PDA

View Full Version : Wade vs Kobe so far this year

Papaya Petee
11-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Dwyane Wade- 24.1 PPG 6.6 RPG 3.7 APG 1.7 SPG 1.1 BPG 49% FG, 38% 3PT, 78% FT 33 MPG

Kobe Bryant- 22.9 PPG 5.8 RPG 4.7 APG .9 SPG .3 BPG 44% FG 88% FT 33% 3PT 31 MPG

Who has been better? Of course Wade has the luxury of playing with LeBron and Chris Bosh, but Kobe has the luxury of playing with Pau, Lamar, Barnes, and Artest. Heat are 5-2 and Lakers are 7-0, but I think that's mostly because Heat are still getting to play together for the first time, and LAL has been a powerhouse for the past 3 years. At the end of the year, Heat should have a better record, but now that's irrelevant.

Who has been playing better SO FAR this year?

SavageMode
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Adam Morrison.

KenneBell
11-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Up until yesterday, Kobe. He didn't really do much of anything yesterday so his stats took a hit.

SAKOTXA
11-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Up until yesterday, Kobe. He didn't really do much of anything yesterday so his stats took a hit.
There's a reason why this thread was made today...

Papaya Petee
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
How about because they both have 7 games and I wasn't home today.... I asked a legitimate question, because they seem close right now.

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Statistically, Wade has been better than Kobe every season. Now, he has the luxury of a very good team.

IMO, Wade will be > Kobe

game3524
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Bryant, yesterday is going to cause him to take a hit in the stats. But he is average 23-4-5 in just 31 minutes a game.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Wade has been better so far IMO

game3524
11-08-2010, 04:33 PM
How about because they both have 7 games and I wasn't home today.... I asked a legitimate question, because they seem close right now.

If Kobe had his usually stat line of 25-5-5 would you have made this thread, the only reason it is close at the moment is because he was terrible last night.

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 04:40 PM
2010-2011 STATISTICS
WADE:
33.29 MPG | 24.14 PPG | 6.43 RPG | 3.71 APG | 27.16 PER

KOBE:
31.29 MPG | 22.86 PPG | 5.71 RPG | 4.57 APG | 25.46 PER

Both TOP five in PER, and both players' teams have looked impressive. Wade is performing slightly better statistically as he has higher win shares, despite the fact Kobe's team has the better record. So, Wade.

ashbelly
11-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Obviously wade has been playing better.

game3524
11-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Kobe's PER was at 28.4 prior to last night, really it isn't all that close. Kobe has been more productive in less minutes played.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Like you guys said is only been 7 game..lol alway make that excuse but when it come to other player u guys just don't care.
and before last night kobe way better then wade, he got 2 game with 20+ point in the first half game and 1 tripe double. wade just got a high scoring game and alot of turnover.

ashbelly
11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Kobe's PER was at 28.4 prior to last night, really it isn't all that close. Kobe has been more productive in less minutes played.

Wade has been playing less minutes because they've been blowing out teams, against New orleans is when he had to play alot of minutes because the game was close .

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 04:49 PM

How? Even if you want to exclude Kobe's last game, they are still close.

JMT
11-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Judging either one before the last game of the NBA Finals is pointless. Neither is playing for the regular season.

Samurai Swoosh
Wade has been playing less minutes because they've been blowing out teams, against New orleans is when he had to play alot of minutes because the game was close .
They also have 2 losses ...

:oldlol:

Kobe had two games in a row where he was sitting on 20+ pts at the half and didn't have to do ish afterwards. Could've easily had some 40 or possibly 50 point games already.

:facepalm

Lakers are blowing teams out too, kid.

canefandynasty
Let's also remember that Kobe has played more inferior teams than Wade. Wade will probably be 30.00+ PER if he played against Laker opponents.

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Kobe had two games in a row where he was sitting on 20+ pts at the half and didn't have to do ish afterwards. Could've easily had some 40 or possibly 50 point games already.

Lakers haven't played against the likes of Boston, Orlando and New Orleans. And, Wade has the higher win shares in as many games played.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Let's also remember that Kobe has played more inferior teams than Wade. Wade will probably be 30.00+ PER if he played against Laker opponents.
u sure? because lebron alway get double team so it open it up for wade and kobe only do post up or create his own shot.

catch24
11-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Well thus far it's been Wade. I expect them to be just about equal by allstar break, though...

Samurai Swoosh
Lakers haven't played against the likes of Boston, Oralndo and New Orleans. And, Wade has the higher win shares in as many games played.
Win Shares mean nothing to me. Another fantasy stat made up by geeks with calculators.

Do you think the Lakers would get severely out played facing any of those teams?

No ..

So far they have been playing like the best team in the league. Then Boston ... then New Orleans ... then Miami.

canefandynasty
u sure? because lebron alway get double team so it open it up for wade and kobe only do post up or create his own shot.

You obviously don't watch Heat games.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
You obviously don't watch Heat games.
Wtf i watch all their game :lol :lol and everytime lebron try to drive in he get double team and he pass to the open man but d-wade barely get double anymore.

You can go check the game thread if u don't believe

canefandynasty
Win Shares mean nothing to me. Another fantasy stat made up by geeks with calculators.

Do you think the Lakers would get severely out played facing any of those teams?

No ..

So far they have been playing like the best team in the league. Then Boston ... then New Orleans ... then Miami.

They won't, but they would make Kobe work harder for his shot. Kobe wouldn't put up the same numbers playing against Boston, Oralndo and NO.

ashbelly

in blow outs wade plays 26 minutes, they've had 5 blow out games, 2 close. Also in the 1st game wade played so badly, i'm surprised he's made up for it.

Doranku
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Lakers haven't played against the likes of Boston, Orlando and New Orleans. And, Wade has the higher win shares in as many games played.

They also haven't played the Nets twice, the Timberwolves, or the 76ers.

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Wtf i watch all their game :lol :lol and everytime lebron try to drive in he get double team and he pass to the open man but d-wade barely get double anymore.

No you don't.

game3524
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
They won't, but they would make Kobe work harder for his shot. Kobe wouldn't put up the same numbers playing against Boston, Oralndo and NO.

Boston yes, but Orlando and NO, his production would be the same.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 04:56 PM
No you don't.
How can u tell me i didn't? i saw all their game.

