PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Pau Gasol These Past Several Games?

DavisWarriorsFan
11-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Some people said he's the best player right now but the past several games, he sucked.

opps
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
I think we just need Bynum back so he doesnt have to go against C's every night.

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
I think we just need Bynum back so he doesnt have to go against C's every night.

this.

konex
11-29-2010, 12:59 AM
He's actually facing teams with good bigs? :confusedshrug:

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:00 AM
I think he's can't get his rhythm between Kobe's epic streak of chucking. He's trying to prove that he's more important than Gasol after the media was questioning who the best player on the team was.

Epic chucking = Losing to the Pacers on Sunday in the special white jerseys

JM720
11-29-2010, 01:01 AM
The minutes are getting to him :confusedshrug:

madmax
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
I think he's can't get his rhythm between Kobe's epic streak of chucking. He's trying to prove that he's more important than Gasol after the media was questioning who the best player on the team was.

:lol :cheers: :applause:

AMISTILLILL
11-29-2010, 01:03 AM
He's actually facing teams with good bigs? :confusedshrug:

This.

DavisWarriorsFan

Didn't you watch the game. Kobe's shot selection tonight wasn't bad. Only took 2 dumb shots. Gasol couldn't get it going on offense and his defense was horrible.

sagr32
He looks tired out there.
phil has been playing him too much

ashbelly
11-29-2010, 01:04 AM
is he playing out of position like bosh ? :oldlol:

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Didn't you watch the game. Kobe's shot selection tonight wasn't bad. Only took 2 dumb shots. Gasol couldn't get it going on offense and his defense was horrible.

Yes I watched the game. I watch most of the Laker games. This is no new trend. When Kobe takes 30+ shots the Lakers struggle against sh*t teams because of the lack of balance on offense

Kobe will get hot for a few jumpers then chuck up some totally ridiculous bricks to lose the game when he gets in that 1 on 5 mode. Happens all the time...

JM720
11-29-2010, 01:05 AM

I didnt check the numbers but I think Kobe has pretty much been shooting at around the same rate for a while now depending on the minutes he gets. More minutes attempts up.

Tha Catalyst
11-29-2010, 01:06 AM

Bryant shot too much tonight probably but don't blame Gasol's lack of concentration and effort on the other end of the ball to Kobe. You would have to be delusional to believe that. Did you watch the game?

Lakers12

ignore him. just a kobe hater. dumas probably didn't even watch the game.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan

you crawl out of ur hole as soon as the lakers lose...pathetic peice of Shiet...

bl2k8
11-29-2010, 01:07 AM
He's terrible against good to decent bigs and he's gassed from playing heavy minutes. Bynum's selfish ass delayed surgey so he's gonna be tired.

DavisWarriorsFan
Yes I watched the game. I watch most of the Laker games. This is no new trend. When Kobe takes 30+ shots the Lakers struggle against sh*t teams because of the lack of balance on offense

Kobe will get hot for a few jumpers then chuck up some totally ridiculous bricks to lose the game when he gets in that 1 on 5 mode. Happens all the time...
Lack of balance? More like their defense is the real reason they suck.

Lakers13
Playing too many minutes.

Once Bynum returns he should be okay and back to guarding players of his natural position.

These are the two keys as to why he's been sucking. That and he wont contest any PG's shots when they attempt layup

DavisWarriorsFan
11-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Playing too many minutes.

Once Bynum returns he should be okay and back to guarding players of his natural position.

These are the two keys as to why he's been sucking. That and he wont contest any PG's shots when they attempt layup
The Lakers do need Bynum back. There are gonna be a lot of games like this where they miss him out there. Win or lose.

Doranku
11-29-2010, 01:08 AM

Except that's not what happened at all in this game. :oldlol:

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:09 AM

yes he is but he's not a total ***** like bosh.

Mr. Jabbar
11-29-2010, 01:10 AM
I really don't know, he seems utterly soft; bad decision when pasing, shot is off, TERRIBLE defensive effort, foul-prone.

He went from MVP front runner to liability in 3 games.

KingMichael23
11-29-2010, 01:11 AM

What the hell are you talking about?

Lakers13

This retard doesnt even watch the games, too busy checking box scores.

Jacks3
What's up with Phil playing him 46 minutes tonight. Freaking ridiculous.

KingsFan416
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM

I think you're lying.

KenneBell
11-29-2010, 01:12 AM
1. He's probably tired.

2. He's finally going up against some decent competition. He was feasting on the smaller teams earlier in the season. Both Noah and Hibbert kept in him check, Don't know how you can blame Kobe for that but where there's a will there's a way. :roll:

Lakers13
11-29-2010, 01:13 AM
The Lakers do need Bynum back. There are gonna be a lot of games like this where they miss him out there. Win or lose.

We miss this dude defensively, bad. At least guards would at least alter their shots or second guess taking the shot when he's there. With Pau they know they can still go hard because Pau is afraid to pick up a foul.

Zach Morris
I really don't know, he seems utterly soft; bad decision when pasing, shot is off, TERRIBLE defensive effort, foul-prone.

He went from MVP front runner to liability in 3 games.

He's too f-cking passive. I hate that about him. He's too good offensive.

KingsFan416
What's up with Phil playing him 46 minutes tonight. Freaking ridiculous.
Well, he has no back up center that can do the job now that Theo is out. Gasol will play a lot of minutes than usual.

Rose
11-29-2010, 01:15 AM
He ran into...Joakim Noah, and after that happens....you never look the same again.:pimp:

04mzwach
11-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Ever since Darko owned him:

Darko's stock UP

Gasol's stock DOWN

gilalizard
11-29-2010, 01:17 AM
1. He's probably tired.

2. He's finally going up against some decent competition. He was feasting on the smaller teams earlier in the season. Both Noah and Hibbert kept in him check, Don't know how you can blame Kobe for that but where there's a will there's a way. :roll:

Yeah I think so. The combination of fatigue and stiffer competition.

He'd be doing better against these better bigs if he wasn't playing so many minutes.

