PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets are ready to trade Carmelo Anthony

Nets fan 93
12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE]Ken Berger reports that the Nuggets are finally ready to trade Carmelo Anthony and suggests that the Nets remain an option for the three-time All-Star.

According to Berger, "the Nuggets have decided they would like to receive the best possible package of young players and are not interested in stopgap options that would hamper their flexibility." That, he says, could put the Nets in the lead position: "A package of 2010 No. 4 pick Derrick Favors, guard Devin Harris, the expiring contract of Kris Humphries and two first-round picks remains the most attractive option to the Nuggets, sources say".

As for whether 'Melo would be willing to sign a $65 million extension with New Jersey, Berger writes, "sources who have been in close contact with the power brokers in Anthony

UtahJazzFan88
12-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Why would the Nuggets want Devin Harris? Do they plan on getting rid of Lawson or Billups? :oldlol: Other than that, good deal I guess.

DRoseOwnsACamry
12-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Fifth seed.

Sarcastic
12-08-2010, 11:24 PM
So the Nets are going to rent him for a few months?

magnax1
12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Why would the Nuggets want Devin Harris? Do they plan on getting rid of Lawson or Billups? :oldlol: Other than that, good deal I guess.
No reason to keep Billups if they're getting rid of Melo. They'd probably send him to another team in the deal, or send him to some other team for a bag of chips.

Yeah, like 60 or 72.

icewill36
12-08-2010, 11:27 PM
i cant see any reason at all for melo to sign an extension with the nets if they trade away harris.

nets arent that far from the 8th seed and with harris, melo, and lopez they should certainly be able to make a push.... but without harris they are a lottery team.

melo is probably lookin at the knicks and lickin his chops....

Lebron23
12-08-2010, 11:27 PM
The Eastern Conference just keep getting better if the Nets acquires Carmelo Anthony.

TheMiz
12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
He should go to Dallas though.. I wonder how good Dirk/Melo would be.

TDPrime2030
12-08-2010, 11:30 PM
He should go to the Lakers.

TheMiz
12-08-2010, 11:33 PM
He should go to the Lakers.

Yeah, because that's exactly what they need, ANOTHER ball hogging shot chucker. Kobe is bad enough.

UtahJazzFan88
12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
He should go to Dallas though.. I wonder how good Dirk/Melo would be.

I don't think that would work very well honestly, even though Dirk is a PF, both have kinda conflicting types of style.

Nets fan 93
12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
That's what I was thinking untill I saw no 4. pick Derrick Favors... he was the 3rd pick. not 4th... whoever wrote that article isnt too bright... Den would probably want Murphy's expirer

Sarcastic
12-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Knicks and Bulls are the only teams I can see Melo wanting to go to, unless he decides he is willing to go to a small market and can get a trade to Orlando.

Melo + Howard would be freaking scary.

WhySoInsecure?
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Knicks and Bulls are the only teams I can see Melo wanting to go to, unless he decides he is willing to go to a small market and can get a trade to Orlando.

Orlando has 0 assets.

I'd give up Curry/Gallo/Randolph for Melo

NuggetsFan
12-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Knicks fans need to seriously give it up. Any time NJ is mentioned they completely rule it out despite what sources have said. We get it, NY is the favorable location but it's not the only one.

Like I said in the other threads. NJ\Denver deal was pretty much a go correct earlier on. Denver backed out because they weren't ready. The first thing EVERY single team is going to ask is, will Melo sign the extension. Nobody is giving up anything if he doesn't. If Melo was completely against the idea than the talks would have stopped along time ago. NJ wouldn't be being mentioned as much as they have been. If Melo shot down the first deal with NJ than that would have been it.

NJ is a realistic option and probably the best option for Denver. No idea why Denver would want Harris? Move him later on for another player? Lawson is really looking like the future at the point.

Upset Denver waited tho. Should have either broken the team up from the get go or decided to make one last run. Right now were basically get meaningless wins and once Melo goes will fall into the medicore range where there's no playoffs\1st round exit and no high draft pick. Rather dump Melo now and head for the lottery.

BarberSchool
12-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Carmelo and another nugget for Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, and CJ Watson.....

Sarcastic
12-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Knicks fans need to seriously give it up. Any time NJ is mentioned they completely rule it out despite what sources have said. We get it, NY is the favorable location but it's not the only one.

Like I said in the other threads. NJ\Denver deal was pretty much a go correct earlier on. Denver backed out because they weren't ready. The first thing EVERY single team is going to ask is, will Melo sign the extension. Nobody is giving up anything if he doesn't. If Melo was completely against the idea than the talks would have stopped along time ago. NJ wouldn't be being mentioned as much as they have been. If Melo shot down the first deal with NJ than that would have been it.

NJ is a realistic option and probably the best option for Denver. No idea why Denver would want Harris? Move him later on for another player? Lawson is really looking like the future at the point.

Upset Denver waited tho. Should have either broken the team up from the get go or decided to make one last run. Right now were basically get meaningless wins and once Melo goes will fall into the medicore range where there's no playoffs\1st round exit and no high draft pick. Rather dump Melo now and head for the lottery.

NJ is a realistic option for Denver, but it is not a realistic option for Melo. He is not going to resign with them if they gut their team. He is not going to extend if the only person there is Brook Lopez. That's career suicide for him.

PowerGlove
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
:oldlol:

Knick fans are beyond delusional, I'm trying to think of big name free agent that wasn't destined to be a Knick.

NuggetsFan
12-08-2010, 11:56 PM
NJ is a realistic option for Denver, but it is not a realistic option for Melo. He is not going to resign with them if they gut their team. He is not going to extend if the only person there is Brook Lopez. That's career suicide for him.

