PDA

View Full Version : TRADE: Wizards trade Gilbert Arenas to Magic for Rashard Lewis!

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:28 AM
The Orlando Magic have acquired three-time NBA All-Star guard Gilbert Arenas from the Washington Wizards in exchange for Rashard Lewis, President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Otis Smith announced today.

“Gilbert (Arenas) is a proven All-Star in this league and we’re excited to add him to our team,” said Smith. “He is one of the top scoring guards in the game, he can create scoring chances for his teammates and he is as tough as they come. Rashard (Lewis) was important in helping our franchise get to the next level, and we wish him and his family all the best in the future.”

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6939#ixzz18VBiVdiF

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/9750/erer.jpg
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magic-wizards-trade-rumors/index.html

Magic continue to remake roster, complete trade with Suns http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magic-suns-trade/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/543/98741946.jpg

Report: Magic agree to blockbuster deal
Goodbye, Vince. Hello again, Hedo.

Magic at a glance

Orlando Magic
Looking for the latest on the Magic? Get the inside slant, stats, scores, schedules and more scoops right here.

The Orlando Magic, in the midst of a 16-9 start to the season, have dispatched Vince Carter and re-acquired forward Hedo Turkoglu in a six-player trade with the Phoenix Suns, according to multiple Internet reports.

ESPN's Chris Broussard reported that the Magic will also receive Jason Richardson and Earl Clark in exchange for Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round draft pick and cash considerations.

The deal comes on the same day as a rumor that Orlando president Otis Smith has had discussions with the Washington Wizards regarding a potential trade for guard Gilbert Arenas.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Orlando-Magic-deal-Vince-Carter-six-player-trade-with-Phoenix-Suns-121810

It's official!

old stuff \/\/

The Orlando Magic may announce a trade of Rashard Lewis to the Washington Wizards for Gilbert Arenas as soon as Saturday http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/18/1883457/kennedy-orlando-magic-washington-wizards-close-to-trading-rashard

Shit just got interesting.

Chris_Broussard Magic & Suns closing in on deal to send Hedo/jRich to Phx for Vince and Gortat. "90 pct" chance of it happening, sources say. Within 24 hrs

Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat Damn, that's a whole lotta change.

The trade returns former Magic star Hedo Turkoglu, along with Jason Richardson and Earl Clark, to Orlando in exchange for Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round pick and cash considerations. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861

Shit just got serious

Greensboro News - Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns agree on multiplayer deal, sources say: The Magic, a... http://nc.gs/ieGfg2 @Greensboro_NC
http://twitter.com/Greensboro_NC

Sources: Vince Carter dealt to Suns http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

nashisbest
12-18-2010, 05:32 AM
i cant believe they are shopping gortat

rashard should definitely go.. but for gil? really?

Magic Vinsanity
12-18-2010, 05:34 AM
Anybody who has been watching Orlando this season know Rashard is SHIT! He's worthless, I'd take Gil over Lewis any day of this week at this point. Anything to get rid of Lewis and that damn contract.

PLEASE make this happen! Then we get to keep VC and his expiring deal and use him in another trade.

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:34 AM
i cant believe they are shopping gortat

rashard should definitely go.. but for gil? really?
Rashard is horrible. Period.

And they're keeping Jameer which is odd... They can't possibly try a Jameer + Gilbert combo...

All Net
12-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Arenas may not be what he was but he is still a very good player and Dwight will open up alot for him.

DontGoogleMe
12-18-2010, 05:49 AM
Lewis is better then arenas. Lewis is $$$ from 3

BlazersDozen
12-18-2010, 06:08 AM

Really?

He's shooting 37% from the arc but 41% from the field. That's terrible from your power forward. That's near the bottom if not the bottom of the league in terms of shooting percentage for power forwards in the league. He doesn't rebound or defend. He's a one dimensional player.

Gilbert Arenas almost averages the same amount of rebounds as Lewis, so you're losing nothing there and probably actually gaining rebounds if you give Bass more minutes, he can set up team mates and get you steals. His percentages should go up with open looks from double teams on Dwight so I wouldn't worry about those.

I like this trade for Orlando if they trade Lewis for Arenas. Hate it if they trade Vince Carter & Marcin Gortat for Arenas.

Magic Vinsanity
12-18-2010, 06:08 AM

Stop talking bollocks! Rashard isnt better than Arenas and from 3 this year, Lewis has been a f*cking joke! The guy is getting $20 million to average 9 points and nothing else.

blondie
12-18-2010, 06:12 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: omg they're trying to trade VC back for Hedo

Everyone who said Hedo is better than VC after all these years HAS BEEN VINDICATED

BlazersDozen
12-18-2010, 06:17 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: omg they're trying to trade VC back for Hedo

Everyone who said Hedo is better than VC after all these years HAS BEEN VINDICATED

That trade would make no sense though if Lewis is traded also because the reason the two were so good together is because no team could guard both of them on the perimeter successfully. They need each other to be successful. They both suck without one another.

TennesseeFan
12-18-2010, 06:27 AM
If they can get rid of Lewis, then it was a win.

oh the horror
12-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Orlando must know at this point, that they arent going anywhere with the current roster they have, so hey.....might as well try to move pieces, and get to crackin'

oh the horror
12-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Lewis is a bum though, so Im not mad at Orlando for shedding this guy off....

If you're going to try to trade him, then I would guess that Arenas' contract is the closet thing right? Shit, right now Gilbert could PROBABLY provide more for Orlando than Lewis has all season....dude is GARBAGE.

kabalcage
12-18-2010, 06:54 AM
I thought it was Carter/Gortat for Arenas which would be bad value.

But the Rashard Lewis for Arenas? DONE!!

Lewis is terrible and washed up; Arenas is a half-washed up, so the Magic should get a little bit better. Only problem is that they're trading one contract albatross for another, so look for Arenas to get traded in about 3 years.

The Magic better find something really good with Carter/Gortat; the future of Dwight Howard depends on it. A trade to New Orleans for Chris Paul will save the franchise; make it happen somehow. Certainly helps that David Stern is running the Hornets.

Orlando Magic
12-18-2010, 06:57 AM
Lewis for Arenas? I'll take it.

Lewis' contract is the worst in the league. Arenas is probably third despite having one more year than Lewis.

Lewis' performance has been a slow trickle downward ever since he got busted with the performance enhancing drugs during the 2009 Finals.

But if they do that move it does mean that they need to deal either Carter or Nelson or both.

Magic Vinsanity
12-18-2010, 07:05 AM
If Orlando bad Gil for Rashard, that lets Orlando still have VC, Gortat and now Nelson as good trade pieces.

That bodes well for the Magic, however if they give up VC and Gortat for Gil, thats pointless. You can get more for a $20 million expiring contract and Gortat than Gil with his bad contract.

Orlando Magic
12-18-2010, 07:12 AM
If Orlando bad Gil for Rashard, that lets Orlando still have VC, Gortat and now Nelson as good trade pieces.

That bodes well for the Magic, however if they give up VC and Gortat for Gil, thats pointless. You can get more for a $20 million expiring contract and Gortat than Gil with his bad contract.

I agree, and I'm pretty sure Otis Smith knows that.

Blue&Orange
12-18-2010, 07:24 AM
I approve this trade, it makes sense for both teams.

davidenk0
12-18-2010, 07:28 AM

If they include Gortat in the trade, they can trade Nelson for some role players including a decent center.

broy
12-18-2010, 07:50 AM
If they include Gortat in the trade, they can trade Nelson for some role players including a decent center.

Fran Vazquez is coming from Barcelona next season.

Magic Vinsanity
12-18-2010, 07:54 AM

Yeah, so he says every year! F*ck Fran Vazquez!

d.bball.guy
12-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Lewis for Gil>>>>>>>>VC and Gortat for Gil

davidenk0
12-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm spanish and Fran hasn't renewed his contract with Barcelona, so that's a likely option, the bad thing is that they would have to wait until next season to get him.