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:18 AM
He's too f-cking passive. I hate that about him. He's too good offensive.

this. when he gets a chance to post up, he passes instead of shooting. inside shot is better than an outside shot. and he's got too many lazy passes out of the double team, too many deflections.

TMacYaoRockets
Pau Gasol for LeBron!

Batz
Fatigue.

oh the horror
11-29-2010, 01:19 AM
:hammerhead: While I realize its a hard concept to swallow for some of you kids, considering the fact that most of the normal routines here consist of eating Doritos, and playing basketball on your playstations....but players DO get tired after awhile.

I mean Bynum is out, and Theo Ratliff is out right now. Do people even know that? This means, yes...you guessed it, Gasol has to play more and more minutes.

bdreason
11-29-2010, 01:20 AM
He's playing too many minutes because Phil doesn't trust the other bigs on the team. 40+ minutes a night for Pau is too much.... I thought Phil was the master at "pacing" his team. :rolleyes:

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Ever since Darko owned him:

Darko's stock UP

Gasol's stock DOWN

next time they play the timberwolves, bynum will be on darko. hopefully pau will eat kevin love alive.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:23 AM
I think you're lying.

I just watched the damn game. I live in L.A. I get ALL of the Laker AND Clipper games. I watch most of them.

oh the horror
11-29-2010, 01:24 AM
He's playing too many minutes because Phil doesn't trust the other bigs on the team. 40+ minutes a night for Pau is too much.... I thought Phil was the master at "pacing" his team. :rolleyes:

Well, really though, what other bigs are on the team? I mean there is Caracter...and thats damn near about it dude. Bynum, AND Theo are OUT.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking about how Kobe decided to shoot most of the teams shots for the game and the Lakers shifted to Kobe mode. When this happens nobody wants to shoot and they just figure Kobe will take all the shots. How did the end of the game look ? Like this...

KingMichael23
11-29-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm talking about how Kobe decided to shoot most of the teams shots for the game and the Lakers shifted to Kobe mode. When this happens nobody wants to shoot and they just figure Kobe will take all the shots. How did the end of the game look ? Like this...
Kobe gave them the ball and nobody was making anything. If Kobe wasn't in the game, they still wasn't making baskets. What do you want them to do?

B-Easy
11-29-2010, 01:29 AM
he cant play flawless all year ..

seriously when your bad games are 15-15 , 13-13 double double type games .. then youre in good shape.

bdreason
11-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Well, really though, what other bigs are on the team? I mean there is Caracter...and thats damn near about it dude. Bynum, AND Theo are OUT.

True.

I guess the question is, lose games now, or risk having a tired Gasol in the playoffs?

I'll take the regular season L and play Odom at Center for 4 minutes a game.

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Kobe gave them the ball and nobody was making anything. If Kobe wasn't in the game, they still wasn't making baskets. What do you want them to do?

kobe not shooting and let the lakers lose by 20.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:31 AM

Well did Kobe ball work ? Does it ever work ? It works in rare instances against sh*t teams. Against good teams it is worthless. What they need to do is keep sharing the ball and win or lose as a team.

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:33 AM

but the lakers had an off day yesterday and tomorrow. i don't mind the heavy minutes til bynum comes back.

AirJordan&Magic
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM

You're a clown. If you actually watched the game, and not the boxscores on Nba.com, you could see that Gasol could not get into his offensive rhythm. He is playing way too many minutes.

Wuxia
11-29-2010, 01:35 AM
lol, even the best players have bad games....

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:36 AM
You're a clown. If you actually watched the game, and not the boxscores on Nba.com, you could see that Gasol could not get into his offensive rhythm. He is playing way too many minutes.

I watched the game clown

Ronaldinho
11-29-2010, 01:37 AM
Well did Kobe ball work ? Does it ever work ? It works in rare instances against sh*t teams. Against good teams it is worthless. What they need to do is keep sharing the ball and win or lose as a team.
I thought you were a troll, but you made some points in previous post .But this game, particularly, Kobe played really well.Lakers ofense wasnt working and Kobe stepped up.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 01:39 AM
I watched the game clown

Apparently you didn't...:oldlol:
Kobe was the only reason the game was close... would had been a blowout.

AirJordan&Magic
11-29-2010, 01:40 AM
I watched the game clown

You obviously didn't, because your assumption of what happened in the game is not what happened in reality.

Now try to actually watch the game before writing retarded, baseless comments.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:40 AM
I thought you were a troll, but you made some points in previous post .But this game, particularly, Kobe played really well.Lakers ofense wasnt working and Kobe stepped up.

I didn't say anything about Kobe playing bad. He did what he had to do. He did what he thought would get the win. My point is that when the team gets into the "Let's watch Kobe shoot" offense any sh*t team can beat them. Been that way for countless years and it really shouldn't happen anymore with the talent they have now.

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 01:41 AM
I watched the game clown
2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

Thats Kobes fault?

Gasols 5 turnovers are Kobes fault?

Gasol getting outworked on the defensive end is Kobes fault?

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:42 AM
You obviously didn't, because your assumption of what happened in the game is not what happened in reality.

Now try to actually watch the game before writing retarded, baseless comments.

I watched the game. I saw Kobe score like 15-16 points in the 3rd to bring them back then run out of gas at the end.

You guys are like 5 year olds man. That's your only comeback. Watch the game...I watched the damn game.

It didn't work for Kobe to be the only one shooting in the fourth and 9/10 it doesn't work in general. Period.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 01:43 AM
I didn't say anything about Kobe playing bad. He did what he had to do. He did what he thought would get the win. My point is that when the team gets into the "Let's watch Kobe shoot" offense any sh*t team can beat them. Been that way for countless years and it really shouldn't happen anymore with the talent they have now.

You continue to showcase your intense hate for kobe. :sleeping
I guess they lost against Jazz too because of Kobe? Because he went mamba mode in late 4th quarter and was the only reason the game was close to the last seconds. :confusedshrug:

chazzy
Ideally yeah, but there are games when the rest of the offense is stagnant and the defense is bad. And there are games when Kobe shoots to the detriment of the team, but I didn't think tonight was one of them.

