PDA

View Full Version : Hornets trade Peja and Bayless to Raptors for Jack, Andersen and Banks!

AKADS
11-20-2010, 11:29 AM
ESPN Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5828835)

Peja and Bayless for Jack, Andersen and Banks.

Peja is an experir at 15 Mil
Bayless is sign for 3 Mil next yr and then a RFA.

Banks is a experir
Jack has two more yrs at 5.2 / 5.8 Mil
Andersen has a team option.

Looks like the Hornet are trying to get under the luxury tax a little more and add some depth on there front line. Jack would work well as a back up and could play the 2 next to Paul as well. I don't know why the Raptors do it unless BC thinks its 2001 and Peja is still good.

MeLO MvP 15
11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
I literally was posting this when you did... but you beat by a minute lol...

AKADS
11-20-2010, 11:35 AM
What do u think of it.

I really think the Hornets should be able to get more for Peja but i guess this season isn't as big of a sell off for experir as last season.

MeLO MvP 15
11-20-2010, 11:36 AM
What do u think of it.

I really think the Hornets should be able to get more for Peja but i guess this season isn't as big of a sell off for experir as last season.
ya that's what I thought too... I put my opinions in my thread... but pretty much NO just traded a massive expiring which could've gotten them a good player at the deadline and a guy they just gave up a pick to get for a good combo guard and 2 scrubs...

AKADS
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Andersen will get minutes he isn't a solid player but on the weak front line hes a 4th big who can play 12 - 18 minutes and bring energy. Maybe the Hornets don't want to bring in anyone who will disrupt there chemistry.

Rekindled
11-20-2010, 11:42 AM
terrible trade for NOH. who plays back up SF for them now?

yobore
11-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Peja wasn't in the rotation they were just playing him to show he could still play. Pondexter is solid. If one of them goes down they'll just play Pops there.

Rekindled
11-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Peja wasn't in the rotation they were just playing him to show he could still play. Pondexter is solid. If one of them goes down they'll just play Pops there.

wtf Pops is a PF/C, pondexter is a rookie and barely have played

ginobli2311
11-20-2010, 11:51 AM
i'm so confused by this trade. bayless has a ton of potential. why would you give him up if you don't get legit players back.

peja's contract alone is worth more than this trade. i'm really shocked at this trade. they could get a lot more than this......a lot more.

banks is worthless. andersen might help a little. but i'm not sure what they really gain for the playoffs. jack is better than bayless.....but bayless has a much higher ceiling. just wow. i really hope they don't make this trade.

Grinder
11-20-2010, 11:52 AM
It'll be Pondexter backing up Ariza and if they really need to they'll just play guards with Willie Green at the 3.

Rekindled
11-20-2010, 11:53 AM
ok, just heard it will save hornets a lot of cash.

George Shin lol

ginobli2311
11-20-2010, 11:54 AM
ok, just heard it will save hornets a lot of cash.

George Shin lol

this is not how you keep chris paul....which will lose you money in the long run.

just an awful awful trade for a hornets team that is one player away from being a legit contender.

Sammobile
11-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, what a terrible deal. Why move peja now?

alenleomessi
11-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I dont know why would the Hornets want to change anything when there are doing just fine

yobore
11-20-2010, 12:02 PM
this is not how you keep chris paul....which will lose you money in the long run.

just an awful awful trade for a hornets team that is one player away from being a legit contender.i'm not saying it's a great trade but people have said every single move the Hornets made recently has been "awful awful trade," but all the supposed scrubs they've acquired have thrived in NO. It's possible they are seeing something in Anderson that would make him a big upgrade from Mbenga, who is the weak point in their bench

Rekindled
11-20-2010, 12:03 PM
i dont think they can trade bayless in a package though for a while

MeLO MvP 15
11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
i dont think they can trade bayless in a package though for a while
technically yes, but teams get by this with a very easy loophole... technically it would be something like Bayless for Anderson, then Peja for Banks and Jack... b/c you can trade him in a one for one swap... it's the same way that teams use TPEs in multiplayer trades, you break them into smaller trades to get by the little problems... it works...

JerrySteakhouse
11-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Great trade for the Raptors.

RoTM
11-20-2010, 01:20 PM
So Colangelo wants to get a better look at Peja before offering him a 4yr/30 million extension?

