PDA

View Full Version : Rondo is and has been the...

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Best non-shooting pg for the last 2 seasons.

ballup
01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Isn't he the only good one?:oldlol:

N0Skillz
01-05-2011, 10:50 PM

lol who is he really competing with in that category? Fisher?

HorryIsMyMVP
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Rondo the stat whore.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
He's one of the best defensive PG's in the league too

MrUnstopable
01-05-2011, 10:58 PM
:roll: :cheers: :applause:

Stuckey
01-05-2011, 11:01 PM
he's so lucky to be playing with 3 HOFers, he should be buying them dinner every time

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Stealing machine as well.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-05-2011, 11:03 PM
he's so lucky to be playing with 3 HOFers, he should be buying them dinner every time

He's gonna be buying Ray Allen a drink tonight to wash down whatever he was choking on at the foul line

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2011, 11:04 PM
He's gonna be buying Ray Allen a drink tonight to wash down whatever he was choking on at the foul line

that was the most WTF moment in the game, ray missing those 2 clutch shots, if it wasn't for manus anti-clutch last shot SASREFS could have pulled up the upset

VishaltotheG
01-05-2011, 11:05 PM

best PG who can't shoot?

ballup
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM
that was the most WTF moment in the game, ray missing those 2 clutch shots, if it wasn't for manus anti-clutch last shot SASREFS could have pulled up the upset
It has happened before if I recalled correctly, maybe twice in Ray's tenure with the Celtics. Still unbelievable.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-05-2011, 11:07 PM

Yea that was crazy I don't think I've ever seen Ray Allen miss 2 free throws in one game. Let alone in a row :eek:

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
best PG who can't shoot?

He can shoot from mid range he just can't hit 3's. But he means a PG that doesn't take a lot of shots.

jasonresno
01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
He can shoot from mid range he just can't hit 3's. But he means a PG that doesn't take a lot of shots.
Has his mid range game picked up? I haven't watched him much this year but last year he was always a roll of the dice from mid range. If he can solidify a jumpshot and hit some ****ing FTs he's got a legit shot at being the best PG in the league.

ballup
01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Has his mid range game picked up? I haven't watched him much this year but last year he was always a roll of the dice from mid range. If he can solidify a jumpshot and hit some ****ing FTs he's got a legit shot at being the best PG in the league.
He doesn't shoot in high volumes so you can't really say he's a deadly shooter. Most teams should still sag off him unless he starts hitting shots like he did tonight. He will get maybe a couple of midrange shots a game, but they are usually uncontested.

ashbelly
01-05-2011, 11:17 PM
How about freethrows ? Does he make them? rondo that is.

jasonresno
01-05-2011, 11:19 PM
I just checked. He shoots 41% from the line. That is truly a headscratcher. Is he too proud to say: "Hey, Ray. You're the best shooter in the league. How the hell do I shoot FTs?"

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-05-2011, 11:20 PM

Yea it has but really it has always been there he just doesn't take a lot of them because he can get into the paint so easily because guys sag off of him so much. But his FT's are a BIG problems he still sucks at that. But if his scoring picks up just a little bit then he will be the best PG in the league to me. Defensively he is in the top 3 if not #1 among PG's and even though he plays with 3 HOF's he still has amazing court vision and basketball IQ because he creates their shots for them all they do is move to their sweet spot and he hits them.

Glide2keva
01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
How about freethrows ? Does he make them? rondo that is.
No, he doesn't. He's shooting somewhere in the 40's I think. So all he is good for is passing to ray, kg and pierce.

Mr. Jabbar
01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
I just checked. He shoots 41% from the line. That is truly a headscratcher. Is he too proud to say: "Hey, Ray. You're the best shooter in the league. How the hell do I shoot FTs?"

Shaq is about to retire and never solved it out. Some people are just bad at ft's.

XxSMSxX
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM

It's not that easy, guys with huge ****ing hands like his and wide shoulders generally have trouble shooting a basketball

MMM
01-05-2011, 11:22 PM
It has happened before if I recalled correctly, maybe twice in Ray's tenure with the Celtics. Still unbelievable.

I remember the game vs Cle back in 07-08, it was Bos 2nd loss of the season. The game was tied with about 2 secs left or something and Ray miss both FTAs. Boston went on to lose in OT.

Bigsmoke
01-05-2011, 11:23 PM
does Rod Strickland count?

jasonresno
01-05-2011, 11:25 PM
It's not that easy, guys with huge ****ing hands like his and wide shoulders generally have trouble shooting a basketball
I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing but play basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.

ballup
Yea it has but really it has always been there he just doesn't take a lot of them because he can get into the paint so easily because guys sag off of him so much. But his FT's are a BIG problems he still sucks at that. But if his scoring picks up just a little bit then he will be the best PG in the league to me. Defensively he is in the top 3 if not #1 among PG's and even though he plays with 3 HOF's he still has amazing court vision and basketball IQ because he creates their shots for them all they do is move to their sweet spot and he hits them.
He's had a shot before, but it wasn't in a consistent spot. He used to have a long baseline midrange shot, but that disappeared. Then he had a pull up jumper at long midrange and 3, but that also disappeared. This new one seems like a keeper though.

His free throws are a problem, but can you really complain on how fast his point guard skills have grown?

MMM

He does a good job mainly from the elbow but he doesn't take a lot of shots. This year is by far his best shooting year though hitting 45% of his jumpers from 16-23ft. It doesn't really make sense that he is shooting 20% lower then his career FT% though.

Glide2keva
01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing with basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.
The word uncoachable comes to mind. I've heard that about him somewhere. Can't quite put my finger on it though.

MMM
01-05-2011, 11:28 PM
I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing with basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.

he has changed his technique a multiple of times which can tend to compound the problem he shooting motion this year seems much more consistent.

MMM
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
He's had a shot before, but it wasn't in a consistent spot. He used to have a long baseline midrange shot, but that disappeared. Then he had a pull up jumper at long midrange and 3, but that also disappeared. This new one seems like a keeper though.

His free throws are a problem, but can you really complain on how fast his point guard skills have grown?

haven't seen that since the championship season he hit a few big baseline jumpers during that playoff run. Who can forget the 2 big baseline 3 he hit to cut the Cavs lead in half.

sh0wtime
01-05-2011, 11:32 PM
Pretty good triple double tonight, a few more steals and he would had a quadruple double.

XxSMSxX
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I mean... the man makes millions of dollars a year to do nothing but play basketball. He practices with the best shooter in the NBA in Ray Allen. There's no reason he can't learn to shoot FTs. I promise you it's probably his attitude. He probably doesn't want to change his technique. It's good to be hard nosed and stubborn sometime but he needs to humble himself and hire a damn FT teacher.

I mean the kid has made huge improvements in his game every year him not wanting to learn to shoot free throws because of his attitude wouldn't make any sense at all

AI3Anthony
01-05-2011, 11:37 PM
what the **** does that even mean? the best NON SHOOTING point guard? That's not saying anything.

ballup
01-05-2011, 11:44 PM
The word uncoachable comes to mind. I've heard that about him somewhere. Can't quite put my finger on it though.
That got thrown around once for his stubbornness at the 09 offseason. It doesn't mean he's unwilling to learn how to shoot free throws. The guy can only learn so much in an offseason and so far, his vastly improved his point guard skills and his midrange jumper.

plUto or bUst
01-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Rondo scores over 10 points a game without shooting the basketball. That's how good he is.

MMM
01-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Just read that this is the first time in nba history that a player had a 10+/10+/20+/5+ stls game ever.

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Just read that this is the first time in nba history that a player had a 10+/10+/20+/5+ stls game ever.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 12:56 AM
I mean the kid has made huge improvements in his game every year him not wanting to learn to shoot free throws because of his attitude wouldn't make any sense at all
Rose fans wil say anything to say something negative about Rondo. They can't help themselves.

az00m
01-06-2011, 01:02 AM
The dude seriously shoots freethrows like dennis rodman. He just doesn't give a shit.

If you watched dennis rodman play, he would go to line and just throw the ball towards the rim.

Also wilt is terrible because he wasnt allowed to dunk anymore from the free throw line http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxDdnzpnU8

christian1923
01-06-2011, 01:20 AM
he'd be average on any other team

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
he'd be average on any other team

How do you figure that?

christian1923
01-06-2011, 01:34 AM
How do you figure that?

