PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bogut or Andrew Bynum

BEAST Griffin
01-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Who's better?

Qwyjibo
01-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I like Bogut's defense and rebounding far more. I'll take him. But Bynum is good too.

Stuckey
01-10-2011, 08:53 PM
bynum if he can stay healthy

SyRyanYang
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Bogut by far, unless Bynum stays healthy for AT LEAST 1 season

dkmwise
01-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Hmm, both have injury concers. It would be close but i'd take Bogut

Rose
01-10-2011, 08:56 PM
In a perfect world where injuries don't happen, Bynum.

However, it's Bogut, mostly because he plays more.

magnax1
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Definitely Bogut. Stats don't do Bogut justice.

DuMa
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
bogut. he doesnt have kobe and pau taking away your man constantly.

NBASTATMAN
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Who's better?

Bynum is better but he can't stay healthy.. So you gotta take bogut ,though he has had his bout of injuries as well.. But not as severe as bynum's

NoEasy9
01-10-2011, 09:00 PM
In a perfect world where injuries don't happen, Bynum.

However, it's Bogut, mostly because he plays more.
This...and I think Bynum has much more room for improvement...where as I dont think the same for Bogut.

knightfall88
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
both healthy.

Bynum, I think he can do everything Bogut can do + he is much more aggressive.

Quata
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
The bogey one. Far better team player and would like him anchoring the defense more. Bynum has the superior offensive post game for sure, compounded by boguts struggles offensively this season due to his arm bothering him.

Vancouver-Grizz
01-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Bogut for sure....

FKAri
01-10-2011, 09:24 PM
lol..Bynum sucks. Healthy or not.

Borat
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Bogut might be better than Bynum at everything except finishing around the basket.
Even playing with one arm. No offence to Bynum, cos Bogut is the second best centre in the league.

Jasper
01-10-2011, 09:27 PM
bynum has an unbelievable big body ... he is in the catagory of Shaq when it comes to meer size.
That along keeps guys out of the board area as well as posting him up is a real challenge.

Bogut is the more athletic player , and because of his history in college as well as all the years in the pro's ... he has several low post moves as well as an exceptional passer , people over look.

If Bynum gets 100% healthy he could be a very good shot blocker .. but I don't think it's going to happen.

Bogut has already schooled himself how to do it , and has become a beast.
He is ranked 2nd behind Howard.

Bogut by a land slide ... and remember he has played at least 4 years with back issues , neck issues , migrains as well as his last year injury broken wrists and dislocated elbow.

If you look at centers not just in the east but the whole league , Bogut is easily ranked in the top 4.

strike
01-10-2011, 09:27 PM
id rather have bogut on the lakers right now, PURELY because you dont know how long Bynum will play!

If both are fully fit for one full season, and play the same minutes, id pick Bynum

YAWN
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Though I think Bogut has been very underrated over the past couple years... I think Bynum could be better than him eventually / if he stays healthy.

With all that said. Bogut.

Batz
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Healthy Bynum over Bogut any day.

Borat
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Healthy Bynum over Bogut any day.

That's like saying the Loch Ness Monster over Bogut any day.

Sure he is big and would dominate around the basket - but does he really exist?

SinJackal
01-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Bogut for me, even if Bynum was healthy. Bogut is quicker, a better rebounder, and has a bigger impact on defense due to his excellent help defense ability. Bynum is probably as good of a man defender as Bogut, maybe. But his help defense isn't nearly as good imo. Bynum has better offensive moves, but I think Bogut's defense has a bigger impact. I've seen him really take over games defensively and completely close out the paint in an almost Mutmbo-esque fashion. Not quite that good, but he's shown flashes of it.

Of course, when you factor health, I'd easily take Bogut. Bynum seems really injury prone. Hope he turns that around since he's a fun player to watch sometimes.

DeronMillsap
01-10-2011, 09:39 PM
The white Andrew.

Batz
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
That's like saying the Loch Ness Monster over Bogut any day.

