PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2k11: Jordan Challenge

1987_Lakers
10-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Is anyone else having difficulty in these jordan challenges. The only one I completed is the shootout with Dominique. I only scored 54 on the '86 Celtics. I scored 35 points & made 6 three pointers vs the Blazers in '92, but failed to contain Drexler under 20 points.

Rose
10-06-2010, 01:00 AM
I've done the first two, haven't tried the Nique one yet. Got both of the first two on the first try.

Go Getter
10-06-2010, 01:15 AM
I did the one where you have to score 47 on the Pistons....I figured it would be the easiest since there were no FG % requirements.

As a Bulls fan this Jordan mode is just impeccable.

I won't be touching another game for awhile.

Point Blank
10-06-2010, 01:15 AM
It's tough but I'm happy it is.

Lakerlove420
10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
did the first three on the first try.
they're challenging, but set goals.
If you need 69pts. (just think 70) half of 70 is 35. Half of 35 is 17.
You need 17 points a quarter. try to have 3 assists by the half.
If you drop 22 points in the first quarter then your already ahead of schedule.
re-assess at the end of quarters and know how many points you need.
you got it bro . .

gonna try at least another three today.

Rake2204
10-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Alright, here's my cop-out. I haven't changed the default difficulty since I bought the game. I'm assuming it's either on rookie or pro. Therefore, I've accomplished the first two challenges. My first feeling is, shouldn't I feel empty for beating this stuff on such an easy level? But somehow, it's just too freaking fun dominating with MJ, easy difficulty or not. An absolute blast.

I haven't tried to replay the ones I've already completed but I assume that you can (at least in exhibition). I plan on going back through them on a higher difficulty after I finish them the first time.

Lakerlove420
10-06-2010, 10:13 AM
it's on pro.
a step up from rookie

Rake2204
10-06-2010, 10:47 AM
it's on pro.
a step up from rookie
That's what I figured, and usually that's a notch below what I usually prefer, but again, too fun just steamrolling with MJ.

Lakerlove420
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
That's what I figured, and usually that's a notch below what I usually prefer, but again, too fun just steamrolling with MJ.

yeah. Pro is as high as I go for now.
I'm still new and it's really a perfect setting for me at this point.

KareemCambell
10-06-2010, 12:13 PM
this is gonna take a hile

GOBB
10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I failed 2 so far. Nique is a ball hog. Anyone noticed that or was it just me he was lookin to score each and every time he touched it? Crazy. There is also one where you gotta avg a certain amount of pts ast rb for a series? My buddy was telling me about it. I didnt scroll down to all 10. So much to do with 2k11. I havent played online, did Team Up or started a My Player yet. Heck not even an Association season.

I really wanna unlock all 10 challenges to get that MJ My Player mode!!! He's coming to Philly baby! :bowdown:

Rake2204
10-06-2010, 01:28 PM
I failed 2 so far. Nique is a ball hog. Anyone noticed that or was it just me he was lookin to score each and every time he touched it? Crazy. There is also one where you gotta avg a certain amount of pts ast rb for a series? My buddy was telling me about it. I didnt scroll down to all 10. So much to do with 2k11. I havent played online, did Team Up or started a My Player yet. Heck not even an Association season.

I really wanna unlock all 10 challenges to get that MJ My Player mode!!! He's coming to Philly baby! :bowdown:
Ha, yeah, one Jordan Challenge takes place over the entire 1991 NBA Finals against Los Angeles. Here's the task (good luck):

When: June 2 thru June 12, 1991 vs. Lakers
Goal 1: Average 31.0+ points
Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field
Goal 3: Average 11+ assists
Goal 4: Win the series

GOBB
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Ha, yeah, one Jordan Challenge takes place over the entire 1991 NBA Finals against Los Angeles. Here's the task (good luck):

You gotta put the setting on rookie. Geeze! :oldlol:

I like the difficulty on All Star so this challenge will be a challenge indeed.

Lakerlove420
10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
what setting is medium?

like easy, medium, and hard.

I want to be at medium. That's why I don't adjust it from the get go.
Just like shooter games. Default is medium on most things right.
Only reason I would move it up to hard would be if I were the bomb and it was like childs play and boring. But it's not normally on the setting it comes with. .

question for you guys.. for the most part does everybody here always move your settings up when you get a game.
(that could be a thread title I guess)

KG215
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM

That's going to be hard as hell to get done, which speaks for how truly great Jordan was, because he actually did it in real life. 31 ppg, 55% FG, and 11+ apg is just sick.

I finally attempted my first one and completed it with ease. I'm a 2K vet, but after reading first impressions and thoughts on the game on various sites, I was afraid if I jumped right in playing on All-Star I would have a very tough time completing any of the Jordan Challenges, especially with 8 minute quarters. I did the Pistons one 1st (47+ points, 4+ assists) and completed with with ease.

Jordan's line: 31/45, 70 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals

I got in a ridiculous groove with MJ in the fourth quarter and went off for 28 fourth quarter points and beat the Pistons soundly, 103-77. I didn't expect my first game on Pro to be that easy. Now I know better.

GOBB
10-06-2010, 03:14 PM
what setting is medium?

like easy, medium, and hard.

I want to be at medium. That's why I don't adjust it from the get go.
Just like shooter games. Default is medium on most things right.
Only reason I would move it up to hard would be if I were the bomb and it was like childs play and boring. But it's not normally on the setting it comes with. .

question for you guys.. for the most part does everybody here always move your settings up when you get a game.
(that could be a thread title I guess)

Yeah Pro would be medium. And I change my game settings at the menu screen and save it. That way when I get on next time they are saved and wont change back to the default.

Rose
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Just got the Nique challenge. Hardly let him have the ball I'd purposely leave someone else open once he got open so that way he'd pass it off. And when he got it far out I'd double team with MJ and Pip. It was a lot closer than it should have been because I slacked off for awhile. He got 18 on me. the Bad Boys one was pretty easy.

SinJackal
10-06-2010, 05:33 PM
That's going to be hard as hell to get done, which speaks for how truly great Jordan was, because he actually did it in real life. 31 ppg, 55% FG, and 11+ apg is just sick.

I finally attempted my first one and completed it with ease. I'm a 2K vet, but after reading first impressions and thoughts on the game on various sites, I was afraid if I jumped right in playing on All-Star I would have a very tough time completing any of the Jordan Challenges, especially with 8 minute quarters. I did the Pistons one 1st (47+ points, 4+ assists) and completed with with ease.

Jordan's line: 31/45, 70 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds, 4 steals

I got in a ridiculous groove with MJ in the fourth quarter and went off for 28 fourth quarter points and beat the Pistons soundly, 103-77. I didn't expect my first game on Pro to be that easy. Now I know better.

And to top it off, he won in just 5 games. Their one loss was a close 2 point game in game 1 where LA had double the FTAs. :lol

Jordan was a monster back then.

I'm about to get this game today, specifically because of Jordan.

Gotham's Finest
10-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I completed the Arrival(Against the Celtics) on the first try. Once I got to 63, I stopped shooting, didn't want to mess with the FG% :lol I didn't know how to balance everything at first though. Had 20 in the first, 32 by the half with only one assist. Entering the 4th I STILL only had 1 assist, and the other Bulls weren't hitting sh!t. Oakley missed about 5 up close layups. I had to foul intentionally just to extend the game, and get those assists. :lol

glidedrxlr22
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
On my first try passed the arrival. In OT 69 points, 8 assists, 54% shooting.

bdreason
10-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I feel like All-Star (simulation) is the medium settings. Not because I'm good, but because it's the middle difficulty... and nobody plays on rookie. Pro is essentially the easy level until you get good at the game, then set it on all-star. I'm still playing on Pro because I'm still learning the controls and gameplay.

oh and I've done the first 4 challenges. I'm going in order, and doing the Finals Series challenge next.

TryToBeUnbias
10-08-2010, 02:03 AM
I've completed the celtics 63 and 6 assist and the pistons 47 6+ assist.

I absolutely raped the pistons Jordans jumper is smooth as hell I can already tell im going to use his jumpshot on my player mode.

The celtics were a bit hard because of young MJ's lack of a real mid range game, but I still got the job done. Playing this gave me a somewhat of an idea of how it would be to face that celtic team and man do they pack the paint.

Burgz
10-08-2010, 03:35 PM
thats why it's called a challenge, its not supposed to be easy lol

Duncan21formvp
10-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Is anyone else having difficulty in these jordan challenges. The only one I completed is the shootout with Dominique. I only scored 54 on the '86 Celtics. I scored 35 points & made 6 three pointers vs the Blazers in '92, but failed to contain Drexler under 20 points.

Knocked all 10 of them out.

CJ Mustard
10-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Just got the game a few hours ago.

Knocked out the first 3 challenges easily.

