PDA

View Full Version : Will Derrick Rose get the CP3 curse?

Skep
01-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Chris Paul in his 3rd season was putting up MVP type numbers.

21ppg 11.6apg 2.7spg

Now Chris Paul seems to have lost his mojo.

Its an interesting observation because both were in the MVP race at the exact same time of their career, and both PGs are similar in many ways.

Will he be the PG of the future like many deemed chris paul to be?

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
STFU u Bulls hater

Rose
01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Don't talk like that!

ashbelly
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: get em bulls fans.

Skep
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Its just an observation.
:violin:

Showtime
01-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Its just an observation.
:violin:
When did you "observe" a string of injuries with Rose?

ballup
01-03-2011, 06:04 PM
I think you hit a very touchy thought. :no:

Skep
01-03-2011, 06:06 PM
When did you "observe" a string of injuries with Rose?

At this time paul didnt have any serious injuries in his career either.

Rose is the most athletic PG in the league, driving into the paint constantly can greatly improve his chances of getting injured. Injuries are all chance, but the chances for them to happen are greater for an athletic player more so than anyone else.

DeronMillsap
01-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Skep being Skep again.

Sarcastic
01-03-2011, 06:11 PM
What CP3 curse? Paul is still one of the best PGs in the league. He just has shitty teammates.

Walduś
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
nope, but he might get the steve francis curse. :applause:

8BeastlyXOIAD
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
nope, but he might get the steve francis curse. :applause:
stillkill what up man

3rd account:oldlol: :oldlol:

Skep
01-03-2011, 06:17 PM
What CP3 curse? Paul is still one of the best PGs in the league. He just has shitty teammates.

His "shitty" teammates and him got off to an 11-1 start. Now he is playing lethargic, and without a sense of purpose and all of his stats have decreased.

Right now Best PG in the league goes

Deron
Rondo
Rose
Paul
Nash/Westbrook

Rose
01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
His "shitty" teammates and him got off to an 11-1 start. Now he is playing lethargic, and without a sense of purpose and all of his stats have decreased.

Right now Best PG in the league goes

Deron
Rondo
Rose
Paul
Nash/Westbrook
I like how the guy who has missed a third of the season is STILL higher than Rose to you.:facepalm

Stuckey
01-03-2011, 06:19 PM
chris paul didnt lose his mojo

so shut it love actually before i hole punch ya face

demons2005
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
it boggles my mind that people still want to put CP in the elite of PG's. He's averaging 16/9 ! Those aren't even all-star numbers, though he'll surely get in on reputation.

It's clear he's rapidly falling out of his prime at 26 years old.

Skep
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
I like how the guy who has missed a third of the season is STILL higher than Rose to you.:facepalm

Rondo will always be higher than Rose to me until Rose actual wins a playoff series.

I put him ahead of CP3, you should be happy.

VishaltotheG
01-03-2011, 06:22 PM

21ppg 11.6apg 2.7spg

Its an interesting observation because both were in the MVP race at the exact same time of their career, and both PGs are similar in many ways.

Um... No offense but what the hell is wrong with you? Do Bulls fans talk about D-Will like that?

Skep
01-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Um... No offense but what the hell is wrong with you? Do Bulls fans talk about D-Will like that?

Because the only person in the league right now who Dwill is compared to in game/style is Jason Kidd, look at his career:cheers:

Im not hating on Rose, he is one of the best in the game, its just an observation.

Rose
Rondo will always be higher than Rose to me until Rose actual wins a playoff series.

Not really. i don't care where you put him I just think it's funny how you still don't get that he's just plain better now.

demons2005
No because Dwill went to Illinois... OH AND He isn't averaging 16/9 on a mediocre team and looking like an old man on the court.

Skep
01-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Not really. i don't care where you put him I just think it's funny how you still don't get that he's just plain better now.

Have to see how that translates in the post season. Rondo has willed his team to the finals. Rose needs to atleast will his team to a 2nd round berth.

Stuckey
01-03-2011, 06:29 PM

rondo and rose had a great duel in the playoffs, i wouldnt rate either over the other

offensively rose is as tough as they come, he was the first option and was shitting on a great boston team

rondo never has that much pressure put on him, he didnt even dominate fisher in the finals, his pass first mentality makes it easy on defenses

Showtime
01-03-2011, 06:29 PM
At this time paul didnt have any serious injuries in his career either.

You related their careers and the possibility of Rose declining after his 3rd year. Hence the "curse" after the best season of his career. So, unless you have a crystal ball that shows Rose breaking down physically, then there's no basis to say he will decline.

And Paul's best season was arguably his 4th, and as far as injuries, he's had ankle problems and in his second season had a bolt holding his foot together. His troubles didn't start with his knee recently. He's had trouble staying healthy his entire career.

Rose is the most athletic PG in the league, driving into the paint constantly can greatly improve his chances of getting injured. Injuries are all chance, but the chances for them to happen are greater for an athletic player more so than anyone else.

Yes, but what makes you think to make this thread to compare him to Paul? Any aggressive player can get hurt. It doesn't mean he will have his career lessened because of it. Wade seems to be just fine at this point, despite his own health issues. I don't see the point in even making this thread.

