PDA

View Full Version : What game did you finish?

glidedrxlr22
09-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Similar to the What game are you playing now thread..... what games have you recently passed?

Mass Effect 2 09/28/10
Not 100%...credits rolled....lost some crew members... did some side missions

Metal Gear 3 Subsistence 09/29/10
Took me about 20 hours.

Rose
09-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Halo reach: beautiful campaign amazing loved the campaign.
Transformers War for Cybertron: campaign is far better than the multiplayer(which is okay)

LbloodOjunkieG
09-30-2010, 01:43 PM
I have a hard time finishing games, but I did finish Mafia II a few weeks ago. I loved that game.

brooks_thompson
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
mass effect 2 for the 4th time, now that the shadow broker dlc is out. i still check the thread here almost daily in hopes that people are still playing it. first game i ever got 1000 gamerscore on

simcjt
09-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Last game I beat story wise was Red Dead. Probably get it again from gamefly soon to get 1000 gamerscore wise.

BALLin01
09-30-2010, 03:40 PM
Halo Reach on Legendary. Loved the campaign

RapsFan
09-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Recently completed Dragon Age and then Red Dead. Am going to be starting up another ME2 playthrough soon.

gasolina
09-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Let's see for this year only.... (Finished game, but no 100% completion)

1. God of War collection
2. God of War 3
3. Heavy Rain
4. Final Fantasy 13
5. Dragon Age Awakening
6. Uncharted 2 (was this 2010?)
7. Assassin's Creed 2

glidedrxlr22
09-30-2010, 05:13 PM
Let's see for this year only.... (Finished game, but no 100% completion)

1. God of War collection
2. God of War 3
3. Heavy Rain
4. Final Fantasy 13
5. Dragon Age Awakening
6. Uncharted 2 (was this 2010?)
7. Assassin's Creed 2

I completed the ones in bold:
1. God of War collection passed the originals
2. God of War 3 great game
3. Heavy Rain great story and drama
4. Final Fantasy 13
5. Dragon Age Awakening might play this...game of the year edition out in Oct
6. Uncharted 2 (was this 2010?) great game
7. Assassin's Creed 2[/QUOTE]

ukballer
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm horrible at finishing games, I just get too bored. Especially when I'm crap at them.

I guess completing the Pokemon games can count? Even though basically everyone who had the game completed them....

Oh, I did complete Gran Turismo 4 though. Won every race/championship and unlocked every car. That was/is one addictive game. Now I don't even have a PS3 to play GT5 on.

gasolina
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm horrible at finishing games, I just get too bored. Especially when I'm crap at them.

I guess completing the Pokemon games can count? Even though basically everyone who had the game completed them....

Oh, I did complete Gran Turismo 4 though. Won every race/championship and unlocked every car. That was/is one addictive game. Now I don't even have a PS3 to play GT5 on.
Wow that's quite something. I remember when i got my PS2 it was packaged with GT3 A-spec. Fantastic game. But I think I broke a controller or two from frustration of leading the first 4 1/2 laps of a race and then crashing halfway on the 5th and last lap....

And then getting the same ****ing car I unlocked 30 minutes ago from the same race (there were 4 different cars to be unlocked at random)

SayTownRy
09-30-2010, 05:36 PM
been a few months since i played one all the way through..

last ones were super mario galaxy 2, alan wake, and cave story. all quality.

should have halo reach wrapped up by the weekend, but i can only play a level or so before i hafta jump into some multiplayer

RapsFan
09-30-2010, 07:19 PM
I also finished FF13 earlier this year. The most hrs into any game in a long long time was with FF13.

ukballer
10-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Wow that's quite something. I remember when i got my PS2 it was packaged with GT3 A-spec. Fantastic game. But I think I broke a controller or two from frustration of leading the first 4 1/2 laps of a race and then crashing halfway on the 5th and last lap....

And then getting the same ****ing car I unlocked 30 minutes ago from the same race (there were 4 different cars to be unlocked at random)

That sounds pretty rough! I was pretty lucky with the random cars. Also, for the endurance races, I just stuck it on B-Spec for most of it and left it on overnight. :pimp:

I was only a kid at the time, and there was no way my parents were gonna let me game through the night and race. :lol So I just put it on B-Spec, turned the tv off and let it do most of the race haha.

gasolina
10-01-2010, 08:53 AM
That sounds pretty rough! I was pretty lucky with the random cars. Also, for the endurance races, I just stuck it on B-Spec for most of it and left it on overnight. :pimp:

I was only a kid at the time, and there was no way my parents were gonna let me game through the night and race. :lol So I just put it on B-Spec, turned the tv off and let it do most of the race haha.
B-spec? Band spec? You put rubber bands on your dual shock?

ukballer
10-01-2010, 09:32 AM
B-spec? Band spec? You put rubber bands on your dual shock?

