PDA

View Full Version : Miami not the best team in the East

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
In a 7 game series both Boston and Orlando would beat them. 3 players (although two are top 5 players in the NBA) does NOT make a team. Lebron once again leading a regular season charge that will come up fruitless.

BlackWhiteGreen
01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
you're about 6 months late buddy.

Lebron23
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
In a 7 game series both Boston and Orlando would beat them. 3 players (although two are top 5 players in the NBA) does NOT make a team. Lebron once again leading a regular season charge that will come up fruitless.

http://real2012info.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/nostradamus-jr.sb_.jpg

Dunaprenti
Why did you make this thread?
Why am I posting in it?
We are both useless...

MrUnstopable
you're about 6 months late buddy.
Yeah but it became blatently apparent last night. I think the Big 3 accounted for like 90% of the points...

alenleomessi
01-10-2011, 12:13 PM
arguably the best with Boston

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
arguably the best with Boston
No they are not. Orlando has way to many options on offense and Howard will dominate anyone they put on them. Wade can't help off of Jason Richardson or Reddick and Lebron has to play D on Turkoglu.

Sarcastic
01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah but it became blatently apparent last night. I think the Big 3 accounted for like 90% of the points...

What do you mean? They won a tough road game, and have won 21 of 22.

PurpleChuck
01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7815/33dwga8.jpg

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
What do you mean? They won a tough road game, and have won 21 of 22.
Regular season heros that what they are. I've seen this show before in Cleveland. This team has some HUGE flaws that can and will be exposed by Boston or Orlando. Both teams are capable of limiting Lebron and Wade and have more then enough scoring punch to outscore the team.

Mr. Jabbar
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Agreed.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I mean 4-14 from your supporting cast?! Even if they doubled their production that still wouldn't be enough. And NO way Wade and Lebron can hit enough 3 pointers to offset that. They just aren't gonna beat you in a 7 game series from the 3 point line.

Sarcastic
01-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Regular season heros that what they are. I've seen this show before in Cleveland. This team has some HUGE flaws that can and will be exposed by Boston or Orlando. Both teams are capable of limiting Lebron and Wade and have more then enough scoring punch to outscore the team.

Boston can beat them IF they can stay healthy. Big "IF" though.

Dwade305
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Your trying to convince yourself way to hard that Orlando is going to be better than Miami come playoff time. A team that has never proved themselves against a physical defense all but once against the Celtics in 09 minus KG and will Howard take his game to the next level in the playoffs this year like a true superstar should do, or will he stick around below his season avgs?

Time will tell buddy but dont put to much false hope on your team, if not it's going to be another big Fail like last year.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Boston can beat them IF they can stay healthy. Big "IF" though.
Even if their healthy man just think about how bad Rondo is gonna outplay Arroyo and Chalmers. How badly Nelson and Arenas are gonna outplay them. The kind of 3 point shooting you WILL get from Allen and Jason Richardson. The playmaking and clutch play you expect from Pierce and Turkoglu. Howard and maybe even Shaq will dominate old Illgauskas. The only games that Miami will win is when BOTH Wade and Lebron have big games. If they don't Miami loses. Boston and Orlando can take one away they win the game.

asdf1990
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Lol Orlando , pls Dwight will be on the bench the whole series.

DeronMillsap
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Boston is still the best team in the East.

I do like Orlando now with Arenas and Hedo slightly ahead of Miami in a playoff series. I might even have Chicago up there too.

1 Boston
2a Orlando
2b Miami
2c Chicago

Rose-Noah-Boozer line up have only played like 10 games together so we haven't seen how good they can be with all 3 guys 100% healthy.

MrUnstopable
Your trying to convince yourself way to hard that Orlando is going to be better than Miami come playoff time. A team that has never proved themselves against a physical defense all but once against the Celtics in 09 minus KG and will Howard take his game to the next level in the playoffs this year like a true superstar should do, or will he stick around below his season avgs?

Time will tell buddy but dont put to much false hope on your team, if not it's going to be another big Fail like last year.
:facepalm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWRgOwC2jw8

Physical? Maybe on the perimiter but Orlando is not a team that relies on individual "phsyical defense" on the perimiter. Boston is physical where it matters (in the post). You think Orlando is scared of Bosh and Illgauskas? :wtf: Look at that highlight. Let me know how you feel Howard will do after seeing that.

