PDA

View Full Version : Trade Bosh please

Screamingdoom
11-03-2010, 05:27 AM
This guy frickn sucks. No post game, averaging 13 and 6 on 42% fg. Went 4 of 12 tonight against the worst team in the NBA. Get this dirt outta Batman and Robin's lair now Reilly.

Addition: Bosh had 1 rebound tonight against the Hornets. WTH is that? Softest pf in the league

Shep
11-03-2010, 05:41 AM
ya, wut is this o'reilly thinkin signing trash like bosh

PurpleChuck
11-03-2010, 05:45 AM
:facepalm

YouCallILose
11-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Who the hell you planning on trading him for?

Yung D-Will
11-03-2010, 05:53 AM
http://www.karlrimkus.com/ice_softee.jpg

+

http://straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/rupaul2.jpg

=

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/its_just_sports/2008/10/large_chris%20bosh.jpg

Screamingdoom
11-03-2010, 05:55 AM
Who the hell you planning on trading him for?

I'd rather a cripple like Oden than this fluffly Bosh kitten

YouCallILose
11-03-2010, 05:56 AM
I'd rather a cripple like Oden than this fluffly Bosh kitten

Ya trade him for a guy who is injured and has played 82 games in 4 seasons, nice plan

Also I think Aldridge might be better than Bosh by the end of the season

QuebecBaller
11-03-2010, 06:04 AM
They won't trade him. Bosh said last spring that is not a second or a third option, you build team around him. :lol

Nash-tastic
11-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Bosh is the main man, they should trade LeBron and Wade first :banana:

Lebron23
11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Bosh should concentrate on playing tough defense, and averaging at least 10 rpg.

Screamingdoom
11-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Ya trade him for a guy who is injured and has played 82 games in 4 seasons, nice plan

Also I think Aldridge might be better than Bosh by the end of the season

Ya I agree with you on Aldridge.

chains5000
11-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Bosh should concentrate on playing tough defense, and averaging at least 10 rpg.
It's not all about numbers.
Lebron himself got 0 rebounds yesterday.

Bosh just needs to get used to playing with Lebron and Wade, he's been a 1st option for a long time.

Kiddlovesnets
11-03-2010, 06:13 AM
Well he is actually still better than Amare Stoudemaire, Lebron made the right decision lol.

Scuba Steve
11-03-2010, 06:15 AM
He has played terrific defense. Everybody likes to talk about how he was shut down by Garnett though go take a look at Garnett's numbers in that first game. His numbers were just as bad if not worse than Bosh's.

Bosh has been terrific defensively, and if his offense is the only thing we're worrying about, then I'm fine with that as a Heat fan. I mean do you really expect a player that averaged 24ppg on 52% shooting to not find his range and offensive game as the season goes on?

Nash-tastic
11-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Well he is actually still better than Amare Stoudemaire, Lebron made the right decision lol.
Bosh can only rebound better, Amar'e is better in every other aspect of the game

PurpleChuck
11-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Bosh can only rebound better, Amar'e is better in every other aspect of the game

Defense?

Micku
11-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Bosh is fine. He needs more time for adjusting to his offensive game, but he is fine.

Yung D-Will
11-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Defense?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/S0aAMBIIiOI/AAAAAAAAKZw/HOkxLITisWQ/s400/Dwight+Howard+Dunks+On+Chris+Bosh.jpg

http://www.bigoven.com/uploads/Marshmallow.jpg

Nash-tastic
11-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Defense?
Not by much, both don't even really qualify as decent defenders

DuMa
11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
they dont need Bosh to have big numbers. the numbers will come in time. hes too good of a player not to impact the game on other things besides scoring and rebounding.

Scuba Steve
11-03-2010, 06:30 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_42w5-R0zz2g/S0aAMBIIiOI/AAAAAAAAKZw/HOkxLITisWQ/s400/Dwight+Howard+Dunks+On+Chris+Bosh.jpg

You post a picture of him contesting a dunk on defense and go on to call him soft? What an idiot you are.

Ruh-Roh
11-03-2010, 06:40 AM
God forbid we actually let him develop into the player Miami wants him to be, and more importantly, the player he wants to become as well as evidenced by his decision to sign there.

And god forbid ISH not receive the instant gratification of having him make all those adjustments in any less than one week of the regular season. Are you guys serious?