Devin Harris most likely won't be involved. I'm seriously asking why NJ wouldn't be ruled out by now than? They were pretty close to finishing a deal. You seriously can't think NJ got that far without getting assurance Melo would re-sign right?. If Melo didn't want to go to NJ they would have been ruled out from the get go. There's a reason why there's speculation. It's not like people are making this up. A deal almost went down earlier on in the year. Denver's not going to wait 20 minutes before they sign off on it and be like oh ya Melo isn't re-signing and NJ is like uhh we forgot to ask. NJ will build around Lopez\Melo. First thing on the table will be inking an extension before anything else is talked about. Also it's been documented that Denver's new GM and Melo have kept the lines open and have been talking quite abit. Was talked about again tonight by Melo himself. You kinda gotta assume they've talked about realistic idea's.

Not saying he's going to Jersey. They've got a good shot tho. Esp with the way Melo's playing as of late. As time goes on I don't think he'll want to risk leaving all that money lying there. Esp with a chance of a lockout. Denver's got some leverage with that and if he wants a change than he might have to settle for a place like NJ.

SevereUpInHere
12-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Has Favors shown any promise this year? Haven't actually caught any games. I guess I'm asking if he's worth more now than before the season, or less.

I'm sure that package is better than anything we will offer Denver, Curry's expirer, Ranpolph's looks like hot trash and now there is no way i see us giving up both Chandler and Gallo. If Melo agrees to the extension with NJ I don't see any way the deal doesn't get done. I really feel like that was why the deal didn't happen last time though.

Sarcastic
12-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Devin Harris most likely won't be involved. I'm seriously asking why NJ wouldn't be ruled out by now than? They were pretty close to finishing a deal. You seriously can't think NJ got that far without getting assurance Melo would re-sign right?. If Melo didn't want to go to NJ they would have been ruled out from the get go. There's a reason why there's speculation. It's not like people are making this up. A deal almost went down earlier on in the year. Denver's not going to wait 20 minutes before they sign off on it and be like oh ya Melo isn't re-signing and NJ is like uhh we forgot to ask. NJ will build around Lopez\Melo. First thing on the table will be inking an extension before anything else is talked about. Also it's been documented that Denver's new GM and Melo have kept the lines open and have been talking quite abit. Was talked about again tonight by Melo himself. You kinda gotta assume they've talked about realistic idea's.

Not saying he's going to Jersey. They've got a good shot tho. Esp with the way Melo's playing as of late. As time goes on I don't think he'll want to risk leaving all that money lying there. Esp with a chance of a lockout. Denver's got some leverage with that and if he wants a change than he might have to settle for a place like NJ.

If Harris isn't part of the deal, Melo will probably accept. If they lose him, he is not going to sign. Simple as that.

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 12:00 AM
If Harris isn't part of the deal, Melo will probably accept. If they lose him, he is not going to sign. Simple as that.

Well I'm not even sure why Denver would want Harris to be honest. Lawson\AA is looking like the future starting backcourt. You already have Billups. There's really no need for him. Unless Denver just wanted to stockpile talent and make some moves at the deadline.

Either way I just want Melo gone and for something to happen. Either stay and sign the extension or trade his ass this week.

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 12:03 AM
I really feel like that was why the deal didn't happen last time though.

I remember reading it was Denver who backed out on the 4way trade and got cold feet. They wanted to bring him to camp because he was away from the team and the organization all summer.

Good question about Favors tho. He has to be one of the youngest bigs in the league at 19 and his measurements seem to look really pretty. Think he's putting up like 7\5 or something tho. Seen a few games and he just looks like a raw athletic big who can rebound the ball well. Maybe a Jersey fan can chime in tho.

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Would you accept this:

1 Gallo or Chandler - take your pick
2 Landry Fields
3 Curry

Rose
12-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I don't get why the Knicks would trade something for Melo, unless they knew the Nets were close to getting him. Because it sounds like he's almost certainly heading to New York.

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Would you accept this:

1 Gallo or Chandler - take your pick
2 Landry Fields
3 Curry

Push comes to shove? Ya. If it get's to the point where Melo HAS to go and he's declining places left right and center than I'd take it. When you think about it Gallo\Fields isn't that bad for a superstar pushing his way out. I just really like the thought of developing Favors and taking the risk with him + getting the picks.

stephanieg
12-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I hope they trade him so Berri can have another "told you so" article.

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 12:09 AM
I don't get why the Knicks would trade something for Melo, unless they knew the Nets were close to getting him. Because it sounds like he's almost certainly heading to New York.

Correct me if I'm wrong here cause I very well could be but isn't this extension the most possible money Melo can get?. Plus through in the risk of a lockout\injury him continuing in his slump(probably wouldn't effect it) I'm sure it's also in Melo best interest to take the extension and force his way out. Plus can't the CBA change next year meaning different contracts?.

Who knows so far really doesn't seem like he gives two shits about the money.

WhySoInsecure?
12-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Because they If they get him this season they would be right there with the heat as the 2nd best team in the east behind the celtics.

If we're going to sign him in the summer we'll have to let chandler, turiaf and azubuike walk. I'd much rather give up gallo and some draft picks, make some noise in the playoffs and keep Will/Turiaf.

BlazersDozen
12-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Ok, so everybody says Melo is heading to New York...but don't forget that the Nets are also and Melo with Harris and Lopez is IMO just as good as the Knicks right now.

hawkfan
12-09-2010, 12:18 AM

Billups would probably get moved and the Nuggets go into full rebuilding mode.

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Ok, so everybody says Melo is heading to New York...but don't forget that the Nets are also and Melo with Harris and Lopez is IMO just as good as the Knicks right now.

Felton + Amar'e >>> Harris + Lopez

SevereUpInHere
12-09-2010, 12:24 AM

I'm sorry but there is no way you can say that the Nets are as good as we are this year. Not based on potential or current form.