Because i dont think he'd be getting 14 assists if he was passing to bogans, brewer boozer or noah... or whoever the fudge chris pauls teammates are.. and he cant score for shitt lol but i could be wrong

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Because i dont think he'd be getting 14 assists if he was passing to bogans, brewer boozer or noah... or whoever the fudge chris pauls teammates are.. and he cant score for shitt lol but i could be wrong

Lol well not even Steve Nash could get assists with those guys except for Boozer he's a G. But I understand what you are saying that he has guys like Pierce and Allen to make shots but if you look at tonight even Glen Davis had 23 points on a good percentage. Rondo opens up the floor for those guys and gets them their shots. Pierce and Allen especially wouldn't be nearly as successful without a guy to get them their shots.

Chris Quinn
01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
he got TWENTY-TWO DIMES

christian1923
01-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Lol well not even Steve Nash could get assists with those guys except for Boozer he's a G. But I understand what you are saying that he has guys like Pierce and Allen to make shots but if you look at tonight even Glen Davis had 23 points on a good percentage. Rondo opens up the floor for those guys and gets them their shots. Pierce and Allen especially wouldn't be nearly as successful without a guy to get them their shots.

hes nice lol i juss dont like something about him :confusedshrug:

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 01:45 AM

DING!

Chris Quinn
01-06-2011, 01:47 AM
i can make rondo sit the BENCH

christian1923
01-06-2011, 01:48 AM
i can make rondo sit the BENCH

sickk

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 01:54 AM
And you say this on the day he gets 20 assists without KG. He averaged a triple-double over a series vs. Chi without KG. The man can play, whether people that don't understand what he's doing out there realize it or not.

Would he average 14 assists in Chi? We have no idea. Bogans stinks but don't act like Boozer, Noah and Deng aren't good players. NBA players in general can hit shots, they're the best players in the world after all. An assist happens when a player receives a pass and makes a basket within two steps. No matter who that player is. Pierce, Allen, and KG are all good shooters by the standards of their positions but Pierce and Allen have both been enhanced by Rondo. Pierce especially has never shot this well and it has much to do with how Rondo is running the offense.

The truly mind-numbing thing about the silly idea that Rondo is an average pg is that it means Doc must not kniow what he's doing. Why would Rivers put the ball in the hands of an average guard every play? How is an average guard running the offense of the best team in the Eastern Conference? People really think they'd leave the ball in his hands if he were not a special talent? Really?

How many average guards have averaged 14 assists?

Enough.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 02:10 AM
And you say this on the day he gets 20 assists without KG. He averaged a triple-double over a series vs. Chi without KG. The man can play, whether people that don't understand what he's doing out there realize it or not.

Would he average 14 assists in Chi? We have no idea. Bogans stinks but don't act like Boozer, Noah and Deng aren't good players. NBA players in general can hit shots, they're the best players in the world after all. An assist happens when a player receives a pass and makes a basket within two steps. No matter who that player is. Pierce, Allen, and KG are all good shooters by the standards of their positions but Pierce and Allen have both been enhanced by Rondo. Pierce especially has never shot this well and it has much to do with how Rondo is running the offense.

The truly mind-numbing thing about the silly idea that Rondo is an average pg is that it means Doc must not kniow what he's doing. Why would Rivers put the ball in the hands of an average guard every play? How is an average guard running the offense of the best team in the Eastern Conference? People really think they'd leave the ball in his hands if he were not a special talent? Really?

Enough.
Whoever calls Rondo an average PG is basketball illiterate. Whoever attacks Rondo because he dishes so many dimes is a moron. Rondo is THE perfect PG minus his attitude (which is debatable, I suppose. But I've heard "uncoachable" more times than not.) and his offensive game. If Rondo can put in the work to really find a jump shot and shoot better than Shaq from the FT line (40% is embarrasing) He'll be a superstar. He can drive, he's fast, and he has an unreal court vision. He has a high basketball IQ and by virtue of his play he makes the players around him better.

I still hate the Celtics. I hate Rondo. But I'll give him all of that. The reason why I'd take Rose over Rondo in a heartbeat is maybe puzzling or maybe not: Rose is a more dynamic player, He's humble and willing to submit himself to the learning process, and every single facet of his game that's been called a weakness he's turned into a strength- Mid range, 3 pt shooting, taking over games and being assertive, and even racking up more dimes. Most of all I don't think Rose is even near his peak. Rose is also the focal point of the defense and under constant pressure. A treatment Rondo has never gotten.

IF Rondo can develop that offensive portion of his game and Rose stops growing then I've got no qualms putting him 1a and Rose 1b. But that's just not the case yet.

christian1923
01-06-2011, 02:10 AM

Enough.

Ya but he also has no pressure to score like all the other great point guards too. he also gets left open, i wanna see it when he doesnt start with 4 other hall of famers. You cant say he doesnt have it easy

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Ya but he also has no pressure to score like all the other great point guards too. he also gets left open, i wanna see it when he doesnt start with 4 other hall of famers. You cant say he doesnt have it easy

So why doesn't Derek Fisher average 14 dimes a game? Or Carlos Arroyo? I mean they got HOFers littered all over their team. So becuase Rondo doesn't score 20 a game he's average? Him getting left open is to his advantage, he gets a full head of steam driving into the lane and is able to see the floor MUCH better to make the right passes and hit the elbow jumper. Rondo scores by getting his teammates wide open jumpers and easy layups which gets the whole team involved and makes the offense run much smoother. And his team is sitting pretty at the top of the eastern conference. And why do you all ignore what this man does on the defensive side of the ball?

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 02:32 AM
Whoever calls Rondo an average PG is basketball illiterate. Whoever attacks Rondo because he dishes so many dimes is a moron. Rondo is THE perfect PG minus his attitude (which is debatable, I suppose. But I've heard "uncoachable" more times than not.) and his offensive game. If Rondo can put in the work to really find a jump shot and shoot better than Shaq from the FT line (40% is embarrasing) He'll be a superstar. He can drive, he's fast, and he has an unreal court vision. He has a high basketball IQ and by virtue of his play he makes the players around him better."Uncoachable?" If you think he got this good at running a team just based on his own ideas then you have an even higher opinion of his intelligence than I do. He was headstrong, a bit stubborn when he was younger but he's matured since then and has been learning from Doc and the rest of the staff since he got here. No, he does not have good shooting mechanics.

But it's not due to uncoachability or lack of effort.

He's worked with Mark Price, It's like this: His whole life Pre-NBA he had been shooting with poor mechanics that got hard-wired into his cerebellum. Practice does not necessarily make perfect, it makes permanent, and so all of his NBA shooting instructors as well as Rondo himself have to fight the bad technique he had ironed into his form for years. When you walk you do not think, "raise right foot, slight knee bend, lower foot, raise left foot, slight twist 29.32 degrees" etc., you just walk. Similarly, most players aren't thinking about their form and the process when they take a jumper, they just shoot. But because Rondo had those bad mechanics hard-wired into his cerebellum he has had to struggle to improve his jumper. There has been some progress, but he still has hurdles to overcome.

I still hate the Celtics. I hate Rondo. But I'll give him all of that. The reason why I'd take Rose over Rondo in a heartbeat is maybe puzzling or maybe not: Rose is a more dynamic player, He's humble and willing to submit himself to the learning process, and every single facet of his game that's been called a weakness he's turned into a strength- Mid range, 3 pt shooting, taking over games and being assertive, and even racking up more dimes. Most of all I don't think Rose is even near his peak. Rose is also the focal point of the defense and under constant pressure. A treatment Rondo has never gotten.
What they actually do is of far more importance than Rose being "humble." Rondo will and has looked into a camera and said, "I'm the best point guard in the NBA." And now he's backing that up with Stockton-level production. So is his lack of humility hurting him? I've met a few pro athletes. They radiated arrogance. The NBA is full egoes, you have to have a high level of self confidence.

And just for the record, Rose is probably extremely cocky. To think that you can dominate an NBA game you have to have a high confidence level regardless of how you act in front of the media.

