PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant fake superstar

OrlandoAnderson
12-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Constantly bricks 3 pt shots , continues to throw them up because he's a "superstar" without a chance in hell of going in ... Russel Westbrook just needs to say to the guy "look you had the 30 pt game streak or whatever it was , nows the time to give me the keys to this offence , you are soft you won't battle in the paint despite your size and you can't hit a jumpshot to save yourself.

StillKill24
12-08-2010, 10:44 PM
creation of david stern. he made sure the refs give him 10 fta per game. truth

MrJohnWall
12-08-2010, 10:47 PM

This
how he shoots more ft then Lebron, Wade and Drose is mind blowing

he make 6-9 shots a game and ends up eith 30 points :oldlol:

15-16 from the line and sh*t

OrlandoAnderson
12-08-2010, 10:47 PM

10 fta? he hasn't even hit 5 mark yet.. and he's missed 50 percent of his free throws... a true superstar hits all his free throws.. especially if its an integral part of his game as you say... he got hyped to early nows it gone to his head.. WestBrook owns this team full stop. no doubt in my mind.

theoneneo
12-08-2010, 10:48 PM
This

Lol Very True...as soon as this game ends imma bring up an old topic of Durant being the best scorer in the Nba:lol

BEAST Griffin
12-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Kevin Durant will be fine.

He's just having a bad start this season.

OrlandoAnderson
12-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Lol Very True...as soon as this game ends imma bring up an old topic of Durant being the best scorer in the Nba:lol

assuming your being sarcastic

if he was the best scorer. a pg wouldn't be torching him in the points department each night. Even with all FTA he can't surpass Westbrook's tally's.

theoneneo
12-08-2010, 10:53 PM
assuming your being sarcastic

if he was the best scorer. a pg wouldn't be torching him in the points department each night. Even with all FTA he can't surpass Westbrook's tally's.
I shoulda put quotation marks around "Best Scorer" Thats wat the kids on this site were saying

Mr Know It All
12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
I always considered him overrated. He's still way below the true superstars of the game and always has been (Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Dirk, etc.)

Hulk Hogan
12-08-2010, 10:56 PM
10 fta? he hasn't even hit 5 mark yet.. and he's missed 50 percent of his free throws... a true superstar hits all his free throws.. especially if its an integral part of his game as you say... he got hyped to early nows it gone to his head.. WestBrook owns this team full stop. no doubt in my mind.

What are you talking about? Durant is a 93% freethrow shooter

OrlandoAnderson
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM
you watching the game,

also notice how OKC can not score with durant on the floor and westbrook off... its like watching Jerry Stackhouse playing for a contract

OrlandoAnderson
12-08-2010, 11:09 PM
everyone witnessing BEAST MODE - WESTBROOK 4 QUARTER

Al Thornton
12-08-2010, 11:12 PM
i still don't understand how he shoots so many free throws. he doesn't go into the paint at all. how is he getting fouled?

305Baller
12-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Yes! The haters have risen even though Durant tried his best to seem perfect!!! Hahaa

DeronMillsap
12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
i still don't understand how he shoots so many free throws. he doesn't go into the paint at all. how is he getting fouled?
A lot of ticky tack fouls.

YouCallILose
12-08-2010, 11:21 PM
wow a lot of idiots in this thread

Durant's eFG% last season and the year before was 51.4% which is elite for his position. Combine that with the fact he's the best FT shooter in the game and you have the most efficient scorer in a long time

Kobe was at 48.8% last year and Wade was 50.0%. LeBron was at 53% but he's a horrible FT shooter. Dirk 49.8% Melo 47.8% etc.

Glide2keva
12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Nobody but stat nerds care about those dumb, advanced stats that don't really reflect what's going on on the floor.

YouCallILose
12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Nobody but stat nerds care about those dumb, advanced stats that don't really reflect what's going on on the floor.

Yes because eFG% is a dumb advanced stat

hey tard boy, 3's count for 3 points not 2 so they should be scaled to show for it

last time I checked shooting 45% from 3 was much more efficient than shooting 48% from 2

OrlandoAnderson
12-08-2010, 11:36 PM

hey tard boy, 3's count for 3 points not 2 so they should be scaled to show for it

last time I checked shooting 45% from 3 was much more efficient than shooting 48% from 2

your presence is not welcome , nor is your silly little stat sheets from wiki

50inchvertical
12-08-2010, 11:39 PM
How do you figure he never goes in the paint? He has dunked more than anybody at his position.