2LeTTeRS
12-18-2010, 07:58 AM
I made a thread about the 2 teams making a deal a month or so ago I hope the deal ends up looking a little like this:

Trade 2
Orlando Magic
WAS Gilbert Arenas (4 yrs $80 mil)
WAS Andray Blatche (5 yrs $35 mil)
WAS Al Thornton (1 yrs $2.8 mil)
------------------------------------
Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($83 mil) received ($117.8 mil)]

Washington Wizards
ORL Rashard Lewis (3 yrs $66 mil)
ORL Brandon Bass (3 yrs $12 mil)
ORL Daniel Orton (4 yrs $5 mil)
Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($117.8 mil) received ($83 mil)]

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196151

kabalcage
12-18-2010, 08:13 AM
I made a thread about the 2 teams making a deal a month or so ago I hope the deal ends up looking a little like this:

Trade 2
Orlando Magic
WAS Gilbert Arenas (4 yrs $80 mil)
WAS Andray Blatche (5 yrs $35 mil)
WAS Al Thornton (1 yrs $2.8 mil)
Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($83 mil) received ($117.8 mil)]

Washington Wizards
ORL Rashard Lewis (3 yrs $66 mil)
ORL Brandon Bass (3 yrs $12 mil)
ORL Daniel Orton (4 yrs $5 mil)
Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($117.8 mil) received ($83 mil)]

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196151

I'd hope it's just a clean Lewis/Arenas swap.

The Magic need to continue to be tough on the interior which Bass is. With Howard on the team, Blatche won't get his touches on the box and will have a hard time adjusting from an all offensive guy to a defensive/rebounder type. Bass is really efficient in this role.

Al's a chucker; I wish he was a perimeter defender but that's probably not the case. Hopefully being on a winner for the first time in his life (even his FSU teams sucked) will change him and stop all his bad habits. I wouldn't bet on it.

Magic Vinsanity
12-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, if we have to give up Bass aswell, f*ck that. Lewis/Arenas straight up or forget it.

mmsupra
12-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Yeah, if we have to give up Bass aswell, f*ck that. Lewis/Arenas straight up or forget it.

Yea straight up or f it! Lewis has been complete trash and I am a Lewis fan but make the deal cause we are not going anywhere with this team like this!

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Why would Washington want Lewis? Don't think he really helps them. Dwight and the Magic are the ones forcing this trade, not the Wizards. They should try and get a better deal out of the Magic.

disel
12-18-2010, 09:20 AM
You can give Dwight Kobe and he will still be a glorified scrub.

LJJ
12-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Why would Washington want Lewis? Don't think he really helps them. Dwight and the Magic are the ones forcing this trade, not the Wizards. They should try and get a better deal out of the Magic.

?

To shed that crippling deal of Arenas of course. Lewis' deal runs through this season and next season, after which it's unguaranteed. Arenas is getting paid the max until the 2014 off-season. Big difference. A 38 million dollar difference to be exact.

Faberg
12-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah, that 3 for 3 trade isn't good. Brandon Bass is playing pretty well and Blatche has low bball IQ.

Magic Vinsanity
12-18-2010, 09:39 AM
You can give Dwight Kobe and he will still be a glorified scrub.

Why are retards like this stupid shit head allowed to post?!

step_back
12-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Worst Blockbuster Trade Ever!

disel
12-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Why are retards like this stupid shit head allowed to post?!
Truth HURTS?

2LeTTeRS
12-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Yeah, that 3 for 3 trade isn't good. Brandon Bass is playing pretty well and Blatche has low bball IQ.

I guess given how well Bass has played this year this makes a little sense, but I still think Blatche has more value than Bass. I think I'm higher on him than most other poster's here but I see him a potential diamond in the rough.

coin24
12-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Bass is a beast, im glad hes been getting some minutes, he deserves more touches though...

Might be better for him in a different situation.

Orlando doesnt really seem to have much of a plan..
They need to get rid of jameer, definitely rashard and maybe carter..

Funnyfuka
12-18-2010, 09:51 AM
All of this is retarded and screams amateurism and strategical mistakes. Dwight s pressing the staff or threatening to quit obviously. Whats the point of changing pieces to obtain a team that in the end is as good or worse but no better at all than what they had in the first place. Bringing back tuboglu is the icing on the cake. Ridiculous. Screams "we have no clue what to do and are desperate". It's like going back to an ex girlfirend cause you cant get any new *****.

What a pathetitc state orlando is in. Who would have thought. It's way too late. No chip next year either it seems.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2010, 09:55 AM
?

To shed that crippling deal of Arenas of course. Lewis' deal runs through this season and next season, after which it's unguaranteed. Arenas is getting paid the max until the 2014 off-season. Big difference. A 38 million dollar difference to be exact.

They could get that Gortat-Carter trade though I think, or at least Gortat + scrubs. If they get Carter he's an expiring. Gortat is one of the best backup Centres in the league, and could easily start.

LJJ
12-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I guess given how well Bass has played this year this makes a little sense, but I still think Blatche has more value than Bass. I think I'm higher on him than most other poster's here but I see him a potential diamond in the rough.

I'm with you on that trade.

I don't think that much of either Blatche or Bass, but I think Blatche could potentially be a better fit next to Howard. Thornton's value and reputation has gone down the drawn these past two seasons, but the Magic might be exactly the type of team where he can be a good rotation player. And it's not like the Magic aren't in a position where they need to take a chance on a good rotation wing; Redick, Pietrus and Richardson aren't really doing that good right now.

barkleynash
12-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Two seperate trades would certainly turn the magic into long time contenders.
Lewis to Washington for Arenas. The wiz need to get rid of Arenas, and Orlando needs to get rid of Lewis. That's a pretty fair trade.
The other trade would be a huge blockbuster, Gortat, Nelson and Carter and a first rounder for Chris Paul.

Orlando would be very good.
Paul Duhon Williams
Arenas Reddick
Pietrus Q Rich
Bass Anderson
Howard Malik Allen

N.O
Nelson, Jack
Carter, Thornton bellinelli
Ariza bellinelli
west Anderson.
Okafor Gortat

Respectable team at this point they are kind of nose diving, and with the league taking over the team, respectability is all they are going to get.

Orlando becomes more of a running team with paul, have a better inside out game with Arenas and can keep Bass in the starting line-up and space the floor with Anderson taking Rashard's job of three point shooting . I have no problem with bass, howard and Anderson being my 3 big man rotation. Gortat would be expendable in my view.

Funnyfuka
12-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Lewis to Washington for Arenas. The wiz need to get rid of Arenas, and Orlando needs to get rid of Lewis. That's a pretty fair trade.
The other trade would be a huge blockbuster, Gortat, Nelson and Carter for Chris Paul.

Paul Duhon Williams
Arenas Reddick
Pietrus Q Rich
Bass Anderson
Howard Malik Allen

N.O
Nelson, Jack
Ariza bellinelli
west Anderson.
Okafor Gortat

Respectable team at this point they are kind of nose diving, and with the league taking over the team, respectability is all they are going to get.

retard. :facepalm

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2010, 10:18 AM
The other trade would be a huge blockbuster, Gortat, Nelson and Carter and a first rounder for Chris Paul.

Paul Duhon Williams
Arenas Reddick
Pietrus Q Rich
Bass Anderson
Howard Malik Allen

N.O
Nelson, Jack
Ariza bellinelli
west Anderson.
Okafor Gortat

Orlando becomes more of a running team with paul, have a better inside out game with Arenas and can keep Bass in the starting line-up and space the floor with Anderson taking Rashard's job of three point shooting . I have no problem with bass, howard and Anderson being my 3 big man rotation. Gortat would be expendable in my view.

To get the salaries to work, even with NO's trade exception, NO would have to give up Ariza, West, or Okafor, and they aren't doing that.

The GM
12-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Orlando needs to stop playing and get Steve Nash. He would solve a bunch of problems they have and who cares cares if they give up Nelson, I believe Nash (even at 35) has two or three years left of being a elitle level pg and 18/10 w. a bunch of scrubs says so. Orlando should try to make that deal first then they could try and trade two of the three ( vc, lewis, gortat) and maybe get a iggy, captin jack, gerald wallace or try to steal melo or josh smith from the ATL.

nbacardDOTnet
12-18-2010, 10:38 AM
All of this is retarded and screams amateurism and strategical mistakes. Dwight s pressing the staff or threatening to quit obviously. Whats the point of changing pieces to obtain a team that in the end is as good or worse but no better at all than what they had in the first place. Bringing back tuboglu is the icing on the cake. Ridiculous. Screams "we have no clue what to do and are desperate". It's like going back to an ex girlfirend cause you cant get any new *****.

