PDA

View Full Version : Heat sign Erick Dampier, waive Jerry Stackhouse!

Reverend Hoops
11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
CBS Sports reports:

Erick Dampier has a one-year offer from the Miami Heat and is expected to sign it Tuesday, CBSSports.com has learned.

The 35-year-old center arrived in Miami Monday night and, pending his passing of a medical exam, will join the team to replace Udonis Haslem, who is out until at least February with a torn ligament in his foot. The deal is for one year at the prorated veteran’s minimum, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

The Heat will have to release a player to create a roster spot for Dampier, likely Dexter Pittman or Jamaal Magloire.

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:30 PM
And....it still won't make a difference this year.

bagelred
11-22-2010, 06:32 PM
What took them so long?

Rowe
11-22-2010, 06:33 PM

Yep.

It seems that Damp being a Free Agent has made people forget hes underachieved for most of his career, hes old & slow, and that he believes he is worth much more than what everyone else thinks.

:confusedshrug:

hawkfan
11-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Time for Joel Anthony to polish up his resume, since he'll be gone when Haslem comes back.

TDPrime2030
11-22-2010, 06:35 PM
What exactly is this guy going to be good for? Fouls against Dwight Howard? He is a big body and that's it. He is not someone like Reggie Evans, a.k.a someone they need.

Rose
Yep.

It seems that Damp being a Free Agent has made people forget hes underachieved for most of his career, hes old & slow, and that he believes he is worth much more than what everyone else thinks.

:confusedshrug:
Exactly. He'll help them in some games. But in now way shape or form does he make them a title contender, give them more wins, or make anyone go OMG the Heat are the team to Beat!

bagelred
Time for Joel Anthony to polish up his resume, since he'll be gone when Haslem comes back.

Too bad Anthony has a 5 year contract.

Dwade305
11-22-2010, 06:36 PM
What exactly is this guy going to be good for? Fouls against Dwight Howard? He is a big body and that's it. He is not someone like Reggie Evans, a.k.a someone they need.

Dampier>Yao though :confusedshrug:

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Please don't trade Joel anthony. he plays good defense on Howard.. Haslem's injury has forced us to get him. Shit just got real !!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

hawkfan
11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Too bad Anthony has a 5 year contract.

Actually it is, since he certainly isn't worth it. He's the Jerome James of the Heat.

Rose
Actually it is, since he certainly isn't worth it. He's the Jerome James of the Heat.
:roll: Kinda true!

chazzy
It's about time..

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Exactly. He'll help them in some games. But in now way shape or form does he make them a title contender, give them more wins, or make anyone go OMG the Heat are the team to Beat!

atleast we can now hang with the Celtics.. we will destroy/annihalate the Magic. We will hang tight with the Lakers. Length in the front court is not an issue anymore. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Reverend Hoops
11-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Wow Reggie Evans has been overrated here.

Dampier > Reggie Evans

They don't need another undersized big. Haslem should be back by playoffs.

PowerGlove
11-22-2010, 06:41 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

but JO makes a difference in Boston?

The anti-heat stance many of you have taken makes you look stupid. He's a good rebounder and has size. That's what Miami needs. But it wont make a difference.

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
atleast we can now hang with the Celtics.. we will destroy/annihalate the Magic. We will hang tight with the Lakers. Length in the front court is not an issue anymore. :oldlol: :oldlol:
:roll: :roll: Hang with the Celtics? Yes obviously the destroyer of worlds Dampier will do that for you! and he'll crush D12!!!! and help you with the Lakers because...you know he's Erica Dampier! destroyer of big man! Big league dominator!

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

but JO makes a difference in Boston?

The anti-heat stance many of you have taken makes you look stupid. He's a good rebounder and has size. That's what Miami needs. But it wont make a difference.
I said he'd help them in games, but he's not a game changer.

PowerGlove
11-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I said he'd help them in games, but he's not a game changer.
They dont need a game changer when they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Why would they need a game changer when they have three all-stars headed to the HOF?

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
They dont need a game changer when they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Why would they need a game changer when they have three all-stars headed to the HOF?
Because they obviously can't beat teams with a legit point guard and center.

I'd also add that Bosh's HOF resume isn't that good. Yeah he's got a gold medal, and been to the playoffs what once? And lost in the sweet 16 I believe so that's not helping him either.

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 06:45 PM
BOSH IS SMILING RIGHT NOW !!!! ... :oldlol: :oldlol:

G-train
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM
:roll: :roll: Hang with the Celtics? Yes obviously the destroyer of worlds Dampier will do that for you! and he'll crush D12!!!! and help you with the Lakers because...you know he's Erica Dampier! destroyer of big man! Big league dominator!

Heat had close games with the Celtics and crushed Orlando already. Dampier isn't the reason for that - Heat are already that good. Laker's struggled with the Heat prior to Lebron and Bosh due to our excellent defensive schemes working well against the triangle.

Dampier would be a minor signing but helpful none the less. He'll provide true size and split time with Z and Anthony.

The reason Heat will contend for the title this season is great defence and offensive chemistry growing as the season progresses towards the playoffs.

B-Easy
11-22-2010, 06:50 PM

hes a huge upgrade .. thats how bad Joel Anthony has been

G-train
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM

That is far from obvious at this stage.

Yung D-Will
11-22-2010, 06:52 PM
They dont need a game changer when they have Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Why would they need a game changer when they have Two Superstars headed to the HOF?

Bosh has shown nothing that implies he'll ever be a hall of famer:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
11-22-2010, 06:53 PM
He's a smart signing assuming the deal is consummated. He potentially helps inside, and what do they have to lose by bringing him in?