PurpleChuck
Dwight = Foul trouble.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Lol Orlando , pls Dwight will be on the bench the whole series.
With the team that Miami has I can see and actually believe that SVG will go to a zone defense. Miami doesn't have the 3 point shooters to make Orlando pay. Howard in the middle of that zone would reak havok.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Dwight = Foul trouble.
Once again. Like Orlando did in the Cleveland series (with better shooters I might add) Orlando went into a zone defense.

Lebron23
01-10-2011, 12:31 PM
No chance in hell that the 2011 Orlando Magic would beat the 2011 Miami Heat in a best of 7 series.

PurpleChuck
01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
No chance in hell that the 2011 Orlando Magic would beat the 2011 Miami Heat in a best of 7 series.
This. 1 month avy bet if they meet in a series.:rockon:

Dwade305
01-10-2011, 12:35 PM
:facepalm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWRgOwC2jw8

Physical? Maybe on the perimiter but Orlando is not a team that relies on individual "phsyical defense" on the perimiter. Boston is physical where it matters (in the post). You think Orlando is scared of Bosh and Illgauskas? :wtf: Look at that highlight. Let me know how you feel Howard will do after seeing that.

Is that all your going to show? Howard's best playoff series against the defensive flake the 09 Cavs team was?:lol Cause that's really all you got, hoping and praying that Z will be on the floor that much time like in 09.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM
The playoffs is a different animal. Lebron realized that the past 2 years. Defenses play harder and their schemes are much better. I am sure the year Orlando beat the Cavs Lebron had never seen a defense like that in the regular season. Orlando went zone and had Howard shadowing every move Lebron made with the ball. Now think about it... there is only one ball. Howard can do that when Wade or Lebron has the ball. And neither are great 3 point shooters to make Orlando pay for going zone.

derb2k2
01-10-2011, 12:36 PM

clown.

Lebron23
01-10-2011, 12:37 PM
This. 1 month avy bet if they meet in a series.:rockon:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Is that all your going to show? Howard's best playoff series against the defensive flake the 09 Cavs team was?:lol Cause that's really all you got, hoping and praying that Z will be on the floor that much time like in 09.
bahahah defensive flake?! You think that Joel Anthony will do any better? You think if Arroyo and Wade and Lebron help that that won't play into Orlando's hands who have the best assortment of shooters in the NBA? You don't think Nelson and J-Rich and Turkoglu and Reddick and Anderson and Arenas won't hit those open 3's? You don't think a zone defense would work against Lebron? Watch that series, it was no fluke.

Lebron23
The playoffs is a different animal. Lebron realized that the past 2 years. Defenses play harder and their schemes are much better. I am sure the year Orlando beat the Cavs Lebron had never seen a defense like that in the regular season. Orlando went zone and had Howard shadowing every move Lebron made with the ball. Now think about it... there is only one ball. Howard can do that when Wade or Lebron has the ball. And neither are great 3 point shooters to make Orlando pay for going zone.

LeBron averaged 38/8/8 against the 2009 Orlando Magic.

asdf1990

Yeah and he only aveaged 38/8/8.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:40 PM
LeBron averaged 38/8/8 against the 2009 Orlando Magic.
Because Orlando allowed him to dominate the ball! bahahahahha That was the defenses purpose!

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
And last I checked there is only one ball. :confusedshrug: Same rules that apply to Lebron apply to Wade. Same defensive philosophies.

InfiniteBaskets
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
If Miami are regular season heroes, then they shouldn't have to worry about both Orlando and Boston?

Boston can beat the Heat if KG and Rondo are both healthy. They would be the favorites if they were compeltely healthy. But Orlando hasn't been tested enoughw ith their current lineup.

Kingwillball
01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
No they are not. Orlando has way to many options on offense and Howard will dominate anyone they put on them. Wade can't help off of Jason Richardson or Reddick and Lebron has to play D on Turkoglu.

And they have know one to cover wade or Lebron.. That is a little more of a problem Wade and LBJ will get D12 in Foul trouble attacking Paint and there Thin Frontline will get abused while he sits on the bench for stretches.

asdf1990
01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Because Orlando allowed him to dominate the ball! bahahahahha That was the defenses purpose!

