10-25-2010, 02:36 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Willkill24
:applause: nice still douche

oh the horror
What was the point of that commercial?

The Miami Vice segment was fun though, but really....what was that commercial for?

kingkong
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
lol what a big whiny baby

Mr Clutch Melo
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
But Lebron should stop listning to his friends though:lol

TennesseeFan
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I liked how he took a shot at Barkley.

niko
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Nice:rockon:

In before the haters say Lebron is a douchebag:facepalm
Talent aside, is Lebron not a douchebag?

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM

The Miami Vice segment was fun though, but really....what was that commercial for?

This lol

He's such a troll

thejumpa
:oldlol:

I love it. I can't wait to see how many people get offended by it and start complaining. If you have to ask what the purpose is, then you are probably part of the problem and the commericial is referring to you.

Sakkreth
Wow, that's really good.

catch24
Great commercial :cheers:

Quizno
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
damn i never really noticed how big his head is

Mr Clutch Melo
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM

No. He is a nice guy but I think some of the people around him are bad influence on him.

Karl Malone is a perfect example of what a douchebag is.

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
No. He is a nice guy but I think some of the people around him are bad influence on him.

Karl is a pedophile, not a douchebag

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 02:45 PM

That's kinda harsh.

bl2k8
corny

Sakkreth

IMO if u r pedophile, u r douchebag aswell.

Lakers13
That's kinda harsh.

How so?

tommy3
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM
holy **** this shit is nasty

juju151111
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
So you have met LJ and seen him arund his family and friends. LJ moving smewhere else for a better case isn't anymore douchbag then anyone else. Kobe and Mj was asking for trades at one point in their career. LJ gave all the money he made from the decision to charity. LJ is far from my fav player, but he not a villains. am sorry i don't see it.

chazzy
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Chuck reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA
Donut :oldlol:

Mr Clutch Melo
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM

THATs even worse:facepalm

niko
10-25-2010, 02:48 PM

Good example. Lebron is not a douchebag, i buy that. But he is ridiculously self absorbed, and I'm beginning to think he's pretty dumb.

Note: I don't fault Lebron for going to Miami. I fault his dick sucking supporters for refusing to acknowledge that in going there, he gave up something a lot of us looked forward too, someone going after that douchebag (and i think im on the mark here) Jordan as the GOAT. When we lost that, i felt it was sad.

I think another good example of a douchebag with be Wayne Rooney, no?:D

Nash
10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Honestly, it was a great commercial. Stop hating, haters.

scm5
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Lebron's campaign against his critics is only fueling them.

I have a feeling this would all be over if Lebron just ignored it and played ball.

I'm a Lebron hater and I don't think the Miami move is a bad move anymore. I just want the season to start because it seems to have all the makings of an epic season.

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
THATs even worse:facepalm

Duh, just getting facts straight people :oldlol:

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
How so?

He was 19 and she was 13....nevermind.

LAClipsFan33
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Commercial well done. Pretty much echoes my thoughts...Why do so many people get on Lebron for doing what he wants to do ? Let the man live and stop criticizing his every move.

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
He was 19 and she was 13....nevermind.

The grass was too green on that field son :oldlol:

oh the horror
10-25-2010, 02:55 PM

I have a feeling this would all be over if Lebron just ignored it and played ball.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

I know what the commercial was for, but he isnt a politician. Why is this commercial being made? This is like a politcal campaign commercial for him running for office or something. Its simply not needed.

Lebron runs a cycle of yin/yang with his haters. He keeps going, and it adds more fuel, then they keep going, which adds more fuel to him to keep mentioning them, then they mention him, and vice versa.

Well made commercial sure, but now people have to watch a commercial not even really advertising anything in particular, other than for him to address the masses? :oldlol:

oh the horror
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Commercial well done. Pretty much echoes my thoughts...Why do so many people get on Lebron for doing what he wants to do ? Let the man live and stop criticizing his every move.

HE puts himself out there like that. Doesnt anyone see that?

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Its his Inagural Haters Address :oldlol:

oh the horror
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Its his Inagural Haters Address :oldlol:

I thought it was a sneaker commercial at first, but then......it wasnt....It was just him saying his piece or something.

ashbelly
10-25-2010, 02:59 PM

I know what the commercial was for, but he isnt a politician. Why is this commercial being made? This is like a politcal campaign commercial for him running for office or something. Its simply not needed.

Lebron runs a cycle of yin/yang with his haters. He keeps going, and it adds more fuel, then they keep going, which adds more fuel to him to keep mentioning them, then they mention him, and vice versa.

Well made commercial sure, but now people have to watch a commercial not even really advertising anything in particular, other than for him to address the masses? :oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA

:facepalm :facepalm

LAClipsFan33
10-25-2010, 02:59 PM
HE puts himself out there like that. Doesnt anyone see that?

And the haters bite. If you don't hate him its really not a big deal.

I like to watch him on the basketball court. I don't agree with the way he handles things off the court.

At the end of the day he's his own man and he can do what he wants. People are walking around with hate and fury in their hearts because he does things differently than they would have. It's pathetic really...

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
I thought it was a sneaker commercial at first, but then......it wasnt....It was just him saying his piece or something.

He should have just tweeted that he doesn't care what people think of him

KOLBCTEW
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
That was a surprisingly GREAt commercial.

ashbelly
10-25-2010, 03:02 PM
He should have just tweeted that he doesn't care what people think of him

Not everybody is into twitter. This gets the message out there pretty well..

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that he took a shot at Chuck. I'm not trying to hear him taking shots at LeBron all season long on Inside the NBA or when announcing. It's not like Chuck has anything to lose so what's stopping him from commenting on it.

jbot
10-25-2010, 03:07 PM
when it's all said and done, he's still an asshole. a talented asshole though.

oh the horror
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA

:facepalm :facepalm

So basically Nike, sees the opportunity to market "the villian" aspect.

Its just funny, because Barkley almost embraced it, while Lebron seems bothered and bewildered by it at times.

ashbelly
10-25-2010, 03:09 PM
The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that he took a shot at Chuck. I'm not trying to hear him taking shots at LeBron all season long on Inside the NBA or when announcing. It's not like Chuck has anything to lose so what's stopping him from commenting on it.

Chuck can't say shit to lebron especially how his career went.. TNT crew will be making fun of him the whole time his comments will become stupid over time. I can see them photoshopping him in Sixers or Houston jersey already :oldlol:

Soundwave
10-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Awesome commercial probably the best Nike has done in a long time (and much better than the "Tiger" spin job, lol).

The Miami Vice/Don Johnson part was the funniest bit.

Mr Clutch Melo
10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
So basically Nike, sees the opportunity to market "the villian" aspect.

Its just funny, because Barkley almost embraced it, while Lebron seems bothered and bewildered by it at times.

Nike has always had a thing for the "bad boys".

juju151111
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM

Nike commercial do these things all the time for decades. MJ when he was getting questioned for being old after 95, Barkley being a romodel, Tiger Woods etc..... LJ isn't doing anything out of the ordinary, he just has haters. Its that simple. They hated on him because he quoted an article that has him at #1 and said thanks. "OMG OMG LJ thinks he is a god because he thanked a ranking:facepalm I don't see LJ running around with sluts and left his wife yet. Soon has he got that 100 million contract he could of ran for a model looking wome, but stayed with is averge looking girl. Let the guy live his life. I am sure you don't want him to tell you wat t do

niko
10-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Chuck can't say shit to lebron especially how his career went.. TNT crew will be making fun of him the whole time his comments will become stupid over time. I can see them photoshopping him in Sixers or Houston jersey already :oldlol:

Depends on your point of view. In the time where Chuck played, what Lebron did would have been considered giving up on his team. IT certainly is to me. It's only recently we respected people more for taking on lesser roles for more certain chances at a title. So Chuck tried his best to be the leader on his own team, this is somehow less respected than Lebron being at best A to A1.

