PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin vs Kevin Durant vs Derrick Rose

Ikill
11-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Who is going to be the best out of these three i feel they will be the best players in the NBA with in 4 years or so.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
WOW this is hard ......... really hard to choose

dunno:confusedshrug: who would you pick Ikill?

chips93
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
1- durant
2- griffin
3- rose

but in 4 yrs time dwight cp3 and lbj will still be great players, most likely the top 3 imo

in 4 yrs time dwight will still only be 28, cp3 & lbj -29

Sarcastic
11-27-2010, 10:01 PM
1 - Durant
2/3 tie - Griffin/Rose

YouCallILose
11-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Griffin will never be a top 5 player in the league. He is Shawn Kemp 2.0 or Amare minus a jumpshot/free throw shooting with better rebounding.

Durant is clearly the best of these 3 and this thread is a joke

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Griffin will never be a top 5 player in the league. He is Shawn Kemp 2.0 or Amare minus a jumpshot/free throw shooting with better rebounding.

:lol :lol :lol

Ikill
11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
WOW this is hard ......... really hard to choose

dunno:confusedshrug: who would you pick Ikill?
Blake Griffin to me has the most potential to be that big and athletic and to handle, and pass the ball like he does with a great work ethic too he's just such a unique player. Durants just a scorer and Rose is just an athletic point guard there is lots of those they might be the the best at that but still there is lots of those. The thing with Griffin tho he's so reckless when he plays he might get injured.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Blake Griffin to me has the most potential to be that big and athletic and to handle, and pass the ball like he does with a great work ethic too he's just such a unique player. Durants just a scorer and Rose is just an athletic point guard there is lots of those they might be the the best at that but still there is lots of those. The thing with Griffin tho he's so reckless when he plays he might get injured.
:wtf:

KD and Rose have incredible work ethic as well

Ikill
11-27-2010, 10:11 PM
1- durant
2- griffin
3- rose

but in 4 yrs time dwight cp3 and lbj will still be great players, most likely the top 3 imo

in 4 yrs time dwight will still only be 28, cp3 & lbj -29
I meant after 4 years so in 2014-2015 and i don't expect LBJ or cp3 to be top players chris Paul is a small guy they don't last too long and Lebron well he is going to have lot minutes and years on him by that time he already looks like he is declining athletically and most of his game is athleticism. Dwight Howard might be a top 3 player but theres a good chance Griffin Rose and Durant are better than him he also depends on his athleticism a lot.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Durant the other 2 are garbage.

you should be ban for even saying that

Ikill
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
:wtf:

KD and Rose have incredible work ethic as well
I know but what about on the court Griffin just hustles so much for a guy that good but its still really close Durant would be the safe pick but Griffin has the most potential to me.

Ikill
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Durant the other 2 are garbage.
Most stars break out in there third year like Derrick Rose is now and Durant last year.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:17 PM
I know but what about on the court Griffin just hustles so much for a guy that good but its still really close Durant would be the safe pick but Griffin has the most potential to me.
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

they all have nasty potentials IMO

Blake in his prime can end up averaging 29/14/2 53FG%
D-Rose in his prime can end up averaging 29/4/9 49fg%
K.D. in his prime can end up averaging 34/9/3 49fg%

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Most stars break out in there third year like Derrick Rose is now and Durant last year.
and the boy on my avatar and the boy on your avatar :rockon: :rockon:

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:19 PM
no

yes

i starting to hate that avatar of yours:mad:

Ikill
11-27-2010, 10:19 PM
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

they all have nasty potentials IMO

Blake in his prime can end up averaging 29/14/2 53FG%
D-Rose in his prime can end up averaging 29/4/9 49fg%
K.D. in his prime can end up averaging 34/9/3 49fg%

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Future is bright KD next Kobe Drose next Wade Blake next Lebron

magnax1
11-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Why isn't John Wall in here? He's having one of the best rookie seasons of the decade.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Future is bright KD next Kobe Drose next Wade Blake next Lebron

:wtf: :wtf:

Kevin Durant next Iceman, Derrick next D-will mixed with Wade, Blake next Shawn Kemp

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:23 PM
:milton
:violin: :violin: :violin:

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeah Beasley will most likely be the second best scorer after Durant and Westbrook will be in debates with Rose and Wall.

:cheers: :cheers:

Ikill
11-27-2010, 10:28 PM
Why isn't John Wall in here? He's having one of the best rookie seasons of the decade.
Yeah he should be in it too i'm just asking about best young star just in general i guess.

themonster
11-27-2010, 10:43 PM
What about Jennings my order would be
Durant
Jennings
Beasley

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:45 PM
What about Jennings my order would be
Durant
Jennings
Beasley

Jennings over Beasley :roll: :roll: :roll: child please

themonster
11-27-2010, 10:49 PM
:facepalm
Jennings over Beasley :roll: :roll: :roll: child please
Beas is sick but Jennings will be a better Allen Iverson

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:51 PM
:facepalm
Beas is sick but Jennings will be a better Allen Iverson
:lol just go to sleep

themonster
11-27-2010, 10:53 PM
:lol just go to sleep
Jennings will be better than Allen Iverson just watch

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Jennings will be better than Allen Iverson just watch

:confusedshrug: maybe but i doubt it.

http://www.posters.ws/images/359155/allen_iverson_with_2001_mvp_trophy_photofile.jpg

themonster
11-27-2010, 11:00 PM
:confusedshrug: maybe but i doubt it.

http://www.posters.ws/images/359155/allen_iverson_with_2001_mvp_trophy_photofile.jpg
Just as good scorer better defender better passer better rebounder better teammate i'm saying just watch out for Jennings.

Ikill
11-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Just as good scorer better defender better passer better rebounder better teammate i'm saying just watch out for Jennings.
do you really think that

themonster
11-27-2010, 11:02 PM
do you really think that
Yep just watch

themonster
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
no :facepalm Allen Iverson is top 5 player of all time.
No he's not he's overrated as **** Jennings will be better.

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 11:04 PM
do you really think that
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/dethspud/album%20number%20two/RickJamesCocaine.jpg

Ikill
11-27-2010, 11:08 PM
:lol
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm69/dethspud/album%20number%20two/RickJamesCocaine.jpg

8BeastlyXOIAD
11-27-2010, 11:09 PM
:lol
:rockon: :lol :lol :lol

Ikill
12-04-2010, 08:13 PM

Amare didn't have a jump shot in his rookie year either not only that Griffin is a way better rebounder he's already one of the best in the NBA i could see him averaging 15 a game. Griffin is a better passer, ball handler, is stronger, and plays so much harder than Amare. You don't think a player averaging 21 and 12 in his rookie year will be a top 5 player.