I'm taking a break right now, I don't have it in me to go through an entire series.

kaktus14
10-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah young Jordan cant shoot at all, after completing Arrival I went for Double Nickel and difference is so obvious,I was hiting fadeaways right into Starks face,it was such a nice change:D

All star level is fine to play on,on Superstar winning against this teams is tricky to do,on offense they are machines,I'm glad you dont have to beat Celtics cause there is no freaking way to beat them with that Bulls team,Bird is unstoppable,and Parish and Mchale are just dominating everyone in the paint

bdreason
10-08-2010, 06:51 PM
I beat the first 4 challenges, and when I turned the game on to play today, they had been erased. I thought this shit autosaved? :mad:

SinJackal
10-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Just got the game today. Took me a few tries to get the first Jordan challenge done 'cause I was playing defense and my first game I had 65/5. Was one assist short, but won the game and got the Smothering trophy. Second try, same thing, won game but had 61/6.

And also. . .either the '86 Bulls are the worst passing team in NBA history, or the '86 Celtics have the best passing defense in NBA history, because frickin no ball is safe if you pass it anywhere near them. I had to like, walk people right up to Jordan in order to get him the ball safely like that scene from the Sandlot or something where Smalls walked the ball back to the pitcher since he threw like a girl. :\ Jordan's passes seemed to go through normally though.

Annoyed, I decided to just stop playing defense to increase my possessions, and uh, for some reason the Celtics played, and shot, much worse than usual, and I destroyed them on the glass as well, which is inexplicable. Anyway, Jordan statline: 87/8/8 on 73% shooting, 25 point blowout win. :confusedshrug: Victory.

It's fun though. It's also cool how you can unlock the different Jordan brand shoes and equip them to players to give them small stat boosts.

I beat the first 4 challenges, and when I turned the game on to play today, they had been erased. I thought this shit autosaved? :mad:

Arnold Schwarzenegger got into your game files.

Yeah young Jordan cant shoot at all, after completing Arrival I went for Double Nickel and difference is so obvious,I was hiting fadeaways right into Starks face,it was such a nice change:D

All star level is fine to play on,on Superstar winning against this teams is tricky to do,on offense they are machines,I'm glad you dont have to beat Celtics cause there is no freaking way to beat them with that Bulls team,Bird is unstoppable,and Parish and Mchale are just dominating everyone in the paint

I was banging jumpers all day with young MJ. You just can't shoot threes or expect to make long deuces. He was a close range dude, but his jumper was automatic within about 15 feet that year.

m y t i n
10-10-2010, 05:39 AM
Only did the arrival and I tried to do the Dominique Shootout one. Dominique was on 25 and with 6 seconds left he shot a frickin' 3 and I failed the challenge -.-
I can't believe he got to 28 points in the first place... all he did was dunk it the whole game.

Kebab Stall
10-10-2010, 08:07 AM
I've done the first two. The 63 against the Celts and 69 against the Cavs. I had to cheese all the way through. There's no way those challenges can be done by playing properly on only 8 minute quarters.

niko
10-10-2010, 08:55 AM
Just got the game today. Took me a few tries to get the first Jordan challenge done 'cause I was playing defense and my first game I had 65/5. Was one assist short, but won the game and got the Smothering trophy. Second try, same thing, won game but had 61/6.

And also. . .either the '86 Bulls are the worst passing team in NBA history, or the '86 Celtics have the best passing defense in NBA history, because frickin no ball is safe if you pass it anywhere near them. I had to like, walk people right up to Jordan in order to get him the ball safely like that scene from the Sandlot or something where Smalls walked the ball back to the pitcher since he threw like a girl. :\ Jordan's passes seemed to go through normally though.

Annoyed, I decided to just stop playing defense to increase my possessions, and uh, for some reason the Celtics played, and shot, much worse than usual, and I destroyed them on the glass as well, which is inexplicable. Anyway, Jordan statline: 87/8/8 on 73% shooting, 25 point blowout win. :confusedshrug: Victory.

It's fun though. It's also cool how you can unlock the different Jordan brand shoes and equip them to players to give them small stat boosts.

Arnold Schwarzenegger got into your game files.

I was banging jumpers all day with young MJ. You just can't shoot threes or expect to make long deuces. He was a close range dude, but his jumper was automatic within about 15 feet that year.

YOu get used to the passing defense. I don't get the ball stolen too much anymore unless i start getting carelss. No long outlets and if you pass cross court you need to see who is around. the thing about the defense now is its fun to play because the collision improved so much. it doesn't feel like you are just hoping when you try to steal passes, block shots, etc.

niko
10-10-2010, 08:57 AM
And i've done 3 challenges so far and im doing the Laker series now. Tied 1-1, i had 40-17 and LOST game 2. :rant Jordan went cold at the end (and got double teamed) and my teammates decided to pretend they forgot how to shoot. Obnxious.

Semi
10-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Well, was almost too easy with Jordan at the Arrival when I got it done. Needed three trys or so but finally got 85/9/2 at superstar. Wasn't very hard when I figured out how to get to the bucket with Jordan. Automatic Free Throws, And One or Dunk. Well, also won the Game in OT on a Jordan Gamewinner which was an uncharacteristic (for this game) jumper :oldlol:
Was fun but I'm not into this play with one guy gameplay. Will play a few other modes before I touch the Jordan Challenge again because next up are the 69 points against the Cavs. (In my description of the Challenge the write that Jordan plays for the Wizards. What the **** is that?! This Fail disturbs me!) Well again ballhogging with Jordan. Net a break from that and play "real" basketball.

TryToBeUnbias
10-10-2010, 11:56 PM
I just beat the lakers in a 4 game sweep first two games where nail bitters but I figured out their defense and killed them game 3 and 4

SinJackal
10-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm starting to get pissed off at the rule changes during some of these Jordan challenges. I'm doing the one vs the Lakers in the Finals, and so far I did the first two games, won both and have MJ well ahead of the pace I need him at to pass the challenge. . . BUT, the cheese factor of the Lakers is through the roof in this challenge. They get way too many offensive boards, they usually out ORB me by 4x as much, this last time it was 8-1, and I've been trying to get boards. . .

Plus they seem to have less lag after going for boards, less lag than my team does after losing the ball (they pick the ball back up almost right away after I poke it out, meanwhile they always get the ball if they poke it away from me).

They seem to have infinite stamina. Magic Johnson never sits down and never slows down, Worthy is almost always on the floor even if he has 5 fouls at the beginning of the 3rd quarter, and somehow is allowed to stay in the game even when he fouls out (that literally just happened, not joking).

Plus every time they force up a contested shot, they seem to have a far greater chance of making it than if I do. Actually, their accuracy with contested shots is about as much as mine are wide open.

I've just barely scraped by the first two games. . .the one just now I barely won 92-91, and they bricked a game winner attempt at the buzzer. :facepalm

I got outrebounded 33-22. . .and had to shoot over 60% for the whole game to win by a single point. :\ They also had 14 second chance points to my 0 (since they get offensive boards way too much).

Tall about a grueling challenge. Just winning the games I mean. The other challenges were a joke and blowout wins (besides the Celtics one). But this, jesus. Byron Scott plays like he's Wade, Worthy plays like he's Hakeem, and Magic plays like it was 6 years before the game even took place. :\

Anyway. . .I got the first two games done with Jordan averaging 46/5.5/17.

50/5/17 on 66% in Game 1, and 42/6/17 on 58% in game 2.

I'll probably set the point/assist parameter in Game 3 so I can just focus on winning game 4 and ignore the other parameters. Just need 32 points and 10 assists over the next two games (assuming I win both) to match the PPG/APG quota. Just gotta not chuck and drop the FG% below 55.

/end rant and wall of text. :P

I've done the first two. The 63 against the Celts and 69 against the Cavs. I had to cheese all the way through. There's no way those challenges can be done by playing properly on only 8 minute quarters.

They can, you just have to do specific things to make sure you pass them properly. It's best to use a second ballhandler (especially once you can start to use Pippen in the later challenges, he comes in HUGE in upping your assist totals and for assisting you on plays to score more easily) and have Jordan move without the ball then catch a pass in a more favorable position since you always get collapsed on and double/triple teamed any time you get the ball (this is what happened irl with him too).

Once you get Pippen, it should be easy to drop 50-60 points on 55-70% to go along with 10+ assists in every challenge. Well, when you have to do the L.A. one you probably won't get much over 50 since those games are extremely hard and they cheat hardcore.

YOu get used to the passing defense. I don't get the ball stolen too much anymore unless i start getting carelss. No long outlets and if you pass cross court you need to see who is around. the thing about the defense now is its fun to play because the collision improved so much. it doesn't feel like you are just hoping when you try to steal passes, block shots, etc.

You're right there, but it's like, when I pass along the perimeter it's like they have a sixth sense and lunge 5 feet toward the arc to intercept a bullet pass. It's like there's no way they could've done that w/o the AI just reacting to the button input and have an automatic countermeasure or something. My TOs are drastically reduced now because I get REALLY close before passing unless it's with MJ or Pipp' since they always panic and double/triple when they drive trying to contest.