What a pathetitc state orlando is in. Who would have thought. It's way too late. No chip next year either it seems.

to get Hedo again ? :lol

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Orlando%20Magic/20101118atOrlando-.jpg

LJJ
12-18-2010, 10:44 AM
The only way Phoenix is going to let Nash go is if you take a couple of those horrible contracts with him.

Want Nash? Want some Turkododo, Childress, Frye and Warrick with that? Otherwise obviously it's not worth it for Phoenix. Nash is the face of the franchise, his contract is a bargain and Phoenix doesn't even have any young talent to rebuild with.

edit: lol, that's probably the way Phoenix talks on the phone too.
Magic: "Hello, we are inquiring about the availability of Steve Nash"
Suns: "Want some Frye's with that?"

icewill36
12-18-2010, 11:34 AM
shard for arenas ???? doesnt make sense to me

bagelred
12-18-2010, 11:38 AM
So who plays PF for Orlando without Lewis? i don't know their rotation. Bass?

GilZero
12-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Arenas makes so much sense for the Magic, though I can imagine coach going crazy :roll: :roll:

bluechox2
12-18-2010, 11:43 AM
basicall getting rid of carter and lewis makes em way better and bigger.
move bass into the starting rotation, get turgolu who had his best years with orlando to sf. arenas can play sg and pg with nelson in the backcourt.

DavisEverLOL
12-18-2010, 11:50 AM
More chuckers, whatever, suit yourself. :roll:

nbacardDOTnet
12-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Arenas makes so much sense for the Magic, though I can imagine coach going crazy :roll: :roll:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Gilbert%20Arenas/7deeffd8923949d16751a4bef4d973e3900.jpg

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 12:14 PM
lewis for arenas is great for the magic.

then they can move carter's expiring 17 million dollar deal and gortat for a great package. potentially melo/billups or melo/bird man or something like that....or they could get involved in a 3 team deal and go after a gerald wallace or something. rashard lewis is a joke. at least arenas can go for 50 if you don't guard him.

the magic have all the assets to make their team ten times better over night. i hope they do it.

bluechox2
12-18-2010, 12:20 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20Funny%20NBA%20Photos/0%20Players/Gilbert%20Arenas/7deeffd8923949d16751a4bef4d973e3900.jpg
caption:

arenas: your so LeFu*ked in cleavland..bang bang

jamson: yea i know

rest of the team: OhhhSnappp

2LeTTeRS
12-18-2010, 12:32 PM
The only way Phoenix is going to let Nash go is if you take a couple of those horrible contracts with him.

Want Nash? Want some Turkododo, Childress, Frye and Warrick with that? Otherwise obviously it's not worth it for Phoenix. Nash is the face of the franchise, his contract is a bargain and Phoenix doesn't even have any young talent to rebuild with.

Agreed. Could definitely be worth it, because they need an elite play-making point guard. However If I was them I'd be going hard for Chris Paul instead. I think this deal could work -

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2734typ

Orlando
Chris Paul (3 yrs $49 mil)
Emeka Okafor(4 yrs $52 mil)
Marcus Thornton (1 yrs $762k)
-------------------------------
Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($67 mil) received ($101.8 mil)]

New Orleans
Vince Carter (expirer $17 mil)
Jameer Nelson (3 yrs $22 mil)
Marcin Gortat (4 yrs $28 mil)
2 Future 1st Round Picks
Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($101.8 mil) received ($67 mil)]

Why Orlando does it This trade makes an elite team even better. The one thing Orlando has lacked for all these years has been an elite playmaker to get the ball to Dwight. Paul solves that problem.

Paul | Duhon | Williams
Thornton | Reddick
Richardson | Pietrus
Lewis | Bass | Warrick
Howard | Okafor | Orton

Why New Orleans does it? This deal would save them about $35 mil altogether and relieve their payroll for next season by about $15 mil (which as things stand now would give them the cap space to offer someone a max deal and have about $6 mil more left).

Nelson | Jack
Carter | Belinelli | Green
Ariza |
West | Smith
Gortat | Andersen

IGOTGAME
12-18-2010, 12:47 PM
The Magic and Wizards are discussing a potential Gilbert Arenas trade and reports indicate the Orlando may send both Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis to Washington in a deal.

A source advised that including Carter and Lewis in the trade is "being discussed."

If the Magic include Lewis, the NBA's second-highest paid player, it would be a clear indication that Orlando is looking to cut salary.

Lewis and Carter combine to earn more than $37 million this season, so the Wizards would have to include more than just Arenas and his $17.7 million contract in a trade.

Looks like they are trying to cut salary. Maybe trying to get some flexiblity to make a run at Melo or to trade for a pg.

DavisEverLOL
12-18-2010, 02:17 PM
The Magic are basically rebuilding and blowing their roster up. They weren't going to go anywhere with that roster anyways.

RandyOrton
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Whats the chance of this actually going through?

magnax1
12-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Makes sense. Rashard has sucked, and his contract is almost as terrible as Gilbert's.

MeLO MvP 15
12-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Agreed. Could definitely be worth it, because they need an elite play-making point guard. However If I was them I'd be going hard for Chris Paul instead. I think this deal could work -

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2734typ

Orlando
Chris Paul (3 yrs $49 mil)
Emeka Okafor(4 yrs $52 mil)
Marcus Thornton (1 yrs $762k)
Difference: $34.8 mil more [traded ($67 mil) received ($101.8 mil)]

New Orleans
Vince Carter (expirer $17 mil)
Jameer Nelson (3 yrs $22 mil)
Marcin Gortat (4 yrs $28 mil)
2 Future 1st Round Picks
Difference: $34.8 mil less [traded ($101.8 mil) received ($67 mil)]

Why Orlando does it This trade makes an elite team even better. The one thing Orlando has lacked for all these years has been an elite playmaker to get the ball to Dwight. Paul solves that problem.

Paul | Duhon | Williams
Thornton | Reddick
Richardson | Pietrus
Lewis | Bass | Warrick
Howard | Okafor | Orton

Why New Orleans does it? This deal would save them about $35 mil altogether and relieve their payroll for next season by about $15 mil (which as things stand now would give them the cap space to offer someone a max deal and have about $6 mil more left).

Nelson | Jack
Carter | Belinelli | Green
Ariza |
West | Smith
Gortat | Andersen

I see your trade a raise you:
Ty Lawson
JR Smith
Kenyon Martin
2 Firsts

for

Chris Paul
Emeka Okafor

Much better for New Orleans. They save a lot of money (short and long term), get a younger, cheaper PG in Lawson (who will probably end up being better than Jameer), a good wing in JR and 2 firsts. They also get to keep Thornton. They give like $66 mil of long term deals and get like less than $30 mil long term deals (Kenyon and JR expire after this year and Lawson only makes $1.5 mil). Saves them a lot of money and gets them a future all star PG and 2 firsts. While your trade actually gives them more long term money for inferior players. (also if NO wants to dump more money, a Balkman for Ariza swap can be included, it works: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fzcuz8 ).

Denver gets the best PG in the NBA and that has to convince Melo to stay. Also Okafor could help out b/c we need a big man (so it's easier to take on his huge deal).

I don't think NO will trade Paul b/c the NBA now owns them and any new owner will want to keep CP, but this offer is much better than most offers, although I think NJ can offer a better package.

RoTM
12-18-2010, 02:38 PM
If they go for Arenas then they need to be smart about what they end up with after their rebuild. I would hate to see them ship everyone out as an excuse to cut salary and end up another soft team filled with scorers. Imagine a back court of Gilly, Jameer, and Reddick with an Anderson, Bass, Qrich, Thorton rotation at the 3-4.