LAClipsFan33
2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

Thats Kobes fault?

When did I say the loss was Kobe's fault ?

Bring that part up for me.

The other Lakers are just as much at fault for Kobe ball

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:44 AM
You continue to showcase your intense hate for kobe. :sleeping
I guess they lost against Jazz too because of Kobe? Because he went mamba mode in late 4th quarter.

I hate all of the Lakers, not just Kobe. I have no stake in just dissing one of them. I hope they all lose every game.

I hate Theo Ratliff even for trying to gravy train

AirJordan&Magic
11-29-2010, 01:44 AM

Sooo, you don't think maybe his teammates not producing and them stinking it up was a big reason the game turned into "Let's watch Kobe shoot" mode?

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:45 AM
2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

Thats Kobes fault?

in his eyes, kobe should have gotten the other lakers more shots like and have them go

gasol 6-20
artest 2-8
fisher 3-12

then at least the lakers will lose as a team. what logic.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 01:46 AM
2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

Thats Kobes fault?

Yes
Yes
Yes
and Yes.

According to "LAClipsFan33" delusions.

AirJordan&Magic
I watched the game. I saw Kobe score like 15-16 points in the 3rd to bring them back then run out of gas at the end.

You guys are like 5 year olds man. That's your only comeback. Watch the game...I watched the damn game.

It didn't work for Kobe to be the only one shooting in the fourth and 9/10 it doesn't work in general. Period.

Because his teammates were not producing. What part of that is hard to understand, you dummy?

Lakers12
Ideally yeah, but there are games when the rest of the offense is stagnant and the defense is bad. And there are games when Kobe shoots to the detriment of the team, but I didn't think tonight was one of them.

this.

Jacks3
11-29-2010, 01:47 AM
In all 4 of the Lakers' loses, the opposing team's Centers seem to go for broke:

- IND: Hibbert = 24 points (69% FG)

- PHX: Frye = 20 points (58% FG)

- UTA: Jefferson = 20 points (50% FG)

- DEN: Nene = 18 points (54% FG)

It's also Kobe's fault that Gasol couldn't guard a box.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Sooo, you don't think maybe his teammates not producing and them stinking it up was a big reason the game turned into "Let's watch Kobe shoot" mode?

My point is...When Kobe takes all the shot the Lakers aren't as good as when they play as a team. Kobe ball makes them get beat by chumps. How they got to playing Kobe ball isn't very relevant

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Because his teammates were not producing. What part of that is hard to understand, you dummy?

Don't insult his intelligence, he is dumb. Its hard for him to grasp.:confusedshrug:

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:49 AM

You think calling me names is going to make you look smarter when your not disproving any of my points ? The mark of a man who doesn't have a leg to stand on is a man who has been reduced to no valid comeback...just insults.

Congrats on you well thought out argument. I'm thinking maybe someone else might be the dummy.

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 01:50 AM
When did I say the loss was Kobe's fault ?

Bring that part up for me.

The other Lakers are just as much at fault for Kobe ball

I never said you stated it was Kobes fault, I asked you a question.

But you did say these things as if to imply that somehow, Kobe was the reason his team lost.

He's trying to prove that he's more important than Gasol after the media was questioning who the best player on the team was.

It didn't work for Kobe to be the only one shooting in the fourth

Since "Kobe ball" as you deem it didn't work,

what would your solution have been?

How would you have solved the problem when the Lakers as a team shot 38%?

LAClipsFan33
I'm the man with one eye in the land of the blind

AirJordan&Magic
My point is...When Kobe takes all the shot the Lakers aren't as good as when they play as a team. Kobe ball makes them get beat by chumps. How they got to playing Kobe ball isn't very relevant

Woooow :rolleyes:

chazzy
11-29-2010, 01:52 AM
How they got to playing Kobe ball isn't very relevant
Yes it is, because you're saying that they should continue to play the same style, regardless of the fact that everyone else is ineffective. Kobe ball shouldn't be necessary with this team, but unfortunately there are instances like tonight where you know the game will be won or lost on his hot hand.

Tha Catalyst
11-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Just so I can understand what your saying. You believe that it is not Kobe's fault for the loss, but rather the team resorting to 'Kobe Ball' so you are not actually blaming Kobe for the loss tonight, rather the offensive strategy they ran with throughout the game. Kobe was really the only Laker who could be relied on offensively this game (lamar was alright too), and when you have limited options offensively, it is wise for the best performing and most damaging player to make the calls and take the shots. Surely you are not saying that it was Kobe's decision against the will of his team to take all those shots tonight? I will admit that has happened in the past at times but tonight was not a case of Kobe taking bad shots at the detriment of his team. Can we agree on that?

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:54 AM
Yes it is, because you're saying that they should continue to play the same style regardless of the fact that everyone else is ineffective. Kobe ball shouldn't be necessary with this team, but unfortunately there are instances like tonight where you know the game will be won or lost on his hot hand.

he wants kobe to stop shooting and go into lequit mode like last year against the celtics. kobe will go down trying.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 01:54 AM

No, there are none so blind as those who will not see.
You my friend are one of those who refuse not to see something so plain and simple to grasp.:rolleyes:

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 01:55 AM

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:55 AM

You guys implied that I'm blaming Kobe for the loss. This thread was about what's wrong with Gasol.

Kobe went into Kobe mode for the entire 2nd half. So all of you guys think there was no chance that any of his teammates could have played any better as the game went on with 2 whole quarters to right the ship ? This is what you are saying ? Down only 5-6 at halftime there was nothing they could do as a team to get back in it on offense ? The only option was to let Kobe do everything on offense ?

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 01:57 AM
You guys implied that I'm blaming Kobe for the loss. This thread was about what's wrong with Gasol.

Kobe went into Kobe mode for the entire 2nd half. So all of you guys think there was no chance that any of his teammates could have played any better as the game went on with 2 whole quarters to right the ship ? This is what you are saying ? Down only 5-6 at halftime there was nothing they could do as a team to get back in it on offense ? The only option was to let Kobe do everything on offense ?

