PDA

View Full Version : Does Dwyane Wade have a shot at MVP?

EnoughSaid
11-06-2010, 10:18 PM
With the way he has started the season, Dwyane Wade is a definite top 5 contender for the Most Valuable Player trophy. I know people are going to say that it's too early in the season, but this is what most likely is going to go down every night the Heat play.

Not counting the season opener against Boston, D-Wade has already had a 30 point game against Philadelphia, a 26 point game against Orlando, a 17/7/6 game against the Nets, another 26 point game against Minnesota, a 28 point game against New Orleans and a another 29 point game against the Nets. Also, Wade has had 2 games with 10 rebounds.

Wade is a very important part of the Miami Heat organization and is in my opinion the leader and the "batman" of the team. One point where Wade needs to get better at is being a better passer and distribute the ball more. Throughout the season, his numbers will only get better and I hope he has another good season like the 08-09 one.

I'm not trying to overrate him in any kind of way. I think he just has a great chance of winning it this year. If Dwyane Wade doesn't get injured, I think he'll be in the running as the MVP.

Do you think Wade will be the MVP this spring? Yes or No, and why?

Foster5k
11-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Of course. But, I think CP3 will get it. If the Hornets keep playing decent, he is definitely going to get it.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I originally did, but I don't see how Wade gets it over LeBron. LeBron just sucks the air out of the room.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Of course. But, I think CP3 will get it. If the Hornets keep playing decent, he is definitely going to get it.

THIS

game3524
11-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I originally did, but I don't see how Wade gets it over LeBron. LeBron just sucks the air out of the room.

Neither will get it, but Wade has been the best player on the Heat so far.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Season just started bra

itsGameTime
11-06-2010, 10:26 PM

Of course you don't. You're one of the biggest Lebron homers on this board.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:27 PM

and your one of the stupidest trolls on the ISH

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 10:28 PM
someone mind explaining to me how wade is the better player? Lebron contributes more to the offense than wade. just cuz wade scores 3-4 more points doesn't make him batman.

lilgodfather1
11-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't think Wade has a legitimate shot as long as LeBron is on his team. They are just putting up to similar of stats tbh. Plus if you put Wade as number 1 on the MVP ballot then if every thing keeps up the same way it has been you have to put LeBron at number two right behind him so that would mean that a single team would have the top two MVP candidates, aka not gonna happen.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Do you realistically think Wade is going to get the majority of votes when the majority of the voters probably won't even think that's he's the best player on his own team?

I'd like someone to explain how I'm a "LeBron homer." All I've ever said is that he's fun to watch and I don't blame him for leaving Cleveland.

itsGameTime
11-06-2010, 10:30 PM
someone mind explaining to me how wade is the better player? Lebron contributes more to the offense than wade. just cuz wade scores 3-4 more points doesn't make him batman.

lol at this dumbass. Using your argument, Kobe was a sidekick when he scored a few less points than Shaq while having more assists so Lebron is Wade's sidekick.

Don't be a hypocrite. Wade is the man. Accept it and move on.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:31 PM

Not if you watch the games. :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:31 PM
lol at this dumbass. Using your argument, Kobe was a sidekick when he scored a few less points than Shaq while having more assists so Lebron is Wade's sidekick.

:lol :lol :lol u mad bro?

the only sidekick on Heat is Chris Bosh

Wade and Lebron are like Superman and Batman:applause: :applause:

Bernie Nips
11-06-2010, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't say Wade has been "better" than LeBron so far. In fact, watching the game tonight, it still felt like LeBron was the best player in the league. It seems Wade has become the first option in scoring and attacking (even on the defensive end), dictating the pace of the game, whereas LeBron is happy to stand back, take over when he needs to and controls all facets. Both are in the discussion, but I don't think either will win.

lilgodfather1
11-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Unfortuantely most players are judged by how many points they score, that has really been the way since Jordan became a star.

Tell me which stat line is more impressive; Player A has 29 points/4 assists/5 boards, Player B has 20 points/11 assists/4 rebounds.

Player A contributes at minimum 37 points a game to the offense, player B on the other hand contributes at minimum 42, but I guarantee that Player A would be considered the better player by the masses.

itsGameTime

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. :applause:

8BeastlyXOIAD
onceinaDecade you're not fooling anyone dumbass troll. Beasley sucks you mad? :lol

I admitted to everyone already that i was OnceInADECADE u Troll.

:lol :lol :lol @ this troll getting mad :lol

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Tell me which stat line is more impressive; Player A has 29 points/4 assists/5 boards, Player B has 20 points/11 assists/4 rebounds.

That doesn't work in reality though. It depends on how the player actually plays. Those two statlines could represent Tracy McGrady and Magic Johnson. No one in their right mind would say T-Mac was the better player.

It's how the game is played.

game3524

No, he is right. Wade is Miami's 1st option on offense, it seems that he sets the tone for the team on offense. Bron is the better player of the two, but it seems he has found his role as the primary playmaker, while Bosh is still lost.......................

Kurosawa0
Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt. :applause:

oooh, compelling.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:37 PM
That doesn't work in reality though. It depends on how the player actually plays. Those two statlines could represent Tracy McGrady and Magic Johnson. No one in their right mind would say T-Mac was the better player.

:applause: :applause:
great post by a great poster

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:38 PM
No, he is right. Wade is Miami's 1st option on offense, it seems that he sets the tone for the team on offense. Bron is the better player of the two, but it seems he has found his role as the primary playmaker, while Bosh is still lost.......................
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:38 PM
No, he is right. Wade is Miami's 1st option on offense, it seems that he sets the tone for the team on offense. Bron is the better player of the two, but it seems he has find his role as the primary playmaker, while Bosh is still lost.......................

90% of the offense starts with LeBron. Amare Stoudemire was the main option in Phoenix, but that's Steve Nash's team. Very similar dynamic between LeBron & Wade. Heighten talent level, but very similar responsibilities.

SIRI1
11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Wade so far this season 24.1 on 49% 6rpg 4apg 2spg 1bpg

Take out the 1st game where he was very rusty and he'd be at 53% shooting :eek:

Lebron so far 21ppg on 47% 8apg 5rpg 2spg

lilgodfather1
11-06-2010, 10:41 PM

No it does work lol, I did kind of prove my point, I knew that I had Magic in mind as the second player, but I just made up random numbers for the first one. And my point still stands, ever since MJ was MJ the NBA fan perception has been if someone can score then they must be the best player even if they allow 40 points a game and only score 30. To me defence is clearly the most important factor in the game. That is why I believe big men are the key to the NBA.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:44 PM
http://yongsblog.blogs.friendster.com/photos/uncategorized/wade_2.jpg

How many does Lebron have? I'll let Lebron show you how many:

http://www.thesportssession.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/kingjames.jpg

Why you mad tho? :oldlol:

so umm rings determines how good a player is?:facepalm

Bill Russell GOAT:applause: :applause:

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:45 PM
No it does work lol, I did kind of prove my point, I knew that I had Magic in mind as the second player, but I just made up random numbers for the first one. And my point still stands, ever since MJ was MJ the NBA fan perception has been if someone can score then they must be the best player even if they allow 40 points a game and only score 30. To me defence is clearly the most important factor in the game. That is why I believe big men are the key to the NBA.

It doesn't have to be MJ. Numbers don't tell you the whole story. Watching the game is what matters. Watching the Heat so far, it's obvious LeBron is the best player on the team. If they win, that's how it will be counted. It's why Wade won't have a serious shot at the MVP. LeBron's chances are diminished because he already has two and has a lot of help in Wade & Bosh. It's not like Wade stands in his way in the manner that LeBron stands in Wade's way.

game3524
11-06-2010, 10:47 PM
90% of the offense starts with LeBron. Amare Stoudemire was the main option in Phoenix, but that's Steve Nash's team. Very similar dynamic between LeBron & Wade. Heighten talent level, but very similar responsibilities.

That is a bad example IMO, Wade sets the tone on the team. When he comes out aggressive, the rest of the team follows. It is early, but it is Wade's team at the moment.

JerrySteakhouse
11-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Wade is da BESS!!

itsGameTime
11-06-2010, 10:48 PM
It doesn't have to be MJ. Numbers don't tell you the whole story. Watching the game is what matters. Watching the Heat so far, it's obvious LeBron is the best player on the team. If they win, that's how it will be counted. It's why Wade won't have a serious shot at the MVP. LeBron's chances are diminished because he already has two and has a lot of help in Wade & Bosh. It's not like Wade stands in his way in the manner that LeBron stands in Wade's way.

:oldlol: Hypocrites. Lebron's numbers only mean something when they're 30/8/7 right? But when he's putting up 20/5/5 all of a sudden "Watching the game is what matters"

:applause: Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:49 PM
That is a bad example IMO, Wade sets the tone on the team. When he comes out aggressive, the rest of the team follows. It is early, but it is Wade's team at the moment.

Completely disagree.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:49 PM
:oldlol: Hypocrites. Lebron's numbers only mean something when they're 30/8/7 right? But when he's putting up 20/5/5 all of a sudden "Watching the game is what matters"

:applause: Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.
:facepalm

hawke812
11-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by game3524

Season just started bra

Yeah we just found out:rolleyes:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/5/51/CaptObviousTitanic.jpg

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:50 PM

I've never said that the box score tells the entire story. It was simply extremely impressive how LeBron averaged what he did in Cleveland.

Indian guy
11-06-2010, 10:51 PM
None. Him and LeBron simply cancel each other. Neither guy has a shot.

The MVP race will come down to CP3, Kobe, Durant and D-Ho this season. Whoever has better numbers between LeBron/Wade will finish 5th.

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 10:51 PM
Lebron is trying to be a playmaker since they have a terrible PG but U can still see the flashes of dominance in Lebron to score when he WANTS to..Wade has green light to attack and gets to the line alot much like Kobe to always pad his stats. If Lebron scored like he did with Cavs it wouldn't be good for the team but when push comes to shove later this season Lebron will have his nights where he scores 30+.Lebron needs to know the nights like tonight against inferior comp he can be a facilitator and when they play the good teams and Role players are not contributing like yesterday go into attacking Lebron mode. There will be plenty of nights scoring 20 will be fine but he needs to know the certain nights he needs to play more like Michael than Magic..