People need to stop this crap. If it ws something simple, like a playground, and the best two players refused to play without each other you'd call them *******. Stop acting like it's noble.

niko
10-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Nike commercial do these things all the time for decades. MJ when he was getting questioned for being old after 95, Barkley being a romodel, Tiger Woods etc..... LJ isn't doing anything out of the ordinary, he just has haters. Its that simple. They hated on him because he quoted an article that has him at #1 and said thanks. "OMG OMG LJ thinks he is a god because he thanked a ranking:facepalm I don't see LJ running around with sluts and left his wife yet. Soon has he got that 100 million contract he could of ran for a model looking wome, but stayed with is averge looking girl. Let the guy live his life. I am sure you don't want him to tell you wat t do
you can't call me out for calling Lebron a douche but tell me he's faithful to his wife. I have more proof he's a douche than you do he's faithful.

jbot
10-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Nike has always had a thing for the "bad boys".
bad boys = $$$$$.

Indian guy
10-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Awesome.

ashbelly
10-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Depends on your point of view. In the time where Chuck played, what Lebron did would have been considered giving up on his team. IT certainly is to me. It's only recently we respected people more for taking on lesser roles for more certain chances at a title. So Chuck tried his best to be the leader on his own team, this is somehow less respected than Lebron being at best A to A1.

People need to stop this crap. If it ws something simple, like a playground, and the best two players refused to play without each other you'd call them *******. Stop acting like it's noble.

Chuck demanded to be traded from the sixers to phoenix suns because his team sucked, and they granted him his wish.. :wtf: Lebron left as a free agent. which is worse ?

Willkill24
10-25-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoS4Q4nGLkI :oldlol:

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 03:22 PM

Like a lot of people, Chuck lives in the past and likes to take things too far. Instead of acknowledging that it's a different era where players play a different kind of basketball, he decides to bash it and take personal shots. That's the difference between he and MJs comment.

It is what it is, though. I see what Chuck is saying but don't wanna hear him talk about it a bunch. If he goes back to loving LeBron, then I'll lose respect for the guy. I can't imagine that will be the case, though. Kenny and EJ should have some interesting things to say. Aren't they covering the opener against Boston?

oh the horror
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
bad boys = $$$$$.

I was just going to say that. Cha-ching.

juju151111
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
you can't call me out for calling Lebron a douche but tell me he's faithful to his wife. I have more proof he's a douche than you do he's faithful.
The only douche thing your going to name was the decision. He said he could of went about it another way and said sorry. Either way he was leaving CLE. He had more views for the program then Baseball and all he did was give it to charity. Now everything he does is douche.

jbot
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM
The only douche thing your going to name was the decision. He said he could of went about it another way and said sorry. Either way he was leaving CLE. He had more views for the program then Baseball and all he did was give it to charity. Now everything he does is douche.
lbj was a bit of a butthead even b4 he left CLE.

catch24
10-25-2010, 03:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoS4Q4nGLkI :oldlol:

Fvcken pathetic IMO. Dude's lives over there are LeBron.

Noah Rose
10-25-2010, 03:31 PM

I love it. I can't wait to see how many people get offended by it and start complaining. If you have to ask what the purpose is, then you are probably part of the problem and the commericial is referring to you.
What is the purpose of this commercial?

I am offended and will start complaining.

Bag of DOUCHE!

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
What is the purpose of this commercial?

I am offended and will start complaining.

Bag of DOUCHE!

Well played.

step_back
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM
I loved it, some moments especially the Miami vice part made me lol,

Looking forward to seeing an Emo-james this year.

blondie
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
best part was the shot at chuck with the donut:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ZenMaster
10-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Like a lot of people, Chuck lives in the past and likes to take things too far. Instead of acknowledging that it's a different era where players play a different kind of basketball, he decides to bash it and take personal shots. That's the difference between he and MJs comment.

It is what it is, though. I see what Chuck is saying but don't wanna hear him talk about it a bunch. If he goes back to loving LeBron, then I'll lose respect for the guy. I can't imagine that will be the case, though. Kenny and EJ should have some interesting things to say. Aren't they covering the opener against Boston?

Funny, there was a post the other day where someone said that Barkley had a "casual fan" approach to the game. Well this:

"Instead of acknowledging that it's a different era where players play a different kind of basketball, he decides to bash it and take personal shots"

Is literally what most people do on this site in every single thread.

PleezeBelieve
10-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Corny

MeLO MvP 15
10-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Probably the best nike commercial I've seen... wow, so much symbolism/ hidden meanings behind almost everything he says... so well done...

The_Yearning
10-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Still can't hit a jumpshot.

Doranku
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
:oldlol: @ this whiny shit. Are you guys honestly being serious when you say, "Great commercial", "Well done", ":applause: "? Like.. really? :oldlol:

CJ Mustard
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Great commercial.

The hate Lebron's getting is pathetic. I feel bad for the people who get mad and annoyed by everything Lebron does more than Lebron though.

BallsOut
10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Probably the best nike commercial I've seen... wow, so much symbolism/ hidden meanings behind almost everything he says... so well done...

Too bad it doesn't translate to real life. Things would be a lot better for him if Lebron had Nike running his PR.

Calabis
10-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Nice commercial, I find it comical, how much hate is being generated toward this guy. I wanted him to come to the Bulls(First Wade though), but when he didn't, I wasn't mad at him....dude wants to win and no top FA's were going to come to Cleveland, he tried to get Bosh, Bosh basically told him anywhere but Cleveland.

Does he do dumb shit....yeah, but hell he's still young man with millions of dollars, he is bound to do shit people don't like

crisoner
10-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Nike marketing is freaking genius.

Well played LeBron!

Nike should take over all his publicity etc. from now on.

Hibachi!
10-25-2010, 04:36 PM
such a dope commercial. gained more respect for bron after this

JM720
10-25-2010, 04:39 PM
:oldlol: @ this whiny shit. Are you guys honestly being serious when you say, "Great commercial", "Well done", ":applause: "? Like.. really? :oldlol:

It is a great commercial, the message although is whiny. Trying to play a victim.

crisoner
10-25-2010, 04:41 PM
such a dope commercial. gained more respect for bron after this

More respect? No....but dope commercial none the less.

Sakkreth
10-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Still can't hit a jumpshot.

You mad that he actually can ?

NoName22
10-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Still with his douchebag antics...

chopchop20
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Should I call Delonte my daddy?

asdf1990
10-25-2010, 04:56 PM
best part was the shot at chuck with the donut:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

it was also cuz chuck did a commercial just like this when he played saying he is not a role model.

jlip
10-25-2010, 05:00 PM
This was freaking brilliant. The writers for Nike advertisement each deserve a raise for this commercial. The "I am not a role model" shot at Barkley was FUNNY! I hadn't read the other posts and don't know if anyone has posted it, but here is the Barkley commercial from the early 90's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA&feature=related

RJChPD
10-25-2010, 05:06 PM
:roll: @ the kobe fans in this thread..