Pat Riley pitched Bosh's role as a Kevin Garnett defensive presence during free agency. Literally, comparing what he saw for him to Kevin Garnett.

Obviously, there is a ton of work to be done to make that happen since Toronto wanted him to score out of necessity and he got settled into that role. I'm not saying Bosh is going to be the next KG, but if he can translate his physical assets and basketball IQ into defensive qualities he'll be a great impact on both ends, even if he doesn't get all the highlight film doing it.

Based on what Miami needs of him and what he's used to doing, this is as close to a rookie year as he'll ever have again, and I'm fine with the learning curve as long as he takes the challenge seriously.

nashisbest
11-03-2010, 07:11 AM
I think he is fine.. he's got a jump shot as good as KG's

gasol was soft too... these guys will man up because they have to

AirTupac
11-03-2010, 07:20 AM
http://thechadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ChrisBosh-Avatar.jpg

2LeTTeRS
11-03-2010, 08:11 AM
So....the Heat won by over 30 and we're criticizing their individual players for not performing up to par offensively? Really? Are fans expecting the Heat to play in post-season form in the first week?

Damn the hate for this new Heat team is through the roof.

HiphopRelated
11-03-2010, 08:14 AM
They won by 30

PurpleChuck
11-03-2010, 08:22 AM
So....the Heat won by over 30 and we're criticizing their individual players for not performing up to par offensively? Really? Are fans expecting the Heat to play in post-season form in the first week?

This.:applause:

Screamingdoom
11-03-2010, 08:29 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs564.ash2/148629_1678706933553_1413908526_31774271_3233414_n .jpg

The_Night_Elf
11-03-2010, 08:48 AM

Both are about the same offensively IMO. Amare has a better FG percentage running all those pick and rolls with Nash. Bosh has a better FT percentage and range. Defense I

PowerGlove
11-03-2010, 08:51 AM

Who's that?

SilkyJohnson
11-03-2010, 08:53 AM
If he were to be traded, would Bynum & Prince be considered a fair trade for both parties (Miami & Detroit)?

Jailblazers7
11-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Threads like these are why this forum blows.

TheSituation
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM
he's a soft jump shooting big man. what do u expect? he got to jack everything in Toronto, now that he doesn't have that many shots he isn't going to put up great numbers regularly. he sucked on the olympic team too.

dude needs to reinvent his game to the paint somehow to supplement Lebron/Wade's skills.

Real Men Wear Green
11-03-2010, 09:00 AM
If he were to be traded, would Bynum & Prince be considered a fair trade for both parties (Miami & Detroit)?
That would be great, Miami trading an all-Star pf for back-ups to their two best players.

"But Stuckey's a pg!"

Not really, he's 6'5 and he's at his best when he's scoring, isn't much of a distributor and will never be more than adequate as a floor general. Will be so much better when someone finally lets him be a 2.

And on a side-note, Prince is off-limits. Ainge and Dumars are working on a secret trade, Prince for Jermaine O'Neal. Just wait for the return of Perk for it to happen. I can tll you that because I'm a Celtics Forum Insider.

BFRESH44
11-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Threads like these are why this forum blows.

My sentiments exactly.

Draz
11-03-2010, 10:07 AM
http://thechadblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ChrisBosh-Avatar.jpg

OMG LOLL I WAS TRYING TO REMEMBER WHAT HE LOOKED LIKED!! HAHAAHA

:lol

:roll:

:banana:

lmfaooo good shit bro good shit

Harion
11-03-2010, 10:26 AM
You post a picture of him contesting a dunk on defense and go on to call him soft? What an idiot you are.
don't encourage him. he might find a picture of Bosh cringing from Nate Robinson dunking on him. is there one?

you got that right.
only a championship would shut these haters up.
and after that, they'll all be crying how unfair Miami team is. maybe some will even begin posting suggestions how Stern should prohibit the stacking of the best players on one team ala Yankees

asdf1990
11-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Wade for Dwight straight up.

Screamingdoom
11-03-2010, 10:30 AM
he's a soft jump shooting big man. what do u expect? he got to jack everything in Toronto, now that he doesn't have that many shots he isn't going to put up great numbers regularly. he sucked on the olympic team too.

dude needs to reinvent his game to the paint somehow to supplement Lebron/Wade's skills.