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 10:52 PM

The MVP race will come down to CP3, Kobe, Durant and D-Ho this season. Whoever has better numbers between LeBron/Wade will finish 5th.

Most likely. I could see LeBron getting as high as #3 though. If Miami ends up with 65+ wins.

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 10:52 PM

lol .

SIRI1
11-06-2010, 10:54 PM

Agreed.

game3524
11-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Completely disagree.

Then you haven't been watching the games. When they have won, Wade has been the tone setter. There have been a couple of games when Lebron starts to take over in the 2nd half.....after a nice lead has been established.

Bigsmoke
11-06-2010, 10:56 PM
of course.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
lol .

Dirk, Ellis, Rose, Rondo should be on that list IMO

itsGameTime
11-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Dirk, Ellis, Rose, Rondo should be on that list IMO

Sad. Beasley and Wolves suck so bad you have nothing better to talk about than Lebron :oldlol:

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Then you haven't been watching the games. When they have won, Wade has been the tone setter. There have been a couple of games when Lebron starts to take over in the 2nd half.....after a nice lead has been established.

I've watched all of their games. LeBron has completely let things come to him which has allowed Wade to score more. One of them had play the facilitator and LeBron's better suited to that. Still, the game runs through him. Wade may get the points, but the game is LeBron's.

I haven't seen one game where I thought "Wow, this is Wade's team."

Like I said, I think Amare and Nash are a good comparison. Nash runs the show and normally let's the game come to him, where Amare would be the primary option on offense. Same dynamic in Miami with LeBron and Wade.

BFRESH44
11-06-2010, 11:02 PM
No, and I'm as partial to Wade as anyone. The day LeBron stepped foot in South Florida was the end of any shot Wade had of winning a league MVP award.

And I'm sure he doesn't care. Wade will still go down as one of the all time greats who didn't win one, ala Zeke and Jerry West. It's cool. :pimp:

itsGameTime
11-06-2010, 11:03 PM
I've watched all of their games. LeBron has completely let things come to him which has allowed Wade to score more. One of them had play the facilitator and LeBron's better suited to that. Still, the game runs through him. Wade may get the points, but the game is LeBron's.

That's because you're one of the biggest Lebron homers on this board.

Like I said, I think Amare and Nash are a good comparison. Nash runs the show and normally let's the game come to him, where Amare would be the primary option on offense. Same dynamic in Miami with LeBron and Wade.

Horrible comparison. Wade scores off his own ball handling. He's no Amare.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:05 PM

Yeah, because they have to have the exact same game. :rolleyes:

Their responsibilities in the offense are the same as Nash and Amare.

Wade is the primary scorer and will carry the majority of the load on offense.

LeBron's job is to run the team and score when needed.

Same dynamic.

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 11:07 PM
That's because you're one of the biggest Lebron homers on this board.

y do u think that is? cuz he doesn't have to perform the hard task of running the offense anymore. lebron taking all the load of wade's shoulders allowing wade to play his game. While lebron is scarficing his game. The real leader is lebron.

catch24
11-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Wade's been the best player thus far and if he continues to put up these averages all while Miami keeps winning, I don't see why he wouldn't?

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Sad. Beasley and Wolves suck so bad you have nothing better to talk about than Lebron :oldlol:

season just started
but dont worry bro i pm you the preview of my new Beasley thread.

jrong
11-06-2010, 11:09 PM

Here's the point-- for how many other players would we even be having this debate if they teamed with Bron? Kobe. And that's it.

The media I can tell doesn't know how to handle the fact that Wade is not stepping aside. They proclaimed LeBron the leader during training camp and then again after one preseason game. I'm waiting for them to connect the dots and realize that Wade is as good as James now means that they've still underrated him all of this time, and that he's always been as good as him (think about it, whenever they share the court as teammates or opponents, is LeBron ever clearly better?). I have the feeling I'm going to be waiting a long time....

2010splash
11-06-2010, 11:11 PM
You kidding me? 23 ppg and 4 apg (:roll:)?

I'll repeat that: FOUR assists per game?

LOL name me one guy who's won MVP with stats as bad as Wade's. 23 ppg and 4 apg is barely better than what guys like Ben Gordon and Monta Ellis have done the past couple years.

Wade better not win man.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-06-2010, 11:15 PM
You kidding me? 23 ppg and 4 apg (:roll:)?

I'll repeat that: FOUR assists per game?

LOL name me one guy who's won MVP with stats as bad as Wade's. 23 ppg and 4 apg is barely better than what guys like Ben Gordon and Monta Ellis have done the past couple years.

Wade better not win man.
:lol :lol :lol not sure if serious.

Wade has proven he can be a 30/5/7 in this league numbers dont indict whether or not you win the MVP

game3524
11-06-2010, 11:15 PM

Have you seen the start of most of the Heat games? It is Wade's team, he sets the tone, and everyone else follows.

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 11:17 PM
:lol :lol :lol not sure if serious.

Wade has proven he can be a 30/5/7 in this league numbers dont indict whether or not you win the MVP

lebron has proven he can put up 30/8/8,

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:19 PM
Here's the point-- for how many other players would we even be having this debate if they teamed with Bron? Kobe. And that's it.

The media I can tell doesn't know how to handle the fact that Wade is not stepping aside. They proclaimed LeBron the leader during training camp and then again after one preseason game. I'm waiting for them to connect the dots and realize that Wade is as good as James now means that they've still underrated him all of this time, and that he's always been as good as him (think about it, whenever they share the court as teammates or opponents, is LeBron ever clearly better?). I have the feeling I'm going to be waiting a long time....

Lebron is better look when they played head to head..Lebron had better stats and his team won..Lebron could easily score 30 a night over here too but is feeding Wade more than Wade feeding Lebron..Lebron us running the show..2 time mvp for a season silly boy..

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Have you seen the start of most of the Heat games? It is Wade's team, he sets the tone, and everyone else follows.

ya wade jacks up shots while lebron gets every1 involved, i don't know if u have been under a rock for the past 7 years or not but lebron can do the same thing wade does if he was a selfish player.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:21 PM

I just said I've seen all of their game so far. Not once have I seen "Wade setting the tone and everyone else following." I see him being the primary option on offense and LeBron being the table setter. It a dynamic that allows their offense to work. Still, it's LeBron's show far more than it's Wade's.

It's LeBron allowance for Wade to score that sets the tone far more than it is Wade scoring that does so.

I'm still waiting to see Chris Bosh on the other hand.

canefandynasty
Wade is eleventh in PER before tonight's game. LeBron is thirty-third. Wade stats tonight should propel him to the TOP 10. Wade, is playing less minutes than LeBron while putting up slightly better numbers. He's putting up better shooting percentages, and is rebounding better than him (is LeBron deferring to Wade in rebounds). LeBron has him in assists. Both have been elite defensively w/ Wade playing slightly better. He averages more steals and blocks (in less minutes). So, is LeBron deferring to Wade on defense also?

donald_trump

umm no, wade has clearly been the better player in most of their wins.

game3524
11-06-2010, 11:23 PM
ya wade jacks up shots while lebron gets every1 involved, i don't know if u have been under a rock for the past 7 years or not but lebron can do the same thing wade does if he was a selfish player.
:roll:

You have to love the Lebron ******gers, they will spin everything to paint their boy in the right light.

donald_trump
11-06-2010, 11:24 PM

no where near the same. you cant handle the fact that wade has been better so far.

who cares if hes a better player, which he is, he hasnt been better so far. your opinion is void because you are one of the biggest nut huggers here for bron bron.

canefandynasty
11-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Scoring aside, is LeBron deferring to Wade in rebounds also? What about help defense (Wade averages more steals/blocks in less minutes)? Is LeBron deferring to Wade on that, also?

game3524
11-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I just said I've seen all of their game so far. Not once have I seen "Wade setting the tone and everyone else following." I see him being the primary option on offense and LeBron being the table setter. It a dynamic that allows their offense to work. Still, it's LeBron's show far more than it's Wade's.

It's LeBron allowance for Wade to score that sets the tone far more than it is Wade scoring that does so.

I'm still waiting to see Chris Bosh on the other hand.

That is a load of crap, Wade for the most part creates his own offense out there. There has only been a handful of times, where Lebron has set him up. Wade is the tone setter on that team, he has played well on offensive and has been slightly better on defense.

Some of you guys are really overrating Bron's impact the 1st couple of games, he has been terrific, but some of you are painting him as if he has had an impact like Nash or Paul, which he hasn't.

Kurosawa0
your opinion is void because you are one of the biggest nut huggers here for bron bron.

I love that people just like to post this without having shit to back it up. :oldlol:

Kingwillball
Wade is eleventh in PER before tonight's game. LeBron is thirty-third. Wade stats tonight should propel him to the TOP 10. Wade, is playing less minutes than LeBron while putting up slightly better numbers. He's putting up better shooting percentages, and is rebounding better than him (is LeBron deferring to Wade in rebounds). LeBron has him in assists. Both have been elite defensively w/ Wade playing slightly better. He averages more steals and blocks (in less minutes). So, is LeBron deferring to Wade on defense also?

When it is all said and Done Lebron will show why he is the best player in the league..He is the one in a new situation and he is the one playing Point Foward and getting everyone involved..Wade is just attacking and running the floor and getting rewarded. Give Lebron another month or so. This is the reason why I wish Lebron did stay in Clev or go to NY though cause I feel like he is being held back by playing in Miami..He doesnt have to be the Do everything guy every night anymore and maybe he enjoys that but his fans who loved watching the dominate LBJ do not..

canefandynasty
11-06-2010, 11:27 PM
LeBron and Wade are a stalemate IMO. None is better than the other.

donald_trump
11-06-2010, 11:28 PM

its hilarious that this giant gap between lebron lovers and wade lovers exists. still arguing.

wade isnt as good as bron. you need to get over that. he has been better so far though. enjoy that.

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Scoring aside, is LeBron deferring to Wade in rebounds also? What about help defense (Wade averages more steals/blocks in less minutes)? Is LeBron deferring to Wade on that, also?