Samurai Swoosh
11-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Boston would scheme wise ... not Orlando, or New Orleans. Kobe already faced one of the elite permiter defenders in the league in Shane Battier first game of the year. And he's better than any indivudal defender on ANY of those teams.

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Gasol > Wade > Kobe > LeBron this season

Samurai Swoosh
11-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Gasol > Wade > Kobe > LeBron this season
Wade > LeBron

Kobe > Gasol

Kobe playing in limited minutes, not having the offense run through him has been just as productive as Gasol whose averaging 6 more minutes per game, and more shot attempts.

canefandynasty
11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Wade > LeBron

Kobe > Gasol

Kobe playing in limited minutes, not having the offense run through him has been just as productive as Gasol whose averaging 6 more minutes per game, and more shot attempts.

That's why there is PER. It adjusts for things like pace and minutes, and Pau atill beats Kobe in that category. Pau's rate stats, as well as volume stats, outperforms Kobe.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM
That's why there is PER. It adjusts for things like pace and minutes, and Pau atill beats Kobe in that category. Pau's rate stats, as well as volume stats, outperforms Kobe.
PER is a dumb stats that a guy from espn make up.

Samurai Swoosh
11-08-2010, 05:07 PM
PER another dumb one made up by geeks with calculators (Hollinger? LOL plz). Pau's stats beat Bryant's because of rebounding numbers. That's all ...

indiefan24
11-08-2010, 05:08 PM

It's been 7 games.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Papa Troll, making a thread for mini trolls to come and spit there BS.

Lebron opens up Wade? really? :roll: is he James Jones spotting up in a corner?:lol
I didn't said he open up wade..i said team don't double up wade like they do lebron..everytime lebron get the ball they alway double and force him to get rip of the ball but yea troll will be troll both end..kobe fan and wade fan.

Dwade305
11-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I didn't said he open up wade..i said team don't double up wade like they do lebron..everytime lebron get the ball they alway double and force him to get rip of the ball but yea troll will be troll both end..kobe fan and wade fan.

Hihater
11-08-2010, 05:23 PM
I don't mean it like that.. trying to said wade can drive it without get double team like he used too.

gts
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm sorry if english is not my first languages and what is ur problem? i didn't even said anything bad about you.Everyone who has to endure your posts is sorry, they are painful to read and they make you come across as a fool.

Try taking your time, nobody is going to die if they have to wait an extra 3 minutes for your response.

Papaya Petee
11-08-2010, 08:45 PM
he's a heat/ebronl/wade fan

:wtf: Me a LeBron fan? Really.....

I made this thread because they seemed even. You guys hating is dumb. Both played limited minutes and still put up very impressive numbers, so it's pretty thread worthy. We can bump this every 10 games from now and keep discussing it, not a big deal. It's clearly close from what people are saying, so it's not like its a Dwight vs Perkins thread or something.

As to people saying Kobe didn't do anything last game, well Wade sat out a bunch of times as well, and played awful vs Boston, so it evens out.

Bigsmoke
11-08-2010, 08:51 PM
tie?

ginobli2311
11-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Kobe has been better so far this year. Its a small sample size obviously...but Kobe has been slightly better. Wade has stepped it up lately, but he had a terrible game in a relatively close loss to boston and he had that costly turnover against new orleans down the stretch....and wade has had a ton of turnovers so far.

Having said that. Wade is the slightly superior player and will show this throughout the year. Not a knock on Kobe....Wade is just that good when healthy and he's 4 years younger with about 6 year less of wear and tear. Its remarkable how good Kobe still is. Same with Duncan and same with KG and same with Dirk...those 4 guys have aged remarkably well.

NuggetsFan
11-08-2010, 09:09 PM

If this isn't a homer I don't know what is. So Kobe could have easily had some 40 or 50 point games? No he couldn't have. Yeah Lakers have been great and Kobe hasn't had to do as much but that doesn't automatically = if he wanted to he could do whatever he wants ..

It's been 7 games. I think Wade's been better so far but very small sample size. Kobe's been hurt so from what I've seen where there's sizeable gap at this point is that Wade's been the much better defender. He's taking a few plays off tho. Either way 7 games too small of sample size.

Papaya Petee
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
:oldlol: You guy's are prob on to something.

But i'll give OP the benefit of the doubt.....But OP, you gotta admit....With all the agenda threads going on lately, this does raise questions....I mean, A Wade vs Kobe thread out of the blue...Then it happens the day after Kobe has his worst game of the year which knocks his numbers down, which then fits the Wade argument better....And 7 games? PPl will ask, why thru 7 games? Whats the rush?...Then they fall back into the thinking of you chomping at the bits after Kobe played his worst game of the season last nigh.

:lol ...But I give you the benefit of the doubt bro...:cheers:

I told you, I got home from work wasn't aware, I just compared stats and they looked very close. It's not like Kobe's averaging 20\5\5 and Wades averaging 30\5\5, there both very close.

Plus, I told you guys to put up numbers after 6 games. Or bump this thread 25 games into the season. Don't matter to me. I actually called it a tie, so clearly I wasn't being a homer for Wade, but I got 7 neg reps.

branslowski
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I told you, I got home from work wasn't aware, I just compared stats and they looked very close. It's not like Kobe's averaging 20\5\5 and Wades averaging 30\5\5, there both very close.

Plus, I told you guys to put up numbers after 6 games. Or bump this thread 25 games into the season. Don't matter to me. I actually called it a tie, so clearly I wasn't being a homer for Wade, but I got 7 neg reps.

Oh, I'm not saying you are being a homer or watever...I believe you....Just the time the thread was made, and the fact that it was made seems fishy to most...No big deal. I actually choose Wade anyway...He's been leading his squad to W's while still trying to gel with Bron and Bosh....Can't go wrong with either.

ginobli2311
11-08-2010, 09:37 PM

Branslowski thinks anyone that posts something that does not praise Kobe has a clear cut negative agenda.

Who cares what the agenda here is? This thread is a good discussion. Even with the game last night...Kobe has been the better player so far this year. The stats are very close, but Kobe hasn't been turning the ball over a lot and hasn't had an awful game in a loss yet. Kobe also hasn't turned the ball over in a crucial situation yet.

You all know i love wade, but Kobe has been damn good so far this year and slightly better than wade.

