PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the biggest bias announcers?

Micku
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Bias commentators are both funny and annoying. There are two teams, which I was surprise on how bias their commentators are.

The Hawks vs Heat in the playoffs in 2009. The commentators were unreal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXds7oOCdTw

The best line there, "The Heat has resorted to thuggery!" Like damn! :oldlol:

The Celtics announcers are funny too! I think they complain about the refs the most.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkMe_-L84M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5rWw9VraB4&feature=related

I think heard Memphis said something about LeBron too, but I can't find the video. They were complaining about a call and said, "OOH STOP whining LeBron! You are a great player and all, but stop whining over every call!"

What team have one of the most bias announcers? And if you find a bias comment, feel free to share!

joshwake
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Denver's are really bad. maybe not as bad as celtic's but pretty close.

Knoe Itawl
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Celts ftw. They crack me up though so not as annoying as others.

#1SportsFan86
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Spurs and it's not even close

branslowski
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
It has to be the Celtics BY FAR...:lol

Those dudes b!tch about everything that doesn't go their way....I was watching a game last that had them playing against the Heat ....Man, I never heard so much b!tchassness in my life.

bagelred
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I think Knicks might have the most UNbiased announcers. Usually Mike Breen and Clyde Frazier. Sometimes they are harder on the Knicks than the other team.

WesWelkerACL
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Celtics, Rockets and Kings are all pretty bad. There are others.

KenneBell
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Celtics and Blazers. Easily.

noob cake
10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
1. Celtics
2. Arguable

Rekindled
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Bulls ..

stacey king and neil funk are the biggest homers ever. I think they are the only announcers that openly talk crap about the opponent on air.

OnceInADECADE
10-10-2010, 09:23 PM
The Heat announcers and Stacey King from the bulls:lol :lol :lol

OnceInADECADE
10-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Bulls ..

stacey king and neil funk are the biggest homers ever. I think they are the only announcers that openly talk crap about the opponent on air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx0_aaZVfos

Willkill24
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Celtics :facepalm

ImmortalD24
10-10-2010, 09:27 PM
That Blazers color commentator is by far the worst.. At least with Tommy he's a HOFer with 8 rings, understands the history of the game, and at times really funny.. but the Blazers color guy just makes me punch through a wall. Can't stand that dirtbag's cockiness and his whiny voice.

sagr32
10-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Celtics. Heinsohn is the biggest homer announcer out there. Literally complains on the most obvious of calls.
Blazers are pretty bad
Heat were also bad last year expecting it to be worse this year obviously

A Roc 23
10-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I have trouble watching games announced by the Celtics announcers. They are so biased and so whiny and they get so many things wrong. In the Nets vs. Celtics preseason game they were talking about how Terrance Williams was an exceptional outside shooter. I'm pretty sure that's the biggest knock on his game and that Tommy guy just guesses about half the things he states as facts.

YouCallILose
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Celtics. Tommy is literally drunk during the majority of the broadcasts and I have NEVER heard him say side with the opposing team. It doesn't matter what it is he is going to side with the Celtics and blame the officials. It's really a joke.

Pharcyde
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Bulls ..

Neil is just a dumb ass. Stacey is funny despite his shit talking.

the_wise_one
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
1. Lakers
2. Bulls

Al Thornton
10-10-2010, 10:06 PM
haven't heard that much of every team. but from what i know its between the blazers, bulls, and the spurs. i remember watching an nbatv interview with sean elliot, and throughout the whole thing he referred to the spurs as "we".

tommy3
10-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Now wait a minute!
That's a terrible call!

alwaysunny
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Definitely the Celtics. Everytime I watch their games Heinsohn would complain "he waaalked!". EVERY SINGLE GAME.

dwadefan11
10-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Celtics by far, and its not even that they complain about calls thats fine, its what they say about other teams/players is unreal :facepalm

seoerizer
10-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Pistons.

zass
10-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Tommy Points.

che guevara
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Blazers announcers are extremely biased, even Blazers fans hate them.

niko
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Spurs and specifically Sean Elliot are pretty bad. "WE are down 20 but WE are still outplaying the other team. If WE get some breaks here WE will be back in this game in no time." Celtic announcers are specifically bad about the refs, they get a heart attack on so many calls. Net announcers i always thought were really good but the preseason games this year they got the rose colored glasses on. I wonder if the new owner told them to lighten up.

KenneBell
10-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Judging by the responses, Tommy is way out in the lead. :oldlol:

SIRI1
10-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Celtics and it aint even close.