Saw lebron get at least 3 steals tonight..Also saw Wade playing in the 4th while Lebron was on bench almost the whole qtr..

donald_trump
11-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I love that people just like to post this without having shit to back it up. :oldlol:

im not going to look up all your posts. all you post in is lebron threads, particularly the ones that have him shown in a bad light. example a.

you flock as soon as you can to back him up. :oldlol: all you post about is lebron.

jrong
11-06-2010, 11:30 PM
Lebron is better look when they played head to head..Lebron had better stats and his team won..Lebron could easily score 30 a night over here too but is feeding Wade more than Wade feeding Lebron..Lebron us running the show..2 time mvp for a season silly boy..

Why is this so important to you? The only people in this thread calling James a sidekick aren't Wade fans. They're Kobe trolls. Wade fans just want him to get his due respect. Time after time in his career from his rookie year when it was supposed to be Odom's team, he ends up being second to nobody when he wasn't supposed to. It happened again his second and third year when it was supposed to be Shaq's team. And it happened again on Team USA. And it's happening again now.

It doesn't make LBJ any less great. It just means Wade is proving (again) that he's in the same class.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:31 PM
That is a load of crap, Wade for the most part creates his own offense out there. There has only been a handful of times, where Lebron has set him up. Wade is the tone setter on that team, he has played well on offensive and has been slightly better in defense.

Some of you guys are really overrating Bron's impact the 1st couple of games, he has been terrific, but some of you are painting him as if he has had an impact like Nash or Paul, which he hasn't.

I've never said that LeBron is directly feeding Wade. I said that LeBron's responsibilities in the offense are similar to Nash in that he runs the show. He's the primary ballhandler. Setting the table includes letting Wade get the ball and score.

I swear, you guys spend way too much time just looking at a box score and numbers. They clearly have a team concept on offense and that concept has Wade being the primary scorer, while LeBron virtually plays the point guard. In no way should LeBron be scoring more than Wade.

If you notice, when you describe how the Heat's offense runs, you run out of things to say about Wade after "He scores." LeBron does more and is responsible for more. It's his show.

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:31 PM
its hilarious that this giant gap between lebron lovers and wade lovers exists. still arguing.

wade isnt as good as bron. you need to get over that. he has been better so far though. enjoy that.

The reason why the Heat will win a bunch more games is cause of lebron. I find it hilarious that people actually think Wade is better...the reason there is an argument on here is cause the Wade fans don't want to relinquish things and the Lebron haters love to feed the fire..

canefandynasty
11-06-2010, 11:32 PM
When it is all said and Done Lebron will show why he is the best player in the league..He is the one in a new situation and he is the one playing Point Foward and getting everyone involved..Wade is just attacking and running the floor and getting rewarded. Give Lebron another month or so. This is the reason why I wish Lebron did stay in Clev or go to NY though cause I feel like he is being held back by playing in Miami..He doesnt have to be the Do everything guy every night anymore and maybe he enjoys that but his fans who loved watching the dominate LBJ do not..

Wade could do the exactly same thing that LeBron is doing right now. They're both great playmakers for their position. It really doesn't matter. But for Wade to be rebounding the ball better should be no excuse. Even if you negate offensive statistics, Wade still has better numbers across the board steals/rebounds/blocks.

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 11:32 PM

You have to love the Lebron ******gers, they will spin everything to paint their boy in the right light.

Pls explain what wade is doing that lebron can't?

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:33 PM
im not going to look up all your posts. all you post in is lebron threads, particularly the ones that have him shown in a bad light. example a.

you flock as soon as you can to back him up. :oldlol: all you post about is lebron.

So... you're basically full of shit. Exactly what I thought.

SavageMode
11-06-2010, 11:34 PM
You people are so fvckng retarded.

If Lebron was playing SG obv he would have more points/boards but he is playing the point guard role that is why he is getting 10ish assists nightly.

If you switch positions of Wade and Lebron OBVIOUSLY Lebron will get higher stats.

Point is who gives a fvck whos better. They're on the same team and if Lebron wasn't on this team, they wouldn't even be in the talks for finals vs Lakers consideringg the fact Wade got d1ck raped by Celtics 4-1 last playoffs.

Child please.

Ne 1
11-06-2010, 11:35 PM

If you watch the games Wade has been the best player during the Heat's wins.

Wade = team MVP

Don't even know why I bother with you though. There's no point in offering logic & evidence vs somebody incapable of seeing past their hero-worship, other than masochism.

canefandynasty
Saw lebron get at least 3 steals tonight..Also saw Wade playing in the 4th while Lebron was on bench almost the whole qtr..

Wade averages more steals and blocks in LESS minutes. Wade is also averages about 7 boards. LeBron is averaging like 4-5. Those have nothing to do with offensive distribution.

Face it: Wade has been the better player so far.

B-Easy
as a Heat fan thats watched every game .. Wade has been better, hes getting in the paint effortlessly and is igniting runs. Lebron has been great tho, the difference is minimal

I think Wade definitely has a shot at MVP , but Miami would need to have the best record in the league, maybe break 70 wins...cause CP3 is doing his thing.

game3524
I've never said that LeBron is directly feeding Wade. I said that LeBron's responsibilities in the offense are similar to Nash in that he runs the show. He's the primary ballhandler. Setting the table includes letting Wade get the ball and score.

I swear, you guys spend way too much time just looking at a box score and numbers. They clearly have a team concept on offense and that concept has Wade being the primary scorer, while LeBron virtually plays the point guard. In no way should LeBron be scoring more than Wade.

If you notice, when you describe how the Heat's offense runs, you run out of things to say about Wade after "He scores." LeBron does more and is responsible for more. It's his show.

It is nothing like Nash, Nash controls every aspect of his teams offense. Lebron is a playmaker, but not to the level of Nash. To be honest, he has been more like Pippen, which isn't an insult. Some of you guys really overrate his impact so far, he has been great. But stop making it sound as if everyone is playing off of him, because they are not.

It is Wade's team at the moment.

canefandynasty
11-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Pls explain what wade is doing that lebron can't?

And vice versa?

game3524
11-06-2010, 11:37 PM
as a Heat fan thats watched every game .. Wade has been better, hes getting in the paint effortlessly and is igniting runs. Lebron has been great tho, the difference is minimal

I think Wade definitely has a shot at MVP , but Miami would need to have the best record in the league.

Bingo, He really sets the tone for the team. Bron is not a sidekick, but so far it has been Wade's show.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Don't even know why I bother with you though. There's no point in offering logic & evidence vs somebody incapable of seeing past their hero-worship, other than masochism.

Once again, someone hiding behind this because they have no argument.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain my supposed "LeBron homerism" to me.

Still waiting...

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:38 PM
It is what 7 or 8 games people.. I think Lebron is trying to play that Magic role but I do agree sometimes he should get more boards..he doesnt like getting into the mix with the bigs to get rebounds as much as he should..I think Lebron if he is not needing to expend so much energy scoring should try to grab a few more boards a night. Basically he is playing the gm using at least 25% less energy than he did with Cavs..Maybe this is what he wants maybe he is easing his way into things we shall C..

canefandynasty
11-06-2010, 11:38 PM
To be honest, I knew Wade would be the better all along w/ both on the same team.

Ne 1
11-06-2010, 11:39 PM
You people are so fvckng retarded.

If Lebron was playing SG obv he would have more points/boards but he is playing the point guard role that is why he is getting 10ish assists nightly.

If you switch positions of Wade and Lebron OBVIOUSLY Lebron will get higher stats.

Point is who gives a fvck whos better. They're on the same team and if Lebron wasn't on this team, they wouldn't even be in the talks for finals vs Lakers consideringg the fact Wade got d1ck raped by Celtics 4-1 last playoffs.

Child please.

Wade performed much better against Boston did. Nobody expected Miami to get past Boston unlike the Cavs who were heavy favorites but LeBron choked and quit on his team in Game 5. The dude completely wilted under pressure when his team were picked by the vast majority of the basketball world to win the Finals.

LeBron admitted to everyone that he isn't built to run a championship team, its clear as day. He needs to go to another superstars team that is as good if not better than him and take a back seat to him in order for him to win a title.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:39 PM
It is nothing like Nash, Nash controls every aspect of his teams offense. Lebron is a playmaker, but not to the level of Nash. To be honest, he has been more like Pippen, which isn't an insult. Some of you guys really overrate his impact so far, he has been great. But stop making it sound as if everyone is playing off of him, because they are not.

It is Wade's team at the moment.

He's responsible for the offense. Period. It doesn't matter if he's exactly like Nash. His responsibilities are SIMILAR to Nash's and Wade's are SIMILAR to what Amare's were.

It's called an offense and it's LeBron's offense.

ginobli2311
11-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Wade performed much better against Boston did. Nobody expected Miami to get past Boston unlike the Cavs who were heavy favorites but LeBron choked and quit on his team in Game 5. The dude completely wilted under pressure when his team were picked by the vast majority of the basketball world to win the Finals.

LeBron admitted to everyone that he isn't built to run a championship team, its clear as day. He needs to go to another superstars team that is as good if not better than him and take a back seat to him in order for him to win a title.

lol. if anyone still thinks that the cavs gave lebron enough to win titles in cleveland i give up.

game3524
11-06-2010, 11:41 PM
He's responsible for the offense. Period. It doesn't matter if he's exactly like Nash. His responsibilities are SIMILAR to Nash's and Wade's are SIMILAR to what Amare's were.

And that is false, you are painting it as if everyone is playing off Lebron, news flash they aren't.

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:42 PM
To be honest, I knew Wade would be the better all along w/ both on the same team.

Lebron makes Wade Better..He opens things up for Wade but since Lebron is Driving alot less than he did with Cleveland U cant really say the same thing about Wade for Lebron..IMO Wade is holding Lebron back from being the player he is capable of but for the good of the team Lebron is playing the Distributer/2nd scorer role instead of the all around dominant player he has always been.

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:43 PM

:wtf:
:blah

canefandynasty
11-06-2010, 11:43 PM

They are similar, except that Wade is much more well rounded than Amare, while LeBron isn't as efficient offensively as Nash. LeBron is averaging a ton of TOs and doesn't have nearly the shooting percentages as Nash. Wade is still getting teammates involved and running the offense at times. Amare just looks to score ALL the time.