Showtime
11-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Quincy was a combo forward. He might get more time.

LJJ
11-20-2010, 02:08 PM
This trade doesn't make any sense.

NOH should have used Peja's expirer to get some help, so the only help they get is... a point guard? :ohwell:

And the Raps trade away their starting PG for an expirer? :facepalm

bagelred
11-20-2010, 02:08 PM
This trade is not possible. It doesn't work under CBA rules. Toronto is taking back too much salary. There will have to be an adjustment, because this 5 man trade can't happen. Toronto will have to throw in another player.

bokes15
11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
This trade is not possible. It doesn't work under CBA rules. Toronto is taking back too much salary. There will have to be an adjustment, because this 5 man trade can't happen. Toronto will have to throw in another player.
[QUOTE]A reliable Greek news source first got wind of the trade this morning. Peja lives in Greece in the offseason, and the report

bagelred
11-20-2010, 02:27 PM

It doesn't matter if broken into two trades. Still doesn't work.

It's broken into two trades because of Bayless, but that has nothing to do with salary matching. Two different issues.

bokes15
11-20-2010, 02:32 PM
It doesn't matter if broken into two trades. Still doesn't work.

It's broken into two trades because of Bayless, but that has nothing to do with salary matching. Two different issues.
The Raptors have a huge trade exception. Maybe they used that?

InspiredLebowski
11-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Second time Jarrett Jack and Jerryd Bayless have been traded for one another, and neither team from the original deal is involved. Gotta love the NBA.

bballnoob
11-20-2010, 02:44 PM
This trade doesn't make any sense.

NOH should have used Peja's expirer to get some help, so the only help they get is... a point guard? :ohwell:

And the Raps trade away their starting PG for an expirer? :facepalm

Well to be fair, both the Raptor's PG's are pretty average-below average starting point guards right now so the fact that one is a starter isn't a big acomplishment.

It looks like the value of expiring contracts has taken quite the dip. Where as before, an impact player could possibly be obtained, the Hornets just got role players :ohwell:

DuMa
11-20-2010, 02:44 PM
new orleans screwing themselves in the ass :facepalm

bagelred
11-20-2010, 02:51 PM
The Raptors have a huge trade exception. Maybe they used that?

OK that would make sense. Bayless can be traded to Toronto for exception. And Peja can be traded for those 3 guys. That could work.

Rose
11-20-2010, 03:00 PM
WTF. this deal is stupid!!!!! you could go into the offseason having enough money to chase Melo or whoever, and still have Bayless(loaded with potential) or you could...flip him for Iggy later in the season. This is one of the worst deals ever. Banks=suckage Anderson=suckage. Jack=good. But still. Bayless will probably be better than him. They can still chase after Melo or whoever they want but really. This is what they use the Peja contract for?

Kobe Jnr
11-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I would've kept Peja, he is one of your best shooters, and can come in handy.

I also would've kept Bayless, he can score the boy and be a good back up for Chris Paul..

Don't know much about Anderson, and Banks should be thanking D'antoni for getting him that big contract...

Jasi
11-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Belinelli can play the 3 too

TDPrime2030
11-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Bayless and Jack are basically the exact same player, but Willie Green played more than Bayless and will probably continue playing more than Jack as well.

As for Peja? I don't know why you got him involved in the deal. I know he is basically washed up, but he is a shooter, something the Hornets didn't get in return.

And I don't understand getting David Andersen. He isn't that much better Mbenga, and if he is, he is a lot softer.

Looks like Hornets will play small ball from positions 1-3. Thornton to play the three? Either that or Pondexter just starts getting playing time...

AKADS
11-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Bayless and Jack are basically the exact same player, but Willie Green played more than Bayless and will probably continue playing more than Jack as well.

As for Peja? I don't know why you got him involved in the deal. I know he is basically washed up, but he is a shooter, something the Hornets didn't get in return.

And I don't understand getting David Andersen. He isn't that much better Mbenga, and if he is, he is a lot softer.

Looks like Hornets will play small ball from positions 1-3. Thornton to play the three? Either that or Pondexter just starts getting playing time...
What Jack is a bigger and a better shooter, and passer. He won't score in bunches like Bayless but I think he is a perfect b/u to Paul and could play next Paul better then Bayless.

