PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Cavs look so good without James when 92% of ISH said they'd be trash?

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
:confusedshrug:

3-1 in the preseason despite missing 40% of their starting lineup. Boobie is emerging as a 6th Man of the year candidate. Ramon Sessions has provided stability from the PG position that the team hasn't had in nearly 10 years. Jamison will probably come off the bench. The team goes 9-10 players deep, easily.

Need more?

Cavs, frankly, are a very diversified bunch that no team can look to one player to contain in order stop them. Yes, they'll have issues against teams with size, but 60% of the NBA plays small a majority of time. So it won't hurt them that much in the regular season.

So why can't this team win 45-50 games??

Is it because you idiots want to act like James did everything for this team EXCEPT stunt individual growth from player's on this roster?

Why do you people do this? James is a ball-dominant player that will be exposed in his time in Miami, but that's a conversation for another day.

SavageMode
10-14-2010, 08:15 PM
:facepalm

evilmonkey
Because its the preseason :confusedshrug:

Why does Cavs play better than Lakers right now? :confusedshrug:

Peteballa
:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

PowerGlove
10-14-2010, 08:16 PM
A way better coach would have to make a difference right?

OnceInADECADE
Preseason: Where Overrating the Cavs w/o Lebron happens

BTW PB get a Life you Dan Gilbert ******

PleezeBelieve
So for the record, you all think this team is trash??

I just want to make this clear.

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 08:17 PM
A way better coach would have to make a difference right?
Fair enough. But James will play in Miami the same way he played in Cleveland.

What does Mike Brown have to do with that?

Kobe8
10-14-2010, 08:18 PM
:cheers:
So for the record, you all think this team is trash??I just want to make this clear.

I dont hate the Cavs but your stupidity makes them look bad / hate em,.

G-train
10-14-2010, 08:20 PM

They will win 35 games.

So not trash, but not playoffs.

Willkill24
10-14-2010, 08:21 PM
2011 Champs.

jbryan1984
10-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I've been telling you guys this all summer. The thing is we had PLENTY of help but LeBron is a ball hog who dribbles and dribbles and waits until the last second to shoot. Nobody ever got a chance to move the ball and take shots. And it surprises me on here that not more people agreed with me. To many people on here just hate Ohio and think its so bad to live here. Well lol, I live here and I live pretty damn good, I'm just saying. The Cavs are my team but I am also an NBA fan. I study all the teams, not just my own and you guys should do that to. If you knew how depressing it has been around here for me and other people, not only losing your star player, but he was also your own kind and he also did it so disrespectful, no athlete before him as ever done it. But then you come on this site and read "the mistake by the lake" and all that crap. Real NBA fans, you know the players on the Cavs team are good. You know Byron Scott is a good coach. So, it really comes to no surprise to me. If you look at the pre-season standings in the east....... Its really no different then it has been the last few years, Boston, Orlando and Cleveland on top. And I'm not saying we are going to win the finals but my God, give us some respect here.

G-train
10-14-2010, 08:34 PM

Because they simply do not have good enough players.

evilmonkey
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM

Lets just say they wont be as good as when Lebron was there.... that i can guarantee you...

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
I've been telling you guys this all summer. The thing is we had PLENTY of help but LeBron is a ball hog who dribbles and dribbles and waits until the last second to shoot. Nobody ever got a chance to move the ball and take shots. And it surprises me on here that not more people agreed with me. To many people on here just hate Ohio and think its so bad to live here. Well lol, I live here and I live pretty damn good, I'm just saying. The Cavs are my team but I am also an NBA fan. I study all the teams, not just my own and you guys should do that to. If you knew how depressing it has been around here for me and other people, not only losing your star player, but he was also your own kind and he also did it so disrespectful, no athlete before him as ever done it. But then you come on this site and read "the mistake by the lake" and all that crap. Real NBA fans, you know the players on the Cavs team are good. You know Byron Scott is a good coach. So, it really comes to no surprise to me. If you look at the pre-season standings in the east....... Its really no different then it has been the last few years, Boston, Orlando and Cleveland on top. And I'm not saying we are going to win the finals but my God, give us some respect here.
:applause:

Cavs have the brightest fanbase on ISH

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
Because they simply do not have good enough players.
Cavs are deeper than the Heat.

Dude you are in for a SHOCKING surprise. James is a GREAT player but when the going gets tough, dude makes himself far too defense-able by holding the rock and cutting off ball movement letting the the defense off the hook.

evilmonkey
10-14-2010, 08:41 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/2lawm89.gif

lilWesleyJ4
10-14-2010, 08:43 PM

Dude you are in for a SHOCKING surprise. James is a GREAT player but when the going gets tough, dude makes himself far too defense-able by holding the rock and cutting off ball movement letting the the defense off the hook.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

GiveItToBurrito
10-14-2010, 08:47 PM

3-1 in the preseason despite missing 40% of their starting lineup. Boobie is emerging as a 6th Man of the year candidate. Ramon Sessions has provided stability from the PG position that the team hasn't had in nearly 10 years. Jamison will probably come off the bench. The team goes 9-10 players deep, easily.

Need more?

Cavs, frankly, are a very diversified bunch that no team can look to one player to contain in order stop them. Yes, they'll have issues against teams with size, but 60% of the NBA plays small a majority of time. So it won't hurt them that much in the regular season.

Is it because you idiots want to act like James did everything for this team EXCEPT stunt individual growth from player's on this roster?

Why do you people do this? James is a ball-dominant player that will be exposed in his time in Miami, but that's a conversation for another day.

1. Pre-season is meaningless. A cliche, yes, but these games just mean you can beat other teams' 8-12 guys.

2. Cleveland is still a very solid defensive team with a lot of rebounders, shooters, and bangers. All they need to at least scare some teams is for someone like Mo Williams or Boobie to get hot.

3. They're not playing their starters. Jamison is good, but when you factor in defense and rebounding, Hickson or Moon might actually be better overall players at this point.

4. 45-50 games is ridiculous and turned a reasonable thread about how good a defanged championship-caliber team built around one guy can be without that guy into a troll thread that will probably get deleted. Cleveland could win 35 to 45, though, assuming they get lucky.

GiveItToBurrito
10-14-2010, 08:48 PM

So are the Timberwolves.

jbryan1984
10-14-2010, 08:53 PM
The Heat's depth is weak actually. They have Miller, House, Arroyo and a $hit load of bigs. What other team has, let me count here....... Anthony, Z, Howard, Magloire, Pittman, Haslem, that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 centers! Haslem is more of a 4 but he has played the 5. Pleezebelieve is not saying they don't have a good team, he is saying they really do lack depth. And I mean, I would not have signed 2 of those centers and went out and got some shooters/scorers. Like Flip Murray or someone. If you look at other teams who have done this "big 3" formula..... Boston for example surrounds the big 3 with all around depth. Delonte, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Big Baby, Nate Rob, Tony Allen, James Posey and Michael Finley in the past. You know what I mean, its not ALL bigs. Even those mid 90s Bulls teams, it wasn't all bigs. It was basically Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington and scrubs. Like a good guard, forward and center, not all centers. Scott Burrell, a great shooter like Jud Buechler, those kind of guys. Don't worry though Miami fans. LeBron will probably get you the best record. Just beware come playoff time cause LeBron chokes, Wade gets hurt too much and Bosh has no experience.