So, the comparison isn't really there.

asdf1990
11-06-2010, 11:44 PM
lol. if anyone still thinks that the cavs gave lebron enough to win titles in cleveland i give up.

That guy is one of the biggest Kobe homer on ish just ignore him. Cuz Jamison, mo Williams 9000 year old shaq were championship material role players according to him.

game3524
They are similar, except that Wade is much more well rounded than Amare, while LeBron isn't as efficient offensively as Nash. LeBron is averaging a ton of TOs and doesn't have nearly the shooting percentages as Nash. Wade is still getting teammates involved and running the offense at times. Amare just looks to score ALL the time.

So, the comparison isn't really there.

Yeah, I don't see the comparison. A better one would be Jordan and Pippen, then Nash and Amare.

Funnyfuka
the sheer amount of time spent talking about bullshits that have 0 importance in the global picture is sickening. I guess people have nothing else better to do.

What matters is how these players are enjoying playing together, like when they re both involved in an epic alley hoop etc, that is what matter to me. Not the points. It's the amazing three points , it's the teamplay , cooperation, friendship, complicity between two or more players in a team. What i like is seeing people enjoy themselves on the court and giving their best to win the ****ing game. Lebron and dwade do enjoy themselves playing. Blake griffin does. Kobe, gasol, fisher, artest, odom, do. PArker, ginobili, duncan, jefferson, do. Hell even the celtics do.

Who cares about stats.

Ne 1
11-06-2010, 11:45 PM

Still waiting...

:oldlol: stop the charade man, you not fooling anyone.

Everyone knows your the biggest Lebron defender on this site.

Your always in every LeBron thread on here defending him like your Gloria James.

Stop ignoring facts. Wade has been the most valuable player in every game Miami has one so far. LeBron's game is best suited for him to take a backseat to another superstar player. LeBron dominating the ball a padding his stats won't win sh*t like we saw in Cleveland.

donald_trump

Still waiting...

its blatantly evident in this very thread. the fact that you cant see it proves your blind homerism for lebron.

its not being full of shit, youve acquired your title from nut riding too hard. you love the dude and its cool, you just cant have an objective comparison thread with him is all.

canefandynasty
Lebron makes Wade Better..He opens things up for Wade but since Lebron is Driving alot less than he did with Cleveland U cant really say the same thing about Wade for Lebron..IMO Wade is holding Lebron back from being the player he is capable of but for the good of the team Lebron is playing the Distributer/2nd scorer role instead of the all around dominant player he has always been.

Again, you think Wade couldn't do the same? What about rebounding/steals/blocks advantages? Is Wade holding LeBron from those also?

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:48 PM
And that is false, you are painting it as if everyone is playing off Lebron, news flash they aren't.

Because that's not the skill set of the players. LeBron is still responsible for the offense.

Does he have to be playing pick and roll with Wade for you to understand it? He's the floor general. In the way Bird was for Boston.

At the end of the day, this is LeBron letting Wade score for the offense. It's not that Wade has just somehow been better, but that he's supposed to score more by design.

LeBron will lead the team in assists and Wade will lead them in scoring. Still, it's LeBron that is making the engine go. It's his unselfishness and playmaking ability that determines whether any of this works.

He's their best player. Period. Wade will have better games, but LeBron's the best player on the team.

Why is it that LeBron is having to adjust his game and not Wade so much? Because LeBron's the more capable of the two at doing so. He has to be the guy that makes this work. It's more than just scoring.

jrong
11-06-2010, 11:49 PM

Um dude, this whole argument is pretty trite, but advanced stats, a very LeBron-friendly measure, say Wade has been better too. And if you watch the games, he has been the best player in every game since the Celtics game. If you want to believe that LeBron is still "better", have at it, but Wade has been the Heat's best performer on the season so far.

asdf1990
Again, you think Wade couldn't do the same? What about rebounding/steals/blocks advantages? Is Wade holding LeBron from those also?

We have already seen what wade is capable of when he is running the team. Which is first round exits and 40 win seasons

Ne 1

aw, poor baby.

Of course I forgot LeBron never had any help and played with sh*t teammates his entire career. :cry:

Carlos Boozer = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Big Z = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Ben Wallace = Overrated even though he's a 4x DPOY and an 4x All-Star All-Star

Antwan Jamison = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Shaq = Worthless washed up bum, who cares if he was an All-Star in 2009 and a future hall of famer? I'm shocked that a team like Boston was willing to sign that washed up scrub when all he does is clog the lane.

Mo Williams = Overrated, who cares if he made the All-Star team in 2009? LeBron made him.

Anderson Varejao = Lebron made him too, who cares if he was a great 6th man an made the All-Defensive 2nd team?

Anthony Parker = Scrub, LeBron made him. Who cares if he was the #1 3-point shooter in the league in 2010?

Dwayne Wade= Overrated, dude is injury prone and past his prime

Chris Bosh = Overrated, dude is soft

Also don't forget the rest of Miami's roster and their bench is complete trash.

PLEASE GET LEBRON SOME HELP!!

Kurosawa0
its blatantly evident in this very thread. the fact that you cant see it proves your blind homerism for lebron.

its not being full of shit, youve acquired your title from nut riding too hard. you love the dude and its cool, you just cant have an objective comparison thread with him is all.

What have I said? What have I said that is "nut ridding?"

Ne 1
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM

You defend EVERYTHING he does. You act like your a member of LeBron's family or something.

Kurosawa0
Um dude, this whole argument is pretty trite, but advanced stats, a very LeBron-friendly measure, say Wade has been better too. And if you watch the games, he has been the best player in every game since the Celtics game. If you want to believe that LeBron is still "better", have at it, but Wade has been the Heat's best performer on the season so far.

No, Wade has been excellent, but my argument is that this is that the majority of the responsibilities on the team fall to LeBron (ie: his team).

I can understand arguing that neither is "the man," but I fail to see any argument for Wade in the affirmative.

Indian guy
And if you watch the games, he has been the best player in every game since the Celtics game.

That's debatable. Impact wise I'd say LeBron has a decent case for being Miami's best player in wins over Orlando, Minnesota and tonight over NJ.

donald_trump

saying hes been better so far is a start.

like i said im not going to go over your posts and show you your stupidity and love for another man. the fact youve earned this rep with pretty much all the posters is enough proof.

game3524
Because that's not the skill set of the players. LeBron is still responsible for the offense.

Does he have to be playing pick and roll with Wade for you to understand it? He's the floor general. In the way Bird was for Boston.

At the end of the day, this is LeBron letting Wade score for the offense. It's not that Wade has just somehow been better, but that he's supposed to score more by design.

LeBron will lead the team in assists and Wade will lead them in scoring. Still, it's LeBron that is making the engine go. It's his unselfishness and playmaking ability that determines whether any of this works.

He's their best player. Period. Wade will have better games, but LeBron's the best player on the team.

Why is it that LeBron is having to adjust his game and not Wade so much? Because LeBron's the more capable of the two at doing so. He has to be the guy that makes this work. It's more than just scoring.

No one is saying Lebron isn't the best player on the team. But Wade has been better so far this year, that could change of course. Aside from assist, Wade has him beat in all the major statistical categories and his PER is 25.6, while Bron is 21.6.

Wade has just been the better player so far.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:53 PM
You defend EVERYTHING he does. You act like your a member of LeBron's family or something.

No, I don't. I have said several times that the TV show was stupid and a horrible idea. All I've ever defended is that he had every right to want to leave Cleveland. Oh, and I've said he's fun to watch. Wow, I know.

SavageMode
11-06-2010, 11:53 PM
aw, poor baby.

Of course I forgot LeBron never had any help and played with sh*t teammates his entire career. :cry:

Carlos Boozer = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Big Z = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Ben Wallace = Overrated even though he's a 4x DPOY and an 4x All-Star All-Star

Antwan Jamison = Overrated even though he's a 2x All-Star

Shaq = Worthless washed up bum, who cares if he was an All-Star in 2009 and a future hall of famer? I'm shocked that a team like Boston was willing to sign that washed up scrub when all he does is clog the lane.

Mo Williams = Overrated, who cares if he made the All-Star team in 2009? LeBron made him.

Anderson Varejao = Lebron made him too, who cares if he was a great 6th man an made the All-Defensive 2nd team?

Anthony Parker = Scrub, LeBron made him. Who cares if he was the #1 3-point shooter in the league in 2010?

Dwayne Wade= Overrated, dude is injury prone and past his prime

Chris Bosh = Overrated, dude is soft

Also don't forget the rest of Miami's roster and their bench is complete trash.

PLEASE GET LEBRON SOME HELP!!
U MAD? LOLOLL

After reading this post you are officially a troll. Know nothing and speak through your ass. Stop sucking on Dwade's dick and actualy watch basketball games.

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:54 PM
I have no argument. I just like to start shit.

Ah, I see.

Ne 1
11-06-2010, 11:54 PM
:wtf:
:blah

http://i43.tinypic.com/v8elpi.jpg

Kurosawa0
11-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Wade has just been the better player so far.

Still, I don't think it's really fair comparison. Wade should be putting up better numbers. I thought we all expected that. It's not like their playing the same role on the team.

game3524
11-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Still, I don't think it's really fair comparison. Wade should be putting up better numbers. I thought we all expected that. It's not like their playing the same role on the team.

Wade should be putting up a higher PPG, but there is no reason why he should average more blocks, rebounds, and tie with steals with Lebron.

Ne 1
11-06-2010, 11:58 PM
U MAD? LOLOLL

After reading this post you are officially a troll. Know nothing and speak through your ass. Stop sucking on Dwade's dick and actualy watch basketball games.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200606/21/images/dwade.jpg

http://www.redsarmy.com/.a/6a01156f2c3287970c013480958c07970c-450wi

''Wade, please win me a ring'' - LeBron James

Kingwillball
11-06-2010, 11:59 PM
We have already seen what wade is capable of when he is running the team. Which is first round exits and 40 win seasons

+1

SavageMode
11-07-2010, 12:00 AM
+1

Kingwillball
11-07-2010, 12:00 AM
Wade should be putting up a higher PPG, but there is no reason why he should average more blocks, rebounds, and tie with steals with Lebron.