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Heat had close games with the Celtics and crushed Orlando already. Dampier isn't the reason for that - Heat are already that good. Laker's struggled with the Heat prior to Lebron and Bosh due to our excellent defensive schemes working well against the triangle.

Dampier would be a minor signing but helpful none the less. He'll provide true size and split time with Z and Anthony.

The reason Heat will contend for the title this season is great defence and offensive chemistry gorwing as the season progresses towards the playoffs.
The Celtics fairly easily beat the Heat. Orlando got destroyed I admit that. But imagine if teams like the Grizzlies are giving the Heat trouble who while talented, are underachievers, and literally EVERY team is gunning for them and to try and beat them. Imagine what the Lakers will do?

I think the Heat are contenders this year, but this signing isn't OMG game changer. And their defense has been getting worse as the season has gone on. And I haven't really noticed a change in chemistry. It goes from being weird on offense to Cleveland ball. That doesn't help you win a title. I think they'll obviously get the kinks worked out. But by the time they get back Mike Miller, they then have to get used to Haslem being back on the roster. and getting back in the rotation which will cause another slight but noticable disruption in chemistry. I just don't see them winning it this year. Obviously having Wade can help you win any and every series, but I don't think they have the right pieces to win it all this year.

Next year's the year.

G-train
11-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Bosh has shown nothing that implies he'll ever be a hall of famer:oldlol:

Except that he is a 5 time allstar elite power forward and half way through his career, and now in a position to win titles.

PowerGlove
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM

I'd also add that Bosh's HOF resume isn't that good. Yeah he's got a gold medal, and been to the playoffs what once? And lost in the sweet 16 I believe so that's not helping him either.
He's been to the playoff twice.

The Miami heat have beaten the Magic, are Nelson and Dwight not legit?

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Except that he is a 5 time allstar elite power forward and half way through his career, and now in a position to win titles.

ditto ..

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
That is far from obvious at this stage.
Rondo+O'neals
Deron+okay Millsap is a power forward
Conley+Gasol/Z-bo
CP3+David West/Emeka

Notice something?
the 3 best point guards with capable bigs won.
And an improving guard won with a couple all star worthy bigs won.

It's a fact.

Rose
11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
He's been to the playoff twice.

The Miami heat have beaten the Magic, are Nelson and Dwight not legit?
Fine I'll give you the exception of that.

G-train
11-22-2010, 07:00 PM
The Celtics fairly easily beat the Heat. Orlando got destroyed I admit that. But imagine if teams like the Grizzlies are giving the Heat trouble who while talented, are underachievers, and literally EVERY team is gunning for them and to try and beat them. Imagine what the Lakers will do?

I think the Heat are contenders this year, but this signing isn't OMG game changer. And their defense has been getting worse as the season has gone on. And I haven't really noticed a change in chemistry. It goes from being weird on offense to Cleveland ball. That doesn't help you win a title. I think they'll obviously get the kinks worked out. But by the time they get back Mike Miller, they then have to get used to Haslem being back on the roster. and getting back in the rotation which will cause another slight but noticable disruption in chemistry. I just don't see them winning it this year. Obviously having Wade can help you win any and every series, but I don't think they have the right pieces to win it all this year.

Next year's the year.

The Heat almost won both games against Celtics. They lost by 8 the first game depite a horror first half and 5 the next time in a close contest.

The chemistry issues on offence can't be judged for a few months, but I expect positive improvement due to the nature of the players.

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:01 PM
The Heat almost won both games against Celtics. They lost by 8 the first game depite a horror first half and 5 the next time in a close contest.

The chemistry issues on offence can't be judged for a few months, but I expect positive improvement due to the nature of the players.
The Celtics ****ed up and let them come back in the first. And the Celtics played defense when it mattered. the fact is they lost. an L is an L.

I totally expect improvement on offense, if they're fully committed to winning they will improve. the only thing that can stop that is their egos.

MeLO MvP 15
11-22-2010, 07:03 PM
This should've happened in September... better late than never though... btw, Magloire is probably gonna be waived, right?

btw, lol at all the Heat hate... it's not like Miami is signing him expecting him to be a future piece of the franchise, he's just a stop gap until they get a legit center next summer

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Rondo+O'neals
Deron+okay Millsap is a power forward
Conley+Gasol/Z-bo
CP3+David West/Emeka

Notice something?

It's a fact.

:oldlol:
Let me Burst your delusions
1st of all - Deron Williams didnt beat the Heat. Paul Milsap just had a career Night.
2:Conley is not a good Point guard, Gay and Randolph played well, wade was missing and haslem got injured...
3:Why didnt Nash destroy us.
4: Jameer Nelson and dwight got destroyed.

5: We've played poorly against boston, especially wade. if wade scores 20 Pts in any of the Games, we win both. Not worried about this, he won't keep sucking against them. And i like our chances in a series if it comes down to it.

Still have more bullshit up your sleeves ??? . :oldlol: ..

G-train
Rondo+O'neals Close games
Deron+okay Millsap is a power forward Should have won but lucky 3's and a very lucky putback to tie
Conley+Gasol/Z-bo No wade or haslem
CP3+David West/Emeka Leagues hottest team at home and very close game

Notice something?

It's a fact.

I notice that as per bolded, this is poor evidence that its a major issue.
It's a fact they Heat lost those games, but there were specific reasons those games were lost, its not as simple as good PG and good bigman = loss. Surely you dont think that.

They also slaughtered Devin Harris and Brook Lopez so that equation is worthless.

DeronMillsap

They only came back because of the refs. They got embarrassed both games, especially Wade who didn't even showed up.

Yung D-Will
11-22-2010, 07:05 PM
They only came back because of the refs. They got embarrassed both games, especially Wade who didn't even showed up.