NoName22
10-25-2010, 05:08 PM
:roll: @ the kobe fans in this thread..

http://i28.tinypic.com/6h0p78.jpg

Yes, it was only a matter of time before it would get posted.

niko
10-25-2010, 05:16 PM
you can't call me out for assuming he's an ass based on what he does when you are assuming he's a great guy (and of all things that he's faithful to his wife, let's have a show of hands who thinks Lebron is NOT banging hot chicks?). Um, you don't know him either.

niko
10-25-2010, 05:17 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/6h0p78.jpg

Yes, it was only a matter of time before it would get posted.

:D some of those mvp awards were a bit bogus...

TylerOO
10-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Corny

You madd????

ILLsmak
10-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Why can't LeBron say "I'm sorry if I offended you, but I don't regret my decision. I've heard what you think, and I understand why. Now, just let me play basketball!"

-Smak

bagelred
10-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Don Johnson is alive. Good to know.

sixer6ad
10-25-2010, 06:10 PM
It wasn't that he left, you doorknobs.
It was how he left.
Miami > Cleveland in many areas...fine.
Playing with other great players who are also his friends...fine.
EVERYONE F-IN GETS IT.

It was the decision...the self-absorbed, hour-long decision.

Be a man...look the camera in the eye, say you loved your time in Cleveland and tell us you are going to Miami to play with two of your good friends. FINE.

Do many of you not know THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MOVE...IT'S THE METHOD OF THE MOVE? Hell...he does AN ENTIRE COMMERCIAL TO JUSTIFY IT....DO YOU NEED MORE F-IN PROOF? He went to Miami - awesome. On his way there, he totally screwed up his entire image.

Some of you people....

j3lademaster
10-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Why can't LeBron say "I'm sorry if I offended you, but I don't regret my decision. I've heard what you think, and I understand why. Now, just let me play basketball!"

-Smak

This. Maybe LBJ should pay you to be his PR instead.

sh0wtime
10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Fantastic commercial, at the perfect time and with the perfect message to the unnecessary haters.

sixer6ad
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Fantastic commercial, at the perfect time and with the perfect message to the unnecessary haters.

Totally unnecessary, true, when you are talking about real life things: families, faith, education, soldiering, etc.

It's not unnecessary hating when one man has taken every wrong step to get to a new home. It's okay to make a mistake; it's not okay to multiply them by continous, unnecessary dialogue, and million dollar commercials which try to hide the fact that you were wrong. The hating in this situation is actually very necessary, and it is very real. He hates the hate because he knows it's justified.

Driving by the Witness sign dropping in C-town is proof.

asdf1990
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM

-Smak

that is what he is saying just in different words.

VishaltotheG
10-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Great commercial with a simple message: haters gonna hate :pimp:

niko
10-25-2010, 06:24 PM
This. Maybe LBJ should pay you to be his PR instead.
He actually should have just said "I'm sorry how i made my decision, at the time it seemed like a move that would excite and be interesting for my fans but instead it jsut wound up hurting the Cleveland fans." That, and the stuff he said about his knees where he feels like after this contract, he's going to be quickly approaching the tail end of his career so he didn't have rebuilding time.

That shit made sense. The IM GOING TO WIN EIGHT TITLES, PEOPLE HATED ON ME BECAUSE OF RACISM, IM GOING TO GET YOU ALL BACK, etc. all of that was both stupid and obnoxious.

Svendiggity
10-25-2010, 06:25 PM

This.

SinJackal
10-25-2010, 06:26 PM
All he did in the commercial was indirectly say he doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks and that he doesn't think he's done anything wrong.

They might's well call it "The Decision 2.0", since it's the douchiest LeBron appearance on tv since The Decision.

LeBron needs to just be quiet. He's making it hard for me to continue liking him.

sh0wtime
10-25-2010, 06:29 PM
How bout we all just stop giving a damn about Lebrons everyday life and stop speculating how we would do it and just accept him for what he is? A basketball player?

tpols
10-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Lebron is such a ***** and a dumbass.:oldlol: He's just begging for attention. :facepalm :facepalm His ability to ruin a reputation is unmatched:bowdown: He's personally turning the nba into the WWE.

Svendiggity
10-25-2010, 06:32 PM
How bout we all just stop giving a damn about Lebrons everyday life and stop speculating how we would do it and just accept him for what he is? A basketball player?

but that's no fun.

PowerGlove
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Niko? *check*

Doranku? *check*

Sixer9ad? *check*

:oldlol: @ these people. I thought it was funny and attention grabbing, great commercial. Funny how the people the commercial address are in this thread bashing him again. Dont you get tired?

SinJackal
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM

I would if he stopped running hour specials and commercials reminding us how he doesn't give a shit what fans think and that he believes his shit doesn't stink.

I'm even a LeBron fan, despite what it may seem like. I like how he plays, he just needs to stop it with this stuff.

sh0wtime
10-25-2010, 06:37 PM
but that's no fun.

But really, sometimes it feels like Lebron is the real version of the "Truman Show" with Jim Carrey. :lol

JerrySteakhouse
10-25-2010, 06:38 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

No, WE DA BESS?

Skip Bayless
10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
:roll:

jbot
10-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Niko? *check*

Doranku? *check*

Sixer9ad? *check*

:oldlol: @ these people. I thought it was funny and attention grabbing, great commercial. Funny how the people the commercial address are in this thread bashing him again. Dont you get tired?
lbj is damned if he does, damned if he don't. whatever he puts out from this point on, people will twist it around to what they want it to mean.

niko
10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Niko? *check*

Doranku? *check*

Sixer9ad? *check*

Powerglove defending blindly CHECK

sixer6ad
10-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Niko? *check*

Doranku? *check*

Sixer9ad? *check*

This is what people write when they know posters have hit it on the head. Nice post. Solid. Strong.:facepalm

Soundwave
I would if he stopped running hour specials and commercials reminding us how he doesn't give a shit what fans think and that he believes his shit doesn't stink.

I'm even a LeBron fan, despite what it may seem like. I like how he plays, he just needs to stop it with this stuff.

Oh gimme a break, it's one friggin' commercial.

For the most part, LeBron has layed low all summer, it's just on this board any random interview or Twitter post a person does gets pushed to the front page.

SinJackal

A "power glove" is technically a tool after all. :lol

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/wii_power_glove.jpg

No offense PowerGlove :P

Skip Bayless
10-25-2010, 06:44 PM
:cry: I'm Prince James, leave me alone.:cry:

iDunk
Great commercial.

From having 100% hatred for Lebron I am now to 90%. I understand why he did everything but still the way he carried his decisions is just stupid.

PowerGlove
I'm not defending anything. FAIL. I just thought it was funny. I wasn't mad when Kobe had his hate my swagger commercial either. It's a damn commercial.

PowerGlove
10-25-2010, 06:45 PM
This is what people write when they know posters have hit it on the head. Nice post. Solid. Strong.:facepalm

No, this is what I wrote after reading your tear-driven memoirs all summer.

Willkill24
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM

But he's a good person. :oldlol:

tpols
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
lbj is damned if he does, damned if he don't. whatever he puts out from this point on, people will twist it around to what they want it to mean.
How can this be twisted to be good?:oldlol: Champions shut the **** up, get it done, and then talk. Not the other way around. He's begging for it.

Skip Bayless
10-25-2010, 06:48 PM
It was how he left.
EVERYONE F-IN GETS IT.

Be a man...look the camera in the eye, say you loved your time in Cleveland and tell us you are going to Miami to play with two of your good friends. FINE.

Do many of you not know THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE MOVE...IT'S THE METHOD OF THE MOVE? Hell...he does AN ENTIRE COMMERCIAL TO JUSTIFY IT....DO YOU NEED MORE F-IN PROOF? He went to Miami - awesome. On his way there, he totally screwed up his entire image.