Lebron will get more boards it is still early..Blocks and steals they will be close..

canefandynasty
11-07-2010, 12:01 AM

...in less minutes of play

donald_trump
11-07-2010, 12:01 AM
you lebron groupies are unbearable. piss me off even when the player plays for my favorite team.

SavageMode
11-07-2010, 12:02 AM
you lebron groupies are unbearable. piss me off even when the player plays for my favorite team.
http://memegenerator.net/lebron-u-mad/ImageMacro/1559282/lebron-u-mad-U-MAD.jpg

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:03 AM

He's averaging .4 more blocks a game and .8 more rebounds. Come on...

donald_trump
11-07-2010, 12:04 AM
http://memegenerator.net/lebron-u-mad/ImageMacro/1559282/lebron-u-mad-U-MAD.jpg

i dont like retards associated with my team. kurosawa and the rest of the idiot mob ruin this.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:06 AM
i dont like retards associated with my team. kurosawa and the rest of the idiot mob ruin this.

I'm an idiot? I'm not the one who spout out trash and then can't back it up.

game3524

He is playing less minutes as well......

And to make matters worse, at least Wade is getting at least one offensive board, which is sadly more then Bosh................

canefandynasty

Wade is averaging 6.4 boards to LeBron's 4.7, in less minutes. Let's also consider the fact that Wade is doing most of the scoring.

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 12:08 AM
LeBron's legacy if he never wins a title without Wade in his career: Overrated stat-padder/choke artist that never won sh*t without Dwayne Wade

donald_trump
11-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm an idiot? I'm not the one who spout out trash and then can't back it up.

you asked yourself that question so you probably are.

i can back it up. why do you have the reputation as a lebron nut hugger on this forum? i guess everyone is making it up that you love lebron. :rolleyes:

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:11 AM
And to make matters worse,

Seriously? :oldlol:

These aren't major differences. You take any 7 game sample size and you'll see these types of differences. It's not like these numbers are a big deal. It's not the gap that would tell me one player is better than other.

I don't think Spolestra is worrying about LeBron getting more blocks. Wade and LeBron are doing what they're supposed to.

Bosh on the other hand, is having issues. He should be trying to live off of offensive rebounds. With Wade and LeBron on the team, Bosh shouldn't even worry about getting back. He should be crashing the glass on every play.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:13 AM
you asked yourself that question so you probably are.

i can back it up. why do you have the reputation as a lebron nut hugger on this forum? i guess everyone is making it up that you love lebron. :rolleyes:

How old are you? You're argument is "Well... everyone else says so."

Once again, all I've ever said is that LeBron had every reason and right to leave Cleveland and that he's fun to watch. How exactly does that make me a "LeBron nut hugger?"

Is it just that I will argue my point?

game3524
11-07-2010, 12:15 AM
Seriously? :oldlol:

These aren't major differences. You take any 7 game sample size and you'll see these types of differences. It's not like these numbers are a big deal. It's not the gap that would tell me one player is better than other.

I don't think Spolestra is worrying about LeBron getting more blocks. Wade and LeBron are doing what they're supposed to.

Bosh on the other hand, is having issues. He should be trying to live off of offensive rebounds. With Wade and LeBron on the team, Bosh shouldn't even worry about getting back. He should be crashing the glass on every play.

I think eventually he will get it, he has to embrace the Garnett role and just do the dirty things. He is always going to be seen as a the third wheel, he might as well try to help his team win ball games by focusing on rebounding and defense, instead of scoring.

If Bosh doesn't, the Heat won't make it pass the Celtics.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:15 AM
LeBron's legacy if he never wins a title without Wade in his career: Overrated stat-padder/choke artist that never won sh*t without Dwayne Wade

Not remotely. When and if Miami wins a title, it will completely overshadow the 2006 win. No one really holds Kareem against Magic and Kareem had major success before Magic arrived.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:18 AM
I think eventually he will get it, he has to embrace the Garnett role and just do the dirty things. He is always going to be seen as a the third wheel, he might as well try to help his team win ball games by focusing on rebounding and defense, instead of scoring.

If Bosh doesn't, the Heat won't make it pass the Celtics.

Bosh has to be the presence on the boards for this team. Anthony isn't going to do it. LeBron and Wade can grab a few, but perimeter players can't be expected to dominated the boards night in and night out.

It would be different if Miami had a Marcus Camby or something at the five, but they don't. Bosh should count his night a success or failure by how many boards he gets.

donald_trump
11-07-2010, 12:19 AM
How old are you? You're argument is "Well... everyone else says so."

Once again, all I've ever said is that LeBron had every reason and right to leave Cleveland and that he's fun to watch. How exactly does that make me a "LeBron nut hugger?"

Is it just that I will argue my point?

the fact your still in this thread trying to shake this image is baffling... if you didnt care so much you wouldnt be here arguing pointlessly with some guy on the internet over who your favorite player is.

of course. resort back to, you must be young and stupid. :rolleyes:
you don't get a rep for no reason. and from looking at your posts in the past and the fact everyone else agrees that is my proof. what more proof can i give you over the internet? you're completely illogical and irrational at this point because its hurt your feelings.

get over it lebron groupie.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
if you didnt care so much you wouldnt be here arguing pointlessly with some guy on the internet over who your favorite player is.

It's called multitasking. I'm capable of doing more than one thing at a time. Having a window open for this board doesn't stop me from doing other things.

game3524
11-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Bosh has to be the presence on the boards for this team. Anthony isn't going to do it. LeBron and Wade can grab a few, but perimeter players can't be expected to dominated the boards night in and night out.

It would be different if Miami had a Marcus Camby or something at the five, but they don't. Bosh should count his night a success or failure by how many boards he gets.

Agreed.

jrong
11-07-2010, 12:26 AM
OK, everybody watch the unnecessary alleyoop from Wade to James and their reaction afterwards. And then take a step back and breathe. These guys are not only teammates not competitiors with mutual respect for each other, but they also are great friends!

This could be a special, special union. Think about this. If Wade is the one averaging near 30 in contested games, and he can do that for maybe two more years after this, does that mean LeBron can't do that anymore? No, it just means LeBron at 28 or so in his absolute combined physical-mental prime will be ready to take over total reins of the franchise, but he'll be fresher because for a few years, Wade shouldered a lot of the load.

Looking at it this way, it's possible to see how they could earn a fist full of rings....

....And on topic, as a Wade fan, I'd love to see get him an MVP. It would be ultimate validation of how good he has been because since 05-06, with the exception of his injury year, he's been an MVP-calibre player. And I'd like to think that if he got it, his boy Bron would be happy for him... and then probably give him shit because he still only had one... at which point Wade would flash his ring and his Finals MVP... (and then LBJ would pull out his endorsement portfolio, and the conversation would end..)

EnoughSaid
11-07-2010, 12:30 AM
How did this turn into a who's was better last season? Even though I'm a D-Wade fan, I know that LeBron is the better player. It's just that it's different when two phenomenal players like Wade and Bron are on the same team. I'd take a 30/5/7 guy over a 20/11/4 guy any day of the week. But I still think LeBron is the best out of those two.

bleedinpurpleTwo
11-07-2010, 01:50 AM
The season thus far (big 3 only):
1. Kobe
2. DWade
3. Robin

itsGameTime
11-07-2010, 02:12 AM
:oldlol: @ Kurosawa0 surpassing Lebron23 as the biggest Lebron nutzhugger on insidehoops. I never thought it was possible. I don't think this guy even reads what he posts.

Anyone with half a brain has seen Wade as clearly the better player between him and Lebron so far on this Heat team. Congratulations. Bandwagoner getting owned by the real Heat fans.

KG5MVP
11-07-2010, 02:38 AM
The season thus far (big 3 only):
1. Kobe
2. DWade
3. Robin

You mean:
1. Chris Paul
2. Pau Gasol

macpierce
11-07-2010, 02:49 AM
You mean:
1. Chris Paul
2. Pau Gasol
Mark Jackson "You're better than that!" :hammerhead:

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 02:50 AM
You mean:
1. Chris Paul
2. Pau Gasol

:oldlol: :oldlol: Thats what he mean't he just didnt know it.. :oldlol: @ kobe stans licking their chops thinking now that lebron and wade are not in the picture, kobe will grab the MVP easily. CP3 just spoiled the party, he's back to reclaim the MVP trophy Kobe robbed him. :oldlol:

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 02:51 AM
I would like to see Wade win a regular season MVP and lebron a Finals MVP..

Maga_1
11-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Wade as a shot as a MVP, and LeBron too .. but one of them will be the MVP just if they got the best record in the league.

Harion
11-07-2010, 07:10 AM
:facepalm at ppl equating MVP with best player

get this into your head ppl. MVP stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
you know what valuable means? put that into the context of most "valuable" player...

that means for a player to be a MVP of a team
he has to be so vital to that team that taking him out would make the team suck so bad

that means neither Lebron, nor Wade, nor Kobe, nor Gasol will get it this year
because even with one of them out, you know their team will still be competitive

the sure shoo-in for MVP candidate would be Durant and CP3
as of now

you look at their team and you simply cannot imagine their team winning without them

that folks, is the real meaning of being MVP

not being the one with the highest stats or the most complete game, etc.
but just simply being the most indispensable player on your team
that's why MJ won it everytime
because no one can argue that the Bulls would be anything but a winner if he wasn't on that team

edit: and historically, voters only chose candidates that were on a winning team
i think there was only one time a player won MVP with his team being a losing team
i forgot who... you can research it tho...

RoseCity07
11-07-2010, 07:51 AM
No because without Lebron and Bosh, Lebron was the league MVP. So when you add the previous MVP you don't get to become the MVP of your team.

Allstar24
11-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Uh no he doesn't...when you have 2 of the 3 best players in the league playing on the same team, its pretty obvious that neither should get it. They're not MVP candidates.

CP3 and KD are the leaders of their own teams...as long as they keep winning, one of them will get it.