Which is suprising because in the playoffs Wade played best against the Celtics if you were to compare him to Kobe and Lebron.

G-train
11-22-2010, 07:06 PM
The Celtics ****ed up and let them come back in the first. And the Celtics played defense when it mattered. the fact is they lost. an L is an L.

I totally expect improvement on offense, if they're fully committed to winning they will improve. the only thing that can stop that is their egos.

A loss is a loss and a close game is a close game.
You LOLed at someone stating Heat hang with the Celtics.
I am simply proving that Heat already hang with the Celtics and there is much room for improvement.

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 07:07 PM

it's not because of the refs you dufus, getting to the Freethrow line is a key element to our success. Wade/bron/Bosh know how to draw fouls.. :oldlol: it's in our teams DNA..

Indian guy
11-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Randolph raping Bosh was the final straw for Riley I guess.

G-train
11-22-2010, 07:09 PM

Wrong. They got embarrassed in the first half of the first game when Wade had not even practiced with the team, and teh rest was competitive.

Heat hate has gone beyond facts and logic around here.

Rose
I notice that as per bolded, this is poor evidence that its a major issue.
It's a fact they Heat lost those games, but there were specific reasons those games were lost, its not as simple as good PG and good bigman = loss. Surely you dont think that.

They also slaughtered Devin Harris and Brook Lopez so that equation is worthless.
Devin Harris has always been overrated, and Lopez is having a down year.

Did Millsap have a career game? Absolutely but that's the NBA and it happens. And I can't confirm it yet but basically it looks like this if you look at their win-loss record.
If you have a good point guard, and good big men, you're gonna win 5 outta 6 times(Orlando the exception) So maybe it's just if you're a pass first point guard. I don't know. There's not enough games to say. But once they've played the Mavericks, Bulls, Spurs, hell a healthy Houston might be able to do it. Then I think we'll know for sure. Because they've already played the 3 best points, and lost all 4 times.

Maybe the correct theory is Great point guard+good big men=win. Not good at both or great big men/good point guard.

Also Haslem played almost the 3/4 of the game.And they were losing when he went down so it didn't matter.

ashbelly
Randolph raping Bosh was the final straw for Riley I guess.

Yeah, also haslem getting injured..

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
A loss is a loss and a close game is a close game.
You LOLed at someone stating Heat hang with the Celtics.
I am simply proving that Heat already hang with the Celtics and there is much room for improvement.
Do you honestly think Dampier makes them more likely to hang with them, than they already are?

LA KB24
11-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Which is suprising because in the playoffs Wade played best against the Celtics if you were to compare him to Kobe and Lebron.
Word. 33.2pts/6.8ast/5.6reb, 56% FG.

:bowdown:

Could have had better numbers if he was more selfish and if JO didn't shoot 16%.

D.J.
11-22-2010, 07:12 PM
This should have been done in August/September. Now, it's going to make a minimal impact. Had this signing taken place 2-3 months ago, it would have taken pressure off the other Miami big men. With Haslem out at least three months, you have a ton of pressure on Bosh, Z, Magloire, Anthony, and now Dampier. They are still incredibly weak inside. The only difference is the weakness isn't quite as bad with a big body that can grab 6-7 rebounds and block two shots in 20 minutes, as well as picking up fouls.

DeronMillsap
it's not because of the refs you dufus, getting to the Freethrow line is a key element to our success. Wade/bron/Bosh know how to draw fouls.. :oldlol:
So they're gonna win games at the free throw line? :roll:

Rowe
This should've happened in September... better late than never though... btw, Magloire is probably gonna be waived, right?

btw, lol at all the Heat hate... it's not like Miami is signing him expecting him to be a future piece of the franchise, he's just a stop gap until they get a legit center next summer

You mean Nazr Mohammed? Jeff Foster? Eddy Curry?:oldlol:

The fact of the matter is that there are no legit C's that are going to become available next summer. Teams overpay for their own "decent" C's because they know how hard it is to replace them with someone else.

Face it, Miami is going to have to rely on a revolving door of mediocre C's for the next few years.

DeronMillsap
11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Wrong. They got embarrassed in the first half of the first game when Wade had not even practiced with the team, and teh rest was competitive.

Heat hate has gone beyond facts and logic around here.
Did you not watch the game in Miami? :facepalm

Miami got their ass busted up in both games.

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:13 PM
You mean Nazr Mohammed? Jeff Foster? Eddy Curry?:oldlol:

The fact of the matter is that there are no legit C's that are going to become available next summer. Teams overpay for their own "decent" C's because they know how hard it is to replace them with someone else.

Face it, Miami is going to have to rely on a revolving door of mediocre C's for the next few years.Tyson Chandler. that's who theyre going to get. Although Cuban will probably overpay him.

G-train
11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Do you honestly think Dampier makes them more likely to hang with them, than they already are?

I think he is a better player than Anthony against size, and I believe he sets better screens.

kabalcage
11-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Maybe now Miami Heat fans will have a reason to show up to games.

LA KB24
11-22-2010, 07:15 PM
it's not because of the refs you dufus, getting to the Freethrow line is a key element to our success. Wade/bron/Bosh know how to draw fouls.. :oldlol:
Yeah, they just run into people and get rewarded instantly. At least KD is crafty with drawing fouls, and actually makes the defender hit his arm(s).

Heat are going to be disgusting to watch in the post season.

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:15 PM
I think he is a better player than Anthony against size, and I believe he sets better screens.
Doesn't Anthony actually play well against size, at least defensively? I thought that was his whole game? and true he'll set screens.

G-train
11-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Did you not watch the game in Miami? :facepalm

Miami got their ass busted up in both games.