Lol .. They would have won the series if mo choke showed up.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Lol .. They would have won the series if mo choke showed up.
Bahaha well now you have Arroyo taking those shots and only one good 3 point shooter in Jones.

Dwade305
01-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Bahaha well now you have Arroyo taking those shots and only one good 3 point shooter in Jones.
You seen the way Arroyo is shooting this year?:lol

GTF out not even the other Magic fanboys got your back on this one:lol

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:47 PM
And they have know one to cover wade or Lebron.. That is a little more of a problem Wade and LBJ will get D12 in Foul trouble attacking Paint and there Thin Frontline will get abused while he sits on the bench for stretches.
Who did Orlando have to cover Lebron 2 years ago? Like you said he went for 38 8 8 lol and Howard played plenty and will play plenty against Miami if said series were to happen.

M.V.P
01-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Orlando won't be able to beat the Heat unless they catch absolute fire. Boston is the team that has had the most success the last 3 years stopping LeBron, so they're the ones that are the biggest threat. Not to mention Bosh plays terribly against Garnett, as if he's scared of him. The only weapon left for Miami against Boston is Wade, and he's been pretty unsuccessful against them this year, though he definitely got his in the playoffs last year. If two of the big 3 can play well, then Miami will win. If only Wade or LeBron show up (Bosh will not, that is a given) it won't be enough to carry the team.

derb2k2
mods please close this ridiculous thread. and ban this clown while you're at it.:facepalm

MrUnstopable
You seen the way Arroyo is shooting this year?:lol

GTF out not even the other Magic fanboys got your back on this one:lol
He's taken a woping 59 threes this year making 47%........ He's averaging a woping 6.6 ppg.... Convince yourself that he isn't a scrub :roll:

InfiniteBaskets
01-10-2011, 12:50 PM

Do you think Orlando has great 3 point shooters?

Miami has two playeres in the top 15 of the NBA in 3%. Orlando has none. Orlando will be in big trouble if Dwight gets into foul trouble against Miami. If there's one thing Miami's very good at, it's drawing fouls.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Do you think Orlando has great 3 point shooters?

Miami has two playeres in the top 15 of the NBA in 3%. Orlando has none. Orlando will be in big trouble if Dwight gets into foul trouble against Miami. If there's one thing Miami's very good at, it's drawing fouls.
No your right. Miami has better 3 point shooters than Orlando :rockon:

Kingwillball
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Who did Orlando have to cover Lebron 2 years ago? Like you said he went for 38 8 8 lol and Howard played plenty and will play plenty against Miami if said series were to happen.

LbJ could probably average that again but wont have to with Wade and Bosh around that is another 50 to 60 points a night locked in that he wasn't getting from the Cavs. LBJ, Bosh and Wade alone will probably average 75 PPG so U really only need 25-30 from the rest of the team which shouldn't be hard once Haslem gets back and Miller gets into the flow of things.

Dwade305
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
He's taken a woping 59 threes this year making 47%........ He's averaging a woping 6.6 ppg.... Convince yourself that he isn't a scrub :roll:
You are a moron kid. He makes open shots. That's all he needs to do.

All Net
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a Butt hurt magic upset because nobody believes they can beat Miami and is trying to get people to believe magic will beat them in a series. Can the magic win? Yes will they? No but chances are the celtics will knock them out in round two anyway. Magic are improved but better than Boston or Miami? No not for me

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
You are a moron kid. He makes open shots. That's all he needs to do.
He takes less than 1.5 3's a game. Theres a reason why he doesn't take more. Are Miami fans really trying to convince themselves that Carlos Arroyo isn't a scrub?!

ginobli2311
01-10-2011, 12:56 PM
He takes less than 1.5 3's a game. Theres a reason why he doesn't take more. Are Miami fans really trying to convince themselves that Carlos Arroyo isn't a scrub?!

he's not great. but he's not a scrub. you certainly just can't leave arroyo and chalmers wide open.

jones is a solid shooter and so is miller. you have to assume that miller will be worked into the rotation by the playoffs.

although i do agree that orlando could definitely beat this heat team.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Sounds like a Butt hurt magic upset because nobody believes they can beat Miami and is trying to get people to believe magic will beat them in a series. Can the magic win? Yes will they? No but chances are the celtics will knock them out in round two anyway. Magic are improved but better than Boston or Miami? No not for me
Not better then Boston. I'm a realist. But Miami? Yes they are.