Sure he is big and would dominate around the basket - but does he really exist?
I am convinced.

GiveItToBurrito
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Once Bogut's arm is a 100% and he can score again, Bogut, and by quite a bit. Bynum's great, but he's nowhere near the passer Bogut is and not as smart a defender. Bogut's basically the player that Kahn thinks Darko is or can be.

Walduś
01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
andrew.

StacksOnDeck
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM

Never understood why trolls bother coming in threads and posting BS.

AJ2k8
01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
If Bynum stays healthy for the next 3-5years then I think he'll become better than Bogut but at this point of time i'd take Bogut. IMO he's the clear cut 2nd best C in the league:cheers:

JrueHoliday11
01-10-2011, 10:09 PM
bynum but hes never healthy

SourGrapes
01-10-2011, 10:34 PM
andrew's touch around the basket is much better than bogut's imo, but bogut blocks without fouling and rebounds much better than bynum. seeing as though bynum's knees won't last much longer, i'd take bogut

Nash-tastic
01-10-2011, 10:39 PM
bynum has an unbelievable big body ... he is in the catagory of Shaq when it comes to meer size.
That along keeps guys out of the board area as well as posting him up is a real challenge.

Bogut is the more athletic player , and because of his history in college as well as all the years in the pro's ... he has several low post moves as well as an exceptional passer , people over look.

If Bynum gets 100% healthy he could be a very good shot blocker .. but I don't think it's going to happen.

Bogut has already schooled himself how to do it , and has become a beast.
He is ranked 2nd behind Howard.

Bogut by a land slide ... and remember he has played at least 4 years with back issues , neck issues , migrains as well as his last year injury broken wrists and dislocated elbow.

If you look at centers not just in the east but the whole league , Bogut is easily ranked in the top 4.
Great Post :applause: I actually ranked Bogut as the 2nd best C in the league

XxSMSxX
01-10-2011, 11:31 PM
How about the guy who doesn't suspiciously get injured at the same time with the same injury for the last 3 years

Meticode
01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Not sure if serious? Bogut though.

ImmortalNemesis
01-10-2011, 11:39 PM
This is an insult to Andrew Bogut. What the hell has Bynum done other than get injured?

LA_Showtime
01-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Bogut has shown to be more durable, but a healthy Bynum has a higher ceiling and a bigger defensive presence.

Bigsmoke
01-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Bogut is a better on offense and defender so whats the debate?

scm5
01-11-2011, 12:40 AM
I love how the question is asking which is the better player yet everyone shrugs off Bynum because of his injury problems. If we disregarded injury problems and look purely at his skills as a player, Bynum's got it locked.

Bynum is more fundamentally sound. He has lost a lot of his explosion since his knee injuries, but he still performs at a high level because of his skills. He has a soft touch around the rim. Bynum's TS% is nearly 6% higher than Bogut's, and his FG% is about 4% higher. As far as rebounds go, they both have around the same rebounding rate, with Bogut having a slight advantage. I'd take the Center that's been playing with two other ~10rpg players and putting up the same rebound rate.

Bynum's favorite player and role model is Tim Duncan, the Big Fundamental. It could be said that Bynum has taken after Duncan quite well. He is fundamentally sound in offense as well as defense. He doesn't need his explosiveness to remain a good center, as his recent play has shown us.

Bogut is probably right under Bynum for me as far as Centers go, but Bynum is definitely the better player. If he were injury free, he would probably currently be regarded unanimously as the second best center in the game.

Again, I'm just asking you to look at the evidence. Bynum's fundamental skills has allowed him to come back after two knee injuries and three surgeries and still perform at around the same level as before. He is a defensive stalwart for the Lakers. He is more skilled and more fundamentally sound.

scm5
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Oh yah, for those who don't just watch games to make their final decision... Bynum's PER has been over 20 for 4 years running, despite injuries. Bogut has hit that mark once.

Don't just look at stats though, Bynum has solid fundamentals in game. He's not exciting to watch ( much like Duncan) but he's solid.