TryToBeUnbias
10-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Celtics and it aint even close.
this.

bdreason
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Boston are the worst I've heard.

lurch67
10-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Bulls ..

this

G-train
10-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Celtics for mine. To the point that its funny.

sagr32
10-11-2010, 12:02 AM
1. Lakers
2. Bulls

You're kidding with Lakers right?
Joel Myers is as annoying as it gets but he isn't a homer. and Stu always looks at things subjectively, calls out LA when their crap, and gives the opposing team credit when it is due

RazorBaLade
10-11-2010, 12:34 AM
1. Lakers
2. Bulls

Wtf? Joel and Stu have a case for being the most unbiased announcers

eltonrosas
10-11-2010, 12:38 AM

1. Boston
2. Blazers
3. Nuggets
4. Spurs
5. Kings

But I hate the nuggeets and blazers worst, they suck really really bad.

Jacks3
10-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Blazers easily. Those guys are ridiculous.

PHILA
10-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Good old Johnny Most. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2GU42QvEGY#t=0m29s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZUv95evcjI

1987_Lakers
10-11-2010, 02:01 AM
1. Lakers
2. Bulls

I knew someone was going to say LA even though they have one of the most unbiased announcers.

Solid Snake
10-11-2010, 02:10 AM
If we can speak all-time, I don't believe there's a bigger biased commentator than the Bulls late Johnny Red Kerr. 100% bias, and he didn't give a damn or try to hide it. Really annoying.

Kensta
10-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Memphis is pretty bad. Sean Tuohy is pretty annoying.

elementally morale
10-11-2010, 02:47 AM
1) Boston
2) Portland
3) Chicago

MiseryCityTexas
10-11-2010, 02:57 AM
almost all of them.........................

MiseryCityTexas
10-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Memphis is pretty bad. Sean Tuohy is pretty annoying.

agree, them memphis accents are annoying as hell as well as the accents of the suns sports announcers. almost had to hear alot of grizzlies and suns games on mute, and i thought clyde drexler and cynthia cooper were bad sports commentators.:facepalm

Z Saber
10-11-2010, 03:00 AM
God, are Boston's announcers that bad? I gotta give them a listen. :lol

MiseryCityTexas
10-11-2010, 03:10 AM
God, are Boston's announcers that bad? I gotta give theme a listen. :lol

tom heinson is more hilarious than bad just because of his over-exagerrated biasedness. i remember heinson used to not be as biased when he used to broadcast on CBS back in the day whenever the 80s celtics played ( even then, his voice noticably, slightly got higher when bird's celtics got messed over by a bad call then too, but no where bear as bad as today).

ZenMaster
10-11-2010, 03:14 AM
Portland!!!

Hate those guys!

Bernie Nips
10-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Celtics are biased as all hell - but Tommy does it in such a cartoonish way that it's entertaining rather than annoying.

eltonrosas
10-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Celtics are biased as all hell - but Tommy does it in such a cartoonish way that it's entertaining rather than annoying.

You're wrong, he's actually really annoying. Maybe for celts fans he's not but for everyone else, he's horrible.

JustinJDW
10-11-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm a Spurs fan and even I know Sean Elliot is biased as hell. He can be really annoying. There were tons of times last season when I'm just watching the game, and I'm just like "Jesus Christ, shut the **** up Sean."

Tommy Heinson is pretty ****ing biased too, but its more like in a funny way and I like the Celtics. Its more entertaining to me than annoying.

RoseCity07
10-11-2010, 06:00 PM
That Blazers color commentator is by far the worst.. At least with Tommy he's a HOFer with 8 rings, understands the history of the game, and at times really funny.. but the Blazers color guy just makes me punch through a wall. Can't stand that dirtbag's cockiness and his whiny voice.

Mike Rice is entering his 21st year with the team. He knows more about the game than you could ever hope to know. He is a successful college coach and former NBA player.

ImmortalD24
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Mike Rice is entering his 21st year with the team. He knows more about the game than you could ever hope to know. He is a successful college coach and former NBA player.
I don't give a rats ass.. dude is a *****./end of story

blondie
10-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Blazers, Jazz and Cavs all have idiot homer announcers, Cavs especially with all of their horrible nicknames for Lebron and always referring to Varejao as "wild thang" (gayest nickname in the NBA). It intrigues me to see if they will pull out their lebron nicknames and catchphrases when he comes to cleveland :D

#1SportsFan86
10-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm a Spurs fan and even I know Sean Elliot is biased as hell. He can be really annoying. There were tons of times last season when I'm just watching the game, and I'm just like "Jesus Christ, shut the **** up Sean."