Showtime
11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
lol @ the hornets looking for a reserve PG. They gave one away, and now are grasping for anybody who can come off the bench. Marco is ending up the better player for the hornets than Ariza.

hkc
11-20-2010, 03:46 PM
lol @ the hornets looking for a reserve PG. They gave one away, and now are grasping for anybody who can come off the bench. Marco is ending up the better player for the hornets than Ariza.

you're a fool. have you watched ANY hornets games? ariza has been huge for us. hes won games with his defensive play. marco has been good, but please dont say we "gave one away" and the guy we got for him isnt producing. ariza is doing exactly what the hornets brought him here to do.

as far as this trade, it doesnt make sense to people who dont watch the hornets, but it makes sense to fans. bayless cannot play the pg position. he just cant. we lose big leads bc of his turnovers, and lack of willingness to pass to the open shot. having a LEGIT pg backing up paul is HUGE! jack has a high bball iq, and will pass that ball. i agree that we might have gotten something bigger back for peja, but i have faith in my FO, and have a feeling banks and andersen may be used in a trade closer to the deadline.

ALSO, thornton may be getting on the good side of monty and dell with his improved defensive play, so any scoring we lose with peja, we can gain in boatloads if thornton starts to play. which he will.

Showtime
11-20-2010, 03:54 PM
you're a fool. have you watched ANY hornets games? ariza has been huge for us. hes won games with his defensive play. marco has been good, but please dont say we "gave one away" and the guy we got for him isnt producing. When did I say Ariza didn't produce? What I said was that Marco is the best addition to the team. I will concede that, at the very least, he's helping the team as much as Ariza, and that's still a bad sign for the Ariza trade.

ariza is doing exactly what the hornets brought him here to do.

And that's my problem. You don't make that trade for a defensive role player who can occasionally spot up for 3.

as far as this trade, it doesnt make sense to people who dont watch the hornets, but it makes sense to fans.

I am a hornet fan. And this trade does make sense, which is why I'm pissed. They wouldn't have had to go searching for a PG if they didn't do the Ariza deal in the first place. Now, they are looking for anybody who can come off the bench to replace Paul and produce, because Bayless can't. And now they will try to see if Jack will be able to do it. I'm not against this trade. I'm just pissed that they put themselves in this position to have to do this deal in the first place. IMO, they would have been in a better position if the Ariza deal never happened.

They would have had Collison off the bench, Thornton and Quincy will have played more minutes, Marco would still be balling, and they could have used Peja's deal to get a better wing or big upgrade.

Sroek
11-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Awesome deal for the Hornets.

People saying LOL WHY PEJA!!!11 don't even follow the NBA. Peja is useless in the current Hornets rotation, he's washed up. Bayless has potential but does nothing for NOH right now. Jarrett Jack is the real steal in this deal.

Ron Artest
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Hornets get rolled. They should have held out for Iggy.

mayo'sgrizz
11-20-2010, 04:23 PM
damn i thought bayless was a good fit in NOH. well raptors got a good young player

Showtime
11-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Awesome deal for the Hornets.

People saying LOL WHY PEJA!!!11 don't even follow the NBA. Peja is useless in the current Hornets rotation, he's washed up. Bayless has potential but does nothing for NOH right now. Jarrett Jack is the real steal in this deal.
Peja is a 15 mil expiring deal with a new CBA deal coming up. He's more valuable than Jack. I guess you don't even follow the NBA.

Kurosawa0
11-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Not a bad move. Saves the Hornets money and they still have a PG behind Paul with Jack. Toronto gets Bayless, who could blossom with having the reins of a team.

Batz
11-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Wow, we gave up Jack? What the ****? Now Jose is back to a starter? Oh ****ing wow...

Kurosawa0
11-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow, we gave up Jack? What the ****? Now Jose is back to a starter? Oh ****ing wow...

I would think Bayless would start. It would seem that's why Toronto made the trade. Otherwise, kind of a bad move if they don't really try to give Bayless some burn.

chazzy
11-20-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pJBhgh46-A

thejumpa
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
lol did it again....oh well I don't like this trade anyway

bagelred
11-20-2010, 05:07 PM
My guess is this gets New Orleans under luxury tax, which is a huge financial swing.

InspiredLebowski
11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
The Hornets save around 11 million counting tax ramifications and they got the best player in the deal.