XxSMSxX
01-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I love how the question is asking which is the better player yet everyone shrugs off Bynum because of his injury problems. If we disregarded injury problems and look purely at his skills as a player, Bynum's got it locked.

Bynum is more fundamentally sound. He has lost a lot of his explosion since his knee injuries, but he still performs at a high level because of his skills. He has a soft touch around the rim. Bynum's TS% is nearly 6% higher than Bogut's, and his FG% is about 4% higher. As far as rebounds go, they both have around the same rebounding rate, with Bogut having a slight advantage. I'd take the Center that's been playing with two other ~10rpg players and putting up the same rebound rate.

Bynum's favorite player and role model is Tim Duncan, the Big Fundamental. It could be said that Bynum has taken after Duncan quite well. He is fundamentally sound in offense as well as defense. He doesn't need his explosiveness to remain a good center, as his recent play has shown us.

Bogut is probably right under Bynum for me as far as Centers go, but Bynum is definitely the better player. If he were injury free, he would probably currently be regarded unanimously as the second best center in the game.

Again, I'm just asking you to look at the evidence. Bynum's fundamental skills has allowed him to come back after two knee injuries and three surgeries and still perform at around the same level as before. He is a defensive stalwart for the Lakers. He is more skilled and more fundamentally sound.

Why would we do that?

Quata
01-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Yao Ming is the best center in the league.

if we disregard injury problems.

scm5
01-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Why would we do that?

Because comparing Bynum to Bogut was like Comparing Yao and Ilgauskas through their careers. There's no doubt that Yao was the better player throughout his career, but Ilgauskas put up similar stats and yet isn't even mentioned in the same breath as Yao. Why?

Yao was injury prone, and comparing Yao to Big Z is very much like comparing Bynum and Bogut. Bynum puts up better numbers when he's on the floor, but is off the floor much more. Bogut and Big Z are both less injury prone, but don't perform at the same level as Yao and Bynum.

Yao shoots about 4% better than Ilgauskas and is the more skilled player. He puts up the better efficiency numbers of the two. They both rebound at around the same rate. Yao is injured more, yet is considered better than Ilgauskas.

Sound familiar to a comparison I just made?

scm5
01-11-2011, 01:25 AM
I like Bogut's defense and rebounding far more. I'll take him. But Bynum is good too.

Bogut's rebounding rate is slightly higher than Bynum's but Bynum plays with two other 10rpg players. If you adjust Bynum's minutes to Bogut's, his rebounding would be nearly identical to Bogut's.

Bynum's FG% is higher by 9. Before you say it's a product of playing with Gasol, Bynum was scoring at a 63% clip before he went down in 08, just before Gasol came to LA.

I don't understand how players look at blind stats only. Look at how they get their rebounds and points and you will see that Bynum is clearly a superior player.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:26 AM
do people fail to forget that the ''injury prone'' andrew was hurt twice by teamates? I think odom hurt him in '08 and then kobe dove for a ball against Memphis and hit his knee in '09-'10 season... you guys are so cute.

Borat
01-11-2011, 01:29 AM
So now some Lakers fans think Bynum isnt injury prone, and totally disregard Boguts all round skills.

Brilliant

scm5
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM
do people fail to forget that the ''injury prone'' andrew was hurt twice by teamates? I think odom hurt him in '08 and then kobe dove for a ball against Memphis and hit his knee in '09-'10 season... you guys are so cute.

To posters here, injuries are injuries. I somewhat agree. He hasn't been the most reliable player to date, but his comebacks from his injuries have sold me. He is solid fundamentally and if he can stay healthy, even without regaining any lost athleticism or explosiveness, he will be Top 2-3 Centers in the league.

He has rebounded from injuries like a champion. He has played through injuries like a champion. His recent comeback from injury has pretty much solidified my stance on him.

yeaaaman
01-11-2011, 01:32 AM

I don't understand what thats supposed to mean. So if someone gets injured by their own player it doesn't count as an injury?

