PDA

View Full Version : Rumours:: Miami heat trying to get Chauncey Billups !!!!.

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Just heard this on the radio, they say if Carmelo leaves, there is a Possiblity Miami Might get him. Proposed scenario's

From the Miami heat beat writer

To address Billups rumors: The Only way he gets to miami is if he's bought out of his contract and Pat riley convinces him to sign with the Heat.

[QUOTE]
The Miami Heat

"Jesus"
11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Bosh straight up please.

SourPatchKids
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Bosh straight up please.
:bowdown:

Knicksfever2010
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Just heard this on the radio, they say if Carmelo leaves, there is a Possiblity Miami Might get him. Proposed scenario's

From the Miami heat beat writer

that would be a TERRIBLE trade for the heat. if you notice lebron is racking up assists to haslem after the double team comes...not to mention haslem is a captain and their heart and soul.

so you're trading for a guy who needs the ball to be effective (billups), I guess the heat will have to petition the league to let them play with 3 balls for lebron-wade-billups

airchibundo507
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
the Heat lose too much in those two scenarios

airchibundo507
11-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Bosh straight up please.

lol as if your frontcourt isn't thin enough.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Like I've been saying, Bosh will be the laughing stock of the NBA for the rest of his life if he gets traded. He will never be remembered for his talent, but as that sucker btch.

MayCeltics
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Bosh getting traded, yah right. At least not in year1.

Didn't Haslem and miller take a pay-cut to play in Miami.

Miami Beat Writer: FAIL!

Patrick Chewing
11-17-2010, 03:28 PM
They can't get anyone younger than Billups?

Mr Clutch Melo
11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Please get rid of Billups...perfect example of a guy living off his reputation...He has been terrible and he thinks he is Michael ****ing Jordan in clutch situations:facepalm

His shotselection is worse than JR Smith

"Jesus"
11-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Hello from Toronto. :cheers:

Arroyo8
11-17-2010, 03:33 PM
isn't happening

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Bosh getting traded, yah right. At least not in year1.

Didn't Haslem and miller take a pay-cut to play in Miami.

Miami Beat Writer: FAIL!
as did bosh which is why it would be an epic fail on his behalf.

Meticode
Bosh straight up please.
I think they're no way they're trading away part of their young core for a point guard that is towards the end of his prime if not already pass it as we speak.

Knicksfever2010
Please get rid of Billups...perfect example of a guy living off his reputation...He has been terrible and he thinks he is Michael ****ing Jordan in clutch situations:facepalm

I giggled last night when he traveled before his half court shot then he complained.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
They can't get anyone younger than Billups?
especially if they trade bosh.

I think they're no way they're trading away part of their young core for a point guard that is towards the end of his prime if not already pass it as we speak.

they might be able to field a real team if they trade bosh for some key pieces. 1 for 1 trade won't do the Heat much good imo though.

airchibundo507
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
isn't happening

cb is definitely available..

this whole thing depends on how desperate the heat are

indiefan24
11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
fail

Meticode
11-17-2010, 03:39 PM
I would laugh at Chris Bosh if he got traded away withint two years of forming the Miami Trio.

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
cb is definitely available..

this whole thing depends on how desperate the heat are

I don't think we are that desperate, the team is fine, we can make it far with the pieces we have right now. We could use an athletic big (jason thompson) preferably. I would suggest we just finish the season with what we have and improve on it next season. We have atleat 5 years to make this work. I hate we had to cut pat beverly because of Miller's injury. Dude could've done wonders at the PG position for this team. especially on defense.

DukeDelonte13
11-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Should any heat trade rumor this year be taken seriously?

airchibundo507
I would laugh at Chris Bosh if he got traded away withint two years of forming the Miami Trio.

odds are spoelstra is out before bosh

Real Men Wear Green
Getting Bosh might help Denver keep Anthony. Heat would be close to the worst frontcourt we've ever seen though.

caliman
How does trading for Billups solve Miami's charmin soft interior?

ReturnofJPR
Bosh pretty much sucks though. He plays ZERO defense. Bosh is soft. Bosh is a tranny. Billups is a proven winner and exactly what the HEAT need. The HEAT will finish last in the NBA in assists, or close to it, unless they replace Arroyo as their starting PG.

caliman
11-17-2010, 03:43 PM

:bowdown:

airchibundo507
11-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Getting Bosh might help Denver keep Anthony. Heat would be close to the worst frontcourt we've ever seen though.