Unless you are saying Nets with Melo are as good as us i can maybe agree. Although I don't see why Denver would pull the trigger without getting Harris...

WhySoInsecure?
12-09-2010, 12:24 AM
which is nothing special.

Before the season started I though Lopez could be the 2nd best center in the league but he has been noting but a disappointment. The guy is soft, sucks on defense and doesn't rebound.
And outside of Lopez/Harris they don't have a single guy who's capable of being anything more than a spark off the bench on a decent team.

They overpaid for Outlaw and Morrow.

BlazersDozen
12-09-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry but there is no way you can say that the Nets are as good as we are this year. Not based on potential or current form.

Unless you are saying Nets with Melo are as good as us i can maybe agree. Although I don't see why Denver would pull the trigger without getting Harris...

That's what I meant...Nets with Melo...

Faberg
12-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Carmelo to the Knicks.... During the offseason!

Why the **** would Melo go to the Nets if they have to give up valuable pieces to get him? :oldlol:

SevereUpInHere
12-09-2010, 12:30 AM
That's what I meant...Nets with Melo...

:cheers:

NugzFan
12-09-2010, 01:29 AM

I love how you just know

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:33 AM
I would love to see him in Portland.

magnax1
12-09-2010, 01:36 AM
I would love to see him in Portland.
Very good idea. No idea how it'd work, but I'd love to see that team finally get a chance to contend with all the bad luck they've had.

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Very good idea. No idea how it'd work, but I'd love to see that team finally get a chance to contend with all the bad luck they've had.

Roy is a "star" who called for more shoots in the start of this season, but i guess he would live well getting the same shoots and getting another star with him.
Maybe Portland could play with Roy at PG, Mathews at SG and Melo at SF. I like this 3, very much.

magnax1
12-09-2010, 01:45 AM
Roy is a "star" who called for more shoots in the start of this season, but i guess he would live well getting the same shoots and getting another star with him.
Maybe Portland could play with Roy at PG, Mathews at SG and Melo at SF. I like this 3, very much.
Well Melo is good at playing without the ball. Melo and AI switched off playing that way in 07 and 08.
I don't know if Roy is ever going to be the same with his arthritis though. I think he'd be good playing a passer role and limit his scoring to stretches where the rest of the team is struggling, but right now he still has to be the scorer, and he isn't doing that terribly great of a job at it with the injury.

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Well Melo is good at playing without the ball. Melo and AI switched off playing that way in 07 and 08.
I don't know if Roy is ever going to be the same with his arthritis though. I think he'd be good playing a passer role and limit his scoring to stretches where the rest of the team is struggling, but right now he still has to be the scorer, and he isn't doing that terribly great of a job at it with the injury.

There is no regular scorers in Portland, Mathews have some good games, Aldridge (which i thought could be the MIP) he's not playing well and Miller don't have the atheleticism and the outside shoot to compete against the new wave of young guards. Roy he's doing well with all the bad things that are going against them, but with this pace Blazers will not end well in the most competitive conference.

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Ohh and i don't understand nothing about cap space, Portland can sign him?

Rekindled
12-09-2010, 01:54 AM
Ohh and i don't understand nothing about cap space, Portland can sign him?

yeah they can sign him for the minimum. that's about all they can offer

Maga_1
12-09-2010, 01:56 AM
yeah they can sign him for the minimum. that's about all they can offer

Hmm, not going to happen :oldlol:

NugzFan
12-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Doubtful Denver trades him within conference

Rose
12-09-2010, 01:59 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here cause I very well could be but isn't this extension the most possible money Melo can get?. Plus through in the risk of a lockout\injury him continuing in his slump(probably wouldn't effect it) I'm sure it's also in Melo best interest to take the extension and force his way out. Plus can't the CBA change next year meaning different contracts?.

Who knows so far really doesn't seem like he gives two shits about the money.

Yeah I mean it is the max money, but like you said he doesn't seem to care about the money so far

Because they If they get him this season they would be right there with the heat as the 2nd best team in the east behind the celtics.

If we're going to sign him in the summer we'll have to let chandler, turiaf and azubuike walk. I'd much rather give up gallo and some draft picks, make some noise in the playoffs and keep Will/Turiaf.
I really don't see the Knicks beating the C's or Heat in the playoffs with Melo. And you'd really give up more draft picks? And I thought the Knicks still had room from last summer to sign Melo? I don't keep up with their capspace or anything but still.

Bigsmoke
12-09-2010, 03:44 AM
put a Bulls jersey on that ***** :rockon:

D-nugz
12-09-2010, 04:37 AM
put a Bulls jersey on that ***** :rockon:

hell yeah !
That would kick ass, so how would that come to fruition?

icewill36
12-09-2010, 04:49 AM
i cant believe NJ would be dumb to give up so many valuable assets for a guy who wont sign an extension....

i believe melo wants NY, and the fact they are playing so well probably only strengthen his desire. felton, melo, amare, chandler, turiaf.... that would be enough to at least put a scare into one of eastern contenders THIS YEAR.

Walker
12-09-2010, 04:50 AM
I would assume getting a good C or PF for Melo would be pretty high on Denvers list of demands.
With that I'd say New York have zero chance of trading for him.
Favours from NJ or Gibson from Chicago with other parts of course would seem like the logical trades.

Faberg
12-09-2010, 06:04 AM
I would assume getting a good C or PF for Melo would be pretty high on Denvers list of demands.
With that I'd say New York have zero chance of trading for him.
Favours from NJ or Gibson from Chicago with other parts of course would seem like the logical trades.

If I'm NY, I wouldn't. I'd wait til the offseason. Everybody knows he wants to play for the Knicks.
The ball is in his court as to where he wants to go if Denver is trying to trade him.

ronnymac
12-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Favors and Harris and all those 1st rounders give them an amazing foundation to rebuild. Plus once Anthony is gone, expect Billups to follow and be traded to a contender.