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:34 AM
how are the circumstances of landing on lamar odom's foot and having kobe dive for a loose ball into your knee considered injury prone???

bogut landed on his arm and totally f*cked up his elbow and wrist but after recovering they both still have an opportunity for great nba careers.

how about we let time tell and not be so judgmental on and opinion based thread?

if you need some relief from all the rage, i give great hj's

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:38 AM
I don't understand what thats supposed to mean. So if someone gets injured by their own player it doesn't count as an injury?

injury ''PRONE'' means to me... (STRICTLY BIASED) that someone landed awkwardly due to lack of body control or some other similar shiat. Bynum's injuries were definitely unfortunate but not because he had weird landing.

I understand injuries randomly happen no matter what.. but as far as injury prone, Yao is the definition. His body is too big for it's own good, therefore all the stress fractures.

Borat
01-11-2011, 01:39 AM
how are the circumstances of landing on lamar odom's foot and having kobe dive for a loose ball into your knee considered injury prone???

bogut landed on his arm and totally f*cked up his elbow and wrist but after recovering they both still have an opportunity for great nba careers.

how about we let time tell and not be so judgmental on and opinion based thread?

if you need some relief from all the rage, i give great hj's

Bynum has a shit knee, that why it gets injured easily.

Bogut had a freak injury.

Surely you dont need that explained.

scm5
01-11-2011, 01:39 AM
So now some Lakers fans think Bynum isnt injury prone, and totally disregard Boguts all round skills.

Brilliant

Bogut's all around skills has him scoring at a 48% TS%. AI would scoff at that and chuck to his heart's desire if Bogut was on his team and scoring at that rate.

Bynum is still injury prone, there's no denying that. I just love the way he's rebounded from them... and Rhyen is right, Bynum was injured by somewhat freak accidents.. but injuries are injuries. If he can stay away from those freak injuries, Bynum will no doubt be better.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:43 AM

god bless, i've been visiting these boards for years and am reluctant to post because of the simple fact that fans are fans... and some of you guys are just plain @$$holes

whatever...

bynum obviously has the size advantage when he can stay healthy and can alter shots (which is effective in it's own way).

bogut is more offensively skilled player. if pau and kobe weren't on the floor, it's obvious bynum would have to work more for each attempt...

but seriously, most of you guys are lame

Borat
Bogut's all around skills has him scoring at a 48% TS%. AI would scoff at that and chuck to his heart's desire if Bogut was on his team and scoring at that rate.

Bynum is still injury prone, there's no denying that. I just love the way he's rebounded from them... and Rhyen is right, Bynum was injured by somewhat freak accidents.. but injuries are injuries. If he can stay away from those freak injuries, Bynum will no doubt be better.

Is that his TS% this season with one arm? Either way he is more skilled than Bynum at everything except finshing around the basket.

Players collide all the time, getting injured more easily from these collisions is injury prone.

thejumpa
injury ''PRONE'' means to me... (STRICTLY BIASED) that someone landed awkwardly due to lack of body control or some other similar shiat. Bynum's injuries were definitely unfortunate but not because he had weird landing.

I understand injuries randomly happen no matter what.. but as far as injury prone, Yao is the definition. His body is too big for it's own good, therefore all the stress fractures.

I agree that the term "injury prone" makes more sense with Yao but it still doesn't change the outcome: Bynums knee is more fragile than the guy who didn't get injured. He's more likely to get hurt again than Dwight Howard is. So, he may not be "injury prone", but he's definitely working with a vunerable wheel.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:45 AM
I agree that the term "injury prone" makes more sense with Yao but it still doesn't change the outcome: Bynums knee is more fragile than the guy who didn't get injured. He's more likely to get hurt again than Dwight Howard is. So, he may not be "injury prone", but he's definitely working with a vunerable wheel.

if dwight had a player diving for a ball that is heading out of bounce at full speed at his knee he would of been in the same situation. A KNEE IS A KNEE PEEPS.. it's just the luck of the draw... jesus christ

scm5

Bynum's knee isn't as solid as we would like it. You can account for at least Kobe's landing on his leg as a freak accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2NUsGSzw0Q

Take a good look at that video. Bynum was clearly looking for the rebound and not ready for Kobe's weight on his leg. Bynum had his knee relaxed when Kobe fell into it. If you notice the angle at how his leg was hit and his knee bends, any player would have been injured.