Haha no. :lol

You not heard of B-Spec? You're not driving the car, you're basically the race team chief, and you can tell the driver of your car how hard to push, or not to push, when to try and pass another car, or when to pit. If you're in the fastest car, you can literally just leave it playing by itself for a few hours, and you've won.

gasolina
10-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Haha no. :lol

You not heard of B-Spec? You're not driving the car, you're basically the race team chief, and you can tell the driver of your car how hard to push, or not to push, when to try and pass another car, or when to pit. If you're in the fastest car, you can literally just leave it playing by itself for a few hours, and you've won.
WTF I didn't know that. I read in a forum somewhere that people would just put rubber bands to keep the analog stick in place. And then sleep through it.

Good times. GT3 A-spec was one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. It also had Lenny Kravitz in it and 99 luftballoons. :lol

SinJackal
10-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Front Mission Evolved. I'm playing the multiplayer on that game right now. It's pretty interesting, though the high level players have such a huge advanatge in the stuff they can use, which makes it sort of not fun sometimes.

glidedrxlr22
10-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Just passed the first Uncharted.

Rasheed1
10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Red Dead Redemption..

that was a great game..

Just got force unleashed II... gonna finish that next... I also got one of the old Grand theft autos that I didnt play before...

GOBB
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Bioshock 2 is probably the last game I finished. I think that came after Red Dead. If not then it'll be Red Dead Redemption. I've been working on COD 2 and 3 to finish those. Got sidetracked.

Call of Duty 2, 3, Bioshock DLC Minerva Din are games I need to finish.

brooks_thompson
11-17-2010, 10:18 PM
i spent the last week with a dead rising 2 rental. i never played the first and wasn't sure i'd like it, but it was really enjoyable. i did all the cases and rescued as many survivors/killed all the psychopaths i could find (i'm sure i missed a couple of each though) and got the s ending, which i assume is the best.

i really liked how contained the game was with the time limit and the map size. it was the perfect size; i've gotten bored with overly huge open world games like just cause and GTA4.

plus i haven't had as much fun just causing random chaos since grand theft auto 3 came out.

Jackass18
11-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Halo: Reach. I only have 1 achievement left to do. I probably won't play it again 'til the end of the month, though.

glidedrxlr22
12-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Castlevania Lords of Shadow. Great hack n slash with strategy and puzzles game. Lengthy too....took me about 18 hours and I didn't even go back to areas you can re-explore.

kristy
12-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Mafia II is my favorite game, but i can never finish it.

mrpuente
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
i just beat cabelas big game hunter.

in works...black ops, halo reach, bioshock 2 (still unopened:( )

GOBB
12-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Callof Duty Black Ops on veteran. Short campaign and not extremely difficult as I anticipated.

Maniak
12-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I beat Black ops campaign on like regular.

Campaigns generally bore me.

mrpuente
12-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Callof Duty Black Ops on veteran. Short campaign and not extremely difficult as I anticipated.
really damn i find this hard to believe, their games usually take me like an hour and a half for each level on veteran.

glidedrxlr22
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Demon's Souls - 52 hours and it was worth it. :rockon:

glidedrxlr22
02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Splinter Cell Conviction - It was better than expected. I like how it gives you the choice of sneaking or going balls to the wall.

RapsFan
02-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Demon's Souls - 52 hours and it was worth it. :rockon:

Is this game incredibly hard?

glidedrxlr22
02-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Is this game incredibly hard?

The first level weeds out the men from the boys. You

ErhnamDjinn
02-08-2011, 04:05 PM
recently finish Black ops just finished Red dead redemption this morning while having a beer before I went to sleep, great game. Want to buy little big planet two

m y t i n
02-09-2011, 02:25 AM
Since October 2010 I finished
-Fable III
-AC Brotherhood
-FFXIII
-GOW 1 & 2
-Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
-Black Ops

Al Thornton
02-09-2011, 02:56 AM
[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]It

Lakerlove420
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
The first level weeds out the men from the boys.

:eek:

glidedrxlr22
02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
how is not ever being able to save progress not cheap?