It doesn't always have to be an agenda. Why can't we just discuss this stuff without kobe fans always claiming "agenda agenda agenda"....getting old fast.

KenneBell
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Before last night night Kobe was averaging:

32mpg
24.7ppg
6.3rpg
5.2apg
46/35/88
1.0spg
2.3TO

BallPhunk
11-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Branslowski thinks anyone that posts something that does not praise Kobe has a clear cut negative agenda.

Who cares what the agenda here is? This thread is a good discussion. Even with the game last night...Kobe has been the better player so far this year. The stats are very close, but Kobe hasn't been turning the ball over a lot and hasn't had an awful game in a loss yet. Kobe also hasn't turned the ball over in a crucial situation yet.

You all know i love wade, but Kobe has been damn good so far this year and slightly better than wade.

It doesn't always have to be an agenda. Why can't we just discuss this stuff without kobe fans always claiming "agenda agenda agenda"....getting old fast.

Wade does seem to be "pressing" right now. Kobe seems about as comfortable as he ever has. Both are understandable give the current situations.

branslowski
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Fishy?:oldlol:

Ok, Kobe had a bad game, Wade had a bad, amateurish game in Boston. It evens out. You guys really need to stop with all these excuses, conspiracy theories,etc.

I'm speaking on how it looks....Again...I never said dude made this thread out of agenda...Just speaking from what others think.

GTFO and cheer for your shitty ass Craptors.

branslowski
11-08-2010, 09:49 PM
You had to resort to that so early?:oldlol: Yup, U mad. I'm watching the Hawks-Magic game as of now. It doesn't phase me, I just keep it moving.

I'm not mad....I love you.

Pretty sure if a Kobe fan made a thread like this after both game 1's of the year...He would be called out for pushing an agenda.

branslowski
11-08-2010, 09:51 PM
and no. i clearly won our debate as you failed on every front and just stopped replying.

Gasol isn't top 10 Player of the Decade.

THIS Lakers team isn't the BEST of the decade.

If I made a thread on thses 2 topics...The opinions would be wildly in my favor. There was no reason to continue going on since you were just spitting garbage and being stupid. I realized you are a troll. And moved on.

Papaya Petee
11-08-2010, 09:54 PM

Pretty sure if a Kobe fan made a thread like this after both game 1's of the year...He would be called out for pushing an agenda.
:rockon:

ginobli2311
11-08-2010, 09:59 PM

Gasol isn't top 10 Player of the Decade.

THIS Lakers team isn't the BEST of the decade.

If I made a thread on thses 2 topics...The opinions would be wildly in my favor. There was no reason to continue going on since you were just spitting garbage and being stupid. I realized you are a troll. And moved on.

you did not prove that Gasol is not. like i said...he is right there in the 10 to 12 range. where he falls in that range is opinion. you would take some guys over him like tmac. i simply would not.

i said this lakers team was the best team since the other shaq/kobe 01/02 title teams. you said the 08 celtics were better than this current lakers team with a healthy bynum. i completely disagree. this current lakers team would trounce the 08 celtics. gasol has improved, healthy bynum, artest addition, barnes addition, blake addition. sorry...this team is clearly better than the 08 celtics on paper.

PowerGlove
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Sample size.

The answer would have been so obvious after both of their first games. Now seven games in, this becomes a legit question. Both have had great games and vice versa.

Ikill
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Laker fans have all the excuses in the world :rolleyes: I made this thread with zero intentions of homerism, and I got legit 7 neg reps. People who can see through their homer glasses so far had great arguments and it could go either way. But once they see they can't win, they result to insults.

**** it. Someone posts stats of Wade and Kobe after 6 games not 7, and we can judge. So people won't say this is a homer thread.
This is a good topic why would you get 7 neg reps

jstern
11-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Dwyane Wade-
24.1 PPG 6.6 RPG 3.7 APG 1.7 SPG 1.1 BPG 49% FG 38% 3PT 78% FT 33 MPG

Kobe Bryant-
22.9 PPG 5.8 RPG 4.7 APG 0.9 SPG 0.3 BPG 44% FG 88% FT 33% 3PT 31 MPG

Just testing the code tag thingy. Edit: OP made a mistake on FG and 3PT FG for Wade, it's reversed.

But let me make a comment. So far on the 1st page there are a lot of people complaining that it's not fair because Kobe had a bad game last night. Fanboys suck, I mean it's so lame. So now we must eliminate games because they don't like the outcome? I remember that on the 1st game of the season Wade didn't do that great, Lebron did better, can we also eliminate that game? Can someone give the stats for Wade's last 6 games, and Kobe's last 6 games to make things even for them, and eliminate 1 of their games for the season? Heck, lets eliminate Kobe's rookie season since he wasn't an all start yet, but lets keep his career total intact, and lets also add it to his all time average.

Edit: Wow, even to go out of their way to neg rep the OP, just shows how emotionally invested they are in Kobe. I guess I'm going to get neg rep also for not bashing the OP.

donald_trump
11-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Wade > LeBron

Kobe > Gasol

this dude has gone in complete kobe love mode since lebron joined the heat. you used to be a good poster once.

TheLegend
11-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Since people like to bring up "peak" play....I will say Kobe has been better than Wade in these 7 games.

Kobe's peak game this year was a triple double which trumps Wade's best game.

B-Easy
11-09-2010, 12:11 AM
So people dont factor in defense? ..

Offensively its close, but the answer is Wade clearly because of his defense..
Wade has been active and elite defensively ....Kobe has just been taking plays off, even the announcers mentioned it.

Reputation people just assume defense is close and thats that .. on the court its not even close the type of effort Wade is giving and the type of impact hes having on the perimeter.

PurpleChuck
11-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Hmm I genuinely think they're equal right now. Have to see in the playoffs.

asdf1990
11-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Since people like to bring up "peak" play....I will say Kobe has been better than Wade in these 7 games.

Kobe's peak game this year was a triple double which trumps Wade's best game.

kobe always seems to peak in the regular season and choke in the finals.

comerb
11-09-2010, 12:53 AM
I've always maintained that Wade is the better all around player. Kobe is a better jumpshooter and iso defender(when he actually bothers to try). I also personally think Wade consistently plays much better the bigger the venue, where-as Kobe is somewhat inconsistent.