Tommy Heinson is pretty ****ing biased too, but its more like in a funny way and I like the Celtics. Its more entertaining to me than annoying.

This.

There's no way I will look at a Mavs vs. Spurs game with Sean Elliot calling the game.

Rose
10-11-2010, 06:10 PM
LeBron's team. ESPN is just...whoa.

Yung D-Will
10-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Blazers, Jazz and Cavs all have idiot homer announcers, Cavs especially with all of their horrible nicknames for Lebron and always referring to Varejao as "wild thang" (gayest nickname in the NBA). It intrigues me to see if they will pull out their lebron nicknames and catchphrases when he comes to cleveland :D

Lol wut?

Kevin_Garnett_5
10-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Tommy is by far the most bias. I think it's hilarious though. Especially considering how mad everyone gets over it.

branslowski
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Tommy is by far the most bias. I think it's hilarious though. Especially considering how mad everyone gets over it.

Not really madd....Just annoyed at how a grown ass man whines and b!tch about every call that doesn't go his way....Reminds me of a kid who doesn't get a lollipop or the trolls who invade Laker game threads blaming refs and calling "fixed" everytime Lakers are busting ass...:facepalm

Kevin_Garnett_5
10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Not really madd....Just annoyed at how a grown ass man whines and b!tch about every call that doesn't go his way....Reminds me of a kid who doesn't get a lollipop or the trolls who invade Laker game threads blaming refs and calling "fixed" everytime Lakers are busting ass...:facepalmAnnoyed, mad, whatever. I just think the reaction he gets out of people is hilarious.

I used to find him annoying but I've learned to cope with it. It's not like he's ever going to change.

JohnnySic
10-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Tommy isn't just biased, some of his comments are just way out there. Last preseason game he said the C's starting 5 was "5 Hall-of-Famers". He already has Rondo in the Hall of Fame. :lol Mike Gorman just rolls with Tommy's comments even though you can tell that Gorman thinks he's nuts.

MastahX
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Denver and Boston

me_
10-12-2010, 08:21 AM
I think hes been on this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6pLAF2aI4

after the 5:00 he calls himself "fair and balanced" :lol

Rashard
10-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Celtics, Blazers and Bucks are the biggest homer announcers i've ever heard.

f0und
10-12-2010, 09:43 AM
last year, they played one of the playoff games between miami and boston on NBATV. usually when they do that, they leave it up to the local announcing team to call the game. well this game was in boston so it was tommy and crew calling it. and man was the bias ridiculous. during little breaks for other game updates, even rick kamlas would kinda ask tommy to tone down on being such a homer.

but the funniest part was during halftime when brent barry said, "if a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it, is it a foul on miami". LOL!! obviously poking fun at the ridiculous homerism from tommy.

AirJordan&Magic
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Easily the Celtics and Blazers announcers.

I find the Blazers' announcers far more annoying though.

BallPhunk
10-12-2010, 12:45 PM
There's bias and there is annoying.

Bias but HOF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0

But I can barely take Tommy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjU3nvru9wA&feature=related

PurpleChuck
10-12-2010, 01:05 PM
But I admire Tommy's passion.:rockon:

Nets fan 93
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Denver's are really bad. maybe not as bad as celtic's but pretty close.
The people on the altitude network are soooo biased!

bagelred
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Dumb question.

Clearly the Celtics had the biggest bias. His name was Len.

bongolarry
10-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Bulls ..

:lol but thats why i love them.

praneel
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Bulls, I watch them on WGN on Saturday games and those guys are terrible homers.

But the Clippers guys are really homerish when it comes to individual players. They act like DeAndre Jordan is the second coming of Wilt or something. They know the team sucks so they have to talk about how good the players are. They used to blow Dunleavy hard. They praise the crap out of those guys.

And I hate listening to them as they go on wild as$ tangents that make very little sense. They will start talking about things and then can't remember why they started talking about it in the first place?? They make stupid jokes all game long and inside jokes that they have to explain that aren't funny. They got suspended for clowning Hamed Hadidi(?, the Iranian center on Memphis) how does that happen?

I Mean these guys are pretty unprofessional. Mike Smith talks about how he went to a gay bar with Dennis Rodman, and I don't know why that even came up, something about teamwork, idk?