Also hilarious to start this thread on a night he has 30-11-6 and leads the Thunder's huge comeback that saw them outscore Minnesota 91-63 over the last 3 quarters. He hit a few big 3s in a row that gave us the lead initially and keep pushing the Wolves back down every time they;d try to come back

Next time wait til the game is over

jimmyzegg
12-08-2010, 11:47 PM
How do you figure he never goes in the paint? He has dunked more than anybody at his position.

Also hilarious to start this thread on a night he has 30-11-6 and leads the Thunder's huge comeback that saw them outscore Minnesota 91-63 over the last 3 quarters. He hit a few big 3s in a row that gave us the lead initially and keep pushing the Wolves back down every time they;d try to come back

Next time wait til the game is over

This. It's hilarious when people say he just takes jumpshots and never gets legitimately fouled. The reason he is turning the ball over so much is because he tries to go to the hole often and loses his handle on the ball.

StillKill24
12-08-2010, 11:52 PM
your presence is not welcome , nor is your silly little stat sheets from wiki

fixed the size

Rose
12-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Russy=OKC's franchise.

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 12:14 AM
the funny thing is that as poorly as durant has played to start the season, he is absolutely dominating 4th quarters

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Ok so Durant handled business tonight .. but his stats Do NoT reflect the way he played ... and had he scored 50-60 points his team would have lost without the help of Russ.

Consider this ,

In stretches of the game OKC were down by 16 -20 points and then ? WestBrook happens... back to 5-6 point game.. coach takes him out puts kd on ... WOW back to a 16 point lead because Superstar Prince Durant has to find his non existent jumper ...(3/7 from beyond)Coach puts Westbrook back in , the guy does not hesitate he just goes for the kill , pull up jumper, drives to the basket - OKC running again..

BankShot
12-09-2010, 12:22 AM

A "bad start" is still leading the league in scoring :roll:

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 12:23 AM
ok guy, you want to talk about OKC in stretches without Durant?

go look at that third quarter vs the bulls the other night

or the game vs milwaukee or the 4th vs boston or the game vs toronto

OKC is a 30 win team without Durant

There is a reason Durant the highest on/off in the league last year and has one of the 5 highest to start this season despite struggling. OKC's offense is complete GARBAGE without him

50inchvertical
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Ok so Durant handled business tonight .. but his stats Do NoT reflect the way he played ... and had he scored 50-60 points his team would have lost without the help of Russ.

Consider this ,

In stretches of the game OKC were down by 16 -20 points and then ? WestBrook happens... back to 5-6 point game.. coach takes him out puts kd on ... WOW back to a 16 point lead because Superstar Prince Durant has to find his non existent jumper ...(3/7 from beyond)Coach puts Westbrook back in , the guy does not hesitate he just goes for the kill , pull up jumper, drives to the basket - OKC running again..
Um, KD averages 40 minutes a game and Russ plays 37. There's not much time 1 is on the court and the other isn't. You make it sound like they are always played mutually exclusive of each other, and thus further cement yourself as a dumbass. Furthermore, we lost the Chicago game because Scott Brooks benched KD the entire 3rd, which turns out was on purpose to send a message to him and Green.

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 12:28 AM
ok guy, you want to talk about OKC in stretches without Durant?

go look at that third quarter vs the bulls the other night

or the game vs milwaukee or the 4th vs boston or the game vs toronto

OKC is a 30 win team without Durant

There is a reason Durant the highest on/off in the league last year and has one of the 5 highest to start this season despite struggling. OKC's offense is complete GARBAGE without him

quit riding Durant's dyck , look i know it seems to be in fashion with the refs /officials / david stern doing it day in day out, but please, this is a thread for Russ and his beastly performances that have kept OKC alive. Where was durant when they beat Boston , PUNK? I think he was resting his skeletal legs that seem to always fail him when he drives to the hole... unlike Russel BeastBrook whose been playing like a G.O.A.T... now you better not be an okc fan because if you are , you should be appreciating someone who could quite be the best point guard in the league.. and if you want your thunder to make the playoffs - westbrook says hi

EDIT: go look at your little stat sheets properly ... whenever durant beasts the okc lose
BIG L

i have no idea how KD is 27ppg, guessing that has somthing to do with his "Michael Farking Jordan" free throw attempts.