I have watched every Miami game. You are obviously blind.
Boston were up 15 at the half and Heat had the better second half and could have won the game if not for some clutch Boston shots at the end.
Ray Allen had an outstanding shooting night that no NBA team could have stopped.

Jasper
11-22-2010, 07:18 PM
This should have been done in August/September. Now, it's going to make a minimal impact. Had this signing taken place 2-3 months ago, it would have taken pressure off the other Miami big men. With Haslem out at least three months, you have a ton of pressure on Bosh, Z, Magloire, Anthony, and now Dampier. They are still incredibly weak inside. The only difference is the weakness isn't quite as bad with a big body that can grab 6-7 rebounds and block two shots in 20 minutes, as well as picking up fouls.
If they get Dampier ... Z will probably start the game for a while , then go back to his backup role , while Dampier starts
With Haslem out , there goes 15 solid minutes at the center spot.
Heat's coach S. has to tell the centers to protect the hoop at all costs and to play just outside of the circle under the hoop.
None of their big men have showed me anything in regards to covering ground.
Which means they need to camp around the hoop to be better defenders.
** I have stated that heats coach has the job till summer time ,, when Van Gundy takes over .. but I am thinking the guy might not make it till All-Star weekend. :ohwell:

G-train
11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Doesn't Anthony actually play well against size, at least defensively? I thought that was his whole game? and true he'll set screens.
He plays well against height due to his long arms but not weight, he gets bullied. We need size and strength against Shaq, Bynum and other strong inside players.

DeronMillsap
11-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Boston were up 15 at the half and Heat had the better second half and could have won the game if not for some clutch Boston shots at the end.
Ray Allen had an outstanding shooting night that no NBA team could have stopped.
Could have won? With Wade shitty shooting and LeBron bricking and airballing jumpers near the end.

Yeah man, they could have come back won them. :lol

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:20 PM
He plays well against height due to his long arms but not weight, he gets bullied. We need size and strength against Shaq, Bynum and other strong inside players.
Ah I see. I just thought he was a defensive specialist regardless of who he was on. Until I watched him this year, and I was like :eek: Someone got overrated.

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM

i don't know why you are wasting time with dude, it's obvious he doesn't watch miami heat games going by his posts.

B-Easy
11-22-2010, 07:21 PM

for sure .. just look at Joels performances in those games. Dam near all zeros across the board in big minutes

Dampier can misspoint blank layups and fumble passes .. if he only grabs some rebounds like hes shown he can do that makes a difference.

Faberg
11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Heat are desperate. Bosh can't rebound, yet he gets a max contract? :roll:

DeronMillsap
11-22-2010, 07:23 PM
i don't know why you are wasting time with dude, it's obvious he doesn't watch miami heat games going by his posts.
I watch three Heat games. Two against Boston and the 22-point chokejob against Utah....Bwahahaha :roll:

Rowe
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
This.

Miami(under Spoelstra) can't hang with Boston, simply because Boston will dictate the pace of the game on the boards and with Rondo at PG. Boston makes Wade's impact minimal when they go into zone and LeBron takes over as PG. Boston forces a 3 vs 5 matchup. LeBron, Bosh, & a shooter(House/Jones/Miller) vs Boston's lineup. Like ashbelly said, Miami would have to rely on getting to the line to get their points.

The best way for Miami to win right now is to completely scrap their current gameplan, and devote their offense a la Phoenix to scoring in transition and on 3's. They work best when they can outscore their opponent.

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:24 PM
He didn't get max he got 14.5 dammit!

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM
for sure .. just look at Joels performances in those games. Dam near all zeros across the board in big minutes

Dampier can misspoint blank layups and fumble passes .. if he only grabs some rebounds like hes shown he can do that makes a difference.

good thing about the signing will be

1: Bosh doesn't have to play out of position.

2: Dampier Can hang with other teams Bigs

3: More assists for the team because of his height, 2nd chance points

4: The middle will be clogged.

Rowe
11-22-2010, 07:25 PM

Remember they didnt sign Max contracts, they took a $2 Million paycut.:oldlol: :oldlol:

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Personally if I were Miami i'd say **** this shit! and do the following...

Start LeBron at point and James Jones at the three. That should help some with the point guards raping their defense. Jones spreads the floor and makes it easier to drive. Second IF Dampier signs there...he's sixth man first big off the bench.

Then in the offseason offer Tyson the MLE. Make sure he gets that. then get a defensive specialist on the wing. who can hit the three. Maybe even trade Mike Miller for James Posey. Something along that line who can stop the perimeter scoring.

And last have Riley take over. :pimp:

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
This.

Miami(under Spoelstra) can't hang with Boston, simply because Boston will dictate the pace of the game on the boards and with Rondo at PG. Boston makes Wade's impact minimal when they go into zone and LeBron takes over as PG. Boston forces a 3 vs 5 matchup. LeBron, Bosh, & a shooter(House/Jones/Miller) vs Boston's lineup. Like ashbelly said, Miami would have to rely on getting to the line to get their points.

The best way for Miami to win right now is to completely scrap their current gameplan, and devote their offense a la Phoenix to scoring in transition and on 3's. They work best when they can outscore their opponent.

I disagree, with this, Wade just had bad games against them, i don't expect this to last long.. We'll score off Freethrows until guys foul out, they won't be able stop us from getting into the lane forever. If they do, i'll respect them more.

Wade shot 3/12 FG and also 4/16 FG before. I refuse to believe that wade will keep up this poor performances.. Hell ****ing no!!!

Faberg

Chris Bosh, Hall of Fame? http://forums.di.fm/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://forums.di.fm/images/smilies/lmao.gif

Rose
3: More assists for the team because of his height, 2nd chance points

4: The middle will be clogged.
Dampier isn't a scorer.
And that's bad considering James and Wade are drivers.

