Kiddlovesnets
09-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Umm Rose you aint gonna be a MVP as a PG with only 6 apg.

All Net
09-28-2010, 06:25 AM

Rose is very good but doubt he will ever be the MVP talks.

Sarcastic
09-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Right now: no
In 5 years: maybe

drwax26
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
For Rose to Win MVP he will have to lead the team to a top 2 record in the east. Average about 21ppg/10apg/4-5rpg. The thunder arent better than the bulls by the way....

Rose>Westbrook
Brewer>Sefalosha or even harden
Deng<<<Durant
Boozer>>>Green
Noah>>>Kristic

Go Getter
09-28-2010, 11:15 AM
People act like MVP is strictly a performance award.

If Rose keeps a positive attitude, starts leading the Bulls by playing ball the right way, improves his game and has a lot of luck he might win one but it will be difficult.

Yung D-Will
09-28-2010, 12:18 PM
For Rose to Win MVP he will have to lead the team to a top 2 record in the east. Average about 21ppg/10apg/4-5rpg. The thunder arent better than the bulls by the way....

Rose>Westbrook
Deng<<<Durant
Boozer>>>Green
Noah>>>Kristic

Yep thats the right way to compare teams

juju151111
09-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Yep thats the right way to compare teams
True, but noting he posted was false. On paper we have the better squad.

Yung D-Will
09-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Well if you guys are gonna factor in D-Rose's improvment next season with how well you'll do why not factor in Durants and Westbrook

liquidrage
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM

Rose>Westbrook
Deng<<<Durant
Boozer>>>Green
Noah>>>Kristic

LOL

liquidrage
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM

Rose is only slightly better then Westbrook. And even then ONLY at scoring.
Boozer is only slightly better then Green.
Durant is SOOOO far better then anyone on the Bulls at all.
Noah is better then Kristic even if per minute their numbers are about the same.
And Brewer isn't better then either SG.

I'd take the Thunder starting 5 any day of the week on paper.

And here's the kicker. The Thunder bench >>>>>>> Bulls crap bench. Bulls have no depth and only a so-so starting 5. The Thunder have a very good starting 5 and a solid bench.

On paper the Thunder are easily better. And on the court last year they won 8 more games then the Bulls since paper doesn't matter much.

Can't wait for you to hate Boozer just like everyone else he played for does. But hey, on paper is exactly how he plays.

liquidrage
09-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Well if you guys are gonna factor in D-Rose's improvment next season with how well you'll do why not factor in Durants and Westbrook

And Harden's and Maynor's and Ibaka's and Green's and I'll pretend Cole is a monster as a rookie to boot. BJ Mullens is going to wreck people this year since we're in pretend land.

Rose just looked AWESOME this summer though. :facepalm

juju151111
09-28-2010, 01:01 PM
He did. He only put one arrow between Rose and westbrook. Durant was way better then Deng, Boozer was way better then Green. Noah>3xKrastic.

juju151111
09-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Noah is better then Kristic even if per minute their numbers are about the same.

And here's the kicker. The Thunder bench >>>>>>> Bulls crap bench. Bulls have no depth and only a so-so starting 5. The Thunder have a very good starting 5 and a solid bench.

On paper the Thunder are easily better. And on the court last year they won 8 more games then the Bulls since paper doesn't matter much.

Can't wait for you to hate Boozer just like everyone else he played for does. But hey, on paper is exactly how he plays.
Boozer is only slightly better then Green:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol HAAAAAAAA OHAAAA *gets up off floor* Bulls starting 5>Thunders. Thunder Bench>Bulls.

step_back
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Has there ever been an MVP point guard who picked up the award in their 3rd year?

drwax26
09-28-2010, 01:36 PM

Do you watch b-ball???Brewer is better than either SG at overall game. Sefalosha is god awful and Harden can only shoot 3's??? Boozer only Slightly better.. I cant even argue with you cause you have no idea what you are talking about. Holler at me when green shoots over 50% and averages a double double. You can take the starting 5 but im pointing out facts.

The thunder bench is Maynor, Harden, Peterson, Ibaka and collision i wouldnt call that a stellar bench. The bulls have Watson, Bogans, Korver, Gibson, thomas. Gibson is better than any big off Thunder bench. Watson can score way better than maynor. Harden is better than bogans and Korver can shoot 3s way better than peterson. So yeah the benches are even if not the bulls slightly better. Last time i checked the bulls were injured for a majority of the second half of the season. Look how many games deng rose and noah missed. We are lucky we even made the playoffs. I mean get your facts straight and look at circumstances before you start spitting non-sense.
The bulls overall have a better starting 5 because our bigs are much better than the thunder.

liquidrage
09-28-2010, 02:03 PM
What's your facts? That you missed Thabo was 2nd all defensive team last year or that you have no clue about Harden and claimed he only shoots 3?

Or how about Boozer? You realize he doesn't play a lick of D right? Guess not.

Hey, speaking of injuries, you're right you were lucky to make the playoffs last year. The only reason you did was because of Bosh's injury.

Gibson is better than any big off Thunder bench? Really? Who in their right mind would take Taj over Ibaka? No one. Ibaka outplayed him per minute last year being 4 years younger and has better size and that's ignoring his stats are deflated because he barely played to start the year since he had been in the country only a few months before the first game.

Thomas and Kover. Really? They wouldn't even make the Thunder roster let alone be part of the rotation.

The overrating of all things Bulls is actually amusing.

drwax26
09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
What's your facts? That you missed Thabo was 2nd all defensive team last year or that you have no clue about Harden and claimed he only shoots 3?

Hey, speaking of injuries, you're right you were lucky to make the playoffs last year. The only reason you did was because of Bosh's injury.

Gibson is better than any big off Thunder bench? Really? Who in their right mind would take Taj over Ibaka? No one. Ibaka outplayed him per minute last year being 4 years younger and has better size and that's ignoring his stats are deflated because he barely played to start the year since he had been in the country only a few months before the first game.

Thomas and Kover. Really? They wouldn't even make the Thunder roster let alone be part of the rotation.

Thabo defense is way overrated why do you think bulls shipped his ass out lol. Not to mention he cant dribble nor can he shoot. I have seen Harden play since ASU but currently on the Thunder he is used as a 3 point shooter and look over half of his shots are 3 point shots. he can do other things but until he is utilized more he is a 3 point shooter on the thunder for now. Last time i checked when did Kristic play defense let alone grab over 10boards a game as a 7'0?????What does Ibaka do besides blocj shots?? He currently has zero offensive post moves. He started shooting a 10ft a little better towards the end of the season but thats about it. Ibaka is a little bigger but taj is better overall. He can work better in the post has a little better jump shot and is a better rebounder. They both block shots so that cancels out. Thunder have peterson and what can he do besides 3 pointers right now. Ill def wait for that answer. i see you ignored about how the starting bulls bigs are way better than the starting bigs for the thunder but thats cool.

juju151111
09-28-2010, 02:13 PM

I agree with your Post except when u said Booze is only slightly better then Green.

liquidrage
09-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Thabo defense is way overrated why do you think bulls shipped his ass out lol. Not to mention he cant dribble nor can he shoot. I have seen Harden play since ASU but currently on the Thunder he is used as a 3 point shooter and look over half of his shots are 3 point shots. he can do other things but until he is utilized more he is a 3 point shooter on the thunder for now. Last time i checked when did Kristic play defense let alone grab over 10boards a game as a 7'0?????What does Ibaka do besides blocj shots?? He currently has zero offensive post moves. He started shooting a 10ft a little better towards the end of the season but thats about it. Ibaka is a little bigger but taj is better overall. He can work better in the post has a little better jump shot and is a better rebounder. They both block shots so that cancels out. Thunder have peterson and what can he do besides 3 pointers right now. Ill def wait for that answer. i see you ignored about how the starting bulls bigs are way better than the starting bigs for the thunder but thats cool.