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 12:31 AM
quit riding Durant's dyck , look i know it seems to be in fashion with the refs /officials / david stern doing it day in day out, but please, this is a thread for Russ and his beastly performances that have kept OKC alive. Where was durant when they beat Boston , PUNK? I think he was resting his skeletal legs that seem to always fail him when he drives to the hole... unlike Russel BeastBrook whose been playing like a G.O.A.T... now you better not be an okc fan because if you are , you should be appreciating someone who could quite be the best point guard in the league.. and if you want your thunder to make the playoffs - westbrook says hi

Ya ok. I guess that's why Westbrook is shooting 36% for his career in games without Durant and his assist-to ratio is 1.2 compared to 2.1 with Durant

OKC's offense with Durant 116.2 Points per 100 possessions. OKC's offense without Durant 99.4 Points per 100 possessions. Net +16.8

That's #1 in the NBA and the only other player close to that impact is Dirk

The other night when he sat out the 3rd vs the Bulls OKC scored 12 points as a team

During the 4th quarter alone he scored 15 points by himself when he came back in

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Um, KD averages 40 minutes a game and Russ plays 37. There's not much time 1 is on the court and the other isn't. You make it sound like they are always played mutually exclusive of each other, and thus further cement yourself as a dumbass. Furthermore, we lost the Chicago game because Scott Brooks benched KD the entire 3rd, which turns out was on purpose to send a message to him and Green.

YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH , dude i'm watching the games i watched OKC last 3 games ... and Durant is overrated Sorry buddy, just face it.. theres a new sheriff in town, ya'll know his name.

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 12:45 AM
30/11 for Durant tonight, but damn another 20/20 game for Kevin Love.

NorthernTouch
12-09-2010, 12:46 AM
For those complaining about Durant getting to the line too much...Hes averaging 9.3 FTA where Westbrook is only slightly behind at 8.9...
Also Westbrook is shooting 43% from the field...How is he doing so much better than KD? lol

YouCallILose
YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH , dude i'm watching the games i watched OKC last 3 games ... and Durant is overrated Sorry buddy, just face it.. theres a new sheriff in town, ya'll know his name.

Good to know you've been watching those last 3 games buddy

Westbrook: 19.6 ppg 5 rpg 9.3 apg 38.8 eFG% 18 FGA

Durant: 29 ppg 7.7 rpg 3.0 apg 50.9 eFG% 19 FGA

happy to see westbrook is averaging 10 less ppg on 1 less FGA

OrlandoAnderson

AHAHA , u don't even know your stats , please stop contradicting yourself it's quite painful to watch almost as much as a grown man coming on the boards to defend his daddy(kD)

Kd has shot terrible this year , stats >
g mins fgm-a fg% 3pm-a 3pt%
18 39.9 157-373 .421 25-94 .266 155-168 .923 0.9 5.9 6.8 1.17 1.11 3.33 1.94 2.7 27.4

Why are you protecting him , he needs to cop it , look at this shytt.. Westbrook is creating for durant aswell as beasting because he has too, god damn durant can't hit 3 to save himself. 26percet from 3pt land lolol i'd take Amare Stoudemire 3pt skills over that...

and now i guess your going to put up the arguement that durant isn't a 3pt shooter? thats not his game? Why almost 100 attempts with only 25 made? my god if Paul Pierce was doing this for my team i would show him the door straight away .

kentatm
12-09-2010, 12:48 AM
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/lorcy/troll7.gif

branslowski
12-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Good to know you've been watching those last 3 games buddy

Westbrook: 19.6 ppg 5 rpg 9.3 apg 38.8 eFG% 18 FGA

Durant: 29 ppg 7.7 rpg 3.0 apg 50.9 eFG% 19 FGA

happy to see westbrook is averaging 10 less ppg on 1 less FGA

Yo, OrlandoAnderson....He pretty muched just owned you with this post..