Personally, I don't like Bosh's game. It doesn't compliment Melo. They score in the same areas, so the guy is just going to add more bodies in the paint. Harrington already gives us the scoring presence we need.

Perhaps a third team could get involved.

CBLhoops
magic should go after him

ashbelly
Bosh pretty much sucks though. He plays ZERO defense. Bosh is soft. Bosh is a tranny. Billups is a proven winner and exactly what the HEAT need. The HEAT will finish last in the NBA in assists, or close to it, unless they replace Arroyo as their starting PG.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: You don't know what you speaketh of my friend..

Lebron is ranked 8th in assists.. Look it up and stop posting randomn hate that comes to your head .

Rajon Rondo 10 15.1
Deron Williams 11 10.3
Chris Paul 9 10.1
Jason Kidd 9 10.0
John Wall 8 9.8
Steve Nash 10 9.6
Derrick Rose 9 9.2
LeBron James 10 8.9

:hammerhead: :hammerhead:
And expect him to climb that list once the team gels.

Faberg
11-17-2010, 03:52 PM
No trades for the Heat this season. They better hope the mid-level exception is in the next CBA. :oldlol:

BFRESH44
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Billups to Miami won't happen this season.

But next year is a serious possibility. He will by all means be a free agent next summer. He has a 14 million dollar team option, and I seriously doubt Denver picks up that(he's 34). And if Melo leaves Denver? He'll obviously follow suit.

If the Mid-Level exception remains intact with the next CBA, I could see Billups coming to Miami.

hoopaddict08
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
You mean to tell me Denver has already given up on Billups?

So basically Denver is going to do exactly what Detroit did. Only instead of replacing him with a combo-guard, they will replace him with a 5-11 point.

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM

So basically Denver is going to do exactly what Detroit did. Only instead of replacing him with a combo-guard, they will replace him with a 5-11 point.
already? it's been like 3 years and his contract ends after this season. he's 34...if they are getting rid of Melo, Billups must go as well imo (start the youth/rebuilding movement).

ronniec
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Come on!!! It is like Miami trying to get everybody when possible...

Dont you know they are the most hated team in the league right now, and why people would help them out?

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Come on!!! It is like Miami trying to get everybody when possible...

Dont you know they are the most hated team in the league right now, and why people would help them out?
well if they are trading bosh for billups, obviously Denver makes out like a bandit imo.

dr8ked
already? it's been like 3 years and his contract ends after this season. he's 34...if they are getting rid of Melo, Billups must go as well imo (start the youth movement).

:oldlol: :oldlol: @ Nuggets fans, Pistons fans mentioned Billups was only good to get you to the Conference finals like he was doing every year in Detroit. Still want to criticize Dumars for this trade ?

airchibundo507

that 5-11 point is our future starting PG, so why prolong the inevitable? furthermore, lawson has outplayed billups so far this season.

hoopaddict08
11-17-2010, 04:15 PM
that 5-11 point is our future starting PG, so why prolong the inevitable? furthermore, lawson has outplayed billups so far this season.

It was more sarcasm than anything else. I think it is a good move for Denver to start it over. Lawson is going to have to learn to be starter if he wants to continue to improve. The first two seasons when Stuckey took over he looked awful, but this season he has shown a lot of signs of improvement. Stuckey might not be a full time PG, but he is certainly capable of playing the position.

SinJackal
11-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Fake rumor.

Billups' salary is 13m.

Which means they have to trade salary of 10-16m to make the trade legal.

This means there's almost no way any trade for him will be allowed. They would essentially have to either A: Gut what little depth they have to get him, or B: trade Bosh to get a much older Billups and a throw in player.

I don't see them doing either thing, making this "rumor" complete bullshit.

Stuckey
11-17-2010, 04:21 PM
what's harrington's contract?

chauncey + harrington for Bosh and someone would be cool to see

Real Men Wear Green
11-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Personally, I don't like Bosh's game. It doesn't compliment Melo. They score in the same areas, so the guy is just going to add more bodies in the paint. Harrington already gives us the scoring presence we need.