Damn right, if this Boy doesn't man up and be a man in the paint, then he can ship his @ss back to Canada.

RoTM
11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
But if they trade Bosh who will take 22ft jumpers?

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/08/16/308_haslem_081112.jpeg

oh wait

SilkyJohnson
11-03-2010, 10:37 AM
That would be great, Miami trading an all-Star pf for back-ups to their two best players.

"But Stuckey's a pg!"

Not really, he's 6'5 and he's at his best when he's scoring, isn't much of a distributor and will never be more than adequate as a floor general. Will be so much better when someone finally lets him be a 2.

PG: Bynum
SG: Wade
PF: James
SF: Prince

A line-up including Prince and Bynum >>> Arroyo and Bosh. Even though Bosh is the best player out of the four!

As much as LeBron loves playing point, I reckon Bynum would get more assists.

Maniak
11-03-2010, 10:38 AM
While I agree that there is people I would have way rather signed over Bosh, this thread is completely troll-a-licious.

2LeTTeRS
11-03-2010, 11:00 AM
Bosh should not have be traded, but I wonder if the Heat would have been a better team if they signed Brendan Haywood (who was a free agent and on the market) and kept Beasley?

Too bad Bron and Wade hadn't made their decision yet and the numbers on the salary cap (which gave the Heat more wiggle room) hadn't been released at that time.

tmac2k8
11-03-2010, 11:01 AM
It's not all about numbers.
Lebron himself got 0 rebounds yesterday.

Bosh just needs to get used to playing with Lebron and Wade, he's been a 1st option for a long time.

A fan of Faith No More? Didn't think I'd see one on this forum....

Skywalker
11-03-2010, 11:01 AM
what's the point of beasley on a team with 2 27 ppg guys? he'd be bench and theyd start haslem I guess

feel bad for bosh but not too bad cuz he'll win some rings

chains5000
11-03-2010, 11:04 AM
A fan of Faith No More? Didn't think I'd see one on this forum....
There are more actually, Manute being one.

All Net
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
It's clear Bosh is finding it real hard to adjust. he will get better. However the fact his game is not built on playing downlow will not make him as effective as he should be against the bigger teams.

2LeTTeRS
11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
what's the point of beasley on a team with 2 27 ppg guys? he'd be bench and theyd start haslem I guess

feel bad for bosh but not too bad cuz he'll win some rings

Yes he probably would be off the bench but he's as good of a shooter as Bosh is and still has a ridiculous upside. He's not the same caliber on defense but the fact that he's 21 as opposed to 26 means he could be a good fit to keep the team strong well until the end of the decade.

And in my scenario they'd start Arroyo | Wade | Bron | Haslem | Haywood, and have House, Miller, Jones, Beasley, and Anthony off the bench. That team would have been sick.

Edit: Included Bosh in the line-up instead of LeBron

BFRESH44
11-03-2010, 11:23 AM
In addition to attempting to blitz pick and rolls ran by LeBron and Wade...Teams thus far (Philly, Orlando, Boston from what I've seen so far) are doubling the midpost and elbow area(Bosh's usual operating spots) as soon as Bosh catches the ball(mostly in zone sets).

Bosh is apart of the dynamic in which is making Miami nearly impossible to defend. He is certainly having an impact, even if it doesn't show in the raw core statistics yet. He clearly is a part of the floor being so open for Miami's shooters.

Talent prowess is everything. EVERYTHING. I'd rather have a maxed out Bosh over additional above average role players to pair with James and Wade anyday.

ashbelly
11-03-2010, 11:44 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: Bosh is just doing fine. Once he finds his Offense, it's over for this league.

b4ball
11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
I have a question, If LeBron had signed with the Heat before Bosh, would the Heat have offered Bosh a MAX contract?

Ron Artest
11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
There are more actually, Manute being one.

And myself

Parps
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
In addition to attempting to blitz pick and rolls ran by LeBron and Wade...Teams thus far (Philly, Orlando, Boston from what I've seen so far) are doubling the midpost and elbow area(Bosh's usual operating spots) as soon as Bosh catches the ball(mostly in zone sets).

Bosh is apart of the dynamic in which is making Miami nearly impossible to defend. He is certainly having an impact, even if it doesn't show in the raw core statistics yet. He clearly is a part of the floor being so open for Miami's shooters.