2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

so only kobe shot the ball in the 2nd half?

LAClipsFan33
Just so I can understand what your saying. You believe that it is not Kobe's fault for the loss, but rather the team resorting to 'Kobe Ball' so you are not actually blaming Kobe for the loss tonight, rather the offensive strategy they ran with throughout the game. Kobe was really the only Laker who could be relied on offensively this game (lamar was alright too), and when you have limited options offensively, it is wise for the best performing and most damaging player to make the calls and take the shots. Surely you are not saying that it was Kobe's decision against the will of his team to take all those shots tonight? I will admit that has happened in the past at times but tonight was not a case of Kobe taking bad shots at the detriment of his team. Can we agree on that?

Yes somewhat.

My main point is that regardless of how it occurs...when Kobe shoots 33 shots and Gasol shoots 15 they usually lose or have a really close game against an average to scrub team.

The Iron Fist

lol, "this thread was about whats wrong with Gasol" and your very first response was,

answer the question.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 01:59 AM
2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

so only kobe shot the ball in the 2nd half?

Count that up...that's 36 shots. Kobe shot 33

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:00 AM
lol, "this thread was about whats wrong with Gasol" and your very first response was,

answer the question.

I would have let the team keep playing and see if they could get out of the funk as a team. The weren't down by that much. Which I already stated...

Then you throw that 38% out like Kobe didn't shoot only 42%

thomaspynchon
11-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Ha, just a few weeks ago all of the mentally ill Lakers fans were claiming that Gasol was the best power forward in the NBA...what happened?

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Count that up...that's 36 shots. Kobe shot 33

so i guess you don't go with the hot hand? everyone gets to shoot down the court? if they had shot better, they would have taken more shot.

macpierce
11-29-2010, 02:02 AM
kobe took a lot of shots, but if it wasnt for him, the lakers would of gotten blown out by 20 easily if you actually watched the game and not the boxscore

kabalcage
11-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Pau steps up when it matters. At least he didn't shoot 6/24 in this game.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 02:03 AM

Kobe was 8-16 (50%) in the second half (without the two game typing three point attempt with 16 second left in the game)

OWNED. GO TO SLEEP. PLEASE!

Lakers12
11-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Ha, just a few weeks ago all of the mentally ill Lakers fans were claiming that Gasol was the best power forward in the NBA...what happened?

those weren't lakers fan. as far as power forward goes, he's in the running for best power forward. as a center, NO.

Maneva
This is no new trend. When Kobe takes 30+ shots the Lakers struggle against sh*t teams because of the lack of balance on offense

*Sigh* I knew someone would be dumb enough to say this. If you really watched the game you'd know that the Laker's offense, especially Pau, was stagnant, lazy, and generally awful tonight and couldn't buy a basket. Whenever this happens, Kobe, as he should, picks up the slack and in this case got his team back in the game with yes, lots of shooting. Yeah, the Lakers tend to lose when Kobe takes 30+ shots, but that's because he (usually) only takes that amount because his team is already struggling and needs a spark. What was an "epic chuckfest" to you was actually a great effort that successfully got his team back in the game and almost got them a win.

AirJordan&Magic
You think calling me names is going to make you look smarter when your not disproving any of my points ? The mark of a man who doesn't have a leg to stand on is a man who has been reduced to no valid comeback...just insults.

Congrats on you well thought out argument. I'm thinking maybe someone else might be the dummy.

No, calling you names will not make me look smarter.
I have already shown that I am smarter, by using logic and actually writing a relevent comment towards the game.

You, on the other hand, have shown that you are not too bright by not only insinuating that Kobe shot the Lakers out of the game, but by saying "how the Lakers got into Kobe shooting mode is irrelevent".

Swaggin916
11-29-2010, 02:05 AM
he's playing a ton of minutes when games are close... 44+. and we have had a lot close games lately... i think he's a little burnt out and lackadaisical.

it's not his fault we are losing tho... it's poor bench play and shooting.

Maneva
11-29-2010, 02:08 AM
those weren't lakers fan. as far as power forward goes, he's in the running for best power forward. as a center, NO.

Exactly, Gasol's really struggling against good centers. When Bynum comes and Pau goes back to PF, his defense will be much better.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Kobe was 8-16 (50%) in the second half (without the two game typing three point attempt with 16 second left in the game)

OWNED. GO TO SLEEP. PLEASE!

Ok..and this means what ? He still didn't have ANY of his teammates to back him at the end of the game and lost

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 02:12 AM
I would have let the team keep playing and see if they could get out of the funk as a team. The weren't down by that much. Which I already stated...

Then you throw that 38% out like Kobe didn't shoot only 42%

Do you have comprehension problems?

I clearly stated, "the Lakers shot as a team".

I don't know about you, but I include Kobe on that team.

But as it is, "Kobe ball" as you deem it, got them closer than what they did "as a team".

At halftime, where they played like a team according to you, they trailed by six.

Once they went to "Kobe ball", as you so eloquently state,

they came within 3.

Looking at the statistics,

"Kobe ball" seemed to work slightly better.

Maybe its just me, but being down by 3 is better than being down by 6,

but thats just me.

First half of "team ball" 51-45 Pacers
Second half of "Kobe ball" 47-44 Lakers.

Jacks3
11-29-2010, 02:14 AM
Kobe has lead the Lakers to three straight Finals and back-to-back championships. I think he know what he's doing.

chazzy
@Iron Fist - And Kobe didn't fully take over the offense until they were down 14 or 15 from what I remember, it didn't start immediately after halftime.

LAClipsFan33
No, calling you names will not make me look smarter.
I have already shown that I am smarter, by using logic and actually writing a relevent comment towards the game.

You, on the other hand, have shown that you are not too bright by not only insinuating that Kobe shot the Lakers out of the game, but by saying "how the Lakers got into Kobe shooting mode is irrelevent".

Explain to me why it is relevant when no matter how it happens it has the same result. Other Laker players can't hit anything...Kobe takes over ? Loss or down to the wire game. Kobe isn't making anything, but decides to take a bunch of shots anyway ? Loss or down to the wire game.

