http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIhWEmn79M

"...best sports game of it's generation"

Is it October 5th yet?

Bladers
10-01-2010, 06:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIhWEmn79M

"...best sports game of it's generation"

Is it October 5th yet?

I have played 2k11(xbox 360) Its not all its cracked up to be.

chazzy
10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Wade/Lebron - Conseco Massacre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ILRWlkhu0 (this is sick)

2k11 presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei55oVfg-Yw

Clocian-IGN
10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
:pimp:

elite might as well be discontinued for life

OnceInADECADE
10-01-2010, 06:36 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

i camping out for this
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/sufjantickets.jpg

Spue
10-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I can't wait

PowerGlove
10-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Wade/Lebron - Conseco Massacre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ILRWlkhu0 (this is sick)

:facepalm Yup, online is going to be abso-f*ckinglutely shitty.

MeLO MvP 15
10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Wow I couldn't wait for Tuesday before, now IMA GO CRAZY

niko
10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
:facepalm Yup, online is going to be abso-f*ckinglutely shitty.
WHy? At least it's Heat vs. Lakers, as opposed to Lakers vs. Lakers. :D

Kebab Stall
10-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Playing online of any sports game is going to be a shit experience, so that's a pointless argument.

This game should win sports game of the year, or at the absolute worst, come in second behind Fifa.

PowerGlove
10-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Playing online of any sports game is going to be a shit experience, so that's a pointless argument.

This game should win sports game of the year, or at the absolute worst, come in second behind Fifa.
Pointless argument? What was I arguing? I made an observation.

thejumpa
10-01-2010, 06:51 PM

:roll:

I feel bad for EA sports. Looks like 2K11 is going to make people forget about Elite..

*goes to pre order 2k11*

PowerGlove
10-01-2010, 06:53 PM
:roll:

I feel bad for EA sports. Looks like 2K11 is going to make people forget about Elite..

*goes to pre order 2k11*
Man, I'm clearing my schedule, turning off my phone, shutting my blinds, removing my doorbell, I got to play.

JerrySteakhouse
10-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Now I can't pick my good old HEAT. Way to ruin NBA 2K11 online for me bandwagoner/cheesers.

Gundress
10-01-2010, 06:57 PM
:lol Why Chris Bosh isn't in that video along with Wade and LeBron?

DRoseOwnsACamry
Wow, the 2K11 presentation is ABSOLUTELY sick...

As for Elite 11... Just stop what you're doing... :facepalm

PowerGlove
Now I can't pick my good old HEAT. Way to ruin NBA 2K11 online for me bandwagoner/cheesers.
Utah
Milwaukee
Phoenix

are the teams that I will wreck with.

RoseCity07
10-01-2010, 07:10 PM
This is the first time I haven't let the hype or excitement of the upcoming NBA season make me feel compelled to buy this game. Still not sure if I'm buying, because these games always look great.

9.5 is pretty good. I think hate what they did to the post game in 2k10, and it looks like crap again in 2k11.

Maybe no one here remembers it. But you could do a pump fake in the post, and power dribble under the hoop with guys like Dwight Howard and Greg Oden. With their standing dunk being so high, it was a beast move. It was balanced too, so you could only do it maybe once or twice if they were just entering the game fresh. More times with Dwight, because he is a star.

You do this soft as step through move in 2k10.

OnceInADECADE
10-01-2010, 07:12 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
THAT LEBRON & Wade Mix is Gangsta :bowdown: :bowdown:

1987_Lakers
10-01-2010, 07:14 PM
A sports game getting a 9.5 rating from IGN?:eek:

The last time a sports game got a 9.5 from IGN was I believe Madden 05

Al Thornton
10-01-2010, 07:15 PM
ign is a joke. but can't wait for the game.

bdreason
10-01-2010, 07:18 PM
This is the first time I haven't let the hype or excitement of the upcoming NBA season make me feel compelled to buy this game. Still not sure if I'm buying, because these games always look great.

9.5 is pretty good. I think hate what they did to the post game in 2k10, and it looks like crap again in 2k11.

Maybe no one here remembers it. But you could do a pump fake in the post, and power dribble under the hoop with guys like Dwight Howard and Greg Oden. With their standing dunk being so high, it was a beast move. It was balanced too, so you could only do it maybe once or twice if they were just entering the game fresh. More times with Dwight, because he is a star.

You do this soft as step through move in 2k10.

I think you should pick up NBA ELITE 2011.