PowerGlove
11-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Chris Bosh, Hall of Fame? http://forums.di.fm/images/smilies/lmao.gif http://forums.di.fm/images/smilies/lmao.gif
It was almost as hilarious as the Suns defense against him last week.

Faberg
11-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Remember they didnt sign Max contracts, they took a $2 Million paycut.:oldlol: :oldlol:

Oh... :ohwell: I forgot. :oldlol:

Unfortunately, your right. :oldlol:

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Twice he's been to the playoffs won a game.
won a gold medal
sweet 16.
after that...not much! He's in no way shape or form a definite HOFer. Otherwise Pau is already in easily, once you take into account his international career.

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Dampier isn't a scorer.
And that's bad considering James and Wade are drivers.

2nd chance points off Offensive rebounds and when Wade or lebron drive in the can just dump it to dampier for an easy bucket or lob.. Not to say he will be our main focus on offense, we have the fire power to do that. He'll be great on defense for rebounds,blocking a couple of shots and defending the bigs.

The_Yearning
11-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Personally if I were Miami i'd say **** this shit! and do the following...

Start LeBron at point and James Jones at the three. That should help some with the point guards raping their defense. Jones spreads the floor and makes it easier to drive. Second IF Dampier signs there...he's sixth man first big off the bench.

Then in the offseason offer Tyson the MLE. Make sure he gets that. then get a defensive specialist on the wing. who can hit the three. Maybe even trade Mike Miller for James Posey. Something along that line who can stop the perimeter scoring.

And last have Riley take over. :pimp:

And why would a guy like Tyson take the MLE? He's better than that.

Turkododo
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Heat need this man.

DJ Mbenga.

http://butthegameison.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/DJ-Mbenga-Champ.jpg

Rose
11-22-2010, 07:54 PM
And why would a guy like Tyson take the MLE? He's better than that.
He's always injured. A smart team doesn't give him more than that.

ginobli2311
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM

wow...just wow.

is bosh really this over-rated.

headed to the HOF? seriously?

the heat hate and agenda is beyond absurd now. maybe the worst post i've ever seen.

The_Yearning
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Dampier won't make much of a big difference.

MeLO MvP 15
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
The HEAT can sign Dalembert if Tyson doesn't sign for the MLE. Joel Pryzbilla, Nazr Mohammad, Jeff Foster, Greg Oden and Shaq could all be options too.

btw, lol Oden being included with all the old players

2LeTTeRS
11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Tyson Chandler. that's who theyre going to get. Although Cuban will probably overpay him.

Cuban will definitely overpay him. He's looking great in Dallas so far. Expect the Heat to have to settle for Samuel Dalembert.

Rose
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I think Dalembert, is quietly playing his way into an extension with the Kings.

Shaq hates the Heat and vice versa.

Best hope is Oden and I hope he goes to the Thunder. :rockon: Or Bulls:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ashbelly
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Nazr Mohammed can work. If the kings Keep dalembert, i can see them letting Jason thompson go. i'm licking my chops hoping we sign this Kid.. :oldlol:

Rose
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Nazr Mohammed can work. If the kings Keep dalembert, i can see them letting Jason thompson go. i'm licking my chops hoping we sign this Kid.. :oldlol:
Cb Junior. that's just what the heat need!

PowerGlove
11-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Twice he's been to the playoffs won a game.
won a gold medal
sweet 16.
after that...not much! He's in no way shape or form a definite HOFer. Otherwise Pau is already in easily, once you take into account his international career.

That's cute. Headed to, as in headed towards. He's not there yet, but let's not kid ourselves. Another gold medal with a ring or two plus the automatic all star appearances will get him in for sure. There are guys in for much less.

ginobli2311
11-22-2010, 08:21 PM
That's cute. Headed to, as in headed towards. He's not there yet, but let's not kid ourselves. Another gold medal with a ring or two plus the automatic all star appearances will get him in for sure. There are guys in for much less.

LOL. he was a scrub on the olympic team.

you have play the game at a much higher level than bosh to get HOF consideration.

your posts are exactly why this whole ring/resume/accolades thing has gotten so far out of control.

so if gasol wins 3 more titles is he a top 10 player of all time? this is ****ing beyond retarded at this point. seriously.

chazzy
11-22-2010, 08:23 PM
the heat hate and agenda is beyond absurd now. maybe the worst post i've ever seen.
Heat hate? Powerglove is a Raptors fan and thinks highly of Bosh, no agenda

branslowski
11-22-2010, 08:24 PM
LOL. he was a scrub on the olympic team.

you have play the game at a much higher level than bosh to get HOF consideration.

your posts are exactly why this whole ring/resume/accolades thing has gotten so far out of control.

so if gasol wins 3 more titles is he a top 10 player of all time? this is ****ing beyond retarded at this point. seriously.

Tell'em why you mad..:roll:

ginobli2311
11-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Heat hate? Powerglove is a Raptors fan and thinks highly of Bosh, no agenda

ok. but only someone deeply in love with bosh or with an agenda would claim bosh is HOF. its absurd.

Hagbard
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Dampier can only help.

All he needs to do is stand in the middle with his arms in the air and he'll be producing better defense than they've been showing so far. At least it's a bunch more fouls to give, even if he shows up slow.

Probly worth a few wins.

CanadaBBallFan
11-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Dampier can only help.

All he needs to do is stand in the middle with his arms in the air and he'll be producing better defense than they've been showing so far. At least it's a bunch more fouls to give, even if he shows up slow.

Probly worth a few wins.

That's the way I look at it too. I was surprised when they didn't sign him in the first place. The way this team is falling apart, the Heat will be lucky to have all their pieces in place by March.