ShaqAttack3234
12-04-2010, 08:27 PM

I agree that neither will be as good as Durant, though I haven't seen much of Rose this year.

Blake's scoring and rebounding numbers are nice, but he'll have to learn to block more than half a shot per game and make an impact defensively before I'll consider him elite because I don't see him being a good enough scorer to be top 5 on just that and rebounding.

Dwight Howard might be a top 3 player but theres a good chance Griffin Rose and Durant are better than him he also depends on his athleticism a lot.

Where will Dwight's athleticism have gone in 3-4 years? The guy is extremely durable and he's in great shape. He'll still have a huge athletic advantage over just about any big man barring a major injury.

Plus, Dwight seems to have improved his skills a lot this season, give him a few more years and he could be even better. He's still only 25, most players peak around 27-28, sometimes a bit later.

Svendiggity
12-04-2010, 08:29 PM
It's the body control that makes Blake Griffin so amazing. People shouldn't compare him to anyone, because nobody at that size and athleticism has ever been able to control their body so well. Blake can do spinning reverse dunks and he's 250 pounds. Shawn Kemp can't touch this guys athletcism. He had the hops and the power but not the agility.

Al Thornton
12-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I agree that neither will be as good as Durant, though I haven't seen much of Rose this year.

Blake's scoring and rebounding numbers are nice, but he'll have to learn to block more than half a shot per game and make an impact defensively before I'll consider him elite because I don't see him being a good enough scorer to be top 5 on just that and rebounding.

its his first 20 games. durants in his 4th season and his defense is still pretty terrible at times, and yet he's already putting up as good or better numbers.

Svendiggity
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Blake Griffin is extremely hard to score on. His defense is not something I would criticize just because he's not getting blocks.

SCdac
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Blake Griffin is extremely hard to score on. His defense is not something I would criticize just because he's not getting blocks.

His defense is better than statistics suggest, I agree. He's leading that team in defensive win shares right now. But that team is also allowing 104+ points a game, which is obviously not good... But people need not forget that blocks aren't everything, even PF's like Barkley and Malone were not really big-time shot blockers. Karl Malone in his MVP seasons averaged 0.6 BPG, and Barkley averaged just 1.0 BPG in his. Griffin needs to improve on playing the passing lanes though, disrupt more passes into the post. From what I've seen from him (assuming he continues to improve, gains experience), he could be more valuable than both Durant and Rose, IMO. And I'm a big Durant fan.

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:14 PM
i think Griffin will be a monster! Durant a scoring machine and rose a top 3 PG.

Durant needs to become more rounded to become the best player. Griffin has a LOT of work to do to become the best. but at this stage he is a beast and there is no reason to think he wont improve year by year. Rose has it toughest because he is at PG where CP3 and D-will will always be elite. he has the most work to do, as he has to pass those two to begin with. He needs a jump shot and get better at defending.

However with Boozer in the team now, we could well see his assist numbers spike. But he does need to continue to improve his Jump Shot.

IMO its hard to say how good Griffin will be after just 20 games. Thats why at this stage i have him at three. And rose has a lot further to go than Durant, who is already a top 7 player. so i have to go with

Durant
Rose
Griffin

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Where will Dwight's athleticism have gone in 3-4 years? The guy is extremely durable and he's in great shape. He'll still have a huge athletic advantage over just about any big man barring a major injury.

Plus, Dwight seems to have improved his skills a lot this season, give him a few more years and he could be even better. He's still only 25, most players peak around 27-28, sometimes a bit later.
He will be a top 10 player at 29 or 30 but he won't be a top 3 he'll probably be
less athletic but he'll still be good but not amazing like now.

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
i think Griffin will be a monster! Durant a scoring machine and rose a top 3 PG.

Durant needs to become more rounded to become the best player. Griffin has a LOT of work to do to become the best. but at this stage he is a beast and there is no reason to think he wont improve year by year. Rose has it toughest because he is at PG where CP3 and D-will will always be elite. he has the most work to do, as he has to pass those two to begin with. He needs a jump shot and get better at defending.

However with Boozer in the team now, we could well see his assist numbers spike. But he does need to continue to improve his Jump Shot.

IMO its hard to say how good Griffin will be after just 20 games. Thats why at this stage i have him at three. And rose has a lot further to go than Durant, who is already a top 7 player. so i have to go with

Durant
Rose
Griffin
This would be the safest list because Durants already proven but if its based on potential
Griffin
Rose
Durant

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:18 PM
do you really think that

no flipping way mate. A.I one of the best scorers of the decade. How on earth can you say jennings will be on that level? what so far leads to believe that?

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:20 PM
This would be the safest list because Durants already proven but if its based on potential
Griffin
Rose
Durant

Durant can still improve in so many ways. his defense his rebounding his passing his turnovers.

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:25 PM
no flipping way mate. A.I one of the best scorers of the decade. How on earth can you say jennings will be on that level? what so far leads to believe that?
What? I didn't say he was going to be

ShaqAttack3234
12-04-2010, 09:26 PM
His defense is better than statistics suggest, I agree. He's leading that team in defensive win shares right now. But that team is also allowing 104+ points a game, which is obviously not good... But people need not forget that blocks aren't everything, even PF's like Barkley and Malone were not really big-time shot blockers. Karl Malone in his MVP seasons averaged 0.6 BPG, and Barkley averaged just 1.0 BPG in his. Griffin needs to improve on playing the passing lanes though, disrupt more passes into the post. From what I've seen from him (assuming he continues to improve, gains experience), he could be more valuable than both Durant and Rose, IMO. And I'm a big Durant fan.

Honestly, I don't put any stock into stats like defensive win shares.

And, I don't see Griffin being the offensive player Malone or Barkley were.

SCdac
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM

In a way, the same could be said for Blake Griffin, but the other way around. When the Clippers played the Spurs the other day, the team looked so much better with "B-Diddy" running the point as oppose to the inexperienced Bledsoe. Alongside Davis, Griffin got better looks, and his scoring will likely jump a bit the more they play together. Much like Howard, Griffin is good for a couple of alley-oops a night - it's just, it helps to have play makers and point guards who can find that. It doesn't have to be Stockton, but somebody who knows a thing or two about assisting players in the NBA.