What's the difference here ? Fact still remains when they don't have a balance of FGAs between the team on offense 9/10 they lose. This has been the point all along.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Do you have comprehension problems?

I clearly stated, "the Lakers shot as a team".

I don't know about you, but I include Kobe on that team.

But as it is, "Kobe ball" as you deem it, got them closer than what they did "as a team".

At halftime, where they played like a team according to you, they trailed by six.

Once they went to "Kobe ball", as you so eloquently state,

they came within 3.

Looking at the statistics,

"Kobe ball" seemed to work slightly better.

Maybe its just me, but being down by 3 is better than being down by 6,

but thats just me.

First half of "team ball" 51-45 Pacers
Second half of "Kobe ball" 47-44 Lakers.

So what you are saying is that your magic crystal ball is telling you that the result of the 2nd half would have been exactly the same as the 1st with the Lakers losing by 12 ? What are the chances of that ?

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 02:17 AM
@Iron Fist - And Kobe didn't fully take over the offense until they were down 14 or 15 from what I remember, it didn't start immediately after halftime.

I know, I'm just going by his first half, second half comparison, because you know,

"Kobe went into Kobe mode in the second half" and you and I both know that means nobody else got a shot.

His logic, not mine.

Funny how it works completely against his point though.

branslowski
11-29-2010, 02:18 AM
LAClips dude....I have nothing against you, but you obviously don't place things in perspective.

The reason Kobe ends up with a shit load of shots and we lose alot of the time, is because the rest of the team is playing like shit and he has to do it to either bring us back, or keep us close...When his teamates actually show up to play, then he doesn't take all those shots in comparison to the next guy...All depends on the situation. But you and others with an agenda won't understand this. You will just continue on in your "He toook alot of shots and they lost"....Instead of wondering why he took the shots that he did.

When the team was playing like they were tonight, if Kobe didn't shoot the ball, we would have been blown out on our homecourt by about 20+.

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 02:20 AM
So what you are saying is that your magic crystal ball is telling you that the result of the 2nd half would have been exactly the same as the 1st with the Lakers losing by 12 ? What are the chances of that ?
:wtf:

I can only translate this as,

"I guess my ranting and raving didn't work tonight because somebody actually checked my math".

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:21 AM
LAClips dude....I have nothing against you, but you obviously don't place things in perspective.

The reason Kobe ends up with a shit load of shots and we lose alot of the time, is because the rest of the team is playing like shit and he has to do it to either bring us back, or keep us close...When his teamates actually show up to play, then he doesn't take all those shots in comparison to the next guy...All depends on the situation. But you and others with an agenda won't understand this. You will just continue on in your "He toook alot of shots and they lost"....Instead of wondering why he took the shots that he did.

When the team was playing like they were tonight, if Kobe didn't shoot the ball, we would have been blown out on our homecourt by about 20+.

So what about the times when the team is playing good and he's shooting 3/11 and decides to go 7/25 ?

This situation is not an absolute by any stretch.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:22 AM
:wtf:

I can only translate this as,

"I guess my ranting and raving didn't work tonight because somebody actually checked my math".

No my point is you never know what could happen if the team got on track in the 2nd half and not just one player. The force of an entire team 99/100 trumps one player

Obviously he needed his team at the end for something other than giving him handoffs that lead to 28 foot airballs

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 02:24 AM
No my point is you never know what could happen if the team got on track in the 2nd half and not just one player. The force of an entire team 99/100 trumps one player

and yet,

the team shot 38% as a whole.

What part of that don't you understand?

They tried the "team" effort for roughly 3 quarters and it wasn't working.

As the other guy said, you really should just go to bed now,

you're looking dumber by the post and more and more people are starting to point it out.

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:29 AM
and yet,

the team shot 38% as a whole.

What part of that don't you understand?

They tried the "team" effort for roughly 3 quarters and it wasn't working.

As the other guy said, you really should just go to bed now,

you're looking dumber by the post and more and more people are starting to point it out.

I'm not going to bed at 10:29pm...lol at a bunch of dudes on the internet governing my bed time

KingMichael23
11-29-2010, 02:38 AM
If it worked or not. It's better than nothing. Even running the triangle through Gasol didn't work. Nothing is working offensively. NOBODY was doing anything on offense. Then gotta give the ball the Kobe who was the only guy who got it going offensively. Since he got it going, play defense and get stops. But that's not what the Lakers were doing either. Gasol and the Lakers were horrible on defense tonight. Kobe ball had a better chance of winning it the game if they played defense.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 02:42 AM
I'm not going to bed at 10:29pm...lol at a bunch of dudes on the internet governing my bed time

Don't you get it? Your assertion have been falsified. It was tested and the math was done from every angle and it didn't seem to add up. You said Kobe played bad in the second half but actually the math proves that Kobe played WAY better in the second half and sucked in the first.

You said "Kobe ball" in the second half was the prime reason for the loss but math calculation state otherwise; that it was the team's poor shooting, defense and rebounding. The math also proves without Kobe ball in the second half, it would had been a blowout because the Lakers was down 15.

There is so many fail in your agenda driven assertion you have fabricated up. But now is the time to go to bed or come up with another gimmick. Better-luck next time.:lol

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Don't you get it? Your assertion have been falsified. It was tested and the math was done from every angle and it didn't seem to add up. You said Kobe played bad in the second half but actually the math proves that Kobe played WAY better in the second half and sucked in the first.

You said "Kobe ball" in the second half was the prime reason for the loss but math calculation state otherwise; that it was the team's poor shooting, defense and rebounding. The math also proves without Kobe ball in the second half, it would had been a blowout because the Lakers was down 15.

There is so many fail in your agenda driven assertion you have fabricated up. But now is the time to go to bed or come up with another gimmick. Better-luck next time.:lol

I never said Kobe played bad in the 2nd half. Your agenda driven twisting of my words is messing with your comprehension skills. Kobe ball failed once again...that is the point.

4 guys giving up while one guy presses on in a 5 on 5 sport is the recipe for failure...