Rose
01-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Have to see how that translates in the post season. Rondo has willed his team to the finals. Rose needs to atleast will his team to a 2nd round berth.
Ehh I wouldn't say willed as much as the other team's star player gave up.

demons2005
01-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Yes, but what makes you think to make this thread to compare him to Paul? Any aggressive player can get hurt. It doesn't mean he will have his career lessened because of it. Wade seems to be just fine at this point, despite his own health issues. I don't see the point in even making this thread.
lol i hope you're talking about Rose but let's face it youre the biggest Paul homer on the board so your probably still in denial about him. Theres a big difference between getting hurt and having your knee permanently removed, which is what happened to CP after his injury

Showtime
01-03-2011, 06:33 PM
it boggles my mind that people still want to put CP in the elite of PG's. He's averaging 16/9 ! Those aren't even all-star numbers, though he'll surely get in on reputation.

It's clear he's rapidly falling out of his prime at 26 years old.
Only two other PG's are dishing it out more. He's leading the league in steals, AST/TO ratio, has his team in the playoff race, and having one of the most efficient seasons of his career. I have no problem if people think Deron or Westbrook are having better seasons, but to say he doesn't even belong in the discussion is pretty ignorant. But why am I even talking to you? You are a troll.

Showtime
01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
lol i hope you're talking about Rose but let's face it youre the biggest Paul homer on the board so your probably still in denial about him. Theres a big difference between getting hurt and having your knee permanently removed, which is what happened to CP after his injury
Dude, your gimmick is old. I'm not a homer, never have been. I've criticized Paul, you are just a hater troll. I've even called out jkidd for his dumbass comments about Paul being the best player in the game.

Leon.Pown
01-03-2011, 06:53 PM
i like how this demons guy keeps rounding paul's assists down from 9.9 to 9...what a dumbass. not to mention points from 16.6 down to 16. are you still in 2nd grade learning how to round properly?

Bigsmoke
01-03-2011, 08:31 PM

i'm sure Rondo had more talented players around him than Rose:rolleyes:

nightprowler10
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM

The PG with three HOFers in his starting lineup willed his team to the finals?

Glide2keva
01-03-2011, 08:43 PM
The PG with three HOFers in his starting lineup willed his team to the finals?
They only made it because of him, not on their talent.

Clutch
01-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Rondo and Rose are 2 totally different players.

Rondo has better assist average but he also has better teammates.
Probably he is better than Rose in dishing but Rose is much bigger offensive threat.
He has improved his jumpshot,he can now do anything offensively while Rondo has a pretty bad jumpshot,he is not explosive as Rose and only thing you can expect from him every night is making a pass for the teammates.

So,if I am building my team and I must choose one of them,it would be Rose.

jasonresno
01-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Rondo and Rose are 2 totally different players.

Rondo has better assist average but he also has better teammates.
Probably he is better than Rose in dishing but Rose is much bigger offensive threat.
He has improved his jumpshot,he can now do anything offensively while Rondo has a pretty bad jumpshot,he is not explosive as Rose and only thing you can expect from him every night is making a pass for the teammates.

So,if I am building my team and I must choose one of them,it would be Rose.
+Respect.

CavaliersFTW
09-30-2015, 02:52 AM
He's cursed alright

LoneyROY7
09-30-2015, 02:58 AM
Curse be damned, 4 years later and CP's still in the conversation for best PG in basketball.

inclinerator
09-30-2015, 03:00 AM
cp3 is about a thousand times better is the difference

lil jahlil
09-30-2015, 12:19 PM

21ppg 11.6apg 2.7spg

Rose would have been lucky to have that curse. At least CP3 can play.

CavaliersFTW
09-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Rose would have been lucky to have that curse. At least CP3 can play.
True, CP3 can at least play the game he loves the most even if he never leaves the first round. Rose's curse is more like Oden's.

He's just made of glass out there. Any benign move that works for any other player could be a potential season ending injury for him he's just a ticking time bomb.

r15mohd
09-30-2015, 12:26 PM
True, CP3 can at least play the game he loves the most even if he never leaves the first round. Rose's curse is more like Oden's.

He's just made of glass out there. Any benign move that works for any other player could be a potential season ending injury for him he's just a ticking time bomb.

yup...that season he suffered the ACL tear, he battled a plethora of injuries.

this past season he looked OK on his return, wasn't in form but we definitely saw what propelled his MVP year at times. he'll be a perfect 2nd option to a big if he can better his jump shot more and not rely on the over-athletic drives for scoring only.

Darius
09-30-2015, 12:53 PM
CP3, if he hadn't had his knee injury, might well be the best player in the league.

The fact he is still very arguably the best PG in the league, without athleticism, is incredible.

However, CP3 combined 9/10 PG skills across the board (passing, tempo control, shooting, defense) with 8/10 athleticism before the injury.

Now CP3 is 10/10 PG skills with 4/10 athleticism.

Rose was 4/10 PG skills with 10/10 athleticism.

Now he is just 4/10 PG skills with 6/10 PG athleticism.

TLDR;

Rose doesn't have the PG skills to sustain his loss of athleticism, CP3 did.