If Orlando does this trade they need to bring in someone like Deng, G-Wallace, AK, Green, or both Iggy and Battier.

Walker
12-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Carter, Gortat, Anderson

For

Turkeyglue, Frye, Childress, Clark

Yes please :D

QuebecBaller
12-18-2010, 03:01 PM
If they go for Arenas then they need to be smart about what they end up with after their rebuild. I would hate to see them ship everyone out as an excuse to cut salary and end up another soft team filled with scorers. Imagine a back court of Gilly, Jameer, and Reddick with an Anderson, Bass, Qrich, Thorton rotation at the 3-4.

If Orlando does this trade they need to bring in someone like Deng, G-Wallace, AK, Green, or both Iggy and Battier.

Carter for Arenas
Lewis for AK47

But I don't think Utah will accept

SIRI1
12-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Chris_Broussard Magic & Suns closing in on deal to send Hedo/jRich to Phx for Vince and Gortat. "90 pct" chance of it happening, sources say. Within 24 hrs

Orlando also close to moving rashard Lewis to Washington for Arenas and a big to replace Gortat
Damn, that's a whole lotta change.

Vegeta
12-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Who really think's this is going to help the Magic be greater than what they already are?

alenleomessi
12-18-2010, 03:22 PM
Arenas is bad influence. He is probably telling Wall to fake injuries and to take a **** on other players shoe

Good luck Orlando Magic

alenleomessi
12-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Carter for Arenas
Lewis for AK47

Hello no AK is a monsta

GatorKid117
12-18-2010, 03:33 PM
While I think this trade would be great for the Magic, I would still be a bit sad. Lewis is one of my fav players even though he has been dreadful so far this year. He has done a lot for us over the years but right now, gotta make Dwight happy :D

So I guess with all the proposed trades:

Nelson/Duhon
Arenas/J-Rich
Turkoglu/Q-Rich
Bass/Andersen
Howard/Filler

This lineup definitely packs more of a punch. I'm all for it. And I got tickets to the Spurs game on the 23rd. I wonder what team I'll see!

Batz
12-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Damn, that's a whole lotta change.
Awesome. Updated the first post!

davidenk0
12-18-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't think why are the Suns accepting this trade, Nash must be demanding a trade right now.

Batz
12-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Why won't title change D;

Anyways.

Jameer/Duhon
Gilbert/Pietrus/Redick
Hedo/J-Rich/Pietrus
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Orton

Now I still don't like the idea of Jameer and Gilbert playing together. If they can somehow land a backup big for Jameer that'd be perfect. Possibly start Pietrus for defensive purposes and bring in J-Rich as an instant scorer type player off the bench.

Gilbert/Duhon
Pietrus/Redick/J-Rich
Hedo/J-Rich
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Backup Big/Orton

:bowdown:

hawksdogsbraves
12-18-2010, 03:49 PM
While I think this trade would be great for the Magic, I would still be a bit sad. Lewis is one of my fav players even though he has been dreadful so far this year. He has done a lot for us over the years but right now, gotta make Dwight happy :D

So I guess with all the proposed trades:

Nelson/Duhon
Arenas/J-Rich
Turkoglu/Q-Rich
Bass/Andersen
Howard/Filler

This lineup definitely packs more of a punch. I'm all for it. And I got tickets to the Spurs game on the 23rd. I wonder what team I'll see!

I think it makes more sense to start J-Rich and bring Arenas off the bench.

D.J.
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Phoenix is really making out in this deal. They get Carter(an expirer), Gortat(good defensive big, can thrive with Nash), and Pietrus(underrated). Turkoglu has proven to be a good fit in Orlando, but this also almost two years later, Arenas is washed up, Clark rarely plays, and J-Rich's play isn't to the point where it's a huge upgrade over Rashard.

Faberg
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I don't think why are the Suns accepting this trade, Nash must be demanding a trade right now.

Why not? J-Rich is expiring and isn't in the Suns long term plans, they get another pick and they have a post player they need with Gortat. :confusedshrug:

Batz
12-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I think it makes more sense to start J-Rich and bring Arenas off the bench.
Not at all. Gilbert works best with the ball in his hand about every other possession. Rich does as well but he's 10x off the ball player that Gilbert is and that allows him to be the better 6th man. So it'd make sense to bring him off the bench. But neither has to.

Batz
12-18-2010, 03:55 PM
WojYahooNBA

Orlando will send PHX Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, a 1st round pick and $3 million for Richardson, Hedo and Earl Clark, source tells Y! Sports.

Looks like the deal is pretty much official! Just have to wait for ESPN/NBA to announce it. Great deal for both sides!

And Jeff, way to screw up my title and first post. D;

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Who is the backup Center that Wizards are sending to Magic?

DeronMillsap
12-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Carter for Arenas
Lewis for AK47

Oh, god noooooo...

I'd rather take Bass to Utah.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Why won't title change D;

Anyways.

Jameer/Duhon
Gilbert/Pietrus/Redick
Hedo/J-Rich/Pietrus
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Orton

Now I still don't like the idea of Jameer and Gilbert playing together. If they can somehow land a backup big for Jameer that'd be perfect. Possibly start Pietrus for defensive purposes and bring in J-Rich as an instant scorer type player off the bench.

Gilbert/Duhon
Pietrus/Redick/J-Rich
Hedo/J-Rich
Bass/Anderson
Howard/Backup Big/Orton

:bowdown:

They're losing Pietrus. Leaving them with 1 proper option at SG (Redick).

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Nothing reported on that yet. But ofcourse Javale is not involved. Most likely Hilton Armstrong or Hamady N'Diaye

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Nothing reported on that yet. But ofcourse Javale is not involved. Most likely Hilton Armstrong or Hamady N'Diaye
Hungry hilton!

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:01 PM
They're losing Pietrus. Leaving them with 1 proper option at SG (Redick).
Yeah I meant Q-Rich... :ohwell:

Hungry hilton!
HE'S BAAAACCCK!!111

kaiteng
12-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Could be a huge blow for J-Rich fantasy owners.

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Can anyone confirm that the trade is Lewis for Arenas/McGee? Orlando wanted a backup C, and the salaries work.

Something like this maybe?

PG: Nelson/Duhon/Williams
SG: Arenas/Reddick
SF: Turkoglu/Richardson/Richardson
PF: Bass/Anderson
C: Howard/McGee

So solid 5 + 6th man in JRich

novocaine
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
This trade is really good, only for the suns imo.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Can anyone confirm that the trade is Lewis for Arenas/McGee? Orlando wanted a backup C, and the salaries work.

Can't see the Wiz giving up their 2nd and 3rd best players for Lewis.

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM

I doubt it'd be McGee.

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:07 PM
HE'S BAAAACCCK!!111
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!

UtahJazzFan88
12-18-2010, 04:07 PM
The Wizards would be crazy to get rid of Javale McGee, but I wouldn't expect them to. Probably Hilton Armstrong or Trevor Booker.

blacknapalm
12-18-2010, 04:08 PM
if gilbert is ready to start a new chapter and commit himself...man, that's a pretty stacked back court. two bad contracts being traded for one another.

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:11 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!
:hammertime: :hammertime: :hammertime:

The Wizards would be crazy to get rid of Javale McGee, but I wouldn't expect them to. Probably Hilton Armstrong or Trevor Booker.
Honestly what I'm thinking.

if gilbert is ready to start a new chapter and commit himself...man, that's a pretty stacked back court. two bad contracts being traded for one another.
But Gilbert > Lewis in terms of production and potential production.

broy
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM

I hope it'd be Seraphin. He has great potential and can play at both 4 and 5.

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 04:16 PM
The Magic also are nearing completion on a deal to send forward Rashard Lewis(notes) to the Wizards for Arenas, sources said. No other players or picks will be in that trade.

Wow, that leaves the Magic with no backup C

chazzy
12-18-2010, 04:17 PM
No Wizards big

Washington deal with Orlando is close and will be Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas straight up, sources say....no big going from Wiz to Orl
-Broussard Twitter

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
No Wizards big

-Broussard Twitter
Interesting...