I have np with the blocking or anything though. Just the insane pass defense that some of these classic teams have. It's just weird 'cause guys with low pass ability apparently always get their passes intercepted if anyone's even remotely close to the intended player. You gotta walk the ball up to them like Smalls. Maybe there's some special way to pass the ball better that I don't know though. That very well could be the case. :lol

And i've done 3 challenges so far and im doing the Laker series now. Tied 1-1, i had 40-17 and LOST game 2. :rant Jordan went cold at the end (and got double teamed) and my teammates decided to pretend they forgot how to shoot. Obnxious.

I feel your pain. Playing them makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. I almost just lost game 2 as well. Luckily they bricked a potential game winner. The funny this is, I had a 42/17 game 2. :lol Almost exact same stats you got. I guess the difference is that I got a fair amount of FTAs for a change (of course, the player who fouled out got to stay in the game).

Honestly, I've almost changed the game setting several times during the game out of spite because I knew it was bs, but I resisted and barely won. It's sure as hell stressful though. Pippen saved me w/ a monster game and great shooting.

SinJackal
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I just beat the lakers in a 4 game sweep first two games where nail bitters but I figured out their defense and killed them game 3 and 4

Tips? I'm taking a break from that grueling challenge for awhile, it'd be nice to know how to attack them more easily. Do you go to Grant more or something instead of mostly MJ/Pippen/whoever's playing PG?

Stacey King never makes a bucket when I pass to him so forget that. I've had decent success with Grant sometimes though.

The only things I've noticed that result in easy buckets are if you can have Pippen or MJ in the corner then dribble part of the team away with MJ then kick it to Pippen and he can charge right in and stuff it. That works in reverse too, though they obviously cheat towards MJ any time he doesn't have the ball and it gets infuriating. Pipp's pretty damn solid though. It's nice to run plays for MJ with him, and do cuts with him when MJ has the ball for easy assists.

PowerGlove
10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
I cannot beat the C's, I ended up with 61 points, 6 assists and 65% shooting on Superstar difficulty, simulation mode. I dont know how people are getting this done with such ease.

Rake2204
10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
I cannot beat the C's, I ended up with 61 points, 6 assists and 65% shooting on Superstar difficulty, simulation mode. I dont know how people are getting this done with such ease.
In my case, and many others, we're sticking on the default setting (pro). I'm usually an "All-Star" guy, and I plan on working my way back through the challenges on that level, but it's too fun dominating with MJ right now.

Also, for those struggling with completing even the easiest of passes, may I suggest practicing and mastering Icon Passing. I think this is R1 on the PS3, RB on the 360. The great thing about the icon passing is the ability to lead a player to an area of the floor. This way, he'll be on the move to an open area and not stationary. You can essentiallly make your teammates come to the ball (like they're supposed to) by holding the left analog toward whatever direction you want before you pass to them via icon.

Lakerlove420
10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
I've finished the first four. and I've tried the next three and stats were not that good 3 quarters into the game so I did not pass. The Lakers seem like they will be hard.. and I've tried the double-nickel 2 or 3 times. Just can't get it yet..
The last 3 challenges look kinda tough because of the rebounds. There is one where you have to get x number of steals but I don't think that will be a problem for me. .

Also, for those struggling with completing even the easiest of passes, may I suggest practicing and mastering Icon Passing. I think this is R1 on the PS3, RB on the 360. The great thing about the icon passing is the ability to lead a player to an area of the floor. This way, he'll be on the move to an open area and not stationary. You can essentiallly make your teammates come to the ball (like they're supposed to) by holding the direction pad toward whatever direction you want before you pass to them via icon.

I have been using the icons to pass like 65% of the time. But I do not know how to get the dudes to go where I want yet. The direction pad?? What if you want player x to cut left but he's not and it's player LT that's cutting for example. Tell me a little more about it . ...

PowerGlove
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
I have always used Icon passing, I never liked just pressing X because sometimes it would throw it to the wrong guy. I hate that.

Did they get rid of the quick plays? I know you can do quick post up and stuff like that, but what about choosing a specific player to post up/come off screens and stuff like that?

Lakerlove420
10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I have always used Icon passing, I never liked just pressing X because sometimes it would throw it to the wrong guy. I hate that.

Did they get rid of the quick plays? I know you can do quick post up and stuff like that, but what about choosing a specific player to post up/come off screens and stuff like that?

they still have the quick-plays thing'a'mi'jigger.
I normally use the quick pick and roll or the isolation one.

do you have the game yet?

-that's 1000 posts-

(that's reputable.. am I wrong?)

TryToBeUnbias
10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Tips? I'm taking a break from that grueling challenge for awhile, it'd be nice to know how to attack them more easily. Do you go to Grant more or something instead of mostly MJ/Pippen/whoever's playing PG?

Stacey King never makes a bucket when I pass to him so forget that. I've had decent success with Grant sometimes though.

The only things I've noticed that result in easy buckets are if you can have Pippen or MJ in the corner then dribble part of the team away with MJ then kick it to Pippen and he can charge right in and stuff it. That works in reverse too, though they obviously cheat towards MJ any time he doesn't have the ball and it gets infuriating. Pipp's pretty damn solid though. It's nice to run plays for MJ with him, and do cuts with him when MJ has the ball for easy assists.

I went to my coach setting and made who ever is guarding Worth play him tight on and off ball because that guy is unstoppable on that game. Same with magic. I use armstrong as my primary PG his jumpshot is easier imo to use and helps get me easy assist along with 3 point shooting when they double MJ. I normally start the game out aggressive and try to get like 15-18 points in the first quarter the defense will start to sag off there men and you'll get semi open shots with pippen,grant, etc.

Guarding magic is pretty much not an option let the cpu do it and when the cpu post up one of your big men they will miss more often when you press Y to contest the shot rather than letting the cpu do it automatically.

Getting by scott was easier games 3 and 4 for me im not sure why I just assumed I figured out how he defended me.

Lakerlove420
10-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I went to my coach setting and made who ever is guarding Worth play him tight on and off ball because that guy is unstoppable on that game. Same with magic. I use armstrong as my primary PG his jumpshot is easier imo to use and helps get me easy assist along with 3 point shooting when they double MJ. I normally start the game out aggressive and try to get like 15-18 points in the first quarter the defense will start to sag off there men and you'll get semi open shots with pippen,grant, etc.

Guarding magic is pretty much not an option let the cpu do it and when the cpu post up one of your big men they will miss more often when you press Y to contest the shot rather than letting the cpu do it automatically.

Getting by scott was easier games 3 and 4 for me im not sure why I just assumed I figured out how he defended me.

I didn't know you could do that . ..

TryToBeUnbias
10-11-2010, 03:49 PM
I didn't know you could do that . ..
yea you can it I remember just pausing the game during game 2 of the finals like **** this there has to be adjustments (worthy had like 24 13-17) cuz that fu*cker was not missing it helped slightly plus Ive gotten better at defending on ball myself.

TryToBeUnbias
10-11-2010, 03:50 PM
stoping the human highlight reel from getting 25 points ? just double team his ass nonestop and make sure you keep the lead.

Note : he still had 24 points ...

Lakerlove420
10-11-2010, 03:55 PM
yea you can it I remember just pausing the game during game 2 of the finals like **** this there has to be adjustments (worthy had like 24 13-17) cuz that fu*cker was not missing it helped slightly plus Ive gotten better at defending on ball myself.

in the coach settings?
where?

KG215
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Talk about cutting it close. Just did "The Arrival" and had to hit a fadeaway jumper at the buzzer to get the 63+ points. I had the game in hand (won 102-88) but couldn't get thel ast shot to fall to get to 63+ points.

Finished with...64 pts, 10 reb, 8 asts, 2 stl, 32/49 FG

Here's something that wouldn't ever happen in real life. I take the ball to the hole all game long and shoot a total of zero free throws. How many times in his career did Jordan go to the free throw line zero times in a game?

Bush4Ever
10-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Just did the Bad Boy challenge. Jordan seems overpowered to me, but that's cool. For some reason James Edwards lit me up. He had like 30 and 10.

It's fun to play with Jordan and Not "Bulls 23" or some such thing.

Qwyjibo
10-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Just did the Bad Boy challenge. Jordan seems overpowered to me, but that's cool. For some reason James Edwards lit me up. He had like 30 and 10.
Same. Completing the challenge was really easy but Edwards ripped me a new one.

chazzy
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Same. Completing the challenge was really easy but Edwards ripped me a new one.

+2 :oldlol:

SinJackal
10-11-2010, 11:05 PM
In my case, and many others, we're sticking on the default setting (pro). I'm usually an "All-Star" guy, and I plan on working my way back through the challenges on that level, but it's too fun dominating with MJ right now.

Also, for those struggling with completing even the easiest of passes, may I suggest practicing and mastering Icon Passing. I think this is R1 on the PS3, RB on the 360. The great thing about the icon passing is the ability to lead a player to an area of the floor. This way, he'll be on the move to an open area and not stationary. You can essentiallly make your teammates come to the ball (like they're supposed to) by holding the direction pad toward whatever direction you want before you pass to them via icon.

Nice, I didn't know that about the d-pad thing with passing. That's going to make it a lot less irritating to pass now. I usually only get 2-5 TOs per game now, but with pass leading my offense should run more smoothly. ^_^ Thanks!

stoping the human highlight reel from getting 25 points ? just double team his ass nonestop and make sure you keep the lead.