Ikill
11-07-2010, 09:11 AM
Well who else would win it durants and pauls team won't be good enough kobe won't get the stats. My 3 candidates are Dwight Howard he will have to score more melo, and Wade. The only way wade wins it if his numbers are 25 5 5 and the heat win in the high 60s and no team is even close. So i'm going with Dwight Howard, but watch out for Brandon Roy and derrick Rose.

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 09:56 AM
CP3 just spoiled the party, he's back to reclaim the MVP trophy Kobe robbed him.

:oldlol: Kobe robbed Paul of MVP?

Kobe led the Lakers to the #1 seed in the West averaging 28ppg 6rpg 5apg 2spg on 46 FG% 58 TS%.

Chris Paul choked and got embarrassed losing 4 of the Hornets last 6 games in the '08 season that put them #2 behind the Lakers.

How was Paul robbed of MVP when he lost 4 of his last 6 games? When his team was #2 in the West and #4 overall in the league? When he got embarrassed by by Deron Williams and Jason Kidd in two of those 4 games they lost during the end of the season? When he only scored 2 points on 1-10 shooting and 4 points on 2-11 shooting?

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 11:11 AM
:oldlol: Kobe robbed Paul of MVP?

No, he robbed LeBron James and his 30/8/7

Or KG, who had the biggest affect of any player on a team in that year.

Kobe got the MVP in 2008 because he never had won it before. He was far from the most deserving player that year.

He should've got it in 2006 and maybe 2007, that's it.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 11:15 AM
:oldlol: @ Kurosawa0 surpassing Lebron23 as the biggest Lebron nutzhugger on insidehoops

:oldlol:

Could you give up on an argument anymore than this?

Samvt
11-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Wade looks unstoppable.

Lebron looks... well looks like he has to try his hardest to score. and he's a turnover machine.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Wade looks unstoppable.

Lebron looks... well looks like he has to try his hardest to score. and he's a turnover machine.
:applause: :rockon: :bowdown: :cheers:

PowerGlove
11-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Wade tries too hard to score to be honest. He hasnt changed one bit.

NUPE_1911
11-07-2010, 11:55 AM
This thread is dumb. Wade is Batman. LeBron is Superman. And Bosh, well, Bosh is Catwoman.

Samvt
11-07-2010, 11:58 AM

I don't know how anyone who has watched every minute of the season so far, can disagree.

Dwayne is always the best player on good teams.

championship run w/ shaq? Wade

All star game ? wade (mvp)

Olympics ? wade (mvp)

W/ bosh and bron.. ? wade !

Dude rises to the occasion.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't know how anyone who has watched every minute of the season so far, can disagree.

Olympics ? wade (mvp)

Repeat post:

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Kobe got the MVP in 2008 because he never had won it before. He was far from the most deserving player that year.

GTFOH!

Kobe won MVP because he led the Lakers to the #1 seed in the far superior Western Conference and that was without Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza missing most of the year.

:oldlol: @ Le-stat padder deserving MVP that year. Kobe, Paul, KG > LeBron as an MVP that year. He didn't finish top 3 in voting in '08.

He was only able to lead his team to 45 wins in the weak Eastern Conference. They wouldn't have even made the playoffs out West.

game3524
11-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Kobe was the best player on the best team in the most competitive conference in recent memory, he deserved to win the award.

Get over it.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm still stunned Dwyane Wade has never won an MVP.

:facepalm @ the league, don't know how to recognize greatness.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Kobe was the best player on the best team in the most competitive conference in recent memory, he deserved to win the award.

Get over it.

He wasn't more valuable to the Lakers than KG was to Boston or LeBron was to the Cavs. Period.

lilgodfather1
11-07-2010, 12:46 PM

Olympics ? wade (mvp)

The only team that has had LeBron and Wade on it for an extended period of time (aka more than a couple of games) was the Olympic team and LeBron was clearly the best player on that Olympic team. He was in the top 5 in every single statistical category, Wade wasn't, LeBron also was playing very good defense that year, Wade was as well, but not to the same extent.

As time goes on this season all the Wade for MVP talk will be shut down because LeBron will get more comfortable on the team and he will put up amazing stats as usual. LeBron always starts the season off pretty slow, but come the later part of December he will be putting up around 26/8/7 mark my words.

lilgodfather1
11-07-2010, 12:47 PM
He wasn't more valuable to the Lakers than KG was to Boston or LeBron was to the Cavs. Period.
Or Chris Paul was to the Hornets. The Hornets only had one less win than the Lakers did, CP3 had the best non LeBron stats in the league, and he dragged his tema tooth and nails to the second best record in the West.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Or Chris Paul was to the Hornets. The Hornets only had one less win than the Lakers did, CP3 had the best non LeBron stats in the league, and he dragged his tema tooth and nails to the second best record in the West.

That's the point. Kobe just wasn't the most valuable player that year. You can definitely make the argument that he was in 2006 or 2007, but in 2008, he just wasn't. Everyone just came together and decided that he was due.

I do love that I get negged for saying that Kobe shouldn't have won in 2008, but my opinion has Kobe getting two MVP awards instead of one. Nice.

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Your delusional.

He was easily more valuable to the Lakers. Put the Cavs in the Western Conference and they don't even make the playoffs.

KG had a case because he led Boston to the #1 seed in the East but Kobe led the Lakers to the #1 seed in the superior West and had better stats.

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Yes, he was.

Take KG off the Celtics, they are still 7th or 8th seed team in the East. Take Bryant off the Lakers that year, they are in the lottery. Kobe led his team to the best record in the most competitive race in recent memory. Lebron had no shot, if he had won the award in 2008. Then Kobe in 2006, Iverson in 2005, and McGrady in 2003 all should have been MVP.

The NBA isn't like baseball where they give the award to anyone regardless of wins.

jrong
11-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Another thing to keep in mind is that the Heat may not have as many blowouts as the season wears on. They've only beaten one good team so far plus the Nets twice, the Sixers, and the Twolves. And Wade is averaging about 32 minutes a game. If his minutes-average rises to 37 or so, then his scoring average is likely to jump to around 28 ppg. All of the sudden, with that kind of number it doesn't seem so farfetched that he could get consideration if the Heat do end up with the best record.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Wade for 2011 MVP.

Will bump this in June.:rockon:

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Yes, he was.

Take KG off the Celtics, they are still 7th or 8th seed team in the East. Take Bryant off the Lakers that year, they are in the lottery. Kobe led his team to the best record in the most competitive race in recent memory. Lebron had no shot, if he had won the award in 2008. Then Kobe in 2006, Iverson in 2005, and McGrady in 2003 all should have been MVP.

The NBA isn't like baseball where they give they award to anyone regardless of wins.

Take LeBron off the Cavs and how many wins do they have that year? 9?

KG was the best player on a team that went from 18 wins to 65. That's far more remarkable than anything Kobe Bryant did in 2008.

You even have to put Chris Paul ahead of Kobe. Paul had better stats and was certainly more important to his team.

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 01:12 PM
That's the point. Kobe just wasn't the most valuable player that year. You can definitely make the argument that he was in 2006 or 2007, but in 2008, he just wasn't. Everyone just came together and decided that he was due.

I do love that I get negged for saying that Kobe shouldn't have won in 2008, but my opinion has Kobe getting two MVP awards instead of one. Nice.

So then do you think that Wade was the MVP in 2009 and 2010?

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 01:13 PM

And 2006.:D

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:18 PM

No, because LeBron was still more valuable to his team.

Wade averaged 30, 8 and 5 in 2009 and 27, 7 and 5 in 2010.

LeBron averaged 28, 7 and 8 in 2009 and 30, 9 and 7 in 2010.

Both averaged very similar numbers, but LeBron's are still better. With LeBron putting up those numbers, combined with his responsibility to do everything in Cleveland, he's the clear choice. As he was, both years.

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:18 PM

KG was the best player on a team that went from 18 wins to 65. That's far more remarkable than anything Kobe Bryant did in 2008.

You even have to put Chris Paul ahead of Kobe. Paul had better stats and was certainly more important to his team.

Lebron's team only won 45 games, he had no shot of winning the award because his team doesn't have the wins. If Lebron wins it in 2008, then you are opening up Pandora's box. If he had won it would be a slap in the face of Bryant in 2006, Iverson in 2005, and maybe McGrady in 2003.

They weren't going to give the award to a guy on team that won less then 50 games.

KG was on the best team, but Bryant was on the best team in one of the most competitive races in NBA history. On top of that, Kobe had just as big of an impact. He played all 82 games, regained his all-defensive team form, and found the right balance between scoring and getting his guys in involved.

Paul would have been the MVP IMO, if his team had won against LA that April. In that game Kobe nearly put up a triple double, while CP3 struggled a bit.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:19 PM
And 2006.:D

Nah, Miami played pretty poorly in the regular season. The Pistons dominated the conference and Miami was supposed to be the best team in the league.

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 01:20 PM

And how many games do the Lakers with with Odom/Walton/Fisher/Kwame Brown/Brain Cook in 2008 with Bynum and Ariza missing most of the year due to injury?

:oldlol: @ Chris Paul being more important to his team do I have to debunk that crap again?

Ne 1
11-07-2010, 01:21 PM
No, because LeBron was still more valuable to his team.

Wade averaged 30, 8 and 5 in 2009 and 27, 7 and 5 in 2010.

LeBron averaged 28, 7 and 8 in 2009 and 30, 9 and 7 in 2010.

Both averaged very similar numbers, but LeBron's are still better. With LeBron putting up those numbers, combined with his responsibility to do everything in Cleveland, he's the clear choice. As he was, both years.

What are your thought processes whenever you decide debate basketball. Where do you gather your info from? How do you construct your thoughts? Do you read any dissenting views on the subject? Do you do any critical thinking?

I really want to know.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Paul would have been the MVP IMO, if his team had won against LA that April. In that game Kobe nearly put up a triple double, while CP3 struggled a bit.

That was the dumbest argument I've ever seen in a MVP debate. I remember wanting to slam my head against something. You don't make the case that a guy isn't the MVP because of one game. That was an excuse, not a reason.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:23 PM
What are your thought processes whenever you decide debate basketball. Where do you gather your info from? How do you construct your thoughts? Do you read any dissenting views on the subject? Do you do any critical thinking?