Some of you people....

:applause:

8BeastlyXOIAD
10-25-2010, 06:49 PM
sick commericial:applause:

Skip Bayless
10-25-2010, 06:50 PM
But he's a good person. :oldlol:

True, the boys and girls club did get some money and 3 minutes of air-time there at the end.

catch24
10-25-2010, 06:50 PM
[SIZE="6"]It wasn't that he left, you doorknobs.
It was how he left.
EVERYONE F-IN GETS IT.

Get over it. It's just basketball kid.

sh0wtime
10-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Lebron troll much? :oldlol:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5481/kobetroll.jpg

PowerGlove
Get over it. It's just basketball kid.

All summer. Dude has been posting that all summer. Wow.

jbot
How can this be twisted to be good?:oldlol: Champions shut the **** up, get it done, and then talk. Not the other way around. He's begging for it.
i was really talking about being twisted to be bad, not the other way around. he's an attention whore, what can i say?

SinJackal
10-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Oh gimme a break, it's one friggin' commercial.

For the most part, LeBron has layed low all summer, it's just on this board any random interview or Twitter post a person does gets pushed to the front page.

No he hasn't. He's held at least 3 press conferences since then, released over half a dozen statements on the subject, tweeted about it dozens of times, retweeted hate tweets dozens of times, and now has a commerical calling out fans and former ball players.

I wouldn't call that "laying low". And that was all in the offseason. Who knows how much he's going to be talking about this during the actual season. Is he going to give crowds a crotch chop any time he hits a free throw? Is he going to walk down the tunnel flipping off the fans with both hands after games are over on the road?

I can just picture him arguing with fans while he's waiting to check into the game.

Hopefully it doesn't go that far and stops at the commercial. :facepalm I'd like to see him stop acting like such a clown and let his gameplay do the talking.

creepingdeath
10-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I love how he rips on that fattie Chuck.. :roll: Anyway, you can hate on the guy all you want but the commercials just fricking great.

Skip Bayless
10-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Prince James just sounds like a spoiled little crybaby. Wants to act in a way that steer's the mases to believe that he is totally not at fault for any backlash. That those who speak against his attention-whoring actions wants to change him into something he's not. But no LeBron, that isn't the case. These people who were once blinded by your acts are now shocked to see the true petty fake, attention grabbing Prince James that you always were.

In a way. I do blame the mases who never opened there eye's to see the real you from the start.

konex
10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
That is maybe the best ad I have ever seen :applause: :applause:

evilmonkey
10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
:facepalm @ Skip Bayless

Dont worry mr Hater aka. mr fgt, dont feel threatened of losing the passion for your hatred despite everybody exposing you as an immature lunatic, you can continue to hate, its fun for you... but please dont get mad if nobody can take you seriously by not accepting you as a mature & intellectual man.
Go kill yourself..... or at least go back to your corner and start re-jizzing at your Skip Bayless/Kobrick the Rapist Cryant posters................

ALL YOU DO IS SIT HERE AND DEDICATE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE JUST TO BASH ON LEBRON, GET A LIFE? :hammerhead:

branslowski
10-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Holyshit, are you guy's really serious?...Are we really hating on Bron here for a f*cking commercial vid?...:facepalm

Has he done some stupid shit in the past 2months month? Yes....But c'mon man...This commercail is sick...Just like Kobe's "Hate me" commercial....

This f*cking forum...:facepalm

8BeastlyXOIAD
10-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Holyshit, are you guy's really serious?...Are we really hating on Bron here for a f*cking commercial vid?...:facepalm

Has he done some stupid shit in the past 2months month? Yes....But c'mon man...This commercail is sick...Just like Kobe's "Hate me" commercial....

this and + this is coming from a Laker fan the branslowski

repped:applause:

sh0wtime
10-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Haha, so right.

Skip Bayless
10-25-2010, 07:14 PM
:facepalm @ Skip Bayless

Dont worry mr Hater aka. mr fgt, dont feel threatened of losing the passion for your hatred despite everybody exposing you as an immature lunatic, you can continue to hate, its fun for you... but please dont get mad if nobody can take you seriously by not accepting you as a mature & intellectual man.
Go kill yourself..... or at least go back to your corner and start re-jizzing at your Skip Bayless/Kobrick the Rapist Cryant posters................

ALL YOU DO IS SIT HERE AND DEDICATE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE JUST TO BASH ON LEBRON, GET A LIFE? :hammerhead:

I'm actually taken very serious. More than you. Whoever you are. Troll I guess.

The Kobe comments, uh, I really hope you aren't confusing me with a Bryant fan. Michael Jordan all day over Bryant's overrated ass.

tpols
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Man kobe was a villain back then though. I remember people who weren't nba fans knew him for one thing and one thing only: the rape case. He was a hard worker though and he came out successful. Lebron has just said a whole bunch of stupid shit and has been portrayed as a retard for the past couple months. He doesn't have the right to have a 'hate me' commercial.

ashbelly
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Man kobe was a villain back then though. I remember people who weren't nba fans knew him for one thing and one thing only: the rape case. He was a hard worker though and he came out successful. Lebron has just said a whole bunch of stupid shit and has been portrayed as a retard for the past couple months. He doesn't have the right to have a 'hate me' commercial.

when so called legends want to call you out especially barkley and want to make a big deal out of nothing yet if you look up how he demanded to be traded to the phoenix suns because his team was going nowhere, the record has to be set straight.. and this is what he did.. Haters want to clutch on straws when there is nothing to clutch on. Barkley had a "Hate me" commercial too about not being a role model. :oldlol:

tpols
10-25-2010, 07:36 PM
when so called legends want to call you out especially barkley and want to make a big deal out of nothing yet if you look up how he demanded to be traded to the phoenix suns because his team was going nowhere, the record has to be set straight.. and this is what he did.. Haters want to clutch on straws when there is nothing to clutch on. Barkley had a "Hate me" commercial too about not being a role model. :oldlol:
Barkley is a real ass dude though. He speaks his mind and he doesn't give a **** what people think. As dave chapelle would say he keeps it real.

Lebron is acting fake as shit. He all of a sudden developed this persona over the summer. Barkley was a hardass his whole life. You don't see the difference?

StacksOnDeck
10-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Would have been better if they went the complete serious route. Forced comedy was lame. Good commercial though.

LBJMVP
10-25-2010, 07:42 PM
It was how he left.
EVERYONE F-IN GETS IT.

Some of you people....

this is what i thought.

the only thing he has said about cleveland is
"yah me and my friends used to hate that city"... seriously come on.
it was a creative commercial and you should tell cleveland how much fun we had.... and seriously if my friends made my life choices for me than i would be screwed up so just cause they are you friends you don't have to listen.

and it probly took him a month to write that poem

crisoner
10-25-2010, 08:01 PM
It was how he left.
EVERYONE F-IN GETS IT.

Some of you people....

THIS

lol

I still like this commercial though. Just Nike marketing at it's best.
But hit the nail on the head with that post...thing is LeBron cares less. Gunna keep twisting the facts etc.

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Funny, there was a post the other day where someone said that Barkley had a "casual fan" approach to the game. Well this:

"Instead of acknowledging that it's a different era where players play a different kind of basketball, he decides to bash it and take personal shots"

Is literally what most people do on this site in every single thread.

Yeah it's sad but it is what it is. Most casual fans have this kind of approach to the game but I would expect an older, former player to be different. Oh well....I still love Chuck there is a difference between keeping it real and being a bitter jackass.