VishaltotheG
10-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Isn't that the game where Boozer takes off from the ft line for a dunk? :roll:

RoseCity07
10-01-2010, 07:28 PM

Why? the game is so bad, it has been delayed. I haven't played NBA Live since 2005.

Honeslty, The NBA 2k post game is wack as hell. Put in your 2k9 disc.

Start a game. Throw the ball into the post. If it's a power center, hold left trigger. Pump fake by taping X button, then while pump faking, hit Y button. See what happens.

For a powerforward with some touch around the rim. The up and under in the game was great.

JellyBean
10-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Wow, the 2K11 presentation is ABSOLUTELY sick...

As for Elite 11... Just stop what you're doing... :facepalm

Heck yeah. 2K11 is going to be off the hook! I am glad that I stopped buy/playing NBA Live three years ago. This 2K stuff is nice.

Bladers
10-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Alot of poor people in here.

i already have the game and playing it right now, losers.
I have a modded xbox 360!

NBA Elite 11, has better commentary.

OnceInADECADE
10-01-2010, 07:39 PM

cool

jaydacris
10-01-2010, 07:42 PM

if only everyone was like you
then there would be no companies making games!

oh wait...

RoseCity07
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM

So what? You can't play online with a modded xbox. Even if yours is jtagged, you gonna have to cough up 50 dollars if you can find a replacement KV when you're banned online. Have fun paying for the game anyway when you have to pay to get an unbanned xbox.

OnceInADECADE
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
So what? You can't play online with a modded xbox. Even if yours is jtagged, you gonna have to cough up 50 dollars if you can find a replacement KV when you're banned online. Have fun paying for the game anyway when you have to pay to get an unbanned xbox.

this

Peteballa
10-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Bladers is a moron

ILLsmak
10-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna come in here and hate...

There's no way that game is a 9.5. Get Dickie V in here to scream "ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

They definitely got paid to put that in there. To say a sports game is almost perfect... man there is so much they don't even come close to perfecting.

-Smak

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-01-2010, 08:33 PM

what is a modded x box? wait don't u get a modded x box when u wanna download games for free instead of actually paying for them? and we are the poor ones? :confusedshrug:

JerrySteakhouse
10-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Utah
Milwaukee
Phoenix

are the teams that I will wreck with.

For the past two years I've always used the HEAT. It was fun because I'd have to play well to win my games and people expected a good game. Now when I pick the HEAT they gonna think I'm another cheeser that just dunks with Lebron all day. :facepalm

I guess I'll use the Sixers now?

RoseCity07
10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna come in here and hate...

There's no way that game is a 9.5. Get Dickie V in here to scream "ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

They definitely got paid to put that in there. To say a sports game is almost perfect... man there is so much they don't even come close to perfecting.

-Smak

This is exatly what I'm saying about sports games. Especially basketball games. No way you can perfect the AI of 10 basketball players. The spacing of one team is just as crappy as the next. Length means nothing in NBA sports games.

Steve Nash can block Garnetts jump hook if you time it right. Sports games have light years of work to do.

NoGunzJustSkillz
10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
For the past two years I've always used the HEAT. It was fun because I'd have to play well to win my games and people expected a good game. Now when I pick the HEAT they gonna think I'm another cheeser that just dunks with Lebron all day. :facepalm

I guess I'll use the Sixers now?
trade brand for melo

RoseCity07
10-01-2010, 09:33 PM
One thing I wish 2k would really focus on, is player abilities. Ask what can this player do really well? Instead you got players like Von Wafer and JR smith doing things only Kobe should be able to do.

They need to take player x, look at his strengths, and make sure he can do those things noticeably wells.

When I try to dribble in heavey traffic with Nicolas Batum he should lose the ball if there is too much defense. But yet, he should be able to do a chase down block and be good at contesting shots.

Make role players useful. So in certain situation you put them in. Instead of ignoring them because they can't dribble to the rim and get a cheese lay up.

Younggrease
10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
One thing I wish 2k would really focus on, is player abilities. Ask what can this player do really well? Instead you got players like Von Wafer and JR smith doing things only Kobe should be able to do.

They need to take player x, look at his strengths, and make sure he can do those things noticeably wells.

When I try to dribble in heavey traffic with Nicolas Batum he should lose the ball if there is too much defense. But yet, he should be able to do a chase down block and be good at contesting shots.

Make role players useful. So in certain situation you put them in. Instead of ignoring them because they can't dribble to the rim and get a cheese lay up.

What are you talking about. How are role players not useful? Have you even played 2k11 yet?