Note : he still had 24 points ...

Yeah, I did the same thing. He had 22 by the end but was chucking 3s near the end of the game trying to make me fail. :facepalm

The Shrug challenge is gonna be much harder though.

Lakerlove420
10-12-2010, 09:16 AM
I've got 5 done. The first 4 and the double nickel.

I still got...
91' Finals
The Shrug
2 that need rebounds and the last one where you need 4 steals (bottom 3)

I feel like the 5 toughest ones are the ones I still have left..

I can't wait

Rake2204
10-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Nice, I didn't know that about the d-pad thing with passing. That's going to make it a lot less irritating to pass now. I usually only get 2-5 TOs per game now, but with pass leading my offense should run more smoothly. ^_^ Thanks!

Shoot, I said direction pad but what I meant was "left analog". When you call up a pass icon (by pressing R1 or RB), you then use the left analog stick to get the corresponding player to move in the direction you want them to go.

I have been using the icons to pass like 65% of the time. But I do not know how to get the dudes to go where I want yet. The direction pad?? What if you want player x to cut left but he's not and it's player LT that's cutting for example. Tell me a little more about it . ...
Once again, I apologize. I don't know why I said direction pad. I was referring to the left analog stick. Essentially, if my shooting guard is spotting up in the corner (standing still), but I want him to come to my pass (toward half court), I'd:

1) Press R1 to bring up the pass icons
2) Notice my shooting guard had the "B" or "Circle" icon above his head
3) Just prior to passing to my SG, or as I pass to my SG, I'd press the left analog stick toward my desired direction (in this case toward half court)
4) The shooting guard should then move toward the location given by the left analog stick as he receives the ball

The practice mode in 2K11 is a good spot to get all this stuff figured out.

LBJ_MVP09
10-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Trying to hold Drexler under 20 has been the only real challenge i've had.

Lakerlove420
10-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Shoot, I said direction pad but what I meant was "left analog". When you call up a pass icon (by pressing R1 or RB), you then use the left analog stick to get the corresponding player to move in the direction you want them to go.

Once again, I apologize. I don't know why I said direction pad. I was referring to the left analog stick. Essentially, if my shooting guard is spotting up in the corner (standing still), but I want him to come to my pass (toward half court), I'd:

3) Just prior to passing to my SG, or as I pass to my SG, I'd press the left analog stick toward my desired direction (in this case toward half court)
4) The shooting guard should then move toward the location given by the left analog stick as he receives the ball

Thanks fella. step by step. . . I like that.
I'll be looking into getting this down and getting down on this

you're repped guy

SinJackal
10-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Oh I figured you meant analog stick, no biggie man. :P

Semi
10-13-2010, 02:58 AM
man, elow is a bad ass defender. big enough to desturb my fadeaway und fast anough to stop me from driving. every time he defended me i was struggeling. luckily they put price on jordan for a few stretches so i poured fadeaways over him. got the 69 point challenge done after 6 or 7 trys on superstar. was really close and i was like fistpumping when i got the deciding jumper for 70 points!

Go Getter
10-13-2010, 03:06 AM
man, elow is a bad ass defender. big enough to desturb my fadeaway und fast anough to stop me from driving. every time he defended me i was struggeling. luckily they put price on jordan for a few stretches so i poured fadeaways over him. got the 69 point challenge done after 6 or 7 trys on superstar. was really close and i was like fistpumping when i got the deciding jumper for 70 points!
Are you serious?

I had Jordan breaking Ehlo off something proper.

Ehlo in no way shape or form should ever hinder JOrdan from doing what he wants out there.

If Jordan had a ***** in the NBA Ehlo would have been it.

Go Getter
10-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Trying to hold Drexler under 20 has been the only real challenge i've had.

1. Get out to a big lead
2. Play denial defense on Drexler with Jordan.
3. Once big lead is established, double off of Kersey with Pippen...this will make Porter pass to someone else besides Drexler.
4. Run "ice high" with Jordan for the remainder of the game and make sure you let the shot clock wind down to limit Blazer's possessions.

I hope this helps.

Semi
10-13-2010, 03:59 AM
Are you serious?

I had Jordan breaking Ehlo off something proper.

Ehlo in no way shape or form should ever hinder JOrdan from doing what he wants out there.

If Jordan had a ***** in the NBA Ehlo would have been it.

Man, I made 70 points, so it can't be to hard so score against him, but it was hard to score 70 against him. I guess it's the challenge itself which makes it also hard and after the first quater the double you proper, so you got problems getting to the hole. Never said Ehlo was a great Jordan-Defender in real life, but he made it pretty hard for me in this challenge.

TMacsOneGoodEye
10-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Is there a way to change the quarters to 12 minutes instead of 8? I find I have the most realistic games at 12 minutes. 8 minutes is just trying to make Jordan score, then frantically passing to your teammates every once in awhile.

Semi
10-13-2010, 05:34 AM
don't think so. I guess the developers figured out that in 8 minutes it's really challenging to do those things with jordan.

Go Getter
10-13-2010, 07:17 AM
Man, I made 70 points, so it can't be to hard so score against him, but it was hard to score 70 against him. I guess it's the challenge itself which makes it also hard and after the first quater the double you proper, so you got problems getting to the hole. Never said Ehlo was a great Jordan-Defender in real life, but he made it pretty hard for me in this challenge.

I was talking about in the game as well. JOrdan is so easy to score with it's ridiculous. It's almost unfair the shots you can make with a hand in your face.....the fadeaways you can make after three pump fakes.....the dunks.....

I only have three challenges left.

(I'm saving the series one for last)

Go Getter
10-13-2010, 07:18 AM
If you get a trip dub with MJ you get two achievements btw

Semi
10-13-2010, 07:47 AM
I was talking about in the game as well. JOrdan is so easy to score with it's ridiculous. It's almost unfair the shots you can make with a hand in your face.....the fadeaways you can make after three pump fakes.....the dunks.....

I only have three challenges left.

(I'm saving the series one for last)

Yeah, it is easy but when they start double you and you miss some shots and jordan goes cold you'll have a hard time. By the way, which difficulty are you playing? At pro I dominate with Jordan easily as well...:rolleyes:

Da KO King
10-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Getting the treys against Portland has been infuriating. The rebounds against Utah have pissed me off because MJ moves at half speed and EVERYTIME I get one rebound short of my goal Ron Harper grabs a "superman" rebound out my hands.

Kebab Stall
10-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Currently at half time for the shootout. Finding this one pretty easy. Jordan's got 24/2/5 already, which means I've got the assists out the way and Wilkins has got 6 points. Althought Moses Malone is doing pretty damn well with 10/4.

Half time score is 43 - 24 in favour of the Bulls. Personally I think they got defense right this year, I'm not having trouble staying in front of guys like was last year.

SinJackal
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Just wait 'til you have to deal with Byron Scott against the Lakers. That was by far the hardest Jordan Challenge so far. Mostly because you have to win 4 games against L.A. while averaging 55% and 11 assists, but still.

Getting the treys against Portland has been infuriating. The rebounds against Utah have pissed me off because MJ moves at half speed and EVERYTIME I get one rebound short of my goal Ron Harper grabs a "superman" rebound out my hands.

Maybe I lucked out with my hitting the threes against Portland. I beat that challenge on the first try, and scored almost 60 on Drexler with 10 threes and held him to a sad 14 points in a huge blowout. I probably could've scored 80+ on their sorry defenses, but after I got my 35/6 threes in the first half, I was trying to slow down the game and not push the ball too much so Drexler had less chances to get his cheesy dunks which are basically not even defendable.

I'm about to do the Father's Day game, with the rebounds. I've been thinking the boards for two of the last 3 chellenges, and the 4 steals for the last one were gonna be the hardest parts. I've just got the last 3 challenges left though, so almost done. Might try to complete it today since I have the day off.

Lakerlove420
10-13-2010, 11:17 AM
Maybe I lucked out with my hitting the threes against Portland. I beat that challenge on the first try, and scored almost 60 on Drexler with 10 threes and held him to a sad 14 points in a huge blowout. I probably could've scored 80+ on their sorry defenses, but after I got my 35/6 threes in the first half, I was trying to slow down the game and not push the ball too much so Drexler had less chances to get his cheesy dunks which are basically not even defendable.

I'm about to do the Father's Day game, with the rebounds. I've been thinking the boards for two of the last 3 chellenges, and the 4 steals for the last one were gonna be the hardest parts. I've just got the last 3 challenges left though, so almost done. Might try to complete it today since I have the day off.

did he 'shrug' after that 6th 3 was drained?

about the rebounds .. . there has to be a way to make it possible.
I don't know?? maybe double-team their center and hang out at the rim??
what do you guys think? play Jordan as the power forward or center..
won't work. . .

GOBB
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Anyone tried saving a game? I did it with a MJ challenge because I had to leave. Tried to load up saved game? Game just freezes. Now I gotta do the damn challenge over because it wont load my saved game. Why ask if I want to save if you're not going to load. :banghead:

Is there a way to change the quarters to 12 minutes instead of 8? I find I have the most realistic games at 12 minutes. 8 minutes is just trying to make Jordan score, then frantically passing to your teammates every once in awhile.