Borat
god bless, i've been visiting these boards for years and am reluctant to post because of the simple fact that fans are fans... and some of you guys are just plain @$$holes

whatever...

bynum obviously has the size advantage when he can stay healthy and can alter shots (which is effective in it's own way).

bogut is more offensively skilled player. if pau and kobe weren't on the floor, it's obvious bynum would have to work more for each attempt...

but seriously, most of you guys are lame

If you cant tell that Bogut isnt a better player than Bynum, particulary the last 2 seasons (this season playing injured and can barely shoot) than you dont watch Bucks games or you are Laker nut hugger..

GatorKid117
01-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Bogut and quite easily for myself. Shame he got injured last year, he was arguably the DPOY before that happened.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:48 AM
If you cant tell that Bogut isnt a better player than Bynum, particulary the last 2 seasons (this season playing injured and can barely shoot) than you dont watch Bucks games or you are Laker nut hugger..

dude... i said bogut is the obviously more skilled offensive player. his team also demands more from him each night they play.

but if you don't agree that bynum's presence doesn't have more of an effect on altering shots then i just need to sodomize you

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:50 AM
ps i'm such a laker's ******ger i cream on myself day-dreaming it's them...

reALLY?!

gtfo

Borat
01-11-2011, 01:50 AM
Bynum's knee isn't as solid as we would like it. You can account for at least Kobe's landing on his leg as a freak accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2NUsGSzw0Q

Take a good look at that video. Bynum was clearly looking for the rebound and not ready for Kobe's weight on his leg. Bynum had his knee relaxed when Kobe fell into it. If you notice the angle at how his leg was hit and his knee bends, any player would have been injured.

3 knee injuries already holmes

thejumpa
01-11-2011, 01:51 AM
if dwight had a player diving for a ball that is heading out of bounce at full speed at his knee he would of been in the same situation. A KNEE IS A KNEE PEEPS.. it's just the luck of the draw... jesus christ

I was agreeing with you fool. I don't think Bynum is "injury prone" either. I'm just sayin....you would think that Bynums knee is more vulnerable to a "regular" non contact knee injury than Dwights is.

However, if Bynums' knee continues to give him issues and it starts giving him issues that causes him to miss games and change his game/decline, then things will change.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:51 AM

Borat
01-11-2011, 01:52 AM
dude... i said bogut is the obviously more skilled offensive player. his team also demands more from him each night they play.

but if you don't agree that bynum's presence doesn't have more of an effect on altering shots then i just need to sodomize you

Bogut is a better shot blocker, rotating defender, and man to man, but yes Bynum is taller.

Borat
01-11-2011, 01:52 AM

sprains happens like that all the time.

LA_Showtime
01-11-2011, 01:54 AM

You can't say Bogut had a freak injury and then call Bynum injury prone. Both of his injuries were caused by his teammates.

yeaaaman
01-11-2011, 01:57 AM

I don't necessarily agree. Injury prone means a person is more prone to injuries than average I guess, and the average would be for Bynum the other players in the league. Whether or not you want to say Bynum is "injury prone", we can conclude that he has been injured more than others. Freak accidents happen often because they are weird but at the same time don't happen to others who's body can withstand the accident. For example, I'm sure you've seen someone come down on a ball and not roll their ankle, and their are people who will come down on it the same way and suffer an injury. Not everyone is the same, I don't necessarily agree with your idea that Howard would have been injured if someone dove into his legs. Everyones not the same.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 02:01 AM
You can't say Bogut had a freak injury and then call Bynum injury prone. Both of his injuries were caused by his teammates.

