PDA

View Full Version : Hassan Whiteside Adds 30lbs of Muscle

Rowe
10-04-2010, 06:44 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/hassan-whiteside-is-now-much-bigger.php

Sounds like the Kings have gotten themselves a guy who is dedicated to putting weight on. 25-30lbs of muscle is pretty impressive since Summer League. Kings must have a great strength & conditioning coach.

Before(June):
http://pix.kingsconnect.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Pix_HassanDeMarcus41.jpg

Present(September):
http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2010070900001707.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C3w9RSzIgw

Looks like they're trying to build him up physically like the Magic did with Dwight.

Kings have an excellent future.

Skep
10-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I just wonder where all the playing time will go.

Cousins/Whiteside/Dalembert/Thompson

I was really high on whiteside. I thought he would be the one the Jazz would draft with that pick your organization so gracefully let us have. But during workouts he failed miserably at the interviews and seemed to have a low Bball IQ

He has a lot of potential but has a lot of work to do.

dr8ked
10-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Scary , this guy is a good scorer and AN AMAZING SHOT BLOCKER. I wanted dumars to draft him with that 2nd round pick. :( I'm sad now. They will be a beast team in the west. I would like to see them make the 8th spot for the playoffs.

lilWesleyJ4
10-04-2010, 06:48 PM
30 pounds in a couple months is impossible without steroids. Hell even with steroids you wouldnt gain 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months.

thejumpa
10-04-2010, 06:49 PM
25-30lbs pounds of muscle my ass. Dude is bigger but not that much bigger.

Anyway, I like Sacramentos squad. Lots of talent with Evans,Cousins, and this kid. I'm really looking forward to watching them.

dr8ked

I was really high on whiteside. I thought he would be the one the Jazz would draft with that pick your organization so gracefully let us have. But during workouts he failed miserably at the interviews and seemed to have a low Bball IQ

I'm suprised you said that, i watched his college games and his IQ is up there. It might have been the pressure of the draft that made him look that bad.

Rowe

Dont forget Landry, their starting PF.

I think they're going to try to ease Whiteside into Dalembert's role as a shotblocker at the 4 or 5. Then move Dalembert's expirer. He might go down to the NBDL, considering the Kings utilize Reno for their young guys.

Im glad you guys had that pick, at least you took a scrub like Hayward instead of taking some future All Star player.:oldlol:

Solid Snake
10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
100% impossible to add that much muscle mass in that time frame. It'd take you 1-2 years to do that without steroids.

MayCeltics
In one summer, Impressive!

But does he have any skills? Athleticism can only take so far, ask Dwight 20/13

Willkill24
http://cornerstonegroup.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/syringe.jpg

kkling
10-04-2010, 06:53 PM
****ing impossible to add that much muscle in a couple of months.

Rowe
30 pounds in a couple months is impossible without steroids. Hell even with steroids you wouldnt gain 30 pounds of muscle in a couple months.

Not at all. Look at his frail frame, its much easier to put on muscle when you're a skinny guy like that. There was no muscle there whatsoever, all he needed was to spend 3-4 months in the weight room under guidance from their S&T coach.

Its harder for skinny guys like that to gain weight(fat) than to gain muscle.

Skep
Dont forget Landry, their starting PF.

I think they're going to try to ease Whiteside into Dalembert's role as a shotblocker at the 4 or 5. Then move Dalembert's expirer. He might go down to the NBDL, considering the Kings utilize Reno for their young guys.

Im glad you guys had that pick, at least you took a scrub like Hayward instead of taking some future All Star player.:oldlol:

At first I hated the pick. I wanted to fire KOC, I thought they shouldve gone with Paul George because he has more upside. But during Summer League/Training Camp he has shown he has a great Bball IQ and his shooting is great. I can see him being a great Roleplayer for the Jazz. Also he kinda fits the mold of this guy:
vvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://www.totalfoot3.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/larry-bird-action11.jpg

Not saying he will amount to anything thats comparable to Larry, but they are the same body type/height. And both are from Indiana.

Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Rowe
10-04-2010, 06:55 PM
100% impossible to add that much muscle mass in that time frame. It'd take you 1-2 years to do that without steroids.