Greensboro News - Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns agree on multiplayer deal, sources say: The Magic, a... http://nc.gs/ieGfg2 @Greensboro_NC

http://twitter.com/Greensboro_NC

Sources: Vince Carter dealt to Suns
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5932861&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

chazzy
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Well, Orlando had to do something. They weren't going to win with the same roster as last season.. they're giving up two offensive players who haven't been scoring, for a guy that's proven he fits well in Hedo, a deadly scorer in J Rich, and Arenas.. who hasn't been shooting well, but could flourish in this system. The only downside is they're giving up Gortat, who plays a solid role in filling in for Dwight when he inevitably gets into foul trouble.

Carter may be rejuvenated in PHX with their magical medical staff/Nash. Expecting some prime Carter dunks :oldlol:

AznTacoLover
12-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Damn, Orlando is being active! They probably getting hedo back.. and trading lewis for arenas..they're weak in the bigs postion so they have bass and howard.

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Well, Orlando had to do something. They weren't going to win with the same roster as last season.. they're giving up two offensive players who haven't been scoring, for a guy that's proven he fits well in Hedo, a deadly scorer in J Rich, and Arenas.. who hasn't been shooting well, but could flourish in this system. The only downside is they're giving up Gortat, who plays a solid role in filling in for Dwight when he inevitably gets into foul trouble.

Carter may be rejuvenated in PHX with their magical medical staff/Nash. Expecting some prime Carter dunks :oldlol:
I don't think people realize this at all. Howard is a whistle bait for the refs and not having Gortat will hurt bigtime in the long run.

Damn, Orlando is being active! They probably getting hedo back.. and trading lewis for arenas..they're weak in the bigs postion so they have bass and howard.
They've done well with Howard and Lewis for 2-3 seasons now. Howard+Bass defensive combo is much more threatening. The only hit they'll have is that Lewis creates mis-matches with his range, but from what we've seen so far this season and in the playoffs, it's just a myth.

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:23 PM

exactly.

don't sleep on earl clark either. he could easily give them some minutes at center with bass at pf.

have to think the magic ultimately get another big as well. but gortat wasn't vital to the success of this magic team at all really. it was good for gortat and the magic to part ways. now gortat can get playing time and the magic got rid of his contract.

they'll be able to find a way to replace gortat's 16 minutes a game with average defense and production. trust me.

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Soo....is this trade most likely not happening since the most dominant 2k backcourt ever was formed today?

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Soo....is this trade most likely not happening since the most dominant 2k backcourt ever was formed today?
What?

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:26 PM
I don't think people realize this at all. Howard is a whistle bait for the refs and not having Gortat will hurt bigtime in the long run.

They've done well with Howard and Lewis for 2-3 seasons now. Howard+Bass defensive combo is much more threatening. The only hit they'll have is that Lewis creates mis-matches with his range, but from what we've seen so far this season and in the playoffs, it's just a myth.

you are seriously over-rating gortat's value to the magic.

the dude plays between 11 and 15 minutes a game in the playoffs. thats it. he's a good player, but he isn't a vital piece for the magic.

they will be able to replace gortat with little to no drop off come playoff time. easily.

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM

the dude plays between 11 and 15 minutes a game in the playoffs. thats it. he's a good player, but he isn't a vital piece for the magic.

they will be able to replace gortat with little to no drop off come playoff time. easily.
Depends on the black and white stripes is what I'm getting at.

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM

I think the Magic still need a true backup C. Dwight needs his rest too. Especially going against guys like Gasol/Bynum/Shaq and need bigs against Wade/Lebron in case Dwight gets into foul trouble.

Clark isn't a C. He's rail thin. Orton is a PF. So who's available?

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:29 PM
What?
Nash+carter=DOMINANT

So...Since the Magic landed J-rich and Hedo are they still going to trade for Agent Zero? Doesnt make sense to do so now. Unless they deal Jameer as well for Mcgee, or trade for some bigs. Gortat does ALOT when Dwight gets in foul trouble.

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Depends on the black and white stripes is what I'm getting at.

right, but the magic' fate is tied to dwight no matter what. if he plays poorly or he's hurt or if he's in foul trouble it really doesn't matter.

without dwight playing great for an entire series...the magic are not going to win a title or beat another elite team.

the losing of gortat is being way overblown. he's a good player...don't get me wrong, but when you have dwight...your 15 minute a game backup center just isn't that important.

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I think the Magic still need a true backup C. Dwight needs his rest too. Especially going against guys like Gasol/Bynum/Shaq and need bigs against Wade/Lebron in case Dwight gets into foul trouble.

Clark isn't a C. He's rail thin. Orton is a PF. So who's available?

true.

they will obviously find a backup center. thats just a fact.

my point about clark is that he's 6-10 and could flourish playing alongside dwight when the magic want to go big or he could fill in some minutes at center playing with bass.

clark is not just some throw away player. he could potentially give this magic team 10 good minutes a game playing a variety of roles.

BallsOut
Nash+carter=DOMINANT

So...Since the Magic landed J-rich and Hedo are they still going to trade for Agent Zero? Doesnt make sense to do so now. Unless they deal Jameer as well for Mcgee, or trade for some bigs. Gortat does ALOT when Dwight gets in foul trouble.

Wow I didn't think about this. If the Lewis/Arenas swap doesn't go down, check this out:

SG: Richardson/Reddick
SF: Turkoglu/Richardson/Anderson
PF: Lewis/Bass/Clark
C: Howard/no one

Sort of like the 2008-2009 Magic. Their bench would suck though.

chazzy

Problem is they have no one to fill in. Clark is awful from what I've seen and cannot play backup center. Doubt he gets much PT this year. Dwight gets into foul trouble often and they need someone to fill in for him.. Gortat was more than just the ppg/rpg numbers you posted. Especially for a team that relies on their center's defense so much.

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Wow I didn't think about this. If the Lewis/Arenas swap doesn't go down, check this out:

SG: Richardson/Reddick
SF: Turkoglu/Richardson/Anderson
PF: Lewis/Bass/Clark
C: Howard/no one

Sort of like the 2008-2009 Magic. Their bench would suck though.
Exactly, and there's not any free agent centers anymore that would make a difference.

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Also! on an important note does this mean Clark can go back to wearing #5 and be E5 again!?!?!?!

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:33 PM
right, but the magic' fate is tied to dwight no matter what. if he plays poorly or he's hurt or if he's in foul trouble it really doesn't matter.

without dwight playing great for an entire series...the magic are not going to win a title or beat another elite team.

the losing of gortat is being way overblown. he's a good player...don't get me wrong, but when you have dwight...your 15 minute a game backup center just isn't that important.
This COMPLETELY changes if the trades are true. Gilbert, Richardson and Hedo can step it up in a playoffs series against a considerably good challenge they can come out victorious. Probably not against Celtics or Miami, Chicago even, but every other team with these three guys and they can definately pull out 4 wins.

And we're talking about in the long run. Howard getting into foul trouble, injuries stacking up, Bass under performing etc. Gortat is more of an insurance policy if you still don't get it. Yeah 15 mpg, but they can get higher. I get where you're coming from though, but I doubt Magic end up with just as good, or even insurance policy.

Nash+carter=DOMINANT

It'd be interesting to see how those two play together. But is that better than Nash+J.Rich combo right now?

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Problem is they have no one to fill in. Clark is awful from what I've seen and cannot play backup center. Doubt he gets much PT this year. Dwight gets into foul trouble often and they need someone to fill in for him.. Gortat was more than just the ppg/rpg numbers you posted. Especially for a team that relies on their center's defense so much.

but you assume that they won't get another backup center. they will. look. they need to find a way to get a big or bigs that can play 15 minutes a game. they can do that.

clark is not awful either. i never said he could play backup center consistently. what he can do is give you around 8 minutes of versatile play as a backup big in a number of different roles. he could play alongside dwight at times and he could play center in emergency situations for some stretches.

i know gortat is a good player, but it doesn't change the fact that he only plays 15 minutes a game in the playoffs on average and isn't a key player for the magic.

you can replace 15 minutes a game and average production and defense. you'll see.

i guarantee you right now that nobody is going to be looking at the reason the magic lose in the playoffs because they don't have gortat. nobody.

dee-rose
12-18-2010, 04:36 PM
If the magic are in trade talks with Pheonix at all.... why aren't they talking about Steve Nash? Otis Smith's ability to deal with his team in a slump is parallel to SVG's ability to make in-game decisions:facepalm

alenleomessi
12-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Wall get out of there while u can!