I don't except Mo Pete to be part of the rotation if he even makes the roster so asking me what Mo Pete does besides shoot 3's is a waste of a question.

The Thunder had a 9 man rotation last year and that is back 100% intact. Aldrich/Mullens *might* be added to that. I don't except anyone else to be, nor do they really need to be. Mo isn't going to get any PT over Thabo or Harden or Durant or Green or Westbrook or Maynor. Cook will probably get a roster spot because he's young and can hit three's. But again, don't expect him to be part of the rotation because there's not a person above he's going to take PT from.

Ibaka actually has good post moves and has a nice little hook and a decent short range jumper to go along with good rebounding and shot blocking.

And as for your starting bigs. You have Noah who everyone loves because of his hustle, but it's not like he puts up big numbers. And Boozer who plays no D to go along with his good numbers. Still I'd say advantage Bull's in the 4 and 5 spots. So what? HUGE edge to Thunder in the 3 spot. Edge Thunder at the 2 either way. And only a slight edge to Rose over Westbrook (and really, if we're using the Noah intangible, Westbrook has that over Rose by leaps and bounds).

2 of the starting 5 are band new and haven't even played together. One's a decent player that should be a back up on a good team and the other's an overpriced assclown. And your depth still sucks.

I know I know. Rose is going to get 90 assists per game. Until he doesn't at which case Bulls fans will blame Boozer for being selfish and holding onto the ball too long and Rose is forced to score and not pass because the coach wants him to. And if you get lucky you can dream of adding Carmelo to your team of selfish ball dominant assclowns while Noah and Deng shed a tear as they deserve far better.

drwax26
09-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't except Mo Pete to be part of the rotation if he even makes the roster so asking me what Mo Pete does besides shoot 3's is a waste of a question.

The Thunder had a 9 man rotation last year and that is back 100% intact. Aldrich/Mullens *might* be added to that. I don't except anyone else to be, nor do they really need to be. Mo isn't going to get any PT over Thabo or Harden or Durant or Green or Westbrook or Maynor. Cook will probably get a roster spot because he's young and can hit three's. But again, don't expect him to be part of the rotation because there's not a person above he's going to take PT from.

Ibaka actually has good post moves and has a nice little hook and a decent short range jumper to go along with good rebounding and shot blocking.

And as for your starting bigs. You have Noah who everyone loves because of his hustle, but it's not like he puts up big numbers. And Boozer who plays no D to go along with his good numbers. Still I'd say advantage Bull's in the 4 and 5 spots. So what? HUGE edge to Thunder in the 3 spot. Edge Thunder at the 2 either way. And only a slight edge to Rose over Westbrook (and really, if we're using the Noah intangible, Westbrook has that over Rose by leaps and bounds).

2 of the starting 5 are band new and haven't even played together. One's a decent player that should be a back up on a good team and the other's an overpriced assclown. And your depth still sucks.

I know I know. Rose is going to get 90 assists per game. Until he doesn't at which case Bulls fans will blame Boozer for being selfish and holding onto the ball too long and Rose is forced to score and not pass because the coach wants him to. And if you get lucky you can dream of adding Carmelo to your team of selfish ball dominant assclowns while Noah and Deng shed a tear as they deserve far better.

Taj vs Ibaka that can wait til the season starts to be seen. As far as the SG you still havent showed how they both are better than brewer. I cant think of anything Sefalosha is better than brewer at seeing they both are defensive specialist although brewer does other things much better. The only thing harden can do better than brewer is shoot. You will see this year how the bulls are better especially starting off with the first game Bulls v Thunder in OKC..... On Oct, 27th prepare to eat crow lol....

juju151111
09-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Taj vs Ibaka that can wait til the season starts to be seen. As far as the SG you still havent showed how they both are better than brewer. I cant think of anything Sefalosha is better than brewer at seeing they both are defensive specialist although brewer does other things much better. The only thing harden can do better than brewer is shoot. You will see this year how the bulls are better especially starting off with the first game Bulls v Thunder in OKC..... On Oct, 27th prepare to eat crow lol....
I have watched Serge and he is better then Taj. He didn't get alot of playing time last year because of getting use to the nba. Serge isn't far better through. Brewer>Thebo, but Harden>Korver. Harden is a good dribbler and they used him when WB was on the bench.Maynor>CJ. The bulls Starting 5 is better through.

drwax26
09-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I have watched Serge and he is better then Taj. He didn't get alot of playing time last year because of getting use to the nba. Serge isn't far better through. Brewer>Thebo, but Harden>Korver. Harden is a good dribbler and they used him when WB was on the bench.Maynor>CJ. The bulls Starting 5 is better through.

O ok from what i saw from Serge he was good at shot blocking and rebounding. I didnt see much offense but ill take your word. That first game should be really good and we should see serge v taj a lot...

juju151111
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
O ok from what i saw from Serge he was good at shot blocking and rebounding. I didnt see much offense but ill take your word. That first game should be really good and we should see serge v taj a lot...
Yep and Lets hope DR does this to Thebo again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkp_IeN10k8 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yung D-Will
09-28-2010, 03:33 PM

Boozer is Kareem apparently.

Anyhow

My look on this. Is that the Bulls will have the better record but I think OKC will be better in the playoffs

juju151111
09-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Boozer is Kareem apparently.

Anyhow

My look on this. Is that the Bulls will have the better record but I think OKC will be better in the playoffs
Who said he was Kareem?? WE said he is way better then Jeff green and a 20/10 player.

liquidrage
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
You will see this year how the bulls are better especially starting off with the first game Bulls v Thunder in OKC..... On Oct, 27th prepare to eat crow lol....

What are you 11? I really don't care about 1 game. There's no point for bravado in picking one regular season game where anything can happen. Game 1 in the regular season is as meaningless as it can get and actually count. Check back around May. Well, really about March since by then I'm sure you'll have realized that the Thunder are a much better team then the Bulls.

tbrulz
01-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Sorry to bump up an old thread and I know we aren't even halfway in the season, but I gotta give props to D. Rose for backing up his MVP comments with his play. He probably won't win it, but I didn't expect him to be a MVP candidate this season.

I'm not much of a Rose fan but have been really impressed with his play, I get WGN America so Saturday Nights are D.Rose Nights LOL. Almost every Saturday D.Rose has done something amazing.. the amazing shot in the Rockets game, breaking Tyreke's ankles (with a little help from the wet floor lol), and of course the recent duel with D. Wade. Hope he keeps this up.

DeronMillsap
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Whatever you say lol.

Like I've said for any player. If you want to be an MVP candidate, Play like and MVP.

Simple as that.
Smart post that won't bite your ass in the future.

Only halfway through the season, there's already quite few fail posts in this thread already. :lol

nightprowler10
01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
there's already quite few fail posts in this thread already. :lol

Haha a LOT of fail indeed. Amazed at the guy who predicted 25/5/8 for Rose though. I mean wow. :applause:

DRoseOwnsACamry
01-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Lmao @ the retarded Bucks homer.
Hmm, I wonder why he's not showing his face around here anymore? :facepalm

Pharcyde
01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
I remember in the off season when the Bucks were better then the Bulls and the Bulls were supposed to be barely over .500 for the season. Now they are on pace for 55 wins or so.
Derrick Rose wasn't supposed to improve much and Carlos Boozer was supposed to destroy the Bulls defense, which is now ranked 1st.