Rose
11-20-2010, 05:09 PM
My guess is this gets New Orleans under luxury tax, which is a huge financial swing.
they already were. This just gets them further under it.

All Net
11-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Jack has looked good this year, nice back-up.

bagelred
11-20-2010, 05:25 PM
they already were. This just gets them further under it.

Says Hornets are over $71 million in payroll now, which is over luxury. Luxury is $70.3 for this year.

Batz
11-20-2010, 05:28 PM
:cry:

JustinJDW
11-20-2010, 05:31 PM
WHAT THE ****!!!

BAYLESS WAS ON THE HORNETS!?!? THE BLAZERS TRADED HIM! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW! WHEN THE HELL DID THAT SHIT HAPPEN! THAT KID WAS A BEAST!

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

AMISTILLILL
11-20-2010, 05:43 PM
You couldn't have conjured up a more pointless, nonsensical trade if you were toying around with random players on ESPN Trade Machine. Aside from the financial aspect of this it's a wash.

Peja, despite his reoccurring health issues, is still a threat from the perimeter. He's slowed way down which has had its obvious adverse affects on his defense but he's one of the purest shooters in the league and NOH gives him up like he's nothing. If they go deep in the playoffs they're going to regret letting him go.

NOH acquires Bayless... only to dish him off to Toronto weeks later? Does this kid have an attitude problem that we aren't aware of? His upside is HUGE and I was shocked that Portland even gave him up. He's going to be starting for a team by 2012.

Getting Jack is decent... but still, why? Because Paul wanted one of his pals on the team?

The Hornets are messing with a team that clearly is firing on all cylinders and ready to contend. Instead of taking on players of this ilk they should use their resources to snag a solid veteran at the trade deadline. Maybe a Michael Redd or someone along those lines.

LJJ
11-20-2010, 05:46 PM
WHAT THE ****!!!

BAYLESS WAS ON THE HORNETS!?!? THE BLAZERS TRADED HIM! I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW! WHEN THE HELL DID THAT SHIT HAPPEN! THAT KID WAS A BEAST!

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
:roll:

TDPrime2030
11-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Says Hornets are over $71 million in payroll now, which is over luxury. Luxury is $70.3 for this year.
Do you know how much were they over the luxury before this trade was made?

The Hornets save around 11 million counting tax ramifications and they got the best player in the deal.
I didn't know the Hornets save that much money from this deal...It wasn't such a confusing trade after all.

plat1numX
11-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Jack has looked good this year, nice back-up.

Lol, J.Jack has been absolute shit this year. He is getting outplayed by calderon :facepalm

shootingcomets
11-20-2010, 06:00 PM
what a waste of an expiring contract, they sure could do better than that

hkc
11-20-2010, 06:15 PM
When did I say Ariza didn't produce? What I said was that Marco is the best addition to the team. I will concede that, at the very least, he's helping the team as much as Ariza, and that's still a bad sign for the Ariza trade.

And that's my problem. You don't make that trade for a defensive role player who can occasionally spot up for 3.

I am a hornet fan. And this trade does make sense, which is why I'm pissed. They wouldn't have had to go searching for a PG if they didn't do the Ariza deal in the first place. Now, they are looking for anybody who can come off the bench to replace Paul and produce, because Bayless can't. And now they will try to see if Jack will be able to do it. I'm not against this trade. I'm just pissed that they put themselves in this position to have to do this deal in the first place. IMO, they would have been in a better position if the Ariza deal never happened.

They would have had Collison off the bench, Thornton and Quincy will have played more minutes, Marco would still be balling, and they could have used Peja's deal to get a better wing or big upgrade.

my apologies, you're right, you didnt say that. but how is it a bad sign if they are helping out the same amount? we arent trying to make ariza anything he isnt. ditto with belly. ariza isnt a superstar, to me hes not even a bonafide star, but he IS A DEFENSIVE SUPERSTAR. and ill take that. you make the collison trade every single time. collison would have been a good back up pg, but the GLARING hole in the hornets was their lack of wing players. we solved that by shipping out a good back up pg, for one of the best defensive/athletic wing players in the league. granted ariza cant create for himself and isnt consistent from mid range, but with cp3, he doesnt need to do that. all he has to do is spot up on offense, and go nuts on defense. again, you make that trade every day of the week, especially when defense is the mindset of the organization. as monty has said, "defense is non negotiable"

you're right, you wouldnt have to go searching for a back up pg if you didnt do the ariza deal, but you would be searching for the answer at the 2/3. you would still be searching for that elite defender, the one that can slow down the wades, anthonys, etc. the hornets addressed their need. you dont need a remarkable back up pg when you have cp3 on the team. you do need athletic defenders however. steals and turnovers by the opposition are a huge reason this team is 10-1. you can thank ariza and paul for that.