Talent prowess is everything. EVERYTHING. I'd rather have a maxed out Bosh over additional above average role players to pair with James and Wade anyday.

Very true... but stats are all that matter on this board. Don't get it twisted. He must be garbage because he doesn't have the stats to prove otherwise.

Magic Vinsanity
11-03-2010, 03:10 PM
We'll give you Rashard Lewis for him...ASAP! :lol

NBASTATMAN
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
This guy frickn sucks. No post game, averaging 13 and 6 on 42% fg. Went 4 of 12 tonight against the worst team in the NBA. Get this dirt outta Batman and Robin's lair now Reilly.

this guy is lamar odom with a jumper but less of a defender and less of a rebounder than lamar... Plus he has no chance defending bigs. Lamar does a better job at everything than this guy except for being a scorer.. But what good is a 7ft jump shooter in the playoffs.. I would trade him for a true low post scorer before the season finishes..:lol

ronniec
11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
His stats goes down because he picked a wrong team

keep-itreal
11-03-2010, 04:11 PM
this guy is lamar odom with a jumper but less of a defender and less of a rebounder than lamar... Plus he has no chance defending bigs. Lamar does a better job at everything than this guy except for being a scorer.. But what good is a 7ft jump shooter in the playoffs.. I would trade him for a true low post scorer before the season finishes..:lol

Lamar Odom is way more valuable than Chris Bosh. L-Odom is excellent at moving without the ball. He doesn't stall the offense by just standing there in the post for 10 seconds doing nothing. His offensive rebounding is godlike, and he hustles and plays better defense than Bosh. Watching some of the heat games, I seriously doubt Bosh is the better scorer, in terms of efficiency. Bosh takes way too much time to make his move and he often shoots those awkward low percentage scoop shots ala Antawn Jamison.
I'd take Odom over Bosh anyday. I'd probably pick Beasley over Bosh as well, this guy literally contributes nothing on the offensive end, has no firepower, soft as hell, absolutely no post game(which is unacceptable for a 6'10)
Bosh=:facepalm

Z Saber
11-03-2010, 04:14 PM
Lamar Odom is way more valuable than Chris Bosh. L-Odom is excellent at moving without the ball. He doesn't stall the offense by just standing there in the post for 10 seconds doing nothing. His offensive rebounding is godlike, and he hustles and plays better defense than Bosh. Watching some of the heat games, I seriously doubt Bosh is the better scorer, in terms of efficiency. Bosh takes way too much time to make his move and he often shoots those awkward low percentage scoop shots ala Antawn Jamison.
I'd take Odom over Bosh anyday. I'd probably pick Beasley over Bosh as well, this guy literally contributes nothing on the offensive end, has no firepower, soft as hell, absolutely no post game(which is unacceptable for a 6'10)
Bosh=:facepalm

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

VishaltotheG
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Bosh for L'Marcus Aldridge and Joel Przybilla. Just Do it.

Mavsfan31
11-03-2010, 05:11 PM
PG: Bynum
SG: Wade
PF: James
SF: Prince

A line-up including Prince and Bynum >>> Arroyo and Bosh. Even though Bosh is the best player out of the four!

As much as LeBron loves playing point, I reckon Bynum would get more assists.
:roll: @ LeBron playing pf.

Rowe
11-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I have a question, If LeBron had signed with the Heat before Bosh, would the Heat have offered Bosh a MAX contract?

Honestly I think they would've still acquired him due to his friendship with both Wade & LeBron.

O.J A 6'4Mamba
11-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Bosh overrated.Never belong in th big 3 discussion to begin with.

krazymofo
11-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Wait til Bosh picks up his Offense, then things will get more scary for the rest of the league

crisoner
11-03-2010, 05:39 PM

Wow how many games are we into the season?

lol

No post game? Come on everyone knew that already going in.

shaq's--lakers
11-03-2010, 05:48 PM
I would rather go to battle with Z-BO then RuPaul

LA KB24
11-03-2010, 05:50 PM
This.

Kblaze8855
11-03-2010, 05:59 PM
Despite the assumption that I hate him myself....

Bosh is getting a little too much hate so far over his performance. Hes doing what hes always done....minus playing on on one. If you remove all the faceup attacks the last few years....hed be a 42% shooting bigman. And why on earth would you have your 4 faceup and attack when you have the 2 best slashers to enter the league in 20 years on the same team?