IF Rondo can develop that offensive portion of his game and Rose stops growing then I've got no qualms putting him 1a and Rose 1b. But that's just not the case yet.
Rose isn't the only player improving here, but you can think what you want. I'll take the best passing and defensive PG in the game.

christian1923
01-06-2011, 02:35 AM
So why doesn't Derek Fisher average 14 dimes a game? Or Carlos Arroyo? I mean they got HOFers littered all over their team. So becuase Rondo doesn't score 20 a game he's average? Him getting left open is to his advantage, he gets a full head of steam driving into the lane and is able to see the floor MUCH better to make the right passes and hit the elbow jumper. Rondo scores by getting his teammates wide open jumpers and easy layups which gets the whole team involved and makes the offense run much smoother. And his team is sitting pretty at the top of the eastern conference. And why do you all ignore what this man does on the defensive side of the ball?

well fisher and arroyo arnt very good lol and they dont control the ball, but yeahh hes a good player and his defense is good. im juss saying i dont think he'd be an elite point guard on a so-so team. and u cant prove me wrong cuz we havent seen it yet

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 02:40 AM
"Uncoachable?" If you think he got this good at running a team just based on his own ideas then you have an even higher opinion of his intelligence than I do. He was headstrong, a bit stubborn when he was younger but he's matured since then and has been learning from Doc and the rest of the staff since he got here. No, he does not have good shooting mechanics.
He quit before he was cut from the Olympic Team because he wouldn't follow the Coaches. Doc even said he was uncoachable. If Rondo wasn't as good as he is he'd be out of a job.

And just for the record, Rose is probably extremely cocky. To think that you can dominate an NBA game you have to have a high confidence level regardless of how you act in front of the media.

On making the All Star Team:

"but just get me on the team. Let me be the water boy or something like, the towel boy, let me run the clock, Just get me in there."

Rose has never been anything but humble. But that isn't here or there.

But it's not due to uncoachability or lack of effort.
Then it's due to inability? Rose had NO three point game since coming to the NBA. His first two years he couldn't make a shot from out there. In ONE SUMMER he turned it around. Before the first game of the season he told reporters, "I've got a 3 point shot now. It feels good." And nobody believed him. Now he's shooting a great percentage, with a great volume, from out there. THAT epitomizes his game. If it needs improving it will be improved. Great players make those improvements regardless of circumstance.

What they actually do is of far more importance than Rose being "humble." Rondo will and has looked into a camera and said, "I'm the best point guard in the NBA." And now he's backing that up with Stockton-level production.
But he ISN'T the best PG in the game. Rose and Deron are better than him. They are more rounded players. Rose and Dwill both play good D, can drop 10 dimes a night, and put the team on their shoulders and score 30 on any given night. Rondo can't do that.

If he can learn how, awesome, but until then there's no way in hell you can put him on the same level.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Shaq's not averaging 25 ppg, he's averaging 10. People say "Four Hall of Famers" but ignore the fact that not a one of them is putting up HoF statistics. Which Celtic is averaging 20? Is KG or Shaq an MVP candidate? Is Ray Allen in the discussion for best SG in the league right now? Pierce and Garnett will probably make the All-Star game. Allen has a fair shot, and Shaq will only make it if Doc rigs the voting. Fact of the matter is that the only Celt that has HoF-worthy statlines with regularity is Rondo.

You say he has it "easy." Question: Is it easy for a pg to grab 10 rebounds? or manage the egoes of "Four Hall of Famers?" He is surrounded by good players, and he has managed to make them play great basketball as an offensive unit. It is not easy, he just makes it look that way because he's a great point guard.

XxSMSxX
well fisher and arroyo arnt very good lol and they dont control the ball, but yeahh hes a good player and his defense is good. im juss saying i dont think he'd be an elite point guard on a so-so team. and u cant prove me wrong cuz we havent seen it yet

You can have your opinion and that's fine but don't use that against him cause you have no idea how that would work

jasonresno
Shaq's not averaging 25 ppg, he's averaging 10. People say "Four Hall of Famers" but ignore the fact that not a one of them is putting up HoF statistics. Which Celtic is averaging 20? Is KG or Shaq an MVP candidate? Is Ray Allen in the discussion for best SG in the league right now? Pierce and Garnett will probably make the All-Star game. Allen has a fair shot, and Shaq will only make it if Doc rigs the voting. Fact of the matter is that the only Celt that has HoF-worthy statlines with regularity is Rondo.

You say he has it "easy." Question: Is it easy for a pg to grab 10 rebounds? or manage the egoes of "Four Hall of Famers?" He is surrounded by good players, and he has managed to make them play great basketball as an offensive unit. It is not easy, he just makes it look that way because he's a great point guard.
Apparently not. Rondo is only averaging 4rpg. You make it sound like Rondo is the coach, by the way. I thought that was Docs job? And what were the Celtics record when Rondo was out with his injury this year? Purely curious.

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 02:46 AM
But he ISN'T the best PG in the game. Rose and Deron are better than him. They are more rounded players. Rose and Dwill both play good D, can drop 10 dimes a night, and put the team on their shoulders and score 30 on any given night. Rondo can't do that.

If he can learn how, awesome, but until then there's no way in hell you can put him on the same level.

Naw as we saw tonight instead of just drop 30 he'll just drop 20 dimes :pimp:

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Naw as we saw tonight instead of just drop 30 he'll just drop 20 dimes :pimp:
Haha, I'll tell you what: If Rondo drops 20 dimes as often as Deron Williams and Derrick Rose drop 30 points I'll concede that point to ya :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 02:51 AM
He quit before he was cut from the Olympic Team because he wouldn't follow the Coaches. Doc even said he was uncoachable. If Rondo wasn't as good as he is he'd be out of a job.This is entirely you guessing. Coach K probably didn't think he was as good for the team as the other guards on the roster but no one from USA basketball has come out and said anything publicly negative about his attitude. You have this preconceived determination that his tude is bad and are now inventing "facts" to fit your case. That doesn't fly.

On making the All Star Team:

"but just get me on the team. Let me be the water boy or something like, the towel boy, let me run the clock, Just get me in there."

Rose has never been anything but humble. But that isn't here or there.
So?

Then it's due to inability? Rose had NO three point game since coming to the NBA. His first two years he couldn't make a shot from out there. In ONE SUMMER he turned it around. Before the first game of the season he told reporters, "I've got a 3 point shot now. It feels good." And nobody believed him. Now he's shooting a great percentage, with a great volume, from out there. THAT epitomizes his game. If it needs improving it will be improved. Great players make those improvements regardless of circumstance.
I think I just explained Rondo's shooting problems well enough. If you couldn't understand then that's unfortunate but I don't have the patience to explain it any further this evening. Rose's shot is better.Good for Rose.

This is your opinion. My opinion is that he's behind Williams and Paul. And in his opiunion, he's the best. So?

Rondo is just as good as Rose and may be better. You know why I can say that? Because I'm not in Hell, which is where your statement would apply. Nyah-nyah.

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 02:52 AM
Haha, I'll tell you what: If Rondo drops 20 dimes as often as Deron Williams and Derrick Rose drop 30 points I'll concede that point to ya :oldlol:

:cheers:

Ya kno you and RMWG should just fly out to a remote location and fight to the death over which PG is better, oh and video tape it so i can make some money :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 02:54 AM
Apparently not. Rondo is only averaging 4rpg. You make it sound like Rondo is the coach, by the way. I thought that was Docs job? And what were the Celtics record when Rondo was out with his injury this year? Purely curious.
Rondo averages 4rpg but has had a number of triple doubles, like he had this evening. PG is "coach on the floor," please don't make this debate even more tedious. And lastly, if you want to know what the Cs record is without Rondo, you can go to celtics.com.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 02:55 AM
This is entirely you guessing. Coach K probably didn't think he was as good for the team as the other guards on the roster but no one from USA basketball has come out and said anything publicly negative about his attitude. You have this preconceived determination that his tude is bad and are now inventing "facts" to fit your case. That doesn't fly.
there.
Haha, are you serious? Rondo is notorious for having a bad attitude and not wanting to take direction. It's part of what people like about him. ESPN ran a 8 day article detailing Rondo from highschool all the way to the pros and he's always been like that.

So?
You guessed Rose was arrogant/cocky. I proved he wasn't.

I think I just explained Rondo's shooting problems well enough. If you couldn't understand then that's unfortunate but I don't have the patience to explain it any further this evening. Rose's shot is better.Good for Rose.
And I responded by saying good players make adjustments regardless of context.