The game autosaves. As soon as you die it autosaves

sh0wtime
02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Oh man you are asking the wrong (or maybe correct) person. I have been a gamer since late 80s, finished alot of games on commodore, amiga, nes, snes, sega genesis, neo-geo, dreamcast, N64, ps1, ps2, xbox, ps3, xbox360 and on PC. :oldlol:

Latest one was Dead Space 2 (PC), fantastic game.

Nevaeh
02-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Finished Bullet Witch and Mass Effect within the same week.

Of course, Bullet Witch is a much shorter game, but I have a history of leaving games unfinished lol.

Mass Effect was over before I knew it, because I had forgot that it's an ACTION Role Playing Game, and those tend to Have a playtime of around 20 hours or so. I love how you can venture off with the sidequests, or just stick with the main storyline. Some Games force you to "grind" and I can't stand that style of RPG.

glidedrxlr22
02-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Alpha Protocol. I give it a 7/10. It would've been a great ps2 game. It needed way more polish and improved AI. I had fun playing it.

Qwyjibo
02-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Bought it used a couple months ago. Now going for the 100% completion. Just have 14 bounties left to do for that.

Incredible game though. I don't know why I never got around to playing it when it came out but this was an amazing experience with near-perfect storytelling. It's weird that even though most of the missions are very similar, the game never got boring due to the really well designed world you're exploring. This is where GTA 4 missed the mark a bit for me. I found Liberty City to be kinda boring at times.

RapsFan
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
I will tell you what I did NOT finish.....Mafia 2. Very nice looking game, very fun when you were actually playing, but there is only so much driving a guy can do. Anyone else enjoy this game?

Nevaeh
02-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Alpha Protocol. I give it a 7/10. It would've been a great ps2 game. It needed way more polish and improved AI. I had fun playing it.

I was sooo temted to snag this up used for 20 bucks, but was still sitting on Mass Effect 2, and my second playthrough of Crackdown (one of the funnest "Mess Around" games ever).

Just finished Red Dead Redemption. Bought it used a couple months ago. Now going for the 100% completion. Just have 14 bounties left to do for that.

Incredible game though. I don't know why I never got around to playing it when it came out but this was an amazing experience with near-perfect storytelling. It's weird that even though most of the missions are very similar, the game never got boring due to the really well designed world you're exploring. This is where GTA 4 missed the mark a bit for me. I found Liberty City to be kinda boring at times.

This is one of the few things that kept me away from this game.

1-I wasn't really feeling the "foreigner trying to find his way in the world" premise

2-The driving wasn't tight enough (there's no shame in a car handling "Arcadey" if it makes driving fun)

3-Liberty City is just played out now lol.

I was thinking Rockstar should base the next game in Chicago during the 90s or something. Have you be a Brotha again, dealing with gangs on the tier above the common street thugs (rocking suits, nice faded haircut, and Goatee). Brothas here are known for being smooth as opposed to abrasive and pushy.

The Chi has some of the best Expressways in the country, along with a great sports history (they could have 2 rival pro baseball teams literally trying to kidnap and kill each other for a chance at a World Series title lol).

And of course, you gotta have a "Stepping" mini game in there. This is THE trademark dance of Chicago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSFH8M6ePs&feature=related

Qwyjibo
02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
2-The driving wasn't tight enough (there's no shame in a car handling "Arcadey" if it makes driving fun)
I agree.

Some of the best parts of San Andreas (IMO, the best GTA game) were just being able to speed ridiculously through highways and countryside between the 3 different cities. GTA 4 didn't have that sense of variety and fun. I liked the story it told but the setting got stale for me after a while.

clipse026
02-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Just finished up Mass Effect for the 1st time. I bought Mass Effect 2 for 9.99 on Black Friday and blazed through that and loved it. I figured I should get around to importing my Shepard from the 1st game and beat the 2nd over again in time for the 3rd.

After playing the 2nd game 1st and then playing Mass Effect after, the combat was so terrible. Good thing I loved the story and the decisions you get to make so it was still an 8/10 experience for me. I'll probably take my 2nd playthrough ME2 slowly now but It will be cool to see my decisions in action.

drkmasked
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Finished the game infamous for ps3 2 weeks ago, just got the platinum trophy today...

Nevaeh
03-05-2011, 03:51 AM
On a hunch, I decided to pop Ninja Gaiden Black into my 360, and what a surprise it worked :) Started a new session last week, and now Leading into the final chapter. This inspired me to snag up Ninja Gaiden 2 on the cheap (10 Bucks? why not).