another thing, dont you think our GM and head coach were trying to swing something better? isnt it possible they know something we dont? dell said he would evaluate this team every 10 games, and see what needs to be done. he saw that we needed stability in the backcourt for our bench, and addressed that need. we were blowing teams out, but our bench was letting them back in off of poor shot selection and turnovers, all of which can be solved with a true backup pg, and we now have that in jack.

bdreason
11-20-2010, 06:36 PM
It's not that bad of a deal for NOH.

Peja is done, period. He might be able to hit some 3's, but he can't guard a tree.

Jack will fit well in NOH, and is good enough to give Paul some real rest during games.

Bayless is overrated. He's a tweener who will never start at the 1 or 2 on a good team. Lacks to IQ and vision to play the 1, lacks the size and shooting to play the 2. There is reason teams are willing to let him go.

All that said, I think NOH could have got more for Pejas contract. Especially if they were willing to throw in Bayless.

Rose
11-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Hollinger says it saved them about a million. So it could have saved them realistically anywhere between nothing and a billion dollars. So I guess it does benefit them for the tax. Jack's an alright floor spacer, and Anderson supposedly shoots well from midrange which fits into what they do with the CP3 pick and roll. So I guess it isn't terrible, but they could have gotten far far more.

bdreason
11-20-2010, 06:43 PM
And how about Marcus Thornton? Is he hurt of just in the doghouse? This guy showed more at the end of last year than Bayless ever has... get him some PT. :confusedshrug:

Vince15
11-20-2010, 06:45 PM
actually excited to see anderson get some pplaying time at NO

VishaltotheG
11-20-2010, 06:59 PM
So what's the depth charts for the Hornets and Raptors now?

bokes15
11-20-2010, 07:02 PM
You couldn't have conjured up a more pointless, nonsensical trade if you were toying around with random players on ESPN Trade Machine. Aside from the financial aspect of this it's a wash.

Peja, despite his reoccurring health issues, is still a threat from the perimeter. He's slowed way down which has had its obvious adverse affects on his defense but he's one of the purest shooters in the league and NOH gives him up like he's nothing. If they go deep in the playoffs they're going to regret letting him go.

NOH acquires Bayless... only to dish him off to Toronto weeks later? Does this kid have an attitude problem that we aren't aware of? His upside is HUGE and I was shocked that Portland even gave him up. He's going to be starting for a team by 2012.

Getting Jack is decent... but still, why? Because Paul wanted one of his pals on the team?

The Hornets are messing with a team that clearly is firing on all cylinders and ready to contend. Instead of taking on players of this ilk they should use their resources to snag a solid veteran at the trade deadline. Maybe a Michael Redd or someone along those lines.

The reports are that Peja was unhappy about losing his starting spot to Bellinelli. That's why they got rid of him because they felt they had an adequate replacement and he was no longer in their long term plans.

Rose
11-20-2010, 07:08 PM
And how about Marcus Thornton? Is he hurt of just in the doghouse? This guy showed more at the end of last year than Bayless ever has... get him some PT. :confusedshrug:
Monty isn't playing him much because he's disappointed in Marcus' defense. Which I can understand seeing as NO is winning mostly because of their D

A Roc 23
11-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Jarrett Jack is an awesome back up.

But anyone who watches the Raptors this year knows he's been chucking. That's what being a veteran on a young rebuilding team will do for you. He'll make a nice back up on a contender if his three point shot starts falling like it did last year.

Jack has been killing the offensive flow. Calderon is not a good player and he does hold the ball too much, but he takes slightly less bad jump shots and a lot less random blind drives to the basket.

I like what the Raptors are doing. Stockpile young guys, hope some turn out, draft high, and then fill in the holes with veterans. No point holding on to a 5.5 million dollar back up veteran point guard if you can get a young guy for him.