This is your opinion. My opinion is that he's behind Williams and Paul. And in his opiunion, he's the best. So?
I completely agree with you. He's behind Williams and Paul. And Rose is ahead of both of them.

Rondo is just as good as Rose and may be better. You know why I can say that? Because I'm not in Hell, which is where your statement would apply. Nyah-nyah.
You get snappy! We just havin' a convo here.

And lastly, if you want to know what the Cs record is without Rondo, you can go to celtics.com.
I'm bettin' it was still pretty damn good, no?

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm sorry, I'm just not interested in this any longer. The "points" have gotten extremely minor.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 03:00 AM
And it's 1am. Peace. And I don't understand how they've gotten "minor". I've been making the same points from post one, a year ago when we were having this convo, to now. And they still hold water.

ballup
01-06-2011, 03:04 AM

Rose actually had some kind of 3 point shot and he didn't have horrible shooting mechanics before he entered the NBA. It's not like he couldn't make a shot from 3, he was probably not confident in his shot. All Rose had to do was get more shots up and tweak his mechanics. Rondo, on the other hand, had to completely discard his old form and start from scratch. Also include the fact that Rose has less ramifications for taking shots then Rondo does, which leads to less in game practice for Rondo's shot.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 03:07 AM
Rose actually had some kind of 3 point shot and he didn't have horrible shooting mechanics before he entered the NBA. It's not like he couldn't make a shot from 3, he was probably not confident in his shot. All Rose had to do was get more shots up and tweak his mechanics. Rondo, on the other hand, had to completely discard his old form and start from scratch. Also include the fact that Rose has less ramifications for taking shots then Rondo does, which leads to less in game practice for Rondo's shot.
One month into the season Rose had already made more 3 pt shots THIS SEASON then he had his first two years COMBINED. Sir, that has to mean he didn't have one or he'd of been using it.

I see where you're coming from with Rondo but I think, again, that's what creates good players and great players. The willingness and ability to alter and grow.

I'm never going to try to take anything away from Rondo. He's an amazing player but right now he's the Mona Lisa with a tear down the bottom half. A gorgeous painting but a little mending would make it perfect.

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 03:11 AM
One month into the season Rose had already made more 3 pt shots THIS SEASON then he had his first two years COMBINED. Sir, that has to mean he didn't have one or he'd of been using it.

I see where you're coming from with Rondo but I think, again, that's what creates good players and great players. The willingness and ability to alter and grow.

I'm never going to try to take anything away from Rondo. He's an amazing player but right now he's the Mona Lisa with a tear down the bottom half. A gorgeous painting but a little mending would make it perfect.

He only had 32 makes, there's a big difference between not being confident in your long range jumper and just never having it in your arsenal to begin with.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 03:14 AM
He only had 32 makes, there's a big difference between not being confident in your long range jumper and just never having it in your arsenal to begin with.
And I'd argue one way is as useless as the other. He shot something like 24% his first two years and now he's shooting 40%. No matter how you want to look at it for 2 years he couldn't/didn't/wouldn't shoot 3s. And now it's a huge part of his game and, as a result, a good sign of growth.

ballup
01-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Just because he had some 3 point ability, it doesn't mean he had to use it. Some people are more reserved and would like to use their abilities when they are more perfected. Didn't Channing Frye do the same thing last year in Phoenix?

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 03:24 AM
And I'd argue one way is as useless as the other. He shot something like 24% his first two years and now he's shooting 40%. No matter how you want to look at it for 2 years he couldn't/didn't/wouldn't shoot 3s. And now it's a huge part of his game and, as a result, a good sign of growth.

Confidence is MUCH easier to fix then having broken mechanics on top of not having the body type more preferable for shooting, i'm not saying he didn't grow because that would be a retarded thing to say but it's not the same as what Rondo is going through

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Just because he had some 3 point ability, it doesn't mean he had to use it. Some people are more reserved and would like to use their abilities when they are more perfected. Didn't Channing Frye do the same thing last year in Phoenix?
You're probably right it's getting late and I'm slowing down.

I just gotta reiterate: he's doing something he's never done at a pro level. That in and of itself is impressive and it's making him dynamic. The reason he did or didn't shoot 3s before is irrelevant.

@SMS sure confidence is easier to fix. But there's a reason these guys are making obscene amounts of dough. It's because it's their job. If Rondo puts the work in he can fix it. ****, for 10 mil a year I'll fix my jumper.

MMM
01-06-2011, 03:50 AM

Many people would describe the PG position as the coach on the floor and Rondo does that job as good as anyone in the league. The Celtics have been executing like a well oiled machine with Rondo in the line up.

MMM
01-06-2011, 04:03 AM
I'm bettin' it was still pretty damn good, no?

Celtics are 6-4 without Rondo
@ Tor L
@ Atl W
vs NJ W
vs Atl W
vs Ind W
vs Phi W
@ Orl L
@ Ind W
@ Det L
vs NO L

Even if lets say the team did finish with a better record it wouldn't mean much. For example, what was the Celtics record with out KG in 07-08 and 08-09??? pretty damn good, no????? The C's were 8-2 without KG in 08 and 18-8 in 09 yet it would be pretty foolish to question KG impact on the Celtics and it would be just as foolish to do it with Rondo.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Seeing as assists are actually worth at least 2 points to the team, if you multiply Rondo and Rose's assist per game (14.0 and 8.3) by 2 and add that to their average points output (10.7 and 23.8), the number of points that they give to their team per game are 38.7 and 40.4 respectively. Not that much of a difference, no? And when you consider that many of Rondo's assists are for open three pointers, you could conceivably add the extra couple of points to make that equal to Rose's output. Last night Rondo gave his team at least 56 points, assuming none of the assists were for 3's (not true as I remember one transition 3 for Pierce, but I cba to go through the play-by-play to find out how many 3 pointers he assisted on).

And yeah, now you're going to tell me to watch the games. When really, I can't imagine any Bulls fans to have watched last night's game.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Seeing as assists are actually worth at least 2 points to the team, if you multiply Rondo and Rose's assist per game (14.0 and 8.3) by 2 and add that to their average points output (10.7 and 23.8), the number of points that they give to their team per game are 38.7 and 40.4 respectively. Not that much of a difference, no? And when you consider that many of Rondo's assists are for open three pointers, you could conceivably add the extra couple of points to make that equal to Rose's output. Last night Rondo gave his team at least 56 points, assuming none of the assists were for 3's (not true as I remember one transition 3 for Pierce, but I cba to go through the play-by-play to find out how many 3 pointers he assisted on).

And yeah, now you're going to tell me to watch the games. When really, I can't imagine any Bulls fans to have watched last night's game.
You're right. Rose is a little better than Rondo and it all comes down to the offense. That's what I've been saying all thread long brother. I thought Rose fans were defensive but by God you do take the cake for most insecure Rondo homer on the forum. And if you want to hypothetically make Rondos assists count for 3 instead of 2 then you have to do the same for Rose just as often. Alot of Rose assists come from drive and kicks to Korver and Deng in the corners.

Even if lets say the team did finish with a better record it wouldn't mean much. For example, what was the Celtics record with out KG in 07-08 and 08-09??? pretty damn good, no????? The C's were 8-2 without KG in 08 and 18-8 in 09 yet it would be pretty foolish to question KG impact on the Celtics and it would be just as foolish to do it with Rondo.
So the Celtics played just as well without KG as they did with him for those two stretches? Take Rose off the Bulls and see what that does to my record. There's my point and you just helped prove it for me.

MMM
01-06-2011, 11:10 AM
You're right. Rose is a little better than Rondo and it all comes down to the offense. That's what I've been saying all thread long brother. I thought Rose fans were defensive but by God you do take the cake for most insecure Rondo homer on the forum. And if you want to hypothetically make Rondos assists count for 3 instead of 2 then you have to do the same for Rose just as often. Alot of Rose assists come from drive and kicks to Korver and Deng in the corners.

So the Celtics played just as well without KG as they did with him for those two stretches? Take Rose off the Bulls and see what that does to my record. There's my point and you just helped prove it for me.