These are actually 2 different styles of games, something I knew ahead of time. Where Ninja Gaiden Black is an Action Adventure Game with exploration and RPG elements, Ninja Gaiden 2 is more a traditional style action game with straight level layouts. If the Classic game Strider was in 3D, it would be Ninja Gaiden 2.

Anyway, beat NG2 tonight and I will say it was a decent ride. Not quite up to the Original's Standards, but still fun with homage paid to certain levels and enemies from the first game.

m y t i n
03-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Just finished Bulletstorm. Might trade it, Black Ops and a Kinect game for Crysis 2

glidedrxlr22
03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Killzone 3. Excellent campaign.

clipse026
03-06-2011, 01:51 AM
Just finished Dragon Age: Origins for the 2nd time just in time for Dragon Age 2. This time I went with Lelaina over Morrigan. And I was a Mage instead of a Rogue. Just as fun the 2nd time around. I'll have to try it again eventually as a tank or a 2 handed warrior. :applause:

RapsFan
03-07-2011, 12:03 AM
I just completed Uncharted 2 for the first time after playing the first Uncharted right before. That was an awesome. One of the best I've played. Finished just in time to start up Dragon Age 2 shortly.

bdreason
03-07-2011, 12:39 AM
The only game I've actually finished (out of 30) is FF13... and I didn't really finish all the quests. I'm close to the finish of quite a few though, including; MGS4, ME2, Uncharted2, and RedDead.

glidedrxlr22
03-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Dante's Inferno. I really liked it. The similarities to God of War, I feel, garnered it lower review scores than it should've gotten. I'm looking forward to the sequal.

code green
04-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Took 4 years of on/off playing and a few restarts, but i finally beat twilight princess.

nightprowler10
04-07-2011, 03:53 PM
The only game I've completely finished with all the trophies etc, ever, was Assassin's Creed II. I was hooked.

Although I've finished the main story lines on 90% of the games I play.

fanlynne
04-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Fifa 09
Halo 3
Metal Gear Solid
Goldeneye5. LoZ: Ocarina of Time (AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH)
World of Warcraft (pfffft, that doesn't count, surely)
Final Fantasy VII

m y t i n
04-11-2011, 10:03 AM
The only game I've completely finished with all the trophies etc, ever, was Assassin's Creed II. I was hooked.

Although I've finished the main story lines on 90% of the games I play.

Same here! I got all the achievements for ACII, the next highest achievement game I played is AC Brotherhood at 750 gamerpoints and then NBA 2K10 with 685 gamerpoints.

Just finished Crysis 2, which is absolutely amazing. Multiplayer is kinda mediocre with all the lag but is extremely addictive. 3/4 into Halo Reach and about half way through Mass Effect 1

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Mass Effect 2 - Cleared everything including DLC's and side missions. No main crew members died in the final mission. I lost all of the NPC crew members though save for Dr. Chakwas :lol

God Of War 3 - Literally beat it in like 2 1/2 days. Cleared everything

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - Beat the main story line just have to do the final test to unlock Sage Mode Naruto and 4th Hokage

Brujesino
04-12-2011, 01:04 AM
Just beat Mafia 2.Storyline was great gameplay not so much but turned out to be fun anyways.

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Just finished up Mass Effect for the 1st time. I bought Mass Effect 2 for 9.99 on Black Friday and blazed through that and loved it. I figured I should get around to importing my Shepard from the 1st game and beat the 2nd over again in time for the 3rd.

After playing the 2nd game 1st and then playing Mass Effect after, the combat was so terrible. Good thing I loved the story and the decisions you get to make so it was still an 8/10 experience for me. I'll probably take my 2nd playthrough ME2 slowly now but It will be cool to see my decisions in action.

can't wait till ME3...gonna be soo epic....hopefully

Nevaeh
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
can't wait till ME3...gonna be soo epic....hopefully

The only things i hated about ME2 were that the Text was sometimes too hard to read, you couldn't toggle your helmet off and on at will, and your squad members didn't also have armored suits as well.

It just seemed silly to see what should be combat soldiers going into battle wearing casual clothes, while the squad leader (Shepard) is fully protected :oldlol:

gasolina
04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah a little more customization w/ the armor for ME3 ala dragon age would be nice. Along with the helmet toggle too.

Recently finished:
ME2 - no one left behind on first playthrough
ACB
RDR

Now playing DA2..... god' i've only played three games on the first quarter of 2011.