M.V.P
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
These are the players that make huge differences in the playoffs. Eddie House caught fire against the Lakers a few years ago because of his shooting, and Powe played very well on the offensive glass against them as well. Hustle players that can rebound and make shots are the ones that will randomly step up in the playoffs. Till this day I remember Kareem Rush going 6-6 from 3 point land to push the Lakers past the Timberwolves back in 2004. If you have those players, they're the ones that will help push you further in the playoffs. Arroyo could score 5 ppg throughout the playoffs, but come one game and score 20, purely off of jumpshots, and push them to a win they shouldn't have gotten. James Jones could do the same, Haslem could do the same with rebounding, etc etc. Those X factors will actually make a difference in a few of the games. The rest they'll have to depend on LeBron/Wade, which should be good enough for the majority of the games.

DeronMillsap
01-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Bookmarked this thread for May.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Bookmarked this thread for May.
Write it down, take a picture, IDGAF!

DeronMillsap
01-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Write it down, take a picture, IDGAF!
I'm actually one of two who agree with you. See page 2: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5321670&postcount=17

Chill out!!! :lol

JohnnySic
This:

http://www.inweavefabric.com/images/SPN-GRT5.JPG

pegasus
I remember Chris Webber almost falling out of his chair and going "In the game of basketball?!" when Chuck said "Orlando will beat the Cavs" when they matched up after Cavs steamrolling their previous two opponents. We all know what happened next.

Of course the Cavs and the Heat are not the same, but I don't understand why people don't learn anything from the past. You never say never. Especially if you have Lebron on your team, because he will NOT shoot like this against the elite teams in 7-game series, series after series. He just does not have it in him.

The Magic team is stacked with talent, and they are gelling pretty nicely so far. There is no reason for anyone to say that Magic can't win the east. They are that good.

Lebron23
01-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I remember Chris Webber almost falling out of his chair and going "In the game of basketball?!" when Chuck said "Orlando will beat the Cavs" when they matched up after Cavs steamrolling their previous two opponents. We all know what happened next.

Of course the Cavs and the Heat are not the same, but I don't understand why people don't learn anything from the past. You never say never. Especially if you have Lebron on your team, because he will NOT shoot like this against the elite teams in 7-game series, series after series. He just does not have it in him.

The Magic team is stacked with talent, and they are gelling pretty nicely so far. There is no reason for anyone to say that Magic can't win the east. They are that good.

Are you comparing Mo Williams and Varejao to Wade and Bosh? LeBron averaged 38/8/8 against the Number One defensive team in 2009.

Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs in the 2011 NBA Finals.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Remember this? http://sportige.com/orlando-magic/

I guess the Orlando Magic aren

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Are you comparing Mo Williams and Varejao to Wade and Bosh? LeBron averaged 38/8/8 against the Number One defensive team in 2009.

Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs in the 2011 NBA Finals.
Nope but I'm saying that although Miami has found regular season success (how couldn't they?) that there is only one ball. Clevleand had better shooters and around the same calibur of defense.

ginobli2311
01-10-2011, 01:12 PM

i don't understand your point. what perimeter player has ever shot great every game against other great teams? and the 2009 series against orlando kind of destroys that point because lebron was dominant in that series.

now he has wade and bosh. just a little upgrade from mo/jamison or mo/andy.

lol.

i think the magic could win that series, but trying to claim it will be because of lebron's play is a little silly. if the magic win, it will be because howard goes crazy and the heat can't stop him. just like he did in 09 against the cavs.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
i don't understand your point. what perimeter player has ever shot great every game against other great teams? and the 2009 series against orlando kind of destroys that point because lebron was dominant in that series.

now he has wade and bosh. just a little upgrade from mo/jamison or mo/andy.

lol.

i think the magic could win that series, but trying to claim it will be because of lebron's play is a little silly. if the magic win, it will be because howard goes crazy and the heat can't stop him. just like he did in 09 against the cavs.
Dwight DIDN'T GO CRAZY! Dwight had one great game! Game 6! Dwight doesn't have to go crazy to beat Miami. Dwight is one of those rare big men that when he starts getting going and he starts getting doubled team he doesn't mind letting his 3 point shooters take over the game. Which is what he did from game 1-5. Also Orlando almost swept Cleveland and would of had it not been for the miracle shot.