Its the reason I said Bosh is redundant on this team....but hes hitting a far share of his jumpers. I dont think the 42% means that much this early. I watched most of the game last night and he made like 4 18-21 footers that I was just....disgusted to see a "superstar" bigman take...but he made them. He hits his open shots. He hits them like a guard. The man can shoot.

Ive not been blown away by his D the way it seems some are...but...eh. Nothing to hate on.

I dont think hes playing poorly. I just think he isnt needed to do what he does best...and because of it they could have found a better #3.

Even Shawn Marion in his prime on this team...probably brings more to the table than Bosh. And Bosh is a lot better than Marion was....

But Bosh just isnt needed there. You dont need a 3rd guy who needs the ball and 8 seconds to be a his best. You need a guy ducking to the basket every time his man takes his eyes off him to check for Bron/Wade. You need a quick strike scorer who lives around the basket but is mobile and plays D and rebounds.

As I said...Shawn Marion.

This team plus 2005 Shawn Marion.....the league is over.

And Marion wasnt even that good. But he fits.

G-train
11-03-2010, 06:03 PM
I dont think hes playing poorly. I just think he isnt needed to do what he does best...and because of it they could have found a better #3.

Name a better move they could have made at the time.

Keep in mind Lebron probably wouldn't have come unless another superstar signed with him.

Don't say Stoudemire as he had no interest in Miami.

oh the horror
11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Bosh for Dwight Howard.....straight up.

NBASTATMAN
11-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Orlando would be nuts to do that.. If dhoward took bosh's place the heat would win alot of titles.. And no team would have a chance against them.. But in the world of the real, Miami has no low post scoring and even worse no low post defenders... Not going to cut it in the real world of playoff basketball..

One thing is for sure is that Gasol is much better than bosh..

Kblaze8855
11-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Amare of course. I dont care that you think he had no interest in Miami. I wouldnt care if he said it himself. Nobody all summer stuck to much of anything that was said or seemed likely. Bosh said hes not a #2....now hes a #3. Bron said he wanted to win on the Cavs....left. Amare said for years he wanted to stay on Phoenix. So what? I think Amare is from florida too. 100 million your home state and playing in Miami on the highest profile team in years? No...not buying he doesnt even listen to the idea.

And besides m...far as fitting into that offense? Im not sure both Lee and Boozer wouldnt be better. Boozer especially. He would be feasting on easy baskets. Worse defenders but defense isnt so much individuals as the team. He would compliment Wade and Lebron much more.

But Bosh was the best individual availiable so they targeted him. Its not like...a stupid move. He can play.

And with Lebron and Wade you could win it all without anyone else. So its not like we are gonna look back and say it was stupid to sign him. They would win 55+ no matter what.

Just talking about what would make the best trio on the court.

Bosh doesnt do it. A faceup bigman who isnt much off the ball aside from spacing the floor isnt the ideal guy to pair with those guys. Just isnt.

It will work. Doesnt make it ideal.

Bigsmoke
11-03-2010, 06:48 PM
wanna trade Bosh for Boozer then?

crisoner
11-03-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.swotti.com/tmp/swotti/cacheY2HYAXMGYM9ZAA==UGVVCGXLLVBLB3BSZQ==/imgchris%20bosh1.jpg

Only steers and queers come from Texas....take a wild guess what this dude is.

:banana:

BrentISballin
11-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Bosh for Griffen!!

305Baller
11-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Despite the assumption that I hate him myself....

Bosh is getting a little too much hate so far over his performance. Hes doing what hes always done....minus playing on on one. If you remove all the faceup attacks the last few years....hed be a 42% shooting bigman. And why on earth would you have your 4 faceup and attack when you have the 2 best slashers to enter the league in 20 years on the same team?

Its the reason I said Bosh is redundant on this team....but hes hitting a far share of his jumpers. I dont think the 42% means that much this early. I watched most of the game last night and he made like 4 18-21 footers that I was just....disgusted to see a "superstar" bigman take...but he made them. He hits his open shots. He hits them like a guard. The man can shoot.

Ive not been blown away by his D the way it seems some are...but...eh. Nothing to hate on.

Even Shawn Marion in his prime on this team...probably brings more to the table than Bosh. And Bosh is a lot better than Marion was....