Exactly.. Both had unfortunate injuries

I went to UK.. I know u guys probably don't keep up with college ball but I remember one of our ghetto player, Ramel "Smooth" Bradley and Bogut went at it durin the tourney in the '04 or '05 season of NCAA tourney. Guess that situation already makes me biased against him

scm5
01-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I don't necessarily agree. Injury prone means a person is more prone to injuries than average I guess, and the average would be for Bynum the other players in the league. Whether or not you want to say Bynum is "injury prone", we can conclude that he has been injured more than others. Freak accidents happen often because they are weird but at the same time don't happen to others who's body can withstand the accident. For example, I'm sure you've seen someone come down on a ball and not roll their ankle, and their are people who will come down on it the same way and suffer an injury. Not everyone is the same, I don't necessarily agree with your idea that Howard would have been injured if someone dove into his legs. Everyones not the same.

Just so you know, that is a total misunderstanding of how landing on a ball works. Almost all injuries are based off angles. A few degrees (a mm or two on a basketball) would affect how severe the injury could be when landing on the ball. The angle of the foot when landing on the ball is also a big factor. If a player comes down flat footed right on top of the ball, he's going to be fine. If he comes down flat footed to either side of the ball, he's gonna be injured. If he comes down onto the ball with his toes first, he might just slip on it and land on his butt. Luck is a very big factor in injuries.

Kobe landed on Bynum at not only a vulnerable moment, but at a very awkward angle.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 02:06 AM

I agree... There's almost a finese to falling to avoid injury. The more awkward and large u are, the less likely u are to have the reflexes to avoid a possible injury. Boguts elbow injury was unavoidable for practically anyone.. But imagine being a 7 ft'r and trying to maintain ur weight when coming down awkwardly on someones foot. Also having kobe diving full speed at ur knee.. Its all relative. Two great players with unfortunate injuries.

Who knows.. This *ish (not boards) is all subjective any way

thomaspynchon
01-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Bogut is better.

eltonrosas
01-11-2011, 02:13 AM
Bogut is better.

^This by a landslide

scm5
01-11-2011, 02:26 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bogutan01&p2=bynuman01

I'd say that 1.7ppg is negated by the fact that Bynum outrebounded Bogut while they were on the floor. Bynum got .1rpg less but did so in about 6mpg less.

Bynum also scored at more efficient rate, turned the ball over less, and blocked more shots.

Bynum is the better player.

Da KO King
01-11-2011, 03:08 AM
The amount of people picking Andrew Bynum is making me wonder did I miss something. :oldlol: Andrew Bogut is better at everything except finishing under the rim. Even then Bogut does a better job individually of getting there so I give him "extra credit".

yeaaaman
01-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Just so you know, that is a total misunderstanding of how landing on a ball works. Almost all injuries are based off angles. A few degrees (a mm or two on a basketball) would affect how severe the injury could be when landing on the ball. The angle of the foot when landing on the ball is also a big factor. If a player comes down flat footed right on top of the ball, he's going to be fine. If he comes down flat footed to either side of the ball, he's gonna be injured. If he comes down onto the ball with his toes first, he might just slip on it and land on his butt. Luck is a very big factor in injuries.

Kobe landed on Bynum at not only a vulnerable moment, but at a very awkward angle.

Of course the angle is very important, but you'd be lying if you thought that everyone is going to react the same to certain incidents even at the same speed, force, angle, etc. People's bodies are just flat out built differently. On top of that, your mentioning people coming down a certain way, it's possible that some players are less likely to come down in a way such that they would be at an angle leaving them susceptible to injury, whereas another player, Bynum in this case, may very well be more likely to come down at an angle that would increase the likelihood of injury based on his body type, joint, bone, or ligament strength, whatever.