Maga_1
10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
:facepalm :facepalm

G-train
10-14-2010, 08:57 PM

Who cares, Heat have Lebron/Wade/Bosh and enough to get it done.

Cav's can be as deep as you like, their top tier is inadequate.

3zazer1
10-14-2010, 09:05 PM
They will win 35 games.

I agree but their rotation is screwed. Jamison cant be the star, Mo gets buried, no low post scoring, esc.

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 09:12 PM
I agree but their rotation is screwed. Jamison cant be the star, Mo gets buried, no low post scoring, esc.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't speak on matters outside your qualifications, clown.

3zazer1
10-14-2010, 09:24 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't speak on matters outside your qualifications, clown.
Clown? Look at stats dumb shit! When has Jamison been a 4th quarter scorer? What was I ****ing wrong on? please tell me. Jamenson has poor leadership skills.
I definately wasnt wrong about Mo. Lebroom buried him! Mo is one of my favorite players but facts are facts.
Please name me a low post scorer. Name me somebody that contends with KG and Gasol on this damn team.

jbryan1984
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree with you on Jamison. I did not want him in the first place. The rumor was Jamison, Amar'e, Murphy or Iguodala. Iggy is who I wanted but for whatever reason it did not happen. Amar'e was the first choice but either LeBron did not want him or they could not get him to agree to sign an extension. Jamison can score 20 ppg but his defense is so horrible. He's too small for most of the other 4's in the league and not fast enough to keep up with most of the other 3's in the league. Now we are stuck with the big contract. LeBron is the one who wanted him though, I know that. LeBron was all over him from the moment he arrived, they all traveled together and shit. Trust me, they did it for LeBron.

Nets fan 93
10-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I've been telling you guys this all summer. The thing is we had PLENTY of help but LeBron is a ball hog who dribbles and dribbles and waits until the last second to shoot. Nobody ever got a chance to move the ball and take shots.
Really? If that were the case he would be like Monta Ellis. Big time ppg low assists. LeBron has the big time scoring numbers but also averages around 8 apg. and appearantly it worked because Cleveland won 66 games.

And it surprises me on here that not more people agreed with me. To many people on here just hate Ohio and think its so bad to live here. Well lol, I live here and I live pretty damn good, I'm just saying. The Cavs are my team but I am also an NBA fan. I study all the teams, not just my own and you guys should do that to. If you knew how depressing it has been around here for me and other people, not only losing your star player, but he was also your own kind and he also did it so disrespectful, no athlete before him as ever done it. But then you come on this site and read "the mistake by the lake" and all that crap. Real NBA fans, you know the players on the Cavs team are good. You know Byron Scott is a good coach. So, it really comes to no surprise to me. If you look at the pre-season standings in the east....... Its really no different then it has been the last few years, Boston, Orlando and Cleveland on top. And I'm not saying we are going to win the finals but my God, give us some respect here.
Williams-Jamison- hickson?
Is that the core?
If you think they are going to be a "top" team you are mistaken. that is around the same talent level as
Harris-Carter-Lopez was( 34 win team) 08-09 Weaker east imo

I see about 35 wins for the cleveland team. maybe an eight seed?

stridge
10-14-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/2lawm89.gif
:roll:

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Really? If that were the case he would be like Monta Ellis. Big time ppg low assists. LeBron has the big time scoring numbers but also averages around 8 apg. and appearantly it worked because Cleveland won 66 games.

Williams-Jamison- hickson?
Is that the core?
If you think they are going to be a "top" team you are mistaken. that is around the same talent level as
Harris-Carter-Lopez was( 34 win team) 08-09 Weaker east imo

I see about 35 wins for the cleveland team. maybe an eight seed?
Sucka, read the thread. Cavs have solid depth at every position. Stop acting like an idiot.

jbryan1984
10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Netsfan, yes I think 7 or 8 seed is a more reasonable assumption. I was merely being comedical with the seeds. Still though, you really never know. I've been trying to find the pre-season standings from 09-10 but cannot find them. I wanted to see how close they were to the actual seasons. Anyone got a link to them?

PleezeBelieve
10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Clown? Look at stats dumb shit! When has Jamison been a 4th quarter scorer? What was I ****ing wrong on? please tell me. Jamenson has poor leadership skills.
I definately wasnt wrong about Mo. Lebroom buried him! Mo is one of my favorite players but facts are facts.
Please name me a low post scorer. Name me somebody that contends with KG and Gasol on this damn team.
In the orginal post didn't I say Jamison was coming off the bench????????

Since when is the cornerstone player a 6th man???????

Cavs as a whole are better than you think. That's not my fault, its yours.

3zazer1
10-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Sucka, read the thread. Cavs have solid depth at every position. Stop acting like an idiot.
This is coming from the dumb shit that said the Cavs are deeper than the Heat.

miamiandorlando
10-14-2010, 10:16 PM
i do wish the cavs had this coach when lebron was there

jbryan1984
10-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I also wanna say I'm glad we got some interesting threads back on ISH! The season must be starting, no more threads about people being overrated and players tattoos.

raptorfan_dr07
10-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey guys, the Raptors are 2-2 in PRESEASON! But could've been 3-1 if not for some late game mistakes against Boston in what was only a 4 point loss against the defending EC champs!! Took them right down to the wire!!

Linas Kleiza is an MIP candidate!

The Raps are a diversified bunch that no team can look to one player to contain in order to stop them! Some nights it could be Derozan! The next night, Bargnani! The night after that, Kleiza! After that, Jack! Wow so many options! Sure we may struggle against bigger teams, but 60% of the NBA plays small so it won't affect us much. I mean, after our rather decent showing so far in PRESEASON, why can't we win 45-50 games? We won 40 last year. Now we don't have to worry about that cancer Bosh who just hogged the ball and stunted the growth of all that wonderful talent on the roster that is finally getting their chance to shine in PRESEASON!! :banana: :banana: :banana: Good luck with that loser Bosh, Heat fans, he's garbage and will be exposed in Miami!

By the way, here's another BRILLIANT post from my friend PleezeBelieve that OF COURSE came true since all his predictions/analysis comes true!

Ok, now that I've seen these pictures, NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE HAS A CHANCE TO BEAT CLEVELAND.....PERIOD.