Kebab Stall
10-01-2010, 10:41 PM
A pointless observation, that no one really gives a damn about. Online play is pointless with a game like this.

no pun intended
10-01-2010, 10:47 PM
A pointless observation, that no one really gives a damn about. Online play is pointless with a game like this.
Well stated. I dont know about you guys but I like playing my own association or doing the my player mode more than online gaming. Playing online is so fast-paced, thus unrealistic.

AJ2k8
10-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Lookin forward to playing it, will have to get used to some 2k things but guess EA has left me no choice :lol

Hopefully the year off for EA will allow for a competitive market next year:cheers:

no pun intended
10-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Lookin forward to playing it, will have to get used to some 2k things but guess EA has left me no choice :lol

Hopefully the year off for EA will allow for a competitive market next year:cheers:
Hello EA veteran. Welcome back from the war.

m y t i n
10-02-2010, 01:03 AM
what is a modded x box? wait don't u get a modded x box when u wanna download games for free instead of actually paying for them? and we are the poor ones? :confusedshrug:

That's what I thought :roll:

RoseCity07
10-02-2010, 01:09 AM
What are you talking about. How are role players not useful? Have you even played 2k11 yet?

I've played the demo. In all 2k games, role players can't do sh*t. It's always about getting the star the ball, and getting out of the way. I don't see back door cuts unless it's Lebron off ball.

I have played every 2k game since 2k7.

Wagon jumper
10-02-2010, 01:18 AM
I've played the demo. In all 2k games, role players can't do sh*t. It's always about getting the star the ball, and getting out of the way. I don't see back door cuts unless it's Lebron off ball.

I have played every 2k game since 2k7.

If you play on harder difficulty, all player will be out of energy through out quarters. Thats when you start substitute role players.

RoseCity07
10-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Ok let me put it this way. At the end of the game I don't really notice the effect a player had on a game outside of offensive production.

I don't find myself saying that one player did things to affect the outcome of the game. Like change shots, get in the passing lanes, close out on shooters, get out on the break for open shots on the wing, play the pick and roll exceptionally well.

It's all about offense. All the other things that happen in a real NBA game, you don't really see. It sticks out with the role players. It's like, drive and kick all game to an open shooter all game.

Bladers
10-02-2010, 01:31 AM

Too bad that I can, I play online all the time and I haven't been banned yet.
I also play MW2 online all the time.

1987_Lakers
10-02-2010, 01:33 AM
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1629/1tmje.jpg

RoseCity07
10-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Too bad that I can, I play online all the time and I haven't been banned yet.
I also play MW2 online all the time.

Yeah, and a lot of Halo Reach players who had modded xboxs got banned after a while of getting to play online. It's only a matter of time. Plus I bet you're lying.

Rican_Havok
10-02-2010, 01:45 AM
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1629/1tmje.jpg

Is this real? if so, LOL. Nice subtle stab at nba live's glitchiness

Bladers
10-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Yeah, and a lot of Halo Reach players who had modded xboxs got banned after a while of getting to play online. It's only a matter of time. Plus I bet you're lying.

Nope, not lying.
If you have xbox then we can play when you get your lame 'official' version.

no pun intended
10-02-2010, 02:02 AM
Nope, not lying.
You're lame ;D

Younggrease
10-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Nope, not lying.

Its really be lame to actually have the money to purchase things.

Bladers
10-02-2010, 02:08 AM
Its really be lame to actually have the money to purchase things.

Why purchase them when you don't have to?

I'm not blaming your, but look how miserable you guys are?
You are waiting for an upcoming date..
while I have been playing the game for weeks now.

I'm already getting tired of it... How sad is that?

RoseCity07
10-02-2010, 02:09 AM
lol, I'm going to go burn a CD with all the music I downloaded, and then laugh at the people who paid 15 dollars for a CD. LOL they're so poor...11111111

Younggrease
10-02-2010, 02:10 AM

You are waiting for a upcoming date..
and I have been playing the game for weeks now.

my friends would think I was a poor if I had a bunch of bootleg games.

no pun intended
10-02-2010, 02:10 AM

Why you gots to be rubbing it in -_-

Bladers
10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
my friends would think I was a poor if I had a bunch of bootleg games.

not if they came to your room and saw this:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/Bladerskb/IMG_0332.jpg

That is what I'm working with...:D

Maniak
10-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Why do people camp out when such a thing as preordering exists?