You're nuts. 8mins is long enough. 12? Murder especially if you end up failing the challenge. Talk about a facepalm. :facepalm

I did an MJ challenge and had the stats but lost the game by 1. Stung having to do that challenge ALL over again. Might have to bump it down to All Star from Superstar difficulty. I've only passed 2 so far.

Lakerlove420
10-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Anyone tried saving a game? I did it with a MJ challenge because I had to leave. Tried to load up saved game? Game just freezes. Now I gotta do the damn challenge over because it wont load my saved game. Why ask if I want to save if you're not going to load. :banghead:

I had to save one once too.
It worked, loaded right up.. and I even failed at the remainder and loaded it back up. No problems. A buddy also has saved and it worked. It was for the 91' Finals. Have you tried that yet.. not everybody can play a whole series (4 or 5 games) in one sitting so it has to be able to save. Maybe that one does automatically after every game, I'm not sure.

It is kind of a cheesy way to pass a challenge if you have tried it already and having trouble. Like if I'm trying to do 6 threes in the first half (or the rebound ones) if I start out strong in the first quarter and hit at least 3 threes or what not.. I will probably save so I can start the 2nd quarter with only needing 3 more threes. Cheesy but might be necessary for a player like me after failing a challenge 5 or more times.

GOBB
10-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I'll try saving it again to see if it works. Probably just that particular save. And I never thought about saving a game and loading it back up. If I keep failing then that is what I might end up doing. :oldlol: Yeah I'm saving that playoff series for last. No way I do that in 1 sitting, 8 min quarters. Hell naw.

Bush4Ever
10-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Just knocked off the 86 Celtics, Double Nickel, and 69 point game challenge.

The main one I'm worried about is the one that requires 4+ steals. That's pretty tough for me, since I generally play conservative defense (against computer and people), and running the passing lanes seems harder this year as well.

As a side note, for some reason, I'm getting burnt by total scrubs on defense, but I'm locking down the stars just fine. James Edwards, Hot Rod Williams, and John Starks have gone nuts against me, while Bird/Ewing/Isiah/and Mark Price have done jack. Kevin McHale got me, but then again it's hard to stop a guy when his release point is 15 feet in the GD air.

Lakerlove420
10-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I'll try saving it again to see if it works. Probably just that particular save. And I never thought about saving a game and loading it back up. If I keep failing then that is what I might end up doing. :oldlol: Yeah I'm saving that playoff series for last. No way I do that in 1 sitting, 8 min quarters. Hell naw.

dude, that one I was talking about where I saved was the double-nickel.
Tried it like 3 times and the next time I was doing great. The 3rd quarter ended and I had 48 points. Problem was I have to shoot 55%. I was at 44%. If I messed up in the 4th then ..well I didn't want to play the whole frickin game again , so I saved. Knowing I only needed to go on a run with Jordan in the 4th. Just get like 5 shots or so without him missing. (hopefully high% shots a.k.a. example i.e. DUNKS) So I load my saved game and miss my first two shots with MJ. % then dropped. I quit and re-loaded. Missed a couple more with him quit and loaded..(I feel/felt like a cheater kinda) Then went on my run had 56%, took Jordan out and that was it ... passed it.

That wack or what? The easy way out?
I look at it like time-management...

SinJackal
10-13-2010, 12:56 PM
did he 'shrug' after that 6th 3 was drained?

about the rebounds .. . there has to be a way to make it possible.
I don't know?? maybe double-team their center and hang out at the rim??
what do you guys think? play Jordan as the power forward or center..
won't work. . .

He didn't shrug, but I'm always skipping the annoying cutscenes after shots since I just wanna get back to the game. I might've skipped him shrugging.

By the way, I was just gonna say. . .I played Jordan at PF and it did work.

What I did was turn off auto subs (those only screw you up during Jordan challenges anyway, constantly taking out Pippen and your PG when they have 90 energy. -_- ..), and I put in Kukoc at center, and switched Jordan to PF, and used Harper at SG with Kerr at PG.

I just camped out around the rim, though that prick Pippen ripped away like 4 boards from me in a row after I had 8 and was in the 4th quarter. -_-

As usual, rush your offense as much as possible since it's hard to get offensive boards. Push your offensive pace but with Jordan hang around the rim. Make sure your man doesn't get easy catches for dunks though since obviously you aren't getting a rebound on that anyway.

Also, it can also help to switch away from Jordan to any teamates who are close by to frickin move them out of the way so they don't steal your boards. AI MJ will sometimes swipe the boards for you while you do that. I got 3 that way. . .and I felt I basically had to do that since Pippen kept taking them away from him. :\

I had a tough time getting the boards, it was really stressful. I ended up with 55/10/15 on 66% along with 3 blocks and 2 steals with Jordan though. Pretty pro game there. The Sonics' defense sucks ass compared to the Lakers', Celtics, and Pistons.

Of course I have to get even MORE boards for the next challenge. . .great. I'm guessing MJ has diminished stats since he has the flu or whatever too huh?

After that I just gotta worry about the 4 steals challenge and done. ^_^

SinJackal
10-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Just finished all the challenges. The Flu game took me a couple tries though. Getting boards in that game with lowered stats Jordan is extremely hard. I had to get 3 in the 4th to barely get my 7. And 2 of the 4 boards I got before that came with less than 5 seconds left in quarters. :\

Getting the Steals was somewhat hard too because if you tip a pass and someone else picks it up they get the steal and not you even though you created the steal. Some of those were tough challenges!

Lakerlove420
10-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Just finished all the challenges. The Flu game took me a couple tries though. Getting boards in that game with lowered stats Jordan is extremely hard. I had to get 3 in the 4th to barely get my 7. And 2 of the 4 boards I got before that came with less than 5 seconds left in quarters. :\

Getting the Steals was somewhat hard too because if you tip a pass and someone else picks it up they get the steal and not you even though you created the steal. Some of those were tough challenges!

so have you started 'creating a legend' yet? MJ myplayer
Michael all young and skinny with no mustache and had hair:oldlol:

Yesterday I did the shrug. I had to go, so I saved it at the end of the 2nd.
I have all the 3pointers and all that. I just have to finish the game and keep Clyde from getting to 20. He already has 12 though. I'll just have to use the clock and double him in the second half.

SinJackal
10-14-2010, 09:51 AM
so have you started 'creating a legend' yet? MJ myplayer
Michael all young and skinny with no mustache and had hair:oldlol:

Yesterday I did the shrug. I had to go, so I saved it at the end of the 2nd.
I have all the 3pointers and all that. I just have to finish the game and keep Clyde from getting to 20. He already has 12 though. I'll just have to use the clock and double him in the second half.

Yeah :P I've done a couple games with him already. Basically he's like a super My Player, starts at 79 overall, and you get 10 drills instead of 6 to start. After doing all 10 drills for Shooting, I put the rest of his points into stuff like Passing (bumped that up to 80), some into Consistency, some in Free Throw, and a little in defense, to make him 82 overall.

Though while playing him with lower-than-usual stats, I'm starting to think I should've probably put a little more in consistency since he starts low there, rather than nearly maxed out like he usually is.

But yeah, it's fun. I drafted him to the current Bulls, and you can only control him while playing each game. Right now I'm averaging 38.5 PPG on about 54%, with 6.5 APG, 3 RPG, 1 SPG, 1 TO/PG, and a Teammate Rating average of A. ^_^ Just 2 games though.

It's kinda weird 'cause I got played for the first 12 minutes of the game then taken out for 7 minutes, only to play the last 5 mins of the half where you get to rest before 3rd quarter anyway. :\ Seemed kinda weird, but so far it's pretty fun. You can also equip any of those special Jordan shoes you earn throughout the game on him to give him little boosts.

dbugz
10-14-2010, 06:20 PM
I'm having difficulty with the double nickel.

MJ need to score 55 points in 55% shooting and needs have 2 assists. Damn! That Knicks defense is fckn killing MJ's shooting. They are always double or triple teaming him everytime he touches the ball. :banghead: :banghead:

John Stark is beasting, blocking MJ's shot and dunking on him! Dude is also like 75% from downtown always! :banghead: :banghead:

Replay32
10-15-2010, 12:01 AM
I finally beat the "Flu Game" challenge. It took like 5 tries (4 days). A couple of times I had 6 rebs going into the 4th quarter and couldn't manage to even get 1 reb. Flu MJ has no hops but he can score his butt off. LOL

I beat the Last Dance earlier today. I lucked up and got a couple of steals early in the game. The only 1 have to complete now is the 1991 finals.

SinJackal
10-15-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm having difficulty with the double nickel.