Perhaps a third team could get involved.
Bosh has that jumper that could be used to punish teams that congest the paint though. He's barely used in Miami but with one less superstar he could be of greater assistance.

airchibundo507
11-17-2010, 04:23 PM
what's harrington's contract?

chauncey + harrington for Bosh and someone would be cool to see
:lol gtfo

B-Easy
11-17-2010, 04:24 PM
so the only way this happens is with Bosh .. or Haslem and Mike Miller.

this isnt worth discussing because Miami isnt letting go of these players.

GoldNugg21
11-17-2010, 04:29 PM
:wtf: @ Nuggets fans saying they wouldn't want Bosh. He's a perimeter scoring big man, exactly what we've needed for a long time. Sure we have Al now, but why would we pass up acquiring a younger, better version? Especially cause it could convince Melo to stay. And Ty could step into a larger role easy enough I think.

That said, no way Miami does it.

airchibundo507
11-17-2010, 04:53 PM
:wtf: @ Nuggets fans saying they wouldn't want Bosh. He's a perimeter scoring big man, exactly what we've needed for a long time. Sure we have Al now, but why would we pass up acquiring a younger, better version? Especially cause it could convince Melo to stay. And Ty could step into a larger role easy enough I think.

That said, no way Miami does it.

Harrington has MUCH more range, a quicker trigger and his jumpshot is wet. There is already chemistry established between Melo and Harrington. Not to mention Harrington plays defense. He is our best pick-and-roll defensive pick, our most mobile and best trapping big.

I don't want to take a gamble on a guy like Bosh. He can't even pull down boards right now despite being one of only two/three legitimate bigs on a roster.

ILLsmak
11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Like I've been saying, Bosh will be the laughing stock of the NBA for the rest of his life if he gets traded. He will never be remembered for his talent, but as that sucker btch.

No doubt, that's exactly what I was thinking...

No way they are trading him and no way they'd take Miller and Haslem for Billups. Nobody wants Bosh for max money, by signing him like that they basically made him untradable.

I'll eat my words if it comes down to it, but I can't imagine him getting traded.

-Smak

Droid101
11-17-2010, 05:01 PM

No way they are trading him and no way they'd take Miller and Haslem for Billups. Nobody wants Bosh for max money, by signing him like that they basically made him untradable.

I'll eat my words if it comes down to it, but I can't imagine him getting traded.

-Smak
They will NOT trade him this year.

If they play poorly this year (anything less than ECF, is my guess) and they'll use their mid-level next year for defense/rebounding/three point shooting and try to flip Bosh for someone that fits.

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 05:03 PM

If they play poorly this year (anything less than ECF, is my guess) and they'll use their mid-level next year for defense/rebounding/three point shooting and try to flip Bosh for someone that fits.

we are set on 3 point shooting, Miller/House/Jones got it locked.. We might use it for rebounding and defense.

Droid101
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM
we are set on 3 point shooting, Miller/House/Jones got it locked.. We might use it for rebounding and defense.
They're 9th in the league in 3 point shooting. That doesn't sound like "locked" to me, but okay.

hoopaddict08
11-17-2010, 05:10 PM

No way they are trading him and no way they'd take Miller and Haslem for Billups. Nobody wants Bosh for max money, by signing him like that they

-Smak

I think there are still teams that would take Bosh and his contract. I can't believe how much of a blow Boshs reputation has taken a hit after he made the decision to team up in Miami.

ILLsmak
11-17-2010, 05:11 PM

I think LeBron wants Bosh (as a teammate, at least.) I think that was what made him decide 100% to come there. I don't think Coach Bron or GM Bron is gonna let it happen unless Bosh is really sucking.

And TBH even though he's a woman on the boards, he hasn't been sucking that bad. He's just got no confidence. I came into this season hating Bosh and telling everyone who would listen that he was going to fail miserably. Now that he's doing it I feel bad for him... lol Especially because he's not getting the same opportunities as the other two.

I wanna see Bosh have a 4-18 game before I say he's sucking. He needs more touches. It's as much Wade and Bron's fault that he's not scoring. But on D, yeah, he needs to step it up.

-Smak

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 05:12 PM
They're 9th in the league in 3 point shooting. That doesn't sound like "locked" to me, but okay.