75-7 in the regular season

16-1 in the postseason

Accept it, b*tches. :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3219277#post3219277

Also, remember when he said he'd leave Insidehoops forever if Orlando beat the Cavs in 2009? Then when Cleveland lost, he was still here? Yup, he sure is a guy who can be taken seriously. :rolleyes:

PS: I hope the Cavs go 0-82 and their fanbase have complete mental breakdowns.

hoopaddict08
10-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Cleveland beat San Antoino tonight.

The Spurs starting line-up:
G. Neal
G. Hill
D. Blair
J. Anderson
A. Mcdyess

(no Duncan, Ginobili, Parker)

What happens when teams play their starters regular mintues? Cleveland will be getting beat.

My prediction: 24-58 will be there record this season.

code green
10-14-2010, 10:40 PM
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/28197/Gifs/fifty-wtf.gif

Aren't you in that 92%, retard?

jbot
10-14-2010, 10:42 PM

Need more?

it's just preseason. while being 5-0 is great, it doesn't really count for much right now.

lakerfreak
10-14-2010, 10:49 PM

My personal opinion is they'll be the "rockets" of the East.

I think they can be a .500 team. They got some good scorers and they all play some mad D. Byronn will help them play good basketball, but without a superstar, they won't be contenders anytime soon.

Ramon Sessions seems like he was a good pickup.

2LeTTeRS
10-14-2010, 10:54 PM
The Heat's depth is weak actually. They have Miller, House, Arroyo and a $hit load of bigs. What other team has, let me count here....... Anthony, Z, Howard, Magloire, Pittman, Haslem, that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 centers! Haslem is more of a 4 but he has played the 5. Pleezebelieve is not saying they don't have a good team, he is saying they really do lack depth. And I mean, I would not have signed 2 of those centers and went out and got some shooters/scorers. Like Flip Murray or someone. If you look at other teams who have done this "big 3" formula..... Boston for example surrounds the big 3 with all around depth. Delonte, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal, Big Baby, Nate Rob, Tony Allen, James Posey and Michael Finley in the past. You know what I mean, its not ALL bigs. Even those mid 90s Bulls teams, it wasn't all bigs. It was basically Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington and scrubs. Like a good guard, forward and center, not all centers. Scott Burrell, a great shooter like Jud Buechler, those kind of guys.

How can you say their bench is all bigs when they bring Miller, House, Arroyo, James Jones, and Udonis Haslem off the bench? Thats 5 quality reserves who don't play center. Seeing that in the playoffs most teams only go about 8-9 deep I doubt their depth will end up hurting them.

Don't worry though Miami fans. LeBron will probably get you the best record. Just beware come playoff time cause LeBron chokes, Wade gets hurt too much and Bosh has no experience.

Its funny how a guy can drop almost 40 points in a series against the Magic, or score 25 straight points for his team without anybody else scoring (and 29 of his teams last 30) against the Pistons, or drop 40+ points in a game 7 loss to the eventual champion Celts and still be called a choker. What else can you expect from a butt-hurt Cavs fan though.

Nets fan 93
10-15-2010, 07:45 PM
oh... so role players =wins, with a very small core of good players? I am the sucka?:oldlol:

I mean Mo and Jamison are definitely not role players and I'm sure Hickson has a lot to prove but cmon. look at the wings: Parker and Graham?
Their center is verajao.

their best role players play the same position: Gibson and sessions.

Mr Clutch Melo
10-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Does it really matter ? Just a matter of time before they tank like they did to get Lebron:lol

Human Error
10-15-2010, 07:54 PM
And it surprises me on here that not more people agreed with me.
It's because you're wrong, you will find out once the regular season starts.

ashbelly
10-15-2010, 07:57 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Ne 1
10-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Lets just say they wont be as good as when Lebron was there.... that i can guarantee you...

If they still had Shaq and Delonte and picked up an adequate replacement for Lebron they would still be a very good team.

Nets fan 93
10-15-2010, 08:02 PM
If they still had Shaq and Delonte and picked up an adequate replacement for Lebron they would still be a very good team.
Delonte is a solid starter but shaq? didnt really do much for them last season.

Papaya Petee
10-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Cool, that post said they wouldn't better then when they had LeBron, which is 100% true, it wouldn't be even close.

Ne 1
10-15-2010, 08:08 PM

Shaq is a future hall of famer and was an All-Star in 2009. He still brings a lot to a team and the fact that the Celtics think he is good enough to play a 19th season tells you something.

Ne 1
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Cool, that post said they wouldn't better then when they had LeBron, which is 100% true, it wouldn't be even close.

I don't think they would be necessarily as good but they would still be a very good team nevertheless. It would also would be a lot more close than people think IMO.

Noyze
10-15-2010, 08:13 PM
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8822/13364119964143920614736.jpg

Papaya Petee
10-15-2010, 08:14 PM
I don;t think they would be necessarily as good but they would still be a very good team nevertheless. It would also would be a lot more close than people think IMO.
45 wins 2nd round exit at best. Shaq and Delonte wouldn't add too much to that team except maybe defense and intimidation, Shaq is washed up, this isn't even 2005-2006 Shaq.

Ne 1
10-15-2010, 08:29 PM
45 wins 2nd round exit at best. Shaq and Delonte wouldn't add too much to that team except maybe defense and intimidation, Shaq is washed up, this isn't even 2005-2006 Shaq.

45-50 wins and 2nd round exit sounds plausible.

Shaq isn't the same player from 2005/2006 but he was still was an All-Star in 2009 and his size and inside presence alone brings something to a team and like you said intimidation.

The fact that an elite team like Boston thinks he is good enough to still play going into his 19th season tells you all you need to know.

Nets fan 93
10-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Shaq is a future hall of famer and was an All-Star in 2009. He still brings a lot to a team and the fact that the Celtics think he is good enough to play a 19th season tells you something.
yeah it tells me that perkins is injured and he was paid the minimum so...why wouldnt they? he helps a team like the celtics cause he doesnt have to be an option on offense.

jbryan1984
10-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Shaq is still good. He had record low numbers for us last year but he is still a presence in the paint, can still score (if he is standing right under the basket that is) and can still rebound. I actually wanted Shaq, AI and T-Mac on the Cavs this year.

Batz
10-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Shaq could be a solid 13/8 kinda guy hell even a 12/10 kind guy with touches. Maybe more.

Papaya Petee
10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Shaq could be a solid 13/8 kinda guy hell even a 12/10 kind guy with touches. Maybe more.
He really can't be anything more. The guy can't play more then 25 minutes per game, and that's in a team with a slow pace offense. If you feed him enough he can get you as many points as you wish, but other then that he really is too old for anything else.

Nets fan 93
10-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I was talking about last season where he was injured for most of it.

blondie
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Any team with Anderson Varejao as the best player is trash

Jasper
10-15-2010, 10:57 PM
They have one shining player that came in during the off-season.