Mr Clutch Melo
12-09-2010, 06:42 AM
I don't think that would work very well honestly, even though Dirk is a PF, both have kinda conflicting types of style.

They styles would mesh perfectly, Melo could spend more time closer to the basket because of Dirks range.

Vince15
12-09-2010, 10:06 AM
otis, get on the phone

niko
12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
He doesn't want to sign in NJ. Do people not grasp this?

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 10:58 AM
He doesn't want to sign in NJ. Do people not grasp this?

- When the deal was close, if it was Melo who shot it down why does NJ and Denver continue to talk if Melo won't sign the extension?

- How did the deal before get so advanced because I'm assuming we'd both agree NJ would ask right of the bat if Melo would ink the extension?. Plus Denver was the reported team to back on based on speculation of wanting to bring Melo to camp to try and see if he'd change his mind.

- Uri and Melo have both came out said they talk on a regular basis and keep the lines open. Why would Denver and NJ be even close to linked together if Melo's camp was 100% against NJ?.

How don't you grasp that? Oh wait your a Knicks fan :oldlol: . There was almost a deal done, they've been sourced to talking alot. There's a reason NJ is included with NY and Chicago. If NJ wasn't in the race than they wouldn't be included just like a team like Sacremento hasn't been.

Not saying Melo goes to NJ but it's deff a possible outcome.

niko
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
- When the deal was close, if it was Melo who shot it down why does NJ and Denver continue to talk if Melo won't sign the extension?

- How did the deal before get so advanced because I'm assuming we'd both agree NJ would ask right of the bat if Melo would ink the extension?. Plus Denver was the reported team to back on based on speculation of wanting to bring Melo to camp to try and see if he'd change his mind.

- Uri and Melo have both came out said they talk on a regular basis and keep the lines open. Why would Denver and NJ be even close to linked together if Melo's camp was 100% against NJ?.

How don't you grasp that? Oh wait your a Knicks fan :oldlol: . There was almost a deal done, they've been sourced to talking alot. There's a reason NJ is included with NY and Chicago. If NJ wasn't in the race than they wouldn't be included just like a team like Sacremento hasn't been.

Not saying Melo goes to NJ but it's deff a possible outcome.

No, it's not. He's not signing off on it. I keep getting shit on this and i keep getting people telling me "its possible" so when it doesn't happen they can still claim "its possible". The net fans told me every big FA was entertaining them last year, i said none would come, none did. But i was wrong because "its possible".

Well, im not doing possible, impossible because anything is possible. Btut I will tell you i dont see the Nets trading for Melo because i dont see Melo agreeing to go there. That moment came and passed.

Im tired of people using "sources" to say they are right and i can't use other sources. you have your opinion, i have mine.

Melo's NOT going to NJ. When it happens, hammer me. I'll take it. I don't see it. and when it doesn't happen, don't tell me you were right anyway because it COULD have happened.

ChuckOakley
12-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Did anyone bother to read the article?

There is nothing new being said here:

[QUOTE]The Nuggets have all but decided to trade Anthony if he does not sign an extension with the team by the trade deadline

if Anthony doesn

Faberg
12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Melo not signing the contract extension seals the deal. He's leaving in the offseason.

The Knicks can kick back and wait. I highly doubt they'll trade any of their chips if they know they can get him for nothing.

Nuggets could be force into trading with NY if they can't get a deal.

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
No, it's not. He's not signing off on it. I keep getting shit on this and i keep getting people telling me "its possible" so when it doesn't happen they can still claim "its possible". The net fans told me every big FA was entertaining them last year, i said none would come, none did. But i was wrong because "its possible".

Well, im not doing possible, impossible because anything is possible. Btut I will tell you i dont see the Nets trading for Melo because i dont see Melo agreeing to go there. That moment came and passed.

Im tired of people using "sources" to say they are right and i can't use other sources. you have your opinion, i have mine.

Melo's NOT going to NJ. When it happens, hammer me. I'll take it. I don't see it. and when it doesn't happen, don't tell me you were right anyway because it COULD have happened.

Please don't tell me this was serious? :roll:

I'm not saying any of your sources are wrong. I'm not saying what I read is anywhere near close to correct. I'm using logic. I'm basically just using my brain. If NJ has ZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRO chance like you seem to think than why would NJ even talk to Denver or anything even get close to getting done before? You basically ignored all the things I said. Bottom line ANY person on this forum or anyone who follows the NBA knows that the first thing any team is going to say will be "Will Melo sign the extension"? If he won't everything will die there on the spot. It's why Denver has such slim choices. Using logic it's a pretty educated guess to assume since trade talks earlier advanced that Melo's camp was ATLEAST considering entertaining the idea of Jersey.

Once again you didn't answer anything I said. What's your source saying Melo who is the one who cancelled the deal? It was reported Denver was the one who backed out of it. Might not be true but why I believe it? Because it makes sense. Melo being away from the team for all summer it's obvious you'd want him around the team\Karl to see if you sway him back around. Makes sense why Denver would get cold feet.