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 02:58 AM
I never said Kobe played bad in the 2nd half. Your agenda driven twisting of my words is messing with your comprehension skills. Kobe ball failed once again...that is the point.

4 guys giving up while one guy presses on in a 5 on 5 sport is the recipe for failure...

"Kobe ball failed" right?
So if the Lakers were down by 20 and they go to Kobe and he scores 18 straight points and misses the game winner, thus they lose the game.

To you that technically means "Kobe ball failed once again" right? Idiot!

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 03:03 AM
"Kobe ball failed" right?
So if the Lakers were down by 20 and they go to Kobe and he scores 18 straight points and misses the game winner, thus they lose the game.

To you that technically means "Kobe ball failed once again" right? Idiot!

Yes. Like I said...the point is that when everyone is involved the chances to win are much greater than the one man show strategy.We can point to this instance of rarity and say "Look is worked", but in the grand scheme of things the percentages of buckling down as a team and playing better are more successful.

5 year old name calling sh*t again man. Grow up man

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Yes. Like I said...the point is that when everyone is involved the chances to win are much greater than the one man show strategy.We can point to this instance of rarity and say "Look is worked", but in the grand scheme of things the percentages of buckling down as a team and playing better are more successful.

Let me ask you something. What exactly win games? list them please!

Thanks.:rolleyes:

YAWN
11-29-2010, 03:07 AM

Tonight it was called for and it worked to get them back within striking distance... without "kobe ball" the game would have been an embarrassing blowout. Since you live in LA and watch the Lakers games then you must have noticed that "kobe ball" isn't needed too often because the other players on the team are usually playing well. Im not really sure what is fueling your argument against it... When the team needs him to put them on his shoulders, he does it...

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 03:15 AM
Let me ask you something. What exactly win games? list them please!

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Stopping people from scoring and scoring more than the other team

vinsane01
11-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Yes somewhat.

My main point is that regardless of how it occurs...when Kobe shoots 33 shots and Gasol shoots 15 they usually lose or have a really close game against an average to scrub team.

I have observed that as well. Maybe Kobe needed to shoot that much in order for his team to be close, or maybe not. But i want to see some laker games were they comeback or play better as a unit after shooting poorly in previous quarters.

Dont worry though kobe haters because statistically, Pau is still the man in LA. Wont be for long if he continues to play this much minutes every game.

Hulk Hogan
11-29-2010, 03:23 AM
Stopping people from scoring and scoring more than the other team

And that is exactly what I'm getting at: there are many things required to win a game not just scoring. But to you, it seems like scoring is what win games. The stopping people from scoring and getting rebounds plays a bigger role. You seem to leave that out of the equation when criticizing "Kobe". But don't worry, I can see through it.:lol

LAClipsFan33
11-29-2010, 03:27 AM
And that is exactly what I'm getting at: there are many things required to win a game not just scoring. But to you, it seems like scoring is what win games. The stopping people from scoring and getting rebounds plays a bigger role. You seem to leave that out of the equation when criticizing "Kobe". But don't worry, I can see through it.:lol

I was talking strictly about offense in this thread. Nowhere did I elude to defense not being important or scoring being the only thing that mattered.

All of you guys talk about my bias, but each and every one of you read my posts and assumed a lot of things based on your biases.

All I did was state facts 9/10 Kobe ball doesn't work...and it's not a bias because Lebron ball didn't work in Cleveland 9/10 or Monta Ellis Ball, Danny Granger Ball, Chris Kaman Ball, Brandon Jennings Ball etc.

LA_Showtime
11-29-2010, 03:52 AM
He's clearly fatigued.

AirJordan&Magic
11-29-2010, 04:09 AM
Explain to me why it is relevant when no matter how it happens it has the same result. Other Laker players can't hit anything...Kobe takes over ? Loss or down to the wire game. Kobe isn't making anything, but decides to take a bunch of shots anyway ? Loss or down to the wire game.

What's the difference here ? Fact still remains when they don't have a balance of FGAs between the team on offense 9/10 they lose. This has been the point all along.

"How is it relevent??? Whats the difference??" Are you seriously asking me these questions?

Kobe's 15 point 3rd quarter is the difference between a blowout loss and a potential win. His performance kept the game within reach.
It's relevent because the team's shooting woes is what made Kobe tried to take over the game and attempt as many shots as he did. Isn't that what is expected by the team leader?

This crap you are saying is beyond stupid.

The Iron Fist
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM
"How is it relevent??? Whats the difference??" Are you seriously asking me these questions?

Kobe's 15 point 3rd quarter is the difference between a blowout loss and a potential win. His performance kept the game within reach.
It's relevent because the team's shooting woes is what made Kobe tried to take over the game and attempt as many shots as he did. Isn't that what is expected by the team leader?

This crap you are saying is beyond stupid.

I think he believes that if none of the Lakers are hitting their shots,

they should just forfeit.

I mean, there really is no other explanation as the only two choices are, play as a unit, and then when that fails, go to "Kobe ball".

When that fails,

just call the refs over, hand them the ball and say, "we're going home because LAClipsFan33 from InsideHoops.com is having a bad day and we don't want to make it worse for him by actually trying to do something".

Ne 1
11-29-2010, 10:00 AM
That's the NBA MVP you're talking about. The best big man in the league.

Who gets outplayed by Noah and Hibbert. :facepalm

Please come back Bynum.

sosolid4u09
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
That's the NBA MVP you're talking about. The best big man in the league.

Who gets outplayed by Noah and Hibbert. :facepalm

Please come back Bynum.

hes sucked last few games. probably down to fatigue. dont forget he is not a centre!

about the kobe chucking thing. as a lakers fan i know kobe is the reason the game was close.

but watching the first quarter kobe took something like 6/7 shots in the first few minutes. usually the lakers start the game getting it down to pau and getting everyone shots, with kobe initating the offense.

Its possible, as it has happend in the past that when kobe starts this way shooting a lot in the first quarter, the other starters dont get into a rythm at all and as a result shoot badly the rest of the game. However i dont think that was the case yesterday. His team mates clearly had good looks just looked wofeully out of touch. Gasol didnt really play with any intensity or rythm.