Orlando Magic
01-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Anyone who thinks Rose actually belongs in the MVP discussion obviously has no ability to spot truly elite players... and by elite I mean top 5. Because he isn't... and he's not close.

jasonresno
01-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Anyone who thinks Rose actually belongs in the MVP discussion obviously has no ability to spot truly elite players... and by elite I mean top 5. Because he isn't... and he's not close.
U mad.

DeronMillsap
01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
What is elite base on? Stats, performance, reputation, popularity?

He's 7th in PPG and 10th in APG. His team is 3rd in the East in spite of serious injuries to key players.

Not sure how he cannot be a top 5 player right now. Like Yung D-Will said, if you're playing like an MVP then you should be in the running.

hkfosho
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM

Keep hatin on Rose. D howard? LOL, get that weak sh!t outta here.

tx_dave
01-16-2011, 01:55 PM

Top 5 talent wise? Maybe not..I'll agree with you there

but top 5 MVP quality play as of yet? Absolutely.

Durant.
Dirk(if he picks up where he left off)
Lebron(25/7/7 ish numbers will be top 5 )
Rose.
Amar'e

KingBeasley08
01-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Keep hatin on Rose. D howard? LOL, get that weak sh!t outta here.
Howard>>>>>Rose

But rose is still an mvp contender and my no. 1 right now

AirTupac
01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Derrick Rose has backed up his talk.

Bravo. :applause:

Derka
01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
What do you define as "anywhere near"? Note: I don't think he wins it, but has a good shot at finishing top ten.

Replying to an ancient post but...I put him Top 5 at this halfway point of the season. He could still go down or up depending on the Bulls' fortunes from here on out.

dee-rose
01-16-2011, 03:24 PM
fans are so delusional it is simply unreal. It is a good thing they have to actual perform, just because you say it doesn't mean it will happen.

I don't know what is more ludacris Rose averaging 25+ ppg while dishing 8 assists or Rose shooting over 30 % 3pt or Rose shooting 85% FT this entire year. It is like damned if you damned if you don't or Bulls win 53 games.

:applause:

Rose
01-16-2011, 03:24 PM
I honestly feel he has a shot. Wade and bron are gonna cancel each other out. Kobe is getting old and is probably gonna decline statistically. The only surefire one is durant. And I don't see the thunder being better than the bulls record wise. So it comes down to stats.

Durant 29ppg 7rebs 5asst on a 50 win team

Rose 24ppg 5rebs 8asst 50 win team
:applause: :applause:

But seriously...there was ALOT of fail in this thread.

Rose
01-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Replying to an ancient post but...I put him Top 5 at this halfway point of the season. He could still go down or up depending on the Bulls' fortunes from here on out.
I was about to quote myself on this one.:lol

I wasn't too bad. my definition of near was top 5. I think though if we manage to steal the second seed after all the injuries and bullshit he wins MVP. no doubt.

DeronMillsap
01-16-2011, 03:45 PM
:applause: :applause:

But seriously...there was ALOT of fail in this thread.
There was. :lol

And what was with all you Bulls fans attack my boy Yung D-Will? :no:
He didn't make any disparaging remarks at D.Rose either.

Rose
01-16-2011, 03:45 PM
He has a rep (that I don't think he's earned really) as a Bulls hater.

DeronMillsap
01-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Guilty by association.

Rose
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Nahhh:lol

okay maybe..

G-Funk
01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
top 5

Glide2keva
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Did you see the threads this summer? Plus, he posts passive aggressively about. The Bulls with back-handed compliments and defending rondo whenever he can.

He hardly ever has a positive thing to say on the Bulls, ever. And them he gets mad when we call him on his bullshit. Like I did when I called him out for not making ANY Jazz threads, yet was in every Bulls thread and he isn't even a Bulls fan.

Orlando Magic
01-16-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2010/11/derrick-rose-duncan-1110-600.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/Marbury_070630_300.jpg

Yep, I said it.

Rose
01-16-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2010/11/derrick-rose-duncan-1110-600.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/knicks/Marbury_070630_300.jpg

Yep, I said it.
Awesome. I'd love for him to be as good as Marbury. He doesn't have the mental problems Starbury did. If he becomes Starbury AWESOME.:bowdown:

MayCeltics
01-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Awesome. I'd love for him to be as good as Marbury. He doesn't have the mental problems Starbury did. If he becomes Starbury AWESOME.:bowdown:

You wish. :lol MArbury was a great passer.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 08:26 PM
U mad.
Just a few weeks ago weren't you talking about how wonderful it is that Rose isn't cocky...yet here we see in the ESPN article Rose talking about being the best player in the league.

Glide2keva
01-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Just a few weeks ago weren't you talking about how wonderful it is that Rose isn't cocky...yet here we see in the ESPN article Rose talking about being the best player in the league.
It's a different between cockiness and belief in oneself.

Example: lebron = cocky, arrogant and an overall douche, Rose = humble, respectful and a competitor.

He's asking why can't he be MVP? In the what's stopping him from reaching that level context. Not in the "Why can't I be MVP" Karl Mlaone begging for it way.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:43 PM

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
It's a different between cockiness and belief in oneself.

Example: lebron = cocky, arrogant and an overall douche, Rose = humble, respectful and a competitor.

He's asking why can't he be MVP? In the what's stopping him from reaching that level context. Not in the "Why can't I be MVP" Karl Mlaone begging for it way.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=Real Men Wear Green]****

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
your just being a hater now
How am I hating? Please don't reply if you have nothing relevant to contribute.

Ikill
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
How am I hating? Please don't reply if you have nothing relevant to contribute.
your calling Rose cocky for no reason thats hating

Fatal9
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM
As someone who loves watching Rose play, this MVP stuff is crazy talk. Rose would literally be the most undeserving and worst player to win the MVP if he got it this season (yes, including Nash).

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
your calling Rose cocky for no reason thats hating
Read the ESPN story linked to in the OP. The reason should be obvious. Talking about oneself as a potential MVP/best player in the league is cocky.

GatorKid117
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Read the ESPN story linked to in the OP. The reason should be obvious. Talking about oneself as a potential MVP/best player in the league is cocky.

I don't see this supposed cockiness either. He was asked a question and gave a reasonable answer.

I sure as hell wouldn't like seeing him say, "Nah, I can't be the MVP; I'm not good enough."

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't see this supposed cockiness either. He was asked a question and gave a reasonable answer.

I sure as hell wouldn't like seeing him say, "Nah, I can't be the MVP; I'm not good enough."
From the article:
Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose was asked Monday about what level his game can reach this season, and the normally reserved 21-year-old raised some eyebrows by answering with his own questions

"It's high," Rose said of self-confidence. "The way I look at it within myself, why not? Why can't I be the MVP of the league," he asked. "Why can't I be the best player in the league? I don't see why [not]. Why can't I do that?

GatorKid117
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
From the article:

So what? I read the article buddy, no need to post it.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
So what? I read the article buddy, no need to post it.
So why do you want me to repeat the obvious? Saying he can be the MVP is cocky. It doesn't make him a jerk, every star player in the league is cocky, but it's a cocky thing to say.

Rose
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Got it. Guys aren't allowed to ask why they can't do anything otherwise that's cocky. It's good thing humanity has been cocky. There's a MAJOR difference between cocky and self-confident.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Got it. Guys aren't allowed to ask why they can't do anything otherwise that's cocky. It's good thing humanity has been cocky. There's a MAJOR difference between cocky and self-confident.
No, there's a subjective difference, the term "overly." "Cocky" is defined as being "overly self-confident." As Rose is not on the level of LeBron James, D-Wade, Dwight Howard, etc. when he says he could be the NBA's best player, that is "cocky."

burnsy87
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
From the article:

It would be different if he was saying that he WAS the MVP or WAS the best player in the league.

