PDA

View Full Version : this dre baldwin guy

inclinerator
10-21-2010, 12:46 AM
who the hell is he? he shows up on like every drill i search on youtube. Is he suppose to be good. He seems all cocky and sht, does he even play for a team?

AJ2k8
10-21-2010, 01:43 AM
I've seen a few of his vids, thought he played college somewhere. Seems to be half decent though:cheers:

Maga_1
10-21-2010, 04:44 AM
yea i saw some youtube videos, guy can ball .. but without defense :oldlol:

mika
10-21-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Ox5S9YuLA

ZenMaster
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
As long as they understand the fundamentals and to perform the moves correctly you can learn from guys like him.

I like Micah Lancaster and his videos are always pretty cool I think. Both raw ball handling, but also different moves you don't see too many places.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
10-21-2010, 02:12 PM
He is a good teacher of the game. Has a lot of info, could probably be a personal trainer, or basketball trainer to a high school or college player at any level.

His goal was to get into the NBA, but he simply just isn't naturally talented enough at the game of basketball, to play at that level or even a Euroleague level, or even a decent league overseas.

He played Division 2 Ball in college, and played in a small league overseas. He is 30 years maybe a year or two older, or younger. He is a 6'4 undersize wingman, but he is a good leaper, he isn't a Derrick Rose leaper, but he can no doubt leap, probably comparable to Gilbert Arenas when Arenas was around 22 or so. He doesn't really have elite ball handling skills, just decent. Certainly not NBA decent.

All in all, he got game and you can learn things from him.

However if your looking to improve your game Micah Lancaster and Ganon Baker are your men.

inclinerator
10-21-2010, 03:08 PM
he should play for the d league instead of pick up games he might get noticed

mika
10-21-2010, 03:16 PM
he should play for the d league instead of pick up games he might get noticed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAPfkIgtr_8

inclinerator
10-21-2010, 03:58 PM
so i guess he never got that call back

jbot
10-21-2010, 04:20 PM
he's played pro overseas a bit. not sure if he does now or what. i've noticed he disabled all comments on his videos now also.

thejumpa
10-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Looks to be some sort of combo guard or something. Nice jumper but I don't like his form for some reason. It looks like it's too far behind his head before release. His arms look long as hell though.

I think it's kind of cool that he tries to document his NBDL to NBA adventure. It would be even better if he actually made it.

inclinerator
10-21-2010, 06:30 PM
hopefully he can make the d league and maybe the nba he's getting pretty old tho

mika
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
However if your looking to improve your game Micah Lancaster and Ganon Baker are your men.Both are great. I've got a library full of their dvds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NSwQAGfN5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTv7fv-NXoc

Ghettobird
10-22-2010, 01:04 PM
respect the man for trying to make it in the D, and documenting it for us

O.J A 6'4Mamba
10-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Looks to be some sort of combo guard or something. Nice jumper but I don't like his form for some reason. It looks like it's too far behind his head before release. His arms look long as hell though.

I think it's kind of cool that he tries to document his NBDL to NBA adventure. It would be even better if he actually made it.

Like I said in previous post. He played division 3 basketball for Penn State Altoona, in college, they went 2-25, but was a solid player averaged 9 ppg 6 rebounds 4 assists. He worked on his game for 2 years after he graduated. Became good enough to play in europe overseas as a pro in various small pro leagues. Averaged 16/8/4 so played well, and he was making money playing basketball and was considered a "pro". As of the last thing I have read he was playing in Germany as of last year.

However, if you watch his videos literally has about 600 videos. You could tell that's probably his ceiling solid pro league overseas-borderline D league player, which it looks like ended up being, given the fact that he is 29 years old.

He is 6'4, 185-190 lbs. He is very explosive at the PG/SG as I mentioned before. Reminds me of Gilbert Arenas when he got up. He is long,John Wall long as you mentioned. It is hard to tell how good of a shooter he is, he doesn't have a textbook form, but it is consistent form. In terms of pg skills though he just doesn't have "it". He doesn't have the feel of the game needed to play that position at a very very high level like Euroleague and NBA. His ball handling isn't even up to par with PGs at that level, not even close. Just looking at his stats the court vision isn't there.

It really does show you, to play in Euroleague or NBA, or even major division 1 ball basketball, really have to be naturally talented at the game. Dre has every physical advantage over a guy like Steve Nash or John Stockton you can think of. All 3 of them practice 24/7, However, he couldn't make the D-league, and those two are NBA hall of famers. That's just how it goes sometimes.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Both are great. I've got a library full of their dvds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NSwQAGfN5s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTv7fv-NXoc

Those two really are. Ganon Baker works at all the Nike Skills Camp during the summer where all the top high school players in the country go. There was a video of him working with ROY Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday when they were in high school at Kobe's camp.