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Durant can still improve in so many ways. his defense his rebounding his passing his turnovers.
Those improvements are going to do very little compared to the improvements Rose and Griffin can make. Griffin and Rose could also lead the NBA in scoring but on better fg% too and they would be much better all around players Griffin could be getting 15 rebounds with 5 assists in his prime Rose could average 10 assists 6 rebounds.

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:30 PM
What? I didn't say he was going to be

sorry mate looks like i misquoted.
i was talking to the jennings fan in this thread

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:30 PM

Why can't he be

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
sorry mate looks like i misquoted.
i was talking to the jennings fan in this thread
Okay its all good

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Those improvements are going to do very little compared to the improvements Rose and Griffin can make. Griffin and Rose could also lead the NBA in scoring but on better fg% too and they would be much better all around players Griffin could be getting 15 rebounds with 5 assists in his prime Rose could average 10 assists 6 rebounds.

that is true.problem for rose is there are a lot of great pg's in the league already. he needs to distance himself from guys like cp3 and d-will before he can be in conversation for best player in the nba, which at this stage looks very very difficult to do. rose does have the potential though. he is ATM my fave player to watch in the nba

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:34 PM
In a way, the same could be said for Blake Griffin, but the other way around. When the Clippers played the Spurs the other day, the team looked so much better with "B-Diddy" running the point as oppose to the inexperienced Bledsoe. Alongside Davis, Griffin got better looks, and his scoring will likely jump a bit the more they play together. Much like Howard, Griffin is good for a couple of alley-oops a night - it's just, it helps to have play makers and point guards who can find that. It doesn't have to be Stockton, but somebody who knows a thing or two about assisting players in the NBA.

very true

creamanshrimp
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
1. derrick rose
2. kevin durant
3. blake griffen

i dont see a ceiling for rose

Ikill
12-04-2010, 09:40 PM
that is true.problem for rose is there are a lot of great pg's in the league already. he needs to distance himself from guys like cp3 and d-will before he can be in conversation for best player in the nba, which at this stage looks very very difficult to do. rose does have the potential though. he is ATM my fave player to watch in the nba
True I don't know if he could become a better pg than CP3 or Dwill but i think he could be a better player.

sosolid4u09
12-04-2010, 09:47 PM
True I don't know if he could become a better pg than CP3 or Dwill but i think he could be a better player.

yea i could see that happening.

problem is that in the future if rose does keep improving, if someone says ''rose is the best player in the nba'', inevitably people will claim ''whatever hes not even the best PG. cp3/d-will is better. so hell always have that monkey on his back. unless he can surpass them as PG's!

i think he is a better scorer than them. and could possibly become better all round aswel. it just seems like such a mountain to climb coz cp3/d-will are near enough perfect point guards. But it does seem rose has no ceiling to his talents. who knows with how good the bulls could become he is deffo a potential future mvp candidate

SCdac
12-04-2010, 09:57 PM

It's too early to say he will or won't be better than them if you ask me. He hasn't even played every team yet, let alone had the opportunity to play with a John Stockton or a Kevin Johnson kind of player.

Per-36 minutes, as rookies, Malone and Barkley were at about 17-18 PPG, and they improved as their careers progressed. Griffin is about on pace with that (better). Both of them had better jump shots than Griffin, but I wouldn't say they were far and away better.

What leads me to believe Griffin is a great offensive player (not just good) is his activity, body control, and ball handling ability. He can score in more ways than one, and as his jumper improves it's only going to open things up for him. Right now he's assisted on about 56% of his shots, which isn't far from current Gasol and Stoudemire (not that those players are as good as the ones mentioned, but it's still impressive on Blake's part).

Obviously he's not as good as prime Barkley or Malone... but it's more appropriate to compare Griff to them as rookies, not as players with 5-6 seasons under their belt. As a rookie, his overall game is very solid, he should/could win ROY right now IMO. Definitely showing flashes of offensive dominance, on a team that's a bottom dweller independent of him.

I don't mind defensive win shares, as long as it's not used as an end-all be-all. Certain players, per 100 possessions, are going to produce better defensively than others, and given the minutes Blake is getting, the rebounds he's gobbling up, and the blocks/steals, it doesn't surprise me he's leading the team in DWS

Sarcastic
12-04-2010, 10:13 PM

Griffin has the ability to be just as good as those guys. Whether he ends up there is a different story.

creamanshrimp
12-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Griffin has the ability to be just as good as those guys. Whether he ends up there is a different story.
ability and potential are a different thing dummy

ShaqAttack3234
12-04-2010, 10:33 PM
It's too early to say he will or won't be better than them if you ask me. He hasn't even played every team yet, let alone had the opportunity to play with a John Stockton or a Kevin Johnson kind of player.

Per-36 minutes, as rookies, Malone and Barkley were at about 17-18 PPG, and they improved as their careers progressed. Griffin is about on pace with that (better). Both of them had better jump shots than Griffin, but I wouldn't say they were far and away better.

What leads me to believe Griffin is a great offensive player (not just good) is his activity, body control, and ball handling ability. He can score in more ways than one, and as his jumper improves it's only going to open things up for him. Right now he's assisted on about 56% of his shots, which isn't far from current Gasol and Stoudemire (not that those players are as good as the ones mentioned, but it's still impressive on Blake's part).

Obviously he's not as good as prime Barkley or Malone... but it's more appropriate to compare Griff to them as rookies, not as players with 5-6 seasons under their belt. As a rookie, his overall game is very solid, he should/could win ROY right now IMO. Definitely showing flashes of offensive dominance, on a team that's a bottom dweller independent of him.

I don't mind defensive win shares, as long as it's not used as an end-all be-all. Certain players, per 100 possessions, are going to produce better defensively than others, and given the minutes Blake is getting, the rebounds he's gobbling up, and the blocks/steals, it doesn't surprise me he's leading the team in DWS

Yes, I admit it's early, and I didn't watch Malone and Barkley as rookies so it's tough to compare, but I don't see Griffin as a guy who will turn into a true legend like those guys, a guy who will damn near lead his team to a title.

I view Griffin as being more of a Kemp/Amare/pre-injury McDyess level player. Somewhere in that group, which is very good still.