All Net
For some reason I have a feeling dwight could have a tough time even staying on the floor in this series. We all know how easily lebron and wade can get to the rim certainly against magic's permeter defense

Lebron23
Nope but I'm saying that although Miami has found regular season success (how couldn't they?) that there is only one ball. Clevleand had better shooters and around the same calibur of defense.

Wade and James are 2 of the most unselfish players in the NBA. I agree with Bruce Bowen when he said on ESPN that the Heat are playing better because LeBron is committed with the system.

You have the 2 best players in the league playing on the same team. That's why Dwight would get into foul trouble when LeWade starts to attack the basket.

Dwade305
Magic are the original regular season heroes. Were talking about the 3 straight Southeast division champions of the world. Destroying the likes of the Bobcats, Hawks, and Detroit Pistons in the playoffs:lol

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:21 PM
For some reason I have a feeling dwight could have a tough time even staying on the floor in this series. We all know how easily lebron and wade can get to the rim certainly against magic's permeter defense
wow... Orlando will go into a zone defense and force Miami to make 3's. Not rocket science but it looks even better when Howard can stand and contest shots and get into position quicker (thus making him foul less)

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Magic are the original regular season heroes. Were talking about the 3 straight Southeast division champions of the world. Destroying the likes of the Bobcats, Hawks, and Detroit Pistons in the playoffs:lol
Eastern Conference Finals 2 years in a row and the Finals once.

madmax
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Magic LOL...:lol
A three point happy flukey team with inconsistent foul prone center in the middle...yup, they are definitely beating the Heat. And no, this heat team is nothing like that 2009 Cavs team by the way:cheers:

ginobli2311
01-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Dwight DIDN'T GO CRAZY! Dwight had one great game! Game 6! Dwight doesn't have to go crazy to beat Miami. Dwight is one of those rare big men that when he starts getting going and he starts getting doubled team he doesn't mind letting his 3 point shooters take over the game. Which is what he did from game 1-5. Also Orlando almost swept Cleveland and would of had it not been for the miracle shot.

what are you smoking?

30 and 13 70% fg
27 and 14 63% fg
40 and 14 67% fg

3 great games out of 6 and that is not even talking about his great defense or all the open looks he got his teammates or getting the cavs into foul trouble all the time.

:facepalm

pegasus
01-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs in the 2011 NBA Finals match for third place.

Fixed.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:26 PM
what are you smoking?

30 and 13 70% fg
27 and 14 63% fg
40 and 14 67% fg

3 great games out of 6 and that is not even talking about his great defense or all the open looks he got his teammates or getting the cavs into foul trouble all the time.

:facepalm
All of his games he played great defensively but 2 out of 6 good offensive games and one great offensive game isn't dominating a series. Sorry. That was way over blown. Howard is a much better offensive player now and I think he truly has the ability to dominate a SERIES offensively. Not just a few games. Illgauskas is older and Howard has gotten better.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 01:27 PM
A three point happy flukey team with inconsistent foul prone center in the middle...yup, they are definitely beating the Heat. And no, this heat team is nothing like that 2009 Cavs team by the way:cheers:
:oldlol: I laugh when people still call the Magic fluky..

DeronMillsap
01-10-2011, 01:27 PM
If Wade goes down or is injured, they are actually like the LeBron's Cavs.

Early season struggles showed that because Wade wasn't 100%.

MMM
01-10-2011, 01:45 PM
I like Boston's chances vs Mia whether or not Boston is the favourite. However, I have to say Miami has been the most impressive team over the last 3-6 weeks and have a really solid argument for being the best team at this point of the season.