1. Its not impossible.

2. "It'd take you......" Key word right there. You're not a professional player. Neither are any of us really.

Rowe
10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
At first I hated the pick. I wanted to fire KOC, I thought they shouldve gone with Paul George because he has more upside. But during Summer League/Training Camp he has shown he has a great Bball IQ and his shooting is great. I can see him being a great Roleplayer for the Jazz. Also he kinda fits the mold of this guy:
vvvvvvvvvvvvv

http://www.totalfoot3.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/larry-bird-action11.jpg

Not saying he will amount to anything thats comparable to Larry, but they are the same body type/height. And both are from Indiana.

Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.

As a Knick fan, of course I'm not rooting for him now. But pre-draft, I definetly thought he could find himself a role if he works on becoming a better catch & shoot type of guy, and if his handle could translate to the NBA game.

Hopefully for our sake he doesn't become anything like Bird and nobody will remember that we gave you that pick, just like Tyrus Thomas. :(

MeLO MvP 15
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Even with Steroids I don't think you can add 30 lbs of muscle in like 4 months... I'm not gonna lie though, if he continues to fill out, he could easily be a really good player... he'll probably be like Javale McGee and be a project for 2 years then he should be really good... I was literally shouting at my TV when I saw him fall to the 2nd round and Denver not pick him up... he would've been a great addition to Denver and probably could've been boughten.. I think he'll be a free agent in 2-3 years, so he might get some $

50inchvertical
10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Semantics. Why do you guys argue this every time. He gained 30lbs without a change to his bodyfat %. Was all 30lbs gained muscle? Of course not. Some was increased bone mass/density, some water, some fat, etc.

Impossible #'s, but if you weighed 100lbs and were 10% bodyfat (which would equal 10lbs), people would say you were 90lbs of lean mass. Then, you increased to 140 with 14lbs of fat. Your body composition remained the same, but your lean mass went up 36lbs from 90 to 126, your fat went up from 10lbs to 14lbs so a 4lb increase, but all in all since your %s stayed the same people would say you put on 40lbs of muscle since you went from 100 and 10&bf to 140 w 10% bf. Technically incorrect, sure, but that's how it is. Nobody is going to water weigh you and use laser technology to get exact %s of water, bone, muscle, and fat for the simple purposes of a general weigh in.

Hell, most people who use all that creatine are also holding a lot of water, then they go off it and lose 10lbs really fast and think they're getting weaker but they're just pushing out all the water their body was retaining so their physique actually ends up looking better with no change in muscle or fat needed.

creepingdeath
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Semantics. Why do you guys argue this every time. He gained 30lbs without a change to his bodyfat %. Was all 30lbs gained muscle? Of course not. Some was increased bone mass/density, some water, some fat, etc.

Impossible #'s, but if you weighed 100lbs and were 10% bodyfat (which would equal 10lbs), people would say you were 90lbs of lean mass. Then, you increased to 140 with 14lbs of fat. Your body composition remained the same, but your lean mass went up 36lbs from 90 to 126, your fat went up from 10lbs to 14lbs so a 4lb increase, but all in all since your %s stayed the same people would say you put on 40lbs of muscle since you went from 100 and 10&bf to 140 w 10% bf. Technically incorrect, sure, but that's how it is. Nobody is going to water weigh you and use laser technology to get exact %s of water, bone, muscle, and fat for the simple purposes of a general weigh in.

Only people who have no idea about the matter. :confusedshrug: 30lbs of muscle gain is not possible in a few months for a professional athlete w/o doing roids. Maybe 10 of those 30lbs are lean muscle mass, at best, if the guy hadn't had a beefy frame. Rest would be mostly water and a bit fat tissue. But I guess that the numbers are made up, anyway. A higher number strikes the audience, it's just a media thing, I guess.

DuMa
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
i really like this kid. great prospect. kings are loaded at the 4/5 positions for the next 3-4 years. Javale McGee comparisons are spot on

Omar_Little
10-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Not at all. Look at his frail frame, its much easier to put on muscle when you're a skinny guy like that. There was no muscle there whatsoever, all he needed was to spend 3-4 months in the weight room under guidance from their S&T coach.