Like Rhyen said, Bynum's size I'm sure played a role in his injury. I would also say its not outside the realm of possibility that other factors did as well, such as a players durability or ability to withstand injury. I don't think every player in the NBA would get the same injury as Bynum if they were put in the same situation, I just refuse to believe it.

LilBTheBasedGod
01-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Bogut is a skilled, 2nd highest defensive rating statistically, Andrew Bynum is just a pack of meat.

PHILA
01-11-2011, 06:21 AM
The amount of people picking Andrew Bynum is making me wonder did I miss something. :oldlol: Andrew Bogut is better at everything except finishing under the rim. Even then Bogut does a better job individually of getting there so I give him "extra credit". http://i51.tinypic.com/i73czo.jpg

Clutch
01-11-2011, 06:33 AM
BOGUT:

Points per minute: 0.371
Rebounds per minute: 0.326
Blocks per minute: 0.078

BYNUM:

Points per minute: 0.469
Rebounds per minute: 0.292
Blocks per minute: 0.070

Stats are not everything but they are showing that Bogut is slightly better rebounder and shot blocker while Bynum is a better scorer.
Stats aren't showing that Lakers are playing at higher tempo,that Bynum has great teammates who distract defense from him.....

AFTER ALL
Bynum has much more room for improvement and if I know that they will both stay healthy I would take Bynum.

Hondo
01-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Hard choice, I like them both. Bogut is the better defender, but Bynum has his number on offense, and he's bigger. I'd go for Bynum and pray he doesn't get injured. You can't really go wrong with either one.

Great thread.

GhostDeini32
01-11-2011, 07:21 AM
very comparable.

i take bogut because i like his ability to pass out of the post more than bynum. they are both good, walking bandages so who really knows. Bogut seems a bit more skilled as a player than bynum who is a great traditional center. But again I like Bogut's passing ability out of the post and even in the high post.

I hesitantly choose Bogut.

El Kabong
01-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Bogeyman.

lakerfreak
01-11-2011, 07:36 AM

Whats your point here? Dwight Howard almost never gets injured. How does that statement prove anything about Bynum?

A guy who gets injured vs a guy who doesnt.

lakerfreak
01-11-2011, 07:37 AM
BOGUT:

Points per minute: 0.371
Rebounds per minute: 0.326
Blocks per minute: 0.078

BYNUM:

Points per minute: 0.469
Rebounds per minute: 0.292
Blocks per minute: 0.070

Stats are not everything but they are showing that Bogut is slightly better rebounder and shot blocker while Bynum is a better scorer.
Stats aren't showing that Lakers are playing at higher tempo,that Bynum has great teammates who distract defense from him.....

AFTER ALL
Bynum has much more room for improvement and if I know that they will both stay healthy I would take Bynum.

Not to mention Lamar and Pau take a lot of rebounds as well. Take them off the team, how much would bynum's rebound increase?

Clutch
01-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Not to mention Lamar and Pau take a lot of rebounds as well. Take them off the team, how much would bynum's rebound increase?

fair statement

Walker
01-11-2011, 11:28 AM
What a retarded thread.

Clearly 2nd best center in the league v a guy that can't even get on the court...

Why not Bogut or Oden?
Same stupidity.....

PurpleChuck
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
What a retarded thread.

Clearly 2nd best center in the league v a guy that can't even get on the court...

Why not Bogut or Oden?
Same stupidity.....
lol.

All Net
01-11-2011, 11:47 AM
What a retarded thread.

Why not Bogut or Oden?
Same stupidity.....

He's on the court now isn't he? no doubt in my mind if the roles were reversed Bynum would put up similar numbers if he was on a lesser team like Bogut.

Bigsmoke
01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
He's on the court now isn't he? no doubt in my mind if the roles were reversed Bynum would put up similar numbers if he was on a lesser team like Bogut.

it depends. Bynum would see a lot more double teams and he isnt half as good as passing the ball as an healthy Bogut is.

All Net
01-11-2011, 11:55 AM
it depends. Bynum would see a lot more double teams and he isnt half as good as passing the ball as an healthy Bogut is.