But Bosh just isnt needed there. You dont need a 3rd guy who needs the ball and 8 seconds to be a his best. You need a guy ducking to the basket every time his man takes his eyes off him to check for Bron/Wade. You need a quick strike scorer who lives around the basket but is mobile and plays D and rebounds.

As I said...Shawn Marion.

This team plus 2005 Shawn Marion.....the league is over.

And Marion wasnt even that good. But he fits.

Shawn Marion? :blah

Mrofir
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM

except d

Kblaze8855
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Yes. shawn Marion. The 6'8'' 38-40 inch jumping 4 position defending, 11-12 rebound grabbing, fast break running, fast second jump having, 20ppg with no plays run for him, happy without the ball, busted shot that still managed to go in from 3 150 timeso n 39% shooting one year and at a good rate for 6-7 years in a row, all nba guy who has defended Kobe, Tmac, Lebron, Dirk, KG, Duncan, and Yao Ming at one time or another.

Shawn Marion is the perfect player to go with guys who handle the ball a lot and find open guys cutting, on a defensive minded team that needs rebounding guys you can plug in to fill a hole anywhere in the front court, and heart.

Shawn Marion in his prime would be great on the Heat with none of his skills going to waste as Boshs are.

Best player doesnt always make the best third guy.

SinJackal
11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Give dude a break, he just needs to increase his rebounding. Can't expect his PPG to be all high when LBJ and Wade's aren't either.

They have to spread the rock around more than initially expected. There was no way all three would average 20+

G-train
11-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Amare of course. I dont care that you think he had no interest in Miami. I wouldnt care if he said it himself. Nobody all summer stuck to much of anything that was said or seemed likely. Bosh said hes not a #2....now hes a #3. Bron said he wanted to win on the Cavs....left. Amare said for years he wanted to stay on Phoenix. So what? I think Amare is from florida too. 100 million your home state and playing in Miami on the highest profile team in years? No...not buying he doesnt even listen to the idea.

And besides m...far as fitting into that offense? Im not sure both Lee and Boozer wouldnt be better. Boozer especially. He would be feasting on easy baskets. Worse defenders but defense isnt so much individuals as the team. He would compliment Wade and Lebron much more.

But Bosh was the best individual availiable so they targeted him. Its not like...a stupid move. He can play.

And with Lebron and Wade you could win it all without anyone else. So its not like we are gonna look back and say it was stupid to sign him. They would win 55+ no matter what.

Just talking about what would make the best trio on the court.

Bosh doesnt do it. A faceup bigman who isnt much off the ball aside from spacing the floor isnt the ideal guy to pair with those guys. Just isnt.

It will work. Doesnt make it ideal.

Boozer, Lee and Stoudemire are woeful defenders. Boozer and Stoudemire are also highly injury prone.
Lee is so bad defensively he just wasn't an option. Bosh does everything he does except better.
Stoudemire wanted to be the main man, wanted to create a legacy. He wants to be the best player ever. He is also not the intangibles/leadership/unselfish/winner personality of Bosh.

As you said (and kind of contradicted yourself in doing so) Bosh was the best option. Its 5 games in and he has not found his rhythm yet.

Fact is Miami signed Bosh, and he was the best fit on both ends. Time will tell how ideal it was when Bosh looks at his fingers in 10 years time. I'm predicting him and the Heat will be pretty satisfied, and opinions like yours will be void.

G-train
11-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes. shawn Marion. The 6'8'' 38-40 inch jumping 4 position defending, 11-12 rebound grabbing, fast break running, fast second jump having, 20ppg with no plays run for him, happy without the ball, busted shot that still managed to go in from 3 150 timeso n 39% shooting one year and at a good rate for 6-7 years in a row, all nba guy who has defended Kobe, Tmac, Lebron, Dirk, KG, Duncan, and Yao Ming at one time or another.

Shawn Marion is the perfect player to go with guys who handle the ball a lot and find open guys cutting, on a defensive minded team that needs rebounding guys you can plug in to fill a hole anywhere in the front court, and heart.

Shawn Marion in his prime would be great on the Heat with none of his skills going to waste as Boshs are.

Shawn Marion was a brilliant player but unfortunately would not have been ideal in Miami either as Anthony/Haslem need a lengthy player beside them. He would be 6th man.

The best option is Dwight Howard, either Gasol, Bogut or Andrew Bynum. But they are not available, so an elite power forward is more than sufficient and the early judgements on his game are not wise.