SESSIONS

Scott will use him quite abit ... may even have Mo Williams play the SG /
In other words keep the ball out of Williams hands because he's a shoot first PG.

Sessions like to play Rondo ball , drive and dish.
If the Cav's are smart , they will build around JJ and Ramon.

T_Element
10-15-2010, 11:00 PM
I actually think the cavs have been overrated so far... when your most of your starters couldn't make the starting line up of the t'wolves you know you might be in trouble. Definite contention for worst record imo.

Although i could be completely wrong and they get 38 wins.

jbryan1984
10-15-2010, 11:03 PM
I actually think the cavs have been overrated so far... when your most of your starters couldn't make the starting line up of the t'wolves you know you might be in trouble. Definite contention for worst record imo.

Although i could be completely wrong and they get 38 wins.

If the Cavs have the worst record in the NBA I will shave my head and glue the hair to my face and then take a picture and prove I did it. Just not gonna happen haters. Toronto is in contention for that imo.

Soundwave
10-15-2010, 11:04 PM

Yes I do.

Toronto's probably worse though. At least the Cavs can defend (somewhat).

Maybe Stern will give the Cavs the Pre-Season championship though, lol.

jbryan1984
10-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Any team with Anderson Varejao as the best player is trash

lol why is Andy trash? Because he gets under your skin? In the top 10 for best defender in the league imo.

T_Element
10-15-2010, 11:06 PM
If the Cavs have the worst record in the NBA I will shave my head and glue the hair to my face and then take a picture and prove I did it. Just not gonna happen haters. Toronto is in contention for that imo.

I agree. I believe the favourite is toronto, then followed closely by Charlotte (watch them implode this year), then Minnesota, then Cleveland. So outside shot, but I wouldn't rule them out.

comerb
10-15-2010, 11:42 PM

Trash? Nah. Definitely not a playoff team though.

LBJMVP
10-16-2010, 12:43 AM

G. Neal
G. Hill
D. Blair
J. Anderson
A. Mcdyess

What happens when teams play their starters regular mintues? Cleveland will be getting beat.

we also won by over 20 points... it not like it was a close game.

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 01:23 AM
This team will be very good. Will finally be able to run a offence. Every player finally believes he can touch the ball on a possesion before the 2 second mark of the 24sec shotclock.:applause:

ashbelly
10-16-2010, 01:26 AM
I agree. I believe the favourite is toronto, then followed closely by Charlotte (watch them implode this year), then Minnesota, then Cleveland. So outside shot, but I wouldn't rule them out.

not gonna happen, especially not under larry brown's watch:no:

cavsfanatic
10-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Damn I was hoping this thread was a joke. We gone be coo this season. Lmao @ ppl thinking we gone be trash. We gone win 37-40 games. Jj hickson or Boobie gone win most improved. We do need another Center tho

cavsfanatic
10-16-2010, 01:33 AM

G. Neal
G. Hill
D. Blair
J. Anderson
A. Mcdyess

Mo Williams and Andy ain't play. They are 2 of our starters. Pre-season don't matter but don't act like we played our starters the whole game

Showtime
10-16-2010, 01:34 AM
When preseason becomes the conference finals, let me know.

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 01:35 AM
When preseason becomes the conference finals, let me know.

Why? LeBron actually played harder in this pre season, then he did for the Cavs in that game 5.

Showtime
10-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Why?
Because preseason is meaningless when attempting to project that same success over a 82 game season. They will still be one of the league's worst teams, despite whatever their preseason record looks like.

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Because preseason is meaningless when attempting to project that same success over a 82 game season. They will still be one of the league's worst teams, despite whatever their preseason record looks like.

The "why" really went with the rest of the sentence. But OK.

Cavs have promise. They finally can play a game of Basketball with ball movement. Not just standing around while someone dribbles the ball and awaits for a pass and feel the pressure to make it even though you received the ball with 2 seconds on the shot clock. Or your expected to be hot from 3 and make shots everytime you get the ball, but this would be impossible since you never get enough shots to gain a rythm.(Mo Williams).

Ne 1
10-16-2010, 06:55 PM
The "why" really went with the rest of the sentence. But OK.

Cavs have promise. They finally can play a game of Basketball with ball movement. Not just standing around while someone dribbles the ball and awaits for a pass and feel the pressure to make it even though you received the ball with 2 seconds on the shot clock. Or your expected to be hot from 3 and make shots everytime you get the ball, but this would be impossible since you never get enough shots to gain a rythm.(Mo Williams).

Great post. They defiantly will play better basketball now than before when Lebron controlled the ball and was the teams offense 90% of the time.

niko
10-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Someone explain to the four remaining Cav fans that we don't need to discuss their team anymore. Even your beat writer got it.

chips93
10-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Someone explain to the four remaining Cav fans that we don't need to discuss their team anymore. Even your beat writer got it.

there's actually about six or seven of us

just sayin

but seriously the cavs looked good last year at time without lebron but i thinks that is because it was kinda like a team of front runners

mo williams thinks hes the sh*t when he hits a couple threes and starts acting like he really deserved his all star

jamison and hickson can look like legitimate players at time too, but really anytime the cavs faced adversity it was lebron making plays

the other cavs only look good when we had a lead and the momentum

40 wins would be a great season imo

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm on the Cleavland Bandwagon this year.

chips93
10-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm on the Cleavland Bandwagon this year.

i think you have to be able to spell Cleveland to be allowed on the bandwagon

Nash
10-16-2010, 08:11 PM
So basically this guy wants to show us how "overrated" Lebron really is by saying that Cavs are not a bad team. Dude, Cavs are going to be the first team in history to go from a double 60+ season to shit. If anything, this season is going to show how important and dominant Lebron really is.

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 08:12 PM

Typo.

Oositdwn
10-16-2010, 08:13 PM
:lol

chips93
10-16-2010, 08:13 PM
So basically this guy wants to show us how "overrated" Lebron really is by saying that Cavs are not a bad team. Dude, Cavs are going to be the first team in history to go from a double 60+ season to shit. If anything, this season is going to show how important and dominant Lebron really is.

if cavs suck this year op will try to give credit to big z and delonte, saying 'delonte and z left, thats why the cavs sucked'

Meticode
10-16-2010, 08:16 PM
You shouldn't base anything on the preseason. It's the preseason. It means absolutely nothing except for two things. It helps players who need more playing time get better, and it helps players who need to rest injuries do exactly that. Nothing else.

Indian guy
10-16-2010, 08:17 PM
but seriously the cavs looked good last year at time without lebron but i thinks that is because it was kinda like a team of front runners

They were 1-5 w/o LeBron last year. How is that 'good'?

40 wins would be a great season imo

It's about the average of what we'd expect from any 60-win team without their best player. So yeah, 40 wins would make it an acceptable season. I don't see it happening though. No more than 30-35 wins.