Neither is Zach Randolph and we all know how good a player he is inside.

CBLhoops
01-11-2011, 11:59 AM
assuming both are healthy i'd take bogut his game overall seems more polished and his defense is great

Bigsmoke
01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Neither is Zach Randolph and we all know how good a player he is inside.

>_>

Yea but anyways, You just gotta ride with Bogut for at least making the All NBA Team last season and his ability to lock the the paint. You also gotta give him credit of how he improves in the post year after year "beside this year" and being able to be a go-to guy for the playoffs team... a good one at that. Bogut doesnt get easy dunks off Kobe and Odom when Bynum had the 10 game stretch when he was averaging 20/11. I'm sure Bogut could ways to be more effective playing next to Gasol too.

BEAST Griffin
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Bogut's arm is still impacting his offensive game. He has 3 points less per game this year although he plays 3 1/2 minutes more, compared to last year pre-injury.

Rhyen
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Bynum did play through an eff'd up knee in last year's playoffs, gotta give credit where credit's do (even though he's an idiot for not getting surgery sooner but it probably won't matter come playoff time).

Bynum's sheer size drastically alters opposing players' ability to get to the rim. Gasol isn't going to contest.. where as Bynum is a shot blocker fo sho

It would be interesting to see Bogut in the Laker's system, that would be able to give us a more comparible view on things. Bogut is definitly the better passer out of the post, it's hard for me to picture Bynum kick the ball out of the post.. ever.

StacksOnDeck
01-04-2012, 01:59 AM

Negged

triangleoffense
01-04-2012, 02:02 AM
By far Andrew Bynum, even taking into account his injury proneness. Bynum when healthy is nearly as physical as Howard and even smarter offensively. He doesn't have near athleticism of Howard but as far as most physical centers in the league its pretty much Bynum/Howard and everyone else.

blacknapalm
01-04-2012, 02:12 AM
i would have probably said bogut had a slight edge pre-elbow injury. i think that's messed him up more than he wants to let on. i mean, he still feels pain when he makes his arm go completely straight. now, it's bynum.

bogut is more mobile, the better passer and is the better closeout defender. bynum is tougher to guard inside due to his length, is the better rebounder currently and his sheer size reeks havoc in the paint.

Cali Syndicate
01-04-2012, 02:15 AM
I'd call it a wash.

Bogut's d is better but only to the tune of Bynum's better offense. Both have advantages in certain areas but not to a point where one edges the other as an overall player.

I take Bynum tho just for his untapped potential due to playing alongside Kobe and Pau.

Bogut's a solid top 5 center no doubt.

StacksOnDeck
03-13-2012, 11:13 PM
:oldlol:

305Baller
03-13-2012, 11:14 PM
bynum if he can stay healthy

I agree with Stuckey.

Xiao Yao You
03-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Bogut if healthy. Most well rounded center there is.

KBryant24
03-14-2012, 02:28 AM
you guys are dumb
bynum has finally been given the keys to the offense this year.
he is putting up 17-11
this is what he has been capable of when he gets an increase in touches

roffie
03-14-2012, 02:31 AM
bynum anyday easily for me..

but i think its what the team needs more. if you got too many scorers, take bogut.

need points? take bynum.

but with that being said.. bynum is a much better overall player though, and you'll be a fool to pass him up for bogut.

Xiao Yao You
03-14-2012, 03:10 AM
this is what he has been capable of when he gets an increase in touches

And being healthy for a change.

SacJB Shady
03-14-2012, 03:21 AM
I have to cut in here. Regardless of the comparison, I think the Dubs have changed their identity. They have David Lee and Andrew Bogut.

Bigsmoke
03-14-2012, 04:40 AM
real talk

Bynum now > Bogut whenever he was good.

alenleomessi
03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Serious talk, if you give Bynum 1st option touches he will average Howard type of numbers

Xiao Yao You
03-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Assuming he's not hurt and isn't loafing around like the other night.