RoseCity07
10-02-2010, 02:35 AM

This is what I play my games on. Little less clutter.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/8dbf8b5a.jpg

You lose.

B-Low
10-02-2010, 02:36 AM

You have a computer???? :eek:

Maniak
10-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Why are you on hackforums?

AtomSmasher
10-02-2010, 02:42 AM
I thought Bladers was a devout Man of God? Shame on you for stealing.:rolleyes: Anyway, I'm definitely picking this up for my PC.

NBA 2K11 is a love letter to basketball fans. If you don't follow hoops, a lot of the subtleties will be lost on you. And if you are looking for a loose, fun, crazy dunkfest experience like NBA Jam, you're going to get hosed. But if you are serious about basketball, this will fill a long-standing void in your hoops-loving heart. This is the NBA. No one else has come close to representing it in such great and accurate detail as this.

Honestly, the stuff with Michael Jordan is reason enough to pick up NBA 2K11. The fact that 2K Sports did so much more with this game and improved it so greatly over last year's title is stunning. This isn't just the best basketball game ever; it's the best sports game of this generation.

Bladers
10-02-2010, 02:48 AM
This is what I play my games on. Little less clutter.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/DA14Life87/8dbf8b5a.jpg

You lose.

Wow you have a cool TV...
Guess what? Every one has a cool TV...
So do I, and three "out of the world" laptops to go with it...:bowdown:

EDIT: My TV is actually bigger!

Bladers
10-02-2010, 02:49 AM
I thought Bladers was a devout Man of God? Shame on you for stealing.:rolleyes: Anyway, I'm definitely picking this up for my PC.

Actually I don't do the downloading and burning, my bro does it.
All I do is play it, so his blood is on his own hands not mine...:banana:

ILLsmak
10-02-2010, 03:10 AM
This is exatly what I'm saying about sports games. Especially basketball games. No way you can perfect the AI of 10 basketball players. The spacing of one team is just as crappy as the next. Length means nothing in NBA sports games.

Steve Nash can block Garnetts jump hook if you time it right. Sports games have light years of work to do.

Yeah, and as much as they can say "Well, they haven't tested that part of the game yet..." there is NO mention of the online modes. These days, online makes a game, especially sports, IMO. It's so easy to own the computer and it gets old.

I think they need to put a lot more time into a game before they can rate it, anyway.

I really thought NBA Live 10 was one of the best games to play online, but offline it was awful. Even if you go back to college hoops 2k8 which is/was the best offline game due to depth, it still didn't have amazing online and it wasn't a 9.5 overall.

Dude is getting way too hyped by Jordan. I haven't played the full version of 2k, but I'd say it's a pretty weak game overall. 2k did something in 2k9 after not selling well in 2k8 (which was a solid game) that was just funky.

And about the spacing, yeah, the spacing is bad, but what makes it worse is players are in constant poorly thought out motion and they tend to bring the defense right to you or where you want to go.

To summarize, those two games I mentioned... NBA Live 10 gets maybe a 7.5 (you just gotta accept the flaws after awhile to enjoy it) and college hoops 2k8 gets maybe an 8 (you just gotta accept that the computer is stupid and make house rules.)

-Smak

Nobler
10-02-2010, 04:23 AM

Bladers man you are dick **** tard one upper. That is all. Thank you

Younggrease
10-02-2010, 09:33 AM

They would just think Im retarded if I had three working laptops.

step_back
10-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Ha and only the other day you were telling members of ISH that they would go to hell for not believing in God and yet you won't butt and eyelid for stealing thousands in piracy. Ohhh what a hypocrite you are!

soadrules
10-02-2010, 11:06 AM

Too bad your 'out of the world' laptop is still running Vista.

Rose: I have the same TV stand as you. I remember putting it together...fun times.

BlazersDozen
10-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I already have this on hold when it comes out Tuesday :D

Andrei89
10-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Sad how you guys talk about cool TV's and laptops while others get laid

OnceInADECADE
10-02-2010, 06:31 PM

:pimp: :pimp:

RoseCity07
10-02-2010, 07:40 PM

k..

Bladers
10-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Ha and only the other day you were telling members of ISH that they would go to hell for not believing in God and yet you won't butt and eyelid for stealing thousands in piracy. Ohhh what a hypocrite you are!

First of all its not sealing.
Second of all, I'm not a hypocrite.
At last, people go to hell only because they reject Jesus Christ who is the savior of the world.

Peteballa
10-02-2010, 08:21 PM
At last, people go to hell only because they reject Jesus Christ who is the savior of the world.