MJ need to score 55 points in 55% shooting and needs have 2 assists. Damn! That Knicks defense is fckn killing MJ's shooting. They are always double or triple teaming him everytime he touches the ball. :banghead: :banghead:

John Stark is beasting, blocking MJ's shot and dunking on him! Dude is also like 75% from downtown always! :banghead: :banghead:

Use someone else as a ballhandler and move the defense away from Jordan a bit and pass to him while he's somewhat isolated so he can create space quickly and score while just one guy is on him. He can take Starks 1 on 1. Try not to always use Jordan to bring the ball up court. I usually try to score 14-20 a game with MJ by getting assisted. It helps save his stamina a little too. ^_^

I finally beat the "Flu Game" challenge. It took like 5 tries (4 days). A couple of times I had 6 rebs going into the 4th quarter and couldn't manage to even get 1 reb. Flu MJ has no hops but he can score his butt off. LOL

I beat the Last Dance earlier today. I lucked up and got a couple of steals early in the game. The only 1 have to complete now is the 1991 finals.

Yeah I think the main stats that get diminished are his "physical" stats. The stamina, vertical, and speed/agility. His mid range jumper is still butter. The Flu Game is definitely one of the harder ones. That and MJ's Last Dance, to get the 4 steals.

dbugz
10-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Use someone else as a ballhandler and move the defense away from Jordan a bit and pass to him while he's somewhat isolated so he can create space quickly and score while just one guy is on him. He can take Starks 1 on 1. Try not to always use Jordan to bring the ball up court. I usually try to score 14-20 a game with MJ by getting assisted. It helps save his stamina a little too. ^_^

I followed your tips and on my 1st try, I got it finished right away. Got MJ shooting on 71%. After I scored 55 points I stopped shooting and just protected my 10+ points lead. :applause: Thanks you.

I have 3 more challenges left.

I'm worried about the one with 9 rebounds and the other one with 4 steals. Damn :banghead:

Lakerlove420
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm worried about the one with 9 rebounds and the other one with 4 steals. Damn :banghead:

yeah. I am too..

dbugz
10-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I already tried the one against the Sonics wer you need to have 22 pts, 7 assists and 9 rebounds.

I have no problem with scoring and assists but when it comes to rebounding I always ended up having 6 rebounds only. I tried almost everything like, assigning Jordan to guard Perkins so he'll be always on the rebounding position but it didn't work. I also tried playing MJ only on the defensive end and position him always on the rebounding position in the paint and let my teammates guard the other, didn't work also.

I'm so pissed because everytime I'm in a good position to get the rebound without any other player on my side, the ball suddenly will bounce on different direction :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Will you guys pls. give me a tips on this rebound problem :facepalm

Rake2204
10-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I already tried the one against the Sonics wer you need to have 22 pts, 7 assists and 9 rebounds.

I have no problem with scoring and assists but when it comes to rebounding I always ended up having 6 rebounds only. I tried almost everything like, assigning Jordan to guard Perkins so he'll be always on the rebounding position but it didn't work. I also tried playing MJ only on the defensive end and position him always on the rebounding position in the paint and let my teammates guard the other, didn't work also.

I'm so pissed because everytime I'm in a good position to get the rebound without any other player on my side, the ball suddenly will bounce on different direction :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Will you guys pls. give me a tips on this rebound problem :facepalm

-I threw MJ at small forward. Small forwards are excellent at grabbing rebounds off of missed free throws in NBA 2K. If you got really desperate, you could foul poor free throw shooting Sonics (or Jazz) players and hope they miss the 2nd of two free throws, thereby giving your SF Jordan a clean rebound opportunity.

-I didn't control Jordan all the time on defense, but I did make sure he was always lingering near the basket. I ensured he was not watching a shot go to the rim while he guarded Hersey on the perimeter.

-Also, I encouraged the opposition to dump the ball into the post and as Jordan I'd sort of wait on the weak side of the rim for a possible easy board off a missed shot downlow.

dbugz
10-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Ohh shit!! Finally I beat the Sonics and finish the challenge!

Thanks you Ron Harper for your buzzer beater! :banana: :banana: :banana:

2 more challenges left. :D

dbugz
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Guys any tips on how to finish "Michael's Last dance" ?

My 1st try, I thought I would be able to finish the challenge because I have 2 steals right away on the 1st quarter but after that, I haven't got even a single steal anymore. :banghead:

Scoring ain't a problem, but stealing the ball is very difficult. :banghead:

Gotham's Finest
10-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Guys any tips on how to finish "Michael's Last dance" ?

My 1st try, I thought I would be able to finish the challenge because I have 2 steals right away on the 1st quarter but after that, I haven't got even a single steal anymore. :banghead:

Scoring ain't a problem, but stealing the ball is very difficult. :banghead:
This was actually one of the easiest for me. Just try to read the passing lanes, and try to get Jordan in some mismatches(to your advantage; try putting him in the post w/ a PF or C and take a swipe when you can).

The hardest challenge so far for me was the Shrug. Getting 6 three's and 35 @ the half was easy, containing Drexler was so irritating. :facepalm Every time I miss, he's running the fastbreak and gets some inexplicable dunk or and 1. Took me like 10 times, no lie. I got 7/10 so far. I have the Father's Day, Cavs, and Lakers Finals left.

So far, just ranking the challenges I'd go with: (Easiest to hardest)

1. The Arrival
2. The Hawks/Dominique
3. Bad Boys
4. Last Dance
5. Double Nickel
6. Flu game
7. The Shrug

Saving the Lakers for last.

dbugz
10-15-2010, 09:01 PM
This was actually one of the easiest for me. Just try to read the passing lanes, and try to get Jordan in some mismatches(to your advantage; try putting him in the post w/ a PF or C and take a swipe when you can).

The hardest challenge so far for me was the Shrug. Getting 6 three's and 35 @ the half was easy, containing Drexler was so irritating. :facepalm Every time I miss, he's running the fastbreak and gets some inexplicable dunk or and 1. Took me like 10 times, no lie. I got 7/10 so far. I have the Father's Day, Cavs, and Lakers Finals left.

So far, just ranking the challenges I'd go with: (Easiest to hardest)

1. The Arrival
2. The Hawks/Dominique
3. Bad Boys
4. Last Dance
5. Double Nickel
6. Flu game
7. The Shrug

Saving the Lakers for last.

Hey mate! Thanks for the tips! I will try that later.

As for the Shrug, I got it finished on my 1st try.

What I did on that is, Try to tweak the coaching setting on the defensive match-up. Assign Pippen on Drexler and set play tight off/on ball on him. You gotta set also the double team always and deny the ball. By that, there's no way he'll be able to get so many touches. Another one is, Try to open up one of his teammate because you'd rather have a shootout against his teammates than him reaching 20+ points.

I also noticed that, when the computer's PG is bringing the ball down and he stopped on the center to set up a play, try to position your player a bit on his left side, and there's no way he's going pass the ball on the left side. Same thing on the right side. You can apply this on Shrug and the Wilkins challenge. :pimp:

m y t i n
10-17-2010, 01:25 AM
Hey does anyone have any tips for the shootout? I swear to god, Wilkins drives and dunks it every f*kn time he gets it. I tried double teaming but it never works, my teammates are as dumb as rocks.

Go Getter
10-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Hey does anyone have any tips for the shootout? I swear to god, Wilkins drives and dunks it every f*kn time he gets it. I tried double teaming but it never works, my teammates are as dumb as rocks.

Go to coaching settings and double team him and put Scottie as the preferred defender....help off of him with the PG as it is hard for Spud to get off good jumpshots....or use Jordan to double team.

Get a big lead and then double double double....then stall by doing a lot of Jordan isos at the top of the key.

SinJackal
10-17-2010, 02:44 AM
I followed your tips and on my 1st try, I got it finished right away. Got MJ shooting on 71%. After I scored 55 points I stopped shooting and just protected my 10+ points lead. :applause: Thanks you.

I have 3 more challenges left.

Glad it worked well. ^_^

For the rebounds, if you haven't done that one yet, switch Jordan to PF or center, then use the player at whatever position you didn't set Jordan as to box out players so the computer can grab the boards as Jordan. You could also try to force the issue and control Jordan, but you're gonna get frustrated at how your teammates rip boards away from him. You'll have to really get in position and jump to grab like 18-20 boards since your teammates are going to steal at least half of them away.

As for the Steals, I'm not sure the best way to go about that. Stockton always has the ball and has good handles and good passing, so you could try double teaming him to get the ball out of his hands to a crappy ball handler THEN go for steals. Which could work. I had a hard time with that one and just forced some steals (got like 4 reach in fouls and 2 steals trying it), and got 2 more with pass interceptions.