:oldlol: :oldlol: and thats with Mike miller having not set foot on the court yet. We should climb up that list once he's back. And being top 10 is not bad either, considering the arsenals we have.

bih
11-17-2010, 05:17 PM
that would be worst trade ever take away haslem + miller

pat is not that stupid to do this trade.

heat will be much better when miller returns right now they cant stretch out defense since other the jones nobody is threat from outside.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-17-2010, 05:18 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: @ Miami Heat:roll: :roll:

Beasley>Bosh:lol

sh0wtime
11-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Billups or just like any all-star or superstar PG would turn out to be just a spotup shooter alongside Lebron & Wade.

They need a legit Center, not a PG.

Rose
11-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Why do people still comment in Ashbelly's threads?

ILLsmak
11-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Billups or just like any all-star or superstar PG would turn out to be just a spotup shooter alongside Lebron & Wade.

They need a legit Center, not a PG.

On the other hand, if they could keep Bosh and get Billups... not only is he wet but he's smart enough to tell who needs the ball at what time. I think people underestimate what it would mean to have a PG with some balls to keep the ball from the two superstars when they weren't having good games.

I think it'd be a great pickup and I'd probably favor them for the championship if they got Billups without giving up anything, but that's impossible. Giving up Bosh would be horrible and they need Haslem and Miller, too.

-Smak

Rose
11-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Well said my friend well said.

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 05:24 PM

Silly Rabbit, the fukc is wrong with you ?

Rose
11-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Well said my friend well said.
Genius! that kid is smart no one should comment in these threads!

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Genius! that kid is smart no one should comment in these threads!

:facepalm :facepalm .. You are now talking to yourself ?

Ruh-Roh
11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
:facepalm :facepalm .. You are now talking to yourself ?

At least he does it on the same account. Unlike some other posters....

hard stare in your direction...

ashbelly
11-17-2010, 05:37 PM
At least he does it on the same account. Unlike some other posters....

hard stare in your direction...

Miss me with that shit :oldlol:

ProfessorMurder
11-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Wouldn't help.

MeLO MvP 15
11-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Yes please from Denver. Getting Bosh would keep Melo here. I doubt it would happen though.... but Ty is more than ready to take over the starting PG gig.

But no way Miami does Bosh for Billups. It would make their 3 best players all wing players. Also, they could just get CB next year when he's a FA. No need to give up an all star PF (no matter what slump he's in) for him.

d.bball.guy
11-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Why would the Nuggets do that?

Micku
11-18-2010, 01:35 AM
They need a center more than PG.

AMISTILLILL
11-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Ty Lawson is the future in Denver. Peace out, Mr. Big Shot.

Seriously though, Billups isn't going anywhere this season.

Kiddlovesnets
11-18-2010, 04:18 AM
umm the heat can wait till Billups contract expires.

All Net
11-18-2010, 05:01 AM
:oldlol: Miami have zero trade assets...and they won't move Bosh or Miller.

Samurai Swoosh
11-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Billups doesn't fit with Miami. He'd be better in OKC, and move Westrbook to the SG spot. LOL @ Nuggets fans saying Billups is garbage.

:oldlol:

Kurosawa0
11-18-2010, 05:33 AM
Miami have zero trade assets

They're not getting Billups, but Miami does have about $3-5 million in expiring deals. Those are assets.

yeaaaman
11-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Billups doesn't fit with Miami. He'd be better in OKC, and move Westrbook to the SG spot. LOL @ Nuggets fans saying Billups is garbage.

:oldlol:

I don't even know why they'd want 34 year old Mr. "big shot" 40% career shooter anyways. That's one more guy who wants to take the shot, and especially not if they have to give up any of there bigs, let alone Bosh

Omar_Little
11-19-2010, 12:12 AM
lol hard @ anyone thinking this is remotely possible.

ErhnamDjinn
11-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Bosh Straight up and sign Erika dampier

game3524
11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Why would they want Billups, the guy is done, have you seen him this year?

crisoner
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Ghey....

DuMa
11-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Billups is showing that old age from playing in Turkey this summer.

GOBB
11-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I like how some fans are turning on Billups. Wasnt too long ago he was this magical player that made teams better unlike Allen Iverson. Now he is getting blasted.

And why would Miami give up Bosh for Billups? That sounds like a trade proposal created here by our usual suspect. And Haslem/Miller for Billups? Just as terrible.

And this is further proof the whole Lebron can play PG crap needs to be put to rest. If Lebron could play PG then Miami wouldnt need a PG. Alas they somehow do. Funny. Dont make me utilize the ISH search feature and go bumping threads.