RJChPD
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
The original thread starter is just trolling. I'm surprised this thread is five pages long.

dankok8
01-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Some facts about 09 ECF:
1) Orlando shot 44% from 3 in the series including ~50% in wins
2) Howard shot a career high 70% from the FT line (normally 55-60% shooter) and had his career best series averaging 26ppg on 60%
3) Orlando needed 2 huge shots from Rashard Lewis in Game 1&4; first was game winning second game tying to force OT and Orlando loses the series without even one of these shots almost certainly; Turk hit another in Game 2 but Lebron responded as we all know

In other words, you cant expect Orlando to repeat this performance. 44% from 3, 3 game winning/tying shots in the last few seconds of a 6 game series and FT% over 10% higher than career average for Dwight... That's why Lebron was so frustrated and wouldnt shake hands. I totally believe that if this series was played out 10 times, Cavs would win 8-9 times. The pendulum just swung totally in favor of Orlando in that series.

Now potential matchup with 11 Miami:
1) Miami has 4 great 3pt shooters in Miller/Jones/House/Arroyo and another 2 respectable ones in Chalmers and Bron; playing exclusively zone against this team is NOT effective
2) Miami has Lebron AND Wade = big difference; even one of them going off can mean Miami wins and Howard gets in foul trouble; they will also burn the Magic and any other team in transition pretty badly
3) Bosh is not the toughest guy but he can abuse Bass/Anderson in a playoff series who dont have size/grit to frustrate him

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Some facts about 09 ECF:
1) Orlando shot 44% from 3 in the series including ~50% in wins
2) Howard shot a career high 70% from the FT line (normally 55-60% shooter) and had his career best series averaging 26ppg on 60%
3) Orlando needed 2 huge shots from Rashard Lewis in Game 1&4; first was game winning second game tying to force OT and Orlando loses the series without even one of these shots almost certainly; Turk hit another in Game 2 but Lebron responded as we all know

In other words, you cant expect Orlando to repeat this performance. 44% from 3, 3 game winning/tying shots in the last few seconds of a 6 game series and FT% over 10% higher than career average for Dwight... That's why Lebron was so frustrated and wouldnt shake hands. I totally believe that if this series was played out 10 times, Cavs would win 8-9 times. The pendulum just swung totally in favor of Orlando in that series.

Now potential matchup with 11 Miami:
1) Miami has 4 great 3pt shooters in Miller/Jones/House/Arroyo and another 2 respectable ones in Chalmers and Bron; playing exclusively zone against this team is NOT effective
2) Miami has Lebron AND Wade = big difference; even one of them going off can mean Miami wins and Howard gets in foul trouble; they will also burn the Magic and any other team in transition pretty badly
3) Bosh is not the toughest guy but he can abuse Bass/Anderson in a playoff series who dont have size/grit to frustrate him
Miller has history on his side and Jones is the only great 3 point shooter you have. And playing Zone would work with this team when you have non scoring Centers. Have you ever heard of a matchup zone? Also Bosh getting touches is not a problem because it takes the ball off the perimiter. There is only one ball to share. And Orlando can and will shoot 44 % because Dwight has Illgauskas guarding him AGAIN.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Also House is a great shooter but theres a reason why he doesn't play much.

HiphopRelated
01-10-2011, 02:33 PM
meh, this is irrelevant...Magic won't get pass the Celtics anyway

ECFs will be the best series of the playoffs imo

BallsOut
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
I will put the Magic ahead of the Heat once they get a legit backup C or at least two serviceable ones. They need the extra bigs to combat D-Whistle and LePhantom Fouls in the playoffs.

PurpleChuck
01-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I will put the Magic ahead of the Heat once they get a legit backup C or at least two serviceable ones. They need the extra bigs to combat D-Whistle and LePhantom Fouls in the playoffs.

At least that's creative...

crisoner
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Also House is a great shooter but theres a reason why he doesn't play much.

House is the best thing about that team!

:rockon:

I only say this because that's my homey.

B-Easy
01-10-2011, 03:24 PM
The Celtics took care of the Magic so easily last season ... ..if Miami isnt the best then at least say its Boston.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
The Celtics took care of the Magic so easily last season ... ..if Miami isnt the best then at least say its Boston.
I did :rolleyes:

Derka
01-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Right now, yes they are....as much as it pains me to say it.

20 of their last 21, however many in a row on the road. Proof is in the pudding, as they say. And say what you want about the quality of a lot of those teams, but when you're a good team you're SUPPOSED to win those games.

B-Easy
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I did :rolleyes:

Boston and only Boston can beat Miami in the East.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Right now, yes they are....as much as it pains me to say it.