Check out the roster now:

Bigs:
Amir - 23
Alabi - 22
Bargnani - 25
Ed Davis - 21

Forwards:
Kleiza - 25
J. Wright - 23

Swings:
Weems - 24
DeMar - 21

Guards:
Bayless - 22

Add a lottery pick + Miami's late 1st and you've got some young guys to work with. Not to mention the Raptors have a big TPE (12-15 million depending on how the trade works out), and 25 million in expendable expiring contracts. Imagine if they took on a contract like Baron Davis' to get another top 5 pick!

magnax1
11-20-2010, 08:11 PM
I thought they could get better then that for a 15 million expirer. Good trade for NO, but how much is Jack even going to play?

AKADS
11-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Add a lottery pick + Miami's late 1st and you've got some young guys to work with. Not to mention the Raptors have a big TPE (12-15 million depending on how the trade works out), and 25 million in expendable expiring contracts. Imagine if they took on a contract like Baron Davis' to get another top 5 pick!

Donald Sterling has never traded a first round pick since he has owned the Clippers don't see him doing it now.

Problem with the Raptors young talent is they are all role players and anyone not on their rookie contract is over paid.

A Roc 23
11-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Donald Sterling has never traded a first round pick since he has owned the Clippers don't see him doing it now.

Problem with the Raptors young talent is they are all role players and anyone not on their rookie contract is over paid.

Yeah it's a dream scenario (for a fan who doesn't have to pay Baron's salary). Realistically you can't have Bayless, Baron, Calderon, AND Kyrie Irving or Brandon Knight. It's just too much even if you're doing it to get the pick.

And on the other part, meh.

- Bargnani makes 10 million on average, which isn't great but isn't terrible.
- Amir makes 5.5 million on average (before incentives), which is overpaid but not crippling for an awesome bench big.
- Kleiza makes 4.5 million on average. Once again it's a decent deal in my opinion.

That's it really. All okay contracts that should be a little lower. The only BAD contract is Calderon, who makes 10 million instead of the 3-4 million he deserves.

Other contracts:

Barbosa - 7.5 million next year if he opts in. He has a player option. If he opts in it's a bad deal, and this is very likely. Even with the opt in he's an expirer next year.
Peja - expirer
Reggie - expirer
J. Wright - expirer
Bayless - 3 million
DeRozan - 3 million
E. Davis - 2.5 million
Weems - 850 thousand
Dorsey - 850 thousand
Alabi - 750 thousand

So really Calderon is their only bad contract past next year, and Barbosa is their only bad contract past this year. Then Bargnani, Amir and Kleiza are slightly overpaid, but all 25 and young and no health issues. You could argue Bargnani is worth his contract. Same with Kleiza and Amir.

no pun intended
11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Steve Nash says hi.

Kujo
11-20-2010, 09:25 PM
This trade makes the Hornets a better team. Jack is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bayless, who hardly played. Hornets now have a solid backup PG. Anderson is a serviceable big. Peja sucks now.

I guess this is clearly a cap saving move by the Raptors. It's the only thing that makes sense. This makes us worse, and a better chance at securing a top lottery pick.

AJ2k8
11-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow read this last night but for some reason thought it was a rumor:lol

Anyway i'm glad to see David Anderson outta Toronto and kinda surprised to see Bayless on his way to Toronto.

Qwyjibo
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Steve Nash says hi.
Bryan Colangelo will wait until Nash is 41 to trade for him or sign him. He generally waits until veterans are completely over the hill.

I don't trust these huge expiring deals, the TPE and high draft picks in the hands of Colangelo. Little good will come of this as long as he is still the GM of the Raptors.

LosBulls
11-20-2010, 09:41 PM
You guys don't understand. They want to resign West and go after a good SF in free agency while they get a candidate for 6th Man of the year to work behind CP3.

no pun intended
11-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Bryan Colangelo will wait until Nash is 41 to trade for him or sign him. He generally waits until veterans are completely over the hill.

I don't trust these huge expiring deals, the TPE and high draft picks in the hands of Colangelo. Little good will come of this as long as he is still the GM of the Raptors.
Man...Steve Nash on the Raptors would be so ballin'. Imagine Nash running the Raptor's fast pace offense with his best friend Barbosa, budding small forward Derozan, and versatile center Bargnani. Hello Canada.

hawkfan
11-21-2010, 01:59 AM
The new GM seems interested in getting as many athletes around Paul as he can, and Jack and Banks can add to that.