Hihater
10-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah it's sad but it is what it is. Most casual fans have this kind of approach to the game but I would expect an older, former player to be different. Oh well....I still love Chuck there is a difference between keeping it real and being a bitter jackass.
How was chuck being a jackass when everything he said was true? and almost every basketball fan agree with him.

Geezer
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Is it possible to come out and say that I like both Kobe AND LeBron? Or will I get assassinated by their legions of blind fans who feel they have to hate BOTH players and can't just appreciate the greatness of what they both can do on a basketball court?

Geezer
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Great commercial btw :pimp:

niko
10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
i guess magic, bird, and MJ are also bitter jackasses. and the majority of fans. basically everyone who is not a heat fan.

PowerGlove
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
:facepalm

HisJoeness
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Chill, people weren't worried about Kobe when he was raw doggin' Kelly Kapowski in Denver, Let Bron live. What that dude does doesn't affect you.

Bosnian Sajo
10-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Really was a good commercial.

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 08:44 PM
i guess magic, bird, and MJ are also bitter jackasses. and the majority of fans. basically everyone who is not a heat fan.

If you can't tell the difference between Chucks comments and Birds,Magics, and MJs comments, then I don't know what to tell you.

niko
10-25-2010, 09:02 PM
dude, you think everything every player ever did is great. i think you get paid for PR.

PowerGlove
10-25-2010, 09:03 PM
dude, you think everything every player ever did is great. i think you get paid for PR.
:oldlol: Come up with something better than that. I wish I got paid for PR, I aint even gonna lie.

PHILA
10-25-2010, 09:05 PM
If you can't tell the difference between Chucks comments and Birds,Magics, and MJs comments, then I don't know what to tell you.

Apparently some believe the empty tables at the HOF was a subtle shot at Jordan.

thejumpa
10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Apparently some believe the empty tables at the HOF was a subtle shot at Jordan.

Nah....I don't think so. Jordan didn't even say anything remotely bad or offending. He gave his opinion and was respectful when doing so. Same goes for Bird and Magic. Furthermore, I doubt Nike would let LeBron take a shot at MJ---a person who they are business partners with. That's reaching at it's finest.

Vragrant
10-25-2010, 09:43 PM

Precisely. Its funny how so many people are thinking Lebron made this commercial to make people like him. That wasn't the point of the commercial at all.

Doranku
10-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Precisely. Its funny how so many people are thinking Lebron made this commercial to make people like him. That wasn't the point of the commercial at all.

So what was the point, then? I'm still failing to understand it. Educate me.

FireMcFailPlease
10-25-2010, 09:54 PM
great commercial.

paintingshade
10-25-2010, 10:01 PM
I don't understand why people are saying "great commercial". It's a self defeating concept. If he TRULY doesn't care how he's viewed, then why have a commercial like that? He obviously cares about his image, and the bad press has affected him. This commercial is pretty sad, and even worse that it will probably work on all the sheep out there.

Vragrant
10-25-2010, 10:11 PM
So what was the point, then? I'm still failing to understand it. Educate me.

Lebron starts of the commercial admitting he's not perfect and he's made mistakes.

By the end of the commercial he says:

"Should I be who you want me to be?"

Lebron is basically saying he's not perfect but he's going to live his own life, and he's not going to apologize for it. Or, as some other poster said perfectly, "haters gonna hate".

I like the fact, that to illustrate this the commercial shows him in a million different roles and costumes. Also, if you listen to some of the questions he asks they sound purely rhetorical.

"Did I really ruin my legacy?" You can tell the way he asked it Lebron doesn't believe that for a second.

Gundress
10-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Stupid commercial, an attention whore.

paintingshade
10-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Lebron starts of the commercial admitting he's not perfect and he's made mistakes.

Lebron is basically saying he's not perfect but he's going to live his own life, and he's not going to apologize for it. Or, as some other poster said perfectly, "haters gonna hate".

I like the fact, that to illustrate this the commercial shows him in a million different roles and costumes. Also, if you listen to some of the questions he asks they sound purely rhetorical.

"Did I really ruin my legacy?" You can tell the way he asked it Lebron doesn't believe that for a second.

if he didn't believe he had jeopardized his legacy, he wouldn't have made the commercial. sad attempt to save face. if he didn't want a media circus, he wouldn't have done the decision. he brought this upon himself, if he didn't expect this it's his own (and his friends') ignorant fault.

InfiniteBaskets
10-25-2010, 10:19 PM

I fully agree.

And from a Nike standpoint: come buy our product if you live your life by taking control of what you want.

PowerGlove
10-25-2010, 10:25 PM
if he didn't believe he had jeopardized his legacy, he wouldn't have made the commercial. sad attempt to save face. if he didn't want a media circus, he wouldn't have done the decision. he brought this upon himself, if he didn't expect this it's his own (and his friends') ignorant fault.
:roll: @ people in this thread behaving in the same manner the commercial addresses.

TheAnchorman
10-25-2010, 10:28 PM
great commercial, funny as well, love the shot he took at chuck :roll: Can't wait for the regular season tomorrow, I'm gonna have my league pass stream, my TNT online stream, and my fantasy bball home page on all at the same time :rockon:

DuMa
10-25-2010, 10:37 PM
cool commercial to address his haters. hate was and is still unwarranted except for the decision show.

in other news, i tried on those lebron 8s in Tokyo the other day. felt nice but they wanted 20,000 Yen for those. ($250 USD). Way too much for Lebrons.

paintingshade
10-25-2010, 10:37 PM
:roll: @ people in this thread behaving in the same manner the commercial addresses.

http://www.israelicombattraining.com/sheep.jpg

juju151111
10-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I fully agree.

And from a Nike standpoint: come buy our product if you live your life by taking control of what you want.
Exactly, Nike continue to make Goat commercial.

juju151111
10-25-2010, 11:05 PM
it's funny to me, because they are just making LJ seem like he was right. If you actually listen to the Commercial he explains everything.. He i basically admitting that the Decision hour special was a mistake and he wasn't Perfect, but going to Miami is his decision andn his life. He was wearing all those costumes showing what people want him to be, but he isn't. It's funny how i hated LJ before, but now i kinda routing for him. Haters are just so dumb.

Jr Llaban
10-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Amazing commercial.

the chuck spoof was my favorite part.

lpublic_enemyl
10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
i like the mj commercials better, still it was a good commercial however it kinda like weird cause he says he doesn't care but he obviously cared enuff to do the commercial. too much speculation play basketball and win on all levels all the other shit will fall into place...

Lebron23
10-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Good Commercial.

AirTupac
10-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Hmm i came here thinking "Oh god, another one of these LeBron threads, probably him trolling something" but it turns out that the commercial is really good. I like what he did and that he understands what happened these past few months. I was beginning to think he was still in his protective bubble.

Very good commercial. :applause:

Doranku
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
LMAO

Shut up Clown!!!

Err... this was his post:

Hmm i came here thinking "Oh god, another one of these LeBron threads, probably him trolling something" but it turns out that the commercial is really good. I like what he did and that he understands what happened these past few months. I was beginning to think he was still in his protective bubble.

Very good commercial.

:confusedshrug:

AirTupac
10-25-2010, 11:21 PM
LMAO

Shut up Clown!!!

What? :violin:

Lakers13
10-25-2010, 11:21 PM
LMAO

Shut up Clown!!!

He says the same thing you said, great commercial, does that make you a clown as well?:facepalm

Lebron23
10-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Err... this was his post:

Very good commercial.