20 of their last 21, however many in a row on the road. Proof is in the pudding, as they say. And say what you want about the quality of a lot of those teams, but when you're a good team you're SUPPOSED to win those games.
Yeah Cleveland was a good team last year too, how did that work for them?

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Boston and only Boston can beat Miami in the East.
If you think that Howard won't have a cake walk against Joel Anthony and Z and that its not even possible for Orlando to beat Miami your an idiot. Of course Miami can beat Orlando. I personally think they won't.

comerb
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure what's more sad... This thread, or the fact the op doesn't know how to spell unstoppable.

Derka
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah Cleveland was a good team last year too, how did that work for them?

True but you're not talking about a few months from now. Miami IS, as in right now, the best team in the East.

MrUnstopable
01-10-2011, 03:35 PM
True but you're not talking about a few months from now. Miami IS, as in right now, the best team in the East.
And my point what has that proven? NOTHING, I am not arguing regular season success in this topic, I'm arguing post season. Yes I don't have a crystal ball but this looks like a recipe for disaster to me.

pegasus
01-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure what's sadder... This thread, or the fact that the op doesn't know how to spell unstoppable.

Fixed.

All Net
01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
And my point what has that proven? NOTHING, I am not arguing regular season success in this topic, I'm arguing post season. Yes I don't have a crystal ball but this looks like a recipe for disaster to me.
Nobody knows what will happen in the playoffs but having the two best players in the league will be huge for Miami in the playoffs say what you want about their frontcourt if the big 3 are at their best they may well have enough to win. Chances are magic won't get past Boston for us to see who would beat who anyway so it's pointless going back and forth with this

BlueandGold
01-10-2011, 05:15 PM

lol this kid has said the same thing about the Cavs the last 3 years. Wonder how that turned out?

jrong
01-10-2011, 06:58 PM

The two players you speak of are not two of the top five players in the league. They are incontestably the two best players in the league. Now that Kobe has slipped, nobody else is even in the same class.

And that is a significant distinction. It means that no matter who the Heat play, they will always have the two best players on the court.

Anyway, the only team that has a chance is the Celtics. The Heat would wax the Magic in no more than six games.

Samurai Swoosh
01-10-2011, 07:02 PM
:oldlol:

LEFT4DEAD
01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
:facepalm :facepalm at ***** which are comparing Cavs from last couple of seasons to this Heat team. I mean, REALLY!!?? :wtf:

Clutch
01-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Miami is dangerous.

I can't really predict will they really win against Boston and Orlando in playoffs.
It will be a close and very interesting series,no matter are they playing against Boston or Orlando.

Miami have talent to win the championship,but there are a lot of questions that no-one can answer until the playoffs.
How will the rest of the team react in the playoffs ?
Is their bench deep enough ?
How they are going to defend the paint with Bosh and Anthony/Ilgauskas ?
Will they be healthy ?

Dwade305
01-10-2011, 07:22 PM
:facepalm :facepalm at ***** which are comparing Cavs from last couple of seasons to this Heat team. I mean, REALLY!!?? :wtf:
:lol It's all the OP has seriously, pointing out the Magic's "best" playoff series victory in the last decade as comparison

Micku
01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
The Celts are could knock the Heat out.

Wade have trouble guarding Ray Allen. Rondo always abuse the Heat. KG vs Bosh will be interesting. Even though Shaq isn't as great as he once was, he could still show flashes of his former self. Not to mention JO and Perkins. JO could score once he gets back into shape and Perkins is good defender. They can use their bodies to block Wade from penetrating.

The Magic could cause some problems, but Wade and LeBron would put Howard into foul trouble probably. But you'll never know. We'll see once the playoffs start. One of the key players on either team might get injured.

tommy3
01-10-2011, 07:27 PM
It's a waste of a thread and time. We have yet to see them perform in the playoffs.

Mr. I'm So Rad
01-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Does anyone actually think they are?

Jasper
01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
I actually think the Heat PG's just need to stand their ground against the Majic's Pg's.

The equation is Howard vs heat.

But both teams fear Rondo.

You subtract rondo from Boston , and they are beatable.

JrueHoliday11
01-10-2011, 10:08 PM
http://real2012info.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/nostradamus-jr.sb_.jpg
:roll:

SpecialQue
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Well Miami fans, with Boston's loss tonight, you are now on top in the East. Congrats, you stacked underdogs!