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Yo, OrlandoAnderson....He pretty muched just owned you with this post..

i never said russ could score more , i'm just saying he's more productive , if Kevin Durant left the team tommorow , Okc wouldn't be hurting they'd still make the playoffs jeez how can anyone agree with this guy he's just looking up stats, wow u made a revelation , Durant scores 10ppg more then Westbrook, How many games has Westbrook played compared to KD get me that stat you little dyckkwerm stat boy. also get me his 3pt percentage and his apg. compare Beastbrooks apg. thats what i thought you little parrot

Grey Dawn
12-09-2010, 12:58 AM
Thread of desperate hate.
/thread

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 01:01 AM
intense hate

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 01:02 AM
26 % from 3pt

Kevin Durant MVP

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey Orlando, want to know what Durant was shooting from 3 last year through December 8th?

24.8%

want to know what he shot the rest of the season?

42.3%

StillKill24
12-09-2010, 01:08 AM
durant 2.7 apg and 3.3 turnovers per game :oldlol:

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 01:09 AM
durant 2.7 apg and 3.3 turnovers per game :oldlol:

ok..he doesn't dominate the basketball, your point?

if he sat on the ball like lebron he would average at least 5 apg

notice how wade's assists have gone to complete shit since lebron joined the team. welcome to being forced to play off the basketball.

StillKill24
12-09-2010, 01:17 AM
if he would dominate the ball like lebron he would average 5 assists and 7 turnovers per game. pretty much a fact

Faberg
12-09-2010, 01:28 AM
KD just came back off a knee injury. :oldlol: @ these haters.

OrlandoAnderson
12-09-2010, 01:28 AM
ok..he doesn't dominate the basketball, your point?

if he sat on the ball like lebron he would average at least 5 apg

notice how wade's assists have gone to complete shit since lebron joined the team. welcome to being forced to play off the basketball.

IcallYouLose

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:34 AM
30/11/7 .. Naa, he's not a superstar :oldlol:

juju151111
12-09-2010, 01:40 AM
the funny thing is that as poorly as durant has played to start the season, he is absolutely dominating 4th quarters
No he isn't u lying sack of shit. Westbrook dominates the 4th Q mostly. I say Durant has taken over like 2 or 3 times and the rest has been brick city. Westbrook is the one who always gets the clutch jumoer or rebound/stl. I have watched almsot all their games this year. Stop ur BS. Durant has not shown to be a clutch player then westbrook. Now ur saying Durants a good passer? Thier is no limit to ur BS

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:43 AM
He's playing poorly and scoring 27 per game, yeees !

chazzy
12-09-2010, 02:15 AM
Chill on the Durant hate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XvJYmyxrg

Give me a :basketball :party:

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Chill on the Durant hate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XvJYmyxrg

Give me a :basketball :party:
:applause:

KG215
12-09-2010, 02:40 AM
40 min, 11/23 2PT, 3/7 3P, 5/6 FT, 30 pts, 11 reb, 6 asts

Man....he sure dose suck.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
12-09-2010, 03:17 AM
The crap that annoys me is the cheap 4-8 extra fta he gets. I know theres no rule against it but it's the play where the defender is reaching then the other guy attentionally swings through on there arm then jumps like he was going to shoot. I know Kobe use to do it atleast once a game back then but now guys like Durant and KevMart are taking advantage*notice the big fta avg*.

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 03:23 AM
The crap that annoys me is the cheap 4-8 extra fta he gets. I know theres no rule against it but it's the play where the defender is reaching then the other guy attentionally swings through on there arm then jumps like he was going to shoot. I know Kobe use to do it atleast once a game back then but now guys like Durant and KevMart are taking advantage*notice the big fta avg*.

you do whatever it takes to win. if he's getting the call then he would be an idiot not to take advantage of it. the guy is the best FT shooter in the league...durant @ the line=2 free points

yeaaaman
12-09-2010, 03:24 AM
40 min, 11/23 2PT, 3/7 3P, 5/6 FT, 30 pts, 11 reb, 6 asts

Man....he sure dose suck.

Yea this thread might be over the top but I don't really care what his stats are, just by watching him play I think he's overrated. At least when he came in as the MVP favorite. Doesn't make sense to me watching his game. That doesn't mean he's not a good player.