Ne 1
10-16-2010, 08:19 PM
if cavs suck this year op will try to give credit to big z and delonte, saying 'delonte and z left, thats why the cavs sucked'

If the Cavs completely suck this year its because they lost 4 of their key players. Lebron, Shaq, Delonte and Big Z.

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 08:19 PM

It's about the average of what we'd expect from any 60-win team without their best player. So yeah, 40 wins would make it an acceptable season. I don't see it happening though. No more than 30-35 wins.

45-50 wins max.

Indian guy
10-16-2010, 08:22 PM
If the Cavs completely suck this year its because they lost 4 of their key players. Lebron, Shaq, Delonte and Big Z.

And they gained Jamison and Powe for full seasons. Also signed Sessions and a couple more guys to provide depth. From a talent standpoint, it's pretty much the same team as last season(LeBron excluded, of course).

chips93
10-16-2010, 08:23 PM

when i said without lebron i meant lebron on the bench and the cavs with the lead and momentum, its then that the cavs other players looked good

when i said 40 wins i meant that would be my best case scenario, i certainly dont expect 40 wins

Oositdwn
10-16-2010, 08:26 PM
45-50 wins max.
50??? That will likely put them top 4 in east. Do you actually think they can do better than hawks, Bucks, chicago or possibly NY???

chips93
10-16-2010, 08:26 PM

big z + shaq + delonte = improved jj hickson seeing much more touches and minutes + ramon sessions

well z, shaq and delonte are a bit better, but how much this cavs team gets worse is pretty much what value lebron brought, not z or shaq or delonte

Ne 1
10-16-2010, 08:27 PM
And they gained Jamison and Powe for full seasons. Also signed Sessions and a couple more guys to provide depth. From a talent standpoint, it's pretty much the same team as last season(LeBron excluded, of course).

If they can bring in an adequate replacement for LeBron I think they are still a very good team.

Scribbles
10-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I have always said that Lebron was the biggest problem of the Cavs. I always lol when people call him the best player on the Cavs

Skip Bayless
10-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I have always said that Lebron was the biggest problem of the Cavs. I always lol when people call him the best player on the Cavs

Dave3
10-16-2010, 10:08 PM
When this thread is bumped in a couple of months, how many of the people posting in this thread will man up and actually respond to it when they're proven abysmally wrong?

ImmortalD24
10-16-2010, 10:12 PM
When this thread is bumped in a couple of months, how many of the people posting in this thread will man up and actually respond to it when they're proven abysmally wrong?Step up to the plate and predict how many games they'll win then.. (if you haven't already in this thread)

Real Men Wear Green
10-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Maybe they looked good, but did they look 74-8 good?

PistonsFan#21
10-16-2010, 10:36 PM
34 wins is my prediction.

Basketman
10-16-2010, 10:40 PM
My prediction: 30 win tops.

KGMN
10-16-2010, 10:44 PM

Need more?

RAMON SESSIONS and RYAN HOLLINS!
(No bias because I'm a Timberwolves fan. Of course not!)

evilmonkey
10-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Step up to the plate and predict how many games they'll win then.. (if you haven't already in this thread)

30-39 wins.

Dave3
10-16-2010, 11:17 PM
Step up to the plate and predict how many games they'll win then.. (if you haven't already in this thread)
It's not so much the prediction as the "now they'll play so much better" but alright. I think they should win about 35. You think any worse/better?

MrMAgic023
10-16-2010, 11:20 PM
:facepalm

Somes up this post :oldlol:

sbw19
10-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Cavs problem is this: they'd exceed expectations by making the playoffs each year for the next five years. Why? No franchise player since James left. That's why you're doomed.

MrMAgic023
10-17-2010, 12:16 AM
:rockon:

At least there now not called the Lebron Cavs

Lebron gone the city identity is back n there have learnt the word "teamwork" again

jbryan1984
10-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Now that I've got a chance to see most of the teams play in the pre-season, I seriously believe the Cavs will have the 6, 7 or 8 spot in the playoffs. And yes I know, a lot of the teams are not playing the stars or they get limited minutes. Thing is, the Cavs are doing the same with Jamison, Mo and Andy. Our young guys are just blowing the other young guys away. Manny Harris is freaking awesome. Like where did they find this guy? Never heard anything about him and he's like outscoring everyone else. Daniel Gibson almost seems reborn. Ramon Sessions playing the best of his career. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team. If we can get at least 40 wins this year, all we need to do is get a legit center and an acceptable replacement for LeBron in the 2011 off season and we will be right back on track.

Dave3
01-24-2011, 08:36 PM
45-50 wins max.
Care to reconsider? Didn't even have to wait for the whole year to bump up this joke...

To everyone else, read through the predictions in this thread. So many of them are hilarious.

Lebron23
01-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Can Jeff IP Ban Skip Bayless? This guy is an idiot.

asdf1990
01-24-2011, 08:38 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kellogs4toniee
01-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Care to reconsider? Didn't even have to wait for the whole year to bump up this joke...

To everyone else, read through the predictions in this thread. So many of them are hilarious.

Dude the Cavs are doing horrible... do you have to rub it in some more by bumping up an irrelevant thread?

Lebron23
01-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Dude the Cavs are doing horrible... do you have to rub it in some more by bumping up an irrelevant thread?

This is a hilarious thread. Some of these trolls predicted that the Cavs would win 38 or more games this season.

Skip Bayless, Scribbles aka Blader aka Hulk Hogan needs to be ban in this forum. They don't Know $hit about basketball. They are a bunch of retards.

Dave3
I'm not rubbing it in for the Cavs fans. If you notice, almost no Cavs fans made predictions in this thread. The people in this thread never actually cared about the Cavs, they just hated a specific player.

And Plus, I'm Canadian...a Raptors fan, so I'm in the same boat as the Cavs fans, waiting for the lottery.

Dwade305
:lol :lol :roll:

HorryIsMyMVP
01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
So what happens when Miami loses in the play offs? "Lebron didn't have enough talent".?

oh the horror
01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Right, but according to individuals here, they'll just ignore the other guys that the Cavs also lost during the offseason, and players they currently DO have that are out due to injury.

Those things are ignored. You know why? Because people are trying to make a specific point, and when doing THAT, one has to ignore the other facts, that make their point irrelevant.

Lebron is TOTALLY responsible for 50+ wins on his own.

Indian guy
jbryan1984 :oldlol:

oh the horror
So what happens when Miami loses in the play offs? "Lebron didn't have enough talent".?

I'd bet money that OTHER players WILL be blamed on that one.

Lebron23
01-24-2011, 08:46 PM

Good luck beating a healthy Miami Heat team in the playoffs.

HorryIsMyMVP
01-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Good luck beating a healthy Miami Heat team in the playoffs.
But with Lebron on the team all the other team's have a decent chance.