Lakers lost coz they just played shit. and Gasols defense SUCKED in the final 5 possesions. ESPECIALLy the game winner! He was in no mans land

asdf1990
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Kobe heard this and has been playing kome ball to get his alpha dog status bak

Mr. Jabbar
11-29-2010, 10:56 AM
LaClipsfan is amazing, never seen a kobe hater reaching this far. Nvm, I have, plenty of times.

sosolid4u09
11-29-2010, 11:00 AM
LaClipsfan is amazing, never seen a kobe hater reaching this far. Nvm, I have, plenty of times.

you should read what ginobli2311 has to say. he will blow your mind. the greatest troll on the world wide web

#1SportsFan86
11-29-2010, 11:05 AM
KoME trying to keep Pau from getting that MVP award.:facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
11-29-2010, 11:26 AM
you should read what ginobli2311 has to say. he will blow your mind. the greatest troll on the world wide web

Yeah, its funny how ginobli2311 tries to disguise his hate to kobe through suposedly unbiased statements like this:

"Don't get me wrong, kobe is a great player, but clearly ranks between 100th - 120th all time shooting guard"

asdf1990
11-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeah, its funny how ginobli2311 tries to disguise his hate to kobe through suposedly unbiased statements like this:

"Don't get me wrong, kobe is a great player, but clearly ranks between 100th - 120th all time shooting guard"
That is the most unbiased statement I've seen in awhile . Kobe is overrated

Ne 1
11-29-2010, 11:35 AM

:oldlol: Sounds like bruceblitz ''I don't hate Kobe, I have always said that he is one of the 20 best perimeter players of all-time.''

sosolid4u09
11-29-2010, 11:49 AM

lmao. thats actually spot on. He basically just gets a bunch of numbers with loosely relate to the agenda driven point he is trying to make. Plays up Lakers supporting cast when it suits him and plays them down when hes trying to make a different point.

Basketbolero
11-29-2010, 11:58 AM
That is the most unbiased statement I've seen in awhile . Kobe is overrated
How can you spend so much time talking about a person you supposedly hate? dude, you are a sad human being.

BEAST Griffin
11-29-2010, 01:15 PM
2-8
5-15
1-4
2-9

Thats Kobes fault?

:oldlol:

What that shows is that over the last few games Pau Gasol had to work hard for his points. He sure didn't get much of the ball. 8 attempts? 4 attempts? 9 attempts? Looks like he really had to work his butt off for those chances. Hard buckets at a low percentage. Second chance points etc.

How about Kobe gets the team involved a little more sometimes?

The Lakers are even better when Kobe doesn't go chucking. But that's what he is: a chucker.

And it's amazing after so many chucking games of Kobe this season with a bad quota how all of the Kobe homers all of a sudden come out bashing on Pau Gasol when he has a few not so good games.

:oldlol:

Pau Gasol is still the most significant reason the Lakers have this good a record.

thomaspynchon
11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
I think if we can all agree on one thing, it's that Lakers fans are mentally ill.

stan1981
11-29-2010, 02:42 PM
It's funny how Gasol always takes 'credit' for the Lakers defense struggles...

Phong
11-29-2010, 02:47 PM
It's funny how Gasol always takes 'credit' for the Lakers defense struggles...You're right. It's Fisher's fault if Hibbert was beasting on both ends of the floor.

Harion
11-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I think if we can all agree on one thing, it's that Lakers fans are mentally ill.
i can't fathom it as well

anytime a criticism is leveled at their team or their god, Kobe
they immediately label anyone that says this as a hater
and will go on ad-hominem mode instead of trying to debate with facts

LAclips did have a point in saying Kobe Ball loses games more than it wins games. yet Kobe ******gers would argue this is the only reason Lakers were even in the game. funny enough, these same nutjobs are the same nutjobs that deride Lebron and proclaim to anyone who will bother to listen that Lebron ball never works.

i think the basketball world has proven enough that Kobe Ball, Lebron Ball, or one-man basketball play has never worked. and will never work.

when kobe goes to kobe ball, what he does is he starts limiting his teammates shots. yes, his team was shooting poorly, but instead of playing kobe ball, he should play Nash ball. but he can't because he'd rather chuck over 3 or 4 guys defending him rather than FACILITATE.

that's right folks. in the end, kobe played kobe ball but they will lose if he doesn't get his teammates involved, pure and simple. they may win one or two if Kobe makes his miracle shots, but Lakers play better when the whole team is involved.

stan1981
11-29-2010, 03:20 PM
You're right. It's Fisher's fault if Hibbert was beasting on both ends of the floor.

Yeah, sure he was 'beasting' with 24 points...

And probably Gasol was also guilty when the Suns were having a target practice from the perimeter ?

DetroitPistonFan
11-29-2010, 03:26 PM
KoME trying to keep Pau from getting that MVP award.:facepalm
As a Kobe hater myself, your post is a failure.

Phong
11-29-2010, 03:28 PM

And probably Gasol was also guilty when the Suns were having a target practice from the perimeter ?What's Hibbert ppg average? Who was responsible for guarding him? Who was completely lost in the last play when Hibbert went for the layup that sealed the game?

When Fisher is getting killed by quick PG and can't buy a shot, everybody blames him. When Pau sucks he should be blamed as well.

What does the Suns game have anything to do with anything here?

crisoner
11-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Gasol needs some rest? Come back Drew!!!!

scm5
11-29-2010, 03:59 PM

And probably Gasol was also guilty when the Suns were having a target practice from the perimeter ?

Actually, it was partly Gasol's fault. It's called defensive rotation, and when it was Gasol's job to rotate and contest, he didn't even leave his feet.