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 03:32 AM
Yea this thread might be over the top but I don't really care what his stats are, just by watching him play I think he's overrated. At least when he came in as the MVP favorite. Doesn't make sense to me watching his game. That doesn't mean he's not a good player.

what more do you want him to do? seriously..he's a very good defender, he's the most efficient scorer in the league(or at least he is when he's on), he leads the league in scoring, he's the best rebounder at his position(gerald wallace=PF for charlotte), and he's the only guy in the league to average 1 3Pm, 1 block, and 1 steal per game since the beginning of the 09-10 season.

what else do you want? he's never going to average 5+ assists per game because he doesn't dominate the ball like lebron, kobe, or wade. in turn that allows his PG to maximize his ability.

yeaaaman
12-09-2010, 03:51 AM
what more do you want him to do? seriously..he's a very good defender, he's the most efficient scorer in the league(or at least he is when he's on), he leads the league in scoring, he's the best rebounder at his position(gerald wallace=PF for charlotte), and he's the only guy in the league to average 1 3Pm, 1 block, and 1 steal per game since the beginning of the 09-10 season.

what else do you want? he's never going to average 5+ assists per game because he doesn't dominate the ball like lebron, kobe, or wade. in turn that allows his PG to maximize his ability.

I don't know, judging by the way he plays he doesn't seem to have the ability to average 5+ assists per game so thats irrelevant anyways. At the end of the day, I think he takes too many bad shots, he doesn't get good balance on his jumper, and it just seems like he's flinging them up at times when he could trust his teammates more. I made a thread about this earlier and a Thunder fan told me that he usually hits those shots and is that confident in himself. Well good for him, really, they just don't seem like good shots to me.

When I think of MVP I think of someone who really dominates the game. You know how people said Howard's limited offense was going to stop him from getting a title? I just feel the same way about Durants game as it is now, he's not well rounded enough. Obviously he can get better and he's on a young team, but I dunno, I think he's a bit of a chucker in the nicest way possible. And no I don't think he's the most efficient scorer in the league. And I'm also sure Carmelo is outrebounding him this year, if your talking about pure numbers. If you're talking about rebounding ability I have at least Lebron and Wallace over him, who is a small forward, doesn't Diaw start at 4?

Anyways, I'm saying this admitting I don't watch him a ton, but I certainly haven't been left with the impression that this guy could will win the MVP when I do watch him. Then again he has impressed me from time to time and shown flashes of where I think he can take his ability, but I don't see it right now.

Basically, he's a nice player but not a leading MVP candidate in my book, and I'm speaking in general terms of him as a player. That's how I think he's overrated, when people have him as a leader in the MVP discussion or one of the best players in the league.

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Kobe won an MVP and he shoots garbage percentages in comparison to Durant on average

LeBron's eFG% years 1-3 were all lower than Durant's years 1-3

The only players last decade to average 28+ with an eFG% of 51%+ were Durant, Shaq, LeBron, and Wade. Durant did it when he was 21 the others were all in their primes.

He is not even close to inefficient..just lol @ that

He takes bad shots..so does LeBron, Kobe, Wade, etc. The difference is that Durant is far and away the best player in the game when it comes to making contested shots. His percentage is even higher than Kobe and Dirk's

as for rebounding, this season is 20 games old. Melo has gone from 9.3 rpg to 8.0 rpg in the last 2 weeks. You really see him staying around 8 all season when he has never done that before? Durant was 2nd in the league among SF's in rebounding last year behind Gerald Wallace who is essentially the PF for the Bobcats since Diaw plays point forward.

trig
12-09-2010, 04:23 AM

he's runs around like korver, and get gazillion calls. that plus westbrook running over the opponent = penalty = more free throws

while drose can get hit in the face, bump by centers, no call.

only in the nba

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 05:24 AM
he's runs around like korver, and get gazillion calls. that plus westbrook running over the opponent = penalty = more free throws

while drose can get hit in the face, bump by centers, no call.

only in the nba

Since he only runs around like Korver just curious..how is he 2nd in the NBA in dunks per game behind only Griffin?

laronprofit9
12-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Tracy McGrady was still considered a Superstar when he won the scoring title in 2004.

Despite scoring 28ppg on like 42% shooting.

A.I. was considerd a superstar in the early 2000s. Despite scoring 31ppg on 40% shooting.