Hahahahahaha you are such a ****ing tool.

Bladers
10-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Hahahahahaha you are such a ****ing tool.

Ephesians 4:29
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth"

niko
10-02-2010, 08:28 PM

no you made it clear you don't steal, you only willingly use the stolen items. Because apparently your god isn't all knowing enough to understand the semantics.

MORON. Jesus Christ better be the son of god if he needs to save your dumb ass.

niko

Austin 3:16 said i just kicked your ass!

That's the only bible verse i know.He might be paraprhasing though.

New York Knicks

Let's not act like you actually pay for anything, kid. Your parents pay for it.

Bladers
10-02-2010, 08:35 PM
no you made it clear you don't steal, you only willingly use the stolen items. Because apparently your god isn't all knowing enough to understand the semantics.

MORON. Jesus Christ better be the son of god if he needs to save your dumb ass.

Why are you all bent out of shape?
First of all, its not a stolen item, its a copy.
Second of all, Anything on the internet is fair play, its the internet..

Bladers
10-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Let's not act like you actually pay for anything, kid. Your parents pay for it.

Trust me, my parents didn't pay a dime for any of that. :no:

Peteballa
10-02-2010, 09:07 PM

I love when religious nuts try to prove that an Atheist is evil / wrong by providing a Bible verse. Gets me every time.
:milton

Bladers
10-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I love when religious nuts try to prove that an Atheist is evil / wrong by providing a Bible verse. Gets me every time.
:milton

Don't worry no one is perfect, only God.
But God calleth all men to repent, because he has set a date to judge the world through Jesus.
There is life after this life.
Death is only the beginning.

I just want you to think about it.

strifed169
10-02-2010, 09:30 PM
tf is going on in here

Peteballa
10-02-2010, 09:31 PM
tf is going on in here

NBA 2k11 review turned into religion debate.

ISH = Where Amazing Happens

Quata
10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Bladers is already going to hell as he worships another man like a god (kobe).

B-Low
10-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Bladers is already going to hell as he worships another man like a god (kobe).

That and God uses the rep system. If you die with red rep you automatically go to hell.

Ghettobird
10-02-2010, 10:16 PM
game looks soooo sick

LA KB24
10-02-2010, 11:53 PM

EDIT: My TV is actually bigger! You are a f*cking f@ggot. :lol

OmniStrife
10-03-2010, 07:52 AM
Who's this God fool ya'll all talking about?? What's his PER%?!?

nashisbest
10-03-2010, 09:40 AM
the players' reaction and moves are sometimes non-realistic..

u have bigZ doing some crazyass athletic moves near the post
nash trash-talking
chalmers dunking?!

Kombo
10-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Just watched Day 7 by DaCzar on the Piston's team play. Looks pretty sick, except it still seems you can't buy a jumpshot to save your life... or maybe it's just because we suck.

niko
10-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Why are you all bent out of shape?
First of all, its not a stolen item, its a copy.
Second of all, Anything on the internet is fair play, its the internet..

you can't scold people about god at the same time you brag you steal. i mean you can, but you're a douchebag hyprocrite if you do.

people who scold other people about god annoy me.

Bladers
10-03-2010, 10:52 PM
you can't scold people about god at the same time you brag you steal. i mean you can, but you're a douchebag hyprocrite if you do.

people who scold other people about god annoy me.

Tell me what I stole, that would be a starter.

branslowski
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Tell me what I stole, that would be a starter.

prob free gaming...IDK...

Micku
10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Well, today is the day of the supposedly one of the best NBA games, and one of the best sports games.

From the demo, I really like the defense, the ability to contest shots better, and the fact that you suffer from bad passing. It was easier to post up in comparison to NBA 2k10. No longer can you accidentally get into the post by the analog stick. I'm wondering if it is still tough to guard ppl online though. In 2k10, it was very hard to stay with your man.

I wonder if they borrow one of the feature from NBA live about the level of the crowd excitement. Like you adjust the crowd excitement level from playoffs level or regular season. I thought that was a very cool feature.

1~Gibson~1
10-05-2010, 06:32 PM
the players' reaction and moves are sometimes non-realistic..

u have bigZ doing some crazyass athletic moves near the post
nash trash-talking
chalmers dunking?!
agreed, i kinda love it when bigZ would unexpectedly pull off a poster over XXX, but at the same time i'd like for the game to be as realistic as possible.

PistonsFan#21
10-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Just played the game and it was good but definately waaayyyyyy overhyped.