Once again any person who tries to say Melo is going here 100% that's my prediction is an idiot. Melo doesn't even look like he knows what he wants to do so how are you and me suppose to know?. I'm just talking about possible outcomes, using logic, and trying to piece things together. NY is probably the favorite. That being said anyone who considers NJ IMPOSSIBLE and automatically assumes Melo has shot it down isn't using anything besides there own bias towards the situation.

hawkfan
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
hawkfan Trade Scenario:

Hawks get

Carmelo Anthony

Nuggets get

Marvin Williams
Jamal Crawford
2 first round picks from the Hawks (lottery protected)

Go Hawks!

tpols
12-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Please don't tell me this was serious? :roll:

I'm not saying any of your sources are wrong. I'm not saying what I read is anywhere near close to correct. I'm using logic. I'm basically just using my brain. If NJ has ZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRO chance like you seem to think than why would NJ even talk to Denver or anything even get close to getting done before? You basically ignored all the things I said. Bottom line ANY person on this forum or anyone who follows the NBA knows that the first thing any team is going to say will be "Will Melo sign the extension"? If he won't everything will die there on the spot. It's why Denver has such slim choices. Using logic it's a pretty educated guess to assume since trade talks earlier advanced that Melo's camp was ATLEAST considering entertaining the idea of Jersey.

Once again you didn't answer anything I said. What's your source saying Melo who is the one who cancelled the deal? It was reported Denver was the one who backed out of it. Might not be true but why I believe it? Because it makes sense. Melo being away from the team for all summer it's obvious you'd want him around the team\Karl to see if you sway him back around. Makes sense why Denver would get cold feet.

Once again any person who tries to say Melo is going here 100% that's my prediction is an idiot. Melo doesn't even look like he knows what he wants to do so how are you and me suppose to know?. I'm just talking about possible outcomes, using logic, and trying to piece things together. NY is probably the favorite. That being said anyone who considers NJ IMPOSSIBLE and automatically assumes Melo has shot it down isn't using anything besides there own bias towards the situation.
Dude don't even try to explain this shit to a knicks fan. These were the same people making welcome lebron threads in july and then acted like they didn't care when lebron shot them down after their first meeting.:oldlol:

Niquesports
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Dude don't even try to explain this shit to a knicks fan. These were the same people making welcome lebron threads in july and then acted like they didn't care when lebron shot them down after their first meeting.:oldlol:
Best deal for Mello and Nuggets trade to Wizzards for Gil
Melo comes home Gil gets a new start J Wall and Melo i see the Fat lady singing again

tpols
12-09-2010, 12:58 PM
The thing is knicks fans have to cling to the belief that melo really hates NJ because they know they have zero assets to trade to denver right now. We have the young talent. We have the moving pieces to get a deal done. The knicks simply don't. And the great thing about the situation is denver NEEDS to move melo by the trade deadline. They will press the issue and melo is going to be forced to sign an extension somewhere because no team is going to take him without one. But it's alright, knicks fans can keep clinging to that belief that melo hates NJ even though they will be in New York in a brand new Brooklyn stadium in a very short amount of time(well before his extension would be up).

NugzFan
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM

thought that was knick fans??

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 01:56 PM
NEWSFLASH: Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James are two different people. Trying to equate Lebron's decision with Carmelo's is moronic.

tpols
12-09-2010, 02:07 PM
NEWSFLASH: Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James are two different people. Trying to equate Lebron's decision with Carmelo's is moronic.
Why? Because all knicks fans we're dead wrong on lebron. All the money he could've made in the big apple, stat +lebron, etc.:oldlol: I still remember when you guys had threads lined up saying he was a knick when he announced his decision would be held in greenwich CT, a NYC suburb. :roll: Classic. And now you want us all to believe you? Melo isn't getting traded to the knicks and there's a very high probability he's getting traded and signing an extension somewhere because a) no team is taking him without one, b) it's guaranteed max money, and c) he's got to cover his own ass for a potential lockout.

Bottom line: Don't ever listen to knicks fans. Their homerism and blind faith completely shatter their reasoning capabilities(not that they had many to begin with).

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Why? Because all knicks fans we're dead wrong on lebron. All the money he could've made in the big apple, stat +lebron, etc.:oldlol: I still remember when you guys had threads lined up saying he was a knick when he announced his decision would be held in greenwich CT, a NYC suburb. :roll: Classic. And now you want us all to believe you? Melo isn't getting traded to the knicks and there's a very high probability he's getting traded and signing an extension somewhere because a) no team is taking him without one, b) it's guaranteed max money, and c) he's got to cover his own ass for a potential lockout.

Bottom line: Don't ever listen to knicks fans. Their homerism and blind faith completely shatter their reasoning capabilities(not that they had many to begin with).

They are two different people. Lebron's decision has absolutely nothing to do with Carmelo's. It's a logical fallacy to think that because Lebron didn't sign with NY, then Carmelo won't either.

niko
12-09-2010, 02:19 PM
They are two different people. Lebron's decision has absolutely nothing to do with Carmelo's. It's a logical fallacy to think that because Lebron didn't sign with NY, then Carmelo won't either.

People keep saying Melo is willing to go to NJ because of a trade that got scuttled for some reason. Basically the logic is the Nuggets and Nets discussed a trade which blew up and still has not happened, therefore Melo will go to the Nets. I say he won't.

Explain to me why i am 100% wrong. And note: i never said Lebron was coming to the Knicks, i said it was possible, which I was 100% wrong on. It clearly was not. He had his plans and they did not include us.

I don't think Melo is signing off on going to be in Newark if the Knicks are clearly so much in play. There is 100% nothing confirmed contrary to that. If you want to say im wrong go ahead, but stop acting like you have some confirmed source, you do not.

niko
12-09-2010, 02:21 PM
The thing is knicks fans have to cling to the belief that melo really hates NJ because they know they have zero assets to trade to denver right now. We have the young talent. We have the moving pieces to get a deal done. The knicks simply don't. And the great thing about the situation is denver NEEDS to move melo by the trade deadline. They will press the issue and melo is going to be forced to sign an extension somewhere because no team is going to take him without one. But it's alright, knicks fans can keep clinging to that belief that melo hates NJ even though they will be in New York in a brand new Brooklyn stadium in a very short amount of time(well before his extension would be up).