Harrison_Barnes
12-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Rose
Durant
Griffin

Durant is basically already at this best.. I can't see him improving. Griffin with a good perimeter player will be deadly.. maybe moving up the list. And Rose is just in the best situation to continue putting up crazy numbers.

Millennium X
12-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Rose
Griffin
Durant

durant isnt even the best on his team and is really inefficient. not the type of guy I want leading my team (shooting 20+ times a game on low fg%)

griffin and rose are beasts

alenleomessi
12-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Tough one
Blake
Durant
Rose

This is my opinion, doesnt mean it will be this way

Allstar24
12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Kevin Durant stands out...haven't seen enough of Rose or Blake Griffin to judge them. But all of them will be elite players.

Warriors fan
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Rose
Griffin
Durant

Droid101
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Durant will never be a top 5 player in the league. He is George Gervin 2.0 or Tracy McGrady minus the passing with better three point shooting.

Griffin is clearly the best of these 3 and this thread is a joke.

Theoo
02-01-2011, 01:27 PM
are we talkieng about a game of 21??? niice questen :/ i think alot of scoring in durant to get the pts but blake'thequake'griffin is avery good to the rebonds and you ened a rebound to get thte 21 but durant a very nice FT shoter. i think durant win it with his scoring and becuse of his FT shoting

Ikill
02-01-2011, 01:28 PM
are we talkieng about a game of 21??? niice questen :/ i think alot of scoring in durant to get the pts but blake'thequake'griffin is avery good to the rebonds and you ened a rebound to get thte 21 but durant a very nice FT shoter. i think durant win it with his scoring and becuse of his FT shoting
I'm asking who will be the best player out of the three

sosolid4u09
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
1. Rose
2. Durant
3. Griffin

Darius
02-01-2011, 01:35 PM
This is a really difficult question and probably too early to tell.

All have immense physical potential matched with great attitude/work ethic and bball IQ.

The future is bright for the NBA.

If someone put a gun to my head I'd say:

1) Durant (simply because he has proven it)
2) Blake (because of his size)
3) Rose

But I'm not that confident in my ranking...

Theoo
02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm asking who will be the best player out of the three
1.rose
2.griffin
3.durant

dunksby
02-01-2011, 01:44 PM
1- Durant: He can keep up scoring like a monster since he does not rely on athleticism to do the majority of his scoring. He has shown he can rebound efficiently too. He has to be more clutch of course he wants to one day win a title or two.
2- Rose will be more influential to his team more than ever in the coming years. He needs to reduce his TOs while keeping up the scoring at a high level.
3- B.Griffin: The reason he is third is that I reserve a higher chance of him being sidelined for a long time than Rose due to injury.

TheCalmInsanity
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM

LMAO! Okay, Mr. PER (I mean, Mrs. Durant...). Getting ready to pop out some Durantettes?

This post shows that you not only watched basketball before, but you don't watch basketball now. And no- watching, stalking, and drooling over Durant DOESN'T mean you watch basketball.

Shawn Kemp 2.0? Do you know how good of a player Shawn Kemp was set to be? They were calling him the future best player ever. He was exciting, exhilarating, and everything that is right in the game of basketball. Get your facts straight before you compare people. You don't think Shawn Kemp was that overweight dude you saw at the tail end of his career since the beginning, right?

And you're a dumbass for saying Amare without a jumpshot.. Do you not remember Amare not having a jumpshot his rookie year? Do you not remember Malone not having a jump shot his rookie year?

Second, Blake Griffin not only rebounds better than Amare, he HUSTLES more than Amare. I don't think you'll find many better players in the league that are diving for loose balls, taking charges, and changing the game. Clearly you haven't watched the Clippers play.

Not only that, but Blake Griffin has 10x the basketball IQ that Amare has. He's a very good passer and is very good at not only passing out of the double team, but even making plays from the top of the key.

You should open your eyes and realize that there ARE other players other than Durant. Don't be like the Kobe fanboys that went hate mode on Lebron the second they heard rumors of him getting MVP instead of Kobe.

You want people to respect Durant but you can't even respect young talent :facepalm Saying a 20 year old rookie doesn't have a jumpshot.. While he's doing EVERYTHING else, including footwork, post moves, dunks (he gets any shot he wants), even 6-10 from 3 this year.. Makes your argument look retarded. I dare you to answer this, I'll talk to you for days about this topic. Bust out your PER or whatever the hell you need.. You're going to need a hell of a lot of help to get out of the hole you're putting yourself in with statements like these.

Pointguard
02-01-2011, 02:46 PM

As rookies, Griffin's touch is definitely better. And Griffin's shot is better from more spots on the floor. Malone was better from the elbow (edge of foul line). While those guys did refine their shots some I can't say they added to their repertoire much at all. I think Griffin has a work ethic that will add more things and refine his shot as well. But this is guess work.

What leads me to believe Griffin is a great offensive player (not just good) is his activity, body control, and ball handling ability. He can score in more ways than one, and as his jumper improves it's only going to open things up for him. Right now he's assisted on about 56% of his shots, which isn't far from current Gasol and Stoudemire (not that those players are as good as the ones mentioned, but it's still impressive on Blake's part). Yeah, this is why I think he has greatness marked on him. His dribble, passing ability, athletism, touch, instincts, body control, power, and speed all mix at a level we only seen in Barkley. That is amazing because Barkley had that nitch sewed up. I also know that Blake's work ethic is vastly superior to Barkley's.

Yes, good points as always.

Ikill
02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
LMAO! Okay, Mr. PER (I mean, Mrs. Durant...). Getting ready to pop out some Durantettes?

This post shows that you not only watched basketball before, but you don't watch basketball now. And no- watching, stalking, and drooling over Durant DOESN'T mean you watch basketball.

Shawn Kemp 2.0? Do you know how good of a player Shawn Kemp was set to be? They were calling him the future best player ever. He was exciting, exhilarating, and everything that is right in the game of basketball. Get your facts straight before you compare people. You don't think Shawn Kemp was that overweight dude you saw at the tail end of his career since the beginning, right?

And you're a dumbass for saying Amare without a jumpshot.. Do you not remember Amare not having a jumpshot his rookie year? Do you not remember Malone not having a jump shot his rookie year?

Second, Blake Griffin not only rebounds better than Amare, he HUSTLES more than Amare. I don't think you'll find many better players in the league that are diving for loose balls, taking charges, and changing the game. Clearly you haven't watched the Clippers play.