Rose
11-03-2010, 07:21 PM
Shawn Marion was a brilliant player but unfortunately would not have been ideal in Miami either as Anthony/Haslem need a lengthy player beside them. He would be 6th man.

The best option is Dwight Howard, either Gasol, Bogut or Andrew Bynum. But they are not available, so an elite power forward if more than sufficient and the early judgements on his game are not wise.
This times ten! They just need a dominator

Replay32
11-03-2010, 07:44 PM
My biggest complaint when it comes to Bosh so far is the way he's running the floor. He's not running hard enough consistently. I think offensively he will get better and find his comfort zone. His defense isn't that bad and he also can rebound better.

But the dude needs to run the floor way better. He wears that huge knee brace. Is he injured?

But if he ran the floor better a park his ass deep in the paint, he could get a few more easy baskets and/or free throws.

Bigsmoke
11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
blah Blah blah

having Bosh as the 3rd option is VERY fortunate while we are here making threads about what if they had Amare or Shawn Marion in 2005.

WTF. They are still blowing teams out by 30 points each night.

Kblaze8855
11-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Boozer, Lee and Stoudemire are woeful defenders. Boozer and Stoudemire are also highly injury prone.
Lee is so bad defensively he just wasn't an option. Bosh does everything he does except better.
Stoudemire wanted to be the main man, wanted to create a legacy. He wants to be the best player ever. He is also not the intangibles/leadership/unselfish/winner personality of Bosh.

As you said (and kind of contradicted yourself in doing so) Bosh was the best option. Its 5 games in and he has not found his rhythm yet.

Fact is Miami signed Bosh, and he was the best fit on both ends. Time will tell how ideal it was when Bosh looks at his fingers in 10 years time. I'm predicting him and the Heat will be pretty satisfied, and opinions like yours will be void.

Fact is? Fact is hes the best fit on both ends? Im not sure "fact" is the word you want there.

And if the Heat win 5 rings it doesnt mean Bosh was ideal. it means they have 2 of hte 3 best players and the teams 3rd best player being redundant didnt make him a bad player. Which is not being said anyway.

I said already the Heat could win as is. They would contend or win without Bosh at all. And you telling me my opinion will be "void" if looking back they win a lot?

You are giving me an opinion im not putting out there. Telling me if they win it was the right signing is like telling me the 04 Pistons were right to have darko and not Melo/Wade since they won it all. Success doesnt mean the team was as good as it could have been.

And prime marion is sure as hell not backing up Haslem either. Captian or not.

jrong
11-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Bosh has been playing great defense, but I do have concerns. Foremost, his lack of physicality. Against some of the weaker teams the Heat have played, he should have eaten up his matchup. But, he didn't. That doesn't bode well for future matchups with Gasol, KG, etc.

However, some of this falls on LeBron and Wade too. It is incumbent upon them to get him more involved.

All Net
11-03-2010, 10:34 PM
It wouldn't be Bosh's fault if they don't win it all but having a legit post player like Amare would do wonders against L.A. Fact is a jump shooting 4 man isn't going to trouble L.A inside as much as a guy with legit moves on the low block for example.

Funnyfuka
11-03-2010, 10:45 PM
im pretty sure bosh has the goal to become tougher and tougher as time goes.
bron wqde and him have really been hurt by all the comments about them joining together. I find him and lebron getting more and more aggresive.

seoerizer
11-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Relex man, it's just the beginning of the season, they dont have those chemicals yet, especially as a big guy, dont have the ball all the time.
Give them sometime.

ginobli2311
11-03-2010, 11:53 PM

if they could not get a good center. the best current fit would be gerald wallace. the current shawn marion so to speak. he does everything that the heat need. obviously they need a big to protect the rim.....but bosh isn't even close to that. put gerald wallace on this team and it would almost be impossible to grab a board or score against them from the perimeter.

Screamingdoom
11-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Bosh for L'Marcus Aldridge and Joel Przybilla. Just Do it.

Yeah I would if I could

b4ball
11-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by oh the horror

Orlando would be nuts to do that.. If dhoward took bosh's place the heat would win alot of titles.. And no team would have a chance against them.. But in the world of the real, Miami has no low post scoring and even worse no low post defenders... Not going to cut it in the real world of playoff basketball..