Dave3
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Right, but according to individuals here, they'll just ignore the other guys that the Cavs also lost during the offseason, and players they currently DO have that are out due to injury.

Those things are ignored. You know why? Because people are trying to make a specific point, and when doing THAT, one has to ignore the other facts, that make their point irrelevant.

Lebron is TOTALLY responsible for 50+ wins on his own.
All the other players lost were known about in the preseason. Posters knew there was no West, Z, Shaq, etc. They also knew there was now Sessions, Jamison for a year, improved Hickson etc. It's the same people that ignored those things earlier in the season that are pointing to them now. This bump was only to show the stupidity of some of the posts, not to actually gauge LeBron as a player.

Noble6
01-24-2011, 08:56 PM

about that...

Eat Like A Bosh
01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Look at the Cavs right now

che guevara
01-24-2011, 09:51 PM
You still sure about that?

Lebron23
01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
You still sure about that?

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

t-rex
01-24-2011, 10:31 PM

Need more?

Do you have any stock tips for me? :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
01-24-2011, 10:36 PM
ouch, tough bump ...

PurpleChuck
01-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Epic bump!:applause:

Dave3
01-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Epic bump!:applause:
Thanks lol. Again, it's not about the Cavs themselves, it's about the ridiculousness of some of these posts.

PurpleChuck
01-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks lol. Again, it's not about the Cavs themselves, it's about the ridiculousness of some of these posts.
Repped for owning those delusional idiots.:oldlol: :cheers:

tommy3
01-24-2011, 10:51 PM
When this thread is bumped in a couple of months, how many of the people posting in this thread will man up and actually respond to it when they're proven abysmally wrong?
repped :bowdown:

GiveItToBurrito
01-24-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm not even going to lie, I thought they'd win 25 to 35 games. The bottom completely fell out of their defense, it's like they're not even trying any more.

tommy3
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm not even going to lie, I thought they'd win 25 to 35 games. The bottom completely fell out of their defense, it's like they're not even trying any more.
Nah, I thought they really were giving effort to win the game today, they choked badly at the end lol

Miami2010Champs
01-24-2011, 11:12 PM

i really can't wait. :roll: :rockon:

Stuckey
01-24-2011, 11:13 PM
make sure the picture has him holding a piece of paper that says ISH and his username

T_Element
01-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Guess I was right about this one

coin24
01-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Epic bump!! Repped!:cheers:

I got hammered on here before the season for saying the cavs would be the worst team in the east...:facepalm

Forgot how bad the lebron hate got haha...

Andrei89
01-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Where is PLeezeBelieve:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

B-Easy
01-25-2011, 03:04 AM
great bump ..:cheers:

I knew these guys would suck , but I was thinking more like 30-35 wins ... this Cavs team is actually one of the worst teams of all-time

Even in December when Mo, Jamison, Varejao, Hickson, Boobie were healthy .. they looked like the worst team in the league.

cleveland
01-25-2011, 03:08 AM
there is some stupid ass people here. are you guys seriously comparing this team as the same thing as last years cavs team, just without lebron. this team is currently playing without its 2-3 standard starters game in and game out, and they have lost 4 of their top 10 players from last season. minus the starters and all the injured players right now, how the **** is that the same team as last seasons? they have lost BIG Z (who meant a SHITLOAD to cleveland even at his age and made a huge impact when in the game) and delonte west who right now would probably be a top 2 player on the cavs if healthy. stfu you ignorant fools. the cavs beat BOSTON in the opening game of the season. we were like 7-9 or something at start untill the injuries killed us. you guys really think they lost 15 in a row cause they're that bad. so that shows that even WITHOUT shaq (who is still a huge dominant presence in the paint) that always gave us solid minutes, delote west, big z (whos been here since what? 1996). and now mo is out, verajo is out and a bunch of other players are not playing...last game i watched was last week but i doubt much has changed. for most of this season we've been injured and missing our "starters". hell mo wiliams is our best player and he hasnt played in a minute either. we have some players who arent even nba caliber STARTING. no this does not prove shit about lebrons dominance, because this is not even close to being the same team that played last year. if we had the same team as the one last year, just no lebron, i FUKIN GUARANTEE IT we would be chasing that 8th spot this season. probably would end at the # 9 or 10 seed.
and i will also say lebron is the best player in the league right now, but these lebron stans are pretty dumb.

we are currently about 7-8 players DOWN from last year, how the **** is it the same team as last year :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Scientist
01-25-2011, 03:40 AM
there is some stupid ass people here. are you guys seriously comparing this team as the same thing as last years cavs team, just without lebron. this team is currently playing without its 2-3 standard starters game in and game out, and they have lost 4 of their top 10 players from last season. minus the starters and all the injured players right now, how the **** is that the same team as last seasons? they have lost BIG Z (who meant a SHITLOAD to cleveland even at his age and made a huge impact when in the game) and delonte west who right now would probably be a top 2 player on the cavs if healthy. stfu you ignorant fools. the cavs beat BOSTON in the opening game of the season. we were like 7-9 or something at start untill the injuries killed us. you guys really think they lost 15 in a row cause they're that bad. so that shows that even WITHOUT shaq (who is still a huge dominant presence in the paint) that always gave us solid minutes, delote west, big z (whos been here since what? 1996). and now mo is out, verajo is out and a bunch of other players are not playing...last game i watched was last week but i doubt much has changed. for most of this season we've been injured and missing our "starters". hell mo wiliams is our best player and he hasnt played in a minute either. we have some players who arent even nba caliber STARTING. no this does not prove shit about lebrons dominance, because this is not even close to being the same team that played last year. if we had the same team as the one last year, just no lebron, i FUKIN GUARANTEE IT we would be chasing that 8th spot this season. probably would end at the # 9 or 10 seed.
and i will also say lebron is the best player in the league right now, but these lebron stans are pretty dumb.

we are currently about 7-8 players DOWN from last year, how the **** is it the same team as last year :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

L :roll: L @ U

Hittin_Shots
01-25-2011, 03:50 AM

Who in this thread are you aiming this at? None of the people said it was the same team.... But cleveland were gonna suck and have/are and will continue too. Noone said it was all because lebron left the people your argument is with bumped this thread to show that your teams fans were delusional, theres no way you can guarantee what you just did. Cleveland beat a boston team fresh off beatin miami in their first game, who cealry don't play to their full potential against shitty teams, after a massive ceremony that would've hyped the cleveland players up untold. After all the hype settled down they went back to what they were going to be, the terrible team they are now.

Noyze
01-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Great bump lol.

I know it's painful to believe LeBron literally carried the Cavs.

B-Easy
01-25-2011, 04:54 AM

even if they were fully healthy and Mike Brown was still there with Big Z, Delonte and Shaq .. lets say they were a 9 or 10 seed like you say.. .. thats still a crazy dropoff all because of 1 player.