Durant is not a fake superstar

trig
12-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Since he only runs around like Korver just curious..how is he 2nd in the NBA in dunks per game behind only Griffin?

you can run around through a bunch of screens, catch the ball, drive to the basket. Also, OKC plays the passing lanes well with their length so they get a lot of fast break pts. KD can play no doubt and the coach is pretty good. Im just answering how he is getting a ton of star calls just like other(most) stars in the nba

PrimeJohnnyDepp
12-09-2010, 05:45 AM
DuBrick. DuPippen.

50inchvertical
12-09-2010, 12:30 PM
you can run around through a bunch of screens, catch the ball, drive to the basket. Also, OKC plays the passing lanes well with their length so they get a lot of fast break pts. KD can play no doubt and the coach is pretty good. Im just answering how he is getting a ton of star calls just like other(most) stars in the nba
We actually don't get tons of steals, 22nd in the league. You're just guessing now trying to overcompensate for the fact you are talking out of your anus. And of course, "drive to the basket," is 100% antonymous to "shooting jumpers around screens" and "Kyle Korver," so again you prove your own self wrong. Most of his buckets last night, particular the big 3s he hit, involved him bringing the ball up himself and going right into the scoring play, on the 3s it was just a hesitation pullup from deep.

az00m
12-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Durant gets some shady calls, more than wade did.

He just shoots until he has 25+ points.

YouCallILose
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Durant gets some shady calls, more than wade did.

He just shoots until he has 25+ points.

which would explain why he has more than 27 FGA in 4 games during his 4 year career

8BeastlyXOIAD
12-09-2010, 05:36 PM
:lol :lol :lol @ this thread

Harrison_Barnes
12-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Just because Westbrooke has been playing great lately.. doesn't mean he deserves to get all the hype your giving him. Its pretty clear that Durant is still the best player on OKC.

nompton
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mmBw3uzPnJI/S_5HXcpLekI/AAAAAAABShE/w5JW8u_2j4g/s1600/Haters_Gonna_Hate_23.jpg

hoopaddict08
12-09-2010, 10:15 PM
The kid just turned 22 in September. Give me a break. I don't see Lebron sinking every 3 pointer and every mid-range jumper, neither does Wade. So I guess their fake superstars too?

50inchvertical
12-09-2010, 11:18 PM
I don't agree with him on everything, but I think it's hilarious how people keep coming in with a totally unfounded opinion or untrue facts, get shut down by myself or Joyner, and then you don't see them again. . At least get some googling in and double check so you don't embarrass yourself.

trig
12-09-2010, 11:39 PM
We actually don't get tons of steals, 22nd in the league. You're just guessing now trying to overcompensate for the fact you are talking out of your anus. And of course, "drive to the basket," is 100% antonymous to "shooting jumpers around screens" and "Kyle Korver," so again you prove your own self wrong. Most of his buckets last night, particular the big 3s he hit, involved him bringing the ball up himself and going right into the scoring play, on the 3s it was just a hesitation pullup from deep.

keyword there is "last night". What people here is saying is on nights that he cant hit his outside shots, refs bail him out and give him a ton of shady calls and get a ton of free throws.

I dont agree that he's a fake superstar. imo he's a superstar but slightly below wade, lebron, kobe. But @ 22yrs old, he's damn good

Ikill
12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
keyword there is "last night". What people here is saying is on nights that he cant hit his outside shots, refs bail him out and give him a ton of shady calls and get a ton of free throws.

I dont agree that he's a fake superstar. imo he's a superstar but slightly below wade, lebron, kobe. But @ 22yrs old, he's damn good
he's also worse than Melo Deron CP3 Dirk Amare i would say he's on Rose Gasol Westbrook level.

50inchvertical
12-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Chris Paul? Blah. Dude is surviving off his reputation. He's actually pretty mediocre in terms of top pgs this yr, and especially in head to heads. I wish I remembered that stat of how many games this yr he only score 5 in the 2nd half.

amsmelly
12-10-2010, 03:13 PM
lol at this thread. Bunch of haters can't appreciate basketball skills. lol at ignorants complaining about shit they can't understand: 'how does he shoot so many FT, he doesn't attrack the rim all the time like my hero LBJ!??refs suck!!':cry: well, retard, how about you watch some games and learn how he does it instead of coming up with some stupid BS that only agenda-driven morons like you would believe?

Maybe if he had a real PG playing for him instead of Russell Mefirst Westbrick and a backcourt that can actually hit a jumpshot he would be getting the open looks. :facepalm

YouCallILose
12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I just love it. Durant isn't on Melo's level yet he has put up stats these past 3 years that CRUSH Melo. It's not even close.