Yes, the Celtics are build in a unique way they can absorb a loss of a key player better than any other team. So I'm not sure if your point is valid in terms of Boston because a player like KG, Rondo, or Pierce obviously have a huge impact on the Celtics success despite the Celtics ability to win games without them.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 11:12 AM

To be fair Rondo also has the All D first team to his name, but whatever. I did forget to add the 3's to Rose's assists yeah, but because Rondo has more assists it would still make it closer (assuming their assists are at a similar % between 2 and 3 pointers - again, too lazy to check up on that). I'm really not even that much of a Rondo homer, I'm a Celtics fan. You won't catch me saying "Rondo needs more shots" every game like you do with Spudjjay.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Yes, the Celtics are build in a unique way they can absorb a loss of a key player better than any other team. So I'm not sure if your point is valid in terms of Boston because a player like KG, Rondo, or Pierce obviously have a huge impact on the Celtics success despite the Celtics ability to win games without them.
A unique way? Gimme a break- They're stacked! No one part is as valuable to their team as Rose is to the Bulls. That includes this bonerism for Rondo. The Celtics can win just fine without him and that says something.

MMM
01-06-2011, 11:14 AM
A unique way? Gimme a break- They're stacked! No one part is as valuable to their team as Rose is to the Bulls. That includes this bonerism for Rondo. The Celtics can win just fine without him and that says something.

Yea but the team won fine without KG in 08 and 09 that doesn't make Rose of 2011 more valuable than what KG value was to that championship team

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 11:14 AM

No, the Celtics are built like very few other teams - they do not have one standout player who is clearly the best guy, like the Bulls/Lakers/Magic/Mavericks. Only other team I can think of like it is the Spurs.

What it "says" is that Boston are a great team, and the Bulls are not.

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 11:17 AM
This

ProfessorMurder
01-06-2011, 01:14 PM
He quit before he was cut from the Olympic Team because he wouldn't follow the Coaches. Doc even said he was uncoachable. If Rondo wasn't as good as he is he'd be out of a job.

A family member of his died. You're not allowed to leave a team because of that?

Haha, are you serious? Rondo is notorious for having a bad attitude and not wanting to take direction. It's part of what people like about him. ESPN ran a 8 day article detailing Rondo from highschool all the way to the pros and he's always been like that.

Well, he made it to the NBA and won a championship. He's been right and achieved more than his past coaches thought possible. Tubby was stubborn and didn't use him right, and now he doesn't coach that team anymore. He HAS listened to Doc and the vets on the C's though.

ballup
01-06-2011, 01:28 PM
You're probably right it's getting late and I'm slowing down.

I just gotta reiterate: he's doing something he's never done at a pro level. That in and of itself is impressive and it's making him dynamic. The reason he did or didn't shoot 3s before is irrelevant.

@SMS sure confidence is easier to fix. But there's a reason these guys are making obscene amounts of dough. It's because it's their job. If Rondo puts the work in he can fix it. ****, for 10 mil a year I'll fix my jumper.
It's great that Rose is shooting 3s well all of a sudden at the pro level, but to reiterate my own statements, Rose only needed to tweak his shooting mechanics, which is much easier than taking something you have been accustomed to your whole life and rebuilding it in a vastly different way. Still props to Rose because I think it usually takes 2 seasons for non shooters to become great shooters and that's only the ones who work their asses off.

Rondo has put the work into his jumper, but he knows that his passing and court vision are more important to the Celtic's champion aspirations. As a Celtics fan, I rather have current Rondo then Rondo of last season with a 33% 3 point shot.

Darth Vader
01-06-2011, 01:31 PM
The Force is strong with Rondo. Perhaps I can persuade him to join the Lakers.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
The Force is strong with Rondo. Perhaps I can persuade him to join the Lakers.
Of all the good pgs I've seen, Rondo would probably be the worst for the triangle in a Bryant-dominated offense. If you're going to have him play off the ball standing around the three-point line he might as well not even cross half-court. He'd get pissed off and probably want out within a month. Not sure whether or not he'd voice that publicly, but he'd definitely be a poor fit.

Darth Vader
01-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Of all the good pgs I've seen, Rondo would probably be the worst for the triangle in a Bryant-dominated offense. If you're going to have him play off the ball standing around the three-point line he might as well not even cross half-court. He'd get pissed off and probably want out within a month. Not sure whether or not he'd voice that publicly, but he'd definitely be a poor fit.

They would work just fine. Any decent pg would be an upgrade on what we already have. I don't see why Rondo would be an exception. Kobe would have a break of having to run the pg and sg on the team, which at his age, hes not capable of doing with high effieciency anymore. He would be focusing on pure scoring which is his strong side. Anyway Rondo will either join us, or die.

ballup
01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
They would work just fine. Any decent pg would be an upgrade on what we already have. I don't see why Rondo would be an exception. Kobe would have a break of having to run the pg and sg on the team, which at his age, hes not capable of doing with high effieciency anymore. He would be focusing on pure scoring which is his strong side. Anyway Rondo will either join us, or die.
The force must be messed up with you. No real Laker fan would ever want Rondo on their team:no:

Darth Vader
01-06-2011, 01:59 PM
The force must be messed up with you. No real Laker fan would ever want Rondo on their team:no:

Fans do not concern me. I'm here to put the Lakers back on schedule.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't see Bryant ceding his role so that Rondo can run the offense the way he does here, just doesn't seem to be Bryant's nature. He fought Shaq for years over touches, and Rondo is nowhere near prime Shaq's level of dominance. Plus, we've never seen PJ strongly feature a creative pg in the triangle. Maybe it would work, but we've seen GP get benched in the clutch for Fisher and Jackson has started Ron Harper for years at the point, a guy who's more like an SF than a pg. The real "pg" was Pip in Chicago and has been Bryant in LA. Rondo might be an upgrade over Fisher just for what he could do defensively and in the fast break but in the half-court it wouldn't work.

PurpleChuck
01-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Fans do not concern me. I'm here to put the Lakers back on schedule.
Can we put your gimmick to rest instead?:facepalm

Walduś
01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Can we put your gimmick to rest instead?:facepalm
:no: you don't know the power of the dark side

RajonKGcelts
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
haha look at those pistons fans bitching. yeah we know your upset because for the past 2 years you've been saying stuckey's better. yeah you got proved wrong by rondo. does it taste good?:oldlol:

RajonKGcelts
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
First off, Rose fans are way to insecure. He's good, Rondo's good. I don't mind when all you guys bashed rondo, because most of you are riding his dick now. the celtics are in the BEST position to win it all with rondo, who i would pick over any other point guard going into the post season. Bulls fans should worry about there team, not if Rose is getting enough attention. give it a rest. :lol try winning in the playoffs, thats what its about, rings.:D

Samurai Swoosh
01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Rondo is the best PG, period. Rose, Deron Williams are better players. But Rondo is the very definition of what I'd want in a PG.

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Rondo is the best PG, period. Rose, Deron Williams are better players. But Rondo is the very definition of what I'd want in a PG.

Wow, you have the gift of hitting the nail in the head.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

cteach111
01-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I think one the thing that separates Rondo from other PGs is the high pace he plays at. He's always pushing the basketball in transition and slicing his way to the basket. His style of basketball requires his teammates to always be alert and on their toes.

Sometimes I think that D. Will, CP3, D. Rose, etc. can hold on to the basketball too long or waste too much time with excessive dribbling. Obviously teammates are a huge factor..

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2011, 04:03 PM
I think one the thing that separates Rondo from other PGs is the high pace he plays at. He's always pushing the basketball in transition and slicing his way to the basket. His style of basketball requires his teammates to always be alert and on their toes.

Sometimes I think that D. Will, CP3, D. Rose, etc. can hold on to the basketball too long or waste too much time with excessive dribbling. Obviously teammates are a huge factor..

Great analysis.

RajonKGcelts
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Everyone laughed when i said he was the best all around pg. it's obvious not unanimous, but as is shooting improves, its become clearing he's in the discussion.

MightyWhitey
01-06-2011, 04:17 PM
You gotta give credit where credit is due. The man is an assist whore and creates plays. He is not well rounded but his game will likely get better and then he'll be unstoppable.

RajonKGcelts
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
You gotta give credit where credit is due. The man is an assist whore and creates plays. He is not well rounded but his game will likely get better and then he'll be unstoppable.