Its harder for skinny guys like that to gain weight(fat) than to gain muscle.
No, it's literally impossible. For anyone. Do you understand how much 30 pounds of lean mass is? 100% impossible.

Willkill24
10-04-2010, 07:41 PM
impossible

iDunk
10-04-2010, 08:04 PM
:wtf:

How?

Swaggin916
10-04-2010, 08:09 PM

Lean muscle? You are right. He probably added some fat as well that isn't showing much cus he was soooo skinny before. One can add quite a bit of muscle though in a short period of time when they haven't worked out before... and I think it was apparent that Whiteside hadn't lifted too many weights in his life. a good % could be water weight too if he is taking Creatine (which he most likely is).

He looks like a mini Dwight Howard now (actually taller but obv. not as big.)... he has a very similar body type with the ridiculously broad shoulders. He is even wearing Dwight's shirt :lol

LA KB24
10-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I will finally have a season to look forward to w/ the Kings.

Got my tix to the Kings-Heat game. :D :pimp:

Swaggin916
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
I will finally have a season to look forward to w/ the Kings.

Got my tix to the Kings-Heat game. :D :pimp:

Where you live in Sac man?

LA KB24
10-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Where you live in Sac man?
Antelope.

Swaggin916
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Nice. Not a lot of guys from Sac on message boards so I'm always curious ha. (I live in Granite Bay and Rancho Cordova btw).

coin24
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
It is possible to do in 3-4 months..

You cant compare it to your average working person either.. This guy would be at the gym everyday with awesome trainers, all the right foods etc..

I love how people just jump to steroids conclusion all the time.. Without proper food/rest/lifting they wont do shit...

Obviously the numbers would be exagerated a bit, even if it is a bit more fat etc, still a massive improvement! 30 pounds is about 14 kilograms, which i have seen done a few times over the space of 4 months..
I love peoples opinions about training that have never been to a gym :facepalm :facepalm

thejumpa
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
It is possible to do in 3-4 months..

You cant compare it to your average working person either.. This guy would be at the gym everyday with awesome trainers, all the right foods etc..

I love how people just jump to steroids conclusion all the time.. Without proper food/rest/lifting they wont do shit...

Obviously the numbers would be exagerated a bit, even if it is a bit more fat etc, still a massive improvement! 30 pounds is about 14 kilograms, which i have seen done a few times over the space of 4 months..
I love peoples opinions about training that have never been to a gym :facepalm :facepalm

I've never seen or heard of anyone gaining 30 pounds of muscle in 4 months without the aid of a PED. Never. I don't doubt he gained 30 pounds in 4 months, but I doubt it's all muscle. It's not realistic to think he used steroids but something is wrong about the story. He's most likely close to 30 pounds heavier but also added a significant amount of fat. No big deal...

BTW Plenty of people have the time, focus, genes, and resources to lift like an NBA player can. They still don't put on that much muscle. It's just unheard of.

Rowe
10-05-2010, 12:41 AM
I've never seen or heard of anyone gaining 30 pounds of muscle in 4 months without the aid of a PED. Never. I don't doubt he gained 30 pounds in 4 months, but I doubt it's all muscle. It's not realistic to think he used steroids but something is wrong about the story. He's most likely close to 30 pounds heavier but also added a significant amount of fat. No big deal...

BTW Plenty of people have the time, focus, genes, and resources to lift like an NBA player can. They still don't put on that much muscle. It's just unheard of.

Very simple. No they dont.

There aren't plenty of people who are 6'11, have a 7'7 wingspan, and have a max vert of 31'.

NuggetsFan
10-05-2010, 12:43 AM
I like what the Kings have upfront. Whiteside\Cousins has some nice potential. I'm guessing Whiteside won't see a ton of minutes right away tho looks pretty raw. 30lbs of muscle can't hurt.

Rowe
10-05-2010, 12:48 AM
I like what the Kings have upfront. Whiteside\Cousins has some nice potential. I'm guessing Whiteside won't see a ton of minutes right away tho looks pretty raw. 30lbs of muscle can't hurt.