Thanks man. I didn't read his post

I already put him on my ignore lists a couple of weeks ago.

AirTupac
10-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks man. I didn't read his post

I already put him on my ignore lists a couple of weeks ago.

I bet you put a lot of people on your ignore list (majority who are Kobe fans). Pathetic to say the least. :roll:

Lebron23
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I bet you put a lot of people on your ignore list (majority who are Kobe fans). Pathetic to say the least. :roll:

I removed you from my ignore list.

My Ignore Lists

Noah Rose
Deeznuts

AirTupac
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I removed you from my ignore list.

My Ignore Lists

Noah Rose
Deeznuts

Lol can i ask why you put me there in the first place? :cry:

Lebron23
10-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Lol can i ask why you put me there in the first place? :cry:

I really have no idea. You seem like a very cool poster.

Juges8932
10-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Great commercial :cheers:

That's what I thought too. Very good.

OldTerp
10-26-2010, 12:09 AM
that is what he is saying just in different words.

I agree, but he also had to take shots at Charles and Jordan. Yes, Jordan. For those of you that don't realize it the hall of fame scene and the statements "do you want to see my shinny shoes" and "should I just sell shoes" were directed at Jordan.

coin24
10-26-2010, 12:16 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

I actually enjoyed the commercial.. Its good to see he is actually aware of everything that is going on..

:facepalm :facepalm At all the losers going on about his "legacy" ... I just enjoy watching him play, as long as he's happy i dont give a shit who he plays for.. Even better its with wade and bosh, more exciting to watch:cheers:

Knoe Itawl
10-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Good commercial. The funny thing is how many people try to pretend that they wouldn't be aiming the same amount of hatred towards him if he hadn't done the Decision. Even if he had called a small press conference, cried before the cameras and said how hurt he was to leave Cleveland, most of the same people would still criticize him just as much. Only they would focus more on the secondary supposed reasons he's a "douchebag" - he's chasing rings, he ruined his legacy, blah blah blah instead. Or they wold complain he was being "fake" in the press conference.

Personally, I feel the Decision was horribly thought out and poorly executed but really if that's the worst thing he ever does, then I'd say he turned out pretty well. It deserved a "Wow, that was handled horribly. He should have announced his departure from Cleveland totally differently", not attempts at character assassination months after the fact. And tI'd say that about ANY player.

There are (misguided) people who legitimately dislike what Lebron did for what they feel are valid reasons. Then there's a whole other group of people who have seized on this as a way of piling on the negativity because they have a vested interest in diminishing his legacy as a player. Something NO 25 yr old in the prime of his career could ever do simply from switching teams. His legacy is and should be built by what he does on the court. Period. Everything else is just nonsense.

knightfall88
10-26-2010, 12:44 AM

He's fcking other people u moron.

Scuba Steve
10-26-2010, 12:53 AM
This is not just because I am a Miami fan, though that was one of the best basketball commercials I've ever seen.

PurpleChuck
10-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Sick commercial!:applause:

Alonzo Magic
10-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Meh, I've seen better.

paintingshade
10-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Good commercial. The funny thing is how many people try to pretend that they wouldn't be aiming the same amount of hatred towards him if he hadn't done the Decision. Even if he had called a small press conference, cried before the cameras and said how hurt he was to leave Cleveland, most of the same people would still criticize him just as much. Only they would focus more on the secondary supposed reasons he's a "douchebag" - he's chasing rings, he ruined his legacy, blah blah blah instead. Or they wold complain he was being "fake" in the press conference.

Personally, I feel the Decision was horribly thought out and poorly executed but really if that's the worst thing he ever does, then I'd say he turned out pretty well. It deserved a "Wow, that was handled horribly. He should have announced his departure from Cleveland totally differently", not attempts at character assassination months after the fact. And tI'd say that about ANY player.

There are (misguided) people who legitimately dislike what Lebron did for what they feel are valid reasons. Then there's a whole other group of people who have seized on this as a way of piling on the negativity because they have a vested interest in diminishing his legacy as a player. Something NO 25 yr old in the prime of his career could ever do simply from switching teams. His legacy is and should be built by what he does on the court. Period. Everything else is just nonsense.

:roll: the thing is, this commercial is a FURTHER self-indulgence. people think this is lebron just getting infront of a camera and telling us how he feels, when what it really is a bunch of PR professionals at NIKE telling him EXACTLY what to say/do. the fact that he's doing it just shows he's butthurt. like i said, if he didn't care, there wouldn't be this commercial.

it's hilarious how easily people are manipulated by the media. one well thought out PR commercial and everything is fine, he's obviously a different person.

JustinJDW
10-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Pretty awesome commercial. But I hope Lebron, Nike and all the other guys making this commercial know that this is just gonna cause more hating. Not gonna solve much.

Probably sell more shoes though. Might get me a pair of Lebrons.

coin24
10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I dont know why people get SO involved...:confusedshrug:

Boo Hoo, conspiracy, PR stunt etc etc.. Cant you just enjoy watching the guy play ball??? The way some people react over Lebron its like theyre actually related or something:facepalm :facepalm

IMO its a cool commercial, I dont need deeper meaning from it.. As Ive said before i enjoy watching the guy play, dont care about his legacy, stats or any of the insane shit some people on here go ON and ON about:banghead: ....

Pointguard
10-26-2010, 02:32 AM
It was how he left.
EVERYONE F-IN GETS IT.

Some of you people....

LOL, it was an hour long show but you guys can't get over it three months later. It could have been three minutes and you guys would have carried on endlessly. Yall are self absorbed - you think Lebron WROTE the commercial and is using it to get personal with you cats. He said he made mistakes but yall think he's trying to justify it. Can yall be healed??? So why not use your energy against you? Read the Art of War. His life, his decision, his work. He can talk about it all he wants. You can hate on it but I guarantee it ain't going to do you an ounce of good. You aren't going to convert the people who like independent thinking nor are you going to convert the people who grew out of hating him.

You better get it because you don't have another choice. Hopefully, you will never agree with everything another adult does, its just the way the world is. Earth keeps spinning.

If his entire image is ruined then what fuel is he working on??? This whole summer has had people, like you, hanging on every word and taking it to another level. If you are on every word you are in some way his fan, whether you know it not. And to further drown you in your own hate, guess who is going to have the most sold Jerseys?

Pointguard
10-26-2010, 02:48 AM
LeBron needs to just be quiet. He's making it hard for me to continue liking him.

LOL, Lebron need only be himself and you need to get over it. Its like your tenth post acting like you are the swing vote in a tight election. He don't exist for you. You think Lebron cares if you like him? Get on with it! You act like you in limbo land for three months - it ain't that big man. ROFL.

chopchop20
10-26-2010, 03:27 AM
LeBron murdered MJ in the commercial. DANG!

Lebron23
10-26-2010, 03:39 AM
JUST BE YOURSELF

http://www.1asiamedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/nike_logo.jpg

Hihater
10-26-2010, 03:48 AM
the video was like 300 people watch this afternoon..now is like 81,000 of people. damn even thought people hate lebron they still going to watch or read whatever got lebron name on it. thats why i think he can still make money off his villain image because he that good!

Kobe 4 The Win
10-26-2010, 04:17 AM
I don't hate Lebron, I certainly don't hate on Lebron. I just don

donald_trump
10-26-2010, 04:31 AM
can people stop pretending its the decision they have a problem with? fans are clearly upset because he went and formed a very good team with other players.
it also gives people a reason to hate because they can read into his choice however they want. he left because he's scared, can't win, is a sidekick, is a douchebag for leaving his home city, etc...

the commercial is perfect. it tells people to stfu, concentrate on their own lives, and get over something as trivial as where and who an athlete plays for. its basketball at the end of the day, and hes still the best, and we still get to watch the best, just at another venue.