Another thing you could do is something my brother told me he did to pass it when he was playing. He changed the settings somehow to make it easier. He set it to Rookie, and game style to Casual, and said watch, and he got like 4 steals in the 1st quarter, and kept jacking up threes abd banging them with Jordan. Seems kind of a cheap way to pass the challenge, but I guess if it's giving you trouble and you just want it complete you could do that. At least to get the steals and put it back to normal settings. Don't be too cheap. :hammerhead:

Another trick is to not run a face paced offense. Slow down the game as much as you can. Let your ball handler hold the ball at the top of the key and don't try to score until there's 10-12 seconds left on the shot clock. That will lower the chances Wilkins gets to score. :)

m y t i n
10-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot when I have the time to play

benJAMin
10-17-2010, 10:22 AM
As a rookie with NBA games (the only one I've played is Live 06 for PSP and its total arcade play), I'm getting killed in the Jordan Challenges, even on the easiest setting. This thread has been helpful though, thanks for the pointers, its a steep learning curve for a guy who is used to being able to drive past anyone or make any bucket he tosses up. My last shot at The Arrival netted me 61 points and 6 assists at 55% fg, dammit! Getting better though and getting closer.

dbugz
10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Glad it worked well. ^_^

For the rebounds, if you haven't done that one yet, switch Jordan to PF or center, then use the player at whatever position you didn't set Jordan as to box out players so the computer can grab the boards as Jordan. You could also try to force the issue and control Jordan, but you're gonna get frustrated at how your teammates rip boards away from him. You'll have to really get in position and jump to grab like 18-20 boards since your teammates are going to steal at least half of them away.

As for the Steals, I'm not sure the best way to go about that. Stockton always has the ball and has good handles and good passing, so you could try double teaming him to get the ball out of his hands to a crappy ball handler THEN go for steals. Which could work. I had a hard time with that one and just forced some steals (got like 4 reach in fouls and 2 steals trying it), and got 2 more with pass interceptions.

Another thing you could do is something my brother told me he did to pass it when he was playing. He changed the settings somehow to make it easier. He set it to Rookie, and game style to Casual, and said watch, and he got like 4 steals in the 1st quarter, and kept jacking up threes abd banging them with Jordan. Seems kind of a cheap way to pass the challenge, but I guess if it's giving you trouble and you just want it complete you could do that. At least to get the steals and put it back to normal settings. Don't be too cheap. :hammerhead:

I already finished the 9 rebounds challenge. I only have 2 more left. The Lakers series and the Last Dance.

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna try it later. I also have some technique that I have in my mind and will try it also. As for adjusting the setting to rookie, I think I will not do that. It's like cheating to yourself lol.

Thanks again. :pimp:

code green
10-17-2010, 11:38 AM
just got around to playing the jordan challenge yesterday, beat the Arrival Challenge with 64 points and 8 assists on 28/39 shooting on All-Star. A lot of dunks and layups :oldlol:

Abd El-Krim
10-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah :P I've done a couple games with him already. Basically he's like a super My Player, starts at 79 overall, and you get 10 drills instead of 6 to start. After doing all 10 drills for Shooting, I put the rest of his points into stuff like Passing (bumped that up to 80), some into Consistency, some in Free Throw, and a little in defense, to make him 82 overall.

Though while playing him with lower-than-usual stats, I'm starting to think I should've probably put a little more in consistency since he starts low there, rather than nearly maxed out like he usually is.

But yeah, it's fun. I drafted him to the current Bulls, and you can only control him while playing each game. Right now I'm averaging 38.5 PPG on about 54%, with 6.5 APG, 3 RPG, 1 SPG, 1 TO/PG, and a Teammate Rating average of A. ^_^ Just 2 games though.

It's kinda weird 'cause I got played for the first 12 minutes of the game then taken out for 7 minutes, only to play the last 5 mins of the half where you get to rest before 3rd quarter anyway. :\ Seemed kinda weird, but so far it's pretty fun. You can also equip any of those special Jordan shoes you earn throughout the game on him to give him little boosts.

Can you play pickup games with him?

When I heard that you could have him in the mode I got a vision of a pickup game with like 5 Jordans.

dbugz
10-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I just finish the MJ challenge! Wohho!

He's going to the Thunder!

Westbrook + MJ + Durant

:bowdown: :bowdown:

:cheers:

Soundwave
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Is there a specific challenge to unlock the Air Jordan XI's or does it just happen after a while?

I've done the 63 points vs. Celtics, 69 pts vs. Cavs, and have played 2 games into the '91 Finals so far.

RoseCity07
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I've had 9 of 10 done for a few days now. I just need to do the "Last dance" against Utah. Should be easy.

The hardest one was the 9 rebounds one against the sonics.

I got to 8 early in the 3rd. Tried moving Jordan to center and putting in the bench. Didn't work. Put in the regular line up in the 4th and got the 9th rebound.

So lucky.

Also to hold Drexler and Wilkins under the point limit, just set high pressure, deny the ball in defensive settings. Turn up defensive pressure, and double with Jordan or Pippen. Let anyone shoot but Wilkins. All you have to do is cheese with Jordan and you'll win.

TryToBeUnbias
10-20-2010, 04:07 PM
When they put MJ at the 3 I took my last 3 pointer and he did the shrug :oldlol:

TryToBeUnbias
10-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Am I the only person who can absolutely go off with BJ Armstrong ?

mmsupra
10-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Got my first Jordan Challenge done

Dominique vs Jordan

Jordan 51,6,4,1

Dominique 20pts :lol

step_back
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I have Pippen as my ball handler much of the time, wait for him to get doubled and kick it out to MJ, with one defender on MJ you can blow by your defender and finish above the rim for a dunk. Easy buckets and high FG%!!!

Also has anyone else noticed a glitch that while you can get teams to change their line up from fouls you can't actually get them to foul out. I just done the "last dance" challenge and got Stockton to commit a total of 8 fouls by the 3rd. He was still playing in the 4th quarter though :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Lakerlove420
10-22-2010, 02:04 PM
finished the Fathers day yesterday.(9 rebounds)
did it the first try. Used the tips you guys have been talking about.
MJ at Center and then when a shot goes up change to the dude(s) near the basket and move away if possible and A.I. Jordan snatches the rebound.

Then I thought I was bad ass and tried the flu and I couldn't even get one rebound. It wasn't working. I guess I'll have to try again ...

only 2 left.. 7 rebounds and 4 steals..
the bottom two. .

step_back
10-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Am I the only person who can absolutely go off with BJ Armstrong ?

yes you are,

BJ is complete bullshit when ever I play with him.

I just finished the 1991 finals series, possibly the most stressfull games I have ever played. My entire team apart from Jordan went ICE COLD! for 3 games.

Over the 3 games I had to score 65+points and get at least 10+assists just to stay within reach of the lakers.

Eventually completed the series today with averages of

50 points
14 assists
on 70%fg.

Lakerlove420
10-25-2010, 09:43 AM
dude I did all 10 challenges but there was a weird glitch and it reset my 91' Finals challenge.:wtf:
Weird huh? I completed all 10 and I was waiting for an achievement or something but when I got back to the MJ page it still said 9/10 done.
The 91' Finals was reset like I had never even touched it. I started it back up just to see if it would somehow put me back to where I was in game 4 or something but no.
Series score was 0 - 0. f*cking game 1 again.
So I shut it down. This was yesterday...I was planning on getting to "creating a legend" today but I guess I'll have to wait a few days until I can re-face the Lakers to play the whole series over again.

:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I got over it..it's fine.
but for a little while yesterday I was kinda bummed that it did that to me.

Anybody else experience any form of a glitch or saving problems
at all in any part of the MJ challenges or in this game in general????

step_back
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
dude I did all 10 challenges but there was a weird glitch and it reset my 91' Finals challenge.:wtf:
Weird huh? I completed all 10 and I was waiting for an achievement or something but when I got back to the MJ page it still said 9/10 done.
The 91' Finals was reset like I had never even touched it. I started it back up just to see if it would somehow put me back to where I was in game 4 or something but no.
Series score was 0 - 0. f*cking game 1 again.
So I shut it down. This was yesterday...I was planning on getting to "creating a legend" today but I guess I'll have to wait a few days until I can re-face the Lakers to play the whole series over again.

:ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:

I got over it..it's fine.
but for a little while yesterday I was kinda bummed that it did that to me.

Anybody else experience any form of a glitch or saving problems
at all in any part of the MJ challenges or in this game in general????

a few, players on the opposing teams can't foul out regardless of how many fouls they pick up. This annoys the living shit outta me as players like james worthy and bill laimbeer I managed to get fouled out and yet they still stay on the court and continue to burn me.

The jordan challenges that require you to rebound are a complete ****ing joke! I played MJ at either the 4 or 5 for an entire game along with steve Kerr at either the 4/5 and could still only get a maximum of 7 rebounds. It is a complete fluke if you can pick up that many rebounds and you can't individually get any particular player to focus on a particular goal. If you could ask MJ to go for rebounds only it would make the challenge easier.

overall I give the MJ challenges a 6.5/10. Great Idea but not brilliantly executed.

Lakerlove420
10-25-2010, 11:11 AM
a few, players on the opposing teams can't foul out regardless of how many fouls they pick up. This annoys the living shit outta me as players like james worthy and bill laimbeer I managed to get fouled out and yet they still stay on the court and continue to burn me.

The jordan challenges that require you to rebound are a complete ****ing joke! I played MJ at either the 4 or 5 for an entire game along with steve Kerr at either the 4/5 and could still only get a maximum of 7 rebounds. It is a complete fluke if you can pick up that many rebounds and you can't individually get any particular player to focus on a particular goal. If you could ask MJ to go for rebounds only it would make the challenge easier.

overall I give the MJ challenges a 6.5/10. Great Idea but not brilliantly executed.