He is simply saying he feels he has the potential to become the best.

GatorKid117
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM
No, there's a subjective difference, the term "overly." "Cocky" is defined as being "overly self-confident." As Rose is not on the level of LeBron James, D-Wade, Dwight Howard, etc. when he says he could be the NBA's best player, that is "cocky."

Well I'll be damned if anyone thinks they can be the best through all their hard work.

With that said, I'll agree to disagree. No use in debating such a meaningless topic essentially about semantics.

Glide2keva
01-16-2011, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=Real Men Wear Green]****

Glide2keva
01-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Well I'll be damned if anyone thinks they can be the best through all their hard work.

With that said, I'll agree to disagree. No use in debating such a meaningless topic essentially about semantics.
I guess he was supposed to "I can't be MVP, or one the best in the league or the best in the league, so I'll say my potential is second tier"

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Reach much?

If Rose is cocky, what is Rondo?
LOL, this was inevitable. Rondo is cocky. And?

asdf1990
01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
cuz his not good enough.

KG5MVP
01-16-2011, 10:36 PM
cuz his not good enough.

right on point

juju151111
01-16-2011, 11:17 PM
As someone who loves watching Rose play, this MVP stuff is crazy talk. Rose would literally be the most undeserving and worst player to win the MVP if he got it this season (yes, including Nash).
Undeserving? Dross has been consistent the whole year and clutch all season.

Vince McMahon
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
:pimp:

hitmanyr2k
01-17-2011, 07:36 PM
I like this article mainly because of the bolded parts....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-roselebron011611

[quote]CHICAGO

"Jesus"
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Nice trip dub there Rose.

Samurai Swoosh
01-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Rose essentially told LeBron ... "I want to be the man, I want to shoulder the responsibility, I want to bring my HOMETOWN to the glory."

Rose probably thought it was ridiculous LeBron wanted to bail on his hometown.

Rose is basically a :pimp:

Rose WANTS the challenge. Rose WANTS to prove himself.

I respect that. Love of the game. And Rose has proven to put work in the gym.

97 bulls
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
What is elite base on? Stats, performance, reputation, popularity?

He's 7th in PPG and 10th in APG. His team is 3rd in the East in spite of serious injuries to key players.

Not sure how he cannot be a top 5 player right now. Like Yung D-Will said, if you're playing like an MVP then you should be in the running.
Wow, what a great post. Very fair and true. And from a jazz fan too. Expect a rep when I can.

hitmanyr2k
01-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Rose essentially told LeBron ... "I want to be the man, I want to shoulder the responsibility, I want to bring my HOMETOWN to the glory."

That's exactly what I like about the kid. Despite his talent and confidence he has a humble demeanor about him and not outwardly boastful or cocky. Rose is definitely the kind of player I root for.

jasonresno
01-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Saw some crazy stats during the game:

Rose has accounted for 46% of the Bulls scoring this year, either through assists or his own PPG.

The Bulls have the third best record in the league since December 4th.

The Bulls have only had their optimal starting lineup lace up 9 times together this year and still are on pace for 55 wins.

Rose is top 10 in both PPG and APG, shooting close to 40% from 3, is averaging 8.5 FTA per game the past 10 (and 5 per game before that).

D-Rose has been the one solid player in a storm of injuries and inconsistencies. He's a surefire All Star Starter and a legit MVP candidate. No other player in the league has done for their team what Derrick has done for the Bulls.

97 bulls
01-17-2011, 08:03 PM
I just don't see why people feel he's not in the mvp running. I mean look at who is in the running and compare their stats to rose as well as the teams record and respective situations. Rose is in the discussion. To say he's not in the discussion is rediculous. And im reading people say that its not even close. Come on

97 bulls
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Id also like to point out that one month before the season started, I and a few other bulls fans predicted roses stats. And that the bulls would be a 50 win team. And you guys called us crazy. What are you guys gonna say if he wins the mvp this year.

Vragrant
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM

While a lot of that is true, I wonder how Rose would feel if Mo Williams was his second best player? What if Carlos Boozer was still in Cleveland w/Lebron and Noah was his best post scorer? Wha

Rose is in the same position as Lebron was, and Lebron enthusiastically took on the challenge and won 2 MVPs, but like anything you play with no talent and you just don't win, no matter how good you are.

Maybe Rose would react differently than Lebron by staying in Cleveland, we don't know, but lets not act like its a slam dunk (no pun intended). There situations are completely different, because to be honest, I don't think Lebrons' ever played with a roster and balanced and young as this Bulls team.

Lebrons' always played with good roleplayers and thats it. There situations are not the same, and we don't know what kind of player/person Rose is seven years from now.

Rose is great though, Im a believer.

jrong
01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Why not? Steve Nash already set the precedent that you can be MVP without being a top 5 player.

Sure, there's many retired all-time-greats-- and all-time-great PGs at that-- who never never sniffed the award like Isiah and John Stockton, as well as future greats like Wade and possibly D. Howard who may very well never win it. But, hey, if the olfactory-challenged voters think that it passes the smell-test to have the name Rose added to the list of MVPs when the aforementioned names aren't on the list, then who am I to argue?

In fact, let's try to get Ginobli one too! Start the Manu in 2012 campaign now, since we're gonna be giving them out to just about anybody now (except some of the greatest players who have ever played this game)....

KingBeasley08
01-17-2011, 10:42 PM
Why not? Steve Nash already set the precedent that you can be MVP without being a top 5 player.

Sure, there's many retired all-time-greats-- and all-time-great PGs at that-- who never never sniffed the award like Isiah and John Stockton, as well as future greats like Wade and possibly D. Howard who may very well never win it. But, hey, if the olfactory-challenged voters think that it passes the smell-test to have the name Rose added to the list of MVPs when the aforementioned names aren't on the list, then who am I to argue?

In fact, let's try to get Ginobli one too! Start the Manu in 2012 campaign now, since we're gonna be giving them out to just about anybody now (except some of the greatest players who have ever played this game)....

hitmanyr2k
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA#t=0m23s

juju151111
01-17-2011, 11:34 PM

Name these five players better then Rose this season.

jrong
01-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Name these five players better then Rose this season.

LeBron, Wade, Howard, and Durant have all been better on the season. Arguably, you could say Rose has been #5 this year, but when I say he's not top 5, I mean overall. Rose may be having a better year than Kobe, but he's not better than him.

I also don't know what to do with Chris Paul because his talent is on another level from any other PG in the league, but he doesn't have the stats to match this year. Except in terms of efficiency, he does in fact validate his standing as the best PG in the league.

However, as my previous post implied I have a problem with a player getting an MVP early in their tenure of playing MVP-ball when there are other players who have played at that level over a long period of time. Wade has been an MVP-level player for six out of his eight years now. Dwight has probably been one for four years.

Technically-speaking, of course, the MVP is a single-season award and career accomplishments don't warrant consideration. But, the reality is the MVP award along with championship rings are the biggest criteria in evaluating a player's career-greatness. And for that reason it does not seem right at all at this point to see then name Rose or Stoudemire on this exclusive list when the name Wade or Howard-- not to mention Stockton, Thomas, etc.-- does not appear....

jrong
01-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Or another way to look at this is to consider Chris Paul's 08 and 09 seasons where he didn't win MVP. Those were MVP-worthy seasons at the point guard position. Maybe I'm alone on this, but if Rose wins an MVP with his numbers and a sub-23 PER, and CP couldn't get one with the numbers he posted and a PER of 30+, it's a travesty (to say nothing of what that makes Nash's MVPs look like)....