Not only that, but Blake Griffin has 10x the basketball IQ that Amare has. He's a very good passer and is very good at not only passing out of the double team, but even making plays from the top of the key.

You should open your eyes and realize that there ARE other players other than Durant. Don't be like the Kobe fanboys that went hate mode on Lebron the second they heard rumors of him getting MVP instead of Kobe.

You want people to respect Durant but you can't even respect young talent :facepalm Saying a 20 year old rookie doesn't have a jumpshot.. While he's doing EVERYTHING else, including footwork, post moves, dunks (he gets any shot he wants), even 6-10 from 3 this year.. Makes your argument look retarded. I dare you to answer this, I'll talk to you for days about this topic. Bust out your PER or whatever the hell you need.. You're going to need a hell of a lot of help to get out of the hole you're putting yourself in with statements like these.
He's so threatened by the other young players in the league

BEAST Griffin
02-01-2011, 02:52 PM

Blake has been hitting jumpers and developed a nice bankshot. His free throw shooting has already improved.

YouCallILose looks like an idiot.

Dave3
02-01-2011, 03:00 PM

Just a couple of things to add to this. He calls Griffin a terrible shooter correct? Griffin is currently shooting 32% from 16-23 feet on about 3 attempts/game. Now, that isn't very good by any measures, but it's hardly terrible. Someone like Wade who is a SHOOTING guard shoots 36% from there. Other perimeter players shooting worse from there include Carter, Kenyon Dooling, Pietrus, Gallinari, Jason Kidd, Billups, and Jennings. Griffin is shooting the long range jumper at a better clip than all of those guys, and he "can't shoot."

Not to mention, his free throw shooting is much improved, as he's shooting 70% (up 12% from earlier in the year) in January. He's shown improvement in every aspect of the game, and this clown refuses to give him his due.

Edit: And oh, here's the website to backup the facts: http://hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx

juju151111
02-01-2011, 03:04 PM

:facepalm don't you feel stupid?

YouCallILose
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
:facepalm don't you feel stupid?

why would i feel stupid? griffin has no game outside of dunks and he gets shut down when he goes against length

Dave3
02-01-2011, 03:06 PM
why would i feel stupid? griffin has no game outside of dunks and he gets shut down when he goes against length
That's why he shoots better from range than Carter, Kenyon Dooling, Pietrus, Gallinari, Jason Kidd, Billups, and Jennings right? He shoots a better percentage on MORE attempts than all of those guys from 16-23 feet. Do they all have no shot too?

YouCallILose
02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
That's why he shoots better from range than Carter, Kenyon Dooling, Pietrus, Gallinari, Jason Kidd, Billups, and Jennings right? He shoots a better percentage on MORE attempts than all of those guys from 16-23 feet. Do they all have no shot too?

Griffin is shooting 31.4% 10-15 feet and 32.0% 16-23 feet

those are garbage numbers

and it's not like he's getting better, in january he's shooting 29 and 29.5%

Dave3
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Griffin is shooting 31.4% 10-15 feet and 32.0% 16-23 feet

those are garbage numbers
For a rookie power forward or for an NBA superstar? Like I said, 32% from 16-23 feet is better than all of those guys I listed. Are they all also garbage from outside?

Not to mention he already has a decent post game in his first year in the league. Again I ask, why is it that you think he won't be improving?

YouCallILose
02-01-2011, 03:12 PM
For a rookie power forward or for an NBA superstar? Like I said, 32% from 16-23 feet is better than all of those guys I listed. Are they all also garbage from outside?

Not to mention he already has a decent post game in his first year in the league. Again I ask, why is it that you think he won't be improving?

kid hasn't improved in one facet since his sophomore year of college. not 1, he's still the exact same player just stronger from working out in the 2 years.

Dave3
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
kid hasn't improved in one facet since his sophomore year of college. not 1, he's still the exact same player just stronger from working out in the 2 years.
He hasn't improved, yet he's averaging more points and about the same rebounds in the NBA than freaking college? Not to mention more assists as well? How do you put up the same numbers (at this type of volume) in the NBA while staying the same player? And he's clearly improved his conditioning, strength, speed, and vertical, all in the year he was out the entire time with a knee surgery. He improved the hardest thing to improve (athleticism) the same year he had a season ending surgery on his knee, and you think he can't improve little things that ALL NBA players improve at like shooting, footwork, and defense? How does that make any sense?

BEAST Griffin
02-01-2011, 03:18 PM

Andrew Bogut is long and a good defender, and he guarded Blake, and Blake toyed with him.

And you say all he has is dunks? You clearly don't watch Clippers games.

Why do you feel so threatened by Blake? Get off Durant's nuts already.

Fiasco
02-01-2011, 03:21 PM
If Griffin shot as many freethrows as Durant I'm sure he would be leading the league in scoring as well.

dunksby
02-01-2011, 03:25 PM
If Griffin shot as many freethrows as Durant I'm sure he would be leading the league in scoring as well.
Durant is averaging 9.2 FTA while Blake is averaging 8.6. Go troll somewhere else.

TheCalmInsanity
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM

Griffin has no game outside of dunks? The guy has incredible ballhandling and post moves. He embarasses people with some of his spin moves and can go around even guards with his quickness. The game where he dropped 47 points on 19-24 shooting, he had ONE dunk.

How many games have you watched?

And I'm sorry you couldn't reply to my post.. I know it hurts when you get destroyed on forums (although I'm sorry to say it but to you, it happens all the time).

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Durant is averaging 9.2 FTA while Blake is averaging 8.6. Go troll somewhere else.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

8BeastlyXOIAD
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
My predictions in their Primes

1. Kevin Durant
2. Blake Griffin
3. Derrick Rose

Pointguard
02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
If you are talkinga bout right now Derrick Rose is the most tested and the most proven and carried his teams through a whole lot. The guy has been a part of the greatest playoff series ever and went admirably mano a mano at Lebron in another series. He's is proven on the levels of leadership, important minutes, team control, adjusting his game, is the most skilled, the most playoff tested, can control the pace of the game and the possesses the best all around game. Has his team overachieving and is the steady hand in a winning team that has been going thru a lot.

So that leaves us in the projection camp.

Durant is a big time scorer... scorer.... dominant scorer, dang near unstoppable scorer. And will be for a good more seven years plus. Should go down as one of the greatest offensive weapons ever. He rebounds a little above average for a small forward too. While pretty much one dimensional now, there is no reason why he shouldn't be a very good defender with his crazy long arms. To be great he will need to add to his long arms and accurate aim as most of the younger generation doesn't recall George Gervin. Has a better all around younger player on his team which really skews looking at him.