Plus it's easier to move these smaller contracts out if need be, versus Peja's big contract.

hawkfan
11-21-2010, 02:01 AM
The Raptors should buy out Peja and then he can sign with the Hawks as our sixth man. Peja's old, but we could use his shooting.

Rowe
11-21-2010, 02:22 AM
The Raptors should buy out Peja and then he can sign with the Hawks as our sixth man. Peja's old, but we could use his shooting.

I can see that happening sometime around the trade deadline, unless Toronto tries to move Peja's expirer for some value.

Peja would only be hogging minutes in Toronto since hes strictly a SF. I dont think he is a 6th Man, hes now just a 3PT specialist.

SinJackal
11-21-2010, 03:05 AM
What do u think of it.

Peja's been terrible for awhile now. They were lucky a team agreed to trade for him to be honest. They got better players in return, as well as shed some salary. Good trade for them.

asero
11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
more playing time for Quincy P

GiveItToBurrito
11-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Jack probably helps NO a lot, and I've never been a huge fan of Bayless. I think he could help their offense when Paul goes out since he gets to the line so much, but he could never share the floor with him, while Jack's a good enough shooter to play off the ball.

As far as the Peja part of this, I don't think it matters for NO since he wasn't playing. They probably couldn't have gotten much more for him, every team has expiring contracts right now.

BlackJordan
11-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Jarret Jack :mad:

QuebecBaller
11-21-2010, 03:19 PM
They all suck not thread worthy :facepalm

:facepalm

Did you know, it's a 30 teams league? It's not because we're not talking about YOUR favorite team that's not thread worthy

alenleomessi
11-21-2010, 03:48 PM
My favorite team is Bucks who got fu*ked up trading that soft ****** Joe :facepalm
How many accounts does this Belly kid has :rolleyes:

G-train
11-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I understand the trade.

You would only get an overpaid 2nd option for Peja contract, so instead they go for low cost reliability.

bagelred
11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Not sure if mentioned yet, but turns out, Paul and Jack are like best friends. This is the primary reason for the trade. To get Paul to want to stay in NO.

Zan Tabak
11-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Not sure if mentioned yet, but turns out, Paul and Jack are like best friends. This is the primary reason for the trade. To get Paul to want to stay in NO.

They said the same thing about Bosh. Seems Jack is everyone's best friend.

LJJ
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
They said the same thing about Bosh. Seems Jack is everyone's best friend.

CP3 (league leader in steals) stealing Bosh's BFF?

http://i52.tinypic.com/fylmxh.jpg

alenleomessi
11-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Of topic but Im so happy about Marco Belinelli turning his career from a bad team bench to a great team starting SG and one of the key players

yobore
11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
that's just a side thing. They got a good PG, and they turned Peja's contract into smaller pieces they can do other little trades. wierdest thing is Jack's from Monty's neighborhood and his dad was kind of a mentor for Monty

Nastradamus
11-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Yah, Jack being his friend helps, but the bottom line is that Bayless sucked and JAck is a VERY good 3rd guard. He's a good starter for that matter.

The new GM in NO(Demps?) has done a great job at remaking that roster on the fly. He kept the core of Paul,West,Okafor intact and added in a handful of guys who are either role players or who fall in between role player and star.

Jack and Ariza particularly were really good additions, both fit really well with Paul and they are relatively cheap. Ariza is the running the floor, defending, finishing etc. athletic forward that a great PG needs and Jack can both back up Paul and play with him, allowing another ball handler on the floor so you can't pressure Paul so easily. He can also knock down open 3s off the ball.

Belinelli and Green gave them more shooters on the perimeter and Jason Smith gave them a big guy who could back up Okafor and West and knock down open shots too. Even Aaron Gray was a useful big body to add.

I can't believe Paul would want to leave anymore. Few if any places are going to offer him a better chance to win that can also afford him

Funnyfuka
11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
raptors are a bunch of complete clowns. :roll:

Beebo
11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
raptors are a bunch of complete clowns. :roll:

Why? :confusedshrug:

TLSubmit
05-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey im new here.

Nice to meet everyone!
Hope you all have a good day