Nash-tastic
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Do you make them? :lol

raptorfan_dr07
01-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Orlando is a pretender and has been for the past several years. That 09 Finals appearance was a fluke and everyone knows it. The only legit title contenders in the East this year are Boston and Miami. Yeah Orlando improved with the recent trades, but it still isn't enough to get past either the Celtics or Heat.

icewill36
01-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Orlando is a pretender and has been for the past several years. That 09 Finals appearance was a fluke and everyone knows it. The only legit title contenders in the East this year are Boston and Miami. Yeah Orlando improved with the recent trades, but it still isn't enough to get past either the Celtics or Heat.

orlando was not a fluke in 09... unfortunately SVG ruined their chemistry in the finals by playing jameer nelson when he CLEARLY should not have been playing. had they of stuck with what got them in the first place the series would have been much better.

anyway, its way too early to judge orlando as they are a very different team. they are going with a traditional PF next to dwight instead of a stretch 4, they are actively trying to push the tempo more, and overall have more dangerous players than the previous years.

but there is no doubt miami is the best team in the east right now. are top 2 or 3 in both OFF and DEF efficiency, they have won 21 of 22, and they have the top 2 players on the planet. despite some of the holes in the roster, having wade and bron makes up for it, and this all without haslem and mike miller still recovering.

az00m
01-10-2011, 11:43 PM
About the only thing Miami is winning is all their fans being the best trolls on this forum. Congrats to all of you on the Troll mvp

B-Easy
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
About the only thing Miami is winning is all their fans being the best trolls on this forum. Congrats to all of you on the Troll mvp

you dont see any Heat fans guaranteeing a championship here ....yet most non Heat fans here are guaranteeing they wont beat Boston hoping they fail.

Heat and their fans = humble
the media and fans of other teams= haters

SebasMiamiFan
01-11-2011, 12:09 AM
you dont see any Heat fans guaranteeing a championship here ....yet most non Heat fans here are guaranteeing they wont beat Boston hoping they fail.

Heat and their fans = humble
the media and fans of other teams= haters

That's what it seems like here. I get negative rep just for liking the Heat.

DeronMillsap
02-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Boston is still the best team in the East.

I do like Orlando now with Arenas and Hedo slightly ahead of Miami in a playoff series. I might even have Chicago up there too.

1 Boston
2a Orlando
2b Miami
2c Chicago

Rose-Noah-Boozer line up have only played like 10 games together so we haven't seen how good they can be with all 3 guys 100% healthy.

Bump. So I'm wrong about Arenas but I think putting Miami, Chicago and Orlando in the same group is pretty accurate.

If Magic hold off the Lakers with 4 minutes left, they could be back in the elite picture.

bagelred
02-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Hahaha that is so true.

ShannonElements
05-25-2011, 12:16 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/AssNinjaLoLo/e3%20lolo/George_Takei_LOLs.gif

Dolphin
05-25-2011, 12:20 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c98/AssNinjaLoLo/e3%20lolo/George_Takei_LOLs.gif

lol

Clippersfan86
05-25-2011, 12:22 AM

Heat007
05-25-2011, 12:23 AM
Championship Cruise >>>>>

Can you FEEL THE HEAT ?!?!

MostHated305
05-25-2011, 12:24 AM

LMAO!!!

:hammertime:

LilEddyCurry
05-25-2011, 12:28 AM
:)

derb2k2
05-25-2011, 12:40 AM

ROFL!!

Hoopz2332
05-25-2011, 04:55 AM

RainierBeachPoet
05-25-2011, 08:51 AM
In a 7 game series both Boston and Orlando would beat them. .

would, could, should...

that's why we play the games: you have to prove it on the court

go bulls and mavs!!

Askmeificare
05-25-2011, 11:33 AM

another fail :lol :lol :lol :lol

AstralBaller
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM
another fail :lol :lol :lol :lol

Don't you just love it??/

:cheers: :cheers:

ShannonElements
05-27-2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

SebasMiamiFan
05-27-2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052009/1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif
:lol :applause:

lilgodfather1
05-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Dis' Ni99a here his name is Mr. Unstoppable, LeBron goin' **** his crack head mom like he was Delonte yo'