The biggest difference between the two is injuries, experience, and the fact that Kobe has played on better teams for the majority of his career. Wade is still young though, he still has time to catch up in rings.

chazzy
11-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I haven't been impressed with Kobe's defense yet, that's probably what separates the two right now. It is only a 7 game sample with both players playing lowered minutes because of blowouts.

mashbelly
LOL...ok bud.

you are the ultimate kobe nut-basher. nothing but pure devotion from you for the cause

:hammertime:

comerb

That's Kobe's game. It's not really a factor. Wade is a slasher, he's always going to benefit more from doubles on his teammates.

chazzy
11-09-2010, 12:59 AM
How the hell is that not true? Only fans who watch ESPN and refuse to watch games will think Wade is good is true.

No seriously. If you think Wade is any good then prove it. And no, I'm not interested in hearing ESPN BS. I don't want to hear about how impressive his stats are
How about you prove that Wade isn't any good buddy? You're the one in the minority here :oldlol:

Poochymama
11-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Wade has been slightly better statistically and quite a bit better defensively so far. That being said, it's only been 7 games, things will change.

eliteballer
11-09-2010, 02:55 AM
Kobe's still coming back from his knee surgery, give it another month.

All Net
11-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Lets compare them after 20 not 7, Kobe is only going to improve as each game goes by. It was clear he was not 100% when the season started.

ginobli2311
11-09-2010, 04:24 AM
Lets compare them after 20 not 7, Kobe is only going to improve as each game goes by. It was clear he was not 100% when the season started.

true. kobe is on cruise control right now. he doesn't need to push it yet. when he starts to push himself we should compare. that will also give wade ample time to gel with his new team.

my prediction is that wade will have slightly better stats and be a little bit better overall player in terms of impact this year...but the playoffs will be where this will be settled. i would love to watch these two guys go at it in the finals. i've never seen kobe play an elite sg for an entire series.....would be really really fun to see.

All Net
11-09-2010, 04:27 AM
true. kobe is on cruise control right now. he doesn't need to push it yet. when he starts to push himself we should compare. that will also give wade ample time to gel with his new team.

my prediction is that wade will have slightly better stats and be a little bit better overall player in terms of impact this year...but the playoffs will be where this will be settled. i would love to watch these two guys go at it in the finals. i've never seen kobe play an elite sg for an entire series.....would be really really fun to see.

I think alot depends on what Bynum brings when he comes back as having options like Gasol, Bynum and Odom Kobe won't need to do as much.i think cruise control is the best statement to make on Kobe so far.

He will have huge games when he needs to and cruise in some games.

I agree i expect Wade to have better stats as he will need to do more imo. More so with Lebron looking at being a pass first guy than that 30 points per game guy right now.

Lakers depth also has to be mentioned, when you got guys like Barnes and Blake production thats even less reason for Kobe to do as much.

LEFT4DEAD
11-09-2010, 04:35 AM
It is close offensively so far. But, Wade is tearing up Kobe as far as we compare them on defense. It's not that close when we include defense in comparation. Wade>> Kobe so far
p.s. in before neg rep

canefandynasty
11-09-2010, 09:01 AM

LOL. Wade didn't play virtually the whole preseason and was just coming off an hamstring injury. Stop it.

tpols
11-09-2010, 09:38 AM
LOL. Wade didn't play virtually the whole preseason and was just coming off an hamstring injury. Stop it.
lol you're comparing a minor hamstring pull to a full blown knee surgery:facepalm

beermonsteroo
11-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I think judging players doesn't make much sense untill 20 games awere played at least.

sjd1991
11-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I think judging players doesn't make much sense untill 20 games awere played at least.

Agree

ashbelly
11-09-2010, 06:20 PM

Wade is going to improve too once the offense clicks. I can see him averaging 28ppg easy while still playing tough defense.

B-Easy
11-09-2010, 06:26 PM
lol you're comparing a minor hamstring pull to a full blown knee surgery:facepalm

if you play all preseason then its not that serious ..

ashbelly
11-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Can someone update this please ?

AirGauge23
11-10-2010, 03:02 AM

Gonna have to wait for tomorrow.

Don't think they update today's games so soon.

All Net
11-10-2010, 03:03 AM

Is this what you cling on to everyday? Wade having better stats than kobe? :oldlol:

Skip Bayless
11-10-2010, 03:03 AM

:applause: Wade continuing to prove he is the best player in the league.

Had to carry Prince James tonight, feel bad for him.

laronprofit9
11-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Both are close, but they've played better than Lebron so Far.

Kobe is playing the least amount of minutes out of Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. So you have to take that into consideration.

Kobe also only played like 16 minutes a game in the preseason due to his knee-injury.

Given Kobe's age, Longer Playoff Run, Knee Surgery, and playing time. It's amazing he's even in the discussion with Wade right now.

Wade should be playing better than Kobe this season, Wade is right in the middle of his athletic prime, while Kobe has left his like 3 years ago.

Kobe will only get better as this season progresses. Wade had a whole summer to practice and work on his game. Kobe couldn't because he had knee surgery.

Wade is slightly better, but not much. As Kobe's health improves, his minutes and stats will go up.

ashbelly
11-10-2010, 03:12 AM
Both are close, but they've played better than Lebron so Far.

Kobe is playing the least amount of minutes out of Lebron, Wade, and Kobe. So you have to take that into consideration.

Kobe also only played like 16 minutes a game in the preseason due to his knee-injury.

Given Kobe's age, Longer Playoff Run, Knee Surgery, and playing time. It's amazing he's even in the discussion with Wade right now.

Wade should be playing better than Kobe this season, Wade is right in the middle of his athletic prime, while Kobe has left his like 3 years ago.

Kobe will only get better as this season progresses. Wade had a whole summer to practice and work on his game. Kobe couldn't because he had knee surgery.

Wade is slightly better, but not much. As Kobe's health improves, his minutes and stats will go up.

Wade didnt play in the Preseason at all due to the hamstring, he had a horrible game against boston and has played alot of tough teams compared to what kobe has played against. Clearly Wade >>> Kobe.

Skip Bayless
11-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Wade didnt play in the Preseason at all due to the hamstring, he had a horrible game against boston and has played alot of tough teams compared to what kobe has played against. Clearly Wade >>> Kobe.