Rizko
11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
ok. but only someone deeply in love with bosh or with an agenda would claim bosh is HOF. its absurd.
Dude whether you like it or not if he goes on and gets another gold in the olympics and the Heat win like 3 titles and have a couple of historical season Bosh will get into the hall. He might not deserve it, but he will get in with that resume.

ginobli2311
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Dude whether you like it or not if he goes on and gets another gold in the olympics and the Heat win like 3 titles and have a couple of historical season Bosh will get into the hall. He might not deserve it, but he will get in with that resume.

i am not going to dignify "chris bosh is a hall of famer" with a response anymore.

its beyond absurd. his level of play needs to jump up dramatically in order for him to get any consideration.

Rizko
11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
i am not going to dignify "chris bosh is a hall of famer" with a response anymore.

its beyond absurd. his level of play needs to jump up dramatically in order for him to get any consideration.
Maybe how he's playing this season, but if he gets back to "24 and 11 max contract"* Bosh and has that resume then he'll get in.

*I don't mean average 24-11 necessarily, but play at that level, which is obviously higher then the level he's playing now.

Powergloves statement was based upon those 2 assumptions (that Bosh would start to play at an allstar level again and the Heat would win). Not exactly an outrageous assumption.

ginobli2311
11-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Maybe how he's playing this season, but if he gets back to "24 and 11 max contract"* Bosh and has that resume then he'll get in.

*I don't mean average 24-11 necessarily, but play at that level, which is obviously higher then the level he's playing now.

Powergloves statement was based upon those 2 assumptions (that Bosh would start to play at an allstar level again and the Heat would win). Not exactly an outrageous assumption.

ok. but you do realize you could say that about almost any top 25 player in the league though.

carlos boozer and joe johnson.

its just a little absurd to start projecting bosh into the HOF. i could sit here and say "andrew bogut is on his way to the HOF"....all he needs is 3 titles and some international success. its just a bit early to start making claims like that.

bosh has made what? one all-nba team in 7 years? sorry....he's at best a top 20 player in the league. thats just not HOF status.

Rizko
11-22-2010, 09:10 PM
ok. but you do realize you could say that about almost any top 25 player in the league though.

carlos boozer and joe johnson.

its just a little absurd to start projecting bosh into the HOF. i could sit here and say "andrew bogut is on his way to the HOF"....all he needs is 3 titles and some international success. its just a bit early to start making claims like that.
Boozer, Johnson and Bogut currently aren't on teams that poised to win championships and become a potential dynasty. Bosh is.

Obviously it isn't a lock, but he has a pretty clear path, much clearer then most other players at his level.

ginobli2311
11-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Boozer, Johnson and Bogut currently aren't on teams that poised to win championships and become a potential dynasty. Bosh is.

Obviously it isn't a lock, but he has a pretty clear path, much clearer then most other players at his level.

boozer is absolutely on a team with potential to win multiple titles. the difference? boozer will be much more instrumental in potential winnings than bosh currently is. boozer has a gold medal and has made one all-nba team.

bosh is all hype. for some reason he's rated higher than boozer/amare. its just not the case. i don't understand it at all.

Kurosawa0
11-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Dampier gives Miami a lot of what they need. Miami needs a rebounding center and a guy who can clog the paint. Dampier will do that. He's not going to be Dwight Howard, but he's going to be a hell of a lot better than Joel Anthony and Z.

AMISTILLILL
11-22-2010, 10:02 PM
They sign this dude this month and I guarantee he misses time with an injury before All-Star break. Book it.

VIP2000
11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Adios, Jamaal Magloire.

Rose
11-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Bump.
Bosh=HOF still?

LALakerFan4Life
11-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Erick Dampier Expected To Sign With The Heat Tomorrow

http://homepage.mac.com/carpetback/iblog/C270957983/E20060510002825/Media/dampier3mq3dv.jpg

The Heat offered Dampier, 35, a one-year contract at the prorated veteran's minimum and he is expected to sign it Tuesday, CBSSports.com has learned. Miami will have to release a player -- Dexter Pittman or Jamaal Magloire, according to sources -- to create a roster spot for Dampier.

After initially being rebuffed by the Heat, Dampier appeared headed for the Rockets. But the deal fell apart when Houston had difficulty creating a roster spot for him, according to an NBA front office source. The Suns and Trail Blazers also have inquired about Dampier, who would be an ideal fit because he's a natural center and thus would limit the exposure of Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony at the five position -- a spot neither is ideally suited to play.

The Blazers are down two big men after the retirement of Fabricio Oberto and the news that 2007 No. 1 pick Greg Oden will miss the rest of the season due to microfracture surgery. Portland signed Sean Marks after working out Marks, Randolph, Earl Barron, and Dwayne Jones. Barron later signed with the Suns, who are no longer pursuing Dampier; the opportunity for Dampier would be only short-term in Phoenix because starting center Robin Lopez's knee injury is not a long-term situation.