Blake is much better passer, rebounder and defender than Durant is and I don't see that changing. He will be a better low post scorer than Durant in the future. His numbers will be superior to Duncan's rookie year and he is a much better passer than Duncan was at that time. While Duncan's numbers didn't improve much Blake's should improve more dramatically by all means. I'm not saying he is better, but he's more impressive in this stage of development. Blake has a lot to learn but by the end of the year he will prove to be in elite level without having wisdom about the game. Passes out of the double like a vet. Is as strong as the strongest in the strongman position. Can literally leap out of bad situations.

Like Dwight at Center and Blake at Powerforward, D Rose is the amazing talent/athlete at his position. While we do guesswork on how players improve D Rose has a track record of improving on his weaknesses (3pt shooting, fouls, leadership and defense). So his projection should be very high. I believe he will be the best defender of the bunch as well.

1)Rose because he is a star already and is the surest thing.
2)Blake because he will impact the game from the post and in so many ways. I think he will be ranked very high all time.
3)Durant but still will be a superstar.

Pointguard
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM
If I did this by Peak.
Blake
Durant
Rose

Ikill
02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
If I did this by Peak.
Blake
Durant
Rose
So you think Griffin will have the best stats but Rose will have the best career

clipps
02-01-2011, 04:40 PM
1: Durant
2: Griffin
3: Rose

Either way, Durant and Rose will get tired of not winning it all and will join Griffin and the Clippers and turn into the Clipples and will become the most hated team in the league.

tbrulz
02-01-2011, 04:44 PM
1. Durant
2. Rose
3. Griffin

Need to see how Griffin holds up after a couple seasons. He could be another Amare/Antonio Mcdyess (surgery requiring adjustments of game). Right now Blake is my favorite player to watch in the NBA because he seems to give it his all on every play. He reminds me of Ndamukong Suh from the Detroit Lions, just ferocious LOL.

Pointguard
02-01-2011, 04:48 PM
So you think Griffin will have the best stats but Rose will have the best career

In their peak I think Griffin will be the best all around player. Point Guards don't peak high - never have as the better ones are intertwined into balancing their team needs. Durant will have a steady dose of great scoring years.

I can elaborate on it later but work isn't going to let me finish now.

Darius
02-01-2011, 04:59 PM
He hasn't improved, yet he's averaging more points and about the same rebounds in the NBA than freaking college? Not to mention more assists as well? How do you put up the same numbers (at this type of volume) in the NBA while staying the same player? And he's clearly improved his conditioning, strength, speed, and vertical, all in the year he was out the entire time with a knee surgery. He improved the hardest thing to improve (athleticism) the same year he had a season ending surgery on his knee, and you think he can't improve little things that ALL NBA players improve at like shooting, footwork, and defense? How does that make any sense?

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to feed the trolls? :cheers: :cheers:

Dave3
02-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Didn't anyone ever tell you not to feed the trolls? :cheers: :cheers:
I wouldn't usually, but others responding to him weren't making the best of points, so I felt like intervening. You're right though.

alenleomessi
02-01-2011, 05:33 PM
1: Durant
2: Griffin
3: Rose

Either way, Durant and Rose will get tired of not winning it all and will join Griffin and the Clippers and turn into the Clipples and will become the most hated team in the league.
Are you sure you are a Clippers fan?

jasonresno
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Rose
Griffin
Durant

Come at me, Joyner!

hkfosho
02-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Rose
Griffin/Durant

I think Griffin is being overhyped because of his highlight dunks and inflated stats from playing with a scrub team. Not hating on the kid though, he's real fun to watch and has a lot of potential considering he's a "rookie" cause he sat out all of last season.

Durant is a one trick pony who chucks shots all day long and needs the refs help when he struggles. No way he'll be a superstar with that kind of play.

shortlunatic
02-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Wow. Half this thread is filled with retards. It would take way to long to quote all the teribble posts and argue against them. Anyways. I think it's way to early to pull the gun on Griffin, unlike with Rose and Durant who have had a couple years of nba time that we can judge from. But to be honest, if I HAD TO choose in order, it would go...

Griffin
Rose
Durant

Watching Griffin is truly incredible. I find it hard for anyone who watches Clips games on a regular basis to not be amazed by what they see. Someone said earlier he's overhyped because of his highlight dunks, well thats completely false and can only come from someone who does nothing more than watch their favorite team and summaries of other games. Watch a few Clips game and Griffin's potential and talent will be extremely evident. It is truly amazing to see a player come and adapt to the NBA game as well as Griffin has. But like I said earlier, it is rather early to make a decison. There's a lot to learn about Griffin, such as how he handles himself later in the season, his overall work ethic throughout the season, how he spends his time in the offseason. By decision is based of my assumption that he will make the sacrafice to better and prove himself in these upcoming crucial seasons. If he does that, I can easily see him as the best player of his generation in the NBA.

For Rose, I am Bulls fan, so I watch the Bulls almost every game. However, I am far from the unbiased type. Anyone who watches Bulls games with regularity can see the massive improvement Rose has made from this season to last. It wasn't that long ago that Rose was rather shy, and seemed to steer away from a superstar role that every fan wanted him to play. Well this season he has finally done it. I won't overexaggerate and say he's MVP (i thinnk he definitely has a case, but isn't quite there yet), but they guy is definitely valuable. His three point shot has been his most exciting improvement so far. How he can jump from being so poor to so spot on in is stunning. Not even a year ago the guy was nervouse to take wide open jumpers, and now, he takes defenders one and one, spots from three and sinks it. Aside from that, he relentlessy attacks the rim. Wether he goes in and gets the and one or goes in and gets denied. He refuses to stop, and that's an extremely likable characteristic, as nothing is worse for a team than it's star player to be scared of going inside and always deferring to teammates when things get tough. If he keeps going the way he's going theres no doubt in my mind that his conversion on these tough drive ins are going to go up, and that's when he will truly shine. And I don'e in any way hesitate to say he will be better than D-Will and CP3 in a couple years time.

As for Durant, he's another amazing player. I wish I could watch him more, but its unfortunate that I just don't ever seem to be free when the Thunder's playing. Ot of all three, he's the one I have watched the least, at least lately. Still a future top player in my eyes, yet I can't help but see Griffin and Rose surpassing him

All this is just pure opinion. All three players are amazing and have an overflowing amount of potential, so I can easily see one person argue their case against another. I think this list can be put in any particular order and no one would be wrong. The only thing that could be wrong is the ridiculous reasoning I've seen in this thread lol.