Other than his shot, how is he not well rounded? no sarca5 sm...serious question. also take into account that the only thing lacking is his FT(technically, his FG% is great). He is infact actually quite the all around player i would think

BlueandGold
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM

Fisher is one of the best big-moment shot takers in the NBA.

ronniec
01-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Enough.

Exactly.

So sick to hear people saying he plays with 3 (or 4) HOFs and that's the reason why he is good.
They just don't watch the Celtics games, and don't know how Rondo makes his teammate's lives a lot easier.

Jeannot
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Rondo is the best from the Celtics, and if he dont play the offense looks weird. Isnt it harder to be the best in a team full of Hall of Famers?

cteach111
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Other than his shot, how is he not well rounded? no sarca5 sm...serious question. also take into account that the only thing lacking is his FT(technically, his FG% is great). He is infact actually quite the all around player i would think

you just answered ur own question :lol

gts
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Only on ISH would a point guard who averages 14 assists per game would it be used against him...lol

rondo is a great all around pg if not the best in the game right now

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 04:52 PM
it's overrated when his team shoots above 50%.

Samurai Swoosh
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
:facepalm

You are such a hater, kid

:oldlol:

gts
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
it's overrated when his team shoots above 50%.no it's not..that's a poor argument and easy to shoot from the hip with, you're better than that....

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Only on ISH would a point guard who averages 14 assists per game would it be used against him...lol

rondo is a great all around pg if not the best in the game right now

You know he's doin somethin right when the haters come flocking

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 04:59 PM
no it's not..that's a poor argument and easy to shoot from the hip with, you're better than that....
Well I didn't really want to go into how he stands around and waits for Ray to come off a screen, or how he will drive to the paint and instead of scoring right at the rim, will throw it out in a risky fashion to Ray or pierce for them to score.

His FG% is misleading because he doesn't take as many shots and doesn't have the focus of the other team's defensive attention. The dude can't shoot FT's to save his life, I've even seen him airball a few. He's shooting what 41% from the stripe? Pathetic.

Meticode
01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
He is shooting the mid-range jumper between 45% to 50%. In previous seasons it was around 35%.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
He is shooting the mid-range jumper between 45% to 50%. In previous seasons it was around 35%.

Exactly he is getting left open a lot too because people believe he can't shoot. He's honestly unguardable because he is too quick for someone to play him close and if they sag off he can either shoot the jumper or get a full head of steam going to the basket or set up the offense. If they manage to have a LAL-BOS finals again this year Kobe can't afford to sag off of him like he did last year Rondo will make them pay for it.

gts
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Well I didn't really want to go into how he stands around and waits for Ray to come off a screen, or how he will drive to the paint and instead of scoring right at the rim, will throw it out in a risky fashion to Ray or pierce for them to score.

His FG% is misleading because he doesn't take as many shots and doesn't have the focus of the other team's defensive attention. The dude can't shoot FT's to save his life, I've even seen him airball a few. He's shooting what 41% from the stripe? Pathetic.who cares what he shoots from the stripe? he averages less than two attempts per game even if he makes every shot he takes from the free throw line it's between one and two points per game.. to use that as an arguing point is silly...

he's a point guard his job is to intiate the offense, set the table for everyone else and you cannot argue he's really good at doing that...

you're making arguments about his passing to open men instead of shooting it himself on one hand then saying his open men shoot at such a high fg% that rondo shouldn't get credit for his assists...lol

you've decided rondo isn't as good as your guy rose and are just making arguments to argue and contradicting yourself very step of the way

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Exactly he is getting left open a lot too because people believe he can't shoot. He's honestly unguardable because he is too quick for someone to play him close and if they sag off he can either shoot the jumper or get a full head of steam going to the basket or set up the offense. If they manage to have a LAL-BOS finals again this year Kobe can't afford to sag off of him like he did last year Rondo will make them pay for it.
"Unguardable" and "we'll sag off him 4 feet" are two different things..

plUto or bUst
01-06-2011, 05:26 PM

This is such a stupid argument. If Celtics shot as bad as the Bulls at 46.3%, Rondo would still be at 12.9 assists a game. (14 * .463/.503). The Celtics shooting gives Rondo a premium of a whopping ONE assist a game.

Even if the Celtics magically shot as bad as the Milwaukee Bucks, and started bricking all the open layups and jumpshots that Rondo gives them, he would still be leading the league at 11.5 assists a game. (14 * .413/.503).

Of course, I can't imagine a Rondo led team ever shooting that bad. NBA players usually make their open jumpshots and layups. :roll:

west
01-06-2011, 05:27 PM
LOL @ all the Lakers fans defending Rondo.:oldlol:

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2011, 05:30 PM
LOL @ all the Lakers fans defending Rondo.:oldlol:

we have an eye for greatness :pimp:

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:31 PM
This is such a stupid argument. If Celtics shot as bad as the Bulls at 46.3%, Rondo would still be at 12.9 assists a game. (14 * .463/.503). The Celtics shooting gives Rondo a premium of a whopping ONE assist a game.

Even if the Celtics magically shot as bad as the Milwaukee Bucks, and started bricking all the open layups and jumpshots that Rondo gives them, he would still be leading the league at 11.5 assists a game. (14 * .413/.503).

Of course, I can't imagine a Rondo led team ever shooting that bad. NBA players usually make their open jumpshots and layups. :roll:
Can I introduce you to Keith Bogans? He kills at least 3 assists per game for Rose.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
"Unguardable" and "we'll sag off him 4 feet" are two different things..

But they do that because

1.) They think he can't shoot
2.) If they play him too closely they will get burned

Plus they would rather risk him taking a jumper than have him get into the paint and find other guys or possibly draw a foul. It's makes sense but it has it's disadvantages as well

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Your eye is out of focus.

west
01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Respect, repped.:applause:

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Your eye is out of focus.

facts point in the other direction

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
facts point in the other direction
Your focus, needs more focus

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Damn, that's actually pretty surprising. I assumed he got most of his buckets penetrating because he's pretty damn quick. I wonder what kind of volume we're looking at, though. I know missing several games probably helps that % a lil. Does he actually take a good amount?

plUto or bUst
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Can I introduce you to Keith Bogans? He kills at least 3 assists per game for Rose.

How many open looks does he get from Rose a game? Two, maybe three? You expect him to shoot 100% every time Rose gives him an open look?

By that logic Ray Allen kills at least 3 assists a game for Rondo.

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:38 PM
How many open looks does he get from Rose a game? Two, maybe three? You expect him to shoot 100% every time Rose gives him an open look?

By that logic Ray Allen kills at least 3 assists a game for Rondo.
Not at all, but he doesn't even make ONE of the open looks he get from Rose. And he posts up from three like he's on fire. :facepalm

plUto or bUst
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Not at all, but he doesn't even make ONE of the open looks he get from Rose. And he posts up from three like he's on fire. :facepalm

I know Bogans affects Rose's assists, but don't make it sound like it's three a game. :oldlol:

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I know Bogans affects Rose's assists, but don't make it sound like it's three a game. :oldlol:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/keith_bogans/game_by_game_stats.html

Follow the gooseeggs:lol

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/keith_bogans/game_by_game_stats.html

Follow the gooseeggs:lol
Don't tell him anything, he obviously knows more than us since we watch the games and he doesn't :rolleyes:

ILLsmak
01-06-2011, 05:53 PM

On the other hand, Rondo probably wouldn't pass him the ball. lol

-Smak

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:54 PM

-Smak
At the time, it's the correct play because he's the open man because Rose broke the defense down or they are keyed in on stopping him, so he dishes to the open man. That open man happens to be Bogans because they aren't even defending him.

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 05:57 PM

-Smak
On the other hand, Rondo doesn't have that problem

-Glide

ILLsmak
01-06-2011, 05:59 PM
At the time, it's the correct play because he's the open man because Rose broke the defense down or they are keyed in on stopping him, so he dishes to the open man. That open man happens to be Bogans because they aren't even defending him.

Naaaah, it's not the correct play if you know someone is gonna shoot it and they aren't gonna make it; in fact, that'd be a bad play for many reasons. That's one area where Rondo excels as I have said... is he doesn't just pass the ball to the first person who is open unless it's a lay up.

People have strengths and weaknesses. If dude is broke, then Rose needs to step up and tell his ass to make a cut or take a step in.