I will 100% admit being totally and completely wrong when he goes to the Nets. When he doesn't go to the Nets though, good luck getting any of you to admit you were wrong. You'll cling to scenarios that never happened.

tpols
12-09-2010, 02:28 PM
So now you're playing the situation is different card.:oldlol: No shit it's different, I just laid it out for you. If melo gets traded, which is a very high probability, he's not going to the knicks because they don't have the trading pieces, and he's going to be forced to sign an ext. How do you dispute this? The nuggets have to look out for themselves here not melo.

tpols
12-09-2010, 02:31 PM
People keep saying Melo is willing to go to NJ because of a trade that got scuttled for some reason. Basically the logic is the Nuggets and Nets discussed a trade which blew up and still has not happened, therefore Melo will go to the Nets. I say he won't.

Explain to me why i am 100% wrong. And note: i never said Lebron was coming to the Knicks, i said it was possible, which I was 100% wrong on. It clearly was not. He had his plans and they did not include us.

I don't think Melo is signing off on going to be in Newark if the Knicks are clearly so much in play. There is 100% nothing confirmed contrary to that. If you want to say im wrong go ahead, but stop acting like you have some confirmed source, you do not.
LOL the dfinitin of hyprocisy!

That's what we're saying. It's possible he goes to the nets. He could go to other teams too but the recent news saying that he absolutely has to be moved by the trade deadline makes our possiblity go up even further because the only way he goes to the knicks is through FA, and it looks like he'll be gone by then!

Knicks fans:facepalm

tpols
12-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I will 100% admit being totally and completely wrong when he goes to the Nets. When he doesn't go to the Nets though, good luck getting any of you to admit you were wrong. You'll cling to scenarios that never happened.
See this guy read my post and since he has ZERO evidence to back up his melo to the knicks argument in light of the recent news that the nuggets want this guy out of town quick, he goes with the whole we'll wait and see arguement. Nice work man.:cheers:

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
So now you're playing the situation is different card.:oldlol: No shit it's different, I just laid it out for you. If melo gets traded, which is a very high probability, he's not going to the knicks because they don't have the trading pieces, and he's going to be forced to sign an ext. How do you dispute this? The nuggets have to look out for themselves here not melo.

1. I never said the Knicks are going to trade for him. I am fine waiting for till the offseason.

2. Just because he gets traded does not mean he HAS to sign the extension. You can give up the farm for all I care. That doesn't mean he will sign it. As a matter of fact, the more pieces you give up for him, the lower the chances that he resigns. He isn't going to want to be with a team in rebuilding mode.

tpols
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
1. I never said the Knicks are going to trade for him. I am fine waiting for till the offseason.

2. Just because he gets traded does not mean he HAS to sign the extension. You can give up the farm for all I care. That doesn't mean he will sign it. As a matter of fact, the more pieces you give up for him, the lower the chances that he resigns. He is going to want to be with a team in rebuilding mode.
That's the thing. No team in their right mind is going to trade for him unless he signs the extension first. It's just that simple. You don't give away young prospects if there's a chance this guy bails on you in 5 months. Denver is going to force him into a trade and he's going to have to come to terms with the situation and sign an ext. somewhere. You guys seriously act like you're this guys uncle or something and you know how he personally feels about every city. It's a joke.

Sarcastic
12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
That's the thing. No team in their right mind is going to trade for him unless he signs the extension first. It's just that simple. You don't give away young prospects if there's a chance this guy bails on you in 5 months. Denver is going to force him into a trade and he's going to have to come to terms with the situation and sign an ext. somewhere. You guys seriously act like you're this guys uncle or something and you know how he personally feels about every city. It's a joke.

So you think he is going to give up his power in free agency to the Nuggets and let them determine where he will play?

elmachoborracho
12-09-2010, 03:17 PM
i base this post on nothing more than a hunch:

just using it as leverage. shows the knicks what the nets are willing to give up. i think he really wants NY, NY wants him, and denver knows it

show what NJ will give up, and the knicks will be forced to match (or at the very least come close)

i bet carmelo is a knick before the deadline
CP via s&t come offseason

again, just hunches (and a biased hope for heat-knicks being relevant once again)

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 03:19 PM

Deal got blown up because Denver got cold feet clearly. If Melo shot it down and Denver was ready to dump him right than and there than Melo wouldn't have started the season with Denver. They would have pursed something. It was clear they wanted to change his mind and bringing him to camp was a solid idea. The logic is why did the talks get so advanced if Melo's camp was completely against NJ? It would have been shut down in a day because it would be the first thing asked. Repeated myself 10000 times now. Why does NJ keep talking and why does a deal get as advanced as 3 other teams involved if Melo's not signing the extension? Impossible to think everyone ignored asking Melo's people ..

Nobody has a confirmed source. NJ might not be his favorite, but EVERYTHING has pointed to it being possible. New Jersey has been pointed to at a possible destination. That's it. So far it's the closest place Melo's gone. That's all people are saying but Knicks fans like usual have there one track mind. Nobody is saying Melo's going to land there or it's the favorite all people are suggesting is that NJ's hat is in the ring.

Also NY people keep saying oh just sign him in the offseason and blah blah blah. Do people realize Melo's leaving 65 mill on the table? There's a chance of a lock out next year or the CBA changing. He could lose some serious money. Not to mention risk injury or something happening. He can force his way out of Denver all he wants but at the end of the day they can say hey you know what if you want to risk leaving that money on the table go for it because we don't want to trade you to the Knicks. I'd be against that obviously but Denver doesn't need to trade him to the Knicks. They have there leverage too.

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
So you think he is going to give up his power in free agency to the Nuggets and let them determine where he will play?

With a chance of a lock out and the CBA changing? Denver is willing to ink him and trade him. If he's got this so called on track mind of "New York, New York" than why the hell doesn't he just flat out say he's going to free agency? It's in his best interest to sign the extension and than let Denver move him to a list of teams he likes :confusedshrug: .