Bosnian Sajo
04-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Recently? AC Brotherhood and am finishing up RDR (just got it 1 1/2 weeks ago)

Hopefully gonna pick up some new games to play this summer, BTW, is 2k11 worth picking up even though I am probably gonna get 2k12?

Mr. I'm So Rad
04-15-2011, 12:45 AM
The only things i hated about ME2 were that the Text was sometimes too hard to read, you couldn't toggle your helmet off and on at will, and your squad members didn't also have armored suits as well.

It just seemed silly to see what should be combat soldiers going into battle wearing casual clothes, while the squad leader (Shepard) is fully protected :oldlol:

Yeah I really hated that you couldn't toggle the helmet on and off. You should be able to wear it in battle but take it off when talking. I also think the animations and facial expressions could use some work. The graphics are astounding, but sometimes the mouth flaps are out of sync with the words and whenever Shepard smiles a puppy dies...especially after Garrus talks about his sparring match with another Turian.

And yeah that does seem weird that they don't have armor or protection but Shepard wears it. Guess that's why we carry so much medi-gel :oldlol:

RapsFan
04-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Just finished Assassin's Creed Brotherhood last night. I really enjoyed the game. I'd forgotten how much I liked AC2 and can't wait for the AC3.

mcrd101
04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
beat TMNT Hyperstone Heist for Sega Genesis yesterday :pimp:

Brujesino
04-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Singularity a week ago and Mortal Kombat story mode.

m y t i n
05-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Finished Crysis 2 about a month ago. Still playing it because im addicted to the multiplayer and I am also trying to beat the game on the highest difficulty; 2 missions to go :D

Still halfway in Mass Effect 1 and also a third of the way in Battlefield Bad Company 2. Still need to finish Lost Odyssey (I bought it when I just got the 360. Almost finished it but I accidentally erased my hardrive when I replaced my profile as an XBOX live account), Prototype, Bayonetta and Fable II

glidedrxlr22
05-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Just finished Dragon Age 2. I really enjoyed it. Now on to Crysis 2.

Brujesino
05-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Alan Wake last friday

SinJackal
05-04-2011, 07:07 PM
In the last month or so: Vanguard Bandits, Hitman: Contracts, Hitman: Blood Money, and am in the middle of Fallout: New Vegas now. I stopped playing that awhile back because of all the freezing, but they patched it finally recently so that it's actually playable.

glidedrxlr22
05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Crysis 2 - excellent and lengthy campaign

chains5000
05-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Just finished Dead Space 2

glidedrxlr22
05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Just finished Vanquish. That last boss took me about 15 minutes!

Scholar
05-27-2011, 03:39 AM
I finished The Mafia II and L.A Noire recently.
Now working on Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Kungfro
01-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Bump. Just finished "To the Moon". The gameplay was pretty simple, kind of a point and click adventure. The focus was more on the story though, which was really good. I'd highly recommend checking it out.

http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20110808/ttm_sst5_18929.nphd.jpg

glidedrxlr22
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Over the last couple of months I completed Uncharted 3, Rage, and Arkham City. Now working on Dead Island to be followed by Cursed Crusade, Duke Nukem :confusedshrug: , Arkham Asylum, and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City.

glidedrxlr22
09-11-2012, 02:36 PM
These are the games I've completed over the last 3 - 3.5 years.

Sleeping Dogs
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mass Effect 3
Witcher 2
Max Payne 3
God of War 2
God of War 1
Duke Nukem Forever
Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City
Cursed Crusade
Dead Island
Batman Arkham City
Rage
Uncharted 3
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Killzone 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid
Crysis 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Aliens vs Predator
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Red Dead Redemption
Demon's Souls
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
God of War 3
Killzone 2

clipse026
09-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Finished Sleeping Dogs last week before I went on vacation. Finished Ep. 3 of The Walking Dead today. And I'm about 40% through Arkham City now. I wish I had known I couldn't use the skin pack until I beat the game and challenge maps. I wanted to be Batman Beyond :cry:

ACCBaller1403
09-17-2012, 12:43 AM
These are the games I've completed over the last 3 - 3.5 years.

Sleeping Dogs
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mass Effect 3
Witcher 2
Max Payne 3
Duke Nukem Forever
Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City
Cursed Crusade
Dead Island
Batman Arkham City
Rage
Uncharted 3
Gears of War 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Killzone 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid
Crysis 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Aliens vs Predator
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Red Dead Redemption
Demon's Souls
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Killzone 2

How could you have played Demon's Souls and not Dark Souls? I just did another runthrough of DKS as a sorcerer and had a blast. There are so many ways to play that game and the depth is staggering. The lore and history of it is crazy as well. I would highly suggest playing it if you haven't yet.