Wade>>>>Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prince James.

laronprofit9
11-10-2010, 03:15 AM

A full Summer of practice and being healthy>>>6 preseason games.

Wade is 29, Kobe is 32.

Also why is Wade averaging more minutes than Kobe? If he's not as healthy as Kobe?

TDPrime2030
11-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Give me the one that didn't shoot 1-13 against the Pacers. :oldlol: Oh and give me the one that doesn't have an 8-6 record, but instead has a 12-2 record.

Kobe Bryant, all day, everyday, even on Sundays.

Willkill24
11-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Give me the one that didn't shoot 1-13 against the Pacers. :oldlol: Oh and give me the one that doesn't have an 8-6 record, but instead has a 12-2 record.

Manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe

PowerGlove
11-23-2010, 12:13 AM
There's a reason this thread was bumped today...

ImmortalD24
11-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Kobe Bryant: 25.6 PPG | 6.3 REB | 4.8 AST | 43 % FG | 30.2 %3PT | 88.5 %FT | 1.0 STL | 2.9 TO in 32.6 minutes

Dwyane Wade: 21.3 PPG | 5.6 REB | 3.6 AST | 45.3 % FG | 27.5 %3PT | 71.5 %FT | 1.3 STL | 3.3 TO in 35 minutes

The_Yearning
11-23-2010, 12:29 AM

Damn you might have trouble grasping the concept of D12 > Yao, but you 100% spot on with this one homie.

Lakers13
11-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Kobe Bryant: 25.6 PPG | 6.3 REB | 4.8 AST | 43 % FG | 30.2 %3PT | 88.5 %FT | 1.0 STL | 2.9 TO in 32.6 minutes

Dwyane Wade: 21.3 PPG | 5.6 REB | 3.6 AST | 45.3 % FG | 27.5 %3PT | 71.5 %FT | 1.3 STL | 3.3 TO in 35 minutes

Is this including Wades 3 point game as well?

ImmortalD24
11-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Is this including Wades 3 point game as well?
yep..

Bigsmoke
11-23-2010, 02:13 AM
i dont like Kobe but he's better than Wade and has been since Wade was born

tpols
11-23-2010, 02:40 AM
:oldlol: whose better now? What was that 3 points on 13 shots?:lol

LA_Showtime
11-23-2010, 03:38 AM
It's hard to say at this point. Kobe has been slowly recovering from off-season knee surgery while Wade has been trying to mesh with LeBron and Bosh. Like always, this discussion should be held after the playoffs.

SAKOTXA
11-23-2010, 03:41 AM
There's a reason this thread was bumped today...
And the reason for that reason is the reason the thread was made in the first place. :oldlol:

G-Funk
11-23-2010, 04:54 AM
Dwyane Wade- 24.1 PPG 6.6 RPG 3.7 APG 1.7 SPG 1.1 BPG 49% FG, 38% 3PT, 78% FT 33 MPG

Kobe Bryant- 22.9 PPG 5.8 RPG 4.7 APG .9 SPG .3 BPG 44% FG 88% FT 33% 3PT 31 MPG

Who has been better? Of course Wade has the luxury of playing with LeBron and Chris Bosh, but Kobe has the luxury of playing with Pau, Lamar, Barnes, and Artest. Heat are 5-2 and Lakers are 7-0, but I think that's mostly because Heat are still getting to play together for the first time, and LAL has been a powerhouse for the past 3 years. At the end of the year, Heat should have a better record, but now that's irrelevant.

Who has been playing better SO FAR this year?

there u go

White Mamba
11-23-2010, 05:19 AM
what discussion? Kobe is better, and its not about numbers, wade is great but i will take kobe over any player in the nba today.

LEFT4DEAD
11-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Lebron is ruining Wade's potential right now. They better figure out how to play together or this will be one big failure.
I was Wade's fan since his first year in the league, I have never seen him playing like this. 1/13, 3pts in 40mins. I can't simply believe it.
@white mamba- maybe 5 years ago, but right now I would take at least 7 players over him.

Ikill
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM
what discussion? Kobe is better, and its not about numbers, wade is great but i will take kobe over any player in the nba today.
Really could Kobe of won 47 games with last years heat could he 61 games with last years cavs?

White Mamba
11-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Really could Kobe of won 47 games with last years heat could he 61 games with last years cavs?

put kobe in the east and see what happens

tpols
11-23-2010, 01:50 PM
uh... kobe would've easily won 50 games with the heat last year. How come everyone always forgets that kobe plays in a conference that is twice as hard? The east is weak as hell man.

crosso√er
11-23-2010, 02:18 PM

He won 45 games with Luke Walton, Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom as his primary role players; is this a joke?

None of those players besides Odom are getting more then 5 MPG anywhere in this league, Wade had MUCH better teammates around him last year...just look at what Beasley is doing in Minnesota.

justin43
11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
It's hard to say at this point. Kobe has been slowly recovering from off-season knee surgery while Wade has been trying to mesh with LeBron and Bosh. Like always, this discussion should be held after the playoffs.

Well, this is true for determining who is better period, but the thread is designed to keep current with the Wade vs. Kobe discussion, so this discussion is valid. Through, this type of thread tend to lead to trolling since this thread is only bumped when one or the other player falls short in one game.

Ikill
11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
He won 45 games with Luke Walton, Smush Parker, Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown and Lamar Odom as his primary role players; is this a joke?

None of those players besides Odom are getting more then 5 MPG anywhere in this league, Wade had MUCH better teammates around him last year...just look at what Beasley is doing in Minnesota.
I'm talking about right now Kobe is not even close to the player he used to be

Svendiggity
11-23-2010, 02:32 PM

oh really?

dynasty1978
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM
uh... kobe would've easily won 50 games with the heat last year. How come everyone always forgets that kobe plays in a conference that is twice as hard? The east is weak as hell man.

Plus he squeezed 45 wins in 06 with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown as starters with significant minutes given to Cook/George/Walton. Aside from Lamar Odom and Bryant, that roster was an abomination.

crosso√er
11-23-2010, 02:44 PM

Kobe as not as athletic as he was back in 06' but he is a lot more mature; making better decisions with the ball etc.

Kobe is putting up 26/6/5 in 32 MPG; per 48 minutes he's putting up better all around numbers then in 2006.