One thing is for sure is that Gasol is much better than bosh..

Do you even feel the hook stuck in your mouth that's pulling you along?

Askmeificare
11-04-2010, 01:15 PM
^ jaja , anyways don't trade Bosh trade Arroyo!!

ashbelly
11-04-2010, 01:50 PM
My biggest complaint when it comes to Bosh so far is the way he's running the floor. He's not running hard enough consistently. I think offensively he will get better and find his comfort zone. His defense isn't that bad and he also can rebound better.

But the dude needs to run the floor way better. He wears that huge knee brace. Is he injured?

But if he ran the floor better a park his ass deep in the paint, he could get a few more easy baskets and/or free throws.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Lebron23
11-04-2010, 02:00 PM
I want to see the Miami Heat run an uptempo offense.

All Net
11-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by oh the horror

Do you even feel the hook stuck in your mouth that's pulling you along?

He does have a point though, you need some kind of consistant low post threat to win it all. It remains to be seen if what Miami has inside is enough. Time will tell.

b4ball
11-04-2010, 05:29 PM
He does have a point though, you need some kind of consistant low post threat to win it all. It remains to be seen if what Miami has inside is enough. Time will tell.

Why stop there, why not trade Eddie House for Kobe, and James Jones for Kevin Durant?

The only point here is from the second hook on the line that caught you with the other stupid dude.

All Net
11-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Why stop there, why not trade Eddie House for Kobe, and James Jones for Kevin Durant?

The only point here is from the second hook on the line that caught you with the other stupud dude.

So you disagree then? you think it isn't reasonable to think they won't win it all without a true low post threat inside? obviously we havn't seen two players of Lebron and Wade on one team since Shaq and Kobe and even then Shaq was a dominate inside force.

Miami has great talent but the main question mark on them is lack of post threats and lack of size. Not bashing them it's the truth. If Lebron and Wade are unstoppable in say the finals then yea they great play could outweigh their main weakness.

Not saying they won't win as they certainly could and it wouldn't surprise me at all but a team like L.A could certainly show up their main weakness. Which I would expect to happen.

Bigsmoke
11-04-2010, 06:42 PM
how about...

Bosh for David West and Emeka Okafor :pimp:

knickscity
11-04-2010, 06:46 PM
No he isn't. There is nothing soft about Amar'e or his game.

Bosh may rebound better, but that is all he does better.

b4ball
11-04-2010, 06:50 PM
So you disagree then? you think it isn't reasonable to think they won't win it all without a true low post threat inside? obviously we havn't seen two players of Lebron and Wade on one team since Shaq and Kobe and even then Shaq was a dominate inside force.

Miami has great talent but the main question mark on them is lack of post threats and lack of size. Not bashing them it's the truth. If Lebron and Wade are unstoppable in say the finals then yea they great play could outweigh their main weakness.

Not saying they won't win as they certainly could and it wouldn't surprise me at all but a team like L.A could certainly show up their main weakness. Which I would expect to happen.

I think it's foolish to even think that Orlando would trade Howard for Bosh straight up, that was the original premise that resulted with my response. Regardless of what any team wants or needs, reality does have a way of slapping somebody in the head. Welcome to that select group that get's two slaps to the head.

All Net
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM
I think it's foolish to even think that Orlando would trade Howard for Bosh straight up, that was the original premise that resulted with my response. Regardless of what any team wants or needs, reality does have a way of slapping somebody in the head. Welcome to that select group that get's two slaps to the head.

As you could tell from my response I was replying to his point about Miami's frontcourt. Not about Orlando/Dwight

Obviously Orlando would laugh in Miami's faces if they offered Bosh for Dwight.

Screamingdoom
11-05-2010, 10:49 PM
1 Rebound for the whole game against the Hornets? Are you kidding me? YOU'RE THE STARTING PF!!!

Pinkhearts
11-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm absolutely convinced that Gasol > Bosh now.

Last year I would have said it's a wash and that Bosh will eventually be better. But now I realise Bosh is only good at offense away from the basket which he is amazing at. But he doesn't give anything a big man should give, much like Dirk.

Give me Gasol. The man can play center, have post moves, can pass out of the post, can defend the paint....definitely more valuable even if you will argue that Bosh is more talented.

Harion
11-05-2010, 11:03 PM
trade Bosh?
how?