Mr. Grieves
01-25-2011, 05:15 AM

Yo. I know you know nothing about punctuation, but even if you randomly hit your enter bar to make some paragraphs, that'd be awesome.

Scientist
01-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Real question is did Mike Brown do lebron a favor?

cleveland
01-25-2011, 06:32 AM
maaan who ever made this thread needs to be shot cause thats how dumb just that title is. i havent even read the post. i agree on all that. why do all of you think i am instantly saying something about lebron. cause of my name here? wtf. clear ur heads a little bit stan boys.

Who in this thread are you aiming this at? None of the people said it was the same team.... But cleveland were gonna suck and have/are and will continue too. Noone said it was all because lebron left the people your argument is with bumped this thread to show that your teams fans were delusional, theres no way you can guarantee what you just did. Cleveland beat a boston team fresh off beatin miami in their first game, who cealry don't play to their full potential against shitty teams, after a massive ceremony that would've hyped the cleveland players up untold. After all the hype settled down they went back to what they were going to be, the terrible team they are now.

i am not aiming at anyone particular, just in general. i have been reading too many posts on how this is the same team as the one lebron led last year all over this forum, i bet theres a shitload of them on here too. people saying look at them now lost 20 in a row almost bla bla bla... i agree mostly with what you say though. but that is no excuse about the boston it was the first game of the season lol i dont think it matters THAT much that it was a back to back. if cavs are so bad there is no way in hell they can beat boston plain and simple. listen to this. i bet the current cavs would loose to boston again IF boston played miami 3 nights in a row then cleveland back to back, the way the cavs are right now. forget that hype or any of that shit, its just that more players got injured. its as simple as that. theres nobody half ass decent left to play.

I know it's painful to believe LeBron literally carried the Cavs.

no its not, its a fact. hes doing that with the heat too by the way. when he was out they were like 0 in 4 or something lol. you can make the same argument there too. all i am saying is that THIS IS NOT THE EXACT SAME CAVS TEAM, JUST LEBRON-LESS as the one last season was... NO, HELL NO, this current team is twice as bad, hell its shit compared to the one that started the season.

Yo. I know you know nothing about punctuation, but even if you randomly hit your enter bar to make some paragraphs, that'd be awesome.

got you geek boy.... next time base your argument on my capital letters, that'd be awesome. fukin white people haha (jk)

Real question is did Mike Brown do lebron a favor?

lol @ u

ukballer
01-25-2011, 06:41 AM
:oldlol:

coin24
01-25-2011, 06:56 AM
My point is they just plain suck...

I thought so in the offseason when they still had all there players healthy.

I also thought so when Lebron missed a few games last year and they looked horrible and clueless on the court...

Im not saying its soley because Lebron left, true, a few others left aswell, but they have just given up now and they are an embarassment to watch:facepalm :facepalm

Theres not even a point to tank, there is no saviour in this years draft. They are just losing fans left right and centre...

I do feel sorry for true cleveland fans, as this organisation is back to the toilet dwellar it was for YEARS before Lebron cam, and sadly they will be there for years to come.... The cavs were shit untill they got Lebron, did crap all even when they had him ( Lebron carried those chumps we can all admit it) and they will suck now that hes gone...

In all the years they had Lebron who did they draft? Who did they sign that was actually a decent player????? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

tommy3
01-25-2011, 02:38 PM
My point is they just plain suck...

I thought so in the offseason when they still had all there players healthy.

I also thought so when Lebron missed a few games last year and they looked horrible and clueless on the court...

Im not saying its soley because Lebron left, true, a few others left aswell, but they have just given up now and they are an embarassment to watch:facepalm :facepalm

Theres not even a point to tank, there is no saviour in this years draft. They are just losing fans left right and centre...

I do feel sorry for true cleveland fans, as this organisation is back to the toilet dwellar it was for YEARS before Lebron cam, and sadly they will be there for years to come.... The cavs were shit untill they got Lebron, did crap all even when they had him ( Lebron carried those chumps we can all admit it) and they will suck now that hes gone...

In all the years they had Lebron who did they draft? Who did they sign that was actually a decent player????? :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Hickson > Amar'e :lol

sh0wtime
01-25-2011, 02:43 PM

Hehe!

blablabla
01-25-2011, 04:48 PM
They are tanking it's obvious, i don't know for who, but they are

Human Error
02-05-2011, 11:29 PM
I witnessed.

:rockon:

Human Error
02-05-2011, 11:31 PM
lol, when can I have the picture?

CelticBaller
02-05-2011, 11:32 PM
thank lord for the bump :oldlol:

Lebron23
02-05-2011, 11:34 PM
JBryan1984 = Crack Addict.

PowerGlove
02-06-2011, 01:43 AM
jbryan come in here broham.

VishaltotheG
02-06-2011, 02:16 AM
PlEeEeEeEeeeeeEEEeEEeEeeeZZeeeE BbeeeeeeELLLEELEeeeeeeevVvVVVVeEeeee MMMEEeeEeeEEEeeeeeee

Pinkhearts
02-06-2011, 02:17 AM
my assssshbelly!

PurpleChuck
02-06-2011, 02:24 AM
Full of win and fail at the same time. Jbryan we waitin'...:lol

ashbelly
02-06-2011, 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by jbryan1984

never bet your ass :oldlol:

kidachi
02-06-2011, 04:19 AM

:oldlol:

right "ISH punked me" in your head too

Andrei89
02-06-2011, 04:28 AM
oh PB and jbryan got ownd

Askmeificare
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
dont-let-it-die

:mad:

asdf1990
02-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Jbryan when u posting that pic.

InfiniteBaskets
02-06-2011, 11:06 AM
As bad as the Cavs are, they only have 3 fewer wins than the T-Wolves... It wouldn't be impossible for them to get out of the bottom spot in the standings.

Real Men Wear Green
02-06-2011, 11:17 AM
[South Boston accent]Wikkid bumpah![/Southie]

Man, after all those years of talking all that shit...I feel a little bad for most of the Cavs fans, but PB straight up deserves this.

NauruDude
02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
They will win 35 games.

hahahahahah win 35 games what are you on???

PleezeBelieve
02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
This was not made as a prediction thread. My scouting acumen is unrivaled. I should be a GM in every sport.

I will rebuild my team again. Stand by for my future mission statement.

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
This was mot made as a prediction thread. My scouting acumen is unrivaled. I should be a GM in every sport.

You want OJ Mayo?

PleezeBelieve just stick to your ashbelly account

kidachi
02-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Stand by for my future mission statement.

you sounded like the power rangers

lebob23
02-06-2011, 03:58 PM
This was not made as a prediction thread. My scouting acumen is unrivaled. I should be a GM in every sport.