Last year Kobe could have won 47 games with Beasley, Haslem, Jermain etc. as his role players, give me some evidence to the contrary...

He has done as well as Wade (in a tougher conference) before, with inferior teammates; including a near upset over the #1 ranked Suns team.

LA_Showtime
11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Well, this is true for determining who is better period, but the thread is designed to keep current with the Wade vs. Kobe discussion, so this discussion is valid. Through, this type of thread tend to lead to trolling since this thread is only bumped when one or the other player falls short in one game.

Okay. Then at this point in the season, Wade is the better player. He's more explosive and his ability to break down defenses is unmatched.

As for Kobe, we haven't really seen what he's capable of yet. He's had some very good games, but the Lakers haven't needed him (which is fine with me, since I want him healthy for the playoffs).

LA_Showtime
11-23-2010, 05:16 PM

Which Kobe? 2005-2006? 2007-2008? He could definitely win 47 with the Heat's roster, but I doubt he would have won 61 with the Cavaliers.

Papaya Petee
11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Thank you for proving my point. You guys SWORE I made this thread to bash Kobe, when I clearly did not. Right now Dwyane Wade is playing like a unmotivated brat, while Kobe is ripping shit. Kobe is clearly superior as of right now.

But nooooo, I made this thread because Kobe had a bad shooting night the day before, :rolleyes: idiots.

laronprofit9
11-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Per 36 Minutes Stats:

Kobe

28.4 ppg 6.9 rpg 5.2 apg

Wade

23.7 ppg 5.9 rpg 3.6 apg

Kobe's been playing Ginobli Minutes, but keeping his stats at Starter Minutes.

lefthook00
11-23-2010, 05:40 PM

And this was during one of the most competitive Western Conferences in recent memory. I remember during one of those seasons the 1st seed and 8th seed were separated by like 1-2 games for a while.

ImmortalD24
11-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Dwyane Wade- 21.1 PPG | 5.7 REB | 3.7 AST | 43.7 FG% |24.4 3PT% | 71.6 FT% | 1.2 STL | 3.1 TO | 35.4 MIN
Team Record: 8-7

Kobe Bryant - 25.3 PPG | 6.0 REB | 4.8 AST | 43.1 FG% | 30.8 3PT% | 88.8 FT% | 1.0 STL | 3.0 TO | 32.9 MIN
Team Record: 13-2

gts
11-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Per 36 Minutes Stats:

Kobe

28.4 ppg 6.9 rpg 5.2 apg

Wade

23.7 ppg 5.9 rpg 3.6 apg

Kobe's been playing Ginobli Minutes, but keeping his stats at Starter Minutes.
you can't use per 36 stats because wade is basically play 36 minutes per game where kobe is playing less minutes so he gets a boost from the per 36 that wade doesn't...

i guess it's ok if you want to further an agenda or muddy the waters but it's not a fair comparison

tpols
11-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Thank you for proving my point. You guys SWORE I made this thread to bash Kobe, when I clearly did not. Right now Dwyane Wade is playing like a unmotivated brat, while Kobe is ripping shit. Kobe is clearly superior as of right now.

But nooooo, I made this thread because Kobe had a bad shooting night the day before, :rolleyes: idiots.
lol you made this when wade was at his peak for this season. :oldlol:

If anything we should be laughing at you now because it blew up in your face two weeks later.

Monkey D Dragon
11-25-2010, 01:07 AM

This Fool calling people Idiot when he thinks LeBron and Wade are the best player :facepalm Fail in so many ways

laronprofit9
11-25-2010, 01:14 AM
you can't use per 36 stats because wade is basically play 36 minutes per game where kobe is playing less minutes so he gets a boost from the per 36 that wade doesn't...

i guess it's ok if you want to further an agenda or muddy the waters but it's not a fair comparison

No statistical measurements are fair inherently, because there are so many outside factors that influence a players stats. That includes playing time, role on team, teammates, coach, health, opportunities, how often you have the ball in your hand, how much teammates pass to you, intangibles, how the opposing team gameplans for your team, how effectively the coach uses you in the offense, how teammates play around you etc.. etc...

I'd say if there is only like a 10% difference in stats for ppg rpg and apg,(like one player has 30/6/6 and another has 27/5.4/5.4) then the players are comparable. The difference really comes from the outside factors I mentioned above.

And the only way to tell who is more effective on a game to game basis, is by actually watching the players rather than reading the box score.

Jacks3
11-25-2010, 02:19 AM
lol

Somebody update the stats. Wade continues to play like garbage.

ImmortalD24
11-25-2010, 02:22 AM
lol

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5134867&postcount=118

Hulk Hogan
11-27-2010, 01:44 AM
bump. :rolleyes:

Lebron23
01-05-2011, 04:31 AM
lol

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

bump. :rolleyes:

Please update the stats. :D :D :D

B-Easy
01-05-2011, 04:53 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Please update the stats. :D :D :D

even tho Wade has better stats .. the stats dont do it justice.

Wade is killing it defensively ..him and Bron are the best perimeter duo since Jordan and Pippen .. while Kobe hasnt shown any type of effort defensively.

Lebron23
01-05-2011, 04:59 AM
even tho Wade has better stats .. the stats dont do it justice.

Wade is killing it defensively ..him and Bron are the best perimeter duo since Jordan and Pippen .. while Kobe hasnt shown any type of effort defensively.

LeBron and Wade = Double trouble

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Killer_Instinct
01-05-2011, 05:07 AM
And two months from now when Wade has a slip in his play, this thread will be bumped again. Just for the "I told you so's." and " :oldlol: " 's Just another reason why this place is one of the worst places to intelligently discuss basketball.

B-Easy
01-05-2011, 05:19 AM
And two months from now when Wade has a slip in his play, this thread will be bumped again. Just for the "I told you so's." and " :oldlol: " 's Just another reason why this place is one of the worst places to intelligently discuss basketball.

I honestly dont see it changing much ..

Wade has always been one of the most efficient scores in the NBA.. even when the Heat would walk the ball up the court and he had to work extra hard for every bucket.

Now that Miami gets in the open court and Wade gets some 1 on 1 opportunities ..its only getting easier for Wade to score compared to years past.

chris02jammers
01-05-2011, 05:36 AM

give me the reigning Player of the Month with

Team record of 28 - 9,

than a volume chucker who's team was blown out by at least 15 points in the last 4 defeats

All Net
01-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Lebron and Wade right now are the clear best two players in the league. Both are just playing great mainly Wade.