Nuggets GM and Melo seem to be doing pretty good unless there just flat out lying. I don't expect him to stay at all but I deff see something getting worked out.

niko
12-09-2010, 03:39 PM
With a chance of a lock out and the CBA changing? Denver is willing to ink him and trade him. If he's got this so called on track mind of "New York, New York" than why the hell doesn't he just flat out say he's going to free agency? It's in his best interest to sign the extension and than let Denver move him to a list of teams he likes :confusedshrug: .

Nuggets GM and Melo seem to be doing pretty good unless there just flat out lying. I don't expect him to stay at all but I deff see something getting worked out.
He's told Denver he's not signing the extension with them. That's pretty clear, no? I'm not saying you should be thrilled with it but at least he's not intimating he's thinking about it still.

Nets fan 93
12-09-2010, 03:57 PM
which is nothing special.

Before the season started I though Lopez could be the 2nd best center in the league but he has been noting but a disappointment. The guy is soft, sucks on defense and doesn't rebound.
And outside of Lopez/Harris they don't have a single guy who's capable of being anything more than a spark off the bench on a decent team.

They overpaid for Outlaw and Morrow.
Morrow wasnt really overpaid imo. Outlaw is a different story.
Lopez has been a dissapointment.. but when the pressure is off of him due to (possibly) Melo... Basketball will be a lot easier to him. Lopez is much better suited as a 2nd option.

niko
12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Morrow wasnt really overpaid imo. Outlaw is a different story.
Lopez has been a dissapointment.. but when the pressure is off of him due to (possibly) Melo... Basketball will be a lot easier to him. Lopez is much better suited as a 2nd option.

I think Avery is bad for Lopez. Lopez was developing just fine, and then Avery jumps in and basically screams, yells and nitpicks you to death. Lopez seems somewhat sensitive and that is killing him. The difference i see in him this year is last year he was just playing and this year he's thinking things through, which you do with Avery because if you miss anything, he screams at you. I really don't like how he treats the team - i'll give you an example, when they had a bad play in the 2 oT game against OKC, when the Nets had a bad play, he made faces, complained to the other coaches (it was quite clear he was bitching about his team). It's like he is not part of the problem, it's only the players.

That's just me. I don't like the regression in Lopez - that's the net franchise right there. The fact he is regressing and T Will regressed is not positive. (although i get the feeling TWill might have been a problem that was festering that Avery is being forced to deal with.)

NuggetsFan
12-09-2010, 04:16 PM
He's told Denver he's not signing the extension with them. That's pretty clear, no? I'm not saying you should be thrilled with it but at least he's not intimating he's thinking about it still.

Nahh I don't think. He's just saying he's keeping his options open and wants a change and all that bull. He has kinda made it clear that he doesn't want to stay in Denver or else he'd just sign the extension with them so I guess you are right. I was just saying it's in his best interest to sign the extension and have it worked out he'll be traded right away. And the way that Melo and co have been making it seem is that Denver and him are on the same page with that and the talks are going good. Once again not meaning good as in he'll stay but good as in the lines of communication seem to be open so they should be able to work something out as in signing the extension so he can be locked up with his new team and he doesn't need to worry about anything.

Ex. Melo signing the extension and getting traded to the Knicks best for everyone. Melo waiting till free agency is a big risk for himself and leaves Denver without anything in return. I can't see them NOT getting something done personally.

tpols
12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I think Avery is bad for Lopez. Lopez was developing just fine, and then Avery jumps in and basically screams, yells and nitpicks you to death. Lopez seems somewhat sensitive and that is killing him. The difference i see in him this year is last year he was just playing and this year he's thinking things through, which you do with Avery because if you miss anything, he screams at you. I really don't like how he treats the team - i'll give you an example, when they had a bad play in the 2 oT game against OKC, when the Nets had a bad play, he made faces, complained to the other coaches (it was quite clear he was bitching about his team). It's like he is not part of the problem, it's only the players.

That's just me. I don't like the regression in Lopez - that's the net franchise right there. The fact he is regressing and T Will regressed is not positive. (although i get the feeling TWill might have been a problem that was festering that Avery is being forced to deal with.)
I don't think it has anything to do with avery. Lopez has a great shot and can get you 20 on any given night but he's possibly the slowest guy I've ever seen. His first step is slower than imaginable and his lateral quickness on defense to alter shots and grab boards is terrible(this isn't helped by the fact that he is a very passive player who never goes after boards when his teammates are around; he'll let guys like humphries and outlaw grabs boards that he could've easily had himself). With melo though, lopez would be great because right now he's doubled as soon as he touches the ball and melo would free him up to score all night. Not to mention we have solid shooters to surround melo with(including morrow who currently holds the 3pt efficieency record over steve kerr) and we should still have devin harris to play make as well. The nets would improve by 20+ wins with melo.

Nets fan 93
12-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with avery. Lopez has a great shot and can get you 20 on any given night but he's possibly the slowest guy I've ever seen. His first step is slower than imaginable and his lateral quickness on defense to alter shots and grab boards is terrible(this isn't helped by the fact that he is a very passive player who never goes after boards when his teammates are around; he'll let guys like humphries and outlaw grabs boards that he could've easily had himself). With melo though, lopez would be great because right now he's doubled as soon as he touches the ball and melo would free him up to score all night. Not to mention we have solid shooters to surround melo with(including morrow who currently holds the 3pt efficieency record over steve kerr) and we should still have devin harris to play make as well. The nets would improve by 20+ wins with melo.
The offensive pressure taken off Harris would be great too. The Franchise needs this jump. Melo make the right choice!

niko
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
The offensive pressure taken off Harris would be great too. The Franchise needs this jump. Melo make the right choice!