Probably not. I think they should send him to Reno to develop and get playing time.

RoseCity07
10-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Every year these threads pop up. It's such a lie. They said Aldridge added 20 pounds of muscle. When really 1-2 pounds is muscle 18 fat. He's even saying how much weight he is dropping in camp. That's because you don't burn muscle, you burn fat.

NuggetsFan
10-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Probably not. I think they should send him to Reno to develop and get playing time.

Probably. He has some potential as a shotblocker\rebounder. Great length and he's athletic for a 7 footer.

thejumpa
10-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Very simple. No they dont.

There aren't plenty of people who are 6'11, have a 7'7 wingspan, and have a max vert of 31'.

lol just because you are 6'11, have a 7'7 wingspan, and have an amazing vert of 31" doesn't mean that you will be able to put on 30 pounds of muscle in 4 months. I don't think you understand the fact that it's almost impossible to do something like that. Being tall and long doesn't necessary improve your chances.

RoseCity07 hit it on the head. These claims are complete BS.

GOBB
10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
You mean he gained weight? Ok. Damn sure didnt add 30lbs of muscle without juicing.

ZenMaster
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Only people who have no idea about the matter. :confusedshrug: 30lbs of muscle gain is not possible in a few months for a professional athlete w/o doing roids. Maybe 10 of those 30lbs are lean muscle mass, at best, if the guy hadn't had a beefy frame. Rest would be mostly water and a bit fat tissue. But I guess that the numbers are made up, anyway. A higher number strikes the audience, it's just a media thing, I guess.

So if it's possible without steroids, how much do you think he could have gained with steroids?

MMKM
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM

God, sooo ridiculous how many people say that. Couldn't be more wrong. There is no set timetable for how fast someone can add X pounds of muscle. It all depends mostly on muscle fiber type, and on how many muscle cells a person has in their body to begin with, which varies IMMENSELY. Think about it: if you have twice as many muscle cells as someone else, when those cells grow, you will get twice the growth rate. And my guess is, seven foot Hassan Whiteside has a hell of a lot more muscle cells than whoever wrote the post above. It's totally possible without steroids.

Point Blank
10-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice. Ed Davis needs to call him up.

Ghettobird
10-05-2010, 10:31 PM
very nice, kids got potential

GOBB
10-05-2010, 11:01 PM
God, sooo ridiculous how many people say that. Couldn't be more wrong. There is no set timetable for how fast someone can add X pounds of muscle. It all depends mostly on muscle fiber type, and on how many muscle cells a person has in their body to begin with, which varies IMMENSELY. Think about it: if you have twice as many muscle cells as someone else, when those cells grow, you will get twice the growth rate. And my guess is, seven foot Hassan Whiteside has a hell of a lot more muscle cells than whoever wrote the post above. It's totally possible without steroids.

He gained 30lbs. Thats possible. But 30lbs of muscle in that given time frame is not possible. If you can prove its possible by all means educate and enlighten us here.

bk33
10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I remember when nikoloz tskitishvili gained 30lbs, didn't help him all that much, shoulda spent the time honing his skills instead.

GOBB
10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I remember when nikoloz tskitishvili gained 30lbs, didn't help him all that much, shoulda spent the time honing his skills instead.

It was a must for Hassan Whiteside given the position he plays. Since he'll be rebounding and playing defense (his strength). He needs to add to that lanky frame of his or else he'd get owned. The same on the offensive end trying to get position and what not. Wasnt Skita more of a Forward who was perimeter oriented anyway? Hassan will still have to develop his skills no doubt. But the added weight will help him.

MMKM
10-06-2010, 12:41 AM
He gained 30lbs. Thats possible. But 30lbs of muscle in that given time frame is not possible. If you can prove its possible by all means educate and enlighten us here.