-Smak

cteach111
01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
lol Bogans is garbage

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Naaaah, it's not the correct play if you know someone is gonna shoot it and they aren't gonna make it; in fact, that'd be a bad play for many reasons. That's one area where Rondo excels as I have said... is he doesn't just pass the ball to the first person who is open unless it's a lay up.

People have strengths and weaknesses. If dude is broke, then Rose needs to step up and tell his ass to make a cut or take a step in.

-Smak
Rondo's first pass option Ray, second Pierce, third KG, Fourth Shaq.

Yeah, he has a luxury no other PG has and yet we're supposed to act like he's doing something great, passing to four HOF players.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 06:07 PM

Yeah, he has a luxury no other PG has and yet we're supposed to act like he's doing something great, passing to four HOF players.
Well to be fair Bogans is basically as good a shooter as Pierce....

Whatever. Boston can enjoy their PG. Good for them. I, as a Bulls fan and a basketball fan, will take Rose every single time.

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Well to be fair Bogans is basically as good a shooter as Pierce....

Whatever. Boston can enjoy their PG. Good for them. I, as a Bulls fan and a basketball fan, will take Rose every single time.
I see what you did there. Bogans for the Hall Of Fame! Book it.

ILLsmak
01-06-2011, 06:14 PM

It is great that he's passing to players exactly where they want it so that they can score... that's a talent. Those guys need Rondo to feed them the ball because they can't do it alone as well anymore.

-Smak

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Your analysis reveals the flaw in your thinking that makes you unable to properly appreciate point guard play. If there is a set play called with someone getting isoed, posted, or screened for then Rondo is supposed to look for them but just as often Rondo is simply being aware of what's going on and getting the ball to an open player, often off of his own creation (espacially in transition). He does not walk down the floor every play and think, "Ray? No, Opiion 2: Paul? No. Option three." And if he did have that thought process wouldn't Allen be top scorer instead of Pierce? In reality when KG and Shaq are in the game Doc wants to explore post-ups as much as possible and based on the opposition attack mismatches at the various positions. Your post shows very little knowledge of how Rondo conducts the offense, which in turn explains your lack of respect for his game.

Basic Rose fan trolling.

Glide2keva
01-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Your analysis reveals the flaw in your thinking that makes you unable to properly appreciate point guard play. If there is a set play called with someone getting isoed, posted, or screened for then Rondo is supposed to look for them but just as often Rondo is simply being aware of what's going on and getting the ball to an open player, often off of his own creation (espacially in transition). He does not walk down the floor every play and think, "Ray? No, Opiion 2: Paul? No. Option three." And if he did have that thought process wouldn't Allen be top scorer instead of Pierce? In reality when KG and Shaq are in the game Doc wants to explore post-ups as much as possible and based on the opposition attack mismatches at the various positions. Your post shows very little knowledge of how Rondo conducts the offense, which in turn explains your lack of respect for his game.

Basic Rose fan trolling.
As I said, you can make every argument you want to about his so called great playmaking ability. All I see is him passing to ray, passing to pierce, passing to KG, passing to shaq and then passing to everyone else.

And to say I know little about Rondo's game, well that works for you too, since you know very little about Rose's game.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM
As I said, you can make every argument you want to about his so called great playmaking ability. All I see is him passing to ray, passing to pierce, passing to KG, passing to shaq and then passing to everyone else.The problem being that you don't know what you're talking about.

And to say I know little about Rondo's game, well that works for you too, since you know very little about Rose's game.
Well, at least you don't deny your ignorance. What I don't get is why you don't see how it invalidates your opinion. And what's wrong with my evaluation of Rose? He's a hyper-athletic ball-dominant pg who scores a lot of points, attacks the basket well, and has a decent jumper with solid court vision and passing. What about that is off?

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 06:35 PM

Basic Rose fan trolling.
And you've been an absolute genius in regards to dissecting Roses game:facepalm

Of course it's oversimplified to think that's how the offense works. But there it is. They have go to guys.

He's a hyper-athletic ball-dominant pg who scores a lot of points, attacks the basket well, and has a decent jumper with solid court vision and passing. What about that is off?
If by "ball dominant" you mean: he runs the offense, then yeah. You're correct. He's a new wave PG who can score 30 a game and drop 12 dimes if the situation warrants. He's a contextual player that's capable of doing ANYTHING his team needs for them to win, be it rebounds, assists, scoring, fts, 3 pt shots, defense.. Anything.

RajonKGcelts
01-06-2011, 06:42 PM
haha his argument is that bogans ruins 3 assists a game for rose?:roll:

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 06:45 PM
And you've been an absolute genius in regards to dissecting Roses game:facepalm Love how you reference nothing here. This is why I get sick of talking to you guys.

Of course it's oversimplified to think that's how the offense works. But there it is. They have go to guys.
Well, at least we can agree it was a dumb post. A start. Now, newsflash for you: No good team has no go-to guys.

If by "ball dominant" you mean: he runs the offense, then yeah. You're correct. He's a new wave PG who can score 30 a game and drop 12 dimes if the situation warrants. He's a contextual player that's capable of doing ANYTHING his team needs for them to win, be it rebounds, assists, scoring, fts, 3 pt shots, defense.. Anything.
Sure, he runs the offense, yes, he can score, and yes, he can pass. But by "ball-dominant" I mean he's constantly got the ball in his hands. He has to to run the offense while scoring as much as he does. And for the record, Mr. "ANYTHING" is not that good of a defender. He isn't particularly bad either but you act like he dominates all phases of the game and he does not.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 06:47 PM
haha his argument is that bogans ruins 3 assists a game for rose?:roll:
Bogans is bad but the complaint that missed shots take away from possible assists could be applied to not just every pg but every player in basketball.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Sure, he runs the offense, yes, he can score, and yes, he can pass. But by "ball-dominant" I mean he's constantly got the ball in his hands. He has to to run the offense while scoring as much as he does. And for the record, Mr. "ANYTHING" is not that good of a defender. He isn't particularly bad either but you act like he dominates all phases of the game and he does not.
I never said he was dominant. I said he'll do what the team needs. If they need him to tighten the screws, he will. I love how you try to exaggerate something I said to try and make some sort of faux point.. It's why I get sick of talking to you guys.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I never said he was dominant. I said he'll do what the team needs. If they need him to tighten the screws, he will. I love how you reference something I didn't say. It's why I get sick of talking to you guys.
So his team needs D to win, and you say that he can "tighten the screws" to get the stop...but that's not dominating.

Yeah, seeing as you're sick of it, you can stop talking to me now.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
So his team needs D to win, and you say that he can "tighten the screws" to get the stop...but that's not dominating.

Yeah, seeing as you're sick of it, you can stop talking to me now.
:bowdown: All hail king of the straw men! :bowdown:

Quote where I said Rose dominates on defense. Quote where I said, to you, that he dominates anything.

Oh wait.

:bowdown: All hail king of the straw men! :bowdown:

And the "real man" goes quiet. Thought so.

Rose
01-06-2011, 07:00 PM
All I'm going to say is this Bogans has taken 120 shots, and hit 44 of them. If you honestly think even HALF of those aren't wide open shots you're terrible. Especially if you don't think that takes away from Rose's assists. When someone stats and only hits 37% of their shots, not 37 from 3. 37 from ANYWHERE that's terrible.

This is a tired debate.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:04 PM
All I'm going to say is this Bogans has taken 120 shots, and hit 44 of them. If you honestly think even HALF of those aren't wide open shots you're terrible. Especially if you don't think that takes away from Rose's assists. When someone stats and only hits 37% of their shots, not 37 from 3. 37 from ANYWHERE that's terrible.

This is a tired debate.
You should know by now that stats don't count unless they help the other guys argument :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 07:08 PM

This is a tired debate.
He sucks and it doesn't help. But if he hit, say, 55 of that 120 for a reasonable %age that would only be something like a third of an assist more per game. Chi needs a real two guard for the sake of the overall team but the effect on Rose's stats wouldn't be that big, a small rise in fg % as well as a small rise in APG.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:10 PM
He sucks and it doesn't help. But if he hit, say, 55 of that 120 for a reasonable %age that would only be something like a third of an assist more per game. Chi needs a real two guard for the sake of the overall team but the effect on Rose's stats wouldn't be that big, a small rise in fg % as well as a small rise in APG.
Put Bogans in for Ray Allen and tell me with a straight face that doesn't affect Rondos overall #s.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Put Bogans in for Ray Allen and tell me with a straight face that doesn't affect Rondos overall #s.
Rondo would probably score more and get less assists, but quantifying the effect of your hypothetical is impossible. Now why don't you stop talking to me? I really am tired of you. Have been since last night.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Rondo would probably score more and get less assists, but quantifying the effect of your hypothetical is impossible. Now why don't you stop talking to me? I really am tired of you. Have been since last night.
:roll:

Exactly. Now using your same logic but Allen in for Bogans and Rose suddenly dishing a couple more dimes a night.