I know what you mean about the rebounds but I would really give it at least 8.5/10. I think they actually did a great job. Best sports game I've ever played. I'm not much of a critic and I kinda take things for what they are. I also have only been gaming for about a year or so.....

Either way I think the 2K11 (MJ) is awesome..

glidedrxlr22
10-25-2010, 12:17 PM
In regards to the fouling out issue, I don't think that's a glitch. Since most of the legendary rosters have so few real players

step_back
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=glidedrxlr22]In regards to the fouling out issue, I don't think that's a glitch. Since most of the legendary rosters have so few real players

TennesseeFan
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
this is gonna take a hile

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc1/object2/663/115/n372369267920_1864.jpg

Lakerlove420
11-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Finally finished!
gonna start my career with Jordan as a rookie.
I drafted him to the Lakers but haven't tried a game yet.

Is there a way to move Kobe to PG and have both play at the same time or no?

benJAMin
11-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Feeling a little better about myself now that I discovered I wasn't even playing on easy mode in each challenge, since this is my first NBA game in over 5 years :D

Beat The Arrival with 71pts, 3rbs, 8asts, 3stls on 60% from the field. Looking forward to enjoying these challenges now that my beginner azz finally has a chance with them, its been pure frustration before this :oldlol:

SinJackal
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Finally finished!
gonna start my career with Jordan as a rookie.
I drafted him to the Lakers but haven't tried a game yet.

Is there a way to move Kobe to PG and have both play at the same time or no?

Sadly no. You can't move Jordan to PG to always play together either. The only thing I can suggest is to pump up your passing and hope they run you at the point more. Jordan has a rating of 80 when you draft him so it'd be silly for Phil to keep him on the bench. I drafted Jordan to the Bulls and pumped up his passing a little to start out and I get played at the point sometimes when Rose is sitting down.

I'm not sure if they'll put Jordan in at the point any for the Lakers, but it wouldn't be a bad idea right? :P

Best thing is to just draft him to a team that doesn't already have a good SG. I guess that doesn't help since you want him on the Lakers though. :(

irondarts
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Finished the first challenge (63 points, 6 dimes, 50% field goal %) vs. the Celtics. Scored 83 points, 13 assists, 6 rebounds, completed it. Gonna try the next one later today.

Lakerlove420
11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Sadly no. You can't move Jordan to PG to always play together either. The only thing I can suggest is to pump up your passing and hope they run you at the point more. Jordan has a rating of 80 when you draft him so it'd be silly for Phil to keep him on the bench. I drafted Jordan to the Bulls and pumped up his passing a little to start out and I get played at the point sometimes when Rose is sitting down.

I'm not sure if they'll put Jordan in at the point any for the Lakers, but it wouldn't be a bad idea right? :P

Best thing is to just draft him to a team that doesn't already have a good SG. I guess that doesn't help since you want him on the Lakers though. :(

No it was NO problem.
I love it! Automatically the starting line-up (had Bynum to my surprise)

Kobe (pg
MJ (sg
Artest (sf
Pau (pf
Bynum (c

I had a tight ally-oop from Mj to Kobe!
They leave me in most of the time and Kobe is almost always there.
It works exactly how I would be doing it. (the subs)

I'm actually not that good though.. because I'm 1 and 3 through the first 4 games. Really fun though...

DirkNowitzki41
11-28-2010, 04:23 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/profile-ak-snc1/object2/663/115/n372369267920_1864.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I only got one challenge done which was The Arrival, took me a couple of tries. I'll try a few more later tonight. Pretty fun.

BlackJordan
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Its HARD but fun

AirTupac
12-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Its HARD but fun

Thats what she said.

But yeah i agree, difficult, but its also very addictive.

John Stockton
12-16-2010, 05:39 PM
The Jordan Challenge is going to be hard if you keep pushing MJ to the paint all the time. The key is to have variety in offense, and start shooting mid range shots. I'm doing it on Superstar, but have only done 4 challenges so far tho.

NY-Knicks
12-25-2010, 11:26 AM
I just got the game and started right away with a Jordan Challenge, did the Pistons one. I have no idea what the difficulty is since I didn't look at anything before playing this game.

Stats: 80 points (34-50 FG, 4-11 3PT, 8-9 FT), 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals.

Won the game 101-75.

JrueHoliday11
12-28-2010, 12:43 AM
how do you unlock the shoes? is it just random?

ballup
12-31-2010, 08:45 PM
The Arrival wasn't too hard on all star mode. I did it in 8 minute quarters along with a comforatble winning margin of 14.

KG215
12-31-2010, 10:29 PM

Sort of. I think some of them are unlocked through an achievement but, I unlocked probably 30 of the 40 just over time. I'd finish a game in My Player and unlock a new shoe. Guess it has something to do with how many hours or minutes you play the game.

DWRIGHTWAY
12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Sort of. I think some of them are unlocked through an achievement but, I unlocked probably 30 of the 40 just over time. I'd finish a game in My Player and unlock a new shoe. Guess it has something to do with how many hours or minutes you play the game.

ya i think so too its weird i was jus wonderin that

ballup
01-03-2011, 01:28 AM
The Jordan Challenge is going to be hard if you keep pushing MJ to the paint all the time. The key is to have variety in offense, and start shooting mid range shots. I'm doing it on Superstar, but have only done 4 challenges so far tho.
It's not a bad idea to attack the basket if you have the open lane. Just don't force any bad shots and the scoring part of the challenges will be easy.

I've beaten the first four challenges on all star just by abusing his midrange lol.

Kobe 8 B
01-04-2011, 09:06 PM

Every 2 hours of actual game play unlocks a shoe.

Semi
01-18-2011, 06:14 AM
!ell, I don't shoot to much jumpers with Jordan, except the game against portland where you have to. Although, the release of Jordan is pretty easy so I stray a few mid-range jumper in every now and then. But the most points I get, I do get on drives and at the line. I play on Hall of Fame.

Dunky_Kong
02-09-2011, 06:57 AM
!ell, I don't shoot to much jumpers with Jordan, except the game against portland where you have to. Although, the release of Jordan is pretty easy so I stray a few mid-range jumper in every now and then. But the most points I get, I do get on drives and at the line. I play on Hall of Fame.

yeah jordan in the game is really really strong at scoring in penetration even is jumpshot is excellent you might score every point of a game

playing in a video game like that is just pure pleasure !

but let's not forget that basketball is a team sport :)

Harrison_Barnes
02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
I still never got around to finishing the challenges.. I really got to though. I want to play the Jordan mode.

AirTupac
02-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I still never got around to finishing the challenges.. I really got to though. I want to play the Jordan mode.

You can unlock it by entering a code in the menus

icanbe23

Dunky_Kong
02-16-2011, 06:00 AM
how come there is no ranking in jordan's my player mode??

Scholar
02-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I only completed the challenge against the SuperSonics so far (can't recall the name). I tried The Arrival a couple of times but I messed up my FG% in each try by going for 3's instead of driving into the lane or hitting midrange jumpers. :facepalm

Honestly, I'd rather just go straight into the MyPlayer: Jordan mode instead of doing all the challenges. LOL
I mean, don't get me wrong. They're fun and challenging at the same time but my gameplay time is limited since I work, attend college and have a 24/7 job of being a father so Idk if I want to do all the challenges, fail at some and keep retrying. It'd be better for me to just start Jordan's career than do his challenges.

Scholar
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
You can unlock it by entering a code in the menus

icanbe23

Oh, shit! Thanks, bro. Big props for this. :bowdown:

Marv_Albert
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
http://postimage.org/image/1ed44srb8/

$LakerGold
07-06-2011, 09:48 PM
no one has posted in here for a while now... time to take it down?

Maniak
09-05-2011, 12:33 PM
This really should be un-stickied.

puppychili
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Kinda sucks that theres no cool ending after completing the Jordan Challenge. You just get to be Jordan.

GOBB
09-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Kinda sucks that theres no cool ending after completing the Jordan Challenge. You just get to be Jordan.

That is supposed to be the cool ending...to be Jordan and create your own path as him. :oldlol:

puppychili
09-16-2011, 05:01 PM
I hear what you're saying. I just wanted something more. Winning the championship didn't do much for me either. Just a cut screen of the coach holding up the trophy.

The Madden 11 ending was cool. You go on a parade, meet Obama and other cool stuff.

Rake2204
09-16-2011, 09:02 PM
I hear what you're saying. I just wanted something more. Winning the championship didn't do much for me either. Just a cut screen of the coach holding up the trophy.

The Madden 11 ending was cool. You go on a parade, meet Obama and other cool stuff.
Winning a championship in 2K11's Association featured things like that (including a trip to the White House to meet Obama). I'm just guessing 2K didn't want to bother with getting Bill Clinton on board just so MJ could shake his hand after winning a ring.

puppychili
09-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Really? I won the title with the current Bulls team. All that I saw was Thibs getting the trophy from Stern. After that there was a stats screen that showed that Rose won the Finals MVP.

Thats all I saw. I played a full regular season and playoffs.