Really who is he gonna play with? Blatche? Yi? Lewis? :facepalm

Arroyo8
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
so

out

gortat
vince
rashard
pietrus

in

arenas
jrich
hedo
earl clark

is that right?

Rose
12-18-2010, 04:39 PM
o play together. But is that better than Nash+J.Rich combo right now?
....you miss my point. I plan on dominating on 2k with them. I want Nash to win, but those Suns aren't winning jack right now. :oldlol:

chazzy
12-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Didn't realize J Rich is scoring 19ppg on 47%, 42% from 3. Do they start him at the 2 or have him fill the Pietrus role?

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
This COMPLETELY changes if the trades are true. Gilbert, Richardson and Hedo can step it up in a playoffs series against a considerably good challenge they can come out victorious. Probably not against Celtics or Miami, Chicago even, but every other team with these three guys and they can definately pull out 4 wins.

And we're talking about in the long run. Howard getting into foul trouble, injuries stacking up, Bass under performing etc. Gortat is more of an insurance policy if you still don't get it. Yeah 15 mpg, but they can get higher. I get where you're coming from though, but I doubt Magic end up with just as good, or even insurance policy.

It'd be interesting to see how those two play together. But is that better than Nash+J.Rich combo right now?

but you are paying too much for that insurance policy...and that insurance policy is not 100% going to pay off. there are plenty of times when dwight gets in foul trouble that gortat comes in and sucks. just like most backups. is he a great backup? not really. is he a good backup? yes.

i just think everyone here over-rates gortat's value to the magic. i'm not saying him as a player. his value.

you also can't really play howard and gortat at the same time either.

the fact remains that the magic are not going to beat the elite teams in a playoff series with dwight out of the game. i disagree with you here. i like the new changes, but this team is going to go how dwight goes in the playoffs. whether you have gortat or not.

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
but you assume that they won't get another backup center. they will. look. they need to find a way to get a big or bigs that can play 15 minutes a game. they can do that.

clark is not awful either. i never said he could play backup center consistently. what he can do is give you around 8 minutes of versatile play as a backup big in a number of different roles. he could play alongside dwight at times and he could play center in emergency situations for some stretches.

i know gortat is a good player, but it doesn't change the fact that he only plays 15 minutes a game in the playoffs on average and isn't a key player for the magic.

you can replace 15 minutes a game and average production and defense. you'll see.

i guarantee you right now that nobody is going to be looking at the reason the magic lose in the playoffs because they don't have gortat. nobody.
We're not talking about 15 minutes. We're saying an insurance policy as good as Gortat. Will this replacement your visioning be able to play more than 15 mpg in certain important games and not be a complete liability? I doubt it.

And no one said Gortat is the key to the Magic's success. It's that he's much more important than you think. You need to get off the 15 mpg stuff and look at the big picture here.

but you are paying too much for that insurance policy...and that insurance policy is not 100% going to pay off. there are plenty of times when dwight gets in foul trouble that gortat comes in and sucks. just like most backups. is he a great backup? not really. is he a good backup? yes.

i just think everyone here over-rates gortat's value to the magic. i'm not saying him as a player. his value.

you also can't really play howard and gortat at the same time either.

the fact remains that the magic are not going to beat the elite teams in a playoff series with dwight out of the game. i disagree with you here. i like the new changes, but this team is going to go how dwight goes in the playoffs. whether you have gortat or not.
I know that dammit. But what if the whistle start raining? Do you really want Earl Clark to be in there other than Gortat. And I didn't say they'll beat elite teams, but they can beat other playoff teams or atleast challenge them.

No one said Howard and Gortat at the same time. But Bass/Anderson in foul trouble do you want Earl Clark/Orton/Hedo to the rescue?

Look at the big picture here.

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Didn't realize J Rich is scoring 19ppg on 47%, 42% from 3. Do they start him at the 2 or have him fill the Pietrus role?

not sure.

i'm thinking they bring him off the bench. it depends.

i'm assuming that they will start arenas. seems like j-rich is better suited to come off the bench.

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 04:42 PM

They probably will want him to be the 6th man considering how crappy the bench is. Plus you don't want to bring Arenas off the bench. Dude's ego won't allow it.

asdf1990
12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I really don't get why magic swapped, they are pretty much in the same situation again, bad player with a huge contract.

jaydacris
12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
how are the gun laws like in florida?

ginobli2311
12-18-2010, 04:46 PM
We're not talking about 15 minutes. We're saying an insurance policy as good as Gortat. Will this replacement your visioning be able to play more than 15 mpg in certain important games and not be a complete liability? I doubt it.

And no one said Gortat is the key to the Magic's success. It's that he's much more important than you think. You need to get off the 15 mpg stuff and look at the big picture here.

but gortat is not good enough to come in and play big minutes consistently either.

i understand what you are saying, but in practical terms it does not make sense.

will there be a drop off? of course, but its not going to be the impact you are potentially making it out to be.

trust me. if gortat had to play 35 minutes against the celtics or lakers he's going to get rocked just like other backups would. would gortat do better? yes, but not so much better that its worth keeping him.

its all about value. you can't look at things in a vacuum like you are.

BallsOut
I really don't get why magic swapped, they are pretty much in the same situation again, bad player with a huge contract.

I think Arenas/JRich/Hedo >>>>>>>> Carter/Lewis at this point in their careers.

Batz
Report: Magic agree to blockbuster deal
Goodbye, Vince. Hello again, Hedo.

Magic at a glance

Orlando Magic
Looking for the latest on the Magic? Get the inside slant, stats, scores, schedules and more scoops right here.

The Orlando Magic, in the midst of a 16-9 start to the season, have dispatched Vince Carter and re-acquired forward Hedo Turkoglu in a six-player trade with the Phoenix Suns, according to multiple Internet reports.

ESPN's Chris Broussard reported that the Magic will also receive Jason Richardson and Earl Clark in exchange for Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round draft pick and cash considerations.

The deal comes on the same day as a rumor that Orlando president Otis Smith has had discussions with the Washington Wizards regarding a potential trade for guard Gilbert Arenas.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Orlando-Magic-deal-Vince-Carter-six-player-trade-with-Phoenix-Suns-121810

It's official!!?!?!

dee-rose
12-18-2010, 04:47 PM
They just extended JJ redick though. Why would you want a 6th man at the SG if you just extended him? Unless they start Arenas this makes no sense.
They should start Arenas actually. They need a play maker that can find Howard in the paint and create his own shot.

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM
They just extended JJ redick though. Why would you want a 6th man at the SG if you just extended him? Unless they start Arenas this makes no sense.
They should start Arenas actually. They need a play maker that can find Howard in the paint and create his own shot.
I think Arenas should start. He would close to useless as a bench scorer.

NastaMaverick
12-18-2010, 04:50 PM
idk if this has been posted..
whoops ignore that just go to nba.com it says its now official

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:51 PM
idk if this has been posted..
We know about all this. We're looking for an official 'It's done' News.

NastaMaverick
12-18-2010, 04:52 PM
We know about all this. We're looking for an official 'It's done' News. read the rest of my post..that was the link when you click on the "its official" link on nba.com

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
read the rest of my post..that was the link when you click on the "its official" link on nba.com
Awesome!

Batz
12-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Updated first post. Looks like the Magic, Wizards deal is official!

EnoughSaid
12-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Does this make the Magic better? Who starts at SF though?

Kurosawa0
12-18-2010, 05:01 PM
So, what is the lineup going to be?

PG: Nelson
SG: Arenas
SF: Richardson
PF: Hedo
C: Dwight

?

Interesting I have to say.

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 05:03 PM

?

The way Van Gundy uses his lineups, I think JRich is coming off the bench at either the 2 or the 3 to be their 6th man. Hedo goes back to his natural SF position, the same year they made the finals in 2009. Bass will start alongside Dwight.