I guess the whole clippers franchise sucks at everything.

joshwake
10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Jazz announcers are not bad at all. You're clearly just a jazz hater.

jbryan1984
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM

lol that IS andy's nickname though, that's why they say it. It came from his wild defense and wild hair. but ya they kissed lbj's ass of course. honestly, Austin Carr is pretty fair to the opposing teams and gets on the Cavs players when they make mistakes.

b0bab0i
10-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Bulls, I watch them on WGN on Saturday games and those guys are terrible homers.

But the Clippers guys are really homerish when it comes to individual players. They act like DeAndre Jordan is the second coming of Wilt or something. They know the team sucks so they have to talk about how good the players are. They used to blow Dunleavy hard. They praise the crap out of those guys.

And I hate listening to them as they go on wild as$ tangents that make very little sense. They will start talking about things and then can't remember why they started talking about it in the first place?? They make stupid jokes all game long and inside jokes that they have to explain that aren't funny. They got suspended for clowning Hamed Hadidi(?, the Iranian center on Memphis) how does that happen?

I Mean these guys are pretty unprofessional. Mike Smith talks about how he went to a gay bar with Dennis Rodman, and I don't know why that even came up, something about teamwork, idk?

I guess the whole clippers franchise sucks at everything.

Ralph lawler saying bingo everytime someone makes a 3 pointer is funny

15yearmagicfan
10-12-2010, 09:29 PM
1. Celtics
2. Arguable

BINGO

15yearmagicfan
10-12-2010, 09:29 PM
The Heat announcers and Stacey King from the bulls:lol :lol :lol

Does jack ramsey still announce for the heat?

15yearmagicfan
10-12-2010, 09:36 PM
I knew someone was going to say LA even though they have one of the most unbiased announcers.

Yeah just seems kinda natural, doesn't it? :D

LA_Showtime
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Easily the Celtics or Cavaliers.

SIRI1
10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Does jack ramsey still announce for the heat?
Nope, he stopped doing them like 8 or 9 years ago.

thejumpa
10-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I hate watching Laker games on KCAL because the announcers are idiots. They aren't at the top of the list, but they are super annoying.

KNOW1EDGE
10-14-2010, 03:20 PM
celtics are the worst, huge homers, super biased, pretty stupid, loud and obnoxious, when i watch NBATV i mute those f@ggots

the blazers are pretty bad too, Mike Rice is drunk and senile, bad combination. They are huge homers too, it gets pretty annoying.

Lakers and Jazz announcers are pretty annoying too, both cocky, and whiny, again a bad combination.

Papaya Petee
10-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Celtics, not even close, and I watch about 50 Boston games on comcast sports.

Tommy Heinson litterally never shuts up about calls.

praneel
10-14-2010, 04:42 PM
I hate watching Laker games on KCAL because the announcers are idiots. They aren't at the top of the list, but they are super annoying.

Joel Myers gets on my nerves, shoulda kept that other guy before him, but Stu is the man! Smart dude for sure!

Droid101
10-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Joel Myers gets on my nerves, shoulda kept that other guy before him, but Stu is the man! Smart dude for sure!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0nV4LBLBGQo/SjAAM2h4jbI/AAAAAAAAAFE/DDBdt7HJk58/s320/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

That "other guy before him" was Chick Hearn, and he passed away. They named a street after him in LA, and retired a jersey for him.
http://www.americansportscastersonline.com/images/hearnJersey.gif

http://celticshub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/HearnStreet.jpg

Stu has some really annoying sayings that I can't stand. "Kobe's dancin'!"

mayo'sgrizz
10-14-2010, 07:12 PM
when lebron was there i thought the cavs announcers were pretty bad.

oakbulut
10-14-2010, 08:50 PM
celtics and nuggets....

JustinJDW
10-15-2010, 12:11 AM
This.

There's no way I will look at a Mavs vs. Spurs game with Sean Elliot calling the game.Yeah, I totally get it man. And Sean always has to put down the other team. He's constantly bickering about their weaknesses, even if we are getting our asses kicked. And if there is something the other team is good at, Sean would say some stupid shit like, "Its a common misconception that *insert opposing team here* is good at *insert something opposing team is good at*. But they really are overrated."

Like for example, I remember when we were playing Dallas last Season, and its clear Sean hates Dallas. I think we were playing pretty bad in a quarter and started the quarter on something like 2-12, and were down by well over double degits. Then Ginobili would hit a tough and somewhat lucky shot over a player who plays good Defense like Marion or Butler, and Sean would get over-excited and be like "YEAH! See that shot by Ginobili! Right over Marion! You know everyone thinks Marion plays good D but he really is overrated. Dallas can't handle this!"

:facepalm