ETA: Or yet one more to think about this is would Rose even be in the discussion if LeBron and Wade weren't teammates? No, it would be a two-man race between the two of them. Both of them would be averaging 30/7 with PERs of 30-31 (It's pretty damn impressive that LeBron/Wade are #1 and #2 in the league in PER as it is, since PER is somewhat of a zero-sum stat). Whatever team LeBron was on would be one of the top teams in the conference as would the Heat squad that featured a (probable, based on LeBron-less off-season projection) lineup of Felton/Wade/Miller/Bosh/Haywood...

juju151111
01-18-2011, 12:26 AM
LeBron, Wade, Howard, and Durant have all been better on the season. Arguably, you could say Rose has been #5 this year, but when I say he's not top 5, I mean overall. Rose may be having a better year than Kobe, but he's not better than him.

I also don't know what to do with Chris Paul because his talent is on another level from any other PG in the league, but he doesn't have the stats to match this year. Except in terms of efficiency, he does in fact validate his standing as the best PG in the league.

However, as my previous post implied I have a problem with a player getting an MVP early in their tenure of playing MVP-ball when there are other players who have played at that level over a long period of time. Wade has been an MVP-level player for six out of his eight years now. Dwight has probably been one for four years.

Technically-speaking, of course, the MVP is a single-season award and career accomplishments don't warrant consideration. But, the reality is the MVP award along with championship rings are the biggest criteria in evaluating a player's career-greatness. And for that reason it does not seem right at all at this point to see then name Rose or Stoudemire on this exclusive list when the name Wade or Howard-- not to mention Stockton, Thomas, etc.-- does not appear....
Say what? The mvp is a season award and who ever plays the best gets it. If Dwight and Wade wanted a Mbps they should of outplayed LJ. MVP isn't a career award, that's what the Hot is far. Rose combination of consistent play throughout the entire season, clutch ability, record with injuries to hid 2nd/3rd best players, and improvement on defense should get him a Mvp. Wade and Durant didn't start off well and Kobe isn't winning at all. Also what makes you think Rose won't be a all-time great? With his work ethic and continued improvement every season?

juju151111
01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Or another way to look at this is to consider Chris Paul's 08 and 09 seasons where he didn't win MVP. Those were MVP-worthy seasons at the point guard position. Maybe I'm alone on this, but if Rose wins an MVP with his numbers and a sub-23 PER, and CP couldn't get one with the numbers he posted and a PER of 30+, it's a travesty (to say nothing of what that makes Nash's MVPs look like)....

ETA: Or yet one more to think about this is would Rose even be in the discussion if LeBron and Wade weren't teammates? No, it would be a two-man race between the two of them. Both of them would be averaging 30/7 with PERs of 30-31 (It's pretty damn impressive that LeBron/Wade are #1 and #2 in the league in PER as it is, since PER is somewhat of a zero-sum stat). Whatever team LeBron was on would be one of the top teams in the conference as would the Heat squad that featured a (probable, based on LeBron-less off-season projection) lineup of Felton/Wade/Miller/Bosh/Haywood...
The media put the 08 Mvp on that late season gm with LA vs Hornet. They were close with Kobe right behind him in Mvp discussion, but Kobe won because of that matchup. Also this isn't 08,09, or 10. The fact is DR continues to be doing the best so far this season.

jrong
01-18-2011, 01:34 AM
Right, the MVP award literally signifies the most valuable player for a single-season. But, what it actually comes to represent is validation of a player's overall-greatness for his career. An MVP is a veritable automatic-ticket to the Hall of Fame.

And as I said, there is at least one all-time-great (Wade) playing who doesn't have one and quite possible two or three (Howard, Paul). And seeing as an MVP does come to represent so much more than recognition for single-season performance, I'm uncomfortable with the idea that a player would be given such a career-distinction in their first year of MVP-level play (and we're not exactly talking about a Chris Paul in 08 MVP-level debut season either here) when there are others who have been playing that way for most of their careers who haven't gotten it.

But, then again, I'm one of those who thinks it's a joke that Nash has two MVPs and Shaq and Kobe only have one...

ETA: It's entirely possible that Rose could become one of the greats. But, he's just starting on that path. There are others who are well on their way, having already carved out legacies that are on a historic-level trajectory....

VishaltotheG
03-10-2011, 06:10 PM
too early to bump?

hkfosho
03-10-2011, 06:13 PM
too early to bump?
:lol

whosegameisit
03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
:cheers:

PurpleChuck
03-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Bulls fans...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Nick Young
03-27-2011, 09:35 AM
this scrub needs to learn his place in the pecking order, who the phuck is derek rose and who the phuck are the chicago bulls:facepalm

Bigsmoke
03-27-2011, 10:02 AM

sundizz
03-27-2011, 10:41 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Go Getter
03-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Dude basically stopped making threads after OJ Mayo got moved to the bench....if dude ever plays well or even has a good game he'll come back.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 11:38 AM
this scrub needs to learn his place in the pecking order, who the phuck is derek rose and who the phuck are the chicago bulls:facepalm
They are 6 time NBA Champions as an organization and currently the top seed in the East while having the second best record overall.

That's who they are.

Derrick Rose is most likely your 2011 MVP, so get used to it.

Nick Young
03-27-2011, 12:14 PM
They are 6 time NBA Champions as an organization and currently the top seed in the East while having the second best record overall.

That's who they are.

Derrick Rose is most likely your 2011 MVP, so get used to it.
6 championships, lawl, 6? Really? 6? come back to me when they get 16

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 12:21 PM
6 championships, lawl, 6? Really? 6? come back to me when they get 16
That's the third most championships in the NBA. So if you're trolling, you're sucking balls at it.

alenleomessi
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM
what can i say good bump

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 12:25 PM
That's the third most championships in the NBA. So if you're trolling, you're sucking balls at it.
Thank you. That's double what the next team behind them has. And it's easy to front run with the lakers.

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Holy crap, everything he said won't happen, happened :roll:

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Holy crap, everything he said won't happen, happened :roll:
The irony, right?

gorbo
03-27-2011, 12:29 PM
love it when stupid bishes get bumped :lol

and of course none of em are around :facepalm

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Bulls fans...:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
What are you facepalming about?
You owe everyone an apology for your and your fellow Heat fans pre-season trollfest

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 12:33 PM
What are you facepalming about?
You owe everyone an apology for your and your fellow Heat fans pre-season trollfest
Seriously.

Nick Young
03-27-2011, 12:37 PM
lol third place, that's like Lebron being proud of his bronze medals, if the GOAT didn't carry you on his back to those rings you would have 0 so gtfo Bulls fans.

Who is this Derek Rose guy, is he the same guy who isn't as good as Deron Williams and is a second round virgin?

Alamo
03-27-2011, 12:39 PM
lol third place, that's like Lebron being proud of his bronze medals, if the GOAT didn't carry you on his back to those rings you would have 0 so gtfo Bulls fans.

Who is this Derek Rose guy, is he the same guy who isn't as good as Deron Williams and is a second round virgin?

NBA's MVP. Deal with it.

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 12:41 PM

Do you know how many teams are in the NBA?
Or better yet, how many have yet to win a championship?

Nick Young
03-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Do you know how many teams are in the NBA?
Or better yet, how many have yet to win a championship?
Why should I bother to waste time caring about the dredgeling bottom feeders of the NBA?