GOBB
11-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Bosh Straight up and sign Erika dampier

Total fail. :facepalm

yeaaaman
11-19-2010, 04:45 PM
I like how some fans are turning on Billups. Wasnt too long ago he was this magical player that made teams better unlike Allen Iverson. Now he is getting blasted.

And why would Miami give up Bosh for Billups? That sounds like a trade proposal created here by our usual suspect. And Haslem/Miller for Billups? Just as terrible.

And this is further proof the whole Lebron can play PG crap needs to be put to rest. If Lebron could play PG then Miami wouldnt need a PG. Alas they somehow do. Funny. Dont make me utilize the ISH search feature and go bumping threads.

I think the whole Billups is such a great leader and the reason teams are winning is overrated, as well as the big shot thing. Why don't you hit a shot consistently, period.

Lebron can clearly play pg, they are looking for a traditional pg because Arroyo is getting burned out there.

game3524
11-19-2010, 04:55 PM

I am not turning on him, Billups has always been overrated.

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Revisiting this trade with updated versions.

niko
02-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Revisiting this trade with updated versions.
Revisit my ass, Chauncey coming to the big apple. You keep using your PG by crappy committe, he'll be leading our team.

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Revisit my ass, Chauncey coming to the big apple. You keep using your PG by crappy committe, he'll be leading our team.

The Miami Heat

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-21-2011, 10:52 PM
this.

the knicks would be extremely re tarded to pay billups to play for the miami heat.

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
this.

the knicks would be extremely re tarded to pay billups to play for the miami heat.

Billups said if he's traded , he'll demand to be bought out.

knickscity
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
No, have you?

Dude is shooting 40% from three

15 pts 6 assists right around his average.

DGARAS
02-21-2011, 10:56 PM

trollolol

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-21-2011, 10:56 PM
LOL

Reverend Hoops
02-21-2011, 10:59 PM

Have you seen the Heat PG's this year?

Billups shooting 51% from the field and 44% from the three in February so far.

Ne 1
02-21-2011, 11:05 PM
Why exactly would the Knicks buy out Billups when they have their starting PG going out in the Melo deal? Chauncey has too much pride to go ring chasing anyway, if he gets cut he's going back home.

Kurosawa0
02-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Normally I would say this is bs, but there does seem to be some momentum to this rumor.

ashbelly
02-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Why exactly would the Knicks buy out Billups when they have their starting PG going out in the Melo deal? Chauncey has too much pride to go ring chasing anyway, if he gets cut he's going back home.

http://ufrsports.com/review/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/pat_riley.png

da dream
02-21-2011, 11:12 PM
:oldlol: Miami have zero trade assets...and they won't move Bosh or Miller.

Knicks will trade Billups for James....NYK will finally have landed Lebron :oldlol: :roll: :oldlol:

lpublic_enemyl
02-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Harrington has MUCH more range, a quicker trigger and his jumpshot is wet. There is already chemistry established between Melo and Harrington. Not to mention Harrington plays defense. He is our best pick-and-roll defensive pick, our most mobile and best trapping big.

I don't want to take a gamble on a guy like Bosh. He can't even pull down boards right now despite being one of only two/three legitimate bigs on a roster.
NOT A BIG FAN OF bosh but seriously he is light years ahead of al harington as a player

FKAri
02-22-2011, 01:09 AM
lol @ trading Bosh. If he leaves Miami officially has no one who can score at the 4 and 5. That's a pretty big void. It would be much more efficient to trade either Wade or Lebron because one of them leaving doesn't leave as big a void. And imagine what you could get for trading one of those two.

But thats a PR nightmare so it aint gonna happen :lol.

nashisbest
02-22-2011, 01:12 AM
miami has no use for a PG passer cos thats bron and wade's job

LA_Showtime
02-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Miami? We'll treat you like a king in LA, Chauncey. :oldlol:

PowerGlove
02-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I dont think even think Chauncey will fit in...unless he can take a back seat.

niko
02-22-2011, 01:15 AM
To NJ dumbass. This was when the NJ trade was occuring.

LA_Showtime
02-22-2011, 01:16 AM
I dont think even think Chauncey will fit in...unless he can take a back seat.

He had trouble deferring to Melo in the clutch at times, but I'm willing to bet Miami would be willing to take that risk. :oldlol:

All Net
12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
If nobody claims him he will be a free agent Monday at 6pm