Here is a hypothetical situation:

Person A: 5 foot 6, 130 lbs
Person B: Shaq: 7 foot 1, 330 lbs

Assuming both have the average of 40% of their body weight being skeletal muscle, (which is inaccurate, Shaq would be higher than 40% muscle) this would mean that Person A has 52 lbs of muscle. Person B has 132 lbs of muscle (or more, to be truthful). Assuming that 3 months of training would increase cellular volume by 20% for each athlete, which is realistic, person A would then be adding 10.4 lbs over 3 months. Sounds possible right? Well, person B would be adding 26.2 lbs of muscle, which would be proportional for his body size. So in the simplest terms possible, without factoring in differences in hormonal responses to stimuli, differences in starting muscle mass relative to overall body mass, differences in growth rates of fiber types, it is very obvious that a giant will add more total muscle mass than a normal person as a result of training.

MMKM
10-06-2010, 12:55 AM
But on a side note, it looks like Sacto is putting together a pretty beast ass squad! Maybe they will be a successful version 2.0 of Curry and Chandler's Bulls.

Rowe
10-06-2010, 12:59 AM
Here is a hypothetical situation:

Person A: 5 foot 6, 130 lbs
Person B: Shaq: 7 foot 1, 330 lbs

Assuming both have the average of 40% of their body weight being skeletal muscle, (which is inaccurate, Shaq would be higher than 40% muscle) this would mean that Person A has 52 lbs of muscle. Person B has 132 lbs of muscle (or more, to be truthful). Assuming that 3 months of training would increase cellular volume by 20% for each athlete, which is realistic, person A would then be adding 10.4 lbs over 3 months. Sounds possible right? Well, person B would be adding 26.2 lbs of muscle, which would be proportional for his body size. So in the simplest terms possible, without factoring in differences in hormonal responses to stimuli, differences in starting muscle mass relative to overall body mass, differences in growth rates of fiber types, it is very obvious that a giant will add more total muscle mass than a normal person as a result of training.

Maybe its just 30lbs in general. But your analysis sounds pretty plausible and thats what I was thinking previously that a guy like him has a much better chance to gain muscle than your average guy who works out.

It just takes longer for his body to fill out, right? Dwight hit the weight room heavy after coming into the league, but it took until like year 3 or 4 for him to really fill out in terms of his build.

thejumpa
10-06-2010, 01:05 AM

While you're theory sounds right, you have to admit that 30lbs of muscle in 4 month sounds a little ridiculous. While it's obvious this guy has incredible genes, that doesn't mean he can put on gains like that. I mean, there are people in gyms all across america with incredible genes/supps lifting 24/7 that don't put on muscle like that. Like GOBB said, the guy is most likely 30 pounds heavier but not all of it is muscle. IDK...just my 2 cents.

MMKM
10-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Maybe its just 30lbs in general. But your analysis sounds pretty plausible and thats what I was thinking previously that a guy like him has a much better chance to gain muscle than your average guy who works out.

It just takes longer for his body to fill out, right? Dwight hit the weight room heavy after coming into the league, but it took until like year 3 or 4 for him to really fill out in terms of his build.

Basically for tall people that happens because linear bone growth (height), and playing basketball every day, requires so much caloric energy. Once they stop growing up, caloric energy can be directed more toward increasing muscle mass.

But yeah, even without having to go into an in depth analysis of the human body, just look at someone like Hassan Whiteside. Is he normal? Of course not! If he gains weight at a faster rate than a normal size person, should we just assume he is on steroids? Or should we say, maybe his weight gain is proportional for his huge ass body? :oldlol:

NotYetGreat
10-06-2010, 01:09 AM
June to October. Gives you 4 months. 4 months is a lot of time to gain that. I don't really know why most of you guys are surprised. I gained 15 in 3 months from June to August just this year. Sure, it's half the amount, but still, he's got a pro training staff that I'm sure has seen people like him and know what to do and all the secrets (not steroids) to gaining mass.

jinsanity
10-06-2010, 03:03 AM
I doubt he gained 30lb of pure muscle, but I do believe that he gained 30lb with no major change in his body fat %. When bodybuiders measure fat, they don't do it by how many pounds of fat they have, but by %.

As someone said before, lets say Hassan was initially 230lb (don't know exact weight but I'm guessing?) with 10% body fat(so that's 23lb) bulked up to 260 lb, a 30lb increase but still 10% BF (26lb of fat). He would have gained 3lb of fat, but percentagewise, its the same.