I've joked saying if I had no clue who anybody was walked in those camps, I would think he was the top ranked player, not the high school recruits. His is unbelievable skilled, with a lot of knownledge, which is why he works there and as an NBA skills coach.

He was on the roster of the Denver Nuggets training camp back in 2003 when rookie Carmelo Anthony was there, so Ganon can play. However, they said he wasn't good enough to play in the NBA, so they cut him.

He is the opposite of Dre, he has the skillset to play in the NBA, unreal handles, knockdown shooter, has tapped into the minds of current NBA greats like Kobe and Melo. He just lacks the physical aspect of it, he is only 6'1 at best with short arms, not explosive as an athlete, probably a liability defensively.

inclinerator
10-22-2010, 05:15 PM
how about we combine dre and ganon and they make it to the nba

O.J A 6'4Mamba
10-22-2010, 05:47 PM
how about we combine dre and ganon and they make it to the nba

If you could hybrid Dre size/length/athletic ability with Ganon skill set. You would no doubt get an NBA player, and a top NBA player also.

You would probably Monta Ellis with a better jump shot.

mika
10-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah it's hard not to like Ganon's attitude and enthusiasm for the game. After watching any of his vids you feel the need to go work on your game.

L8k3r5
11-07-2011, 01:36 AM
respect the man for trying to make it in the D, and documenting it for us
THIS. Dude can ball and has great work ethic, and props to him for not giving up on his dream to make the NBA.

millwad
11-07-2011, 07:57 AM
The guy is garbage, he talks alot but fact still remains that it's all a load of crap. He played "pro" in Germany, Lithuania and Montenegro but still he never mentions any team by name. He did not play in any of the highest leagues in neither of the countries and still the guy used to talk about how he'd reach the NBA.

nathanjizzle
11-07-2011, 11:20 AM
he played college and fell off....hes not good, he plays pickup games and records them. He records moves and post them up on youtube.

I remember a video of him talking shit about this white kid he played 1v1 saying he was a garbage player and thats how you handle garbage players.

Also his ugly ass is a wannabe model:facepalm

Lebron23
05-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Like I said in previous post. He played division 3 basketball for Penn State Altoona, in college, they went 2-25, but was a solid player averaged 9 ppg 6 rebounds 4 assists. He worked on his game for 2 years after he graduated. Became good enough to play in europe overseas as a pro in various small pro leagues. Averaged 16/8/4 so played well, and he was making money playing basketball and was considered a "pro". As of the last thing I have read he was playing in Germany as of last year.

However, if you watch his videos literally has about 600 videos. You could tell that's probably his ceiling solid pro league overseas-borderline D league player, which it looks like ended up being, given the fact that he is 29 years old.

He is 6'4, 185-190 lbs. He is very explosive at the PG/SG as I mentioned before. Reminds me of Gilbert Arenas when he got up. He is long,John Wall long as you mentioned. It is hard to tell how good of a shooter he is, he doesn't have a textbook form, but it is consistent form. In terms of pg skills though he just doesn't have "it". He doesn't have the feel of the game needed to play that position at a very very high level like Euroleague and NBA. His ball handling isn't even up to par with PGs at that level, not even close. Just looking at his stats the court vision isn't there.

It really does show you, to play in Euroleague or NBA, or even major division 1 ball basketball, really have to be naturally talented at the game. Dre has every physical advantage over a guy like Steve Nash or John Stockton you can think of. All 3 of them practice 24/7, However, he couldn't make the D-league, and those two are NBA hall of famers. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Are you related to this guy? He seems like a cool cat. I learned some moves in his videos.

DStebb716
05-28-2012, 01:19 AM
This guy has mad skills, but he's one of THOSE guys at the gym. I've seen a bunch of his videos and the bottoms of his sneaks are ALWAYS mad clean. Which means one of two things: he is paid as **** and buys new sneaks constantly, or he never actually plays and just stands on his own and shoots around and shit thinking he's too good for everyone else.

jbot
05-28-2012, 04:12 AM
overseas pro i believe. he needs to cut down on the cursing in his videos and his smart alec responses on youtube comments.

theaussieguy
05-28-2012, 05:38 AM
someone said he was a good leaper....i don't agree. He is 6'4 and he is hardly clearing the rim in some of these dunks. I am a 5'9 white guy and I am certain i have a higher vertical than him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX0G4aDkwaM

inclinerator
05-28-2012, 05:56 AM

i dont think he practices that much, if i recall, he says he practices sometimes 1 hr sometimes watever

nathanjizzle
05-28-2012, 11:46 AM
actually his skill set is very bad. hes not a real hooper, someone that tries to be though.

Underballer
03-06-2013, 09:44 PM
he reminds me of those guys at the gym that are decked out in gear and usually just shoot around by themselves cuz they think they're too good or something lol.

Lebron23
01-11-2014, 06:30 PM
He's good, and learned some basic moves from him.