LakerDefense8
02-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Durant is last. I don't see that much potential in him. I really think he is done growing as a player. I can't see him getting better in any other areas.

Eat Like A Bosh
02-01-2011, 10:52 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Yes I agree that Durant will be the best among them.
D-Rose will probably be at Westbrook level.
And about Griffin, he's better than Amare, he actually plays D!

KingKobe
02-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Griffin
Durant
Rose

Championships mean everything. and no team is gonna win it all with a pg as their best player :oldlol:

Darius
02-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Rose
Griffin/Durant

I think Griffin is being overhyped because of his highlight dunks and inflated stats from playing with a scrub team. Not hating on the kid though, he's real fun to watch and has a lot of potential considering he's a "rookie" cause he sat out all of last season.

Durant is a one trick pony who chucks shots all day long and needs the refs help when he struggles. No way he'll be a superstar with that kind of play.

If anything its the opposite. Because he has incredible dunks and because he plays on a "scrub team" people overlook his top notch bball IQ, passing, leadership and pretty nice post game.

jasonresno
02-01-2011, 11:56 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
Yes I agree that Durant will be the best among them.
D-Rose will probably be at Westbrook level.
And about Griffin, he's better than Amare, he actually plays D!
Rose will be at Westbrook level? He's already better than Russ. We need a SMH smiley..

Glide2keva
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Griffin
Durant
Rose

Championships mean everything. and no team is gonna win it all with a pg as their best player :oldlol:
Ever hear of Magic Johnson?

TheCalmInsanity
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Wow. Half this thread is filled with retards. It would take way to long to quote all the teribble posts and argue against them. Anyways. I think it's way to early to pull the gun on Griffin, unlike with Rose and Durant who have had a couple years of nba time that we can judge from. But to be honest, if I HAD TO choose in order, it would go...

Griffin
Rose
Durant

Watching Griffin is truly incredible. I find it hard for anyone who watches Clips games on a regular basis to not be amazed by what they see. Someone said earlier he's overhyped because of his highlight dunks, well thats completely false and can only come from someone who does nothing more than watch their favorite team and summaries of other games. Watch a few Clips game and Griffin's potential and talent will be extremely evident. It is truly amazing to see a player come and adapt to the NBA game as well as Griffin has. But like I said earlier, it is rather early to make a decison. There's a lot to learn about Griffin, such as how he handles himself later in the season, his overall work ethic throughout the season, how he spends his time in the offseason. By decision is based of my assumption that he will make the sacrafice to better and prove himself in these upcoming crucial seasons. If he does that, I can easily see him as the best player of his generation in the NBA.

For Rose, I am Bulls fan, so I watch the Bulls almost every game. However, I am far from the unbiased type. Anyone who watches Bulls games with regularity can see the massive improvement Rose has made from this season to last. It wasn't that long ago that Rose was rather shy, and seemed to steer away from a superstar role that every fan wanted him to play. Well this season he has finally done it. I won't overexaggerate and say he's MVP (i thinnk he definitely has a case, but isn't quite there yet), but they guy is definitely valuable. His three point shot has been his most exciting improvement so far. How he can jump from being so poor to so spot on in is stunning. Not even a year ago the guy was nervouse to take wide open jumpers, and now, he takes defenders one and one, spots from three and sinks it. Aside from that, he relentlessy attacks the rim. Wether he goes in and gets the and one or goes in and gets denied. He refuses to stop, and that's an extremely likable characteristic, as nothing is worse for a team than it's star player to be scared of going inside and always deferring to teammates when things get tough. If he keeps going the way he's going theres no doubt in my mind that his conversion on these tough drive ins are going to go up, and that's when he will truly shine. And I don'e in any way hesitate to say he will be better than D-Will and CP3 in a couple years time.

As for Durant, he's another amazing player. I wish I could watch him more, but its unfortunate that I just don't ever seem to be free when the Thunder's playing. Ot of all three, he's the one I have watched the least, at least lately. Still a future top player in my eyes, yet I can't help but see Griffin and Rose surpassing him

All this is just pure opinion. All three players are amazing and have an overflowing amount of potential, so I can easily see one person argue their case against another. I think this list can be put in any particular order and no one would be wrong. The only thing that could be wrong is the ridiculous reasoning I've seen in this thread lol.

Great post. Repped.. Wish I could rep you again. Love the non-bias/respect for all players. All valid points and yes I agree.. Rose's development has my jaw on the floor. I first got a glimpse of it during the FIBA world championships.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Rose vs Griffin. It's gona be great :) Too bad Rose's new FIBA buddy (Eric Gordon) isn't playing :/

Then again, they did upgrade Gordon's status to "day to day".. They originally said 3-4 weeks. So let's see what happens

Ikill
02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Griffin
Durant
Rose

umm yes you can

shortlunatic
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Great post. Repped.. Wish I could rep you again. Love the non-bias/respect for all players. All valid points and yes I agree.. Rose's development has my jaw on the floor. I first got a glimpse of it during the FIBA world championships.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow. Rose vs Griffin. It's gona be great :) Too bad Rose's new FIBA buddy (Eric Gordon) isn't playing :/

Then again, they did upgrade Gordon's status to "day to day".. They originally said 3-4 weeks. So let's see what happens

Thank you. And agreed, I am pretty hyped for this match up again. Hopefully the Bulls watched some film and can do a better job trying to stop Griffin's points in the paint, he murdered down there last time.

KingKobe
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Ever hear of Magic Johnson?
Every heard of KAJ

and LOL at comparing rose to magic

Pointguard
02-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Every heard of KAJ

and LOL at comparing rose to magic
Isiah Thomas is more like Rose and he did a back to back.

Soothing Layup
05-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Durant/Rose

Griffin

senelcoolidge
08-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Griffin had a stellar NBA rookie season. He's still raw and dominated. He has an incredible work ethic. This offseason he's been working very hard on the jump shot, which means he will have a consistent jumpshot very soon. Once he has that shot he can score almost at will. He's a guy that loves to rebound and do the dirty work. Excellent passer. He has all the potential to be a future MVP, future scoring champ, future rebounding champ, and even leading a team like the Clippers to a championship(if the front office does a decent job). It's scary how good this guy can be..and I'm sure he will be if injury free. His defense was not as bad as people made it out to be and he will improve there too. I'd take him over Durant and Rose just because he's a big man (always good to have that) and he does multiple things.