Also who is this Derek Rose guy, you really think he will win MVP over players who play in a conference that is actually competitive, for example Kobe Bryant or Dirk Nowitski?

The_Yearning
03-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Derrick Rose, Kobe Bryant, and the Boston Celtics are the only ones that talk the talk, and walk the walk.

Improved 3 point shot
MVP

D. Rose wasn't joking when he said he started to work out the day after Chicago got eliminated from Cleveland. Gotta respect this dude's hustle.

chips93
03-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Why should I bother to waste time caring about the dredgeling bottom feeders of the NBA?

Also who is this Derek Rose guy, you really think he will win MVP over players who play in a conference that is actually competitive, for example Kobe Bryant or Dirk Nowitski?

i thought you only trolled in the otc?

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 12:48 PM

This is why you have 0 credibility and no one cares what you say.
If you're going to troll, do it the right way.

Rose
03-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Nope. IMO the bucks will win around 47-50 games, the Bulls will win around 46-49. Neither of them will win 55 games.
In all fairness he got the Bucks record he just inversed it?:lol

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM
In all fairness he got the Bucks record he just inversed it?:lol
Oh my :roll:
I'm going to re-read the first few pages and laugh at this comedy gold mine

Bosnian Sajo
03-27-2011, 12:56 PM

Other than the record and 4th in east, its CRAZY how right you are. I have never seen such a specific prediction be so close to being 100% correct.

Rose's current numbers:

24.9 ppg 4.2 rpg 7.9 apg 43.9% FG 33.2% 3PT 85.3% FT

Bravo my friend, bravo. Also :oldlol: @ the guy who said he expected the bucks to win 47-50 and the bulls to win 44-47 or something like that, complete idiot.

Rose
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Oh my :roll:
I'm going to re-read the first few pages and laugh at this comedy gold mine
It's kinda funny, most of thought he'd do alright, just not MVP good. Some of us got the stats right. :lol

Alamo
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM

Derrick Rose, Dirk Nowitzki

Nick Young
03-27-2011, 01:00 PM
In all honesty I predicted Bulls would be first in the east in some threads, they got an amazing roster im surprised people thought they'd be so low as a 4 seed.

Rose just get that shooting percentage up, it's looking ugly and iversonesque but he's one of my favorite players to watch, if he got the superstar touch calls wade and Lebron get he would probably shoot 47% and get like 30 ppg

Rose
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
In all honesty I predicted Bulls would be first in the east in some threads, they got an amazing roster im surprised people thought they'd be so low as a 4 seed.

Rose just get that shooting percentage up, it's looking ugly and iversonesque but he's one of my favorite players to watch, if he got the superstar touch calls wade and Lebron get he would probably shoot 47% and get like 30 ppg

DRoseOwnsACamry
03-27-2011, 01:01 PM
55 games? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nope. IMO the bucks will win around 47-50 games, the Bulls will win around 46-49. Neither of them will win 55 games.

So your team won 41 games in a weak East that has improved, and really all you added was Boozer who is no help to winning games and hated by every team he played for with good reason, and now you're a 50+ win team?

Thunder are easily a better team then the Bulls and the West is getting easier not harder right now.

Only in Chicago can a loser like Boozer turn a crap team into title contenders. I take that back, it happens in NYC too.

Good luck making up those 9 games. I really love that Watson Gibson Korver Johnson depth you have there :confusedshrug: Talk about a crap bench. It's not like your starting 5 is amazing or anything to make up for it.

:roll: :roll:
http://best-gifts4u.com/images/Gold.jpg

I could've quoted that liquidrage idiot so much more...

:violin: Yung D-Will :violin:

DRose1899
03-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Rose is very good but doubt he will ever be the MVP talks.
Halo bro, never say never :lol

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 01:07 PM
:roll: :roll:
http://best-gifts4u.com/images/Gold.jpg

I could've quoted that liquidrage idiot so much more...

:violin: Yung D-Will :violin:
So full of win.

Go Getter
03-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Derrick got rid of a lot of trolls for us.

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Derrick got rid of a lot of trolls for us.
Not eough though. Those Heat trolls are like roaches

Johnni Gade
03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
I think he will

PurpleChuck
03-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Not eough though. Those Heat trolls are like roaches
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/files/original/Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

sosolid4u09
03-27-2011, 01:19 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Glide2keva
03-27-2011, 01:19 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlDC/files/original/Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg
I just respond to the haters. I don't make threads trolling the Heat or any other teams.

Show me where I start threads trolling lebron and Wade.

I am Wade fan so please show me this.

I also rarely go in game threads, except for recently because the Anti Bulls/Rose threads were getting insane.

juju151111
04-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Soooooooo I think I won the bet lmfao

Kellogs4toniee
04-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Haha, it's pretty funny reading the early responses and then seeing what actually happened.

Go Getter
04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Haha, it's pretty funny reading the early responses and then seeing what actually happened.
Very funny:lol

Almost as funny as the guys blasting the Bulls taking Rose when we needed a down low presence like Beasley.

:roll:

1rkrage
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM

Andrei89
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
ehmmm ownd

:roll: :roll: :
what was so funny?

55 games? :roll:

again what was so funny about that?

o rly?

Right now: no
In 5 years: maybe

were you sarcastic?

I see something more like 18/4/7.5/1

Thank you based god

I had to quote this idiot 3 times

Bucks playoffs? No LOL

post of the year. :roll: :roll: :roll:

1rkrage
04-08-2011, 02:28 PM

damn bro :applause:

Go Getter
04-08-2011, 02:31 PM
damn bro :applause:
We have already proved him to be one of he worst prognosticators in ISH history.

"OJ Mayo a 6'4" Mamba?"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jordan23GOAT
04-08-2011, 06:10 PM
When I saw this thread get bumped I was like YES!!!!

Clocian-IGN
04-08-2011, 06:18 PM
:roll: this thread is full of gold

Clocian-IGN
04-08-2011, 06:21 PM

bucks....out of playoffs :roll:

Clocian-IGN
04-08-2011, 06:24 PM

:facepalm this lonely bucks fan rivals heat band wagoners in stupidity smh

Chicago Brawls
04-08-2011, 06:28 PM
I actually feel bad for the Bucks.

They are what the Bulls would be without Derrick Rose.

jasonresno
04-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Rose: "Why can't I be MVP?"

ISH: "Well, Derrick. You see. Your usage rate is too high for how average your TS% is. And, really, you need to work on getting your PER up. How can we take you seriously as an MVP if your PER isn't top 5? Yeah, yeah. 25 and 8 SOUNDS good and #1 in the East sounds good too .. But WE know what makes an MVP."

DRose.IS.da.MAN
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM

ISH: "Well, Derrick. You see. Your usage rate is too high for how average your TS% is. And, really, you need to work on getting your PER up. How can we take you seriously as an MVP if your PER isn't top 5? Yeah, yeah. 25 and 8 SOUNDS good and #1 in the East sounds good too .. But WE know what makes an MVP."

Lol its funny reading some of these comments, who would have thought he would be so good so quick? No wonder Rose has so many haters, cuz he proved all of these guys wrong so quick. good job bringing these old threads out.

Talking about PER, even though its a bullshit stat, but Derrick Rose might get into the Top 5 of PER, hes only a lil behind paul and Kobe, http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics

what excuse will the haters come up with after that? We will wait and see, Rose will prove them wrong again

Orlando Magic
04-08-2011, 07:39 PM
What's really funny is Rose himself mentioned best player in the league and MVP in the same sentence and all his fans say the two aren't linked. From the horse's mouth. He probably thinks he's the best player in the league, just like a bunch of his fanboys. Rofl. :)

kaiiu
04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I think Dwight is the best player in the NBA but I think Rose deserves the Mvp this year

1987_Lakers
04-08-2011, 07:53 PM
this dude got owned.