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Does this make the Magic better? Who starts at SF though?
No one can be sure about how they'll be. But just going off of predictions and 2k11... If you're not a magic fan GO INTO HIBERNATION.

And Hedo will most likely start at SF.

?

I don't know the deal with Jameer. No way can they start both Nelson and Arenas. That'll be worse than Jameer and Carter defensively.

And J-Rich will most likely be a instant bench scorer. Atleast that's what I would do.

Bosnian Sajo
12-18-2010, 05:08 PM
trade is a done deal http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magic-suns-trade/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

OFFICIALLY

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:10 PM
trade is a done deal http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18/magic-suns-trade/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

OFFICIALLY
First post updated!! :applause:

Jeff if you're alive change the thread title to first posts please!

Kurosawa0
12-18-2010, 05:11 PM
At worst I think this deal probably solidifies the Magic as the third best team in the East. I like Arenas + Hedo more than VC & Lewis, but I'm still not sold that it's enough to get them by Miami or Boston.

With Gortat out, they're going to be really dependent on Dwight staying out of foul trouble. That could be a big problem, against Miami specifically.

They may match up better against Boston though. That Christmas day game should be interesting.

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:15 PM
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/543/98741946.jpg

:applause:

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:18 PM
At worst I think this deal probably solidifies the Magic as the third best team in the East. I like Arenas + Hedo more than VC & Lewis, but I'm still not sold that it's enough to get them by Miami or Boston.

With Gortat out, they're going to be really dependent on Dwight staying out of foul trouble. That could be a big problem, against Miami specifically.

They may match up better against Boston though. That Christmas day game should be interesting.
Agree with everything.

AMISTILLILL
12-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Wow, I was NOT expecting this when I woke up this morning. I'd say it's an even trade for PHX/ORL. Both get stronger at positions that have sorely needed a boost, though who is going to backup Dwight?

Who still thinks they'll deal Jameer before the deadline? I see it happening at some point in January.

dee-rose
12-18-2010, 05:21 PM
PG: Arenas, Nelson, Duhon, Williams
SG: J-rich, Redick, (Arenas & Q-rich)
SF: Hedo, Q-rich
PF: Bass, Anderson, (Hedo)
C: Howard, Clark, Allen

That just screams we're not done trading yet.
Jameer Nelson just became the most obvious trading chip on the planet.

EnoughSaid
12-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Line up should be:

Arenas
Richardson
Hedo
Bass
Howard

alenleomessi
12-18-2010, 05:31 PM
If Magic someone can get Wallace with trading Nelson, they would be sick

Kurosawa0
12-18-2010, 05:32 PM
I do have to say that this was a letdown in one respect; When I saw that Phoenix and Orlando had made a trade I was like "Holy Shit! Orlando got Steve Nash!!??"

broy
12-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Isn't there a possibility to move Jameer for someone good who can play both 4 and 5? I think, Orlando has quite chance to do something like this.

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Jeff if you haven't figured it out I fully covered both the trades. I think I deserve a thread title which mentions both. :rant

YAWN
12-18-2010, 05:51 PM
hmm i think this helps my arenas fantasy stock

Batz
12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
hmm i think this helps my arenas fantasy stock
It'll go up tbh.

JohnWall2
12-18-2010, 06:06 PM
its WALL against the world yo

8BeastlyXOIAD
12-18-2010, 06:11 PM
its WALL against the world yo
:lol :lol

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/202836/john-wall-dance-o.gif

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Kingwillball
12-18-2010, 06:16 PM
PG: Arenas, Nelson, Duhon, Williams
SG: J-rich, Redick, (Arenas & Q-rich)
SF: Hedo, Q-rich
PF: Bass, Anderson, (Hedo)
C: Howard, Clark, Allen

That just screams we're not done trading yet.
Jameer Nelson just became the most obvious trading chip on the planet.

If the Heat were not an In state Rival the Heat would be a perfect place for him to go..

Kingwillball
12-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I think Arenas/JRich/Hedo >>>>>>>> Carter/Lewis at this point in their careers.

Maybe but they are also Losing Pietris and Gortat there two best(important Bench players)

dee-rose
12-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Maybe but they are also Losing Pietris and Gortat there two best(important Bench players)

Redick and Bass are more important this season. Although Bass will probably start now

JohnWall2
12-18-2010, 06:28 PM
:lol :lol

:bowdown: :bowdown:
:D

SilkyJohnson
12-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Will Arenas and Lewis be available for selection for their new sides tonight?

wakencdukest
brilliant move getting rid of Lewis!

Al Thornton
wtf? the magic just traded vince to get hedo back? :roll:

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
12-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Magic actually have a chance against Boston/Miami now.

Kingwillball
12-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Redick and Bass are more important this season. Although Bass will probably start now

Well Gortat is maybe the best backup Center in the NBA but he plays behind the best Center so he isn't used as much as he could be but is a great insurance policy for D12 if he missed some time not they are paper thin. Also Bass is a nice role Player not nothing special and Pietris was one of these clutchest Playoff performers over the past couple years.

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Well Gortat is maybe the best backup Center in the NBA but he plays behind the best Center so he isn't used as much as he could be but is a great insurance policy for D12 if he missed some time not they are paper thin. Also Bass is a nice role Player not nothing special and Pietris was one of these clutchest Playoff performers over the past couple years.

Magic will find another backup C. I'm sure Arenas is more clutch than Pietrus. You mad? :lol

Kingwillball
12-18-2010, 06:41 PM

No No No..They have wing players not as Good as the Heat and have 1 big to deal with the likes of Shaq, Perkins,KG Big Baby that is expecting a little too much out of D12 to stay out of Foul trouble and play Major minutes.

Kingwillball
12-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Magic will find another backup C. I'm sure Arenas is more clutch than Pietrus. You mad? :lol

Im not mad when Wade light Arenas up for 40..The Magic are no threat to Heat especially with Mike Miller coming back it is as good as Adding a Turk or Arenas without giving up anything..

BallsOut
12-18-2010, 06:52 PM
Im not mad when Wade light Arenas up for 40..The Magic are no threat to Heat especially with Mike Miller coming back it is as good as Adding a Turk or Arenas without giving up anything..

Sure and now James Jones gets no PT causing chemistry issues. And :oldlol: at Miller having more of an impact than Arenas/Turk

Duncan21formvp
12-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Well Arenas needs to start for the Magic to be legit title contenders.

macpierce
12-18-2010, 06:57 PM
the magic clearly werent winning anything before, at least now theyve improved their chances..........if arenas can get back into all star form, the magic also need one more big body however

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
12-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Exactly. Magic had 0% chance of a title with Lewis and Carter. It's a gamble but at least they have a chance to win it all if Arenas/Hedo stay healthy and get hot in the playoffs.

Mr. Grieves
12-18-2010, 07:16 PM
I think Arenas can be good for the Magic.

He had no motivation before. Stuck on a bad team but making huge money, why should he care? But now he is with a hungry D-12 and if Arenas gets motivated again it's gonna be awesome.

1987_Lakers
12-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Risky trade by the Magic, but it had to be done. The Magic were not the same once they swapped Hedo for Vince & now Hedo is back, Rashard Lewis has really degressed as a player so it was a good move to get rid of him. Jason Richardson is gonna fit fine with the Magic, but I'm not sure about Arenas. The player the Magic are gonna miss most is Pietrus. I see the Magic improving offensively, but degressing a bit defensively, but the Magic at this point desperately need some offense.

The Big Skinny
12-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Terrible trade. cannot believe we traded GIL for Rashard Muhfukin Lewis. He is a bum a$$ overpaid PF. We couldn't even pull off Gortat or any role player we could use. C'mon Ernie!

305Baller
12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
I like what Orlando did here. Will Arenas start at pg? If not then perhaps he will be the 6th man.

Lets see if Turk still has it.

If they put it together quickly they could make a run before the end of the season.

Kujo
12-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Great trade for ORL. Lewis has been awful this year. Gilbert is a big upgrade, and will provide instant offense off the bench.