ME TOO :lol

Nash
02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
So I've not been around this forum for too long but PleezeBelieve used to be a huge Lebron fan? What the hell happend then? Tell me the story guys cuz he went from a huge Lebron lover to a huge Lebron hater?

Thunderstruck
02-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Have you ever admitted you are wrong? I think it's about time you start. You have a lot to make up for.

Andrei89
02-06-2011, 05:38 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Iraqnback
02-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Boy o boy, looking at some of the earlier posts......some of y'all feel real stupid about the Cavs winning 35 games:lol

Dave3
02-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Boy o boy, looking at some of the earlier posts......some of y'all feel real stupid about the Cavs winning 35 games:lol
If Vaerajo was still healthy I think there would be a small chance at 30 wins...

phoenix_bladen
02-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbryan1984

hahahahahahahahaah

CanadaBBallFan
02-06-2011, 07:11 PM
If Vaerajo was still healthy I think there would be a small chance at 30 wins...

Oh boy...:roll:

derb2k2
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Rofl

Iraqnback
02-06-2011, 07:22 PM

no not small, none!:roll: .....but hindsight is always 20/20 though

lilojmayo
02-06-2011, 07:39 PM

When PB talks, we should all listen and learn. Lets see what he has to say, All I know is something has to be done, because this Cavs team is making the entire state look bad.

Meanwhile LeBron is going to clubs VIP with D-Wade and front running for another MVP.

and the Cavs have lost 43 games already oh my

Eat Like A Bosh
02-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Because 92% of the ISH community is right...

Dave3
02-06-2011, 11:20 PM
no not small, none!:roll: .....but hindsight is always 20/20 though
Yeah, but their team wasn't terrible before that Cleveland Massacre, and they were on pace for a relatively respectable record (their winning percentage was hovering around 40%). The team had good defense and were out to prove people wrong. They just got demoralized in that game and it took the life out of them. They didn't feel like proving anything anymore because they didn't care anymore after being embarrassed so badly. A team of Mo Williams, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Hickson, and Vaerajo should have decent enough defense and shooting to win 30 games. It's not like 30 games is a lot of wins. Even the Clippers last year won 29, and so did the Knicks.

Bigsmoke
02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
welcome to the Guinesses Book of World Records:oldlol:

kidachi
02-08-2011, 12:05 PM
thread title gets me every time.. :oldlol:

Javat_90
02-08-2011, 12:06 PM
I still think the 74-8 claim was even more awesome.

PurpleChuck
02-08-2011, 12:14 PM

InfiniteBaskets
02-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I still think the 74-8 claim was even more awesome.

OP predicts 35-40 wins. I'd say the difference between actual Cavs wins and 35 wins will be greater than 74 minus Heat wins this season.

Fatstogie
02-08-2011, 12:31 PM
LOL so funny i was thinkin bout this yesterday. Was really thinkin "damn lebron really is that good. His team went from best record to worst record just like that."

All the arguing i did last year telling people everyone else on the team was trash. So funny. This dude looks foolish too. lol

Quit hating james for what he does. FAct is hes the best player in the league right now.

That being said yea he makes mistakes too often. AS good as he is now he could be much better with correct decision making more often.

lilWesleyJ4
02-12-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm glad I bookmarked this thread.

FireDavidKahn
03-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Need more?

Because they aren't good.

Rnbizzle
03-13-2011, 12:11 PM
hahahahahhahaahaha

InfiniteBaskets
04-14-2011, 10:35 PM

Bump.

Just wanted to congrulate jbryan on not having to shave his head and glueing it on his face. He should thank the Cavs for winning their last two games of the regular, and the T-Wolves for losing their last 15 to end the season.

edhemsoccer
04-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Bump.

Just wanted to congrulate jbryan on not having to shave his face. He should thank the Cavs for winning their last two games of the regular, and the T-Wolves for losing their last 15 to end the season.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Heat007
04-14-2011, 10:43 PM

Need more?

Because they totally suck ?

Javat_90
04-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Its plain evident that team was made for Lebron. Enough to compete for the rings? I think the Orlando Magic in 2009 were their real kryptonite, that front-court mismatch was awful for the Cavaliers.

That team wasnt as bad as some Lebron homers state to be. The thing is, Lebron lacked a real and legit second option who could step up in the playoffs and share the load with him. He lacked a Kevin Mchale, a Scottie Pippen or a late Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Thats the problem.

Those Cavaliers remind me a bit of the 90s Rockets, in the sense of being perfectly built around the superstar, but lacking any other all-stars. The thing is, its easier and more effective to do this building around a Center, rather than a Forward.

But as I was stating, those teams were not awful, not even close. They consisted of pretty good role-players, who knew clearly what they had to do, provided defense, outside shooting and some interior presence. Thing is, all of them worked around Lebron, they were not designed to create their own shot, they were like the different parts of a car who totally fail and dont work without their engine (Lebron).

Lebron James has proven to be a complicated case. One of the most dominant players ever? yes. One of the hardest players to build around? also yes. Its his style, his all-around dominance, and the position he plays in what makes it difficult to build a ring-winning championship team around him. I still think even if this current Heat has more superstars than the 08-10 Cavs, the Cavs were actually better built for Lebron than the current Heat are.

Perhaps readjusting little things in his game: his post-game, learning to play better without the ball, learning to catch-and-shoot...etc, that would him easier to build around.

Mamba
04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
cavs would've won it all last year if mike brown new how to coach. they just needed Hickson to start, and antawn jamison to come off the bench for scoring. thats all they freaking needed. hickson started soo many games last season, was a great compliment to shaq and lebron by not really having plays ran for him, the great rebounding and the hustle defense. they would've owned the celts if mike brown wasn't an imbecile.

Javat_90
04-14-2011, 11:04 PM
cavs would've won it all last year if mike brown new how to coach. they just needed Hickson to start, and antawn jamison to come off the bench for scoring. thats all they freaking needed. hickson started soo many games last season, was a great compliment to shaq and lebron by not really having plays ran for him, the great rebounding and the hustle defense. they would've owned the celts if mike brown wasn't an imbecile.

Thing is, Mike Brown`s offense was based on Lebron-centered type offense, and ironicly, thats probably the best type of game that suits Lebron. Thats the drama of his game and his career.

Mike Brown could have done more of course, but at the end of the day, the system was designed that way, mainly because of Lebron James.

And the Celtics knew it, the best defensive team in the league, knew that the only and most effective way to shut-down the Cavaliers was shutting down completely Lebron. Make him insecure with the ball in his hands, clog the lane so you force him to pull the tough jump-shot, and make him commit turnovers.

Celtics defensive-coaching in that series was incredible, besides Lebron`s quitting and so on..., it was the Celtics defense on Lebron that shutted down the Cavs. And not every team knew or had the weapons to display that kind of defense, the Celtics had the keys and the weapons.

Pinkhearts
04-15-2011, 03:30 AM
ashbelly needs help