Alot of weight I believe would be water retention from creatine. That stuff could have added 10lb of water due to retention.

So that's almost half the gain from water and fat. Working out also helps improve bone density. That's why doctors recommend the elderly to do some resistance training(along with consuming more calcium) to help avoid osteoperosis. Stronger bones would add some poundage as well.

GOBB
10-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Basically for tall people that happens because linear bone growth (height), and playing basketball every day, requires so much caloric energy. Once they stop growing up, caloric energy can be directed more toward increasing muscle mass.

But yeah, even without having to go into an in depth analysis of the human body, just look at someone like Hassan Whiteside. Is he normal? Of course not! If he gains weight at a faster rate than a normal size person, should we just assume he is on steroids? Or should we say, maybe his weight gain is proportional for his huge ass body? :oldlol:

I can believe weight gain. I just cant believe muscle growth to that degree. The article posted just mentioned his weight increasing. To me people get confused with weight gain and pure muscle growth. He can add 30lbs of muscle to his frame no question. But not in the short time period people think he has. We honestly dont know how much of it is muscle really.

MMKM
10-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I can believe weight gain. I just cant believe muscle growth to that degree. The article posted just mentioned his weight increasing. To me people get confused with weight gain and pure muscle growth. He can add 30lbs of muscle to his frame no question. But not in the short time period people think he has. We honestly dont know how much of it is muscle really.

Agreed. I think people are taking the "30 lbs of muscle" statement too literally. Generally when you hear claims like that, all it means is they gained 30 lbs while working out, it looks like lean weight, but there are no exact measurements to verify it. I would assume that the majority of it comes from volumizing his muscle cells with fluid, which increases strength but not to the same extent as protein synthesis. Like the last poster mentioned, creatine can add serious weight just by its ability to pump more fluid into the cell. Hassan Whiteside has a lot of cells to pump fluid into, he could add 15-20 lbs that way. Anyway, it seems believable that someone with his frame could add 30 lbs of "muscle," or at least what appears to be muscle, in that time frame without sounding the alarm for steroids.

Ghettobird
10-06-2010, 10:25 AM
good for whiteside, hope he does well

BigTicket
10-06-2010, 11:19 AM

Not impossible at all.

I knew a guy who went from 165 to 210 in about 3 months. Granted not all of that muscle, but at least half was. He was just a skinny guy who suddenly started working out constantly and eating a lot. He wasn't even that young, maybe 25 or so at the time.

KareemCambell
10-06-2010, 11:29 AM
if thie kid keeps it up and develops along with cousins they will have a legit frontcourt

kkling
10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Not impossible at all.

I knew a guy who went from 165 to 210 in about 3 months. Granted not all of that muscle, but at least half was. He was just a skinny guy who suddenly started working out constantly and eating a lot. He wasn't even that young, maybe 25 or so at the time.

:roll: Sorry, no way was half of that muscle, not even close. Some of you people need to read clinical studies on gaining muscle, because you are so far off it's hilarious.

BigTicket
10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
:roll: Sorry, no way was half of that muscle, not even close. Some of you people need to read clinical studies on gaining muscle, because you are so far off it's hilarious.

I don't need to read studies. I knew the man, and I trained with him.

kkling
10-06-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't need to read studies. I knew the man, and I trained with him.

I have been lifting for 15 years, and have read many clinical studies on this subject. You are full of shit.

BigTicket
10-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I have been lifting for 15 years, and have read many clinical studies on this subject. You are full of shit.

Oh noes, random guy on the internet doesn't believe me, what ever will I do :oldlol:

I think you're confusing normal changes with possible changes.

kkling
10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Oh noes, random guy on the internet doesn't believe me, what ever will I do :oldlol:

I think you're confusing normal changes with possible changes.

I think you're confusing muscle with water weight and fat.

If he gained even 1 pound of muscle in a week, that would be very good. most people gain .25 or .5 pounds of muscle in a week.

BigTicket
10-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I think you're confusing muscle with water weight and fat.

In that case the weights at the gym were confused too, because his strength went up tremendously.

After the 3 months though he seemed to plateau.