I really want to know.

It's called watching the league, for 16 years. Not just Laker games.

:oldlol: @ Chris Paul being more important to his team do I have to debunk that crap again?

Apparently you do, because it's one of the most debated MVP races of the last decade. It's not just me arguing for Paul.

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:23 PM
That was the dumbest argument I've ever seen in a MVP debate. I remember wanting to slam my head against something. You don't make the case that a guy isn't the MVP because of one game. That was an excuse, not a reason.

He lost because his team lost the chance at being 1st place in the West, that was the deciding factor for many people because they thought their impact to their teams were close.

B-Easy
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM

I agree .. I think the media wanted Kobe to get his first MVP.

If you look at the talent level around Paul . .compared to Kobe Bryant .. its not even close...that fact that New Orleans was 1 game behind LA is more of a positive for Paul.

for some reason people were under the perception that D. West was as good as Gasol.. and Tyson Chandler was a top Center at that time.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:25 PM
If you look at the talent level around Paul . .compared to Kobe Bryant .. its not even close...that fact that New Orleans was 1 game behind LA is more of a positive for Paul

Exactly. No one had New Orleans being second in the West. No one.

It truly is about the narrative though. If OKC gets the second seed in the West this year, Durant probably gets the MVP.

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Exactly. No one had New Orleans being second in the West. No one.

It truly is about the narrative though. If OKC gets the second seed in the West this year, Durant probably gets the MVP.

The Lakers were the number one team out west prior to getting Pau.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
He lost because his team lost the chance at being 1st place in the West, that was the deciding factor for many people because they thought their impact to their teams were close.

Don't act like it was ever a legit race. Paul was just the other guy to mention. The voters decided that Kobe was getting the award long before that game.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:28 PM
The Lakers were the number one team out west prior to getting Pau.

I didn't say anything about Pau. I remember Andrew Bynum playing very well before he got injured and they made the trade.

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Don't act like it was ever a legit race. Paul was just the other guy to mention. The voters decided that Kobe was getting the award long before that game.

If Paul's team had won and finished first in the West, he would most likely be the MVP, and Bryant finishes second.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
If Paul's team had won and finished first in the West, he would most likely be the MVP, and Bryant finishes second.

Not buying that. The media anointed Kobe once the whole "Hey, he's never won it." talking point was everywhere.

The argument would've just been "He came into the season wanting to be traded, but he stuck it out and they fought all the way to the #2 seed."

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:33 PM
I didn't say anything about Pau. I remember Andrew Bynum playing very well before he got injured and they made the trade.

Bynum played well, but Bryant was the catalyst. IMO, 07-08 was his best season, regardless of stats. His defense was spectacular, after some sub-par years in 2007 and 2006. And he seemed to have found the right balance of getting guys involved and scoring. Paul was terrific, and I would have no problem if he had won, but I would have gone with Bryant.

catch24
11-07-2010, 01:36 PM

What? Prior to acquisition of Gasol, Kobe was leading that team to a top record in the West (remember, at the time it was EXTREMELY competitive). Point is he was playing MVP basketball way before the PG trade. When Gasol did come, Kobe continued to be dominant, ending the season at 28/6/5 while leading his team to the #1 seed in the conference. How exactly is that NOT legit?

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Bynum played well, but Bryant was the catalyst. IMO, 07-08 was his best season, regardless of stats. His defense was spectacular, after some sub-par years in 2007 and 2006. And he seemed to have found the right balance of getting guys involved and scoring. Paul was terrific, and I would have no problem if he had won, but I would have gone with Bryant.

I would've had the ranking as:

1. Chris Paul
2. Kevin Garnett
3. LeBron James
4. Kobe Bryant

B-Easy
11-07-2010, 01:38 PM

I remember even when NO was ahead the media was pushing for Kobe .. because "Paul is young and hell get his in the future"

the criteria changes based on who the media decides to push for MVP . .and this preaseason it has been Kobe and Durant.

i could see LA finish with the best record .. and Kobe wins it easily because of best player on the best team.

But if Miami finishes with the best record ...theyll give it Chis Paul or Durant if they finish high in the standings because they did it with less help ..

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
What? Prior to acquisition of Gasol, Kobe was leading that team to a top record in the West (remember, at the time it was EXTREMELY competitive). Point is he was playing MVP basketball way before the PG trade. When Gasol did come, Kobe continued to be dominant, ending the season at 28/6/5 while leading his team to the #1 seed in the conference. How exactly is that NOT legit?

I actually remember thinking that the competitiveness in the West was way over blown. It had more to do with San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix falling back into the middle than everyone being super good.

The point is simply that Kobe Bryant was far from the clear MVP in the league. KG, Paul and LeBron all had equal, albeit probably better cases to win the award.

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Really are people still complaining about Kobe's MVP? What year are we in?

Really? Is this gonna be like Iverson's Mvp where people continue to complain when it's no longer relevant.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I do love that I've gotten negged 4 times in the thread. :oldlol:

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I got negged once by saying Dwyane Wade for MVP.:facepalm

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I remember even when NO was ahead the media was pushing for Kobe .. because "Paul is young and hell get his in the future"

the criteria changes based on who the media decides to push for MVP . .and this preaseason it has been Kobe and Durant.

i could see LA finish with the best record .. and Kobe wins it easily because of best player on the best team.

But if Miami finishes with the best record ...theyll give it Chis Paul or Durant if they finish high in the standings because they did it with less help ..

Criteria hasn't really change, historically it has always gone to the best guy on the best team in the conference or league. There have been exceptions like Nash, but the race between Kobe and Paul was razor thin, so team success had a say in it.

And as for this year, Kobe has no chance.....unless LA gets 70 wins. But this year it is between Durant and Paul.

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 01:43 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PurpleChuck again.

I rep you like every time I'm online :oldlol:

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
I actually remember thinking that the competitiveness in the West was way over blown. It had more to do with San Antonio, Dallas and Phoenix falling back into the middle than everyone being super good.

The point is simply that Kobe Bryant was far from the clear MVP in the league. KG, Paul and LeBron all had equal, albeit probably better cases to win the award.

That is hogwash, the West was super competitive that year. Yes, the Suns and Spurs declined a bit. But they were still much better then the teams in the East. There were only two teams in the East that year worth a damn, Boston and Detroit.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I rep you like every time I'm online :oldlol:

Dude thanks, will follow suit.:cheers:

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Also I never understood why people say Wade is injury prone seeing how much his body hits the floor I'm suprised he's not injured a lot more:pimp:

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
That is hogwash, the West was super competitive that year. Yes, the Suns and Spurs declined a bit. But they were still much better then the teams in the East. There were only two teams in the East that year worth a damn, Boston and Detroit.

Man, I really don't want anything I say to be hogwash! :(

It has nothing to do with the East. There were a lot of good teams in the West, but it's not like all 8 were amazingly good. It's why the Western playoffs were a huge letdown. Everyone was expecting this huge battle royal, but it ended being pretty boring.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Also I never understood why people say Wade is injury prone seeing how much his body hits the floor I'm suprised he's not injured a lot more:pimp:

Yup good point. The way/style he plays, he should have gone through much more injuries. Well what can we say, he's a strong guy.:applause:

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 01:48 PM

I still remember seeing his commercial of "fall down 7 times, get up 8" and thinking "He's gonna be hurt, a lot."

game3524
11-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Man, I really don't want anything I say to be hogwash! :(

It has nothing to do with the East. There were a lot of good teams in the West, but it's not like all 8 were amazingly good. It's why the Western playoffs were a huge letdown. Everyone was expecting this huge battle royal, but it ended being pretty boring.

All 8 teams were very good teams, when your 8th seed team is a 50 win team, and your 9th place team wins 48 then the conference is pretty damn good. The West had not been that competitive in years.

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I still remember seeing his commercial of "fall down 7 times, get up 8" and thinking "He's gonna be hurt, a lot."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1pmjQtut0

Reminds me of this. Players like A.I and Wade take quite a beating on their bodies.

catch24
11-07-2010, 01:57 PM

Whether or not it had to do with teams "falling back", fact is he was leading his team atop the West before Gasol came to town.

He wasn't the clear MVP, but he was definitely it's best candidate. Top seed in the west, best stats on the best team (although Boston was better, Kobe had superior stats than anyone on Boston imo). Neither Paul, LeBron or KG had better cases (especially LeBron). The other two were just about equal, but again, Kobe had the BEST combination. Top record in the West with GREAT individual statistics.

PurpleChuck
11-07-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1pmjQtut0

Reminds me of this. Players like A.I and Wade take quite a beating on their bodies.

Sick visual effects that AI vid!

And lol @ the youtube comment, "AI is the Rey Mysterio of b-ball". So true.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Neither Paul, LeBron or KG had better cases (especially LeBron).

Sorry, disagree.

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 02:02 PM
If it's 08 and I have a vote for Mvp I'm going with Kobe all the way from what I remember of that season.

catch24
11-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Sorry, disagree.

Whats there to disagree about? :confusedshrug:

Going by the media's criteria, Kobe had the best case for MVP.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Whats there to disagree about? :confusedshrug:

Going by the media's criteria, Kobe had the best case for MVP.

Read the last several pages. I feel that KG, Paul and LeBron meant more to their teams. KG was the best player on far and away the best team in the league. Chris Paul carried his team and they completely over performed.

LeBron had the best stats of anyone and had to carry a team that was in shambles. His 2008 performance was just as good as what Wade did in 2009.

catch24
11-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Read the last several pages. I feel that KG, Paul and LeBron meant more to their teams. KG was the best player on far and away the best team in the league. Chris Paul carried his team and they completely over performed.

Except the Celtics weren't far and away the best team in the league. The Lakers weren't that far behind, and individually, KG wasn't better than Kobe. Better defensive presence, sure. Scoring the ball? No. Playmaking? Nope. Again, it's cool to say KG and Paul were arguable but you're delusional thinking they had "better cases" (nevermind LeBron lol).

LeBron had the best stats of anyone and had to carry a team that was in shambles. His 2008 performance was just as good as what Wade did in 2009.