:roll:

What a clown. If you don't want to talk and get proven wrong put me on ignore or just don't reply.

west
01-06-2011, 07:18 PM
The HOFer's that are the reason that he's getting so many assist are the same HOFer's that were said to be old, washed up, and almost ineffective for the past two years.:oldlol:

ILLsmak
01-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Maybe you guys are mad because Rondo is gonna be starting in the ASG?

I never understood why people are always interesting in coming in to another player's thread and acting like the player that plays for their home team is better.

I got a suspicion if you were a Celtics fan you would be seeing things differently. lol

-Smak

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Exactly. Now using your same logic but Allen in for Bogans and Rose suddenly dishing a couple more dimes a night.
My logic would also dictate that Rose would score less points alongside Allen. Of course you didn't see that part.

But I am now done talking to you.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:24 PM
My logic would also dictate that Rose would score less points alongside Allen. Of course you didn't see that part.

But I am now done talking to you.
I never denied he would score less. That doesn't mean much to me since Rose is scoring close to 25PPG. That really, to be honest, has nothing to do with anything. Nice try fella. Anything to make you feel like you got the one up :lol

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I never denied he would score less. That doesn't mean much to me since Rose is scoring close to 25PPG. That really, to be honest, has nothing to do with anything. Nice try fella. Anything to make you feel like you got the one up :lol

I am also done with Rondo/Rose, but I shall correct you for the greater good; Rose is not even averaging 24 ppg, never mind 25.

ILLsmak
01-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I am also done with Rondo/Rose, but I shall correct you for the greater good; Rose is not even averaging 24 ppg, never mind 25.

on 20 shots.

-Smak

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:48 PM
23.8, so 24. So I was correct. He IS scoring close to 25. Man, you guys are really pulling out the big guns! :oldlol: The straws are getting smaller and smaller and harder and harder to reach, eh?

on 20 shots.

-Smak

Rose EFF is 22.61 (16th in the league)
Rondos EFF is 22.26

I know, not a big difference (but still better), but according to BLACKWHITEGREEN it's the BIGGEST DEAL IN THE WORLD.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 07:49 PM
23.8, so 24. So 1 pt less per game than I said off the top of my head. Man, you guys are really pulling out the big guns! :oldlol: The straws are getting smaller and smaller and harder and harder to reach, eh?

Not really, I was merely adding to your deep knowledge of the game.

#themoreyouknow

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Not really, I was merely adding to your deep knowledge of the game.

#themoreyouknow
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/soccer-miss.gif

You didn't add anything. I was correct. I said he was scoring close to 25. He's scoring 24. .8 of a point rounds up.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/soccer-miss.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSwilt4kfFM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CWEHefhtZg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJSnYciwgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au6afvyMiS0

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM

http://www.causticsodapodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/objection.jpg
Irrelevance!

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
http://www.causticsodapodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/objection.jpg
Irrelevance!

Ooh Nintendo, now you're going hardcore on my ass. 23.8 does not round up to 25, you were wrong. Is Howard averaging nearly 3.6 bpg?

west
01-06-2011, 07:59 PM

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vVC6OYLu0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNfgibZO5o

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Original Post

I never denied he would score less. That doesn't mean much to me since Rose is scoring close to 25PPG. That really, to be honest, has nothing to do with anything. Nice try fella. Anything to make you feel like you got the one up

Ooh Nintendo, now you're going hardcore on my ass. 23.8 does not round up to 25, you were wrong. Is Howard averaging nearly 3.6 bpg?
I said 23.8 rounds up to 24. And in my original post I said he was averaging "close to 25". 24 is "close" to 25. You dumb cuhnt. Reading comprehension FTW.

So the entire crux of your argument hinges on whether 24 is close to 25. Nice. Keep up the great work you retarded little bastard.

BlackWhiteGreen
:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4vVC6OYLu0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DNfgibZO5o

The Newcastle goal was insane. The Argentina goal is much better with this commentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs)

BlackWhiteGreen
I said 23.8 rounds up to 24. And in my original post I said he was averaging "close to 25". 24 is "close" to 25. You dumb cuhnt. Reading comprehension FTW.

Whatever, I'm not going to argue fecking maths with you when all you do is dismiss people who try and use stats.

gts
01-06-2011, 08:04 PM

so you probably downgrade magic because he had kareem, worthy and various other allstars/hofers to pass the ball to during his career

west
01-06-2011, 08:05 PM
The Newcastle goal was insane. The Argentina goal is much better with this commentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsZkCFoqSBs)
I like his passion.....but i don't understand a single word from the guy.....:lol :lol

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Haha that's hilarious! You were proven wrong and then you told ME I was the one dismissing stats. You truly are a special blend of retarded. Maybe inbred? Drunk? Just all around fuhckin stupid?

Yeah, personal attacks are really making you sound clever. You did not prove me wrong. You appeared to not know Rose's average scoring output, I told you. Why not occasionally calm down. Reported.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Yeah, personal attacks are really making you sound clever. You did not prove me wrong. You appeared to not know Rose's average scoring output, I told you. Why not occasionally calm down. Reported.
I said it correct to begin with and then you fuhcked up and tried to play it cool.

Reporting me? Ooooh, tough guy. I think you're mad. Crying maybe, even.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I like his passion.....but i don't understand a single word from the guy.....:lol :lol

Me neither haha it's just hilarious.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I said it correct to begin with and then you fuhcked up and tried to play it cool.

Reporting me? Ooooh, tough guy.

Did you though? I'm pretty sure, 23.8 is not equal to 25.

Oh no, it is vitally important to me that I come across as tough on a messageboard. Darn.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 08:10 PM

Oh no, it is vitally important to me that I come across as tough on a messageboard. Darn.

Original Post

I never denied he would score less. That doesn't mean much to me since Rose is scoring close to 25PPG. That really, to be honest, has nothing to do with anything. Nice try fella. Anything to make you feel like you got the one up

I said 23.8 rounds up to 24. And in my original post I said he was averaging "close to 25". 24 is "close" to 25.

:oldlol: What a clown! :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Original Post

So the entire crux of your argument hinges on whether 24 is close to 25. Nice.

It is not an argument. It was a correction, followed by some obscenities, followed by this. Goodbye.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 08:13 PM
It is not an argument. It was a correction, followed by some obscenities, followed by this. Goodbye.
Keep trying brah! The master of denial, the king of ignorance, ladies and gentlemen I introduce you to BLACKWHITEGREEN!!!! Pick up your toys and run along now.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-06-2011, 08:14 PM
This message is hidden because jasonresno is on your ignore list.

:confusedshrug:

The_Yearning
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
The best pg.

Period.

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 08:15 PM
This message is hidden because you have enabled the "little *****" filter.

:lol

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Are yall really arguing over some irrelevant ish like this? The bottom line is not a one of you is gonna convince the other so your all wasting your breathe. But on the other hand this is entertaining to see you to bicker back and forth like little girls :roll:

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Wow! never knew the Rondo/Rose fans rivalry could reach these heights. You fight over the RoRo's :lol

Anyway: Rondo > Rose

jasonresno
01-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Are yall really arguing over some irrelevant ish like this? The bottom line is not a one of you is gonna convince the other so your all wasting your breathe. But on the other hand this is entertaining to see you to bicker back and forth like little girls :roll:
Haha he's purposely trolling me knowing I'm bored enough to bite. It's ridiculous but clever, really, if you think about it. I called him out on his bunk math and he just didn't wanna back down :oldlol:

XxSMSxX
01-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Haha he's purposely trolling me knowing I'm bored enough to bite. It's ridiculous but clever, really, if you think about it. I called him out on his bunk math and he just didn't wanna back down :oldlol:

truthfully it's to early and i'm to blasted right now to remember what i just read however i feel you on that