I'm excited for the Castlevania LOS sequel. The first game was very underrated by the media.

Would you recommend Sleeping Dogs? I'm not a huge fan of GTA due to the repetitiveness but I heard this was decent with an Arkham City-like fighting system. Worth a buy?

Next up for me is Borderlands 2. The first was incredible and the sequel looks like it took everything from the first and added a great story.

glidedrxlr22
09-17-2012, 11:04 AM
How could you have played Demon's Souls and not Dark Souls? I just did another runthrough of DKS as a sorcerer and had a blast. There are so many ways to play that game and the depth is staggering. The lore and history of it is crazy as well. I would highly suggest playing it if you haven't yet.

I'm excited for the Castlevania LOS sequel. The first game was very underrated by the media.

Would you recommend Sleeping Dogs? I'm not a huge fan of GTA due to the repetitiveness but I heard this was decent with an Arkham City-like fighting system. Worth a buy?

Next up for me is Borderlands 2. The first was incredible and the sequel looks like it took everything from the first and added a great story.

I have Dark Souls but I have not gotten to it. No doubt it's a keeper.

I loved Lord of Shadows. I can't wait for the sequel.

I too got bored of the GTA formula. Sleeping Dogs feels fresher. Great driving, Max Payne like shooting, and yes Batman-esque type fighting. It took me about 15 hours to complete....so it doesn't drag on forever. The story is pretty good. It was worth a buy for me....if you wanna wait, $40 would be a good deal on this game. Check out the Sleeping Dog thread for more input.

Borderlands 2 tomorrow!!!

glidedrxlr22
11-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I just passed Spec Ops The Line last night. This is an underrated game. It has an awesome story for a 3rd person shooter. The game contains some hard choices and difficult and disturbing images. It shows some of the harsh realities of war some soldiers have to live with. All I have to say is wow....I'll always remember this game.

clipse026
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I just passed Spec Ops The Line last night. This is an underrated game. It has an awesome story for a 3rd person shooter. The game contains some hard choices and difficult and disturbing images. It shows some of the harsh realities of war some soldiers have to live with. All I have to say is wow....I'll always remember this game.
Just got this for $6 on Steam. Sounds like it will be worth the purchase.

Kungfro
11-20-2012, 02:47 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about that games story. Definitely gonna give that a look sometime. A few of the guys from Gamespot and Giantbomb did a podcast with the lead writer that's apparently really interesting. I haven't heard it yet since I don't want to spoil anything.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Just got this for $6 on Steam. Sounds like it will be worth the purchase.
what? aw hell, how could i have missed that :facepalm

clipse026
11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
what? aw hell, how could i have missed that :facepalm
To be fair I bought it from Greenmangaming.com which is an awesome site. Mostly every game redeems on steam and they always have 20-25% off coupons. It was 7.50 +20% off.

Bucket_Nakedz
11-21-2012, 09:57 AM
To be fair I bought it from Greenmangaming.com which is an awesome site. Mostly every game redeems on steam and they always have 20-25% off coupons. It was 7.50 +20% off.
i heard of that site, they always have great deals but i didn't know you could redeem from steam. thanks for heads up :cheers:

glidedrxlr22
12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I'll give it a 7/10 It starts off slow and pretty standard, but there are some tech toys to play with in the game and some interesting levels.

Qwyjibo
12-12-2012, 01:15 AM
Just got my platinum trophy for God of War 3. Really well-made game. Not one I'd ever pay $60 for but well worth buying later on in its life-cycle for $20-30.

Rake2204
12-12-2012, 05:40 PM

Incredible game though. I don't know why I never got around to playing it when it came out but this was an amazing experience with near-perfect storytelling. It's weird that even though most of the missions are very similar, the game never got boring due to the really well designed world you're exploring. This is where GTA 4 missed the mark a bit for me. I found Liberty City to be kinda boring at times.I think Red Dead Redemption is the only next-gen game I've ever completed 100%. Usually there's just too much tedium involved in fully completing those types of games, but Red Dead was great fun throughout.

I also attained every achievement for the Turtles in Time XBox Arcade game, so maybe that kind of counts too. Usually I cannot get every achievement because many of them often involve heavy online play, something I for which I do not partake.