TryToBeUnbias
10-26-2010, 04:42 AM
This isnt a bad commercial but certainly not one of the best ive ever seen

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 05:50 AM

I don't like LeBron but Nike department is the best with marketing. This is a well made commercial, as usual.

The reason? You know why ... he's butt hurt at people's perceptions of him now, finally being un-likeable for the first time in his life.

I'm sure deep down he is conflicted still about his decision, so he feels vindicated by having to basically validate himself through a commercial.

Yung D-Will
10-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Just stfu and let ur game do the talking

donald_trump
10-26-2010, 06:33 AM

what an idiot you are.

now hes not allowed to do commercials? some of you on this board are seriously lacking in common sense.

Kobe 4 The Win
10-26-2010, 07:17 AM
can people stop pretending its the decision they have a problem with? fans are clearly upset because he went and formed a very good team with other players.
it also gives people a reason to hate because they can read into his choice however they want. he left because he's scared, can't win, is a sidekick, is a douchebag for leaving his home city, etc...

the commercial is perfect. it tells people to stfu, concentrate on their own lives, and get over something as trivial as where and who an athlete plays for. its basketball at the end of the day, and hes still the best, and we still get to watch the best, just at another venue.

You, much like Lebron, don't get it. It's easier to call people haters and racists, tell them to move on, get over it, STFU, and get a life than it is to face the fact that it's Lebron's words and actions that have brought him criticizm.

Before "The Decision" who's ass was kissed more than Lebron's?

donald_trump
10-26-2010, 07:45 AM
You, much like Lebron, don't get it. It's easier to call people haters and racists, tell them to move on, get over it, STFU, and get a life than it is to face the fact that it's Lebron's words and actions that have brought him criticizm.

you just proved my point. he changed teams. boo hoo, have a cry. who cares? why should anything change in regards to how people view him? it shouldnt.

its basketball. a sport. a simple change of teams. he did nothing wrong.

people are just mad and hypocritical trying to make it look as if the decision was the problem when in fact its that he didnt go to their team or the fact he joined an incredible one.

jbryan1984
10-26-2010, 08:02 AM
I liked the commercial. As for all this talk about Barkley, I think Reggie Millers comments on the night of the Decision said it best. LeBron clearly does not want to be the villain, he's saying he made mistakes, he had fun in Cleveland. He's young so I'll buy that. Its almost like he's trying to apologize to us without saying I'm sorry. The hate from my fellow Ohioans will die down eventually, we are just anxious for December 2 right now. Maybe in a year or 2, the Cavs can get a piece or 2 and we can turn the Cavs/Heat games into a fun rivalry like the Browns/Steelers. If you read my posts, I try not to directly attack LeBron. I just defend my state and my team when people bash it.

bagelred
10-26-2010, 08:19 AM
What does Lebron mean when he says "Should I remind them I've done this before?"

What is he talking about?

JtotheIzzo
10-26-2010, 08:24 AM
What does Lebron mean when he says "Should I remind them I've done this before?"

What is he talking about?

He went to the white high school instead of the black high school in Akron.

Fatal9
10-26-2010, 08:58 AM
:oldlol: at the part where he is getting the chosen 1 tattoo removed. Surprised they added that in there. I thought LBJ lived in a bubble (based on this summer) and didn't know how much people hate on him for that.

DukeDelonte13
10-26-2010, 09:40 AM
:oldlol: at the part where he is getting the chosen 1 tattoo removed. Surprised they added that in there. I thought LBJ lived in a bubble (based on this summer) and didn't know how much people hate on him for that.

He does live in a bubble. He's been living in a bubble since he was probably 14. LBJ didn't write the commercial, Nike did. After the Decision he actually said he was "surprised" that so many people reacted the way they did.

niko
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
He does live in a bubble. He's been living in a bubble since he was probably 14. LBJ didn't write the commercial, Nike did. After the Decision he actually said he was "surprised" that so many people reacted the way they did.

He still acts like he's suprised. I get the feeling he still wants to be loved but he's being marketed like he doesn't care. It's going to be interesting when he walks on the court and people shit on him - how he reacts. He always played in up in NY so people would like him. He could raise people from the dead and we are still going to boo him here.

Mrofir
10-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Fantastic commercial. Some people will get it that didn't before. There's definitely a good point being made here.

Still, I can say that in terms of basketball success, Lebron's marketing decisions haven't been helpful to him. There is no advantage to playing to prove haters wrong, contrary to popular opinion. It would be completely different if Lebron was responding to doubts about the Heat's team success. But he's responding to personal attacks. That narrows one's vision down to the individual. He's already drawn more attention to himself at Miami than Dwade and Bosh combined. Draw attention to the team, LeBron. You can personally be motivated by hate, love for the game, or a sock fetish, at the end of the day the ball has to go through the hoop. And championship teams aren't made of individuals with extraordinary motivation to silence personal haters. Theyre made of a collection of players who share the same goal of winning it all, and are committed to getting the best out of each other. I don't think Steve Nash spends a lot of time motivating his teammates by saying "dude all the idiots on ISH hate me and think I shouldn't have won my 2 MVPs! Let's go crush them to prove my haters wrong -- goo!!!!" Nobody doubt's Miami's team success and that's what makes this all so silly. A more basketball, less enterprise oriented Lebron would be deflecting lines of questioning back to his teammates, the upcoming season, etc. Tell the media you can't wait for them to get to know Mike Miller better, I dont know. Ok I'm done.

juju151111
10-26-2010, 12:03 PM
How about he continues to do his commercials lik every other player:facepalm

step_back
10-26-2010, 01:01 PM
regardless of what he does off the court I would still have him on the Bulls in a heartbeat.

This time next year no one will care, apart from the cavs fans who are the only people who actually warrant this kind of hate which strangely enough don't seem to make threads and posts hating on him.

madmax
10-26-2010, 01:05 PM

LOL, like Lebron never had his fair share of devoted haters even before Celtics series and his "decision"? Lakers and Kome fans always made sure to take shots at him and his stats, calling him a "stat whore" and what not. Greatness attracts fans, just like it attracts a fair share of haters

TylerOO
10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
you just proved my point. he changed teams. boo hoo, have a cry. who cares? why should anything change in regards to how people view him? it shouldnt.

its basketball. a sport. a simple change of teams. he did nothing wrong.

people are just mad and hypocritical trying to make it look as if the decision was the problem when in fact its that he didnt go to their team or the fact he joined an incredible one.

You are 100% correct. If he had The Decision and announced that he was staying in Cleveland no one would be mad. They are mad because he formed an amazing team, not because he did The Decision.

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Lol at the Lebron apologists coming out. :lol

step_back
10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Lol at the Lebron apologists coming out. :lol

???

you wouldn't take him on your team if you had the chance?

DukeDelonte13
10-26-2010, 01:14 PM
You are 100% correct. If he had The Decision and announced that he was staying in Cleveland no one would be mad. They are mad because he formed an amazing team, not because he did The Decision.

No. The main reason for the rage is the way he went about it, not the fact he left. Granted I'd still be pissed, but "The Decision" put it over the top. It was unprecedented and in extremely bad taste.

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
???

you wouldn't take him on your team if you had the chance?

I don't want a quitter on my team.

step_back
10-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I don't want a quitter on my team.

really?