Kellogs4toniee
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM
What's really funny is Rose himself mentioned best player in the league and MVP in the same sentence and all his fans say the two aren't linked. From the horse's mouth. He probably thinks he's the best player in the league, just like a bunch of his fanboys. Rofl. :)

Wow you are trying waaay too hard.

"Jesus"
04-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Butthurt. :(

Pointguard
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba

and

Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

Kind of Amazing.

Glide2keva
04-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Reach much?

Dengness9
04-08-2011, 08:24 PM

I just want to know if you actually "rolled on the floor laughing"?

Sorry your feelings are hurt.

1Time4YourMind
04-08-2011, 08:31 PM
And?:sleeping

97 bulls
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
That's a good thing. I want the leader of my team to feel night in and night out he's the best player on the court. He needs to be a little cocky

1rkrage
04-08-2011, 08:39 PM
rose said on espn radio just recently that Deng's got his MVP vote. :confusedshrug:

Deng is the best player in the league for Rose :bowdown:

jasonresno
04-08-2011, 09:10 PM
The Reach is strong in this one.

Well, according to your logic: LBJ said Rose is the MVP too. So straight from the "supposed MVPs" mouth: Rose is the MVP.

Well, according to your logic: Jordan said Rose is the MVP. So straight from the mouth of the greatest player of all time..

See? This is just tiring :/

Bigsmoke
04-09-2011, 09:25 AM

look at this moron :lol

Bigsmoke
04-09-2011, 09:27 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

jrong
04-09-2011, 09:41 AM

But, what these numbers illustrate is that he's simply not as good as players who have better numbers in these categories. And two of them in particular-- Wade and Howard-- have not only outplayed Rose during his MVP year, but the majority of their seasons have also been better than his MVP year. And yet, in a sense, by getting MVP his career has already been vaulted past theirs-- particularly Howard who, unlike Wade, doesn't at least have a Finals MVP to secure his legacy.

Rose's MVP is a result of a remarkable confluence of circumstances: LBJ and Wade teaming up, the Bulls hiring Thibodeau, slipppage from Kobe, and his own blossoming into a top ten player. The stars literally aligned for him. In his defense, though, his MVP isn't nearly as egregious as Nash's were.

Glide2keva
04-09-2011, 09:46 AM
But, what these numbers illustrate is that he's simply not as good as players who have better numbers in these categories. And two of them in particular-- Wade and Howard-- have not only outplayed Rose during his MVP year, but the majority of their seasons have also been better than his MVP year. And yet, in a sense, by getting MVP his career has already been vaulted past theirs-- particularly Howard who, unlike Wade, doesn't at least have a Finals MVP to secure his legacy.

Rose's MVP is a result of a remarkable confluence of circumstances: LBJ and Wade teaming up, the Bulls hiring Thibodeau, slipppage from Kobe, and his own blossoming into a top ten player. The stars literally aligned for him. In his defense, though, his MVP isn't nearly as egregious as Nash's were.

jrong
04-09-2011, 09:49 AM

This is a curious response from you, considering we've had several exchanges on this forum in which it's been apparent that we basically agree on this topic. And my post is a restatement of a post I made yesterday with which you essentially agreed.

Rnbizzle
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Juju151111 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bigsmoke
04-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Juju151111 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

:cheers:

Glide2keva
04-09-2011, 09:57 AM
This is a curious response from you, considering we've had several exchanges on this forum in which it's been apparent that we basically agree on this topic. And my post is a restatement of a post I made yesterday with which you essentially agreed.
But you're implying his play had nothing to do with him being in the race or leading the race.

In the head to heads against the other MVP candidates, Rose played his best and his team won mostly all of those games. That's why he's up there.

Derrick Rose is deserving and if Howard had elevated his team, he would have a real case, not just numbers on a worse team.

pre-season projections were:

1. Miami
2. Orlando/Bostom
3. Boston/Orlando
4. Chicago/Milwaukee
5. Milwaukee/Chicago

What actuall happened?

1. Chicago
2. Boston
3. Miami
4. Orlando

Dwight has recieved 18 technical fouls and gotten suspended twice as a result. Can't win MVP that way.

Rnbizzle
04-09-2011, 10:04 AM
But you're implying his play had nothing to do with him being in the race or leading the race.

In the head to heads against the other MVP candidates, Rose played his best and his team won mostly all of those games. That's why he's up there.

Derrick Rose is deserving and if Howard had elevated his team, he would have a real case, not just numbers on a worse team.

1. Miami
2. Orlando/Bostom
3. Boston/Orlando
4. Chicago/Milwaukee
5. Milwaukee/Chicago

What actuall happened?

1. Chicago
2. Boston
3. Miami
4. Orlando

Dwight has recieved 18 technical fouls and gotten suspended twice as a result. Can't win MVP that way.
So true. :applause:

jrong
04-09-2011, 10:08 AM

1. Miami
2. Orlando/Bostom
3. Boston/Orlando
4. Chicago/Milwaukee
5. Milwaukee/Chicago

What actuall happened?

1. Chicago
2. Boston
3. Miami
4. Orlando

No, I credited his play-- I said he's a top ten player. But, the fact remains that if Bron hadn't gone to Miami, this is a two-man race between he and Wade. And there would be no Rose MVP-consideration if VDN was still coaching the Bulls and a lot less of it if Kobe was still a 27+ ppg scorer (assuming that would have led to several more Laker wins).

You know my Wade-issues, so I won't rehash them, but I also put Howard in somewhat of the same category as a potential all-time-great who may never get an MVP, while Rose now in his 1st year of playing MVP-rated ball will. That doesn't sit right with me at all, unless Rose was the runaway, obvious choice. In Rose's defense, he will have his entire career to validate his award whereas Steve Nash's will forever be a stain upon the league.

brantonli
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
I just don't feel comfortable if Rose won the MVP this season. One could almost say, a guy's first breakout year and he wins the MVP? Seriously? I know the Bulls have absolutely blown everybody away with their expectations, but then so did the Spurs. Almost feels like COY debacles, a team does fairly well one year, and suddenly the coach is the COY. And neither, I don't think, is he the best player in the league (although of course that has almost never been a measure for MVP candidacy). It is just troubling that if Rose does win it, then he has the same number of MVPs as Shaquille, Kobe, Hakeem, Garnett, Barkely, M Malone, Iverson. He may well achieve greatness like all those other players, but I still have a nagging doubt.

brownmamba00
04-09-2011, 10:12 AM

Glide2keva
04-09-2011, 10:14 AM
So true. :applause:
The Bulls weren't projected to finish with the top seed and it was ridiculous to think they would when the season started. Miami was supposed to run away with it and leave everyone else fight for postition. That didn't happen. Add to the fact that Boozer/Noah have missed a combined 57 games (some of them together), the Bulls still didn't lose more than 2 games in a row.

2 games, that's their biggest losing streak of the entire season. Think about that. Their defense may have kept them in a lot of games and even won some for them, but their offense is heavily dependent on Rose to bring them home, either through scoring or assisting and putting pressure on the other team. He stepped into that role willingly and did whatever his team needed him to do.

When they needed to make a statement against the Spurs, Rose dropped 42 on them, after dropping 33 on them in the beginning of the season. They needed to make a statement against Miami after the all-star break, Rose makes clutch shot after clutch shot and got the game-winning assist, in one game and kept them close by hitting tough shots to allow Deng to get to the FT line to hit those big free throws, not mention that sick drive on both lebron and Wade that people are still trying to figure out how the hell he scored that basket.