Another name on the market, Mikki Moore, was discussed by Portland officials when Oberto retired, but the team elected not to pursue him. Moore has played for six teams in the past six seasons.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/26000087

Paintballer8791
11-23-2010, 02:38 AM
I think this signing could become a bigger move than it looks like on paper, check this out: with dampier now on board they have a true center so that upgrades one position, joel anthony a defensive specialist, I think could fit into haslems spot while he is out, so basically IMO the heat are upgrading a position, and maybe if at all downgrading a bench position slightly, and with a true center in there for alot of the game, when the weaker centers replace him, the other centers will be a little beat up from being beat around alot more than they would have been before, also just imagine when haslem and miller come back from their injuries, those are 2 solid players, all that can do it help, and seriously do any of yall seriously believe if chalmers/house/arroyo can't get the job done, that the heat can't get a better option off of free agency/trades? here are a couple names out there they could try to acquire:Rafer Alston,Jason Williams, George Hill(unlikely),T.J. Ford,Sebastian Telfair,Kyle Lowry,Luke Ridnour,Jordon Farmar,Randy Foye,Daniel Gibson,Ramon Sessions,J.J. Barea,Will Bynum,Shaun Livingston,A.J. Price, Earl Watson,Eric Maynor,Jeremy Lin, Keyon Dooling,Jeff Teague,Sundaita Gaines,Anthony Johnson,Chris Quinn,Earl Boykins

now I'm not saying that those guys are all better than the current players the heat have(personally I would like to see what Chalmers could do starting), but those names are just people they may target, so all in all, how could this pickup do anything but help the heat? and it could help in a huge way, the domino effect could produce great fortune

by the way I'm not saying Dampier is the heat's saver and it guarantees a title

All Net
11-23-2010, 08:26 AM
I think this signing could become a bigger move than it looks like on paper, check this out: with dampier now on board they have a true center so that upgrades one position, joel anthony a defensive specialist, I think could fit into haslems spot while he is out, so basically IMO the heat are upgrading a position, and maybe if at all downgrading a bench position slightly, and with a true center in there for alot of the game, when the weaker centers replace him, the other centers will be a little beat up from being beat around alot more than they would have been before, also just imagine when haslem and miller come back from their injuries, those are 2 solid players, all that can do it help, and seriously do any of yall seriously believe if chalmers/house/arroyo can't get the job done, that the heat can't get a better option off of free agency/trades? here are a couple names out there they could try to acquire:Rafer Alston,Jason Williams, George Hill(unlikely),T.J. Ford,Sebastian Telfair,Kyle Lowry,Luke Ridnour,Jordon Farmar,Randy Foye,Daniel Gibson,Ramon Sessions,J.J. Barea,Will Bynum,Shaun Livingston,A.J. Price, Earl Watson,Eric Maynor,Jeremy Lin, Keyon Dooling,Jeff Teague,Sundaita Gaines,Anthony Johnson,Chris Quinn,Earl Boykins

now I'm not saying that those guys are all better than the current players the heat have(personally I would like to see what Chalmers could do starting), but those names are just people they may target, so all in all, how could this pickup do anything but help the heat? and it could help in a huge way, the domino effect could produce great fortune

by the way I'm not saying Dampier is the heat's saver and it guarantees a title

Picking up Dampier won't hurt Miami but it won't make them much better.

Fact is Dampier is a 35 year old center who nobody wanted to sign so he he isn't going to be any kind of difference maker.

He will clog the paint a little and rebound abit too. Defensively he will help but offensively he will hurt Miami but defensively is where they struggle inside so he will help there.

That said he won't be able to play more than 15-20 minutes a game but he may have to with Haslem out.

Miami passed on Dampier this summer for a reason and so did Houston.

jbryan1984
11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Well, gives them a big body. Damp is old now and never was great to begin with. Still don't see him able to contain Dwight, Shaq, Perk, Bynum and all them.

ashbelly
11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Well, gives them a big body. Damp is old now and never was great to begin with. Still don't see him able to contain Dwight, Shaq, Perk, Bynum and all them.

They were doing a decent job with an undersized joel anthony, i don't see how this don't help them. especially if they continue playing good perimeter defense..

NoGunzJustSkillz
11-23-2010, 10:59 AM
damn guess i need to get nba league pass now

All Net
11-23-2010, 11:06 AM
They were doing a decent job with an undersized joel anthony, i don't see how this don't help them. especially if they continue playing good perimeter defense..

The same Anthony that isn't even in Miami's rotation?

Damp will help but he will help by default really.

2swift4u
11-23-2010, 12:21 PM
anyway I don't think it can get any worse than it is at the moment.. so I say let's give it a try with Dampier!

VishaltotheG
11-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Damp was starting a year ago right? And he complements Bosh's game in the same way that Noah and Boozer does (except Bosh shoots from outside too much). This is good for the Heat.

bagelred
11-23-2010, 01:32 PM
http://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gif

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard/statuses/7112321256132609

Chris Bullsshitard has the scoop.

gts
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
what time is the pep rally?

DCL
11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
is jerry going to china or turkey now?

Apocalyptic0n3
11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
is jerry going to china or turkey now?

He's going back to Detroit. We need another swingman.

Hagbard
11-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I was never as amazed as when I discovered that Jerry Stackhouse was still in the league. That guy's been over for ages.

indiefan24
11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
I hate that gif

asdf1990
11-23-2010, 01:46 PM
I hate that gif

y cuz it doesn't have ur man crush kobe in it?

indiefan24
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM

someone's mad :oldlol:

bagelred
11-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I hate that gif

http://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gifhttp://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gifhttp://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gif

indiefan24
11-23-2010, 01:51 PM

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/funny-sports-pictures-breaking-news-evil-plans-for-world-domination-are-coming.jpg

RoTM
11-23-2010, 02:33 PM
You people talking him up realize hes probably going to be injured all year right?

Droid101
11-23-2010, 02:41 PM
So, Heat fans are building this signing up, and haters are tearing it down. Whatever.

Think about this: the best offer Damp had before the Heat's was a 10 day contract from the Lakers.

DeronMillsap
11-23-2010, 02:50 PM
They still need a perimeter defender and a 2nd unit orchestrator.

Noah Rose
11-23-2010, 03:03 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/21/v-fullstory/1935642/several-dolphins-are-not-playing.html

Miami Herald: One Heat official last week privately questioned the size of the deal it gave to Joel Anthony (five years, $18.2 million = $3.6 million per year).