I'd take the reigning MVP and triple double threat on my team anyday. To say otherwise means you either have an all-star at your 3 or your an idiot.

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 01:19 PM
really?

I'd take the reigning MVP and triple double threat on my team anyday. To say otherwise means you either have an all-star at your 3 or your an idiot.

I'll take the champion and a reigning FMVP.

Kblaze8855
10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I didnt see it till ESPN last night. Great commercial. I doubt it airs in full more than 5-6 times though. Like the long Bernie mac one they eventually made 10 seconds.

TylerOO
10-26-2010, 01:27 PM
No. The main reason for the rage is the way he went about it, not the fact he left. Granted I'd still be pissed, but "The Decision" put it over the top. It was unprecedented and in extremely bad taste.

So let's say he does the decision and picks the Cavs. You still think he's a douchebag? Probably not. People are mad because the Heat will dominate the league for years to come. Whether you (or anyone else) can admit or not is a different story.

DukeDelonte13
10-26-2010, 01:36 PM
So let's say he does the decision and picks the Cavs. You still think he's a douchebag? Probably not. People are mad because the Heat will dominate the league for years to come. Whether you (or anyone else) can admit or not is a different story.

Sure. I would think it was stupid to drag out free agency and screw over the team in terms of other deals they could be exploring to just say on TV, "yup, i'm staying." I'd be happy he stayed, but I'd be pissed at the way he did it.

I can give two sh*ts about what team is dominating at the moment, and it's stupid to speculate, especially without even seeing one f*cking regular season game, on which team is going to dominate for "years to come". Sh*t Happens.

guy
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM

He would've been hated regardless for doing "the Decision". It was self absorbed and rubbed people the wrong way. He wouldn't be hated as much if he did "the Decision" and stayed, but he would lose some fans for wasting there time. If he never did the decision and still left, yes Cleveland would hate him. I think if he went to New York, alot of people would hate him just cause he flirted with them for so long. If he went to Miami, it would be even worse because of Miami's reputation as a bunch of a stuck up beautiful people that don't really care about their sports plus all of that legacy stuff. If he went to Chicago, I don't think there would really be any valid criticism towards him at all cause it would've been the best situation for him without his legacy being questioned at all. But in the end, if he just didn't do "the Decision" he'd probably still be more loved then hated like he was before, but of course not on the same level.

step_back
10-26-2010, 02:10 PM

yeah because Kobe Bryant is a SF........:facepalm

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 02:18 PM
yeah because Kobe Bryant is a SF........:facepalm

Did I say that?

Andrei89
10-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Did I say that?

u'r a fkin idiot lol

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM
u'r a fkin idiot lol

stfu ******

indiefan24
10-26-2010, 02:24 PM
take it easy fellas

momo
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Should I call Delonte my daddy?

They should have done that too. Just to say "Fcuk it, we are taking on everything".

PistonsFan#21
10-26-2010, 03:28 PM

You would take Tony Parker over John Stockton and Gary Payton? Thats why you're an idiot

hitmanyr2k
10-26-2010, 03:30 PM
regardless of what he does off the court I would still have him on the Bulls in a heartbeat.

This time next year no one will care, apart from the cavs fans who are the only people who actually warrant this kind of hate which strangely enough don't seem to make threads and posts hating on him.

Exactly. Winning cures all and it gives the typical dumba** NBA fan a short term memory. I said months ago if the Heat come out rolling to start the season the only enemies Lebron is gonna have left are Cleveland fans. The media and casual fans are gonna jump right back on the bandwagon. That's what winning does. Look no further than Kobe Bryant. After Kobe quit on his team and had his bullsh** crybaby "trade me" antics in the offseason he was in the same boat Lebron is in now. That MF was booed the first game of the season in his own gym in 2008 because people were sick of his BS :oldlol: A few seasons later all is forgotten by the fans and media. Why? Because the Lakers are winning.

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Naw bro ... Noah is too important.

Alonzo Magic
10-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Naw bro ... Noah is too important.

Kurosawa0
10-26-2010, 03:41 PM
That was actually pretty cool.

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
You would take Tony Parker over John Stockton and Gary Payton? Thats why you're an idiot
Yeah because Kobe is not the top player in the league :rolleyes: . dumbass.

Kurosawa0
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM

He's not. He' one of the top players in the league. The top player is very much up for debate.

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 03:56 PM
He's not. He' one of the top players in the league. The top player is very much up for debate.

That's what I mean.

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 03:58 PM

That's the point ... after all these years dude is still in the conversation.

Get it now?

Kurosawa0
10-26-2010, 03:59 PM

That's the point ... after all these years dude is still in the conversation.

Get it now?

And? What's your point? Is that really as issue?

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 04:01 PM
And? What's your point? Is that really as issue?
The fact that you didn't get that, yes ... Kobe has every bit the debate for best player in the league as LeBron or Wade does.

Kurosawa0
10-26-2010, 04:09 PM
The fact that you didn't get that, yes ... Kobe has every bit the debate for best player in the league as LeBron or Wade does.

I would say that his position as the best is one as shaky ground as that as of Wade. Still, he's in the conversation. I just don't get why you feel you need to make this point...

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 04:10 PM
I would say that his position as the best is one as shaky ground as that as of Wade. Still, he's in the conversation. I just don't get why you feel you need to make this point...
What makes Wade or Kobe's on shaky ground? Kobe coming off his 5th ring, Wade had one of the best series in all the playoffs last year.

Kurosawa0
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
What makes Wade or Kobe's on shaky ground? Kobe coming off his 5th ring, Wade had one of the best series in all the playoffs last year.

I just think it's clear that there's a 1 and then there's the rest. Kobe nor Wade are that 1.

vert48
10-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Arrogance personified.

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I just think it's clear that there's a 1 and then there's the rest. Kobe nor Wade are that 1.
Then you're irrational if that's the case. #1's with the best record in the league don't go out like chumps in the 2nd round.

Kobe 4 The Win
10-26-2010, 04:27 PM
There are some dense individuals posting in this thread. I have Kobe on my favorite team and LA is back to back champs. I don't care where Lebron goes. Going to Miami is good for the league and it adds excitment. What I've been trying to say is the way he made his decision is what rubbed people the wrong way. Dragging it out and not letting his old team or his own fans know what he was doing. Then every time he opens his mouth to talk about the reaction to it he says something stupid. He is not coming off very good these days. He needs to fire his PR team. Now he's the victim, Boo hoo hoo.

ashbelly
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
There are some dense individuals posting in this thread. I have Kobe on my favorite team and LA is back to back champs. I don't care where Lebron goes. Going to Miami is good for the league and it adds excitment. What I've been trying to say is the way he made his decision is what rubbed people the wrong way. Dragging it out and not letting his old team or his own fans know what he was doing. Then every time he opens his mouth to talk about the reaction to it he says something stupid. He is not coming off very good these days. He needs to fire his PR team. Now he's the victim, Boo hoo hoo.

cool story bro.

chazzy
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
The top player is very much up for debate.

Willkill24
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
:roll:

Samurai Swoosh
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM

CLASSIC

kentatm
10-26-2010, 04:36 PM

pathetic LeBron still trying to justify his bullshit.

asdf1990
10-26-2010, 04:38 PM

He doesnt have to tell any1 what he is doing the cavs dont own him. He was a free agent not a cavalier when he made the decision. I like that lebron isn't saying politically correct ***** shit anymore, I am tired of every1 in the NBA having the same character.

PistonsFan#21
10-26-2010, 06:45 PM

He is not...one of the top player yes. the top player? dumbass