So you're saying LeBron having the best stats and having to carry a team to the playoffs is part of your criteria? If that's the case, then Wade should of been MVP in 2009.

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Lebron's injury cost him the MVP in 2008. He could've been sitting on 3 MVP's by now.

macpierce
11-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Lebron's injury cost him the MVP in 2008. He could've been sitting on 3 MVP's by now.
and kobe's injury cost him the MVP the last two years, see what I did there :roll:

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
and kobe's injury cost him the MVP the last two years, see what I did there :roll:

Nope, lebron was clearly the MVP in the past 2 years. It was not even close. Kobe couldn't win one until they robbed CP3.. After 11 years what makes you think he could've won 2 MVP's back to back. Lets get real here and stop with the delusions :oldlol: See what i just did there ? :oldlol:

bleedinpurpleTwo
11-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Nope, lebron was clearly the MVP in the past 2 years. It was not even close. Kobe couldn't win one until they robbed CP3.. After 11 years what makes you think he could've won 2 MVP's back to back. Lets get real here and stop with the delusions :oldlol: See what i just did there ? :oldlol:

Lebron isn't even MVP of his own team.

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Lebron isn't even MVP of his own team.

where ? When he was in cleveland ?? :oldlol: If you are talking about Miami, well lebron has won his MVp's he's now gunning for the Finals MVP. I want wade to win a season MVP though, like i've stated earlier on before in this thread.

KenneBell
11-07-2010, 04:22 PM
In the media's eyes, no. Neither does LeBron for that matter unless one of them goes down tomorrow and the Heat experience almost no drop off in performance.

That's highly unlikely.

Harion
11-07-2010, 05:04 PM
This thread is dumb. Wade is Batman. LeBron is Superman. And Bosh, well, Bosh is Catwoman.
repped if i could rep you

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Except the Celtics weren't far and away the best team in the league. The Lakers weren't that far behind, and individually, KG wasn't better than Kobe. Better defensive presence, sure. Scoring the ball? No. Playmaking? Nope. Again, it's cool to say KG and Paul were arguable but you're delusional thinking they had "better cases" (nevermind LeBron lol).

So you're saying LeBron having the best stats and having to carry a team to the playoffs is part of your criteria? If that's the case, then Wade should of been MVP in 2009.

Wade had a case in 2009, no doubt. LeBron just had a better one.

And yes, the 2008 Celtics were a much, much better team than the 2008 Lakers.

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM

Even the pistons were a much better team than the lakers in 2008..

Celtics had 66 wins
Pistons Had 59 Wins
Lakers had 57 wins

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Even the pistons were a much better team than the lakers in 2008..

Celtics had 66 wins
Pistons Had 59 Wins
Lakers had 57 wins

Boston completely owned that season. They beat the Lakers both times in the regular season and ended Houston's winning streak. It wasn't until the faced Atlanta and Cleveland in the playoffs that they didn't look like a monster.

Look, they completely outclassed the Lakers in the Finals. There's no question that in 2008 Boston was a far superior team.

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC09754lg.jpg

ashbelly
11-07-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC09754lg.jpg

:oldlol: :oldlol: Dude kirilenko is way softer than Bosh.

catch24
11-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Barring injuries to Ariza and Bynum, the Lakers were nearly just as good as the C's. Don't get me wrong, that's not a shot at BOS, they were BETTER, just not "far and away".

BTW, I disagree with the media's gauge on what an "MVP" is, anyway. Personally I would of given it to D-Wade. "I tell you Dwyane is a phenomenon, if he's not talked in terms of the MVP then I think they really not giving a fair assessment of the mvp. Nomatter what you can say about his team, you take him away from his team I'm pretty sure they would not be as successful as you take away LeBron and you take away Kobe....I'm pretty sure those teams would still be competitive. Not to speak down on his teammates, just in terms of how much he represents offensively and defensively on their team and the leadership. So that, for whatever reason never goes into consideration of the MVP, and I think that should have some real hardcore understandings that this kid each and everyday if he's not playing they don't have a chance to win, and then when he does then they can beat anybody on the basketball court." - Michael Jordan

B-Easy
11-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Barring injuries to Ariza and Bynum, the Lakers were nearly just as good as the C's. Don't get me wrong, that's not a shot at BOS, they were BETTER, just not "far and away".

BTW, I disagree with the media's gauge on what an "MVP" is, anyway. Personally I would of given it to D-Wade. "I tell you Dwyane is a phenomenon, if he's not talked in terms of the MVP then I think they really not giving a fair assessment of the mvp. Nomatter what you can say about his team, you take him away from his team I'm pretty sure they would not be as successful as you take away LeBron and you take away Kobe....I'm pretty sure those teams would still be competitive. Not to speak down on his teammates, just in terms of how much he represents offensively and defensively on their team and the leadership. So that, for whatever reason never goes into consideration of the MVP, and I think that should have some real hardcore understandings that this kid each and everyday if he's not playing they don't have a chance to win, and then when he does then they can beat anybody on the basketball court." - Michael Jordan

agree with MJ . .thats why if CP3 is even within 10-15 games of the Lakers, Celtics, and Heat.. he deserves MVP.

catch24
11-07-2010, 05:44 PM
agree with MJ . .thats why if CP3 is even within 10-15 games of the Lakers, Celtics, and Heat.. he deserves MVP.

Still way too early in the season, but I think he'll win it too. NO looks fantastic, and much if NOT most that is because of CP3's presence.

Kurosawa0
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Still way too early in the season, but I think he'll win it too. NO looks fantastic, and much if NOT most that is because of CP3's presence.

Well, if they even make the playoffs that's an achievement. No one thought they would be this good. I think if they win the Southwest, Paul should get it.

Yung D-Will
11-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Dwyane wade 27.26 (5th in the league)

Lebron James 22.93 (25th in the league)

laronprofit9
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM

Kobe deserved his award in 2008.

I don't get how people can say Kobe wasn't close to the best player in the league in 2008. He was the MVP that season. That award alone by title, should give some merit to Kobe having a very good case for best player in the league. Plus great playoff series:

TS% = Points / (2 * FGA + FTA * 0.44) Note: Will bold TS%, not for emphasis, but to be able easily differentiate from formula.

2008 1st Round Playoffs Kobe Bryant vs Denver Nuggets
33.5 ppg 5.3 rpg 6.3 apg 50%fg 33%3P 74%FT 59%TS = 134/(2*(96+38*0.44))

2008 2nd Round Playoffs Kobe Bryant vs Utah Jazz
33.2 ppg 7.0 rpg 7.2 apg 49%fg 21%3P 83%FT 62%TS = 199/(2*(116+96*0.44))

2008 3rd Round Playoffs Kobe Bryant vs San Antonio Spurs
29.2 ppg 5.6 rpg 3.8 apg 53%fg 33%3P 91%FT 58%TS = 146/(2*(120+11*0.44))

Kobe's series against the Spurs that year was phenomenal. Considering how poorly Pau Gasol performed in that series.

2008 3rd Round Playoffs Pau Gasol vs San Antonio Spurs
13.2 ppg 9.6 rpg 3.6 apg 45%fg 0%3P 73%FT 47%TS = 66/(2*(65+11*0.44))

People always mention how poorly Kobe played in the 2008 Finals. It wasn't up to par with the rest of the series he played earlier, but it wasn't that bad.

2008 NBA Finals Kobe Bryant vs Boston Celtics
25.7 ppg 4.7 rpg 5.0 apg 41%fg 32%3P 80%FT 50%TS = 154/(2*(131+49*0.44))

Overall 2008 Playoff Numbers for Kobe Bryant
30.1 ppg 5.7 rpg 5.6 apg 48%fg 30%3P 81%FT 58%TS = 633/(2*(463+194*0.44))

Kobe has a damn good case for being the best player in the league that season.
1. Kobe seeded #1 in the WC with higher W-L record over Paul.
2. Kobe got further in the playoffs than Paul.
3. Kobe beat the Spurs with Pau Gasol only averaging 13.2ppg on 45%FG and 47%TS(Very poor percentages for a big man). Kobe averaged 29.2ppg on 53%FG and 58%TS. Best Player in the series outplaying Gasol, Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli.
4. Kobe only had Gasol for 27 games.
5. Paul had David West for 76 games.
6. Kobe won MVP, that is an argument for best player in the league.
7.Kobe 1st Team All-NBA
8.Kobe 1st Team All-Defense
9.Out of the 2008, 2009, and 2010 Lakers. The 2008 Lakers were easily the weakest supporting cast that Kobe led to the Finals.
10.Kobe beat 3 50+ win teams to get to the Finals, one of the most impressive individual led runs by a perimeter player of the decade. (Sorry to use this argument, but putting this into perspective, Lebron has only beaten 1 50+ win team in the playoffs for his entire career).
11.Lebron's Cavs were only 45-37 this season. Kobe's team had 12 more wins at 57.
12. Kobe played better than Lebron in the playoffs:

2008 1st Round Playoffs Kobe Bryant vs Denver Nuggets
33.5 ppg 5.3 rpg 6.3 apg 50%fg 33%3P 74%FT
2008 2nd Round Playoffs Kobe Bryant vs Utah Jazz
33.2 ppg 7.0 rpg 7.2 apg 49%fg 21%3P 83%FT
2008 3rd Round Playoffs Kobe Bryant vs San Antonio Spurs
29.2 ppg 5.6 rpg 3.8 apg 53%fg 33%3P 91%FT

13. Lebron played equally as bad or worse than Kobe did against the Celtics. Yes Lebron scored 47 points in game 7, but shot 2/18 with 10 To's in game 1.
Lebron shot 35%fg(48%TS) 5.3 TO's/G
Kobe shot 41%fg(50%TS) 3.8 TO's/G

14.Kevin Garnett had the best supporting cast in the league that year. He didn't win Finals MVP over his teammate Paul Pierce. He missed 11 games that season, and the Celtics went 9-2 over that span while he was gone.

I hate people who use the teammate argument against Kobe in 2008. Pau Gasol ONLY PLAYED 27 GAMES ON THE LAKERS IN THE 2008 SEASON. Kobe was the one constant on that Laker team playing all 82 games.