Notice I only said partly. Our defensive rotation was horrible as a team that game.

sayitaintso
11-29-2010, 05:08 PM
If Kobe was hated as much as LeBron, i would say Pau found out that Kobe was banging his brother.

jjayfive
11-29-2010, 05:13 PM
when the lakers lose:

pau is soft
kobe hogs the ball
fisher is old
odom is odumb...

yeaaaman
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't understand when people say Pau is playing the way he is now and not dominating as the "MVP frontrunner" people were claiming him after 10 games because of the excuses that he is tired and playing out of position. I don't think I've ever heard anyone acknowledge Bosh often playing out of position, it's usually he's soft as toilet paper and he sucks, however Pau is a PF and he is tired. It's the NBA, I'm not interested in a long list of excuses for any player. Explanations as to why someone's playing a certain way? Sure, but excuses are just lame, especially for a supposed leading MVP candidate.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying fatigue isn't a factor, I just find it interesting see so many people giving him a pass on that, rather than saying get in better shape etc., which is something that you hear other posters saying when referring to other players. Dwight Howard is on the team plane making jokes and it's "He should be in the gym working on his jumper". Those kind of things are always funny to see how people will post one way for some players and another for others.

raptorfan_dr07
11-29-2010, 07:39 PM
LAclips did have a point in saying Kobe Ball loses games more than it wins games. yet Kobe ******gers would argue this is the only reason Lakers were even in the game. funny enough, these same nutjobs are the same nutjobs that deride Lebron and proclaim to anyone who will bother to listen that Lebron ball never works.

Great post! It's been that way forever. I stated this in another thread that was blaming Ron Artest for losing the game against Utah when it was Kobe who had the critical turnover at the end of the game that allowed the Jazz to go up 98-96. It started off as Del Harris is holding Kobe back/doesn't want to play him. It then became Phil is holding Kobe back, Shaq's ego is too big, the veterans are freezing him out, etc. It then became his team sucks, Kwame is trash, D-League level talent, ship Bynum's @$$ out, etc. It then became Gasol is Gasoft, Fisher is old and sucks, Odom is Odumb, Phil can't coach properly, etc. Always an excuse. I've literally never ever seen something like this where when a team wins, everyone gets credit for it, but when they lose, the star player is absolved of any blame and everyone and the mothers are bashed for making him look bad. It's amazing.

And yes, you're absolutely right, these are the same idiots who rally on and on about how when Lebron's team(Cavs from before, Heat now) loses, people just don't understand that Lebron is the problem and Lebron ball will never win. :rolleyes: The thing is, I agree. Lebron ball will never win anything. Iso ball never does. Yet for some reason when Kobe does it, he's "willing his team to victory" or some BS like that. Ridiculous.

Round Mound
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
What FG% is Kobe Bryant shooting?

How many FGAs PG?

amfirst
11-29-2010, 11:03 PM

R u really that stupid or r u in preschool? Kobe takes over when the team struggles. Of course the Lakers will lose more than win, if only one person is playing well. Now, if everyone is playing good the probability of winning is greater than one person playing well. But if no one is playing well than winning is unlikely. U suggested that Kobe should just continue pass the ball even if it is not working, so they can they self destuct? It's common sense, only a retarded person can't figure it out. THere, i broke it down for a preschooler to understand. :oldlol:

Harion
11-29-2010, 11:35 PM
U suggested that Kobe should just continue pass the ball even if it is not working, so they can they self destuct? It's common sense, only a retarded person can't figure it out. THere, i broke it down for a preschooler to understand. :oldlol:
there's a difference between passing the ball and creating for your teammates
if Kobe is trying to shoot over 2-4 defenders on him, you can bet someone is VERY WIDE OPEN
he's passing it but not really creating for his teammates, so of course that isn't working and his teammates continue to shoot badly

chazzy
11-29-2010, 11:58 PM
I've literally never ever seen something like this where when a team wins, everyone gets credit for it, but when they lose, the star player is absolved of any blame and everyone and the mothers are bashed for making him look bad. It's amazing.
Really.. literally never? What about Lebron? Everyone else got the blame, INCLUDING his mother :oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
11-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Clipsfan,raptorfan & Harion are blinded by kobe hate, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 3 gimmicks monologue, that nonsense would make sense then.

TMacYaoRockets
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Great post! It's been that way forever. I stated this in another thread that was blaming Ron Artest for losing the game against Utah when it was Kobe who had the critical turnover at the end of the game that allowed the Jazz to go up 98-96. It started off as Del Harris is holding Kobe back/doesn't want to play him. It then became Phil is holding Kobe back, Shaq's ego is too big, the veterans are freezing him out, etc. It then became his team sucks, Kwame is trash, D-League level talent, ship Bynum's @$$ out, etc. It then became Gasol is Gasoft, Fisher is old and sucks, Odom is Odumb, Phil can't coach properly, etc. Always an excuse. I've literally never ever seen something like this where when a team wins, everyone gets credit for it, but when they lose, the star player is absolved of any blame and everyone and the mothers are bashed for making him look bad. It's amazing.

And yes, you're absolutely right, these are the same idiots who rally on and on about how when Lebron's team(Cavs from before, Heat now) loses, people just don't understand that Lebron is the problem and Lebron ball will never win. :rolleyes: The thing is, I agree. Lebron ball will never win anything. Iso ball never does. Yet for some reason when Kobe does it, he's "willing his team to victory" or some BS like that. Ridiculous.
Apparently, you don't know what you're talking about.

Harion
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Clipsfan,raptorfan & Harion are blinded by kobe hate, it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 3 gimmicks monologue, that nonsense would make sense then.
lol. i think you're the one blinded by kobe love
it's instantly like that with any kove ******gers
instantly brand the critic a hater and do away with arguing or debating logic. laker fans are good with ad-hominems but not much else.

Apparently, you don't know what you're talking about.
then let's get it from someone who does know what he's talking about, shall we?

The Lakers look to snap their two-game skid. In their last three games, they have averaged just 95.3 points, due mainly to shooting a mere .399 from the floor. Coach Phil Jackson said that’s a byproduct of playing too much individual basketall. “That’s OK when Kobe‘s (Bryant) going great, or Pau‘s (Gasol) going good, if things are happening well for us in the open floor and we’re running well,” Jackson said. “But our transition balance isn't there, our offensive rebounding isn’t there. Those things are created by playing basketball in a system by which we practice and teach.”