Clippersfan86
08-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Griffin had a stellar NBA rookie season. He's still raw and dominated. He has an incredible work ethic. This offseason he's been working very hard on the jump shot, which means he will have a consistent jumpshot very soon. Once he has that shot he can score almost at will. He's a guy that loves to rebound and do the dirty work. Excellent passer. He has all the potential to be a future MVP, future scoring champ, future rebounding champ, and even leading a team like the Clippers to a championship(if the front office does a decent job). It's scary how good this guy can be..and I'm sure he will be if injury free. His defense was not as bad as people made it out to be and he will improve there too. I'd take him over Durant and Rose just because he's a big man (always good to have that) and he does multiple things.

:applause:

scm5
08-11-2011, 11:45 PM
If I had to choose one right now, to build a franchise around and win a championship, I would definitely choose Durant.

It's not even a hard question for me.

Blake could or couldn't be injury prone. One injury could ruin his entire game. Think about it.

Durant's game doesn't rely on his athleticism. He is one inch shy of being a 7 footer and has the wingspan of Yao Ming. His shot is one of the best and most consistent in the NBA. He is going to be an incredible player. I have no idea what his peak will look like but I'm sure it will be amazing.

NuggetsFan
08-12-2011, 12:08 AM

It's kinda funny that you mention future MVP, future scoring champ, future champion. Derrick Rose has already won an MVP, Kevin Durant has what? 2 scoring titles? Both guy's have made the conference finals.

There all 22 as well so it's not like KD and Rose aren't improving and getting better.

Fiasco
08-12-2011, 01:05 AM
It's kinda funny that you mention future MVP, future scoring champ, future champion. Derrick Rose has already won an MVP, Kevin Durant has what? 2 scoring titles? Both guy's have made the conference finals.

There all 22 as well so it's not like KD and Rose aren't improving and getting better.

They've been in the league longer. More time to adjust to the competition in the league, more time to build team chemistry, and more time to find their niches. When people say Griffin was raw, they may be underestimating how green this entire team was in itself. If fielding the youngest squad with key players injured over significant time (Davis, Kaman, Gordon) wasn't already a difficult situation to come into, everyone on the team had to adjust to a coach who is notorious for running a terrible rotation and half-court offense. What more was Griffin supposed to do with Ryan Gomes starting? Or a 2 guard out of Kentucky playing 1 in the NBA, the unequivocally hardest position to play professionally? LeBron James himself would have had a difficult time taking this team to anything past a 7th seed in the West.

It's hard to understand for anyone who didn't watch every single Clipper game this year (who would, other than the miserable few of us?) because Sportscenter would rather highlight his gravity defying dunks over his smart basketball plays 9 times out of 10. Ergo, the braintrust on ISH starts to perpetuate verbal nonsense like "Griffin is only a dunk machine!" or "His play had no effect on the games whatsoever, they only won 32" which brings me to my point of context being everything. I'm undoubtedly going to receive a few replies from people who claim to have seen him all year, but take it from a miserable Clipper fan who can tell you 10 things wrong with this team before he says 1 thing right: Griffin is going to be a stud in this league for years.

NuggetsFan
08-12-2011, 01:08 AM
They've been in the league longer. More time to adjust to the competition in the league, more time to build team chemistry, and more time to find their niches. When people say Griffin was raw, they may be underestimating how green this entire team was in itself. If fielding the youngest squad with key players injured over significant time (Davis, Kaman, Gordon) wasn't already a difficult situation to come into, everyone on the team had to adjust to a coach who is notorious for running a terrible rotation and half-court offense. What more was Griffin supposed to do with Ryan Gomes starting? Or a 2 guard out of Kentucky playing 1 in the NBA, the unequivocally hardest position to play professionally? LeBron James himself would have had a difficult time taking this team to anything past a 7th seed in the West.

It's hard to understand for anyone who didn't watch every single Clipper game this year (who would, other than the miserable few of us?) because Sportscenter would rather highlight his gravity defying dunks over his smart basketball plays 9 times out of 10. Ergo, the braintrust on ISH starts to perpetuate verbal nonsense like "Griffin is only a dunk machine!" or "His play had no effect on the games whatsoever, they only won 32" which brings me to my point of context being everything. I'm undoubtedly going to receive a few replies from people who claim to have seen him all year, but take it from a miserable Clipper fan who can tell you 10 things wrong with this team before he says 1 thing right: Griffin is going to be a stud in this league for years.

I wasn't saying Blake won't be a stud. I'm not saying Blake only dunks. Just was responding to buddy. He was going on about how Blake's a future MVP, scoring champ, but the same guy's in the comparison are already there. They've already done the "he's got potential to do".

All I was saying.

Fiasco
08-12-2011, 01:14 AM
I wasn't saying Blake won't be a stud. I'm not saying Blake only dunks. Just was responding to buddy. He was going on about how Blake's a future MVP, scoring champ, but the same guy's in the comparison are already there. They've already done the "he's got potential to do".

All I was saying.

Cool, cool.

ballerz
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Durant
Rose
Griffin

senelcoolidge
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM

All I was saying.

You know those other guys have 2-3 years more in the league than Griffin.

brisbaneman
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
griffin>rose>>>durant

Cali Syndicate
10-25-2011, 12:03 AM
Durant is last. I don't see that much potential in him. I really think he is done growing as a player. I can't see him getting better in any other areas.

Durant's next step is learning how to move better off the ball. Seems like a lost art among today's perimeter stars. He also has a lot of room getting better as a play maker. Has potential to be a very solid defender due to his length similar to how Tayshaun Prince was.

Rose needs to play with better IQ and stop shooting so many 3's. I know 3's are a huge part of the game now but someone as quick as he is needs to utilize that quickness before it starts diminishing. If he could develop a Ellis type stop and pop midrange game, he would be far more effective offensive player. Wouldn't hurt to apply a pick n' roll to his repertoire.

Blake is an athletic beast but very unpolished. It's easier to assess Rose and Durant since they've at least been in the league a few years. Still need to see Blake's progression to make a better assessment.

With that being said...

Durant
Rose
Griffin (only because he only has one year. If we were comparing rookie seasons, the list goes the exact opposite)