"That was a ridiculous contract. He's so limited and undersized for a center. You can get a guy at the minimum without much difference. Erick Dampier would be an upgrade.''

Gundress
11-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Erick Dampie is old as hell, and too slow for Heat.

Lol, I remember Dirk insulted Erick that he ain't shit and Erick got pissed.

airchibundo507
11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
this is common sense. i don't watch many heat games, but i saw one recently where wade ran a nice pick-and-roll, hit joel who was WIDE OPEN three feet from the basket. Joel proceeded to take one slow ass dribble, draw two defenders before he could get a clean shot off, and then airball the shot entirely (standing two feet from the basket). he is an offensive liability, and his defensive contributions do little to make up for it.

airchibundo507
11-23-2010, 03:10 PM
smh at that contract

gts
11-23-2010, 03:13 PM
already the rats are on deck ready to jump overboard as the miami cruise to the championship takes on water..

he should have just said the team will get some much needed size in the paint and left it at that

Meticode
11-23-2010, 03:21 PM
http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/funny-sports-pictures-breaking-news-evil-plans-for-world-domination-are-coming.jpg

rwfletch22
11-23-2010, 03:53 PM
:roll: :applause:

justin43
11-23-2010, 03:58 PM
http://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gifhttp://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gifhttp://www.yachtcontroller.com/images/breaking-news.gif

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

KingMichael23
11-23-2010, 04:00 PM
That's funny. Jerry Stackhouse has been begging the Heat to sign him. And now he got waived. :oldlol:

PianoMan
11-23-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm not surprised. The heat has to many guards anyways.

1987_Lakers
11-23-2010, 04:03 PM
I never understood why they signed Stackhouse in the first place.

wpdougie2180
11-23-2010, 04:03 PM

Who is their back-up shooting guard now? Didn't Stackhouse start when Wade was injured?

KingMichael23
11-23-2010, 04:04 PM
I was thinking they could waive a big cause they got more bigs than guards.

Rose
11-23-2010, 04:05 PM
I never understood why they signed Stackhouse in the first place.
I thought it was to help with the Mike Miller injury?

PianoMan
11-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Who is their back-up shooting guard now? Didn't Stackhouse start when Wade was injured?
House. He plays the Sg spot even tho he comes in for Carlos Arroyo. They would just move either Wade or Lebron to the point. Then we have Miller that can play the 2.

PianoMan
11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
I was thinking they could waive a big cause they got more bigs than guards.
Your right.But im guessing they waived a Gaurd because Haslem was injured.

ronniec
11-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Poor Stackhouse

nycelt84
11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Stackhouse didn't bring much to the table anyway.

ashbelly
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Stackhouse didn't bring much to the table anyway.

The only game he stared against the grizzlies was awful man. He's lost it. House >>>> Stackhouse right now.

Batz
11-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Steakhouse on suicide watch!

LA_Showtime
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Wow; that's sort of a low blow to Stackhouse. Nothing is guaranteed, obviously, but to sign a veteran player with the intention of giving him one last chance at a championship and then cutting him is pretty amusing.

crisoner
11-23-2010, 04:59 PM
LOL

nbacardDOTnet
11-23-2010, 05:03 PM
http://thestandardmodel.co.uk/image/farnsworth.jpg

Good news Everyone. Jerry Stackhouse WAIVED !

jbryan1984
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
lol damn how many centers they have now and will still suck in that department?

B
11-23-2010, 06:48 PM
With this, Pat Rileys quest to have the largest collection of lousy big men is almost complete, now he just needs Darko to headline the unit

boozehound
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=B

G-train
11-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Chalmers is playing more now as well.

G-train
11-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I'd love Darko starting at Miami, for entertainment alone.

knightfall88
11-23-2010, 07:29 PM

I agree. They already have Wade, Lebron and Bosh.

Irish
11-23-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd love Darko starting at Miami, for entertainment alone.

Then somehow get Melo for the MLE next summer. A starting 5 of the Top 5 of the 2003 draft :bowdown: .

KG5MVP
11-24-2010, 03:23 AM
29mpg
13.8ppg
49%fg
9.2rpg
2.8apg
2.0bpg

Yet the Spurs are having the best start in their history, showing that Duncan's' supporting cast had been underrated and that the team's success is a product of the system and not Duncan.

All Net
11-24-2010, 03:24 AM
You seriously using 2K rating as a way to compare players?

Scoooter
11-24-2010, 03:28 AM
He still gets respect from defenses. Him being out there allows everyone else to be better. It's always been that way.

Manu and Tony Parker are both great players though. And the rest are all very solid. One of the best coaches in the game. Everyone healthy.

Spurs are exceedingly formidable.

airchibundo507
11-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Tony Parker's game has really blossomed. He's more assertive this year, as is Ginobili. Duncan is less relied upon offensively, but he still impacts the game defensively. They still give him the ball when it matters.

All Net
11-24-2010, 03:42 AM
Why has the Duncan thread been joined to this one?

Nash-tastic
11-24-2010, 03:43 AM
Why has the Duncan thread been joined to this one?
I've been thinking the same thing :confusedshrug:

airchibundo507
11-24-2010, 03:44 AM
Then somehow get Melo for the MLE next summer. A starting 5 of the Top 5 of the 2003 draft :bowdown: .

mle.. :roll:

Vince15
11-24-2010, 10:25 PM
damn stack was a solid guard, i assume someone eill pick him up, dampier will help for sure

TennesseeFan
11-25-2010, 12:43 AM
An improvement, definitely.

G-train
11-25-2010, 01:23 AM
mle.. :roll:

:facepalm Obvious joke holmes