Dwade305
01-05-2011, 10:46 AM
lol

:lol Biggest clown on ISH

Bigsmoke
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Wade

disel
01-05-2011, 11:14 AM
lol

Have you seen kome play? even tpain was tearing him into shreds last night.

madmax
01-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Wade >>> Kome for the past 4 years or so...
Kome is not even a TOP 10 player in the league anymore - his stans are just in denial as always

tripledouble32
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
so far: wade

:banana:

disel
01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Kome takes 15 shots in the first half and the lakers are only up 3. H takes only 3 shots in the second half and the outscore the pistons by 22. coincidence? i think not.

For_Three
01-05-2011, 12:08 PM
so far: wade

:banana:

Is it a surprise to anybody? He is younger, and Kobe has been playing in the league since he was 17...

He has a lot more miles on that body than Wade does. And he is starting to become more injury prone. hopefully he doesn't hurt another finger and has to be pushed around in a wheelchair.

http://www.nbaloud.com/userimages/user1195_1172145842.jpg

Dwade305
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Is it a surprise to anybody? He is younger, and Kobe has been playing in the league since he was 17...

He has a lot more miles on that body than Wade does. And he is starting to become more injury prone. hopefully he doesn't hurt another finger and has to be pushed around in a wheelchair.

07-08 is calling you with them jokes:hammerhead: :sleeping

ginobli2311
01-05-2011, 12:41 PM
easily wade so far.

first year non injury since 05 its hasn't been close.

wade's defense has really separated him from kobe so far.

LA_Showtime
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
easily wade so far.

thejumpa
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
easily wade so far.

I agree. Kobes biggest department of disappointment is his defense:oldlol:While I've seen him lock down at times, mostly he's getting taken fairly easy off the dribble and seemingly taking plays off. He's playing a long ass time so that has to be a huge part of it. Either way, Wade has him beat in nearly everything except for jumpshooting. It's all an opinion but I don't think it's close either.

Papaya Petee
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
bump

Wade Regular season- 25.6 PPG 6.4 RPG 4.6 APG 1.6 SPG 1.1 BPG 50% FG 31% 3 PT 58-24 record

Kobe Regular season- 25.3 PPG 5.1 RPG 4.6 APG 1.2 SPG .2 BPG 45% FG 32% 3 PT 57-25 record

playoffs

Wade- 24.5 PPG 4.5 APG 7.2 RPG 48.5 % FG, Lost in Finals in 6
Kobe- 22.8 PPG 3.4 APG 3.3 RPG 44.6 % FG , 2nd round swept

Darkthug
07-05-2011, 10:04 PM
bump

Wade Regular season- 25.6 PPG 6.4 RPG 4.6 APG 1.6 SPG 1.1 BPG 50% FG 31% 3 PT 58-24 record

Kobe Regular season- 25.3 PPG 5.1 RPG 4.6 APG 1.2 SPG .2 BPG 45% FG 32% 3 PT 57-25 record

playoffs

Wade- 24.5 PPG 4.5 APG 7.2 RPG 48.5 % FG, Lost in Finals in 6(second option)
Kobe- 22.8 PPG 3.4 APG 3.3 RPG 44.6 % FG , 2nd round swept(first option)

fixed

IllegalD
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Can you imagine if PRIME Kobe lost in the finals against a 1-star team with a PRIME LeBron and a PRIME Bosh as his 2nd and 3rd options?

His legacy would never recover in the eyes of many people.

Yet, when Wade looses under the same circumstances he gets a free pass...?

:confusedshrug:

And Wade-stans want to say that Wade gets disrespected by the media/fans.

I bet you LeBron, Kobe and Bosh would give ANYTHING to be "disrespected" the way Wade is.

:lol

DMAVS41
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Can you imagine if PRIME Kobe lost in the finals against a 1-star team with a PRIME LeBron and a PRIME Bosh as his 2nd and 3rd options?

I bet you LeBron, Kobe and Bosh would give ANYTHING to be "disrespected" the way Wade is.

Could you imagine prime Wade losing to the 04 Pistons the way Kobe did?

tpols
07-05-2011, 10:25 PM

If Wade had any leadership qualities whatsoever he would have whipped Lebron's ass into shape halfway through that series. And of course if he had even an ounce of clutchness in him he wouldn't have floundered in crunchtime in every fourth quarter allowing Dirk the opportunity to win games

Samurai Swoosh
07-05-2011, 10:27 PM
If Wade had any leadership qualities whatsoever he would have whipped Lebron's ass into shape halfway through that series. And of course if he had even an ounce of clutchness in him he wouldn't have floundered in crunchtime in every fourth quarter allowing Dirk the opportunity to win games
It's hard for either to be a leader when they are both too busy being best friend out there. No true pecking order creates problems.

kaiiu
07-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Wade cant even win with Lebrick as his sidekick

catch24
07-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Could you imagine prime Wade losing to the 04 Pistons the way Kobe did?

Can't imagine Kobe in his prime losing with a prime LeBron/Bosh. That's just me though.

tpols
07-05-2011, 10:34 PM
It's hard for either to be a leader when they are both too busy being best friend out there. No true pecking order creates problems.
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Those two couldn't have a single honest word with each other. They tip toe around everything and think they'll just cruise through it all on talent alone. Sometimes you just have to be a dick and tell it like it is.. it would have probably resulted in the Heat winning if Wade had just told Lebron to fvcking man up and start playing for real after one of his bullshit press conferences where he acted like he wasn't playing passive.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-05-2011, 10:35 PM
easily wade so far.

:oldlol: Ahh good times, good times

catch24
07-05-2011, 10:39 PM
:oldlol: Ahh good times, good times

lol

DMAVS41
07-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Can't imagine Kobe in his prime losing with a prime LeBron/Bosh. That's just me though.

I feel the same way, but at the same time.... Can you imagine Kobe playing as well as Wade did for the majority of the finals this year?

catch24
07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
I feel the same way, but at the same time.... Can you imagine Kobe playing as well as Wade did for the majority of the finals this year?

I believe Kobe played just as well during the 2002 and 2009 Finals. I don't think Kobe could ever play as well as Wade did in 2006, though.