IKill might be the dumbest poster on this site, I truly feel sorry for him.

the shit durant is getting these days is just hilarious. he goes 7-18 scoring 29 points and he gets bashed. melo went 4-20 the other night and noone said a word. LeBron goes 8-21, nothing. Kobe 8-27? still nothing

it's a joke

amsmelly
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I just love it. Durant isn't on Melo's level yet he has put up stats these past 3 years that CRUSH Melo. It's not even close.

the shit durant is getting these days is just hilarious. he goes 7-18 scoring 29 points and he gets bashed. melo went 4-20 the other night and noone said a word. LeBron goes 8-21, nothing. Kobe 8-27? still nothing

it's a joke
It's just the stupid perception they have, and it won't change since they don't even bother watching games. Out of 82 games every player with enough minutes will have both very good and very bad games. All this morons do is nitpick those bad games, or not even bad games but they'll judge them as such, from the players they want to diminish and try to get fellow morons to believe their crap, while they actually don't a have a fekking clue what they're talking about. It's sad but you can't expect people who are stupid enough to worship a$$holes like Lebron to somehow be reasonable and admit they're wrong about something.

bigdog13
12-10-2010, 05:09 PM
This

can't we say the same thing about Kobe?

8-27
7-16
8-18
10-21
etc and
10 to 13 trips to the line.

NBASTATMAN
12-10-2010, 05:12 PM

He started off slow last year as well..

NBASTATMAN
12-10-2010, 05:13 PM

it's a joke

:applause: :rockon:

YouCallILose
12-10-2010, 05:13 PM
He started off slow last year as well..

He started off 2008-09 just like this as well

last season he was shooting 24% from 3 mid december and he shot 41% the rest of the year including 55% in january

this year will be no different and the only reason his FG% blows is because he's been missing 3's. Since November he's shooting 50% on 2 point FG's. If you give him his usual 40%~ on 3's he's right at 48% which is fine.

once his shot gets on he'll be shooting 50% from the field, just like he did the last 55 games of last season.

bigdog13
12-10-2010, 05:17 PM
people want him to have a shooting % like Amare, .553 in order to be a star.

Ikill
12-10-2010, 05:20 PM

it's a joke
You care way too much about stats Melo and Amare are better players than Durant

YouCallILose
12-10-2010, 05:21 PM
people want him to have a shooting % like Amare, .553 in order to be a star.

Well for 1 Amare doesn't take 3's

and 2 Amare doesn't shoot 92% from the line

YouCallILose
12-10-2010, 05:22 PM
You care way too much about stats Melo and Amare are better players than Durant

So lets see

Stats don't matter
Impact on the game in terms of on court/off court production don't matter

what does matter?

Ikill
12-10-2010, 05:34 PM
So lets see

Stats don't matter
Impact on the game in terms of on court/off court production don't matter

what does matter?
Stats matter but to you best stats equal best player like 25 ppg on 45% is not a big difference from 30 and 50% if your actually watching the game. Too many things that have nothing to do with the player can influence their stats.

brisbaneman
10-17-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm not going to say he's a bad player but he's currently the most forced and underwhelming 'superstar' in the NBA.

SunsCaptain
10-17-2011, 04:01 AM
OP says Durant cant shoot. Now im not a big Durant fan but here are the facts:

Durant 46/36/88

Kobe 45/34/84

:facepalm

OmniStrife
10-17-2011, 04:29 AM
Constantly bricks 3 pt shots , continues to throw them up because he's a "superstar" without a chance in hell of going in ... Russel Westbrook just needs to say to the guy "look you had the 30 pt game streak or whatever it was , nows the time to give me the keys to this offence , you are soft you won't battle in the paint despite your size and you can't hit a jumpshot to save yourself.

Stopped reading there... :roll:

greensborohill
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm curious about this. I wanna see how his career and his tenure alongside Westty plays out. I wasn't overly impressed with him in the WCF, he looked just as scared and undemonstrative as LBJ did in the Finals. Be curious to see which of the two ends up as the Alpha (kinda the same story in Miami).

rodman91
10-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Stopped reading there... :roll:
:applause:

Cowboy Thunder
01-21-2014, 11:28 PM
word