He will, don't worry. :rolleyes:

tpols
12-09-2010, 04:40 PM
He will, don't worry. :rolleyes:
How bitter is this guy when ANY good news comes up for the nets?:oldlol: Keep hating brah, it's only going to make it sweeter if a deal to NJ goes through:cheers:

niko
12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
How bitter is this guy when ANY good news comes up for the nets?:oldlol: Keep hating brah, it's only going to make it sweeter if a deal to NJ goes through:cheers:

I can't joke? go away and find some humor.

jbot
12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Yeah, because that's exactly what they need, ANOTHER ball hogging shot chucker. Kobe is bad enough.
this comment is so 2007.

whose is going to run the point that is worth a crap if they trade away harris?

NugzFan
12-09-2010, 05:11 PM
here is what i dont get...

non knick fans are saying that melo MIGHT be traded to the nets, he MIGHT not goto the knicks, etc...they get defensive and say its wrong.

however, they have the right to make claims that are not guaranteed and cry when someone calls them out on it.

:facepalm

fact is nothing is 100%...him going to the nets, knicks or staying. we arent making any definite claims...some knick fans are.

Blue&Orange
12-09-2010, 05:14 PM
:oldlol:

Knick fans are beyond delusional, I'm trying to think of big name free agent that wasn't destined to be a Knick.
Every sport media outlet outlet was running the Lebron eventually will end up in New york story since his rookie season, but yeah dumb we for believing we had a chance :facepalm

And the problem wasn't the knicks fans, the problem was Lebron huge v@gina and choosing the safest and easiest way to leave a "legacy".

I jsut hope that Carmelo join us and the only Lebron Legacy will be belongig to the three V@ginas.

Knicksfever2010
12-09-2010, 05:24 PM

non knick fans are saying that melo MIGHT be traded to the nets, he MIGHT not goto the knicks, etc...they get defensive and say its wrong.

however, they have the right to make claims that are not guaranteed and cry when someone calls them out on it.

fact is nothing is 100%...him going to the nets, knicks or staying. we arent making any definite claims...some knick fans are.

then why are even the nuggets organization believing melo wants to go to the knicks??

niko
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM

no, the difference is you think melo has a wide variety of places you can trade him and some of us think he is vetoing potential destinations by refusing to sign the extension - thus making a NY trade more likely.

thats the difference here.

D12"Magic"
12-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Hmm giving away Harris,Future Potential in Favors ,2 1st round picks ,Humprhies for a guy who might not sign an extension, If i were Nets Ill make them make him sign an extension before this deal is done.. A bit risky if you ask me.

D12"Magic"
12-09-2010, 09:23 PM
:bowdown: A lil bit of a dramatic bowdown but still nice.

NugzFan
12-10-2010, 03:53 AM
no, the difference is you think melo has a wide variety of places you can trade him and some of us think he is vetoing potential destinations by refusing to sign the extension - thus making a NY trade more likely.

thats the difference here.

you need to work on reading comprehension.

knick fans are the ones being completely close minded and crying any time anyone hints that melo MIGHT not goto ny (like many other free agents in the past). you guys have a horrible sense of entitlement.

you just reply to any post with "no, its not happening...he only wants to be a knick...cant you see...its a sure thing...denver can do nothing because melo will ONLY play for NY"

:rolleyes:

cant wait til this is over...reading knick fan posts makes my eyes bleed.

Sarcastic
12-10-2010, 03:55 AM
you need to work on reading comprehension.

knick fans are the ones being completely close minded and crying any time anyone hints that melo MIGHT not goto ny (like many other free agents in the past). you guys have a horrible sense of entitlement.

you just reply to any post with "no, its not happening...he only wants to be a knick...cant you see...its a sure thing...denver can do nothing because melo will ONLY play for NY"

:rolleyes:

cant wait til this is over...reading knick fan posts makes my eyes bleed.

Nah, he would play for Chicago too.

New York Knicks
12-10-2010, 03:56 AM
If Melo wanted to play for the Nets, he'd be Net already.

New York Knicks
12-10-2010, 03:59 AM
Hmm giving away Harris,Future Potential in Favors ,2 1st round picks ,Humprhies for a guy who might not sign an extension, If i were Nets Ill make them make him sign an extension before this deal is done.. A bit risky if you ask me.
The Nets only make the trade offer if they get a guarantee from Melo that he'll resign. This is common sense. Nobody's trading anything for a 1-year rental. That's the reason the trade's been held up. Melo doesn't wanna play for NJ and therefore won't extend there.

niko
12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Nah, he would play for Chicago too.
i dont see what people are reading where either me or you are saying he'd ONLY go to NY but i guess we are just thick knick fans.

NuggetsFan
12-10-2010, 09:08 AM
If Melo wanted to play for the Nets, he'd be Net already.

No. Denver wasn't trading him until they saw how he'd react being around the team after being gone all summer. Plus George Karl.

If Denver wanted him gone and Melo shot down the NJ deal like Knick fans think than he would have been traded by now .. but it was Denver who got cold feet in that 4 trade deal.

Until I see any sources\logic\reasoning besides "MELO GO TO NEWARK EWWW" than I'm going to stick to me theory with has multiple sources\logic behind it.

RoseCity07
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
The only way Carmelo Anthony ends up in Portland is a miracle.

He doesn't want to play here, but let's just say he did.

We'd have to make a better offer than the rest of the league. Assuming he'd sign an extention, Portland would probably offer something like LaMarcus Aldridge, and Rudy Fernandez.

If he didn't want to sign an extention here, Denver would look at Andre Miller, Joel Pryzbilla, Rudy Fernandez, and some picks for Carmelo Anthony. That would be just for a 1 year rental with a lock out on the horizon.