Rose proved himself when the world was watching to see him fail.

It reminds me of a Joell Ortiz rhyme: "Fail just ain't something that I'm finna, I'm such a sore loser, I make sure I'm a MF'in winner."

That's Rose in a nutshell.

BlackJoker23
No, I credited his play-- I said he's a top ten player. But, the fact remains that if Bron hadn't gone to Miami, this is a two-man race between he and Wade. And there would be no Rose MVP-consideration if VDN was still coaching the Bulls and a lot less of it if Kobe was still a 27+ ppg scorer (assuming that would have led to several more Laker wins).

You know my Wade-issues, so I won't rehash them, but I also put Howard in somewhat of the same category as a potential all-time-great who may never get an MVP, while Rose now in his 1st year of playing MVP-rated ball will. That doesn't sit right with me at all, unless Rose was the runaway, obvious choice. In Rose's defense, he will have his entire career to validate his award whereas Steve Nash's will forever be a stain upon the league.
Nope, Dwyane Wade's 06 finals will forever have a stain upon the league.

Chicago Brawls
I just don't feel comfortable if Rose won the MVP this season. One could almost say, a guy's first breakout year and he wins the MVP? Seriously? I know the Bulls have absolutely blown everybody away with their expectations, but then so did the Spurs. Almost feels like COY debacles, a team does fairly well one year, and suddenly the coach is the COY. And neither, I don't think, is he the best player in the league (although of course that has almost never been a measure for MVP candidacy). It is just troubling that if Rose does win it, then he has the same number of MVPs as Shaquille, Kobe, Hakeem, Garnett, Barkely, M Malone, Iverson. He may well achieve greatness like all those other players, but I still have a nagging doubt.

Go to YouTube, watch one of the many Derrick Rose highlight reels and behold greatness.

That will surely make you feel better.

Glide2keva
04-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Nope, Dwyane Wade's 06 finals will forever have a stain upon the league.
No, it won't. Only haters like you think that.

Grey Dawn
04-09-2011, 10:20 AM
:lol @ thread.

Yeah this year is a bit of Rose winning MVP by default due to no one else really stepping up, but the points the Bulls fans make here in the last couple of pages are all valid, so all things considered he does deserve it, some people have just taken the position he doesn't and they can't let go of it.

If you think he doesn't deserve it, make a firm case for why someone else deserves it more? (based on this season alone and not 'reputation' built up over previous seasons).

BlackJoker23
04-09-2011, 10:22 AM
No, it won't. Only haters like you think that.
:cry:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9153/dferd.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3076/3125950908_9ef99d8d57_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3114/3125120705_4fdc50bbc3_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3214/3125950882_172ab5e6de_o.png

jn2rons
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
:lol

Should Pin this and put a disclaimer 1st post.

Something like... Don't post nonsensical shyt, just to increase your post count, when you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what you're talking about. Your post will be pulled from the grips of the Kracken, and you will be :lol :lol :lol at, to no ends!!

N this is why they play the games!!

Great friggin thread - Would def read again :pimp:

Clocian-IGN
04-09-2011, 10:36 AM

tell me what does a pg need to do to win your heart? 30/14? I mean really, dude is averaging 25/8/4 and has the 1st seed. he's not only scoring but is the only player who can create on the perimeter for himself and teammates. what more do you want?

Glide2keva
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Yep, you mad.

That's Finals MVP to you buddy.

Glide2keva
04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
tell me what does a pg need to do to win your heart? 30/14? I mean really, dude is averaging 25/8/4 and has the 1st seed. he's not only scoring but is the only player who can create on the perimeter for himself and teammates. what more do you want?
For Rose to do his taxes for him too.

dunksby
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Rose wanted the MVP and he got it, lets see if he wants the title as bad.

Bigsmoke
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM

well this is only his 3rd season so its not like Rose have no chance to retire with a better career than KG, Barkley, Iverson ect. I would pick Rose over guys like Iverson and Nash anyway.

Rnbizzle
04-09-2011, 10:48 AM
That's not something he can control as much by himself as the MVP though, I doubt Rose will disappear in the playoffs, I fear for Deng and Boozer though :cry:

dunksby
04-09-2011, 10:54 AM
That's not something he can control as much by himself as the MVP though, I doubt Rose will disappear in the playoffs, I fear for Deng and Boozer though :cry:
My point was that his play will show his determinism toward his goal.

Rnbizzle
04-09-2011, 11:17 AM
My point was that his play will show his determinism toward his goal.
Oh Rose will go all out in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.

1rkrage
04-09-2011, 11:36 AM
not implying anything but Rose has already said on ESPN Radio 1000 a couple of weeks back

"Why can't we win a Championship?"

for the record, i think we don't have a good shot at winning it all this year. but in the playoffs anything can happen.

dunksby
04-09-2011, 12:03 PM
not implying anything but Rose has already said on ESPN Radio 1000 a couple of weeks back

"Why can't we win a Championship?"

for the record, i think we don't have a good shot at winning it all this year. but in the playoffs anything can happen.
We all know he wants the title who does not, so far he has put action behind his words (To become MVP) thus we could look forward to an exciting playoffs from him.

LEFT4DEAD
04-09-2011, 12:14 PM

IDK why are y'all repeating yourself over and over again posting same bullshit. Why don't you post us one faul which was called without reason? Because every ****ing foul on Wade was legit and some were for techical. Everybody have their style of play. Wade's is attacking the basket. Thats why he is getting so much calls. Lebron same.

On other hand Kobe's is chocking in the finals and getting bailed out by his teammates. Wade is hitting his free throws at least in big games. Kobe's shots are all brick after brick after brick. IDK why are you mad bro over that?

Bigsmoke
04-09-2011, 01:48 PM
about the 2006 Finals.

What happened to Dirk?

22.8ppg on 39% shooting?

The Heat won because the Heat best player played way better

creepingdeath
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
about the 2006 Finals.

What happened to Dirk?

22.8ppg on 39% shooting?

The Heat won because the Heat best player played way better
No, it's just one of various reasons.

Chicago Brawls
04-11-2011, 09:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udvlcD2Zf9E

LosBulls
12-14-2012, 05:13 PM

LOL

LosBulls
12-14-2012, 05:15 PM

I called it.

Hank
12-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh Rose will go all out in the playoffs, no doubt in my mind.

And Rose shot "UNDER" 10% shooting in all the 4th quarters for the series vs the Miami Heat

That's what happens when you have much better players like Wade and Lebron taking turns shutting down the overrated punk when it counts ;-)

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/7804/dwyane-wades-unheralded-game-2-defense

Whoah10115
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
And Rose shot "UNDER" 10% shooting in all the 4th quarters for the series vs the Miami Heat

That's what happens when you have much better players like Wade and Lebron taking turns shutting down the overrated punk when it counts ;-)

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/7804/dwyane-wades-unheralded-game-2-defense

One has to appreciate how awful this post actually is. Sad and embarrassing.

poido123
12-14-2012, 07:14 PM

Easily the worst and most insecure poster on ISH>

You're up there with Alphawolf and co. :applause:

rodman91
12-14-2012, 07:27 PM

4th quarters... overrated punks... ironic. :lol

KOBE143
12-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Never doubt young Kobe.. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bdreason
12-15-2012, 02:28 AM
If the Bulls somehow managed the best record out East, and Rose averages something like 20/5/8... I think he could pull off MVP.

Wow, I actually got something right for once. Except he averaged 25/4/8 in his MVP season.