OT, Pietrus was in and out of the Magic's rotation, so I don't see how they'll miss him.

It's A VC3!!!
12-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Great trade for ORL. Lewis has been awful this year. Gilbert is a big upgrade, and will provide instant offense off the bench.

OT, Pietrus was in and out of the Magic's rotation, so I don't see how they'll miss him.

If you watched the interview by Van Gundy, he said out of J.R, Hedo, or Gilbert one of those guys will definitely come off the bench, because he doesn't want Hedo playing the 4, so Hedo coming off the bench as a 2 or 3 makes the most sense, and he wants Gilbert on the court for no less then 32 minutes, and he wants him to play as much as he can without Jameer because the Magic don't want to make the mistake of bringing in a all star player and not giving him the ball in his hands, e.i Vince Carter

Harrison_Barnes
12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Rashard is horrible. Period.

And they're keeping Jameer which is odd... They can't possibly try a Jameer + Gilbert combo...

It seems like they are really set on keeping Nelson starting.. so it looks like it will be a Nelson Arenas backcourt.:oldlol:

Arroyo8
12-18-2010, 10:09 PM
whats the wizards lineup look like now

icewill36
12-18-2010, 11:57 PM
no way nelson starts.... im tellin u, arenas and jrich backcourt, hedo, shard, howard.... thats pretty sick.

d.bball.guy
12-19-2010, 12:56 AM
Arenas and Nelson backcourt and J-Rich gonna start at SF? Hedo PF?

d.bball.guy
12-19-2010, 12:57 AM
no way nelson starts.... im tellin u, arenas and jrich backcourt, hedo, shard, howard.... thats pretty sick.
FAIL, he just got traded.

bluechox2
12-19-2010, 02:16 AM
arenas should be a instant producer. i like the moves the magic pulled, made themselves younger and more athletic. no more stifs on the perimiter. Arenas is a better 3 point shooter, turgolu will get his mojo back from dwight in orlando, j-will is another dagger 3 shooter. only problem now for the magic is jameer...can he bring everyone on the same page.

Batz
12-19-2010, 02:25 AM
arenas should be a instant producer. i like the moves the magic pulled, made themselves younger and more athletic. no more stifs on the perimiter. Arenas is a better 3 point shooter, turgolu will get his mojo back from dwight in orlando, j-will is another dagger 3 shooter. only problem now for the magic is jameer...can he bring everyone on the same page.
He should be dealt. Atleast I would.

Man I'm dieing to see all these guys play. Anyone know when they're all going to play together?

nbacardDOTnet
12-19-2010, 02:28 AM

without Gortat ?

No No No..They have wing players not as Good as the Heat and have 1 big to deal with the likes of Shaq, Perkins,KG Big Baby that is expecting a little too much out of D12 to stay out of Foul trouble and play Major minutes.

this

Magic Vinsanity
12-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Nice interview with Gil, he's going to wear number 1 on his jersey as Orlando were his favourite team growing up and his favourite player was Penny. Pretty cool.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=98f3e14b-dfc1-45ff-b6b7-d72bcb48c0b0

without Gortat ?

Have you actually seen Gortat play this year?! He's been f*cking awful!

flipogb
12-19-2010, 05:04 AM
whats the wizards lineup look like now
Wall/Hinrich
Howard/Young
Lewis
Blatche
McGee

Im guessing it would look something like that

I don't know how they will perform but what I like is they make sense

people have clear roles and positions and there are no logjams in one position

Philly and Detroit both could learn something from that team

GhostDeini32
12-19-2010, 08:50 AM
i predict MIP for arenas.

eastern conference finals.

dwight howard.... MVP.

remember this.

Arroyo8
12-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Wall/Hinrich
Howard/Young
Lewis
Blatche
McGee

Im guessing it would look something like that

I don't know how they will perform but what I like is they make sense

people have clear roles and positions and there are no logjams in one position

Philly and Detroit both could learn something from that team

thank you :rockon:

ATL_Bball_King
12-19-2010, 02:49 PM
i predict MIP for arenas.

eastern conference finals.

dwight howard.... MVP.

remember this.

I could see this...Dont know about winning East finals but they can get there...

People are really sleeping on Gilbert Arenas...He has been on the WIZARDS!!!!!! How good have they ever been...And ask anyone in the league how happy they would be if someone just gave them Dwight Howard after having Javale Mcghee...I think this will resurrect his career...

JRich will do what carter jus did just more consistently...And yea i think Turk is the wild card because no one knows whats his problem...

As for people talking about Foul trouble on D Howard and that will cause them to epic failure... I mean this is now new stuff...Its people's game plans to get him in foul trouble every game and that is how people always thought in beating the magic... So this is not something new they dealt with...

I still dont think they can beat Boston in the East....But no team can in the east...Who else has possible 6 hall of famers...

But magic does have better offense and slightly worst defense...

Kingwillball
12-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I could see this...Dont know about winning East finals but they can get there...

People are really sleeping on Gilbert Arenas...He has been on the WIZARDS!!!!!! How good have they ever been...And ask anyone in the league how happy they would be if someone just gave them Dwight Howard after having Javale Mcghee...I think this will resurrect his career...

JRich will do what carter jus did just more consistently...And yea i think Turk is the wild card because no one knows whats his problem...

As for people talking about Foul trouble on D Howard and that will cause them to epic failure... I mean this is now new stuff...Its people's game plans to get him in foul trouble every game and that is how people always thought in beating the magic... So this is not something new they dealt with...

I still dont think they can beat Boston in the East....But no team can in the east...Who else has possible 6 hall of famers...

But magic does have better offense and slightly worst defense...

A little presumptuous aren't U ? The Heat hung with the Celtics when they were playing alot worse than they are now and Wade couldn't play any worse. They also have Mike Miller coming aboard soon not to mention they might another piece at the deadline.

BlackWhiteGreen
12-19-2010, 09:25 PM
A little presumptuous aren't U ? The Heat hung with the Celtics when they were playing alot worse than they are now and Wade couldn't play any worse. They also have Mike Miller coming aboard soon not to mention they might another piece at the deadline.

Never mind the 6 Hall of Famers argument. Pierce, Allen, KG, Shaq. Rondo, MAYBE. Then who? Nate Robinson? Jermaine O'Neal? :oldlol:

zORi
12-20-2010, 12:06 AM
He should be dealt. Atleast I would.

Man I'm dieing to see all these guys play. Anyone know when they're all going to play together?

Monday against Atlanta, don't expect much, though.

Gil will be the only one there in time for Team practice tomorrow morning (he hopped on a plane to Orlando the minute he found out he was traded), JRich, Hedo, and EC haven't gotten here yet.

All are expected to play, but they won't have practiced with us, yet. We are going to be disgusting on D tomorrow, I bet.

Batz
12-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Monday against Atlanta, don't expect much, though.

Gil will be the only one there in time for Team practice tomorrow morning (he hopped on a plane to Orlando the minute he found out he was traded), JRich, Hedo, and EC haven't gotten here yet.

All are expected to play, but they won't have practiced with us, yet. We are going to be disgusting on D tomorrow, I bet.
Atleast it's just the hawks.

alenleomessi
12-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Rashard Lewis to make debut for Wizards tonight

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/monday-morning-brew-top-1.html

Jason Richardson will play too, not sure about Arenas

zORi
12-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Rashard Lewis to make debut for Wizards tonight

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/12/monday-morning-brew-top-1.html

Jason Richardson will play too, not sure about Arenas

Yeah, Arenas and Turk will play, too. Turk is actually starting, tonight.

Harion
12-20-2010, 07:14 PM
they got back lazy ass mofo and added gun toting immature man-boy. hell yeah they got better :facepalm

no. let's just wait until the cancer spreads and declare this team too late to be saved by chemotherapy.

BallsOut
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
they got back lazy ass mofo and added gun toting immature man-boy. hell yeah they got better :facepalm

no. let's just wait until the cancer spreads and declare this team too late to be saved by chemotherapy.

Heat fans are scared.

HorryIsMyMVP
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM
They might be good if they trade Nelson and Dilbert for Nash.