Of course this all depends on the defenses they're playing.

DMAVS41
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I believe Kobe played just as well during the 2002 and 2009 Finals. I don't think Kobe could ever play as well as Wade did in 2006, though.

Of course this all depends on the defenses they're playing.

Thats true. My point is that its easy to just assume they would never lose. Its not like Wade didn't really bring it in the finals. Yea, he struggled in game 6 no doubt.

But up to that point he had been pretty damn good on both ends.

I'd be more inclined to knock Wade for his leadership than his play this year. Then again, I have no idea what Wade did behind closed doors. He might have done and said all the right things and that bitch Bosh and weird Lebron just might not have been able to step up.

I have no idea. I think we get into a dangerous area on the intangible stuff because we have no idea the exact specifics and its almost always total speculation on our part.

EnoughSaid
07-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Wade cant even win with Lebrick as his sidekick

A sidekick that chokes. Kobe would take 35 shots a game if his second option aka. Gasol, was struggling this bad.

Vragrant
07-05-2011, 11:18 PM

Point taken, but I also can't imagine Kobe carrying an old Shaq (who averaged 13ppg in the Finals) and old roleplayers to a title either.

There's too many factors in play, we also don't know how Kobe would play with Lebron and Bosh either.

Samurai Swoosh
07-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. Those two couldn't have a single honest word with each other. They tip toe around everything and think they'll just cruise through it all on talent alone. Sometimes you just have to be a dick and tell it like it is.. it would have probably resulted in the Heat winning if Wade had just told Lebron to fvcking man up and start playing for real after one of his bullshit press conferences where he acted like he wasn't playing passive.
I know. But it's funny because that must be "new school" friendship. If I was messing up, or my buddy was messing up. I could pull them aside and lay into him with words, us bothing knowing we're friends besides the point and will be after the exchange is done, but like ... LISTEN, you're messing up.

Wade tried it in game 3. And LeBron played like he was pouting after that, though ... so maybe Wade tried, but knowing LeBron's been enabled his whole life, he probably wasn't used to be called out.

Samurai Swoosh
07-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think Kobe could ever play as well as Wade did in 2006, though.
Kobe is as entertaining as they come. Enormous EXPLOSIONS in the regular season against ass quality defenses and sh1t box teams. He even plays fairly well in the playoffs when going against average to below average teams and defenses, IE Suns, Jazz, Nuggets, etc. With the few exceptions, like say his series against the Spurs in 2008 (which while very good, wasn't totally dominating either) ... his game is so jump shot happy, there is no way he can produce and impact the game all around long enough to be as good of a playoff and Finals perforer that Wade has become. Kobe always shoots his wad in like meaningless regular season games. He's had some good playoff runs, but he is by no means someone who takes his game to another level in the playoffs. Wade is that guy. Because Wade doesn't settle for jumpers 24/7. It's funny, his best playoff run, and some argue even his best season was 2008. Where he let the game come to him, attacked, and didn't TRY and put up huge scoring numbers all the time.

Jacks3
07-06-2011, 12:01 AM
lol @ old Shaq. Yeah, the guy only put up 20/10 while drawing a huge amount of tremendous attention.

And lol @ the Wade overrating. Kobe has 4 post-seasons (2001, 2008, 2009, 2010) as good or better than Wade's best (2006). :facepalm

Jacks3
07-06-2011, 12:03 AM
lol @ prime Wade losing with prime LeBron/Bosh against a one-man team.

Prime Kobe with LeBron/Bosh would have been a championship easily, especially against one of the weakest Finals defenses ever in the 2011 Mavs.

Heavincent
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM

Prime Kobe with LeBron/Bosh would have been a championship easily, especially against one of the weakest Finals defenses ever in the 2011 Mavs.

1.) The Mavs weren't a one-man team.
2.) There is no such thing as an easy championship.
3.) The Mavs were a great defensive team. Why do you think Lebron sucked so much? A lot of it had to do with the Mavs' stellar defense (and Lebron being afraid of the moment).

Bring-Your-Js
07-06-2011, 12:19 AM

Lol @ What wade is gonna look like when he loses his first step.

Jacks3
07-06-2011, 12:27 AM
1.) The Mavs weren't a one-man team.
Compared to most champs? They were.

2.) There is no such thing as an easy championship.
You're kidding yourself if you think prime Kobe isn't winning it all with prime LeBron/Bosh...

3.) The Mavs were a great defensive team. Why do you think Lebron sucked so much? A lot of it had to do with the Mavs' stellar defense (and Lebron being afraid of the moment).
No, they weren't "great" defensively at all.

Among the last 20 years, they're among the the worst Finals teams defensively.

On the season they were a solid 8th in DRTG. They were nothing more than solid. LBJ torched MUCH, MUCH better defensive teams in the Bulls Celtics in earlier rounds. His struggles had more to do with his mentality/passiveness than anything the Mavs did.

LA_Showtime
07-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Kobe is as entertaining as they come. Enormous EXPLOSIONS in the regular season against ass quality defenses and sh1t box teams. He even plays fairly well in the playoffs when going against average to below average teams and defenses, IE Suns, Jazz, Nuggets, etc. With the few exceptions, like say his series against the Spurs in 2008 (which while very good, wasn't totally dominating either) ... his game is so jump shot happy, there is no way he can produce and impact the game all around long enough to be as good of a playoff and Finals perforer that Wade has become. Kobe always shoots his wad in like meaningless regular season games. He's had some good playoff runs, but he is by no means someone who takes his game to another level in the playoffs. Wade is that guy. Because Wade doesn't settle for jumpers 24/7. It's funny, his best playoff run, and some argue even his best season was 2008. Where he let the game come to him, attacked, and didn't TRY and put up huge scoring numbers all the time.

Uh, what? There's more to playing well than scoring, and Kobe, especially during the first three-peat and the 08 season did a great job managing the game and getting teammates involved.

People act like the Kobe we've seen for the past two years is the type of player he's been throughout his career. Simply not true.

Dragonyeuw
07-06-2011, 07:02 AM

Probably because Kobe historically is held to a higher standard. Which is why things like 6/24, losing to the Pistons in 04 and 08 are brought up when people are making arguments against him, because he's at the stage where he's being compared to Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc etc. So what he does, or doesn't do, will be scrutinized to a much higher level.